PDA

View Full Version : Persona- BOSS

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7]

InnerFlame
28th September 2013, 4:30 PM
I'm so far behind I'm like two pages behind >_>; curse my procrastination..... and other things I need to do... I'll read up today (or quickly skim for important information) and try again to get a post in by... I guess I'll shoot for this Sunday...

Meanwhile how's everyone else doing?

I'll also be posting soon... sometime this week I hope, when I'm not busy with school stuff.

EDIT: And a week later I post, and nobody else adds anything to the Discussion Thread. Initially I was going to have Halberd talk to Wulfgard-sensei and try attacking his Shadow self as well, but I figured that'd be too much, especially since Halberd is not the sort of person to deal the first blow in a fight. And I want to give Inner Flame the chance to reply before the plan is finalized. Then again, Russell's just a little shrimp, he can't do much in this battle anyway. Not even axe the pipes, I bet. But I do have Halberd does have a backup plan in case Russell somehow doubts he can hold up his end of the plan.

I apologise in advance for insulting Inner Flame. I understand only the creators are allowed to make fun of their characters. Or maybe it's just that the creators are encouraged to make fun of their characters more. Whichever.

I also just realized that most of my recent posts were ones I typed while listening to Celtic music. I think it might be helping me get into character. I wonder why. Power metal seems to have almost the same effect, for even more unknown reasons.

And reading over the footnotes of my post (that's right, I'm copying Blivsey) made me realise that Team Levin Rescue can also function as a Five Man Band, with Sigmund as the Leader, Snow as the Lancer, Halberd as the Big Guy/Smart Guy, Russell as the Chick, Wulfgard-sensei as the Mentor, and Testa as the Sixth Ranger.

Oh don't worry about it, I don't mind you picking on little Russell, he kind of is still a hopeless small kid. He feel like that about himself which is why he attempts to get stronger. But he'll still give it his best. Hmm... I don't think Russell is much of peacemaker of the group, he'll probably end up making it worst? Maybe Snow and Russell should switch places XD

Edit: Super skim! I'm all caught up I might get a post in today XD and I guess in this situation, Russell is the group's chick.

niedude
29th September 2013, 3:16 AM
I wanted to get a post up in tiem for everyone else's replies, but, if I haven't, here's what Lace, Nyhiil and the gang can expect JP to do:

-Be surprised when Lace accuses him of being a Shadow Self when he thought SHE was one
-Be completely flabbergasted by Lace's logic.JP already defeated his Shadow (lets. not. debate this.) and supposedly, as far as they know, Shadows don't come back.
-JP desperately needs a smoke so he can forget the sudden urge to stab Lace.
-JP realizes he left his jacket AND HIS SMOKES behind.
-JP sees a cafe nearby. Pedro literally "breaks" in. JP destroys the cigarette machine and picks himself a pack and a lighter.
-JP notices Mana and Shinai on the opposite side of the street.
-****ING HELL HIM AGAIN shenanigans.

Zincspider
29th September 2013, 9:12 PM
Sorry Kirby, I didn't mean to ignore you.
I think there's a glitch with your name honestly, because each time you post in the thread, the Celebii stays pink and the name stays unbolded. I didn't realize you had posted until someone else did.
As for inspiration when working, I tend to have to turn everything off.
If I put on any kind of music I enjoy, I waste time sitting back and listening instead of working.
I've been listening to a lot of music lately.

InnerFlame
30th September 2013, 1:22 AM
Yayz~ I posted when I said I would, I'm going to give myself a cookie for being so good! .....Because I really super-duperly fast scanned through it please point any mistake I have made(not grammar related... there will always be some of those).

Ysavvryl
30th September 2013, 1:51 AM
Yay! Well one party is off to a good start. Actually, the reason Snow didn't mention Russell was because I forgot he was in the group (it has been a while since it was discussed), and I currently can't edit posts.

I can send ya a chocolate waffle cookie, InnerFlame!

InnerFlame
30th September 2013, 3:16 AM
Oh I figure it was probably something like that, since I haven't posted in awhile and I didn't even know what was going on until I read up. But I still decided to reply to that. If you like I could pretend that he mention Russell and change my post.

Hurray! Cookie! That sounds good.

Ysavvryl
30th September 2013, 11:06 PM
I kinda like how Russell briefly angsts there, but then decides to focus on the task rather than dwell on it. It can come up later. Or Russel could end up doing something awesome to make the others really respect him. That'd be cool.

Son_of_Shadows
1st October 2013, 12:23 AM
I can totally see Russell being all "Hey, can I AXE you a question?" and going to town on Shadow Wulfgard.

Meanwhile, I kind of want to post again to bring myself up with Sequel and Wordy again, but I'm super busy this week. Blood Brothers opening and helping my girlfriend move in to her new place and whatnot. So if I post, it'll be a) this weekend, b) short, and c) possibly unnecessary depending on what Zinc has planned, so yeah, lemme know kthx.

Zincspider
1st October 2013, 12:48 AM
Well, there's the post update for the mall. I'd love to go into detail about what all this means for you guys, but that'll have to wait until after my Spanish class (about an hour or so, feel free to ask anything before I get back though).

EDIT: Also, these are not Shadows Selves (though, technically shadows) that have appeared. They are simply extensions of Shadow Wulfgard created to demoralize and punish Wulfgard and destroy those he holds dear. Basically, they have to be killed for Shadow Wulfgard to be destroyed. That's your job, guys. By the by, if you try to cut the cable, it seems to phase through you and your weapons. It only seems to affect the ghosts and Shadow Wulfgard. Not that they'll trip on it. It's mostly visual and symbolic.

IF- Russel is going to be confronted with Collin, who isn't a big fighter, but he does fight smart. He's got a collection of small knifes hidden, and there's not really a way for Russell to notice yet. If you can have Collin attack and Rusell dodge getting hurt (I'm not gonna stab him for no reason. Thowing is free game when you go following the cable.

Bliv, Kirby, and Ysa -
you three get to fight two on three. It won't be easy though. Red's easily the most physically powerful and Kate is super agile and sneaky. Red will fight with brute force, and use his own momentum as a weapon, while Kate will lurk around and strike when backs are turned.

I'll cover Swanson and Kenneth in my posts, but they won't stick to GMPCs forever. You'll have to pay attention to the fights to get hints.

And SoS, I'll be updating the tower scene soon.
I have to.
Wordy's holding out Wordy Time from me until I do it.
And I miss Wordy time.

InnerFlame
1st October 2013, 5:41 AM
Ysa: Hehe even without Snowy comment, he could still be antsy about Halberd's. Okay, I guess it's time for him to attempt to prove himself.

SoS: Bad puns ftw. It was nicely axe-cuted XD

Actually I saw this coming. I wasn't expecting that per say but I knew those pipes wouldn't be that easy to cut; which why Russell thought following the pipe was a bad idea. Collins out of luck, Russell has a knife sparring, training session with Sofiya; he's all ready for this XD Alright, it's time for Russell to maneuver his way out of being stabbed.

Kiruria
1st October 2013, 11:09 AM
Dammit, why do important posts always have to come when I have exams coming up? But this is an interesting development... I can just hope that those other people don't have Personae (which I highly doubt). And with Red present, looks like Halberd's no longer the Big Guy of the group. Oh well, at least Red doesn't have a sword, at least. Come to think of it, Red and Kate are sounding kind of like generalised, souped-up versions of Halberd and Scathach, respectively.

(By the way, my Plan B was to have Scathach cut the pipes... but it seems that's no longer necessary.)

And my name is a glitch? Hmm, that's weird. I always see the RPG thread at the top whenever I post... must be something funky with the server I guess. It reminds me of this one time when I got into an argument with someone on another forum because someone else made a post that was completely invisible to me.

Son_of_Shadows
2nd October 2013, 1:02 AM
I can totally see Russell being all "Hey, can I AXE you a question?" and going to town on Shadow Wulfgard.

*reads update* AWW YEAH HERE HE COMES. TAKE IM OUT RUSS.

And SoS, I'll be updating the tower scene soon.
I have to.
Wordy's holding out Wordy Time from me until I do it.
And I miss Wordy time.

So yeah, I'll sit tight then. Fabulous. Like I said, bad week for me anyway.

... I daren't ask what Wordy Time entails, I assume she would slit my throat.

Zincspider
5th October 2013, 4:08 PM
And posted on the Tower sitch.
Now, I know this doesn't help the 'Zinc wants all women in the kitchen' conspiracy, but hear me out.
Back last year when TSR was gone for a long time and Wordy was busy, I had gone to them and SoS to make a plan that would allow them to be useful in their time gone.
This is what we came up with. And while they're back by the time we got to it, we decided to stick with the idea.
Still there are some things in this tower that aren't what they seem, so don't think the whole sitch is cut and dry now, ok?

Now, SoS, when you're ready for some deets on the tower, send me a PM so you know how treacherous to make your ascension.

Wordy
5th October 2013, 8:59 PM
> two of the female characters not currently being controlled by the GM are in chains
> therefore, GM wishes to control all female characters in the game
> only men are allowed free will and the option to take action whilst women are reduced to passivity
> females are not allowed autonomy, have their lives influenced by men
> Zinc wants all women in the kitchen
> sexism

It's not a conspiracy if it's the truth now, is it?

Also, I swear you used the royal 'we' so much there, I can't remember ever discussing this in any detail. I was just like, do what you want.

Sitch is such weird slang.

Zincspider
5th October 2013, 9:03 PM
See, this is what happens when I decline posting for too long.
This
Also, someone forgot Sofiyaaaaaaaaa! And Lace, for all of my use, might as well still be VB's character.

And it was a year ago, and we've talked about a lot since. Don't be like that.

EDIT: Going back and editing your conspiracy theory is in poor taste. especially when you don't confirm Half Life 3.

Son_of_Shadows
6th October 2013, 6:09 PM
Mmm, that's some tasty ham. Wonder who Shadow Joshua's influence could POSSIBLY be...

Will work on a post this week of course.

niedude
7th October 2013, 2:48 PM
Sofiya has Horus. She can just be Hand Waved as seeing whatever has happened as she hangs on to Horus' back
(Now I'm getting this Sora hanging on Birdramon's legs image with Sonya)

GoldenHouou
7th October 2013, 3:42 PM
Sofiya can hand wave everything coming at her tbh power of Cuckoolander.

Also hey guess who.

Zincspider
7th October 2013, 5:56 PM
Who are you and what are you doing in my RP.
I will admit, you're a handsome devil, but that's no excuse for your intrusion! State your business!

GoldenHouou
7th October 2013, 6:03 PM
I come bearing news of a possible gift I might have for you for Christmas.

I come in peace and beauty.

TheSequelReturns
8th October 2013, 4:03 PM
-> Waits forever for Miyuki to be able to do something.

-> Miyuki gets chained to wall

-> Astraea pouts at her lack of screen time.

I'll think of something I'm sure.

And hey GH is back!

Zincspider
8th October 2013, 4:38 PM
That sounds awesome GH.
But you know what would make me really happy this week?
*a post from you so I won't be forced to put Sofiya in a coma or something*

You knew this was coming, TSR!
Besides, it won't be long as soon as SoS starts his ascent.

InnerFlame
9th October 2013, 12:14 AM
If Sofiya goes into a coma that will mean one thing..... It's not good to be female or The Chariot in this Persona universe.

Anyways I'll try to get a post done this week.

Zincspider
9th October 2013, 12:23 AM
Well, a female not controlled by me anyway.
Because I'm an evil sexist, yada yada.
Also, our DT is at 3 stars. How is that? Someone's a jokester and not a very funny one.
Personally, I blame Fossil Fuels.

Son_of_Shadows
9th October 2013, 1:56 AM
You knew this was coming, TSR!
Besides, it won't be long as soon as SoS starts his ascent.

I'm working on it, dagnabbit.

Niihyl
9th October 2013, 7:30 AM
GH is back! Hooray, the team is complete! On the down side, Mana is still (arguably) the sanest person on the aforementioned team. O lord.

Also, our DT is at 3 stars. How is that? Someone's a jokester and not a very funny one.

I've done my duty and given it 5 stars, cap'n!

niedude
9th October 2013, 4:51 PM
GH is back! Hooray, the team is complete! On the down side, Mana is still (arguably) the sanest person on the aforementioned team. O lord.

I've done my duty and given it 5 stars, cap'n!

Define "sane"
JP's mind****ed by guilt and paranoia, Mana's mind****ed by having his dead sister come back as a super powered manifestation of his subconscious.
Lace is, however, downright insane. I think she's even harder to understand than the Jester.

GoldenHouou
9th October 2013, 4:53 PM
So I have two ways for Sofiya to enter the scene. One involves traumatizing JP for life and the other... involves traumatizing JP for life.

Which one'd be better?

EDIT: Actually, since the fight ended, JP is safe, and a third option has been added to the choices. Whoo!

Niihyl
10th October 2013, 5:34 AM
Define "sane"

"More or less functioning despite severe mental instability". Mana at least is a functioning member of society... that is, until someone else dies, at which point he'll angst about it a bit and consider murdering everyone he loves and-

Okay, that's why I said "arguably".

I vote for stabbing. A good stabbing never hurt anyone!

Son_of_Shadows
10th October 2013, 9:21 PM
Quick heads-up, I'm planning for this tower climb to take 2/3 posts over the next couple of weeks, just kind of whenever I can. So you guys have time to kick ***, Zinc has time to work on his own stuff, and I get a better chance to cause Joshua as much pain as I possibly can can get better at pacing myself. So yeah, have fun.

Zincspider
15th October 2013, 4:14 PM
So I can understand why things are slow here.
Pokemon X/Y is out.
I myself have been playing it almost 4 days rock solid... and I've been playing the game when I can too!

niedude
16th October 2013, 3:19 PM
Dude I just got a Tyrunt
It's the ****ing cutest little thing ever AND it's a baby T-rex.
All of my want <3
And. Yeah. Stuff.
GH you better post though :(

InnerFlame
16th October 2013, 5:19 PM
Yeah... I'm playing X/Y... I totally have the game..... and a 3ds... I okay I don't own either of those thing so I guess enjoy playing it. I guess I got to hear you guys talk about it like friggin' Persona Arena/Golden which I still haven't play or own a PSP vita but I don't want to buy it for one/two games.

Blivsey
17th October 2013, 7:46 PM
And this is the exact reason why I updated Sigmund's position late last week: almost all of my time has been going toward either school or Pokémon. On that note, perhaps those of us with the game should all share our friend codes over PM?

Back to RP-relevant matters, the ball's in your court now, Ysa/Kiru/IF. I've already had my turn making questionable decisions.
Also also I did my duty as steward and bumped our rating up as soon as I noticed it drop.

Son_of_Shadows
17th October 2013, 11:00 PM
I am juggling the tower climb/X/uni/girlfriend stuff/performance stuff/life stuff.

What am sleep?

(Expect tower post two either tomorrow or Saturday night)

Zincspider
18th October 2013, 1:49 AM
Bliv, I was actually gonna suggest we all do it on our DA page.... but then privacy :P So, good idea steward. I'm glad you thought of it.
Anyway, guys, if you wanna Friend code it up, send your Friend Code to Zinc. Then I'll send them all out to everyone who sent me one within a day, ok.

Ysavvryl
18th October 2013, 11:36 PM
I've got Y, Animal Crossing, and NaNoWriMo prep work to keep me plenty distracted. But I'll see about getting a post in this weekend.

InnerFlame
23rd October 2013, 12:42 AM
Oh Animal Crossing, I've only played the gamecube version... I like it but it cannot hold my interest because it drags on for so long. One day is a day in real life and ugh... If I come back days later weed are everywhere, roaches in my house, my friends have move DX I was really upset when my favorite person in my town moved away.

Well, I shall wait for the scene to advance since I got my post in.

Son_of_Shadows
23rd October 2013, 1:53 PM
(Expect tower post two either tomorrow or Saturday night)

Ha. Ha. Haha.

I am a filthy lying liar who lies and needs to force himself to post some time this weekend.

Wordy
30th October 2013, 2:04 PM
Yass, Pokemon Y is slay.

I've been raising a mono-Fairy team, hee hee. EVs and all that good ****, for the first time. And boy, is it worth it!
My fave new Poke is Klefki. Zinc and TSR can fill you in on the damage my little Mercedes has done, shattering their fragile egos with her Prankster ways. Also, it's made random netplay warriors cry. I've had, like, five people forfeit to me now. Who knew a keyring could be so DELICIOUSLY EVIL. It's not an exaggeration to say I laugh like a maniac when I watch things back on my Vs. Recorder, lol.

But yeah, if anybody is interested/doesn't know their Friend Safari right now:
Wordy- Grass- Quilladin, Gloom, Ivysaur (apparently)
Zinc- Electric- Emolga (lol), Stunfisk (lol), Luxio
TSR- Ground- Phanpy, Marowak, Diggersby (Huge Power Diggersby ftw, seriously, Zinc is slaying me with something that has its family origins in TSR's Safari)
SoS- Ice- Beartic, Snorunt, (we haven't been online at the same time so idk the last one)
Bliv- Fighting- Pancham, Meditite, (apparently Tyrogue says Zinc?)

Also I have a zillion Bold Serene Grace Togepi sitting in my box just waiting and doing zilch. I could post in the SPP Trade Forum but I'll let you guys have a gander first if you'd like. I don't want anything in particular in return, just to spread the love. EDIT: No, wait, if any of you have Hidden Ability Eevee with Anticipation I'll love you love you long time. Please, begging.
I've put my FC in my sig like a cheap hooker so what the hell lol.

...Oh yeah, sure, I'll post. In the actual RP thing. By Friday. And by 'by' I probably mean 'on' but oh well, c'est la vie.

Niihyl
1st November 2013, 5:29 AM
Happy Halloween, ladies and gents!

I believe my own situation hasn't updated since my last post, so I haven't been able to think anything up. Sorry about that... if you want me to update something - probably off of Nie's post - then I can, I suppose.

As for Pokemon, I don't know anyone's FC but Zinc's, so I is a sad pony. Friends pls. Also Wordy is a bad person for using Klefki, which is an evil little creature. Prankster is ridiculous.

InnerFlame
1st November 2013, 5:49 AM
Still doesn't own a 3DS/Pokémon X so feels left out. Happy Halloween, I dressed up as Mime 'cause I felt like it. I have nothing to post so I'm still waiting.

Zincspider
1st November 2013, 8:55 AM
And Niihyl starts what's been a year in the making.
HAPPY HALLOWEEN EVERYBODY!

InnerFlame
1st November 2013, 10:07 PM
Aww, no fair... I want to go to Death's Tea Party... I guess it's better for Russell to be in the mis-Fortune Flashback..... I don't really got one for the Tower... Tower of Desmise... nah that's totally from Persona 3. The Phantom's Tower?

Son_of_Shadows
2nd November 2013, 1:27 AM
Shadow Mana, Shadow Joshua, Shadow Wulfgard and Shinai.

Someone is dying tonight.

niedude
4th November 2013, 6:48 PM
Someone is dying tonight.

I better get a post up.

Zincspider
4th November 2013, 6:55 PM
That's correct.
So much evil **** out.
And Shadow Josh.

Son_of_Shadows
6th November 2013, 4:45 PM
I DID IT I FINALLY MOVED MY LAZY FINGERS AND POSTED I mean what? Ahem. Expect Part 3 by the weekend. Feel like I'm on a bit of a roll.

Oh, and for those of you who have my FC: I restarted my X file under the name "Damian", so yeah, that's a thing. Just in case any of you were wondering where I'd disappeared.

Zincspider
14th November 2013, 7:06 PM
Alright, I'm pissed.
One surefire way to piss me off, out of maybe 3 options, is to wake me the eff up.
And last night, around 2 am, someone set off the fire alarm in my dorm. I've got a headache and I want to rip the arms off of someone I don't even know.
So what's the best thing you can do when angry? Write a post.
I'm gonna utilize this seething white core of pure hate and do something productive.

Blivsey
14th November 2013, 7:11 PM
Huh. Welp, that's a fantastic mood for the GM to be writing in while we're all in the middle of boss battles.
I'll start rolling another character.

Also, contingent on Ysa's next post, do you want Kiririri, IF, and me to advance fights or let you move them forward?

P.S. - Been there. Dorm fire alarms are wonderful at providing sleep deprivation services.

Son_of_Shadows
14th November 2013, 10:04 PM
Alright, I'm pissed.
One surefire way to piss me off, out of maybe 3 options, is to wake me the eff up.
And last night, around 2 am, someone set off the fire alarm in my dorm. I've got a headache and I want to rip the arms off of someone I don't even know.
So what's the best thing you can do when angry? Write a post.
I'm gonna utilize this seething white core of pure hate and do something productive.

I suggest writing more deathtraps in the tower. It's enormously cathartic.

GoldenHouou
18th November 2013, 9:30 AM
Everyone's already exchanged Friend Codes and I wasn't invited? What is this. I'll hunt you down later for those.

Also, a post. Yee. One will come this week. I know you've heard that before but I'm honest now. Srss. I just felt a bit stuck with Sofiya, since it's been really long since I last played her, and I kinda want her to be more a Cloudcuckoolander like she was in the beginning instead of the Accidental Nightmare Fuel she's been lately. So, I've been reading the old threads. (That, and I have another reason to read them but shh.)

Also read the old discussions and wow we had fun and wow I was an *** but that's not new. Why don't we talk like we used to, gaiz? It feels like we're all married and just went past our second anniversary; everything's cold and distant and there's no sex.

niedude
19th November 2013, 12:32 PM
And I think it's because we got on the mods' radar as the most active Discussion Thread and they started threatening to use the banhammer way too damn often.
Helps that quite a bit of our discussions were spammy <.< Fun but... "Illegal".
*pouts*

SOFYIA MUST POST
I don't feel right posting before she does.

Zincspider
19th November 2013, 3:15 PM
And I think it's because we got on the mods' radar as the most active Discussion Thread and they started threatening to use the banhammer way too damn often..

Too scared, can't move.

niedude
19th November 2013, 5:22 PM
**** zinc's got a status condition
anyone have some amrita?
<.<

Zincspider
19th November 2013, 7:16 PM
I invited you too, GH.
You just didn't arrive to the party.
So... your fault. :3c Shoulda sent your FC when I asked. You would have gotten eeevvvverybody's.

Zincspider
20th November 2013, 2:39 PM
Ampharos, Charizard, Ditto, Eelektross, Gardevoir, Gorebyss, Jumpluff, Jynx, Kangaskhan, Lickilicky, Liepard, Ludicolo, Executor, Probopass, Pinser, Ninjask, Sawsbuck, Scolipede, Seismitoad, Shiftry, Victreebel, Volbeat, Weezing, Beartic, Drifblim, Bibarel, Glalie, Mawile, Banette.

There, that's a list alright.
And it will be used quite soon for something pertaining to you all. Feel free to ponder while I make preparations.

Wordy
20th November 2013, 5:32 PM
Oho, if only the 'something pertaining to you all' would be a post. If only, if only.

I recognise enough Pokemon on that list to wonder, lol. But idk.

Zincspider
20th November 2013, 5:48 PM
Too busy worrying about my last Spanish test today, closely followed by my final next monday.
Anger has nothing on nausea inducing tests. Post will have to wait.

Niihyl
21st November 2013, 1:28 AM
Oh look, signs of life. Finally, something to give thanks for ^^. It's been all quiet... sometimes entire days go by without a post in here.

G'luck on those tests, Zinc. I'll bother GH about posting instead. Or study for my own tests... eh.

Zincspider
21st November 2013, 2:01 AM
Well, one out of the way... can't say I'm excited about the results.
1/3 of the test was something we covered 5 minutes in class... like, wut. Did not think it was important enough to go as in depth as the test expected.

Also, of course it's dead in here most of the time now, we're down 3 people (VB's coming back soon and I still haven't used Lace, TSR's bogged with 70hour work weeks, and GH is... off being GH.), and we're not making any points of conversation. Just statement.

So, I guess I'll go ahead and announce what that list is up there.
*AHEM*
Ladies and slightly manlier ladies. I present to you, the-

Persona BOSS Pokemon TOURNAMENT!

Now, as the fun guy I am, I thought of a few ways to make this tournament interesting. First: Double Battles. That's the format here people. Leave your Single battle mindset at the door.
Second: Neverused.
Smogon is full of pretentious jerks set on making pokemon not fun. BUT, they do provide a few nice things that I can't help but use, such as the tier list. Most of the time, I only use these to find good movesets to fiddle with, but now, we're gonna be using them as criteria!
http://www.smogon.com/bw/tiers/nu
Only pokemon on this list may be used in the tournament.
The list that I made earlier was the ban list. Banned for such reasons as having the ability to use a megastone now, being usable in OU viably without relying on a certain set up, or increasing their stats too much in weather (which is totally easy to achieve in Doubles).
So, the rules are there. 6v6 Double battles with Neverused pokemon.
I'd get started on your team if I were you.
More rules to come (basic stuff to set the game to)
If you want to partake, it'll be in a week or two. Just tell me here!

EDIT: Also, OW! My eyes... why'd I make that text red?

niedude
21st November 2013, 2:33 AM
The text is red because THESE BATTLES WILL MAKE BLOOD RAIN

And awww why'd you ban Taurus. If I'm making a JP-theme team (which I so ****ing will) Taurus was epytomal. No, Bouffalant won't do. That affro's way too... It reminds me of Sig. And Sig is the antythesis of JP, personality wise. (Calm bruiser vs Prone-to-rage Bruiser). And Taurus even had the ability Anger Point oh cmon ooooooon.

I'll cope.
Somehow.
(If Terrakion is in that NU list... I'm sure it isnt but here's hoping)

Zincspider
21st November 2013, 2:37 AM
Lol, Terrakion on NU. Always OU.
Actually, why did I ban Tauros?
I think that was early on when my standards were less strict on banning. Let me take another look. I might remove it.
EDIT: It's off, along with a few more.

InnerFlame
21st November 2013, 3:28 AM
**** zinc's got a status condition
anyone have some amrita?
<.<

Sorry I only know Charmdi so unless he's been charmed I can't help him.

Unless you want to exchange Soul Silver/Black pokemon codes; I got no friend code as I still do not have the things I need to play the Pokemon X game.

.....The first two on that list made me sad because I like those pokemon... I know they're overused but still... It's my favorite starter pokemon and my favorite electric type and awww... I like using my male Gardevoir... It's like the rarest thing to see now that it has a manlier evolution XD Well, you only have one fire type on the list so it all good for me.

I'm not a big pokemon battler myself (blasphemy, I know) but how would I join this tournament?

Niihyl
21st November 2013, 7:12 AM
Awesome, definitely participating. I'd love to use some 'mons that are awesome but, well, never used because they aren't as strong as the 20-odd best guys.

Aw, sorry InnerFlame. It's not fun to be left out... maybe you'll be able to pick something up on Black Friday/Christmas?

Now I can think of two options. We could use pokemonshowdown.com, the battle simulator. The upsides of this are 1. Not having to train a team of NU Pokemon in seven days. I don't keep NU Pokemon just lyin' around, man. 2. Everyone can join in, regardless of their ownership of the devices. It might not quite have the feel of "I trained these guys myself in the spirit of Pokemon," but it does make it easier for everyone to participate.

The other option is to be hybrid-y. For people who have the game, they battle each other in game, as per usual. For people who don't, they can use pokemonshowdown, and the people who do have the game can (must) replicate their in-game teams with the teambuilder. Might give people who are exclusively on the simulator an advantage, but that's not what really counts here, is it?

So can we not use Gen 6 Pokemon at all? The tierlists are only for BW so far, I believe.

Also prizes. I demand prizes.

Also Zinc, you have a bright red signature. Pls.

Edit: I need people's friend codes. Only have Zinc, Wordy and Sequel right now.

Zincspider
21st November 2013, 7:19 AM
But... I already got started on my team. I did 3 this afternoon. Bred em and everything.

Also, that is correct about no gen 6. I have no idea how those guys will place in the tier, and seeing as it's a pure NU tier tourney I can't rightfully allow them.

Prizes? You want PRIZES?... sure, but only if you're able to show me your team in game. Basically, I'm saying we do the hybrid option. Everyone has fun there. BUT, only those who can show me they raised their team in game have the right to win anything. You can still take part, but you won't be able to take home the grad prize. Even if you win, I'll move down to second place for the prize. Cause they put the work in.
That's just the way it's got to go.

Yeah, but it ain't huge.

Shoulda sent me the PM, mate. Aw hell, I guess I'll put the word out again.
Anyone who wants the friend codes of people in BOSS, send me yours in a PM, I'll get them all back out to you guys.
Niihyl, Nie, and GH I'm looking at you.

Niihyl
21st November 2013, 7:24 AM
Ey, that's not fair. You knew about the tourney beforehand. :<

Awright! Besides, the recognition of one's peers is the greatest reward, isn't it? Mm, I'm fired up about Pokemon again. Was a tad burned out on it, but I'm all giddy about raising a new team. Full training mode, activated!

I did get the game about two weeks after the release date, so never got into the first round of PMs. Will do so now.

Zincspider
21st November 2013, 7:29 AM
But I didn't start training until the announcement.... alright a little bit, but not enough to make a difference. Just taking advantage of one of my breaks.

Sure, why not. Other than cash that is. Sweet sweet cash.
Me too. I got burnt out after spending a weekend breeding a perfect team and playing one game. Ugh.

As for this website... there's not much you can do for Gen 6 stuff, if any. Hmm...
EDIT: Actually, it seems to be updated with the GEn 6 stuff so... that's nice.

InnerFlame
21st November 2013, 7:53 AM
I'm always behind on my pokemon games, I tend to wait until it go down in price though 3ds will be quite the wait. Well you guys fun, tell me who wins... I guess I'll just draw something. It been while since I've drawn pictures related to this this RPG... Maybe I'll attempt comic.

Niihyl
21st November 2013, 8:16 AM
You can join in, IF. Pokemonshowdown.com is a free website that lets you build a team and battle online with other players. Zinc might not give you a prize, but this is just for fun.

Edit: Can we use the Mega banlist Pokemon if we don't use mega stones?

Son_of_Shadows
22nd November 2013, 12:31 AM
I am in depending on dates and stuff.

EDIT: Also Zinc, you didn't get back to my VM, so I'll ask here: do you need another post or two out of me for the tower?

GoldenHouou
22nd November 2013, 10:44 AM
A Pokémon tournament? Count me and my renewed-thanks-to-Y-interest-in-Pokémon in, yo! I wassss kinda hoping expecting it to be solely PO/Showdown based, though, because two weeks to build a competitive team in the middle of all this schoolwork and shiz? Damn. But sure, yeah, I'm in with whatever I can get in that time.

Either way, I can offer to contribute when it comes to prizes. No, not a steamy night all alone with me, sorry. I could draw something. Yeah, yeah, I know, GH's a lazy-as-**** artist, but I'm usually more motivated and fast when I have reason to be. So drawing prizes. Yee. Motivation.

I also suggest we have two winner categories/winners/whatever my English sucks today. One prize goes to the actual winner of the tournament (and possibly the runners-up), and one to whoever's team best matches what their BOSS character would have. Say, JP's team would most likely be reckless and offensive, Snow's supportive and more about strategy and so on. Would also nicely tie in with the actual rp, you know, as well as give the Showdown-only players a chance to win too.

And PM. Mm. Yeah. Sure. Soon.

niedude
22nd November 2013, 5:11 PM
I'm having trouble acquiring past gen pokemon that I want JP to use. The GTS keeps requesting Yveltal for that tediursa. Not fun.

-double take-

HOLY **** IS THAT GH?

Zincspider
22nd November 2013, 5:24 PM
Dude, you can catch wild Ursring. Send me your FC and I'll trade you one.

Oh and to answer other questions:

SoS, yeah, go ahead if you want. I'll be backed up with studying till Wednesday.

Niihyl Yes, they're still banned. They got Megaevolutions for a reason, that being they were already really popular pokemon that people used anyway. I can count on one hand the games I haven't used Ampharos or Grdevoir. No fun when you're not using strange pokemon in a NU tourney.
Plus, some of them got buffs to go with their Mega forms in this gen, so... not sure where they lay now.

GH, two prizes sounds good. I'll put you in charge of the Team Prize. I for one am still ineligible for any prize (Which is always sucky), so I'm just doing this for funs.

Wordy
22nd November 2013, 6:49 PM
How have I never used this Showdown thing before. It's sooo fun. Such easy, such miracle.

Q: are Pokemon that have changed type between Gen V and VI banned? ie. your fave Mimey-chan. Is this a Fairy-free ghetto?
Q: I'm assuming that Pokemon that have to be Pokebanked in and with movesets that would have to be Pokebanked in are banned as well? To be fair to the poor souls who'll actually try training their team on their game.

Too lazy to train up a team fo' realz on Y because jesus it takes forever but I'll happily kick *** for the sake of kicking ***. Frankly, this team is likely to be gimmicky as **** as well so unlikely to win the 'closest to character' prize. lol. But it'll be cute. Adorbs. I like cute. Unsure as to what the conditions for 'team that suits Ciara' would be. Especially given that there is barely any *****iness left in NU.

Zincspider
22nd November 2013, 7:12 PM
I've been thinking about that for a while, and... I think I'm having to ban Fairies altogether. It only shoes out Mr. Mime and Granbull I think
And I had a Mime trained and everything, no joke. His stuff is great for doubles.

Yep. No Ice Punch on your Primeape. Can't get it in Gen 6, can't get it for the tourney.

I love this damn thing too... how have I not seen it is a wonderful question.
I've made several teams for the tourney already. All character based, save for one that has to be scrapped cause it has Mr.Mime.

Kamotz
22nd November 2013, 7:38 PM
Hey, guys. Let's try to keep Discussion Threads...I dunno...on topic?

Yeah?

Cool.

Blivsey
22nd November 2013, 9:41 PM
Lotsa restrictions on this tourney, eh?

Really, though, we need to use whatever effort you would have put into this instead into making the RP live again. We're moving at, like, 1-2 posts a week, and that's not cool. As much as I love the side projects, they're kind of taking over from what we should be doing.

As I asked over a page back, do you want us in the mall group to move ahead in our duels contingent on Ysa's post or wait for you to have Team Shadow beat us around a bit?

Zincspider
23rd November 2013, 12:51 AM
Yeah, sure, fight em a bit.

niedude
23rd November 2013, 2:52 PM
Yeah I don't think I'll be able to train a team. Doctor Who marathon kept me from any and all sort of productivity this week. Tons of crap to do and I have yet to catch up <.<
Gonna do it online. Still gonna try to keep it JP centric EVEN THOUGH YOU STILL TOOK GLALIE AWAY FROM ME ;_;

Zincspider
25th December 2013, 5:32 PM
Hey, Niedude, check your PMs would you, for Christmas's sake?