PDA

View Full Version : It must be destiny (bond) - Super Singles team

Meeeps
12th March 2012, 8:59 AM
DB Sash'd Genger, DD Scrafty, CB Chomp (for the lazy people :P)

Current record with this team - 62

Gengar @ Focus Sash
Timid
Levitate
6/0/0252/0/252
Shadow Ball
Energy Ball (because I don't like 70% accuracy Focus Blast, and I like my Gengar to have balls :3)
Thunderbolt
Destiny Bond

Role is to 2 for 1 the opponent, assuming Gengar is faster. Gengar 2 hits quite a few pokemon, and can Destiny Bond the second one they bring in. Scrafty is there for easy switching, if Gengar can't take out the enemy pokemon.

Garchomp @ Choice Band
Jolly
Sand Veil
6/252/0/0/0/252
Outrage
Earthquake
Fire Fang
Stone Edge

Changed from Dusclops (too lazy, didn't make), There as backup for Scrafty. Suggestions needed for possible change though as Chomp doesn't really mesh in well here.

Scrafty @ Leftovers
Jolly
Moxie
6/252/0/0/0/252
Drain Punch
Crunch
Ice Punch
Dragon Dance

Counters ghost's weaknesses nicely with great sweeping potential. Otherwise pretty self explanatory.

Any suggestions for move/pokemon changes? In the process of making Scrafty now, then I'll be testing the team and might post some rssults.

Ilan
12th March 2012, 10:53 AM
put Subtitute on gengar instead of destiny bond because it isn't worth losing a pokemon to beat a AI pokemon gengar have massive sp.attack so it will do a ton of damage anyway.

Dusclops is too slow to use destiny bondת you can use taunt in the last slot

Scrsafty is standard

Meeeps
12th March 2012, 11:11 AM
This Gengar is designed to 2for1 my opponent, I'd rather use Destiny Bond than than sub on the subway due to the AI only ever switching if they can't hit my Gengar. Life Orb Gengar isn't versatile enough for Subway either :x. As for Dusclops, I can pretty safely predict when I need to Destiny Bond thanks to it's insane defences. The AI isn't smart enough not to attack after I Destiny Bond on the previous turn.

I totally understand the logic behind what you're saying, but the AI is very predictable in what it does, it never switches unless certain criteria are met, so DB is quite effective here in my opinion.

Thanks for the comments though :), I'll had considered some other move for Dusclops like Toxic or Taunt so I'd be quite willing to try them out if I can't get DB working as well as I'd like it.

Meeeps
14th March 2012, 3:54 AM
Updated. Too lazy to breed up a Dusclops right now so I'm using Garchomp in there instead. Though he doesn't fit that well in there so if people could post replacement ideas, I'd be grateful.

Meeeps
17th March 2012, 10:15 PM
Updated. Also just got a 62 streak with this team, lost to a Heracross with Salac Berry and Reversal.

First time using Scrafty, I have to say that I'm quite a fan. :3

Aura Sensei™
18th March 2012, 12:41 AM
I would only change Stone Edge to Swords Dance on 'chomp.The rest of the team looks fine.

Meeeps
18th March 2012, 8:57 PM
I would only change Stone Edge to Swords Dance on 'chomp.The rest of the team looks fine.
And run it with what item? Right now it has Choice Band so Swords Dance doesn't exactly fit :P

Can't use lefties as Scafty has them, would have to be Shell Bell or Life Orb, not much of a fan of either on the subway. (why oh why can't I have multiple leftovers on a subway? :( )