PDA

View Full Version : Trick Room Team! Help and advice wanted!

ZigzagGama
27th April 2012, 12:54 AM
I thought up a trick room team that I figured could work in both singles and (mostly) doubles. I get right into listing my team and see what you think~

Dusknoir (Careful-Pressure-Focus Sash)
Trick Room
Ice Punch
Shadow Punch
Will-O-Wisp
He is my trick room setter-upper. He holds the focus sash so that he can survive even the nastiest of attacks in order to set up the trick room. He has a careful nature to counter any potential shadow balls, which are arguably the most common ghost move on a non ghost Pokemon, plus, I can use will-o-wisp to lower my opponent's attack.

Aggron (Impish-Sturdy-Liechi Berry)
Ice Punch
Endeaveor
Rock Slide
Stealth Rock
I use the stealth rock for it's obvious purpose and endeavor to break any particularly nasty walls once down to my sturdy ability. My attack boosting berry will also be activated and I'll be able to do some heavy damage to my opponent's team before aggron is knocked out.

Regice (Calm-Clear Body-Wide Lens)
Rest
Sleep Talk
Blizzard
Thunder
Yes, I know. An offensive Regice??? I find this to be an extremely effective move set that single handedly sweeped at the Battle Tower in HG as well as outlasted a hacked wonder guard darkrai as it killed itself with struggle.

Milotic (Calm-Marvel Scale-Lum Berry)
Ice Beam
Scald
Rest
Sleep Talk
It is a little too similar to regice's move set, but I still think it's very good. Scald over surf because I don't want to harm my ally and burning the opponent is always a plus. Ice Beam over blizzard simply because of the accuracy and I don't really want to take any chances with grass types. Her ability allows her defense to raise while she sleeps, and she won't be completely helpless with sleep talk. I did not choose mirror coat because it is often too predictable and I bred it with a foreign ditto to get it shiny.

Armaldo (Adamant-Battle Armor-Rocky Helmet)
X-Scissor
Curse
Rockslide
Earthquake
I know what I said about surf and milotic, but earthquake is just too good to pass up. His low speed and high attack makes him a great sweeper for a trick room team. I've also considered giving him a choice band.

Deoxys -Def. Form- (Bold-Pressure-Leftovers)
Trick Room
Calm Mind
Psychic
Toxic
My trick room back up restorer. Granted, Deoxys is often considered and über, but when I researched it, I found the Def. form wasn't always. That's weird. Either way, he makes a great wall even if he doesn't work perfectly considering it is decently fast, which isn't always the bet thing for a trick room team. However, if he can quickly jump in and restore the trick room before the opponent gets the chance to attack, I'll still be happy.

So there's my team. Please, PLEASE help if you have any, ahem, CONSTRUCTIVE, opinions. Thank you :)

davidchu
27th April 2012, 2:28 AM
1. Get at least 3 pokemon to use Trick Room. Trick Room doesn't have something like Light Clay to support it, so it will fade quickly. And since you can only pick 3 pokemon for singles and 4 pokemon for doubles, you want to make sure you have at least 2 pokemon with Trick Room every time.
2. You don't need 3 pokemon with ice moves. Get rid of Regice or Milotic, preferably Milotic. I did NOT use trick rooms before, so I have no idea what to replace it with. Maybe the typical Ferrothorn or Reuniclus?

chap196
27th April 2012, 7:35 AM
For Aggron
I recommend Rock Head Ability more than Sturdy, so you can use Head Smash and Double Edge without getting recoil, also Aggron has a very low chance to use Sturdy because Aggron have a very high defense. Head Smash instead of Rock Slide for a lot more power and has a combo with Rock Head by not getting any recoil. Iron Head or Double Edge instead of Endeavor because Endeavor was not needed much, also Iron Head give more coverage or Double Edge for a high base power move.
Hope this help

ZigzagGama
27th April 2012, 3:25 PM
Oh, ok. I like to have multiple pokemon with ice moves as "dragon busters", but having a third Pokemon with trick room is defiantly a good idea. As for aggron, I've considered changing to rock head but I'm worried about special water types who can usually 1 hit KO an aggron. But those times from both of you are very good, and I'll take them. Do know any good trick room Pokemon that can replace milotic then?

davidchu
27th April 2012, 9:09 PM
Oh, ok. I like to have multiple pokemon with ice moves as "dragon busters", but having a third Pokemon with trick room is defiantly a good idea. As for aggron, I've considered changing to rock head but I'm worried about special water types who can usually 1 hit KO an aggron. But those times from both of you are very good, and I'll take them. Do know any good trick room Pokemon that can replace milotic then?

Ferrothorn and Escalavier are the slowest evolved pokemon with 20 speed.
Slowking and Slowbro are great special bulky pokemon, both with 30 speed.
Though Musharna also has 30 speed, I personally recommend Reuniclus. (you already have Deoxys def though)
Bronzong could be a useful Dual Screener at 33 speed.

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/List_of_Pok%C3%A9mon_by_base_stats

ZigzagGama
27th April 2012, 10:38 PM
Ok then, I thought about two replacements based on your recommendations, what are your thoughts?

Bronzong (Careful - Levitate - Light Clay)
Light Screen
Trick Room
Iron Head
Reflect

Or

Slowbro (Calm - Regenerator [if possible] - item?)
Yawn
Trick Room
Scald
Dream Eater
(perhaps I should go for some def. boosting moves?)

davidchu
27th April 2012, 11:03 PM
Ok then, I thought about two replacements based on your recommendations, what are your thoughts?

Bronzong (Careful - Levitate - Light Clay)
Light Screen
Trick Room
Gyro Ball
Reflect

Or

Slowbro (Calm - Regenerator [if possible] - Leftovers/Big Root)
Yawn
Trick Room
Scald
Dream Eater
(perhaps I should go for some def. boosting moves?)

Remember, Gyro Ball still works in Trick Room. Just another great thing to take advantage of.
For Slowbro, I'd say the set looks pretty cool (and I actually have a calm regenerator slowbro which is will NOT be trading -.-)
I use Psychic and Slack Off instead, but I think Dream Eater would work as a HP restoring move (the process will be LONG though)

Choose between Yawn and Trick Room. If you use both, Slowbro will most likely die or have to switch out.

ZigzagGama
28th April 2012, 8:27 PM
Remember, Gyro Ball still works in Trick Room. Just another great thing to take advantage of.
For Slowbro, I'd say the set looks pretty cool (and I actually have a calm regenerator slowbro which is will NOT be trading -.-)
I use Psychic and Slack Off instead, but I think Dream Eater would work as a HP restoring move (the process will be LONG though)

Choose between Yawn and Trick Room. If you use both, Slowbro will most likely die or have to switch out.

Ok, it that case, what kind of move set would you recommend?

davidchu
29th April 2012, 2:30 AM
for bronzong I already corrected it for you.
For
Slowbro @Leftovers
252 HP/ 252 Spe.Atk/ 4 Don't know, don't care
Regenerator, Calm Nature
- Flamethrower
- Surf/Scald
- Psychic
- Slack Off

The ultimate special tank. Kills quickly with Trick Room in play, with huge defenses, it can restore lots of HP.

ZigzagGama
29th April 2012, 4:20 AM
for bronzong I already corrected it for you.
For
Slowbro @Leftovers
252 HP/ 252 Spe.Atk/ 4 Don't know, don't care
Regenerator, Calm Nature
- Flamethrower
- Surf/Scald
- Psychic
- Slack Off

The ultimate special tank. Kills quickly with Trick Room in play, with huge defenses, it can restore lots of HP.

Thanks so much for your help!! :)

boyerboy
29th April 2012, 4:51 AM
Realisticly, Mr.Mime. but commpetitivly its pretty good :) though on Wifi Deoxis is banned.