PDA

View Full Version : Please rate my Pokemon Black team

The Harbinger of Peace
27th April 2012, 3:42 AM
Thanks to Shine, the most epic person in the world, he has helped me get pretty good moveset for my team, even though all I did was say "hey heres a few Pokemon I like, I need some movesets, please help" lol.
Anyway this is it, the team has been very successful in wifi battles, and I would to take the opportunity to say thanks again to Shine.

Serperior
Adamant Nature
~Leaf Blade
~Return
~Dragon Tail
~Coil

Empoleon
Modest Nature
~Surf
~Ice Beam
~Grass Knot
~Flash Cannon

Lucario
Mild/Rash Nature
~Aura Sphere
~Shadow Ball
~Dragon Pulse
~Blaze Kick

Haxorus
Adamant/Jolly Nature, Mold Breaker ability
~Rock Slide
~Earthquake
~Dragon Claw
~Dragon Dance

Reshiram
Modest/Timid Nature
~Blue Flare
~Dragon Pulse
~Focus Blast
~Shadow Ball

Zekrom
Adamant/Jolly Nature
~Bolt Strike
~Dragon Claw
~Stone Edge
~Hone Claws

peacemaker987
27th April 2012, 4:32 AM
Serperior is beaten by steel types; replace Dragon Tail with Leech Seed. That way you can recover health, and the other person doesn't get a free hit. (I'm assuming this is s-crmt)

Lucario is an odd choice for a mixed sweeper, his/her offensive stats aren't very destructive. Stick to one. Fight+Dark/Ghost hits everything for at least neutral, so the last slot can be used for priority or whatever you need for coverage.
]Lucario@Wise Glasses
]Modest | Steadfast
• Nasty Plot
• Aura Sphere
• Dark Pulse/Shadow Ball
• Vacuum Wave / filler

I'd give Haxorus Outrage/Dual Chop > Dragon Claw, one for power, and the other for Subs. You'd be faster than most subbed pokemon, so Outrage is a little better. It's good to be able to ensure a KO.

Zekrom is a good mix sweeper for for his 150/120 offensive stats. Take advantage.
Zekrom@Life Orb
Naughty | Teravolt
Bolt Strike
Draco Meteor
Stone Edge / filler
Volt Change

Good luck.

terrytorterra
27th April 2012, 7:57 PM
110 base attack and 115 base SpAtk isnt destructive? I dont doubt that Luke makes a great mixed Sweeper.
especially after a SD or a Nasty Plot, both of which it can learn.

But I think you should stick Extremespeed on him, to get an amazing priority, along with that nice fighting-ghost combo.

I dont think i have to mention the triple ice weakness,

@peacemaker
Dragontail phazes out steel types so you dont have to deal with them... thats what dragon tail is for.
and I disagree with volt switch, but i can see your logic there

Aurath8
27th April 2012, 9:15 PM
For Reshiram you literally do not need any moves apart from your STABs. Shadow Ball is outpowered by Blue Flare and I think Focus Blast isn't worth that horrible accuracy when you hit every Pokemon in the game unresisted. Turboblaze laughs at you Heatran.

Reshiram@Life Orb/Choice Specs
Timid
-Blue Flare
-Draco Meteor
-Fusion Flare
-Dragon Pulse

Fusion Flare and Dragon Pulse is when you want accurate attacks for weakened opponents. Blue Flare and Draco Meteor is when you want destruction to rain from the heavens.

Shine
29th April 2012, 2:59 AM
Lucario is an odd choice for a mixed sweeper, his/her offensive stats aren't very destructive.

Zekrom is a good mix sweeper for for his 150/120 offensive stats.

so 110/115 (only 5 points difference) isn't good for Mixed set, yet 150/120 (30 points difference) is good for Mixed? :p

110 base attack and 115 base SpAtk isnt destructive? I dont doubt that Luke makes a great mixed Sweeper.

^
that.

But I think you should stick Extremespeed on him, to get an amazing priority, along with that nice fighting-ghost combo.

I completely forgot it learns Extremespeed lol.

I dont think i have to mention the triple ice weakness

Not to mention the triple dragon weak and the heavy quadruple ground weak :p

Dragontail phazes out steel types so you dont have to deal with them... thats what dragon tail is for.

Yep. It's okay if it is gets stopped by Steels, Dragon Tail forces them to switch out anyway, or if there are still a few remaining Pokemon, you can just switch.

For Reshiram you literally do not need any moves apart from your STABs. Shadow Ball is outpowered by Blue Flare and I think Focus Blast isn't worth that horrible accuracy when you hit every Pokemon in the game unresisted. Turboblaze laughs at you Heatran.

Reshiram@Life Orb/Choice Specs
Timid
-Blue Flare
-Draco Meteor
-Fusion Flare
-Dragon Pulse

Fusion Flare and Dragon Pulse is when you want accurate attacks for weakened opponents. Blue Flare and Draco Meteor is when you want destruction to rain from the heavens.

I forgot Turboblaze even exist lol. Yeah, use aurawarrior's Reshiram set instead.

terrytorterra
29th April 2012, 5:59 AM
lol thanks Shine for quote me so many times :P

But even with turbo blaze heat ran still resists---
Fire hits steels... lol forgot

Archstaraptor
2nd May 2012, 10:52 PM
A suggestion for Lucario@Leftovers:
Bulk Up
Extreme Speed
Earthquake
Force Palm/Close Combat/Aura Sphere

Setting up is always important-and with fire pokemon being your only real special threat,Earthquake is always a useful option.Otherwise,you'll be fearing Earthquake yourself and other powerful ground and fighting moves.Which-with some exceptions-are physical threats only.So setting up with bulk up might be a more reassuring plan than crossing your fingers on the first turn if using Sword Dance.Other advantages include further fortification of your other 10 resistances and the fact that priority moves-bar Vaccum Wave- will have difficulty picking you off when on low HP.
Extreme Speed is a very powerful form of priority that should not be ignored after setting up-base 80 is nothing to scoff at.
Force Palm is downgraded often,but after set up,you will be dealing some respectable damage with the 30% opportunity to paralyse your opponent,aiding leftovers recovery,presenting more set-up opportunities either for yourself or another teammate-a paralysed Garchomp can be outsped and KO'd more easily.
Au contraire-Close Combat kills things.Your defences suffer however.
Aura Sphere is a useful method of countering pokemon with an inferior sp.def stat.

Serperior already sets up in a similar way-both pokemon are capable of performing Calm Mind sets as well,but it's entirely your choice:I'm not surprised that the team's doing well online if you have both Box legendaries though!
It's a great team,as always :)

peacemaker987
3rd May 2012, 1:25 AM
especially after a SD or a Nasty Plot, both of which it can learn.

I guess I expressed myself a little oddly: I meant that it'd be better to go with either an SD or NP set to fully capitalize on one strength, Lucario doesn't really have any big-shot attacks to justify mixing besides HJK, Focus Blast and CC, all of which can/will cripple Lucario, ending its sweep. Just being a little conservative :/

@peacemaker
Fair enough, but Leech Seed (if he's playing s-crmt) can do the same thing, and without decreased priority.

so 110/115 (only 5 points difference) isn't good for Mixed set, yet 150/120 (30 points difference) is good for Mixed? :p
I don't see your point.
The difference between offensive stats doesn't necessarily make a mixed sweeper good or bad, as long as they can deal devastating damage from both sides. What makes Zekrom a "better suited" mixed sweeper is that he has superior instant power, and he lacks a reliable boosting move, making it his only option. Furthermore, access to devastating moves amend the apparent weakness in a "low" special attack. Not to say that Lucario is bad, I'm just saying Zekrom would do a better job in most cases, considering both of them rely mostly on neutral coverage in this case.

davidchu
3rd May 2012, 2:44 AM
I don't see your point.
The difference between offensive stats doesn't necessarily make a mixed sweeper good or bad, as long as they can deal devastating damage from both sides. What makes Zekrom a "better suited" mixed sweeper is that he has superior instant power, and he lacks a reliable boosting move, making it his only option. Furthermore, access to devastating moves amend the apparent weakness in a "low" special attack. Not to say that Lucario is bad, I'm just saying Zekrom would do a better job in most cases, considering both of them rely mostly on neutral coverage in this case.

Good point actually
Zekrom is not really a "mixed" sweeper, but he can deal mass damage with Draco Meteor, and completely focus on physical and ignore the after effects
isn't that great?? (btw most psuedo-legendaries can do that too)