PDA

View Full Version : Did You Use Your Starter?

Pages : [1] 2 3

Skegs
13th March 2012, 11:49 AM
So the question is, "Did you use your Starter?" (Snivy, Tepig, or Oshawott)
"Did you continue to use it in the game", or "Are you still using it?"
Also, please explain your reasoning!

Vulcan_Apocalypse
13th March 2012, 2:43 PM
Up until after I beat the game, after that it went into the box, I havent taken it out in the 550-some hours since I finished the game.

Trinimaster.
13th March 2012, 6:03 PM
I always use my starters even after beating the elite four until they reach their max level

Lady Umbreon
13th March 2012, 6:04 PM
Yes. I always build my story team around my starter.

TeamRocketGrunt
13th March 2012, 6:05 PM
Yes but not after E-1337

Aurath8
13th March 2012, 6:49 PM
I always use my starter throughout the game. It's the best of it's type you will receive until much later in the game and it's also one of the first Pokemon I see for the game so even if I disliked them at first, I'll have gotten over it by the time the game comes out.

Whimsicotton
13th March 2012, 6:54 PM
Yep, mostly because there aren't many good water types in B&W up until later.

Marvs
13th March 2012, 6:57 PM
I used my Tepig until I got to daycare where I hatched myself a shiny one then continued with him! :) I usually always keep with my starter though.

SouthParkPikachu
13th March 2012, 7:18 PM
In white version i stuck to Samurott until he was level 71 but I really don't know why...
In black version I have my Surperior which is nicknamed Kyle and is at level 70.

2rsa
13th March 2012, 7:28 PM
Yup.I always use my starters every where.:)

Blue Astra
13th March 2012, 7:36 PM
In any Pokemon game I'm using my starter and keep it throughout the whole game, building the rest of my team around it, and Black is no exception to this rule. Why? First, because I like it and also because (in this case) Samurott is a quite powerful water-type.

RedAce♠
13th March 2012, 10:47 PM
Chose Tepig and use him through the whole game. After I beat the Elite Four (1st Round) He went straight to the PC ^^; Though I do use him time to time in the Subway, but very rarely I do.

Reasons I used him through the Game. Was the fact he was my Poke to slow down those fast little SOB in the game XD BullDoze spam all the way, then I use flame charge to really spread a gap between him and my oppnent and sweep like crazy ^^ It worked for a bit till the 2nd round of the Elite Four. Since there levels went up and he just couldn't keep up with them I guess. Though I like the BullDoze, Flame Charge Combo. It works so well. Also my Tepig also knew grass knot so he could deal with those water and ground types.

Although in past gens, I kept them though out the whole game period. They just seem to be better than the 5th Gen guys I guess...

Winter02
13th March 2012, 10:54 PM
I did use my starters when playing through the storyline in the game. But once I had finished the Pokedex and my teams had reached level 80, I boxed them and haven't used them since then.

Shadow XD001
13th March 2012, 10:59 PM
Yup, I've used my starter (Tepig) since I chose it. I generally like having my starter on my team.

The Eleventh
13th March 2012, 11:00 PM
Yes, I did use my starter (Oshawott in White and Tepig in Black) during the game. I haven't had much use for my starter after the main game, though, but I still often carry it around.

WaffleCopter
13th March 2012, 11:19 PM
First time playing I kept tepig the whole game. Second time playing boxed snivy after 5th gym. 3rd time playing kept samurott whole game. And this game I ditched tepid when I got a shiny litwick

Celtic Origins
13th March 2012, 11:34 PM
Used it until i bet the elite 4 then traded it away for a Celebi

Autis-misc
13th March 2012, 11:45 PM
I still have my serperior in my party. i haven't played white in like ever though.

Whimsicotton
13th March 2012, 11:51 PM
I carry my starter around post-main game mainly because they have sentimental value, I suppose? I get attached to some pokemon after using them for a while; they just seem sort of... Familiar, I guess.

Ansem1013
14th March 2012, 3:03 AM
I picked Tepig and dropped it off in the box as soon as I was able to get a Darumakka at route 4. On the trip there, I neglected it and only really used it for backup while training my munna and piplup (if I used it all, can't really remember as it was about a year ago...)

cooloolcool
14th March 2012, 3:09 AM
I did, but I got a better Water Typre then Samurott

thetifftiff
14th March 2012, 3:25 AM
Until I played Black I had never so much as considered dumping my starter when it comes to in game battles. When I played Black I wanted to do a mono-type run and went with bug, obviously my tepig didn't fit the criteria.

Aquarelle
14th March 2012, 3:26 AM
I used my Serperior in Black, but only because Black was my first game of Gen V so I didn't have another game to trade a team over. I don't use my starter anymore now that I have a better team.

In White, I dumped my starter before the second Gym since I traded a team over from Black.

G50
14th March 2012, 3:34 AM
I constantly always use my starter in the run-throughs of Pokemon B&W. Unlike other games though, I use them alongside the Elemental monkies to make the game easier to go through and battling so much easier. I don't think there has ever been a time that I don't use my Starter all the way through in-game.

cannibaleyes
14th March 2012, 3:35 AM
I usually solo the game with my starter and then put it in my box after that.

Admon_Gold
14th March 2012, 3:48 AM
I had to keep my starter, Snivy, all the way through, he was the one I could rely on most, even through the Elite Four with an underpowered team, thankfully EV training him in attack was easy considering Sandile is susceptible to grass attacks, I littered Route 4 with their fainted bodies, he was the first one to receive all his EVs out of my standard team. The other half of his training was in speed, he's at Level 55 with a speed of 173 compared to my Level 58 Zekrom with a speed of 134, and my Level 57 Cobalion with a speed of 149... He's almost guaranteed to strike first even against almost all of the Level 65-75 Pokemon post-Elite Four...

Needless to say, my Serperior named Doja has been with me from the start and he will be with me at the end, and maybe his offspring will be with me at the beginning of BW2 :P

Epouvantail
14th March 2012, 4:15 AM
I used my Oshawott my first time through White, but I've only used my starter once out of my seven runs through Black.

Alyss
14th March 2012, 5:23 AM
My starter is my main Pokémon for all of my games. The only time I didn't use my starter was in LeafGreen. My starter was Ivysaur at the time and I was training my Spearow. Somehow I became attached to it and decided to go with it instead of the Ivysaur. To give my Fearow credit it was actually a very good Pokémon.

drago0n
14th March 2012, 5:27 AM
I used the starter in Black because he was my HM slame....samurott is an awesome HM slave, Cut, Strength, Surf, Waterfall or Dive. Although not necessary in black.

TDawg
14th March 2012, 5:28 AM
5th Gen is the first gen where I didn't use a starter. I opted out because Oshawott is the only cool one to me and I don't like it's evolutions. I have used the starters from 1st to 4th gen though.

IceMage88
14th March 2012, 5:28 AM
I'm kinda nostalgic when it comes to my starters. In-game, I always use them, always have, always will. They are always used even post game. To top it off, there are 2 levels higher than that version's legendary, who is 1 level higher than all of my other pokemon. Ya, i'm weird like this. I also don't really restart pokemon games, so I'm not sure if i'd use them the second time around or not.

Archangel Armada
14th March 2012, 7:27 AM
Yeah I stick with my starter even after the E4. I would feel bad if I just left it on the PC if he has been the one there with me on my adventure through the region.

LightningRevolver
14th March 2012, 10:39 AM
I carry my starter around post-main game mainly because they have sentimental value, I suppose? I get attached to some pokemon after using them for a while; they just seem sort of... Familiar, I guess.
I agree with Whimsicotton. I always kept my starter ever since I played Pokemon. (I already played Emerald, LeafGreen and Black). And I dunno but I always pick water-type starters.

SasoriSand
14th March 2012, 11:56 AM
Of course I used my starter's. Serperior was definatly superior to my othr pokmon.

Schade
14th March 2012, 12:46 PM
Uhm, yeah. Gay Bacon is my teams powerhouse.

Ponymon
14th March 2012, 1:48 PM
i did but then when i had beaten the game i decided i didnt want a farting pig on my team anymore cos its too slow but i still use it the occasional time

Kats28
14th March 2012, 11:16 PM
I used my snivy until shortly after I beat the elite 4. I still use Serperior once in a while but I like to try train my other pokemon after I beat the elite 4.

Torpoleon
15th March 2012, 1:47 AM
Of course. My starter is always a valuable part of my team in any of my Pokémon games.

Kaze512
15th March 2012, 1:48 AM
I always used my starter for the entire time I am playing the game. However, I am ready to pc it for good, now that I have a Charazard and it's almost at a good level to hold its own.

AutumnShantel
15th March 2012, 12:34 PM
The first playthrough, I used WaterOtter (forgot the real name, but not the nickname I gave him lol) but I just restarted and I ditched Tepig because I didn't feel like restarting for a good nature. With the past two gens, I'm starting to like the starters less.

WaterTypesFTW
15th March 2012, 2:33 PM
I usually do keep my starter in every Pokemon game... except Pokemon White. I started with Snivy and evolved it into Servine but I could never really get into using it so I caught a bunch of Pokemon for my team and I put Servine right into my PC. It's still a Servine too, I kind of feel bad. But I honestly can't get into using any of the 5th Gen starters...

Prison Mike
15th March 2012, 2:37 PM
I don't think mine's ever left my team. My Samurott is a beast. Last night on random matchup, it survived a dragon gem Outrage from a Garchomp, and took it down with ice beam. Then the person I beat ragequitted -.-

Shockking
15th March 2012, 5:03 PM
I used it in my playthrough but now it just stays in my box as it isn't EV trained and I have lots of better Pokemon. I have been thinking about making a Trick Room team though and if I did that I could retrain the Pokemon I chose (Emboar) and nickname it the same thing, and then use it on that team :)

Klinklang_1024
15th March 2012, 7:29 PM
I start off keeping my starter, but then I get bored of it and don't use it after that. Then I get bored of my team and start again, it's ridiculous.......

Meowth City
15th March 2012, 7:56 PM
Typically throughout the game, I have my starter in my team at all times. However, there are times where I have decided to replace it with another Pokemon.

Mister_SGG
15th March 2012, 9:51 PM
I used it, and I use it. It's my strongest Pokemon.

JustifiedTerrakion
15th March 2012, 10:07 PM
I love my starter Pokemon!I always use it when facing the Elite Four and it was the third Pokemon I got to Level 100.I chose Snivy over the others because I had reset the game twice and played with Tepig and Oshawott and I thought,''Why not try Snivy,doofus?'',and I chose it and I love it for it's mad speed.And because it's a snake.I didn't choose Turtwig in D/P though;I chose Chimchar because I liked the Fire/Fighting type it would become when it evolved into Monferno.I then transferred it to White at Lv89

Lorde
15th March 2012, 10:08 PM
I only use my Starter Pokemon in my main Black version. In my other Black version and White version, I use Pokemon that I've caught and raised. The reason being that I dislike the Starters in this generation, except Oshawott, but I've already used the Oshawott evolutionary line many times.

SuperEpicRock
15th March 2012, 10:34 PM
I used two, actually. My starter was Tepig, but I transferred an Oshawott to my game, too. I really liked the look of both of them.

Zenfen
17th March 2012, 3:25 AM
Nope i dont use my starters each game ussually has a nice psychic in the begging or if i can i transfer/trade and never touch them unless i use them for the hm.

Midnight_Warrior
18th March 2012, 12:02 AM
I used to, but I don't anymore. I chose Snivy as my starter. I loved my Serperior, but as I caught more pokemon, I began to use it less.

thatjeremykid
18th March 2012, 1:35 AM
i don't use any of mine competitively. in-game, yea i use them all the way through, but once the E4 is done, they're boxed forever.

Sceptile Master
18th March 2012, 2:21 AM
I always use my starters in my [final] team. This case being I picked Snivy.

Serebii!
18th March 2012, 6:09 AM
Started with Oshawott, now got a Samurott level 64 that I always have in my party

Katherine1973
18th March 2012, 1:23 PM
I started White with Tepig, and kept him through his evolutions, but after I beat the Elite 4, N, and whats-his-name(N's dad or whatever, I can't remember his name), I caught Volcaroa and boxed Emboar up.

jstinftw!
18th March 2012, 1:42 PM
Yup! Emboar's one of my favorite Pokemon, so I stuck to him. I want to use him competitively, but Scrafty's a better fit for my team, so for now, he's just an in-game Pokemon for me. :/

Eranu™
18th March 2012, 2:00 PM
The first run i did. After that i dropped them in the box.

James the Gambler
18th March 2012, 8:16 PM
I chose Tepig because I've always started with the fire type, but I kinda felt like they got bored with the set up introduced with Blaziken in 3rd gen. Fire/fight felt like great offensive typing to me, so I wasn't surprised to see that Infernape got OU last gen and Blaziken was FINALLY put where he should have been in the first place: Uber. I remember having Ninjask on my team for the sole purpose of speed boost Baton Passing into Blaziken and destroying teams super fast :3 Emboar though....... I dunno. The change from fast sweeper to trick room sweeper was a tad odd, but E4 crumbles under BulldozeBoar and Ghettis has a hard time dealing with a Reniculous-Emboar trick room tag team blowing through his team >:3

Pika ruler
19th March 2012, 2:37 AM
yes, Starter pokemon are always with me. My Samurott is at Lv. 72 and I'm still charging.

Smithson
20th March 2012, 9:34 AM
I picked Oshawott and now have a level 67 Samurott

GameMaster10
20th March 2012, 10:34 AM
I always try to collect a full set of starters from trades at the very start of the game and I use them constantly, all the way up to Lv. 100

SneaselClaw
20th March 2012, 11:18 AM
I tend to use mine until at least the Elite 4, if only for the sake of not having to train a new one I caught.
Although Emboar's feeling a lit, lackluster, at the moment. Once I'm done with Ghetsis I'll probably swap him out for a Darmanitan

MastersOfMonsters
20th March 2012, 11:45 AM
I Always uses my Starter. It doesn't feel right without it~

Though, for the first time ever, i think i might stop using it, cuz' Serperios... isn't good. Mine has 4 Grass moves, and i have no idea how to make it good... -.-

Pkmn Breeder Jack
20th March 2012, 4:47 PM
Yeah, still have that old pig on my team. He's been a bit lackluster though, as his defenses suck.

MegaSerperior
20th March 2012, 4:51 PM
I always keep my starter with me for the whole game unless im breeding with them. I love my starters and they usually become my most reliable pokemon.

Guywhoiam
23rd March 2012, 2:18 AM
Yes, I do! My Serperior has earned his place on my team time and time again.

AscendingFire
23rd March 2012, 2:30 AM
Yep, good ol' Emboar's still there. He's actually my favorite team member.

ForgottenPearl
23rd March 2012, 4:10 PM
I loved my Snivy as I played through the game. I didn't evolve him for a long time just because I thought he was cute. ^_^ Although grass types are weak against a lot of different types, I still found him useful: I'd often use leech seed and giga drain to keep him going for a long time. I can't say I played the game much after I made it through the main story, so I don't know if I'd keep using my Serperior or not... even if he's cool-looking.

Sillybeans
24th March 2012, 7:26 AM
I like to limit myself a little when playing games. I Switch out my starter early on (level 11 on diamond & level 9 on Ruby for Shinx/Ralts). Also I Don't use legendarys either... got all but Dialga (whos level 50) at their captured level... Roar of time was just to much fun :P

Shade2000
24th March 2012, 8:57 AM
yes, i used my samurott all the way through the game and still use her now after i have trained her to lv100, my reason being because she was my starter and i used her all the way through the game because you have to use them towards the start of the game which gets them some levels hen they learn some good moves and then i cant stop using them because theyre level thirty!

Trot Away
25th March 2012, 2:51 AM
I use my starter all the time, in game and online,i don't know how, but it means a lot to me

diamondpearl876
25th March 2012, 5:18 AM
Yeah, I used Oshawatt all the way through. Next time, I'm hoping to start with Snivy... but if I play again after that, I'll probably not use a starter.

Crimson101
25th March 2012, 6:34 AM
Yes I always use my starter. Even when I don't I just can't get rid of them in the game. They always end up being my strongest :P

ThievingHealer
25th March 2012, 6:36 AM
Every time I've ever play I never take my starter out of my team

LithiumC
25th March 2012, 7:44 AM
My starter is always named Catalysis, being the second in the Lithium_Catalysis pair, and is used throughout the storyline, yes.
In Black, I built my team around the fact that Serperior was an elegant, refined-looking Pokémon, and the other members of the storyline team had to match that. Unfortunately, he isn't used any longer, being replaced by RNGed heroes and heroines.
Still, I'll never forget him.

☭Secret_Shocker☭
25th March 2012, 8:13 AM
Yep, I still do but I ditch it in the other games.

Icy Meteor
25th March 2012, 12:47 PM
Oshawott stayed in my team, I've never actually ditched my starter in any of the games I've played, I think that because your starter is the first Pokémon you set out with it should automatically stay in your team.

Vitals
25th March 2012, 10:56 PM
Not really, I actually didn't enjoy the starters in BW. I started with Snivy, and she did me well, but I don't use her in most of my teams. However once DW Serperior shows up (if ever), I may or may not attempt to use the thing. I think the only time I've ever kept my starter was Fire Red and that was Charizard.

SilverSoulLugia
25th March 2012, 11:10 PM
I love my Serperior. XD He looked so classy in the Musicals as a Servine, with his top hat, cane and bowtie. Not too shabby a battler, and he's now the proud daddy of a few Snivy who got traded away in the GTS Negotiations.

...I have a stupid tendency to get attached to my starters.

★Midnight★
25th March 2012, 11:16 PM
I loved my Snivy as I played through the game. I didn't evolve him for a long time just because I thought he was cute. ^_^ Although grass types are weak against a lot of different types, I still found him useful: I'd often use leech seed and giga drain to keep him going for a long time. I can't say I played the game much after I made it through the main story, so I don't know if I'd keep using my Serperior or not... even if he's cool-looking.

I didn't evolve my snivy for a long time either, but when it was Serperior I only used it a little..I still like it though! :D

FrozenConstellation
26th March 2012, 12:27 AM
i used snivy
istill keep it cause its a really good
i trained hard and now its lvl100 seperier

Scrufox86
28th March 2012, 6:25 PM
I still used the starters but found that Tepig and evos were more versatile than Oshawott and evos. Never used Snivy and evos, thought pointless as the stats are useless if the movesets (or lack of) are limited. The starters this gen were quite disappointing for me and i think collectively they are the worst group of starters you could pick from. Such a shame because they did have potential when first revealed to be better but nope keep grass and water as pure types and re-use Fire/fighting for how many times now?

Pokémon Trainer J
28th March 2012, 7:30 PM
i don't like these starter trio at all, so i had to force myself to use him by getting a shiny one, his shinines motivated me to use him, any other way i think he would still be a Tepig in my PC

sAv1Or)
28th March 2012, 9:34 PM
I used my starters in and post game. In White it was Tepig and in Black it was Oshawott. I love using my Emboar because of his type coverage and handiness with an Expert Belt and Samurott because I love abusing Sword Dance in-game. At first I was skeptical about the 5th gen starters but it took me a short while to learn to love them and I'm happy I gave them that chance. They have not proved me wrong yet.

rovert
28th March 2012, 9:37 PM
I used my starter, to a point. I used it until I had beaten both elite fours and then I had better pokemon which I replaced them with. I normally do that unless the starter is amazing which none of the gen V ones were lol.

Skegs
28th March 2012, 11:30 PM
Yeah, I love Samurott a lot, so...

Shiny Rokon
29th March 2012, 1:20 AM
Yeah, I always use and keep my starter on my team, my favourite starter this gen was definitely Oshawott :)

Zaurfen
29th March 2012, 1:45 AM
i always keep my starter at least until the elite 4. i used serperior until i made a better team than what i had when i went through the story. i would've put a serperior in my new team if it had its dreamworld ability, but for some reason they have to hold his back along with most of the other pokemon...

Lucaren
29th March 2012, 4:13 AM
I used my starter until i beat the elite four. Then after that i just started to make different teams then i stopped using my starter.

Blitz Lucario
29th March 2012, 4:16 AM
Any starter that I pick in the game always stays with me where ever I go. It was my first Pokemon of that game and I don't know why I would want to get rid of it even after the story was complete.

SpencerJJ2
31st March 2012, 5:15 PM
I used my starter, and I'm using it until it reaches level 100. He and Stoutland are the defensive Pokemon I like to use on my in game team. (I picked Snivy, BTW).

blackterravolt
2nd April 2012, 5:07 PM
I picked Oshawott and used it (now a Samurott) until it was level 100. It currently resides in the PC. I plan to breed another OShawott but this time, I plan to have one with a good IV spread and egg moves. :)

ROBO PIKA Tek 2
4th April 2012, 11:56 PM
Yes, I make my team to revolve in a cycle that my starter works out in, as in:
Fire<Water Water<Grass Grass< Fire.

I chose Tepig BTW.

xXWhiteRayquazaXx
6th April 2012, 4:10 PM
i used it(oshawott) up until after the elite four, then i rarely used it.

Drdj11
7th April 2012, 2:58 AM
I used my until after game. But I used them in the after game until I got my first wifi team.
I haven't taken it out since then.
I should train to level 100 right now.

fame371
7th April 2012, 7:29 AM
i have always used my starter in any game i've had, no idea why

fame371
7th April 2012, 7:30 AM
yes. i started of with tepig and had now have a lvl 73 emboar

Atlidevil
7th April 2012, 8:48 AM
I will when I get it up until I have finished everything in the game and then move onto competitive. Choosing either Snivy or Tepig, most likely Tepig because it's just got better stats and movesets, plus Fire is hard to come by (I presume in the 5th gen too).

TuGaWaR 545
7th April 2012, 9:49 AM
I generally use the starter, but I just caught the cactuse thingy in the Desert Resort and am thinking about swapping them. Cacty has a lot better stats than Servine.

I started a new game.

Romain
7th April 2012, 3:12 PM
Well, I've just got White and have chosen to use Snivy. How long I shall stick with the little guy, I don't know. Will I evolve him? Nope.

TheEliteEmpoleon
7th April 2012, 3:17 PM
I used my starter. They are good pokemon, so I don't see a reason not to.

AWB
7th April 2012, 9:07 PM
I use all the Hoenn starters because they are my favorite generation triad, and also because they all are strong starters compared to the others (Or at least from my experience and research).

RatchetH22
7th April 2012, 10:31 PM
For White, I used Dewott
For my first Black, I chose Snivy!

Whiskas
7th April 2012, 10:49 PM
Yes, I used it 'till the very end.

~Darkfire~
7th April 2012, 11:04 PM
In my Black, I used all of the starters (I hatched them from eggs then traded them over) untill I beat the game. I haven't really played my Black much after that, so I guess I still use them.

I started with Oshawott in my White, and he's a valued member of my team. I have beaten the game and the champion with him, and continue to train him :3

SmartD
8th April 2012, 1:40 AM
I used my starter in my Pokemon White game. I always keep my starter on my team.

ShinyMienshao
8th April 2012, 3:21 AM
Of course I've kept my tepig,evolved to emboar, and beat ghetsis with him. Now he just sits in pc ready to be used when I'm doing wifi battles.

ParaChomp
8th April 2012, 3:24 AM
Released my Serperior.

John Wallrein
9th April 2012, 9:21 PM
i didnt. I thought they all looked kind of dumb. Snivy was alright but i still didnt keep it. I ditched them ASAP.

ZombifiedHorror1031
9th April 2012, 10:21 PM
In White, I chose Snivy, and am glad I did. I used it throughout the story, and it still remains on my team. She has sentimental value, and compliments different team builds I have.

In Black, I chose Oshawott. After the story, I relegated it to the PC Box. I have too many other Pokemon I can get more use from. I also hatched a shiny Tepig in Black, but due to its nature (Modest), I'll probably leave it unevolved. If I breed a better natured Tepig, I'll see how Emboar works out.

Calamity™
9th April 2012, 10:37 PM
Nope. I usually tend not to anyway but I really disliked this generations starters.

ShinyZorua28
9th April 2012, 10:44 PM
Kept my Oshawott until the very end and then some more. Now he is tied with my Volcarona as my Highest leveled pokemon on the team.

DarkCharizard2
9th April 2012, 11:47 PM
You bet I did! It was the first Gen. 5 Pokemon I got and it always holds a special place in my heart.

Minteh
10th April 2012, 12:15 AM
Well I always use my starter anyways. I had a Tepig for my starter as it was the only one who really appealed to me. I always keep my starters becasue they're the first pokemon I get and they mean a lot to me.

Mav-san
10th April 2012, 12:34 AM
My favorite is Snivy, but for some reason I chose Oshawott. I think it was a combo of "Snivy will get awesome Dream World ability" + "There ain't no Surf user on the team I want to gather", which is the team below on my sig. I regret it though, I like Serperior and in the end I wasn't much fond of Samurott. But I still used it, like I always use my starters. Feels so weird not using them, in the main storyline at least.

And yes, I know Haxorus can learn Surf. Actually, I only knew later, damn.

DiamondClass
11th April 2012, 5:00 AM
I use my starters a lot, especially the water types because of Surf. The only time I didn't really use my starters that much was this generation because I have obtained some pokemon I liked better.

EeveeSkitty
11th April 2012, 7:21 AM
I didn't use it on my first playthrough, but I did on my second. Unfortunately, it was lost in transfer, so I no longer have it. Poor Samurott ;/

Toraxchan
11th April 2012, 11:55 PM
You bet I did! Oshawott gets bad-to-the-bone as he levels. Plus, he's such a cutie. <3

Katsume
12th April 2012, 12:43 AM
Unfortunately, I just couldn't take my Serperior anymore. After the Ghetsis battle I boxed her for an Espeon and made Haxorus and Krookodile my co-leads. I just can't deal with her low Sp.Atk and Atk...she can barely make a dent in the post-game pokemon.

First time I ever did this.

corvette57
12th April 2012, 4:21 AM
I used my starter (Tepig) until i got a Darmanitan with higher ivs then it went straight into the box because i figured out that my Darmanitan had greater potential and mood than my Emboar did.

Indigoodra
13th April 2012, 9:17 PM
I used Samurott up until the Elite four, but after that, even during that, it really wasn't that useful :/

Dragonicwari
13th April 2012, 9:23 PM
In game I make sure my starter is my most used, as I have since I started playing. Out of game however (online) I never use starters unless they are beastly (blaziken, swampert, infernape)

GoldenMagikarp
13th April 2012, 10:11 PM
I used my starter (Snivy/Servine/Serperior) trought the whole game.

Princess Raspberyl
14th April 2012, 10:42 PM
I chose Tepig for a starter since I love fire types. Half the reason I kept it was because I always use my starter. The other half? ...I nicknamed it Bacon because of a Black and White comic I found on deviantart.

~Kari~
15th April 2012, 2:58 PM
I used/still use my Samurott. He's very useful.

Mav-san
15th April 2012, 3:06 PM
I agree that the starters are ridiculously weaker compared to the potential of Pokémon you can capture in the wild. I only kept my Samurott because I insist on using the starters, he was clearly dispensable. Game Freak should give them better typing combinations, stats distributions and movepools next time. They were clearly the weakest starters ever, when compared to the other Pokémon available for capture.

Agonist
15th April 2012, 3:12 PM
Yes, I normally solo the game with my starter.

JoeyGhost
17th April 2012, 4:04 AM
I used Arceus when I got the exp. share.

Serebii!
17th April 2012, 4:09 AM
Yes and many other Pokemon

cookies kill you
17th April 2012, 4:13 AM
yup always and forever

Ohitsdylan
17th April 2012, 4:21 AM
I keep my starter in my party until I beat the game. After that I start building teams for the metagames.

Klay
17th April 2012, 7:56 AM
Yesss, i say the starter help to built the rest of the team
SNIVY

Atlidevil
17th April 2012, 8:55 AM
Yeah, I got the game a few days ago and I'm using my badass-kills-everything-in-one-hit Emboar. But I'm guessing once I finish the story and every side quest and optional stuff in the game he goes to the box and will only be used to breed stronger offspring for competitive battling.

Demysta
17th April 2012, 9:23 AM
My wonderful little Serperior has earned a special place in my heart, and he'll probably stay in my team until I beat the Elite Four. Snivy was always my favorite for this gen just because of how smug and cute he is! :3 I do have Oshowotts and Tepigs on my file too, as well as some other starters, so I may raise them up a bit as well and maybe do a run against the E4 with nothing but my favorite starters. That might be a fun one to try! And of course my Serperior will lead this future star-spangled team!

Trainer ARORA
17th April 2012, 9:36 AM
I used my Serperior during the story and am still using him for casual battles. But, not for metagame though, I am still waiting for the contrary beast :)

JohnGazmon
17th April 2012, 11:23 AM
I used my Samurott in White and my Serperior in Black until after the Elite Four. Once i'd Transfered some of my favorite monsters from earlier Generations, I dropped Samurott for Swampert and Serperior for...well, for something that wasn't a grass type. Still, they're useful still due to their higher levels.

Shinku
17th April 2012, 3:37 PM
I usually use the starters, yes. Started off with a Tepig which is now a level 100 Emboar. I'll probably keep using the starters too until I manage to get one which I'm happy with ><

iPokemon
17th April 2012, 9:36 PM
Yup! My starter is awesome.

Syahrini
19th April 2012, 9:04 AM
i used samurrot (best HM slave starter >.<) in white. but in black, i dont use my starter. i changed it into shelmet and later accelgor! hahaha!!!

Gibran
19th April 2012, 9:08 AM
No i replaced it the second i got a chance i disliked the Black and White starters so i didn't use them plus i rarely use any starters anyways because it makes the in game a little too easy.

~EternalDarkness~
19th April 2012, 5:21 PM
I always use the starters, though I do tend to start using other pokemon once I beat the game.

SuperPichu
19th April 2012, 5:52 PM
I always use my starter,from the beginning,to the E4 and post-game.

thgeorge3765
20th April 2012, 3:59 PM
I am always using it and I thing it is good but in black&white I got the victini event and I used victini more than my starter

Cornelius
20th April 2012, 5:21 PM
I've always used my starters. The only starter that I would never use is Pikachu in Yellow. I used him anyway because I felt bad putting him in the PC box as a child.

Brew
21st April 2012, 7:32 AM
"Did you use your Starter?" (Snivy, Tepig, or Oshawott)

Yes! I love my Samurott <3 I used her to beat the Elite 4 and she helped me beat Cynthia. I'm thinking of breeding so I could give out baby Oshawotts on GTS and maybe maxing a Dewott. Reason: I really love the design and I felt like changing and using a Water-type this time instead of a Fire-type like I usually do.

Sadly, no. I only use her if I need a Water-type Pokemon for a certain use (ex. waterfall, dive) or if I need a Water-type for a challenge (ex. Battle Subway) Right now, I'm trying to train a Dark-type team to use against other players on Wi-Fi. It's proving to be quite the challenge though :/

TuGaWaR 545
21st April 2012, 8:32 AM
I stopped using my Samuot after I got Beartic. All I needed Samurot for was is surf and Beartic has better stats and can learn Surf.

Larry
22nd April 2012, 10:08 PM
Of course I used my starter. I'm using Snivy for the first time in my current playthough. The only reason I wouldn't use my starter is if I were doing a monotype challenge.

Krazy95
22nd April 2012, 10:13 PM
Ah, my starter (Oshawott) has no use for me anymore. The only types I run are Dark/Steel/Electric/Dragon/Fire/Flying. And I despise Tepig. My team very quickly lost Oshawott.

Aura Of Twilight
22nd April 2012, 10:23 PM
Sure did. :) I've been using Samuott since I first got the game, and have finally gotten its sp. Attack up pretty high.

charizarddude
23rd April 2012, 4:44 AM
Okay my starter was Tepig. I used it all the way until I was the champion and had caught every Unova pokemon (except Keldeo, Meloetta, and Genesect, of course). It's currently a level 96. Sadly for Emboar, I found a level 71 Serperior on the GTS and Emboar rarely comes out of Box 10 these days. Serperior, meanwhile, was trained to level 100 in a couple days. Now I just use legendary pokemon, so both my starters are in the PC. It's kinda sad. I do use Serperior in Random Matchups, though.

Anyway, I guess you could say that I trained my starters to a very high level and then abandoned them. (Samurott is an entirely different story, but I'm not going into that)

Zorocario
23rd April 2012, 4:54 AM
I always use my starter, Samurott defeated that pesky Hydreigon.

Adam.
23rd April 2012, 5:26 AM
Yes, actually. Until Oshawott's evolutionary line in Gen 5, I've never liked a starter enough to use it in my team. But I got an Oshawott, evolved it all the way to a Samurott (my favorite Pokemon, now), and it's the leader of my team. Kinda weird though, seeing as though I've NEVER used a starter, before.

atypicalorca
23rd April 2012, 4:44 PM
I tend to always keep my starter in my party. I grow attached to them, and all the starters are typically pretty powerful, so they're useful, too!

Räven
23rd April 2012, 8:47 PM
My team is in my sig. I use my starter because it is powerful, and is the first pokemon I got.

gamer_legend
23rd April 2012, 8:51 PM
I did. My starter was Tepig who after being able to destroy everything with Flare Blitz, Head Smash and Wild Charge left me with only one regret...wishing they had released it with the DW ability.

Tyoyo3131
23rd April 2012, 8:51 PM
I have played through three times, each using a different starter.

Oshawott- That thing was my best friend. He was awesome.

Tepig- Still, I kept it and its still awesome.

Snivy- After the second gym, I chucked it into the box and grabbed a Petlil. Seriously, it was the weakest thing ever.

Dr. Leggs
24th April 2012, 2:11 AM
I didn't, but I'm thinking of restarting my White soon and I plan on using Oshawott all the way through.

Nibbles4Ever
24th April 2012, 2:27 AM
So far I have used my starter on every playthrough of black and white.

32er
24th April 2012, 2:39 AM
I did the same thing I do in every Pokemon game since gen 3 -- Beat the game with that and my in-game team, then start building competitive and Battle Frontier/Subway teams.

Orcale999
26th April 2012, 2:24 AM
I only used my starter throughout the initial playthrough. The moment I beat the elite four, I put him into the labyrinth of my PC and never pay heed to it because I always seem to gain a liking for the underrated or rare pokemon and remake my team entirely.

Squirtodile
26th April 2012, 9:31 PM
I have my Emboar at level 85, but i don't use him much anymore.

Klinklang_1024
26th April 2012, 9:40 PM
In my current play through, I'm using my starter, Emboar, which is an absolute beast! I used him all the time at the start, not so much in the middle, and now evenly with everyone else, he's still a beast though

Archaic
27th April 2012, 12:19 AM
I use my Samurott sometimes. But Emboar just sucks...

snivy trainer
27th April 2012, 4:41 PM
I used my Serperior in White. It's beast!

(P.O.K.E.M.O.N)
28th April 2012, 11:15 AM
Yes although i wished i gave my emboar more attention, he got weak by the end of the game

Seles
2nd May 2012, 12:58 AM
I didn't use my starter after I beat white the first time.Now he's just in my pc never being used.

Ti4558
2nd May 2012, 3:52 AM
I haven't been using my starters a lot after I beat the E4, because the trainers pokemon have higher lvs than my pokemon, so I have to use the reshiram or zekrom, until the rest of my pokemon catch up:523:

grovyle1997
2nd May 2012, 4:00 PM
I Played with my starter (Tepig) through the game.
But now I don't use it anymore because I use my Team from Emerald in every new game.

OshyHikari
2nd May 2012, 11:44 PM
I used my Samurott throughout the game. He's still with me in the post-game.

Cressy
3rd May 2012, 2:38 AM
For white i have Tepig. I ditched him when it got to lvl 54. But like 4 months later i decided to max it. And i made the mistake of picking Snivy on Black. I ditched it at like lvl 21 after i traded over better pokemon. Worst starter ever lol

jwla
3rd May 2012, 2:52 AM
I usually like to play once or twice without my starter, but I just cannot decide which Pokemon to use instead. So every time I have played, I wound up keeping--and getting attached to--my starter Pokemon. I will have to give it a go without. Maybe when the new games are released, I will try it.

Cometstarlight
3rd May 2012, 2:55 AM
The starters were a bit...lackluster in my opinion this time around, but I used Samurott up and through the elite four until I got my mains from Diamond/Platinum etc. then it went in the box just b/c it wasn't the best. I didn't have a good team in White at all and Samurott, though I love it, just didn't have a good run

kaisap112
5th May 2012, 4:12 PM
I took the time and effort to get all the start Pokémon from the beginning (been doing this ever since Sapphire). I ended up putting my Samurott in the box and leaving it there...but the other two are in use a lot.

SimH8
5th May 2012, 11:04 PM
Serperior was probably the best performing pokemon during the story, especially as a Servine. Still find it very reliable

nandamaung
6th May 2012, 1:21 AM
I have my Serperior in the box where it has been since I beat the Elite Four and the Champion. It's not that I dont like it but I just made way for stronger Pokemon.

aguilas_hhh
18th May 2012, 2:02 AM
Yes i use it buy before of the E4

Ash Ketchum!
18th May 2012, 6:02 PM
I used my Samurott throughout the game. He's still with me in the post-game.

Walcott
19th May 2012, 5:05 AM
I always use my starters. Usually they fall behind, but for White my Samurott has been doing pretty great compared to others in previous games.

EmeraldPhoenix
19th May 2012, 5:41 AM
I pretty much always incorporate my starter into my team and use it throughout...

In White, I picked Oshawott and still use my Samurott to this day, when i'm not shiny hunting. I freaking love him! <3

I picked a Tepig in my Black originally, then sent it over to White so that I'd be able to get all three. Sadly, that Emboar got boxed at lvl 36 because I found a Litwick and fell in love. XD

The same fate befell the Serperior I used in my black on the second try, replaced by Ferroseed...

BUT, now I'm playing Black again (a few times later, actually) and actually using Serperior in my team, and despite not liking the pokemon much at all, it's actually earning its keep. :D

Shadowy Arceini
20th May 2012, 10:55 PM
In all my games, I always raise my starter to the highest level in my team and put it in the front, becuase I think that starter evolutions are really strong and useful.

noosh
21st May 2012, 12:32 AM
Played with my serperior pretty much up until I explored the remaining towns of the region... He was far more enjoyable to use than Samurott for me.

Stopped using him because he isn't EV trained or a super useful nature.

Nana
21st May 2012, 6:47 PM
I picked Snivy and was tempted to switch it out for Deerling, but I always feel the need to use my starters so I didn't. Since I hardly ever play the game, I'm still only up to Victory Road, and it's pretty much guaranteed I'll use Serperior until the game ends.

PKMNwalker
21st May 2012, 7:22 PM
Oyus I LOVE my Oshawott!

PickleBoy
21st May 2012, 7:39 PM
My ingame run of Black had Teh Pig, my Tepig, pretty much the whole way through until the part where I caught Reshiram. But I think I can still say I pretty much played the the whole game with my starter

redcharzard
21st May 2012, 7:48 PM
Oshawott was fun even though it had a sassy nature. I still use it for surfing while EV training for HP and Speed. I even Re-EV trained it for bulk and S.atk.

Sietse23
22nd May 2012, 3:18 AM
I used my Emboar for in-game but after that, I was looking for EV trained pokemon so he was just too weak...

Gas Snake X
22nd May 2012, 1:01 PM
Samurott was great up until I had 6+ Level 100's so he became less useful after post-game. He can however solo Cynthia XD

Nyarlathotep
23rd May 2012, 1:04 AM
In my first playthrough only.

The starters are pretty awesome in Unova, but I had others that I like more to put in my team.

Elisus
23rd May 2012, 4:16 AM
Yes, but I found that for the first time ever they weren't my most prominent Pokemon in use. In fact, right now right after beating the Elite 4 I believe my starter is in fourth place in regards to level.

BigHairPierre
23rd May 2012, 11:21 AM
I used my starter up until the E4, then I realized that my haxorous was really over leveled compared to all my other pokes. So I stopped using him and beat the E4 with just my dragon friend really. I was too lazy to train my other pokemon so that's why this happened! I usually don't do this in other pokemon games, guess I was just eager to see the ending.

PrinceGray
23rd May 2012, 12:42 PM
My starter is ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS one of my strongest pokes. All of my league teams have always been built around my starter.

~Sam~
23rd May 2012, 12:45 PM
after the elite 4 and east unova my whole team went into the box.

PKMNwalker
23rd May 2012, 1:51 PM
I'm hatching Oshawott eggs right now! XD

KantoMasta
25th May 2012, 12:10 AM
I used my Serperior up until right before the 8th gym, then I obtained a Ralts. I grinded that thing into a Garevoir, taught it a grass move, then it pretty much took over. I havent really used my starter since.

Noctali
25th May 2012, 12:21 AM
Yes. Pretty much in every game my starter stays in my team, though. It's rare that I take it out even if it's not that great of Pokemon (like if my particular starter's stats suck or something). I <3 my Serperior

The Rainbow
25th May 2012, 11:56 AM
I don't use my starter pokemon because well I don't like em. xD
I will carry the starter but never take out in gym or trainer battles. I just use him for HMs, catching low level pokemon or I just put him in the PC. =p

Gloryus
25th May 2012, 12:00 PM
Got rid of Emboar after beating the E4 to EV train some new Pokemon.

Eusphyra
26th May 2012, 3:20 PM
Oneshot the entire game after getting Ononox. no need for a starter (I chose snivy),
and I'm thinking in BW2, I'm not gonna use a starter either.
Just Koffing and Ampharos will do fine

(·-·)(o_O)
26th May 2012, 4:24 PM
Yup, I'm using my Emboar now but I might IV breed a tepig. . . . . .

SydneyIsSweet
27th May 2012, 7:12 AM
When ever I start a journey it either goes on of two ways- I grind my starter so it's way over leveled and everything else becomes HM slaves and totally weak while my starter sweeps everything, or- I build a team of even leveled pokemon along with my starter

Honestly. I feel like making my starter the star just works out better...

Dark Storm
27th May 2012, 12:55 PM
Only my Oshawott. I tried Tepig, but about 3/4 of the way through, I got sick of it being another Fire/Fighting combo. As for Snivy? Thing freaking sucks.

DCFan
27th May 2012, 4:33 PM
Yes..i always use my starter

fixthe_fernback
27th May 2012, 4:41 PM
I always raise my starter, and almost never raise another Pokemon of its type within my team. I've tried going without them, but it just feels so strange. Very unnatural.

James2344
28th May 2012, 5:12 AM
Used it until i got to the point where my team was being completly replaced 1 pokemon at a time, it was eventually replaced by my milotic which at the time was level 10 and is now level 100, this is actually normal cause i only have 1 pokemon in my team from the original elite 4 and that is Victini

SoulMuse
28th May 2012, 3:57 PM
I used my starter for the entire game, and even for a while post game, but after training it up to about level 68, I reached the conclusion that my Samurott was to slow to be useful, when taking into account it's defenses. Now he is boxed and replaced by one of my ever faithful Absol.

"Spite" DefaultAsAwesome
28th May 2012, 5:27 PM
I've played through 3 times, one with each starter. This time I'm trying to get in a rotation team with all the Pokemon I used during that time period plus some other Pokemon I like.

doodlecloud
28th May 2012, 9:25 PM
I intended my Samurott all the way to the Elite four but I ended up encountering a Shiny Palpitoad so he ended up as my Water type. ^w^

ThunderPuncher
29th May 2012, 12:02 AM
I always use my starter throughout the story in every game, it would feel weird not too.

The only time my starter gets boxed is when I start building competitive teams for Wifi battles.

DragonChampMorgan
29th May 2012, 12:43 AM
I usually use my starter until I beat the Elite Four. Then I usually replace it with a better pokemon. Like how i replaced my Emboar with my Shiny Charizard from my FireRed game long ago :)

Ropav
31st May 2012, 2:08 PM
yeah until I beat the elite four.

Dragalge
31st May 2012, 11:47 PM
used samurott in my Japanese pokemon white playthrough and wasn't as good as serperior since I could Leech seed and stall

Ash&Pikachu-Fan
4th July 2012, 9:56 PM
My starter Pokemon was an Oshawott and I continued on using it and still use it, its also part of my main team and guess what? its still an Oshawott xD

Zoruagible
4th July 2012, 10:06 PM
I've always used my starter

Sworn Metalhead
13th July 2012, 12:53 AM
Of course, the Tepig offered an early fire type poke for my party which is essential especially in the earlier stages of the games.

Avie
19th July 2012, 2:12 PM
Forever!!! *O* Starter is the starter!! XD

:497:

Wishing Star
19th July 2012, 7:13 PM
I don't know why, but Unova is the only region in which I didn't use my starter from time to time.
I just didn't feel the need to.

nekomi
20th July 2012, 12:34 AM
Yes, and I still use it now post-game. :)

rykerr1
20th July 2012, 12:35 AM
I used my starter (tepig) until after I beat the Elite Four. After that, I got a Chandelure and decided that I liked him better... but Emboar is still very cool!

Firebrand
20th July 2012, 1:29 AM
Yeah, my Samurott is still a viable member of my team. Might be that I also used him as the basis of a character in my fanfic, which is why I'm so attached but... I mean, come on. Samurott is cool.

GigaGalvantula
20th July 2012, 2:09 PM
Yeah Emboar still on the team. He sure was handy in the game. Yeah I know Fire/Fighting is a blah combination now but I really liked him. Everyone would love him if he had a different combination. I picked him since Emboar looks a lot like Ganon.

I want to use Samurott in Black/White 2.

midnightelise
20th July 2012, 2:32 PM
Used Tepig all the way through the Elite Four the first time; after that, I intended on using him but then I realized with Victini and Reshiram I had three fire-type pokemon on my team, so I switched him out and haven't taken him out of the box since.

Tiisko
20th July 2012, 3:11 PM
I used my starters throughout the game but post-game I find I box them, especially when I migrate my old team over from a earlier gen game.

The only starter I use in Black & White is Snivy even though its considered the weakest.

vespiqueen
20th July 2012, 3:15 PM
I boxed my Samurott for a Jellicent..

Ninja Dewott
20th July 2012, 3:18 PM
I don't get why people don't use Starters anyway. I mean, they're pretty strong, at least strong enough for in-game purposes, and they tend to be among the better-looking of pokemon.

CaptPonyholder
20th July 2012, 3:36 PM
So the question is, "Did you use your Starter?" (Snivy, Tepig, or Oshawott)
Also, please explain your reasoning!

Nnnnooooope.

I chose Oshawott because he was cute... sadly I was using Nuzlocke rules and he kinda... died.

Kanethedragon
20th July 2012, 3:43 PM
I usually use my starters throughout the game and postgame, even after I bring over my old teams. Though I haven't used my original blaziken starter in a long time. Btw I started out in gen III so yeah. I've only had 3 main starters (Blaziken, Empoleon, and Serperior) while I had the rest through a couple re-runs of emerald and platinum and I also have the gen one starters but I got them from Leaf Green and Fire Red so that doesn't exactly count since those are gen III games and wouldn't be considered ORIGINAL starters even though they are such in the dex and I got the Johto starters through GTS and Tepig and Oshawott through GTS.

EzzPeon
20th July 2012, 3:46 PM
I did. During my first playthrough I always do this, and actually most other times as well. I chose Snivy because I liked it and I still use it occasionally as Serperior post-game.
Starters are usually strong enough for the main storyline and by the time I 'beat' the game I'm so attachted to them that I keep using them. :p

Nacreous
20th July 2012, 4:19 PM
I don't get why people don't use Starters anyway. I mean, they're pretty strong, at least strong enough for in-game purposes, and they tend to be among the better-looking of pokemon.

I use my starter when I play for the first time and everything seems fresh and wonderful but after I reset and play a few more times,I try different teams without my starter.Starters aren't that amazing>.>Except for the ones in DPPt

AmusedMilk
20th July 2012, 4:27 PM
Of course! And it's my strongest one.

AllyNidhogg
20th July 2012, 4:29 PM
Yes, I did. I find the starters very fun to use and they contribute to the team well. Though a run without using a starter on my team sounds fun too.

Ashiya
21st July 2012, 1:51 AM
This is prob the first pokemon game in a long time... Were I actually picked a diff elemental pokemon than the usual type (like fire) I still use my Serperior even after finishing the game, so far it's around the 80's in level.

Amethyst Star
21st July 2012, 4:04 PM
I boxed my starter in two games and ended up regretting it. They're too useful, and it just didn't feel right.

soundxfury
21st July 2012, 7:12 PM
For Black/White I stopped using my starter as soon as I got my C-Gear. After that I traded over eggs of the Pokemon I wanted to use and hatched them.
I picked my starter just because I wanted to battle Cilan for the first gym haha.

For all other generations I always use my starter, but I just wasn't feeling it with these new ones.

dirkac
22nd July 2012, 11:34 AM
Yeah, I used my starter pokemon, I always do. I tend to never change the team that I planned ahead, I never seem to violate from it (Well, except for the whole switching out solosis, vannilite and pidove in favor of munna, cubchoo and ducklett thing).

lidaboy
22nd July 2012, 12:24 PM
after i beat the game i put my emboar back in the box i migrated others and then i used that team or the remainder of my game and trained others

Necro101
22nd July 2012, 1:59 PM
I used my starter in White but, not in Black.
I am still using my serperior in White and my Oshowatt is in a box still lv 12.

RAWK ON

Chrosion
22nd July 2012, 2:29 PM
Yup. I love my starters, so I ALWAYS use my starter forever. :)

Turnip King
23rd July 2012, 1:10 AM
I used my Serperior for the story and two times post-game in the leauge. Now he's replaced by a properly EV trained Vileplume as the official grass type. Got a Feraligatr in my team tho. So there is that.

Cometstarlight
23rd July 2012, 1:15 AM
I always take my starter with me in every time I play, but idk, I felt like I had horrible luck with my team the entire game and when I beat the main story, I just about boxed all of them. Heck, I like Samurott, but mine sucked since I got a terrible nature. : ( So after it hit lvl 70, I boxed it and its been there for a while.

EnigmaticNightRain
23rd July 2012, 2:15 AM
Yes, since I like Samurott, it has good enough moves for me. :P

Redphienix
23rd July 2012, 3:40 AM
Used Samurott all the way through on the first run through of E4, N, etc.

After beating the 'game' I used him for only a short time more, soon throwing him in my box and never taking him back out.

Sorta a habit to use the starter for first playthrough.

EptyK
24th July 2012, 6:12 PM
Im using my lvl 59 samurott but after you beat the game they feel more shallow except for the hoenn starters but that's getting off topic.

Rarity
24th July 2012, 9:30 PM
I love my Samurott so i stuck to using him and still do occasionally

Tommi
25th July 2012, 12:08 AM
First time where I did not enjoy using the starters, and I placed it quickly in the pc as soon as I beat the Elite Four. In all the other generations, I used them until they were maxed out.

Frost471
25th July 2012, 7:12 AM
Yup, I used my Samurott until the end. Hell, I still have it in my party as we speak.

sozan
26th July 2012, 2:01 PM
dumped my serperior while training for victory road, the first game i picked something other than water is the first game i didnt use my starter to the end

SoulSilverMstr411
26th July 2012, 2:11 PM
I use them throughout the game. Yes, even Snivy.

5sniperwolf
28th July 2012, 10:23 PM
just started my pokemon black game, and i pretty much like dewott (just getting to the 4th gym) its a nice water pokemon

Zijena
29th July 2012, 5:47 PM
I've used both Samurott and Serperior in-game, Tepig is in my PC and is barely used. I still can't cope with the fact that we got yet another Fire/Fighting-type, I really was hoping for something new. Samurott is by now one of my favorite Pokés ever, I love Serperior's design but it's a bit harder to use.

MetalSonic
29th July 2012, 5:50 PM
Sub Seeding Serp.