PDA

View Full Version : Planeswalkers (Discussion Thread)

Kamotz
22nd March 2012, 4:21 AM
Planeswalkers
A Magic: the Gathering RPG
Rated PG-13 for violence, language, and mature situations
Approved by: me, Kamotz

This is where I will divulge to all the players various bits of information, where you can ask questions about certain events, and we can coordinate storylines, character development, and all that other RPG goodness. For convinience, I've included most of the information from the sign-up sheet in this same post, but have trimmed down the bit on what each color of magic represents, and have provided links to information on different Planes to save space and character-limit

=====Information=====

Planeswalkers:
Planeswalkers are among the most powerful beings in the Multiverse, and can be born at random in any sentient race, with no outward signs of their latent power. However, there is a one in a million chance that any given sentient, natural being will be born with a Planeswalker's spark. When that being is put through a period of extreme stress—in many cases death—the spark can trigger, causing the individual to ascend and become a Planeswalker.

The defining trait of Planeswalkers is the ability to travel between separate universes with ease, while the vast majority of people throughout the Multiverse are not even aware that other worlds beside their own exist.

In the past, the Planeswalkers of old were nearly-omnipotent, immortal beings, but a cataclysmic shift in the Multiverse changed the nature of the Planeswalker spark. The new breed of Planeswalkers no longer display the near-omnipotence of their predecessors (and surviving old Planeswalkers do not possess the abilities they once had). While they are usually powerful mages, they are still physical beings that in general age normally, can be harmed, and need the same sustenance as other mortals. This is in stark contrast to the earlier Planeswalkers. Some of them have managed to suppress or avoid some of these limitation by magical means; however, these are specific to each Planeswalker.

Planes:
A plane is a self-contained world or universe of any size found within the Multiverse. While planes can be governed by any conceivable set of rules and natural laws, or even indeed inconceivable ones, most planes visited in the storyline are comfortably similar to Earth.

Natural planes are naturally occurring worlds that just came into existence at some point. Most known planes just have one central, populated world, and the entire plane is typically named after it. However, it is possible that in vast universes with billions galaxies and stars, other populated worlds also exist.

There are also artificial planes, worlds created usually by the Planeswalkers of old through sheer will. The creator of such a world defines all of its rules. These planes however, are unstable and eventually collapse if there is nothing that would sustain their existence (like constant flow of mana, or technical means). It has been theorized that several new-breed Planeswalkers might be able to create an artificial plane by combining their powers.

Several Known Planes:
Alara (http://www.wizards.com/Magic/Multiverse/Planes.aspx?plane=alara)
Dominaria (http://www.wizards.com/Magic/Multiverse/Planes.aspx?plane=dominaria)
Innistrad (http://www.wizards.com/Magic/Multiverse/Planes.aspx?plane=innistrad)
Kamigawa (http://www.wizards.com/Magic/Multiverse/Planes.aspx?plane=kamigawa)
Lorwyn/Shadowmoor (http://www.wizards.com/Magic/Multiverse/Planes.aspx?plane=lorwyn_shadowmoor)
Mirrodin (http://www.wizards.com/Magic/Multiverse/Planes.aspx?plane=mirrodin)(now New Phyrexia)
New Phyrexia (http://wiki.mtgsalvation.com/article/New_Phyrexia_%28plane%29) (formerly Mirrodin)
Ravnica (http://www.wizards.com/Magic/Multiverse/Planes.aspx?plane=ravnica)
Zendikar (http://www.wizards.com/Magic/Multiverse/Planes.aspx?plane=zendikar)

Cooperville (http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?562981-Planeswalkers-Sign-Ups-(a-Magic-the-Gathering-RPG)&p=14231672#post14231672)

Mana:
Mages and planeswalkers of the Multiverse can cast a vast array of spells—they can drain the life of a foe, supplement their allies with arcane strength, even summon a dragon. But all magic requires mana. Mana is the magical energy that powers spells. Where do you get it? Mana comes from the land. Mages must know a place to gather mana from it. Mana is scarce, so mages don't have infinite energy to cast spells. Mana is the magical energy fueling spells of spellcasters. It is also deeply interconnected with life-force in every plane, and it can take that role by itself as well. When there is no mana in an area, everything dies, and where mana's density is very low, lifeforms become emaciated and weak.
There are five colors of mana, and each comes from a different type of land:
White - Plains
Blue - Islands
Black - Swamps
Red - Mountains
Green - Forests

==========
Five Colors of Magic:

White: White puts value in the group, the community, and its civilization as a whole. White's ultimate goal is peace, harmony, and perfection — a world where everyone gets along and no one seeks to disturb the bonds of unity that White had worked so long to forge. To govern and protect its community, White makes use of and puts value in a number of broad concepts; morality (ethics, grace, truth), order (law, discipline, duty), uniformity (conformity, religion), and structure (government, planning, reason).

Blue: Blue is the color that looks on the world and sees opportunity. For Blue, life is a chance to contemplate oneself, and what is possible, and to bring about the best of both. Implicitly, in that general world view, Blue believes in tabula rasa: it sees in each thing, the potential for being anything. One need only understand how, to make the change. So with this ill-formed goal before it, Blue reasons that if it is to make itself better, it must become capable of everything it could be capable of, for that is to "merely add" to its own capabilities. Blue believes it can't possibly be bad to acquire the potential for any conscious action. Thus, Blue, believing it is capable of changing anything if it understands the change, and believing it is imperative that it acquire every capability it could have, concludes that it is imperative that it understand change. Moreover, Blue decides that it must understand everything; for truly, understanding can only improve one's effectiveness in any task. To gain understanding, Blue must acquire knowledge. Since knowledge itself will inform every other decision, Blue forms its principle goal: omniscience, the knowledge of all.

Black:Black is the color of self-indulgence, parasitism, amorality and unfettered desire for power. It believes that the world is made for its taking and that the weak exist to be exploited by the strong. The essence of Black is to see one's own ego as so supremely invaluable, that the prospect of enslavement, of subordinating that ego to another, is utterly inadmissible. So, to be in accord with its perceptions and beliefs, Black simply must discard all obligations but to acquire power for itself. It can be no less than the one supreme being who is subordinate to no other, the possessor of all power in the universe - it must become omnipotent.

Red:Above all else, red values freedom of expression. It wants to do what it wants, when it wants, to whom it wants, and nobody can tell it otherwise. It believes that life would be much more fun if everyone stopped caring about rules, laws and personal appearances and just spent their time indulging their desires. This leads into red's other core value: chaos. Red sees order of any kind as pointlessly inhibiting, believing that only through embracing anarchy could everyone really be free to enjoy life to the fullest. Finally, red is the color of immediate action and immediate gratification. If it wants something it will act on its impulses and take it, regardless of the consequences.

Green: Green is the color of nature, growth, interdependence and instinct. It believes that obedience the natural order alone is the best way to exist and thus favors a simplistic way of living in harmony with the rest of the world. This can often lead to it be perceived as a pacifistic color, as it does not seek to make conflict with the other colors as long as they leave it alone and do not disrespect nature. However, it is fierce when it feels threatened and can be predatory and aggressive if its instincts dictate.

==========

Spells and Summoning:
Summoning is the process by which a magic-user calls forth, or 'summons' a creature to do their bidding. summoning involves the creation of a faux entity based on the concept of that creature, which is pulled from the Ćther. These summoned creatures have no will of their own, and vanish when no longer needed. The summoning of unique, individuals is similar to this, but based on the concept of a specific individual and not simply off of a group or species.

Spells, are your standard magical fare. Each color alignment has a multitude of spells in its library. Some spells are easy, almost effortless affairs, while others require immense amounts of time, concentration, and mana to cast.

Both spells and summonings require the use of mana.

==========

Official Rules:
1. No god-modding.
2. Two/three character maximum.
3. Only control your own character unless given permission otherwise by the other character's owner.
4. No killing other OC's without their owner's permission.
5. If you wish to make an NPC with a large part then please just state that on the sign-ups so that it doesn't get killed. Otherwise it's open season.
6. You must have good grammar! Get a proofreader for all I care! Use the spell-check! Anything, just make sure things make sense. I can tolerate some slip-ups, but nothing on a constant basis.
7. Please try to post at least once every 2-5 days (unless you give me a reason why you can't). Any longer than that and we might lose you or leave you behind.
8. No making up histories for characters (even NPCs) that aren't your own.
9. I reserve the right to kick you out of this RPG if you break one of these rules seriously enough. I will, however, give you a chance to explain or redeem yourself so it won't be a "BAM goodbye" sort of deal

Kamotz
22nd March 2012, 5:09 AM
Just for everyone's edification, here (http://magiccards.info/query?q=t%3A%22surrakar%22+%28e%3Awwk%2Fen+or+e%3A zen%2Fen%29&v=card&s=cname) is a link to a few surrakar images. Big, brutish, lizard, swamp-men.

Now a bit of information on Madara:

The cultural and economic center of Madara lay between the eastern Gitte-Yatay Mountains and the western sea. In it lay two great marshes and the main streams of the Suido River. This means that blue, black, and red mana met at a single point. Madara is currently overrun with the cat-dragon race, the nekoru. The humans of Madara exist solely as servants, clerics, and slaves.

niedude
22nd March 2012, 11:24 AM
/Subscribing

Now these behemoths should make for an interesting challenge. Gibrael will probably try to subdue them without outright killing, while I suspect Yuu's gonna choose to unleash her pet dragon spirit from Tatsumasa. Unless she decides to not give a rats *** about anyone surrounding her and still creates her mist (which... she could very well end up doing xD)

Kamotz
25th March 2012, 6:07 PM
In the hospital. Not sure when I'll be able to post.

GoldenHouou
26th March 2012, 6:22 PM
Hospital? Yeowch, hopefully you get better soon.

Got back yesterday and my post is half-way done now, by the way. I really should try writing shorter posts, would make it faster to reply... Eh.

Oh and thanks for those pics, helps those not familiar with all the creatures *coughmecough* a lot.

But yeah, again, get better soon.

Gentleman Skeleton
27th March 2012, 7:00 PM
Sorry, misread an earlier post. My comments as to the origin of the Surrakar have been modified.

Kamotz
29th March 2012, 1:47 PM
Well, after tests and tortures up the wazoo, I'm finally feeling better and hoping they release me soon. It still means it might be a while until any of my RPGs gets a post since I've got so much catching up to do from the past two weeks, but I wanted to let you guys know.

niedude
29th March 2012, 1:54 PM
Glad to know you are feeling better ;)
But those treatments and tests sound... unpleasent. Poor kamotz being sodomized for the sake of his health.

You just hang in there, we're all rooting for ya (this doesnt make it sound like you have cancer at all)

I wanted to post something like Gibrael interacting with Thaysha, but...
University, namely grades, have decided now was a good time to bend me over a table and have their fun with me, so Im not at the best shape to post. Maybe Friday or Saturday... maybe.

Kamotz
5th April 2012, 8:33 PM
Well, I'm working on a post now, so if Gentleman and GoldenH want to wait to see how that develops, then let me know. Otherwise...post soon!

GoldenHouou
5th April 2012, 9:17 PM
I just moved to a new house, so it's a bit hectic right now... I probably can't manage a post until Saturday morning. So if you don't want to wait until then, you can go ahead and post. Either way I'll throw a post in then.

EDIT: Posted a quick one. I hope I read the last part right and that the cloaked figure summoned the beast but didn't disappear himself.

... Oh and it would seem this is my 1000th post. Whoo, seven years and now I get to four digits!

niedude
13th April 2012, 7:58 PM
Umm... Gentleman Skeleton? Or GS for short...

Claire killed the wurm with an attack so strong she boiled his atoms. I do not think there would be any of the wurm left, let alone it being alive and finished off by Thamien.

Kamotz
14th April 2012, 4:49 PM
She didn't actually boil it away. She essentially dispelled it, breaking the bonds of the spell that had summoned it. In game terms she sent it back to her opponent's hand, and since he was gone, he couldn't re cast it.

Also, GH, I'd appreciate it if you changed that part of your last post to accurately reflect what's been going on instead of missing the point with the whole wurm coming back to life thing.

And finally, I'm all for the excessive character conflicts right off the bat, whatever keeps this from going the way of other complicated RPGs and dying early. I've got something ready in the wings to get us moving when we're done.

niedude
14th April 2012, 11:07 PM
Kamotz, I think you mean GS (gentleman Skeleton) and not GH (Golden_Hoehoe).

And I like this in fighting, shame Im playing characters who either try to stop it or don't give a genuine ****.
Also, Rimuel has now found himself his first planeswalker ally in the fight against Phyrexia. Hell, if he tries to convince Yuu of how powerful they are, and how so much fun they are to kill, she might be willing to have some fun around those parts. Though Im not sure Rimuel'd want her help. Shes just as likely to call forth the Beacon of Destruction on phyrexians or mirrans alike... and just for the hell of it.

GoldenHouou
15th April 2012, 5:42 AM
... Did you just call me a hoe, dude? I swear, you suck with names. But yes, I hope you meant GS, Kamotz, otherwise I'm very confused. Though I did miss GS's post (our posts are a minute apart so yeah, got ninja'd) and should probably edit too... Unless I take it all into account in my next post? Which I will probably do instead, once he's edited.

Oh and can I just say I'm relieved to hear that the conflict doesn't bother you? Because now I don't have to worry that I'm derailing whatever you had in mind and constantly feel the need to make up an excuse as to why Rckaird suddenly changes his mind (though I will probably throw some doubt his way). If the fighting ever does start to bother you though/it gets stale/etc., feel free to throw the plot at us; I can justify him letting her be momentarily for the sake of... whatever it is they're gonna need to do.

And... I need to write about Thayshia again.

Kamotz
15th April 2012, 2:44 PM
Ah. Yes. I meant GS.

Gentleman Skeleton
16th April 2012, 4:40 PM
Okay, my last post came on being away for the weekend and trying to catch up. I removed it and tried again. That should be a little better, explaining where Thamien was during the fight.

Kamotz
16th April 2012, 4:44 PM
I'm not sure how well it explains that plot hole. Since it just opens up some new ones, like where he found a marketplace in a land overrun by cat dragons where humans are just slaves after just arriving on a desolate beach.

And then there's the fact that most inhabitants of various planes don't know about other planes or that they even exist.

Gentleman Skeleton
16th April 2012, 5:35 PM
I'm not sure how well it explains that plot hole. Since it just opens up some new ones, like where he found a marketplace in a land overrun by cat dragons where humans are just slaves after just arriving on a desolate beach.

And then there's the fact that most inhabitants of various planes don't know about other planes or that they even exist.

Well, there are human soldiers in Madara in the form of the Kentsu. Also, the Talon Gates are the gateway to Bolas' Meditation Realm, so I could imagine some Planeswalker set up a trading post nearby to convert the currency of the Hands of Bolas (and anyone else who knew it existed.)

niedude
16th April 2012, 6:02 PM
When I was making my Auriok Treasure Hunter, who would be as market-savvy as Thamien, I always imagined he converted his money to gold or actual goods, since those would be much easier to use as currency rather than, you know... actual currency, a thing which changes not only from plane to plane but from region to region as well.

Not to mention Thamien took part in the surrakar battle, and I dont imagine the wurm battle lasting longer than 10 minutes. Which is barely how long it'd take to reach a market place, let alone browse, barter... you know where Im going with this.

EDIT:

On another note, Gibrael is gonna do to Thamien what Rckaird did to Claire. I kid you not.

Kamotz
16th April 2012, 10:12 PM
Well, there are human soldiers in Madara in the form of the Kentsu. Also, the Talon Gates are the gateway to Bolas' Meditation Realm, so I could imagine some Planeswalker set up a trading post nearby to convert the currency of the Hands of Bolas (and anyone else who knew it existed.)

Not really anymore. It's essentially overrun with nekoryu and humans are slaves, so none of that really fit. I also described the area as pretty desolate,mso none of that really works.

storymasterb
17th April 2012, 1:22 PM
I'm with everyone else, Skeleton. The timing doesn't add up right. And the area is a desolate waste overrun by cat-dragons (any images of them, BTW? I'm trying to imagine what they might look like).

On another note, Gibrael is gonna do to Thamien what Rckaird did to Claire. I kid you not.

I thought Gibrael was meant to be less 'horrible holy punishment' and more 'relatively merciful'. Albeit his mind-wiping is still assholish. Though less assholish than Rckaird's method of nuke things to death with holy light that burns them to death with their sins.

Still, thanks for the support. Rimuel appreciates it. Though... are we getting to the plot any time soon?

Kamotz
17th April 2012, 4:38 PM
We'll get moving in a bit. I'm actually really liking the interaction at this point, and it makes sense that a group like this would hash a bunch of things out before moving on. They just dealt with a big plot-point. It would take a few minutes before the next thing came along or it might seem forced.

niedude
17th April 2012, 9:19 PM
Truth be told, while Gibrael is much more passive in how he does things than Rckaird, he is just as vicious. He doesn't kill, no, because he believes in second chances and the potential of every living creature to do good, but he breaks a person's soul and reshapes it with his own views. In his mind, you either do things his way, or not at all. He is clouded by wisdom he thinks he has, but in truth lacks. He's been a planeswalker for only two years, give or take, and most of that time was spent on Innistrad and Dominaria. He doesn't know much of the world, and has not developed out of his Black-and-White view of things. Pretty much, you either do things his way, or not at all.

But he'll grow. Whether to become more benevolent and tolerant or a ruthless religious tyrant, well... I'll cross that bridge when it comes.

GoldenHouou
17th April 2012, 9:37 PM
Geez, you guys post pretty fast or, more likely, I post slow.... I hope I can get a post in before I get more to add again... I finally know what Thay'll do, too. No more standing around for her! And yeah, I agree that moving the plot along in the middle of all this fighting would seem... weird. I mean I don't think the group is quite ready to take on any task together yet.

And heh, I have the exact same situation as you, nie; I'm not sure whether Rckaird'll learn and and change his ways or just get even more twisted as things move along, but time'll show. Oh and... Gib's in trouble now too, just so you know. He might be getting light nuked soon, like storymasterb put it.

EDIT: Phew, managed to throw a quick post in! And yeah, at least for the moment, Rckaird left Claire alone and targeted Gib instead. Pretty much... trying to blind him. Yeah.

Kamotz
26th April 2012, 6:10 PM
Here's something that niedude pointed out to me, that I think will REALLY disturb Rimuel and anyone on the pro-Mirran side of things (and really, aren't we all? heh heh heh...)

-The Planeswalker Karn created Argentum sometime after his ascension (he was old-school powerful).
-100 years later, he returns to the mostly-empty plane with his Planeswalker apprentice and creates the golem Memnarch to act as Argentum's guardian.
-He leaves behind a single drop of Phyrexian oil from his heart, which spreads and slowly begins its infection of the plane.
-While Karn is gone, Memnarch goes mad. He renames Argentum "Mirrodin," abducting many beings from other planes with his soul-traps in hopes of acquiring a planeswalker spark of his own, until he is finally defeated. This process (from madness to defeat) takes about 200 years.
-100 years later, the Phyrexians that have been growing in Mirrodin's core begin to corrupt the plane in earnest.

Now...if you think about it. There were no native inhabitants of Argentum...except for the Phyrexians. They're more native to the plane (having "grown" there) than any of the Mirran inhabitants, whose near-ancestors were abducted there by Memnarch. So really...who does Mirrodin/New Phyrexia really belong to?

Gentleman Skeleton
28th April 2012, 12:09 AM
So, where do we go from here? Since we're staying on plane, might I propose paying a certain planeswalking dragon a visit? The Orochi we're tracking down did start a fight on his front lawn.

Kamotz
28th April 2012, 12:26 AM
So, where do we go from here? Since we're staying on plane, might I propose paying a certain planeswalking dragon a visit? The Orochi we're tracking down did start a fight on his front lawn.

I'm trying to avoid too much of the canon 'walkers. Since many of them have gone missing. And there's no real reason to look at Bolas for any sort of help and expect him not to kill you.

niedude
28th April 2012, 2:13 PM
If he pays any attention at all.
And if we start bringing Bolas this soon to play... It would ruin things. I mean, look how long it took for our characters to attempt to kill each other. Do you think some of them wouldnt try to do the same to bolas too? And they'd die if they so much as thought about killing Bolas while the dragon was nearby.

EDIT: On the topic of Mirrans vs Phyrexians, and me being the one who pointed this out to Kamotz, I actually think that Mirrodin belongs to the phyrexians. They were put there by its creator, and they did a better job taking control of it than the mirrans. Now, however, if you should ask me if i'd allow the Phyrexians to continue existing and living on the plane, I'd answer, obviously, no.

They are a blight and an infestation. They are cruel, disgusting, and most of all, dangerous. Even Karn himself turned against them after being freed of the Oil's influence (I believe), and should the oppurtunity arise to get rid of them, even if in the same temporary way as the Eldrazi were, I would support it.

GoldenHouou
30th April 2012, 12:31 PM
So it seems things are starting to calm down for the moment (Rck won't attack Gib again for now, as he believes he uh... already helped the priest find the righteous path again.)

But so, are we really going to go through the whole splitting up thing?

niedude
30th April 2012, 12:53 PM
It was probably gonna happen either way. We're a pretty big bunch. We're... 10?

storymasterb
30th April 2012, 1:00 PM
We also have a bunch of personalities which clash massively. We have Rckaird's fanatical devotion to his morality, Gibrael's slightly different fanatical devotion to his own morality, Yuu's practically a murderous psychopath, etc. The way I see this going is the more moderate members of our little group clustering into one group, and the extreme ones all joining their own little group.

Rimuel and Morgana are joining Jareth's group, by the way.

GoldenHouou
30th April 2012, 1:10 PM
Heh, the trouble is that if all the problematic people flock together, they'll most likely end up killing each other at some point. Which might actually be a good thing. And that if everyone in one group gets along too well, it'll just be too easy for them. No conflicts and such.

Hmm... I have no idea where either Thay or Rck go. Thay's pretty pissed at almost everyone, while Rck would most likely join a group with people who he needs to keep an eye on which is like, half the group, really.

Kamotz
30th April 2012, 7:19 PM
Hmm...you're all so sure that splitting up the group is a good thing. But I might take issue with that. Let's say group 1 goes to kamigawa and group 2 to lorwyn. Then what? Say group 1 finds something and then goes on to Mercadia, where they then find nothing. Meanwhile group2 has found nothing on lorwyn and goes to kamigawa to look for group one. That's a huge plane. It would take a while to find their trail, and then they've already moved on to an infinitely huge multiverse.

niedude
30th April 2012, 7:25 PM
Oh, right, no interplanar cellphones...
That'd get pretty hard to manage pretty fast.

Kamotz
1st May 2012, 3:52 PM
Let's keep going with the forward momentum here, yeah?

Post, people, Post!

GoldenHouou
1st May 2012, 4:15 PM
Ah, right, they have no means to communicate when separated. Hmm, yeah, that does pose a problem...

As for posting, I will once I get time (second to last week of school = busytimes) and an idea on what to post; neither of the would really do much right now.

Kamotz
7th May 2012, 6:48 PM
Just to clear up and state a few things for going forward. We won't be splitting up and won't be spending much time on Kamigawa should we go there. It's one of my less favorite sets and planes, so we'd only be there briefly. The other planes are just much more interesting. Next though, we'll be meeting with some dragons who aren't exactly happy we've trampled all over their beach. The Dragon Nations are trying to establish a central power in Madra, and they have some choice things to say and offer to us walkers.

niedude
7th May 2012, 9:31 PM
Oh sweet, we get to have some planar influence! Cool.

Just wish Vernach was already ready. THis is exactly his cup of tea.

Kamotz
13th May 2012, 1:56 AM
So no one has anything to post? If not then I'll move it along.

niedude
13th May 2012, 1:06 PM
That would probably be best. We've pretty much cleared most intercharacter feuds for now, so bring on the new stuff.

GoldenHouou
13th May 2012, 1:19 PM
Yeah, seconding nie. Everything seems peaceful now. Too peaceful. So bring on the plot!

Kamotz
13th May 2012, 7:34 PM
Okay, I'll move things along. I just thought there was more people were waiting to reply to. Regardless, I'll get things going.

niedude
15th May 2012, 7:46 PM
Sweet, Dragons. And I assume of the speaking kind?

Can't wait for the interaction this will bring.

Kamotz
17th May 2012, 6:57 PM
Did I leave you guys on too much of a "???" place? Looking over my post it seems that it might be hard to respond to what I wrote, so if that's the case let me know and I'll go back to make some more edits.

niedude
17th May 2012, 7:27 PM
Well, there was little more to respond other than be admired at the dragons showing up. A little more info couldn't certainly hurt.

niedude
20th May 2012, 12:53 AM
/Double posting in an RPG lead by a mod.
/Asking for an infraction
/Bribes Kamotz with cookies and vodka

Couldn't be more happy with how this post just turned out. Gibrael is finally acting like I wanted him too (all holier than thou when directly confronted, but still capable of acting pretty casual nevertheless) and Yuu is starting to show a little of her crazy (that doesnt involve Ax Crazy, or Bloodthirsty Crazy, or HAHAHAHA I MURDERED YOUR CHILDREN crazy. Just plain LOOKDRAGONS*swoosh* crazy)

Kamotz
20th May 2012, 10:27 PM
So I'll just link to some photo references here (http://magiccards.info/query?q=t%3A%22dragon+legend%22+e%3Apc%2Fen&v=card&s=cname) in case anyone wanted an official set of images. I thought I did enough to describe them, because I usually really don't like to disrupt the flow of the story to wax lyrically about how someone looked. But I think it was necessary in this case.

See if you can match the photos/cards to my descriptions for extra Planeswalker points!

GoldenHouou
31st May 2012, 10:00 AM
Posted. And thanks for the image set, by the way, helps at least me out a lot!

Sorry for my post being so short. It's just that so much happened I figured I should keep it short and to the point instead of trying to reply to absolutely everything. Especially since I'm leaving in a few, and really wanted to get my post done before that.

SugarFreeJazz
2nd June 2012, 9:07 PM
niedude, GoldenHouou, storymasterb, do you guys play Magic? You should post more in the Alt. Cards section.

Too bad I just noticed this thread. It would've been fun to take part in this.

Kamotz
24th June 2012, 4:09 PM
Update: still working on that post. Things are very slow-going for me right now. Hopefully I'll get back in a groove (if not MY groove) this week, but there's no telling. Chronic disease and recovering from septic shock really kicks your *** for a while, I'm learning.

GoldenHouou
25th June 2012, 10:44 PM
Take as much time as you want, man. Real life comes way before a game, especially when it comes to taking care of one's health. We'll wait for as long as it takes!

Kamotz
21st July 2012, 5:01 PM
Okay...so...I'm not gone, I've just been very very very very busy with work overseas, a summer class, getting my health back on track (which makes writing almost impossible), work NOT overseas, actual profitable writing, and making time for the rest of my life-stuffs (writing, girlfriend, dog, writing, travel, family, hobbies, writing, etc.), so I've had to put RPGs on hold. I'm hoping that in the next few days I'll be able to pick things up a little. I miss all the RPGing fun. So never fear, I'm still here, working, thinking, planning, plotting our dooms.

Oh, and while away in Spain I started making/planning actual MTG decks based on our characters. They wouldn't necessarily be playable (or even play-legal), but I essentially made card-lists of spells/creatures that I could see our characters using.

GoldenHouou
21st July 2012, 5:48 PM
No worries, like said previously, real life comes first and I'm sure all of us are willing to wait.

I think I'd be interested in seeing those MtG decks you picked out for our characters btw, even if I know next to nothing about the game. I can always look at the pretty pictures.

Kamotz
21st July 2012, 5:54 PM
Your characters were actually the toughest to do. I went by the EDH (Elder Dragon Highlander)/Commander style of deck-building, which means each deck needs a "General/Commander": a legendary creature, and the deck can only use the colors of said Commander's casting cost. I tried to find design-specific characters, but finding a Red/Green/Black legend that fit Thay's "small but spunky" theme was very tough (I ended up going with this (http://magiccards.info/ch/en/125.html)). Rckaird's was also tough, but for a different reason, because of Krond the Dawn Clad (http://magiccards.info/pc2/en/99.html). I sooo wanted to use that, but he's White-Green instead of White-Blue. I think I ended up going with this (http://magiccards.info/isd/en/213.html).

GoldenHouou
21st July 2012, 6:13 PM
Heh, sorry they gave you trouble. Thay's seems pretty fitting for her and damn, that Archon would have been perfect for Rck, all the way from the gold color to the whole exacting justice thing. Maybe we could cheat a little and pretend its blue instead of green, the other one looks so... ghostly..

Kamotz
22nd July 2012, 5:32 PM
We could...but his flavor is pretty "Green". Anyway, Saint Traft (http://wiki.mtgsalvation.com/article/Saint_Traft) is a very powerful holy figure. And is a HELL of a card to face in a game.

Kamotz
6th August 2012, 8:13 PM
So other than Storymasterb, no one else has really posted. Can I get a sense to see if this is something you guys want to continue with?

GoldenHouou
6th August 2012, 8:15 PM
I do want to continue, and my post is almost done (has been from the day you posted your last post), but I've been too busy to finish it, especially now that I started to work on my AC sign up instead. I'm still definitely in and will post when I can, though. I should have a lot more time next week, at the very least.

niedude
7th August 2012, 8:18 PM
I'm posting, I'm posting!

It really doesnt help that serebii completely failed to warn me that there was a new post in the Planeswalker RPG until... two days ago?

Kamotz
9th August 2012, 6:03 PM
Okay. Now I gotta start being annoying and insist that someone posts. Or don't. And I can close this down. It's been over a week since the last post.

GoldenHouou
9th August 2012, 6:08 PM
I'll finish the post and throw it up this week, just really can't do it today. It's not just this RP I need to post in but haven't either; I haven't posted anywhere in a while, haven't had the time. So yeah, haven't abandoned this, nor do I plan to.

Kamotz
14th August 2012, 6:48 PM
Well, I'm getting ready to move on, but I'll ask you guys this: what plane do you want to visit first? I think I'll make a poll with a few options. Most votes is the winner...unless I veto. The poll will be open for 4 days. One vote each.

GoldenHouou
14th August 2012, 7:01 PM
I need to read up on the different planes before I make my decision, since the only ones I remember stuff about right now are the first three options.

So yeah, will vote after some research.

Kamotz
14th August 2012, 8:27 PM
We have most of the options listed in the information and in the signup thread. The only ones not there are Shandalar and Keldheim, which are...well...sparsely informed.

niedude
15th August 2012, 1:06 PM
We should probably tell GH of the Plane cards from the planechase format. They don't give out much information but they are great for understanding the aesthetic and general feel of a plane.

Kamotz
15th August 2012, 4:35 PM
Well, looks like we're going to Zendikar. And looks like Gentleman Skeleton is dropping out unless I hear different from him. I've sent several messages and received no reply.

Kamotz
15th August 2012, 11:20 PM
Just another quick update.

1. VMd GS and got no reply. He was online, so I can only assume he doesn't want to continue. That's fine. People lose interest. Moving on...
2. We'll be going to Zendikar (unless there are any wild objections)
3. I'll try to get some sort of post up tonight, since I'll be kinda...everywhere for the next week.

Kamotz
31st August 2012, 5:11 AM
So...GH and Niedude...please post. Please. Trying to keep the momentum going here.

Kamotz
29th October 2012, 5:20 PM
Is there anyone who wants to continue this? It's been a while, so...

niedude
29th October 2012, 10:19 PM
I do, a lot!

I think we all do. I know Sequel and Golden have had zero time to log on and arent posting on the other RPGs as well, so if we're not moving on, its not because there is a lack of motivation but more of an IRL time rape.

GoldenHouou
30th October 2012, 6:35 AM
Basically what nie said (except that I have been logged on for checking this place and discussions occasionally); it's not about not wanting to continue, and I indeed haven't posted anywhere on the forums in a while. I'll try to get a post in for at least AC either this week or the (start of) the next. With Planeswalkers I have the additional problem of not being sure what to post, though. Rck and Thay don't really even interact with each other that much, so I can't think of what they could contribute right now. But either way, I'm still interested, and sorry for the inactivity.

niedude
30th October 2012, 1:13 PM
If any of you guys think it'll help, I can double post and make Vernach just wal into the middle of the group and start his SHenanigans so we all have something to post.

Is it a good idea?

Kamotz
6th November 2012, 3:57 PM
So after a week of no Internet/Phone/TV following the Horrorcane of 2012, I've finally got it back and can get back to posting.

I can get a post going. I think I was working on something before life sorta drop-kicked it out of the way and forced my RPGs to take a back seat.

Reborn Legend
23rd November 2012, 5:27 PM
Can you link all threads together on the first page? I accidently posted something on the Sign Up thread that might of been better put here?

Kamotz
23rd November 2012, 7:50 PM
Can you sign up before telling me how to run my RPG?

Kamotz
10th December 2012, 5:32 PM
So I'm gonna give Planeswalkers and Armored Core one more shot now that I've finished my work for this semester and only have to think about getting ready for the move. Hopefully things can move along again.

I plan on making things a bit more interactive on your parts. What we do, where we end up going. The world here has some rules, but you're also allowed to make up a lot of stuff as we go. If your character has a plan or storyline you want to move on, that works. I have a default direction for things, but other than a few critical points, it's mostly a placeholder for stuff that all of you come up with.

Kamotz
5th September 2013, 4:47 PM
Is there any interest in trying to revive this?

Kamotz
11th September 2013, 2:34 PM
New Signups here (http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?615682-Planeswalkers-%28sign-up-thread%29). Closing this thread now.