PDA

View Full Version : Super Singles!! Go for the KILL! RMT

Shockking
12th March 2012, 5:44 PM
So lately I have been wanting to get farther in the Battle Subway and I have gotten some Pokemon ready. What I have is this:
:596: Galvantula @ Life Orb/ Wise Glasses
Compoundeyes
Timid
252SpeAt | 252Spe | 4HP
-Thunder
-Bug Buzz
-Energy Ball
-Volt Switch

He is a special attacker that is pretty cool. Thunder is the main move here, great power and won't usually miss with Compoundeyes. Bug Buzz for other STAB and also coverage. More coverage with Energy Ball. Volt Switch if I need to escape and can outrun my opponent to deal some damage as well. Life Orb or Wise Glasses to deal more damage.

:639: Terrakion @Choice Band/ Choice Scarf
Justified
Jolly
252Atk | 252Spe | 4HP
-Close Combat
-Stone Edge
-X-scissor
-Earthquake

Deals big damage with Band and his STABs, can break walls or hopefully revenge kill sometimes. Close Combat for anything that is weak to fighting and just my big hitter move here. Stone Edge for more of my great STABs. X-scissor and Earthwuake for more coverage, they will be used less often.

:598: Ferrothorn @Leftovers
Iron Barbs
Sassy/Relaxed
252HP | 252SpDef | 4Def
-Curse
-Leech Seed
-Gyro Ball
-Power Whip

So pretty simple, use Leech Seed for more recovery and set up with Curse. As my attack goes up and my speed goes even lower, Gyro Ball becomes an even more amazing move. Power Whip for the other STAB and some coverage.

So far that is the team I came up with so far but I don't know how well it will do. I also thought of two other Pokemon I could put in in place of Galvantula for the first one and Ferrothorn for the second. Here they are:

;094; Gengar @Focus Sash
Levitate
Timid
252SpAtk | 252Spe | 4Def
-Shadow Ball
-Thunderbolt
-Focus Blast
-Destiny Bond

He would be in place of Galvantula as a lead. First I would try to get a KO with my STAB Shadow Ball or one of my coverage moves. With Focus Sash, once I have been taken down to low HP, Destiny Bond them so that they are KO'd as they KO me. Hopefully will get 1 or 2 KO's per match, and he might be more reliable then Galvantula, but I don't know if I should switch them.

;080; Slowbro @Leftovers
Regenerator
Calm
252HP | 252Def | 4SpDef
-Scald
-Psychic/ Ice Beam
-Slack Off
-Calm Mind

In place of Ferrothorn I could use this. I think he might be good because he is a water type, he would possibly be better suited for the team. Scald to do damage with a chance for a burn. Psychic for STAB against fighting types and things that resist Scald. Slack Off so that I get lots of healing paired with Leftovers and Regenerator. Calm Mind to set up, bulky giving damage = happy me.

So these are the ideas I have had so far, please suggest any changes you might make, either Items, Moves or Pokemon. Or, should I scrap this team and make a Drizzle team?

Meeeps
12th March 2012, 6:55 PM
Personally I'd run Slowbro over Ferrothorn, just because 2 pokemon have Fighting and Fire weaknesses on your team, and Slowbro has nice typing for your team

Perhaps a Calm Mind set on it, so that you still have a nice potential sweeper.

Slowbro @ Leftovers
Regenerator
Bold
252/0/242/4/0/0
Calm Mind
Scald
Physhock/Physic
Slack Off

Shockking
12th March 2012, 7:04 PM
Thanks for the input! Although the Calm Mind set is something I was and am considering, what EVs should I put on the set I have now?
Mores rates and ideas are welcome! :)

Vulcan_Apocalypse
12th March 2012, 9:16 PM
Terrakion and Ferrothorn seem fine as they are currently, but Galvantula and Ferrothorn's shared fire weakness could be bad, I agree with the above poster who suggested slowbro, Starmie is also a potential option, it shares the same typing as Slowbro but has some other options as far as moves aer concerned, and it has good speed also, and access to recover. (Sorry for the run-on sentence lol)

Shockking
13th March 2012, 2:34 AM
Terrakion and Ferrothorn seem fine as they are currently, but Galvantula and Ferrothorn's shared fire weakness could be bad, I agree with the above poster who suggested slowbro, Starmie is also a potential option, it shares the same typing as Slowbro but has some other options as far as moves aer concerned, and it has good speed also, and access to recover. (Sorry for the run-on sentence lol)

Thanks for the input! Do you mean swap Galvantula for Starmie and use it as a Special Sweeper?

Any more help would be great! Anything even 'that pokemon sucks, kill it with fire and put in [insert Pokemon here] in instead!' would be appreciated, although a more serious statement would be nicer. Rate and suggest away!

Vulcan_Apocalypse
13th March 2012, 3:09 AM
Thanks for the input! Do you mean swap Galvantula for Starmie and use it as a Special Sweeper?

Yeah, thats what I meant by that. Again, its a good team already but Starmie makes a good sweeper on that team as well. Again just a suggestion, if I come up with anything else then ill share that as well.

Shockking
13th March 2012, 3:14 AM
Yeah, thats what I meant by that. Again, its a good team already but Starmie makes a good sweeper on that team as well. Again just a suggestion, if I come up with anything else then ill share that as well.

Alright! Thanks again for the input, I think I will train these six Pokemon and use them in Random Matchup as well as the Super Subway.

Any more suggestions, I'd still love to hear 'em! And howabout a sweeper set for Starmie?

Meeeps
13th March 2012, 3:48 AM
Starmie @ Life Orb/Focus Sash
Timid
Natural Cure
6/0/0/252/0/252
Surf/Hydro Pump
Thunderbolt
Ice Beam
Physic/Physhock

Or

Starmie @ Choice Scarf
Timid
Natural Cure
6/0/0/252/0/252
Trick
Surf/Hydro Pump
Thunderbolt
Ice Beam

Shockking
13th March 2012, 7:27 AM
I'm gonna take the fairly low amount of fixes/rates as an indicator that the ideas here are solid. :)

Vulcan_Apocalypse
13th March 2012, 3:37 PM
Also, you could use recover on Starmie if you wanted for a healing move. But thats up to you.

I'm gonna take the fairly low amount of fixes/rates as an indicator that the ideas here are solid.
Its definitely a solid team, Choice Scarf Terrakion is amazing, and Ferrothorn is a great poke also, I havent had much experience using him yet but he works very solidly. And then the flexible third choice can be filled by any of the great options described above.

Shockking
13th March 2012, 6:14 PM
Here a question: Because I want to have all these Pokemon in my party as once as options for the Subway or Random Matchup they cannot hold the same item. Slowbro and Ferrothorn both have Leftovers but since Ferrothorn has no real recovery move I think that he should keep it. That leaves Slowbro without an item. All I can think of for him is a Lum Berry so that status doesn't stop him dead as it usually does.

Vulcan_Apocalypse
13th March 2012, 6:26 PM
Good question, a berry would definitely be a viable option,(maybe sitrus?) you might also consider a gem to power up his STAB moves. Although, all that depends on what set youre running.

Meeeps
13th March 2012, 6:55 PM
You could run a Rocky Helmet on Ferrothorn, meaning it will deal 25% whenever the opponent makes contact as it is combined with it's ability. It'd make Ferrothorn a bit less effective really, but since Leftovers is one of the most important items, I wouldn't really stick it on something that has a 4x Fire weakness. (I love Ferrothorn, it's one of the first 5th gen pokes I made because he seemed so cool, but that Fire weakness has killed me a few times and people quite often carry a fire type move in Random Matchup just do deal with things like Ferrothorn and Scizor).

Vulcan_Apocalypse
13th March 2012, 7:01 PM
^ A good idea as well.

Aura Sensei™
13th March 2012, 11:18 PM
This is a good set for Slowbro:

Slowbro @Leftovers
Bold Nature
~Scald
~Ice Beam
~Calm Mind
~Iron Defense

Meeeps
14th March 2012, 3:20 AM

Slowbro @Leftovers
Bold Nature
~Scald
~Ice Beam
~Calm Mind
~Iron Defense
Lol I had forgotten it could learn Iron Defense.

Agreed with you. Maybe Slack Off over Ice Beam just so you have access to recovery while setting up, also can heal after unlucky criticals to the face. The only real issue with it would be Water Absorb pokes.

Shockking
14th March 2012, 3:30 AM

Slowbro @Leftovers
Bold Nature
~Scald
~Ice Beam
~Calm Mind
~Iron Defense

Thanks for the idea but I already have the Slowbro ready and obviously I can't send it back to 4th gen to give it the move. Anyway, with all the EVs and IVs he has in defense he is quite bullky physically. Also I really like having both attack moves, Psychic and Scald, so that I can hit more things neutral or super effective.
He is a beautiful shiny Slowbro. Shiny Slowbro might just be my favorite sprite currently in Pokemon. Plus its tail looks even more gold on the game screen. :)
http://sprites.pokecheck.org/s/080.gif

Shockking
14th March 2012, 9:14 AM
So, I have been using a team of Life Orb Galvantula, Choice Band Terrakion and Calm Mind Slowbro. The highest streak I've gotten with it was only 34 but that loss was really due to some bad luck with Stone Edge's accuracy. D:
As was really expected, Galvantula has proved to be less effective than I wished he could have been so I think that next I will train Gengar and Ferrothorn and see how a team of Geng, Terra, Ferro works out.
Another thing I want to try would be putting Latios in place of Geng with Terra and Ferro. The only problem is that I have no Latios and I don't know how to RNG in 4th gen yet (roamer -o- crap...) so I would have to get it from a trade shop or take a big break to learn a bunch of RNG stufff. And I don't really want to get it from a trade shop because Terra is someone else's and I just want to make the team feel like my own as much as possible, ya know...?

Sohryu
15th March 2012, 7:09 PM
Terrakion@Shell bell/Leftovers
EV's: 252Atk. 252 Def
~Stone edge
~Close combat
~Swords dance
~Substitute/Rock polish/Toxic
Meh. Substitute is allways great when you have acess to Swords Dance.
Close Combat+Stone edge provide great Coverage, so you don't need more than this.
On the last slot, you can go with Substitute for protect you, rock polish for raising its speed, or Toxic for dealing some extra damage.
Hope i helped ^^

davidchu
15th March 2012, 10:49 PM
So, I have been using a team of Life Orb Galvantula, Choice Band Terrakion and Calm Mind Slowbro. The highest streak I've gotten with it was only 34 but that loss was really due to some bad luck with Stone Edge's accuracy. D:
As was really expected, Galvantula has proved to be less effective than I wished he could have been so I think that next I will train Gengar and Ferrothorn and see how a team of Geng, Terra, Ferro works out.
Another thing I want to try would be putting Latios in place of Geng with Terra and Ferro. The only problem is that I have no Latios and I don't know how to RNG in 4th gen yet (roamer -o- crap...) so I would have to get it from a trade shop or take a big break to learn a bunch of RNG stufff. And I don't really want to get it from a trade shop because Terra is someone else's and I just want to make the team feel like my own as much as possible, ya know...?

For catching the latios/latias thing
it's a lot easier than raikou or entei because it doesn't run away
so I
1.got a fast pokemon that could learn false swipe (I used garchomp) or just choice scarf something
2.track down latias and swipe it every time
3.go catch a golbat in mt.silver (grass in mt)
4.It WILL have mean look
5.mean look that latias and throw your fast balls (preferably)

tracking the pokemon down is actually the hardest

(VERY SADLY my latias was adamant and naughty for the 2 restarts...)