PDA

View Full Version : Doubles RMT Mono Team

mr.magiu5
29th February 2012, 6:25 AM
This team is my all-Ghost type team, excelling in double battles, exploiting the fact that they have access to many status-inducing moves, or moves alike. I'm only posting the 6 in my team, as I have 3 more in rotation with these. They're all my own work, moveset, IV (doubles to everyone!) and EV training. They all fulfill certain roles and are all important assets to my team. Well, hoping you like them, here they are:

Dusknoir @Leftovers ;477;

Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 Defense/252 Sp.Defense/4 HP
Nature: Relaxed
IVs: 31def/31sp.def

Moves:
-Pain Split
-Will-o-wisp
-Confuse Ray
-Disable

My Dusknoir functions as my main physical wall, taking full advantage of it's massive defenses. Will-o-Wisp allows for passive damage along with stopping physical threats against my team. Pain Split is my main recovery move, and also a huge damage-dealer, especially with low base HP as Dusknoir's, and being a common target as it is always seen as a threat. Disable breaks choice users and spammers, being mostly an unexpected move, keeping my opponent changing strategies over and over, while more statuses are inflicted. Lastly, Confuse Ray always comes in handy when messing with enemy teams, inflicting another volatile status, that is usually stacked up with others.

Spiritomb @Lum Berry ;442;

Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 Defense/252 Sp.Defense/4 HP
Nature: Relaxed
IVs: 31def/31sp.def

Moves:
-Pain Split
-Will-o-wisp
-Curse
-Attract

My Spiritomb follows similar mechanics as my Dusknoir, functioning as a mixed wall, exploiting the fact that it has no weakness. Will-o-Wisp is used with the same purpose, and Pain Split is also a huge dent maker since my Spiritomb's base HP is very low. The main differences come from Curse and Attract, especially the latter. Curse is my Spiritomb's way to break through protect and deal damage, which, when stacked with Will-o-Wisp, can tear an opponent apart in a short time. Attract is my main immobilizing move, as it's more reliable than paralysis, and sleep, as it doesn't go away over time and the only option is losing a turn switching out, and there being loads of male pokemon used, and a capability of being stacked with confusion and other statuses, it's filled it's role more than well. The Lum Berry it carries is a helpful way to stop getting inflicted myself with a status, especially sleep, also giving me a turn to immobilize the opponent.

Froslass @Light Clay ;478;

Ability: Snow Cloak
EVs: 252 Defense/252 Speed/4 HP
Nature: Timid
IVs: 31def/31spe

Moves:
-Light Screen
-Safeguard
-Confuse Ray
-Attract

This particular Froslass is my team's way of getting out of special attacks, especially for my Dusknoir and Spiritomb, as they both share the same nature. It has defensive IVs and EVs in order to survive physical attacks, also avoiding one of its' weaknesses, as fighting-type attacks have no effect on my team. Timid nature lets my Froslass outrun most lower-base-speed pokemon, and lots of higher-base-speeds, as their natures vary. Light Screen is a way of avoiding the ever common Dark Pulse and Shadow Ball, even preventing STAB moves from leaving too much of a dent. Safeguard prevents the common statuses that are sleep and paralysis, that really have an effect on my team. Attract has the same effect that it has when used by Spiritomb, though used in a much faster pokemon, and becomes massively annoying when coupled with confusion, as it lowers even more the possibility of being hit. My speedy Froslass is the fastest member of my team, and the role it fills up is preventing sweeps. Light Clay lets my Light Screen to last for even longer, as such preventing special damage for much longer, and keeping my team safe.

Gengar @Focus Sash ;094;

Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 Sp.Attack/252 Speed/4 Sp.Defense
Nature: Modest
IVs: 31sp.att/31spe

Moves:
-Thunderbolt
-Focus Blast
-Hypnosis
-Shadow Ball

Lots of Gengar share similar movesets, as it allows for awesome coverage and dealing with a boatload of threats. Along with my other pokemon's ability to immobilize the opponent, Hypnosis plays an important role as it stops the main threats of opposing teams, and can be stacked with Attract, Confuse Ray, Disable and Curse. Focus Blast is a really powerful move that Gengar can use to it's full advantage, as most weak to it don't have a particularly high special defense. Thunderbolt gives awesome coverage and is nothing to be messed with, becoming even more powerful with my Gengar's high special attack. Shadow Ball is its' main attack, as it is boosted by STAB and Gengar's special attack can take full advantage of its power. Having double IVs lets my Gengar make up for some of the speed loss from not having a Timid nature, outrunning most pokemon, and the special attack IV lets it maximize its' special attack as well.

Sableye @Life Orb ;302;

Ability: Stall
EVs: 252 Attack/252 Defense/4 Sp. Defense
Nature: Brave
IVs: 31att/31def

Moves:
-Fake Out
-Shadow Sneak
-Payback
-Focus Punch

This tiny looking imp is actually a huge threat physically speaking. It deals with physical walls and breaks through lots of defenses. Running on stall lets me avoid the speed loss of it's Brave nature completely, as it'll always go last and has a moveset filled with increased or decreased priority moves. Fake Out has helped my team massively: it's a great starting move, and a useful move for Sableye's partner to set up the first turn or immobilize one of the opposing pokemon. Shadow Sneak lets it deal with weakened prey and gives me a priority move that, with STAB and Life Orb's power boost becomes even more powerful. Payback has the drawback that if the opponent is slower, you'll hit weaker, but Stall prevents that and makes Payback's power to max out in every hit, becoming deadly in the process. Focus Punch deals massive damage, and lets Sableye deal with anything that doesn't resist it, or doesn't take the little threat seriously, denting Ubers and OUs easily. Also, the fact that Sableye is a dual ghost-dark, is sometimes avoided, or as it has low stats, it's left for easy prey, and Sableye's partner is mostly attacked, as Focus Punch grants a surprise attack.

I have to give credit where credit is due though, this particular Sableye is inspired on another online battler's Sableye on PBR: Nightwolf's Sableye. The main difference is that his carries Low Kick instead of Focus Punch, and I'm not sure that its ability is Stall as well.

Mismagius @Salac Berry ;429;

Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 Sp.Attack/252 Speed/4 Sp.Defense
Nature: Modest
IVs: 31sp.att/31spe

Moves:
-Shadow Ball
-Thunder
-Confuse Ray
-Nasty Plot

The star of my team and my favorite pokemon, Mismagius fills the role of a special sweeper, sharing this role with Gengar. Nasty Plot lets Mismagius hit like a truck (quoting this website's 4th gen POTW on Mismagius) and leave massive dents, if not OHKOing opposing pokemon, especially when used in conjunction with Salac Berry's speed boost. Confuse Ray is a useful move in stopping an opponent, as the 1/2 chance to hit is always more than welcome, also stacking with more statuses my pokemon inflict. Shadow Ball is its main attacking move, coupling with STAB and Nasty Plot's boost, it becomes a move to be feared. Thunder has great coverage and strength, and the difference with Gengar's own Thunderbolt is that Thunder has the strength that Mismagius needs to go toe-to-toe with Gengar's special attack. When used with Nasty Plot, it is a hard hitter for sure.

I use these in rotation with my other three ghosts, Rotom, Drifblim and Banette, all specializing in something just like the listed team. If you have suggestions or comments regarding my team, they're always welcome. I'm always coming up with new movesets for them, and raising new ghosts, I love all of them, even 5th gen, except for the legendary Giratina.