PDA

View Full Version : Easy Captures

tylerowicz
16th March 2012, 7:51 AM
Hey guys, I just captured Kyurem. I got him to really low health and he still resisted 35 ultra balls. I ran out so I figured I might as well use my poke balls otherwise I'll just reset and try again. I caught him after 5 poke balls.

I was just curious to see if anyone else has caught really hard legendary pokemon with a poke ball really easily?

Smokeout Slawth
17th March 2012, 3:59 AM
Yes, I have caught legends after using just a few balls and I have had to reset 3-5 times because I either ran out of balls or they struggled themselves to death. It is extremely luck based and random at times.

GregoryZoroark
17th March 2012, 4:08 AM
Chuggaaconroy(Awesome youtuber) caught Suicune in like 2 pokeballs on his Crystal.

nickdagamer777
17th March 2012, 4:27 AM
sometimes you get automatic captures but it is extremely rare

GregoryZoroark
17th March 2012, 4:44 AM
I am pretty sure it has the same rate as a master ball failing, which is like .000000001! So yeah.

Pokemonpal7
17th March 2012, 4:49 AM
It isn't programmed for a Master Ball to fail, I think. Oh, and I was getting really annoyed with Virizion, so I threw a Quick All after lots of resets, and got it one go.

FE21
17th March 2012, 5:39 AM
I was wondering myself a while back because I caught all my legendarys in pokeballs that were way too (seemingly) weak for them. This same anomally occured in Heartgold, and more recently White. I don"t know why, but when a legendary is really beat up (very low Hp, status condition, etc.) pokeballs like ultra balls may be "too strong" for them. It's no glitch, consitering the fact that this has been happening at least since Platinum. When ultra balls fail, I try great balls, and it seems to work.

G50
17th March 2012, 9:01 AM
On one lucky occasion, I caught a Tornadus with a Pokeball. Sometimes luck comes at strange times.

donphant
17th March 2012, 10:50 AM
it was weird with my white games captures the hardest capture was Terrakion, which took a few attemps
all the others took one.

Neferka
18th March 2012, 7:21 AM
I am pretty sure it has the same rate as a master ball failing, which is like .000000001! So yeah.

I've had a few auto-captures so far so I think that statistic is wrong.

VIA
18th March 2012, 7:21 PM
I was wondering myself a while back because I caught all my legendarys in pokeballs that were way too (seemingly) weak for them. This same anomally occured in Heartgold, and more recently White. I don"t know why, but when a legendary is really beat up (very low Hp, status condition, etc.) pokeballs like ultra balls may be "too strong" for them. It's no glitch, consitering the fact that this has been happening at least since Platinum. When ultra balls fail, I try great balls, and it seems to work.

Thats all luck. In the coding Ultra Balls will always be better than great or pokeballs. No matter what. There is no to strong for them or anything. Its just luck so stop acting like you know what you are talking about.

2rsa
18th March 2012, 8:00 PM
I was lucky at capturing my Victini.I think i got him on the second premier ball.

Shine
18th March 2012, 9:19 PM

One, it's not "automatic", Critical Capture (http://www.serebii.net/blackwhite/capture.shtml) still can fail.

Two, the chance for it to happen depends on your Pokedex, read the article.

Three, the Master Ball is specifically coded to never fail, it completely bypass the capturing calculation.

on topic, when I was SR-ing for a good Nature on Kyurem, I always easily captured it within a Premier Ball or Luxury Ball, both having the same capture chance as a standard Poke Ball.

zozo
19th March 2012, 6:40 AM
I've only once had an "easy" legendary pokemon capture. And that was Darkrai, back in Platinum. I saved in front of it, then saw that I only had crummy pokemon in my team that wouldn't be able to whittle it down properly. I didn't want to bother running out and grabbing more suitable pokemon, so I figured I'd just use 2 Quick balls, then SR until I caught it. My third or fourth attempt did the trick, by far my easiest capture.

I'm the person that ALWAYS either faints the pokemon (because the only status I can inflict happens to be poison), allows the pokemon to faint itself (either through recoil damage or Struggle), or runs out of pokeballs (and I usually carry over thirty of various types of balls at any time). I've never been able to catch a legendary in a great ball, pokeball, premier ball, or luxury ball. I guess I just don't have the patience for that. :)

Centipod128
19th March 2012, 6:47 AM
I caught reshiram all 3 times i battled him in 1 ultra ball :)

thatjeremykid
19th March 2012, 4:23 PM
Since Diamond I caught all of the mascot legends within 3 turns with one or two pokeballs. dialga, lugia, zekrom, i think i was just way lucky.

Rolik
19th March 2012, 7:59 PM
In pokemon Gold I caught my Ho-Oh using a pokeball.

AutumnShantel
19th March 2012, 10:09 PM
I've had critical capture fail me twice so far... But I caught alot of my legends with quick balls.

deoxysdude94
19th March 2012, 10:13 PM
I caught mewtwo in SS using only 2 dusk balls. That's it.

Whimsical
19th March 2012, 11:32 PM
Palkia was super easy. I was joking around and threw a pokeball on the first turn and it actually caught it.
Shocked.

FrozenConstellation
19th March 2012, 11:43 PM
I caught Reshiram with 3 dusk balls and i caught kyogre with 1 net ball
in white i caught zekrom with a pokeball
sheer luck i think.

Trinimaster.
19th March 2012, 11:45 PM
Caught a mewtwo once after 10 pokeballs was thrown,obviously I had to lower his health first

FE21
21st March 2012, 1:04 AM
Thats all luck. In the coding Ultra Balls will always be better than great or pokeballs. No matter what. There is no to strong for them or anything. Its just luck so stop acting like you know what you are talking about.

I know exactly what I'm talking about! I dare anyone to try to catch a legendary without using ultraballs and see how poorly (or not) they do!

Shine
21st March 2012, 9:42 AM
Just a note for everyone : Dialga, Palkia, Reshiram, and Zekrom have high catch rate.

Dia/Pal has 30 catch rate, Resh/Zek are even higher, it's 45.

So it's normal if they are much easier to capture than the other legendaries.

Agonist
21st March 2012, 10:00 AM
Caught my Terrakion and Kyurem in a Premier, and Dive Ball, respectively, each in the first ball.

waterpokemonrule
21st March 2012, 3:24 PM
I only catch my pokemon with pokeballs, even the roamers. Thundurus took me a while to catch since Watchog was the only fast pokemon I had that can use mean look and Watchog obviously has pretty bad defenses.

Easiest capture for me was probably Terrakion in a pokeball. Got it after about 5 pokeballs on the first try :)

jeffdavid102
21st March 2012, 5:17 PM
On Platinum, I went to Spear Pillar with the Lustrous and Adamant Orbs. First, Palkia's pink portal appeared. Right away I threw a dusk ball. Caught it on the first turn. Left Spear Pillar and re-entered right away. Dialga's blue portal was there. Threw a dusk ball and caught him right away. This was at night so the dusk balls were powerful but it was freaky.

ShinyMienshao
8th April 2012, 4:13 AM
Reshiram+Hypnosis+Red Health+Ultra Ball=First Try

Archangel Armada
8th April 2012, 7:09 AM
The only easy capture I got was Kyogre in Sapphire with a Net Ball on my first try :P I was proud of it... but I don't have it anymore DX

Guywhoiam
8th April 2012, 8:28 AM
Back in Pearl I caught Palkia with a Quickball right at the beginning of the battle. It was... anticlimactic.

PopPrincess_Lyra
8th April 2012, 11:42 PM
Caught Zekrom with a healball the first try, nya~

floodz66
9th April 2012, 2:01 AM
I caught a Entei with 1 great ball after getting him at half health with Crobat.

I love Crobat.

Whiskas
9th April 2012, 2:14 AM
Well I caught a Latias with a Heal Ball. In the first try.

John Wallrein
9th April 2012, 6:12 AM
I had a similar situation with Kyurem. I realizes I only had like 5 ultra balls in stock though and after those were gone I got it within a few pokeballs.

DiamondClass
9th April 2012, 6:16 AM
The easiest has been Kyurem. Other legendary pokemon take me tens of ultraballs, this one only took me 2. I was like, lucky me.

LightningRevolver
9th April 2012, 11:20 AM
Heh! I caught Reshiram and Tornadus in one go with a Quick Ball!

airaid
10th April 2012, 11:56 PM

I can guarantee you that automatic captures are nowhere near that rare - I've had far too many.

In Black, it took me ~3 Ultra Balls before I got Kyurem with one of these.

DMerle
11th April 2012, 12:05 AM
Kyurem was a piece of cake lol, i was expecting like how hard Rayquaza was in ruby/sapphire then i throw like 4 ultra balls and i'm like, wait that's it? I may regret saying this but i kinda miss those hard captures where you've got to reset like 10 times before you get it.

DiamondClass
11th April 2012, 5:26 AM
Kyurem was a piece of cake lol, i was expecting like how hard Rayquaza was in ruby/sapphire then i throw like 4 ultra balls and i'm like, wait that's it? I may regret saying this but i kinda miss those hard captures where you've got to reset like 10 times before you get it.

I think the programmers may have made Kyurem easy to capture compared to the other legendaries because it's supposed to be an "incomplete" pokemon. Every other legendary has been a challenge to capture one way or another.

greatguy
11th April 2012, 5:30 AM
I had just SRed for the umpteenth time for Giratina and my sis caught it in a Poke ball.

Ventana
11th April 2012, 7:43 AM
I just hold 'B' right when the Pokeball hits the Pokemon! Works every time.

Aura Flare Riolu
11th April 2012, 8:19 AM
Kyurem. Full Health. No Status Problems. PokeBall. 2nd turn. Not once but twice. Thank you and goodnight.

Qmaz246
12th April 2012, 3:15 PM
For Stage one Pokemon other then Legendary's, i always use a Quick Ball,

DMerle
13th April 2012, 12:59 AM
First thing i do when i'm trying to catch a strong/hard pokemon is paralyze it, this is gonna give you a higher capture rate as well as cutting there speed way down (and making them miss odd-hits.) At that point if it's a high level pokemon i'm gonna switch to my haxorus use a couple of swords dance, then false swipe until it has 1 HP, obviously it's a bit harder with ghost pokemon as false swipe doesn't effect but you can usually find a move that gets them down to about 1/4.

Too Funk to Druck
13th April 2012, 1:05 AM
I caught Volcarona in a Heal Ball at full health. That was only because I was stupid enough to let it use Quiver Dance a bunch of times, and it was OHKOing my whole party.

dewey911p
13th April 2012, 1:18 AM
i got lucky twice recently in HG/SS. I was trying to catch Articuno and i weakened it, put it to sleep (or maybe paralyzed it i dont recall) and was prepared for about an hour of throwing balls and resetting. Much to my delighted surprise i managed to catch him with just one dive ball. A few Days later i went to get Ho-oh. Again i false swiped it down to one Hp and then i went to put it to sleep. Unfortunately Ho-oh used safeguard when i set in my Spore user. So i was sitting there thinking what to do now and i decided that the best thing to do would be to chuck friend balls at him until safeguard wore off. Again, much to my delighted surprise he was caught after just the one ball :)

It was a nice change of pace for my luck because every other legend struggled it self to death multiple times before submitting :/

TheEliteEmpoleon
13th April 2012, 6:08 AM
Well I catch everything in plain pokeballs, and its especially hard with shinies.

cabooseman
16th April 2012, 10:36 PM
I went to catch Kyurem without knowing that I only had 1 pokeball on me and a master ball.... so I was like.. whatever.. i'll just reset if i cant catch him... and POOOOOOOF i caught him with the first pokeball. yup.

Ponymon
17th April 2012, 5:31 PM
I caught Tornados on my first encounter with it in an ultra ball

x-sayrie-x
29th April 2012, 9:12 PM
Unfortunately, I've had no such easy captures. Thundurus was especially painful to capture ;n;

SpencerJJ2
30th April 2012, 1:31 PM
I have caught Dialga, Palkia, Coballion, and Zekrom in one quick ball. I got Lugia in one heavy ball.

Larry
30th April 2012, 11:55 PM
The easiest capture I ever got in in my White version was Virizion. I threw one poke Ball when it was in yellow HP and paralyzed.

EmeraldPhoenix
1st May 2012, 12:04 AM
Kyurem was really easy for me on White... I knocked him down to the red in one hit, then caught him with one Quick Ball. XD

☭Secret_Shocker☭
1st May 2012, 11:07 AM
It was some 3 years ago, I caught Kyogre with a single Net ball in emerald.

Cressy
4th May 2012, 2:02 AM
When i went to catch Cobalion i caught it in like 5 balls. I caught Virizion with my first ball.

empoleon49
4th May 2012, 11:58 AM
I caught Zekrom with 2 Ultra Balls. I only had 3, and I expected I would have to rest, but I caught it in 2.