PDA

View Full Version : What are you're goals in Pokemon?

Ti4558
30th April 2012, 1:08 AM
I'm just wondering:523:

Geog112
30th April 2012, 10:13 PM
Basically, I wanna be the very best, like no one ever was. To catch them is my real test and to train them is my cause. Then, I will travel across the lands, searching far and wide, each Pokemon to understand, the power thats inside.

Ok, on a serious note :P
I want to try and get my whole team up to at least level 80.

AWB
30th April 2012, 11:20 PM
Get a perfect team that I personally create with the best EV/IV stats, shiny or not, whatever, and then maxed at level 100.

AWB
30th April 2012, 11:21 PM
Get a perfect team that I personally create with the best EV/IV stats, shiny or not, whatever, and then maxed at level 100.

shinydragonairgirl
30th April 2012, 11:26 PM
own every pokemon (the ones that can be ) in their shiny form.

Knailsic
30th April 2012, 11:49 PM
Really just fill the entire Dex and get my two teams to Level 100

cabooseman
30th April 2012, 11:56 PM
Find time to breed a pokemon with flawless stats

Kalosian
1st May 2012, 12:24 AM
Win at the Battle Subway and get a 5-star Trainer Card.
After that... I don't really know.

☭Secret_Shocker☭
1st May 2012, 11:10 AM
Get the perfect team, be the very best trainer and have lots of Pokemon.

Lucaren
1st May 2012, 2:19 PM
I wanna make a perfect team, so i can be better online.

SmartD
1st May 2012, 7:12 PM
Get every Pokemon in the Pokedex.

Princess Raspberyl
1st May 2012, 8:05 PM
Getting a Pokemon to level 100. ^_^

The Unknown Twinkie
1st May 2012, 10:07 PM
My goal is too have my dream team pokemon on level 100.

diamondpearl876
1st May 2012, 10:45 PM
I'd just like to fill up my pokedex completely. I've also thought about owning every pokemon in shiny form before, which isn't impossible with the trading threads here.

Indigoodra
1st May 2012, 10:48 PM
To make a team that doesn't suck. :P

TheEliteEmpoleon
1st May 2012, 10:55 PM
Simple: Catch 'em all!

Klinklang_1024
1st May 2012, 11:10 PM
To become the best competitive battler that there ever was

iPokemon
1st May 2012, 11:13 PM
Get my team to level 100, and complete the Pokedex.

Vandslaux
2nd May 2012, 12:04 AM
As for right now, RNG dex.

Ti4558
2nd May 2012, 12:08 AM
My goals for Black/White 2 is to make a great team and to complete the unova dex.

Demysta
2nd May 2012, 12:17 AM
Get a few shiny Pokemon, get my dream team to level 100, and complete the Pokedex! :)

MetalVictini
2nd May 2012, 2:31 AM
At this point, I just want to beat Cynthia before Black 2 and White 2 come out.

32er
2nd May 2012, 3:29 AM
Beat each game 32 times.

LucariotheRedwolf
2nd May 2012, 3:33 AM
I want to be the very best like no one every was lol and to catch them is my real test to train them is my cause! So pretty much catch 'em all and be pretty good in at least most of the games except for black and white

YukimenokoManyula
2nd May 2012, 3:54 AM
Because I am so darn tired of the BW pokemon for some strange reason..(Except Eelektross)..I am going to trade my specially bred pokemon from Soulsilver/Platinum to have a team I have always wanted.

Ohitsdylan
2nd May 2012, 4:16 AM
I want to be the very best...
Like no one ever was
To catch them is my real test
To train them is my cause (oooh)
I will travel across the land
Searchin' far and wide
Each Pokemon to understand
The power that's inside! (Power inside!)
Pokemon!
It's you and me.
I know it's my destiny!
Pokemon!
Ooh you're my best friend
In a world we must defend!
Pokemon!
A heart so true
Our courage will pull us through
You teach me and I'll teach you
Pokemon!
(Gotta catch 'em) Gotta catch 'em Gotta catch 'em all!
Every challenge along the way
With courage I will face
I will battle everyday
To claim my rightful place!
Come with me, the time is right!
There's no better team
Arm and arm, we'll win the fight!
It's always been a dream!
Pokemon!
It's you and me.
I know it's my destiny!
Pokemon!
Pokemon!
A heart so true
Pokemon!
(Gotta catch 'em) Gotta catch 'em (Pokemon!)
Pokemon!
It's you and me.
I know it's my destiny!
Pokemon!
Pokemon!
A heart so true
Pokemon!
(I'll catch you!)
(Gotta catch 'em Gotta catch 'em Gotta catch 'em all!
Pokemon!

....ಠ_ಠ

Robeson64
2nd May 2012, 6:58 AM
Damn looks like I was too late to spam lyrics of the song :p Oh well one more time: I want to be the very best like no one every was"

atypicalorca
2nd May 2012, 5:54 PM
To win with my favourites, no matter how "weak" they are.

Shinku
2nd May 2012, 6:47 PM
To complete the Pokedex (one of two more pokes to go), to get lots of level 100's and to have a team which I'm happy with *has a habit of abandoning and restarting games when unhappy with stuff* x_x

BurningWhiteKyurem
2nd May 2012, 7:40 PM
Complete Dex, migrate past pokemon, and be the very best like no one ever was :D

The Nemesis
2nd May 2012, 9:14 PM
I achieved one of my goals yesterday as I finally got my Scyther to level 100. My first ever self-earned 100 (I have a couple of 100s that I got in trades) and I did it all the way from hatching it as an egg. That's my proudest accomplishment so far.

My remaining goals are to complete my pokedex (I came close to completing my Sinnoh Natl' dex, but I might just turn and focus on Unova instead now) and to continue playing the game, building teams, finding enjoyable pokemon and evolving my "hall of fame" team to be better and more fun.

Really, it's all about the fun.

Seles
5th May 2012, 4:21 PM
Fill both pokedexes and get all 3 shiny starters.

nandamaung
6th May 2012, 1:22 AM
I'd be just happy to complete the Pokedex.

Trioxhydre
10th May 2012, 1:11 AM
To win as much random matchups as possable xD;

They're fun.

That, and, I guess get my brother his thunderous if I can find the patience for it...

Ti4558
10th May 2012, 2:15 AM
To make a good pokemon team;448;

mewichooseyou
10th May 2012, 2:28 AM
-Hatch a shiny starter
-get one of my Pokemon (doesn't matter which one right now) to lv 100
-complete the Pokedex

but my ultimate goal is:

GET A SHINY MEW!!!!!

Archangel Armada
10th May 2012, 6:55 PM
Get a few shiny Pokemon, get my dream team to level 100, and complete the Pokedex! :)

This^ except I already completed the Pokedex. But also I want to add that I want to raise my dream team in its shiny form too :P So far I just have 2 Pokemon of my team in shiny form.

Skywardswordsman
10th May 2012, 7:07 PM
My main goals are to fill the pokedex in at least three games and to catch my own shiny :)

TheBluePorygon
10th May 2012, 10:04 PM
To random encounter a shiny, it's been a while

jireh the provider
12th May 2012, 5:24 PM
Make as many diversed teams as possible for the possible/not arrival of the next pokeomn XD/battle revolution/coliseum.

Lets fight there in immerse 3D!!! maybe in year 2018?

Blazikener
12th May 2012, 5:47 PM
I would like a Shiny Pokemon with one of my 20 OTs on it, it you know what I mean.

Rizzle
13th May 2012, 3:24 AM
I want to be known globally, nationally, or just on some sites as someone that is to be reckoned with online but also as someone who is willing to help with trades, breeding, events, etc.

The Pwner
13th May 2012, 3:41 AM
I wanna be the very best, like no one ever was. To catch them is my real test and to train them is my cause. Then, I will travel across the lands, searching far and wide, each Pokemon to understand, the power thats inside.

POKEYMON!!!!!

Zeprimus
13th May 2012, 5:24 AM
Working hard to complete my National Dex in White...up to 485 now! I need to catch the legendaries from Diamond and a few Gen4 to PokeTransfer, then from there it's just the monumental task of transferring the rest over from my old copy of Emerald.

After that, I'll (finally) be making my team for online battling and BW2. I figure I'll use the few weeks that the online services are down to finish that.

HTodd
13th May 2012, 3:18 PM
As for now, complete my nuzlocke on Black! Once that's done, I'm going to try my hand at EV Training a team and competitive battling.
Other than that, finding at least one shiny!

"Spite" DefaultAsAwesome
13th May 2012, 3:46 PM
To find a shiny Pokemon after my 5th or so year of playing Pokemon...

ShinyMienshao
13th May 2012, 5:07 PM
To find ONE shiny Pokemon. And I don't care what it is. In every generation game I have. So far it's every game except my soulsilver for some reason.

EspNeon
13th May 2012, 5:49 PM
To find a team of Pokemon that I can work perfectly with but my main goal is to complete my Pokedex.

cabooseman
15th May 2012, 1:25 AM
I finally managed to beat Elite 4 with their levels increased. Accomplishment for me :)

empoleon49
15th May 2012, 11:55 AM
Finish the Pokedex, get a great team.

EonInfinity
15th May 2012, 2:20 PM
To get a random shiny ;n;

CupcakeSkittyKat
15th May 2012, 5:22 PM
I want to create a team that consists of only cat-like pokemon. Of course, without EV training these pokemon tend to be fairly weak, even at lvl 100... so, my goal is to construct a team of these pokemon that is strong enough to compete with even the strongest pokemon teams :)
(maybe even find a shiny kitty-pokemon <3)

Kall El
3rd June 2012, 8:12 PM
My goal is to become a Pokemon Master.
To overcome any adversary, obstacle and challenge in my way.
In other words, become the strongest trainer in the Region.
But most of all, travel around adventuring and creating memories, meeting new friends and training all sorts of Pokemon.
Really, my Goal expands everywhere.
Adventure, Memories and League Champion :]]

SuperPichu
20th June 2012, 7:54 PM
Play, have fun, train, battle, overcome anything, meet new Pokemon, be a Pokemon Master and recently, complete my National Dex (what I can of it at least).

ShinyMienshao
20th June 2012, 8:00 PM
I change my mind; it's actually to earn at least 10 shiny pokemon.

Dragalge
20th June 2012, 10:30 PM
My goal is to be the Durant King and one day, obtain Meloetta.

kadabra spoon
20th June 2012, 10:32 PM
to get all three of my teams to lv 100

BlazingCold
20th June 2012, 11:25 PM
Strange enough, I don't set goals. I just make a good team.

Birds of Paradise
21st June 2012, 6:12 AM
~Work through my shiny list (combination of MM and RE targets)
~get enough points in subway to get the EV power items
~continuously get the daily heart scales, item from treasure hunter guy, and rock piece from pinwheel forest to trade for PP ups on weekends

After that I dunno, but that should keep me busy for a while

Kninja22
21st June 2012, 6:22 AM
To use The 3 Unreleased Unova Legends in a Rotation/Triple Battle

Blivsey
21st June 2012, 6:43 AM
Mostly, I aim to fill out the stars on the Trainer Card, e.g. mastering contests, filling out the 'Dex, etc. The Pokédex is definitely a huge one for me, though I don't worry so much about Battle Frontier stuff (since I'm not great at it and messing up once sets you back hours worth of progress). Other than that, I make sure to finish out all of the sidequests for each game (of course), then do re-runs with some of my cartridges in which I don't have large amounts of 'Dex completion and the like.

Challenge runs are increasingly prominent for me - currently I'm doing a team locked at three members (Roserade/Drifloon/Mamoswine and nothing else allowed to battle) in Platinum after a devastating FireRed Nuzlocke failure.

Right now, I'm also working on bumping every Pokémon I ever beat the storyline with to level 100 and storing them in my Black file - I'm almost all of the way through two boxes worth. Good times.

Reamer182
21st June 2012, 6:59 AM
i have a few right now one being get a shiny mewtwo,
2.create MY dream team
3.fill my dex

Earthia100
23rd June 2012, 7:15 AM
Wow. You guys set such little goals.

I want to be the very best like no one ever was. I'll become the world champion! (eventually)

Sephora
23rd June 2012, 7:20 AM
Since I already completed the national dex (took me forever), my goal is to get all the stars on my trainer card.

Zoruagible
23rd June 2012, 4:09 PM
To fill out the national dex

abrar14
23rd June 2012, 4:31 PM
Just laze around waiting for B/W 2

AllyNidhogg
23rd June 2012, 9:54 PM
Going for challenges. I feel the Nuzlocke Challenge specifically gives the game a different charm and it shows the potential of Pokemon I'd never considered. (For example I never really cared about Banette, but now it's one of my favorites)

In Pokemon White (And eventually White 2) I'll try to build an as strong team as possible for taking on the Battle Subway.

Bokk
24th June 2012, 3:48 AM
I would like to finish the national Pokedex. Another less popular goal is that I would like to stop restarting my game all the time. I have this weird problem that whenever I come back from a long break of playing Pokemon, I restart my game.

DCFan
24th June 2012, 10:55 AM
I want to beat the champion..and win a Pokemon Tournament

-Nator-
24th June 2012, 11:01 AM
To make it to VGC World's... Have a long road ahead of me.

(·-·)(o_O)
24th June 2012, 1:33 PM
To get a all the stars on my trainer card

Ash&Pikachu-Fan
24th June 2012, 9:59 PM
Make a pokemon team that is better suited for me.

RXL Hope
26th June 2012, 4:27 PM
To get the highest ranked Trainer card in what I'm currently playing, unless a new game comes out and then i'll focus on that one.

FusionKT
26th June 2012, 4:32 PM
try and fill the pokedex and maybe get the highest rank on trainer card

Firebrand
26th June 2012, 5:25 PM
Try and fill the national dex. I'm about 3/4 there on white.

Lord Fighting
26th June 2012, 5:28 PM
To train my Fighting Type team...

SpencerJJ2
27th June 2012, 10:00 PM
I've had a goal I've been trying to tackle for a couple of weeks, and that's leveling up my team to beat the E4 the second time (I know, B&W2 are out, but I've been putting it off for months). Level grinding can get so tedious.

Kian D
28th June 2012, 11:30 PM
to complete the pokedex, catch and train more pokemon and of course upgrade my trainer card!!!!

RedCometCustom
29th June 2012, 8:35 AM
I'm a collector, so right after beating the E4 it's all about the 'Dex. After that it's been hatching shinies, mainly because I can do that only paying half attention.

elorasheppard
29th June 2012, 12:49 PM
My goals are very long:

1) Get every Pokemon to lv100 including forms (I've done about 300 of the 704)
2) Catch every shiny (the unowns will be horrible)
3) Get every shiny to lv100

Needless to say, I haven't even done goal 1 and it's been 8 years since I started over with Sapphire.

Kiraush
30th June 2012, 1:53 PM
To enjoy myself. c:

Lorde
1st July 2012, 2:23 AM
In Black/White, I didn't have many goals. Apart from the usual goal of completing the National Pokedex, my only goal was to train every type of Pokemon, which didn't go well. Musicals and the Battle Subway were reductive, so I wasn't left with many options. That's why the 5th Gen games are my least favorite Pokemon games. They were so boring imo.

MiniCooper
1st July 2012, 2:36 AM
Trying to get all my Pokemon's levels to 40

SuperEpicRock
1st July 2012, 3:44 AM
Yeah, just to have fun for me. Obviously I want to beat the champion and complete each game, but getting every pokemon/shinies/time consuming trainer card tasks/ just sucks the fun out of it for me. It gets tedious, and I'm just a casual gamer.

MegaSerperior
1st July 2012, 3:56 AM
Get a team of Pokemon I love Shiny or not, whichever I like better, to Level 100, get a decent competitive team, and complete the national dex.

zozo
1st July 2012, 4:41 AM
Uhh... let's see...

I've completed my #1 goal: completing the regional dex

And I've completed my 2nd goal: get together a team of relatively good competitive-ish pokemon together

Currently I'm getting all my "babies" (my favourite pokemon in White) up to level 100. Currently I've got 6 there. 21 to go!

And once that's done, I'm planning on doing a sort of competitive scramble challenge. I've got 4 random shines that I've found... well, randomly. No RNG, no special stats, just random crap that popped out of nowhere. My goal is to take those 4, plus 2 other pokemon I've caught in-game without breeding or soft-resetting that meant a lot to me in past play-throughs I've done (will probably be my GoD Espeon and my Emerald Blaziken), and try to build them into a working team I can use over wi-fi random matchups, or possibly (though not probably) in the battle subway. The result definitely won't be a efficient way to pile up a lot of wins, but it will be a blast trying to figure out what strategies to use to pull those six random pokemon together into a synergistic team! It will be one time where I won't be able to rely on Smogon at all. Should be fun!

SASHA the master
22nd September 2013, 11:37 PM
Even though I think of myself to be the greatest Pokémon Master , and the legendary Ubers competitive player, I still wish to become the one who never loses,as u all know it's impossible
Still,everyone has a lot to learn,

telivisionhead
23rd September 2013, 12:59 AM
Get shiny pokemon of all my favourite pokemon and favourite shiny pokemon.
Get all starters (Just need, Squirtle,Bulbasaur,chickorita,cyndaquil,Mudkip,Tre eko,Chimchar)
Get a TWO or THREE shiny charmanders
Get over 15 shiny pokemon (Im close enough)
Have 3 level 100 pokemon without trading people to get the level 100 (I have 1 so far) then get a whole team of level 100/6 level 100s
Breed pokemon and get awesome stats and moves
Beat my duo type chalenge (electric and grass) in white
Beat battle subway
After that, I have no idea what I will do.

Vini310
23rd September 2013, 1:17 AM
Have a Ditto and a Grass-type Pokémon in ALL Pokémon games that I have;
Make some of my Pokémon breed (You know why);
Know other players of Pokémon via Wi-Fi;
After all, I just want to play one of my favorite video game series and have fun.

Ultimate Champion
23rd September 2013, 4:46 AM
To enjoy the very art of Pokémon battling.

Rational Rayquaza
23rd September 2013, 5:36 AM
My primary goal is to defeat the Elite Four and raise a full team. I will usually proceed to the post-game story afterwards. If beating the post-game doesn't unlock something useful or becomes dull, I will stop there. Secondary goals include: trying to beat the battle facilities, capturing random Pokemon just because I can, trying to exploit glitches, and messing around in the region.

PKMN Trainer Tee
25th September 2013, 7:26 AM
To train a team consisting my favorite Pokemon and have a good time doing it. :-)

~Sam~
25th September 2013, 7:35 AM
Black Trainer Card :/ it's hard to do

Narkster
8th October 2013, 3:35 AM
My goal was pretty much just to complete the National Dex including the event legendries. I thought about going after the higher up trainer cards, but I think I'll have to save that one for Gen 6!

jaynadsho
20th October 2013, 1:11 PM
I like catching beautiful pokemon. ;350;

Corvidae
3rd November 2013, 8:13 PM
Considering that I just got White yesterday, my goals are pretty easy!
I want to...
*Evolve my Swadloon within the day (today, November 3rd)
*Beat all seven gyms with ease (first two went really well!)
*Keep my focus on training and breeding (I tend to get sidetracked a lot)
*Catch one more shiny (already have a shiny Patrat! <3)
*Raise a team of high stat Ghost and Dark types
*Beat the Elite Four within 3 tries!
*Nickname every Pokemon I catch/own (with legendary Pokemon being the exceptions)

bushie
3rd November 2013, 11:59 PM
my main goal is to complete my pokedex. getting my dex complete is always a huge accomplishment. 649 thats a lot of mons. Besides that getting 8 badges and defeating pkmn league

SerenaForTheWin
6th December 2013, 10:29 AM
catching all the pokemon that i want

Calvin Cool
14th December 2013, 12:44 PM
To complete the pokedex.

Charoshi
18th December 2013, 11:55 PM
To complete the pokedex and to get as many shiny Pokemon as I can.

Onore
30th December 2013, 1:14 AM
Sorry for accidental bumping,