PDA

View Full Version : Have you had any luck with the GTS negotiations?

Shiny Rokon
4th April 2012, 11:53 AM
What experiences have you had with the GTS negotiations?

ShinyLord
4th April 2012, 9:28 PM
Got lucky last year when I received a female Japanese dream world Vulpix! Only had to trade something common. Came in very handy when I later bred my shiny drought vulpix :D

Winter02
4th April 2012, 9:48 PM
I have given away a few shinies to people who wanted them, more or less.
Otherwise not much. I got a hacked Porygon-Z once, which wasn't very thrilling.

Aquarelle
4th April 2012, 10:42 PM
I haven't had any luck with the GTS negotiations. I've tried it a few times, but each time ended with the other person disconnecting/quitting before we traded any Pokemon. It doesn't really matter to me though, since I can get pretty much any Pokemon I want by trading with myself.

doseljugo
4th April 2012, 11:05 PM
Yes. I don't have the means to transfer my Gen 4 Pokemon to Black White so I am surprised how well I have done with just the Pokemon I got from Black. Everything clicked once someone took pity on me and gave me a Zorua which I breeded the hell out of.

Other notable Pokemon I have received through negotiated trades have been a couple of legends and "rare" pokemon like Milotic, Groudon, Rayquaza, Kyogre, shiny Vulpix (traded for->) shiny Lucario (traded for->) shiny Lugia, shiny Porygon Z (looks legit :)), shiny Mamoswine, shiny Clefairy (traded for Porygon Z shiny).

I think I gave Unova legends for most of those which I promptly restocked by depositing a Zoroark I leveled up in the GTS. :)

Most of these came before I got on this site and people showed me their legend for the dex entrees and for the ability to search them out in the GTS myself.

Nebbio
4th April 2012, 11:13 PM
I use it to get legendries from other gens. I get sick of people asking for "COLOUR CHANGE" Pokemon then show you a bunch of lvl 100 shinies. and here i am with a shiny Woobat...

ChloboShoka
4th April 2012, 11:33 PM
I got a zekrom, level 100 audino, level 80 eevee from there.

Cuore
5th April 2012, 12:32 AM
I've done relatively well. I've been trying to get a female Eevee, but my day-care keeps cranking out males so I hatch them and just put them up on the GTS for little things i'm missing like starters, powerful Pokemon, etc.

Though this was in HGSS, I put up a level 1 Eevee, spawned from the useless one Bill gives you, and got a level 100 Dragonite. Post-E4 Kanto was a total curbstomp.

Vandslaux
5th April 2012, 1:18 AM
They usually DC, though I've given away a shiny Jellicent for a Kanghaskhan. And, sadly, a Charizard caught in a Master Ball from Johto for.. I can't remember.

Indigoodra
5th April 2012, 1:20 AM
The best I've gotten was a Panpour.

Nothing special, but it was good since my starter was Osha and I then wouldn't have to hunt tall grass as much ;3

Snigeln
5th April 2012, 3:23 PM
I got a couple of dex entries from there.
Also when i started playing white i found all the other starters for a quite reasonable offer. :D

Geog112
5th April 2012, 4:38 PM
I got a Dialga for an Altaria yesterday which I was very pleased with!

Dancing Togekiss
5th April 2012, 5:15 PM
I have horrible luck on the GTS negotiations. Everyone is always spamming unhappy faces no matter what I show them. It seems to me all they want is legendaries or to show off their hacked pokemon.

xXWhiteRayquazaXx
6th April 2012, 4:01 PM
oh yeah! a couple weeks ago, i found a guy who gave me a shiny landorus, but i traded it so i could get a raquaza. (im trying to get like 20)

KimmyC
7th April 2012, 2:09 AM
I've only gotten a Pikachu and a few Pre Gen Starters on the GTS negotiations. I don't bother with is much because I usually get jerks who show off their shinies and then take them back.

Serenna
7th April 2012, 3:02 AM
I did get a Japanese Frillish for breeding. I forgot what I gave up for it but it wasn't anything major. Just something that I can get in-game.

LightningRevolver
7th April 2012, 4:46 AM
Never because of error code 86420...

wingman32x
7th April 2012, 5:56 AM
I've done okay with Negotiations. It's pretty good for obtaining pokemon you haven't seen and other normal poke trades.

Look elsewhere for shinies, though. I've only had about a 15-30% success rate with shinies. There's a very high chance of at least something being wrong with it. In my experience, it's usually the PID. If you do look for shinies, make sure you offer only what you want to part with. DON'T go out of your way to get a shiny on there, no matter how legit it looks.

LittleMunchlax
7th April 2012, 8:09 PM
negotiatans have been so-so. I would recieve some good trade(so far I've gotton all but one of the starters from all over) but other times people just show off-Like the other day I swear I never saw so many shiny porygon-Z's I ****ing hate looking at them now, damn AR abusers!

Dangertrout
7th April 2012, 8:15 PM
I stopped using GTS negotiations ages ago. No matter what I did, I somehow always got a partner who wanted nothing less than level 100 legends >.< So I stick to the regular GTS now.
What I really wish they had was a custom search that let you search for what people want. Like "hmm, I have 100 leftover bulbasaurs... let's see who needs one" Now THAT would be useful. think of all the people I could help every time I fail at MMing a shiny!! :p

TeamRocketGrunt
7th April 2012, 8:26 PM
I trade with other breeders Lv 9 and under.Its good

AWB
7th April 2012, 9:13 PM
I haven't had a trade with the Negotiations because people always disconnect. I DO do well at just the original GTS, though.

32er
7th April 2012, 11:49 PM
Nah, everyone either disconnects or asks for level 100 legendaries.
As long as I narrow the search at the regular GTS, I don't get TOO many hacked Pokes in regular GTS so I stick w/ that.

Archangel Armada
8th April 2012, 6:10 AM
Nop! I got one of those Shiny hacked porygons for a raichu.... Gah!! DX

Cute
8th April 2012, 4:28 PM
I've gotten a lot of decent pokemon from negotiations imo. A lot of Japanese pokemon including a Japanese Landorus and Japanese dittos... And basically pokemon that I don't have to fill up my pokedex....

Pokemonpal7
8th April 2012, 4:35 PM
I love GTS Negos. I got a Lvl100 Ns Castle Reshiram for a Smeargle from Route 5!

~EternalDarkness~
9th April 2012, 10:23 AM
It's usually a hit or miss, but I have managed to get legit shiny Cofagrigus and Sudowoodo on there.

DiamondClass
9th April 2012, 5:43 PM
I usually get a lot of non-legit pokemon, but overall it's difficult to get something you really want.

SuperPichu
20th June 2012, 7:19 PM
A Lv.1 Phione for a Lv.100 Rayquaza. Seems legit, caught in an Ultra Ball which is what I would use, from Hoenn and it knows Dragon Pulse, Thunderbolt, Flamethrower and Energy Ball and Rayquaza can learn all of those. I'm assuming he didn't have the Ranger Games or Manaphy.

Dragalge
20th June 2012, 9:27 PM
It was great in the GTS Negotiations, managed to get a japanese Durant for my Masuda Method run.

WishIhadaManafi5
20th June 2012, 10:01 PM
Best luck I had on there was a Mewtwo I got :). Other than that, not so much :(. Everyone dc'ing and all that. I hardly go on there anymore.

Pokemonpal7
20th June 2012, 10:17 PM
I got a nice Shiny Yanmega for a Mesprit, which was nice.

Siebold
20th June 2012, 10:27 PM
Well, I had a good/bad trade. I traded someone my Suicune for a Buneary but someone from italy wanted a buneary for thier foreign ditto which I needed for mm'ing so I pretend I traded the suicune for the ditto not the buneary.

Reamer182
21st June 2012, 6:04 AM
i am not a fan of negotiations no one ever wants to trade anything its always a pain trying to find something the other wants

MusicMan
21st June 2012, 8:38 AM
Nope Still Couldn't Fin Someone .. They Always Have Everything and Anything I Show To Them They Have It ....

Summer of the Vulpix
21st June 2012, 8:55 AM
I haven't had good luck with the negotiations yet, trying to transfer some from my hg right now in hopes of a deal.

pikadon92
21st June 2012, 12:26 PM
Well I got myself a shiny tangela once. But I prefer the original GTS trade.

DragonChampMorgan
21st June 2012, 6:08 PM
I like the GTSN but I don't at the same time. I recently got a hatched shiny Trapinch, shiny Lucario, and shiny Simisage there. They are all hatched, so I'm asuming they're legit, I hope. Though I trade off hacks that I get there for a simple pokemon i want to train. And yeah, I'm also tired of those shiny Porygon Zs. I also don't like getting legendaries. I have them all but the obvious. So I actually have some luck going there :)

Seles
21st June 2012, 7:38 PM
No,sadly.I've tried a hand full of times,but no luck ;_;

2rsa
21st June 2012, 8:20 PM
I had a good run a few minutes ago.^-^
I god a japanese female Eevee and a japanese male Cynda!
I also got a male Charmander in another trade.

heracrosstrainer635
22nd June 2012, 12:49 AM
I remember last year, when i was stuck on the last gym. I went to the GTS negotiations and got a lv. 50 Solrock in exchange for a whimsicott. I was so freaking happy!

destinydude000
22nd June 2012, 10:32 AM
some of 'em think we're stupid.
they give a common pokemon and expect us to trade it with a legendary pokemon.
but some aren't so bad ,since I collect starters and legendaries, I've collected most of my collection with GTS negotiations!

cupofchuck
22nd June 2012, 6:33 PM
I got most of my old starters from negations, but nothing else worth while.

CorkaCola
23rd June 2012, 3:14 AM
Either you get the noobs who do not hav enough Pokemon to trade or you get uber collectors who have multiple legendaries and expect the same in return...The system was a good innovation, but it needs major revisions.

☭Secret_Shocker☭
23rd June 2012, 7:02 AM
I got a Salamence for a Sentret. One in a million chance.

Zoruagible
23rd June 2012, 3:01 PM
I traded version exclusives like Ghothi and Solosis for Gible and starters

SS_Append
23rd June 2012, 5:21 PM
Got a couple of lucky Shiny Flawless with EMs and positive nature, as well as many foreign DW Events.

Kninja22
23rd June 2012, 5:38 PM
Its been pretty good,I got tons of shiny lvl Reshirams with Sacred Fire Aeroblast Sheer cold and Fissure.

Lord Fighting
23rd June 2012, 5:42 PM
I got a Lv.100 Darkrai for a Groudon.

cannibaleyes
23rd June 2012, 6:21 PM
I give out my RNGed pokemon for random stuff on GTS Negociations. Depends on my mood and how much I like the other person. If they seem grateful/legit, then I'm usually pretty generous.

As for the people who have all level 100 (usually hacked) shinies and will accept nothing less.. I flash them my shiny Ho-oh and disconnect. =P

PerishCount
23rd June 2012, 6:50 PM
I got a lv. 100 shiny Rayquaza, and a lv. 100 shiny Porygon-Z. :3

Kninja22
25th June 2012, 2:16 AM
Everyone and their mom has a shiny porygon Z lvl 100,dunno why people love to hack it.

Atomicial
25th June 2012, 5:29 AM
I remember at one point I put a level 36 Samurott up for trade, just to see if I could possibly get other starter pokemon. For some reason the guy decided to trade for it, putting up his level 43 Thundurus up for trade. (o_o; )

Why he did it? Still can't figure out that one. It wasn't like it was a freebie, because he was a new trader like me and was picky about other stuff he wanted from me. But hey, who was I to resist it? I needed my Landorus anyway. (^.^)

TheBattleFrontierAsh1
29th June 2012, 8:07 PM
There was one time, where I managed to obtain a Zorua which is kinda hard to get without getting the crown beasts event, or the special Celebi.

ShinyZorua28
29th June 2012, 10:54 PM
The first time I used GTS I was able to get a Reshiram for a slugma.

nekomi
12th July 2012, 9:45 PM
I just got an Imposter Ditto and all the other person wanted was a patrat. :)

WishIhadaManafi5
12th July 2012, 9:59 PM
some of 'em think we're stupid.
they give a common pokemon and expect us to trade it with a legendary pokemon.
but some aren't so bad ,since I collect starters and legendaries, I've collected most of my collection with GTS negotiations!

Gah. I hate when that happens. I put up something halfway decent and then they put up crap -_-. Drives me nuts. Had that happen once, not for a legendary, but for a Vaporeon... I put it up for trade by mistake... didn't want to trade it... the guy put up a good Pokémon that I wanted... but he kept on asking for the dang Vaporeon... so good bye trade :(.

Zecaomes
12th July 2012, 11:27 PM
Most of the time it's noobs or hackers, but sometimes you can manage to get a good trade. I got a Cyndaquil, a Treecko, a Whismur, an Aron and a Tornadus.

AxelWolf
15th July 2012, 12:25 PM
I am really begin to hate the negotiations very much right now since close to 60 other players I had to disconnect in a row due to them offering trades like level 100 shiny legendaries that there is no way I can match what they are offering, hacked Pokemon, Pokemon I already have or contstantly giving me the :( sign on every Pokemon I try to offer.

Patri25
15th July 2012, 1:44 PM
I got a zoroak lv. 100 shiny, moltres lv. 100 , marril female with sap sipper and a shiny glaceon

judgeyrocks
15th July 2012, 6:33 PM
I hardly ever use GTS negotations only normal GTS, i did get a squritle though :)

TeamGalacticMars
15th July 2012, 6:53 PM
I have not ever any luck... Mabe one or two time though!

Willy.lee
17th July 2012, 4:17 AM
those wackos gave me a suwoodo for a zekrom!!!!! :( :( :( i thought i said i wanted a blaziken :( :(

Mr.FusRoDah
23rd July 2012, 5:15 AM
I got two shinies for baby pokemon, it was rather sweet

PinKunoichi
23rd July 2012, 6:26 PM
I've had lots of luck on it. I've gotten most of the legendaries through it, and some Pokemon I haven't seen yet for my dex. Sure I've gotten hacked Pokemon, but I trade those again for genuine shiny's and Pokemon I wanted or needed. For example, a Lv. 100 shiny Charizard that was obviously hacked, for a shiny Lv. 65 Mightyena that travel through time from Hoenn. It even has a Hall of Fame ribbon from when it was on that game. I'm gonna get it even stronger so it can be a champion once again.

Shinluxray348
23rd July 2012, 8:05 PM
I once got a dream world eevee for like a seismitoad or something. I guess they really like frogs :P

mario_fan
24th July 2012, 2:17 AM
The GTS isn't as crazy as everyone says it is, sure it has thousands of dumb trade requests but it doesn't mean that its impossible to undergo a serious trade. I for one have had luck with the GTS I once got a Japanese Ditto for a regular Ditto I even got a Japanese Archen for a Kabuto. IMO I believe its better to make a request yourself as opposed to searching through the entire GTS.

Redphienix
24th July 2012, 2:35 AM
Standard GTS-
Yes.
I've used it very well to raise my collection thus far, maybe 3 hacks over the course of my standard GTS career and all three re-traded for legit gold :D

Negotiations-
Yes, though in a lesser amount. I abused it for filling my dex out and after that I cleared any hacks (which were a couple such as that Shiny Porygon Z that's everywhere).

Yeah the system is filled with stupid impossible trades, and negotiations has no middle ground between newbie and collection crazed individual- but I've made my initial 'money' from using them and now can grow a lot faster because I used them in the past :3

GreatGonzales
24th July 2012, 8:17 PM
I believe the only valuable thing I recieved was a shiny japanese kyogre.

I believe in my first trade in gave away a lv 80 giratina that I absolutely loved..... for a shiny porygon z. I still regret that idiotic trade, and I feel stupid whenever it comes to mind.

It's absolutely ridiculous when you do the request thing, almost every single time people wanted a lv 1 reshiram or zekrom, it really pissed me off.

Oh and yes, why are shiny porygon-z's everywhere?

Dragalge
24th July 2012, 8:29 PM
I believe the only valuable thing I recieved was a shiny japanese kyogre.

I believe in my first trade in gave away a lv 80 giratina that I absolutely loved..... for a shiny porygon z. I still regret that idiotic trade, and I feel stupid whenever it comes to mind.

It's absolutely ridiculous when you do the request thing, almost every single time people wanted a lv 1 reshiram or zekrom, it really pissed me off.

Oh and yes, why are shiny porygon-z's everywhere?

A hacker managed to make cloned Porygon-Z that looked like they came from an event.

Matoro
25th July 2012, 1:54 AM
Heck yea I've been successful. Just found an idiot who would accept anything if it looked good, so all I would do was give him things that looked powerful but I could get another of, and he gave me some great schtuff in return, although none was amazing.

nekomi
25th July 2012, 1:16 PM
Either you get the noobs who do not hav enough Pokemon to trade or you get uber collectors who have multiple legendaries and expect the same in return...The system was a good innovation, but it needs major revisions.

I agree.

I've had it with GTS negotiations. People are always trying to trade you useless junk.

I think a few good things to add to it would be to let others see the description of where they met the Pokemon and the OT.

nekomi
25th July 2012, 1:22 PM
I give out my RNGed pokemon for random stuff on GTS Negociations. Depends on my mood and how much I like the other person. If they seem grateful/legit, then I'm usually pretty generous.

As for the people who have all level 100 (usually hacked) shinies and will accept nothing less.. I flash them my shiny Ho-oh and disconnect. =P

Lol. Some people are so unreasonable. I show them my shiny Virizion and I disconnect. :D

Anarnee
25th July 2012, 2:15 PM
I only just started using it (more like just figured out about it... OTL)

I think I've been doing pretty well... I was terrify that maybe I traded for a hacked Japanese Natu and a Hacked LV 100 Japanese Kyurem with a life orb... but they seem legitimate.

I thought the Natu was hacked because it said met at Route 5... but it turns out you can get them on route five in BW2 as a swarm.

I've had my most luck with Japanese trainers crazy early in the morning. I got a Zorua, Japanese Dratini, Japanese Eevee (omg *crosses fingers* Maybe I'll breed a shiny). Though I did get a Squirtle, Quilava and Chimchar from some nice US people.

WishIhadaManafi5
25th July 2012, 9:17 PM
Yea I really don't like when people have those kinds of shinies or who try to only get rare Pokemon. Heck I've been running into so many disconnectors that I'm just sick and tired of GTS negotiations. It's like negotiating with a hole in the head. Been trying to get either a Chansey, Magmar or an Electabuzz, and I've had no luck. Yes I don't have rares that I can trade, but geez, it's not like I'm trying to rip other people off either :(. It's a right pain in the butt.

Also I got one of those shiny Porygon-Z's, deleted it, but I didn't mind it too much since it made said Pokemon show up in my games Pokedex :).

ImAnOKIE12
29th July 2012, 6:45 AM
Not really. someone did this would show shiny meganium, totodile, and quilava. then right when i hit selected they pick crap pokes like patrat and cryoganl

DarthGalm
29th July 2012, 6:48 PM
My question is: why someone who hacks needs to trade pokemons? He could have any pokemon he wants, why trading? If it's a favour to another person, I could understand (like a shiny legendary for a patrat, just to do some "charity"), but why would one trade hacked pokemons in the first place?
Anyway I had some luck getting some interesting pokemons (like zorua, eevee, Unova starters I didn't have, etc...), but most people you meet have ridicolous requests: they show you a panpour (yes, uncommon but not that rare), and they don't accept anything for it.
But the people I hate more are those who show you lvl. 100 pokemons, shinies, legendaries, when my signature clearly says "I would like to trade X" or "No Rare"...
Also, I hate that you can't ask for a pokemon you didn't see. If you want a specific legendary, like a Kyogre, how do you say that?

WishIhadaManafi5
30th July 2012, 8:03 PM
Yea I hate that as well. It's a pain trying to get ahold of some Pokemon due to it. Had a little luck last night though :), got a Flygon for a Crobat. So that turned out ok.

@ Imanokie12: Had that happen too :(. They'd put up something I'm interested in, and then try the old switcheroo. When I run into that, I'm like: 'no go' and I disconnect.

Exeggudork
31st July 2012, 6:59 AM
i haven't had much luck at all. i find the trade forums on here to be much more helpful

Princess Raspberyl
31st July 2012, 7:02 AM
Fairly good luck I guess. Got an Phoine while I traded an level 1 Torchic and a Thunderus while I traded an level 1 Cyndaquil, so pretty good luck I guess? :P

greatguy
31st July 2012, 7:06 AM
I have recieved a Rattata with illegal IVs, a Jynx with illegal IVs and EVs over one thousand, and a shiny Victini that knew Hydro Pump.

'Nuff said.

White_Roar~
31st July 2012, 7:22 AM
I get tooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!! many NON-HACK! shinies on GTS Negotiations! It's like they're not even rare. XD

Exeggudork
1st August 2012, 8:54 PM
i went back on to see if i found any good pokemon on there and i found some black exclusives. and guess what?... they didn't want a lvl.9 zekrom in return.

deathgaze560
1st August 2012, 9:07 PM
lol a few months after B/W was released, if you had zorua, you could get a lot of stuff in negotiations. So I breeded Zorua like crazy, and I got a lot of starters, and a phione =) .

AmaNoGawa
1st August 2012, 10:26 PM
I've been looking on the GTS and I can't find anyone that ISN'T looking for a lv. 9 and under Reshiram or Zekrom!!

crazyaxew
3rd August 2012, 8:28 PM
I use GTS negotiations because I find it thrilling to trade with people from Japan and everywhere else where I will never visit. I think it's cool getting a Japanese pokemon because you can use it while doing MM to increase the chances of a shiny. The best I have ever gotten was a Flygon for a shiny Weavile. I don't even remember where I got the Trapinch I evolved it from, probably another trade. But I think it's fun.

Ribemba
4th August 2012, 2:18 AM
i left an entei for raikou.... ireceived a shiny raikou!!!!!

cool123
4th August 2012, 12:47 PM
You can't really tell if you get a legit pokemon or not in the gts they can make it look legit. But the best I got is a hopefully legit Audino level 100 and aerodactyl level 100

bolter1
5th August 2012, 1:29 AM
I've become very annoyed with the GTS Negotiations. Everyone just wants to spam the unhappy face and have absolutely no regard for the level bracket I chose. No I'm not going to be able to trade you anything for a level 100 Arceus since we're in the Level 1 to 49 bracket which means I don't want to trade any pokemon over level 49!

vasu98
5th August 2012, 7:49 PM
I got Giratina lv 1, Dream Radar Dialga, B2/W2 Latias and Heatran from GTS Negotiations last week:D

Earthia100
5th August 2012, 11:05 PM
Some idiot from Japan tried to trade an oh-so-very-hacked shiny Zekrom. Good thing when I accidentally pushed "trade" it said that the other player's Pokemon were not able to be traded. Whew.

Then some Random German Guy just showed me his shiny collection and left.

My sister however, is now MMing Mudkips. She also picked up some Johto starters and a Gible for a few of the Pokemon I gave her via Poketranfer.

WishIhadaManafi5
6th August 2012, 6:44 PM
I've become very annoyed with the GTS Negotiations. Everyone just wants to spam the unhappy face and have absolutely no regard for the level bracket I chose. No I'm not going to be able to trade you anything for a level 100 Arceus since we're in the Level 1 to 49 bracket which means I don't want to trade any pokemon over level 49!

I hate that as well. I do my best in terms of what I can trade... and a lot of times I get spammed by the unhappy face or someone shows off their high level stuff etc. It gets old fast.

Darkazure
6th August 2012, 6:49 PM
I hate that as well. I do my best in terms of what I can trade... and a lot of times I get spammed by the unhappy face or someone shows off their high level stuff etc. It gets old fast.
Same here, before I signed up here I was collecting all the starters and people were trying to pass on obvious hacks to me.I don;t judge people for using them but I just like clean trades you know?

~Sam~
6th August 2012, 6:49 PM
i have gotten i think 3 legit shiny pokes from there. I also got a hacked lugia clone :P but at leats i traded cloned pokes though so nothing lost.

Earth Wolf-Howl
6th August 2012, 7:49 PM
I got a legit shiny Gastly yesterday on fourth gen in exchange for a Ditto, and nearly traded my Lugia for a level 100 shiny Turtwig holding a Master Ball. However, I didn't get it.

In 5th gen, though, I don't even know where the GTS is.

WishIhadaManafi5
13th August 2012, 7:01 PM
Same here, before I signed up here I was collecting all the starters and people were trying to pass on obvious hacks to me.I don;t judge people for using them but I just like clean trades you know?

Yea it kind of stinks. Don't mind if I get a hack now and then since I understand that some rares are harder to get ahold of... but still, I really don't like getting hacks on purpose -_-. Heck I got a hacked Audino shiny yesterday off of the GTS... caught in the right place, wrong level. Don't really mind all that much though, consider it to be a place holder until I can breed for a legit one.

Had a good time on the GTS recently, got a couple of Thundrus off of it and I got a Kyurem for a Spiritomb :). Made my day on that one.

Shneak
13th August 2012, 8:07 PM
Bad luck. All I ever find is people asking for a Reshiram or Zekrom in exchange for all different kinds of Pokemon.

andresballer03
13th August 2012, 8:08 PM
first time i used it, i put up my shiny gyarados for a totodile, thinking i could take it back. sadlyy, the trade wen t through before i knew what i was doing

GoldenMagikarp
13th August 2012, 10:18 PM
I just got really lucky. Someone gave me a shiny Stoutland for a regular Zorua :D

Boulders
13th August 2012, 10:22 PM
I just saw a mew level 100 up for trade for a cobalion level 100. It sounded reasonable but I didnt have a cobalion level 100, so I searched that pokemon and I saw a person that wanted a level 100 accelgor for it. So I searched level 100 accelgors and saw someone wanted a level 100 lugia for it(which I have). I traded and eventually I got a level 100 mew for a level 100 lugia.

kevin_durant35
14th August 2012, 2:26 AM
I have a ton of lv 100 and legendary pokemon, including the sceptile lv 100 from emerald,
so i had a ton of luck with getting legendaries and rare and shinies, and i filled my pokedex
like a month after getting the game

Chrosion
14th August 2012, 2:36 AM
Well I don't like to hack so that was one of the only times I've done it but I traded a Shiny Mewtwo for a probably also hacked Kyogre. :/ I also have gotten plenty of things and crap, but I can't remember, these days I just end up not getting to trade since my offers aren't very good.

Cutty
14th August 2012, 3:58 AM
My last successful GTS negotiation was when I got DW female Dratini.
Too bad I've SR'ed shiny Dratini. I rarely use GTS, more b/c I don't have my own wi-fi.

The_UnAmerican_Idol
14th August 2012, 5:09 PM
I wish I could say GTS negotiations is a success. Heres what I mean: The OT offers me a Lvl. 20 Scyther, which I have been wanting for some time, and I offer up my Lvl. 37 Charizard. I get one of the :( faces so Im like "Maybe he has one" then I offer a Glaceon. Same response. I decide to see a reaction when I offer a Reshiram, I get a :). Logged out immediately. But this isnt even as bad as what is going on in the regular GTS.

Out On a Whim-sicott
14th August 2012, 8:06 PM
My GTS Negotiations have been great haha i have built up a box of shinys based solely on breeding starters and trading relitively common pokemon. I got a LVL 100 Shiny Zoruark for my LVL 100 Mudkip, and a Shiny LVL 100 Haxorus for my LVL 45 Rikou.

AxelWolf
15th August 2012, 9:32 AM
Man, this is seriously getting very annoying. I keep getting people offering shinies but they keep giving me the :( face including a lot of my legendaries until I offer my level 100 shiny Latios when they give me the :), I quickly end the trade. I also quickly end the trade as soon as they offer a level 100 shiny Porygon-Z as part of the three they are offering which I know for a fact most if not all are hacked. I am also getting tired of the Japanese players who for some guess that either I am a American or they have dealt with me before will quickly end the trade without doing anything which gets me seriously pissed off.

Toyosatomimi no Miko
15th August 2012, 5:59 PM
I got a Lv. 81 Infernape for a Lv. 1 Rotom. But then I put up another Rotom on the GTS and got a Mew.

Landroval
15th August 2012, 7:44 PM
I havent had much luck with negotiations myself. I did manage to snag a charmander and mudkip, but everyone else wants legendary or shiny pokemon.

I cant even get a Reshiram off the regular GTS for the dex entry because all of the people want lvl 9 and under Zekroms or Reshirams.

mogan3
15th August 2012, 8:29 PM
i have got many legit shinies from gts neogations it has been good to mee

Dragalge
15th August 2012, 8:41 PM
I got a Grumpig for a Camerupt the other day for my W2 dex, it was good in the Negotiations that day.

Poke_Mania97
16th August 2012, 7:09 PM
Best luck heres a few of what people have traded me for quite bad pokemon. I cant remember the ones i traded but....:

Lv100 Zekrom (in black)
Lv100 Groudon
Lv100 Kyogre
Lv78 Mewtwo
Lv100 Mewtwo
Lv100 Shiny Blastoise
Lv50 Shiny UT Rayquaza

The_UnAmerican_Idol
17th August 2012, 12:11 AM
Man, this is seriously getting very annoying. I keep getting people offering shinies but they keep giving me the :( face including a lot of my legendaries until I offer my level 100 shiny Latios when they give me the :), I quickly end the trade. I also quickly end the trade as soon as they offer a level 100 shiny Porygon-Z as part of the three they are offering which I know for a fact most if not all are hacked. I am also getting tired of the Japanese players who for some guess that either I am a American or they have dealt with me before will quickly end the trade without doing anything which gets me seriously pissed off.

This is exactly why I think the GTS is not a success. People always expect legendaries or shinies.

Mienfoomaster
17th August 2012, 2:24 AM
I always get ripped off by someone who hacks with lvl100 shinies in master balls. Or on the gts someone who want lvl1 reshiram or zekrom

Mienfoomaster
17th August 2012, 2:25 AM
I always get ripped off by someone who hacks with lvl100 shinies in master balls. Or on the gts someone who want lvl1 reshiram or zekrom

SmeargleRocks
17th August 2012, 5:18 PM
In GTS negotiations I have been left with hacks and one time I was given a LEGIT shiny dragonite and LEGIT shiny lv100 seismitoad I had them both checked and they "check" out :)

WishIhadaManafi5
17th August 2012, 8:16 PM
This is exactly why I think the GTS is not a success. People always expect legendaries or shinies.

Yep :(. It's hard to get a hold of legit stuff. I like to collect shinies, sure... but I like to have fun on there as well. It's not all about the shiny hunting, it's just the fun of finding anything legit on there. The whole lv. 9 and under thing gets on my nerves. -_-

Landroval
21st August 2012, 5:45 AM
Just had someone offer me a shiny Torterra.. caught with a master ball of all things...

Shiny_Wooper
21st August 2012, 7:44 AM
only got 1 legit shiny everybody give me the ":(" face 2,309 times unless i offer a legendary or shiny

AxelWolf
21st August 2012, 7:49 AM
I think I did a stupid move that someone offered me a DW Ho-Oh for my Rayquaza, which I did not do any research on until I accepted the trade which a lot of places said Ho-Oh with its hidden ability is not yet out anywhere and the only way you can get one at this time is by cheating aka using the AR to get a hacked version.

Deza
21st August 2012, 8:02 AM
I think I did a stupid move that someone offered me a DW Ho-Oh for my Rayquaza, which I did not do any research on until I accepted the trade which a lot of places said Ho-Oh with its hidden ability is not yet out anywhere and the only way you can get one at this time is by cheating aka using the AR to get a hacked version.

Afaik, it is out.

Many places also say Imposter Ditto, DW Abra, Breloom, etc.. isn't out - even it is.. It's outdated info.

http://www.serebii.net/dreamradar/genivpokemon.shtml

AxelWolf
21st August 2012, 8:09 AM
Ah okay, but I think it is hacked due a few things my eye caught on was the fact it said Faraway place when I thought it is suppose to say Entree Forest if it is any DW pokemon, its level is at 41 when I thought Ho-Oh's level is suppose to be at between 50 and 70. Better go to the hack check to confirm this.

Ferrin
21st August 2012, 8:57 AM
when i used gts negotiations for the first time i was offering a lvl. 1 archen a,lvl 1 tirtouga from a friend, and a lvl. 1 pansear. many sad faces and disconnects later somebody traded a charmander for my pansear. immediately let charmander breed with ditto. then traded a charmander for a cyndaquil and traded another charmander for a lvl. 50 arcanine,my trades were slowly getting better. on a lvl 51-100 trade with a japanese girl i offered my now lvl. 70 arcanine and lvl. 70 ninetales, person shows a sad face and offers a shiny latias, i offer my untouched lvl 50 zekrom, she shows a happy face, and we traded that person was so nice :)

Roseheart95
21st August 2012, 10:39 AM
I like offering three eggs, then my partner will sometimes offer three eggs and we can trade eggs :p

... A Lillipup just hatched

Fabulous Ampharos
21st August 2012, 10:45 AM
I traded my latias and got a shiny spiratomb.

the ash man83
21st August 2012, 11:42 AM
I think I got a DW Phanpy and Houndoom (both Male) for a Snivy and a Pansear once. Both legit so far as I can tell.

Masterballer01
30th August 2012, 10:53 PM
Im pretty new to the game my Party pokemon are Lv. 60 im wanting to get a mudkip to replace my Samurrot. Please tell me if intrested in trading. i dont hve much through.

The_UnAmerican_Idol
31st August 2012, 12:04 AM
I got 3 shinies in one night :D

Royal_Qeca
31st August 2012, 3:30 AM
I got 3 shinies in one night :D

Isn't that suspicious? I never trust GTS when it involves a shiny pokemon.

nub guru
31st August 2012, 3:32 AM
i have awful luck with gts negotiations, people just keep showing me stuff then bouncing out

Fabulous Ampharos
31st August 2012, 3:33 AM
Yes, I got a kyurem with pokerus :)

NightmareHybrid
31st August 2012, 3:35 AM
I got a level seven shiny Lugia from Sinnoh. I knew it was a hack so I gave it to my sister. She doesn't care.

Tuskie Tyrant Yoko Kurama
31st August 2012, 3:35 AM
My friends never did, so I never tried it, I'd rather play through a whole game, just to get one Pokemon.

The_UnAmerican_Idol
31st August 2012, 4:52 AM
Isn't that suspicious? I never trust GTS when it involves a shiny pokemon.

I confirmed theyre legit though, so I guess I got lucky.

Looker
31st August 2012, 11:14 PM
I've actually had pretty decent luck with Negotiations. I got all the starters for breeding, by starting with breeding mine I picked in the game and trading them for the others. Also some foreign Pokemon for MM breeding.

Not to mention some female Dream World Pokemon, which saves me getting them myself.

I've gotten a few Legendaries to fill in my Pokedex from people who wanted things like starter Pokemon I'd bred in return, which was pretty sweet.

Overall I tend to get people with interesting low level Pokemon, and other breeders wanting to trade.

Then again, there will always be those buttmunches that disconnect from you for no reason after making a bunch of offers. :I

Royal_Qeca
1st September 2012, 12:17 AM
I confirmed theyre legit though, so I guess I got lucky.

Hmm then congratulations. xD

EpicSquirtle
1st September 2012, 12:23 AM
I never have any luck with GTS negotiations ever it sucks.

Pokeparadox
1st September 2012, 9:10 PM
A shiny Kyogre, awesome!

Roseheart95
2nd September 2012, 12:57 PM
A shiny Kyogre, awesome!

Legit? :) What did you trade for it?

Seles
3rd September 2012, 2:58 PM
I did today. I got a Wobbuffet for a Snorunt.....

Thunderstrike18
3rd September 2012, 4:26 PM
No luck yet people just show me all the shinies they have then they leave.

poutwuw
3rd September 2012, 7:03 PM
No luck yet people just show me all the shinies they have then they leave.
That's mostly what I get too.

I got most of my luck when I first got White, random folks would trade me high level Pokemon (That I later found were common further in the game) for Tympoles and Blitzles.
My best luck was when someone traded me a Lv. 50 Dragonite for a Seviper. The Dragonite is still #1 on my team.
I also got a shiny Ho-oh for something I can't remember. I later found out it was hacked, so I traded it for a legit non-shiny Ho-oh and a clone of it for a shiny Hydreigon.

ShinyMienshao
4th September 2012, 8:47 PM
I got a shiny Haxorus :D

Rinzler
4th September 2012, 9:34 PM
I got a Zekrom from some kid, I traded him a Squirtle for it. He seemed really pleased!

Of course, just now I had some kid show me a bunch of shiny pokemon (all in master balls), then disconnect before actually putting any up for trade.

I like GTS negotiations, though, I think it's pretty fun... like the lottery!

Sigilyph2
5th September 2012, 2:19 PM
All people seem to want to do is show off their hacked legendaries and try to get more. The only time I've gotten lucky was a Lillipup for a Zoroark. I got very lucky there.

Draco.
5th September 2012, 4:59 PM
i never use the negotiator, cuz all the ppl i see only show off what they have, then leaves...

teamfranchise
9th September 2012, 10:45 AM
I imagine the regular GTS would be a LOT better if they could prevent people asking for, say, a Reshiram level 1-9. For example I searched for a Mew earlier, and every single option was something not possible to trade for. If they could implement this system where you cant even ask for something impossible, there'd be a lot more trading and more people using the service. You can ask for only a male Thunderus for example, so why does that get restricted but a level 1 Landorus, something impossible to obtain, not?

KuzKan
9th September 2012, 2:39 PM
i got a shiny celebi for a lvl1 scyther with a metal coat but it probably was hacked and even had a ribon so when i had to restart my game i couldnt transfer her to another game >< had really bad iv's and nature anyway, would be only for dex entry

CamelLover32
9th September 2012, 3:02 PM
I imagine the regular GTS would be a LOT better if they could prevent people asking for, say, a Reshiram level 1-9. For example I searched for a Mew earlier, and every single option was something not possible to trade for. If they could implement this system where you cant even ask for something impossible, there'd be a lot more trading and more people using the service. You can ask for only a male Thunderus for example, so why does that get restricted but a level 1 Landorus, something impossible to obtain, not?

This. I recently picked up pokémon again and i am having such a hard time trying to get a proper team together .. Whenever I search for a pokemon they want legendaries under lv 9 in return or some stuff like a lv. 100 excadrill. What would also greatly help is that they not only removed the ability to ask for impossible things, but also added a 'search again' option that displays different results. Or perhaps they can add a function that only shows trades that you can actually make, possibly with the option of excluding your legendaries. Cerebii isnt exactly too helpful either when trying to get my team together since I don't really have much to offer except for items T_T

AxelWolf
9th September 2012, 5:08 PM
Well, I got somewhat lucky today. Traded a level 100 shiny Hitmontop and a level 41 Infernape for a level 1 shiny Deino and level 1 shiny Carvanha which I am trying to get my entire Pokedex have shiny Pokemon.

Seles
9th September 2012, 6:33 PM
i never use the negotiator, cuz all the ppl i see only show off what they have, then leaves...

That normally happens to me...

Swagsire
9th September 2012, 6:41 PM
I once got a lugia from a guy for a lapras. It was in a heavy ball and everything came across legitimately. Otherwise I find people showing off hacked masterball shinies...It takes paitence. I usually do it while reading a book Qwaa ;195;

Shuleek
9th September 2012, 8:49 PM
Well, I actually had luck today :D I just started playing a preowned Black. The guy before me stopped playing after his 6th badge, so i'm finishing the game and trying to catch legendaries :D I managed to catch Tornadus and am headimg for E4. However, I wanted to try GTS negotiations and after a few tries one guy offered me Zorua for Gothita and later Registeel (which is from Hoenn and looks legit) , so I gave him my Tornadus. He wanted to trade some more, offering Lugia, Kyogre, Latios, but I couldn't give him anything of value, so we quit :D

Mokepon22
9th September 2012, 9:01 PM
Today must be my lucky day, didn't ran into anyone showing off hacked shines and got couple decent trades...got a Cyndaquil and 2 Squirtles, one seems to be from an event(it has Hydro Cannon) :)

Giblie
9th September 2012, 9:06 PM
I've never been lucky with the GTS negotiations, any time I tried using it, they always did unhappy faces for everything I offered. I don't have many pokemon I'm willing to part with, either it be legends or normal high level pokes. So I don't use it often. Its not like I would get anything good anyway.

Rinzler
10th September 2012, 4:36 AM
First GTS Negotiations trade of the night... Guy wants to trade dream world Giratina, Palkia, and Dialga for my freshly hatched Charmander, Bulbasaur, and Squirtle. Did the first trade of Squirtle for Giratina, then I lost the wifi connection on my end and could never reconnect with the guy via rendezvous to complete the trade. Talk about frustrating....

Tried more random trades for awhile but all I got was people giving me frown faces for everything I showed them, but never showed me anything in return.

Sonicfan9988
12th September 2012, 1:26 AM
Sometimes I get lucky on the GTS Negotiations, like recently, someone offered me their level 50 Kyogre in exchange for my level 62 Sceptile, but usually, when I trade on there, the people usually show the frown face then disconnect.

Plus side down side
12th September 2012, 2:21 AM
I have not had very much luck with GTS in general. People go on there expecting that you want to trade a shiny Rayquaza for their level 100 Arceus when really, I just want your Numel. I'm not going to trade you a legendary for your Numel, but I will trade you a Heracross. Not to mention the fact that for the most part, people just leave without even making a trade.

jabs4
12th September 2012, 3:28 AM
Just traded a DWF Gible for a good natured, HP Ice Chimchar. This person really wanted the Gible.

Shuleek
12th September 2012, 10:23 AM
I got a shiny Ledyba out of it. When the guy first offered it, I swas thinking "Isn't it shiny?" But then he offered another two of those with same colours, so I thought it's just me and my small case of color blindness. He picked a lvl 1 Deino, I picked a jolly Ledyba (didn't even check the natures of others). It came with a few eggmoves and of course a shiny red star. I think it was RNGd, as it's date of hatching is somewhere in 2014 and when I checked the guys OT in Pokecheck, it showed tons of RNGd lvl1 shinies... So yeah, I think I got pretty lucky this time :D

Shuleek
14th September 2012, 3:16 AM
Sorry for doubleposting, but this deserves its own post.

I just want to say, Shisune, whoever you are, I really love you! I guess you are girl and that you are German (or you're just playing on a German version with a girl avatar, who knows :D), but that's all I know.

The thing is, I started a new game on Black two days ago, but I had help with pokeshifting thanks to two guys from these forums :) So as soon as I was able to breed, I decided I'm gonna give some Bulbasaur, Mudkip and Torchic away on negotiations. But for almost anhour nearly everyone I met wanted shiny Zekrom or Reshiram, offered hacked underlevelled legends or just showed his Pokemon off and disconnected. Then Shisune happened :)

It started as usual, I selected my three starters, but I soon saw she has all of them... However, she didn't disconnect, and still wanted to trade... So I tried to show her my Lillipup with Pokerus, and she took it and seemed she really noticed it. And then... Then, we traded. I had more or less one box full of Pokemon that I caught for Pokedex and we traded EVERYTHING! For starters, for Pokemon from other generations... In the end I was left with only a few Pokes that I wanted to keep, my team and my legendaries from previous playthrough... I offered my Kyurem, as a gift of gratitude. She didn't accept. So we exchanged smileys and parted our ways.

What I wanted to say, there are still nice people in the world. And I guess this is what Pokemon should be about, to teach us to be nice and help each other more (yeah I know, kinda cheezy... :D)

I wish you all good luck, not only on GTS, but generally everywhere :)

EDIT: Not from Germany. The cartridge is registered to Switzerland.

GoldenMagikarp
30th September 2012, 1:50 PM
I traded a regular Mismagnius for a Reshiram on the GTS negotations. Then I traded that Reshiram for a shiny Onix.

TherianForm
30th September 2012, 2:02 PM
I traded like a Altaria I just caught for a shiny Suddowoodo :)

Wecondo12
30th September 2012, 2:51 PM
i got my first shiny and i only traded a normal ferrothorn. it was also a sf and i relied on it, and it was a key part of my team. it was haxorus.

Sacred keldeo
1st October 2012, 7:11 PM
I've had load of luck on GTS negotiations i't how i got lvl 100 reshiram,zekrom, rayquaza arceus i even got a lvl 74 kyurem with pokerus. I have GOOD luck!

FireEmblemAddict
2nd October 2012, 1:26 AM
I had great luck with GTS negotiations today! I traded a Rayquaza to someone for a shiny Staryu~. I have 4 more Rayquazas on White 2 so it's definitely a fine trade. The Staryu is probably cloned but maybe not. It looks legit, and that's all I care about~.

Poliwhirl'sMittens
2nd October 2012, 9:56 AM
I got my DW Poliwag from GTS. Since then I've bred them and traded for more DW pokemon here. I'm satisfied.

GoldenMagikarp
3rd October 2012, 3:40 PM
I just got a shiny flawless fully EV trained Gigalith for a shiny Nature sanctuary Haxorus that I got from the GTS. Bold isn't the best nature for a Gigalith, but it's still pretty awesome, and it looks great as a shiny. It's also the first time I get a SF pokemon from the GTS.

Thecatteam
3rd October 2012, 3:52 PM
I've used negotiations twice in order to fill my 'dex--both were very frustrating, and only one came through.

First I needed a torchic, but I had the other hoenn starters, so I changed my trainer card to "Want WATER? Give FIRE!" (or something like that), and, when the trade started, I would put up mudkip and treeko and show two happy faces and a sad face, indicating that I was happy with the starters I had, but sad that I didn't have a torchic. After zero luck with that (some people understood what I wanted but didn't have torchic, others, often with full boxes, just kept showing off their shinies), I rearranged seven of my boxes to spell "torchic" and repeated the same thing. After a good long while, somebody finally had a torchic, but wanted a legendary for it just to be mean. Stupid. I ended up getting it from one of my friends...

The second pokemon I needed was vullaby; I changed my card to "need POWER SWAP" (or something like that, again), and showed my rufflet and braviary, in hopes the other party would understand that I needed their Black Version counterparts. I had no luck for a while, but finally someone (who had shown off their shinies at the beginning) understood what I wanted and traded their vullaby for my braviary.

Moral: sometimes people who show off are helpful, sometimes not.

yourstrulystevo
3rd October 2012, 3:58 PM
All Im trying to do is trade my kadabra and get it back but its hard to get anything going because im a noob at this.. i just want an alakazam..

GoldenMagikarp
3rd October 2012, 4:15 PM
All Im trying to do is trade my kadabra and get it back but its hard to get anything going because im a noob at this.. i just want an alakazam..

It's probably not a good idea to do that on the GTS negotations. Pepole probably won't understand that you want it back. Try asking someone in this thread for help instead: http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?493864-Helping-To-Evolve-Your-Pokemon-Thread

ShinyMienshao
3rd October 2012, 10:55 PM
Just with a shiny Haxorus. Nothing else.

Roseheart95
6th October 2012, 7:26 PM
I've used negotiations twice in order to fill my 'dex--both were very frustrating, and only one came through.

First I needed a torchic, but I had the other hoenn starters, so I changed my trainer card to "Want WATER? Give FIRE!" (or something like that), and, when the trade started, I would put up mudkip and treeko and show two happy faces and a sad face, indicating that I was happy with the starters I had, but sad that I didn't have a torchic. After zero luck with that (some people understood what I wanted but didn't have torchic, others, often with full boxes, just kept showing off their shinies), I rearranged seven of my boxes to spell "torchic" and repeated the same thing. After a good long while, somebody finally had a torchic, but wanted a legendary for it just to be mean. Stupid. I ended up getting it from one of my friends...

The second pokemon I needed was vullaby; I changed my card to "need POWER SWAP" (or something like that, again), and showed my rufflet and braviary, in hopes the other party would understand that I needed their Black Version counterparts. I had no luck for a while, but finally someone (who had shown off their shinies at the beginning) understood what I wanted and traded their vullaby for my braviary.

Moral: sometimes people who show off are helpful, sometimes not.

If you want starters, the best way to go about is to put: "Want to trade [type]? Here's a hint: [ability]". Only starter Pokemon (and the monkeys) have Overgrow, Torrent or Blaze, and so by putting that most people will understand what you're asking for. Generally it's best to use a signature move or an ability if it's a rare one.

I would like to ask, though, how would someone ask for Pokerus?

Exeggudork
9th October 2012, 1:06 AM
it takes a while to find serious traders, but you find them eventually. i traded a karablast for a shelmet and vice versa to complete my pokedex.

1quacka1
9th October 2012, 1:50 AM
I managed to get a Phione a while back, possibly for a starter though I can't remember. I bred it and recently was able to trade for a Tornadus. As I have White that enabled me to finally capture Landorus.

tristanrox8
15th January 2013, 4:30 AM
I met this awesome guy, where we traded our shinies, like i gave my shiny dragonite for his shiny kingdra, and stuff like that :D Then i get guys where i give my shiny munna or something and my shiny lanturn and they try and give me pokemon like regular roggenrola, and machop and even at one point. A magikarp.

Ausgirl
15th January 2013, 4:33 AM
I tried it briefly for my join avenue but I found that it takes too long to set up a trade and the people there disconnect all the time. If I ever need to trade for something I just stick to the regular gts.

Pikafleg
15th January 2013, 5:04 AM
I've met a HUGE variety of people, from those with a ton of legendaries to those who only offer the weakest pokemon. There are also those annoying people who just choose three pokemon and confirm it without, um, i don't know, NEGOTIATING!!!!!! lol yeah.....and similarly some who just keep giving you a smile face when you clearly don't want to make the trade but they do....then there was this one weird guy who started giving me a ton of hearts before I even offered a single pokemon......creepy. lol.

McNugget
17th January 2013, 3:17 AM
If you mention color change on your trainer card greeting they usually know you wanna trade shinies, so I've gotten like 5 shinies from it....
Anything is better than seeing WANTED: ZEKROM LV. 9 OR UNDER.

Rakurai
17th January 2013, 3:45 AM
I've managed to get most of the starter Pokemon from across the different generations by simply offering the fifth gen starters.

Earendil
18th January 2013, 6:59 PM
I've had pretty good luck using it to fill up my Pokedex. Usually, if you breed up a batch of starters or other rare/ desirable Pokemon (such as Spiritomb), people will offer up all sorts of stuff for them. When I am connected with a Japanese partner, the process is expedited even more, as many will show you all sorts of Pokemon from previous generations (which are among the most annoying to get in the original Black/ White). So for common Pokemon, at least, it's quite useful.

On the flip side--and someone mentioned this previously--I've found that there are a number of people who simply select three random Pokemon with no regard to what you actually want. I've had more than a few people immediately offer Charmander, Bulbasaur, and Squirtle, as if everyone, everywhere, wants them.

Then there are the people who are convinced that you'll trade away a legendary for a common Pokemon, no matter what expression you give them. This actually happened to me as recently as the other day. First I put up a Lugia, which they affirmed they wanted. Then, they put up a Ho-oh, which I, in turn, expressed an interest in. After we both seemed to agree, I confirmed my selection, then waited. Then they suddenly took down the Ho-oh and selected a Deerling in its place. The whole process repeated itself several more times--even though I kept telling them I wanted to do Ho-oh for Lugia, and not their Deerling--until I finally got fed up with it all and disconnected. A while back someone else thought I'd go along with a Magnemite-for-Mesprit trade.

Star Champion AJ
18th January 2013, 8:45 PM
I started doing the Negotiation thingie this week, since I had over 500 Seen Pokédex Pages and I decided to fill it.

Lucky:
Managed to get some starters from previous Generations like Charmander, Squirtle and Chimchar and got some extra Pokémon via normal GTS
Traded a spare Regice I had for a Groudon
Obtained a Lv100 Shiny Pelipper (and I'm not a Shiny Collector/Hunt btw)

Unlucky:
People are so dumb that they don't notice I want certain Pokémon when I show other Pokémon...
1: If you see somebody showing a Thundurus, it's because they want a Tornadus (that one is from White since from that game I only have a Thundurus)
2: If you see somebody showing a Regice, it's because they need a Registeel.
3: If you see somebody showing a Latias, it's because they require a Latios.
I get communication errors more often than the normal GTS
Lots of disconnections when they don't see the Pokémon they want (I'm also included)

SpeedDeoxys
18th January 2013, 10:20 PM
This was a funny trade:

After I catched Latios, I searched him at the GTS. I found a guy who had a Lv72 Latios and I traded him my Lv68 Latios. A few days later, I found a guy who had a Lv80 Latios and I traded him my Lv72 Latios. 14 levels by just trading!

WishIhadaManafi5
19th January 2013, 8:50 PM
I've had pretty good luck using it to fill up my Pokedex. Usually, if you breed up a batch of starters or other rare/ desirable Pokemon (such as Spiritomb), people will offer up all sorts of stuff for them. When I am connected with a Japanese partner, the process is expedited even more, as many will show you all sorts of Pokemon from previous generations (which are among the most annoying to get in the original Black/ White). So for common Pokemon, at least, it's quite useful.

On the flip side--and someone mentioned this previously--I've found that there are a number of people who simply select three random Pokemon with no regard to what you actually want. I've had more than a few people immediately offer Charmander, Bulbasaur, and Squirtle, as if everyone, everywhere, wants them.

Then there are the people who are convinced that you'll trade away a legendary for a common Pokemon, no matter what expression you give them. This actually happened to me as recently as the other day. First I put up a Lugia, which they affirmed they wanted. Then, they put up a Ho-oh, which I, in turn, expressed an interest in. After we both seemed to agree, I confirmed my selection, then waited. Then they suddenly took down the Ho-oh and selected a Deerling in its place. The whole process repeated itself several more times--even though I kept telling them I wanted to do Ho-oh for Lugia, and not their Deerling--until I finally got fed up with it all and disconnected. A while back someone else thought I'd go along with a Magnemite-for-Mesprit trade.

Lucky on the starters -- I haven't had that kind of luck in there recently :(. Had the previous happen as well... I try to put up decent stuff, but a lot of folks don't want it, and it leaves me frustrated.

Agreed. Saw a lot of that on the GTS too. It's one thing to ask for a rare for a Ditto, but it's another thing when it's asking for a rare with a common.

Emily101
19th January 2013, 8:52 PM
I don't like the GTS or GTS negotiations at all. Too many hacked pokemon.

Earendil
20th January 2013, 2:17 PM
Lucky on the starters -- I haven't had that kind of luck in there recently :(. Had the previous happen as well... I try to put up decent stuff, but a lot of folks don't want it, and it leaves me frustrated.

Agreed. Saw a lot of that on the GTS too. It's one thing to ask for a rare for a Ditto, but it's another thing when it's asking for a rare with a common.

With regard to your second comment, it's even more annoying when people try to pull a bait 'n' switch. There actually seems to be a substantial body of people that think they can get you locked into a trade of their choosing (once they get you to confirm your own selection first). After an agreement is seemingly reached via smilies, I usually select a given Pokemon to emphasize my sincerity. However, after that act, more than a few people have tried to quickly substitute a common Pokemon for their own selection. It happened to me again the other day- we seemed to be in complete agreement about trading an Articuno for a Latios, but then they threw up an Unown at the last second, seconds after the point at which I could pull down my legendary. I mean, really?

Other people appear to jump for joy at the sight of a legendary from a previous generation, but then they'll go and offer stuff like Boldore, Bibarel, and Tranquil for it... needless to say, I'm not usually feeling that generous.

I also dislike the people who go on there with absolutely no intention of trading. I'll select a few Pokemon on my end, but then they'll go and show off an entire PC box's worth of shinies. Yesterday someone else seemed to take great pride in their collection of common, Master Ball-caught Pokemon (I really don't know why), enough so that they exhibited a dozen to me before I got fed up and disconnected.

Finally, as my last complaint, I cannot usually find any common ground with people that have hundreds of trades under their belt. Typically they only want shinies, which aren't exactly common enough for me to have a stockpile of.

I don't like the GTS or GTS negotiations at all. Too many hacked pokemon.

My own solution for that is to simply look only for Pokedex fillers. Usually it's not worth it to hack a common Pokemon that is easily catchable in one of the games, past or present, so most people seem not to. You only really run into problems when you start looking for certain legendaries or shinies.

Star Champion AJ
20th January 2013, 2:54 PM
Finally, as my last complaint, I cannot usually find any common ground with people that have hundreds of trades under their belt. Typically they only want shinies, which aren't exactly common enough for me to have a stockpile of.

My own solution for that is to simply look only for Pokedex fillers. You only really run into problems when you start looking for certain legendaries or shinies.

That is not completely true since I have at least 200 trades in my White 2 and I don't care that much about shinies. I just want the Regional Starters and some Legendaries (Latios and Registeel for example), no more, no less.

Earendil
20th January 2013, 8:02 PM
That is not completely true since I have at least 200 trades in my White 2 and I don't care that much about shinies. I just want the Regional Starters and some Legendaries (Latios and Registeel for example), no more, no less.

I wish I could find more people like you, then! More often than not, when I run into someone with many hundreds of trades, I can't seem to come up with anything that they express an interest in. Ocassionally I'll get a person that's happy to trade me bred stuff for virtually anything, but that does not happen very frequently.

Firebrand
20th January 2013, 9:55 PM
I've had a few decent trades over Negotiations, but on the whole my experience has been what most people have expressed in the thread. Personally, I think that if there was a better way of communication established outside of the four emoticons, trades would be a lot easier. If the same tool used to put slogans on trainer cards and use "chat" in the Union room was put into negotiations, it would make trades a lot easier. Instead of people spamming the sad face, they could actually put what they want in the little chat box, using the phrases supplied by the game. "Oh no, not that!" "Please trade, I want Tepig", etc.

lavulin
17th March 2013, 9:39 PM
I like GTS negociation. Most of the times I was verry happy. I got starters from previous generations... and the strangest trade I made was with a guy that wanted an Espeon. I gaved him the Pokemon and he gaved me a Haxorus. I was like " Are you serious? It's... It's... It's just an special Eevee!" XD
I wish I could talk with the poeple there, to tell them that I'm not intrested in high level Pokemons. Most of the times when I go there I'm searching for starters or any Pokemon to complete my Pokedex or is very cute, since I don't battle online and I train my favorite ones. :)
But overall I really like GTS negociations.

Cheez Puf
17th March 2013, 11:13 PM
It's hit and miss for me, mostly miss. I've got 3 generations of games to pull pokemon from, so it's not really all that useful to me.

cibir
19th March 2013, 1:33 AM
Quick question-- how does one tell if it's hacked? Is there a resource somewhere that I should already know about?

Just curious because I got a landorus and it was AWFUL

Icarus©
19th March 2013, 3:40 AM
I've had mostly bad experiences but occasionaly i got the pokemon i wanted.
I got a scolipede from there but its about it.
Oh and a hacked charizard.
I hate how they always offer you lv 100 shiny legendaries.
NO, i don't want your hacked pokemons

*PKMN Trainer Paddy*
19th March 2013, 12:12 PM
Well, my luck varies greatly on negotiations. But i have had one or two greatly lucky trades.

Well, i was looking a thudurus as i had the original black so i could take it with tornadus to the abudant shrine to obtain landorus. I had a few treeckos spare from my mm so i took them to try my luck on the gts. But all the thundurus required hacks e.g. Lv.9 and under Zeckroms. So i went to negotiations and the first trainer had a thundurus. And even better! She took a treecko for it. One of my luckier trades. Also got a shiny ditto for a snivy.

Myrrh
20th March 2013, 7:03 AM
I've not had anything worthwhile to mention. When I first learned to RNG i cloned a bunch of my pokemon to offer them for fun. I got a few shiny pokemon, some were hacked and I didn't really care for the rest. Some still sit in my box to this day, I'll likely release them soon. I might do it again though so that I can build up my Join Avenue.

Dew Watatsumi
20th March 2013, 7:05 AM
I hadn't gotten any luck since last year. I once had a shiny buizel for a dragon dance Totodile (that I was breeding atm)

lavulin
20th March 2013, 12:59 PM
You can tell from the pokeball and also the lvl. For example somebody offered me a lvl 30 Volcanora. It's imposbile to be legite because Larvesta evolves at lvl 59. Other then that, if it's just too good maybe it's hacked because let's be serious. I wouldn't trade my legite shiny for some normal pokemons. :)

☭Azimuth_055☣
30th March 2013, 4:05 PM
I don't always negotiate within the GTS.

But when I do, people request for impossible Pokemon.

N(emesis)
2nd April 2013, 6:37 PM
All i know is GTS Nego. got me a spirit bomb so i love it.

the ash man83
9th April 2013, 12:14 PM
I found someone yesterday who offered me two Porygon-Z's, both lvl 100 and shiny and both caught in Masterballs. He also offered me a shiny Ho-oh, lvl 100 and caught in a Masterball. I was debating trading with him, but then he put up a shiny Latios caught in a Masterball... lvl 1! Yeah, I logged out then.

On a more positive side, I've recently been finding it quite easy to find Dream Ball pokes, especially females, mainly from Dream Radar. The normal GTS is a treasure trove of Dream Radar pokes if you know where to look as well.

Ausgirl
9th April 2013, 12:22 PM
I only use the gts to get version exclusives and Japanese pokemon for RNG projects. Most of the people there suck. However I find that when I put a pokemon up on the gts and ask for a reasonable pokemon in return, then I generally get what I want within 24 hours. So I guess you can call that luck...

Matoro
9th April 2013, 6:13 PM
After the first couple times on the regular GTS I realized it was too cluttered with requests for hacks for cloning. But GTS negotiations has done me well, when I first started all I had was my Black version and I was able to obtain seven different starters. I think what might be interesting was if the developers put level caps on the pokemon you attempt to put on the GTS or request. e.g. you physicall could not request a Zekrom/Reshiram under level 50. Heck, they could put random checkpoints in the game, like when you attempt to use a pokemon center, and if your party and/or box makeup was different from last time it would run a check on your pokemon, making sure that all of them were catchable on at least one game. for example like if you tried to trade a lv 1 zekrom it would be like, "you have attempted to trade an illegitamate pokemon. deleting..." I would love to see the look on their faces. but yeah, gts negotiations hasn't been as bad for me as it seems it has been to some of you other guys

Master Ask
10th April 2013, 4:37 AM
I have gotten a lot, and I mean a loooot of shinies through GTS negotiations :P I have checked and they are all legit

tomatohater
11th April 2013, 10:27 AM
I do OK I guess, today I traded my Chained Shiny Magnemite for a Regular Registeel. I only did it as I love Hoenn Pokemon, and it was 1 of the last 4 I needed to own all of them. The 3 I need are: Regirock, Latias and Deoxys.

abrar14
11th April 2013, 5:25 PM
I usually use GTSN to give away random pokemon i don't want and dex filling.

FallBird
11th April 2013, 5:45 PM
I usually use GTSN to give away random pokemon i don't want and dex filling.

This. Although, I did get a fantastically raised, level 74 Drapion for a Steelix with a terrible nature that I caught on Iron Island, never used at all, and transferred to BW. I was real surprised. I feel a little bad, because that piece of crap Steelix definitely wasn't worth that Drapion.

Kiraush
11th April 2013, 6:32 PM
Traded a starter to a newer trained for a Mincino who I think is an uncloned shiny, also got a DWF off-spring Dratini with very nice IVs for my Single battle team, didn't know it was DWF was just giving the guy something he wanted (I had many Dratini from when I transfered my pearl to my white)

Macklin
11th April 2013, 6:36 PM
I tried to use GTS negotiations but none of my pokemon are worth offering up and without being able to talk to the other person I have found it a pain. Though my legions and legions of charmanders seem to do ok.

dirkac
11th April 2013, 7:32 PM
I traded one of my tens of Phione away... for a Shiny Surskit. My favorite Pokémon, Shiny. It was so rare.

Another Phione, I got an Oshawott :P I had no Oshawott yet in my Games, and I nedded the dex.

So, yeah. I had some good Trades, I guess.

Silversword
20th April 2013, 1:20 AM
I got a shiny giratina for a normal rayquaza, and it "LOOKS" legit.

JohnLynch
20th April 2013, 7:19 AM
I've had the most luck with simply using standard GTS and offering pokemon that have a similar value to what I'm asking for.

RainbowSupernova
20th April 2013, 10:22 AM
I've had pretty good trades on GTSN. Someone traded me their lv.50 Milotic for my lv.10 Tepig (I breed heaps of them). I hate it on GTS how everyone requests a Reshiram or Zekrom lv.9 or under! >:(

boynamedfish
31st May 2013, 10:51 PM
A pretty good trade I got was Lv.40 Shiny Entei for Lv.38 Raichu... I once also got a trade where I traded a Lv.1 Elekid for a Lv.100 Shiny Milotic. It was a nice Milotic...

the ash man83
1st June 2013, 8:26 PM
Yesterday I received a legit (as far as I can tell) 2009 movie giveaway Regigigas (Spanish) for a Bagon. Pretty good if you ask me.

Silversword
7th June 2013, 9:45 PM
I got a shiny Scizor for a palkia. Also a shiny darumaka for a mudkip.

Mr. L 500
9th June 2013, 7:55 PM
I've been able to use it to gather some Pokemon from previous generations (especially the starters).
My best trade would have to be when I traded a Lv. 1 Tepig for a Lv. 100 Pikachu. I kept thinking that the guy was trolling when he offered it, but when he actually went through with the trade, I was shocked (and incredibly excited). I didn't find anything that suggests its a hack and neither did anyone in the hack check thread. Best trade ever!

tomvdm
31st August 2013, 1:39 AM
I've had:
coffagrigus
Swampert
Ninetales
Scizor
Emboar
Porygon-Z
Scrafty
Braviary
Hariyama
(All shiny)
Azelf
Latias
Mespirit
(Not shiny)

Plus side down side
31st August 2013, 4:14 AM
So far, people have been really unreasonable, at least for me. I'm not asking for legendaries, I'm looking for some simple Pokemon. I'm not going to give you my Lugia in exchange for your Camerupt, and no amount of smiley faces is going to change that.

mudkip master
1st September 2013, 12:55 AM
Personally I haven't but my brother has had a lot of trades for Legendary and starter Pokemon.

Pokemon trainer Black
1st September 2013, 12:16 PM
A few days ago I met a girl who looked like she just started the game all she could were level 21 Pokemon.
So I gave a level 40 Deino level 30 Buffalant and a level 33 Pawniard. She sent 10 straight smiley faces.
Not lucky for me but lucky for her.

alexfirefist6
1st September 2013, 4:59 PM
someone gave me a lugia for a trecko! :D i checked it up on pokecheck.org seems pretty legit all greens i think

mjunior3
1st September 2013, 5:28 PM
I traed a Lv.100 Reshiram for Any Darkrai, and I ended up with a Shiny Japanese, Lv.100 Darkrai! All legit! Whoo! :D

orochi
1st September 2013, 6:23 PM
I got a bunch of legit shinies for regular pokemon once '^' I occasionally go on there

Bluebird55
17th September 2013, 10:21 PM
It's a hit-and-miss, annoyingly; sometimes the target (i.e. the person you're trading with) is actually there for trading and you end up getting what you want.

Other times (and this REALLY irritates me) the target is only there for bragging purposes and shows you his/her Pokémon with no intention of trading (this also seems to happen on Global Trade).

Me? Personally? Yes, I've traded with some really kind people and some braggers, but like I said, it's pretty much a hit-and-miss situation, but I tend to stick at it and I recommend everyone does too :-).

Pokemon trainer Black
18th September 2013, 8:16 PM
A level 28 cubchoo for a level 100 haxoaurs

Bulbasaur3
24th October 2013, 12:53 AM
The only luck I've ever had is a Phione with Pokerus

WolfGamingLive
24th October 2013, 9:12 AM
I dont have much luck because all they want is a LV 1 Reshiram or Zekrom and it's gets really annoying .-.

Lorde
28th October 2013, 10:04 PM
I rarely used the GTS Negotiation feature in Black/White. However, I did get some newly-hatched Starter Pokemon once which I really needed and was glad to obtain.

Ib4
29th October 2013, 3:32 AM
I haven't had much luck myself. I'm sure I speak for many when I say the communication system (of 4 measly symbols) is less than satisfactory.

Thesurfing Snivy
31st October 2013, 11:08 AM
UT Manaphy for a Lv. 100 Latias with a Rowap berry.
Shaymin for a Lv. 71 Lugia with Rowap berry.

A bit of bad luck with hacks and the Pokemon getting traded away to someone else.
The sheer frustration of all Lv.9 and Under Rayquaza.
And some good version exclusive trades.

The Mustache
26th May 2014, 2:48 AM
I got some starters I remember getting a mudkip ^_^