PDA

View Full Version : For all the Noobs who think they are good at rating [Just RMT]

Aura Sensei™
24th March 2012, 8:36 PM
Yes,this team is to show those Noobs in 5th Gen. what GOOD movesets are actually like.And TerryTorterra,you're an exception :)

Zoroark @Focus Sash
Timid Nature
~ Dark Pulse
~ Flamethrower
~ Grass Knot
~ Nasty Plot

Haxorus @Life Orb
Jolly Nature
~ Dragon Dance
~ Outrage
~ Earthquake
~ Brick Break

Carracosta @Water Gem
Adamant Nature
~ Curse
~ Aqua Jet
~ Earthquake
~ Rock Slide

Whimiscott @Leftovers
Bold Nature
~ Protect
~ Toxic
~ Giga Drain
~ Substitute

Emboar @Expert Belt
Mild Nature
~ Flamethrower
~ Brick Break
~ Scald
~ Wild Charge

Galvantula @Electric Gem
Timid Nature
~ Thunder
~ Energy Ball
~ Bug Buzz
~ Thunder Wave

Rate away :p

Sohryu
24th March 2012, 9:49 PM
Terrytorterra isn't a exception...
Zoroark@Wise Glass
Timid Nature
You allready have your 10% of boost on Wise Glass, so why bother with Modest? Just for more power? Its not that needed...you have Nasty plot, so you want to use the move first, thats why Timid is a better option.
Haxorus@Leftovers
Jolly Nature
Again. Base 97 of speed isn't really low, so Jolly Nature would probably be better, since you are using Dragon Dance, so you can get your boost first, outspeeding some threats ^^

Purple_Tangrowth
24th March 2012, 10:37 PM
^ whoah, that was critisism was quite direct ..

Aqua Jet > Waterfall is a must for caracosta imo. STAB priority most likely powered up by curse - you gotta have that

looks quite standardish which isn't necessarily bad but it leaves me with less stuff to rate :(
cool team logan :D
i'll edit or repost if i find more

Stay Gold
24th March 2012, 11:14 PM
Overall a nice team, glad to see that there are still knowledgeable people here.

Anyway, on Zoroark, you could probably do better with a Timid nature and a Focus Sash, as well as Memento in place of Nasty Plot. That way, you can be saved by Focus Sash, and then Timid Nature will allow you to either KO the opponent if possible or use Memento the next turn, allowing Haxorus and Carracosta a better chance to set up.

Thats just a suggestion though, you could try it out and see what works better for you.

davidchu
24th March 2012, 11:51 PM
I'd say this post is directed to me 0.0
and i don't have much to say actually, since i didn't use much of the pokemon mentioned above
but just thinking that focus blast > grass knot on zoroark

Sohryu
25th March 2012, 12:03 AM
Overall a nice team, glad to see that there are still knowledgeable people here.

Anyway, on Zoroark, you could probably do better with a Timid nature and a Focus Sash, as well as Memento in place of Nasty Plot. That way, you can be saved by Focus Sash, and then Timid Nature will allow you to either KO the opponent if possible or use Memento the next turn, allowing Haxorus and Carracosta a better chance to set up.

Thats just a suggestion though, you could try it out and see what works better for you.

Are you awake?!
Zoroark Benefits more from Nasty plot than Memento...

Primal Crusader V
25th March 2012, 12:13 AM
As Purple Tangrowth explained, Aqua Jet would be best over Waterfall, since you have an attack priority with Curse and at the same time completely ignoring the Speed stat. Overrall a great team indeed!

This should get your point through to the rookies. >;3

Aura Sensei™
25th March 2012, 1:07 AM
Will change it a bit :) It wasn't directed at anybody in particular,just trying to help some of the newer raters by showing them how a team should be built ;)

Stay Gold
25th March 2012, 3:04 AM
Are you awake?!
Zoroark Benefits more from Nasty plot than Memento...

Memento isnt supposed to benefit Zoroark, its supposed to be used when hes at 1 HP from Focus Sash and cant win the matchup. It will allow his set up sweepers a better opportunity to set up or just allow another Poke to come in and finish off the opponent without much of a problem

Sohryu
25th March 2012, 4:12 AM
Memento isnt supposed to benefit Zoroark, its supposed to be used when hes at 1 HP from Focus Sash and cant win the matchup. It will allow his set up sweepers a better opportunity to set up or just allow another Poke to come in and finish off the opponent without much of a problem

Zoroark is a Sweeper, so using him as a lead...is very inviable, since Spiritomb/Uxie outclass Zoroark in that role.
Also, Focus Sash into a Zoroark made for in-game purposes?! Hahaha!
Thats a team for In-game, dude. Using strategys made for Battle Subway, is very gimmicky :P

davidchu
25th March 2012, 4:24 AM
Zoroark is a Sweeper, so using him as a lead...is very inviable, since Spiritomb/Uxie outclass Zoroark in that role.
Also, Focus Sash into a Zoroark made for in-game purposes?! Hahaha!
Thats a team for In-game, dude. Using strategys made for Battle Subway, is very gimmicky :P

I can tell this team's also for competitive (don't give me cold water, author)
because if it were in-game
then personally i'd
1. get rid of every single status move
2. bring in a big bad strong grass type instead of whimsicott (lilligant, sceptile, roserade, there are lots out there better for in-game purposes)

Sohryu
25th March 2012, 4:34 AM
I can tell this team's also for competitive (don't give me cold water, author)
because if it were in-game
then personally i'd
1. get rid of every single status move
2. bring in a big bad strong grass type instead of whimsicott (lilligant, sceptile, roserade, there are lots out there better for in-game purposes)

And i can tell you don't know Logan.
He don't do Competitive Battle, so, yes, this team isn't made for competitive.
Also, Whimiscoot is fine for In-game, since he are a SubSeeder...

Violent Red
25th March 2012, 5:56 AM
Will change it a bit :) It wasn't directed at anybody in particular,just trying to help some of the newer raters by showing them how a team should be built ;)

If this post is directed at newer raters, or 'noobs', then it would be better for you to also put in your Pokemon's abilities. For example, judging by your decision to put Thunder on your Galvantula, I know that you're probably using Compoundeyes, but newer players, your target, would probably be thinking, why Thunder over Thunderbolt?

Also, the ordering of your team could probably be worked on too. Emboar should be in your last slot, so that your Zoroark takes the form of him when brought into battle. Works well against Psychic Pokemon and often gives you a free turn to set up NP.

Sigh. You do realise that the set he is using doesn't have Leech Seed?

The guy has a point, these move sets are competitive. A more offensive grass type would benefit the team more, unless this team is being used for Super Singles Subway.

If that is the case, then there is even MORE wrong with the way this has been layed out - namely, the original poster hasn't specified for which purpose this team is intended - and, if Super Singles is for what this team is intended, he hasn't posted and explained his choice of EV's.

Good try though.

TL;DR
This is definitely NOT a good format for new raters to learn from. Structure and order is wrong. Mistakes in movesets and natures could be better, as pointed out. Lack of abilities. Lack of what you are going to use this team for. Lack of EV's, depending on purpose. Weak Pokemon choices depending on purpose. General lack of description; explaining of choices and strategy.

Purple_Tangrowth
25th March 2012, 6:45 AM
@ violent red
i respect and agree with some of the stuff you say. the only problem i see with your post is you saying all these wise things, didn't give any real feedback on what he has so far. or are you saying that you want EV's, abilities, descriptions, etc. before you can make a rate? JUST RATE what he has so far dude

@ akanjao
yes it is a little disrespectful because he's new to the community but that doesn't necessarily mean he doesn't have experience with rating teams

Violent Red
25th March 2012, 5:20 PM
@ violent red
i respect and agree with some of the stuff you say. the only problem i see with your post is you saying all these wise things, didn't give any real feedback on what he has so far. or are you saying that you want EV's, abilities, descriptions, etc. before you can make a rate? JUST RATE what he has so far dude

@ akanjao
yes it is a little disrespectful because he's new to the community but that doesn't necessarily mean he doesn't have experience with rating teams

Hey, was just a bit annoyed 'cause the OP makes a post whilst all on his high horse, when there's actually a host of things about the thread that could be improved upon, in terms of formatting alone.

I am able to rate the team, but newer or inexperienced people would have more difficultly b/c the OP hasn't explained anything about his team at all, and these are the people he is trying to 'teach'. Plus the illiterate fan girl who keeps slamming the other rater is just... embarassing. The funniest part was this:

...Does this look like a SubSeeder? Really?
Whimiscott @Leftovers
Bold Nature
~ Protect
~ Toxic
~ Giga Drain
~ Substitute

/facepalm

Just being a jerk for the sake of it, and doing a really bad job at it at that. I mean, what kind of human can't even troll properly?

But yeah, in terms of type coverage the team is pretty solid. The guys before me pretty much pointed out any improvements that could be made regarding the move sets and natures.

But I did offer my own two cents: To put Emboar in the last slot. The AI is stupid and will throw Psychics at Zoro if they think he is Emboar. Gives a free turn to set up. And I said a more offensive grass type would be more effective if this team isn't for Super Singles but I haven't been given that information.

peacemaker987
25th March 2012, 7:09 PM
I lol'd.

Yes,this team is to show those Noobs in 5th Gen. what GOOD movesets are actually like.And TerryTorterra,you're an exception :)

Well isn't that just a little blunt... ah well.

Zoroark @ Leftovers/Life Orb
Timid Nature
~ Dark Pulse
~ Flamethrower
~ Grass Knot / Focus Miss
~ Nasty Plot

Wise Glasses is pointless after Nasty Plot, switch to Leftovers for recovery or Life Orb for some significant power. Focus Miss may also hit bulky normal types who more often than not carry fighting type attacks. Memento is only sort of viable in the subway. In-game, the level advantage will KO them before you take advantage, and competitively they can easily switch out.

Haxorus @Life Orb
Jolly Nature
~ Dragon Dance
~ Outrage
~ Earthquake
~ Rock Slide/Brick Break/Dragon Claw

Don't really need Rock Slide considering you have DracoQuake. Brick Break may get similar coverage with Earthquake, but it can hit Haxorus' checks like Ferrothorn and co. Dragon Claw is a more reliable way to go so you don't get walled. Won't matter in-game though.

Carracosta @Water Gem
Adamant Nature
~ Curse
~ Aqua Jet
~ Earthquake/Body Slam
~ Rock Slide

This is fine, although QuakEdge does not have to be your only option. Keep your two STABs and replace Earthquake with Body Slam, which gets perfect neutral damage as well; it can also bring useful paralysis, which is always welcome.

Whimiscott @Leftovers
Bold Nature
Prankster Ability
~ Protect
~ Toxic
~ Giga Drain
~ Substitute

This is fine, just make sure to have a Prankster ability.

Emboar @ Expert Belt
Mild Nature
~ Flamethrower
~ Brick Break
~ Scald
~ Wild Charge

11/17 types is alright, you're no Electivire but it's still better than putting all your money on Flamethrower.

Galvantula @ Wise Glasses
Timid Nature
~ Thunder
~ Energy Ball
~ Bug Buzz
~ Thunder Wave

Electric gem may keep Thunder's damage output higher five turns, but it won't carry on to the next battle, or your other moves. Wise Glasses is a bit of a more conservative and orthodox choice.

Not too bad I guess, but you can't really boast too much about this -.-

Kansas_Rocks!
25th March 2012, 7:24 PM
If this is for ingame, removing any gems would be a good choice. Since you only get one use out of a gem, and it is ingame, you won't get that gem back, and you might have to gem hunt. That is unless you like to gem hunt. Also, thunder wave galvantula is better used with electro ball, as electro ball's power would increase significantly with thunder wave active. If you want to keep thunder, I would suggest a Hidden Power (Ice or Fire) to replace thunder wave. Or you could also replace thunder with electro ball. It is your choice, though.

Aura Sensei™
25th March 2012, 8:38 PM
Hey, was just a bit annoyed 'cause the OP makes a post whilst all on his high horse, when there's actually a host of things about the thread that could be improved upon, in terms of formatting alone.

I am able to rate the team, but newer or inexperienced people would have more difficultly b/c the OP hasn't explained anything about his team at all, and these are the people he is trying to 'teach'. Plus the illiterate fan girl who keeps slamming the other rater is just... embarassing. The funniest part was this:

...Does this look like a SubSeeder? Really?
Whimiscott @Leftovers
Bold Nature
~ Protect
~ Toxic
~ Giga Drain
~ Substitute

/facepalm

Just being a jerk for the sake of it, and doing a really bad job at it at that. I mean, what kind of human can't even troll properly?

But yeah, in terms of type coverage the team is pretty solid. The guys before me pretty much pointed out any improvements that could be made regarding the move sets and natures.

But I did offer my own two cents: To put Emboar in the last slot. The AI is stupid and will throw Psychics at Zoro if they think he is Emboar. Gives a free turn to set up. And I said a more offensive grass type would be more effective if this team isn't for Super Singles but I haven't been given that information.

No,no,just leave silently.Why do ypou even consider him a troll?

Everybody else,thanks for the suggestions.

Kansas_Rocks!
25th March 2012, 9:46 PM
Now you have redundant coverage on your Haxorus, as Brick Break and Earthquake have just about the same coverage. Consider replacing one of them with Rock Slide, like you originally had, or you could go Double Dancing Haxorus, which can be boosted to your needs.

terrytorterra
26th March 2012, 6:19 AM

lol Thanks Logan for the shout out :D
I'm still learning ^^

Terrytorterra isn't a exception...

Zoroark@Wise Glass
Timid Nature
You allready have your 10% of boost on Wise Glass, so why bother with Modest? Just for more power? Its not that needed...you have Nasty plot, so you want to use the move first, thats why Timid is a better option.
Haxorus@Leftovers
Jolly Nature
Again. Base 97 of speed isn't really low, so Jolly Nature would probably be better, since you are using Dragon Dance, so you can get your boost first, outspeeding some threats ^^

Quite true, I'm certainly no match for some others here.

Now for the actual RMT. I agree with what Violent Red said. Sorry Logan, but a fuller, more complete team would be a great example for other newbies ^^

Zoroark @ Focus Sash
Timid Nature
~ Dark Pulse
~ Flamethrower
~ Grass Knot / Focus Blast
~ Nasty Plot / Memento / U-turn
.:. Pretty standard set, though most people would probably opt for hidden power to better imitate the Pokemon Zoroark is hiding as. Probably want him to be masked as Emboar, since the fighting type will lure out the psychics you can kill. Focus blast IS an option, to give Perfect coverage already along with Flamethrower (or HP fire) and Dark Pulse. I also agree that Memento is an option for the last slot, as once you're caught being the sly devil you are, you might as well crpple the opponent. However, I would suggest only using it in the Subway since the CPU doesn't like switching out their Pokemon and so our Illusion Fox's sacrifice is less likely to be a waste effort. I put U-turn as an option because you may decide that you want to save Zoroark till later. And also because then you could also mask it as Whimsicott, and Galvantula cuz people tend to forget that Galvantula can't learn U-turn (which to me seems dumb, it can learn volt switch but not u-turn...)

Haxorus @Life Orb
Jolly Nature
~ Dragon Dance
~ Outrage / Dragon Claw
~ Earthquake
~ Brick Break / Night Slash
.:. Also a pretty common set. Night Slash is slashed in there (pardon the pun) because it completes the set for perfect coverage of all Pokemon except Skarmory, which you would use Emboar against anyways, or Zoroark with Flamethrower/HP fire. I suggest Dragon Claw for more online, random match-up play to allow versatility after the dragon dance, but being faced with a +1 STAB Outrage from that 147 base attack should be enough to scare even the sturdiest of Pokemon.

Carracosta @Water Gem / Muscle Band / Expert Belt
Adamant Nature
Sturdy ability
~ Curse / Shell Smash
~ Aqua Jet / Waterfall
~ Earthquake
~ Rock Slide
.:. Great use of the STAB priority, which will hit hard after a +1 from Curse; and water gem is definitely the way to go, but just like Kansas Rocks said, it'd be best to use this set in the Subway or in Random Matchup, where your item can be recycled. An alternate option is a Muscle Band, or Expert Belt. Also, may I propose a Shell Smash set? With similar moves and Sturdy ability to guarantee at least one smash, you can easily sweep a few Pokemon without trouble in the Subway. Aqua jet is still an option, but with the speed issue resolved, Waterfall becomes much more appealing, at twice the BP.

Whimiscott @Leftovers
Bold Nature
~ Protect / Leech Seed
~ Toxic / Encore
~ Giga Drain / U-turn
~ Substitute
.:. Yes as many have pointed out, this is not a SubSeed set. However Akanjao does have a point in using the SubSeed. I can see why you list Protect as an option, allowing you more than the usual 5 subs with Leftovers and the right EVs. However, with another set of EVs, our puff ball friend becomes quite the tank, and can take time to throw some leech seeds on the foe. Much better option as it drains their HP at the same time, and also allows more recovery in 2 turns than just 2 turns of leftovers. Encore is also an option to lock opponents into a move, and also can be used both in-game and in random matchup, as no one likes to be Swords Dancing 10 times before being allowed to attack. I list U-turn again to give you some wiggle room and let you escape or switch to someone who can set up on the enocred opponent (works well in subway :D I've tried with this and a SS cloyster and SB Blaziken.)

Emboar @ Expert Belt
Rash/Naive Nature
~ Flamethrower / Flare Blitz / Flame Charge
~ Brick Break
~ Scald
~ Wild Charge
.:. The type coverage is great, missing only Giratina and the Lati twins. I still find it really sad that Emboar fails to learn Fire Punch, which would only make sense. Dammit Nintendo... anyways, the physical options will allow more EVs in attack and a better offensive force on one end. Also the natures I suggested are better than Mild IMO cuz they don't lower speed, and Emboar is really made more for a sweeper than a tank. Heck you could Choice Band this guy or Scarf him for all I care. The massive power behind it will be enough to revenge kill just about anything.

Galvantula @ Wise Glasses
Timid Nature
Compoundeyes ability
~ Thunder
~ Energy Ball / HP Fire/water
~ Bug Buzz
~ Thunder Wave
lols the exact same set I have on both of my galvantulas. Not a bad set certainly. HP fire could be stuck somewhere in there, but the coverage is great. Surprisingly, HP water gives the best coverage, missing only Giratina, Dialga and Shedinja, two of which you would never take on with this spider anyways... So that's slashed in there as well. I fully realize that HP only has a max power of 70, and its not easy to get those right IVs, but it's still an option. Wise Glasses instead of Electric gem to boost everything in your arsenal.

Rate away i did. :D dang that took a long time.

Angeltripper
26th March 2012, 7:21 AM
If this is for ingame, removing any gems would be a good choice. Since you only get one use out of a gem, and it is ingame, you won't get that gem back, and you might have to gem hunt. That is unless you like to gem hunt. Also, thunder wave galvantula is better used with electro ball, as electro ball's power would increase significantly with thunder wave active. If you want to keep thunder, I would suggest a Hidden Power (Ice or Fire) to replace thunder wave. Or you could also replace thunder with electro ball. It is your choice, though.

I'm pretty sure gems don't disappear in the subway...

Kansas_Rocks!
26th March 2012, 1:13 PM
I'm pretty sure gems don't disappear in the subway...

Is this a subway team? It does not say that it is anywhere.

chap196
26th March 2012, 2:39 PM
Haxorus
Item Life orb
Nature adamant/Jolly
Ability Mold Breaker
Move set
Dragon dance
Dual chop
Earthquake
Stone edge
Dragon dance gain you attack and speed by 1 stage, if you use about 3 times you may sweep your opponent (don't try all the time).
I recommend Dual chop to kill focus sash Pokemon or sturdy Pokemon, also it has a OK power.
Earthquake can kill electric type Pokemon and also a powerful move.
Stone edge can kill flying and has high critical hit ratio.

gyaradosuseddragonrage!
28th March 2012, 10:45 AM
posting because i’m beginning to like the drama that’s going on:

redundant coverage so rockslide>brickbreak on haxorus

i would throw in flame charge somewhere in emboar, probably over wild charge

don’t really like gems in-game so probably use wise glasses or life orb on galvantula

congratulations logan, you brought back something from 2009/2010! jk