PDA

View Full Version : Having a tournament with freinds and need help and advice wth team

Dango~Link
31st March 2012, 2:30 PM
I am having a singles battle tournament with my freinds, the rules are we have to use heartgold/soulsilver and no legendaries allowed. I might use this as an oppurtunity to get into competetive battling and am fairly new to competetive battling. If you could have a look at my team and give me any advice and tips i would really appreaciate.

Toxicroak- toxic, sucker punch, swords dance, bounce

Blissey- light screen, safeguard, healing wish, softboiled

Garchomp- sandstorm, earthquake, dragon claw, swords dance

Electivire- brick break, thunderbolt, psychic, flamethrower

Ludicolo- toxic, ice beam, raindance, surf

Crobat- meanlook, giga drain, hypnosis, toxic

Slacker1997
6th May 2012, 4:17 AM
Toxicroak @Life Orb
Nature: Jolly
Ability: Dry Skin
4HP, 252Atk, 252Spd
- Swords Dance
- Sucker Punch
- Substitute
- Focus Punch
Switch this in on something That doesn't threaten Toxicroak (bulky water without Thunderwave) and setup Substitute. From there, you may choose between Swords Dance or Focus Punch.

Electivire @Expert Belt
Nature: Adamant
4HP, 252Atk, 252Spd
- ThunderPunch
- IcePunch
- Earthquake
- Cross Chop/ Brick Break

Another late game sweeper, switch Electivire into an electric type move and gain the speed boost. Then, proceed to sweep. ThunderPunch for STAB, Ice Punch for ground types, Earthquake for opposing electric types and Cross Chop or Brick Break for more super effective hits against normal types. This set hits 13 of the 17 pokemon types super effectively and Expert Belt boosts the power of super effective moves.

All the best. (might be too late)

[GS]
8th May 2012, 3:48 AM
Read the rules please.

*Closed