PDA

View Full Version : RMT OU 4th Gen Team?

ZeekNen
31st March 2012, 2:51 AM
I'm new to competitive so forgive me if my team is too average I mainly just got them from matches I saw on Pokemon Online.

Electrode @ Focus Sash
Ability: Soundproof
EVs: 80 Atk/176 Spd/252 SAtk
Naive nature (+Spd, -SDef)
- Taunt
- Thunder Wave
- Thunderbolt
- Explosion

Electrode is the anti-lead of this team. Taunt is used against leads who attempt to use Stealth Rock, while Thunder Wave is used for annoyance. Thunderbolt can be used against leading Flying- and Water-types such as Aerodactyl, Starmie and Togekiss. The general strategy of Electrode is to use Taunt or Thunder Wave, and then switch to Skarmory to set-up entry hazards. Being an Electric-type, Electrode can attract Earthquakes from Swampert, Aerodactyl, Metagross and miscellaneous others, allowing me to switch-out to Skarmory for free because of its immunity to Ground attacks.

Skarmory (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Keen Eye
EVs: 252 HP/64 Atk/176 Def/16 Spd
Careful nature (+SDef, -SAtk)
- Roar
- Spikes
- Stealth Rock
- Brave Bird

Skarmory is the set-upper of entry hazards. It can switch-in from Ground attacks aimed at Electrode, and can switch-in from Bullet Punches, Grass attacks and Shadow Sneak aimed at Gengar and Hippowdon, respectively. Skarmory's main role is to get entry hazards up. Roar is used for passive Stealth Rock and Spikes damage.

Hippowdon (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 176 HP/74 Def/248 SDef
Impish nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Slack Off
- Stockpile
- Roar
- Earthquake

This is the Hippowdon that made Stockpilodon so famous. When this team was implemented around March 2009, I'm not sure if this is true but this is the earliest record I found of it, not as many users utilized Stockpile, as the Sand Stream Stealth Rock lead was mostly prominent. This Hippowdon is one of the stars of the team. With 2 Stockpiles up, only Special Water, Ice or Grass attacks have a chance at denting it, and with the EVs, almost no neutral physical attack can 2HKO factoring in Leftovers.

Ludicolo (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Rain Dish
EVs: 252 HP/6 Def/252 SDef
Calm nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Substitute
- Seismic Toss
- Leech Seed
- Toxic

Ludicolo provides a switch-out from Water attacks aimed at Hippowdon and Gliscor, and Bullet Punch from Gengar. This Ludicolo is meant to use Substitute initially, and then use Seismic Toss in conjunction with entry hazards and Sand Stream to deal damage. Toxic is meant for bulky Pokemon such as Latias, Celebi, Dusknoir and opposing Hippowdons, as well as to add to the residual damage that this team is designed for. Leech Seed is in the same category, and gives me an answer to bulky Pokemon such as Snorlax and Blissey who are hardly affected by Seismic Toss.

Gliscor (M) @ Yache Berry
Ability: Hyper Cutter
EVs: 200 HP/252 Def/58 Spd
Jolly nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Stone Edge
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Night Slash

Gliscor is the late-game sweeper of the team. With Sandstorm in effect, it can possibly pull off a free Swords Dance, and with its Defense and invested Speed, finish up the game after the opponent's team has taken considerable residual damage.

Gengar (M) @ Wide Lens
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 238 Spd/252 SAtk/20 SDef
Timid nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Substitute
- Hypnosis
- Shadow Ball
- Thunderbolt

This Gengar has been in almost every team I've made, yes all 2 teams, simply because I love it. Also I like having amazing speed and special attack.