PDA

View Full Version : Should I use Swampert or Metagross in my competetive team

ARBryan
22nd April 2012, 8:29 PM
I am currently breeding an EV training pokemon in soul silver which I'm going to transfer over to Pokemon White soon, and so far my team is:
Dragonite
Scyther
Weavile
Arcanine
Lucario

I'm not too fussed about most of my pokemon being in lower tiers than dragonite and lucario because I think I can use them to the best of their ability but I am stumped on what pokemon to use as my tank, I was originally going to go for a Curse tank Swampert, because of its good defensive capabilities, decent power and only being weak to grass.

And then I got thinking about Metagross...
Because Metagross has high as hell attack and defense, which I think would make it a pretty good pokemon for both taking and dealing blows, and I was particularly interested in an impish natured Metagross, to give that high defense the extra edge at the cost of some special attack that I'm not going to need. But metagross has a lot more weaknesses than Swampert, but I'm pretty worried about earthquake and most special based fire attacks, which swampert has a very good resistance too.

So what do you guys think? Sorry if I seem noobish, but I've never played competetively before and this is my first attempt and building a working powerful team. Thanks for the help

Wailmer
23rd April 2012, 10:51 AM
I'm having the same problem with Houndoom Tyranitar and Metagross. Go with swampert, ground types are really efective

Gamefreak
24th April 2012, 4:46 AM
Read the rules please.