PDA

View Full Version : Legendary Pokemon Discussion Thread [Read First Post]

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26

Crystal_Knight
29th February 2012, 10:49 PM
Hm... But I wonder if this is supposed to a be a sequel to Pokemon Black and White, is it a 'sequel' like previous ones where we simply play the same game over again with new features installed in that the old version(s) missed out on, or is actually a SEQUEL sequel, that moves the game past where the original version ended, and if we get to see where N ran off to with Reshiram/Zekrom. *lol*

Alexander18
29th February 2012, 10:53 PM
If there was other legendaries apart from Unova legendaries, what would you like?
For me I can see either:
1: Dialga, Palkia, Giratina = So the three orbs can be place on their respective pokemon.
2. Regirock, Regice, Registeel = A hint of Hoenn remakes and are in-game unlike Platinum.
(I pick Regi's cause Latias, Latios, Kyogre, Groudon and Rayquaza were used in HS/SS and were in-game pokemon)

Klinklang_1024
29th February 2012, 11:07 PM
They can just revert back to the gems instead of colors.

ruby, sapphire, emerald, crystal, pearl, gold and silver are all different shades of specific colours, only diamond and platinum are gems/metals, and nothing to do with colour

Grey Wind
29th February 2012, 11:14 PM
The new movie trailer is airing, and it shows the two new Kyurem forms using an Electric move and what I think is Fusion Flare. I assume that this means they keep the Fire and Electric typing, but they're second type is still up in the air.

Palkia98
29th February 2012, 11:34 PM
i think the forms will be like giratina and its forms, kyurem will hold the dark stone and it will be in its zekrom form and it will be holding the light stone and be in its reshiram form, or at least thats what i think will happen..

Hexin' Wishes
29th February 2012, 11:45 PM
The forms are awesome and disappointing at the same time.

Awesome, because they're doing something interesting with not one but three characters.
Disappointing, because I was hoping for the ~ORIGINAL~ version of the dragon in the legend.

TBH, I think the Kyuram looks better than the Kyurom but that may be because I dislike Reshiram's original design while I love Zekrom's.

goldfly2005
1st March 2012, 12:56 AM
True, but in the end, they're really the ones who decide what's canon. The only reason I see a possible change happening is due to them wanting one way or another for the same number of pokemon available to even new players who didn't get B/W. I don't think they would set up a situation that's dependent on the player having the previous game considering how they worked in the past.

The way I see it, we should still go by what's shown in the games during speculation. While Game Freak and Nintendo are the ones to make the decisions, they could do something completely insane- it's best to go with what we have for now.

TsukiMirage
1st March 2012, 1:17 AM
The way I see it, we should still go by what's shown in the games during speculation. While Game Freak and Nintendo are the ones to make the decisions, they could do something completely insane- it's best to go with what we have for now. Well that is true, thought I doubt it'll be anything really crazy.

multi-scale
1st March 2012, 1:44 AM
Expecting a huge BST boost for Kyurem. I really hope it keeps Dragon/Ice typing, because the other likely type is Ice/Fire and Ice/Electric, and Ice/Fire is absolutely terrible defensively. Held item will probably be the key to form change, or which signature move it uses, or whatnot.

Thewindlord
1st March 2012, 4:59 AM
So im hoping it will be something like this:

Right after you make a new save, before you choose your name and gender, there will be a cutseen. It will show the screen cut in half, with N standing in a burning white forest/black city depending on your game, realesing zekrom/reshiram. The other half will show the male character from BW doing the same with his dragon in black city/white forest, and at the same they say "zekrom/Reshiram, save this world from its horrible fate...". Then, later in the game, a cutseen shows the two dragons laying on the ground, injured. Then Kyurem comes down to them and, in english, say's " ... I can't let youl die, the world is at risk...", then a beam of light emits from kyurem while he tries to heal them, and he accidently splits his soul between the two, and BK and WK are formed. When the player discovers this, he tells N. They rush to the ruins of the castle to find ghetis there with the dragons locked in cages, with a mechanical collar on. Ghetis says "Hello N, i see you brought a new freind..", then it shows the male charactot from BW in a cage. Ghetis sends 4 genesects at the player and N, and after a battle the two dragons rise and one flys off, depending on the version, and the other remains. After a battle with the non-mascot dragon, he flies off. Ghetis then uses his little illusion cloning trick thingy of is, and escapes with the cage to the male players cage. Suddenly, the cage door blows up, and all 3 of them escape. The main BW male decides to search for a way to revert the dragons, N searches for them, and you investigate the crevice thing were kyurem was found in BW. Once there, you find ghetis's diary. You read it to find out his plans, to use arceus's energy to deafet the dragons ( the second scene), and then luring kyurem to them, and attacking kyurem while he was healing, so he splits his soul. Then, using the controle collars, he makes them his servants and rules the world. Then you decide it would be best to travel through time with celebi ( who you befreind enventually) and capture kyurem so this never happens. Once in the pass, ghetis, who knew you would do that, attacks you. After you deafet him, kyurem attacks you, and you always loose as he 1hko's your entire team. He then sends you back to the present, where your respective dragon has ripped off his collar and joins you. After deafeting ghetis one last time, the two dragons split there soul and become whole agian, as with kyurem. You can then use celebi to travel back in time, and capture the mixed dragons as a sidequest (only you respective game). Then capture zekrom and reshiram and kyurem in the present, and have the option to obtain the God stone to morph them together and create the original ( another side-quest)

Wadeledge
1st March 2012, 5:52 AM
Anyone else thinking there could be a 3rd form for Kyurem? Like a "true form" that combines the look of all Dragons?

VIA
1st March 2012, 6:07 AM
So im hoping it will be something like this:

Right after you make a new save, before you choose your name and gender, there will be a cutseen. It will show the screen cut in half, with N standing in a burning white forest/black city depending on your game, realesing zekrom/reshiram. The other half will show the male character from BW doing the same with his dragon in black city/white forest, and at the same they say "zekrom/Reshiram, save this world from its horrible fate...". Then, later in the game, a cutseen shows the two dragons laying on the ground, injured. Then Kyurem comes down to them and, in english, say's " ... I can't let youl die, the world is at risk...", then a beam of light emits from kyurem while he tries to heal them, and he accidently splits his soul between the two, and BK and WK are formed. When the player discovers this, he tells N. They rush to the ruins of the castle to find ghetis there with the dragons locked in cages, with a mechanical collar on. Ghetis says "Hello N, i see you brought a new freind..", then it shows the male charactot from BW in a cage. Ghetis sends 4 genesects at the player and N, and after a battle the two dragons rise and one flys off, depending on the version, and the other remains. After a battle with the non-mascot dragon, he flies off. Ghetis then uses his little illusion cloning trick thingy of is, and escapes with the cage to the male players cage. Suddenly, the cage door blows up, and all 3 of them escape. The main BW male decides to search for a way to revert the dragons, N searches for them, and you investigate the crevice thing were kyurem was found in BW. Once there, you find ghetis's diary. You read it to find out his plans, to use arceus's energy to deafet the dragons ( the second scene), and then luring kyurem to them, and attacking kyurem while he was healing, so he splits his soul. Then, using the controle collars, he makes them his servants and rules the world. Then you decide it would be best to travel through time with celebi ( who you befreind enventually) and capture kyurem so this never happens. Once in the pass, ghetis, who knew you would do that, attacks you. After you deafet him, kyurem attacks you, and you always loose as he 1hko's your entire team. He then sends you back to the present, where your respective dragon has ripped off his collar and joins you. After deafeting ghetis one last time, the two dragons split there soul and become whole agian, as with kyurem. You can then use celebi to travel back in time, and capture the mixed dragons as a sidequest (only you respective game). Then capture zekrom and reshiram and kyurem in the present, and have the option to obtain the God stone to morph them together and create the original ( another side-quest)
1. Chances of celebi being in the game without an event is almost a zero chance considering they had a time travel event in HG/SS.
2. Genesect, Meolotta and Keldeo will all be event pokemon. If you can name a time where a pokemon not in game that was not officially revealed was in another version of that game(yes I know these are sequels) be my guest.
3. This game will most likely take place in Unova. I think the speculation wether it will take place in Unova is quite stupid. I mean its Black and White 4. Never happen where the expansion didn't take place in the first version region.
EDIT:
4. Your story about gene sect doesn't match up to anything known about him. Yes he was created by team plasma but he was scrapped and only one of them was made. Unless you want to explain a backstory on the four genesects it doesn't make sense.

slowkingsley
1st March 2012, 6:19 AM
The official movie site has updated with the two formes of Kyurem. They are described as White Kyurem which has the Reshiram Gene and Black Kyurem which has the Zekrom Gene. This seems to suggest that the new Kyurem formes are genetic mutations. I'm not sure whether it is caused by a natural mutation, however this could also tie into the Genesect event story (which I doubt will be part of the plot) and Plasma scientists experimenting with the genetics of pokemon.

Wasarym
1st March 2012, 6:39 AM
Wouldn't it be strange if Kyurem originally didn't have anything to do with Reshiram or Zekrom? When I was hearing about the legends of Kyurem eating people in Lacunosa, I had an idea that maybe Kyurem is part of his own group, and that group is directly opposite of Reshiram and Zekrom.
In words that square-enix fans might understand, we could be mistaking Jenova for an Ancient.
And now, after seeing these new forms, I made a different comparison. Any of you guys seen Godzilla 2000? How the UFO was after Godzillas DNA, and started morphing more and more into a Godzilla-like creature?http://www.google.com/imgres?q=godzilla+orga&um=1&hl=en&safe=off&sa=N&biw=1024&bih=653&tbm=isch&tbnid=QhbxSn
Kyurem probably attempted something similar with both the dragons (or maybe the original dragon) and that's why he's gray. But he wasn't able to finish the job, until he found one of the dragons in orb form, defenseless. Which brings up the God orb, which Kyurem acquires to give him all the powers of the original dragon.
This probably sounds really weird, but I think it's a pretty cool alternate theory.
...Also, looking at Black Kyurems muscular arm and twisted tail remind me of this scene from Cave Story (dont watch if you have any intention of playing Cave Story (great game)) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lnAXgLnBJ94&feature=related
Its almost like Black Kyurem is a mockery of Zekrom. Doesn't seem so with Reshiram so much though. Just a thought.

Sonikku za Hejjihoggu
1st March 2012, 8:29 AM
Wouldn't it be strange if Kyurem originally didn't have anything to do with Reshiram or Zekrom? When I was hearing about the legends of Kyurem eating people in Lacunosa, I had an idea that maybe Kyurem is part of his own group, and that group is directly opposite of Reshiram and Zekrom.

Doesn't quite seem to be the case in this extended trailer. (http://www.pokemon-movie.jp/trailer/index.php)

EmeraldGoblin
1st March 2012, 9:03 AM
has anyone mentioned that these two moves might play an important role?
Freeze Shock: On the second turn, the user hits the target with electrically charged ice. It may leave the target with paralysis.

Ice Burn: On the second turn, an ultracold, freezing wind surrounds the target. This may leave the target with a burn.

i think these signature moves will have something to do with the forms.

Ansem1013
1st March 2012, 9:09 AM
In words that square-enix fans might understand, we could be mistaking Jenova for an Ancient.
And now, after seeing these new forms, I made a different comparison. Any of you guys seen Godzilla 2000? How the UFO was after Godzillas DNA, and started morphing more and more into a Godzilla-like creature?http://www.google.com/imgres?q=godzilla+orga&um=1&hl=en&safe=off&sa=N&biw=1024&bih=653&tbm=isch&tbnid=QhbxSn
Kyurem probably attempted something similar with both the dragons (or maybe the original dragon) and that's why he's gray. But he wasn't able to finish the job, until he found one of the dragons in orb form, defenseless. Which brings up the God orb, which Kyurem acquires to give him all the powers of the original dragon.
This probably sounds really weird, but I think it's a pretty cool alternate theory.
...Also, looking at Black Kyurems muscular arm and twisted tail remind me of this scene from Cave Story (dont watch if you have any intention of playing Cave Story (great game)) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lnAXgLnBJ94&feature=related
Its almost like Black Kyurem is a mockery of Zekrom. Doesn't seem so with Reshiram so much though. Just a thought.
BW implied that Kyurem is somehow related to the original dragon that Zekrom and Reshiram came from. It is generally accepted that Kyurem was the carcass or something of the original one...

Freeze Shock: On the second turn, the user hits the target with electrically charged ice. It may leave the target with paralysis.

Ice Burn: On the second turn, an ultracold, freezing wind surrounds the target. This may leave the target with a burn.

I saw this mentioned on this forum sometime between now and the announcement. I wasn't even aware of these two moves prior to the forms being revealed. I agree that they'll probably be used by the new forms!

! ftw

Beat!
1st March 2012, 9:14 AM

Maybe the move will determine which form Kyurem will take. Maybe it can only learn one of them at a time, or one game will have a tutor for Freeze Shock and the other, one for Ice Burn.

Or simplier..held items.

Ansem1013
1st March 2012, 9:16 AM
Maybe the move will determine which form Kyurem will take. Maybe it can only learn one of them at a time, or one game will have a tutor for Freeze Shock and the other, one for Ice Burn.

Or simplier..held items.

I'm assuming it'd be like the moves each of the Rotom forms get...

Wasarym
1st March 2012, 3:48 PM
http://www.serebii.net/movies/kyurem/21.jpg
Doesn't quite seem to be the case in this extended trailer. (http://www.pokemon-movie.jp/trailer/index.php)
Do you know whats being said at the start of the full trailer? With all three of the dragons on top of floating rocks?

Hidden Power
1st March 2012, 4:56 PM
Do you know whats being said at the start of the full trailer? With all three of the dragons on top of floating rocks?

レシラムとゼクロムの力を併せ持つ、地上最強のドラゴンポケモン その名はキュレム!

Nothing much, it just says "Possessing the strength of both Reshiram and Zekrom, the strongest dragon Pokemon on earth, name's Kyurem!"

Siebold
1st March 2012, 5:31 PM
Anyone else thinking there could be a 3rd form for Kyurem? Like a "true form" that combines the look of all Dragons?

I think a 3rd form would be taking it a bit far. What if Kyurem (Normal) is the "true form" I mean he's gray, black and white combined. And maybe Black and White Kyurem are just Kyurem split in half?

Valdoom
1st March 2012, 5:44 PM
The problem with Kyurem stuff is that there are so many theories behind it

One says that Zekrom and Reshiram were one Dragon that were split and Kyurem came down on a Meteor that landed at the Giant Chasm

another says that When Zekrom and Reshiram split it left Kyurem behind as the carcass making it a cold and empty shell.

This is on Bulbapedia (although being a wiki you can't take it as proper reference) about how the Tao trio are related

The mythologies of the trio are implied to be connected, despite having no true relation. The origins of Zekrom and Reshiram are told in legends, as they were once a single powerful Dragon Pokémon used by twin heroes in order to create the Unova region. But the brothers each sought something different in life—truth for the older brother and ideals for the younger—and they began to argue, then fight, over who's side was right. The single dragon, in response, split into two Pokémon: Reshiram, who sided with the older twin, and Zekrom, who sided with the younger twin.
The two dragons were equally matched as they battled and neither conquered the other. As a result, the brothers set aside their differences, and equally declared there was no right side, either. But the sons of the heroes resumed the fight, and Reshiram and Zekrom destroyed the region with their fire and lightning powers. They subsequently disappeared afterward.
At the beginning of Black and White, one of them resides in the Dragonspiral Tower, who is called upon by N to create his ideal world. The player is tasked with finding the other dragon in its corresponding stone (Light Stone in Black and Dark Stone in White) and revive it to resolve the history the twins began in the past.
Kyurem's origins are much different than those of the other two. The third dragon came down to Earth from an icy meteor and crashed into a place called Giant Chasm. An old legend in Lacunosa Town describing Kyurem claims that it would take people and Pokémon away from the town and eat them; this is why the town is now surrounded by a giant wall.

So these forms may be Kyurem taking power from the two dragons etc but we shall see

Icy Meteor
1st March 2012, 6:39 PM
Incase you guys were wondering, Kyurem's biography on the japanese movie website updated, and according to a translation of it, Kyurem becomes Black Kyurem and White Kyurem though absorbing Reshiram's and Zekrom's genes.

Source (http://pokebeach.com/2012/02/another-15th-movie-trailer)

Psychic
1st March 2012, 7:19 PM
I'm kind of disappointed that Kyurem's form change is just the product of absorbing the other dragon's power. That's a lot less exciting than some of the theories I've seen floating around.

Also agreed that considering for both of Kyurem's forms, only half of its body has Zekrom/Reshiram's attributes, it seems plausible for Kyurem to have a final form with attributes from both of them. Kyurem doesn't seem to be related to the ultimate dragon Zekrom and Reshiram were split from, though, and I'm dissppointed they won't be expanding on that (from what we know).

~Psychic

Dragonicwari
1st March 2012, 7:28 PM
I like how this conversation only is about kyurem, so i'll be a little off topic (though it is completely on topic) and say, i think keldeo might get released with the 15th movie, anyone elses thoughts on this?

Ansem1013
1st March 2012, 7:41 PM
I like how this conversation only is about kyurem, so i'll be a little off topic (though it is completely on topic) and say, i think keldeo might get released with the 15th movie, anyone elses thoughts on this?

there were thoughts of Keldeo not being released with its movie?

RedAce♠
1st March 2012, 8:02 PM
My guess is probably a time travel in the past where kyurem is still in his full dragon form. And you fight him (catch him) there. It would be awesome if we can travel from the past!

Now this guy has an awesome idea. I don't believe Kyurem B/W is seperate pokemon requardless his position in the Dex, I still believe it's alternate forms of some kind. But the idea of Time Traveling returning into the game and the possiblity of it having a much bigger part (Not saying the celebi event to go back in time to fight Giovanni was pointless, I fairly enjoyed it, but it wasn't a huge part of the main plot so to speak) But time traveling could be a new thing to use, like the Distortion World in Pokemon Platinum. But I would like to see a unique area like that to be more than just an area to catch a legendary...

DBK
1st March 2012, 8:07 PM
I don't believe Kyurem B/W is seperate pokemon requardless his position in the Dex, I still believe it's alternate forms of some kind.

No worries. That's pretty much a fact.

Morty05
1st March 2012, 8:11 PM
yes GF confirmed that two forms offical names are black Kyurem and white Kyurem. As they did not renamed the dragon it is clear that it will be same drago abit with different forms.

Scaldaver
1st March 2012, 8:17 PM
Hey, how do we know if these are new Kyurem formes or new forms of Reshiram and Zekrom???

DBK
1st March 2012, 8:26 PM
Hey, how do we know if these are new Kyurem formes or new forms of Reshiram and Zekrom???

Because they have been specifically identified, by GF, as Kyurem forms. The movie trailer proves it.

[IX]
1st March 2012, 8:52 PM
Sorry I'm kinda low on this but...

Are White and Black Kyurem new seperate pokemons (Ex :#650 and #651 ) or just forms of Kyurem ( still #646) ?

I'm lost with all those different statements and news... Thank you for your help...

DBK
1st March 2012, 9:23 PM
;14238789']Sorry I'm kinda low on this but...

Are White and Black Kyurem new seperate pokemons (Ex :#650 and #651 ) or just forms of Kyurem ( still #646) ?

I'm lost with all those different statements and news... Thank you for your help...

Look at the post above yours.

IamLegend
1st March 2012, 9:23 PM
;14238789']Sorry I'm kinda low on this but...

They're forms of Kyurem.

They're not forms of Zekrom or Reshiram.

They're not new Pokemon.

Qmaz246
1st March 2012, 9:49 PM
So, if they are forms.... How would you change them between Black and White or just Kyurem?

Scaldaver
1st March 2012, 9:59 PM
So, if they are forms.... How would you change them between Black and White or just Kyurem?

Maybe they're like deoxys in the GBA games? When u switch the game, u switch the forme? Or held item - dark or light stone will change it?

IamLegend
1st March 2012, 10:04 PM

Who knows? The simplest thing would be to change it's form depending on the held item/game.

Alexander18
1st March 2012, 10:08 PM
What if Kyurem changes form when you have Reshiram/Zekrom in the party, it will sense that they are close by, thereby enabling it to transform.

Blackjack the Titan
1st March 2012, 10:14 PM

A held item would be the most likely answer. We'd probably get it from the Nacrene Museum/gym. Or near the Freeze Rock in Twist Mountain.

DBK
1st March 2012, 10:30 PM

I think the stones are the key. They could treated the same way the gracidea flower is treated.

Ansem1013
1st March 2012, 10:41 PM
What if Kyurem changes form when you have Reshiram/Zekrom in the party, it will sense that they are close by, thereby enabling it to transform.

I think that's too much effort. Then the game would require you to capture one of the dragons just to get the one of the new kyurem, as well as force you to use them together

PsiOmega
1st March 2012, 11:35 PM
What's interesting about the Kyurem formes is that they look like Reshiram and Zekrom. What do you guys think is the story behind this? My first thought was "FUSION", but since this is Pokémon that probably isn't the case.

I dunno. Reshiram and Zekrom know FUSION Flare and FUSION Bolt.

Endolise
1st March 2012, 11:48 PM
It occurs to me, after watching the latest movie trailer, that perhaps Kyurem's new formes are naturally-occurring and actually precede the split into Reshiram/Zekrom, therefore making Kyurem the true Original Dragon. It should be noted that Kyur@m, no matter which forme he is in, resembles a half-Kyurem/half-Tao Dragon hybrid. Now, let's assume that Kyurem is a species of Pokemon, and not a unique individual. I'm theorizing that every Kyurem would have the ability to transform into Kyur@m, and would collectively symbolize Wuji, Yin and Yang simultaneously, but the outward representation would depend on whatever forme it was in at the time. That is to say, Kyurem-W would represent Yang, Kyurem-B would stand for Yin, and Kyurem's default forme; Wuji. Then, in applying this theory to our story-pertinent Kyurem, perhaps the reason Reshiram and Zekrom appear the way they do is because when Kyurem split, its "Yin half" consisted entirely of Yin, thereby "completing" the Zekrom half as its own entity, and the "Yang-half" doing the same for Reshiram.

Assuming this is all true, then maybe B2W2 won't focus on merging Resh/Zek and Kyurem back into an almost-complete "Original Dragon"; instead exploring Kyurem's role AS the Original Dragon. :D

Thewindlord
2nd March 2012, 12:03 AM
@whoever responded to my last post

Well, i typed that up in about 10 min, and didn't have much time to think. But, for some backstory about genesect, perhaps ghetis was able to do more research while hiding, and discovered where it went wrong and remade it so it was stronger than the original. Then, proceeded to create more. Also, may i add, this version should take place 5 years into the future.

As for celebi, how about a new pokemon? Acually, i would like to see an item that does this, named the time talisman. Basically, it is a talisman that can create a wormhole through time if exposed to strong enough energy (like colbation and the others, a nice way to tie them into the story).

Beat!
2nd March 2012, 12:44 AM
The last Pokemon of each Regional Dex never takes part in the storyline. They have been always event Pokemon (Think Mew, Celebi, Deoxys, Arceus and now Genesect), and since generation III another couple of Pokemons are too (Jirachi, Manaphy, Regigigas, Darkrai, Meloetta..to name a few..) They never take part in the storyline nor are required to meet to advance the plot.

My guess is that if this are indeed sequels then Ghetis might try to hunt down Kyurem.

rocky505
2nd March 2012, 1:14 AM
I dunno. Reshiram and Zekrom know FUSION Flare and FUSION Bolt. the only reason they are called that is because when they are used in the same turn they get twice as powerful.

Wasarym
2nd March 2012, 1:16 AM
レシラムとゼクロムの力を併せ持つ、地上最強のドラゴンポケモン その名はキュレム!

Nothing much, it just says "Possessing the strength of both Reshiram and Zekrom, the strongest dragon Pokemon on earth, name's Kyurem!"

Hmmm... right. Probably doesn't mean anything. But then again, it goes suspiciously well with that theory I posted a few posts back... but even I only half believe that.

But if Kyurem is the leftovers of Reshiram and Zekroms split, does that mean Kyurem himself still contains residual powers of the two? Probably not... and that energy that comes out of the two and enters Kyurem in the new trailer may or may not mean anything either.

~Nicole~
2nd March 2012, 2:14 AM
I think the corresponding dragon Zekrom in Black 2 and Reshiram in White 2 would be permanently merged with Kyurem and in order to get Kyurem original form and Zekrom in B2 or Reshiram in W2 you would have to trade for BW1. My take on it :)

Wasarym
2nd March 2012, 4:25 AM
I think the corresponding dragon Zekrom in Black 2 and Reshiram in White 2 would be permanently merged with Kyurem and in order to get Kyurem original form and Zekrom in B2 or Reshiram in W2 you would have to trade for BW1. My take on it
Hope that worked. Watch the top trailer.

DBK
2nd March 2012, 5:21 AM
Jeeze people, really? They are not fusions, they are forms. Fusions denote whole new pokemon, which these are not. It's already been confirmed that they are forms. And if you watch the extended trailer, that pretty much proves it as well.

This whole fusion discussion is almost as bad the the Hoenn one........almost.

Blackjack the Titan
2nd March 2012, 11:42 AM
I think the corresponding dragon Zekrom in Black 2 and Reshiram in White 2 would be permanently merged with Kyurem and in order to get Kyurem original form and Zekrom in B2 or Reshiram in W2 you would have to trade for BW1. My take on it :)

No such luck.
Watch the trailer. Kyurem is absorbing energy from the two dragons making its lopsided original form full.

Bushido Bob
2nd March 2012, 6:24 PM
Hmm...

I wonder what will be done with Keldeo, Meloetta, and Genesect. BW2 coming out before all of them will be distributed makes me suspect the original BW1 events are just shoddy placeholders.

The Eleventh
2nd March 2012, 6:30 PM
Hmm...

I wonder what will be done with Keldeo, Meloetta, and Genesect. BW2 coming out after all of them will be distributed makes me suspect the original BW1 events are just shoddy placeholders.
BW2 are out in June this year. If Game Freak can release Keldeo, Meloetta and Genesect in three months (as well as revealing the latter), then props to them.

In other words, that's not happening.

Bushido Bob
2nd March 2012, 6:39 PM
BW2 are out in June this year. If Game Freak can release Keldeo, Meloetta and Genesect in three months (as well as revealing the latter), then props to them.

In other words, that's not happening.

You seem to be missing my point.

None of those three are set to be distributed during the time BW1 are the main games.

It's probably going to be like the Member Pass and Oak's Letter all over again, except this time Gamefreak didn't bother putting them into the original pair of games.

The Eleventh
2nd March 2012, 9:46 PM
You seem to be missing my point.
You didn't make it clear enough.

BW2 coming out after all of them will be distributed

Bushido Bob
2nd March 2012, 9:54 PM
You didn't make it clear enough.

...Oh wow. I really messed up there.

But still, I wouldn't be surprised if the three can actually be caught now.

DBK
2nd March 2012, 10:05 PM
...Oh wow. I really messed up there.

But still, I wouldn't be surprised if the three can actually be caught now.

Considering that those three require being downloaded from an event to acquire, I don't see that happening. There won't be an item to unlock them like there was for Victini.

Wasarym
2nd March 2012, 10:27 PM
Hmm...

I wonder what will be done with Keldeo, Meloetta, and Genesect. BW2 coming out before all of them will be distributed makes me suspect the original BW1 events are just shoddy placeholders.

You know, just because they are new games does not mean they're replacing the old ones... none of the events (except Victini) were to actually catch any of the event pokemon. They were all stuff like teaching Keldeo secret sword, or Genesect receiving his cannon cassettes. These events probably won't be in Black 2 or White 2, but the events for catching the event pokemon will.

EDIT: You'll simply need to trade to get those moves/cassetes.

DBK
2nd March 2012, 10:36 PM
These events probably won't be in Black 2 or White 2, but the events for catching the event pokemon will.

I doubt that the acquiring of said event pokemon would be that complicated. Forcing you to buy BW2 for the event pokemon, just so you can unlock their specific events in BW? I don't see GF doing that. Most likely they will create new events to unlock, with said pokemon, in BW2.

Wasarym
2nd March 2012, 11:23 PM
I doubt that the acquiring of said event pokemon would be that complicated. Forcing you to buy BW2 for the event pokemon, just so you can unlock their specific events in BW? I don't see GF doing that. Most likely they will create new events to unlock, with said pokemon, in BW2.

By that logic, GF shouldn't force you to buy BW2 just so you can get Kyurem's new forms. If anything, this would force you to buy the first BW, just so your event pokemon can get its signature move.

DBK
2nd March 2012, 11:33 PM
By that logic, GF shouldn't force you to buy BW2 just so you can get Kyurem's new forms. If anything, this would force you to buy the first BW, just so your event pokemon can get its signature move.

You assume that the forms are the only new things to acquire in BW2. That most likely won't be the case.

And they can release the event pokemon for the second games as well, they just wouldn't have them already available in game, like Victini.

Stop thinking in just black and white (no pun intended).

Wasarym
3rd March 2012, 12:32 AM
You assume that the forms are the only new things to acquire in BW2. That most likely won't be the case.
Well, yeah. They are new games. I was being narrow by only mentioning kyurem because the event pokemon are event pokemon, not truly important to the overall experience like the mascot is (at least for gen 5).

Also, I'm all for new events in BW2, they just shouldn't need to replace the ones in BW.

rocky505
3rd March 2012, 2:40 AM
Stupid ign still thinking the new formes are fusions -_-

~Nicole~
3rd March 2012, 5:12 AM
From what I get, Black Kyurem and White Kyurem are apparently different Pokemon from Reshiram, Zekrom and Kyurem original form, so...??

Beat!
3rd March 2012, 5:19 AM
From what I get, Black Kyurem and White Kyurem are apparently different Pokemon from Reshiram, Zekrom and Kyurem original form, so...??

Black Kyurem and White Kyurem are still Kyurem, just a different form. They're not gonna take a place in the Unova Dex.

[ACE] Zero
3rd March 2012, 5:48 AM
Black Kyurem and White Kyurem are still Kyurem, just a different form. They're not gonna take a place in the Unova Dex.

Thats still unconfirmed, FYI.
Lets sed what they say at Smash

55afrothunder
3rd March 2012, 5:53 AM
i like the white kyurem

MikeHill005
3rd March 2012, 6:01 AM
Is it possible that a future event will involve the black ship in Castelia City? As far as I know, it hasn't been used for anything thus far.

Ranaldo52
3rd March 2012, 6:12 AM
These alternate forms look like Fails. O.o I really like zekrom but zekrom mixed with kyurem looks totally wierd and abnormal although the reshiram form looks a bit cool seems as though i'll be purchasing pokemon black 2 instead of white 2.

Beat!
3rd March 2012, 6:23 AM

What is exactly unconfirmed? That those are forms? Or that they won't take a spot on the Unova Dex?

Those ARE forms given their names and the trailer of the movie confirms that they aren't Pokemon on their own.
As for a place in the Unova Dex, no other Pokemon form before had its own place in the Dex (think Shaymin Sky Forme or Giratina's or even Meloetta's.

DBK
3rd March 2012, 6:43 AM

They are confirmed as forms, by GF none the less. No new pokedex enteries, they are called BlackKyurem and WhiteKyurem, and the movie trailer undeniably proves that.

Seriously people, if you still think they are completely different pokemon after all that, then I have some bad news for you........

[ACE] Zero
3rd March 2012, 6:56 AM
What is exactly unconfirmed? That those are forms? Or that they won't take a spot on the Unova Dex?

Those ARE forms given their names and the trailer of the movie confirms that they aren't Pokemon on their own.
As for a place in the Unova Dex, no other Pokemon form before had its own place in the Dex (think Shaymin Sky Forme or Giratina's or even Meloetta's.

The forms are confirmed, if they are gwtting their own Dex number isnt, plus BW2 are direct sequels, thats something thats never hapoened before so you dont know how things are going to be this time around, like i said wait untill its officially confirmed

Beat!
3rd March 2012, 7:40 AM
Black Kyurem and White Kyurem are pretty much their names, that much it's confirmed since official websites list those names.

I think that what Serebii meant is that tomorrow they would only confirm that in Pokemon Smash.

DanteKoriyu
3rd March 2012, 7:45 AM
http://www.serebiiforums.com/showpost.php?p=14223080&postcount=143

Confirmation of them still being #646, Kyurem.

Gawd, I told Serebii he should have updated his site to include this reveal instead of just posting it on the forum and as part of the main sites' content pages without a proper announcement. But of course, the peon doesn't know better than the webmaster... =P

[ACE] Zero
3rd March 2012, 7:47 AM
Black Kyurem and White Kyurem are pretty much their names, that much it's confirmed since official websites list those names.

I think that what Serebii meant is that tomorrow they would only confirm that in Pokemon Smash.

Thats what I thought as well, :) makes more sense, its just annoying and confusing that they confirmed the names on everywhere else and a week later they are doing the "confirmation' barely on Pokemon Smash.

Mudster
3rd March 2012, 8:31 AM
Wow, lots of arguing going on here guys. This is only a speculation thread. No point in getting too heated up about it, especially when we will find out soon enough.

Anyway, I'm hoping that the new Kyurem formes look good as shinies, and that they do combine Reshiram and Zekrom's shiny colourings as part of that. I've got a shiny Kyurem waiting to change to black forme, assuming it only changes forme by an item.

Valdoom
3rd March 2012, 2:33 PM
Whoa a lot of arguing O_o its not that big a deal, either way its in the game :)

For those who still need confirmation, Black/White Kyurem are forms on the same Pokedex number as Kyurem and what there names are, posted by Serebii himself

I know many are confused over Masuda's comments about these beign Legendary Pokémon to the point that people think they are new, I just received the assets from NOE

They are named

646_BlackKyurem
646_WhiteKyurem

This proves that they are forms and not seperate Pokémon. Obvious, I know, but still...worth noting

http://www.serebiiforums.com/showpost.php?p=14223080&postcount=143

edit: doh didn't see DanteKoriyu had already posted it xD

Icy Meteor
3rd March 2012, 9:53 PM
I think the reason people are confused as to whether or not Black Kyurem and White Kyurem are forms or standalone Pokémon is because these forms are being heavily advertised with their form names, to my recollection Shaymin and Giratina's forms weren't marketed by their form names, just that they were new forms.

But I would have thought that the revelation that Kyurem absorbs Reshiram's and Zekroms genes to become Black Kyurem or White Kyurem would have been enough to suggest that these Pokémon are Kyurem forms.

DittoDude
3rd March 2012, 10:36 PM
Guys, I had an idea. What if there was a 4th Kyurem forme that combined all 3 Tao dragons? It seems to make sense since Reshi and Zek were once the same dragon.

Alexander18
3rd March 2012, 10:41 PM
Guys, I had an idea. What if there was a 4th Kyurem forme that combined all 3 Tao dragons? It seems to make sense since Reshi and Zek were once the same dragon.

I don't know if that is gonna happen, seems very unlikely since the two forms of Kyurem are the only ones revealed for movie and games but considering that they surprise us with Black/White 2, anything is possible.

Wasarym
4th March 2012, 5:15 AM
Has anyone brought up the possibility that Kyurem changes forms like Meloetta does? I know nothing happens in BW, but maybe Kyurem has to be holding something while it uses the attack. Kyurem would change in the charge-up turn. Although this would likely suck competitively.

bidoofdude
4th March 2012, 5:45 AM
I have an idea!
The original dragon split into two forms so it could watch over the east and west of Unova. It split into Kyurem and Reshiram/Zekrom. The kyurem felt jealous and incomplete so it split reshiram/zekrom into two, and itself into two. The empty shell of kyurem fell down to giant chasm, somehow creating a meteor around itself and crashing. The two kyurem halves tried to fuse with Reshiram and Zekrom. (one dragon for each half) However they failed, and some of the fire dragons dna fused with one of the kyurems. And the electrics dna with the other. The normal dragons: zekky and reshi were injured and fled into unova to escape, therefore following the story of bw where n capturees reshiram in white etc. and the fused dragons watch over unova from the clouds for years to come. Years later, Ghetsis, hears about the legend of the two fused dragons, so he decides to capture them to complete his plans. He joins up tp in secret and heads to giant chasm, where tp captures the kyurem shell in order to summon the two fusions. The two fusions join up into the original kyurem but ghetsis still needs the fire/electric dragons to create the original dragon. Unova is under attack by kyurem so the player needs to find N to help. N and the player team up in a double battle to defeat ghetsis, and they free kyurem who is again seperated into two, with the shell being able to be caught on the spot by the player. However, ghetsis steals reshi and zekky, and flees. reshi and zekky are now both in ghetsis' party. You and N now capture one of the fusions each. I dont know where each event takes place but whatever. The player then heads to mistralton city and takes a plane into the clouds where Ghetsis is residing. Your fusion now follows you like in hgss, and you cant change pokemon. that way, the dragon fusion is not captured, just in your control. When facing normal trainers and grunts you will use your normal party, as well as with wild pokemon. Anyway, you go up to ghetsis and the two dragons and the two fusions are facing each other. Kyurem (shell) pops out of its pokeball and a glow emanates from it. The glow flashes and wait for it... Arceus god form appears. It has many arms and has four moves: It has both dragons siggy moves as well as kyurems and holy judgement (new move) Ghetsis steps in front of it and you face him. Ghetsis has the three genies in his party, all level 100 and genesect, also level 100. by now, most of your pokes are about level 60-70, so you dont stand a chance. You lose, instead of blacking out, you are knocked back, N runs foward and Ghetsis kicks him back too. Its pretty much all over, but cheren, bell and alder come. You chuck alder your starter, and cheren and bell use their respective pokemon. Alder temporarily makes them lv100, they battle and they win, knocking ghetsis backwards. Looker comes and arrests him, and N heals your pokemon and raises your starter to lv 100, so you stand a chance. From here you battle the unova arceus, the original dragon and the unova version of the one in sinnoh. It has a different cry. alder will hand you a master ball, you catch it, and the arceus you caught is level 90, and it lifts its spirit from its body, thus the spirit becoming your pokemon. The body splits and the 3 pokemon turn into balls of light and shoot out in all directions, going to their respective places, now able to be captured in pokeballs. the two pokemon left, the fusions, stay behind, leaving you and N to capture one of them, depending on your game. If you take the plane back to the clouds later in the game, the three genies will be waiting. When you get to a certain distance, the two storm genies will leave on opposite sides, one to the west, one to the east, roaming unova. Once yo have both, go to the abundant shrine where landorus is etc etc. The game ends, and when you return to the e4, something happens that is opposite to bw. In bw, when you go to the e4 the first time, n is there, and alder is there second and beyond. in the sequels it is opposite, alder goes soemwhere and n is champion. thank you, you may hold the applause.

[ACE] Zero
4th March 2012, 5:48 AM
Has anyone brought up the possibility that Kyurem changes forms like Meloetta does? I know nothing happens in BW, but maybe Kyurem has to be holding something while it uses the attack. Kyurem would change in the charge-up turn. Although this would likely suck competitively.

The "god stone" is your answer.

Wasarym
4th March 2012, 5:55 AM
The "god stone" is your answer.

I wonder why the god stone was even programed in to BW. It's there, but it doesn't do anything to Kyurem (unless no one has used Kyurem, the stones, and the moves in conjunction). We wouldn't even know it existed if it wasn't there.

Beck
4th March 2012, 6:00 AM
I wonder why the god stone was even programed in to BW. It's there, but it doesn't do anything to Kyurem (unless no one has used Kyurem, the stones, and the moves in conjunction). We wouldn't even know it existed if it wasn't there.

If those three had any connection in Black and White then we would have known about it by now. I, for one, don't know the story behind the controversy of the "God Stone," though.

Espeonite
4th March 2012, 6:01 AM
I abhor Kyurem's new forms. They're my least favourite Pokémon (I hate having to call them that) without any question. I can't find any redeeming features, which I find quite surprising. I'm ultimately very disappointed with these abominations; I was looking forward to a complete, defined, appealing form of Kyurem.

I just wish every second user would stop using them as avatars. >_>

This has been speculated since Black and White were first released.

With every new gen. the Pokemon get uglier and more pointless.

I think Nintendo has been running out of ideas (looks at the icecream pokemon) for quite sometime.

bidoofdude
4th March 2012, 6:02 AM
If those three had any connection in Black and White then we would have known about it by now. I, for one, don't know the story behind the controversy of the "God Stone," though.

In a few minutes this thread will become a discussion about the god stone.

bidoofdude
4th March 2012, 6:05 AM

I think Nintendo has been running out of ideas (looks at the icecream pokemon) for quite sometime.

Vanilluxe is freaking awesome! Its jsut people like you think inanimate objects cant be pokemon. Look at muk, voltorb. I gotta admit i went aww when i saw vanniluxe and trubbish. and guys dont say aww often.

Sorry about the double post there.

Primal Crusader V
4th March 2012, 6:05 AM
In a few minutes this thread will become a discussion about the god stone.

Yep, now this conversation is aimed at this "God Stone" controversy (GMT-8)

bidoofdude
4th March 2012, 6:07 AM

(kung fu panda quote)

Agreed...

Beck
4th March 2012, 6:07 AM
Vanilluxe is freaking awesome! Its jsut people like you think inanimate objects cant be pokemon. Look at muk, voltorb. I gotta admit i went aww when i saw vanniluxe and trubbish. and guys dont say aww often.

Sorry about the double post there.

Not so much why it was controversial (because the Biblical allusion is obvious), but rather what was done about it, and the item itself.

Anyway, continue. :p

bidoofdude
4th March 2012, 6:08 AM
Not so much why it was controversial (because the Biblical allusion is obvious), but rather what was done about it, and the item itself.

Anyway, continue. :p

See, you just talked about it. please, people.
aww now im talking about it.

Espeonite
4th March 2012, 6:11 AM
I haven't even bought Black & White, last game i owned was HG/SS which i loved because of its coverage of the first two gens (the best games of the franchise).

I wish Nintendo would do a reboot of sorts because the past three generations have been very disappointing and now i add this Black & White 2 to the list.

Wasarym
4th March 2012, 6:16 AM

I'm somewhat confused on the whole "running out of ideas" saying. There was never an ice cream pokemon before, so it is a new idea. Seems to me like when someone is truly running out of ideas, they keep putting out the same junk. Now, running out of good ideas, maybe. But even then, the concept of good is subjective. And a lot of people like pokemon...

I, for one, don't get hung up on the designs of pokemon.

Beat!
4th March 2012, 7:28 AM

How is an ice cream pokemon worse than a half a dozen eggs that evolve into a coconut tree? Or a living toxic sludge?

If Vanilluxe would have been released in generation I, we wouldn't been having this conversation. The opposite is truth. If let's say, Weezing or Magnemite, were just released in generation V then a lot of people would be like: "Waaahh they're running out of ideas". Perspective, people.

Incidentally, i do find Roggenrrola a little bit disturbing.

JBiGGiE
4th March 2012, 8:00 AM

Because it doesn't have a face?

Beat!
4th March 2012, 8:08 AM
Because it doesn't have a face?

The ear man, the ear! At first i was like "Ok..it has a big hole on it's face, it must be it's eye." And even there, i found it unsettling, but after i saw that it was it's ear, i just got creeped out.

So a big ear and no eyes or mouth, makes a creepy Pokemon.

Zachmac
4th March 2012, 8:09 AM
How is an ice cream pokemon worse than a half a dozen eggs that evolve into a coconut tree? Or a living toxic sludge?
Okay, I support this side of the argument, but I get kind picky about this stuff. That pile of "eggs" is actually seeds...
I personally like it much better then Geodude, but whatever.
Hm, I've thought of this theory earlier today. Those moves will suck competitively anyway. There is a reason good players never use Sky Attack.
Maybe it will unlock something in the next game? Or perhaps they just thought ahead about form changing or something along those lines, seeing as Skymin and Giritina-O wouldn't appear in D/P. But then again, I don't think these forms are in the coding...

JBiGGiE
4th March 2012, 8:11 AM
The ear man, the ear! At first i was like "Ok..it has a big hole on it's face, it must be it's eye." And even there, i found it unsettling, but after i saw that it was it's ear, i just got creeped out.

So a big ear and no eyes or mouth, makes a creepy Pokemon.

Dually noted, sir.

bidoofdude
4th March 2012, 8:27 AM
Dually noted, sir.

this convo has gone from legendary pokemon in the sequels to a god stone debate to a discussion on what pokemon suck.

Morty05
4th March 2012, 8:30 AM
if we combined it togather we now have legendary roganroller discussion! insert why you think Roganroller would be legendary pokemon in BW2.

Beat!
4th March 2012, 8:57 AM
if we combined it togather we now have legendary roganroller discussion! insert why you think Roganroller would be legendary pokemon in BW2.

Shh, that thing can hear when you're typing about it..That's how creepy it is!

Now..back on topic. Do u think Kyurem will still be in the Giant Chasm or will it be available in another location? Kinda like Giratina in Platinum....

bidoofdude
4th March 2012, 9:15 AM
Shh, that thing can hear when you're typing about it..That's how creepy it is!

Now..back on topic. Do u think Kyurem will still be in the Giant Chasm or will it be available in another location? Kinda like Giratina in Platinum....

It really depends. I have my own theory on the page before this one. in my speculation, when youre on top of the clouds and beat ghetsis, all the legendary pokemon except the genies form beams of light and flash off in alll directions. so in my theory, the original would go back to giant chasm.

Just wondering, are the sprites for the black kyurem and white kyurem in the coding? If not, do you think that they had them in there just in case, along with the god stone, but were removed
Also, how will black kyurem and white kyurem trade with bw. if they are 5th gen, i imagine they would actually be formes and not seperate pokemon. Because there is no coding for white kyurem or black kyurem in bw. kind of like shaymin and giratina. shaymin loses its sky form and giratina reverts back to normal when communicating with other dpt games because the dp games dont have the coding for the seperate forms exclusive to platinum. so, there are two possibilites for communicating between bw2 and bw1: 1- They have hold items which change their forme, to black or white and they revert to normal kyurem when entering communications or 2- They are seperate pokemon and are not allowed to be used in communication. If it is no2, there will be a prob, because some people may want to battle competitively with bw kyurem. So, im guessing option 1, because it is more plausible and effective to allow the kyurem to be used in communication. so yeah :)

abrar14
4th March 2012, 9:29 AM
I haven't even bought Black & White, last game i owned was HG/SS which i loved because of its coverage of the first two gens (the best games of the franchise).

I wish Nintendo would do a reboot of sorts because the past three generations have been very disappointing and now i add this Black & White 2 to the list.

How can you say it's disappointing when we barley have any info yet

Zachmac
4th March 2012, 9:31 AM
It's hard to say were Kyurem will appear. I think it'll appear in the giant chasm, but I really have not theory or whatever to back it up.

Just wondering, are the sprites for the black kyurem and white kyurem in the coding? IfI'll bet people would be making a big deal about that if they found it in the games coding.
It'll be legendary because it evolves into the high pressure pokemon, and we all know that Legendaries have strong connections with pressure.

bidoofdude
4th March 2012, 9:33 AM
It's hard to say were Kyurem will appear. I think it'll appear in the giant chasm, but I really have not theory or whatever to back it up.
I'll bet people would be making a big deal about that if they found it in the games coding. It'll be legendary because it evolves into the high pressure pokemon, and we all know that Legendaries have strong connections with pressure.

I know, theyre not in there but imsaying what if they were going to but they removed them. :)
This is random but does anyone agree that normal kyurem looks way awesomer than shiny kyurem, seriously, just pink instead of yellow, i was expecting black!

Mutzaki
4th March 2012, 2:59 PM
This may or may not have been brought up already, but I, like many others, believe the new forms are a kind of fusion between Kyurem and Zekrom/Reshiram. The way how these would fuse is obviously still unknown at this point, but I can definitely see them using the same mechanic for when evolving Karrablast and Shelmet. Trading Kyurem with Zekrom/Reshiram to create the new form makes a lot of sense to me. It would definitely go well with these new games, if they are indeed sequels. They could even have you trade your gray dragon from B&W, with the black or white one of the new games, to make some weird kind of time paradox. I mean, why let this newly introduced, very suiting mechanic go unused?

Icy Meteor
4th March 2012, 5:38 PM

It's unfair to even think that Black 2 & White 2 will be dissapointing without even playing them, like you said yourself you haven't even purchased Black or White so it's unfair to give a full judgement without even playing the games.

Insanity_X
4th March 2012, 6:01 PM

How do you know they're dissapointing if you haven't played them?

Beat!
4th March 2012, 6:39 PM
This may or may not have been brought up already, but I, like many others, believe the new forms are a kind of fusion between Kyurem and Zekrom/Reshiram. The way how these would fuse is obviously still unknown at this point, but I can definitely see them using the same mechanic for when evolving Karrablast and Shelmet. Trading Kyurem with Zekrom/Reshiram to create the new form makes a lot of sense to me. It would definitely go well with these new games, if they are indeed sequels. They could even have you trade your gray dragon from B&W, with the black or white one of the new games, to make some weird kind of time paradox. I mean, why let this newly introduced, very suiting mechanic go unused?

They're not fusions. That much is confirmed in the M15 trailer..

DBK
4th March 2012, 8:53 PM
Rem/Ram and Rem/Rom aren't fusions. That's a fact. Can we not keep discussing that? Thanks.

B/W is the reboot.

On behalf of GF, I would like to formally apologize for BW not catering to your specific needs and wants. We attempt to make the game appealing to as wide an audience as possible......wait a minute.......that means we don't have to apologize. Nevermind.

TWN
4th March 2012, 9:24 PM
B/W is the reboot.
Black and White aren't a reboot... Why do you think that? The games take place in the same universe as all the previous generations.

DBK
4th March 2012, 9:27 PM
Black and White aren't a reboot... Why do you think that? The games take place in the same universe as all the previous generations.

Because GF stated it. BW is a reboot of the franchise.

Beat!
4th March 2012, 9:33 PM

What is a reboot for you?
A game where no Prof. Oak ever existed? No Red? No Team Rocket?
Hey, look at that, none of them appear in BW.

TWN
4th March 2012, 9:36 PM
Because GF stated it. BW is a reboot of the franchise.

All I remember Game Freak saying was that in many ways they were starting anew--likely referring to the fact that the region was far away from the others and that the Unova dex didn't contain any Pokemon from previous generations.

I don't think Game Freak ever said they were reboots of the franchise. How can they be? The games contain characters from past generations. In Undella Town, Cynthia even refers to events that occured in DPPt.

What is a reboot for you?
A game where no Prof. Oak ever existed? No Red? No Team Rocket?
Hey, look at that, none of them appear in BW.
Rebooting is defined as "to discard all previous continuity in a fiction series and start anew." Black and White gives high regard to previous continuity.

Beat!
4th March 2012, 9:45 PM
Rebooting is defined as "to discard all previous continuity in a fiction series and start anew." Black and White gives high regard to previous continuity.

So, the only reason why you don't consider BW a reboot it's because the appearance of Cynthia and other characters?

DBK
4th March 2012, 9:52 PM
All I remember Game Freak saying was that in many ways they were starting anew--likely referring to the fact that the region was far away from the others and that the Unova dex didn't contain any Pokemon from previous generations.

I don't think Game Freak ever said they were reboots of the franchise. How can they be? The games contain characters from past generations. In Undella Town, Cynthia even refers to events that occured in DPPt.

They actually did state that it was a reboot of the franchise. Now they may define what a reboot is differently then you do, but for all intents and purposes, they said it was a reboot and therefore it is.

Blackjack the Titan
4th March 2012, 10:02 PM
They actually did state that it was a reboot of the franchise. Now they may define what a reboot is differently then you do, but for all intents and purposes, they said it was a reboot and therefore it is.

Mhmm! It is a reboot because it has no connection to the past generation, explaining why you can fish for a Dratini in the lake of Dragonspiral Tower, face a Golduck at the Village Bridge, and swarms of Pokemon from past generations.
I guess Looker is a glitch because we're discarding all previous content to start anew so he really shouldn't be there!

Anyway, moving on to the Legendaries,
Have we speculated on how we meet B/W Kyurems?

TWN
4th March 2012, 10:07 PM
So, the only reason why you don't consider BW a reboot it's because the appearance of Cynthia and other characters?
Not just their appearance; they even refer to storylines in past generations. Plus, the formula and artistic style of the games are consistent with past generations. Nothing in the games disregards the previous continuity of the main series, so why would it even warrant the entitlement of "reboot"? Game Freak says that Unova takes place far away from the other regions, no? Why even mention the other regions if they are no longer part of the continuity? Black and White are not a reboot.

In that case, I think what Espeonite was referring to when he said he wishes Pokemon were given a reboot was the actual widely-used definition, not whatever Game Freak meant to say Black/White was.

DBK
5th March 2012, 1:48 AM
Not just their appearance; they even refer to storylines in past generations. Plus, the formula and artistic style of the games are consistent with past generations. Nothing in the games disregards the previous continuity of the main series, so why would it even warrant the entitlement of "reboot"? Game Freak says that Unova takes place far away from the other regions, no? Why even mention the other regions if they are no longer part of the continuity? Black and White are not a reboot.

In that case, I think what Espeonite was referring to when he said he wishes Pokemon were given a reboot was the actual widely-used definition, not whatever Game Freak meant to say Black/White was.

I think it is a reboot in terms of mechanics and graphics.

I can live with your argument, though.

TWN
5th March 2012, 5:07 PM
What is this topic about again? Legendary Pokemon? Um, I think Black Kyurem and White Kyurem are FUSIONS. Trololol. Just kidding. But I do think there will be a fourth version of Kyurem that absorbs from both Reshiram and Zekrom; it would explain the myth in BW1, and it would compel the player to purchase Black/White 1 if they haven't already, in order to transfer the dragon that will bring Kyurem to its ultimate form.

Since original form Kyurem is essentially a "shell" ripped of its energy, I think Kyurems ice represents the parts of it that aren't restored. Which is why the two new Kyurem forms are both half frozen. Therefore, I think an ultimate form would have no ice on its body and would be colored black and white (maybe with a little gray in there too?). As such, I think the typings will be Electicity/Ice for Black Kyurem, Fire/Ice for White Kyurem, and Fire/Electricity for Whole Kyurem.

It would be interesting if Reshiram and Zekrom were each given a "drained" form for when their energy is absorbed from them, similar to Kyurem's original form. I could see them both being Dragon/Ice (or possibly just Dragon) to represent the lack of energy. Any thoughts?

Mudster
5th March 2012, 6:08 PM
What is this topic about again? Legendary Pokemon? Um, I think Black Kyurem and White Kyurem are FUSIONS. Trololol. Just kidding. But I do think there will be a fourth version of Kyurem that absorbs from both Reshiram and Zekrom; it would explain the myth in BW1, and it would compel the player to purchase Black/White 1 if they haven't already, in order to transfer the dragon that will bring Kyurem to its ultimate form.

Since original form Kyurem is essentially a "shell" ripped of its energy, I think Kyurems ice represents the parts of it that aren't restored. Which is why the two new Kyurem forms are both half frozen. Therefore, I think an ultimate form would have no ice on its body and would be colored black and white (maybe with a little gray in there too?). As such, I think the typings will be Electicity/Ice for Black Kyurem, Fire/Ice for White Kyurem, and Fire/Electricity for Whole Kyurem.

It would be interesting if Reshiram and Zekrom were each given a "drained" form for when their energy is absorbed from them, similar to Kyurem's original form. I could see them both being Dragon/Ice (or possibly just Dragon) to represent the lack of energy. Any thoughts?

Nice idea, however I'm not sure I agree with the typing of "whole Kyurem", after all this would completely change its typing from the original, I know Castform has done this but I doubt it for Kyurem. And also I think the dragon typing is too important for Kyurem to lose in either forme. I'm of the opionion that Kyurem could be the original version as it is. Zekrom and Reshiram could just have become 'pure' versions of its alternate forms when a Kyurem was split in two. Either that or that there will be a new original dragon pokémon to be released in the next generation of games, and as Kyurem is described as coming from outer space, it absorbs the genes of Reshiram and Zekrom when it landed on earth.

Still a nice idea though.

ShinyMienshao
5th March 2012, 7:18 PM
Kyurem's (Reshiram Form) has ice burn as it's exclusive attack
Kyurem's (Zekrom Form) has ice shock as it's exlusive attack
and both can have ice freeze as their special move. I know this because I read bulbapedia-bulbgarden.

Mudster
5th March 2012, 8:08 PM
Kyurem's (Reshiram Form) has ice burn as it's exclusive attack
Kyurem's (Zekrom Form) has ice shock as it's exlusive attack
and both can have ice freeze as their special move. I know this because I read bulbapedia-bulbgarden.

Those moves have been known for a long time, so no surprises there. Wouldn't surprise me either if at some point they get released as event pokémon knowing fusion flare and fusion bolt.

Grey Wind
5th March 2012, 8:21 PM

I think it's almost obvious at this point that the two forms are Ice/Electric and Ice/Fire, but I don't see a "whole dragon" form being made. Two forms is enough for him, even if it is a plausible idea, I'd rather we just stayed with the two current forms.

I know this because I read bulbapedia-bulbgarden.
I know this because of common sense.

Apep
5th March 2012, 10:16 PM
I don't think B/W are reboots since they make references to D/P/P.
I am pretty sure B/W just takes place in an area farther from D/P , doesn't mean it is a reboot , just that things are in another area. From what I remember GF said they are just starting somethings over gameplay wise so that it can be easy for new players and a reminder for old players. But that doesn't mean they are restarting the series or storyline.

OT: I personally don't know anything about the REAL story for Rem Rom Rem. I have only beat White once because I wanted to beat it but I am replaying my games because my Diamond was erased.
So I have been replaying Fire red, Emerald, Saphire, and soul silver, gonna transfer them to Diamond and then Copy the data to Pokemon BR and then move over to white....so I have a lot to do.
Can anyone tell me what is with the three dragons?
I knew reshiram and zekrom are rivals , I was told kyurem and the other 2 were once one dragon but Idk. Are the kyurem in B2/W2 Fusions? Adapting a new form?
Is it possible to obtain both forms in both games?
If I trade a kyurem from white to White2 will it change to Whitekyurem or stay the same?
If I trade a whitekyurem to Black2 will it become Blackkyurem?

DBK
5th March 2012, 10:29 PM
I am pretty sure B/W just takes place in an area farther from D/P , doesn't mean it is a reboot , just that things are in another area. From what I remember GF said they are just starting somethings over gameplay wise so that it can be easy for new players and a reminder for old players. But that doesn't mean they are restarting the series or storyline.

OT: I personally don't know anything about the REAL story for Rem Rom Rem. I have only beat White once because I wanted to beat it but I am replaying my games because my Diamond was erased.
So I have been replaying Fire red, Emerald, Saphire, and soul silver, gonna transfer them to Diamond and then Copy the data to Pokemon BR and then move over to white....so I have a lot to do.
I knew reshiram and zekrom are rivals , I was told kyurem and the other 2 were once one dragon but Idk. Are the kyurem in B2/W2 Fusions? Adapting a new form?
If I trade a kyurem from white to White2 will it change to Whitekyurem or stay the same?

Which is what I was trying to say. To GF, it's a reboot. To us it's not.

They were once one dragon. And they are not fusions, simply forms.

Wasarym
5th March 2012, 11:28 PM

Bulbapedia entry for the Unova region. (http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Unova) Jump to the mythology section. This explains the back-story of Reshiram and Zekrom, and also gives all we really know about Kyurem from Black and White (minus the pokedex entries, which simply states that it produces freezing energy that causes itself to freeze).

From what is stated there, nothing relates Kyurem to the other two. But the general consensus is that Kyurem is the shell left behind from the split. The word shell would imply its mindless though. Doesn't quite seem to be the case from the newest trailer (http://www.pokemon-movie.jp/trailer/index.php) (that he's mindless, that is). Still, seems like a pretty likely theory.

Another theory is that Kyurem is still the original dragon, and Reshiram and Zekrom are pure forms of his forms.

And still another theory is that Kyurem is an invader that was attracted to Reshiram and Zekroms power, but it didn't have enough strength to leave the crater it made when it impacted as a meteor without eating a few pokemon. Sometimes it gets to Lacunosa, where maybe it eats someone, but it gets driven back by the residents.
Admittably, I made that last theory myself, mostly because I havn't seen anyone else come up with it, but also because it fits with the Lacunosa legends.

And on an unrelated note, here's a quote from one of the sages.
"A single fallen leaf signals the start of autumn. We know our history. The emergence of this castle is the harbinger of change in Unova..."
EDIT: Think I'll sig this quote.

Moonlight_Tails
6th March 2012, 12:04 AM
The only way I would consider a pokemon game a reboot, is to create 151 new pokemon and not be compatible with any of the past games.

SkyDeity
6th March 2012, 2:20 AM
I wonder what legendary Pokemon would be available from past generations if any at all. Between Platinum and HeartGold/SoulSilver, there really aren't any needed to appear, barring event-exclusive legendaries.

Wasarym
6th March 2012, 3:35 AM
I wonder what legendary Pokemon would be available from past generations if any at all. Between Platinum and HeartGold/SoulSilver, there really aren't any needed to appear, barring event-exclusive legendaries.

There weren't any non-gen 5 legendaries in BW1... that weren't being distributed, anyway. I don't see why they'd need to with BW2. Then again, the game might feel sort of empty. Maybe the event pokemon in BW1 were in reality the non-event pokemon of BW2 (barring Victini, of course).

SkyDeity
6th March 2012, 4:36 AM
There weren't any non-gen 5 legendaries in BW1... that weren't being distributed, anyway. I don't see why they'd need to with BW2. Then again, the game might feel sort of empty. Maybe the event pokemon in BW1 were in reality the non-event pokemon of BW2 (barring Victini, of course).

Good point. I'm merely referencing last generation as a possibility to the inclusion of pre-Gen V legendaries.

VIA
6th March 2012, 4:47 AM
What do you guys think is gonna happen to the musketeer trio. Im afraid of them becoming roamers since nintendo likes to do that with normal trios but then again Im only afraid because they are my favorite Shiny Trio.

R_N
6th March 2012, 4:50 AM

Platinum & HGSS added additional post-game older-gen Legendaries as additional content from DP & GSC. Platinum added in the 3 legendary birds & the golems (sort of), HGSS added the Kanto legendaries (so that there were actual things to do in Kanto) as well as Latias and the weather titans (though only one per game). FRLG got in on the fun, too, by adding the legendary dogs (and events for Lugia, Ho-Oh & Deoxys)
Since BW2 are likely to be some weird amalgamation of sequels and 3rd version, adding additional legends to the post-game wouldn't be too odd.

VIA
6th March 2012, 4:58 AM

Dude stop being a purist. Ive played every Gen and think Black and White are the best so far. If you haven't even bought it don't judge it. It just makes you seem like a jerk who lets nostalgia blind him/her.

EDIT: To speculate Genesect, Meoloetta and Keldeo I noticed that the games are coming out the same month as movie 15. My theory is they're gonna do a D/P/PT on us and make it so those event pokes are only available in B/W 2.

Ltrainer
6th March 2012, 8:43 AM
The games were announced to be released in June. The movie comes out in July like it always does every year.

As for Genesect, Meloetta and Keldeo only being available in B/W 2...ummmm no. The sprites and data for those three are available in B/W so they will be available for the first B/W games.

Metroid
6th March 2012, 10:57 AM
I think we will be able to get genesect in the game

pikadon92
6th March 2012, 2:49 PM
Hey guys, there is an unused item God Stone? Do you think it'll have anything to do with transforming kyurem? I think as a storyline, it'll said not to have any pokemon inside, then later on original kyurem appears out of it. Maybe then it transform with the light/dark stones.

lindsy95
6th March 2012, 3:08 PM
Huh, I'd forgotten about the god stone. It may have something to do with Kyurem.

It could be unused, like the Azure flute, though.

pikadon92
6th March 2012, 3:42 PM
Well, if its localised name isn't going to be changed, I wouldn't find it surprising it it's unused.

Aquanova
6th March 2012, 5:24 PM
The games were announced to be released in June. The movie comes out in July like it always does every year.

As for Genesect, Meloetta and Keldeo only being available in B/W 2...ummmm no. The sprites and data for those three are available in B/W so they will be available for the first B/W games.
Its possible those event Pokemon will be in B2/W2 as well, they could be available for both B/W and B/W2

Charazemma
6th March 2012, 5:37 PM
Its possible those event Pokemon will be in B2/W2 as well, they could be available for both B/W and B/W2

I like that idea, but at the same time I dont see why they included them in the data for BW if they havent released the events yet... unless they become avaliable before the release of BW2 (which I'm guessing that Keldeo and Meloetta will be)... surely making them BW2 exclusive it gives people more incentive to but the new games?

(I really hope that makes sense... long day... apologies)

SkyDeity
6th March 2012, 9:01 PM
I'm positive the event Pokemon will be distributed for both pairs of games. Last generation, for example, the event Pokemon were distributed for every game available at the time of the movie debut.

Lord Of Grapes
6th March 2012, 9:43 PM
Has anybody else noticed how much Kyu/rom's body position is like a Druddigon? and Kyu/ram is like zekrom?

Icy Meteor
6th March 2012, 10:03 PM
Has anybody else noticed how much Kyu/rom's body position is like a Druddigon?

I'd burst out laughing if the Pokémon company was trolling us and Druddigon was the original dragon.

Wasarym
6th March 2012, 10:22 PM
Huh, I'd forgotten about the god stone. It may have something to do with Kyurem.

It could be unused, like the Azure flute, though.

Thing about the azure flute though is that it actually caused something to happen, while the God stone doesn't do anything at all in BW1. Possibly BW2, though.

Excitable Boy
6th March 2012, 11:03 PM

Fail logic. That data is there to allow you to transfer those 'mons from another game, not to guaruntee that you'll be able to capture them.

There are so many places that this idea fails I'm not even going to list them all, but if only Pokemon that are obtainable in a game are programmed into said game, explain to me why RS doesn't crash when I trade over a Bulbasaur.

Hey guys, there is an unused item God Stone? Do you think it'll have anything to do with transforming kyurem? I think as a storyline, it'll said not to have any pokemon inside, then later on original kyurem appears out of it. Maybe then it transform with the light/dark stones.

It may, it may not. It was removed for the international release.

Well, if its localised name isn't going to be changed, I wouldn't find it surprising it it's unused.

There is no localized name. It was removed for the international release.

EeveeTBR
7th March 2012, 7:55 PM
Hope make a past gen event Pokemon catchable without an event like jirachi or deoxys. Or even a event shiny reshiram or zekrom caught In game like shaymin and darkrai

lindsy95
7th March 2012, 10:50 PM
Oh, the god stone isn't in any version out of japan?\

I didn't know that. I really doubt it will be relevant at all, then.

jeffdavid102
8th March 2012, 4:22 AM
Who noticed the moves ice burn and freeze shock. they both have the same stats and everything.both are ice type moves. the only difference is one paralyzes and one burns. Signature moves? think so also because they have a good power of about 130 i think it was

R_N
8th March 2012, 4:25 AM
Who noticed the moves ice burn and freeze shock. they both have the same stats and everything.both are ice type moves. the only difference is one paralyzes and one burns. Signature moves? think so also because they have a good power of about 130 i think it was

We've noticed them since BW came out.
They're 140 power and are Ice typed Sky Attack clones

Locormus
8th March 2012, 5:22 PM

They need a turn to charge? Really? Didn't know that.. :S

Autis-misc
9th March 2012, 4:05 AM

But one freezes and one Burns. If we can get a Poison Ice move, then we would be set.

Astrixx
9th March 2012, 5:16 AM
I dislike the new forms of kyurem but then again im kind of curious to find out what they do and what role they play, also i have a feeling theyre not going to be the only new legendaries

Endolise
9th March 2012, 6:17 AM
I dislike the new forms of kyurem but then again im kind of curious to find out what they do and what role they play, also i have a feeling theyre not going to be the only new legendaries

Kyur@m will most likely be the only case of a "new" legendary; I highly doubt they'll include Keldeo/Meloetta/Genesect in-game and there wasn't any forme coding in Black and White to support new formes for any other legendaries...unless you mean legendaries from previous gens, which is possible.

Blackjack the Titan
9th March 2012, 11:33 PM

If Kyurem wasn't the only new Legendary then Keldeo would probably get a new form like Shaymin in Platinum, but the movie cover for Kyurem VS. The Sacred Swordsman suggests that Keldeo won't have a new forme.

Excitable Boy
10th March 2012, 12:56 AM
If Kyurem wasn't the only new Legendary then Keldeo would probably get a new form like Shaymin in Platinum, but the movie cover for Kyurem VS. The Sacred Swordsman suggests that Keldeo won't have a new forme.

...Would we have really needed ALL of the event legends to have alternate forms?

coolminun
10th March 2012, 1:03 AM
Truth be told, I think kyurem may be a virus like deoxys. It does say that it came from outer space, so maybe it just globs itself in a liquid form to zek/resh and freezes them over taking control. As far as the story goes, I think it'll be like this. You start off in the same way as BW, beat N with your dragon and game is over. After you defeat the elite 4 and adler, you meet with Looker to find the sages. After the final one is found, a broadcast comes up on the tv about strange occurences in lacunosa town, such as the entire town being frozen over. You invest the occurence and adler and cheren come too. You travel to the giant chasm and find an injured Looker. He tells you Ghetsis has returned and wields a powerful pokemon. You run down to engage ghetsis and then, N arrives. You defeat Ghetsis once more and after the battle, Kyurem globs itself onto N's zek/resh and becomes Black/white kyurem.

Icy Meteor
10th March 2012, 1:23 AM
...Would we have really needed ALL of the event legends to have alternate forms?

I don't want anymore alternate forms for Pokémon this gen, if they made more I'd hate Gamefreak a lot. But I'd forgive them if they made Strawberry and Chocolate Vannillite evolution line forms. :3

Blackjack the Titan
10th March 2012, 1:54 AM

Well, I'm not suggesting ALL of them. I was suggesting Keldeo wouldn't have an alternate forme based on what we've seen from the Movie Cover and trailer.

JBiGGiE
10th March 2012, 2:45 AM
I think (assuming we are getting a true sequel) that since canonically N and our Protagonist both have one of the Yin-Yang Twins :P Ghetsis will be the one in control of Kyurem and I'm certain if that being the case probably by force. Or it could be that we find a sort of connection between Ghetsis' cold heart and Kyurem's ice typing (stemming from the theory about Kyurem being left energy-less from the split). And expounding on a previously mentioned theory that Kyurem gains its forms by absorbing the energy of the respective Yin-Yang dragons... I have a feeling that the interrelationship of the Tao trio will require you to in some way sacrifice one of the Yin-Yang dragons. I think two possibilities: 1) with Kyurem and Resh/Zek in your party you trade off Kyurem's B/W form for a permanently fainted Resh/Zek as long as the form is active. Or 2) With both in your party you take them to a location where you trade off Kyurem's form for a statistically weakened Resh/Zek.

Wasarym
10th March 2012, 3:03 AM
Truth be told, I think kyurem may be a virus like deoxys. It does say that it came from outer space, so maybe it just globs itself in a liquid form to zek/resh and freezes them over taking control. As far as the story goes, I think it'll be like this. You start off in the same way as BW, beat N with your dragon and game is over. After you defeat the elite 4 and adler, you meet with Looker to find the sages. After the final one is found, a broadcast comes up on the tv about strange occurences in lacunosa town, such as the entire town being frozen over. You invest the occurence and adler and cheren come too. You travel to the giant chasm and find an injured Looker. He tells you Ghetsis has returned and wields a powerful pokemon. You run down to engage ghetsis and then, N arrives. You defeat Ghetsis once more and after the battle, Kyurem globs itself onto N's zek/resh and becomes Black/white kyurem.

Heres the latest trailer for the 15'th movie (http://www.pokemon-movie.jp/trailer/index.php) (which is also the latest news I've seen even close to BW2 info). If you watch the top trailer, you'll see this image.
This makes it look like Kyurem does not fuse, but he does seem to be absorbing power. Whats being said during this part of the commercial translates to "Possessing the strength of both Reshiram and Zekrom, the strongest dragon Pokemon on earth, name's Kyurem!" (as apparently translated by fellow forum user Hidden Power). This may not mean anything,but it sounds to me like Kyurem might be an extraterrestrial pokemon that was seeking power, and was attracted to the energy of the Tao duo (or maybe the whole, original dragon), being empty, nothing, absolute zero, etc. Of course, according to the pokedex, his body creates some kind of freezing energy, so he will never be thawed (which might be uncomfortable for a dragon type). But that might have more to do with his nature than his ambitions.

He engaged in battle with the other dragon(s), absorbing more and more as the battle went on (which might be why he's gray(kinda dumb, I know). Inevitably though, he loses, as he's just not as strong. Here's what it says in the 4'th floor of the abyssal ruins.
King defeated ③ alone.
④ joined King in a day.
King called ⑤ beings.
King is hope and future.
The great King ⑥.
Perhaps kyurem is what was defeated.

Anyways, being broken, he can't get very far from his crater (which he might need to stay in due to remnants of his meteor), and has to eat other pokemon for enough energy to sustain himself when he leaves. The farthest he usually gets is Lacunosa town, though(being attracted to the energy and warmth of the clustered group), where he terrifies the villagers and eventually gets driven back.
What seems like it might be somewhat related to this is this excerpt from the 2nd floor.
Life is gratitude.
Eating is receiving life.
Good or evil isn't all.
Do not be barbaric.
One must not waste.
All is precious.
Wars create tears.
Shine if agreed.
This would seem to contradict the earlier claim I made using Abyssal ruins text, as it seems to be somewhat justifying Kyurem's eating habits (or not, but perhaps Kyurem isn't wasteful).

Anyways, Kyurem would have rather gotten both the dragons, but seeing as one of them is possibly no longer on the continent, he can only get the energies of one. This would cause him to want to leave the region and find the other dragon. Outside or inside of a pokeball, Kyurem would find the other dragon, because your player will probably find N in BW2 anyway.

And lastly, a disclaimer. I don't mean to present anything I wasn't quoting, referencing, sharing as fact. It's just an alternate theory I've been pushing that utilizes what is really known, along with the nature of cold and vacuums (nature abhors one). Not that I have anything against the shell theory, as that's cool too. As for whether this has any merit, we'll just wait and see.
EDIT: Sorry about double post, copy should be deleted.

ur2ez4me2bro
10th March 2012, 9:02 PM
Are those legendaries Kyreum's new forms or Reshiram/Zekrom's new forms? OR are they fusions?

Shneak
10th March 2012, 9:04 PM
Are those legendaries Kyreum's new forms or Reshiram/Zekrom's new forms? OR are they fusions?

New formes.

Pokemon Power
11th March 2012, 12:58 AM
I think they should have Lugia roaming around Unova post-game in Black 2, and Ho-oh in White 2. Plus, the lake trio hiding around.

R_N
11th March 2012, 1:07 AM
I think they should have Lugia roaming around Unova post-game in Black 2, and Ho-oh in White 2. Plus, the lake trio hiding around.

I don't see either of the birds just roaming around.
Pixies are slightly more possible, but I'm not sure they'd leave sinnoh; they have actual reason to be there unlike the bird trio or the lati@s. Well, unless Dialga & Palkia are in, too.

I could probably see Cresselia wandering around if they add a Darkrai event, maybe?

Blackjack the Titan
11th March 2012, 1:19 AM
Maybe just Tornadus and Thundurus of the Cloud Trio roaming around and not Version Exclusives anymore, then we can battle Landorus. Or we experience the fight amongst the trio like in the anime, but instead of Team Rocket, it's Team Plasma.
Or better, Team Plasma captures the Cloud Trio and uses them to create the updraft that causes Kyurem and Reshiram/Zekrom to be pulled up into the air, where Kyurem absorbs their energy and power and morphs into Black Kyurem/White Kyurem.

But that's just me.

Skyhi101
11th March 2012, 1:26 AM
If Pokemon fusions are introduced like some people are speculating things could get really interesting especially with the legendaries

DBK
11th March 2012, 1:32 AM
If Pokemon fusions are introduced like some people are speculating things could get really interesting especially with the legendaries

There aren't going to be fusions.

Move along, people, nothing to see here.

ur2ez4me2bro
11th March 2012, 3:36 AM
New formes.

Reshiram's/Zekrom's or Kyerom's?

Wulava
11th March 2012, 3:43 AM
Reshiram's/Zekrom's or Kyerom's?

Black "Kyurem" and White "Kyurem" are Kyurem's new formes.

Ansem1013
11th March 2012, 4:45 AM
There aren't going to be fusions.

Move along, people, nothing to see here.

I wish this didn't need to be said at this point...

Zachmac
11th March 2012, 6:26 AM
This makes it look like Kyurem does not fuse, but he does seem to be absorbing power. Whats being said during this part of the commercial translates to "Possessing the strength of both Reshiram and Zekrom, the strongest dragon Pokemon on earth, name's Kyurem!" (as apparently translated by fellow forum user Hidden Power). This may not mean anything,but it sounds to me like Kyurem might be an extraterrestrial pokemon that was seeking power, and was attracted to the energy of the Tao duo (or maybe the whole, original dragon), being empty, nothing, absolute zero, etc. Of course, according to the pokedex, his body creates some kind of freezing energy, so he will never be thawed (which might be uncomfortable for a dragon type). But that might have more to do with his nature than his ambitions.
No, it looked like it was a picture of the three of them. I don't think it was absorbing power just because it was in the middle.

Remember how Reshiram and Zekrom were originally the same pokemon? Now, Kyurem apparently has the power of both Reshiram and Zekrom. Am I the only one who thinks that Kyurem is just what's left of the dragon the split into B/W's mascots? Besides, Kyurem's body has always been known to look broken, but when it gos into black or white form, it doesn't.

DBK
11th March 2012, 7:24 AM
No, it looked like it was a picture of the three of them. I don't think it was absorbing power just because it was in the middle.

Remember how Reshiram and Zekrom were originally the same pokemon? Now, Kyurem apparently has the power of both Reshiram and Zekrom. Am I the only one who thinks that Kyurem is just what's left of the dragon the split into B/W's mascots? Besides, Kyurem's body has always been known to look broken, but when it gos into black or white form, it doesn't.

If you watch the trailer, it actually show it absorbing something from them (it's not just sitting there).

Grei
11th March 2012, 9:30 AM
What trailer are you referring to?

Janovy
11th March 2012, 9:39 AM
What trailer are you referring to?
The extended trailer for the Kyurem VS Keldeo movie.

Grei
11th March 2012, 10:29 AM
The extended trailer for the Kyurem VS Keldeo movie.

I was looking moreso for a link, but thanks.

So, anyone else hoping that Challenger's Cave is used for some Legendary in-game event in BW2? It seemed like there were some hints towards something like that in BW, and the cave is a waste as it is.

DanteKoriyu
11th March 2012, 10:43 AM
I was looking moreso for a link, but thanks.http://www.pokemon-movie.jp/swf/player/trailer120301_yokoku1.html

May not be 3 sentences, but I have nothing else to say until CoroCoro reveals leak.

Mister_SGG
11th March 2012, 3:55 PM
So, I've been thinking about what Kyurem's formes' stats will be like. What I had in mind was that they'd have a relatively low BST, somewhere around 600. Black Kyurem would have good physical stats, but his special stats would be a little mediocre, and vice versa for White Kyurem.

Then, if Game Freak goes with the idea of making the "original dragon" it would have very good stats, with a BST of at least 700 and all around good stats, with a bit of emphasis on offensive stats.

gbanshee
11th March 2012, 7:05 PM
http://cdn.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/2/23/N_Cube.jpg

This is concept art of N's cube that he's carrying around. According to bulbapedia, the notes indicate that the puzzle cube will be important to the plot and may be a key to something (and this something is implied to be a pokemon)

Don't you think this is really interesting and may hint at something in BW2?

TWN
11th March 2012, 7:29 PM
So, I've been thinking about what Kyurem's formes' stats will be like. What I had in mind was that they'd have a relatively low BST, somewhere around 600. Black Kyurem would have good physical stats, but his special stats would be a little mediocre, and vice versa for White Kyurem.

Then, if Game Freak goes with the idea of making the "original dragon" it would have very good stats, with a BST of at least 700 and all around good stats, with a bit of emphasis on offensive stats.

Note that Kyurem's BW1 form has 660; it would be illogical to think the Black and White Forms would be any less than that. Going by the trend, the version mascots would be 680, but Game Freak may easily deviate from the trend since these Pokemon are implied to be more powerful than Reshiram and Zekrom. But they won't go lower than 680.

I'm guessing the Whole Form would have 720, like Arceus.

Mister_SGG
11th March 2012, 8:29 PM
Note that Kyurem's BW1 form has 660; it would be illogical to think the Black and White Forms would be any less than that. Going by the trend, the version mascots would be 680, but Game Freak may easily deviate from the trend since these Pokemon are implied to be more powerful than Reshiram and Zekrom. But they won't go lower than 680.

I'm guessing the Whole Form would have 720, like Arceus.

I apologize for that, I had forgotten Kyurem's BST. However, the reason I suggested such a low number was because Black Kyurem and White Kyurem are still a split up version of the original dragon so they won't be that strong, will they? Certainly higher than normal Kyurem and on par with Zekrom and Reshiram, but only a little higher, if at all.

Torpoleon
11th March 2012, 8:53 PM
I was looking moreso for a link, but thanks.

So, anyone else hoping that Challenger's Cave is used for some Legendary in-game event in BW2? It seemed like there were some hints towards something like that in BW, and the cave is a waste as it is.Maybe they could put Terrakion there instead of at Victory Road. I did think it was kind of weird that there was really nothing special about Challenger's Cave besides several strong trainers. If they decide to change up the gym leaders like with Emerald, maybe Alder, Drayden, or whatever, could be there? By the way, didn't a trainer in the cave talk about a Legendary Pokémon once residing there?

Speaking of the other Legendary Pokémon, anyone else think the game you can find Tornadus & Thundurus in would be switched, like Reshiram & Zekrom (or rather White Kyurem & Black Kyurem)? Then you'd have Tornadus in White 2 and Thundurus in Black 2.

Beck
11th March 2012, 9:12 PM
Maybe they could put Terrakion there instead of at Victory Road. I did think it was kind of weird that there was really nothing special about Challenger's Cave besides several strong trainers. If they decide to change up the gym leaders like with Emerald, maybe Alder, Drayden, or whatever, could be there? By the way, didn't a trainer in the cave talk about a Legendary Pokémon once residing there?

Speaking of the other Legendary Pokémon, anyone else think the game you can find Tornadus & Thundurus in would be switched, like Reshiram & Zekrom (or rather White Kyurem & Black Kyurem)? Then you'd have Tornadus in White 2 and Thundurus in Black 2.

I would imagine it would be the opposite for most if not all version exclusives, because it is probably encouraged that those who played through White (1) should play through White 2. Because of this, the capability to catch the Pokemon in-game that you could not previously catch (due to the version differences) can serve as a hook to continue your journey, and guarantee some form of purchase. But then again, just an assumption.

Grei
11th March 2012, 9:22 PM
Maybe they could put Terrakion there instead of at Victory Road. I did think it was kind of weird that there was really nothing special about Challenger's Cave besides several strong trainers. If they decide to change up the gym leaders like with Emerald, maybe Alder, Drayden, or whatever, could be there? By the way, didn't a trainer in the cave talk about a Legendary Pokémon once residing there?

Indeed, they did. Challenger's Cave was referenced as a place where a Legendary Pokemon resided. According to the trainer, it was training a student Pokemon, which sounds an awful lot like Keldeo. Perhaps Cobalion (or Terrakion) would be found there, or they'd appear there or something.

I wouldn't be surprised, honestly. I hope version exclusives remain the same, though.

Mister_SGG
11th March 2012, 10:00 PM

I agree. A legendary in Victory Road is just... weird. Terrakion would fit much better in Challenger's Cave. Then all the trainers could be attempting to capture it and you need to fight them for your chance to do so.

varanus_komodoensis
11th March 2012, 10:19 PM
i saw the pics those look TOTALLY fake. I highly doubt that there will be a reshiram-kyurem and a zekrom-kyurem. Besides, they look kinda stupid IMO, even if they are real.

It actually makes perfect sense that the two are blended, as part of the story in Black and White is that there were two brothers, one pursuing Truth and the other pursuing Justice. The Dragon Pokemon whose help both desired split in two, creating Reshiram and Zekrom, and Kyurem was the leftover shell of the original dragon. That (I believe) is why he looks so derpy - because he is meant to be a leftover carcass of what was once a great dragon. It makes perfect sense, therefore, that in the sequel to Black and White, Kyurem would be reunited with Zekrom and Reshiram - although why only one blends with him is beyond me.

Also, and this may be old news, but I was unaware of it - Bulbapedia says that N's name was revealed to be "Natural Harmonia Gropius". O.o

EDIT:

Someone who agrees with me! Hurrah!

Mister_SGG
11th March 2012, 10:20 PM
It actually makes perfect sense that the two are blended, as part of the story in Black and White is that there were two brothers, one pursuing Truth and the other pursuing Justice. The Dragon Pokemon whose help both desired split in two, creating Reshiram and Zekrom, and Kyurem was the leftover shell of the original dragon. That (I believe) is why he looks so derpy - because he is meant to be a leftover carcass of what was once a great dragon. It makes perfect sense, therefore, that in the sequel to Black and White, Kyurem would be reunited with Zekrom and Reshiram - although why only one blends with him is beyond me.

What, have you been living under a rock?

varanus_komodoensis
11th March 2012, 10:38 PM
What, have you been living under a rock?

What you quoted was a response to a previous post, explaining why Kyurem-Zekrom and Kyurem-Reshiram are not fake, which proves that I am aware of the recent developments in B/W, and most certainly have not been living under a rock. I can only assume that you meant to quote my statement that I didn't know about N's real name, and if that offends you, I am terribly sorry, but I have a job and social life that prevent me from following Pokemon updates 24/7. That is one of the reasons why I am a member of this forum, because I not only enjoy the company of others who have my unusual interest, but also because I get most of my updates from here.

DBK
11th March 2012, 10:54 PM
I agree. A legendary in Victory Road is just... weird. Terrakion would fit much better in Challenger's Cave. Then all the trainers could be attempting to capture it and you need to fight them for your chance to do so.

Moltres wants a word with you.

Torpoleon
11th March 2012, 11:26 PM
Moltres wants a word with you.Doesn't mean it can't be weird and they did change that in Generation III and put it at Mt. Ember.

Hexin' Wishes
12th March 2012, 5:32 AM
^It wasn't weird at all though...

Anyways, I agree with Beck that it'd be a good idea to switch the version exclusives for the sequel. However, storywise, that wouldn't exactly make that much sense because how would they explain where the original exclusives go? Though, the Legendaries would be a better idea. I do hope they add in more legendaries instead of claiming those three things weren't caught before.

DBK
12th March 2012, 5:36 AM
Doesn't mean it can't be weird and they did change that in Generation III and put it at Mt. Ember.
Now THAT was weird.

In all honesty, seeing how grand Victory road is, it would be weird not to have a legendary there.

Hexin' Wishes
12th March 2012, 5:38 AM
Now THAT was weird.

I thought I was the only one who thought that too!

R_N
12th March 2012, 7:35 AM
One touch I liked about Moltres moving in the remakes was that the place where it was in Victory road had scorch marks.

Moonlight_Tails
12th March 2012, 7:44 AM
hearing stuff like this makes me ask myself, "Why in the heck did I quit playing?" Missed Emerald and FR/LG

Lucario At Service
12th March 2012, 1:59 PM
Is it just me or the White & Black Kyurem look a bit different in the scan below.

http://images.serebii.net/corocoro3122big.jpg

It seems that the transparent spikes that Kyurem has on its body can actually extend and connect to the generators on its tail.

moa
12th March 2012, 2:58 PM
Is it just me or the White & Black Kyurem look a bit different in the scan below.

It seems that the transparent spikes that Kyurem has on its body can actually extend and connect to the generators on its tail.

i think its the energy flowing from the tail into the body, it looks like this http://www.crystalinks.com/earthsmagneticfield.html
and this http://www.crystalinks.com/earthmagnetics1208.jpg

mitchman_93
12th March 2012, 3:02 PM
Yep, almost like wires outputting energy. Always though those bulbs were fishy, its great they gave em a use.

moa
12th March 2012, 4:06 PM
the energy lines connect the tail into the remains of kyurem wings, the designs just got even better

TsukiMirage
12th March 2012, 4:45 PM
Yeah, I don't know why, but those tubes make the designs even better for me.

Mudster
12th March 2012, 5:03 PM
Kyurem has gone up a lot in my books now, especially with the new look at the new formes. I reckon they'll inherit Reshiram & Zekrom's abilities as well instead of just having pressure.

voicerocker
12th March 2012, 7:18 PM
A lot of the theories I've read here are very good. I just thought I'd share my thoughts on the new games and formes after reading through this whole thread!

I really like the concept of the "Original Dragon", but I don't we'll ever see that dragon because I don't think it really existed in the Pokemon universe. Legendary Pokemon carry different rumors and legends with them, like Arceus's "1000 arms that created the universe". It's what makes them different from your regular every-day Pokemon in that no one is 100% sure where they came from or how they came to be so powerful. I think if GF had intended for there to be an "Original Dragon", we would have gotten Pokemon Gray instead of Black 2 and White 2. The "Original Dragon" is probably just a legend of Unova that helps explain what the battle between the hero and N represents.

Looking at Kyurem's new formes, some people say that they look incomplete, I think it's actually the opposite. If you notice the differences in the tails of each of the 3 dragons, Reshiram's looks like a jet, Zekrom's looks like a generator, but Kyurem's looks empty, like it's lacking an energy source. With its new forms, it gains either a generator or jet engine tail, which to me makes it look more complete, as it now has a source of energy of its own. Kyurem more than likely isn't part of a more powerful dragon, it's just somehow able to tap into either Reshiram's or Zekrom's power.

I saw that someone suggested that this would be the introduction of a third type for Pokemon, like Dragon/Ice/Fire or Electric for Kyurem. I don't think so, that would really make battles difficult because many Pokemon from the previous generations would have to be re-typed as well, such as Charizard possibly becoming Dragon, Flygon becoming a Flying type, and many others. A third type would completely change how Pokemon battles work. I think its type won't change, considering that Freeze Shock and Ice Burn are Ice-Type moves. I think it will get a new hold item that boosts either Fire or Electric type moves, similar to the Orbs of the 3 Dragons from the 4th Gen games.

Also, addressing the "separate Pokemon" statement, I think Kyurem will simply appear to you in the cover forme of the game it's in, and that's how it will stay, meaning you can't change its forme. That seems to fit the "separate Pokemon" theory best. Which would also explain why there are 2 formes available this time and why they are the mascots of the new games. (Which also disproves the "Original Dragon" forme idea.)

Now I could be completely wrong on every topic I covered, but regardless of what of these ideas turn out to be true, I love the concept of the new games and Kyurem's new formes! I just wish people won't complain about everything GF does. People have said since the 3rd Gen that Pokemon has gotten dull. Now, instead of the typical 3rd version most of us expected, we get a dual sequel with 2 new formes of a Pokemon instead of 1: in other words, something they've NEVER done before! This proves that Pokemon CAN be unpredictable and that GF's creativity is still going strong!

Lorde
12th March 2012, 9:14 PM
So apparently the event Keldeo will unlock something in the new games. I personally hope that whatever it unlocks is inside Challenger's Cave; according to some legend, there was a Legendary Pokemon inside the cave at some point, and it was training its student. I've always thought that the legend was referring to one of the Musketeer Pokemon and Keldeo since Keldeo is based on d'Artagnan from The Three Musketeers and in the story d'Artagnan is the youngest addition to the group. and could be seen as a student of sorts.

Mister_SGG
12th March 2012, 9:43 PM
Now THAT was weird.

In all honesty, seeing how grand Victory road is, it would be weird not to have a legendary there.

I just feel that Victory Road isn't there to house a legendary, it's there to provide an obstacle towards the Pokemon League. Nothing more, nothing less.

LightSuicune
13th March 2012, 1:02 AM
I really <3 White Kyurem. Its one of my new favorites. Probably cause Reshiram is also. :P

rocky505
13th March 2012, 1:35 AM
So apparently the event Keldeo will unlock something in the new games. I personally hope that whatever it unlocks is inside Challenger's Cave; according to some legend, there was a Legendary Pokemon inside the cave at some point, and it was training its student. I've always thought that the legend was referring to one of the Musketeer Pokemon and Keldeo since Keldeo is based on d'Artagnan from The Three Musketeers and in the story d'Artagnan is the youngest addition to the group. and could be seen as a student of sorts.
Most likely cobalion since he is the leader.

Wasarym
13th March 2012, 2:10 AM
I just feel that Victory Road isn't there to house a legendary, it's there to provide an obstacle towards the Pokemon League. Nothing more, nothing less.

I wasn't really impressed with BW's victory road. I don't even know why, maybe it was the music. Maybe it just wasn't oppressive enough, like the earlier ones. No sign of relief 'till you see the light coming out of the exit.

Also, does anyone else think that BW's Victory Road might be a big Durant hill? Over time it came to be populated by other more vicious pokemon (Hydreigon, even though you find Deino), along with pokemon that want to make themselves stronger (Mienfoo, Terrakion). Heatmoor isn't allowed inside, and Boldore probably simply lives in caves.

Shneak
13th March 2012, 2:58 AM
Box Art looks awesome. Glad it's not the standard Sugimori art for Black and White Kyurem.

DBK
13th March 2012, 3:00 AM

And battling and catching a legendary is a great challenge/test. Catching one of the ultimate pokemon on the ultimate road. It doesn't get any better than that.

TWN
13th March 2012, 3:13 AM
The only reason I could see Victory Road being an odd place for a legendary is because most legendary Pokemon have a specific dungeon dedicated solely to them. Seafoam Islands were dedicated solely for finding Articuno and Power Plant was dedicated solely to finding Zapdos, but Moltres was randomly hidden inside a dungeon that primarily served another purpose. I think there was a similar situation in Generation V with the musketeers. I didn't mind it, but I see why others may have disliked it. Personally, I like multipurpose dungeons; it makes them much more interesting.

DBK
13th March 2012, 3:16 AM
The only reason I could see Victory Road being an odd place for a legendary is because most legendary Pokemon have a specific dungeon dedicated solely to them. Seafoam Islands were dedicated solely for finding Articuno and Power Plant was dedicated solely to finding Zapdos, but Moltres was randomly hidden inside a dungeon that primarily served another purpose. I think there was a similar situation in Generation V with the musketeers. I didn't mind it, but I see why others may have disliked it. Personally, I like multipurpose dungeons; it makes them much more interesting.

Well Terrakion is the strongest of the three Muskadeers, and you have to be the strongest to get through Victory Road, so it kind of made sense. I just wish it was a little more difficult to find (like Moltres was).

pela
13th March 2012, 4:28 AM
Well Terrakion is the strongest of the three Muskadeers, and you have to be the strongest to get through Victory Road, so it kind of made sense. I just wish it was a little more difficult to find (like Moltres was).

Finding Virizion was ridiculously easy too. They should definitely do something about that in my opinion, the Volcarona dungeon was great though.

Ansem1013
13th March 2012, 4:32 AM
I wasn't really impressed with BW's victory road. I don't even know why, maybe it was the music. Maybe it just wasn't oppressive enough, like the earlier ones. No sign of relief 'till you see the light coming out of the exit.

Also, does anyone else think that BW's Victory Road might be a big Durant hill? Over time it came to be populated by other more vicious pokemon (Hydreigon, even though you find Deino), along with pokemon that want to make themselves stronger (Mienfoo, Terrakion). Heatmoor isn't allowed inside, and Boldore probably simply lives in caves.

O__O

mind=blown

Grei
13th March 2012, 5:35 AM

I thought this was common knowledge...? Like, I could have sworn that this was said in-game.

Mighty Arceus493
13th March 2012, 1:14 PM
I hope that Cobalion, Terrakion and Virizion can actually be more involved in the plot because in B/W, it was just a matter of finding them (After you beat the league) without anyone in game really caring.

rocky505
13th March 2012, 1:23 PM
I hope that Cobalion, Terrakion and Virizion can actually be more involved in the plot because in B/W, it was just a matter of finding them (After you beat the league) without anyone in game really caring. You could battle them before the league. There were some old men that talked about them and told their story. There's not much left they can do besides a new Keldeo event in BW2.

EDIT: Here is some semi New pictures.

http://i1247.photobucket.com/albums/gg638/adyniz_bmgf/WhiteKyurem.jpg
http://i1247.photobucket.com/albums/gg638/adyniz_bmgf/BlackKyurem.png

Couldn't just put IMG tags around them sorry.

Mister_SGG
13th March 2012, 6:49 PM
As was revealed yesterday, Black 2 and White 2 are not third versions, they are sequels. So this lets us speculate a little more accurately.

Box Art looks awesome. Glad it's not the standard Sugimori art for Black and White Kyurem.

I just saw it, it looks BAD. ***.

The only one who was at all well placed was Cobalion. The other two you'll likely just stumble upon randomly.

I thought this was common knowledge...? Like, I could have sworn that this was said in-game.

I don't recall seeing it anywhere in-game. I might've just missed the right guy, though.

NeohopeSTF
14th March 2012, 3:13 AM
I hope Genesect has more back story maybe a mention of the Original one (before Team Plasma modified it).

Ansem1013
14th March 2012, 3:35 AM
I hope Genesect has more back story maybe a mention of the Original one (before Team Plasma modified it).

It'd be cool if they released the original version as a fossil pokemon in a later gen

You could battle them before the league. There were some old men that talked about them and told their story. There's not much left they can do besides a new Keldeo event in BW2.

EDIT: Here is some semi New pictures.

http://i1247.photobucket.com/albums/gg638/adyniz_bmgf/WhiteKyurem.jpg
http://i1247.photobucket.com/albums/gg638/adyniz_bmgf/BlackKyurem.png

Couldn't just put IMG tags around them sorry.

It is now undeniable that Black Kyurem is cooler than White Kyurem

Mister_SGG
14th March 2012, 2:03 PM

I actually completely forgot who Genesect was and had to go look him up. That's how much he needs a back story.

rocky505
14th March 2012, 3:07 PM
It is now undeniable that Black Kyurem is cooler than White Kyurem But you don't speak for everyone. I like both of them but I like White Kyurem's look in the cover art.

Seraphen
14th March 2012, 8:47 PM
Anyone noticed how a bit of White Kyurem's "chesthair" is missing on the boxart version?

rocky505
14th March 2012, 8:58 PM
Anyone noticed how a bit of White Kyurem's "chesthair" is missing on the boxart version? No it's not. It's there still.

Mister_SGG
14th March 2012, 10:17 PM
Anyone noticed how a bit of White Kyurem's "chesthair" is missing on the boxart version?

I see nothing missing.

GregoryZoroark
15th March 2012, 3:06 AM
You know what I think would be cool? If with the Black/White Kyruem thing, you caught Kyruem, and it learns a move when you catch it(or you get an item, like the Grisceous Orb) that transforms it into the version-exclusive legendary. Like with the moves( I AM THINKING THAT MAYBE THERE BASED OFF OF A MIX BETWEEN RESHIRAM AND ZEKROM), White Kyruem: Blaze Transformation, or Black Kyruem:Electrical Change. Or if with items, White Kyruem: BurnEd Dragonscale, Black Kyruem: Electrified Dragonscale! SO please tell me what you think.

Umm... Have you ever played Any of the originals, because one of the legendary birds(MOLTRES to be exact) was found on victory road.

DBK
15th March 2012, 3:47 AM
You know what I think would be cool? If with the Black/White Kyruem thing, you caught Kyruem, and it learns a move when you catch it(or you get an item, like the Grisceous Orb) that transforms it into the version-exclusive legendary. Like with the moves( I AM THINKING THAT MAYBE THERE BASED OFF OF A MIX BETWEEN RESHIRAM AND ZEKROM), White Kyruem: Blaze Transformation, or Black Kyruem:Electrical Change. Or if with items, White Kyruem: BurnEd Dragonscale, Black Kyruem: Electrified Dragonscale! SO please tell me what you think.

Umm... Have you ever played Any of the originals, because one of the legendary birds(MOLTRES to be exact) was found on victory road.

We know it draws energy somehow from Ram/Rom to transform, so that theory is DOA. If anything, the stones will play an important role.

I already brought up Moltres and he had made a decent point about it (even though we didn't agree). Please read the conversation in it's entirety before you join in.

Wasarym
15th March 2012, 4:36 AM

I'm curious, what do you think of the energy wires coming out of Kyurems shoulder sockets into the Reshiram/Zekrom tail? And also how Black Kyurem's Zekrom tail is no longer a perfect cone?

EDIT: What the heck, what about black Kyurems glowing bicep and tricep (singular, because there is only one arm like that).

Ansem1013
15th March 2012, 4:57 AM
I'm curious, what do you think of the energy wires coming out of Kyurems shoulder sockets into the Reshiram/Zekrom tail? And also how Black Kyurem's Zekrom tail is no longer a perfect cone?

EDIT: What the heck, what about black Kyurems glowing bicep and tricep (singular, because there is only one arm like that).

I'm thinking the energy wires are just the energy flowing from the tail into the dragon. Mostly just aesthetic. I don't get what you mean by Black Kyurem's tail no longer being perfect though.

and I think the glowing bicep is also aesthetic. It would be part of the new Kyurems having the appearance of composite beasts. One arm is presumably a scrawny "Kyurem" arm and the other is a buff "Zekrom" arm

NeohopeSTF
15th March 2012, 5:17 AM
I wonder what Keldeo will unlock in B/W2

R_N
15th March 2012, 6:13 AM

Maybe another backstory event? Either for Keldeo himself (shoot they may just be talking about the Secret Sword event in BW2) or the quartet as a whole.

Morty05
15th March 2012, 6:32 AM
k I don't know how noone mentioned this but I believe since we know Kyurem's fusion form we can say that white Kyurem will have ice burn and black Kyurem will have freeze shock.

Mister_SGG
15th March 2012, 2:10 PM

I expect it'll be we get sent back in time to the origin of the Muskedeer story, when the forest caught fire and the Muskedeers saved all the Pokemon.

Poke_Mania97
15th March 2012, 6:21 PM
Box arts look amazing :D i think both formes look really cool and i cant wait for them. I really hope these games come in early october, cause then I can play it on my school trip to Munich :D

I really wonder how the formes work out. I think there needs to be a cool cutscene to show Kyurem changing formes.

DBK
15th March 2012, 7:36 PM
k I don't know how noone mentioned this but I believe since we know Kyurem's fusion form we can say that white Kyurem will have ice burn and black Kyurem will have freeze shock.

They are not fusions.

/discussion

Yes, RemRam will have Ice Burn and RemRom will have Freeze Shock. That's pretty obvious.

Poke_Mania97
15th March 2012, 7:46 PM
I think both will maintain the Ice/Dragon typing but will have an ability different to pressure, and I hope different to Ram/rom's abilities. Maybe it being able to get STAB off or fire/electric moves?

I mean White kyurem for instance must have some fire type moves that it learns in its moveset right? Well we cant be sure but I imagine it will.

Ansem1013
15th March 2012, 8:42 PM
perhaps it will unlock access to the muskedeers similar to the regigigas in gen 4 that gave you access to the other regis?

I believe they have been mentioned at some point, don't know any specific posts though

Those moves lead to the expectation that the Kyurem forms will probably be the same typing as regular Kyurem (I know this was mentioned earlier, just don't know where :()

LightSuicune
15th March 2012, 9:21 PM
On the boxart of the games those ice sickles that you can see on the wings of the dragons, in overdrive mode they connect to their tails, and light up blue and red on the respective dragon.
http://www.serebii.net/black2white2/

DBK
15th March 2012, 9:23 PM
On the boxart of the games those ice sickles that you can see on the wings of the dragons, in overdrive mode they connect to their tails, and light up blue and red on the respective dragon.
http://www.serebii.net/black2white2/

.......Quiet you.

And I just said that. -_-

Blackjack the Titan
15th March 2012, 9:31 PM
.......Quiet you.

And I just said that. -_-

I don't think anyone had to even say that (besides just for confirmation), 'cause it looked pretty obvious that that's what was happening.

I'm still waiting for confirmation of Kyurem's type. All of these "RemRam is gonna be Ice/Fire" and "RemRom is gonna be Ice/Electric" are good speculation, but it swaying me to think (50/50, of course) that Kyurem's new forme will have a different typing.

rocky505
15th March 2012, 9:52 PM
I'm pretty sure it will stay Ice/Dragon. The Freeze Shock and Ice Burn moves are ice type moves(Ice type). Also Kyurem and Rehsiram/Zekrom are dragon types. 2 dragons are superior to one Fire or electric. I know it's a funny way that I see it.

Wasarym
15th March 2012, 9:57 PM
perhaps it will unlock access to the muskedeers similar to the regigigas in gen 4 that gave you access to the other regis?
Good idea. Where do you think we'd find them though? Would they be in the same relative (as some time will probably have passed) location as in BW1? Or perhaps Challengers cave will be expanded, and they'll all be found in there.
Oh! I just had an idea as I was typing that sentence. Maybe the mining in twist mountain will cause an underground cave system to be discovered, and this will cause all all the caves to be linked in some way. I'd imagine you'd need all the HM's to get through, of course (also, new HM's. Gonna' be bringing this over to the gameplay thread). If they did this, it would probably relate to Kyurem in some way, as it would probably link to the giant chasm. Kyurem would be using it as a highway to get out of the Giant Chasm and around Unova, and places would be freezing from the ground up. Eventually you'll be able to go down there where Kyurem is going to be for story purposes. Maybe in Black 2 it's deep beneath Chargestone cave, but there will also be a new cave called Flarestone for White 2. The evil Team (might not be plasma, might be, we don't know (Team Cold Fusion) will be in your way either way, of course.

Just went off on a rant there. Anyways...

I believe they have been mentioned at some point, don't know any specific posts though

Those moves lead to the expectation that the Kyurem forms will probably be the same typing as regular Kyurem (I know this was mentioned earlier, just don't know where :()

I was about to say that Kyurem could know both those moves, using them to switch between forms during the charge-up turn (that these status inducing sky attack clones have), and that Kyurem might have an ability that makes it immune to damage (but not status) during charge time (but not recharge, like with hyper beam). I thought this because it would be weird for Gamefreak to make this new method of form change that Meloetta has and only use it once.

Then I realized that no pokemon have ever changed forms the same way (closest is cherubim and castform, but even that's iffy).

Primal Crusader V
15th March 2012, 10:04 PM
I'm pretty sure it will stay Ice/Dragon. The Freeze Shock and Ice Burn moves are ice type moves(Ice type). Also Kyurem and Rehsiram/Zekrom are dragon types. 2 dragons are superior to one Fire or electric. I know it's a funny way that I see it.

Oh crap. What about "Frozen World"?. If we've already covered that then forgive me, I didn't put much attention into this thread.

I'm just waiting for Genesect....

rocky505
15th March 2012, 10:05 PM
Oh crap. What about "Frozen World"?. If we've already covered that then forgive me, I didn't put much attention into this thread.

I'm just waiting for Genesect....
You Mean Glaciate?

Mister_SGG
15th March 2012, 10:18 PM

The Muskedeers are already obtainable another way, the Regis were not. Therefore it would be kind of redundant.

GregoryZoroark
15th March 2012, 10:59 PM
Why is everyone talking about Genesect and Keldeo already, I mean, Genesect hasn't even had an event date yet, and Keldeo's was just announced not to long ago!

rocky505
15th March 2012, 11:07 PM
Why is everyone talking about Genesect and Keldeo already, I mean, Genesect hasn't even had an event date yet, and Keldeo's was just announced not to long ago! Keldeo has a special event in BW2. This is the Legendary Pokemon thread we can talk about whatever Unova legend we want.

TWN
15th March 2012, 11:47 PM
I don't think anyone had to even say that (besides just for confirmation), 'cause it looked pretty obvious that that's what was happening.

I'm still waiting for confirmation of Kyurem's type. All of these "RemRam is gonna be Ice/Fire" and "RemRom is gonna be Ice/Electric" are good speculation, but it swaying me to think (50/50, of course) that Kyurem's new forme will have a different typing.

After seeing all the focus the box art gives to fire and electricity, I will be very surprised if the types aren't Fire/Ice and Electric/Ice.

sunyshore.com
16th March 2012, 2:22 AM
i cannot say what types they will end up being, but i have this to point out to anyone who assumes both formes will remain ice/dragon:

1) they are still hiding the types of the dragons from us. revealing details very slowly at a time -- here's the legends for the games. oh, here is their names now. oh, here is their "overdrive" forms. you can see these systematic information updates on the game's main page. next info will be?

2) they are each the separate mascot of two separate new games. it's implausible that both game mascots would be the same type combo.

3) i believe -- correct me if i am wrong -- out of all the pokemon that have a true forme change, only one does not change types... giratina, who changes formes to enter and leave this world and the torn world. as kyurem is shown in all three formes in the same world, probably, he will be changing types.

4) and finally, there is way too much http://sunyshore.com/scrap/blackkyurem2.png electricity (and fire in reshirem's side) for these two to not gain back their electric/fire typings. i think the real question is, then, not "what types will they be", but "will they lose dragon or ice".

which is a hard one to say, but as they keep calling them dragons, well.