PDA

View Full Version : Do you give the game characters voices in your head?

mankeyonmyback
17th April 2012, 9:42 PM
I always do... And sometimes I can't stop laughing, cause someone will be in the middle of a dramatic speech, but I'll imagine them saying it in ed's voice from ed edd and eddy.

Buuut on a more serious note, I always imagined N's voice as really calm, and cheren's as more enthusiastic and a bit low. Oh and Iris' voice? Raspy, high pitched, and SUPER peppy. And I think we all imagine Clay with the same voice and accent haha.

I'm curious how other people imagine their voices :) Anyone, not just these characters.

WhiteRaine
18th April 2012, 2:02 AM
Hey, I do that too, with anything I read, really. (:

N, like yours, has a really calm/sexy voice. While Iris is high pitched and whiny. Bianca has a very, very fast, shrill voice (very peppy) while Cheren has an annoyed, low voice and sighs a lot. :P

JBallz3RF
19th April 2012, 11:54 PM
I do the same thing I always imagined Drayden with the voice of Piccalo

DragonCollector
20th April 2012, 6:54 AM
Yep I do too haha. Same as you guys, for some reason N just has that "sexier" confident, put together Low but not TOO low pitched voice to him :P Bianca and Iris sounds JUST as Ive always imagined, after playing the game I saw them on the Show and yep I was right on lol.

Demysta
20th April 2012, 7:11 AM
I do that as well! I gave Cheren one of those smart, overconfident kind of voices, Bianca as a shrill voiced prep, N as a calm and collected person, and Alder had the sort of deep and calming voice you'd attribute to a karate master or something. And Ghetsis... For some reason, Gandalf's voice was in my head and I imagined him with Gandalf's voice. o___o; I really have no idea what went through my mind with Ghetsis...

Archangel Armada
20th April 2012, 7:23 AM
I do that as well! I gave Cheren one of those smart, overconfident kind of voices, Bianca as a shrill voiced prep, N as a calm and collected person, and Alder had the sort of deep and calming voice you'd attribute to a karate master or something. And Ghetsis... For some reason, Gandalf's voice was in my head and I imagined him with Gandalf's voice. o___o; I really have no idea what went through my mind with Ghetsis...

This^ except for Ghetsis it was more of a... Voldemort voice... ._.

mankeyonmyback
20th April 2012, 8:34 AM
LOL I always give Ghetsis a Gandalf-ish voice too. Especially when he yells. And every time the seven sages talk I imagine this really low pedo voice... Because they seem like creeps ヽ(´ー`)┌

SoulEffect
20th April 2012, 4:14 PM
I give voices an am screaming Pikachu if i meat it or an other pokemon, but thats not all the time xD
And i am talking to my pokemons...

Cornelius
20th April 2012, 6:20 PM
Never. It's too much effort to give them voices.

If I did Let's Plays, then I would. But otherwise, it's just a fruitless endeavor on my part.

ShinyMienshao
21st April 2012, 9:44 PM
Haha. Actually, yes. And I had never realized until just now. I mean they have no voices so I'm pretty sure everybody does it.

Aura Of Twilight
21st April 2012, 10:32 PM
Haha Sure do! N has a sexy low voice. Cheren has a voice like Sasuke's from Naruto. Bianca sounds like she does in the anime in my head. XD

Serah
21st April 2012, 10:35 PM
Yeah I do it to practice with my va work on flash and other stuff online. Its fun

Shade2000
23rd April 2012, 11:56 AM
yeah, but they all sound alot like mine, especially N's, probably because i like him, alot. most sound a bit like all my friend though, like people i know, i think they should make the pokemon games like some other game i play where occasionally there are little videos with talking in them.

Sadu-Hem
23rd April 2012, 4:01 PM
Ghetsis sounds like Mark Hamill as the Joker to me.

I give N a nasally-sounding voice just for the hilarity of reading his "YER POGEYMANZ VOICE" lectures in it.

diamondpearl876
23rd April 2012, 5:36 PM
Nope. My mind tends to wander, so if I started focusing on giving them voices, those voices would completely deter from the actual game text. Could be amusing, but then I imagine I'd never really get anything done.

iPokemon
23rd April 2012, 9:11 PM
I don't usually imagine voices in my head, but I do imagine Clay's voice. He sounds weird in my head.

Trickster Zorua
23rd April 2012, 9:19 PM
I do it also! xD Even my pokémon sometimes. I'm maybe too old for it, but then the game is less boring and sometimes is it funny. x3

Dawn and Piplup
23rd April 2012, 9:20 PM
I do too! :)
Cheren has a really stubborn know-it-all voice
Bianca has an annoying high-pitched voice
Iris has a high-pitched voice
N has a calm sort of low-pitched voice

gamer_legend
23rd April 2012, 9:23 PM
Yeah but since I make up my own story I pretend the characters a much more experienced Champion from every region which he featured in the game and give him the voice of Dan Green.

Mr. Ribbles
24th April 2012, 5:58 AM
Yes, actually. I always imagine Drayden having a bit higher pitched voice than Piccilo's. Cheren being your typical arrogant jerk.

atypicalorca
24th April 2012, 1:46 PM
I do like imagining the voices of the characters. I think I do that automatically. I imagined N's voice to be calm as well, although sometimes pained. I imagined the seventh gym leader's voice to be gravelly and forceful.

It's pretty fun. Makes the game come alive. ^_^

TheEliteEmpoleon
27th April 2012, 10:17 PM
Now that I think about it, I do. I give them stereotypical voices like I made N sound gay.

Zorocario
27th April 2012, 10:24 PM
Yup, I always do this it makes the game way more fun.

DragonTrainerSilver
27th April 2012, 10:29 PM
Yes...alot...I imagine N to sound calm yet somewhat insane and I also imagine the champion Alder sounds like somewhat like Piccalo from dragonball Z.And don't get me started about the gym leader Elise sounding like Kristine Applegate(famous female actor starred in married with children).

Jacobthepokemonfreak
28th April 2012, 1:24 AM
I imagined N to have a voice sounding like zexion of kingdom hearts and that was because i thought the the 2 characters personalities matched, well until the very end of the story.
Though on the contrary to the gandalf-ghetsis thing I gave ghetsis marluxia's voice (also from kingdom hearts) cause they both looked somewhat pedo and the 7th gym leader got kakashi's voice(naruto)

Zenotwapal
28th April 2012, 3:01 AM
Normally I don't but when I was younger I used to.

When I first started playing at 10 I gave my character a voice.

Marbi Z
28th April 2012, 3:30 AM
I always like it when a voice in the anime sounds just like the one I imagined in the game.

RedAce♠
28th April 2012, 3:41 PM
I use too back in the older gens. Like Red, Blue, and Yellow. Pretty much up to platinum. I wish they had voices, instead of the read the text thing... I really find it annoying when I'm trying to get somewhere and this one person in the game won't shut-up! That is why I keep the text speed on it's highest setting, I honestly wish they had a skip feature when talking to someone. Because second playthroughs are annoying with all the talking and all the battles as well. All I do through a second playthrough is capture all the legends and get more copies of rare items. But this is all beside the point.

Making your own voices in your head for each character is great, but the reason I don't do it anymore is the fact I find most of the characters to be boring... unlike in the older gens ^^;

☭Secret_Shocker☭
29th April 2012, 7:52 PM
Yea, most of the time. Sometimes I wish our characters would be given voices.

x-sayrie-x
29th April 2012, 8:21 PM
All the time, with everything.

matgonor
2nd May 2012, 1:21 AM
Me too.
I think that light´s voice from death note (english) is perfectly suited for N.
Shauntal has a more simpatic tonea, but still calm and happy.
Marshall has a more strong voice, since he is a fighter and it´s mannerisms.
And bianca has the default annoying happy go-getter girl.

DMerle
2nd May 2012, 1:34 AM
I imagine Ghetsis with a typical evil laugh, and Bianca with a really deep manly voice - although the anime kinda ruined that for me.

Izanagi
2nd May 2012, 2:34 AM
I don't known why but I always give my characters voices. Then when I hear them in the anime an example would Bianca I always think to myself "That's not what imagine her voice would sound?" I always imagine Cilan to sound like Death the Kid for Soul Eater or Natsu from Fairy Tail. Points to anyone who guesses why.

Seles
3rd May 2012, 2:10 AM
Yes,I do.I think it makes the game seem more fun!

Malph
19th May 2012, 7:49 AM
Yes.

- Cheren: Uryu Ishida (from Bleach)
- Bianca: A higher pitched female voice.
- N: Kind of soft spoken, mid-pitched.
- Prof. Juniper: Her voice from the anime.
- Proff. Juniper Sr.: An English Accent
- Ghetsis: Evil British Guy
- All 6 Sages: Variations of "Old Guy"
- Cilan: Anime Voice
- Cress: Similar to Cilan's, but softer.
- Chili: Lloyd Irving (from Tales of Symphonia)
- Lenora: Kind of a southern accent.
- Burgh: Similar to Cilan's (it's a pretty useful voice for male characters).
- Elesa: Judith (from Tales of Vesperia)
- Clay: Texas accent.
- Skyla: A generic female voice
- Brycen: A quiet, rough voice.
- Drayden: Similar to Brycen's.
- Iris: Her Anime voice.
- Shauntal: Kind of like Velma from Scooby Doo
- Grimsley: A Louisiana accent
- Marshal: Loud and rough.
- Caitlin: Alice (from Tales of Symphonia 2)
- Alder: An older man's voice.

Ver-mont
19th May 2012, 8:09 AM
Yes. And I change their lines mentally, too. It makes the whole script a lot more fun.

Vandslaux
19th May 2012, 8:01 PM
To me, Cheren sounds overconfident.
Ghetsis sounds like a mad scientist.
N sounds calm.
Alder sounds calm as well.
Bianca.. well, I don't know, but kind of a low shrilly voice.

"Spite" DefaultAsAwesome
20th May 2012, 1:14 AM
Yeah. I like to make Ghetsis have some kind of Russian voice (I'm not racist XD) and N have some kind of pansie voice.

Furret-Luver
20th May 2012, 7:01 PM
yep, i even do it with people I'm battling against. sometimes i even talk back to them, lol.i like to give Ghetsis a deep serious voice, and Bianca a high pitched preppy kind of voice.

Astus
20th May 2012, 7:54 PM
Without a doubt. Gonna have to hold me over until it hopefully becomes a reality in the not too distant future.

Lorde
21st May 2012, 6:58 PM
I have, but they all sort of sound the same; I wasn't creative enough to give them distinct voices. Thank God that most of the important characters have already appeared in the anime. Now I can just give their in-game counterparts those voices instead of my terrible ones. :p

Sietse23
22nd May 2012, 4:21 AM
No, I'm just playing the game, I don't feel like doing work for making voices up.

Violetneko
22nd May 2012, 4:25 AM
I always hear my own voice when I read their dialogue. I don't have a really girly voice for the girls, or a manly voice for the men. Right in the middle.

airaid
24th May 2012, 1:57 AM
Yes. Yes I do.

I usually make up the voices I haven't already heard via the anime. Only sometimes I read aloud what I'm thinking, especially the funnier lines.

...at least I've learned not to do so while in public. Anymore.