PDA

View Full Version : Battle Subway Team / In-Game Team

Abbey Mae
17th March 2012, 8:27 PM
Man, I haven't posted anything in a really long time.

So... hello! I've been looking to make a Battle Subway team for a long time. I figure I'll combine it with my In-Game Team, so it probably makes sense if I post them both in one thread.

The first three are in-game only, the last three are in-game AND Battle Subway.

Here we go:

;025; Pikachu @ Light Ball (I have no idea how to get one. If I can't I'll just... maybe I could do Eviolite for awhile, or Amulet coin since it's in-game. Eh.)
Lightningrod / Static
Naive nature / 252SpA/252Spe/4Def
-Fake Out
-Thunderbolt
-Volt Switch
-Grass Knot

Running Naive instead of Timid for the extra Fake Out power. Pikachu's so frail anyway.

I just like Pikachu - I mean, who doesn't? - and so I thought I'd make it my leading Pokemon in-game.

Fake Out is always fun to troll with. Thunderbolt, pretty standard. Volt Switch so I can just Fake Out and switch out - I trained a Mienshao with Fake Out / U-turn and I loved having fun with it. I forgot that Strength is useless after you push the boulders in, so I replaced with Grass Knot.

Lightningrod is the preferred ability, but if I can't get it I can always deal with Static.

;235; Smeargle @ Mystic Water/Muscle Band
Ability?
Jolly nature / 252Spe/252Def/4HP
-Cut
-Dive
-Fly
-Waterfall

HM Slave, anyone? I figure I might give him an item and make him a little more useful in battle. Mystic Water would power up Dive and Waterfall, but Muscle Band would slightly power up his entire set.

Technician would give Cut a boost and make it, you know, SLIGHTLY less useless. Own Tempo would prevent confusion. Moody could be interesting even if I can't Sub+Protect or Baton Pass the boosts. I guess it doesn't make a huge difference, but I'd like to make Smeargle almost useful for an HM Slave. Which one is best, or does it even really matter?

;034; Nidoking @ Life Orb / ???
Sheer Force / Poison Point
Timid nature / 252Spe/252SpA/4HP
-Surf
-Earth Power
-Sludge Wave
-Ice Beam

Fairly similar to the Smogon set except for the addition of Surf, which I need because it's an HM. The first three moves already get perfect neutral coverage. Decided on Ice Beam as the fourth move.

Once again, the DW ability is the preferred one.

If I get Sheer Force, I'll probably run Life Orb because of all the extra power (depending on how awesome Nidoking turns out to be, I may throw him into the Subway every now and again). Otherwise, I'm not sure. Suggestions?

---

And now for the Battle Subway team:

Basically the whole point of this team is to hit hard, but survive - in other words, I like my tanks. It's fairly balanced. All of the Pokemon here have a high Atk and/or SpA stat. All of them are fairly defensive, and their strategies are geared as such. None of them are very fast, but they don't really NEED to be.

;376; Metagross @ Occa Berry / Air Balloon / Wide Lens
Clear Body
Adamant nature / 252HP/252Atk/4Spe
-Zen Headbutt
-Meteor Mash
-Earthquake
-Bullet Punch

Bullet Punch is priority, Meteor Mash is for neutral coverage but also can raise Metagross's attack stat. Earthquake is just a solid move in general, but I might switch it for something else, depending on just how prevalent Air Balloon is among enemy Pokes. Zen Headbutt instead of Stealth Rock for dual STAB. I'm so used to competitive play I didn't realize that SR is not quite as important in Battle Subway.

Occa Berry or Air Balloon depending on what I feel like and which is easier to get. Wide Lens is just an option, but I'll probably go with one of the former.

;350; Milotic @ Leftovers
Marvel Scale
Bold nature / 248HP/252Def/8Spe
-Recover
-Scald
-Ice Beam
-Dragon Pulse / HP Electric?

Since I'm going for slightly less of a stall-based idea and more for bulky offense, Milotic seemed to make more sense than Vaporeon (which sucks because I already trained a Vaporeon. Oh well). With Recover (instead of Wish+Protect) I have room for three moves that get pretty decent coverage.

As for Dragon Pulse, I'm pretty set on it, but HP Electric is also an interesting option. Which do you think?

Also. Is Slowbro a viable option? Regenerator is great for bulk, but Slowbro's typing isn't quite as good.

;149; Dragonite @ Shell Bell/Sitrus berry
Multiscale
Adamant nature / 252HP/252Atk/4Spe
-Dragon Dance
-Dragon Claw
-Fire Punch
-Earthquake

Shell bell so it can heal without leftovers (and as it hits harder, it'll heal more). Sitrus berry still a possibility.

It's the Logan DNite set, basically.

With Multiscale it can get one Dragon Dance in easily (and probably even more) and then it can sweep. 252HP for a added bulk, 252Atk for added power.

--

So that's it! I now turn it over to you...

EDIT: 10:52AM. Changes in bold.

hydreigonpwns206
17th March 2012, 8:48 PM
I'm not sure about most of this (not great with RMTs), but if you don't mind me asking, why Timid on Pikachu? With no Atk EVs and a Timid Nature, Fake Out will barely be doing any damage, even with the boost from Light Ball. If you need the Speed boost, go for a Naive or Hasty Nature. Pikachu won't be surviving anything without Eviolite anyway.

Meeeps
17th March 2012, 9:40 PM
How do you get a Light Ball on B/W anyways?

If you're going to run Stealth Rocks and Roar on your Subway team, you could considering making a Sandstorm team and using this -
Garchomp @ Brightpowder
Sand Veil
Jolly
252/0/6/0/0/252
Roar
Dragon Tail
Rest
Sleep Talk
Rest for healing, Sleep Talk for 2/3 phazing without -6 priority. 40% chance of not being hit with sandstorm and Brightpowder. Phazing before they attack is amazing, it means they cannot attack so you get off free stealth rocks and sandstorm damage 2/3 of the time.

davidchu
18th March 2012, 12:57 AM
Apparently (according to bulbapedia) you can only get light balls in event pikachus

oh well good luck
too bad this isn't heartgold or soulsilver, or else you could just rob red XD

Abbey Mae
18th March 2012, 1:00 AM
I'm not sure about most of this (not great with RMTs), but if you don't mind me asking, why Timid on Pikachu? With no Atk EVs and a Timid Nature, Fake Out will barely be doing any damage, even with the boost from Light Ball. If you need the Speed boost, go for a Naive or Hasty Nature. Pikachu won't be surviving anything without Eviolite anyway.

Good call... I was focusing more on the flinch power of Fake Out than its actual power, but you're right. :)

How do you get a Light Ball on B/W anyways?

If you're going to run Stealth Rocks and Roar on your Subway team, you could considering making a Sandstorm team and using this -
Garchomp @ Brightpowder
Sand Veil
Jolly
252/0/6/0/0/252
Roar
Dragon Tail
Rest
Sleep Talk
Rest for healing, Sleep Talk for 2/3 phazing without -6 priority. 40% chance of not being hit with sandstorm and Brightpowder. Phazing before they attack is amazing, it means they cannot attack so you get off free stealth rocks and sandstorm damage 2/3 of the time.

That is an inspiring set and it makes me want to make another BS team based on it. Which I will do. In the meantime, I removed SR and Roar from this team and made some other changes.

Abbey Mae
18th March 2012, 1:09 AM
Apparently (according to bulbapedia) you can only get light balls in event pikachus

oh well good luck
too bad this isn't heartgold or soulsilver, or else you could just rob red XD

I really doubt anyone's gonna be willing to trade over a Light ball unless they get something REALLY REALLY good in return, too.
I don't have anything REALLY REALLY good. Unless someone wants a shiny Woobat. Or a shiny Tangrowth.
UGHHH I guess I'll just have to deal with some other item until then...

I already even HAVE a light ball, in Pearl. DXX

davidchu
18th March 2012, 1:10 AM
If you don't care about the defense on your pikachu (which by looking at the EVs I think you don't)
You could just run a Raichu with the exact same set
you could even get rid of fake out and give Raichu choice specs

(give raichu focus blast to kill rock/ground types by the way)

Aura Sensei™
18th March 2012, 1:16 AM
Definetly don't run Modest on D-Nite.It's Attack is much better,so run this:

Dragonite
Adamant Nature
~ Dragon Dance
~ Dragon Claw
~ Earthquake
~ Fire Punch

DD to boost Attack and Speed,the rest is for coverage.

Sohryu
18th March 2012, 1:29 AM
Milotic@Leftovers
Modest Nature
~Ice beam
~Surf/Scald
~Toxic
~Protect
Milotic only works that way :P
You still can go with Dragon pulse, but Ice beam are covering Dragons...
Or go with a HP Eletric, for a boltbeam combo.
Any question, just ask ^^
And go with Logan D-nite.

Abbey Mae
18th March 2012, 1:36 AM
Definetly don't run Modest on D-Nite.It's Attack is much better,so run this:

Dragonite
Adamant Nature
~ Dragon Dance
~ Dragon Claw
~ Earthquake
~ Fire Punch

DD to boost Attack and Speed,the rest is for coverage.

Good point. At first I turned down DDnite because I was never very good with boosting sweepers competitively, but with Multiscale I could get one boost in without sustaining too much damage.

I'm still thinking about it, debating the usefulness of Thunder Wave and all, but if I decide to go with your suggestion I'm definitely going for the bulky set and running Roost instead of Earthquake.

Incidentally, would a bulky set like the one I have above, but with an Adamant nature and Dragon Claw / Fire Punch be viable? I'd get extra power if I run physical, but I'd still get the same general function as the set I already have.

Shine
18th March 2012, 2:00 AM
Ice Beam for Nidoking's last move, Ice has a great coverage alongside with Ground.

Pikachu
Naive Nature
~Fake Out
~Grass Knot
~Thunderbolt
~Brick Break

There's absolutely no point in Strength after you pushed all the rocks down the hole, as they permanently remains inside the hole.
Grass Knot and Brick Break for coverage.

For the Light Ball, try the GTS? That's how I got mine, and it's not even on a Pikachu lol.

davidchu
18th March 2012, 2:33 AM
Ice Beam for Nidoking's last move, Ice has a great coverage alongside with Ground.

Pikachu
Naive Nature
~Fake Out
~Grass Knot
~Thunderbolt
~Brick Break

There's absolutely no point in Strength after you pushed all the rocks down the hole, as they permanently remains inside the hole.
Grass Knot and Brick Break for coverage.

For the Light Ball, try the GTS? That's how I got mine, and it's not even on a Pikachu lol.

But if you get a raichu (considering that the author doesn't mind the un-cuteness)
you only get -10 special attack
and you get an extra slot for items
and you can use focus blast instead
isn't it better? (still if you like ash and pikachu's cute then...)

Sohryu
18th March 2012, 7:46 AM
Good point. At first I turned down DDnite because I was never very good with boosting sweepers competitively, but with Multiscale I could get one boost in without sustaining too much damage.

I'm still thinking about it, debating the usefulness of Thunder Wave and all, but if I decide to go with your suggestion I'm definitely going for the bulky set and running Roost instead of Earthquake.

Incidentally, would a bulky set like the one I have above, but with an Adamant nature and Dragon Claw / Fire Punch be viable? I'd get extra power if I run physical, but I'd still get the same general function as the set I already have.

I think you don't need Roost. With the apropriate team support, Leftovers would recover part of his HP, making multiscale a better ability. If you run Roost instead of Earthquake, you get walled pretty easy by Heatran.
I think Logan D-Nite Is the best here, since he wont get walled :P

Abbey Mae
18th March 2012, 5:57 PM
I think you don't need Roost. With the apropriate team support, Leftovers would recover part of his HP, making multiscale a better ability. If you run Roost instead of Earthquake, you get walled pretty easy by Heatran.
I think Logan D-Nite Is the best here, since he wont get walled :P

Point taken. I'm going with Logan Dnite.