PDA

View Full Version : Pokemon Black 2: Planned Team

Flappy
27th March 2012, 3:24 AM
Some of you may have seen a recent thread from like this. But I have decided to run the planned team in a sort of different manner as you could say. I have also decided to make kind of a challenge for myself. I am gonna try to see how fast it will take me to beat the game with this team. So considering that I may EV train them not sure yet.

1.Samurott@Muscle Band
Ability:Torrent
Nature:Adamant
-Megahorn
-Waterfall
-Night Slash
-Swords Dance

2.Scrafty@Leftovers
Ability:Moxie
Nature:Impish
-Drain Punch
-Crunch
-Rock Slide
-Dragon Dance

3.Staraptor@Muscle Band
Ability:Intimidate
Nature:Jolly
-Brave Bird
-Close Combat
-Return
-Fly

4.Darmanitan@Muscle Band
Ability:Sheer Force
Nature:Adamant
-Flare Blitz
-Earthquake
-Rock Slide
-Return Superpower (davidchu)

5.Hydreigon@Wise Glasses
Ability:Levitate
Nature:Modest
-Dark Pulse
-Dragon Pulse
-Surf
-Flamethrower

6.Galvantula@Wise Glasses
Ability:Compoundeyes
Nature:Modest
-Thunder
-Bug Buzz
-Energy Ball
-Thunderwave

davidchu
27th March 2012, 3:41 AM
Consider electro ball for galvantula instead of thunder if you are going to use thunder wave. Personally, i think it's unnecessary to even equip thunder wave, since you can just speed + STAB + type advantage + power KO the opponent with Thunder without even having to paralyze it.

I think Darmanitan can equip superpower as a 1hitKO and type advantage move, since you can switch out in-game. (instead of return)

Flappy
27th March 2012, 3:51 AM
Consider electro ball for galvantula instead of thunder if you are going to use thunder wave. Personally, i think it's unnecessary to even equip thunder wave, since you can just speed + STAB + type advantage + power KO the opponent with Thunder without even having to paralyze it.

I think Darmanitan can equip superpower as a 1hitKO and type advantage move, since you can switch out in-game. (instead of return)
Well the reason I went for Thunderwave on my Galvantula was to help my team out. Also make my sweeping much easier. As for Superpower I guess that would be a good choice for simply more In-Game coverage against say those Dark types ill encounter. I just went for Return for neutral coverage and very nice power after full happiness.

Sohryu
27th March 2012, 5:04 AM
Hydreigon@Wise Glass/Leftovers
Naughty Nature
~Dragon Pulse
~Earthquake
~Dark Pulse
~Work Up
The Work Up allows you to use a mixed Hydreigon, so why don't use it? After a single use of work up, your atk and sp atk reaches 205 and 217 Respectively (at level 50).
Hope this helps

bug pro
27th March 2012, 8:59 AM
Darmanitan @Life Orb
Sheer Force
-Flare Blitz
-Bulldoze
-Superpower
-Rock Slide

There's a bug with Life Orb, wich is that it wont give you Recoil if Sheer force activates. Make abusement.

chap196
27th March 2012, 11:08 AM
Physical attacker Samurott
Nature Adamant/Brave(if you put Assurance
Item leftover
Ability Torrent
Move set
Aqua jet/Waterfall
Megahorn/X-scissor
Night slash/Assurance
Sword dance
I recommend Aqua jet because it has speed priority and Samurott is not quite fast, but if you want more power, then you put waterfall instead
Megahorn has more power, but X-scissor has more accuracy, so it is your choice to choose Megahorn or X-scissor
Night Slash has 70 power and has high critical hit ratio, but if your Samurott is really slow then you put assurance instead because it will double power if you are slower than your opponent.
Sword dance to gain attack by 2 stage

Mix attacker Samurott
Item Life orb
Nature Mild/Rash/Lonely/Naughty
Ability Torrent
Move set
Air slash
Ice beam
Aqua Jet/Waterfall
X-scissor/Megahorn
Air Slash is one of the most powerful special flying type move, it has 30% to flinch opponent and has a OK power.
Ice beam can freeze opponent
Aqua Jet have speed priority, but waterfall has more power
Megahorn has more power, but X-scissor have more accuracy.

Shine
27th March 2012, 3:48 PM
Darmanitan @Life Orb
Sheer Force
-Flare Blitz
-Bulldoze
-Superpower
-Rock Slide

There's a bug with Life Orb, wich is that it wont give you Recoil if Sheer force activates. Make abusement.

First, Life Orb + Sheer Force may or may not be a bug. No one's sure yet, we have to wait for B/W 2 to know for sure.
If the "combo" is on B/W 2, then it is intended, and it is not a bug.

Second, Bulldoze with SF boost still has less power than Earthquake. And it's not just a minor difference, it's 20 points difference.

bug pro
27th March 2012, 10:24 PM
But Earthquake give recoil, which is important to note. B-doze dosent.

And as of yet, it works regardless. Update that when 2 releases.

Flappy
27th March 2012, 11:14 PM
But Earthquake give recoil, which is important to note. B-doze dosent.

And as of yet, it works regardless. Update that when 2 releases.
Earthquake has no recoil lol.

Flappy
27th March 2012, 11:17 PM
Hydreigon@Wise Glass/Leftovers
Naughty Nature
~Dragon Pulse
~Earthquake
~Dark Pulse
~Work Up
The Work Up allows you to use a mixed Hydreigon, so why don't use it? After a single use of work up, your atk and sp atk reaches 205 and 217 Respectively (at level 50).
Hope this helps I kinda like the way this sounds. But I would rather not use a Mixed Hydreigon. His Special Attack is just to good. Plus I haven't really had much experience using a Mixed pokemon very much too be honest.

Aura Sensei™
27th March 2012, 11:35 PM
Darmanitan @Life Orb
Jolly Nature
~ U-Turn
~ Flare Blitz
~ Earthquake
~ Rock Slide

This is what I use.U-Turn lets you esape and switch quickly.

Hydreigon @Choice Specs / Wise Glasses
Modest Nature
~ Draco Meteor
~ Flamethrower
~ Surf
~ Dark Pulse

This set can bevery useful.Draco Meteor + Choice Specs / Wise Glasses = BOOM!

Sohryu
27th March 2012, 11:56 PM
I kinda like the way this sounds. But I would rather not use a Mixed Hydreigon. His Special Attack is just to good. Plus I haven't really had much experience using a Mixed pokemon very much too be honest.
Not really.
His Atk is 98, so if he runs a Naughty nature and a Muscle band, the atk gonna be something like 119/118
So it isn't that bad.
Also, my Hydreigon don't get walled, thats the whole reason for a Mixed hydreigon.
But IMO, it isn't that important ^^

bug pro
28th March 2012, 7:59 AM
Earthquake has no recoil lol.

Yes, with Life Orb. Rather sustained than OP.

Flappy
28th March 2012, 10:45 PM
Darmanitan @Life Orb
Jolly Nature
~ U-Turn
~ Flare Blitz
~ Earthquake
~ Rock Slide

This is what I use.U-Turn lets you esape and switch quickly.

Hydreigon @Choice Specs / Wise Glasses
Modest Nature
~ Draco Meteor
~ Flamethrower
~ Surf
~ Dark Pulse

This set can bevery useful.Draco Meteor + Choice Specs / Wise Glasses = BOOM! I kinda love the Jolly Darmanitan idea. But I would have to stick with Superpower > U-Turn simply cause of more coverage In-Game. And I like to go with more coverage rather than scouting In-Game.
Ah I have seen this Hydreigon moveset before. It honestly looks good but... I just don't like how Draco Meteor will sharply lower my Special Attack. Causing me to weaken all my other moves including Draco Meteor. Which will cause me to switch him back in and out to restore that beautiful Special Attack.