PDA

View Full Version : Pokemon Chronicles: The Abyssal Ruins

Zorkel567
27th February 2012, 11:34 PM
This story is PG-13.

Disclaimer: I don't own anything in this story. All characters, locations, are creatures are owned by Nintendo and all characters in this are a work of fiction and any likeness to real life people is coincidence.

Note: I've had ideas for a while about Pokemon Fanfics, especially ones that are based heavily on the games. This is planned to be the first in a series of Pokemon fanfics, and the idea for this one came to me today after journeying in The Abyssal Ruins earlier.

Background: Just for a little background on the fic. It takes place within a universe of which the events of the five generations of happened. The events of Red/Blue/Yellow took place 10 years ago, and an overall alliance, the Pokemon League, has formed uniting Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, Sinnoh, Unova, Fiore, Almia, and Oblivia. The gyms are set up like in the anime, where a trainer can travel from one region to the next battling the gyms and once they beat all 8, they can face the region's Elite 4 and Champion. This story features Diamond, from Sinnoh, who is partially based on my Pokemon Diamond games, mainly his starter Pokemon, Turtwig, and some of the other members of his team. The events of this story begin not long after the events of Pokemon Black and White. And let's begin...

PROLOGUE

Diamond straightened his hat as he entered the large conference room. Sitting in the room was a large, crescent shaped table and sitting behind in were the major Professors: Oak, Elm, Birch, Rowan, Juniper, and Hastings. Standing behind the desk were Cynthia and Alder.

"Welcome, Diamond," Oak said. "We need you and your Pokemon."

"Me, why?" Diamond complained instantly. "Why not Red, or Gold, or Emerald? Why me?"

"Because we like you best," Juniper cracked. "You chose, Diamond, to become our agent, like Red and Gold and Emerald before you. When we need you, we expect you to come."

"Yah, yah, whatever," Diamond complained. "We are trying to crack the origin of Pokemon, Diamond, and as you know, we think you have the key to it. That's why we need you."

Diamond nodded, looking down at the Master Ball that hung on his belt. Inside rested the Legendary Pokemon Arceus, captured in a magnificent battle.

"And after the events at the Sinjoh Ruins, I'm more certain than ever that Arceus is the key," Cynthia said. "Professor Rowan and Platinum have spent a lot of time recently at the library in Canalave City, along with the shrine in Celestic Town hoping to learn something from the legends."

"So where do I have to go then?" Diamond asked.

"You've heard of Unova, correct?" Juniper asked, fixing her hair nonchalantly.

"Of course," Diamond responded. "That's the region you come from. It is also the newest region to join the Pokemon League, and is the home of the recent Team Plasma events, correct?"

"Yes, exactly," Juniper said. "Well recently, I met a treasure hunter on Route 13 in Unova, and he gave to me two plates- the Draco Plate and the Splash Plate. He told me he found them while trying to explore ruins in Undella Bay, a bay right near the town, Undella. The ruins are called the Abyssal Ruins, and are thought to be a temple from an older day-and-age. The fact that the hunter found two plates there makes me suspect the other plates could also be located there... or may have once been there. Professed Rowan says you two have already discussed the legendary plates.

"So this is where you come in- we need someone, a strong trainer like you, to explore the ruins. The plates have a link to Arceus, and since plates seem to be located in the Abyssal Ruins, the temple may have a link to Arceus. And since you have Arceus, you're the perfect candidate. The temple may also have clues hinting at the legends and origins of Unova. Cynthia owns a cottage in Undella Town, so we'll stay there while you explore the underwater temple. I'm coming with you, along with Professer Oak, Cynthia, and a Unovian scientist and friend of mine, Fennel."

"So when do we leave?" asked Diamond.

"We leave for Unova tonight, Diamond," Cynthia said, "So pack your gear..."

3D992
28th February 2012, 12:27 AM
Unlovable? Dont you mean Unova?
Other than that, good first chapter. It was mighty short, but oh well. So Diamond caught an Arceus? Cool. I'll be watching for chapter two.

Zorkel567
28th February 2012, 1:49 AM
Unlovable? Dont you mean Unova?
Other than that, good first chapter. It was mighty short, but oh well. So Diamond caught an Arceus? Cool. I'll be watching for chapter two.

Yah, I meant Unova. Fixed it- that darn autocorrect. Yep, Diamond has an Arceus which will play a big role. Thanks for reading.

Shadow Lucario
28th February 2012, 11:12 AM
ruins in Unsellable Bay,

I'm pretty sure it's Undella Bay, just like the town name.

Oak, Elm,Birch, Rowan, Juniper, and Hastings

You missed a space.

"We have need of you."

Sounds awkward. I'd reword it.

"We are trying to crack the origin of Pokemon, Diamond, and as you know, we think you have the key to it. That's why we need you."

You have to separate this from Diamond's speech. It looks as if he is saying this.

captured in a magnifiscent battle.

Magnificent.

the Library

Not a proper noun. It needs to be lower case.

we [space] someone, a strong trainer lime you

Where the word space is there should be the word need. Lime? I always knew Diamond was fruity, but...On a more serious note, it should be like.

so we'll stay there why'll you explore the underwater temple.

While.

I'm coming with you, along with Professer Oak, Cynthia

This is extremely redundant for, who I assume to be, Juniper to say. It was already stated they would be going when she (once again guessing here) said they would stay in Cynthia's cottage.

"We leave for Unlovable tonight, Diamond,"

Unova.

This was extremely short, but that's expected since it's a prologue. There was no description so I don't know what anyone looks like. I had no idea if the Juniper there was the female or her father. I've also never heard of Hastings so I have no clue what they look like.

Why are the other Professors there if they don't say anything and won't be involved in what's going on? Elm, Birch, Rowan, and Hastings had no place there. They didn't contribute at all and since they're leaving then it is really pointless to include them.

I have no idea which canon you're going off but by what you said in the description it appears to be anime. If so then how does Diamond have an Arceus? Even with a Master Ball, Arceus can knock it away with just a thought. I'm pretty sure if Arceus had been captured then there would have been some chaotic effect on the world. You are going to have to come up with a great explanation as to why he has it.

I may stop in again once the first chapter is posted, I may not. But until then Shadow Lucario is out.

Zorkel567
28th February 2012, 7:58 PM
This was extremely short, but that's expected since it's a prologue. There was no description so I don't know what anyone looks like. I had no idea if the Juniper there was the female or her father. I've also never heard of Hastings so I have no clue what they look like.

Why are the other Professors there if they don't say anything and won't be involved in what's going on? Elm, Birch, Rowan, and Hastings had no place there. They didn't contribute at all and since they're leaving then it is really pointless to include them.

I have no idea which canon you're going off but by what you said in the description it appears to be anime. If so then how does Diamond have an Arceus? Even with a Master Ball, Arceus can knock it away with just a thought. I'm pretty sure if Arceus had been captured then there would have been some chaotic effect on the world. You are going to have to come up with a great explanation as to why he has it.

I may stop in again once the first chapter is posted, I may not. But until then Shadow Lucario is out.

I fixed the spelling mistakes. The Juniper was supposed to be the female, which I added in a reference to now. Hastings is from the Pokemon Ranger series, and the reasoning for the Professors being there will be fleshed out more.

The canon this story uses is a combination of both the games and anime, and more about Arceus and Diamond will come to light as the story continues.