PDA

View Full Version : BS-Double's Drizzle Team

Xx_BS-TyKi_xX
16th March 2012, 5:53 AM
Hello, this is me, making another Battle Subway team, in this moment over the Super Double line; first of nothing I'm pretty bad at doubles, so don't imagine a super team or anything is just a normal teal (33 streak +/-) I want to be a better Double battle player (:

Ok, after thah blah blah blah, here's the team.

1.-
;186;
Politoed (M) @Leftovers
Trait: Drizzle
Nature: Calm
EVs: 58 HP / 200 Sp Atk / 252 SpDef
- Toxic
- Scald
- Ice Beam
- Protect
~The reason of the team, I know the EV Spread is pretty bad and everything, but with Calm+252SpDef+58HP it has survived no stab T-Bolt, the Scald+Ice Beam gives me a good combo, and the Toxic Stall is a good option, I use Scald over Hydro Pump or Surf to hit Steels ;D

2.-
;272;
Mariachi (M) @Life Orb
Trait: Swift Swim
Nature: Modest
EVs: 4HP / 252 SpAtk / 252 Speed
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Focus Blast
- Energy Ball
~The special sweeper of the team, Focus Blast is for hitting the annoying Ferrothorn -.- the other moves talk for themselves, nothing to say.

3.-
;212;
RustN'Dead (F) @Metronome
Trait: Technichian
Nature: Jolly
EVs: 4HP / 252 Attack / 252 Speed
- Swords Dance
- Bullet Punch
- Bug Bite
- Pursuit
~ Nothing much to say about her, I will only replace her not the moves c:

4.-
;141;
Kabutops (F) @Focus Sash
Trait: Swift Swim
Nature: Adamant
EVs: 4HP / 252 Attack / 252 Speed
- Waterfall
- Rock Slide
- X-Scissor
- Swords Dance / Protect / Another thing
~ I would replace SD when I'm on Doubles, because she couldn't get the bonus on the Double battle, so another good move for her, is a really good help ^^

Treaths:
1.- Choice Scarf Manectric
2.- Steels (Scizor, Ferrothorn, Bronzong)
3.- Kingdra
4.- Gyarados

Rain-Dnite, KIngdra, Tornadus

~Any help will be so apreciated (sorry if I mispelled the word) see ya and Thank you >u<

Pidj
16th March 2012, 8:36 PM
I like the originality of this team. But I think you're missing moves that'll hit both of your opponents at the same time (I'm really talking about using surf here!)

I ran a similar starter duo to you for my rain streak (the teams posted in the battle subways records thread) and I was usually at a 4-3 or even 4-2 advantage after the first turn due to me just surfing like crazy!

In fact 3 out of my 4 ran surf and the 4th poke benefitted every time it was hit by a surf.

In summary I like the ideas but I think you need to be dealing out more damage than you're currently doing. I'd be interested to hear how you get on with these sets because I like the approach.

Good luck!

Xx_BS-TyKi_xX
17th March 2012, 4:17 AM
Using Surf is a good idea, maybe, I would replace Hydro on Ludicolo with Surf to test it and see how long I could reach

Aura Sensei™
17th March 2012, 4:44 PM
I would say that maybe you should replace Kabutops with Kingdra.Kingdra in the rain with Swift Swim and Dragon Dance is just amazing.

• Kingdra @ Chesto Berry
• Swift Swim
• Adamant
• 252 EVs Att. 252 EVs Speed 6 EVs HP
~ Dragon Dance
~ Outrage
~ Waterfall
~ Rest

Just a matter of preference,you don't have to change.

Xx_BS-TyKi_xX
18th March 2012, 2:31 AM
A ChestoRester Kingdra is a good option, I'm trying to use a Modest Kingdra, I would test it c: when I can

Aura Sensei™
18th March 2012, 4:59 PM
You could also run it with Modest like this:

Kingdra @Leftovers
Modest Nature
-Swift Swim-
~Surf
~Ice Beam
~Dragon Pulse
~Protect

Protect with Lefties is simply so that you can get a free turn to heal if necessary.

Earthbound Sun
18th March 2012, 9:37 PM
Use Scald or Hydro Pump in doubles, unless you have water absorb and such. It'll hit your teammate as well.

Choose between Scizor or Kabutops, don't use both. They're far too similar in the rain; Scizor is a bit more defensive, and Kabutops is a bit more offensive.
I suggest a powerful mixed sweeper like Dragonite as an alternative. As such, Scizor would be the superior partner, for their resistances compliment each other.

Now individually:
Toxicstall Politoed seems a bit odd, considering you're doing doubles, but that's fine I guess.

Ludicolo's fine.

]Scizor@Leftovers/Life Orb/Muscle Band
]Adamant | Technician
248Hp | 252Atk | 4Def | 4Spe
• Bullet Punch
• Brick Break / Rock Smash
• Swords Dance
• Roost / Bug Bite

Let me explain: 248EVs let Scizor recover 1/15 HP each turn with Leftovers each turn, that's roughly 2% better. Might as well sacrifice one point to recover more each turn. Maximum attack is obvious, and 4Spe will be enough to beat any other base 65 speed pokemon in the Subway. Practically none of them run any speed EVs when they're that slow. The rest goes into Defense, or whatever you want. Rely on Bullet Punch as per usual, but you won't need Pursuit or Bug Bite. The CPU doesn't switch often and steel types laugh at you. Roost capitalizes on your near invincibility in the rain, use it if at all possible; it's no longer a TM in 5th gen. Otherwise use Bug Bite.

Kabutops looks fine, just switch Life Orb to him and a Specs to Ludicolo if you're in doubles. I suggest this because Kabutops is much more reliable with a Rain+STAB+Flinch Waterfall than Focus Miss and Hydro Pump. With a set of Choice Specs that unreliability can at least yield worthy results.

]Dragonite@Choice Scarf / Leftovers or Shell Bell
]Lonely / Adamant | Multiscale
252Atk | 98Sp.A | 160Spe
• Outrage
• Earthquake
• Waterfall / Aqua Tail
• Hurricane / Dragon Dance

Beats any Tornadus/Thundurus and all but one of the four Landorus sets in the Subway, naturally, the rest is put into atk and s.atk.
The bolded items can only be used when together, and if someone else is using Lefties just use Shell Bell. It's better than nothing.

Here are a couple resources you can look through.

All Battle Subway sets. (http://members.shaw.ca/teamrocketelite/BattleSubwayData6.txt)

Threatlist by Trainer and category. (http://serebii.net/blackwhite/subway/)