PDA

View Full Version : Did You Use Your Starter?

Pages : 1 [2] 3

jakbeasley
29th July 2012, 6:22 PM
I usually have my starter throughout the entire game, including post-story. It's usually the powerhouse of my team and my Samurott is no exception to this rule of mine.

Pokemon18
3rd August 2012, 10:18 PM
I always use my Serperior, because she's quite strong, and Serperior is one of my favorite Pokemon!

NoraChu12
4th August 2012, 12:14 AM
I used my starter all the way through and I actually kept it a Snivy the whole time. I beat the game twio or so months ago and my Snivy is still a snivy!:)

I liked Snivy more then it's evolutions and was sure it would cause me no harm to do it that way instead of evolving it.

My Snivy's name is Jean-Marc.

Neyon
4th August 2012, 12:44 AM
Nope, I dropped him after lvl 10, trained him to 36 so he'd evolve and complete more of my Pokedex after I'd beaten the game, then put him back in the box.

crazyaxew
4th August 2012, 12:52 AM
When I find a better pokemon of the same type I put it away. I chose Oshawott but I put her away when I was able to catch a Frillish.

Toyosatomimi no Miko
4th August 2012, 1:03 AM
Sure did. Raised it all the way to Lv. 100, no Rare Candies.
I always keep my starter. It's great at battling, and a way to help other my other Pokemon level up.

cool123
4th August 2012, 1:14 AM
I started with tepig raised to level 56

The Benmeister
4th August 2012, 1:29 AM
Started with Snivy and evolved it, then replaced it with Ferrothorn.

Tuskie Tyrant Yoko Kurama
4th August 2012, 1:42 AM
Serperior will always have a place in my heart, but not in my party sadly. :(

Claus351
4th August 2012, 8:51 PM
Samurott was kinda overrated but I used him anyways :P I love using pokemon that everyone else thinks are useless or ignors them. I like using unused ones.. I thought everyone would hate the starters this gen XD hes still in my main team in spite of being an HM slave :P

DKDG
4th August 2012, 9:14 PM
Im a water type starter lover, but i chose tepig for the challenge of a slow speed starter. Used it as the bulky star of my team until the elite four (1st round). After that, i boxed him, and went to breeding pokemon.

SkittyMoonStone
4th August 2012, 9:54 PM
My Serperior called Snakey I am still using and I will NEVER put him in the PC for 1000 reasons why not

cookiie<3
5th August 2012, 2:37 AM
ya it is always with me anywhere i go

Cutty
5th August 2012, 2:53 AM
Yeah I always use starters in 4 B/W games I have.
Somehow I find them weakers than the other gens' ones.

Ausgirl
5th August 2012, 3:03 AM
I always use my starter and it always remains in my team with my flyer even after I've beaten the game.

aaron-now
5th August 2012, 3:05 AM
Played through once with each starter, and one game where I ditched them and used a Lillipup instead.
Lillipup is my favourite 5th gen starter.

ImMichael
6th August 2012, 11:16 PM
I used Tepig until after the E4 first round and a liiiiittle bit of the post game. As soon as I got my hands on a Typhlosion, Emboar's days were over.

EnragedSwalot
10th August 2012, 5:19 PM
Yeah, I used my serpierior. I still am training him and a bunch of other pokemon, too. He's just good to have around when training level 20s to 50s. Just in case.
If start over my game I don't know if I'm going to use my starter though.

Halros
10th August 2012, 5:44 PM
uhh i got a bunch of epic shinys off of GTS negotiations so noooo my team was just a bunch of legend shinys :)

deathgaze560
10th August 2012, 7:52 PM
yeah, i always use my starters for in-game stuff, postgame. But for wifi battles, I tend to shun Samurott.

wolf1095
10th August 2012, 8:12 PM
I have, do, and will always use my starter pokemon throughout the game, even in post-elite 4. It seems like a waste of time to train your starter all the way up to elite 4, only to give up on it and leave it sitting in the dust while you train a party of new pokemon (most likely). It always helps to have your most familiar and/or strongest pokemon with you at all times, and that is usually the starter pokemon.

WhiteKing
11th August 2012, 4:51 AM
No matter what im doing i always keep my starter with me. its the one pokemon i build everything around.

vividshock
11th August 2012, 6:51 AM
when i was younger i'd usually stomp every trainer i see with my starter unless it was a type disadvantage

Swampert is my Homeboy
11th August 2012, 7:02 AM
Yeah, I always use my starter.... except one time in leaf green, when I traded my starter to my fire red so I used an Ekans as my replacement for my starter.... yes....

TheBattleFrontierAsh1
11th August 2012, 8:13 PM
I did keep both Emboar, and Samurott, however once I've beaten the game again, I'll be back into competative battles, and everyone knows a starter is a nono.

spyclone138
19th August 2012, 11:11 PM
I do cause I love my serperoir he has help me in alot of battles

The_UnAmerican_Idol
20th August 2012, 2:12 AM
Of course I used my starter! Its my first Pokemon in the game, and it becomes a good Pokemon to use throughout the game. I use Samurott because I dont like the 5th Gen water types.

Draco.
20th August 2012, 12:16 PM
yes, until i beated the game after that it went staight to the pc :3

Jaguartail
20th August 2012, 5:29 PM
I always use my starter, even in the aftergame. They are one of the best of their type, and some of the strongest non-legendary pokemon.

Patri25
21st August 2012, 2:02 AM
I left my starter(Snivy) in the PC, after i won the pokemon league becuse i started playing on-line and serperior it isn´t in my team.

SmeargleRocks
21st August 2012, 4:27 AM
I used my starter on white, and black (I beat it several times and reset the game) my first starters were serperior on white and emboar on black then after that I started to just get the other 2 starters on black I left them all in my white PC after I beat the elite 4 and and restarted black

Draco.
22nd August 2012, 1:29 PM
yes, and im still using it in my ign team :,)

AceFlonne
22nd August 2012, 1:36 PM
Well,All of the starters I used in this game were replaced by Chandelure.

Kalytera
24th August 2012, 8:31 AM
Tepig 8-) though I wish I started with snivy

Iwz8472
25th August 2012, 1:21 AM
My Samurott got me through B/W so i felt i owed him max level at least. Then i let him retire to the daycare to make little oshawotts, one of which i EV trained to my new swords dance samurott (because seashell otter jedi are awesome.)

DragoniteDungeon
25th August 2012, 1:42 AM
I've always used my starter since the beginning. I know its a game, but i feel this bond between us, like we're suppose to be together the whole game.

Charikachu
25th August 2012, 9:27 AM
I'm not the type of person to ditch my starter pokemon. :)

Fluffyy
25th August 2012, 12:09 PM
I started with my cute Tepig, and so far it's a LVL 100 Emboar. It took along time, and now I got a strong, powerful Emboar.. we've bonded since. I reckon all starters are useful at some point in the game. In BW2, I may start off with a different starter like Oshawott and change my battle strategies :)

Plus side down side
25th August 2012, 5:25 PM
I don't always use my starters, but it was so hard to resist my Snivy! The moment I received the Pokeball, I fell in love and it is currently at level 100. I also liked that it was female, because that doesn't happen too often.

Colours
26th August 2012, 4:28 PM
I used my starter, Snivy, at the beginning of the game, but left him in the PC after the third gym. Poor guy...

Fabulous Ampharos
26th August 2012, 4:33 PM
I used Oshawott the whole game.

Mr.FusRoDah
26th August 2012, 9:41 PM
My friend who is selling me his Black didn't, and tbh the game feels somewhat gutted due to the fact his Servine rots in the box most of the time. I am going to make that thing a monster, comparable to my Serperior perhaps.

druddigon43
28th August 2012, 8:23 AM
my emboar stayed by my side until i beat the elite four, N and ghetis, and i hope he will stay with me til' level 100!
(i also plan to breed off him when i find and catch a ditto)

jsneed
28th August 2012, 12:35 PM
Mine was part of my party till it turned lvl 100 then I started making EV/IV trained pokes to use competitively so he now lives in my living national pokedex

Swagsire
28th August 2012, 4:47 PM
I used my snivy, but i everstoned it, just for kicks Qwaa ;195;

Thunderstrike18
30th August 2012, 1:48 AM
Yes,I used my starter (samurott) until after the elite 4.

SilverSaint
30th August 2012, 2:37 AM
I used Samurott in White and gave up on Serperior in Black because it sucked so much. I chose Snivy in Black 2 just so Hugh would have Emboar in the Double Battles you have with him and released it at the first chance I could.

brendan25
30th August 2012, 2:43 AM
I still use Daikenki

Royal_Qeca
31st August 2012, 3:28 AM
Yap, I'm still with my Samurott.

Myrrh
31st August 2012, 6:00 AM
This was the first time I did not use my starter at all. I think I just used it up until the first badge or so and then never again. And it was Snivy, I had always started with fire. Black 2 will be the same thing, start with either Tepig or Oshawott and dump it as soon as I get the first badge so I can transfer my six from Black.

Komaeda
31st August 2012, 6:06 AM
For the beginning, yes. I used Samurott up until the 7th or 8th gym.
From there I kind of... Dumped it. I used a Haxorus instead and swept the entire Elite 4 with it and a bunch of Ethers.

The_UnAmerican_Idol
31st August 2012, 3:48 PM
Ive actually stopped using my starter more recently, only so I could make room for my Shiny Flareon

Feath
31st August 2012, 4:41 PM
FOr my current White playthrough, No, I replaced my Snivy once I traded that girl in Nuvema for her Cottonee. Prankster is much more useful

Haxy
31st August 2012, 4:52 PM
I've always used my Snivy up until the end, and then it did had some use in the post-game part, so you could say that I've used it, yes.

Pokeparadox
31st August 2012, 7:46 PM
Serperior and I stuck together till the bitter end, until serperior disappeared from my box :(

empoleon49
2nd September 2012, 1:49 AM
I used my Samurott, for the reason I make sure to always keep my starter in my team.

ViperQueen
2nd September 2012, 1:56 AM
I used my starter as well (Samurott)...It was also the first pokemon I had reached level 100 in Pokemon Black and White.

AsheD
2nd September 2012, 7:05 AM
I always use my starters throughout the whole game. I used Serperior which I just grown attached to XD I think having them in the whole game makes you not want to stop using them D:

Fluffyy
2nd September 2012, 7:36 AM
I used Tepig as my starter for BW, and it was really powerful and stuff but I'm gonna try Oshawott as a starter pokemon in BW2. Really excited, anyways.. I always use starters, they're very helpful.

Shiny Venusaur
3rd September 2012, 7:11 AM
I have used my starter in both of my games. In my JPN copy of black I used Samurott up through the E4 and then kind of disregarded it. In my English White I used Serperior only about half way through before I just kind of abandon it. I plan on using Emboar in White 2 but I'm not sure how long I'll keep it. The starters didn't really do it for me this time around.

blackterminator3
3rd September 2012, 9:40 AM
I used my starters on Black and White, but then I decided to let them play with each other in the Dare Care. I check on them 3 times a week. :) Serperior and Samurott are having a wonderful time btw.

zapto369
3rd September 2012, 7:27 PM
I always use my starter, throughout the game (even post-E4) because it's the first pokemon I had in each game and therefore will always have a special place in my heart.

poutwuw
3rd September 2012, 7:39 PM
I used my Snivy/Servine/Serperior up until it hit lv. 40 and I got a Dragonite.
I'm trying to use it more now, though.
I wish I brought it with me to fight N and Ghetsis though...

Crasher
3rd September 2012, 11:15 PM
I did use Oshawott; I always use my starter, right until the end.

ZeroX01
4th September 2012, 5:31 PM
I picked Oshawott and used him the whole game. I always pick the water starters and I never leave them alone. This is probably since I love my starters as well as I always end up making them my water HM slaves. The only one that hasn't been an HM slave so far is my Feraligatr on SS. I'm just glad that the water HMs have good power unlike 3rd gen's dive.

Eternalhero
4th September 2012, 5:42 PM
I used my Snivy/Servine/Serperior up until the very end. :D

SamtheUlfr
4th September 2012, 9:45 PM
I always stick with my starter in all the games up until after I've gone through most of the story (at the very least, past the Elite Four) then I start switching things around.
I'm debating whether I want to do that in BW2, though, since I already have all the starters from trades.

Draco.
5th September 2012, 4:50 PM
nope, i used my snivy the only few moments i needed, to catch 2 other pokemons, that i used instead,

i just love snivy :3

SoulDaze
6th September 2012, 1:54 AM
Yes, until I started the Aftergame it went to the PC.

SoulDaze
6th September 2012, 1:55 AM
Yes, after I started the Post-game it went to the PC.

Blackkyurem
6th September 2012, 11:50 PM
Lvl 86 Chillin' Emboar

Omnite
7th September 2012, 5:14 PM
You have to use them to a certain point... But I stopped when I caught an Adamant Lillipup. Meaning straight away. On my other non-Main versions I used them through 'til the 3rd/4th Gym.

James2344
9th September 2012, 5:13 AM
Used it until i beat the elite 4 then i traded over a feebas from my diamond and evolved it into a milotic and trained that up to replace it

Tuskie Tyrant Yoko Kurama
9th September 2012, 5:24 AM
I do now more often, at first I had no idea what moves to teach my Serperior, so I have a Special one and a Physical one. So yea, I do.

Fluffyy
9th September 2012, 5:35 AM
I really loved my Emboar that much, I trained it to Lv 100.

trainer0191
11th September 2012, 4:03 AM
I used my Serperior for the first 7 gyms. Then I got my Darkrai (I've never used him before so I was really happy) and so he had to go.

DialgasMaster!
11th September 2012, 8:38 AM
I used my Serperior until I finished the Pokemon Legue. i didnt expect to find myself putting him in the pc box once i levled him up to 100.... still occaisionally use him though
Its Missingno! ;000;
anyway, this is my current pokemon group on black:
:497:
:635:
:643:
:646:
:522: (About to be a level 71 :523:)
:637:

Gai
11th September 2012, 10:43 PM
I enjoy using my starter since it is my 1st pokemon.

OJG
20th September 2012, 11:57 AM
I've decided to use a Drillbur instead of my starter. I'm gonna use Snivy up until I can get one. Gonna do Dreamworld and try and find a Taillow or Lotad as well, so I'm gonna use those two as my co-starters.

36squid
20th September 2012, 12:04 PM
I always use it in the first game of the generation

Ferrin
20th September 2012, 12:44 PM
no nothing can replace my samurott :]

Fire Hero
20th September 2012, 12:46 PM
For my in-game teams, I always use my starter. After all that was the one guy who was there the entire journey so I feel bad abandoning him :P Sometimes I do playthroughs on the secondary version (in my case it is White) and I use another "starter" by getting an egg from Black and hatching it at the beginning so it can really be my starter. But in my main games, the ingame team always has the starter on it.

TherianForm
20th September 2012, 1:05 PM
I use it until the league, then changed it. The only starter I have on a team is SP Blaziken ^-^

Flare♥
25th September 2012, 10:15 PM
I used Oshawott and once he was fully evolved and the game was done. He went into the box and was never taken out again... I really wish I took snivy instead, though this was before I saw how cool Snivy was in the anime, so I would have chose Snivy first if I saw the anime with her in it first before chossing. Also I love fire types, but I didn't want tepig since it was going to become a way over done fire'fighting... I really? Why not a grass/fighting or starters with more 2nd typing and out of them all is not fighting.

RainaXainne
26th September 2012, 4:25 AM
I let my Snivy evolve but other than that I didn't end up using it long term. My team is built of 12 types, (i.e. 6 pokemon, each with two types, none the same as another) Since I wanted Resharim, fire/dragon, I didn't need the only starter with two types. (tepig fighting/fire.)

LuringMaster
26th September 2012, 4:26 AM
I used Tepig all the way till the Pokemon League. And it was like Lv.59. ;)

red2000
26th September 2012, 3:05 PM
Samurott- Great Starter

Emboar- really Good, but saving for White2

Serperior- Freakin rocks! never knew how cool the snake was until my recent White run

Last Disaster
26th September 2012, 9:38 PM
I used Tepig up until I got through Twist Mountain, then bred a newer one with a Beartic to get Superpower and ran with it until just past the E4.

Doing it over again, I might go with Oshawott.

Goatink
26th September 2012, 9:46 PM
As a grass trainer I cant neglect my pokemon, so yeah I used my Serperior until I caught a Ditto, breed them and kept the child as my new main Serperior. The reason... I only train female grass pokemons, and my starter serperior was male so I needed to replace him with his daughter. Hehe he comes out when I need backup.

Sigilyph2
27th September 2012, 12:40 AM
I used my Snivy a lot in the main game and then traded it away post-E4 to get a Zoroark.

WhyHelloThere
27th September 2012, 11:56 PM
Yes, once. A lot of times I don't though.

SmeargleRocks
1st October 2012, 1:52 PM
I occasionally still use my serperior but don't about 70% of the time

The Dark Titan
1st October 2012, 3:35 PM
I did use them. I always use my starters, I'm emotional like that, haha.

SmeargleRocks
1st October 2012, 5:01 PM
I did use them. I always use my starters, I'm emotional like that, haha.

I gotta say yeah gotta love your starter

Manna
1st October 2012, 8:29 PM
I always use my starters. I dunno why, but I just can't let go of them. Must be because their your first Pokemon. That kind of emotional attachment to them~

ecswag
3rd October 2012, 12:49 AM
im still using my samurott i could never bear to drop my starter

Chimmyjc
3rd October 2012, 12:59 AM
Yes, I always use my starter. Emboar is the best in my opinion.

Sketchie
3rd October 2012, 1:28 AM
My starters are usually my strongest, and I keep them through the rest of the game... except for black, in which I'm going to switch out my beloved NinjaSword...

FireEmblemAddict
3rd October 2012, 3:19 PM
I always use my starter Pokemon on an in-game team... It feels 'wrong' or almost 'blasphemous' (to Arceus hahah) to not train a starter Pokemon in my mind. I'm weird, I know.

Fluffyy
3rd October 2012, 3:22 PM
Starters are, AWESOME. How could you not... use them x_x
They're very helpful throughout the whole game, usually they end up being my strongest pokemon.

TraceySketchesIt
3rd October 2012, 5:40 PM
I used my Oshawott, which is now a Samurott, throughout my entire game in White. I think it's a really good Pokemon.

Harin
3rd October 2012, 7:46 PM
I used my starter up until i could trade a piplup from my diamond, hes my fav ;P

ShinyMienshao
3rd October 2012, 10:49 PM
Of course. I still have Empoleon and Infernape today.

DJStuffy
5th October 2012, 5:39 AM
I usually use them until i get other pokemon. Unless i need them for training other pokemon or surfing or whatevs.

azeem40
16th October 2012, 8:31 PM
I've used my starter in every Pokemon run, except for my current one. The reason is because I wanted to see how hard or easy the game would be without it, and so far, it is pretty much the game, if not easier.

Zombie Gun
16th October 2012, 9:00 PM
I didn't on BW2.

BearTown
16th October 2012, 11:20 PM
I usually stop when its either 3rd form or around the third or fourth gym. nobody likes battling them so whats the point? youre training a pokemon that no one will battle u if u use.

BooBoar
17th October 2012, 12:56 AM
I always use my starter the whole game, i never box it.

Arcos
23rd November 2012, 12:44 PM
I always use my starter on my team. :)

Mountain Larvitar
23rd November 2012, 2:29 PM
I beat the game once with a Serperior, and now I'm going through it again with Tepig and his evolutions.

Spin Attaxx
23rd November 2012, 6:01 PM
The starter is always bolted into place for me.

nikko.ideator
23rd November 2012, 9:54 PM
Yeah; I loved my Emboar, he's a bro for life.

munchlaxguy
23rd November 2012, 10:03 PM
I always use my starter i've used Emboar and Samurott and on my current playthrough I have a servine.

Thomas Elliot
23rd November 2012, 10:17 PM
Depends on if I really like the generation's starters or not, I kept Emboar until I was able to trade in my other Pokemon I wanted then it was straight to the box. Really did not like this generation's starters so I was trying to get rid of him as soon as possible.

amberfunk
23rd November 2012, 10:32 PM
Of course. I chose snivy and resetted for a female.

Arlo
24th November 2012, 10:14 PM
I used my first starter, but that's only because it was Tepig, and only because, following Pokemon tradition, there aren't many fires to be had otherwise. It's pretty good, all in all (though I had just played through Pearl recently with a Chimchar, so I was a bit too aware of its flaws). Honestly, if there had been a better fire to be had, I'm not sure if it could've held a place on my team.

I was tempted the first time through to pick Snivy, since I tend to like grass starters, but I was glad I didn't pretty early on when I discovered Leavanny. It would've been a shame to have my starter that outclassed that quickly. I'm planning a playthrough with Oshawott some time. I already know pretty much what to expect - this generation's version of Squirtle/Blastoise - pretty drab, nothing good, nothing bad. I'll have to see if he stays on the team through the game.

Celestial Moth
25th November 2012, 3:55 AM
I used my starter myself, i use the same method to pass the game as fast as possible, train one pokemon the for the entire in game storyline,Oshawott, and by the time i get to the elite 4, its about lvl 70-lvl80 and with a few super restores and ethers i walk through the elite for like walking through water.

Xynno
25th November 2012, 5:50 AM
I normally do, or rather I did 10 years ago >.> used feraligatr and venusaur all the way through blue and silver version. When finally coming back to pokemon in black and white I went "there's over 400 pokemon I missed out on forget the starters !" Though in black and white 2 post game I did level up samurott as he was kinda cool.

P-body
1st December 2012, 9:14 PM
I've always used my Snivy all the way through the game. I still have it in my party. XD

Dysmul
1st December 2012, 9:30 PM
I used the starter up till about the 5th gym. After that, I got other pokemon that I kept throught the game.

MagikarpMagic
4th December 2012, 4:04 AM
I used it up until I entered the elite four.

ShinyMienshao
4th December 2012, 1:14 PM
Bit who doesn't?

Savanny Killersaurus
4th December 2012, 4:32 PM
I chose Tepig and used it throughout the game. After I beat the Champion, it was put in the box as I focused on breeding new teams for competitive play.
I don't get very attached to my starters anymore. My Blaziken from Ruby will always be my baby. <3

*PKMN Trainer Paddy*
4th December 2012, 5:24 PM
I used my samurott, as a physical attacker though. Very strong even post e4

deoxysdude94
4th December 2012, 5:32 PM
Yes, I always use my starter. Although Serperior is lacking in an offensive movepool, it has a great defensive movepool and it's stats a really good. I like having a defensive subseeder.

Charoshi
4th December 2012, 5:54 PM
I Always use a starter the first time through. I used Oshawott on white, Snivy on black and Tepig on White 2. My black 2 game was the very first time I hadn't used a starter on a first play through.

gamer_legend
4th December 2012, 6:03 PM
Yup. The only time I didn't was in Pokemon Yellow when it first came out because I much like everyone else thought Pikachu was lame.

DW_Bystander
5th December 2012, 2:59 AM
I'm sticking with my revolver Oshawott. Ever since the pokemon rescue team series chose mudkip as my pokemon (Every. Time), I've been sticking to water starters. He's the specialist on my team.

Tshiv
5th December 2012, 3:16 AM
I normally use them religiously, but Black and White's starters just didn't stand out at all to me. It was the first time I didn't enjoy picking the fire starter. I did keep my Serperior the whole way through Black, but I can't say the same of Emboar and Samurott.

Azhriel
5th December 2012, 3:04 PM
In love with Tepig and still using it after the league...I got all 3 of the starters thanks to my friend's help, so went through the game with all 3 ^^ But nothing beats Feraligator or the original 3 starters :<

Sceptile Master
16th December 2012, 12:50 AM
I always use my starter for my teams.

Pogaymon
16th December 2012, 6:32 PM
Yes I use. All my team is built on my starter.

Monochrome Dreams
19th December 2012, 6:48 PM
I ditched my Snivy for a Cottonee as soon as I got the chance.

Thowra
21st December 2012, 1:27 AM
Virizion outclassed my Serperior in every way, so my snake got replaced as soon as the deer was caught.
Aside from that, in Pokemon yellow I dumped my pikachu as soon as I beat Misty - I've always hated pikachu, don't understand why people love it so much.
In sapphire, my blaziken was the third pokemon to hit level 100 on my team, but he died really easily and I never used him for battle tower. He was superb for the elite four though.
....and that's all the pokemon games I've played...

BIG MIKE
21st December 2012, 2:31 AM
In Black 2, No, I used Genesect.

Bolt the Cat
21st December 2012, 5:55 AM
I pretty much always use my starter.

I picked Oshawott, BTW, which is now a pretty badass Samurott.

PowerMiner
21st December 2012, 6:13 AM
Of course I did! I used Oshawott.

CameronSt
21st December 2012, 7:54 AM
In Black 2, No, I used Genesect.
Same here, I only use my samurott for HM's. In the beggining I only used my Genesect and skill link Minccino. I had plenty of other events and powerful pokemon but I never use them until I beat the elite 4.

jimboslice856
21st December 2012, 9:34 AM
i picked snivy but replaced him as soon i could trade with charmander because he is my favorite

ludiloco
21st December 2012, 5:11 PM
I keep my Samurott, it's a good counter for Iris' Hydreigon with revenge

silverangel
21st December 2012, 5:19 PM
Only in my Yellow Sololocke, where I can only use the starter. In my Heartgold and White 2 Nuzlockes, both my starters already died. :(

Quantum1024
23rd December 2012, 2:01 AM
Considering that Serperiors hit like wet towels in comparison to other available options, I phased the Serperior out after Chargestone Cave in favour of a Joltik (Galvantula). I found out too late that its move pool is very narrow. (Even Meganium has a better move pool consisting of Earthquake)

shadowarcher
23rd December 2012, 3:38 AM
I use my starter for the main game then ditch it after that (unless if its a blaziken). Other pokemon have more diversity than the grass staters that I normally choose. After a while I do often go back to and use my stater but not very often.

Bossk
23rd December 2012, 6:54 AM
In White I used both Oshowatt and Snivy and in White 2 I used a Pidove and put Tepig in the PC.

Snivy 101DW
30th December 2012, 4:01 PM
I am still using my starter, not to mention I also have it's complete evolution stages... I plan to use it up to the end of the game since it's my favorite pokemon.

Champion Cynthia108
30th December 2012, 4:54 PM
Yes, I still use my starter.

For some reason, I always grow emotionally attached to my starters, so they never leave my side.

SteelKing 2012
30th December 2012, 7:13 PM
I normally use my starter for my first run through most of my games, but I always ditch it when I reset them. Never use my starter in Nuzlockes for some reason.

J Ken
30th December 2012, 7:54 PM
I use my starter Oshawott though I started using it less throughout the game in favor of using my Pikachu more.

Xerneltal
30th December 2012, 10:12 PM
I've always used my starter. :3

*~Silver*~
30th December 2012, 10:28 PM
Yeah. I used my starter. He was a Tepig, now he's a Pignite NAMED Tepig. xD

Shayminslicker
30th December 2012, 10:35 PM
Why of course! I never get rid of my starter.

Squiddly Dee
30th December 2012, 10:39 PM
The only game I didn't use my starter in was White 2, because I'd used all of the starters many times. Other than that, I always use mine.

EspNeon
4th January 2013, 11:54 AM
Yes. They have sentimental value to me in some weird way. Since I start my journey with them it feels wrong not taking them along with me.

Absoltastic
4th January 2013, 5:36 PM
I always use mine unless I am doing some sort of special team run, like I am doing in White 2 with a randomly chosen team. It does feel kind of weird to me to leave a low-level starter in the PC for a whole game.

IHeartCookiesMunchMunch
4th January 2013, 5:38 PM
No. Personally the 5th gen pokémon never caught my eye so I just trade it or leave it at my box since LvL 1 >.<

Kutie Pie
4th January 2013, 9:06 PM
Judging from how in my previous games, I've kept all my starters, so chances are very high I'm keeping my Samurott after I beat the Elite Four. I find it odd to stop using the one Pokémon you've had since the very beginning. And Samurott's actually been growing pretty well, better than I expected. I'm not very efficient when it comes to stats and natures/abilities, but Samurott can stand for itself in tough places, so I expect to keep it for the whole gameplay.

iAm_Michael
4th January 2013, 9:08 PM
I'm not into the whole competitive battling as other people are, so I always keep my starter at all times. Unless I'm just training other Pokemon at the time, but my starter is always my favorite. :D

silver_phoenix
4th January 2013, 9:11 PM
yup! especially Serperior.

Icarus©
4th January 2013, 9:19 PM
I used my oshawott and snivy up till postgame, serperior was immediately boxed, while Samurott was used for a while longer.
I chose tepig in my white 2, was boxed when it was evolved and i got volcarona

Unredemption
5th January 2013, 4:02 AM
I try to, as long as they're somewhat useful. I've tried Samurott and Emboar this generation and both are decent, even towards the Elite Four. Haven't tried Serperior - don't really fancy its barren movepool and sub-par attacking stats.

Entreri10
5th January 2013, 6:03 AM
I used my Tepig for the main story but hes been in my box since the elite four, mostly because I transferred all my Pokemon from my 4th gen games into Black.

Motonari27
5th January 2013, 6:32 AM
I always fancied my starters, and always had at least one in my party, usually empoleon or serperior

Dragonquester
6th January 2013, 7:58 PM
I always use my starter. I grow really attached to them over the course of the story

Greekboy
7th January 2013, 1:38 AM
I always have my starter on every team of mine :)

In this case, Serperior (B) and Samurott (W)

Thomas Elliot
7th January 2013, 2:47 AM
I really hated all of the starters in this Gen, at every single stage. I begrudgingly picked Tepig because I wasn't impressed with the other fire types in this Gen and they were far and few between.
As soon as I could trade in previous Gen pokemon I did. I used him to get through the Elite 4 and then I dropped him.

Zecaomes
7th January 2013, 2:50 AM
Yes. I though about not using it, but it just seems weird for me to see a team without any starter

TwitchyAssTaillow
7th January 2013, 2:50 AM
Starter has always been my main Pokemon. Tepig was my starter in White, and Oshawott was my starter in Black 2. I've always had a fancy for the Fire and Water starters.

Mr. Spock
8th January 2013, 9:06 PM
not my official starter, but i did use my venusaur as soon as i got him.

Alice.
9th January 2013, 1:17 PM
In all previous games I've always had my original starter in the team, but in White I put my Serperior in the box at around lv 38-40 and found other Pokemon to get me through the game.

Jacobthepokemonfreak
10th January 2013, 7:09 AM
I kinda like the starters but I HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAATE Tepig in all its forms!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Copie
11th January 2013, 12:28 AM
I always use my starter until the end of the game, at which point I'll switch for ANY starter. I always like to have a starter on a team, but to date, Mudkip --> Swampert is my favorite. And that is who normally ends up on my post-game team.

SmeargleRocks
11th January 2013, 2:53 AM
Yeah I did in white 2 all the way through, sick or unova starters already though -_- so I probably won't be starting new games

nathandg0924
11th January 2013, 4:36 AM
Of course. My starter whoever it may be is and will always be part of my team, unless it's not really that good in the end but I did.

White_Roar~
11th January 2013, 4:39 AM
I chose Tepig as my starter, and used it through the entire game (: I even use it on my one of my BW Competitive Teams as well! It's good thing it has an Adamant Nature and some good IVs! xD

Nicole the Glaceon
13th January 2013, 11:15 PM
I always use my starter from begining to end inless it has really low stats.

SpeedDeoxys
16th January 2013, 4:40 PM
I always use my Samurott in my team.(Expect I have really good pokemon)

BIG MIKE
16th January 2013, 4:50 PM
I did in Gens 1-4, Gen 5, NO!

Cosmic_SlayerX
17th January 2013, 10:33 PM
Once I beat the Elite 4 and transfer over my old pokemon, no.

Rakansen
18th January 2013, 1:50 AM
I used my Emboar throughout the game in Black. In Black 2, I never used a starter, I just caught a Riolu early in the game and trained it as my "starter".

Pikafleg
18th January 2013, 1:54 AM
I always use my starter all the way through and past the end of the game, though after the game I may substitute them (and my main team) out for new pokemon I want to train, but I'll still keep periodically going back to my starter. Not to say I haven't ditched any pokemon I started to train, I have occasionally, but never my starter.

lollygag
18th January 2013, 1:58 AM
I always use my starter. ALWAYS. And Black 2 was no exception.

Popboi
18th January 2013, 2:15 AM
Always, I stop using most of them after the Elite 4 though.

Mr Awesome
18th January 2013, 3:09 AM
Always! I may have like 1 sub, but I always come back to my starter

Raiin
18th January 2013, 3:47 AM
In Black I used Samurott until I beat the elite 4 and champion then I started Ev training pokemon for wifi and just never used him after. Black 2, I chose Tepig and ditched him after he evolved into Emboar because I wanted to use both Magmar and Arcanine. I don't really care for Emboar so much, first time I liked the Water starter (or any other) over the Fire.

Flo
18th January 2013, 3:53 AM
Of course I did! Samurott was only my highest-leveled Pokémon!

The DragonKnight
18th January 2013, 4:27 AM
I have a level 100 Serperior. Same Snivy I started with in Black (1). I use him around the game and usually have him in my Party, but I don't use him for PWT (traded him to B2), Subway, etc.

Darenix
18th January 2013, 4:28 AM
I always use my starter throughout to whole game. I actually feel a sort of nagging guilt if I put my starter in the PC for an HM slave or something.

Flamer
18th January 2013, 7:34 PM
Yep. Used my Samurott, nicknamed Chelsea, throughout the whole game. She's right up there with my Typlosion from Silver/SS and my Charizard from FireRed as one of the favourite starters I've had.

Jiang-Shi
19th January 2013, 6:16 PM
I normally only use my starter pkmn until I find something to replace it with. I chose Snivy in white, evolved it and then find another poke to take its place. I don't find starters unique enough. lol.
But Sceptile, Charizard and Empoleon are more than welcome on my team anytime.

broomstig
19th January 2013, 7:05 PM
i usually do until about lv 20, when i replace them with better pokemon. in white 2, because we could freely trade with black/white i almost instantly traded away snivy to get a dratini as its much more of a challenge to raise and use at the lower levels. that and the riolu/lucario i caught at the start have since been a staple of my w2 team

Sealotic
19th January 2013, 10:58 PM
Always, I just can't get rid of my starter... except one time haha.
In Black, I put my Samurott in my PC for my love of legendaries pokemon, a big mistake.

ForeWolf
19th January 2013, 11:17 PM
I always keep my starter with me. I don't think I've ever put mine in the PC, except maybe to sort it a bit.

!jirachi!
9th February 2013, 10:42 AM
yea lol my whole team was based upon it.

Furret-Luver
9th February 2013, 8:45 PM
in every game i use my starter. it depends if i still keep using after the elite 4 thought. sometimes thers just another pokemon i really want to train, and need to make room in my party for. in this case, bye bye starter.

EtaHope
11th February 2013, 9:52 PM
I used it until level 100, now I only use it for breeding.

dayvee
11th February 2013, 11:00 PM
I used my Serperior for a while until I was able to build a choice team. I tend to do this across all the games.

Toxic Nightshade
12th February 2013, 12:04 AM
i mostly use my starter for the first five gyms at least, then i usually ditch it for a better poke of the same type.

silver_phoenix
13th February 2013, 8:33 AM
yes I did! and mine was a Snivy!

VaironGod
13th February 2013, 11:45 AM
I used my Tepig till the end!

Emboar was really powerful and managed to sweep Grimsley.

Valkerion Moonshadow
25th February 2013, 10:58 AM
I generally use them till Max Level then if I'm levelling other pokemon post-game like my Diamond Empoleon, I tend to use him for Surfing/Waterfall. But currently, I'm still using Samurott in White of course, I really like him, one of my fav starters across all the games.

AuroriumX
25th February 2013, 12:53 PM
Yes I did. I never get rid of my starters because they always have a special meaning to me. The very first Pokemon you get in any game is always a bit more special than the others.

seancon93
1st March 2013, 7:01 PM
Lately I've been making teams using all three starters. So yes. I tend to keep them on me

AnakBaé
1st March 2013, 7:35 PM
I picked Tepig and dropped it off in the box as soon as I was able to get a Darumakka at route 4. On the trip there.
That is smart, because I did that too. 5th gen starters sucks physically.

EpicAaron
1st March 2013, 7:53 PM
I keep it with me even after the story is complete, usually because it is one of my highest level pokemon. Never in serious competitive play though.

DarkSword39
1st March 2013, 7:57 PM
I used Emboar in Black and it was... bad. I used all of the other Pokemon on my team.
When I got Black2, I got Tepig again. Then I put it in the PC and haven't used it since. I sent over a Torchic Egg as a replacement.

LiepardTrainer
2nd March 2013, 10:13 AM
Until Unova, I left my starter in the box after catching my favorite Pokemon of the region, but how can I do that in Unova? - Oshy's evolve form, Dewott, is my 4th favorite Pokemon, no way I was getting rid of him. After my two Oshy's evolved they were rewarded with an everstone.

When I first played Black 2, he evolved all the way to Samurott. After 8 months of playing it, beaten the elite 4, I bought White, and wanted to have both Oshawott (actually Dewott) and Snivy in the same team, so I restarted my game, traded Oshawott, and restarted that game again. - on both games, I'm at the Elite 4 again.

In both games Dewott my starter in Black 2, and Dewott/Serperior starters in White aren't the strongest Pokemon (starter in both games are at high 50's), that job belongs to my normal type and one of my favorite Watchog (she is 10 levels higher than everyone else [68 in Black2 and 72 in White]).

shytende
2nd March 2013, 10:27 AM
Emboar is honestly pretty good in Black 2...

Ialways make a female one, and I use it as a main part of my team.

hiyy11
2nd March 2013, 5:01 PM
It doesnt matter what Pokemon game I play, I always use my Starter. Squirtle was always my fav up until Tepig came along in Unova. I had an instant love for this little porker. I've always used Tepig, Pignite and Finally Emboar in my BW/BW2 teams. He makes a great offensive addition to any story team.

PikachuFan6
3rd March 2013, 7:48 AM
I kept my starter throughout the main game until I got to the poketransfer. From there I transfered my Pikachu (first lvl 100 pokemon) from Leafgreen/Soulsilver and built a second team around him.

Shockking
3rd March 2013, 8:48 AM
In Black, Emboar got me through the Elite Four, it was grinding him that made it all possible haha. In Black 2 though, I planned out my team of Arcanine, Lucario, Magnezone, Lilligant, Flygon and Samurott, with all the move sets, even got good natures on all of them and tbh, the whole time he felt like the dead weight of the team.

WildHennaCharizard
3rd March 2013, 11:51 AM
Yes I used my starter. In Black a chosse snivy (who was female so yay!) She was fast and I have to say she saved my butt quite often in the game; surviving to the red zone of her hp and than her Overgrow kicked in and her next attack whould faint the foe's Pokemon.

Canada
13th March 2013, 11:36 PM
Yes I did. As terrible as Emboar was I used it.

Aquanova
14th March 2013, 5:43 AM
Used my starter in both games. I rarely like to dump my starter. I like Serperior,so I used it in White.

Colt45
14th March 2013, 5:32 PM
Yes I did. I liked Samurott quite alot actually, and he was pretty useful for my team. At the end of the game, when I had to clear out a teamspot for Zekrom, I didn't even consider him as one of the options to loose a spot :D

Cyrius
14th March 2013, 5:32 PM
Heck Yeah! Samurott was the first pne i lleved up to 100 cuz i liked him so much :D

uberHexagon
14th March 2013, 6:00 PM
Of course I did. I solo ran most of my white with Snivy. I planned to do a solo run with him but that took too long by the time I got to mistralon. So I got a Victini and an Audino and sped through the game so I could finish before BW2 came out.

Demonslayer492
14th March 2013, 6:03 PM
Well duh .-. And i ONLY use my starter. I just have others to protect Samurott in both Black 1 and White 2. I dont use anything else for battles. Only to heal her ^-^

lavulin
17th March 2013, 9:16 PM
Yes. I started with Snivy. I simply love this pokemon! This time in my party I used all of the starters because I wanted to try all of them but Snivy is still my favorite. <3

☭Azimuth_055☣
30th March 2013, 4:03 PM
Pre-league, yes. Post-league, I always find replacements for it, so nope.

Reborn Cyrax
31st March 2013, 2:22 AM
My Samurott wasn't bad until I got to the elite 4 with some buffed up new Pokemon, I didn't use him much then because he wasn't SE against any of the main types. However he is pretty good at owning that pesky chandelure.

PokemonTrainerKaden
31st March 2013, 2:25 AM
I always use my starter pokemon.

AmbipomMaster
31st March 2013, 2:55 AM
I always use it the first time around. I never get rid of it! Hahah
It's the 2nd+ playthroughs I consider releasing them
I have used all three, and, even though I love Samurott, I think Emboar was best (he knew better moves!)

Placa
31st March 2013, 3:22 AM
I can never refrain from using my starter, I've never left it unused. It's like I develop this weird bond with it.

Legendary Charizard
31st March 2013, 4:25 AM
I always use starters, but this generation of starters have been really lackluster. Their move pool is just weak in my opinion, and it would have been awesome to have Serperior be more offensive with some actual useable moves.

UbersSuck20
31st March 2013, 6:57 PM
I always use the starters in-game. Even Emboar is worth using.

N(emesis)
2nd April 2013, 10:52 PM
Used mine till i beat E4 the first time then he became a slave now he sits in a box.(Oshawott)

JohnLynch
5th April 2013, 10:09 PM
I'm surprised to see how many people here do use their starters. I am as well (tepig) and will continue to do so until I beat the Elite 4. It's likely I'll swap out my entire team post-League play (not that I really know what's available post-League) as I'll be trying to complete my pokedex and I'll likely be going to the early areas so I can evolve my pokemon (I could do the "have it start with and then swap it out" route. We'll have to see how it goes).

For me tepig is the heart of the team. There are most likely countless compositions a team could have. My aim is to get one that can handle any pokemon that gets thrown at them. Having to start somewhere, I start with my starter pokemon (last time it was charmander, now it's tepig) just so I have a starting point and then move on from there. It certainly helps that tepig will evolve into a fire/fighter pokemon. That ticks a lot of boxes for me (including steel and normal pokemon).

fitzy909
14th April 2013, 8:12 PM
i always use them until i beat elite 4 (except nuzlockes where i lose it fairly early on). i just feel attached to it, because i started off with it. i know they aren't amazing, but they are okay in the games. this gen's starters are pretty weak, but i like the pokemon i start with. i used tepig, because it seemed to be the one everyone wasn't using (at least amongst my friends). i wanted to be different and it looked powerful.

telivisionhead
15th April 2013, 8:27 AM
Yep, mostly because there aren't many good water types in B&W up until later.

Very true. IN black and white 2 there is some water types even early in the game but in both playthroughs of black 2, all my 4 playthroughs (Im on the 3rd gym in 4th so far) I used my starter! All the way through the game! :D STARTERS!

Volcer
15th April 2013, 11:16 AM
I usually use my starter for the full game and post-game. But in Black 2, I boxed Samurott before the E4 in favour of Keldeo. This is the first time I did that.

spyrosgost
15th April 2013, 5:18 PM
Hmm..Never?I really hate the new generation,so i transfered all my pokemon to white and released all the 5gen pokemon ;)

Hikatoshi26
15th April 2013, 5:55 PM
I use my Serperior from my White more than my Samurott from my White 2 only because I brought my empleon from my Diamond over because it is so much better.

fitzy909
15th April 2013, 6:20 PM
i have to admit although i used my starter, it wasn't as good as previous gen's starters. this gen's starter pokemon had lackluster stats and we're all round poor. i just used it, because i grow attached to my first pokemon of each gen/game.

FallBird
15th April 2013, 6:52 PM
I love all three of the fifth gen starters. My favorite fully evolved is Serperior, though Oshawott and Dewott are my favorites otherwise. I have a Serperior that I've relied on pretty heavily that I used as a starter on White. I'm also using my starter on my second White run, a female Dewott. She shall never evolve.

Mew The Gato
19th April 2013, 11:31 AM
I used my Serperior throughout the game, it even managed to single-handedly defeat the Champion in Black 2!

SharpedoX
19th April 2013, 11:50 AM
My Servine was useful but then I deposited it pretty early on the PC. I like to rotate my team. 8 pokémon or so in my (un)official team.

I eventually took it out and evolved him post-league for dex data and the ever popular Oval Charm.

C.y.a.n
19th April 2013, 6:59 PM
Used my samourott throughout black

Marinda H
22nd April 2013, 11:38 PM
I have always used my starters. Usually I use them till I get my lvl 100s into that game. Interestingly or not, depending on how you look at it, I have my lvl 100 Swampert. So in the end, I pretty much use my starter all the time.

ChuckNorris
4th May 2013, 9:04 PM
I pretty much always use my starters, except in competitive battling.

rodrigogb10
4th May 2013, 11:18 PM
Tbh...until i could get rid of them

Sprinter1988
27th May 2013, 2:54 PM
I always make use of the starter, though this generations' starters were a bit disappointing. The only time I've ever shoved the starter into storage was a playthrough of Sapphire version when I discovered that my Breloom, which was caught as a backup, was so much better than Grovyle/Sceptile (a pokemon that really has gotten better as the generations have gone on thanks to X-Scissor and Night Slash!)

It really annoyed me though that I could only teach Samurott Megahorn (the main reason I chose Oshawott in the first place) by doing the Heart Scale swap. The same went for Emboar and Hammer Arm.

parasky
27th May 2013, 3:19 PM
I used my Samurott as a team member and he was very average and as soon as post-game (if you can even call that aimless rubbish that) hit he became a hm slave faster than Ash's Pikachu drinks a bottle of tomato sauce.

Shadow_07
28th May 2013, 3:37 AM
I've mainly used my Serperior up until I finished the game, then I just kept it in my party. I don't really use it anymore unless I need a good back up Pokemon and everything else has fainted.

Earth Wolf-Howl
28th May 2013, 7:33 PM
In Black, I used Serperior up to level 45, before I dumped it in my PC box. I thought it was just plain awful, and it doesn't learn any good moves.

On the other hand, in White 2, I'm still using my Samurott, Awkian. I think it's better, and quite powerful if used right.

Bariokie
28th May 2013, 7:46 PM
In Black, I used Serperior up to level 45, before I dumped it in my PC box. I thought it was just plain awful, and it doesn't learn any good moves.

On the other hand, in White 2, I'm still using my Samurott, Awkian. I think it's better, and quite powerful if used right.

Yeah dude Serperior is a really bad pokemon huh.
The move set is not good huh?...
Of course*cough*

Volitide
28th May 2013, 10:32 PM
I never use my starter unless I pick Oshowott. Out of the three, he was the only hit for me. Snivy's evolutions don't have enough attack power or a good enough movepool, & Tepig evolves into just a generic Fire/Fighting starter (Which I wish GF would quit doing).

pokemonmaster99325
1st June 2013, 11:32 PM
on black im not but on white i am.

Crasher
15th June 2013, 1:39 AM
Samurott is still at the forefront of my team.

skittlepup
15th June 2013, 1:57 AM
Both in White and Black my Samurott (Oshy) was seriously overleveled by my Musharna (Moon)...
By like 10 levels.

15th June 2013, 9:05 PM
I'm keeping my Samurott until after the elite four, then I plan to box him after I transfer all my pokemon from Platinum over in anticipation for X & Y.