PDA

View Full Version : My First Competitiive Team (OU)

TrixTwice
9th April 2012, 5:54 AM
Hey, thanks for checking.

Lead/Physical Tank: Skarmory

Special Wall/Tank: Blissey

Physical Attacker: Metagross

Special Attacker: Starmie

Staller: Ludicolo

Mixed Attacker: Flygon

Skarmory @ Shed Shell
Ability: Keen Eye
EVs: 252 Special Defence, 252 Defence, 4 Attack
Nature: Bold
- Spikes
- Whirlwind
- Stealth Rocks
- Brave Bird

The aim of this Skarmory is to set up Stealth Rock/Spikes then use Whirlwind to get rid of any on my side and to damage my opponent. Brave Bird is to have a good attacking move. Shed Shell will prevent me from being trapped by Magnezone. My main concern here is that after Spikes/Stealth Rocks have been set up, there isn't really much to do. I can change my Skarmory's EVs to have 252 Speed, then I can keep using Whirlwind to whittle down my opponents HP.

Blissey @ Chople Berry
Ability: Natural Cure
EVS: 252 Hitpoints, 252 Special Attack, 4 Defence
- Ice Beam
- Psychic
- Thunderbolt
- Softboiled

This was the first Pokémon I EV trained, so I am aware that it doesn't have the best. I'm considering swapping Ice Beam for Seismic Toss and Thunderbolt for Thunderwave for the guaranteed 100 Hp damage and Paralysis. The Psychic and Chople Berry are to deal with any Fighting types which are a big threat to Blissey. A concern is that it has very similiar moves to my Starmie.

Starmie @ Life Orb
Ability: Natural Cure
EVS: 252 Speed, 252 Special Attack, 4 Hp
Nature: Timid
- Recover
- Psychic
- Ice Beam
- Thunderbolt

My Special Sweeper. Thunderbolt is for type coverage and it's a great special move. Ice beam because its a good, powerful special move. Psychic gets STAB, and again, is a good, powerful special move. I'm thinking about
swapping Recover for Rapid Spin because of Whirlwind. Considering Surf for STAB.

Metagross @ Occa Berry
Abililty: Clear Body
EVS: 252 Attack, 252 Speed, 4 Hp
- Earthquake
- Meteor Mash
- Explosion
- Ice Punch/Thunder Punch

My Physical Sweeper. I'm fully aware that Bold is a horrible nature for it, since I misread the chart when I was choosing it, and thought it raised attack. EQ and Occa Berry are counters against fire types which are a huge issue for Metagross. Meteor Mash gives STAB and is a very powerful move. Explosion is a last resort attack which deals a lot of damage and can take down any big threats. For the last move, I'm not really sure. Any flying times which resist steel are an issue, such as Skarmory and Gyrados. So I decided to choose either Ice Punch or Thunder punch. Ice gives good x4 attacks and Thunder punch deals with flying types well.

Ludicolo @ Leftovers
Ability: Rain Dish
EVS: 252 Defence, 252 Special Defence, 4 Hp
- Leech Seed
- Rain Dance
- Toxic
- Substitute

My staller. Rain Dance and Rain Dish will help restore my Hp, as well as Leftovers, letting me stay and use substitute for longer. Leech Seed and Toxic will whittle down my opponent's Hp. Should I invest more EVs into HP? I was also considering Giga Drain, so I could do a bit more damage offensively, and get even more Hp for myself, I'd be taking away Substitute if I were to do this.

Flygon @ Lum Berry
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 Attack, 252 Special Attack, 4 Speed
Nature: Rash
- Flamethrower
- Outrage
- U-Turn
- Draco Meteor

My mixed attacker. Flamethrower is for ice types which are a big issue for Flygon. Outrage is a powerful STAB move to deal a lot of damage, the lum berry will snap me out of confusion the first time. U-Turn will let me switch and deal some damage as well. Draco Meteor, I'm not very sure about this, since I have another dragon move. Maybe Ice Beam?

One major issue is that I'm unable to get stat boosting moves like Swords Dance up, which I think is a big problem. I need some help with this.

MagikarpUsdSplsh
9th April 2012, 8:17 AM
Your team looks really good, i cant really pick anything thats bad. If anything id probably replace starmies recover with something like rapid spin only because id doubt u would ever get the chance to use it because of how brittle it is, although it does give you an option to heal the life orb damage... you also dont really have a pokemon designed for physical attacks in general, maybe if you invest more evs into health rather than sp def for ludicolo it could help you stand against stronger physical threats, but again thats your decision. Also your flygon may lack in speed but if you can play it right he will carve up ;)

Ísjaki
9th April 2012, 8:24 AM
you wouldn't want to give blissey a way to deal with fighting types, if you see a physical fighting type you should be taking blissey out, or most physical pokemon at all for that matter

cooloolcool
9th April 2012, 8:30 AM
You're sort of walled by JellyThorn. (Jellicent+Ferrothorn) might want to get a good way to deal with that.
Wait older gen.

Flygon is ussually better completely physical.
Choice band
Fire Punch
U turn
Outrage
Filler

Chuck$$$
9th April 2012, 9:10 AM
a better flygon moveset

Flygon @Choice scarf
Adamant nature
252 Atk/ 252 Spe/ 6 Hp
Outrage
U-Turn
Stone Edge
Earthquake

Gamefreak
11th April 2012, 9:38 PM
Expand Ludicolo's description a little bit please.