IT IS I MARIK ISHTAR

(´o´)

(seeing Randy)

( Ò_ó)

(talking to Randy)

=3

MarbleZone
13th April 2012, 12:32 AM
I demand a spin-off fanfic down the line with copious amounts of Sofiya.

GoldenHouou
13th April 2012, 12:39 AM
^^ GH approves of this. No, seriously, that's awesome. And accurate 8D

I now require you to portray all of Sofiya's posts in that style.

Forever.

@IF: It was set up so nicely, I just couldn't resist. Now watch Sofiya go ask about the tangly bit thing from Ciara. Because obviously, since she has a boyfriend now (totes) she should know. "So, hey, JP and Mana were kissing and ripping each others' clothes but how do they sex I'm really really confused." And hey, at least Randy got some more punch on his face.

EDIT:

@Marble: **** fanfics. Imma draw a comic. 83

Zincspider
13th April 2012, 12:44 AM
Hmmm...
after looking over the RPG forum rules once more, I've come across at least one more thing we should be abiding to.
1: No smilies... like, at all from here on out. It's bad aparently.
Yeah, I come to post that and see Niedude's post and almost poop my pants.
One more thing:
2: We've gotten pretty bad about curses... alright, I've gotten pretty bad about cursing, but a few of us are guilty as well. We need to put a stopper on that.

GoldenHouou
13th April 2012, 12:46 AM
Wait, what, no smilies? Really? Really? You sure it doesn't just mean those... err, emoticon thingies. The colorful, picture-y ones?

... Not guilty about cursing, everrrrr.

Zincspider
13th April 2012, 12:49 AM
Nope. It said smilies. So, no more of those. Sadly. But, we're RPers. If we can't get emotions across in words, we should quit.
Speaking of which... what happened to JK? When was the last time he posted?
If he doens't come back soon, another one of us shall meet a terrible, unavoidable fate.

EDIT:After looking at your last edit, GH, I have come to the conclusion that you are an intercoursing liar.

GoldenHouou
13th April 2012, 12:55 AM
Yeah, found the rule, it said smilies. In an rp post. Pretty sure it didn't mean posts in the Café. Come on.

JK... I recall he posted at least once, I remember Clarise's costume.

Zincspider
13th April 2012, 1:00 AM
Ahem:

Don't use smilies AT ALL in the RPG Forum. They are banned, completely

Not just posts, my friend.

JK last posted at the beggining of the RP on the 25th. It's been quite some time. I'll give him a few days. If he hasn't come back or told me anything before the Court begins, I'll do what I've always done.

niedude
13th April 2012, 1:07 AM
Well, JP is going to become much more polite then.
And no more posts mentioning a handful of womans parts, I swear.
Or where he calls woman the B word.

And um... Sorry for the "emoticon" translation of Sofiya's posts. Won't happen again.
Holy crap Im apologizing a lot... Its like High School all over again.

Moving on!

NYHIIL!

We need to talk about this new ship.
I want it to become canon

EDIT:

JK's gone?
Well... Clarise kept being dragged into things I cant imagine her enjoying. Like the mall with Theresa (which started a TerriXClarise antagonism... IIRC) or... did she actually go and play video games with Snow and Sig?

She basically has the habit of sticking out like a sore thumb every time she joins a group. Soooooooooooo maybe JK's kinda bored of RPing her?

GoldenHouou
13th April 2012, 1:11 AM
In the Forums section, there are three headers.

RPG Forum Rules
RPG Cafe Rules
That rule you found? Under the first section, meaning the board where all the actual RPing takes place. So that there won't be posts like: "He sent out ;160; and shouted: "Use Hydro Pump :D!"

Come on. And as for the swearing...

7. Swearing
If your RPG is properly marked and labeled to say there may be strong language, you are allowed to have characters swear. Evading the swear filter will NOT earn you a warning or ban, as long as the swearing is part of a character's thought or spoken word. Swearing for the sake of it or directing insults towards other members will be treated the same as it would anywhere else: with an infraction.

Allowed in the actual rp, at least. And I'd think this:

12. Smilie Abuse
Smilies are not allowed in any part of the RPG forum. RPGs are text based, not picture based, so you should be writing the Pokémon names in. Posts with excessive uses of smilies will be deleted, regardless of what other information they may contain.

Pretty much confirms it means in the RP itself, don't you think? And it says not picture based. "8D" is not a picture.

Zincspider
13th April 2012, 1:19 AM
GH, the whole RPG Forum is the RPG Forum including it's subforums as far as I'm concerned. And so that we don't have to argue anymore, I'm gonna go ahead and make it a house rule. No Smilies. Banned completely. We should be able to express ourselve accurately in this kind of thing. It shouldn't hold us back any. (Also, a picture is a picture, no matter how colorful it is. You're making a picture with other symbols. That's it.)

@Niedude
He's not gone yet, Niedude. He's just dissapeared.
And we can't blame Clairese not doing anything on her own on everyone else. If he didn't want to do it, or so somthing more exciting, he should have done it. It's his character.

GoldenHouou
13th April 2012, 1:32 AM
I was honestly just trying to help you out, so eh, sorry if you saw that as arguing?

I find that rule a bit needless, but I have no problem with it. I mean, at least now there's is a rule banning it, not just paranoia.

8/

Zincspider
13th April 2012, 1:36 AM
GH, don't worry. I'm not paranoid.
I just want to keep this professional (As professional you can get with unpaid guys and gals and their fiction on a pokemon website).
Plus, you do have a habit of making it seem like you're arguing. This isn't the first time. I seem to remember a time way back in UtGoG, a place I dare not to tread... those were cold days my friend.

HERETIC!

GoldenHouou
13th April 2012, 1:41 AM
Naw, I don't, it's just 'cause tone is difficult to carry over through the Internet without smilies and because you're paranoid. *insert smiley face*

niedude
13th April 2012, 1:46 AM
True. I particularly always think my posts sound pretentious and agressive as hell if I don't throw in a smiley face in there somewhere.
This I bet says a lot of my rp'ing skill or the lack of it

Zincspider
13th April 2012, 1:48 AM
You could also write:
"Just kidding, guys" That tends to have the same effect. Or "Now, I'm not angry here".
I do predict an increase in the use of the 'strike' function, though.

GoldenHouou
13th April 2012, 1:51 AM
Yeah, that would go over well. Now I'm not being sarcastic here. Do you see what I'm getting at? Now I'm not trying to sound pompous. I am sounding pompous, but of course, I kid.

/ will stop spamming now. Now I am being serious guys.

Ysavvryl
13th April 2012, 4:36 AM
I heard from JK recently; wanted to do a collaboration with me to finish out the conversation between Snow and Clarise (and Sig) earlier, so that she was involved in some activity. So there is a post in the works from JK, but I dunno when it'll be ready.

At the party, I'm trying to decide who to have Snow and Melissa go bug. Melissa could be controlled by anyone, being an NPC that I hijacked cause it sounded fun. She's not much established: part of Drama Club, girly girl at heart but thinks it won't make her look cool, probably concerned with how she appears to others, probably has some confidence issues. That's what I'd guess based on what she's done so far.

Zincspider
13th April 2012, 4:51 AM
JK'll have to contact me before I give a pass. Two days for them to do it.

InnerFlame
13th April 2012, 6:06 AM
At the party, I'm trying to decide who to have Snow and Melissa go bug. Melissa could be controlled by anyone, being an NPC that I hijacked cause it sounded fun. She's not much established: part of Drama Club, girly girl at heart but thinks it won't make her look cool, probably concerned with how she appears to others, probably has some confidence issues. That's what I'd guess based on what she's done so far.

Yup, you totally hijacked her and I would know you hijacked her from me. But to be fair I did send her your way. You gave her more personality but it's only natural. Feel free to go bug that party pooper Russell until the Court. It pretty much just him and Halberd since Lace is partying it up. I've got nothing else for him to unless Kiruria want them to chat or something.

Kiruria
13th April 2012, 8:39 AM
You read my mind! I just posted, and one of the things I had Halberd do was go talk to Snow. And does anyone else find it odd that Halberd's getting more into his character than the drama club people are?

Vivian_Bloom
13th April 2012, 7:08 PM
Halberd's assertive with his feelings. He'd be a good drama club president.

Go ahead with the Court, Zinc. I might have Lace stumble over to Halberd. Other than that, I'm all set 'fo some destruction!"

Niihyl
15th April 2012, 2:19 AM
Back from LARPing, so I'll be able to return to RPing. Of course, unless we've gotten into the Court, nothing much is happening to the kid who skipped the party.

Also, new signature.

Zincspider
15th April 2012, 2:54 AM
I would have somthing to say about your signature, but instead, I'll laugh at the fact that you LARP.

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Are you serious, man? That's rich.

niedude
15th April 2012, 3:00 AM
At the risk of spamming and getting this thread closed, I will still ask: what's LARPing?

Slaughter my ignorance, you not so foolish fools

Niihyl
15th April 2012, 3:51 AM
LARP = Live Action Role Play. A combination between D&D style tabletop RPGs and pretending to be a wizard as a child. You dress up in armor and get fake weapons, and run around the woods taking part in epic battle, subterfuge, and drama. Depending on how amazing your group is, this can be anything from throwing beanbags at each other in the park to Game of Thrones-esque epic sagas, which can involve assassination, espionage, war tactics, and economics, with military grade gear and actual castles and such.

It is considered the pinnacle of geekdom, and is generally laughed at, even by other geeks.

Unfortunately, I wasn't doing that, as my own LARP was of a more political nature, i.e.; Model United Nations. Which is basically a bunch of guys dressing up in armor (suit and tie) to role play as heroes (politicians). It's incredibly realistic in that everyone has their own agenda, and that nothing ever gets accomplished because someone disagrees just to make sure the status quo is maintained. Goddamn politics. Actually no, near the end China, North Korea, several of the 'stan nations and the Russian Federation joined forces to form the DPRA (Democratic People's Republic of Asia) and declared war on the United States. Now that was fun.

That aside, hooray, I'm back! No hugs?

Ysavvryl
15th April 2012, 4:43 AM
*glomps Niihyl* Hiiiiii! That sounds like something my sister was into, except without the dressing up (Diplomacy, I think it was). I always thought that it could be fun, but my speech is pretty bad and I have a hard enough time with plain tabletop games.

I like writing silly posts like that last one when the game has been pretty serious most of the time.

And yes, I was wondering why Sofiya's Everything costume lacked wings.

GoldenHouou
15th April 2012, 5:24 AM
I don't hug.

I embrace.

If that is fine with you, then... *spreads arms* Come to me. If you dare.

@ Ysa: I love silly posts every now and then too, hence why I love playing as Sofiya; not only can I write anything as silly as I want, I can provide others an opportunity to do it too. Hooray for being the comic relief~ And about the wings... I uh. I have an excuse; I only mentioned a few of the things she wore because I got lazy so wings may or may not have been one of the things I left unmentioned. Up to each individual. Yes, her costume looks different to each individual. It's alien magic.

niedude
15th April 2012, 4:49 PM
Well, JK's back. WB, dude(tte)

New drinking game:
Down a shot everytime there is an "at this" or "at that" in one of JK's posts.
It will put the SoS challenge to shame.

Wordy
15th April 2012, 4:52 PM
We're not using Evokers any more, JK. It's the tarot cards now.

Jason-Kun
15th April 2012, 5:17 PM
We're not using Evokers any more, JK. It's the tarot cards now.

That's what I mean by Evoker. Pretty sure that that is what the sign ups call them at least.

Son_of_Shadows
15th April 2012, 8:11 PM
Well, JK's back. WB, dude(tte)

New drinking game:
Down a shot everytime there is an "at this" or "at that" in one of JK's posts.
It will put the SoS challenge to shame.

You wish. Do not make me redouble my efforts, I'll turn you all to alcoholism. Fo'shizzle.

But yeah, welcome back JK, good to see you didn't die.

Meanwhile in the land of SoS, I advise you all not to expect a whole bunch out of me over the next couple of weeks as I'm preparing for a lot of university stuff. I'll still be around and posting, but not as much as I'd like.

Zincspider
16th April 2012, 3:02 AM
Well, TSR told me he'd be posting soon, so I'll get going once he gets his up.
In the mean time I might do somthing with Shinai.
I wrote a total of, what, 3 posts with him in it last game? Yeah... I gotta fix that.

EDIT:
Also, some of you might remember the 'Fool's Vote' from last time around. I did not forget about this.
The weapon was decided. I just havn't revealed it yet.
But I will be starting the next Fool's Vote awfully soon, and I hope to employ both results at the same time... instead of a game session later.

TheSequelReturns
16th April 2012, 3:59 AM
Sorry Zinc, I had a busy weekend. I'll get my post done tonight, don't you worry.

MarbleZone
16th April 2012, 7:31 PM
Also, some of you might remember the 'Fool's Vote' from last time around. I did not forget about this.
The weapon was decided. I just havn't revealed it yet.
But I will be starting the next Fool's Vote awfully soon, and I hope to employ both results at the same time... instead of a game session later.

I... have no idea what this is, sorry :/

Vivian_Bloom
16th April 2012, 7:35 PM
I think the Fool's vote is when we vote on what new persona Randy's going to get.
It's been a while since any kind of "voting" happened. He's got two as of now. I can't wait.

Zincspider
16th April 2012, 7:37 PM
It's more getting to chose what happens with him as a whole. As he's the 'Fool' character, he can be formed as you people wish.
Last time it was simple: Just what weapon he'd end up using.

niedude
16th April 2012, 7:46 PM
Speaking of Randy and his personas, how many does the group know him having? I can't imagine Randy going two months without developing a new home. Particularly his Magician and Hermit personas *wink wink nudge nudge*

Zincspider
16th April 2012, 7:50 PM
Don't get all suggestive on me now, JP... I mean niedude.
He actually hasn't, as that would be kinda hamfisted. They'll come soon enough. Not enough stress in the past two months.

niedude
16th April 2012, 8:03 PM
Oh, so his personas are "made" or manifest only when he truly needs them most?
One more reason why this next court is probably gonna be as awesome as Disco JP's Court.

Son_of_Shadows
16th April 2012, 10:02 PM
Question: Way back before Disco Pimp Shadow JP, Zinc said there'd be three Shadow Selves that night. So, given that he obviously changed his mind (I presume because of Theresa getting Zerged)... Are we going to encounter the other two soon?

GoldenHouou
16th April 2012, 10:03 PM
question: Way back before disco pimp shadow jp, zinc said there'd be three shadow selves that night. So, given that he obviously changed his mind (i presume because of theresa getting zerged)... Are we going to encounter the other two soon?

AND WHERE ARE THE BEARS MAN YOU PROMISED US BEARS WHERE ARE THEY.

C'mon.

Zincspider
16th April 2012, 10:04 PM
I'm banking on it being even more awesome, especially if you like any of the following things:
Mirrors
Pyrimid Head
Vikings
Bears
Lack of Fire
Stand-off music

You people mistook my words. I said the next Court. We were already in the last one when I said that.
I havn't changed my mind at all.
It's just been ripening over time. Prepare your bodies.

InnerFlame
16th April 2012, 11:41 PM
That reminds me here those themes I've been meaning to post for Russell...
Russell's Music
Main Theme:
Stand by Rascal Flatts

Battle Theme:
Violent Storm

I also remember that I have to do that Stats sheet... I'll get on that as well. Meanwhile I shall await for the storm to hail down upon us.

Edit: Since Zinc asked... look for it yourself XD

Zincspider
16th April 2012, 11:45 PM
Hmmm... could you remove the links and just send them to Wordy via PM to add to the first post?
I'm not sure how the unrelated Youtube videos thing works, but I don't want us taking any chances. Just to be safe, send them to Wordy, and remove the linking.
Thank you.

niedude
16th April 2012, 11:49 PM
Pyramid head?
In Persona BOSS?

... why am I sticking JP inside an empty, desolate hospital again?
Oh God

Son_of_Shadows
16th April 2012, 11:56 PM
I'm banking on it being even more awesome, especially if you like any of the following things:
Mirrors
Pyrimid Head
Vikings
Bears
Lack of Fire
Stand-off music

You people mistook my words. I said the next Court. We were already in the last one when I said that.
I havn't changed my mind at all.
It's just been ripening over time. Prepare your bodies.

MY BODY IS READY! Vikings? Seriously? ... Oh my God, I see where this is going. Exactly where this is going.

Obviously the Court will be invaded by Vikings who fell into a time portal, created by mirrors, a lack of fire, and bears.

InnerFlame
17th April 2012, 12:01 AM
I think he meant using the video loader thing of thing not related to the RPG but whatever you say, leader. I guess I'll drop it in Wordy's VM place.

niedude
17th April 2012, 12:03 AM
MY BODY IS READY! Vikings? Seriously? ... Oh my God, I see where this is going. Exactly where this is going.

Obviously the Court will be invaded by Vikings who fell into a time portal, created by mirrors, a lack of fire, and bears.
Seems Legit.

MarbleZone
17th April 2012, 12:10 AM
Pyramid Head better show up before I'm written out of this plot. A cameo would be good enough... him getting some quality time with Ciara would be ideal.

niedude
17th April 2012, 12:16 AM
Pyramid Head better show up before I'm written out of this plot. A cameo would be good enough... him getting some quality time with Ciara would be ideal.

I don't think even Ciara is enough of a monster to get on Pyramid Head's Fetish List.

Then again... it would explain a bloody lot.

Blivsey
17th April 2012, 12:39 AM
Oh dear God. BRING ON THE VIKINGS. AND BEARS. VIKINGS MOUNTED ON BEARS.

Nah, seriously. I'm totally ready to get going with the court. Only other thing for Sig to do at the moment is maybe jump in and prod whatever fire Lace's got going or something else that won't do anything noteworthy.

...the phrase "prodding her fire" didn't sound as weird before I said it aloud.

Tee-hee, JP in a hospital with ol' geometry-face. Judging by the VMs I've been discreetly intercepting, he'll be facing something much more interesting, though. *waits the race between Zinc's/niedude's cover-up and everyone else rooting through their messages*

InnerFlame
17th April 2012, 12:49 AM
Oh I don't need to do any rooting through their VM I already accidentally saw it when I was checking when niedude/Zincspider was last on.

Fire, fire everywhere but watch for bear teeth! I'm actually only a little worried for Russell. He had two months to get his crude fighting style down so he and Eros should be just fine. I mean if it had happen eariler he would be a mess. So I say bring it on.

Niihyl
17th April 2012, 12:59 AM
I very much enjoy not being on fire. Also Bear-mounted Vikings. Viking-mounted Bears. Not a big fan of mirrors, but I have nothing against them. I expect this Court to be very interesting.

Geometry-face made me think of Pi-face, to be honest, which dragged me off into a whole 'nother fandom. Pyramid Head... well, I wouldn't wish that guy on anyone, no matter how horrible they were. Unless they were like, rapists or something. Because I am all for ironic and fitting punishments.

Wordy
17th April 2012, 1:06 AM
It's so cute watching you guys find out about things that any sensible VM-stalker should already know. No accidents here, folks. And interesting doesn't begin to cover it!

But seriously, you're carrying the bears over here? :/

I love how Zinc thought that we remembered his little 'Fool's Vote.' Adorable.

Although the Pyramid Head thing makes sense. But he wasn't at all scary in New International Track and Field, where he did Track and Field stuff. No chance that it's the New International Track and Field-esque version? No?

Ah well, JP was always going to be dead sooner or later. Sucks to be him, right?

Zincspider
17th April 2012, 1:25 AM
Well, Pyramid head just relates to somthing in the Court, not the beast itself... it's mannerisms are Pyramid-Head-Like, if you will.

I didn't remember it, that's for sure. But I'll act like I did.

Actually, if everything goes right, JP will be the only one to not have to deal with it, really.

Niihyl
17th April 2012, 1:36 AM
... All I can think of now is Pyramid Head abusing Shadow Rise. And us.

*Sticks to JP*

Zincspider
17th April 2012, 1:38 AM
No sticking to JP or the real Pyramid Head goes after him and his group.
That's railroading a bit isnt' it?
It's not that he's not in danger, it's that it doesn't care about him. You'd still be in trouble, just with less allies.

Vivian_Bloom
17th April 2012, 1:39 AM
Really? Huh. 'Sounds bad. Oh...geez. We might've...goofed somewhere. This thing will get 'hurted.'

So, some emotionally-unstable Pyramid head creature's coming; bears, and Vikings with compact mirrors? Joy.

I don't sift through people's VMs like that (I log off first), so I'll take the surprise. It can't be that obvious--just, plain out in the open.

Niihyl
17th April 2012, 1:45 AM
... Jesus Christ. But I hear the emo Asian kid with the dead female relative/friend(s) (the other one) is going to be there, and I've been itching to give him a knock across the head for a while. Or just sic Spherical Head on 'im. Sofiya will probably be there too, since she's stalking Shinai. I like those odds. Actually, no, I don't. RectangularPrism Head'll take more than that to die.

Also, just realized niedude had posted, and that I should really post. Whoops. Will be doing that.

Zincspider
17th April 2012, 5:05 PM
Well, if Levin wants to go talk to Wulfgard himself, he's welcome. I didn't just want to jump down his throat with:
"Hey new kid! Wanna hear about how this place is gonna eff you up unless you find out how to summon your magical brain fairy?"

So, get ready, get your weapons, prepare... and next post I should be getting the action started.

Blivsey
17th April 2012, 8:11 PM
A'ight, posted. Sigmund's basically Levin's de facto mentor at the moment, so I took the liberty of taking him around back.

Oh, and Sig swapped costumes - guess who? It was either that or have him fight in civvies, since fighting in what amounts to dress clothes is not a great idea. Lemme know if we're toeing the line with too many shout-outs and I'll edit out the new outfit.

MarbleZone
17th April 2012, 8:52 PM
So... what's in the wonderful van of Matrix goodies again? Just need to know that to end the post.

Blivsey
17th April 2012, 9:05 PM
Generally, whatever you need weapon-wise up to medieval-era technology. Swords, polearms, you name it, just no firearms, I think. Almost all of us pulled our weapons from the van, if that gives you an idea.

MarbleZone
17th April 2012, 10:11 PM
To try and avoid repetition, what weapons are your characters using?

niedude
17th April 2012, 10:21 PM
There are a couple of swords and knives, one shield, one bow, there was one shovel but I suspect Randy's about to drop that (if he hasn't already) and I'm not quite sure if Russel took on the axe or its just a running meme of ours. Oh, Snow has a boomerang and Sig uses gauntlets

InnerFlame
17th April 2012, 10:28 PM
It doesn't really matter let's see...

JP & Wulgard: Sword
Joshua & Halberd: Rapier Sword
Clarise: Fans
Sofiya: Dagger(?)
Sigmund: Gauntlets
Russell: Axe & Rapier (emegency weapon)
Miyuki: Shield
Randy: Shovel (at least it was before)
Izzy and Lace: Twin Daggers(?)
Liza: I have no idea
Ciara: Greaves & Butterfly Knifes
Snow: Boomerang
Mana: Bow
Mr. Testa: Whip (Whenever he joins)

I think that everyone but I then again I tend to miss people so point out if I forgot anyone or got anything wrong.

Edit: Oh Lace has a Bo Staff too...

GoldenHouou
17th April 2012, 10:42 PM
Sofiya has a military knife actually, but close enough!

Not sure what to post. I wanna get Sofiya into the hospital with any possible excuse available. I mean, she is going to be fighting in a nurse costume, so!

... Wait, Pyramid Head, nurses...

I see where this is going.

Blivsey
18th April 2012, 6:51 PM
Since it was kind of unclear, where exactly did we get the cards from/how will Levin get his? From what I've gathered, the Joker gave them to us, but it wasn't really stated outright.

Also, was Levin's most recent question directed at Wulfgard, Sigmund, or nobody-in-particular?

Basically, I'm bad at drawing implications from others' posts.

MarbleZone
18th April 2012, 6:59 PM
Levin's just waiting for somebody to clarify him, nobody in particular I guess, since Sigmund already stated he couldn't explain and Wulfgard apparently isn't even around.

As for how Levin gets his Persona, I have no idea, always assumed it'd be up to Zinc to decide during the plot.

InnerFlame
18th April 2012, 8:50 PM
I was going to get Russell to explain 'summoning' to him but then he got intercepted by Snow. I still have the explanation written down if you would like a proper, detail version about summoning.

I feel Levin should get a gun evoker. It seem too much to give him a card and try to have him get intune with his Persona like that. Force it out with the fear of a gun to the head.

Zincspider
18th April 2012, 9:20 PM
I feel like I can make the choice on my own IF.
Don't worry. I have a plan.
It's a good plan.

As for the others, the cards actually came from the envelopes the Jester left in Randy's pocket early on in the Court last session. Between chapters, they were found and distrubuted.
I went over this, like, twice already, but here it is again.

InnerFlame
18th April 2012, 9:30 PM
I feel that my opinion wouldn't had matter anyways and you already had a plan. But I often feel like I should toss my two cents in anyways just 'cause.

Though mention the cards before, do the have any special design? Like a mask on the back or something? My tarot cards has flowers swirly lines on it.

Zincspider
18th April 2012, 9:37 PM
Now that second one is a good point.
Think about the ones from Persona 3 if you've seen them, if not, here you go:
http://www.aerieoftheroc.com/portfolio/images/p3tarot/00cardback.html

Now, imagine the mask with a manical grin, and the lyres in the corners missing.

Jason-Kun
18th April 2012, 10:18 PM
Well that sounds disturbing. Would it be right to assume the front of the cads are the same as well or can we change them to our preference?

Zincspider
19th April 2012, 2:38 AM
The fronts would be the same, yes.
And before I can post, I definately need the following people to post:
niedude
TSR
Wordy
GH

Everyone would be real nice, but I can move with what I want to do when these are up. I might move without them if they hold up everyone else, but the sooner, the better.

TheSequelReturns
19th April 2012, 7:36 AM
Why do I get the feeling that my posts are always holding Zinc up?

I'll try to get something up in the morning.

Zincspider
19th April 2012, 2:36 PM
Cause they always are, you sorry waste of bio-material.
Love ya!
Also, you have a smiley there.
Remove it. For the children.

EDIT: Thank you. We must be robotitized.

niedude
19th April 2012, 6:49 PM
My post is almost ready. If nothing unexpected happens, I should have it up today

GoldenHouou
19th April 2012, 6:56 PM
Sorry Zinc, will post tomorrow. I've got a deadline for one of my last projects due tomorrow, and I'm kind of sort of busy as all hell and stressed out as **** the whole day today an nnngh must get back to work.

So yeah, tomorrow.

Zincspider
19th April 2012, 6:57 PM
Alright. As long as you both keep your word, we should be fine.
And remember. Zinc is watching you.

niedude
19th April 2012, 7:21 PM
To please the great Zinc, I have made my post.

Now have a cookie: -ERROR L4; COOKIE NOT FOUND-

Wordy
21st April 2012, 3:41 AM
The fronts would be the same, yes.
And before I can post, I definately need the following people to post:
niedude
TSR
Wordy
GH

OK, I've done. Hope that it's decent enough for whatever that you want to do.

I'm still curious as to how you'll squeeze the bears and Vikings in, honestly.

Son_of_Shadows
21st April 2012, 9:57 AM
It's Zinc. You need to ask?

I'll write up a little something tonight too. I know you don't need me to, but I'm nice. My gift to you and all that.

GoldenHouou
21st April 2012, 12:24 PM
Look who posssssted. A sssssshort one, but got the job done.

I sssswear thissss way of talking isssss contagiousssssss.

Blivsey
22nd April 2012, 3:58 AM
A'ight, I totally have my resssponssssse to Sssssofiya written out. I'll put it up in conjunction with my ressssponsssse to whatever Zinc pitchessss next.

Basically, don't wait up.

Son_of_Shadows
22nd April 2012, 10:49 AM
I'll write up a little something tonight too. I know you don't need me to, but I'm nice. My gift to you and all that.

Or I could be a complete monster, lie to you all, become too tired to write anything last night and hurriedly do it this morning instead. That works too.

EDIT: Officially calling dibs on saying "You just HAD to say it" to Lace once the Shadows come out, just sayin.

niedude
23rd April 2012, 10:00 PM
VB, dude, the Court isnt the Midnight Hour. People don't transmogriphy into coffins, they simply vanish...
Correct me if I'm wrong on this.

InnerFlame
23rd April 2012, 10:38 PM
You're right about that niedude. In Zincspider's post Ms. Halls just disappeared mid-conversation. I have nothing to post so bring on the pyramid and vikings and bears... oh my...

So... what was your favorite costume on this Halloween special? Personally I liked homeless cat Mana XD

Vivian_Bloom
24th April 2012, 12:03 AM
It's not? Oh ok, I fixed it. Thanks for looking out, Niedude. My eyes just glaze-over whenever I read other people's writing.
I don't mean that in an offensive way.

I wrote up my post, and am at the gym by Wulfgard's white, window-less van with the others. It's time to play the waiting
game for the action and teen angst to start. I'm all set.

What was my favorite Halloween costume? Well... I'd say Sofiya, if I knew what she was exactly. I liked Halberd's pirate captain outfit.
In my opinion, everyone looked great at the dance to me.

Zincspider
24th April 2012, 12:24 AM
Yep, niedude's right. No coffins. If you have apathy syndrome, you still appear in the Court, but nothing bothers you at all. The Shadows act as if you don't even exist.

As for costume... Sig. Went as a classic vampire. I love it when people dress up as monsters still, instead of a whole bunch of pop culture referances. Phil and Ned didn't get the memo. I'm very dissapointed in them. And Randy. All three of them are on my shiznit list.

niedude
26th April 2012, 6:01 PM
Traveler's Log

Day 87

I ran out of food, and I am afraid the time has not yet come. How long must I wait? I have resorted to drinking my own urine more often than Bear Grylls himself would have wanted, and I fear I must watch many a full moon before the chosen one finally appears.

Day 115

My insanity is slipping.
I'm hungry.
My leg looks... so... appetizing...

Day 118

Dear journal, today I ate my last leg. And nothing happened. Other than those nice birds coming close to me. They're so nice, never leaving me out of sight for too long. They really care for me.

I think its been years since I started this... what was it I was doing?

Oh, that's right.

Waiting for Sequel's godamnpost.

Zincspider
26th April 2012, 6:18 PM
No, you're waiting for mine. I've relieved TSR of his duty on that, and I'll be taking care of it.
I'm busy with finals and haven't been able to really work all week on this. I'll get it either tonight or tomorrow.

Don't blame TSR. It's me. He's busy atm as well.

niedude
26th April 2012, 10:29 PM
Finals are around this time? I had no idea.

That pretty much explains the slow activity I'm seeing around.

Son_of_Shadows
27th April 2012, 1:02 AM
Ditto here. I mean, it's my last week of my first year of uni next week (holy crap), and then I'm straight into my exams two weeks afterwards. So, do be patient with me over the next couple of weeks.

Ysavvryl
27th April 2012, 10:53 PM
I figured it was exam time. We'll just hang out and chill until that's over. Calm before the storm, yeah?

I would make random conversation in the game, but that fate-tempting line is too good to not lead into something horrible.

Zincspider
28th April 2012, 1:32 AM
I'm 80% done with a post now, so I should have it up within the hour.
Just have to add more stuff with the-
Wait. I'll let you see it for yourself.

EDIT: Posted.
RUN MY LITTLE RATS! RUN!

InnerFlame
28th April 2012, 7:55 AM
Okay, so currently we're all together in the maze of mirrors except Randy & Wulfgard (who is outside of it) and Liza has run off by herself. Are there any dangers in this maze (other than Shadow Liza) and also are the mirrors breakable/able to be cracked? Is Shadow Liza still in the same area as the rest of the group? How would she attack us if she were to catch up to us? Other than we live, what will find at the exit of the maze (I know its not for several posts later but I just asking ahead of time)?

Answer what you can and I'll compose my post depending on the answers.

Blivsey
28th April 2012, 8:20 AM
Posted.

Yes, I know that what Sig just did is probably very stupid and we're taking a third option right off the bat, but the opportunity was too good. If the result isn't supposed to be terribly interesting, I'll probably add another action in there. Briefly considered having him offer to hold Shadow!Liza off due to the fact that Fire>Ice, but I'm not in that much of a hurry to have him dead.

Other than that, IF's pretty much got the questions I had covered, plus a couple. Just got one more, though: is there a ceiling on the maze, or is it an open-air thing?

Son_of_Shadows
28th April 2012, 11:47 AM
Given that the Jester was perched on one of the mirrors, and Randy got flung over several, I think it's safe to assume it's open air. Also, yaaaaaaaaaaaaaay, more chances to get Joshua hurt! I'm going to have him colliding with every mirror at every junction.

Because I'm an awful human being.

... I enjoy torturing him too much. It's rather worrying.

Anyway, I'll get to writing something this weekend. And I still have dibs on having Joshua tell Lace "You just HAD to say it."

Zincspider
28th April 2012, 12:59 PM
Alright a couple things about the mirrors you should know guys:
No, they arent breakable. What kind of fiendish mirror maze would allow you to just break out? That's silly.
I know I didn't say anything about that, but I guess because I knew it, I forgot to write it down. Your attempt to do anything to the wall fail, Bliv.

Climbing over the wall is an option, but getting a grip on the smooth surface, holding the razor sharp edge (When was the last time the Jester was hurt by anything, huh?), and pulling yourself over before Shadow Liza gets ahold of you is extremely hard to acomplish and will probably end badly.

No shadows for at least a post now. Give you a break to start running.

A bit more on Shadow Liza:
While your attacks don't keep her down, she is able to be held back for a second, and slowed down each time somthing gets a good whack at her.
Her attacks is she gets close to you, involve skewering you on her long claws. She isn't very fast, attacks whoever is closest to her, and doesn't speak. As long as you try to go through the maze normally, you should be fine.

As for Randy and Liza, Randy's in the maze still but all alone (Not a good idea in the coming posts) and Liza is like two feet in front of you. She's not away from the group just yet. Just started running.

EDIT: Good thing you didn't try and hold her off, Bliv. Fire>Ice here. You wouldn't have lasted too long.
EDIT EDIT: *reading TvTropes page* Aww, how cute. You guys think that the mirror maze is Liza's. No, that's someone else's bread and butter. Shadow Liza's just here. She's not important... just an obstacle. Just a hint, she's not the b*tch that the Jester was speaking of either.

Son_of_Shadows
28th April 2012, 1:38 PM
OH GOD SHADOW CIARA'S AT THE END WE'RE TRAPPED.

Not a spoiler if it's obvious.

And I'm the one who edited the TVTropes page, mostly on my own speculation. Sorry.

Zincspider
28th April 2012, 1:46 PM
It's alright, there was no way you could have known it wasn't her's....
*looks at YMMV page*
Wait. You're scared of Shadow Liza, SoS?

Blivsey
28th April 2012, 4:31 PM
Cool. Just making sure that Sigmund's attempt to bypass the maze wouldn't completely blow up in his face.

I think I know how I'm going to have him play/beat the maze, but I'll have Sigmund run around a bit first while I take my exams and whatnot.

Zincspider
28th April 2012, 4:34 PM
For a post at least, he can try and beat the maze. Then I'm throwing a curve ball.
It should be familiar. After all, Bliv, you gave me the idea.
I trust you can keep your mouth shut if anyone asks though, right?

Ysavvryl
28th April 2012, 4:41 PM
Maze of mirrors, interesting. The question that came immediately to my mind was, does Sofiya still have those markers? But I think she put them away; that random item would have been helpful, I think.

Blivsey
28th April 2012, 4:42 PM
Asks about what? *looks away innocently*

Any more would be too much for one post, though. I'll wait a bit before trying a solution.

InnerFlame
28th April 2012, 5:43 PM
I actually just wanted to know if they could be cracked them; having a bunch of mirror reflecting you is really disorientating and I thought it would help mark where they've been. I think I got a plan mostly set in my head. I'll get to typing it up.

Zincspider
28th April 2012, 5:59 PM
Remember to send pans to me before assuming they work. Or just set it up, and don't carry it out.
Also, there is no 'Plan' here to be found.
Just go. Try to stay ahead of Shadow Liza and keep going.
There's no 'clever' way out of this. Despite being a maze, it's quite straight-forward. Just look out for Shadow Bears... wait. They haven't appeared yet.

TheSequelReturns
28th April 2012, 6:15 PM
Just crossed 12 time zones. Once the jet lag wears off, I'll get back to posting.

What's this about a maze? *goes to check*

GoldenHouou
28th April 2012, 9:01 PM
So fighting her is not an option if we wanna stay alive? Yikes, 'cause Sofiya most likely would try fighting her at first. And no, she doesn't have the markers, unfortunately - they're in her bag. Which is... somewhere that is not the maze. Yeah.

Oh, hey, one question just to be sure; so the group is in one place right now, right? In the middle of the maze with various paths going here and there? Are they expected to split up when they start running or remain as one group, or is that totally up to us? And unf, the bears. I pity JP though. All alone, far from the fun... and in some very deep ****.

Son_of_Shadows
28th April 2012, 9:04 PM
It's alright, there was no way you could have known it wasn't her's....
*looks at YMMV page*
Wait. You're scared of Shadow Liza, SoS?

Ooh, I am going to have FUN with this. Happy SoS.

And yes dammit! I'm sorry, but your description of her appearance was actually pretty scary. So kudos on that I guess. Of course, I'm an absolute wimp, so, yanno.

Zincspider
28th April 2012, 9:19 PM
Wait, fun with what, SoS?

As for you, GH, you're all together in the room at the moment, and there is one path leading out.
You can split up if you want, and you'd probably cover more ground, but you'd weaken your force. It's up to you. I can swing either way. Kinda like your sexuality.

GoldenHouou
28th April 2012, 9:24 PM
Jab at my sexuality all you want man, just remember:

I have Wight in my hands.

And boy, I can make him swing too. ♥

But yesh, thanks.

Niihyl
29th April 2012, 12:34 AM
Deadpan monotone:

Insincere horror: Split up? Split up? Who in their right mind would ever split up? Haven't you seen horror movies? Certain doom!

Excited: Hooray, the Court's begun. This should prove interesting.

Ponderous: Being chased by an ice sculpture in a maze, huh? The first of three. Well, I suppose we just run about for now, to avoid being devoured by the Yuki-majo.

Sincere: I'll post later.

Son_of_Shadows
29th April 2012, 12:54 AM
Wait, fun with what, SoS?

As for you, GH, you're all together in the room at the moment, and there is one path leading out.
You can split up if you want, and you'd probably cover more ground, but you'd weaken your force. It's up to you. I can swing either way. Kinda like your sexuality.

Well, this essentially is "the real" Ciara, right? I'm just going to have fun with his reactions. But of course, I'm getting ahead of myself.

Zincspider
29th April 2012, 1:10 AM
I never said anything about Shadow Ciara... I was talking about Liza's shadow not having to do with mirrors. You're grasping as straws here.
Pull out another and guess again.

MarbleZone
29th April 2012, 1:51 AM
Just to clarify my lack of initiative, I can't have Levin be rational and make a run for it just yet... It wouldn't be realistic for him to make the right choices off the bat, given he's just be thrown into all this, and he can't even summon his Persona yet, so he's panicking again. His mind just can't make sense of all this, and his survival instinct can't quite react instantly to mirrors and ice sculptures yet. Either someone snap him out of it, carry him or leave him to die/get lucky. :P

Son_of_Shadows
29th April 2012, 10:50 AM
I never said anything about Shadow Ciara... I was talking about Liza's shadow not having to do with mirrors. You're grasping as straws here.
Pull out another and guess again.

I think I'm just getting confused by what you're saying, so I'm going to stop here, keep my speculations to myself, and focus on getting Joshua out of the Mirror Maze. I'll probably have him give Levin a shake or something.

GoldenHouou
29th April 2012, 11:23 PM
Guess who finally has Persona 4? *excitement.. even though I won't have time to play for a while*sadface**

On a more related note, probably going to post tomorrow if I can't manage a post tonight. Sofiya's probably gonna go harass help the newbie too. Gives her an excuse to start running instead of trying to fight the thing. Yay.

Zincspider
30th April 2012, 12:34 PM
Persona: BOSS- Now with 50% more Nutshots.

niedude
30th April 2012, 12:56 PM
GH, remember that whole shower scene we wanted to do with Sofiya and JP?

Yeah, that's not gonna happen. If I let JP get punched in the nuts more often, he's going to be unable to have children. Or die. either one. And that's something I just can't do to him.
Blatant Lies

GoldenHouou
30th April 2012, 1:27 PM
'Course, everybody loves some nutshots! Long as they aren't directed at themselves, that is.

Aww, come on dude, you know you want to torture JP moar than that. I promise there will be no punching to the balls. Other unfortunate things may happen to them, though.

niedude
30th April 2012, 1:27 PM
Define "unfortunate"

GoldenHouou
30th April 2012, 1:33 PM
They will be left blue after ridiculous amounts of torture fanservice.

Zincspider
30th April 2012, 6:14 PM
JP was already punched in the fork by Shadow Diego, so I think he's had his fill of nauseating pain.

so I, punched you in the balls.

Why do I imagine Sofiya's voice getting deep and creepy here?

GoldenHouou
30th April 2012, 6:37 PM
Oh, right, he was, I had completely forgotten that, actually.

I kind of imagined her voice changing a bit when she said that, but deep and creepy... now that's a both an immensely disturbing and an utterly awesome mental image.

I may need to use that.

Zincspider
30th April 2012, 8:07 PM
Oh, niedude, by the time my last post ended, Shinai had already stood back up and reached the cold storage room, and walked in. And by cold storage I mean the hospital's emergancy blood-bank.
That's where JP would find him, not in the hall.

InnerFlame
30th April 2012, 8:18 PM
Composing a post right now... Poor Levin, Sofiya has become more unlikely for Russell to go near. She is climbing up the danger scale more than Lace.

Tis too bad that JP isn't with everyone else... He going to miss seeing his secret love, the mirror... or is it just his mirror he's in love with?

Vivian_Bloom
30th April 2012, 8:23 PM
Ok, that was new. I never thought Liza would have a shadow.

So, it's possible to slow her down? Ok. I'll post soon.

Shadow Liza will skewer whoever is slow or unfortunate enough to get close to her, huh...

"You don't have to be able
To outrun the bear,
You only have to be able
To outrun...
The slowest person in your group... Hair."

I can't make that rhyme any better.

Zincspider
30th April 2012, 8:23 PM
I do believe that JP is in love with all mirrors... sadly, the only one that loves him back is his own, and will never be able to let JP know his true feelings.
Damn, after reading a bit of Poe, SoS did a damn good job with that story for a little fanfiction.

niedude
30th April 2012, 8:26 PM
Oh, niedude, by the time my last post ended, Shinai had already stood back up and reached the cold storage room, and walked in. And by cold storage I mean the hospital's emergancy blood-bank.
That's where JP would find him, not in the hall.

See that is why I like to re-read things before I reply to them. I'll fix that in a jiffy

Zincspider
30th April 2012, 8:33 PM
@VB
Remember, when attacking the boss, just post what you try to do, and I'll follow it up with what you achieved. Never assume anything in a major fight.
This goes for everyone who is attempting to slow her down and just haven't told me.

InnerFlame
30th April 2012, 8:39 PM
Dang it, VB you better not post until I've posted! You going to make me have to rewrite the whole thing... I actually has going to have Russell try to slow her down and him get slightly hurt... Okay I've getting to typing before VB gets done.

Zincspider
30th April 2012, 11:12 PM
IF, i just explained that you don't carry through the attack. I control the Shadow Selves and what they do in response to an attack or how it affects them.
Swinging an axe, especially with Russell's young body, will not cut through two collumns of thick ice. Chainsaws even have trouble getting through ice.

InnerFlame
30th April 2012, 11:20 PM
Hmm I actually guess on the thickness I assume it was it was Liza thickness which seeing it her it would be rather thin because I see her as rather small and fragile. Leg are a few inches thick but I did forget to factor the ice part. I will change it right away.

Zincspider
30th April 2012, 11:22 PM
Just say what Russell plans to do (Say it in your post of course), and I'll take it from there.
I'll handle all the gory details.

InnerFlame
30th April 2012, 11:43 PM
Hmm... okay got it. I apologize I should really be more careful with my quick skimming of people's post because I missed that. I decided to remove the attack all together and just have Russell get a little too close trying to retrieve Levin's weapon.

Vivian_Bloom
1st May 2012, 12:07 AM
Nice, IF.

Alright, I just want to check before I start writing.

Zinc: Lace is going to hang back and engage Shadow Liza.

I'm not writing anything about how S. Liza (Shadow Liza) will react to my actions and will continue Lace's follow-up post based on the response you write for her. If her armor really is that tough, then I'll probably run.

Son_of_Shadows
1st May 2012, 12:27 AM
Yikes, looks like our healers might be busy tonight.

niedude
1st May 2012, 2:10 AM
Well, for once, there will be a Shadow Self attack where JP doesnt nearly die.

Case in point:

Diego kicked him in the balls. In mid air. Its a wonder they didnt rupture.
Miyuki super Hama'd him to death, leaving him with the game equivalent of 1 HP. He felt that attack even the day after.
S. JP. the very next day, slashed open real JP's chest.

Given his track history, and how I would have made JP "hold the line" for a while if he was the mirror maze, I can only imagine he'd end up impaled by Liza's finger blade things

Zincspider
1st May 2012, 2:34 AM
@VB
That's exactally how it should be done.
Good job.
As for me replying, depending if niedude ever edit's his post, it'll either be really short or really long.
(Also, I just finished my final essay for the year, so I'm really pumped right now. Expect alot of posts when you people start posting yourselves.

niedude
1st May 2012, 2:40 AM
I just posted my edit ;)

Blivsey
1st May 2012, 5:52 AM
Ah, figured that someone would go for the same workaround ad me eventually. Using the flying Persona for scouting was about the second solution I thought of out of five, and all the other four were either unlikely to succeed and/or risked serious injury. Also briefly considered burrowing, but then I remembered that we have no Earth magic any more.

Pecking away here and there at a post between exam study. Will probably have something up by the end of Thursday. (72 hours from now)

GoldenHouou
1st May 2012, 7:46 AM
I'm probably going to wait for Marble before posting so that he doesn't get too much to write. I'm still pondering whether Sofiya will hop on Horus's back and go scout with the bird (as dangerous as that is), or just have him go alone. If she does send Horus away though, she'll need someone to protect her meanwhile. Knife against ice isn't too effective. Though I guess she could always have Horus disappear and reappear next to her if she needs to.

But yeah, will wait a bit for Marble first.

EDIT: Oh right, just recalled we were supposed to edit the ability/strength/weakness list with... uh... something. I dun remember anymore. I think Water and Earth were removed, so we at least had to change our weaknesses/strengths away from those? KK, then, Sofiya's weaknesses are Lightning and Dark now. But hey, Zincy, would you mind checking my SU for the ability template and telling me which spells are too overpowered/if some of the spells on the next list are weak enough for her to have?

MarbleZone
1st May 2012, 12:21 PM
I'll get a post up today, sorry for the hold-up ;)

Zincspider
1st May 2012, 2:41 PM
I'll get a post up this morning as well, once I'm done with my English final.
Also, I'd like you all to take a look at this:

A set of form-based role plays created by ZincSpider, based on the Persona series of video games by Atlus. The game takes place in Quarterman, a small town of vague location. Much of the plot is borrowed from the Persona games proper, and Shout Outs are found aplenty. In fact, most of the important NPCs are inspired by - if not lifted directly from - other video games, movies, and anime.

Now, that's our summery on TvTropes... it's nice and all, but it's barely a paragraph long. If you guys could, go to work filling it out and giving a little more insight on the story thus far.
So far the summery is over half full of saying how much I've copied from other things... which makes me feel all sad inside.
I think it's closer to being it's own thing now to say it's one big rip-off, don't you? don't answer that or I'll feel even worse, and you don't want to be responsible for that do you?

GoldenHouou
1st May 2012, 6:40 PM
No rush, man. This isn't a holdup at all yet.

Ah, TvTropes, haven't been there for a while. Might add something to the summary, but not now. I don't dare step anywhere near that site right now. I'm procrastinating enough as is.

Vivian_Bloom
1st May 2012, 7:33 PM
I don't remember any direct shout outs to the Atlus games; besides the Personas.

I made a Tv Tropes account a while back, but I hardly visit it. Anyone can edit those pages as long as their an official user, right? Ok, I'll try to spice it up a little. I still don't understand that website.

EDIT: Alright! Well, the TvTropes page summary has been updated. There's already a "Last Time on POP..." write-up that Wordy and TSR did earlier, so I just kept it brief. High schoolers who battle evil spirits and what-not. I did what I could, so anyone's free to go and change it up. Have a look.

Son_of_Shadows
1st May 2012, 8:40 PM
(Also, I just finished my final essay for the year, so I'm really pumped right now. Expect alot of posts when you people start posting yourselves.

*fist bump* I just got my first essay back, with a top grade, and my second is due on Thursday. Ka-ballin.

Ideas I've had include having fire-users create a smokescreen at a junction to hide the direction we all take and having ice-resistant Persona users hold off Shadow Liza.

Also, may I suggest we make the current sign-up thread a little easier to access? A link in the OP of this thread would suffice. Ici (http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?564594-Persona-Burn-On-Shining-Souls!-(Sign-Ups)&highlight=).

Zincspider
1st May 2012, 9:44 PM
@VB
That's wonderful, thank you. Even if it does make me think of a soap-opera, what are but just that, really? A soap-opera with the summoning of brain-fairies in order to fight inky blobs of human emotion. But a soap none the less.

@SoS
I've gotten a perfect on all my essays, and I don't think this one will be any different. I just hate writing somthing for a grade (The paper was the same length as my last post here, by the way. It wasn't exatcly long.)
Also, go ahead and try... it'll be ammusing for me.

Jason-Kun
1st May 2012, 10:08 PM
I'll post either later tonight or tomorrow morning, depending on how much of a post I manage to bang out/my mood at the time. Just popping in to say that much.

Zincspider
1st May 2012, 11:19 PM
So Lace was pimp-slapped down the hallway. Not that Shadow Liza would say it as such... she's a bit brief. Chooses not to use loaded words as well.
Writings from her perspective are going to be very short.

Shinai also shared a few kind words with JP, as well.
His first interaction with a PC other than Sofiya a whole session ago!

niedude
1st May 2012, 11:27 PM
That was... odd. Shinai's really going insane, isn't he? I'd assume he'd at least hide some of his... creepiness. Regardless, he's caught JP's attention, and he won't be getting away that easily. I assume Shinai will keep ignoring JP should he try to speak to him? My post will probably end with JP chasing Shinai down the hall and grabbing him by the arm after his been ignored enough.

And I love the writting style you use with S.Liza. So... robot-y. EVERYONE, THROW YOURSELVES AT SHADOW LIZA JUST SO ZINC CAN WRITE MORE OF HER AUTOMATON AWESOMENESS.

In return I may try to get some ShinaixJP going on.

Ysavvryl
2nd May 2012, 12:06 AM
I had my post written, and then a Zinc post appears. Of course.

The thoughts of another GM about Mana's idea with Horus: use the example of the Cardcaptor Sakura Maze card. When Sakura thought to use Fly to get out, Maze caused itself to grow a mile high. And presumably would keep doing so if she still tried. Of course, they ended up using a powerful item to just bust through the maze walls...

niedude
2nd May 2012, 12:10 AM
I had my post written, and then a Zinc post appears. Of course.

The thoughts of another GM about Mana's idea with Horus: use the example of the Cardcaptor Sakura Maze card. When Sakura thought to use Fly to get out, Maze caused itself to grow a mile high. And presumably would keep doing so if she still tried. Of course, they ended up using a powerful item to just bust through the maze walls...

So awesome to see I wasn't the only one who remembered this.
But what doomed Sakura was she didn't have the support cards that would help her get through the maze then, like Loop (form a loop around the exit and the place she was) or rubber (erasing instead of destroying the walls) or any other clever trick, since that maze called for a magic trick to beat it. Zinc's made it pretty clear we just need to run until we run across drunk vikings mounting bears, supposedly being commanded by a *****.

Alright I kinda assumed the last part, but I made my point.

Ysavvryl
2nd May 2012, 12:18 AM
So awesome to see I wasn't the only one who remembered this.
But what doomed Sakura was she didn't have the support cards that would help her get through the maze then, like Loop (form a loop around the exit and the place she was) or rubber (erasing instead of destroying the walls) or any other clever trick, since that maze called for a magic trick to beat it. Zinc's made it pretty clear we just need to run until we run across drunk vikings mounting bears, supposedly being commanded by a *****.

Alright I kinda assumed the last part, but I made my point.

I only own the first six mangas, and I can only remember seeing two or three episodes. So I wouldn't know of those cards. *needs to get more of the manga*

Shinai might be too absorbed in madness already to realize that he looks creepy.

Does robo-Shadow-Liza have eyebeams?

Zincspider
2nd May 2012, 12:55 AM
Does robo-Shadow-Liza have eyebeams?

Well, she didn't.
Now I'm not so sure.

@niedude
He'll totally ignore him and mumble to himself until actually grabbed.

Son_of_Shadows
2nd May 2012, 12:56 AM
Oh wow, Cardcaptors, that takes me back about ten years. Good Lord. Nickelodeon used to be so cool. But yeah, I would imagine Zinc has a measure like that in place to prevent us cheating.

Whee, a flying Lace. I take it she'll be seeing circling birdies and trying to catch them. Seems like something she'd do.

So, Shadow Liza is basically an icy Terminator? We're boned. Quick, someone call John Connor!

I'm sort of wondering how to write my next post without it being "Joshua continued with the group through the maze of mirrors, twisting and turning through corridors." He's definitely not going to engage Liza unless someone's in big trouble.

EDIT: YSAVVRYL WHAT HAVE YOU DONE, NOW SHE HAS RANGE.

Zincspider
2nd May 2012, 1:00 AM
I would imagine Zinc has a measure like that in place to prevent us cheating.

Even if there was something I hadn't thought of, be sure that it will be countered in my next post.

So, Shadow Liza is basically an icy Terminator? We're boned. Quick, someone call John Connor!

Nah, but writing a completely emotionless voice often sounds robotical. She doesn't feel the need to kill... or at least doesn't know she feels it.

I'm sort of wondering how to write my next post without it being "Joshua continued with the group through the maze of mirrors, twisting and turning through corridors." He's definitely not going to engage Liza unless someone's in big trouble.

Have him run into walls and get a bloody nose. I'm not sure if you people realize how confusing a maze of mirrors is. You can't really tell what's open and what's not on the fly without touching it unless you're really perceptive.

EDIT: YSAVVRYL WHAT HAVE YOU DONE, NOW SHE HAS RANGE.

Mwah hah hah laddy.

Answered in quote.

Ysavvryl
2nd May 2012, 1:05 AM
Yay, I've used my evil GM skills in a game that's not my own! I could make that suggestion even worse, you know (and it'd be all too easy).

Zincspider
2nd May 2012, 1:09 AM
I'm not sure... I just have a weakness for lazzzzer eyes.
Of course, I'll probably save those for later on somthing else.
*And then Shadow Sigmund was born*

EDIT: Wait. Mirrors reflect lasers!...
LAZZZZZZER GRID! YOU WILL BE SLICED!

niedude
2nd May 2012, 1:33 AM
I'm not sure... I just have a weakness for lazzzzer eyes.
Of course, I'll probably save those for later on somthing else.
*And then Shadow Sigmund was born*

EDIT: Wait. Mirrors reflect lasers!...
LAZZZZZZER GRID! YOU WILL BE SLICED!

It is at this moment that everyone will start doing the matrix while dodging lasers.

Best. RP. Ever.

Ysavvryl
2nd May 2012, 4:57 AM
You got it! Not only that, but since it is a maze, they'd be bouncing all over the place, extending her range even further. Maybe even hitting Shadow Liza, but then there are more of us than her. We'd be risking a total party wipe... scary.

Niihyl
2nd May 2012, 5:04 AM
A deadly matrix of lasers that takes Matrix-style bullet-time to dodge? Oh... I think we'll be needing a lot of Media...

Trafuri!

Ohright, Alice/Mana's weaknesses are now Fire and Light, with Absorb-Dark. Null-Dark if Abs. isn't permitted.

Son_of_Shadows
2nd May 2012, 10:37 AM
If I remember right, Absorb isn't permitted, so yeah, Null Dark.

In response to Zinc's point about confusion: I suppose I haven't really been picturing it yet, I can picture the glass surfaces but not the reflections of the whole area that would make it so bizarre.

Ysavvryl
2nd May 2012, 4:20 PM
Well when you put one mirror facing another, its reflection will show up in the other mirror's reflection, which will show up in the first mirror's reflection, which will show up in the second mirror's reflection... and so on to eternity, or until it gets so small that the human eye can't see it (but it's still there). So there's like an infinite number of reflections of everyone inside the maze, making an immense amount of visual activity. Especially if people are calling their Personas and lobbing fireballs and such about. And if the mirrors are really clean, it messes with your perception because it's harder to judge distances. Watching the mirrors for long will become visually overwhelming.

Way back when I was a kid (before some of you were born), I once visited a children's science museum where they had an enclosed mirror room set up. You crawled in one place and every wall (ceiling, floor, and the closed door included) in the small space was a mirror. That was pretty crazy and I got dizzy watching my little sister jump around.

Zincspider
2nd May 2012, 4:28 PM
Absorb is fine if it's dark. There aren't enough enemies that use it to make it a problem.
Absorb is hard to get, usually you'd have to take a weakness that's common to get it (Liza has absorb Ice, but is weak to strike attacks, the default attack of most shadows.).

Also, Ysa's got it right.
A mirror maze is about confusing as hell. It can hurt you metally and physically.

GoldenHouou
2nd May 2012, 4:34 PM
Oh hey, Ysa, I've been in a place like that too (it wasn't a museum though, 'twas an amusement park. Our museums are dusty and boring). Though there were openings there places you could walk through that weren't mirrors, but they actually made it even worse. The idea was to find your way through the mirror maze. I remember my tactic was pretty much... touch everything and see where my hand got through 8P

I second whoever said we should all throw ourselves at the terminator S!Liza just to hear her talk, btw. Of course, Sofiya won't be doing that, she'll be risking her life on Horus' back above the possibly sharp-edged mirrors instead.

Might post tomorrow if Marble doesn't do so today anyway.

Zincspider
2nd May 2012, 4:36 PM
I've never actually seen the terminator movies... or the Matrix. I feel so out of the loop here.
All I know is blue pill/red pill, "I know Kung-Fu", and 'Ill be bach'... and I'm not ever sure that's from the right movies.

GoldenHouou
2nd May 2012, 4:37 PM
I've seen the first Matrix. That's all I need. Haven't seen the rest either. Or Terminator. Or LotR. Or Star Wars.

I feel out of the loop everywhere I go.

Zincspider
2nd May 2012, 4:45 PM
I don't understand niedude's infatuation with Shadow Liza's thoughts.
The tense chages, like, every other line. It's very badly written. I'll have to edit it in a bit.
It's too confusing.

niedude
2nd May 2012, 5:35 PM
I've never actually seen the terminator movies... or the Matrix. I feel so out of the loop here.
All I know is blue pill/red pill, "I know Kung-Fu", and 'Ill be bach'... and I'm not ever sure that's from the right movies.

In all truth, this is basically where I stand.
So far, its got me where I need to be.

Son_of_Shadows
3rd May 2012, 12:01 AM
'Ill be bach'... and I'm not ever sure that's from the right movies.

So... You'll be a famous composer? In that case, I want to be Mozart.

I'm sorry, I had to.

So, the maze is incredibly disorienting because of all the reflections, Persona and fireballs. Gotcha. Prepare to bounce off walls, Joshua!

GoldenHouou
3rd May 2012, 5:58 AM
... Is it sad that I didn't even realize we had anything else but the main and the Character pages over at TvTropes? I only now discovered the Funny/Heartwarming/etc. pages when looking for stuff to add and noticing all the funny buttons to the right.

In my defense, I'm still a n00b troper.

Zincspider
3rd May 2012, 11:43 PM
Well, GH, there you have it. Levin thinking Sofiya for getting punched in the nuts.
I hope she doesn't assume she should apply this to other situations. I do believe there are only three in which she'd get praised for nutkicking.

So...
I also have recieved word from TSR.
Because he's going to college in the Phillipines (I have no idea why), and he was lied to about his internet, he won't be able to get on very much.
Because he took the time to let me know I'll do my best to not get angry at his abscence. If I have to, I'll bunny Miyuki a bit.

In other news, do any of the old members remember my friend with the brain tumor from last year?
Yeah... it's back.
And I find out before my two hardest finals. It doesn't exatcally aid stress to hear somthing like that.
So, I might not be too 'happy' the next week or so until I find out what's going on.

Son_of_Shadows
4th May 2012, 1:17 AM
Well, that all sucks the big one Zinc, I'm really sorry to hear that. I'd like to think I speak for all of us here when I say don't feel bad about taking time out from us if you need to - real life is vastly more important. But I also like to think we're buds in some small fashion. Not traditional buds, but I still care about you, and I'll be thinking of you and your friend because of that. Sometimes, life is just cruel and picks days where it just decides to pile everything on. I don't really know what else to say here.

GoldenHouou
4th May 2012, 3:57 PM
Three situations where she'd get praised? Now I'm curious. I can only think of one, and knowing you and me, I doubt that's what you were thinking.

And I second SoS; that sucks something else. I'm not really sure what to say since I suck at trying to comfort people and it's not like anything I say could really help anyway, but I wish all the best to you and especially to your friend regardless. Hopefully you'll get a better picture of the situation and she pulls through again, like she did the last time!

niedude
4th May 2012, 5:52 PM
Knowing you, Zinc, I'm sure you're friend has enough motivation to kick that tumor's *** all over again. And though we've never seen or talked to each other without the aid of keyboards and screens, I consider us all friends. And the friends of my friends are my friends, too, soooooooooooooo I'm rooting for her, too ;D

MarbleZone
4th May 2012, 7:08 PM
Best of luck to her and you as well; it's never an easy thing to go through, especially more than once. I'm sure things will work out though!

Vivian_Bloom
4th May 2012, 9:58 PM
Oh man, I hope things turn out okay. I've never seen anyone in that kind of situation before, but -- I know it must be tough.
Yeah, SOS is right. Take the time to do whatever you have to do. We'll be right here. Just be there for her.

Blivsey
4th May 2012, 11:20 PM
Real life always comes before anything here, Zinc. You've been patient with us, and we owe you the same courtesy. We've all got your back here, and that includes your friend. Here's hoping that you both pull through all right.

As far as RP business, goes, Sigmund's acting on his damsel-in-distress reflex again (I really need to add a line about that to his bio). Feel free to have Lace shout at him all you like, VB - he's tuning Lace out at the moment.

Zincspider
5th May 2012, 1:48 AM
Thanks guys, but there's not much I can really do. She's off in New Orleans getting tests run, and I'm several hours away.
I'm not going to get down over it.
Instead, I'll throw ya'll a teaser since you've been so kind:
http://zincspider.deviantart.com/#/d4ylhhl

Enjoy that, and wonder how you're going to deal with it's claws around your throat.

EDIT: Is it bad I thought that Bliv hadn't posted? It was burried between Marbly's and GH's.

niedude
5th May 2012, 2:42 AM
..Why does that look like Shadow joshua...?

Zincspider
5th May 2012, 2:48 AM
Because you're wrong.
Zinc ignores any and all Sexy Josh jokes. I won't bring that 'meme' (can't really be called that, as only we speak of it) into the game.

Son_of_Shadows
5th May 2012, 12:12 PM
Wait, so you were serious about the bears? Oh yes.

I've sent ideas to Zinc about Shadow Joshua (about what he manifests from mostly, not his actual appearance or powers) a while ago, and not one of them included "Sexy Josh". Whether he intends to use any of them, I have no idea.

niedude
5th May 2012, 12:14 PM
I only mentioned Josh cause he and JP are the only cast members I remember keeping a perma stubble.
Unless Halberd does too and I just cant recall...

Wordy
6th May 2012, 3:06 AM
And it's the Wordy post! Former threadwarmer, falling from grace. Hard.

Did it hurt when I fell from heaven? Huhuhuhuhuhu. Yes, it did.

I have no excuse, aside from the fact that I have exams starting in nine days that will continue until the middle of June, with a break from the 3rd-10th June for Whitsun. Bully for me. So yeah, I totally have the bestest excuse ever for not doing anything re: Internet because these exams are apparently important according to everyone who tells me so. Yay, fun, work. Especially since I'm realising now that I don't know anything. I seriously haven't a clue. About life.

Anyway...
I think I'm the last excuseless person to have posted, right? So we can move onto more fun story stuff.

UFO dude looks grizzled. Hawhaw.
...God, I need to get out more.

Zincspider
6th May 2012, 3:09 AM
I love how bear comes up when looking at that picture.
It's more of a mixture of sabre-toothed tiger and wolf. Sabre-Toothed Werewolf. A beast if you will.

Niihyl
6th May 2012, 7:28 AM
My condolences... a bit belatedly, of course. Been a bit tangled up between various real-life artifices and Madoka... haven't been here nearly as often as I should have.

As for the - ah - Beast, I now realize why they call him Randy.

Kiruria
6th May 2012, 7:39 AM
Bah, I haven't posted here in two weeks. I apologise. And I am also sorry about your situation, Zinc. I still have two more RPG's to catch up in, and it's almost bedtime for me now, so I hope to post tomorrow or Monday.

Zincspider
6th May 2012, 3:51 PM
It's alright.

@Niihyl
You're the warmest.

@niedude
Heeeeeeeeey.
Write your post in reaction to Shinai.
So I can get a move on.

GoldenHouou
6th May 2012, 4:24 PM
I was thinking it could be Shadow Randy, but you already drew a pic of Shadow Randy so nnnnnn I dunno. Maybe it's the Jester's love interest.

Anyway, yay, people are coming baaaack~

Vivian_Bloom
8th May 2012, 12:52 AM
-- What we talk about when we talk about Writing --

Everyone. Do you find it easier to write out your character's posts as time goes on? Is there a set format, or style that you go to that your comfortable with that cranks out the writing faster? I start with a small direction at the beginning based on someone elses response, then veer off. I come back later to edit.

How do you go about writing your characters here? It's kind of like dictation. I'm talking about BOSS, and our Persona series in particular, but it can be anything that you've been involved with. Do you outline? Wing it? Or, just mash at the keyboard until five or six paragraphs take up your screen?

niedude
8th May 2012, 12:57 AM
In this RPG (and its previous incarnations) I usually improvise most things. If there is one thing I want JP to end up doing, I set a goal in mind and try to steer him in that direction. But this is the beauty of being in a long running RP, really: I am no longer in control of my character.

I find myself writing things I didn't plan, or sometimes even want to write. JP versus S.JP? Went totally against what I wanted. I wished to draw it out, but JP kept screaming at me to be more direct in his approach. I also wouldn't have had JP throw his weapons away, especially when his ankle was already twisted, were it not so befitting of JP's personality (I believe there was something in the Shadow's dialog that pretty much compelled me to write the scene the way I did)

tl;dr: Ad lib the crap out of everything.

Son_of_Shadows
8th May 2012, 1:16 AM
What niedude said. I don't plan anything. Planning is boring. I just let my keyboard carry me away~

Zincspider
8th May 2012, 1:29 AM
I meticulously plan out every outcome that my players may think of in response to my future post. Then I squash all hope from their frail bodies as I paint a scene of despair upon a canvas of dread, just waiting for them to try and outsmart me.
Then, when they think they've achieved their goal, I remind them just who's running this game.
They cannot win. They cannot beat me. They cannot survive unless I deem it fit. Forever they'll have to endure a boring game of cat and mouse, somthing only a fool would agree to continue.
And yet... here you all are. On the eve of our one year anniversery. Somehow still attracted to the bleak picture I've created in just black and white. And I ask myself: why?
Then I remember...
It's probably because I don't do that, and the whole paragraph above me was just a way to say:
THE EIGTH IS OUR ONE YEAR ANNIVERSERY, JACK-OFFS! ARE YOU AS EXCITED AS ME? I DOUBT IT!.

EDIT: I plan mine out, and think about the details while walking around campus and listening to my Ipod.

Kiruria
8th May 2012, 1:39 AM
Interesting question, VB. As for whether I plan out posts or not, it totally depends on the RPG and the situation. In things like battles, I'm more likely to wing it because I have no idea what the GM has planned for the situation. However, as the creator of Halberd, I am typically not comfortable writing something without a plan (or at least part of one). I usually have at least a general idea of what I am going to post before I start typing it up. And then I adjust it according to the most recent posts in the RPG. Also, I typically don't edit my posts afterward unless I spot a grammatical error, spot a mistake I made about something that happened in the RPG, or if somebody ninja'd me in posting (as what VB just did to me in this RPG).

I think a lot about my characters anyway, so I've already thought about some things that Halberd could do if certain things happened in this RPG, and what he could do about Russell. I even have a plan for him to start making a new weapon to use against the Shadows--something that's not a sword, but nothing fancy either. Something that's more... appropriate for him, say. And I've already thought about what Shadow Halberd might be like. I like to plan things far in advance, but on posts I am stuck winging it in certain situations.

Part of the reason why I do all this planning is because the vast majority of the characters I play in RPG's are part of one or more stories I plan to write in the future--participating in these RPG's is a way for me to develop their characters a bit more. Therefore, a lot of my characters tend to have connections to one another. When I signed up as Halberd for Persona: OP, I came in with sort of a backstory already extensively planned out for him, namely in the form of his family and the Black Cat Bandits. Ever since I wrote that signup, I knew the other Black Cat Bandits were going to have to be involved at some point in the RPG, hence why I mentioned them so much in the actual RPG. Yeah, it was funny--I've signed up as other Black Cat Bandits in other RPG's and mentioned Halberd as an NPC there, but this was my first time ever having him as my main character. I'm really liking what has become of his character so far.

EDIT: And when I'm the GM of an RPG, I almost always plan things out, much in the same manner as Zinc described in the latter part of his post. I already have certain details planned out for the future plot of my Earthbound RPG. I don't think about every possible thing the player can do; just what I generally want to happen. If a character does something odd or goes the wrong way (I had that happen once recently), I'm pretty good at whipping up a creative solution that brings them back on track...

Blivsey
8th May 2012, 1:50 AM
Hey! Remember that thing that I was trying a while back? You know, the one where I try to make sense of anything Lace says or does? I may have to give that up - it's not working out as well as I'd hoped. (To be fair, I recognize that she was delirious this time around.)

As for planning, I might have vague goals two posts or so ahead that I want to work towards, but for the most part I just write everything as I go. I've tried to keep long-term goals and forethought in mind in other RPs (B*RS: IS will probably be one of those), but Sigmund doesn't tend to plan more than a move or two ahead, anyway, so I don't worry about it. Sometimes I even come up with something amusing for him to do halfway through writing a post that would derail future plans, anyway, so it's not worth it here. On the small scale, I find that responding to immediate changes in the character's environment and going forward from that usually gives me a good direction to build enough material for a sizable post.

Anniversary tomorrow, you say? You should totally celebrate in the only appropriate way: killing off characters! The more the better!
...Actually, please don't. Please forget that I ever ever ever suggested that. Have mercy, O Zinc.

niedude
8th May 2012, 2:09 AM
Hey! Remember that thing that I was trying a while back? You know, the one where I try to make sense of anything Lace says or does? I may have to give that up - it's not working out as well as I'd hoped. (To be fair, I recognize that she was delirious this time around.)

Dude, I go through whole pages of not knowing what Lace is up to sometimes. I just get lost in that delusional mind of hers.

Anniversary tomorrow, you say? You should totally celebrate in the only appropriate way: killing off characters! The more the better!
...Actually, please don't. Please forget that I ever ever ever suggested that. Have mercy, O Zinc.

YOU FOOL
YOU'VE DOOMED US ALL

Vivian_Bloom
8th May 2012, 2:12 AM
"Confusing? That means it's workin'." Mumble...mumble.

Some great answers people. Thanks a million.

Tomorrow's the one-year anniversary for 'Persona'? Oh man, we gotta' do something! So like, New Year's Resolutions?
Lace: "My resolution for the New Year is to eat less fruit!"

A full year? ...Geez. Congrats on keeping this up for so long, guys, girls, etc! Who knows what'll happen, come next year.

Niihyl
8th May 2012, 4:16 AM
Wing it. Wing the everloving hell out of it. Well, I plan things out when I have time, and I usually have long term goals and ideas, but especially in an RP, nothing ever goes as planned. I'm not the only one writing this story, so I play the hand that I'm dealt.

My writing would probably be better if I planned things... And stopped watching Doctor Who/Firefly/Game of Thrones at the same time. With some Japanese verb conjugation thrown in there for good measure... ;;

Con~gra~tu~la~tions~! We've been together for a whole year now! Can ya believe it? A toast to another grand year before us. May our posts be filled with horror and humor in good measure, and we do pray that the two do not collide catastrophically /ShadowSofiya.

niedude
8th May 2012, 12:47 PM
TBH I had no idea that this RPG's b-day was one day before mine. Srsly, none. This feels like the sort of thing one should remember, too.

Anyway...

CONGRATULATIONS!
[video removed cause I completely forgot the ban on the xO]

Son_of_Shadows
8th May 2012, 1:49 PM
Wow, seriously? It's been a whole year already? Holy shenangians Joker. Well, here's to probably another couple, folks!

Zincspider
8th May 2012, 1:56 PM
WOOHOO!
We made it!
(Oh, God, niedude take the video down. No youtube tube. No youtube.)

I'll have a post up some time today. A nice juicy one to comemerate the event.

niedude
8th May 2012, 2:07 PM
removed the video.
I actually did forget about the mod warning.
DAMN YOU MODS, REFRAINING ME FROM ALLUDING TO NGE
THIS IS A VIOLATION OF MY RIGHTS
JUSTIFIED REVOLUTION!

Later. Now I need a bath.

Nice, juicy post?
As long as said juices don't ooze from any particular body part I assume we'll all be fine with that.

Zincspider
8th May 2012, 4:15 PM
Yay!
Now I can celebrate without worry of the thread being closed for good! Other than my computer getting a virus that charged my credit card 60 dollars (which I've fixed), it's a damn good day!
Niedude, don't suck the fun out of my juicy post.

Shinai: How does it feel? To know that every year, your own birthday will be shadowed by that of a text based forum RPG?

GoldenHouou
8th May 2012, 4:48 PM
HAPPY BIIRTHDDDAAAAY EEVERRRYONE! No but seriously, love you guys. Lots.

But geez, didn't realize our birthday'd be this soon. I still haven't gotten started on the present. Meh, luckily it'll be vacation time for me soon~

Now here's to another great year! Or twelve.

And that's right Nied, stop sucking juices outta... hum, posts.

InnerFlame
8th May 2012, 11:07 PM
Sorry for the lack of posting. It was storming for a couple of days and the internet was shaky. Then it was lost for like three whole days; everything home phone line, cable and internet. Someone finally came over and fix it. I'm going to read up and catch up as soon as possible.

Ysavvryl
9th May 2012, 1:55 AM
Yay for game anniversary! It's pretty awesome when a game lasts. Let's see this thing through to completion!

Tired tonight... Oh, random gaming question above... I write game posts by starting with other people's posts, trying to make links and connections even if it's between other people's characters and not my own, and working on my own plans for my character. I generally have a personal goal that I work towards. Although I love being able to set up for another player's big reveal or moment of awesome. That last one is also why I GM a lot.

And different characters of mine call for different writing styles and different gaming methods. Snow gets a moderately lively and deeply introspective tone, which owes a lot to his Tarot meaning, but he's also fun because he has hidden factors (hidden in-game, as it's all in his SU).

Although sometimes I worry about being too subtle and being an excessive world-builder due to my experience in novel writing.

Zincspider
9th May 2012, 7:02 AM
So it was shorter than I hoped, but I got it up.
Two minutes before mindnight!
Wahoo!
Keep going through the maze guys. If Shadow Liza approaches you, you get smack. If you don't post and get moving, you get smacked.
In fact, you may get skewered. I'm gonna play this one by ear.

EDIT: Also, Happy Birthday niedude.
I gave JP a kick in the face for you.

Kiruria
9th May 2012, 7:57 AM
Yes, that's right... although I'm kinda waiting for either Inner Flame, Vivian Bloom, or Blivsey to post. Alas, a young girl's cry for help trumps any logical plan.

Zincspider
9th May 2012, 8:22 AM
Logical? Let me tell you somthing about logic and reason:
You can kick th-
... you know what, I'll let Niihyl take over on that one.

I didn't have time for it when writing the post, but Liza's using the Right-Hand method. She's keeping her right hand on the wall, and going where ever it takes her. She might find dead ends, but she'll eventually find the way out... or to the next section. The trick works for all mazes with continuous walls. Your character might wise up and use that, or just follow the leader like Izzy. Or, if you really want to try your luck, get close to Shadow Liza and let her catapult you into another part of the maze. It won't hurt. Too much at least.

Son_of_Shadows
9th May 2012, 3:16 PM
^I've seriously considered doing that for the funnies.

Suddenly, Shinai reminds me of Robert Downey Jr.'s Sherlock Holmes... And my God, JP has been hit with the Worf Effect HARD. I'll try to get a post out by the weekend, but no promises. My exams kind of have to take priority.

Zincspider
9th May 2012, 4:01 PM
Which one? Getting hit, following, or just sticking your hand on the wall like a square?

Worf effect? He tried picking a fight with the freaking devil. I don't think I could have painted him as any more dangerous. It's his own fault.
Now if I had a random shadow beat him up on a normal night to send fear down your spines, that would be the Worf Effect.
But that's not the case.
Also, a really angry guy is strong... but he's not exactally paying attention to anything else.
"You must learn to harness your rage, son. Given time, it is a poweful weapon. But if left to run freely, it is naught but a death sentence."

EDIT: Now I can't help but imagine Shinai as Tony fuggin Stark. I like it too much.

InnerFlame
9th May 2012, 5:43 PM
Okay I'm mostly read up today; firstly Happy Birthday niedude, Happy Anniversary Persona Trilogy: UtGoG, POP and BOSS.

About writing my character I actually do makes plans ideas of what I want my characters to do instead of just blindly making it up as I go. Though whether I go through with it or not depends on the RPG itself. I plan to have Russell to have a crush on Thersea but as you can see that's no longer possible as he has no way to get to know her now. I also had plan to have him mostly avoid Halberd but since his persistence to pursue his friendship is stronger than I thought it would be, Russell hangs out more than he would have because he feel bad about always dodging him when he always so friendly to him. So, yes I make plans but I'm flexible about it and I based it on the what happens in the actual RPG.

As a GM, the one time I was one, I plan out everything (and I mean everything) but I had a difficult time following it with all the other different characters and I think I just overwhelm myself trying... I think next time, if I ever try starting another RPG, I'm just going to have basic points that I want them to pass through and the ending I want and try filling the blank spots as I go.

Kiruria, I'll be trying to get a post in today or tomorrow so don't be disappearing for two weeks just yet.

niedude
9th May 2012, 8:52 PM
EDIT: Also, Happy Birthday niedude.
I gave JP a kick in the face for you.

Thank you =D And I'm sure he appreciates it.
BTW, being unconscious and all, should I wait till the Court ends for him to wake up? It's not like I can have him do that much anymore anyway.

And thanks for the happy b-day wishes too, IF =D
(and thanks to anyone who's wished happy bday to me too that I may have happened to miss)

Zincspider
9th May 2012, 8:55 PM
You can have him wake up within a few minutes. I intended for him to actually hear Shinai's warning at the end, so he might have only seemed unconscious. Maybe just half out of his wits, dazed from the kick.

niedude
9th May 2012, 9:29 PM
Oh, unconscious or not, I expected him to hear that before he went completely blank.
But sure, I'll have him wake up and go through a bit of an introspective routine.

GoldenHouou
9th May 2012, 10:19 PM
School's ooovveerrrr.

Well, not really, I still have a portfolio to do, so I'll be busy these next few days as well. But I'm so close now. I can't post yet anyway, kinda waiting for Niihyl and Marble.

Oh, happy birthday Nie, bro!

Kiruria
9th May 2012, 10:27 PM
Oh don't worry, I'm not planning any two-week absences anytime soon. Actually, I never plan those. Especially now that I have lots of other RPG's keeping me here. I'm in, what, five total now? Geez.

Zincspider
10th May 2012, 12:16 AM
Hmmm.... expect the Izzy section of my last post to be either gone or fixed up soon.
I wrote the Shinai section over the course of 45 minutes or so, changing a bunch of things, but I had to rush Izzy's out in about 5 minutes to get it up in time (Ended up having to go to the doctor and bank yesterday. Neck problems and debit card was comprimised. Long story. Fixed now.)
What happened to the flying scouts still stands. If you try to get high in the Maze, or stay above the walls for more than a few seconds, you'll start to accumulate ice. It'll drag fliers down, and cause slight damage.
People who send them up (Sofiya and Cinders), you'll feel a bit of their pain.

Wait.
Cinders. Snow and Cinders.
Craaaaaaaaaaaaap.
Ysa. I'm so sorry. I completely forgot.

MarbleZone
10th May 2012, 12:32 AM
I'll post tomorrow, life hasn't been easy. Sorry.

Son_of_Shadows
10th May 2012, 12:35 AM
Which one? Getting hit, following, or just sticking your hand on the wall like a square?

Worf effect? He tried picking a fight with the freaking devil. I don't think I could have painted him as any more dangerous. It's his own fault.
Now if I had a random shadow beat him up on a normal night to send fear down your spines, that would be the Worf Effect.
But that's not the case.
Also, a really angry guy is strong... but he's not exactally paying attention to anything else.
"You must learn to harness your rage, son. Given time, it is a poweful weapon. But if left to run freely, it is naught but a death sentence."

EDIT: Now I can't help but imagine Shinai as Tony fuggin Stark. I like it too much.

Getting hit, and thrown obviously. You forget, when it comes to Joshua, I enjoy beating seven shades of crap out of him. It's disturbing.

Shadow Liza: I'm a Chuckster!

You're welcome for Shinai Stark.

Niihyl
10th May 2012, 1:11 AM
Left-hand rule only works if all of the maze walls are interconnected or connected to the outer edge, I believe. Also, this maze is magic. Although we don't really have a better plan. Left-hand rule it is.

Wait, how about wall hopping? Instead of flying a long distance up above the walls, we flap over one by one in a straight line until we reach the exit? Fliers wouldn't be above the walls for longer than one or two seconds. I assume Horus can carry people, yes? Egyptian ferry service?

Postin'... soon.

niedude
10th May 2012, 3:09 AM
A friend, whose father has cancer, and whose grandparents are dying of some weird disease I dont even know, and who was struggling through all college tuitions as is just got the news that his mother died of a heart attack.

Im attending the funeral tomorrow, so you wont hear of me so soon.

And yes, for those of you who do the math, my friend just probably had the worst day of his life the same day I turned 20. Totally didn't ruin my so far awesome b.day... I dont think Ill ever forget this, too (neither will he, yeah, but the internet is the only place Im allowed to make this sound even slightly about me without sounding like an incredible *******, even when it isnt my intent to hog the spotlight. Which Im inadvertently doing. Damn.)

TheSequelReturns
10th May 2012, 4:38 PM
So... Long story short, I had no Internet for a week. However, I'll have full Internet restored within the next few days. Assuming Zinc hasnt killed Miyuki in my absence, I'll be making a post in the next few days.

See you guys soon.

Zincspider
11th May 2012, 3:57 PM
Alright, I think our time of shock is over.
Sorry to hear about that niedude, your friend's family is in my prayers.
But now we should really get back to work.

EDIT: Great. Have to take a summer class. Starts on Monday, and I go until the 29th. Everyday. Kinda sucks. Not even weekends off.

Son_of_Shadows
11th May 2012, 10:32 PM
That third paragraph may be the most redundant thing I have ever written. Good Lord. Oh well, got the job done. So yeah, follow Joshua if you like. Alternatively you may think he's a moron and go your own way. Have fun.

Zincspider
11th May 2012, 11:12 PM
Shadow Liza doesn't have her hand on the wall. That's silly.
Regular Liza does. You might want to rethink that.
Shadow Liza just knows where you are and where to go. She doens't need any tricks.

Blivsey
12th May 2012, 12:15 AM
Well, seeing as all options circumventing normal maze navigation are being systematically shot down, I'm running out of ways around this, meaning that Sigmund's just going to be running as far away from Shadow!Liza as possible and hoping he finds an exit. So, his posts won't be very interesting - I might be able to get four or five paragraphs out of this, but nothing that's going to change his status beyond a panicked run.

Basically, I'm ready for the inevitable bear phase.

Son_of_Shadows
12th May 2012, 12:54 AM
DAMN IT WHY CAN'T I READ. Fixing now.

Zincspider
12th May 2012, 6:27 PM
Well, seeing as all options circumventing normal maze navigation are being systematically shot down, I'm running out of ways around this.

Good. Seriously. I'm railroading the best I can here. Just. Run.
There's absolutely nothing to be gained by trying to find your own way out of the thing.

Niihyl, taking time to wall hop will only get you skewered. Shadow Liza is slow, but not slow enough to allow the whole group to wall-hop without someone getting the crap stabbed out of them.

I think I've told you people before:
Don't try and find a short cut. It'll just end badly. There's no trick here.
This area is but the stage for what comes next.
When I post next, I'll be moving to the next phase and I'll assume that everyone has left the starting area and it running through the maze. Kay?
Then I get started on the fun part.

GoldenHouou
12th May 2012, 6:44 PM
Heh, I'd gladly just run, but you know, the characters don't know there isn't a clever way outta this unlike us, so 'course they're going to try stuff.

But yeah, will try to get a post up before you move along. If not, I'll post Monday whether Niihyl or Marble have posted or not...

Also, yay for fun! I approve of fun, especially since my schoolwork should be over by thennnn~

Son_of_Shadows
12th May 2012, 8:53 PM
I agree with GH, and that sort of complicates matters for us. Our characters can't see the DT, they're being chased and adrenaline is pumping through them probably quite desperately. So yeah, they'll be trying random crap.

Zincspider
12th May 2012, 11:29 PM
How so? Instead of running they're going to be trying crazy things on the fly? How does that sound like a normal person?
When faced with danger, one simply either runs or stares it down. Fight or flight is instinct. Only one controling a character would know to try anything else in the heat of the moment. Your argument holds no water.

Blivsey
13th May 2012, 12:28 AM
I kind of agree with both parties here - our parties are used to the Court shenanigans after dealing with it for two months, and can probably come up with one or two simple ideas on the fly (using Personae as scouts is the most complex it gets - using the left-hand rule and trying to bust down the maze are pretty simple). On the other hand, realistically speaking, at least a few of us should be just running for our lives rather than forming solutions. Besides, we've tried at least two ways out already and it's pretty clear that it's not happening. I think it's time for us to start fleeing.

Summary: A few of us might try very simple alternatives, but the majority of us need to just be running.

I'd like to point out that the left-hand rule (or right hand, whichever) only works if all walls in the maze are interconnected, which is kind of an assumption.

EDIT: Short post is short. "Panicked running" became "delirious jogging" somewhere down the line, but we're moving. Dun worry - he'll be shot out of his dizziness when he's confronted with bears, I'm sure.

Zincspider
13th May 2012, 12:37 AM
That last part is true, Bliv, as I pointed out in my original post with the rule. Although I used 'continuous' instead of interconnected for some reason. It also doesn't work if the maze is a shifting one.
But no one really knows otherwise right now.

EDIT: Horus is my favorite Persona now. I want him and Sigmund to team up when Snow isn't availiable. Match made in Heaven.

MarbleZone
14th May 2012, 5:52 PM
Working on my Master's degree until Thursday. If a critical update needs to happen before then, consider Levin is just tagging along with Mana and Sofiya for the moment in whatever course of action they decide. Sorry guys, I promise I'll be active again by the end of the week. :/

Zincspider
14th May 2012, 6:42 PM
Well, someone's older than their GM!
I'm only working on my BA right now.
Of course, most of you are older than me (save for Niihyl, the tiny little git).
Thank you for checking in. It's appreciated.

MarbleZone
14th May 2012, 8:57 PM
Not necessarily older, it's just the way college is currently structured in my country; Master's degree is actually mandatory to graduate, which in my opinion only takes away from the merit, really.

Zincspider
14th May 2012, 9:39 PM
Well, I'm a freshman who just finished his second semester. If your any higher up than that, which is likely, you should be a bit older.
I'm going to try getting up another post tonight. I have two and a half hours to work on it, but that's also homework time. So no promises for before 8.

Son_of_Shadows
14th May 2012, 10:54 PM
^This, though I think I'm a couple of months older than you Zinc. Fairly certain Wordy's younger than you as well, possibly Sequel too.

Don't expect anything out of me this week. I had an exam today, another on Saturday, lines to learn, a doctor's appointment, meetings to go to, work to do, performance on Sunday... Yeah, it's a crazy week for me. Lovely. See y'all in a week.

Wordy
15th May 2012, 12:09 AM
I have now started the summer exam season, and will be completing 16 exams over the coming six weeks until the 18th of June. The most important exams of my life, as people keep telling me. Yay. (1 down, 15 to go!)

Don't worry, they're spread out enough that I have Fridays and weekends free just about, but my time during the week should probably be spent doing other things.

So I will probably be posting and vanishing.

I know it's not the best time for this, Zinc, but I'll be watching and try to do whatever is necessary. I just need to accrue Parental Goodwill Points first.

Vivian_Bloom
15th May 2012, 12:23 AM
I'll get something up soon -- tomorrow, and follow everyone's lead of the whole 'left-hand' strategy from Shadow Liza. Like some of the others, it'll just be running around, bumping into your reflection, and sending out more flares. You know, increasing the odds of 'not gettin' stabbed.'

I'm hearin' the way some a you talk about college, sounds like work. I'm definitely not envious. Well, it's getting 'round to 3rd-quarter for me, so there aren't a lot of tests or examinations piling up that I got to get on. Things are getting a little busier.

So, in case I'm steering off-topic, I'll just say this to everyone who's struggling, working, and maybe a little somethin’ else:

"Good luck! You can do it!"

Ysavvryl
15th May 2012, 2:36 AM
*yawn* boring short post is boring. Got nothing really to do other than go, 'yeah, here' for filler.

But I was wondering what happened to Snow and Cinders! You know I'm patient, but the more time you give me, the wackier things I can build up towards... um, am I making sense? Other plots messing with my thoughts, sorry.

I had something I wanted to say in response to the Jester's speech that I was reminded of earlier: Life is cheese. That is truth.

Keep working hard at school, kids, and good luck with finals and stuff *checks newspaper for jobs*.

Zincspider
15th May 2012, 3:54 AM
Well, you should have waited.
The Game night is just beggining!
Enter:
SHADOW SIGMUND!

Niihyl
15th May 2012, 4:35 AM
D'aww, the Jester cares after all! Turning into the trusty old shovel... Crowning Moment of Heartwarming right there.

I love board games! Or... reality games. Shows. ... ? Quiz... shows?

Unfortunately, I know next to nothing about Clarise... So... "What's the capital of Qatar?"

Zincspider
15th May 2012, 5:55 AM
No, not really. Watching someone sit around when they used to get their *** kicked spectacuarly isn't good television. Give him his old weapon and watch reruns once more!

Maze Games.

'Q'

GoldenHouou
15th May 2012, 8:56 AM
Guess who's summer just started. That's right biatches, I have free time now, and I have it lots and it's going to be glorious.

And on that note I probably won't be on all that much during this week. But occasionally still.

Shadow Sig, huh? I love quiz shows too! And hah, Sofiya has actually interacted with Clarise before. So that's a plus. Yay! Though it's too bad about JK... And wait, does this mean Clarise will die too after Shadow Cinders leaves her body? Because holy angstfest ahoy batman, Sofiya's gonna lose another one of her friends.

Oh and I'm proud to say I caught the Persona 4 references, finally. 'Cause y'know. I've now actually played the game. I recall there being some pretty... heated discussions about its voice actors or some **** back in the first DT thread, maybe I should go back and check 'em out now? \o/ And no Zinc, that's not a smiley, back off.