PDA

View Full Version : My first teams for the battle subway

pela
15th March 2012, 1:49 AM
Well, I'm doing my first team for the battle subway both for doubles and singes. I think I have my doubles team set out pretty nicely but I'm having troubles with my singles team. Any help for either team is appreciated

Singles

Virizion w/ Leftovers
Justified
Bashful (Already caught it, nothing I can do about it now)
252 atk/252 speed/ 4hp
Swords Dance
Giga Impact/ Sacred Sword
Stone Edge
Leaf Blade/Grass Knot

Pretty standard, swords dance pumps up the attack. Some STAB moves and stone edge which takes care of the flying threat.

Water Machine Rotom w/ Choice scarf
Levitate
Modest
252 sp atk/252 speed/ 4 hp
Volt Switch
Hydro Pump
Light Screen
Reflect

Rotom takes care of the both fire and flying which really affect Virizion. STAB moves, and the screen pops up both defenses.

I don't know how to fill up my third spot, I'm open about changing Rotom but I don't want to change Virizion since it is one of my favourites. I was considering maybe a Starmie or Slowking instead of Rotom. For the third spot I was considering a Haxorous or a Ninetinales. Ninetales would work with drought but my water pokemon would suffer.

Doubles

Magnezone w/ Light Clay
Analytic
Modest/Quiet
252 sp atk/ 25 sp def/ 231 hp
Light Screen
Reflect
Volt Switch
Flash Cannon

Throw megnezone first and set up the screens, then bolt switch out for other pokemon to do more damage.

Gengar w/ Leftovers
Levitate
Modest
252 sp atk/ 252 speed/ 4 hp
Shadow Ball
Will-o-wisp
Energy Ball
Ice beam

The Ice beam and energy ball protects me from ground pokemon who threaten Magnezone. Still won't be as fast as Excadrill though. Shadow Ball is STAB and will-o-wisp is always useful.

Blaziken w/ Quick Claw
Speed Boost
Naive
252 atk/ 252 speed/ 4 hp
Swords Dance
Hi Jump Kick
Flare Blitz
Thunder punch

Well Blaziken is just a physical sweeper, and thunder punch is good for water enemies.

Hydreigon w/ Expert Belt
Levitate
Modest
252 sp atk/ 252 speed/ 4 hp
Dark Pulse
Surf
Charge Beam
Outrage

Hydreigon covers some of the weaknesses that blaziken suffers from. I thought about giving him sunny day but that would hinder surf.

Vulcan_Apocalypse
15th March 2012, 2:01 AM
Well, for one, if you are running virizon then using droughttales only ups the power of supereffetive attacks on it, so i wouldnt recommend that. The set you have for virizon cant really be converted into a CM set, since its already EV-d and everything, but you might look into close combat, and i would suggest not using Giga Impact.

davidchu
15th March 2012, 2:03 AM
Maybe you could use swampert since you don't really have a ground type yet

pela
15th March 2012, 2:11 AM
Maybe you could use swampert since you don't really have a ground type yet

For doubles or singles ?

Well, for one, if you are running virizon then using droughttales only ups the power of supereffetive attacks on it, so i wouldnt recommend that. The set you have for virizon cant really be converted into a CM set, since its already EV-d and everything, but you might look into close combat, and i would suggest not using Giga Impact.

Oh yes, I completely overlooked that disadvantage of drought. I haven't EV-d it yet, I have it caught but that's what Im planning on doing so it isn't set on stone. Close combat is a good idea.

Vulcan_Apocalypse
15th March 2012, 2:16 AM
Well it works well on a weather-focused team but on a random team then usually there are better options. As soon as I get some time ill post some viable team options.

davidchu
15th March 2012, 2:20 AM
For doubles or singles ?

Never mind Swampert can't learn screens

And from my experience, Starmie is fragile so it's not that great

pela
15th March 2012, 2:45 AM
Never mind Swampert can't learn screens

Yeah that makes sense, I prefer the washer rotom anyways.

Well it works well on a weather-focused team but on a random team then usually there are better options. As soon as I get some time ill post some viable team options.

Thanks ! I appreciate it

davidchu
15th March 2012, 2:47 AM
You could go for a bulky Lapras or Kingdra if you decide not to use rotom

ShiftyDragonair
15th March 2012, 3:12 AM
You should slap a Choice Band or Life Orb on that Blaziken if you have either.

Kansas_Rocks!
15th March 2012, 3:33 AM
Speed boost blaziken cannot legitemately have thunderpunch, so you will need a replacement move. I would recommend a rock move. Also, scarfing a dual screener is a big no-no. Use light clay on rotom.

EDIT: Gengar cannot learn ice beam, so that also needs replacing. Also, hydreigon's last move should be dragon pulse, as outrage is a physical move and modest lowers attack, and dragon pulse is a special move, and modest raises special attack.

pela
15th March 2012, 3:45 AM
Speed boost blaziken cannot legitemately have thunderpunch, so you will need a replacement move. I would recommend a rock move. Also, scarfing a dual screener is a big no-no. Use light clay on rotom.

EDIT: Gengar cannot learn ice beam, so that also needs replacing. Also, hydreigon's last move should be dragon pulse, as outrage is a physical move and modest lowers attack, and dragon pulse is a special move, and modest raises special attack.

Ahh okay, Ill switch up the light clay between magnezone and rotom.
I don't know why I thought gengar could learn ice beam.
Good point on the dragon pulse.

You should slap a Choice Band or Life Orb on that Blaziken if you have either.

Good idea, but Im trying to make it as fast as possible.

You could go for a bulky Lapras or Kingdra if you decide not to use rotom
Great idea, I can also get use ice moves instead of the electric moves from rotom

Sohryu
15th March 2012, 4:12 AM
Virizion@Leftovers
EV's: 252 Atk, 252 Hp
~Swords Dance
~Substitute
~Close Combat
~Return/Stone Edge
Oh...Virizion ridiculous Movepool, wont let she do much. Substitute protect you from Haxing, so consider him.
Rotom-W@Choice Scarf
Bold Nature
EV's: 252 Sp Def, 252 Def
~Trick
~Thunder Wave/Will-o-Wisp
~Flash
~Light Screen/Reflect
Oh! Rotom-W is amazing as a lead ^^
Will o Wisp can be used over Thunder Wave, thats a matter of Choice...
If you don't understand something, just ask ^^

pela
15th March 2012, 6:12 AM
^^
Great idea using the trick with will-o-wisp, definitely a nice option as a lead =]

I was thinking using my shiny bisharp as a third option.
She's docile
252 atk/ 252 speed/ 4 hp
night slash
swords dance
psycho cut
iron head

the base 125 attack is pretty nice but that's about it. No powerful moves since she was bred with psycho cut instead of sucker punch, but that was to avoid getting wiped by fighting types

Sohryu
15th March 2012, 8:27 AM
Bisharp would be a great addiction on this team, he have a very good movepool. Nice choice.
1:
Bisharp@Leftovers
EV's: 200 Atk. 100 Def. 200 Sp def
Thats a hard EV's spread, if you don't like it go with; 252 Atk 252 Def
~Swords dance
~Iron head
~Night Slash
~Substitute/Low Sweep/Stone Edge
No really changes, only thing you should notice, is that Fighting types would not be a real problem, a STAB from Iron Head would nearly OHKO them, and the coverage that Dark+Psychic would provide isn't that great, so you can go with Stone edge/Low Sweep, Low sweep is also preffered, since it lowers the foe speed ^^
Or you can go with Substitute, so you get a free Swords dance, and it only needs 2 or 1 boost for sweeping with a amazing attack stat...
I am really liking your team.
All the Best ^^

Vulcan_Apocalypse
15th March 2012, 2:33 PM

Actually, Starmie is a great pokemon to use, it has good move options and a great speed stat along with a good SP. A. Granted it isnt great at every situation and you need to make it fit on your team, but dont discount it so easily. As to what Akanajo said, pretty much everything is on point, from my personal experience in the Subway Substitutes are hard to set up without being broken, but if you can get one off and a boost its worth it.

EDIT: Just Btw, heres a good set to use on Starmie:
Starmie @ Leftovers (Life orb if you want more damage and dont mind the fragility)
252 SP. A, 252 Spe, 4 SP D. (pretty standard, maxing out power and speed. If you want to go a little bulkier, you could split Evs between Sp A, Speed, and HP.)
Ability: Natural Cure (its only useful ability)
Nature: Timid ( Or modest, its up to you)
-Hydro Pump/Surf/Scald ( Basically depends on how you want to play starmie)
-Ice Beam
-Thunderbolt ( A classic coverage combo)
-Recover (Reliable healing)
So, this set works best as a revenge killer with great speed and power. But you can modify it to be a little bulkier if you wish by switching up the EVs and giving him scald. Hope this helps :)

pela
16th March 2012, 2:17 AM
So, this set works best as a revenge killer with great speed and power. But you can modify it to be a little bulkier if you wish by switching up the EVs and giving him scald. Hope this helps :)
I think I'll either use that starmie or a kingdra, but they're pretty much the same. Thanks a lot !

Bisharp would be a great addiction on this team, he have a very good movepool. Nice choice.
1:
Bisharp@Leftovers
EV's: 200 Atk. 100 Def. 200 Sp def
Thats a hard EV's spread, if you don't like it go with; 252 Atk 252 Def
~Swords dance
~Iron head
~Night Slash
~Substitute/Low Sweep/Stone Edge
No really changes, only thing you should notice, is that Fighting types would not be a real problem, a STAB from Iron Head would nearly OHKO them, and the coverage that Dark+Psychic would provide isn't that great, so you can go with Stone edge/Low Sweep, Low sweep is also preffered, since it lowers the foe speed ^^
Or you can go with Substitute, so you get a free Swords dance, and it only needs 2 or 1 boost for sweeping with a amazing attack stat...
I am really liking your team.
All the Best ^^

Well its already ev tained 252 atk/ 252 speed. I'll probably end up using substitute then for the free swords dance, thanks a bunch!

Vulcan_Apocalypse
16th March 2012, 2:54 AM
No problem, glad I could provide some assistance.

Sohryu
16th March 2012, 4:45 AM
I think Starmie isn't that great alongside Rotom-Washer.
Kingdra would be a great addiction, he only have 1 weakness: Dragon.
Kingdra@Lum Berry
Jolly Nature
EV's: 252 Atk. 252 Speed
~Dragon Dance
~Waterfall
~Outrage
~Substitute
Kingdra don't are the best option for Lum Berry Outrage, but he can do the job very well alongside Dragon Dance, Substitute and Jolly nature.
And Vulcan_Apocalypse, Revenge Killer Starmie would want a Choice Specs, simple because of power and she speed ;)

Vulcan_Apocalypse
16th March 2012, 3:32 PM
That also works well as an option, yes.