PDA

View Full Version : Persona- BOSS

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7

Niihyl
2nd September 2012, 10:34 PM
Sorry for delaying ya, Bliv, I'll have a post up today.

Zincspider
3rd September 2012, 3:05 AM
As of the deadline, I only have 2 fics.
These people who have turned them in are awesome.
Everyone else... I expect results! The participation around these parts has been deplorable lately! It might fly in some other RPs, but this isn't any RP!
This is BOSS! UtGoG! POP! We've gone through so much, and I don't want to see this RP get sick and, perhaps, die!
We've been together so long. All of us.
So, by the time I get back from Mechacon next Sunday night, I want to see some fics! Anyone who still needs time, you have an extension. Anyone who decided they couldn't get it in, try again! I know you have it in you! I trust your ability!

I hope you understand where I'm coming from, my friends. And I hope you agree.
Have a good night. And bless you.

InnerFlame
3rd September 2012, 3:16 AM
Next Sunday, okay I can do that. My story is really almost done I just having difficult time finding the right words and making good transitions between scenes. And making sure EVERYONE is involved to some degree... Actually Wulfgard is the only person I cannot figure out what to do with in the story. He just doesn't fit anywhere... I might just be thinking too hard about all of this and making this more difficult than what it really is.

Zincspider
3rd September 2012, 4:25 AM
Wulfgard just needs to shave and let his hair out. He'll look very feminine.

I looked at our POP DT today.
I read it all. We talked about so much. We had fun everyday. What happened to that? Have we all grown tired? Are we all so content with how the current state of our RP as to let it stagnate?
I don't think we are. So I ask all of you.

What do you want to do?

Niihyl
3rd September 2012, 5:27 AM
9/9/2012. Understood, then.

Also, I finally figured out how to upload an html document to the internet that doesn't require downloading (I'd feel sketchy turning in a mediafire link with a mysterious file that you have to download onto your computers D: ) so I now know how to turn the damned thing in. Screw Google Sites and Tripod, I'm on PasteHTML.

I also posted, and at this point, I'm about 30% sure I posted the right word doc. It could be a colonialism essay or a treatise on Norwegian cabinet erotica. Written in Esperanto.

What do you want to do?

Not sure if rhetorical question?

Zincspider
3rd September 2012, 5:32 AM
Not sure if rhetorical question?

It isn't. I expect an answer.

Just PM it to me. It'll be much easier for you to copy paste it, really.

Niihyl
3rd September 2012, 5:53 AM
It isn't. I expect an answer.

Hmm... I'm pretty cool with the RP, it's my fault that I've been sluggish in activity, really. Everything does slow down around this time of year. I'm always open to spicing things up though. Plot twists, maybe a change of scenery? With the Jester's help, the Shadows can alter reality in the Court: the mirror maze proved that. We could do a more proactive version of that, in an interesting environment like the Himalayas. Or Space. SPAAAACE. Or even just a more extended, open Court sequence that allows for a mixture of action and interaction, rather than the total split we have now (and is present in the Persona games). Horror-flick styled 'trapped in a <blank> with <monster>', or 'lost in demon woods, build shelter, survive'. Maybe a Persona evolution to breathe a spark of 'hell yeah, we're getting stronger!' in, though that might be coming soon, since you've mentioned it.

If you're talking about my competition entry, I can't just PM it to you because it's seriously in html. Like, code. I was playing some old-school Zork and Facade while thinking, and I had a random spark that since my fanfic was about a game, it should be a game: a Choose Your Own Adventure game, with you as Izzy Simone, level one Peasant Boy. It's a lot of fun to write, if time-consuming due to having to fill in multiple different choices in a branching story.

Zincspider
3rd September 2012, 6:31 AM
I see... good good.
Thank you for your input, it's appreciated.
I'd like to implement a few of these things once we get inside our 'Tartarus' or whatever. The Court itself.

Ah, I get you. That sounds pretty neat. Damn neat, actually.

I'd like to share a spoiler of my fic with you all. I actually stopped doing the thriller peice as it was getting too long, and I'd like to finish it properly and show it then, but I decided to do a Ben-To crossover type dealy, which I'll share the first section of which here:
There are rules when you're a Wolf.

1: Respect the Discount God. Allow him to finish his duty before the hunt begins.
2: Take only what you need. Any more and you're no better than a Boar.
3: Respect the victor. Do not attack one who already finished their hunt.
4: Have pride and respect.

Remember. When you've tasted the blood of a successful hunt, you'll never be able to go back to being a dog again. Once a Wolf, always a Wolf.

-

Quarterman seemed like a nice place. It really did.

Friendly people, a quiet library, and a really nice school. That was all I needed. At home I had a peaceful life. My parents were almost never home, and while I had to provide for myself with a meager allowance, I could always just wait until late and get food at a discount from the convenience stores. Until then, I'll just fiddle in my workshop and enjoy my time alone. Peaceful. And if I could get away with a similar result in the outside... I was doing pretty good. I wasn't even upset about the move through most of my first day in town.

But most of the first day isn't good enough. Sure, it's 'almost' a perfect day, but 'almost' only counts in horseshoes, hand grenades, and wet sh*t fights... or at least that's what my dad told me. And when your day ends with you bleeding out on the floor of a convenience store deli, it tends to put a damper on the whole thing.

It was over in a blur. I remember walking into the Mayflower, and walking to the back, ignoring the nicely stacked rows of crakers, cookies, and other snack foods down the aisle towards the back. More importantly though, I ignored the shadows hiding in wait in the other isles.

The smell of the deli in the back was calling to me. It wasn't a long walk from home to this place, but it was enough to make me long for supper. And the smell was intoxicating. Roast beef smothered in gravy. Celery so fresh you could feel the sharpness of it's odor cutting its way into your stomach. If anything it was invigorating. I didn't think about anything but my food.

As I reached the back, a tall man in a pink apron stood in front of the display case, peeling stickers off of a small sheet. He whistled happily to the song on the radio, his eyes nearly closed behind his glasses due to his smile. I could see the light reflecting off of the plastic cases of the meals. The yellow tile flooring might as well have been a golden aura.

As the last sticker was placed, the man shoved the empty sheet into his pocket and began to strut to the double doors into the back of the store.

With a small 'click' the doors closed.

And all hell broke loose.

-

Flesh striking flesh, muffled screams, the distinct 'hurk' of someone having the wind knocked out of them. All of these sounds were present among the flying sweat and blood that surrounded me. Some of it my own (both sounds and fluid, mind you). I couldn't see straight, my goggles had been knocked somewhere. The exact location escaped me, but they weren't on my head that was for sure... either that or my head had gone numb.

Pain... it didn't exist at the moment. Normally, I know pain is there because it's an anomaly to my system. But at this instance in time, my whole body hurt equally and horribly, not allowing my mind to focus on any single part. If anything, it was a minor annoyance. A bit less troubling than my swollen eye, or the wet stuff I felt falling down my neck, dripping out of my hair.

If I was correct, I had been knocked back, and I was currently propped against a shelf. And while I couldn't see what was in front of me, I could still listen. It was definitely a fight. A rather large one at that... I wondered how I got mixed up in something so large. Was I just in the wrong place at the wrong time?
Soon, the sounds died down, and all that was left were the groans of the defeated. Once again, including myself.

After a few minutes, I allowed myself to open my eyes to their fullest. I wanted to see what happened.

On the ground lay at least a dozen teens, at least my age and some far older. They seemed one of three things: Unconsious. In pain. Or hungry. Suprisingly, the third was far more common, the sounds of stomachs growling far stronger than groans. And they were growing more powerful by the minute.

“Good. You're alive.”

Who was that? Were they talking to me?

Turning my head, I found a rather eccentric dressed guy crouching in front of me. Of course he had to choose my bad eye to position himself near.
A plastic shopping bag hung from his hands, and he was smiling far too wide for what had just taken place. His red jacket was covered in scuffs, and while hard to see, a bit of his own blood seemed to have dripped from the corner of his mouth onto the color. His jeans bore a prominent rip in the knee, but with today's fashion, that was likely there before. Still, there was no doubt that this man had taken part in the fight he'd just witnessed.

“Didn't think you'd be stupid enough to try being a Dog your first night here, kid. Especially in this neighborhood. The Wolves here will tear you apart.”

Dog? Wolves? What was he talking about? I just wanted supper! A nice little meal at a discount. What did that have to do with anything!

“What... are you talking about?” I asked, doing my best to not cough with the sentence. The wet stuff had stopped running down my back. Either I ran out of it, or it had finally scabbed over. But it seemed like I would live, regardless.

The boy's expression perked. “Oh, so you didn't know? Well, take my advice kid, getting a half-priced lunchbox in this town is a bit more complicated than first come, first serve. If you want to live, Doggy, stay away from the discounts. Live on noodles, or cereal or something.” The boy gestured to the pile of hungry brawlers behind him. Male and female... there was no discrimination.

“But, if you want to taste the rich flavor of victory wrenched from the teeth of your fellow Wolves... then stick with me. I think I could teach you a few things.” The boy slid the bag onto one hand, and held out the other. The ratty knit glove only covered his palm, exposing his rough, thick knuckles. It had been a long time since he'd bruised his hand punching someone. “My name's Randy, and you, Doggy?”

“Izzy. Izzy Simone.”

Blivsey
3rd September 2012, 7:21 AM
I dunno, I've personally never used these discussion threads for much - the only time when I discuss non-RP-related things is when I'm replying at someone else. I've been trying to keep up on my post volume in the main thread, too, and I don't think I've been that far behind....

As for the main thread slowdown, I don't really know... I guess it's just been a while since we started this iteration, so the novelty has died off and we're not in such a rush to get things out. Not to mention that we've kinda been hitting the same drag as the games wherein we get into a regular cycle of Shadows-School-ShadowSelf-School, which gives some of us interesting character-based arcs, but the rest of us with fairly routine activity. It's just how these kinds of things end up, and there's no good way around it if we're going to go through all of the shadow selves one at a time (The only way that I can think of getting through the shadow selves faster would be to institute dual bosses or even a Five Shadow Band setup for one night.). The fact that the plot looks to be growing a fuller backbone in the near future will probably help, too.

I wouldn't know what to do about the discussion thread while keeping it on-topic, though. I'm not good at driving these sorts of things.

Anyway, I have a wide open invitation to post now, so I'll get on that. Anybody who wasn't the last one to leave a conversation thread hanging, though, should be able to wrap up and put themselves at Jones' office in relatively short order. Pretty straightforward, not a hard move.

Vivian_Bloom
3rd September 2012, 8:08 AM
We were really off-topic on POP! All the time, but I enjoyed it so much. I'd love for us to get that loose again, minus the "warnings". Now, yeah, I can see a little of what Bliv's sayin', but don't worry about it. We're all here and we're still having fun, right? That's what matters. If we can find a good balance of discussing the RP and then some story stuff from our crazy fics, well, they can't get us for that!

Where to from here? Well it looks like things are finally starting to get in gear. The fight shadows in the street, beat a S. Self, go home formula was something we we're all getting a little too used to. I hope Wulfgard and this new announcement can move us into newer territory, and I know you can do it.

Oh, and the fic-contest. Just do it, huh. Ok, no excuses. I'll do my best and promise you'll get something good soon. It won't be for the contest, but to help the strength of our RP, right? Alright.

Ysavvryl
3rd September 2012, 5:06 PM
I think when Theresa went lifeless, we lost one of our most chatty OoC players. That's why this OoC thread has been slower, in my opinion.

And I still don't think I can make the deadline. I really don't have time to start any new writing until December, seriously. Maintaining the games I'm in (including one elsewhere that just became high maintenance and I'm not even the GM), maintaining my stories, working on a standalone Halloween Pokemon fic, NaNoWriMo (I'm an ML, so my work is starting now), plus RL work to do... yeah. No time. But I will work on keeping this game going (I didn't put Snow in Jones' room, but that group should be heading over).

Unless you guys want to help name my Halloween fic? The original title it still has is 'Tangent About Children Who Fight Crime', but I think that's too silly for something that takes a lot of Fridge Horror aspects of the early Pokemon games really seriously.

InnerFlame
3rd September 2012, 5:33 PM
Hmm, actually I wasn't planning on having Wulgard cross-dressing which is why it's so difficult to place him.

I honestly feel that people are busy August as it the beginning of the school... And we chat less because... Razor Leaf reprimanded us and that when things started to hush down a lot. Jean Grey, as Ysa has mention, was the chatty one among us that threw us things to talk about when things started to quiet down. I'm fine with they way the RPG is going now even if it's a little slow. As long as everyone else is willing to keep the RPG going I don't mind what is going to come next.

And sorry I can't help you with that Ysa... I can barely give my own stories somewhat good titles. But maybe if I knew a little about I could think of something.

Zincspider
3rd September 2012, 10:01 PM
83c I'm just glad you guys answered me.
Anyway, as you might have noticed, as of this post, I'm unbanning smilies. I'm not paranoid enough to keep them under wraps anymore.
Just remember to keep them out of your RP posts!... and to a minimum here if you can help it.

Well, to be honest, I was expecting more of a rousing 'Yeah! Let's do it!' from you all and what I got was a conference. But that works too. It gives me a lot to work with.

In other news, I just saw the Expendables 2, and it was amazing. The writing was bad, and the acting was questionable, but I loved it to death. I didn't go in expecting movie of the year. I went in wanting to see Rocky beat the crap out of Jean Claude Van Damme in a fist fight. And it was glorious.

Wordy
3rd September 2012, 10:41 PM
I'm embarrassed for myself reading through the OP DT. I swear to God I sounded like a caffeinated nine-year-old most of the time.

Blah, probably not going to change anything re: your plans but I think making the Court building 'bigger on the inside' could work well.

Like, creating different environments within the building, with ceilings so high that they can't even be seen. Magma, ice, desert, jungle etc. Been replaying Metroid Prime, and the fact that you can go straight from Magmoor Caverns to Phendrana Drifts still stuns me all these years later. It's just... amazing.

Just not catacombs. Mazes don't work in textbasedforumrpgs, lol.

I mean, there were twelve hallways in the main school building- so twelve environments? We don't even need to explore all of them. It would be fun and different. It could create another world entirely. Maybe our weaknesses/resistances could come into play with how well we would handle it.

And of course, possibly adding other boss characters? Realllly hoping that the Jester isn't the only one of his kind, if you know what I mean... could spice up things considerably.

Limiting massive gatherings of everyone in the future may help pacing, as that way there are always people moving and the GM has something to update and there's less waiting. I mean, maybe splitting up for the next Court for some reason?

Discussion thread-wise, how about we start doing polls? Like, favourite post from all three threads... favourite moment/scenario of the three games, favourite thing from the DT... favourites all around!
Reminiscing is always fun. Unless you're embarrassed by your memories.

Wow, I have tons of suggestions. loll

Zincspider
5th September 2012, 4:45 PM
Wordy likes taking things I spitball at her in PMs and presenting them as her own ideas.
It's really manipulative.
So it's right up her alley, really.

Anyway, tonight, after class, I'll be uploading a few pictures and making a post.
EDIT: because the scanner here refuses to scan more than one half of the page, the pictures will have to wait.

Zincspider
6th September 2012, 2:52 AM
Well, I just got home, so a post will have to wait (It's almost 9 and I'm tired as all hell), but I did find a scanner so here you guys go.
Two higher quality Shinai pics. Choose your flavor:
Creepy (http://zincspider.deviantart.com/art/Shinai-I-want-your-heart-325552959)

Laughable (http://zincspider.deviantart.com/art/Shinai-Laughing-Mad-325552399)

I'm quite fond of the second one myself.

Vivian_Bloom
6th September 2012, 3:00 AM
I saw the laughable one. Shinai looks a lot more grown-up in that picture. I always pictured him to bea slimy, scrawny little snake, or rat.

What's Shinai's stand on rats anyway. Does he like 'em? Does he love and respect them for their probably mis-understood personalities?

Zincspider
6th September 2012, 3:03 AM
Well, he's built up a bit of muscle mass in the past two months.
He wasn't ever greasy until his little accident, and was a clean respectable young man until then. And then he just didn't care. But as of last night in game, he's gotten back on his old hygiene habits, and the laughable pic is pretty much what he looks like at the moment.

He doesn't like them. They're still gross.

Son_of_Shadows
6th September 2012, 6:53 PM
Funny story: I was ok with rats... Until I read 1984 by George Orwell. Mother of God.

Cool pics as always Zinc, honestly not what I expected from ol' Shinai. He doesn't really look like a high school student, though then again, I suppose he's been through a lot. The second one also screams "Ikutsuki!" to me for some reason.

Zincspider
7th September 2012, 2:08 AM
Well, I'll be going to Mechacon as of tomorrow, so you guys won't hear from me for about two days at least. Three maybe.
While I'm gone, Niedude, TSR, GH, and Kirby need to catch up.
Especially Niedude, who has ignored all my previous notes in here to contact me.
I'll be forced to evict JP from the RP. It's been over a month since your last post or anything, and you get on. I see you talking to Kamotz. I'm not saying stop talking to anybody, I'm just asking that you update. Seriously man. It's worse than you not being on at all, you getting on and not even checking in.

Kiruria
7th September 2012, 5:08 AM
Just posted! Whew. Had to finish a signup for another RPG before my reservation expired. And don't get mad at me because it's another Persona RPG.

Oddly enough, I'm not really under the impression that the RPG's dying. I just think many people are busy with other stuff. School recently started for many people, for instance. I think the current pace is fine, as long as we don't go more than a few days without a post.

And I'm almost as surprised by the tardiness of contest entries as Zincspider is. Really? Only two submissions got in before the official deadline? Huh.

I also honestly think the reason why there was so much side stuff going on in OP's discussion thread was because of Jean Grey. Seriously, every time she's in an RPG with a discussion thread, she just loves to create fun side things with the characters--TV tropes, avatars, food-for-thought questions, pairings... I've seen it a bunch of times. And I kinda liked it, actually.

Hahahaha, interesting fic with the wolves, Zinc. I'm still a little shaky on the concept, but that's probably just me. I imagine it'll become clearer as the rest is written. I really like how you portrayed Randy though... For some reason I like Randy when he's all ominous. And obsessed with ketchup, lol.

And back to the RPG itself, I, too, am really looking forward to what this meeting with Testa/Wulfgard-sensei (not really sure who, as people have been saying both) will entail. I really think the group is in dire need of knowing more stuff about the Court.

~ Poyo! c(-'.'-)c *wave* Hiiiiiii!

P.S. OMG I just realised something. Zincspider's nickname for me in this RPG is Kirby. My character is called Halberd. COINCIDENCE?

(Of course, what I just said makes no sense if you're unfamiliar with either Kirby Super Star or Super Smash Bros. Brawl.)

Niihyl
7th September 2012, 5:31 AM
Kiruria is Kirby.

>Just realized this.

>>Was wondering who 'Kirby' was this whole time.

>>>*Facepalm*

Enjoy Mechacon, Zinc! I'll try to have my entry up for you by then. At least Part One of the whole thing, since the code is modular enough that stuff can just be added onto the ends as necessary forever and ever.

Blivsey
9th September 2012, 3:50 PM
...Okay, guys, I know that most of us who frequent the discussion thread tend to be up on our posts, so this probably won't be relevant to most of you, but all it takes right now is a quick post to move you to Testa's room so that we can all get on with the plot. The people who we're still missing are:

Miyuki/TSR
JP/niedude
Sofiya/GH

Of these, I know that TSR and GH can get busy, but it's just a little bump to give Zinc somewhere to go once he gets back, shouldn't take you too long. Even if they don't post, I feel like leaving two or three people with extra stuff to catch up on wouldn't be the end of everything sacred.

Thus reminding me: to get the DT rolling around a bit, how would you guys feel about compiling a Persona: UtGoG/OP/BOSS soundtrack/setlist? My initial notion when suggesting that we think up musical themes for each character was to have them be part of a larger track listing to apply to the RP as a whole. Maybe we could have each person who cares consider and submit a suggestion to Zinc in a given week for the current track we're deciding on (e.g. overall battle theme, school overworld, dungeon-crawling BGM, etc.), he'll pick the three that he best thinks fit the theme of the RP, and then we can discuss them over the course of the next week or so before deciding a winner and starting the next track or two. We might even get a better feel for what Zinc wants the RP to be this way, thus helping us navigate through his shenanigans better. I dunno. Thoughts?

...done channeling Zinc for the day.

Vivian_Bloom
9th September 2012, 5:32 PM
That sounds really neat, Bliv! So, unlike before, this is gonna determine what our 'Reach Out to the Truth' tracks are, right? The Persona BOSS Live Reincarnation! PBLR? ...eh.

So what kind of songs are we filling out? The album would be too long if we had everyone's theme in it. But we can include stuff like the Shadow themes for BOSS up till now.

Persona BOSS! Real Live Reincarnation!

-----

Complete Track List

-----

1). Opening Credits Theme
2). Title Screen Theme
3). Bellow High First Semester
4). Dormitory
5). Omen (suspicious tune)
6). Quartermain (Town Over-world)
7). Normal Battle Theme
8). Shadow (Serious team discussion)
9). It's Halloween!
10). Joyful theme
11). The Jester
12). Court of Miracles (Backside of the TV?)
13). Shadow Self battle

----- Disc 2 -----

14). Danger (panic theme)
15). Sadness & Defeat (We Lost?)
16). Realization
17). A Goal (New Direction)
18). Non-Shadow Self Dungeon BGM
19). Betrayal
20). Persona User vs. Persona User (Human Boss BGM)
21). Persona Evolution
22). New Dorm theme (Living with Determination?)
23). New Quartermain theme (Memories of the City?)
24). New Random Battle theme
25). Free Candy! (Randy's band)
26). Unbreakable Bonds (We're a family)
27). One-way (Road to final dungeon)
28). Final dungeon theme
29). Final boss
30). True Dungeon theme
31). Ending theme
32). BOSS (epilogue)

----

I put the songs in the order I think the story will go. Of course, Zinc will give it a look-over to stay consistent. Is this cool, everyone? I'll start diggin' up tracks to get this started.

I'm no good putting this into words, so here's a newbie template that we can work off of.

Zincspider
11th September 2012, 2:40 AM
Zinc's back, and I have no replies for the fanfic thing. At all.
*Sigh*...
Well, at least let us do this thing Bliv suggested. It's really cool.

I just finished moving into my new dorm, so that's pretty sweet, but I've had no time for anything else today.
I'll post tomorrow during my MIA class.

Blivsey
11th September 2012, 7:32 AM
Well, a mix list to the RP as a whole was my initial suggestion that kicked off the whole business of picking character themes... looks like it'll be an actual thing now. So, does anyone have any suggestions as to the proposed format? Basically, it would be a bi-weekly cycle (or however fast this moves) of:

1: Zinc selects the next track to be decided.
2: Those interested can PM Zinc with song suggestions up to a certain date.
3: Zinc selects his three favorites / the ones that best fit the RP's aesthetic and posts them to the thread.
4: Those interested submit their nominations and/or discuss in the thread.
5: Barring any huge conflict, the most-nominated track is put in the final list, with Zinc as a tiebreaker if needed.
6: Go back to step 1.

Note that the process is driven largely by the players, but with Zinc given screening power / final veto. Kinda like how the RP itself is run.

In the meantime, perhaps we should have everyone select a single track to represent their character - keeping a list of all of them would be silly, but an theme compilation would work well as one "disc" of the soundtrack and be much more manageable. For example, Sig's new theme for the album would be Above the Crowd (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5f2uTJPvgiI&feature=relmfu), since it works for him in general rather than fitting him for specific situations (mellow, battle, etc.)

EDIT: Yup, VB, you've got the general idea down.

Vivian_Bloom
11th September 2012, 6:53 PM
Ok Blivsey, let me know if I'm on your level here. You're saying that we each select a theme song for our character that best represents them, and those tracks will eventually be compiled in their own CD to go along with our complete collection (3 Discs?), right? This isn't a battle or situation-specific song, just something that'll make that character pop up in your mind when you hear it, like, "Ah! That sounds like something Sigmund would like."

Oh, and 'Above the Crowd' sounds amazing! If the only jazz group I keep up with and really listen to are The Seatbelts, then I know I'm slackin'. Well, I got some new beats to get down and dance to now. Thanks a million! This is gonna be a fantastic album when it's complete. Let's knock these CDs out before the year's up!

I'll put up this for Lace. The Audrey Hepburn Complex '85. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zSydIQmZRsA) It's such a fun song.

@ Zinc: Oh, you just moved in? What's your dorm like?

Zincspider
13th September 2012, 6:51 AM
Poooooooosted.
Now everyone has heard Wulfgard's story!... well, everyone who was there, anyway.

GoldenHouou
13th September 2012, 8:07 AM
Late on everything, but ->

... Wait, what? Please tell me we aren't seriously getting a robot guys. Seriously. Seriously.

I love those introductory things, lemme try one.

Your number one source for Accidental Innuendo
The Commander who'll Bake all your Bunnies, Sofiya Ignatova!
"He liked it in the end!"

... It'll do.

Now what else? Uh. Theme songs! I'm bad with those. Imma let you guys handle it/get back to it a bit later.

RE: Suggestions: Anything to break the court > school > court cycle. Like, maybe have some Shadows leak into the real world and have us have to chase after those? Maybe get us trapped inside a mall or the school or something and have to fight without our usual weapons and/or Personae (because those wouldn't work outside the court at firs?) to spice things up a bit? Maybe have a small arc where something happens to the humans themselves and we have to play solely as the Personae for a while, a la that Pokémon episode where the Pokémon got stranded and talked and ****. Maybe have us leave on a school trip and allow us to party for a while, only to get attacked on the beach/hotel/whatever. Maybe mix in some human bad guys that cause trouble in the real world?

Basically, have us not be safe outside the court and/or have something else to do during our days than just school. A big school event or a festival or... something.

Oh and... stop hogging the Arcanae, we need 'em for new players.

Yeah, this post is disorganized as **** and I'm still half-asleep so sorry if I overlook something. Imma gonna get to work now and throw in Sofiya's ~reaction~. Oh and, for those who need to refresh their memory on Wulfy's past and are too lazy to go looking for it, here you go. (http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?543534-Persona-Overpowering-Past&p=14014417#post14014417)

EDIT: Posted~ And Sofiya's serious again, baww. I really want him to find JP at some point to balance all this out.

Zincspider
13th September 2012, 1:58 PM
Late on everything, but ->

... Wait, what? Please tell me we aren't seriously getting a robot guys. Seriously. Seriously.

Not a robot, really.

I love those introductory things, lemme try one.

Your number one source for Accidental Innuendo
The Commander who'll Bake all your Bunnies, Sofiya Ignatova!
"He liked it in the end!"

... It'll do.

That'll do, pig.

Now what else? Uh. Theme songs! I'm bad with those. Imma let you guys handle it/get back to it a bit later.

RE: Suggestions: Anything to break the court > school > court cycle. Like, maybe have some Shadows leak into the real world and have us have to chase after those? Maybe get us trapped inside a mall or the school or something and have to fight without our usual weapons and/or Personae (because those wouldn't work outside the court at firs?) to spice things up a bit? Maybe have a small arc where something happens to the humans themselves and we have to play solely as the Personae for a while, a la that Pokémon episode where the Pokémon got stranded and talked and ****. Maybe have us leave on a school trip and allow us to party for a while, only to get attacked on the beach/hotel/whatever. Maybe mix in some human bad guys that cause trouble in the real world?

Basically, have us not be safe outside the court and/or have something else to do during our days than just school. A big school event or a festival or... something.

Oh and... stop hogging the Arcanae, we need 'em for new players.

I ain't taking any more. But we're too far into the game to start getting new players anyway.

Yeah, this post is disorganized as **** and I'm still half-asleep so sorry if I overlook something. Imma gonna get to work now and throw in Sofiya's ~reaction~. Oh and, for those who need to refresh their memory on Wulfy's past and are too lazy to go looking for it, here you go.

"Too lazy." Yep, that sounds like me. Thanks for the link! (http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?543534-Persona-Overpowering-Past&p=14014417#post14014417)

EDIT: Posted~ And Sofiya's serious again, baww. I really want him to find JP at some point to balance all this out.

Replied in bold!

GoldenHouou
15th September 2012, 4:25 AM
A cyborg, then? An alien? Yuki?

We ain't too far in the game. Marbly joined in just before the last Court and all was just peachy. We have three unused Arcanae right now (Empress, Priestess, Chariot... Emperor if you snatch it from Jones), and that means the possibility for three new players to keep up the activity while those of us who're busy can't. Or two, if you insist on making your cyborgrobotalien-Yuki. But still. I don't see anyway it could hurt the game, it's not like we're replacing half the cast or anything.

Zincspider
15th September 2012, 11:40 PM
Yes, yes, everyone get angry at Wulfgard! WHAHAHAHAHA! Seriously, he pretty much deserves it.
I'll be addressing the questions in a post, probably later tonight, so if you wanna get one in, hurry.
I'll post small answers to the ones already asked here and integrate them in later:
"Apathy Syndrome": Those with it woke up after the end of the Court, the ones contracting it just a few days ago waking almost a whole week before the long runners.
"Everyone else can be grouped as one": He's never been inside. All he knows is that the people he knew and trusted walked in and never came out. He doesn't want to just rush in with you guys and get everyone killed. No offense, but his old team were far more skilled and they died... he doesn't want to put you at risk.

Son_of_Shadows
18th September 2012, 9:28 AM
Well, it seems Shinai's little revival experiment worked. Instinctively, I think it's going to blow up in everyone's face somehow.

Zincspider
18th September 2012, 6:31 PM
JP looks so insane right now.

"Hey! That guy's in the Court! I know because he beat me up with his kung fu powers, and started drinking blood in front of me. Because he's also a vampire!"
And now we know why he's been missing. Because he's gone insane.

Anyway, welcome back, Niedude! 8D

EDIT: Also this-

"His eyes were drawn to the attractive girl he was with. She seemed so… nice and vulnerable."
Amissa needs an adult.

niedude
18th September 2012, 6:56 PM
JP looks so insane right now.

"Hey! That guy's in the Court! I know because he beat me up with his kung fu powers, and started drinking blood in front of me. Because he's also a vampire!"
And now we know why he's been missing. Because he's gone insane.

Anyway, welcome back, Niedude! 8D

Its great to be back =D
And yeah, that's kinda the point. I want everyone to assume JP's gone mental in his two months leave. Mostly for comedy.

Amissa needs an adult.

But Zinc, JP's 18. He is an adult. :D

Son_of_Shadows
18th September 2012, 10:54 PM
Typical. You wait ages for a niedude post, then two come along at once.

Meanwhile, I guess I'm kind of waiting for Wordy, not that much really needs to happen. Honestly, the previous posts can probably speak for themselves.

Wordy
18th September 2012, 11:29 PM
Oh my god who is that stranger

Yeah, life and school... difficult right now. Heavy workload from the outset and it's a horrible transition period not gonna lie.

I don't think I want to break the flow of what you've got going at school already, so really the whole Ciara/Josh scene can become a 'dot dot dot' and we can just transition whenever along with the actual big group. It's got a solid enough ending. It's just nice for Ciara to be completely out of the loop and to pretend for a day that she's got a normal life.

But hey if C/J later find out about what happened then JP totally proved what Ciara said to Joshua right... like, ages ago. (or last night gametime, lol) Didn't she say he was off his rocker? or is my imagination acting up.

Was Shinai listening to the PA Announcement or does he have no clue about Ciara/Joshua involvement in the Court? Not that it matters much probs, lol.

Zincspider
20th September 2012, 1:21 PM
Shinai was indeed listening. Like he really had to introduce Amissa at that minute. He heard JP's name, and figured it was worth a look. Turns out he was right.

GoldenHouou
21st September 2012, 5:36 AM
Hell yeah, welcome back nie! \just came in to say that.

Oh and so, instead of a robot, we get a zombie? ... I can live with that.

But yeah, will get a post in this weekend.

Blivsey
21st September 2012, 6:31 AM
And now we're all here and about up-to-date (except TSR, who tends to be busy). I would post again, but it would just be Sigmund doggedly pursuing the same train of thought ("But aren't there like a hundred ways to destroy the school without charging in during the Court?"), so I'll let the others speak up.

Also, does anybody else have an opinion one way or another on my music suggestion? I've gotten feedback from like two people (albeit only about half of us have even posted since then). Also, since Sofiya only has one track (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NX4cKIuRRQo) associated with her, we'll use that for the character image setlist. I was thinking that most of us would pick from what we already had suggested, anyway, but I come across too many cool nu jazz tracks not to suggest something new for Sig.

Also also, when are the special things going to be made public? I kinda want to see what the other guy came up with.

Zincspider
21st September 2012, 2:17 PM
Alright, but guys, dem posts.
We need them.
Niedude's posted more than any of you guys recently, and I'm still not sure that he exists! Come on guys, things are happening. Reactions and suggestions. Chop chop.

Ysavvryl
23rd September 2012, 1:13 AM
I had a really big speech on Power of Friendship and such for Snow's post, but I wrote it on a non-internet computer. When I brought it back here, I re-read niedude's posts and was like, 'well that doesn't quite flow right... I'd better react to the vampire thing first.' But I still have the other half of that post saved for a bit later.

The speech also makes a mention of 'midnight association of Shadow killers'... MASK for a group name? Because a Persona is the mask you use to face the world; not that they would fully realize that, but still. I don't remember if that was suggested previously.

Kiruria
23rd September 2012, 5:11 AM
Well, you know, you could have just put both the question and the speech in one post--I kinda did that exact thing for Halberd, first having him debunking the vampire theory, and then commenting on the Court in general and such. And I really like that group name, but what would we call its members? The mask people? XD

I was pondering the idea myself at some point, a group name for us besides "Persona users". I thought about everything from the Tarot Knights to the Bellow High Saints, but nothing seemed to quite fit. Or Shadow Masters, but that could be interpreted an entirely different way too. >_< Or the Arcane Warriors, since we all seem to be involved in a war against the Shadows, we each represent an Arcana, and the Court actions are kept secret from the mundane world.

Also, are the fanfiction contest results ever coming out? If there even can be results, given most people didn't make the original deadline. It'd be nice to at least see everyone else's entries though.

Vivian_Bloom
23rd September 2012, 5:48 AM
If Shinai does turn out to be a vampire I really wouldn't be that surprised.

Team names, huh? 'Kay. Might as well ask what's our band's name. Somethin' silly and full of innuendo, like, really dirty. Sloppy Midnight, the Sticky Undies, or 2AM, Thirsty-Thirds, evening wear. Wouldn't want the rest of the school to get suspicous of what we really do. Can we get Wulfgard or maybe Jones to make this a real club? Blazers!

I'm still editing my fic, so good job to those who did make the deadline.

Kiruria
23rd September 2012, 9:02 AM
Nah, I really doubt he's a vampire, though he certainly acts like one at times (I even alluded to that in my fic). Given Amissa's appearance and what Shinai was trying to make last night, he's seeming to me more like Dr. Frankenstein now. The only question remains: who did Amissa use to be?

And back to the team name idea, that's a good point, giving it a name that sounds inconspicuous. Of course, if it's something silly, that would just make the group stick out like a sore thumb and make the principal question its existence. The official name would probably have to be something more ordinary-sounding or even boring. It could be an acronym, like the one Ysavvryl came up with, and then when school officials ask what it stands for, we can lie.

Zincspider
24th September 2012, 7:34 PM
Well, all of the fics I received are up!...
All two of them! I dislike so many of you right now.... 8D Smiley Face!

Anyway, here we go:
http://zincspider.deviantart.com/art/Upon-the-Beach-of-Storms-328981095 - Blivsey's Story

http://zincspider.deviantart.com/art/The-Contest-for-Everyone-s-Souls-1-328984121- Part 1 of Kirby's

http://zincspider.deviantart.com/art/The-Contest-for-Everyone-s-Souls-2-328985210 - Part 2 Kirby's

There's no winners, as I only received two. If more of you actually get them in, I can actually judge... but there's no point right now.
Still, hard work went into these, so at least enjoy them as much as I did.
Great work, you two!

Son_of_Shadows
24th September 2012, 10:45 PM
If I can ever go back and finish mine, you know I will.

Awesome work Bliv and Kirby!

Zincspider
27th September 2012, 2:07 PM
Hey, post.
Mana, Sofiya, Lace, ect. We need you guys.
Miyuki as well, but TSR has been keeping in contact and letting me know about when he can't post.
SoS and Wordy, you sexy beast, assume Miyuki texts you 'Jones knows. Need to talk soon as possible.' or something along those lines. I need to bunny a little bit seeing as it's been so long.

GoldenHouou
27th September 2012, 2:12 PM
I have part of my post written up already, so I should be able to get it in this week. But really, just so you know, the constant urging to post is reaaaally counterproductive. I hate when I'm constantly getting rushed. I mean, I understand it when lots of people are waiting for me and can't post before I have, but this isn't even a case like that.

Son_of_Shadows
27th September 2012, 3:43 PM
SoS, you sexy beast, and Wordy, assume Miyuki texts you 'Jones knows. Need to talk soon as possible.' or something along those lines. I need to bunny a little bit seeing as it's been so long.

Fixed.

I have no problem with you bunnying if you need to.

Vivian_Bloom
27th September 2012, 7:31 PM
I'm pretty sure Amissa's our new Empress, or I could be wrong. Again.

So this is just a reaction to Amissa and Shinai, right? Ok, I'll get on that, chief.

I'm glad that JP's back in the circle now. Missed that dude.

Zincspider
27th September 2012, 7:39 PM
I did to. I haven't had anyone to kick in the nuts, stab in their chest, or any of that fun stuff that usually comes along with JP.
JP is best punching bag, of all time.

Well, I'm not saying you're right, but you're not too far off either.

As for what she is.... you'll guess it eventually.

EDIT: Oh, and Wulfgard did answer her 'question'. I'm not sure if that's the right word though. More like... accusation?

Vivian_Bloom
27th September 2012, 8:07 PM
What? Ah, forget it! All this freakin' guess work. I'll just sit back and be surprised like a normal viewer and clap for all the smart people.

Yeah, I guess that was an accusation. I wasn't trying to get him shacking in his shoes or anything like that. I can work with it.

Time to pitch group names to Wulfgard!

Zincspider
30th September 2012, 3:35 PM
Guess work is good for the soul, as is finishing my homework... it's taking longer than I thought.

It's cool, Wulfgard needed it. I'm surprised more of you didn't do that.

If it's not BIGTITS, he's not listening. Jk, jk.
But suggesting what the cover of the group is (Dancing team, supernatural intrests squad, Bagpipe club 2) is also needed with a name, remember that guys.

Blivsey
30th September 2012, 5:31 PM
Hmm... I thought we had already settled on BEAST as a cover name a while ago (which would be my suggestion). Guess it's open for suggestions, though.

The cover would best be something physically-based: that allows them use of the gym for a training area as well as an excuse for when everybody shows up to school half-dead of exhaustion. LARPing, perhaps, would excuse the possession of practice weapons. Maybe a historical reenactment club? (With a subplot where they have to actually put on a demonstration for the school.)

Zincspider
1st October 2012, 12:36 PM
Well, we did in the DT, but it actually hasn't come up in game yet. Which is weird that it's mentioned so early on out TvTropes page.

Yeah, with the Fall Festival coming up, I was going to make you have to do something in regards to whatever you guys settle on, anyway, so good thing you're planning for it. All the clubs will be doing it as well, but they aren't important. Unless you're in another one and have to take part in multiple events. Then that's you're fault, you silly little man.

Kiruria
2nd October 2012, 9:28 PM
Hello, I'm just letting everyone know that it might be hard for me to post this week. I know it's been something like nine days since I posted, but I'll have a weekend occupied by work, a class on Thursday, and a job fair tomorrow that I have to prepare for, and a possible sleepover with a friend tonight. I'll try to get a post in soon, but if I'm absent during that time, this is why.

Zincspider
7th October 2012, 6:22 AM
It's cool.
Speaking of absences, has anyone seen Niihyl or Wordy in a while? I know they had things coming up, but I don't even think they've been online.
If I have too, I'll bunny them.

Anyway, we can discuss the name here in the DT so we can move on quicker in the RP thread, if you guys want. I'm for BEAST as it is.
but we'll also need to fit the acronym to what ever the club's purpose is.

I'll have another post up probably tomorrow.

Son_of_Shadows
7th October 2012, 9:38 AM
My hands are kind of tied without Wordy, and I haven't heard from her in probably about three weeks now I think. As for the acronym, I'm cool with whatever.

niedude
7th October 2012, 3:17 PM
I'm gonna have JP suggest BEAST become "Bellow's Extracurricular Abnormality Trackers" Club, and go along with the "this is a paranormal investigation club"

Lot's of official schools and universities have those. Heck, some clubs even have TV shows. I reckon this won't be a problem to pull off, especially if Jones (of all people) volunteers to become the club's headmaster, or supervisor, or whatever you call them.

Zincspider
7th October 2012, 5:07 PM
WHATEVER you say?
Now what could that stand for?
We Have A Tenacious Energy Violating Every Reach!

Niihyl
8th October 2012, 6:56 AM
Hey baby, you can violate my reaches any time.

Sorry I've been away for like a month :( Things just sort of piled up, I guess. Between illness, a sudden preoccupation with the whole "The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo" series, the release of Borderlands 2, and beginning Drivers' Ed (I now hate driving. Freakin' cars, man), I've been too lazy to get off my *** and get back into Serebii. I've sorta been stalking this thread on my phone though.

My laptop still refuses to boot... my solution is keeping it permanently plugged in and never turning it off. Because yes, foreign tech support guy, I've tried turning it on and off. I've also reinstalled all my drivers, updated the bios, cleaned out the registry, defragmented the disk, cleaned out malware and clean-reinstalled Windows. It's almost certainly a problem with the hardware, and I can't afford a new computer right now.

Sorry about the whole fanfic thing. I think it's clear that I'm working on Valve Time, so the release date is currently set at Soon™, which is actually Blizzard but whatever.

As for the thread, I like niedude's acronym, (though it requires more sex. And LARPing. LARSing?), Amissa x Shinai is now headcanon, (though she's shy. Totally not like another GMPC we know. For shame, unless she turns out to secretly be a demon-hunting badass whose Persona is a gigantic mecha that she pilots and my hypotheses are incredibly specific) and blood crusts maroon?

So yeah, I'm a terrible person with no sense of responsibility. I'll... post tomorrow. I need sleep.

Zincspider
8th October 2012, 12:59 PM
Hey baby, you can violate my reaches any time.

Gentlemen! Behold! I have pulled this man out of thin air! BY SIMPLY SAYING HIS NAME!

Sorry I've been away for like a month :( Things just sort of piled up, I guess. Between illness, a sudden preoccupation with the whole "The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo" series, the release of Borderlands 2, and beginning Drivers' Ed (I now hate driving. Freakin' cars, man), I've been too lazy to get off my *** and get back into Serebii. I've sorta been stalking this thread on my phone though.

My laptop still refuses to boot... my solution is keeping it permanently plugged in and never turning it off. Because yes, foreign tech support guy, I've tried turning it on and off. I've also reinstalled all my drivers, updated the bios, cleaned out the registry, defragmented the disk, cleaned out malware and clean-reinstalled Windows. It's almost certainly a problem with the hardware, and I can't afford a new computer right now.

... Have you tried hitting it? In the face?

Sorry about the whole fanfic thing. I think it's clear that I'm working on Valve Time, so the release date is currently set at Soon™, which is actually Blizzard but whatever.

I thought that was Riot... hmmm... I need to brush up.

As for the thread, I like niedude's acronym, (though it requires more sex. And LARPing. LARSing?), Amissa x Shinai is now headcanon, (though she's shy. Totally not like another GMPC we know. For shame, unless she turns out to secretly be a demon-hunting badass whose Persona is a gigantic mecha that she pilots and my hypotheses are incredibly specific) and blood crusts maroon?

Silly Niihyl, believing impressions from a Shinai arranged encounter. However, dried bloos is closer to maroon than red and I didn't want to say black or brown... thos colors bring other things to mind. But you still got blood out of maroon!

So yeah, I'm a terrible person with no sense of responsibility. I'll... post tomorrow. I need sleep.

Get it, and then return, sweet prince.

Replied in bold!

Zincspider
12th October 2012, 10:11 PM
Hey guys, I know I'm late on my update, but I have my reasons.
First, I was waiting for Niihyl to get his post up, second... well...
I'm gonna be completely honest here. Gremlins. Gremlins that cleverly took the form of a game called Dishonored. They captured me and held me hostage. So I did the only thing I know how.
I waited for them to turn away and then choked them until they went unconscious. I can't have my chaos going up, you know.

Niihyl
13th October 2012, 5:30 PM
Oh yes, Dishonored. I bought it on release, finished it in three days, all runes collected, all side missions completed, low chaos. Short but oh-so-satisfying. Thief + Deus Ex + Bioshock made me very happy.

On-topic: er... Tartarus!

InnerFlame
14th October 2012, 7:33 AM
Meep... sorry for the disappearance. Life and some computer technical problems on this side; I think my computer is slowly giving up on me... Just one problem after another. I'll read up and try to get a post in soon cross my heart.

Zincspider
16th October 2012, 6:56 AM
Meeting adjourned!
Time to do other things! Feel free to finish it up in your post, but now we should finally be getting to after school activities. Hang out with each other, stalk someone, throw a party for Ciara, prank Ciara at her party, make a JP pinata, whatever.
Oh! Maybe attach a car-battery to JP's crotch and interrogate him about where he's been! *cough*Sofiya*cough*

"You're still hiding something, IP! Give him another one, Kitty!~" *Mana gleefully connects the circuit electrifying JP's tenders*

"Nyah, b*tch. Nyah."

niedude
16th October 2012, 12:34 PM
meeting adjourned!
Time to do other things! Feel free to finish it up in your post, but now we should finally be getting to after school activities. Hang out with each other, stalk someone, throw a party for ciara, prank ciara at her party, make a jp pinata, whatever.
Oh! Maybe attach a car-battery to jp's crotch and interrogate him about where he's been! *cough*sofiya*cough*

"you're still hiding something, ip! Give him another one, kitty!~" *mana gleefully connects the circuit electrifying jp's tenders*

"nyah, b*tch. Nyah."

I AM SO UP FOR THIS

I can't help but laugh histerically at that last sentence.

GoldenHouou
17th October 2012, 1:56 PM
Meeting adjourned!
Time to do other things! Feel free to finish it up in your post, but now we should finally be getting to after school activities. Hang out with each other, stalk someone, throw a party for Ciara, prank Ciara at her party, make a JP pinata, whatever.
Oh! Maybe attach a car-battery to JP's crotch and interrogate him about where he's been! *cough*Sofiya*cough*

"You're still hiding something, IP! Give him another one, Kitty!~" *Mana gleefully connects the circuit electrifying JP's tenders*

"Nyah, b*tch. Nyah."

I... I approve of this. So hard. So, so damn hard.

*snaps fingers* Niihyl. Niedude. Get ready. JP's balls will never be the same after we're done.

Right. So. Sorry for disappearing there, guys (and for being kinda on the edge and assholish...er than usual before disappearing, lalala). Long story short; GH's been sick, but is getting better now. I'm still not sure when I can post, but I'll try to get something up during this week or the next. I kinda... have to get started on all the schoolwork's that piled up first and yeaah, not looking forward to that. >>

Niihyl
18th October 2012, 12:44 AM
JP would even agree to it! At first, anyway.

Sofiya: "Private! Remove your pants!"
JP: :D
Sofiya: "Now allow me to tie you up!"
JP: :/
Sofiya: "Kitteh! ACTIVATE THE CUBE OF THOR!"
JP: 0.o?
Sofiya: "We have ways of making you talk, comrade... WITH LIIIIIIIIIGHTNIIIING!"
JP: D:

GoldenHouou
19th October 2012, 6:00 AM
...Yes.

I'm now wishing one of Sofiya's elements would have been lightning so she could continue the torment in the Court. Well, at least she's got Ice, she can give a whole new meaning to "blue balls".

Unf.

Anyway, yeah, I'll try to get a post in Monday, definitely can't do it this week. This'll be first in line in my posting list though, because torture is fun it's been a while since I last posted.

Vivian_Bloom
19th October 2012, 9:40 PM
I feel bad for JP, but I know he can handle it. Just grin and bear it! I do want to see those torture methods, especially with Mana involved. Oh, boy.

Aside from that, I got a question for ya, Zinc. We're free for the rest of the evening till midnight, right? Social Link time?

Zincspider
19th October 2012, 9:55 PM
indeed you are... well, more like 10.30 really. Jones wants to see what you guys can do beforehand.

Son_of_Shadows
19th October 2012, 11:14 PM
My hands are still rather tied, considering Wordy hasn't been active for a month now...

Zincspider
19th October 2012, 11:17 PM
Then write it off.
Just go past that part in time and forget it for now. Don't count yourself out because someone else isn't here.
Bunny Ciara. When Wordy gets back, you can go over what you did with her, and proof it there. Just don't do much other than have them go on their own for a while and get a text from Miyuki giving the 411 on what's happened.

Son_of_Shadows
20th October 2012, 9:32 AM
Alright, I'll get on something as soon as I can then.

Zincspider
21st October 2012, 3:02 AM
I don't mean to rush people, but I do need someone to post before I can do another.
Bliv? Ysa? VB? It's all open for you now.

niedude
21st October 2012, 10:09 PM
I have a feeling 30% of everyone here died or something
Or RPG'ers in general. This sub forum hasnt seen a lot of activity

Zincspider
21st October 2012, 10:53 PM
It is really strange. TSR and Wordy let me know they won't be able to do too much until they get a break. But it's been a while. I'm trying to get in touch.
Everyone else has been busy I guess. Midterms did happen recently.

Ysavvryl
22nd October 2012, 1:52 AM
And NaNoWriMo is coming up soon, which has my hands tied already... actually, for most of this month. That plus stuff in real life has kept me from having time for RPGs, sorry. I just kept thinking that I'd find time somewhere, but that hasn't happened yet. At this point, I might not have time until December, or even later than that.

I really don't want to drop out of this game, as it's been so nice. But I simply can't find time for it.

Zincspider
22nd October 2012, 2:08 AM
Ysa, if you can get one post up for me before November, that would be all I need. Then don't even worry about it until December. It can be as small as you want, I just need one to get an idea of where he is and what he does and then I can bunny.

Vivian_Bloom
22nd October 2012, 11:32 PM
Alright, I'll work to have something up by Wednesday. At the latest, it'll be Thursday.

You need something to bounce off of, right? Would it be alright if I asked one of the teachers if they need help settin' things up for the Festival? If it's still too early for that, or if Jones' busy, I'll understand. Either that, or go see what clubs are still taking new members. Could you suggest some groups that're still open? I know two that I'm especially interested in; Instrumental Music, and Student Council.

Thanks!

niedude
23rd October 2012, 1:07 AM
Actually, didn't you already pick Clubs for Lace?
I remember we used to talk about our characters' clubs several times here in Discussion. For what it's worth, JP's was in Kendo and Boxing, but he quit the boxing club to join the cooking club after that one opened. His partners in the clubs are, if I recall, Russel in Cooking and... who's in Kendo?

And wasn't Sig in the cooking club too? Or have his teapot shenanigans messed up my recollection?

Anyway, JP's gonna bake a huge cake for the hottest girl in whatever club he's in to jump out of, which obviously means he's going to need to decide just who is the hottest girl in whatever clubs he is on. And we all know what that means!

BIKINI CONTEST!

Can we? :3

Blivsey
23rd October 2012, 4:45 AM
Nope - his shenanigans were nothing but shenanigans. He's just in the MMA club (or Martial Arts, or boxing, or whatever it falls under). I briefly considered putting him in dance, but Sigmund signed himself up for something more practical after the first court hit.

Honestly, I don't remember who all landed in which clubs. Or rather, I didn't, but then I made one of those lists like I tend to do.

Randy - Free Candy (band, lead vocalist)
Izzy - Free Candy (band, technician)
Liza - Publications Committee president, Writer/Editor of school paper, Student Aide to Wulfgard
Shinai - Student Council President
Snow - Free Candy (band, guitarist/backup vocalist)
Sigmund - MMA (subset of Martial Arts club, IIRC)
Sofiya - Martial Arts
Joshua - Drama + Fencing
Levin - None
Lace - None
Russell - Cooking
Ciara - None
Miyuki - None
Halberd - Fencing, Bagpipes (I kid)
Mana - Archery
JP - Kendo, Boxing -> Cooking

Everybody feel free to correct me if I'm wrong about any of those.

Also, there's no real point to a bikini contest. We all know that Joshua would win, anyway, despite his gender. Even if he wasn't entered.

Zincspider
23rd October 2012, 5:55 AM
Halberd is totes in fencing, I know that much.
It's kinda who he is. But the rest looks about right.
Thanks for that Bliv. A useful steward as always.

EDIT: VB, go ahead and ask Jones. it's cool, he's not busy. In fact, all GMPCs are open save for Randy and Liza, and considering how many slots I keep swiping up, that leave a lot of characters! 8D

If you want to join Student Council, go ask Shinai in the Student Council office. Music on the other hand... well, just do what you want for that.

EDIT: Yes, Josh with his scruff is a very fine lady

EDIT: Russel is totally in cooking too.

Son_of_Shadows
23rd October 2012, 3:11 PM
Also, there's no real point to a bikini contest. We all know that Joshua would win, anyway, despite his gender. Even if he wasn't entered.

I can indeed confirm this, yes.

Also he's in drama/fencing and I'll probably be posting either today or tomorrow evening, mmkay?

EDIT: Alright, I've had a long hard day, and I'm exhausted. But I promised a post, and a post I shall write.

Ysavvryl
28th October 2012, 2:18 AM
There we go. A Snow and Lace scene would be fun, but since I'm gonna be out for a month and who knows how the pace will be, it's easier to set him with the band. Besides, a Lace and Shinai scene could be funnier due to the drastic personality difference...

And I'm gone for now. Keep it going, guys!

InnerFlame
29th October 2012, 3:37 PM
>_< Sorry again... more computer problems. It feel like every computer I touch suddenly doesn't want to work anymore. I'm also job-hunting again and this passing weekend in I did my test for 2nd degree black belt and passed. I really will try hard to get a post in soon. Hopefully nothing will go wrong with this computer.

Zincspider
31st October 2012, 11:56 PM
Writing part of that post was one of the greatest joys of my life.

niedude
1st November 2012, 12:53 AM
Zinc, does JP need to have a talk with Randy?
Cause I think JP needs to have a talk with Randy.
And most likely high five him.

Zincspider
1st November 2012, 5:41 AM
No, Vincent Price Mr. Munroe already had it with him.
But you may still high-five him.
Also, HAPPY HALLOWEEN EVERYONE!

I had a picture drawn for it, but I don't have a scanner on hand... so it will have to wait.

Son_of_Shadows
1st November 2012, 7:35 PM
Zinc, I love you so much.

Wanted to make a "Randy" joke, but I couldn't think of one that didn't sound terribad.

Zincspider
1st November 2012, 7:37 PM
How much? I must know!

And we all thank you for that.

Son_of_Shadows
1st November 2012, 10:32 PM
How much? I must know!

And we all thank you for that.

More than you will ever know.

I'mnotstalkingyouwhywouldyouthinkthatthatwouldbein crediblysilly

Vivian_Bloom
2nd November 2012, 4:36 AM
Another high five for Randy! I'm really starting to like him now. Mr. Monroe needs to return at some point.

Shinai smells what you had for breakfast. You're making him feel really uncomfortable.

You feel a somewhat helpless bond with Shinai.

> Establish Social Link?

Rank One!

Blivsey
2nd November 2012, 3:42 PM
Oh, Mr. Munroe. Man's pretty suave and surprisingly chill with the whole thing.
On the other hand, Randy kinda held the idiot ball for a second, but it's funny enough that nobody cares.

I'm sure that J.P. and the others will have their shot at jeering when he and Liza walk in all red-faced, though.

More directly: I'd been meaning to post like two days ago, but the other (much longer) scene that I wanted to post kept spitting in my face, so Imma keep working on it. Maybe nudge it into the plot later. In the meantime, anyone who wants to can walk up to Sig and engage in Social Linky goodness - just pretend that he got a negative response and hung up. This window of opportunity will probably be good at least until Monday.

niedude
2nd November 2012, 4:08 PM
Derp. I had JP suggest "Bellow's Extracurricular Abnormality Trackers" and I forget to add the Students part there to make it BEAST and not BEAT.

Edited accordingly

Zincspider
2nd November 2012, 4:27 PM
So...many...tropes...in...Bliv's... sentence. Must.... punch... him.

But it is what he's doing at night, and it is a secret.

Well, that's good, steward. Good indeed.

I have a plan guys.
So, the fanfic thing failed... and that's sad.
But, I have a new, easier idea! And one that will help us further develop our characters!
We each ask the whole cast one question about them, their life, and personality each, including our own character.
So, for instance, Bliv would ask everyone and Sigmund one question, and send the full list to me.
When I get all of the lists, I'll separate the character's questions, get rid of duplicates, and send them to the character's owner.
After they answer them, I'll post all of the answers in one big fun post!
This is a project we've been doing in one of my classes, so it's also practice for me.
(No, it doesn't mean that your character's have to reveal it in game, but the answers would still be canon. So no answer dodging. Even if something secret get's admitted, it won't be like it makes it public knowledge. It's not like you're allowed to have secrets when I'm the GM anyway. Unless you're me. 8D)

Son_of_Shadows
2nd November 2012, 7:26 PM
For what it's worth, I intend to get on mine once my essays are finished...

Also, definitely in for the above, doesn't seem too complicated.

Zincspider
2nd November 2012, 8:27 PM
Good to hear, SoS.
I have a lot to do this week in particular as well.

Also, I added a spot for Amissa and Mr. Monroe in the TvTropes page. We need to get on that one day...
Also, I misspelled Monroe wrong that whole post... or did I spell it right and spell it wrong so many other times? I'm so confused.

Kiruria
5th November 2012, 5:07 AM
I do apologise for not posting in over a month... I guess fall is just a busy time for everyone. Makes sense, since it was historically the time when everyone was rushing to preserve stuff and prepare for the winter. But I just posted now, so now everyone can be happy.

Thanks for the club list, Blivsey. And I could have sworn Russell was in the drama club too... Maybe I'm not remembering correctly, or Inner Flame just didn't bother to propose a correction. I don't know. And haha, bagpipes club. LOL. And whaddaya know, the post I just made mostly revolved around a fencing club meeting, and also the very, very slight possibility of another tea party in the dorms. I'm always unsure whether to mention the presence of Joshua at these club meetings, especially this one since it's not on the usual meeting day and occurs on the day after a particularly stressful Court, so I'm not sure if Joshua'd be willing to attend that meeting.

Haha, I find it amusing how there have been quite a few sexual innuendoes made in this RPG recently. Like the B.I.G.T.I.T.S. proposition and Randy's little conversation about the Courtship. Heck, even I'm doing it... Lord Mother Nature help me.

Also, Zincspider, I really like that contest idea. Of course, all the questions that are presented to each character would have to be anonymous, to avoid bias toward any particular person here. Otherwise, I'm all for it! Now I'm actually looking forward to answering some of those questions... and figuring out what to ask.

Son_of_Shadows
5th November 2012, 11:01 AM
I'm always unsure whether to mention the presence of Joshua at these club meetings, especially this one since it's not on the usual meeting day and occurs on the day after a particularly stressful Court, so I'm not sure if Joshua'd be willing to attend that meeting.

Not today at least, you're fine.

Blivsey
5th November 2012, 4:15 PM
I'm totally backing Zinc's questionnaire - it's generally a fantastic way to develop characters, by accepting reader questions. I know I've got mine in.

Also, I hadn't noticed the innuendo thing - the suggestion of B.I.G.T.I.T.S. was made all the way back in POP and brought up again now, so the new one is Monroe's birds/bees speech. I suppose you've got a point somewhere in there, though.

I ended up scrapping what I had written, so I might not get around to finishing the second half of my post today. Depends on how soon I get done with other things. Keep in mind that if nobody approaches him (or notifies me of an intent to), Sig's haircut may or may not change. I'll update this space with progress. [Currently DONE! A touch longer than I expected, though.]
@Zinc: Not really so much that I need something to do, more like alerting people to open opportunities.

Zincspider
5th November 2012, 7:24 PM
Let's hope it's more than just you and Kuririri-by turn in the questions this time though. Getting them ASAP would really help. As soon as I receive them, I'll send the questions out to the character's owners, and post the answers by character as I receive them. I'll still take questions for Snow, Miyuki, and Ciara, but don't expect to get an answer back from them for about a month. Everyone else, I trust this isn't difficult, and shouldn't take more than a few minutes.

Yes, Kirby, it will be completely anonymous... except for me. I'll know who did everything. But I won't let a word of it slip. My Treacherous Adviser and Non-Treacherous Adviser are MIA anyway. No one to tell it to.

Well, I'll probably get something else up myself. VB, if you want to continue pressing Shinai, go ahead. It'll be fun to watch.
Bliv, if you want, Wulfgard and Jones are still around if you need something to do. He seems a bit agitated at them. But that's only a suggestion. That goes for anyone stuck.

Son_of_Shadows
5th November 2012, 9:54 PM
Yes, Kirby, it will be completely anonymous... except for me. I'll know who did everything. But I won't let a word of it slip. My Treacherous Adviser and Non-Treacherous Adviser are MIA anyway. No one to tell it to.

Officially offering my services as Yes-Man.

Zincspider
6th November 2012, 1:48 AM
Impossible. You are but the Treacherous Adviser's Steed! What would she do without a steed, you fool!?

Son_of_Shadows
6th November 2012, 11:07 AM
Impossible. You are but the Treacherous Adviser's Steed! What would she do without a steed, you fool!?

I dunno. Get a car? But you're right, I need to know my place.

niedude
6th November 2012, 1:24 PM
Officially offering my services as Yes-Man.

Obligatory Fallout New Vegas reference image goes gere

ERROR 404 NOT FOUND DUE TO ME SUDDENLY REMEMBERING ABOUT ALL THOSE WARNINGS WE HAD

I'll probably send them... tonight? I have some free time tonight.
It's just that I really don't know of any deep questions to ask most of the new cast. JP hasn't really interacted with them (and by extension neither have I) and believe it or not that kinda makes things harder for me.
But I'll gladly do it. I think its an awesome idea as well and I just cant wait to see what questions Ill get to answer!

Son_of_Shadows
6th November 2012, 6:29 PM
So hang on, we each come up with an individual question for everyone in the cast? Oh, I thought we were only doing one question for everyone each.

... That sentence made no sense. Basically, we come up with about 19 questions rather than 1?

Zincspider
6th November 2012, 6:33 PM
Yes. That's correct.
Sans Levin, seeing as Marbly left us...

Watch were you tread, Steed. We don't want to have to seek out new horseshoes, as that would leave fewer rubles for us!

Son_of_Shadows
6th November 2012, 11:30 PM
Oh, derp. I'll send them in to you tomorrow evening then. Got a few other things I need to be working on right now.

niedude
7th November 2012, 9:27 PM
My Phylosophy of Law teacher trolled all of us and, instead of having us take the test in the classroom, where it would take less than two hours and be a handful of pages long, he made us come home and do it, giving us 24 hours to rpesent a long and detailed assignment instead.

No, it's not easier from having ready access material. I have to make a test worthy long *** assignment on my weakest topic in this course (Law) in 24 hours.
Zinc, don't be expecting those questions for those said 24 hours. Its bad enough that I logged on to tell ya'll this.

Zincspider
8th November 2012, 7:00 PM
Hmm... I like posting at least once a week, so I want to get something up soon.
If anyone else wants to interject, I'd appreciate it, to give me something to bounce off of.
But I'll do what I need to.

Vivian_Bloom
10th November 2012, 3:46 AM
I'll post on Tuesday to have some fun with Shinai and catch-up, n' spend some time with Sigmund. It won't be anything big, but if you can hold off Shinai I'd appreciate it. Thanks!

InnerFlame
12th November 2012, 7:27 PM
Thanks for the club list, Blivsey. And I could have sworn Russell was in the drama club too... Maybe I'm not remembering correctly, or Inner Flame just didn't bother to propose a correction

Yes, Russell is in drama club as well unless he not suppose too. He might join the fencing club, though I don't know yet. Anyways I'm seriously going to get a post done today even if it kills me. I wish my computer wasn't broken... almost all the computer in my house don't work too well. And with a bunch people sharing the same one it hard to get on for long.

Zincspider
13th November 2012, 3:14 AM
Well... it seems IF killed her self by overworking.
She will be missed.

niedude
13th November 2012, 8:39 PM
Three clubs, school AND court?

IF, chill the **** out. There's a reason I took JP off of boxing to join cooking.

InnerFlame
13th November 2012, 11:04 PM
Nope I still alive but I was so pushing it to get it done. I had to give up the computer and I'm still an slow typer but on the bright side that motivation got me almost done. Just have to update it to current time of the RPG and it'll be complete. I just have to think of where to put Russell after school.

Well, Russell is an overachiever to the point of overdoing it. He only has two clubs and chances are he won't join the fencing club. That maybe is more of a not likely but it could happen.

GoldenHouou
14th November 2012, 10:20 PM
So at first I wasn't going to do it, because JP has suffered enough.

Then I thought no, JP can never suffer enough.

And voila.

Also, 'Roger' is now my favorite character. Anywhere. Ever.

\ officially back.

Zincspider
15th November 2012, 1:53 AM
Other than missing a nut check, your post was perfect. JP's suffering will never end. I can't let him die, or he'll finally be free.
It's nice to see you finally back.

Well, good to know someone likes him.

Zincspider
16th November 2012, 2:00 PM
YAY! IF Posted!
And it was worth the wait! Good to have you back gurl.

On another note, I finally got paid, so I can eat again. Now that I won't be slinking around with no energy I'll get to work on a post!

InnerFlame
16th November 2012, 8:27 PM
It's good to be back; I missed you peoples. It's too bad my computer still not working but the desktop is... kind of working now so maybe I could use that when I can't get on this computer. I'll try not to fade away on you guys again.

Vivian_Bloom
18th November 2012, 11:24 PM
GH and IF. It's good to have you back guys!

Well, it's a lot later than I'd like, but I finally got my post in. Since the Court meeting's around 10pm I don't plan on heading to the dorms and get back into the coming chaos and Shadows right now.

@ Zinc:
Are you eating well?

Zincspider
20th November 2012, 5:52 AM
I am now.

But I'm also in the last two weeks of my semester, and I don't seem to have as much time as I thought. I'll get a post up soon (TM) though.
Also, P4 The Golden gets released tomorrow, and I have to go pick up my shiny limited edition copy... And now you know where my food money went.
Bite me. 8P

Vivian_Bloom
21st November 2012, 3:04 AM
P4G! The limited edition sold out so fast. I'll get the standard Thursday. Oh, hey! You have access to the internet on your Vita, right? Can you call on us in the dungeons?

Zincspider
21st November 2012, 3:21 AM
I believe so, yes. Hey, I can actually interact with you guys in a different way!

I preordered my Solid Gold edition as soon as it was announced. I had to change my existing pre order, but all the cool stuff is so worth the extra 20-30 bucks or so. It was the only one to come into my gamestop too.
So freaking happy I was able to get it for 70. It's going for 150 on ebay right now. Sheesh.

Son_of_Shadows
21st November 2012, 8:53 PM
*grumbles something about living in the UK and not owning a Vita because of being a stingy dude*

Zincspider
22nd November 2012, 4:56 PM
Happy Thanksgiving everyone! Even if you aren't a fellow 'merican, I'm still thankful for all of you sticking by my stupid a** all this time with this game.
Seriously.

I'll have a post up tonight guys. Just for you.

InnerFlame
23rd November 2012, 4:23 AM
Happy Thanksgiving to all as well, even non-celebrators as well. Just so you know I'm glad to have join this RPG, and you're not soo bad Zinc.

I hope you guys enjoy you Persona 4 Golden for I don't have a Vita and I don't think I'll be buying for just one game. But feel free to rubbing it my face about how much fun the game is.

Zincspider
23rd November 2012, 4:45 AM
Thanks IF. 83
And it's soooooo good, IF. Like, sooooo damn good. I've looked into marriage, but apparently it's 'looked down upon' to marry a video game.
Although, Marie reminds me a lot of Wordy. Talks just like her...
I MISS WORDYYYYYYYY! WAAAAAH!

"SO LONG, MY LOVER! SO LONG, MY FRIIIIEEEEEEEEND!"

*sniff* I can't wait until Christmas break...

Also, I thought I would have more time to work today, but my family decided to go to the movies. I saw Wreck-It Ralph (again, and it was still awesome), and Rise of the Guardians (the little Baby Teeth Fairies are the most adorable things ever!), so while I'm sad I couldn't finish the post in time, I did have fun.

InnerFlame
24th November 2012, 1:24 AM
I have nothing to do while over my relatives house so I've been just spending my time drawing. I just about got all of my re-sketch of all the characters done. I planning an extra special surprise for everyone here for Christmas that I thought of while I was being bored, assuming I can go through it. So people look forward to it and I'll try to get it done in time. Got anything planned for the holidays, Zinc?

I heard Wreck-It-Ralph was good though I'm not a big movie person, but maybe I should go out and go watch it anyways... Nah, I'll just wait until it come out and then rent it.

GoldenHouou
25th November 2012, 8:56 AM
Someone married a pineapple somewhere in the States. You can marry your video game. FIGHT FOR YOUR RIGHTS MAN FIGHT FOR 'EM. Golden is worth it.

... Yeah, I came here just to say that.

niedude
25th November 2012, 12:34 PM
Someone married a pineaple?

I gotta say I can't imagine the sex being all that good.

Zincspider
25th November 2012, 3:59 PM
@GH
It's not illegal, it's just not 'suitable for a man of your species' or some crap like that.

@Niedude
That's because you're not a woman!

@Everyone
Well, Wordy was on yesterday, and she took time out of her busy schedule to actually send the questions I asked for
That makes four people, including myself.
And if Wordy can take time out of her busy schedule to do that for me, as she hasn't even been on Serebii in a month, I don't see why you guys can't take ten minutes to do the same.
I'm just sayin'. She really put most of you to shame right there.

InnerFlame
25th November 2012, 10:38 PM
.......... *whispers* What is he talking about? I must have missed something when I was having computer problems. I guess I'll go back and read?

niedude
25th November 2012, 10:44 PM
That is why she's your treacherous advisor Zinc, and we're only common Grunts.

Gimme a promotion, damnit.

Zincspider
25th November 2012, 11:06 PM
@IF

*doesn't whisper*
Yeah, maybe so. I guess you did miss it.

@Niedude
No, you're my Groom of the Stool, and GH is my Knight. That's far better than common Grunt!
Bliv is also my loyal Steward (and a damn good one at that), and Niihyl is my Court Assassin... but that's subject to change if he doesn't come back soon )8I
SoS is the Treacherous Adviser's Steed, Kirby is my Court Oracle (She gives perfectly good predictions that people tend to ignore for some reason...), IF is my Peasant... or my Royal Food Taster depending on how Treacherous Wordy is being, Ysa is the Scribe, and VB is my Jester.
Did I miss anyone? Other than my Non-Treacherous Adviser, TSR, of course.

PS: I'm the Princess.

Niihyl
28th November 2012, 1:26 AM
I'm here... PC fatal error'd on me, so I mailed it to Texas because it needs to go on a journey of self-enlightenment to fix its head... isn't it funny? Stuff breaking down exactly one month after the warranty expires? The school computers are awful, awful garbage. Library has mildly better computers though, and my phone is trusty as always.

I'm really sorry for the prolonged absences though. I'll do my best to get my **** together...

niedude
28th November 2012, 1:30 AM
My PC decided to go in a pout and refuse to load everything from the windows logo beyond. Apparently one of its two built in hard drives (apparently, its main hard drive, if that is how it works) decided it had enough of me hard resetting it countless times during its previous tantrums and just broke up.

I'm sending it to a tech tomorrow, and hopefully Ill be able to keep all my data and be set within a few days.
I swear, if I have to install Skyrim, Fallout New Vegas, AC Revelations, ME3, their respective mods and restart all their playthroughs... i will murder someone's children.

Oh, and it just so happens I just noticed that the post I had written up almost a month ago was never posted. Derp. I recall typing it up at night before bed and leaving it to be proofread in the morning and then completely forgetting about me never having posted the thing until... yesterday. Hurray.

I still have my turtle speed netbook, though. So at least I can access the interwebz, even if I'm starting to twitch from PC gaming withdrawal...

Niihyl
28th November 2012, 1:45 AM
Perhaps it's contagious. Hard drive error for me too. You or your tech should be able to recover the data using another computer and SpinRite or a similar program. I managed to back stuff up when the problem was in early stages... Though without an external drive, I had to choose around 25 gb of data to pick and choose. All my movies, my games, my anime...

Right as Omega DLC releases too. Apparently it's great. T.T

Anyway, will get to writing a post after finishing up with some other work.

niedude
28th November 2012, 5:30 PM
Well, for what's worth, my PC has two 500 gigabytes hard drives, and while I had used about 350 ggs worth of my "main" hard drive, my secondary one is largely unused, so I MAY be able to use my second one to back everything in my main one before formatting it amd hopefully fixing it. Luckily or not, I installed AC Revelations and ME3 there, so at least those games should remain untouched, and my other games such as Skyrim and Fallout were installed with Steam so I think I could get my old saves through Cloud storage even if I ended up loosing them, so my losses may be mostly covered here.

I am going to loose all the random crap I accumulated over my long years of internet prowling and random stuff I had no intention of backing up, though. Those will still be missed.

Sorry for the spamming... But it does seem contagious. First IF, then the both of us...
The plague. It spreads.

InnerFlame
29th November 2012, 3:30 AM
My computer refuses to charge... At first I had to force it to intake energy but it gradually got worst and worst until I couldn't make it take anymore. Unfortunately the warranty on it has long passed and the person that looked at it said it was internal and would cost more than the computer itself to fix. So it shall now forever remain discharged...

Hehe, no one but Golden notices that it was my birthday today though she (or he) does visit my profile quite frequently. I would have said something sooner but I've been out with my brother all day (helping him on my birthday). I really had nothing to do so on the bright side I have an extra special this RPG Persona drawing surprise for everyone. I'll put up a link once I get it uploaded.

And done, it took me awhile to get the finer details but here it is: Just Click and See... It's Adorable (http://flamingstars.deviantart.com/art/Persona-Chao-340276712?ga_submit=10%3A1354165293&ga_type=edit&ga_recent=1). Enjoy, and try to figure out which character is which. I just want to see if you can. And if you don't like how I imagine your character feel free to point out my flaws or else I just keep drawing it the same.

Son_of_Shadows
29th November 2012, 2:57 PM
Inny, that is adorable! What a great drawing! I think I can guess which one Joshua is... Bottom middle, holding a bunch of stuff.

Zincspider
29th November 2012, 4:05 PM
oooooooOOOOOOOO!
From left to right, top to bottom:
Russel, Halberd, Snow, Mana, JP, Lace, Sofiya, Liza, Garret, Testa, Randy, Izzy, Miyuki, Sigmund, Joshua, Ciara, Shinai, Amissa.
Do I win?
That's really cute IF.
You need to submit your stuff for the Group Page on DA so I can put them in.

InnerFlame
29th November 2012, 9:20 PM
Yup, that is Ciara stuff because everyone know Joshua is Ciara's man slave.

Yayz, they're recognizable! Zinc got all of them right. I forgot I could do that. Let me see if I remember how...

Edit: Right, I don't have permission to submit art to the group. I remember now why I don't do it. I think this something that you have to do.

Vivian_Bloom
1st December 2012, 12:43 AM
Hey, that's a great picture! High-five!

Out of everyone there it looks like Sigmund is the sanest and most put together. No surprises there.

Oh! Happy Berfday, IF. I never asked anyone here what there birthday is and I should've got to you sooner. Well, hope you enjoy your day!

Zincspider
4th December 2012, 4:36 PM
Well, I've been busy with finals, and my last one will be turned in tomorrow, so I can finally get back into writing up posts regularly.
I hope to get a lot done, but I need all of you as well!
So, get ready guys! We're gonna be moving much better starting on Thursday!

Also, if I could get a few more sets of questions in (one more would be nice at the very least. Don't think you can pass it on someone else, or no one will do it), that would be great.
VB just go hers in and they're great.

InnerFlame
4th December 2012, 11:49 PM
Hooray, make sure you get plenty of sleep and have a good breakfast before you test Zinc; hopefully you been studying cramming is a big no-no cause it quick to forget. InnerFlame on standby for RPG update.

By the way, how far back would you said these supposed questions are?

Zincspider
5th December 2012, 1:03 AM
page 55, post 1098

Wordy
6th December 2012, 7:30 PM
In place of last year's fanfic, here's Wordy's Christmas Project for this year (http://lacecondorforpresident.blogspot.co.uk/).

xxx

I love The Sims 3. Goddess Wordy ahoohoohoo

niedude
6th December 2012, 9:13 PM
I am VERY excited for this.

For some reason I have the odd feeling JP will impregnate three characters, and one of them will be Mana.

Wordy
6th December 2012, 11:32 PM
Heehee, I'm glad.

Well, you know, anything can happen. JP was one of the first Sims I made actually, because I was fairly confident on the personality I could give him. Later creations were... trickier.
JP's Lifetime Wish, FYI, is to have been boyfriend to ten different Sims in his lifetime. Ja. So his actions may be programmed to get towards that goal, hm?
Lace's Lifetime Wish is to be Leader of the Free World, so President.

Speaking of President Condor, the first blog post is up. Meet Lace. (http://lacecondorforpresident.blogspot.co.uk/?view=classic)

Zincspider
8th December 2012, 7:24 PM
Alright, I sent out the questions! Well, to everyone but SoS, because I'm still waiting for someone to send Josh a question because they forgot him.
The way it's set up is that Lace is going to be holding a Talk Show, and asking the questions. I'm using that because VB put the work into coming up with a setting for it, and Lace is silly enough, yet sane enough, to ask these questions while being completely in character.
So there's two Lace centric things going on right now.
Next, I'm planning 'The Halberd Hour' where Halberd wears a velvet robe and talks about women and how to seduce them.

Son_of_Shadows
8th December 2012, 9:19 PM
Alright, I sent out the questions! Well, to everyone but SoS, because I'm still waiting for someone to send Josh a question because they forgot him.

*shock horror reaction* I! AM WOUUUUUUUUUNDED!

Also I intend to post when this final essay is out of the way, hopefully by Tuesday.

Kiruria
10th December 2012, 3:48 AM
Next, I'm planning 'The Halberd Hour' where Halberd wears a velvet robe and talks about women and how to seduce them.

This will be the most boring part of the show. At least according to Ciara, anyway. Well, according to Ciara, everything Halberd says or does is boring. I find that amusing, actually. ^_^

So Halberd is now the pimp around here? ...Well, all I can say is, I totally didn't expect that. Actually, Halberd turned out to be a lot of things I didn't expect him to be as a result of this RPG. Hooray for odd character development!

Zincspider
13th December 2012, 10:36 PM
*Production assistants and crew are running in the halls. Cameras, wires, and audio equipment are flying around. A sharp looking executive from the new studio's pounding and yelling outside the host's door. Ten minutes go by there's no response from our host. The executive throws his papers at the ground and storms off just as a slim girl with messy red hair in a cream and black suit peeks out the door.

The girl is snatched out the door and lead down to the stage where a live audience is waiting in pitch black. She refuses the notes and prepared script, empties a bag of Skittles in her mouth and stuffs it in one of the camera crew's breast pocket. She pats him on the shoulders and leaps on the stage.

The lights brighten up the stage and the band starts the opening theme. Lace Condor, our host for the night, is having trouble with her tie. The band finishes the song and all their smiles fade away staring at the host. The executive is fuming behind the stage and an assistant rushes on stage to fix her clothes. The band plays up again as Lace paces around the set waving to the audience.

Through the applause a woman's voice over plays the speakers welcoming everyone to the show. Lace is stretched completely over what was a clean cream couch. Next to her, a bright red lazy-chair with a cup holder is pulled out on stage for the guests. Another is placed on stage if necessary.

Tonight there are two chairs as Shinai and Amissa walk in, Shinai in a nice suit, and Amissa wearing a nice green dress with gold trim. She still has a gauze eyepatch.
Shinai is holding a cocktail glass with clear alcohol and an olive at the bottom, and takes the seat farthest from Lace.

Lace: "First on the show we have Shinai Haitani and Amissa... Amissa...

Amissa: "Silverman, Miss Condor. It's a pleasure to be here."

Lace:"Silverman! Amissa Silverman! Hey, how's it goin'? Let's start wtih you shall we?"

**Lace pulls out a large stack of cards and flips through them for a few seconds.

Lace: I see you and Shinai came in together. How did you guys meet?"

Amissa: “I met him shortly after my surgery. That is all the information I can give you at this juncture. Please accept my apologies.”

Lace: “What is your opinion on your fellow students?”

**Amissa claps her hands together, seemingly genuinely excited.**

Amissa: “They are fun. Compared to Mas... Shinai, they are spirited, even when having to fight Shadows. It is a... how do you say it? 'Delightful change of face?' He can get so grumpy sometimes.”

Shinai: “I'm not grumpy *grumble grumble*”

Lace: “If you knew the B.E.A.S.T. guys as well as everyone else, who would you trust the most? You can't say Shinai.”

Amissa: “I think I would have to trust Sigmund the most. He is not completely unpredictable, he doesn't sneak around, and he does not seem to be keeping any secrets.”

Lace: “What do you like to do on rainy days?”

Amissa: “The same as on non-rainy days. I go out to the supermarket, sneak past the old brick wall, and feed that stray cats that live in the abandoned lot. Shinai says we cannot bring them home. The building does not allow pets. It makes me... sad.”

Lace: “Who is your idol?”

Amissa: “I... I have no idol. It is simply something I fail to posses. I apologize once more.”

**Amissa drops her head, genuinely ashamed with her answer.**

Lace: “You're probably going to be drug into the Court, that sucks. But how would you fight Shadows if you have no Persona?”

Amissa: “I will simply have to employ the use of an object with the largest mass nearby that I could feasibly swing, and beat them till they cease function.”

Lace: "Well, that's all for you Amissa, thank you so much. Let's move on to Shinai! Welcome to my studio, Mr. Prez! I never asked any of the others this, but can you tell me something? I want to know what you were like when you were in school? You're a lot different from me or anyone else here. What was it like?"

Shinai: “Well, I'm still in school obviously, haha. But I guess I've... matured? No. That isn't the word. Hardened, maybe. But I'm far from mature. I was wide eyed and excited back in middle school. Always looking forward to the new day. I always finished my school work quickly, so I'd devote my time to other things. Organizing field day, cleaning up the grounds... stuff like that. We didn't really have a Student Council at my old school. I was elected, but we never did anything because of the council. But I guess I was the closest thing to President we had. So I guess that hasn't changed.”

Lace: “You are blinded in the court, for life. You are helpless to protect those you treasure the most during the day, and only after midnight can you rely on Ophidian's control to be an asset to anyone. If you had a chance, would you extend the hold of the court past a secret space-time zone and into normal day if that meant you could let Ophidian control you to do what needs to be done?”

Shinai: “A week ago, I might have said yes. But things have changed. Now, I could care less if I was blind. I'm disposable.”

Lace: “Your shadow has caused you much grief. What's your plan when you find it?”

Shinai: “To make it feel every ounce of pain and torment it has dealt to me. And then some. It claims to be me. That may be true. If it wants me to be a monster? I'll show it a monster.”

Lace: “Do the ends justify the means?”

Shinai: “I hope to God they do.”

Lace: “You're being executed, but as a courtesy you're allowed to choose your manner of death. What is your choice? Conversely, how would you*least want to die?”

Shinai: “How come I get all the grim questions, eh? How come I don't get asked things like 'where do I see myself in 10 years' or something nice and simple like that? For future reference, the answer is-”

Lace: “That's not the question Prez.”

Shinai: “Fine, fine. Well, this answer's actually rather simple for me. Publicly, with the ability to give my last words to the crowd... the manner that they actually carry it out is meaningless. I just wish people to know why I died, and for what. Death is a powerful force, Miss Condor. It sparks rebellions... and also quells fires.”

**Shinai takes a sip from his cocktail and looks off into nothing for a moment**

Shinai: “Being silenced, isolated from the rest of the world, and to never be found... assassinated. All of that. I don't want my death to be a secret. I don't want to be killed in my sleep.”

Lace: “Have you ever seen a professional therapist? Dude, you have issues.”

**Shinai smiles wryly before answering**

Shinai: “Once or twice. Not that I bothered to stop and chat on the sidewalk. He seemed like a busy man! Ha!”

Lace: "Ha! Well, that's all Prez, please have a good night! Tell the next group to head out! Take some M&Ms on your way out! Remember, M&Ms, melt in your mouth, not your hand!"

InnerFlame
15th December 2012, 5:46 PM
I thought the talking about seducing women fell into Randy's hand XD Hell, even our Lover JP until he turn all antisocial for a couple of months.

Hehe, Lace's all popular all the sudden. Now we need a 'Into the mind of Lace Condor' where everyone is represented by candy of some kind.

Flame's Christmas Project is on its way, my only snag so far is I'm doing a terrible job drawing Halberd... His image in in my head but I can't get it to translate to paper. I guess when I get to him I'll just have to stop and draw some sketches of him until I draw one I actually like. Like what I did with Sigmund. I know if I'm diligent I should have it done long before Christmas, so look forward to it.

niedude
15th December 2012, 9:42 PM
Oh, JP's getting laid. he's just doing it off screen.

Zincspider
16th December 2012, 5:35 AM
I've got two parts up today! I'll have the rest of the player characters done tomorrow! Then I'll finish the unimportant people!

*The show returns from commercial break, interrupting Lace in the middle with trying to play with the 'Cupcake Corner Crew', the band that entertains the audience during breaks. Her attempt to convince the band she can play the electric triangle is cut short as Snow peeks into the set and walks out, met with applause. He waves gingerly back and Lace jumps back onto her couch, pretending like she'd never gotten off.*

Lace: "Snow! I was wondering when you'd get your butt on stage!"

*Snow raises an eyebrow and takes a seat in the arm chair closest to Lace*

Snow: "But you told me to wait-"

*Lace pulls out her stack of cards and decides that snow doesn't need to finish his sentence.*

Lace: "And now onto the questions! We're behind you know!If you could meet your parents once more, what would you most want to tell/ask them?"

*Snow is taken aback with the subject matter. He clears his throat to buy time then begins his answer*

Snow: “I'm not sure... I'd definitely want to tell them that I love and miss them. And maybe, I'd ask why they wanted me to come to this school in particular, why they had helped fund its rebuilding. I hadn't been told why and it seems strange with how things are turning out.”

Lace: " Well then, If the spirits of your dead parents were reachable inside the court, would you fight to prolong it? Despite the many casualties it would bring?

Snow: “Well, ummmm...”

*He seems very conflicted and not sure how to answer the question. Instead he kind of shrugs and gives an apologetic look.*

Lace: "Let's move on to a happier subject then, shall we? Will you and Joshua ever perform your song together?"

*Snow looks thankful for the change in question.*

Snow: “I hope so! I like how it's turning out, but you'd have to ask him if he wants to perform it too. He mostly plays for himself, so I don't know if he would want to play in front of others.”

Lace: "Are you glad that your life turned out the way they did?"

Snow: “It's not great, but it could be worse. I guess you could say I'm content rather than glad; I think I still have a long ways to go before things are really good again.”

*Snow finally seems to be adjusting to the situation and is becoming comfortable.*

Lace: "The band breaks up, but doesn't stop being friends. Would you stick around with them? Or move on to another group?"

Snow: “I'd like to stay friends with the guys; they've helped me a lot. But if the band broke up, I'd probably end up looking for another band to play with so I can keep playing music for people. But Randy, Izzy, Phil, and Ned will always be good friends to me.”

Lace: "One last question, and it's one I have to know the answer to. Do you roll in the snow in the winter account of your hair? How'd it get it like that? Does it have anything to do with the weather? I bet it's the Sun, isn't it? It is, huh?!"

Snow: "Uh, what? I like playing in the snow; it snowed a lot where I used to live. But my hair doesn't have anything to do with the weather. It's just what I was born with. My Dad said I was lucky, since I don't get sunburns easily with how white my hair is. I mean, I still get sunburns if I forget about sunscreen, but not enough that I have to cover my skin entirely."

Lace: "Well that's disappointing. Well Snow, that's all we have for you! Please send out the next... person... guy... girl.. whoever. Let's get this show on the road!"

*Snow stands up, waves at the audience one more time then heads to the back. Not too long after, Halberd walks out, still wearing his kilt. Taking powerful strides, he sits in the chair and shoots a wink out to the audience, which is met with at least four swooners (one of which is male). Lace reaches over for a high five, and doesn't take her hand back until she gets it.*

Lace:" Halberd Donnneee-bleh *ahem* Halberd! Ladies and gentlemen! Straight to business. I might not have this right, so help me out here. You fence, right? Is it the same as sword-fighting?"

*Halberd chuckles and shakes his head. The motion itself gives of a heavy accent somehow.*

Halberd:" Fencing is a very specific type of sword-fighting. Sword-fighting in its general form can be done with any kind of sword, but fencing relies specifically on blades designed more for finesse than for power and ease of cutting--the rapier being the first weapon it was used with. However, some of the techniques present in fencing can be applied to the use of other swords--one just has to bear in mind the properties of the sword when using it. One thing I told the members of the fencing club was that it's very important to make sure each blade we use has blunt edges and a button on the end, for if they were really sharp and pointy, most of us would be dead or severely wounded by the end of practice."

*Lace is shown to be staring at Halberd, but her eyes are blank.*

Lace: "Soooooooo... It's sword fighting?"

*Halberd rolls his eyes*

Halberd: "Yeah, it's sword fighting."

Lace: "Awesome! You now control the Court. You have to pick one person to die so the whole of humanity lives longer. The catch? It can't be you, and it needs to be someone you are at least friends with. Who would it be?... Yeeesh, that's sick. Who wrote this?"

Halberd: "Dammit, I can't pick Shinai or Sofiya under those terms. Well then, it would have to be Joshua. I do hate to say it, especially since he's been a very good sport in the fencing club and has a decent personality overall. But unlike anyone else, I actually benefit from being rid of him: if he's gone, I have more of a chance with Ciara."

*Halberd strokes his beard and grins as if entertaining the thought. He soon catches himself and coughs trying to throw attention off of his train of though. Lace picks up the next card, and jumps into the next question, nervous.*

Lace: "Story time! What's the most embarrassing thing you've ever done?"

Halberd: "The most embarrassing thing I have ever done was try to wrestle one of JP's Shad-ho's and made it look like I was trying to have sex with her instead. Oh, you mean outside the Court? Well, I do remember a time on the first day I ever wore a kilt to school. It was in my freshman year, I think, and I had a ponytail and no facial hair yet. So naturally, I had a bunch of people mistake me for being a girl. I wasn't too embarrassed by this though--like most other mockeries people say about me, I just shrugged it off. So after a conversation with a few other students along this tangent, I guess a part of my mind began to believe I actually was a girl. I walked into gym class, and when we went to change into out gym clothes, I went into the girls' locker room instead of the boys one. The funny part about this was that I didn't have a problem with seeing a bunch of girls around me, and they even thought I looked like a girl as well. But you won't believe how red my face turned when I casually said hello to a girl walking by me and she could tell I was a boy by my voice."

*Once again, Lace stares blankly at Halberd. The air of 'tldr' fresh in her face*

Lace: "Oh, this one's fun! Rank the female characters by how attractive they are to you."

*Halberd prepares his answer with almost super human speed, as if nothing else is on his mind. He even begins counting off his fingers.*

Halberd: "In descending order: Ciara, Terri, Lace, Liza, Clarise, Miyuki, Sofiya, Amissa. Ciara and Terri are just plain hot, and sound interesting despite their flaws (especially the case with Ciara). Liza isn't that bad-looking, and I think I'd get along with her and her analytical nature--though she is a bit on the quiet side. Miyuki's kind of cute, but a bit too too shy and and delicate for my taste, and too pale as well. Amissa is way too shy and delicate for my taste, and seems passive and even soulless. Clarise is okay, but I think it would be really awkward for me to have a cheerleader as a girlfriend. Sofiya is annoying in a bad way; at least you seem nice on the inside. I seem to have a growing interest in you for some reason, though I dare not show it.

*This final sentence is met with Halberd leaning in towards our host and giving her a deliberate wink, before backing up and laughing it off. Lace joins in on the laugh, unsure whether he's serious or not.*

Lace: "Well then, who would your pick of the ladies be?

Halberd: "I like a girl who is strong and self-reliant, and is reasonably outgoing. I don't think I'd do too well with a more quiet and submissive type of girl, no matter how good looking she is. I'm into smart and/or nerdy girls as well, but frail-looking ones don't turn me on at all. Perhaps I'm afraid I might break them. It is because of all the above criteria that I have an eye on Ciara and--dare I say it: you Miss Condor. As of now that is. And Terri if she ever recovers from Apathy Syndrome."

*They both start laughing again, but Lace decides not to contemplate it too long, jumping to the next card.*

Lace: "Black Cat Bandits. Do you still like that name? If it wouldn't change anything else, would you change the name to something else?"

Halberd: "Well, when we were first trying to come up with a group name, I had initially suggested the Merry Misfits. Everyone liked that idea at first, but in the end we just didn't think the 'misfits' part suited us. Nowadays I don't mind the name 'Black Cat Bandits' at all, though I don't think the cat is the best animal to describe me. I personally would have loved to be part of a gang with a pirate- or sword-related name, but that's just me. I'm really not that good with coming up with clever names anyway--that's my little brother Warren's job."

Lace: "Well, Halberd, this was eye opening! But I believe that's all the questions we have for you! Please send in the next guest... blah blah blah, you know the drill."

*Lace takes a moment to try to explain how to play Two Person Solitaire to Josh, who's sitting in her guest chair, politely trying to pay attention.*

Lace: "And when one of you gets the four of diamonds, you win. Now, let's get started. You've been seeing Ciara for a while, right? She's been mostly keepin' to herself though. I think she's starting to open up a little more now. Tell me how you feel about her. Do you feel any different then when you first started talking with her?"

*Josh rights himself and sort of blushes at the question. He still answers.*

Josh: I wouldn't say we've been "seeing" each other per se, we've just been spending time together as friends... How I feel? Truthfully? I care about her a whole lot, but at the same time, I'm still really conflicted, given what her Shadow recently revealed to me... I'm not 100% sure I can trust her anymore, but I can't tear myself away from her. Call it a lack of willpower.

Lace: What would you change about yourself to make yourself or Ciara like you more? Both physically, mentally, and if it suits your fancy, Persona-wise.

Josh: It's hard to say. Personally I wish I could be a bit more assertive, but I don't really have it in me. I always feel like I need to apologise if I stand up for myself for some reason.

Lace: What one thing would you most want to change about your current life, beyond the general "End the Court"?

Josh: I'd like to devote more time to my acting, do a few independent amateur productions around Quartermain, since I want to apply to theatre school. Sadly, saving the world has to take priority at the moment. Shadows and all that.

Lace: Have you ever stood up for yourself against someone?

Josh: Very rarely. Even I can be pushed too far. But, I don't like confronting people, it makes me too uncomfortable. And then I feel like I need to apologize as I've already said.

Lace: Would you protect something you believed in to the point where it meant your life or another's? (this could mean self-sacrifice, sacrifice, or murder)

Josh: Something I believed in? Personally I operate on live and let live - I'll respect your beliefs if you respect mine, but if you mean fighting for a cause... No, I don't think I could justify taking or losing my life for an ideology.

Lace: Oh, and speaking of your life, I'd steer clear of Halberd for a while. It's not.... healthy. Moving on. Given your current 'lifestyle' would taking part in a school play still be possible? What if you got a major part? What if you didn't even get past auditions?

Josh: I feel like I'm permanently busy and permanently exhausted these days. But I need the experience if I want to go to theatre school, so I feel like I would at the very least try. If I got a major part, something would have to be dropped. I don't know what it would have to be though. Probably working out, though hopefully the play would keep me busy enough. And if I failed to pass auditions... Well, that would suck, but I think I'd be relieved too, since I wouldn't have to lose any of the rest of my time.

... So I'm defined by my acting, relationship with Ciara and lack of assertiveness in conclusion.

Lace: Yes. And that's sad. These questions should be ashamed. NEXT!

Lace gets off her Couch and forcefully pushes Josh of the stage, dragging out Sigmund in his place, and plopping him in the chair. Acting as if she hadn't done anything, she pulls out her cards and looks at Sig, smiling ear to ear.*

Lace: "Dark Chocolate! How's it been? You look great! Listen. There's something I'm a little curious about, and if it's too personal, let me know. You're a good looking guy, Sigmund. You're honest, you can cook, and it's really easy being around you. Since you've been here were there any girls that you've seen that you might be interested in? What kind of person are you looking for? A girl to be specific. Someone who's calm and takes things as they come, or do you want something more... adventurous?"

Sigmund: Great to be here! Thanks for sayin' so. Mmm-hmm. Well, I gotta say, all the girls around here've got their charms - Miyuki's got a cute look going on, you and Sofiya are just fun to be around, everyone's got good points. That's gotta sound like a cop-out, but it's pretty true, and 'sides, I wouldn't want to ruin my chances with any of 'em by taking sides here! I don't really look for anything in particular, though. I figure I'll know a girl I like once I get to talking to her.

Lace: Have you ever loved anyone?

Siggy: You mean, like, a girlfriend - I mean, I love my family and my friends, but that doesn't make for very interesting material, does it? But yeah, once or twice. I managed to date this one Irish girl for a whole day in the fourth grade, but I wouldn't really count that. I guess the closest thing I've come to it was a couple years back, in the eighth grade. South African girl. Short. Very energetic. We got along great - I mean, we were pretty much inseparable the whole three months or whatever it was we were together. She ended up having to move that summer and didn't want to do the long-distance thing, so that was over. Kinda drowned myself in yard work and tennis until I managed to get over that one.

Lace: Would you give up everything for the woman you loved?

Sig-Miester: Okay, if there's one thing I've learned to hate over the last two months, it's sadistic choices. I mean, the right answer should be "yes," but it's not really just simple like that. I mean, there's the part where your survival instinct makes you instantly say no, and that they'd probably be stuck with guilt for life, and... it's just messy. I mean, I hope I'd have the guts to do it, but still.

Lace: How do you feel about being the only black member of the team?

Sig-A-Licious: That one was random chance, though, wasn't it? I mean, nobody's made a big deal about it yet, I figure it can keep on not being a big deal. I'll just keep on representin'.

Lace: If you were planting a garden, how much effort would you put into it? What kind would it be? From Zen to Vegtable.

Cinders: Ooh, I do love me some fresh veggies. Thing is, they're usually not great to look at, so I guess I'd want to keep 'em in back and surround 'em with better-looking bushes and flowers. I guess there's kinda a zen to that. Y'know what I've always wanted to try, though? Bone-sai. Y'know, those trees that you grow into weird shapes? Dunno where I would grow one, living on campus, though. I wouldn't mind putting the work into maintaining a good-sized garden - I mean, it's just regular busy work - but there's not much room for anything else.

Lace: What one thing have you most enjoyed about your daily life since the school year started? Anything you've missed?

Sigmund 'Angel D*ck' Johnson: Just being part of the team, I guess. We were forced together and all, but it's worked out really well for the most part, and all the other stuff just makes us tighter as a group. Always somebody else at your back and all. I have kinda missed my old friends from North, though. I mean, I still live in the same town, but for the most part I don't talk to them much any more, but that's just 'cause I'm bad at keeping up on these things, I guess, and we kinda still see each other.

Lace: Well, it was good having you on the show, Sig. Now, did you hear about what happened last night? Apparently, a man was killed in a rice field with two novelty figurines. This is the second recorded case of a Knick-Knack Paddy Whack....

*Lace continues to chat with Sigmund while the show cuts to commercial.*

InnerFlame
16th December 2012, 8:03 AM
Snow likes snow... Russell really hates snow; but mostly because he get really cold. I won't lie when I saw Halberd I was prepare for long very worded responses to follow. And I was not disappointed XD Is this where 'The Halberd Hour' came from?

...Oh Joshua..... grow a spine! It make me so sad seeing him get pushed around all the time. And that submissive attitude would really infuriate Russell if he had to deal with it on a daily basis. Josh is just the type of person that he would hate if he just met him randomly on the street. Hehe, Dark Chocolate... I enjoy how his name changes with every response.

I'm getting such insight on people. I wonder who will be next? *patiently waits*

Son_of_Shadows
16th December 2012, 10:38 AM
I'm honestly disappointed that I haven't had an opportunity for conflict between Joshua and Halberd now. Give it time folks. Also, loving how Sigmund's name changed every time he had a line there.

niedude
16th December 2012, 12:50 PM
Reading the whole of Halberd's interview made me feel threatened for JP's sake. Not only is he loosing his stud status to someone in a skirt, that guy also has the hots for Terri?

JP, it's time for you to sprinkle up on some Old Spice and reclaim your honor!
Preferably in a contest the likes of which Barney Stinson would approve!

Also: lol@AngelD*ck Cinders

Son_of_Shadows
16th December 2012, 1:51 PM
I can see it now. Joshua and JP team up to beat the crap out of Halberd.

... Well, I doubt Joshua would be doing the actual beating, but he could lure him into a trap.

Wordy
16th December 2012, 2:34 PM
Hey Zinc, when you're done post them all up to the deviantArt page for posterity so they're never looost.

Oh my god, some of this is hilarious.
It's weird how all of us who sent questions sort of thought of women/relationships as far as Halberd and Sigmund are concerned.

I love how Halberd's answers were longer. Makes me feel better about some of my... essays.
Oh, wow. I had a feeling that Halberd had a thing for her, but I'm normally oblivious so I thought maybe it was just me? Hee. Maybe Kirby should play up his womanising aspects for future hijinks and lolz. Lock up your love interests something something
But Halberd doesn't know that he's making poor Russell so jel, sigh. Unrequited love.
Yeah, JP and Joshua united in their heterosexual primal urge to protect their chosen mates from a rival male....*snrk* #deceased

So, who do we have left? Defs JP, Ciara, Lace and Russell (as well as the GMPCs). Not sure about anyone else... (sidenote: the blog has had views in the Philippines and Finland, so hopefully this means that TSR and GH are watching from somewhere, even if they haven't been on in ages)

...Reading some of these answers kinda makes me want to do follow-up questions, lol. Or just tackle different aspects (I mean, some people seem to have gotten variations on pretty much the same theme/topic). But maybe we should send our questions directly or something and write up the interview segments ourselves, to take the pressure off of poor beleaguered Zinc who also has to write posts in the actual RP thread?

#whatever

Hilariously enough, in The Sims Lace actually has a pretty solid chance of getting laid.
Jones, Wulfgard, Halberd, Randy, JP, Joshua, the maid, the fireman, and the burglar who robbed her house all said "I'd like to get to know you better", or, "It looks like you and I were meant to be!"
...It's nuts. I didn't make her to be particularly zomg attractive, but I guess that's how it turned out.

Blivsey
17th December 2012, 1:16 AM
Sigmund, the man of two dozen nicknames. We need to do the character Q-and-A thing again - this was good fun (albeit there could be a bit more of a segway between questions in this format). Totally taking notes for later and looking forward to the other updates. For that matter, the Lace Diaries have oddly managed to catch my interest, too.

Man, all a' these new projects make me want to do something, too... maybe. I have ideas and such.
[EDIT: Nyet, comrades, 'tis not in the cards for now. But someday!]

But first I should update on the tea party. It *is* the main thread, after all. And finals are either done or getting done for pretty much everyone this week, so with any luck the main thread will ger moving more.

Zincspider
19th December 2012, 1:42 AM
Sorry guys. The past few days have been rough on me. A whole bunch of unfortunate stuff, internet down for a day, and now I'm sick.
I'll get the rest of the QnA up as soon as I can.
Love yall still. Just not feeling well.

InnerFlame
19th December 2012, 11:52 PM
Okey-dokey Zinc, feel better soon. I'll be waiting. My Christmas surprise is going well though I'm wondering if I'll get it all done in time. Well I keep trying my best and see if it happens.

Zincspider
24th December 2012, 5:29 PM
Wow, it's been over a week since I've done anything.
Post tonight guys! Posting tonight, or may I be smite!... Smited... Smote! I think smote's right.

Son_of_Shadows
24th December 2012, 8:56 PM
Merry Christmas everybody! Here's hoping we're all still together next year.

InnerFlame
24th December 2012, 9:27 PM
My Christmas project is halfway done... I might have it done by the time it's Christmas where I am. If not I guess I can show off part of it. Well Merry Christmas Eve all! I'll write a post for the RPG soon. Most likely tomorrow, so ciao for now.

Zincspider
25th December 2012, 6:16 AM
Merry Christmas! If you don't celebrate it, know that I don't care and wish you cheer none the less.

Alright, so it wasn't plot related.
Sue me.
But I'm back in the groove and will have another one up tomorrow. There's a lot of stuff I want to cover, and I've already wasted enough time. We've already passed up the RP by more than a year. I don't want to make that 2 years.

niedude
25th December 2012, 12:57 PM
I kinda want to make a post with:

"And at that moment, JP broke through the nearest wall, raising his hand and fistbumping Randy with such awesomeness the bro-fist of success shook the entire house. Overcome by the awesome, Ned and Phil manned the drums and bass and rocked out the second best rock song ever. Then, Tenacious D crashed through the ceiling and joined them all in creating the best damn rock song ever written in the history of everything ever:

"I just had sex: The Crimson D Edition"

Zincspider
25th December 2012, 7:31 PM
JP:
Omnipotent enough to know where there's a condom, but not omnipotent enough to know when one was actually used or not.

I know why 'Trojans' are 'Trojans'. Because of their unbreakable wall, but I decided a fake brand in the Persona universe would be something like this. I even thought of a slogan.
"Spartan: We Hold the Line, so You Don't Have to Worry." Or something like that.

By the way, this is the first and last condom based post I'll have. Forever. Of all time.

MERRY CHRISTMAS!

Ysavvryl
25th December 2012, 8:20 PM
Merry Christmas! *laughs* Well, I think the band's scene is good to end there. Of course, that leaves me figuring out what to post about next. Maybe coming back to the dorm and considering Ciara's notice. I would have Snow join the manly tea party, but it seems to be happening concurrently with band practice.

Oh, and I have Persona 4 now! My sister dislikes games where you kill things (in her words; she won't even play Mario), but she tracked down a copy for me and even checked my games to make sure it was the right one. But I probably won't play it right away, since I got FFIII too.

Zincspider
25th December 2012, 11:16 PM
Well, the power went out, and with nothing to reference for my next post, I instead wrote what I imagine the Mad Bull song sounding like.
At least the lyrics. I can sing it to the rhythm I wrote it to, but I'm not sure about everyone else. Still, enjoy this silly little snip-it.

My heart is a pumpin', like a train on the tracks/
Smackin' on my ribs wit a rat a tat tat
Down on the dance floor, Imma losin' my mind/
Tryin to keep myself from crossin' the line
Cause it's one for the money. Two for the show/
Three, my eyes are getting heavy, and I'm ready to go

It's like a mad bull charging, through my veins/
Just about enough to drive a man fully insane
See all the little ladies wanna play with me/
Don't know nothin' bout my addictive disease
Cause it's four for the honeys. Five for the rock/
Six, I'm startin' feelin' down, better take another shot!

My hands are gettin' shaky, I feel it in my skin/
I don't know what I did, to get like this again
But my knees are a knockin', like never before/
Why won't someone just go and answer the door?
Cause it Seven for my buddies. Eight for the bash/
Nine, this stuff stopped workin', I think I'm gonna crash!

InnerFlame
26th December 2012, 10:09 PM
This took so much work... so here's a late Merry Christmas and a link to my extra special Christmas gift:Surprise here! (http://flamingstars.deviantart.com/art/Persona-RPG-Meme-344933428?ga_submit=10%3A1356559429&ga_type=edit&ga_recent=1) Enjoy, the other half is under construction still but maybe I'll get it done for New Years. Maybe after I figure out how to fix this one... This is my first doing this.

Edit: Yay, I fix it the problem that was bothering me.

Vivian_Bloom
27th December 2012, 3:09 AM
Nice! I really liked that, IF. You proved to me that a Persona manga adaptation is indeed possible. Hope it was fun for you.

Happy Christmas to all those who may or may not celebrate it, and Merry -(Insert Holiday Here)-

I had a pretty good laugh reading Izzy's post with the guys. Thanks for that Zinc. I always thought those were called 'TROJAN MAN' because, well, I imagined a line of Spartans with their shields up, but that sucks. What are they getting ready to fight that's worth laying down their lives? How big are there numbers? If nothing gets in, the host doesn't win.

Enjoy yourselves!

Son_of_Shadows
27th December 2012, 11:33 AM
That picture of Liza threatening Joshua made me smile so much.

niedude
27th December 2012, 3:30 PM
"JP jumps you in an alley"

:)

InnerFlame
27th December 2012, 4:55 PM
I'm glad you guys like it. It was complete chance on who was in the Meme and their number. I used a random number picker to decide who would be in this meme. I did it by Arcana; and surprisingly I got most of the girls in this meme (There's only like five of them now). I got Empress like three times but I decided against using Theresa. I was smiling when too when I saw that JP jumped me in a dark alley.

The half of the group will be coming in the next one whenever I finish it. Two will be repeated as there's only eight other characters who personality I kind of know well enough to use.

Zincspider
27th December 2012, 5:02 PM
It was really fun to read, and cute, IF. Thanks a bunch for doing that for us!

"There's only like five of them now"

That's because girls are smelly. It's true.

Vivian_Bloom
31st December 2012, 7:49 AM
"Only?" Geez, are you gonna cull us down more? That hospital's way under-staffed. Gotta be by now.

Zincspider
31st December 2012, 8:30 AM
I call that hospital 'The Salad Bar'.
You know. Cause of all the veggies.

niedude
31st December 2012, 2:38 PM
I call that hospital 'The Salad Bar'.
You know. Cause of all the veggies.

BAD Zinc! BAD!
And BAD Nie for laughing way harder than he should have!

Blivsey
1st January 2013, 1:03 AM
...gorramn it.

Really, though, the hospital's only got two veggies who have been directly mentioned: Theresa and Clarise. Everyone else either just stopped coming to the court or died. Has anybody else noticed that out of those who fell in the courts, the boys have died and the girls have been put into comas? Not a good sign for most of us.

Also also, since Sigmund slightly dodged this question, I'll answer it thoroughly here in case anybody *really* cares:

Out of the original group, Sofiya locked herself into a good, solid "friend" position, unlikely to change.
He thinks Miyuki's cute, but she gravitated toward Izzy before he got much of a shot.
Liza's in a similar position - not bad at all, but she's pretty much coupled with Randy.
Getting newer, Ciara's personality would clash too strongly with Sigmund's for anything to happen there.
Lace is a more complex issue - he saved her in the Shadow Izzy incident, so he feels that gives her some sort of claim, but at the same time her childishness makes it feel more to him like he needs to look out for her rather than her being a romantic interest, though that could change. This one's not out of the question.
And he's basically only met Amissa once, so unless she's already attached to Shinai, that could go in any direction, since he sees no problem with her so far. The eyepatch is even kinda interesting.

Zincspider
1st January 2013, 1:13 AM
Well, those are our only veggies. People are coming down with Apathy Syndrome all the time.
Plenty to go round. Definitely enough for your daily servings.

EDIT: HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE!

Wordy
4th January 2013, 12:54 AM
brb, totally adding AmissaXSigmund to my ships.

Happy New Year, you guys! (Four days late for me, but you know, it's the thought that counts and not the timing)
Here's to another year of... us? I guess. Love you all. Especially those of you who love me back. <3

Sorry, the Sims thing sort of fell by the wayside. First the computer I was playing it on crashed (which is exactly why I didn't play it on my laptop- the Sims and me have had a rather turbulent relationship in the past) and then there was some real life drama that kind of made it hard to get back to it. I still have some pics banked, so maybe I'll see if there's anything at alllll.

Oh my god, that thing is the best thing EVER. Too funny. These are the moments when I wish I could draw, lol. But still, the RNG seemed to work out freakishly well with allocations here.
Hey, Liza and Miyuki, just like my fanfic last year. No, well, two years ago. Sorta. More than a year, at any rate. Woo.
Because I'm totally egotistical, I'm glad you thought Ciara had a chance in hell. Kitsune looks fierceeee. (insert oblig Tyra Banks 'Fierce' gif here)

Guys, let's never let the good times end. You know, unless it's like the actual ending. I hope there is an ending. Eventually. Otherwise our characters will all be dead, or psychotic nervous wrecks. Or be salad. But practically dead, because salad=dead. But not literally. (Greek salad is the bestttt)
But I don't have anything to add to the main thread right now, so...
*stares*

Zincspider
4th January 2013, 1:10 AM
Yeah, guys, she has nothing to post!
Get to work, Zinc!
*STARES*

... Wait. I'm Zinc.
FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF-

Wordy
4th January 2013, 10:48 PM
OK, so everyone remembers the topic of Evolved Personas, right? Some people already came up with some ideas, if I can just find the list...

The Evolved Persona List:
Miyuki- Throne
Snow- Calliope
Sigmund- Zhuque
Joshua- Ardha
Lace- Helel
Ciara- Inari
Sofiya- Horus EX

I was just thinking, would it rejuvenate things if we got a bit of a power upgrade? I mean, this whole team meeting thing could cause some revolutionary... resolution to end the Court or go forward together as a team or w/e.

Maybe it could give us a burst of freshness? Short of creating an entire new thread and sign-ups and all the rest of it to completely refresh things. Unless that's what it would take, I guess.

If it's too soon for you Zinc, we could always do what they did in P4G and evolve now but also add a third stage to the Personas later on (like, at the very end if you would like), but that could add difficulties :lol

Do you guys have any preference?

Edit: Actually, looking back now, we've covered more real-time but less in-game time here than in the other two:
UtGoG- June 2011-September 2011, two Courts covered (day-Court-day-Court)
OP- October 2011-March 2012, two Courts covered (day-Court-day-Court)
BOSS- March 2012 ongoing, currently one Court (day-Court-day...)

niedude
4th January 2013, 11:30 PM
Did we honestly cover so few Courts each time?

Makes you think.

Also, I need to spoil myself of P4's plot. I had no idea its plot would be canon.

Zincspider
5th January 2013, 12:22 AM
Dammit! Lace was going to go Helel?
I was going to have a Norse theme for the GMPCs!
Tyr for Wulfgard, Odin for Jones, Thor for Izzy, and Hel for Liza. It all fit so well!
FFFFFFFFF-

Well, I can do the third level thing if you guys want, but understand that severely limits how long you will have to use your current Personas.

Blivsey
5th January 2013, 12:58 AM
I think that the third stage thing is pretty unnecessary. It was only a two-stage thing in the other Persona games (and even then, not always), adding a third stage doesn't look like it'd serve any purpose in the RP itself. Just the second stages should be plenty - maybe we should stagger the awakenings throughout the next iteration of the game? Perhaps end this one with the first of the Persona evolutions? Either way, I think that the current plan is where it should be at.

Aww... that makes me a bit sad, seeing as I happen to love Norse mythology. I'm sure that you could come up with sort of Asynjur or Valkyrie for Liza.

Regarding a new iteration, the main problem with jumping ahead at this point is that people have already set up activities for tomorrow, in particular Ciara and Sigmund/Lace. We'd either have to miss out on all that or start a new iteration without any sort of time skip, either one of which seems like wasted opportunity. I don't know what else to suggest for activity, though - most of the group just hasn't been able to post consistently. Do we keep waiting for the players who aren't around much and let this thing stall, or move ahead and let them jump in when they can be active?

Basically, the same as always, it's a matter of waiting for enough other people to post that you have something to add. At the very least, I feel like we've given everybody enough time that we can safely wrap up and start on the Court for the evening.

Zincspider
6th January 2013, 6:30 PM
Well, that's a good point, and very similar to what I was thinking. But Zinc isn't always right (shocker there, eh?), so imput from you guys is very nice to see how you feel about it.

Yeah, I was thinking Bryhildr until iIemembered Helel, but it doesn't fit so well.

I have nothing to do (finally), so I'm going to buck up and write down a post. I WILL!
I was smote a while back, you know. Like, with lightning and everything. Hurt like a muthafugga. And I don't want that to happen again.

niedude
6th January 2013, 6:48 PM
I volunteer to make JP one of the last of all awakenings. I rather like his current persona.

I was smote a while back, you know. Like, with lightning and everything. Hurt like a muthafugga. And I don't want that to happen again.

Well, I guess all those jokes on comatose'd young girls caught up with you.

Zincspider
6th January 2013, 7:24 PM
I volunteer Ciara as well. Kitsune's already high up there on the scale.

Hey, it wasn't just girls. The Salad Bar had men and women of all ages.

Vivian_Bloom
6th January 2013, 8:04 PM
What do you think it would take for someone's Persona to evolve? In the games it always came after the character gained a new understanding of who they are. Ciara looked to be the closest after waking up that night.

I nominate Ciara. I believe that she'd be the most effective leader for the girl's side. Delegations over Chinese food?

A new iteration? Well, nothing's really happened in this one yet besides the Magic Mirror Maze. So come on guys, we don't have to rush this, but something has to change.

Wordy
6th January 2013, 8:05 PM
Silly Zinc, Hel=/=Helel. Do the wider reading, you silly-billy. But they do sound very similar.

Ah well, they were just ideas.

Sis, you cannot just volunteer for me like I am some sort of second-class heaux with no vote. However, if being 'high up there on the scale' is some sort of veiled compliment then sure, I happily accept your speaking for me. Personally, I don't feel she's quite there yet for... well, anything. She's on the road, but it's still full of pitfalls. Especially if Shoshua comes along and reveals to her that Joshua now actually is the one who doesn't feel comfortable with her and then she'll be all 'what's still wrong with me' and have a massive freakout.

I don't mind the staggering of Persona evolution starting from here, either. I just wondered if people would see it as a bit unfair, but if there's some sort of agreement then it's fine.
I wonder, should we set up a list or ordering, or should we just... wait and see until someone feels the moment's right? It's difficult to tell right now when and where a good place would be if we have no idea where the plot's going, lol.
Maybe Zinc's next post'll make it clearer what the next objective is.

Zincspider
6th January 2013, 9:12 PM
My vote was that you evolve, like, last, Wordy. So we're on the same page.
As for the Hel/Helel thing... YES! MY STUPIDITY HAS PAID OFF!

I'll get moving VB, I'm a lazy bastard, and when I don't have school work, I tend to write less than usual for some reason. That'll be fixed next week.

An ultimate Persona should occur after a person has found who they truly are and accepted it. It's no longer a mask to face the world, it is you who is facing the world.
DON'T FIGHT WITH YOUR PERSONA WHO PROTECTS YOU! FIGHT WITH THE YOU WHO PROTECTS YOURSELF!...
Or some stupid shiznit like that.
If you get my drift. Most people would have to face their Shadow first. So that already limits how can evolve.
I may have to start making some of your shadows lesser enemies. Have them come in a group. If that's alright with any of you. If not, then I can ride this out some how.

Blivsey
6th January 2013, 10:10 PM
Well, you could start pairing them up a la the twelve boss shadows from P3. The only pairs that I could think of to make sense as dual bosses have one shadow already fought or one member already incapacitated. Maybe have Lace and Sofiya's shadows try to out-crazy one another?

I don't particularly mind when Hua Po evolves - stick her at the back of the queue if ya like, otherwise I could have Sigmund stake his resolution as early as tomorrow's visit to the Salad Bar if nobody wants the early slots.

Zincspider
6th January 2013, 11:05 PM
Another idea I had is that if you think your character has developed enough to actually change Arcana when finding their true self and getting their ultimate Persona, let me know, and I'll think about it. We're talking like, at least, a 90 degree turn here. 180 preferable.

As for tonight, I have a way to knock out a couple of shadows, but I'll take that into account... even though GH is pretty sure what he wants Shadow Sofiya to be.

Wordy
6th January 2013, 11:45 PM
To clarify, could this change be to just the Arcana we still have left over or any Arcana?
(I don't think I would want to change ~maybe, but I suppose I'll wait and see until it's closer to the time.)

niedude
6th January 2013, 11:49 PM
Even if JP HAD to change Arcana I wouldn't be sure where exactly to put him. Maybe Emperor.

Nah, I like both his current persona and current Arcana.

Zincspider
7th January 2013, 12:01 AM
You could go to any Arcana, but I'm not having, like, 3 Deaths running around. Hell, Death is a rare enough one for me to not want 2 running around.
Depending on what you want to change it to depends on how avaliable I want to make it. Changing to Chariot at the moment would be pretty simple, but justifying one that's already in use would be a harder thing to do...
in other words, it all depends.

Change isn't for everyone, and I doubt many would change Arcana later, if any. This isn't a requirement, nor is it smiled upon. It just is a possibility.

Zincspider
9th January 2013, 7:04 AM
First post of the new year.
Everyone can start arriving at the stadium now.
Assume you arrive around the same time, or at least everyone's there before the end of your post so you can tell Jones how you prefer to fight.
After I get everyone (or everyone who's active, GH, Niihyl, TSR, I'm looking at you), I'll further the training session... and by training session, I mean pairing you with someone you don't speak with often in an attempt to get some interaction between characters that's fresh.
That'll be a one or two post thing and I'll move on to the Court. This one won't have a maze, so it should be more fun.
Also no unkillable shadows, or bears.
And probably no Shadow Ciara.
Or bombs.
Hopefully.

Kiruria
9th January 2013, 9:44 AM
No bears? Drat, I completely missed out on fighting those bears too. Maybe we'll get lions and tigers instead. Oh my! But speaking of those bears, true, we only had one Court so far compared to the last two RPG's two each, but you also have to factor in that this RPG's single court had three shadow selves in it rather than just one per court like the previous ones had. Thus it was technically three Courts jammed into one.

I LOVE how the Late-Night Show with Lace and InnerFlame's Persona Memes turned out! I can't wait for the second half of it, though I hope and pray to whatever god is available at the time that the wedding is not between Mana and Sofiya. Or... pretty much anyone and Sofiya for that matter. And I wonder if Testa and Garret will be in this one... I don't know if they were even included.

And I agree with SoS on having more conflict between Joshua and Halberd. I have been hoping for more interactions between them, especially after Joshua showed up in the fencing club, but for some reason the opportunity just never arose. Not to mention Ciara was usually in the way--I didn't want Halberd trying to talk to Joshua while she was around.

And... oh wow, Joshua and JP planning to gang up on Halberd? Well, since Halberd is a big guy who usually carries a sword around, it would definitely have to involve a trap of some sort in order to work.

Well drat. I had just posted another bit after the tea party, and got ninja'd by Zinc's post about the training tonight. I guess I'll just wait for someone else to post and then do like an evening post or something.

EDIT: Oh, I forgot to comment on the Evolving Personae! Overall I like the idea, especially since many of us have stuck with the same Persona for three RPG's in a row. However, I do not want Halberd's Persona to evolve at all. I really like Scathach, and I see her as a very fitting Persona for Halberd given she's also Scottish and is all about the morals of being a warrior and whatnot. Not to mention I just love tacking feminine things onto Halberd, and what better way than a female Persona? Maybe she could gain a more powerful weapon to use or gain another offensive magic ability or something instead.

Vivian_Bloom
10th January 2013, 10:43 PM
Well, I don't see Lace evolving into Helel for a while. That's a serious revelation she'd need, so it's not even on my mind right now. Probably near the end-game of the RP. I'm fine with the Star arcana, so no switchin'. Until then, with Saturnus, I'm gonna stop her magic development for a bit (Ragnarok is FAR away) and start working more on developing her speed and agility.

Training session against a random teammate? Bosses that don't have 'Null Everything'? I like that! After this tea-party with Sigmund and the guys I'll move on to Wulfgard at the field.

Zincspider
14th January 2013, 8:29 PM
Well, Bliv, it seems everyone's waiting on you to finish up the tea party. Seems Sigmund is the King of the Kettle here.
So... about that...
Can ya do it? Kay? Thanks, you're a pal, talk to you later, chow!

niedude
14th January 2013, 8:33 PM
But JPxManaxSofiya shenanigans never went anywhere ;_;

I'll just make JP appear at the stadium traumatized and unwilling to speak about what happened, mkay?

Zincspider
14th January 2013, 8:36 PM
Yeah, Niihyl and GH seem to be missing. We need to put out a search for them.
I suggest spamming their VM boxes. Anyone up for it?

Blivsey
15th January 2013, 1:44 AM
Absolutely. Was halfway through making a post when all of a sudden it was 2AM. It's not 2AM anymore (except in central Europe), so now you can haz shenanigans. All of the rice, laying down the plan of attack and telling Jones what's what. Word.

Kinda reminds me, though: we haven't had a solid plan for what the common area layout is. VB mentioned a door between the kitchen and living room where I assumed a more open plan. I've always been imagining it looking like the bottom floor of the dorms from P3 - actually, that's what I've been imagining that whole building to look like, plus a dozen rooms per floor. Should that be about right?

Given GH and Nii's most recent posts, I feel like prodding them with VMs won't do much - they haven't posted anywhere since late November. Do we know what they're up to?

EDIT: Also also an arcana change is right out for Sigmund. If anything, he'd be changing *from* Magician to Temperance, and that's a stretch.

Vivian_Bloom
15th January 2013, 7:01 PM
I always thought this was based off of the Iwatodai Dorm in P3 too. When you first come in the common area is a couple steps up, and if you walk into the middle of the room and turn left you'll see the kitchen counter. Well, GH is always busy, and I don't know about Nii, (I like that nickname!) but I know they'll be back.

EDIT: Shakespeare? I remember you sayin' something about being an actor. Nice! I've never read any of his plays except 'West Side Story', and I know he didn't actually write that, but I think that one takes alot from Romeo and Juliet. Well, I got H.P Lovecraft. Cthulu n' the boyz. I need to get Mountains of Madness out the way.

Son_of_Shadows
16th January 2013, 10:06 PM
So here's something fun. I came across a site that allowed me to analyse my writing style to see which famous author I am most like. I plugged in my most recent post, and came out with William Goddamn Shakespeare.

Link for those similarly inclined. (http://iwl.me/)

niedude
17th January 2013, 12:19 AM
I'm pretty sure that test is random.
I got Stephen King.

I've never even read a Stephen King novel.
TBH I used my most recent post too, which is actually of a different quality than most of my posts (and I like the work I did on it better than my common posts)

Zincspider
17th January 2013, 3:25 AM
I tend to write different based on the character I'm using...
Almost all of my Shinai sections came up with the same author:
H.P. Lovecraft.
Fitting

The others were pretty strongly Leo Tolstoy.

niedude
17th January 2013, 3:30 AM
Shinai got you H.P. Lovecraft?
Oh sweet lord.

I want one of us to be Edgar Allan Poe. I really do.

Zincspider
17th January 2013, 3:44 AM
Back in P:OP
I took the post with the first appearance of the Jester:
Stephenie Meyer.
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
Along with Leo Tolstoy, I'm getting Raymond Chandler and Stephen King a lot as well. That's quite a few different, but at least there's only, like, 4 I'm stuck between.
Stephenie hasn't come up again.

EDIT: The Shadow Miyuki fight posts are pulling up J.K. Rowling.

niedude
17th January 2013, 3:49 AM
Stephenie Meyer? As Jester's first appearence?

Well, we did - for some reason - all fall in love with a character that wanted nothing more than to make us crazy, possibly kill us, and spent quite a few days inside a boy's head trying to screw us. Wasn't Edward a vampire that could get inside peoples heads and was generally loved despite being a stalker and frequently vocalizing his lust for a teenage girl's blood?

I can see a very faint parallel here, I won't lie

Zincspider
17th January 2013, 3:56 AM
EDIT: I put in all my posts from P:OP, and I did get four authors pretty consistently. About 80% of the time, it was Raymond Chandler though. Followed by Leo Tolstoy, Stephen King, and H.P. Lovecraft in that order.
I can live with that.

niedude
17th January 2013, 4:22 AM
Oh I knew that. I was just trying to make a bit of silly comedy. It's 4 am and I'm trying to study (pft, "trying") so I apologize if that wasn't made exactly clear (totally doesn't speak of my skill as a teenage amateur writer that I can't express something as simple as that. Yet I was still compared to Stephen King. The joy)

Zincspider
17th January 2013, 4:37 AM
Nah, I'm tired too. First day of semester. I realized that it was in humor a bit after and removed the explanation. It wasn't rude or anything, to the people who didn't see it, I just didn't think it was needed any more.
I got compared to Raymond Chandler, he's not as well know, but a very important novelist and screenplay writer, or at least a very important inspiration and pioneer of the craft. It's much more of an honor than I would have expected.

Man, I went and read my last post in P:OP, as well as a couple before that. That last one was effin' gold. I don't like to seriously toot my own horn, but I really liked that post. I think the end of P:OP was really our heyday.
I'd like to get back to that.
I'm writing a post right now. I want to get back in practice.

niedude
17th January 2013, 4:39 AM
Seriously now, I was joking about how to transition JP from just being "threatened" by Sofiya and her attempt at genital mutilation to the stadium, but I think that is really my best course of action (ie: make JP appear comically traumatized and unwilling to talk about what happened that afternoon and just leave it to each of our own fetid little imaginations xP)

Any better ideas? :S

Zincspider
17th January 2013, 4:43 AM
I like it.
Cover up his actual unease on being questioned about Terri with a comedic front and get out.
Wait... did they ask about Terri? I'm all messed up right now.
Still, a comedic front works fine.

niedude
17th January 2013, 5:16 AM
I... Don't even remember anymore. It's been months since I read what my last post replied to... and I wrote that without looking up the said posts as well, so I may have missed an important thing or two.

So I don't have to go back and actually fix anything, I'll do that.
Comedy solves all!

Blivsey
17th January 2013, 6:33 AM
I'm consistently pulling up Vladimir Nabokov with both Sigmund's posts and Louise's (from P:FP). Even the hilariously old early posts in UtGoG. Not sure how to feel about that.

I feel like JP coming in and being incredibly apprehensive toward Mana/Sofiya or playing himself into the scene with an anti-heroic entry would be the two most obvious ways to handle it - one for comedy, one for getting dangerous. Or perhaps he can try for the second and get interrupted by the first. Or something else entirely - he's your character, I'm sure you can find something appropriately JP-like for him to do.
EDIT: Ah. In that context, you would probably be safe just skipping ahead entirely and referring to the encounter only in non-specifics.

niedude
17th January 2013, 6:57 AM
It's not on my end that I have a few worries, I just didn't want to step on GH's or Nyhiil's toes by cutting a scene short or implying stuff they wouldn't be happy with. Or something. I was being cautious, I guess.

Though I'm probably gonna go with JP acting all badass but inwardly shitting his pants over what apparently happened that afternoon

Wordy
18th January 2013, 6:32 PM
I got Kurt Vonnegut on the whole. Never heard of him. Who is he? Clearly a complete genius if I can be comparable. But for individual posts I'm getting something different every time... maybe my unique style defies the algorithm? I like this line of thinking, it makes me feel special.

Je crois que quatre personnes ont répondu, oui? I think we still have IF, VB, nie and Kirby left to get us all up to the same point and then we can move on.

I'm kinda interested to see who Ciara is paired up with. People she hasn't interacted with much... I'm thinking maybe Snow or Sigmund?

niedude
18th January 2013, 6:45 PM
Nie hasn't interacted much with:

Any of the newer cast, bar the early on feud where he kinda went full ******* on Russel, Snow, Randy... Umm...
Lace...
I can't think of any others on the spot

Zincspider
18th January 2013, 8:54 PM
JP, you mean?
JP is going to have to go play with himself in a corner. No one wants to train with him anymore.
Cause he's a loser. Who's also a butt-face.

But we can't get to the JP hate without some posting, people!

InnerFlame
18th January 2013, 9:13 PM
I'm working on it, I promise. I should have one done today. Maybe (but not likely) before 5pm or after 8pm (eastern time).

niedude
18th January 2013, 11:28 PM
Did I seriously post "Nie" and not JP?
The hell? I really need some sleep.

And meh, JP's used to playing with himself.
*Ba dum Tsh*

Kiruria
19th January 2013, 3:04 AM
Whoa, has it really been nine days since I posted? Hmm, I guess I better get posting too... though it realistically won't happen until tomorrow.

TheSequelReturns
19th January 2013, 6:35 PM
Gah!

This is why I hate school. And the Philippines. And the other various requirements of real life.

... I mean... hey, I'm not dead.

I don't know how much time I'll have, since school is running me ragged and other personal matters are eating up the remainder of my week, but darn it I miss you guys too much. :( So I'm gonna do what I can to log on at least once a week, if nothing else. I also can't promise anything.

Its not much, but its a start.

Have a bit of free time this weekend for once, so I'm gonna try to use it to catch up. Hopefully I can manage to stick around this time.

... Zinc hasn't killed Miyuki yet has he?

Zincspider
19th January 2013, 7:21 PM
Who is this person?... TSR? Non-Treacherous Adviser? HUZZAH!

As for Miyuki, I've turned her face into a soup tureen. It works quite nicely.
Or, at least I will. Soon.

TheSequelReturns
20th January 2013, 12:02 AM
Yes, yes, Huzzah! and all that.

Nooooo... don't steal Miyuki's face. She needs that be cute and stuff. And to laugh at Izzy's failures.

So... I guess I've got a lot of catching up to do. What did I miss? *Runs off to the RP Thread*

UPDATE: Looks like I only missed a page and a half. Things must have slowed down over winter. So on that note... Zinc, is it okay for me to play off Miyuki's absence as a cold of some sort. A few sick days. :P

Update #2: Took that author thing and got Douglas Adams. I am completely content with this.

Zincspider
20th January 2013, 4:54 PM
Ha, I really like how you guys think 'Amiss' is a key part of Amissa's name. It's a real name with a meaning. Go look it up.
Anyway, it's great that TSR's back. Now we just need Nii and GH.

Zincspider
22nd January 2013, 10:26 PM
Kirby, IF, and VB... we miss you. Please post so we can move on.

Kiruria
24th January 2013, 1:08 AM
Haha, I really like how our fighting style descriptions really reflect our characters' personalities. I literally chucked when I read JP's. I was like, "Yeah, that's typical JP all over again, as if he never knew about his Shadow Self." Same for Joshua's too. Well anyway, I have posted, so now it's all Niihyl and Inner Flame. I'm personally betting on Inner Flame posting first.

Vivian_Bloom
24th January 2013, 8:27 PM
I want to let InnerFlame post what she wants to say first 'fore I go in. We're all supposed to go to the stadium and meet with Wulfgard and the others, right? Ok. If there isn't an update from Russell by Saturday then I'll write around him.

I chuckled a bit at Sigmund's description. He hits things. Hard. Heh, it's to the point.

Zincspider
24th January 2013, 8:39 PM
Honestly, don't worry about it at this point. I don't think you need to wait for IF. By Saturday, I'll have moved on on my own. I just told Wordy that I'd leave you two behind tonight if I had to. Grump grump grumpgrumpgrump.
Just go ahead.

Vivian_Bloom
25th January 2013, 2:53 AM
I'm on it!

Hold on, are you grumbling? Come 'er and lemme see you grit those teeth!

InnerFlame
25th January 2013, 3:35 AM
I'm working on it really, I just start typing and get stuck DX

Zincspider
31st January 2013, 7:39 AM
Well, I moved on anyway.
Three weeks is my limit.
Time to get into groups! I tried matching with GMPCs so I can keep the RP going... I know I can rely on myself for this kind of thing. I didn't want to get stuck with two people being inactive for a long time, and entering that black hole.

InnerFlame
1st February 2013, 3:50 AM
I did it, I finally did it. I got my post done. Hallelujah! Writer's Blocks are a pain; and it shouldn't even have been that difficult of a post... I guess I'll wait for Golden to stop being so busy and post.

Zincspider
2nd February 2013, 5:07 AM
... Guys.
Were are you? If you have any concerns, tell me, and I'll see what I can do.

Son_of_Shadows
2nd February 2013, 11:29 AM
I'm waiting for nie to have JP do whatever it is with Testa first. I assume I should anyway.

Niihyl
5th February 2013, 6:26 AM
So, um... this is awkward...

Hey all. Sorry about the unexplained three month leave of absence. I just sorta... ran out of motivation to do things. Writing, gaming, schoolwork, music, all of it just felt like work. When I did get my mojo back, I avoided serebii because I'm irrational and felt bad for being gone so long... which sort of made me end up being gone longer and... ****.

Then I joined a musical and goddamn I get home at 8:30PM every day.

So uh, hi. I don't know if you've expunged me already or what, but I just wanted to let you guys know I've decided to try to stop being a little ***** and get back into things, probably for real this time.

Zincspider
5th February 2013, 11:55 AM
I haven't kicked you out Niihyl, you're still in this.
We've been waiting,though.
It's good to have you back.

niedude
5th February 2013, 12:49 PM
So now we WON'T kill Mana?

D'aww, I wanted Mana and Alice's ghost to haunt the Court :(

GoldenHouou
5th February 2013, 1:33 PM
No killing off Sofiya's slaves Privates, man!

Yo, I know I've missed a hell of a lot and won't be able to post in a while still, but uh. Just wanted to let everyone know I'm here too.

Zincspider
5th February 2013, 1:46 PM
I can't kill Mana. I've planned too much on his Shadow to just throw it out.
After I get to that point though, he can die. Not that I want that... *cough*
So how about them Jets at the Superbowl? You should have seen their outfielder get a hole in one.