PDA

View Full Version : Battle Subway Team [Singles]

32er
18th April 2012, 3:47 AM
So I recently made a battle subway team.. I think it's alright, but what do you guys think?

http://cdn.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/5/5f/Spr_5b_424_m.png
Ambipom @ silk scarf
Jolly
Technician
EVs: 252 Atk, 4 Sp. Def, 252 Speed
Moveset:
Fake Out
Return
Low kick
U-turn

http://cdn.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/b/ba/Spr_5b_286.png
Breloom @ toxic orb
Careful
Poison Heal
EVs: 236 HP, 212 Sp. Def, 60 Speed
Moveset:
Bulk Up
Seed Bomb
Drain Punch
Spore

http://cdn.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/1/19/Spr_5b_445_m.png
Garchomp @ lum berry
Jolly
Sand Veil
EVs: 4 HP, 252 Atk, 252 Speed
Moveset:
Swords Dance
Outrage
Earthquake
Stone Edge

chap196
18th April 2012, 3:51 AM
For Garchomp
Use Dragon Claw instead of Outrage because Outrage force you to use it continiously, also it will confuse yourself, Life Orb instead of Lum Berry for more Attack.
Hope this help

Meeeps
18th April 2012, 5:45 AM
For Garchomp
Use Dragon Claw instead of Outrage because Outrage force you to use it continiously, also it will confuse yourself, Life Orb instead of Lum Berry for more Attack.
Hope this help
Lum Berry is fine with Outrage, being forced to use a 120 STAB move which only Steel types resist is fine. Swords Dance negates the need for Life Orb as not much survives a SD Outrage from 'chomp.

Focus Sash might prove to be handy on Ambipom to increase it's staying power, but it's up to you really.
Shared Ice weakness might be an issue, especially with other poke being on the frail side.
Fire Fang over Stone Edge in my opinion, but that's mostly because I'm not a fan of inaccurate moves on the subway.

Good luck :)

chap196
18th April 2012, 5:52 AM
Outrage will let you use a move continiously which is not very good when you OHKO your opponent with outrage and your opponent change to a steel type next turn after you OHKO your opponent Pokemon, also you will not have every chance to use Sword Dance because if you see a Ice type Pokemon, then you will get OHKO first before you can use Sword Dance.

Stay Gold
18th April 2012, 12:28 PM
For Garchomp, you should consider a Choice Band set, with the moves Outrage, Earthquake, Fire Fang, Stone Edge/Crunch. It preforms very well in the Subway and theres nothing quite like the feeling of a Choice Banded Outrage. Outrage>>>>>Dragon Claw on Garchomp.

The Breloom looks fine. I dont know much about using it, but on Ambipom the optimal item would probably be either Life Orb or Focus Sash.

chap196
18th April 2012, 12:36 PM
For Stay Gold
Dragon Claw instead of Outrage, even though Choice will let you use the same move, but it will confuse itself which make Garchomp has 50% chance that it can't attack. I prefer Dragon Claw more in the Battle Subway. The rest of your set is fine, maybe Choice Scraf does work for Garchomp because Garchomp already has high Attack, also Choice Scraf help you to sweep your opponent team more easier.

Meeeps
18th April 2012, 3:48 PM
For Stay Gold
Dragon Claw instead of Outrage, even though Choice will let you use the same move, but it will confuse itself which make Garchomp has 50% chance that it can't attack.
Dragon Claw defies the point of Choice Band. CB Dragon Claw is the same as an unboosted Outrage.

You can always swap out to cure confusion and reset the Choice Band if you are that concerned about it. Though this is a bit difficult as Ambipom is frail and Breloom needs time to set up. I'd suggest running something with bulk if you to remove the Lum Berry.

Steel types aren't really a threat to Garchomp, even if he is in mid Outrage. Most Steel types can't OHKO a Garchomp, then 'chomp can Lum berry out of confusion and STAB EQ for a KO (especially if it got a SD up).

32er
19th April 2012, 10:49 AM
Thanks... I've changed Ambipom's item to focus sash and considering using a CB set for Chomp.