PDA

View Full Version : mono-type normal team

the3rdH0kage
2nd April 2012, 3:28 PM
Hey this is my 2nd posting for RMT. This is a mono-type team (obviosly). It is all normal with most of the pokemon having a second type. This is a team I made on PO but if it gets enough good comments I going to make it on my White Version.

Porygon Z@Leftovers
Hardy Nature (I really didnt mess with natures)
EV Spread 252Sp.Att/252 Speed/4 Att
Moves.
Discharge
Thunder
Psychic
Ice Beam

Staraptor@Leftovers
Hardy
EV Spread 252 Def/252 Speed/4 Att
Moves.
Close Combat
Brave Bird
Heat Wave
Steel Wing

Ursarang@King's Rock
Hardy Nature
EV Spread 252 Def/252 Sp/4 SP.Att
Moves.
ThunderPunch
Seismic Toss
Ice Punch
Earthquake

Snorlax@King's Rock
Hardy Nature
EV Spread 252 Att/ 252 Def/ 4 Sp
Moves
Thunderpunch
Ice Punch
Surf
Superpower

Sawsbuck-Winter@Leftovers
Hardy Nature
EV Spread 52 Att/252Speed/4 Hp
Moves.
GrassWhistle
MegaHorn
Wild Charge
Jump Kick

Exploud@Leftovers
Hardy Nature
EV Spread252 HP/252Sp/4Def
Moves.
Blizzard
Earthquake
DynamichPunch
Flamethrower
Comment with help/ suggestions

LightningRevolver
2nd April 2012, 3:48 PM
Hey this is my 2nd posting for RMT. This is a mono-type team (obviosly). It is all normal with most of the pokemon having a second type. This is a team I made on PO but if it gets enough good comments I going to make it on my White Version.

Porygon Z@Leftovers
Hardy Nature (I really didnt mess with natures)
EV Spread 252Sp.Att/252 Speed/4 Att
Moves.
Discharge
Shadow Ball/Hyper Beam
Psychic
Ice Beam

This looks good but why have Thunder when you have Discharge?

Staraptor@Leftovers
Hardy
EV Spread 252 Def/252 Speed/4 Att
Moves.
Close Combat
Brave Bird
Heat Wave/Facade or Return for STAB
Steel Wing

Staraptor's Sp. Attack sucks so why use Heatwave?

Ursarang@King's Rock
Hardy Nature
EV Spread 252 Def/252 Sp/4 SP.Att
Moves.
ThunderPunch
Seismic Toss
Ice Punch
Earthquake

S.O.L.I.D

Snorlax@King's Rock
Hardy Nature
EV Spread 252 Att/ 252 Def/ 4 Sp
Moves
Thunderpunch
Ice Punch
Surf/Wild Charge
Superpower

Again... Snorlax also sucks at Sp. Attack

Sawsbuck-Winter@Leftovers
Hardy Nature
EV Spread 52 Att/252Speed/4 Hp
Moves.
GrassWhistle
MegaHorn
Wild Charge
Jump Kick

S.O.L.I.D

Exploud@Leftovers
Hardy Nature
EV Spread252 HP/252Sp/4Def
Moves.
Blizzard
Earthquake
DynamichPunch
Flamethrower
Comment with help/ suggestions

I guess this is OKAY.

I'm just a newb at this so sorry for anything wrong I said. Hope this Helps.

the3rdH0kage
2nd April 2012, 4:28 PM
k thx for the help. I'll be posting another team soon.

Not_A_Cyberbully
2nd April 2012, 4:31 PM
Get Natures! They can really help make a difference.

LightningRevolver
2nd April 2012, 4:33 PM
Get Natures! They can really help make a difference.

Neutral natures really help mixed attackers like his Exploud ya'know?

Not_A_Cyberbully
2nd April 2012, 4:35 PM
Neutral natures really help mixed attackers like his Exploud ya'know?

I know that. But 5 members of his team can be more useful if they have natures.

the3rdH0kage
2nd April 2012, 4:36 PM
ok ill be postin the team when i get back i have to go run some errands then when i get back ill be posting

snivy trainer
2nd April 2012, 5:03 PM
The nature thing isn't specifically true. For Exploud for example, you could run Rash or Mild, which boosts the special attack but lowers the defences. Your team has a lot of Kings Rock. It isn't needed. You said you were using PO, right?

Staraptor@ Choice Band
Jolly|Reckless
252 Atk / 252 Spe / 4 HP
~Brave Bird
~Double Edge
~Close Combat
~Quick Attack

Porygon Z @Expert Belt
Modest|Trace
252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 Spe
~Discharge/Thunderbolt
~Ice Beam
~Tri Attack
~Nasty Plot

Snorlax @Leftovers
Brave|Thick Fat
252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def
~Body Slam
~Earthquake
~Crunch
~Bulk Up

Ursuring@ Flame Orb
Adamant|Guts
252 Atk / 252 Spe / 4 HP
~Facade
~Earthquake
~Shadow Claw
~Ice Punch

Exploud@ Leftovers
Mild/Rash|Soundproof
252 HP / 128 SpA / 128 Atk
~Return
~Brick Break
~Earthquake
~Crunch

Sawsbuck@ Life Orb
Adamant|Chlorophyll
252 Atk / 252 Spe / 4 HP
~Horn Leech
~Jump Kick
~Wild Charge
~Swords Dance

Sohryu
2nd April 2012, 6:39 PM
http://www.serebii.net/blackwhite/pokemon/143.png
Snorlax@Leftovers/Muscle band
~Earthquake
~Ice punch/Rock Slide
~Body Slam/Return
~Curse
Earthquake is for dealing with Steel, Rock, and Fire types, that walls your STAB. Ice punch deals with Flying, Ground and Dragons that Earthquakes tends to miss or don't do SE damage. Body Slam is a preffered STAB, because it have a nice 30% Of chance to paralyze the oponent, or you can use Return if you preffer more power. Curse is for making Sweeping more easy, since it raises your Atk and Def. Hope this helped ^^

the3rdH0kage
2nd April 2012, 6:52 PM
it will help when i get back on PO thx

snivy trainer
2nd April 2012, 7:00 PM
No prob. It looks good, but I doubt you'll beat my water team! For the tourney.

terrytorterra
2nd April 2012, 10:17 PM
I don't understand why none of your Pokemon have Return as a STAB move. It's one of the most powerful attacks in the game at max happiness, reaching a huge 102 base power, without STAB.

- Wise Glasses or Choice specs over leftovers on PoryZ, as it's not meant to being bulky like Pory2 is. Tri Attack over Thunder and Thunderbolt over Discharge. 2 non-STAB electric types moves are not necessary on the same set. Preferably Adaptability as the ability.

- Life Orb on Staraptor to increase power. It's meant to be very offensively oriented, so move the defense EVs to attack, and jolly as a nature. Don't want heat wave cuz it's a special attack; replace that with U turn to let you change to a better counter in the middle of the battle while dealing damage. Lastly, Steel Wing should be replaced by either Double Edge if you can get Reckless ability, or Quick Attack to use as a STAB priority.

- Ursaring wants Return real bad. If not, then at least Slash for a chance to crit. It should replace Thunder Punch, as water types can be taken care of by Sawsbuck who gets the STAB on grass type, and flying types cant dent Snorlax. Not sure what the 4 EVs in special attack are for, should move them to attack or even just go with jolly nature and 252 attack 252 speed, and Choice Band or Scarf for item.

- Sawsbuck also wants the Return, or if you can, Double Edge for boosted power. He should also get Life Orb, or Big root. Also a STAB Horn Leech to recover HP is always good, you should put that over Jump Kick as Snorlax and Ursaring can easily handle steel types and what not. I suggest Swords dance over grasswhistle, cuz I think more power to sweep is better than a sleeping opponent, but thats up to you.

Thats all for now, but the lack of STABs is really what bugs me.

Archstaraptor
2nd April 2012, 11:26 PM
Never seen a defensive Staraptor before!
Try investing EVs into Sp.defence instead of defence if using intimidate-The majority of your problems will come from fast electric,ice and water types.
Heatwave:
Love this move-this can be great if you're lucky with the burn.I've crippled an 3 opponents by using a combination of intimidate and 3 burns :D
It's something fun,but if you're playing competitive it's a bit of a risk: outside of this team you could use the Fire/Water pledge combo to boost your chances,but for me it's definitely earned a place in my Staraptor's set because of the potential.

Where are the abilities? They'd be useful to know-Adaptability Porygon-Z would use Tri-attack much more effectively than HyperBeam.The additional chance of status is always a plus.

All in all,it's a great team,and you only really need to be worried about speed invested fighting types :)

the3rdH0kage
3rd April 2012, 1:11 AM
ok thx ill bge posting my other big team that i use in about 10 minutes so yeah check it out

the3rdH0kage
5th April 2012, 3:29 AM
I was thinking couldnt I invest 252 Sp/ 126 Def/126 Sp.Def/4 Hp on Staraptor that would help cover the weaknesses of electric, ice and fighting.

Archstaraptor
5th April 2012, 8:22 PM
I was thinking couldnt I invest 252 Sp/ 126 Def/126 Sp.Def/4 Hp on Staraptor that would help cover the weaknesses of electric, ice and fighting.

That might help you take a hit,which may be handy.Unfortunately,you'll still be taking a lot of damage from Brave Bird's recoil-it may not be worth it,since an electric type etc could switch in after taking prior damage.
Besides,Staraptor's base defences are pretty dull anyway,so you'd be lucky to take a thunderbolt or two even defence EV investment:I personally don't see it working too well.