and here's my team~

;462; Magnezone @Light Clay
255 HP/ 95 Def/ 64 Spe.Atk/ 96 Spe.Def
Timid, Magnet Pull
- Light Screen
- Reflect
- Volt Switch
- Flash Cannon
He's my dual screener. Volt switch is for running away, and flash cannon is because he needs another attack to be useful in-game. HP stuff is too late, his HP is a sad 43 power bug =.=

;237; Hitmontop @Shell Bell
255 HP/ 255 Atk
Lonely, Technician
- Bulk Up
- Low Sweep
- Mach Punch/Rapid Spin?
- Aerial Ace/ ?
My fighting type pokemon on every team. I chose him because he's the only defense + spe.def bulky fighting type I could find. Technician is nice with Low Sweep, making Hitmontop hit things faster than it. I can't decide on Mach Punch or Rapid Spin, so someone help me out here. Aerial Ace is just an extra move, and I could replace it with anything else.

;080; Slowbro @Life Orb
255 HP/ 255 Spe.Atk
Calm, Regenerator
- Slack Off
- Scald
- Psychic
- Flamethrower
The psychic-water combo pokemon, so that I have 1 extra slot, and he's pretty bulky too. Slack Off is for healing after Life Orb, as I read in Smogon.[/B]

:635: Hydreigon @Expert Belt
255 Spe.Atk/ 255 Spe
Modest, Levitate
- Dark Pulse
- Dragon Pulse
- Flamethrower
- Surf
He's also for coverage, and the dark type on every team.

:623: Golurk @Choice Band
255 HP/ 255 Atk
Adamant, Iron Fist
- Earthquake
- Hammer Arm
- Shadow Punch
- Fly/Stone Edge
Yes, yes, Fly is too predictable, blah blah blah. I'm using it for in-game OK? Everyone keeps making a fuss over it. I'll switch it to Stone Edge for competitive. Anyways, this guy is here for type coverage and electric immunity. Notice I didn't have an electric immunity poke on my team before. Well now I do.

:637: Volcarona @Leftovers
255 Spe.Atk/ 255 Spe
Quirky, Flame Body
- Quiver Dance
- Bug Buzz
- Flamethrower
- Psychic
This guy is my fire type on every team, but with nice IVs and moves.
I'm not going for Fiery Dance, because unlike other people, I simply don't see the point in training something to level 100. It's VERY time consuming and boring. (for me anyways)

Now rate my team guys!
And I REALLY would like if ppl suggest other pokemon to me, and not just limited to the pokemon I chose, because I'm not sure if I made a good choice.

Changes in Bold.

davidchu
31st March 2012, 8:57 PM
and I bump 0.0

SnazzySwampert
31st March 2012, 9:36 PM
Could you give us the levels plz?

Zaurfen
31st March 2012, 10:42 PM
For mienshao you could consider high jump kick to give him a little more power and put the sword dance you wanted over bounce. on kingdra you could consider scald over surf for the 30% chance for burn and doesnt hit you partner in double battles n' such if you choose to do them. for hydreigon you could use draco meteor if you want more power, and i've heard that focus blast is good for his fourth move over surf to give him better coverage, but its up to you

terrytorterra
31st March 2012, 11:50 PM
- If you could, I would try to get HP fire or something that will take down any steel types you trap with Magnet Pull. Probably over Flash Cannon as you just said that it needs another attack.

- Well, as you're realized, too bad you have Inner Focus. You could try using Acrobatics on him while holding Flying Gem which is boosted the same turn it uses acrobatics. Mienshao is very much a glass cannon without Regen and U-turn, so That's something I would really REALLY consider.

- On Kingdra, you could consider Draco Meteor over Hydro Pump, since you'll be likely switching out often with it being Spec'd and all. DM has more power and better accuracy, on top of having fewer that resist it.

Yeah I've always found it hard to use Espeon in competitive. Using her (him) requires very good prediction, which as we know doesn't always work out.
Other than those things, nice sets :D

Aura Sensei™
1st April 2012, 12:30 AM
Kingdra @Leftovers
Adamant Nature
~ Dragon Dance
~ Rest
~ Outrage
~ Waterfall

Standard Physical 'dra.

Volcarona @Wise Glasses
Modest Nature
~ Fiery Dance
~ Quiver Dance
~ Bug Buzz
~ HP Ground / Psychic

Honestly,why would you put Fly on Volcarona?Bad idea,definetly :p

davidchu
1st April 2012, 1:29 AM
For mienshao you could consider high jump kick to give him a little more power and put the sword dance you wanted over bounce. on kingdra you could consider scald over surf for the 30% chance for burn and doesnt hit you partner in double battles n' such if you choose to do them. for hydreigon you could use draco meteor if you want more power, and i've heard that focus blast is good for his fourth move over surf to give him better coverage, but its up to you

High jump kick is a little risky, considering Mienshao is really fragile. I got confused once and the result WASN'T good. I think I'll do that for Kingdra.

- If you could, I would try to get HP fire or something that will take down any steel types you trap with Magnet Pull. Probably over Flash Cannon as you just said that it needs another attack.

- Well, as you're realized, too bad you have Inner Focus. You could try using Acrobatics on him while holding Flying Gem which is boosted the same turn it uses acrobatics. Mienshao is very much a glass cannon without Regen and U-turn, so That's something I would really REALLY consider.

- On Kingdra, you could consider Draco Meteor over Hydro Pump, since you'll be likely switching out often with it being Spec'd and all. DM has more power and better accuracy, on top of having fewer that resist it.

Yeah I've always found it hard to use Espeon in competitive. Using her (him) requires very good prediction, which as we know doesn't always work out.
Other than those things, nice sets :D

Maybe I'll use something else instead of magnezone... (my EV training ;_;)
For Mienshao, I'll give him a flying gem with acrobatics and all that, but it's semi-competitive, so I'll use bounce for now.
Should've thought of Draco Meteor. Thanks.
Maybe I should use a Magic Guard Alakazam instead of Espeon?

Kingdra @Leftovers
Adamant Nature
~ Dragon Dance
~ Rest
~ Outrage
~ Waterfall

Standard Physical 'dra.

Volcarona @Wise Glasses
Modest Nature
~ Fiery Dance
~ Quiver Dance
~ Bug Buzz
~ HP Ground / Psychic

Honestly,why would you put Fly on Volcarona?Bad idea,definetly :p

definitely*
anyways
thanks for the help sir, but if my Kingdra was adamant and had good IVs to go with it (which clearly isn't the case), I would use your set too.
and for volcarona, I THINK I EXPLAINED ALREADY

chap196
1st April 2012, 3:15 AM
Volcarona
Item Fire Gem
Nature timid/modest
Ability Flame Body
Move Set
Quiver Dance
Fiery Dance
Bug Buzz
Hurricane/Psychic
Quiver Dance gain you speed, special attack and special defense which help you to sweep opponent team.
Fiery Dance have 50% to gain your special attack which is very useful.
Bug Buzz is a good bug type move.
Hurricane is a good flying type move which have chance to confuse opponent, but if you want to kill poison type Pokemon then you use psychic. You don't need to use fly on your Team, if you want to use fly in in-game, then you go to capture other Pokemon you don't use and if you want to use fly then you get that unused Pokemon from PC and then use that Pokemon to fly to other placed.

Espeon
Item Leftover/Choice specs
Psychic
Shodow Ball
Focus Blast
Charge Beam (if you are playing choice specs or leftover) /calm mind ( if you are playing leftover) / Morning Sun (if you are playing leftover)
Psychic is a powerful psychic move which have chance to lower your opponent special defense.
Shadow Ball so you can kill ghost type Pokemon if you are faster.
Focus Blast is a powerful fighting type move.
Charge Beam have 50% to gain your special attack, Calm mind to gain your special attack and special defense, morning to gain your HP.

davidchu
1st April 2012, 4:17 AM
Volcarona
Item Fire Gem
Nature timid/modest
Ability Flame Body
Move Set
Quiver Dance
Fiery Dance
Bug Buzz
Hurricane/Psychic
Quiver Dance gain you speed, special attack and special defense which help you to sweep opponent team.
Fiery Dance have 50% to gain your special attack which is very useful.
Bug Buzz is a good bug type move.
Hurricane is a good flying type move which have chance to confuse opponent, but if you want to kill poison type Pokemon then you use psychic. You don't need to use fly on your Team, if you want to use fly in in-game, then you go to capture other Pokemon you don't use and if you want to use fly then you get that unused Pokemon from PC and then use that Pokemon to fly to other placed.

Espeon
Item Leftover/Choice specs
Psychic
Shodow Ball
Focus Blast
Charge Beam (if you are playing choice specs or leftover) /calm mind ( if you are playing leftover) / Morning Sun (if you are playing leftover)
Psychic is a powerful psychic move which have chance to lower your opponent special defense.
Shadow Ball so you can kill ghost type Pokemon if you are faster.
Focus Blast is a powerful fighting type move.
Charge Beam have 50% to gain your special attack, Calm mind to gain your special attack and special defense, morning to gain your HP.

Yeah, got it with Volcarona. But then again, all I have to do before competitive is take Volcarona to the move deleter then TM it, so I think it's fine.

And about espeon.
It' called ESPEON
not ALAKAZAM
so it's movesets are VERY limited. (and it can't learn focus blast or charge beam)
but I see your point
Maybe I should get an alakazam 0.0

Purple_Tangrowth
1st April 2012, 6:46 AM
if fly is for ingame purposes, then i don't think that you can consider this even a 'semi competitive RMT'

i would go on kingdra: HP electric > dragon pulse
and also, two dragon types on a team isn't the best imo. i would get rid of one

i would go with an item like wise glasses on espeon instead of leftovers

team looks ok. good job!

Vandslaux
1st April 2012, 11:41 AM
I don't understand your items. Why Rocky Helmet on Mienshao and Shell Bell on Volcarona? Use Life Orb and Leftovers, respectively.

davidchu
1st April 2012, 4:39 PM
if fly is for ingame purposes, then i don't think that you can consider this even a 'semi competitive RMT'

i would go on kingdra: HP electric > dragon pulse
and also, two dragon types on a team isn't the best imo. i would get rid of one

i would go with an item like wise glasses on espeon instead of leftovers

team looks ok. good job!

Since Kingdra has a very poor movepool, so I think I'll switch it.
What should I switch it for though?

terrytorterra
1st April 2012, 6:04 PM
lol people are just not getting the Fiery dance are they...

Have you gotten an Alakazam set yet? I didnt see any, so I'll just post one here.

Alakazam @ Life Orb
Timid
Magic Guard
4 HP/ 252 SA/ 252 spe
- Psychic / psyshock
- Focus Blast
- Shadowball
- Grass Knot / Calm Mind / Charge Beam
.:. As Alakazam is extremely frail, I figured it would be better to let it outspeed more and have it's power patched up by the Life orb that won't damage it. STAB is STAB, psyshock is an option to be able to hit those that are specially defensive. I use it on my Latios, it's certainly not a bad move. Focus Blast+Shadowball for perfect coverage, and the last slot is just kinda whatever. Calm Mind if you are confident you can survive a hit, otherwise you could use Grass Knot for a more reliable move against rock types and SE on ground and water types that might threaten you. Charge Beam gives that 50% chance of +1 SA, which is always nice if you're already attacking them.

davidchu
1st April 2012, 8:54 PM
should I use a Slowbro instead of Kingdra and Espeon
and use a...
Gligar
Skarmory
Ferrothorn?
Something that I don't always need, but is useful in competitive

Lanik
1st April 2012, 10:34 PM
Could you give us the levels plz?

He knows that Pokémon are scaled down to level 50 in the battle subway. But why did you ask? Was it because you didn't know?

davidchu
1st April 2012, 11:26 PM
He knows that Pokémon are scaled down to level 50 in the battle subway. But why did you ask? Was it because you didn't know?

Actually, I would've added the levels, but for some poke (like Hydreigon), I wasn't done evolving yet, and the movesets were just theoretical

Aura Sensei™
1st April 2012, 11:39 PM
Gliscor @Toxic Orb
Impish Nature
-Poison Heal-
~ Earthquake
~ Protect
~ Taunt
~ Ice Fang / Aerial Ace

Or:

Ferrothorn @Leftovers
Sassy Nature
-Iron Barbs-
~ Gyro Ball
~ Power Whip
~ Leech Seed
~ Curse

Both are good candidates ;) Also,sorry about the Fiery Dance thing,I didn't notice that :p

davidchu
1st April 2012, 11:42 PM
Gliscor @Toxic Orb
Impish Nature
-Poison Heal-
~ Earthquake
~ Protect
~ Taunt
~ Ice Fang / Aerial Ace

Or:

Ferrothorn @Leftovers
Sassy Nature
-Iron Barbs-
~ Gyro Ball
~ Power Whip
~ Leech Seed
~ Curse

Both are good candidates ;) Also,sorry about the Fiery Dance thing,I didn't notice that :p

No, no, I added the Fiery Dance thing after too many ppl suggested it to me (You posted before that)
And these sets are both good, but they are my suggestions
I want to know what else (as in other pokemon, not moves) everyone thinks is better and what you would use instead if this was your team

terrytorterra
1st April 2012, 11:50 PM
Slowbro and Ferro together would provide some amazing defenses. You could also use Slowking if you wanted to cover the special end a little more.
here's one I use

Slowbro @ Leftovers
Regenerator
Bold
216 HP / 252 Def / 40 SA
- Slack Off
- Scald
- Ice Beam
- Flamethrower
.:. How the heck does this guy use Flamethrower.... beats me, but it catches people off guard :D Found this in Smogon, and she can be an absolute TANK! Recovering 1/3 HP everytiem she switches out, which is why she is the perfect pivot, switch her in to take a hit, then switch out to your counter.
Anyways, if you use Slowking, use Calm nature and 252 in SD instead of Def, otherwise, the same thing.

As for Ferro, there are so many sets out there that are viable, i think you can find one that works. I like the Toxic-Seed stall method, which works well in the subway at least.

davidchu
1st April 2012, 11:53 PM
Just got my slowpoke off entralink
He's
09/08/29/30/15/28 (according to the illegal pokecheck -.-)
and Calm.
Sorta weird combo though.
Should I evolve him into slowbro or slowking?

Aura Sensei™
2nd April 2012, 12:09 AM
Also agree.Ferro with Slowbro / Slowking is great.

Slowking @Leftovers
Sassy Nature
252 Def. 52 Sp.Def. 200 HP 6 Sp.Atk.
~ Slack Off
~ Scald
~ Flamethrower
~ Toxic

I woyuld personally run this.Toxic is just to make the sweeping process easier ;)

davidchu
2nd April 2012, 1:45 AM
Updated. Remember, I hadn't started training the pokemon in bold yet, so I can't give you the levels. The moves are just theoretical.

davidchu
3rd April 2012, 1:27 AM
I was thinking after I read the smogon version.
Maybe I should use Leech Seed/Protect on Ferrothorn instead of mainly attack

terrytorterra
3rd April 2012, 7:08 AM
Well, here is one of the sets people in the Battle Subway have used. I use it and it is absolutely a beast in the BS.
but I dunno how well it works outside...

Ferro @ leftovers
iron barbs
Sassy
252 Hp / 60 def / 192 SD
- Leech seed
- toxic
- protect
- power whip.
.:. basically, since the CPU doesnt switch, once I get them with the leech seed, they're done for. everything else kinda just falls in line: toxic for more residual damage, or go straight for the power whip if they're a little more frail, like a PoryZ. Protect allows me to heal off damage and let them slowly kill themselves (especially if their name is Altaria and they think cotton guard is going to save them :P just keep plucking away my birdie...)

Sohryu
3rd April 2012, 7:16 PM
http://pokemon.marriland.com/images/bw/sprites/front/norm/598_ferrothorn_front_norm.png
Ferrothorn@Leftovers
Sassy Nature
EV's: 216 HP| 42 Atk| 252 Sp Def
~Gyro Ball
~Curse
~Leech Seed
~Substitute
Ferrothorn have great Stats in Def and Sp Def, so he is a good user of a Subseeder set.
He have the Type and stats for it.
My EV's Spread allow you to take few damage from both Physical and Special Hits.
And since you are taking less damage from both sides, a Leftovers is probably the best item here, since it allows you to recover your HP in 15 Turns if you 216 HP EV's ^^
Also, you probably found strange only one Attacking Move on Ferro, but 4 Attacks isn't that needed. Since not is Immune to Steel, and he is a Wall, Gyro is your best bet. After a boost from Curse, his Atk and Def reachs 178 and 226 respectively, you only need 2 boost from Curse for beggining Sweeping.
Hope this helped ^^

davidchu
3rd April 2012, 11:07 PM
er...
little problem people
my ferroseed
which is an amazing
13/29/28/14/30/12
doesn't have leech seed
which is an egg move ...

terrytorterra
4th April 2012, 1:02 AM
Ouch. well then...
does it have any egg moves?

Otherwise, you could just go back to your old set, but i would let Ferro take the leftovers.

davidchu
4th April 2012, 1:26 AM
Ouch. well then...
does it have any egg moves?

Otherwise, you could just go back to your old set, but i would let Ferro take the leftovers.

I did breed it with DW Exeggutor and made it have Seed Bomb. Thought it would be good, since Ferrothorn learns Power Whip at lvl 40, which was sorta late. (did it a long time ago)

terrytorterra
4th April 2012, 1:27 AM
well then that would be an acceptable alternate to power whip ^^

Sohryu
4th April 2012, 1:33 AM
er...
little problem people
my ferroseed
which is an amazing
13/29/28/14/30/12
doesn't have leech seed
which is an egg move ...

only 13 HP IV's? Gods, thats bad -.-
If you want to use my EV's, i will need to remade the EV's, since i usually assume 31 IV's.
Also, you can get Power Whip Instead of Leech Seed ^^

davidchu
7th April 2012, 5:57 AM
Updated my team with Golurk instead of Ferrothorn. Rate please ^^

Ana_Julía
7th April 2012, 4:53 PM
http://www.serebii.net/blackwhite/pokemon/623.png
Golurk@Leftovers
-Iron Fist-
EV's: 252 Atk| 120 HP| 138 Def
~Substitute
~Focus Punch/Earthquake
~Shadow Punch
~Stone-Edge/Rock Polish
SubPunch Golurk. He usually OHKO anything if he manage to get a Substitute and Proceed with Focus Punch. You can run Rock Polish for helping him outspeed and use Focus Punch first, before they do anything to harm him. If you don't like SubPunch Golurk, go with the other moves i posted ^^
Good luck, friend...

davidchu
15th April 2012, 5:14 AM
http://www.serebii.net/blackwhite/pokemon/623.png
Golurk@Leftovers
-Iron Fist-
EV's: 252 Atk| 120 HP| 138 Def
~Substitute
~Focus Punch/Earthquake
~Shadow Punch
~Stone-Edge/Rock Polish
SubPunch Golurk. He usually OHKO anything if he manage to get a Substitute and Proceed with Focus Punch. You can run Rock Polish for helping him outspeed and use Focus Punch first, before they do anything to harm him. If you don't like SubPunch Golurk, go with the other moves i posted ^^
Good luck, friend...

I don't really like substitute that much
usually it breaks before I get to do anything.
BTW, i was thinking of replacing my mienshao
it has really good coverage and speed, but when it comes to 1HKOing, it isn't so great. Bouffalant always stops it then just head charges and mienshao dies.
Any suggestions?
I have a tyrogue with mach punch, a lucario, and a gallade, but anything's fine really

Ana_Julía
15th April 2012, 4:20 PM
http://www.serebii.net/blackwhite/pokemon/237.png

Hitmontop@leftovers
Adamant Nature
EV's: 194 HP| 126 Def| 108 Sp Def| 82 Atk
~Rapid Spin
~Foresight
~Hi Jump Kick
~Sucker Punch/Rock Slide
Thats your Rapid Spinner. He Spin away Entry Hazards Damage, allowing your team to switch freely. Your Volcarona can switch only 4 times with Stealth Rock Damage. Hi Jump kick is his STAB, it doens't have Perfect accuracy, but 90 accuracy is very fine. Foresight allows Hitmontop to hit everything! And you can spin away Stealth Rock and Spikes even if your oponent is a Ghost. Taunt users gonna be a problem, Sucker punch or Rock Slide for showing them who you are! xD
Hope this helps. All the best, Ana

davidchu
17th April 2012, 2:06 AM
Thanks.
I updated my team with my version of Hitmontop.

terrytorterra
17th April 2012, 4:39 AM
Hitmontop can also learn Fake Out and Bullet Punch, making it a great lead and revenge killer.

And Volcarona can only switch in twice. its 4x weak to rock though.

chap196
17th April 2012, 11:47 AM
For Hitmontop
Use Fake Out instead of Arieal Ace because Fake Out give you a free Attack, even though Arieal Ace has more coverage, but the base power of Fake Out will become 60 because of Technician, also put Bullet Punch instead of Low Sweep for more coverage and you already have Mach Punch as your fighting move, also it help you to sweep your opponent more easier. Life Orb instead of Shell Bell for more chance to OHKO your opponent with Hitmontop's speed priority move.
Hope this help

davidchu
17th April 2012, 9:45 PM
For Hitmontop
Use Fake Out instead of Arieal Ace because Fake Out give you a free Attack, even though Arieal Ace has more coverage, but the base power of Fake Out will become 60 because of Technician, also put Bullet Punch instead of Low Sweep for more coverage and you already have Mach Punch as your fighting move, also it help you to sweep your opponent more easier. Life Orb instead of Shell Bell for more chance to OHKO your opponent with Hitmontop's speed priority move.
Hope this help

So I'll use ultra priority Hitmontop as in
Hitmontop @Life Orb
- Bulk Up
- Fake Out
- Bullet Punch
- Mach Punch
Like this? I don't think this set will work so great with everything's power being 60 here.

Throh would be nice too, because it's also very bulky, and will be crazy with my dual screens.

chap196
18th April 2012, 2:45 AM
If you don't want all the priority move, then you should put Low Sweep instead of Mach Punch for more power, but Fake Out was the move that you need to put for Hitmontop because it give a free Attack and Technician will boost Fake Out base power to 60.
Hope this help

davidchu
18th April 2012, 2:54 AM
If you don't want all the priority move, then you should put Low Sweep instead of Mach Punch for more power, but Fake Out was the move that you need to put for Hitmontop because it give a free Attack and Technician will boost Fake Out base power to 60.
Hope this help

And bullet punch?

chap196
18th April 2012, 3:02 AM
Bullet Punch for a speed priority move other than Fake Out, also it give more coverage and gain base power from Technician. Hitmontop is slow (not that slow), so speed priority move would be useful for Hitmontop.

davidchu
18th April 2012, 3:22 AM
Bullet Punch for a speed priority move other than Fake Out, also it give more coverage and gain base power from Technician. Hitmontop is slow (not that slow), so speed priority move would be useful for Hitmontop.

But Low Sweep can = after this move, everything becomes a priority move unless the opponent is too fast (and it has 90 power due to Technician)

chap196
18th April 2012, 3:33 AM
OK I agree with that, just put arieal ace if you don't like Bullet Punch because it give more coverage and get a Technician boost, only one speed priority move that Hitmontop need is Fake Out, just when Hitmontop was sent put then you should start the first move with Fake Out if your opponent is not a ghost type Pokemon.
Hope this help