View Full Version : Lincoln Logs

AWB
22nd April 2012, 2:17 AM
http://tinyurl.com/7e4x5o4
Jolly Nature
Stone Edge
Earthquake
Waterfall
Ice Punch (Hopefully this is available in B2/W2)

http://tinyurl.com/3hbd425
Jolly Nature
Leaf Blade
Swords Dance
Rock Slide
Dragon Claw

http://tinyurl.com/7peblmm
Adamant Nature
Ice Fang
Wild Charge
Crunch
Thunder Wave

http://sprites.pokecheck.org/i/571.gif
Modest Nature
Dark Pulse
Flamethrower
Extrasensory
Nasty Plot

http://sprites.pokecheck.org/i/373.gif
Rash Nature
Dragon Pulse
Fire Blast
Earthquake
Hydro Pump

http://tinyurl.com/7ukekuy
Naive Nature
Flare Blitz
Close Combat
Grass Knot
Mach Punch

Thanks in advance!

davidchu
22nd April 2012, 4:00 AM
I can tell you probably don't want to switch your pokemon because of their shininess
still
Jolly isn't a great nature for a mixed attacker (Luxray), so either give it Wild Charge or go Masuada another one with a better nature.

for Salamence
Draco Meteor isn't suggested when your only physical move is Earthquake. Outrage or Dragon Claw could be a replacement for Roost.
If you can, switch Draco Meteor with Dragon Pulse.
Hydro Pump is also a considerable move on special salamence.

Overall, rethink your natures
Shininess doesn't mean anything.
Natures can determine if you lose or win a game.

chap196
22nd April 2012, 4:02 AM
Luxray
Item Life Orb
Nature Jolly
Ability Intimidate
Move Set
Thunder Fang/Wild Charge
Night Slash
Ice Fang
Thunder Wave/Iron Tail/Return
Don't play Special Attacker on Luxray because it has 25 base Special Attack less than Physical Attack, also you use Jolly Nature which even make Luxray have less Special Attack.
Thunder Fang can Paralyze and Flinch your oppoennt Pokemon or Wild Charge if you want more base power move
Night Slash is a good coverage move for Luxray, also it has high Critical Hit ratio
Ice Fang is a very good coverage move which can Freeze and flinch your opponent
Thunder Wave Paralyze your opponent Pokemon, Iron Tail for a bit more coverage and Return if you want a Normal Type move with a high base power

Physical Attacker Inferape
Item Life Orb/Choice Band
Nature Adamant/Jolly
Ability Blaze
Move Set
Flare Blitz
Close Combat
Earthquake
Stone Edge
Flare Blitz is a lot better than Overheat because Flare Blitz only have 20 less base power than Overheat and Overheat will lower your Special Attack by 2 Stage
Close Combat is a very powerful STAB move, also it has a very good coverage move
Earthquake is a very powerful Ground type move which have 100 accuracy
Stone Edge has a combo of QuakeEdge which mean it should have a very good coverage, also it has a high critical hit ratio
Life Orb if you want Inferape to have higher or if you like playing Choice, then you need to use Choice Band

Hope this help

AWB
22nd April 2012, 4:21 AM
Thank you chap196 and davidchu, I would like to say before any more advice is given that the only shiny that has been hatched so far is the Swampert (Mudkip), so I can change the Natures without worrying. Here is an updated list with the changes I have made:
Luxray
Adamant Nature
Ice Fang
Thunder Fang
Night Slash
Thunder Wave

Salamance
Rash Nature
Dragon Pulse
Fire Blast
Earthquake
Hydro Pump

Infernape
Naive Nature
Flare Blitz
Close Combat
Grass Knot
Mach Punch

davidchu
22nd April 2012, 4:44 AM
Thank you chap196 and davidchu, I would like to say before any more advice is given that the only shiny that has been hatched so far is the Swampert (Mudkip), so I can change the Natures without worrying. Here is an updated list with the changes I have made:
Luxray
Adamant Nature
Ice Fang
Thunder Fang
Night Slash
Thunder Wave

Salamance
Rash Nature
Dragon Pulse
Fire Blast
Earthquake
Hydro Pump

Infernape
Naive Nature
Flare Blitz
Close Combat
Grass Knot
Mach Punch

How about the Outrage + Moxie Combo on Salamence? You can choose to switch or not to whenever you want in-game, so it'll be crazy.

oh yeah and salamance salamence.

AWB
22nd April 2012, 4:47 AM
I don't think I'll be able to get a Salamence with Moxie from the dream world just because I need 10,000 Dream World Points and I have ~800 points, so as much as I would like one, I think I will just have to settle for a normal one. Oh, and sorry about the spelling error.

Sohryu
22nd April 2012, 6:04 AM
Luxray@leftovers
Adamant Nature
Ability: Intimidate
~Wild Charge
~Crunch
~Ice Fang
~Howl
Huhn, Why Thunder Fang? Wild Charge is way too superior. Night Slash isn't needed, Crunch is a better option. Relying on Night Slash To do a critical hit isn't a great option, go with more power.
Infernape@Muscle Band
Jolly Nature
~Bulk Up
~Fire Punch
~Rock Slide
~Brick Break
The most reliablity Set for Infernape. None of those move does recoil damage. And with a Bonus, it hits 9/17 types for SE Damage ^^

chap196
22nd April 2012, 10:30 AM
For Luxray
Thunder Wave is a lot better than Howl because Thunder Wave make your opponent Paralyze which make Luxray have higher chance to be faster than your opponent, also Luxray is easy to get 2HKO, so Paralyze will make your opponent slower than you in the next turn, also if you are lucky then your opponent Pokemon can't Attack because of Paralyze (it has 25% chance that your opponent can't Attack because of Paralyze). If you use Howl then you can't survive the Pokemon that can 2HKO you when you are slower than your opponent Pokemon, also Howl gain your Attack only by 1 stage and doesn't help you to sweep your opponent because it doesn't gain any speed and Luxray is not very fast, it only has 70 base speed, so Thunder Wave is a lot better than Howl. Night Slash is better than Crunch because it only have 10 base power less than Crunch and if Night Slash critical hit your opponent Pokemon, then it would have a lot more power than Crunch.

For Infernape
Infernape need to use high base power move because Infernape need to OHKO your opponent in 1 turn or it may get OHKO first. Your move set work, but just changing Fire Punch to Flare Blitz, Brick Break to Close Combat and Rock Slide to Stone Edge, but I recommend Earthquake more than Bulk Up for more coverage.

Kansas_Rocks!
22nd April 2012, 2:15 PM
but I recommend Earthquake more than Bulk Up for more coverage.

You do know that Close Combat and Earthquake cover just about the same types, so they are not both needed on the same team. I would suggest maybe Shadow Claw, because it gains perfect coverage with Close Combat, or, and this is the better deal, he could stay with the set he has to use Infernape as one of the best uses for Infernape, which is wallbreaking.

Aurath8
22nd April 2012, 2:17 PM
If I remember correctly, the chance of getting a critical hit with Night Slash is 12.5%. However Crunch has a 20% chance of lowering the opponents Defence. In the long run Crunch will do more damage than Night Slash not to mention that it's always better to rely on power than luck.

Swords Dance over Toxic on Sceptile. He's an offensive Pokemon, and will want to do as much damage as possible.

chap196
22nd April 2012, 2:48 PM
They are better in the other way, if Night Slash a critical hit then it will still have more power than Crunch when you already lower your opponent defense by 1 stage, however Crunch has more chance to lower your opponent Defense than Night Slash's critical hit, but when you critical hit by using Night Slash the base power become 140 immediately in one Attack, but if you lower defense by using Crunch then the base power will still be 80 in the turn that you use Crunch and in the next turn the power of Crunch will become 120. It is still AWB choice to use Night Slash and Crunch because they are good in the other way

For Kansas_Rocks!
Fighting and Ground doesn't quite share coverage, only Ground and Steel that it share coverage and the rest are not, like Fighting can Super Effective Ice,Normal and Dark and Ground can Super Effective Electric,Fire and Poison. It still have more coverage than Fighting and Ghost.

Kansas_Rocks!
22nd April 2012, 3:10 PM
For Kansas_Rocks!
Fighting and Ground doesn't quite share coverage, only Ground and Steel that it share coverage and the rest are not, like Fighting can Super Effective Ice,Normal and Dark and Ground can Super Effective Electric,Fire and Poison. It still have more coverage than Fighting and Ghost.

Um, no? Fighting and Ghost gets perfect neutral coverage, and the only thing that Earthquake hits that none of the other coverage moves hit are electric, which are generally very frail, and most attacks will do serious damage, and poison, which can be taken out by any other coverage move, and poison usually have a secondary type which is weak to one of the other attacks, such as grass (weak to fire), or flying (weak to rock).

chap196
22nd April 2012, 3:19 PM
If you don't like Earthquake then use Shadow Claw like what you suggest or if you don't mind about putting Special Attack move, then you need to use Grass Knot instead for even better coverage than Shadow Claw and Earthquake, if you put Grass Knot then you need to use Life Orb instead of Choice Band or Muscle Band.
Hope this help

terrytorterra
22nd April 2012, 4:53 PM
They are better in the other way, if Night Slash a critical hit then it will still have more power than Crunch when you already lower your opponent defense by 1 stage, however Crunch has more chance to lower your opponent Defense than Night Slash's critical hit, but when you critical hit by using Night Slash the base power become 140 immediately in one Attack, but if you lower defense by using Crunch then the base power will still be 80 in the turn that you use Crunch and in the next turn the power of Crunch will become 120. It is still AWB choice to use Night Slash and Crunch because they are good in the other way

very much like Kansas already said, it's better to be able to KO without having to rely on luck. unless you're crit abusing, there's really no need to use Night Slash over Crunch.
But I must say, it's really a minor difference, you could use either one.

AWB
22nd April 2012, 6:55 PM
Thanks everybody! I've made changes to the first post!

Ana_Julía
22nd April 2012, 11:39 PM
Thanks everybody! I've made changes to the first post!

MixedApe with only Grassknot aren't aceptable, stick with Flame thrower instead of Flare blitz if you wish to go Mixed. I would recomend the standard set for a fast Sweeper
Infernape@leftovers
Jolly Nature
~Fire Punch
~Close Combat
~Rock Slide/Stone Edge
~Swords Dance
All Physical 'ape works better than Mixed, at least for me. Flare Blitz and Close Combat Is Overkill. Also, if you could get the DW Ability of Infernape, Fire Punch get's a Base Power of 135, so it gonna be enough ^^
@Chap196
-Whats the Relevance of hitting Poison and Eletric?
Losing a Valuable Moveslot for countering those 2 isn't viable.
They aren't a big issue, since they take Neutral Damage from 'Ape move set.