PDA

View Full Version : Most Dissapointing Pokemon You Have Used From The 5th Generation

Pages : [1] 2

abrar14
5th May 2012, 4:04 PM
Did you use a Pokémon from the fifth generation that you expected to be good, but were let down by it? Well tell us who it is!

Seles
6th May 2012, 3:41 PM
Liepard.I thought Purrlion was a great pokemon at first.Then it evolved into Liepard.I checked its stats and I almost cried.Liepard has a base stat of 446.I stopped using Liepard after that.

TheEliteEmpoleon
6th May 2012, 3:46 PM
Golurk. It was the "odd" pokemon in my team from the minute I caught it. It helped a lot but I was expecting a bit better from it. I still like it and use it on my team. And I'm also dissappointed in Zebstrika. It was always the weak one on my team. The only thing it has is speed.

Aurath8
6th May 2012, 3:55 PM
Simisage. It was great early on in the game as I got the Leaf Stone fairly early while most of my other Pokemon reached their final stage in the late 30s. Until then it remained a powerful member of the team but as others evolved and got powerful moves, it began to fall behind.

Also Emboar. This was partly my fault though because it gave it weak moves such as Flamethrower and Brick Break over more powerful moves such as Flare Blitz and Hammer Arm. It just wasn't as powerful as Infernape and his Close Combat and Typhlosion with his Eruption.

Metalhead9838772
7th May 2012, 12:12 AM
Simisear, since I didn't knew it wouldn't learn ANY moves after evolving. His strongest attacks were bite/incinerate, so...XD

diamondpearl876
7th May 2012, 1:06 AM
For me, it was Simisear and Musharna. Musharna always fainted on me before it could really do anything, and Simisear can learn very little useful moves.

Ricky_Ragger
7th May 2012, 1:11 AM
Serperior and Simisage. I started my game over because of these two huge disappointments.

Cometstarlight
7th May 2012, 1:11 AM
Pansear, Liepard. I was dissapointed with Pansears lack of good moves and Liepards stats after I evolved it : (

Zebstrika and Sawsbuck were pretty good, but they weren't the best on my team, although I did like them

AuraChannelerChris
7th May 2012, 1:46 AM
Simisage, because I forgot very late that Pokemon that evolve from stones stop learning moves.

Zenotwapal
7th May 2012, 2:01 AM
Swoobat was not very good.

Never use Swoobat

Indigoodra
7th May 2012, 2:07 AM
Samurott, Simisear, the first Reuniclus I had (It was Adamant. Ugh)...

Larry
7th May 2012, 2:09 AM
On my first playthrough I used Simisear and Unfezant. Simisear is the worst out of the 3 and Unfezant can't do crap.

Swoobat was not very good.

Never use Swoobat

I'm currently using Swoobat now and it's putting in work.

Darth Revan
7th May 2012, 2:10 AM
The monkies

Kukem
7th May 2012, 2:14 AM
I don't think I have time to list all the Pokemon from the 5th Gen that I was disappointed with. Most of the Pokemon you get close to the beginning of the game like Zebstrika, The elemental monkeys, all of the ones that were listed already, Almost any electric pokemon in the game, some of the grass types, there are a lot of bug types too that faint really easy and even some of the Legendaries don't live up to the hype. This has been my least favourite set of games out of all of them.

Blazikener
7th May 2012, 2:22 AM
Well, the Simisear was useless after I got Victini.
Archeops' Ability really ticked me off, he gradually became useless because his terrible typing made it too easy for the NPCs to lower health.

Drummerdude
7th May 2012, 2:45 AM
For me, it has to be Zorua/Zoroark. Yes its ability is a lot of fun to mess with and once you get good TM's after the Elite 4 it can be a good Pokemon, but ingame I found its early moveset poor and it cannot take a hit. I actually preferred Liepard over Zoroark during my Dark monotype run which is pretty sad. I have also used a Zoroark in a normal ingame team before as well with similar results.

Summer of the Vulpix
7th May 2012, 6:52 AM
I have to agree with the pokemon already mentioned.

I stopped using purrloin since it always fainted, and my tranquill is somewhat ok but is used mostly for flying.

pokeguru
7th May 2012, 7:00 AM
It's been a long time since I posted here.

Anyway, my guess would be Bisharp. Since it is a dark and steel type Pokemon, both taking double damage from fighting types, it was swept away by a Lucario's aura sphere.

Steelia
7th May 2012, 7:03 AM
Victini was . . . very underwhelming. I was sorely disappointed. I got a Pickup puppy specifically to get Great Balls and other such items for this little apple demon, and it was so boring to raise, and it wasn't much use in battle either. I think it was even Modest, and that didn't save it. Now it's just sitting in my box completely forgotten... Victini's cute, but it's pretty overrated. Should've saved my Fire- or Psychic-type spot for something better.

Grei
7th May 2012, 7:10 AM
Seismitoad was a bit of disappointment for me. Palpitoad/Seismitoad was one of those really good midgame Pokemon that just gets totally outclassed by the late game. I used Seismitoad in my first playthrough, and in that playthrough I used Samurott more, even though it had a really crappy nature and IVs.

I guess since I brought him up, Samurott is mildly disappointing. He's good, but he's not great, which is the drawback of him being so damn balanced. He never really seems to excel.

In the one instance I used him, Golurk was underwhelming. I spent a TON of time leveling up Golett on Victory Road to get a Golurk before the Elite Four, and ended up not using him at all because he just didn't seem to be better than other, more economical options.

Erymry
7th May 2012, 8:04 AM
My Beartic never really stood out. I never expected it to be great, but it seems to just let my team down more then anything else. My Samuwott also didn't work too well, but I used I mixed set. Maybe a straight up special / physical set would be better, but I don't know.

Guywhoiam
7th May 2012, 8:07 AM
Basculin. I used that Rock Head one from the in-game trade, thinking it would be good. It was certainly better than a regular one, but it was still disappointing.

Ti4558
7th May 2012, 8:28 AM
Swashbuck and Samorott, because they suck once you finsh the game and Zebstrika, because he dosen't have very good stats and moves;448;

Serebii!
7th May 2012, 9:07 AM
Simisear, Klink, Unfezant, Golurk, Palpitoad, Liepard, Deerling, Basculin, Minccion, Boldore, Woobat. I used a lot of different Pokemon through my playthough and these were the most disappointing

Pokemonpal7
7th May 2012, 9:12 AM
Archeops is the only one with a problem. It's ability was a huge letdown.

2rsa
7th May 2012, 9:39 AM
Strong pokemon,weak pokemon,it really depends on the trainer.:D
So for me there is no bad or weak pokemon.

(P.O.K.E.M.O.N)
7th May 2012, 10:07 AM
Snivy, she ended up being my revive slave

nandamaung
7th May 2012, 12:13 PM
Simipour. It helped me out in the earlier stages after the 6th gym battle, it no longer kept up in strength with other trainers and I had to remove it from the team which was not so bad since Reshiram came in before the Elite Four.

empoleon49
7th May 2012, 12:16 PM
Stoutland left me disappointed. I trained it very hard, yet still left me disappointed

Half
7th May 2012, 12:36 PM
For me, it was Emolga. Fantastic speed but that's about it, in my opinion.

pakin
7th May 2012, 12:40 PM
I'd have to say Emolga, like Half said. If he EVER gets an evolution, which I doubt they should add more special attack to make it decent.

Tonguetyd
7th May 2012, 3:48 PM
My Zebstrika and Crustle were underperformers,mostly due to Zebstrika's shallow movepool and Crustle's sluggish speed.
I also tried to use Woobat early on.I cried many nights because of that.

☭Secret_Shocker☭
7th May 2012, 3:55 PM
My Zebstrika's kind of a letdown. Its defenses were always easily battered, and it doesn't deal much damage either. So I ditched it.

cabooseman
7th May 2012, 4:01 PM
I was so excited to train Zebstrika and Stoutland but it was a HUGE LET DOWN. I gave up on them by the time I made it to 5th badge and were easily replaced by random pokes.

Mav-san
7th May 2012, 4:26 PM
Samurott was dead weight on my team.

smeen
7th May 2012, 4:31 PM
Simipour and Zebstrika didn't really stand out in my team... Altough I do like my Zebstrika a lot, I don't use it very much.

pakin
7th May 2012, 5:40 PM
Simipour and Zebstrika didn't really stand out in my team... Altough I do like my Zebstrika a lot, I don't use it very much.

What's wrong with Zebstrike is it's movepool. Poor guy.

ShinyMienshao
8th May 2012, 5:42 AM
The elemental monkey simipour and heatmor.OMG they kept on fainting and fainting and fainting.

(·-·)(o_O)
8th May 2012, 8:47 AM
My vannilish was a big let down to me, trained so much ended up a fail

Shiny_Mudkip
8th May 2012, 9:36 PM
My Unfezant was terrible, it couldn't learn Sky Drop, in the Elite 4 if he didn't KO the fighting leader's pokemon in one hit he was KO'd and he really isn't that fast and thats what I really want in a flying pokemon.

Lorde
9th May 2012, 4:22 AM
Tranquill and Swoobat were terrible Pokemon to train in my opinion. The latter was the worst out of the two; I thought it was cute, so I added it to my team, but it fainted so many times that it wasn't even funny. Tranquill's move set was limited, so it wasn't that great, either.

iPokemon
9th May 2012, 4:47 AM
Liepard, I thought it was going to be good at first.

Magester
9th May 2012, 6:05 AM
Gigalith was mine. I was mostly disappointed about Power Gem on it. Why give something like that a special attack? I still like its look, but I won't use it anymore.

manaichain
9th May 2012, 1:32 PM
Victini's stats, it's sat in my box, i think i used it twice to see what the moves look like

Musharna has limited move pool and speed, not good combo

Lilligant, i'm sorry but all it does is Petal Dance. Does it know ANY non Grass attacks?. I can imagine Sap Sipper...nyum nyum nyum feed me

Basculin, go to the trouble of making it in 2 flavours, both are pants

Garbodor...the design mainly...it had so much potential but thrown on the rubbish tip

designs for the Djinn trio or whatever they are called, come on its pallet switch, huuuge cop out Game Freak

venetrix
9th May 2012, 2:12 PM
Druddigon. Looks awesome but way too flimsy.

Eelektrik (I never bothered evolving mine). No weaknesses AND Eviolite use mean it should at least be able to pretend to wall, but it doesn't have the stats to back it up.

ricedonut
9th May 2012, 2:32 PM
I used a Vaniluxe, and it was a little underpowered. It failed to take a lot of things out in one hit, and even after I gave it flash cannon, it still underperformed. My Sawk had a pretty shallow movepool which consisted of pretty much only Fighting and Normal moves.

jwla
9th May 2012, 2:46 PM
I haven't really been disappointed with anything I have had on any of my teams. I try, on different play-throughs, to play with different Pokemon than I am used to. So far, many of them have lived up to my expectations. Maybe I am just optimistic... I mean, I used a Nosepass throughout one of my Gen III play-throughs, and enjoyed it.

SmartD
9th May 2012, 3:40 PM
Eelektross, I thought a Pokemon with no weaknesses would be cool on my team, but it was too slow to use.

Mr. Ribbles
9th May 2012, 3:48 PM
Hydreigon. I actually used one.

It is NOT. worth it. it evolves REALLY late, and even then, its stats are still pretty average. Just get a beartic around hydreigons lv and ice crash it, it'll go down in one (two, if you have an attack reducing nature) hit usually.

The Eleventh
9th May 2012, 5:22 PM
Swanna, Zebstrika and Druddigon were all quite disappointing when I played through the games with them, more so the former two. Zebstrika worked very well until the Elite Four and beyond; it only needs a small upgrade to be particularly useful.

I don't understand why Swoobat is subject to such negativity. Mine was a great addition to my Black team.

Archangel Armada
9th May 2012, 6:24 PM
I would say the Elemental Monkeys, Zebstrika, and Unfezant were the most dissapointing for me. The Elemental Monkeys I actually never really liked but when I tried using one, it would always quickly faint just like Unfezant. Zebstrika was just too boring to train even though I did like the little cry it made.

Ugliduck99
10th May 2012, 3:42 AM
Hmmmmmmm hard
You see I really stuck with the team I had and it served me well

But............

Darumaka, scraggy, cubchoo, the elemental monkeys and thundurus (the only flying type move it can use is sky drop, which is useless)

tamerofdragons77
10th May 2012, 6:50 PM
Archeops was terrible the first time I played the game. It has a terrible ability and the it lears aren't very good.
Bearctic sucks too because its defence stats are weak. A flamethrower or even brick break could one hit ko it.

TheBluePorygon
10th May 2012, 10:06 PM
Pansear was amazing, I fell in love instantly. The I saw Simisear and collapsed at the fail of an evolution

Ponymon
10th May 2012, 10:09 PM
I thought a Pawniard that I caught would do something apart from faint all of the time, but it didn't

koolbob1872
11th May 2012, 2:04 AM
The most disappointing Pokemon to me is definitely Sawsbuck. It was my favorite 5th Gen Pokemon until I actually used it.

Dark Storm
11th May 2012, 3:13 AM
Bisharp, as much as I like it, seems awfully frail for such decent defensive stats.

Hydreigon, it's training/evolution cycle is ridiculous, Braviary is in that boat too sadly(the Pokemon I was looking forward to most, pre-release, and the reason I picked White).

Swoobat for it's useless stats as I really like it.

Garbadoor and Lilligant for their crap movepools(Hoping they fix that in B/W-2).

Little sad to see Sawsbuck listed here a bit, as it's one I planed on using in a Black or White 2 playthrough.

Ver-mont
11th May 2012, 5:11 AM
I hate to say this, but Serperior was a bit of a letdown. It's still easily my favorite design out of the final forms of the Gen V starters, but my God, its movepool is so poor and Grass is such a horrible defensive type. I don't think it's a bad Pokémon, but I expected much more.

Liepard. I tried it once, and it's a cool Pokémon and everything, but its paper-thin defense is unbearable.

G50
11th May 2012, 5:41 AM
Snivy's line, was such a pain to work with in-game, and was very disappointed at its moveset and it being tougher to use than past Grass Starters.

HTodd
12th May 2012, 4:19 PM
I had high hopes for Galvantula, but it really did not impress me. It might just have been this particular one, but it took forever to level up and would faint after a 1x effective move. However, one trip to Chargestone Cave and my new Eelektross did the trick :D

Vandslaux
13th May 2012, 6:48 PM
Purrloin. It dies too easily early game with lack of decent moves. I mean, Scratch for 12 levels? That's it?

Poke_Mania97
13th May 2012, 7:03 PM
Haxorus. I thought it would OWN. turns out it was weak as hell. thank God there was hydreigon to the rescue ;)

Another would be Emboar - looked so EPIC in the pictures, but very weak with defense

finally Serperior - before bw came out, this was the one for me to get, when i got it, it was complete garbage.

Dark Storm
13th May 2012, 8:22 PM
I had high hopes for Galvantula, but it really did not impress me. It might just have been this particular one, but it took forever to level up and would faint after a 1x effective move. However, one trip to Chargestone Cave and my new Eelektross did the trick :D

I found Galvantula to be surprisingly excellent, nothing manages to get a single hit on it with it's super speed and accurate Thunders.

Da Man X
13th May 2012, 9:18 PM
Thε mσst dissαροιπting ροkεmσπ ι usεd ωαs Stυπfisκ.

DCFan
13th May 2012, 9:30 PM
Mine was Alomomola..such a crap Pokemon

Jazz14456_Plebeian
13th May 2012, 9:42 PM
Eelektross. I had to use it for a non-standard OU tourney (you are given a five letter word, have to make a team with pokes starting with the letters from the word, plus any poke of your choosing), and it was by far my LVP. I had thought it would at least be OK, considering in the TCG its pretty darn awesome.

DCFan
13th May 2012, 9:57 PM
Patrat..I would describe the Pokemon in one word..Bland

Blazikener
13th May 2012, 11:29 PM
Thε mσst dissαροιπting ροkεmσπ ι usεd ωαs Stυπfisκ.

...implying you had some expectations for Stunfisk besides it being terrible.

Sietse23
13th May 2012, 11:53 PM
I thought pidove would evolve in to something like staraptor -.-
Unfezant is really ugly and useless imo.

kemal07
14th May 2012, 12:46 AM
Swoobat disappointed me... I'm excited to train a cofagrigus in my main team of Pokemon in BW2... but I get the sense it will also dissapoint me : D

EmeraldPhoenix
15th May 2012, 5:20 AM
It's funny because about 1/3 of the Pokemon mentioned so far are Pokemon ie used in play troughs of my own and they have been fantastic.

Zebstrika, Beartic and samurott are half of my main team on white and as much as I didn't want to evolve dewott, I'm glad I did because he's a powerhouse on my team. Oh, I also used a swoon at on that team until very recently. I got it up to about lvl 60 and got tired of it, but it was solid through the story.

Pokemon I had trouble with were liepard, the monkeys ( not because of evolving early, but because I always had something that outclassed it.) and currently, Zorua. I'm raising one in my black right now and it's just so fragile. Can't wait til it evolves in a few more levels and improves a little.

Also, darumakkas special attack makes me so sad. I had no idea a pokemons sp atk could be so abysmal from such a powerful Pokemon. I gave it flamethrower and flame charge before trading it over and couldn't believe flame charge was outperforming flamethrower so overwhelmingly.

johno1995
15th May 2012, 5:34 AM
Patrat/Watchog. Was hoping for another Sentret/Furret (a usable - at least IMO - regional rodent) but instead was more of a Raticate, with an ugly design, and being pretty darn useless.

The Pidove line was disappointing as well. I remember when its design came out and I was excited to see how its evolutions would turn out... And when I played the game, I was completely disappointed by them.

Zorua & Zoroark disappointed me too. I didn't see much special of those two except for their gimmick ability Illusion, which was quite fun to use, but I found their defenses much too frail and a rather dull movepool.

And not in specific Pokemon, but the overall lack of Poison-types (one of my personal favorites) was disappointing. The only pure Poison types we got were the two garbage bags... :\

Sol_Vent
15th May 2012, 8:10 PM
I tried to use Deerling when playing through the game. It didn't last very long, though that may be because I got it just before the Cold Storage area.

Also, in a bit of a twist, Simisear was pretty much exactly as crappy as I expected.

Agonist
16th May 2012, 1:14 AM
The Elemental Monkeys were total ****, with both horrible designs, and very underwhelming stats, and movepools.

Warhammer
16th May 2012, 5:40 PM
Aside from the stupid monkeys, Gigalith wasn't great because of it's tiny movepool, and Bisharp kept getting his *** handed to him by non-effective moves (he even had a defensive nature)

Dark Storm
17th May 2012, 12:07 AM
and Bisharp kept getting his *** handed to him by non-effective moves (he even had a defensive nature)

I still can't figure out how he got so easily kicked about, 6/100/70 isn't incredibly low defensive statage.

Primal Crusader V
17th May 2012, 12:21 AM
At first, I thought Heatmor would suit my specific needs for an Sp. Attack sweeper. By the discovery of Volcarona, I was wrong; Heatmor's defenses and speed are terrible, which practically screams "FREE KILL" in online matches. But oh well, I'm still hooked on it's design.

OshyHikari
17th May 2012, 12:29 PM
Zebstrika. I used one early on and she totally owned Skyla and Elesa's teams but I dumped her cos she sucked in everything other than Speed and I needed more powerful Pokemon later on.

I ended up replacing her with a Gothitelle, who knows Thunderbolt just so I can still have an Electric attack on my team.

Liepard was so difficult to train, it has to wait 23 levels from evolution before it learns Night Slash. Total letdown.

And why say Sawsbuck and Samurott suck? I used both and mine were good.

Ubersketchy
18th May 2012, 2:10 AM
Gollett is nothing but dea weight until you evolve it. It dies to everything. Golurk can handle itself, though.

Unfezant? Ok, let's take a look at this. It does NOTHING that Pidgeot can't do, but at least Pidgeot looks cool. Unfezant is just...lame.

I just did a runthrough with Emboar. He can bring the pain alright, but he's so obviously inferior to Infernape that it hurts. At least Samurott could... come to think of it, Blastoise has him beat in every department too. Betcha a large sum of money my BW2 team consists of gen I-IV pokes.

aguilas_hhh
18th May 2012, 2:56 AM
Leavanny

Sewaddle is Cute.... but leavanyy is horrible.

Ash Ketchum!
18th May 2012, 7:03 PM
Simisear, since I didn't knew it wouldn't learn ANY moves after evolving. His strongest attacks were bite/incinerate, so...XD

^ Same with me.

greatguy
18th May 2012, 7:13 PM
Archeops. I used it against Clay, and he hit it with stone edge.

And I was saved by its ability!...not

redcharzard
18th May 2012, 7:19 PM
Volcarona, Conkeldurr, Jellicent, Simipour, Excadrill, Sawk, Leavanny,Whimsicott, Scafty, Sigilyph, Zoroark, Cinccino, Reuniclus, Ferrothorn, Chandelure, Meinshao, Hydreigon, Virizion, Terrakion, Thundurus, Tornadus, Simisage, Darmanitan, Krookodile, Sigilyph, and Reshiram were the only good ones. Zoroark, Whimsicott, Sawk, Simipour, and Simisage were somewhat disappointing. Conkeldurr, Jellicent, Excadrill, Leavanny, Whimsicott, Scafty, Cinccino, Reuniclus, Virizion, Krookodile, and Sigilyph were surprising. While Darmanitan was a total surprise. The rest that are listed are great just great.

Everything else(including Haxorus) was/is disapointing.

charizard420
18th May 2012, 9:05 PM
gigalith was a huge dissapointment, as roggenrola and boldore it was awsome because it could take so many hits, but with its only offensive moves worth usiing are stone edge and earthquake, it kinda sucks. Also it kinda sucks for gigalith because hes got pretty good attack stats

Trainer Frankie
18th May 2012, 9:59 PM
Wow, I actually like battling with my simisear and musharna. Guess it's just how you've trained them and use them for battling.

Of a pokemon I raised, my dewott, it's speed just doesn't seem great. Without looking at my game currently, I am 99% sure speed wasn't its hindered stat. How did others find their oshawott/dewott/samurott's speed? I still use him however, just wish his speed was better. XD

Dragalge
18th May 2012, 10:15 PM
I thought Tirtouga was going to be useful, but it was way to slow, evolved it to Carracosta but swapped him out for Durant. Also vullaby couldn't do crap either

McDanger
18th May 2012, 10:52 PM
Samurott- i knew by his base stats that he wouldnt be the best but still, fails in comparison to swampert and feraligator
Zebstrika-used it once, hated the way he looks and his terrible stats
Liepard-same as zebstrika, such horrible stats ;_;
simisear- used him once and after his fail stats, dumped him for chandy
Trainer Frankie: my 3 speeds where terrible even with decent natures, samurott has poor speed and no defences

redcharzard
18th May 2012, 11:02 PM
Trainer Frankie: my 3 speeds where terrible even with decent natures, samurott has poor speed and no defences

Its defenses are better then Emboar's and its attacks stats are better than Serperior's Samurott has all around average stats and thats what make Samurott so weak. Same thing in a lot of games. The weapon/character/item with all average or balanced stats usually can't keep up with anything with more specialized.

ricedonut
20th May 2012, 1:34 AM
I used vanilluxe and it was pretty underwhelming, it didn't have that many good moves and its special attack was a bit low compared to some other pokemon

The Oncoming Storm
20th May 2012, 2:07 AM
Blitzle and zeb were way too low to be at all good. My zeb dissapointed me deeply

Green Days Grace
20th May 2012, 2:28 AM
Well first of all, I captured a Purrloin, as mentioned like 42 times in this thread, it was very disappointing, it was a dark type, and had a modest nature so I assumed that it was gonna play a huge role in my team, but it didn't, it was a pain to train it since it's moves were all physical even though both of it's offensive stats are equal, I think. Pansear seemed okay, but I swapped it with Darumaka, since the only stab move it knew was incinerate and it was a adamant nature.. Samurott wasn't bad, it learns some pretty cool moves, like you can teach it megahorn with the move tutor. Zebstrika, I never really cared about, I mean, it's like an Electrike. I'm pretty new to 5th gen, so I dunno any other possible electrics yet. My pokes are all level 35-40 right know, got 5 badges and going for 6th.

OshyHikari
20th May 2012, 8:49 AM
Wow, I actually like battling with my simisear and musharna. Guess it's just how you've trained them and use them for battling.

Of a pokemon I raised, my dewott, it's speed just doesn't seem great. Without looking at my game currently, I am 99% sure speed wasn't its hindered stat. How did others find their oshawott/dewott/samurott's speed? I still use him however, just wish his speed was better. XD

There's a chance your Dewott may have had bad IV's.

I traded over an Emboar (while he was a Tepig) from my brother's White and despite what some people say about it, mine actually performed well (mine has higher-than-average Speed). I know that the Tepig line are the slowest of the Unova Starters but I was pretty lucky in my case cos my Emboar has a Jolly nature and I think he also has good Speed IV's.

And don't think that Vanilluxe is disappointing, it has one of the highest base stat totals of any Ice-type.

For those who say Samurott is weak, I've proven you wrong. Mine may have a Serious nature but his Attack and Sp. Attack are pretty well even, mine has 2 physical moves and 2 special moves, he has good defenses and he is my Surf user as well. Not to mention I started with him and the fact that it and Emboar are the best of the Unova Starters according to Marriland. It can be useful if trained correctly.

knetz07
20th May 2012, 9:20 AM
Elemental monkeys were surprisingly weak. Zebstika kept on fainting(Speed is the only thing it can boast about) and Swoobat was just useless late game. Ugh!

Finch.
20th May 2012, 8:26 PM
I used my favorites from fifth gen, and I was pleasantly surprised, my Pokemon, Throh, Ferroseed, Leipard-yes, leipard-, Samurott, Braviary, and Crustle. they all performed well, I really believe. ^^

Leipard wasn't that bad for me, and I think it was needed, considering all the bulky pokemon on my team. I does well, in my situation.

Mr.Evee
21st May 2012, 12:12 AM
Lol i used Jumpluff XD i have no idea why i used it, it had pretty crappy stats .

noosh
21st May 2012, 1:26 AM
Mienshao is so ridiculously frail that I couldn't even do anything mildly enjoyable with it...

I didn't use any EV spread for it though, so perhaps that was part of the problem. I kept finding myself doing a ton of damage once, and then getting revenge killed every time after that!

Also, the three monkey guys as well... their evolutions look completely ridiculous besides being terrible.

Nana
21st May 2012, 7:49 PM
Gothita and Litwick were so weak and so slow--especially Litwick! It was really annoying to raise them, but I like them better now that they've evolved. I really like Gothitelle's and Chandelure's designs, but I don't think I could train them again. They were bloody annoying.

blink849
21st May 2012, 9:59 PM
The monkeys and Swoobat were incredibly awful.

Samurott wasn't bad, he just wasn't that good. Other than surf and megahorn, he really doesn't have any good moves.

I don't get the hate for Golurk in this thread though. He has excellent typing, a good attack stat with decent defenses, and an awesome move set. Come on, he can learn FLY. He's a ghost/GROUND type, and he can learn FLY.

Gas Snake X
21st May 2012, 10:20 PM
Heatmor and Gigalith just made me got "What's this... I don't even..."

Gloryus
21st May 2012, 10:26 PM
The Pidove line, horrible movepool to compliment its poor special attack. To make matters worse, can't even learn Acrobatics either...

tyranitar.armaldo
21st May 2012, 11:21 PM
Any of the monkey family is dissapointing. And on personal experiance during my playthrough I fouind that Scolipede and Zebstrika, while good early on as they evolved quick, were no match for any of the pokemon from the flying gym onwards.

Tynamo though, no matter how much people tell you its not worth all the effort of raiseing, its fantastic once it reaches final form. Sawsbuck was similer, until it learned Wood horn it has to rely on Jump kick to do alot of damage, but once learned is amazing.

And Haxorus took a long time to raise, but even in its younger forms it could take higher leveled pokemon out easily, so not as difficult as Tynamo.

Thomas Elliot
22nd May 2012, 12:56 AM
Tepig and all it's evolutions- I think it was just weak. I absolutely hate all of the starters and their evolutions, but I think I chose him because I never go for the Fire type. Although he was a staple of my team, his move set and weaknesses just make me hate him. Plus he is ugly as Emboar.
Thundurus-I have Pokemon White and so it made no sense to me as to why Pokemon Black gets a Fire Dragon legendary and a Flying legendary yet we are stuck with two Electric based legendaries. I feel that was poor planning on GF's part.
Hydreigon-It got all the love in game, so I figured I'd try it out. Was not my cup of tea. I'll stick with Garchomp.
Virizion- I was highly excited when I finally caught him, but he just turned out to be weak any time I used him. Same for Cobalion.
Pure Fighting types- Just their movesets didn't impress me, and the options they gave us were horrible. There are like 4 pure fighting pokemon available (excluded the pre-evolutions here, just including the full evolutions) Not to mention I felt like they were grasping at straws here and said well let's make variations of Hitmonlee and Hitmonchan, Lucario and Machamp.

Dragalge
1st June 2012, 12:57 AM
Simipour wasn't bad as I thought since it helped me win half of my gym battles but the other two suck. Why would Gamefreak make a Ripoff of Infernape

"Spite" DefaultAsAwesome
1st June 2012, 1:25 AM
Simipour... It's not really my star player.

Angeltripper
1st June 2012, 1:33 AM
Simipour. The monkeys are useless. Also Swoobat. way too weak

Firstattak1
1st June 2012, 2:08 AM
What really really disapointed me, Jelicent, it had an awsome design (minus the girl design) a cool type (water,ghost) and an awsome power it has out of game (the ability to suck the life out of others) but looses out on moves, abilities and finnaly stats. What was going to be my favorite pokemon became one of my least favorite that i try to find a use for.

Aura Of Twilight
1st June 2012, 2:19 AM
I'd have to say the monkeys and Swoobat. They had a lot of potential, but their stats were horrible...

DragonChampMorgan
1st June 2012, 2:42 AM
Hmm... Strange that my Sawsbuck, Hydreigon, and Vanilluxe were pretty good on my team, but...

Id have to say that Simisage, Stoutland, Emboar, and Serperior were all letdowns... I love Serperior, just not the one I have. My Simisage is a HM Slave, and Stoutland hasnt been used ever since beating the Elite Four. ( the stoutland wasnt any help ) i replaced him with a shiny Rufflet, now Braviary, i recieved from a Japanese trainer. I never use my Emboar anymore, he was replaced with a Lucario. Lucario will always be my fighting pokemon :)

(though i really think they overdid the fighting/fire starters. There needs to be a change )

red2000
1st June 2012, 2:47 AM
Pansear..... That thing.....Ugh, I though I'd keep with Cheren and Bianca's team by keeping it, lets just say it didnt make it out of Striaton City

EmboarTyrant
1st June 2012, 3:14 AM
You all must have bad experiences with some of these. I think my Emboar is awesome, and he seemed fast enough for me to dish out hits before the opponent. Simisage also seems to be getting a bad rap, as the only reason I am not using her right now, is because I am not to keen on grass types anyway, but that is my favorite. But my Emboar (which I named Hikaru) is a must have for the Elite Four. The design is awesome, and (for mine) it's best stats are in Attack and Sp. Attack, which is perfect for my fighting style. I understand it has it's limits, as ALL pokemon have, but Emboar is by far my favorite Fire Starter.

coolminun
1st June 2012, 3:24 AM
No, I didn't really have any. My galvantula, Doryuzu, Samurott, Swoobat, and Rehiram were all pretty good. I guess swoobat was the worst

OshyHikari
1st June 2012, 9:36 AM
You all must have bad experiences with some of these. I think my Emboar is awesome, and he seemed fast enough for me to dish out hits before the opponent. Simisage also seems to be getting a bad rap, as the only reason I am not using her right now, is because I am not to keen on grass types anyway, but that is my favorite. But my Emboar (which I named Hikaru) is a must have for the Elite Four. The design is awesome, and (for mine) it's best stats are in Attack and Sp. Attack, which is perfect for my fighting style. I understand it has it's limits, as ALL pokemon have, but Emboar is by far my favorite Fire Starter.

I had a similar case to you, my Emboar actually has good Speed. He probably has a combination of a Jolly nature and good Speed IVs. He can even outspeed Liepard without using Flame Charge.

Emboar is not the worst if trained correctly.

Gothita and Litwick were so weak and so slow--especially Litwick! It was really annoying to raise them, but I like them better now that they've evolved. I really like Gothitelle's and Chandelure's designs, but I don't think I could train them again. They were bloody annoying.

I used both on my team and they didn't disappoint me. Mine are both Level 94.

I think I had to baby my Chandelure with an Exp. Share when she was a Litwick, she got better when she evolved. Now she not only is one of my hard-hitters, she also helps speed up the time when I'm hatching eggs.

Gothita was easy to train in my case, mine did get a good nature (I think Calm is very beneficial for its Sp. Def). Now my Gothitelle holds an Amulet Coin so I just send her out against a Trainer if I am in need of money.

They aren't disappointing if trained right.

Garbodor will always be the worst for me.

Acthulhu
1st June 2012, 11:38 AM
Zebrastrika went with me thru E4 but it really sucked. I ended up doing my black without an electric-type :/

Shine
1st June 2012, 1:56 PM
Swoobat. It's an evolved Pokemon, but it gets defeated way too often, thanks to its pitiful stats. No other evolved Pokemon I've ever used gets defeated in battle as often as Swoobat.

Not even its offensive stats are good, its Base SAtk is only 77, and its Base Attack is even lower, which means most of the time it will need to attack a few times before it can defeat its opponent, which also means it must take a few hits.....and with only 55 Base Def & SDef along with only 67 Base HP, it clearly can't take even a single hit.

Also, Zen Mode Darmanitan. I didn't even need to use it for a long time to know Zen Mode is trash.

Ugliduck99
1st June 2012, 9:54 PM
You are all right

Serperior is €@9!

Wob-wobbufet

Howie Cheeto
2nd June 2012, 5:06 AM
I concur with Swoobat and the monkeys...i traded them away almost as soon as I got them. Swoobat, though i guess, disappointed me the most. Its not saying much w/ its stats, but i was expecting more from it during my playthrough.

zeno48
2nd June 2012, 5:09 AM
Swoobat and unfeazant were ones i trained but ended up dissapointed in them that i released them as soon as i imported my pokemon. Zen mode darmanitan is just awful and also archeops with that useless ability. Just shoot it like farfetch.

niklnip
3rd June 2012, 12:23 AM
Unfezant. UNFEZANT. Why did I ever try to train THAT terrible thing...? It got OHKO'd by the simplist opponents!
I didn't really like my Scolipede either. Aren't they supposed to be good? Mabye mine had a bad nature.....

Kall El
3rd June 2012, 7:27 PM
Tough choice to be honest but i'd say maybe the monkeys I used in both games ..
I mean they weren't that bad but fell behind in the pecking order.
Samurott was my shining gold and armour but I prefered it's pre-evo's
But all in all, Simisear for me :]

A Mew
3rd June 2012, 7:45 PM
The monkeys probably. Also my Emboar, it wasn't that bad, but I honestly prefer Infernape/Blaziken. When B2/W2 comes out I'll probably switch to Samurott. This is the first time I have preferred the water type starter. :p

Yoru
12th June 2012, 6:38 AM
The monkeys were the worst. My Pansear lasted until the third gym. Pokemon families like Pidove, Woobat, and Patrat were also horrible. As for Liepard, I actually used one up until my team broke through the level 30 barrier, when it started to fall behind and became useless. I'm actually not sure why people hate Zebstrika, I found it awesome. Mine even had bad IVs, bad nature, and the wrong ability. At first I was gonna dump it, but then I got to the electric gym. At the end of the leader's battle, it came down to my newly evolved, half-health, paralized Zebstrika vs. her Zebstrika, and somehow I won. My Zebstrika really proved itself, and ended up being a reliable Pokemon that took all the way to the end of the game. It's still apart of my main team long after I beat it, and I refuse to dump him for a better zebra. Few Pokemon are truly "weak." If you train them right and play to their strengths, any Pokemon can be good. (Well, not any Pokemon. Those monkeys are about as useful as an unown.) I personally have always liked to use the underdogs. Go Zebstrika!

AceDragonTamer
12th June 2012, 7:32 AM
Pansear, Pansage, and Panpour + evolutions. to me they were just a pain to level up and all the work put in to leveling them never really seemed worth it since there were always others that could do just as well in battle, if not better. Admittedly, Pansear as an early fire-type is nice with Oshawott, but once you hit the third gym Darumaka is better in my opinion.

ssilva872
12th June 2012, 1:03 PM
Serperior was the biggest disappointment for me. I love the design but the stats and move pool it got are not great.

Same for Zebstrika. I had one my first play through for a while however I stopped once I got Galvantula.

Zoruagible
12th June 2012, 1:56 PM
Pansear was, when I started with Oshawott it took me awhile for Pansear to finally beat Burgh's team

Larry
12th June 2012, 4:06 PM
Serperior was the biggest disappointment for me. I love the design but the stats and move pool it got are not great.

Ugh. Serperior's movepool is awful. Although Leech Seed was very useful once I got to the Elite Four.

Pokeparadox
12th June 2012, 9:32 PM
Simipour and Zebsrika

Husnock
13th June 2012, 12:20 AM
Pansage. It died alot, even against lower-level Roggenrolas in Wellspring Cave (which on the most fundamental level of element matchups should not be possible; and I know I'm not THAT bad myself). I gave up on it at lvl. 20.

I was also excited to get my Liepard, but that too was underwhelming. I mean, how can a Dark-type Cat NOT learn Bite on its own?!? All I ended up keeping it around for was because it was the first that I noticed on my team that could learn Cut. I also taught it Thief, but as early on as I am right now, there's not a fat lot of good that's doing me (other than the occasional Berry)...

Cool Rafe
13th June 2012, 11:20 AM
The most disappointing Pokemon has to be Samurott . Despite its awesome looks it's very average . Stats are average and movepool is really poor . Would have benefited a lot more if it had a secondary typing .

Salpa
13th June 2012, 4:23 PM
The most disappointing pokemon I had to use was Purrloin. It was so weak and frail I had to ditch it right after the first gym leader.

Disaster_Lord
13th June 2012, 8:30 PM
Ingame...I had a leavanny dropped it after 5th gym.
Wi fi sake managed to sweep with zen darmanitan...required loads of para support, e-hazards and revenge killing/1 memento to see him sweep the remaining 3 pokemon...it wasnt satisfactory at all...not to mention the ingame leveling...

AceFlonne
17th June 2012, 6:14 AM
The monkeys and Pidove line really dissapoint me.I ditch Unfezant for a Rufflet (Now a braviary)

Neji-and-Pidgeot
17th June 2012, 6:26 AM
zebstrika and pansear.

Princess Raspberyl
17th June 2012, 6:34 AM
The Monkey trio and Purrlion =_=

MirrorB
17th June 2012, 11:36 AM
Liepard. I thought using a dark pokemon would help considerabley with the Elite 4. It didn't.
It's a really, really weak Pokemon.

Siebold
17th June 2012, 3:32 PM
My team didn't let me down. I avoided some pokemon like Zebstrika. I can't wait to mix up my team in the next game.

Dragon Trainer X
17th June 2012, 5:16 PM
I liked most of my team members in Black. They battled pretty well, and they didn't ever let me down. Although, some Pokemon like Sigilyph, Zebstrika, and Klinklank were almost impossible to work with.

Dancing Togekiss
17th June 2012, 5:19 PM
The monkeys weren't that strong, I ditched my simisear at lvl 34.

TheBattleFrontierAsh1
17th June 2012, 6:17 PM
Semisage, and Garbordor. With Semisage I thought I'd be using a good grass type, but I was wrong even of you choose not to evolve it, it's movepool is still bad.

needsalimegreenespeon
17th June 2012, 6:18 PM
I suppose I got lucky. I don't use pokemon that are traded to me, so I never used the Monkeys. I did, however, raise a Liepard on my first runthrough of Black. I never really cared for it, but seeing as it was a purple cat, (my two favorite things) I stuck with it. She died a LOT in my battles with the Elite Four, and when I caught Reshiram, I made it go back in the boxes.

Lord Fighting
17th June 2012, 6:31 PM
I think most of the pokemon in Unova are not very good especially when compared to the other regions.

Eelijah
17th June 2012, 6:34 PM
I've made it to the Elite 4 with Samurott, Darmanitan, Galvantula and Swoobat - Zekrom joined in for the last battle. Needless to say that Swoobat was the weakest point in the team. Although it enjoys a more than decent Speed, its other stats are quite terrible, but I loved (and still love) the design!

Absol Wings
17th June 2012, 6:50 PM
The monkeys and Pidove line really dissapoint me.I ditch Unfezant for a Rufflet (Now a braviary)
Seriously? I was quite impressed by my Simipour actually. I wasn't expecting anything great but she turned out to be quite a fast and powerful attacker, and the main offensive force of my advanture team.

Though I did ditch Zebstrika after a while, as well as Galvantula. So I stayed without an electric type, and only relied on my Leavanny for supereffective damage against water.

Wartusk
17th June 2012, 7:56 PM
I found the Sandile line was a little too easy to beat. I had to give my Krookodile some powerful moves to make sure he at least did anything.

Rayce
17th June 2012, 9:08 PM
I es disappointed with Zoroark. He really wasn't as good as he looks, and he looks really bad***

★ Lucario ★
17th June 2012, 9:24 PM
Zebstrika dissapointed me, he always dies in one hit. I should have used Eelektrik untill i got Zekrom...

McIntyre
17th June 2012, 10:04 PM
I was quite disappointed with the Pidove line in all honesty. It's the first time ever that I didn't use the regional bird all the way through on my first run through. It didn't even last long enough in my team to evolve all the way to Unfezant. Same with Purrloin. I love the design to bits, but it just doesn't shine as you get on with the game.

Shine
18th June 2012, 1:54 AM
I was also excited to get my Liepard, but that too was underwhelming. I mean, how can a Dark-type Cat NOT learn Bite on its own?!? All I ended up keeping it around for was because it was the first that I noticed on my team that could learn Cut. I also taught it Thief, but as early on as I am right now, there's not a fat lot of good that's doing me (other than the occasional Berry)...

I like Liepard, but it is literally a Dark version of Swoobat with a way worse movepool.......at least Swoobat has a decent movepool. Liepard can't learn Bite, Crunch, and DARK PULSE.

Liepard. I thought using a dark pokemon would help considerabley with the Elite 4. It didn't.
It's a really, really weak Pokemon.

Using a Dark-Type DO help in the E4. But not a Dark-Type as frail as Liepard, definitely. Scrafty or Mandibuzz would've been a better choice.

Wi fi sake managed to sweep with zen darmanitan...required loads of para support, e-hazards and revenge killing/1 memento to see him sweep the remaining 3 pokemon...it wasnt satisfactory at all...not to mention the ingame leveling...

which is why Zen Mode Darmanitan is trash. It's trash even for in-game, let alone in Wi-Fi......

LordLati
18th June 2012, 9:52 AM
Unfezant, Leavanny, and Seismitoad. I thought they would be useful but nope.
The first two had shallow movepools and mediocre stats. The latter was just underwhelming and reminded me of a slightly weaker Quagsire.

I ended up with a regular Darmanitan, Gigalith, Conkeldurr, Swoobat, and a Samurott on my first E4 clear.

pikadon92
18th June 2012, 12:35 PM
During my Black play, it was panpour. It was frail and could hardly win battles, even after evolution. I stopped using it afterwards.

2rsa
18th June 2012, 1:48 PM
I recently started a new black game i started with Snivy and honestly guys.Maybe Snivy is not great in competitive plays but for in game play with leach seed and giga drain you never have to worry about your opponents.
I also had Scraffty,Excadrill,Unfezant and Galvantula.Reshiram joined the team later.They were all good,even Unfezant.TBH he couldn't defeat every opponent but with a good choice of moves and a little strategy he did a good job.
So i really can't say i'm displeased with any of them.Maybe i'm a little dissapointed with N's Zekrom.Lol.I wanted my Reshiram dead so i could Ev train him later(I wanted Reshiram to defeat the pokemons who give Speed or Special attack Ev's) but zekrom couldn't do anything.One fusion flare halved his health and he nearly gave my Reshi the wrong EVs.:-|

doodlecloud
18th June 2012, 3:41 PM
I recently started a new black game i started with Snivy and honestly guys. Maybe Snivy is not great in competitive plays but for in game play with leach seed and giga drain you never have to worry about your opponents.

Really? I recently decided to get a Snivy, Pikachu, Larvitar, Bagon, Datini and Axew, all at level 1-10 and go through the game from the beginning to train them up rather than just quick levelling them at the Giant Chasm. I went through each area so they all fought lots of different types of pokemon but Snivy was the worst in every area....he needed constant support from team members just to stay alive, even when he had the type advantage and wasn't able to get any decent hits on anything till at least level 30 when he could just about hold his all against water and ground pokemon. I was pretty disappointed.

Other than that no major disappointments except Swoobat. I didn't find the monkeys that disappointing because I didn't really like them much from the start so I didn't really expect much from them. Swoobat however, I adore, so it sucks that it's just not that good.....think I did get mine to level 49 before I finally swapped him out of my team though.

There are still a lot of Gen V pokemon I have yet to give a proper chance though so maybe I'll find more disappointments later...hope not though as lots of them looks really interesting.

Fugazy
19th June 2012, 5:49 AM
Unfezant, Liepard, Roggenrola (could not stand up to Elesa's Emolga's for the life of me!). I was shocked at Unfezant because in every Pokemon game, the flying type I caught at the beginning stays with me and becomes one of my best Pokemon but Unfezant pales in comparison to Braviary.

Fugazy
19th June 2012, 5:55 AM
Seriously? I was quite impressed by my Simipour actually. I wasn't expecting anything great but she turned out to be quite a fast and powerful attacker, and the main offensive force of my advanture team.

Though I did ditch Zebstrika after a while, as well as Galvantula. So I stayed without an electric type, and only relied on my Leavanny for supereffective damage against water.

I ditched my Pansage at level 21 for a Darumaka which I then ditched for a Tepig that is now a level 50 Emboar.

Zebstrika was another underwhelming Pokemon. I was surprised at how awful it's defenses were. It was really only good for it's Speed and Sp. Atk. which matters to me very little.

βƹβƹ ɱɪɢηѻη
19th June 2012, 8:29 AM
I was especially disappointed with Zebstrika. Back when Blitzle was revealed, I was so excited to use it and its potential evolution. When I used it, I was immensely disappointed especially compared with Luxray. It just didn't feel like a good Pokemon overall.

MatchMaster
19th June 2012, 4:46 PM
I'd have to agree with Zebstrika. I ditched it after I beat Elesa.

ElBandito81
19th June 2012, 4:51 PM
Simipour. It was nice for the type coverage I needed early on, but it was weak, had a rather poor movepool, and the way it looks.... it's just unappealing.

vespiqueen
19th June 2012, 5:49 PM
Am I the only person that's happy with Swoobat? Sure, it is a little weak compared to rest of my team, but it's move pool isn't that bad and I actually battle with it a lot. It's honestly my favorite Pokemon from Unova.

Purrloin, however, was a huge disappointment. I tried to train it, but it was just annoying how weak it was :/ I boxed it and Pansear at the same time, and that was really early in the game.

Kninja22
19th June 2012, 5:57 PM
Druddigon,it's the worst dragon type,it redeems it's self with it's shiny forme though

SuperPichu
20th June 2012, 7:20 PM
Although I love my team, I'm gonna have to say Unfezant (even if it is my flyer and Lv.100). It's movepool is what disappointed me, mine currently knows Air Slash, Sky Attack, Fly and Quick Attack. I really wish Steel Wing was still a TM and I hope they give it Brave Bird in B2W2.

Ash&Pikachu-Fan
1st July 2012, 7:51 PM
Pokemon don't let me down, I let them down lol does anyone else think like me? :/

Streetlight
1st July 2012, 8:06 PM
The Unfezant line and Zebstrika line. Unfezant just looks like complete and utter crap in my opinion and is not that useful and Zebstrika, while looking fairly awesome, just can't take a hit. You don't know how happy I am that GameFreak is giving me a Braviary right after Castelia and offering us more Electric types in BW2.

AllyNidhogg
1st July 2012, 8:25 PM
The elementary monkeys; Simisage, Simipour, Simisear. Pretty boring imo.

Lepidus
1st July 2012, 11:03 PM
The Monkeys in all honesty. Sure they can be great special attackers, what with Nasty Plot and 100 base speed, but to be frank, they're still outclassed by many other Pokemon in their respective typings. Especially Simisage, which is sad because his design is probably one of my favorite in the entire generation.

Serenna
2nd July 2012, 3:49 AM
The Pidove evolutionary line.

Actually caught a Pidove and used it for my 1st runthrough. Noticed that it's Special Attack is much higher than its Attack and the moveset has mostly Physical Attack Flying moves.

To say that was disappointing is an understatement. I want my Starly back.

Wolfangs
2nd July 2012, 5:12 AM
I don't think I have time to list all the Pokemon from the 5th Gen that I was disappointed with. Most of the Pokemon you get close to the beginning of the game like Zebstrika, The elemental monkeys, all of the ones that were listed already, Almost any electric pokemon in the game, some of the grass types, there are a lot of bug types too that faint really easy and even some of the Legendaries don't live up to the hype. This has been my least favourite set of games out of all of them.

I approve this message 100%

clownieo
2nd July 2012, 7:45 AM
I never encountered any issues with any of my Pokemon in the 5th generation. I simply train them until they can OHKO most of the Pokemon I encountered. However, I did give up on my swoobat, although that wasn't until AFTER I defeated the Elite Four (he was level 66).

SpencerJJ2
2nd July 2012, 7:24 PM
Simipour disappointed me. I used it so I could counter fire early in the game, as I chose Serperior. Sure, it had good speed and scald was pretty nice, but I found it to be too fragile. Definitely not using it in anymore playthroughs.

Matoro
4th July 2012, 2:33 PM
Always liked grass types but Serperior was crappy. Always go dual-type. Best moves were stuff like Leech seed and Giga Drain. Just stay-alive stuff.

RXL Hope
4th July 2012, 2:40 PM
Serperior, worst grass starter final evolution for me. It's a good thing that I have an Emboar and Samurott though.

Dragalge
4th July 2012, 2:56 PM
At least they have better pokemon to chose from the start in BW2, Ferroseed was a pain to train until you evolve it, it is just to slow.

DragoniteRules1
4th July 2012, 9:26 PM
I caught a Zebstrika and used him until I beat Ghetsis then I ditched him as a Flash slave and caught a Bisharp.

kaiser soze
4th July 2012, 9:45 PM
Zebstrika got ditched after beating the E4. I had a Bold Serperior; that was a pain. I never used the monkeys beyond beating the first gym, however.

Schade
4th July 2012, 9:48 PM
I imagined Zoroark to be better.

ShinyMienshao
4th July 2012, 10:06 PM
The Pan/Simi line; its so unnecessary. And you are right, Zebstrika does great appeal wise but it's attacks and defenses are totally humiliating.

MarbleZone
5th July 2012, 1:43 AM
On my first run, I caught and trained most Pokemon without checking them on Smogon first like I usually do.

... man, was that Seismitoad worthless.

Donesparce
5th July 2012, 11:25 PM
I tried using a Vanilluxe. It was a floating double scoop of ice cream, what could be more awesome? Apparently pretty much everything.

I caught a Vanillite going through the game, but its moveset was awful and it was weaker than everything else around it. I put it on hold until the post game. There, I went through the E4 with the Exp. share a few times until it evolved twice. From there... it was still nothing special. It's learnset consists of ice moves, normal moves, and Flash Cannon. All of its stats are pretty average besides Special Attack, but with only Ice Beam and Flash Cannon and low speed it's not gonna take a whole lot down. Such a cool Pokemon that just doesn't reach its potential, pun intended.

Swampasaur
5th July 2012, 11:31 PM
Using Simipour was just a bad idea. Not sure why I used it.

Jacobthepokemonfreak
6th July 2012, 2:06 AM
I really don't get this, my modest simipour (white) and simisear (black) beat the the living daylights out of EVERYONE!!

I thought archeops was a boss, i thought it couldn't get any better, until i noticed its ability. That is not an ability, that is a letdown.

Wishing Star
6th July 2012, 2:17 AM
Unfezant - It's a shame I could never use it the way I used Staraptor on my team. It just wasn't powerful enough for my tastes.
Zebstrika - Its visual appealing is amazing, but it was way too fragile.
Archen line - I really dislike drawback-only abilities, even for flavor reasons. What's the point of halving stats when below half health when you can't even kill anything when you're at full health to begin with? (That's just my experience.)

I'd say something about the Pans and Simis, but personally I think those were made to get you past Striaton City. Of course, I'm stubborn for thinking this, since I never used them afterward, but still...

And in the same vein as the Archen line, Regigigas. I know it's not a fifth generation Pokémon, but I just hate its Slow Start ability.

DMerle
6th July 2012, 2:24 AM
With Black and White I didn't really like the Pokémon offered to you early on. In DPP I felt that before the 2nd or 3rd gym I could of caught 2/3 Pokémon which were cool and good in battle, Poochyena, Starly, Shinx, etc. But in Black and White it seemed I was waiting forever until I could catch a Pokémon which would actually stay on my team.

Ace Of Keys
6th July 2012, 2:54 AM
Golurk. It was the "odd" pokemon in my team from the minute I caught it. It helped a lot but I was expecting a bit better from it. I still like it and use it on my team. And I'm also dissappointed in Zebstrika. It was always the weak one on my team. The only thing it has is speed.

Zebrastrike is a bit disappointing but Garvantula isn't exactly all that better. Can't say the electric types are getting good stuff here

ForeverFlame
6th July 2012, 3:01 AM
Liepard was very disappointing. I expected more from a dark-type leopard. It's too bad Purrloin was found so early in the game.

Unfezent was also disappointing. Especially compared to Staraptor and its amazing attack stat. It was also a disappointment design-wise.

The monkey trio. Oh goodness. Their usefulness exponentially decreases as the game goes on.

On the bright side, there's other Pokemon like Volcarona that completely shattered my expectations. So it's not all doom and gloom.

RedCometCustom
6th July 2012, 3:25 AM
Zebrastrike is a bit disappointing but Garvantula isn't exactly all that better. Can't say the electric types are getting good stuff here

Have to agree. I like using a electric type in my league challenge team, but I never really 'felt it' with Zebstrika

ShinyZorua28
6th July 2012, 9:12 AM
Unfezent, the monkey trio, and Serperior were ALL disappointing (ESPECIALLY Serperior). However Unfezent wasn't all that bad for me untill I realized that he is going cause more harm than good for the E4 and the rest of the main story. As soon as I got a Braviary after the main story (I was too lazy to level up Rufflet) I dumped it. As for the monkeys they were used for the 1st gym leader the were never seen again. I at least expected Serperior to have at least SOME potential but he ended up worse than I thought. His movepool is terrible, his stats are bad, and I ended up using other pokemon to help him when things get too tough for him, even when the opponent's pokemon are weak to him.

superyellowduck
6th July 2012, 12:29 PM
Where to start! The starters are lacking this time. Serperior is the worst Grass type starter ever. And both Samurott and Emboar could have done much better. At least Emboar is kinda bulky. But they are not like Empoleon and Infernape... Any pokemon up to #032 (Gigalith) are lacking. Lilligant is very one-dimensional. It would have been better if Lilligant could learn more varied moves. I always liked the look of Sawsbuck. Absolutely awful. It has a good move pool but so many weaknesses. There are only 2 decent grass types in game. Leavanny and Ferrothorn. Jellicent is a bit lacking. t would have been nice for Jellicent to have better stats i.e. more Special Attack and Defense.

Blue_Ringed_Umbreon
7th July 2012, 5:02 AM
I completely agree with Serperior. When the starters were announced, Snivy appealed straight away; looked so cool and had heaps of attitude! Its the first time in any generation that I didnt choose the Water starter. It went into the PC at lvl 37.
Didnt expect much of Liepard/Zebstrika/Unfezant, as you catch them easily and quite early on; same can be said for the monkeys.
I have to say, I used Cobalion through E4, and loved him! I think its the first time since Moltres that I used a Legendary for my first run through the E4.
In all fairness, each of the starters in Gen5 are lacking, which is really disappointing........

Pikasaur
7th July 2012, 5:13 AM
Purrloin, Poor cat cant take damage or give it out.

Only damaging Dark attack it gets before it evolves is Pursuit. Lillipup and patrat at least get bite and crunch.

Shame really, since Purrloin is one of my favorite 5th gen pokemon.

cobaltlion69
7th July 2012, 5:26 AM
Strong pokemon,weak pokemon,it really depends on the trainer.:D
So for me there is no bad or weak pokemon.

I agree. it all depends on your strategy and understanding of the pokemon you're using. Sounds like most of the trainers in this thread don't know about IVs or how to invest EVs. I'm just keepin it lit

Aura Sphere
7th July 2012, 5:45 AM
I don't remember anything being disappointing; everything on my team definitely had its strengths and weaknesses. For example: Though my Vanillish did take a lot longer to evolve fully than the others, it still had decent sp. attack and could take out ground, grass, and dragons.

Iwz8472
7th July 2012, 10:19 AM
i was always one to power level one or two pokes, so i chose my samurott, zebstrika, and golett... samurott was pretty bamf, but zebstrika and golurk were just terrible. Zebstrika couldnt hit worth jack and Golurk was pointless for the gyms and elite four... fortunately i replaced my zebstrika with zekrom and my golurk with a chandelure :p

Kiraush
7th July 2012, 10:36 AM
Musharna by far, no contest.

Hilda
7th July 2012, 11:07 AM
I didn't get dissapointed with any because I have the ability to use every Pokemon in a good way.

infernape612
8th July 2012, 6:05 AM
Unfezant and Purrloin. Unfezant was... decent, and I think the other early Normal/Flying types were better. Purrloin was so useless, I eventually thought to myself, "Wait a minute... I get scared every time I see a Herdier..." (this was early in the game) "and I'm using PURRLOIN?!" In comes Lillipup, and now I have a proud Stoutland.

FirstRate
8th July 2012, 7:06 AM
Mine was probably Pansear. When you first get it at level 10, it's Fire STAB is Incinerate, which was so annoying to me because it's so weak. I actually beat Cilan's Pansage with my Lillipup (both Pansear and Lillipup were level 13) because Pansear got knocked out. It did better once it learned Flame Burst, but before that it was a huge pain.

Syxx66
8th July 2012, 7:23 AM
Panpour. The monkeys just suck in general. I was expecting more. They are given to you like starters after all. I'm not implying starters are all that great either. They really aren't. Another one would be Scolipede. Sure, it's fast. But there's no muscle behind that speed. None of it's other stats stand out at all.

I didn't get dissapointed with any because I have the ability to use every Pokemon in a good way.
http://i1.kym-cdn.com/entries/icons/original/000/007/508/watch-out-we-got-a-badass-over-here-meme.png

ohjeezitskim
8th July 2012, 8:39 PM
I was with a lot, but that was based on looks. LIke the starters.. I didn't i have that oh my gosh, they look awesome effect as i did with earlier generations. But I can say I was disappointed with simisear, I believe that what it was called.. I got ride of it before it was level twenty. It couldn't knock out a grass pokemon with it's fire move, so I replaced it.

The Eleventh
8th July 2012, 9:59 PM
Hey, Galvantula is pretty good. Compoundeyes gives it near-perfect accuracy Thunder (91%). A set of Thunder / Bug Buzz / Energy Ball / HP Ice works wonders.

Dragalge
8th July 2012, 10:01 PM
Basically pokemon like Woobat and Purrloin were too frail and needed more defense.

Dr. Leggs
9th July 2012, 4:39 AM
Beheeyem is obviously very slow, but tremendously more frail than I expected... Sort of trudging through my White playthrough with him. @_@

Shine
9th July 2012, 5:20 AM
Beheeyem is obviously very slow, but tremendously more frail than I expected... Sort of trudging through my White playthrough with him. @_@

The fact that it is completely outclassed by Reuniclus (who appears in the same Gen) doesn't help.

I agree. it all depends on your strategy and understanding of the pokemon you're using. Sounds like most of the trainers in this thread don't know about IVs or how to invest EVs.

...for Serperior, not sure about the people in here, but from what I've seen so far in real life and in other places, generally what people didn't see is that it isn't meant to be a sweeper like most starters, but rather a bulky tank, like Meganium.
It even has the same movepool problem like Meganium. Except that Serperior is fast AND has access to Coil.

Meesey
9th July 2012, 12:32 PM
Had a Woobat, cas the name was hilarious...it was a terrible pokemon, never again.
Was also quite disappointed in Samurott, not really sure what was wrong with it though I just didnt like it

Navarch
9th July 2012, 12:33 PM
Braviary didn't serve me very well...

Meesey
9th July 2012, 12:36 PM
Braviary didn't serve me very well...

I was really looking forward to using it, but then when I got it I was a little upset with it. Just didnt hit as hard as I was expecting it would, nor could it take hits that well.

SouthParkPikachu
9th July 2012, 5:11 PM
Zoroark, It can't take a hit without fainting or the health bar being in the yellow zone. Even with the use of Vitamins It still can't take a hit. Or maybe it's just me?

Young Xehanort
9th July 2012, 5:36 PM
None.
Just none.
Well, I say that cause I used Raikou, Suicune, Reshiram, Cobalion, Celebi and Emboar in my First E4 run.
Needless to say, they were underleveled.
Still made it out though :D

EmiiLava
9th July 2012, 5:47 PM
Stunfisk and Emboar. That is all.

Sworn Metalhead
13th July 2012, 1:47 AM
Definitely has to be Purrloin. Nothing short of a pathetic defense/sp defense, cant take any move with a base power of more than about 50 :S

FRUITYai
20th July 2012, 10:56 PM
Snivy evolution line was a huge let down for me. It mainly served to be my staller with its leech seed and giga drain while I revived the rest of my team.

biomega
20th July 2012, 11:01 PM
Palpitoad was very disappointing, I didn't even use it long enough to evolve it into seismitoad. Scolipede was a bit disappointing too. It has a fantastic design, and pretty sweet moves and stats, but unfortunately the combo of poison and bug just gave it too many weaknesses. I'm just not going to use a bug that's weak to psychic attacks. Also galvantula.

On the other hand, Emolga, Ferrothorn, Krookodile and Axew have come up huge for me!

SoulMuse
20th July 2012, 11:01 PM
I have several, sadly. Eleketross, for instance. It never really hit as hard as I had hoped it to, same thing with Meinshao. Zebstrika kinda fell on it's face as well. And Kyurem.....bah.

FRUITYai
20th July 2012, 11:13 PM
During my play-through, I always have the obsession of getting all of my Pokemon to the same level; so naturally, when I got Purrloin, I had to make sure it matched the levels of the other pokemon on my team. ABSOLUTE HELL.

JynxMidnight
21st July 2012, 1:36 AM
Hmm, thinking back, I really didn't dislike any of the pokemon, but there were definitely some that were hard to handle. I really liked Purrlion's design so I tried my best to cope and try it out, though I didn't like it at first. It was, a struggle to say the least. Some pokemon that I liked I see many others didn't were Serperior and Archeops, I really never had an issue with either of these. Archeops was so strong that it rarely gave the opponent a chance to retaliate, while Serperior was an excellent Seeder and Coil just made everything that much better.

ZombifiedHorror1031
21st July 2012, 2:07 AM
Early on in my White, I caught a Blitzle and attempted to raise it because I like the look of Zebstrika and needed an electric type. It could not take a hit at all. I know its defense is low, but jeeze. I tried for a while, then just boxed it...and I'm pretty sure I released it because I couldn't be bothered anymore. I did eventually get Zebstrika later, and still do like it.

And I know you get better Pokemon overall when you hatch them and EV train from level 1, but...no. I will not raise a Blitzle.

Kanethedragon
21st July 2012, 2:12 AM
Me, well, none to be honest. I barely have used my fifth gen pokemon yet other than my starters and those that I caught going through the story. All of them being useful in some way or another (to challenge gyms or just filling in the Unova dex)

Finch.
21st July 2012, 2:15 AM
Braviary. It's just so frail...

*sigh*

biomega
21st July 2012, 7:36 AM
The main complaint smogon had with braviary was that it was too slow to be a sweeper… I haven't tried it personally… I have found a lack of good flyers in 5th gen, though… I'm thinking I'll go with gliscor for something new, or Hydreigon since he has levitate, although we all know how well that works against haxorus with mold breaker...

StanTheStaraptor
21st July 2012, 12:16 PM
I am agreeing with all these people saying Seismitoad. Just awful. It doesn't have the strength to take out anything, and personally I'd rather Poison Point to Poison Touch. I trained Tympole in the hopes of it becoming incredible, but no... Maybe if I had of EV trained?
Emboar is bad too. It's so sloooooow, and pretty frail. Frailty I expected in a Fire-type starter, but I was hoping for a little more speed.
Beartic has one of my favourite designs, but by level up it doesn't get enough Physical moves for type coverage, and TM options are slim.

Those three, along with Leavanny (who I adore, I think it's a 1000x better than Parasect) made up my team as I went through the game, and I really struggled with them: I also trained Munna and Tympole/Eelektrik, and they were bad too. I regret not reviving Tirtouga earlier, Carracosta is incredible (and thank god I didn't pick Archen, its ability is awful).

dirkac
21st July 2012, 1:24 PM
Reuniclus, Vanniluxe and Unfesant, they all sucked, bad. They were either so frail they couldn't get a hit, or they had practically no power.
The one's that replced them (Musharna, Beartc and Swanna), were pokemon I originally thought would be bad, they turned out to be awesome, esp Musharna.

AceFlonne
21st July 2012, 1:32 PM
Reuniclus, Vanniluxe and Unfesant, they all sucked, bad. They were either so frail they couldn't get a hit, or they had practically no power.
The one's that replced them (Musharna, Beartc and Swanna), were pokemon I originally thought would be bad, they turned out to be awesome, esp Musharna.

I agree on Unfezant being horrible but Reunuculus and Vanniluxe isn't especially Reunuculus who has a good ability compared to Musharna

Amethyst Star
21st July 2012, 4:53 PM
Purrloin sucked all around. I was patient and hung in there until it evolved, and I wish I hadn't because Liepard isn't any better. I hated Zoroark, Bisharp, Seismitoad, Mienshao, and Garbodor too.

Chaos Rush
22nd July 2012, 7:49 PM
Swoobat and Serperior. Swoobat just didn't deal much damage and I ended up boxing it altogether by the 7th Gym. Serperior was okay stat-wise but I felt like the only damaging moves it had were Grass moves, so it had poor type coverage.

supercute50
23rd July 2012, 12:21 AM
Swoobat.. i wanted to use a flying/psychic type, but after a while i just couldn't stand using him anymore. So he was replaced with Sigilyph.

Shravanian
23rd July 2012, 3:26 AM
Eelektross was a letdown. I used it throughout the game, but ended up boxing it in the end because it wouldn't hit hard enough.

sexypoison
23rd July 2012, 4:32 AM
Just started playing white version yesterday and so far...Purrlion! I was so excited when I saw this cute thing but OMFG..

sexypoison
23rd July 2012, 4:33 AM
During my play-through, I always have the obsession of getting all of my Pokemon to the same level; so naturally, when I got Purrloin, I had to make sure it matched the levels of the other pokemon on my team. ABSOLUTE HELL.

HAHA I am going through that right now, crazy. It is not working out in my favor!

EptyK
24th July 2012, 6:57 PM
The monkeys are god awful!!!
I had a jolly nature and it couldn't even get it past half with incinerate
I'd rather put a dunsparce on my team then that pile of sh*t
but also i was gunna take my mienfoo off my team cuz it gets barely any use
exp shared it to lvl 50! it always died but it payed cuz no its a mienshao

GreatGonzales
24th July 2012, 9:10 PM
After getting almost annihilated be every single enemy sigiliph, I had expected much more than what I got from it myself.

Star Champion AJ
24th July 2012, 9:13 PM
Purrloin and its evolution.

Sinfonietta
24th July 2012, 9:31 PM
After getting almost annihilated be every single enemy sigiliph, I had expected much more than what I got from it myself.

Bingo. I agree, it just wasn't that great to use ingame. Also, Unfezant. Kept it in my team because I wanted a flyer, but it REALLY wasn't worth it.

sagittar
29th July 2012, 1:10 AM
Eelektross, Samurott, Pansear, Munna, Zebstrika, Gigalith, Swoobat and Carracosta.

Zweilous was only good after it evolved :)

help
29th July 2012, 7:06 AM
that stupid panpour thing. all those pans were pathetic! And hmmmm zebstrika was a huge letdown!! stunfisk is also virtually useless.

Tuskie Tyrant Yoko Kurama
29th July 2012, 7:08 AM
Just Swoobat, but that's appearance wise. None of the others have been a disappointment, I think this generation has been very interesting on the Pokemon.

ImAnOKIE12
29th July 2012, 7:23 AM
Cryoganol. like wtf is this? and stufisk. i could not stand those pokemon -_-

MegaMew2
29th July 2012, 8:53 AM
Pansear. I caught and raised one with the intention of using it against Burgh, but...it was horrible.
I ended up using my Zebstrika instead.

*PKMN Trainer Paddy*
29th July 2012, 2:26 PM
The 5th gen had some good pokemon but majority were atrocious main examples the monkey trio ! Others just felt like updates of gen 1-4 pokemon
rogenrola-geodude
timburr-machop
blitzle-ponyta
sawk and throh- hitmonlee and hitmonchan
and there were so many others though all the starters and legendaries apart serperior and the genies were useful

Neyon
29th July 2012, 8:21 PM
Lilligant, i'm sorry but all it does is Petal Dance. Does it know ANY non Grass attacks?. I can imagine Sap Sipper...nyum nyum nyum feed me

I love my Lilligant; not the best stats, but she's pretty and has a KILLER Hidden Power type for me (rock). With Quiver Dance, I've found her to be fantastic. At level 51, she single handedly took out Ghettis after his Hydreigon wiped me the first try.

Of course, different strokes for different folks. I'd say the biggest disappointment for me was Gigalith. One of the best designs in the game to me, but with his speed, I just found him getting KOed more than optimal.

jalpavac
29th July 2012, 8:37 PM
Definitely Serperior - when I first got White I was all like "yay what an amazing looking starter". Needless to say It ended up in my PC at level 38 and hasn't come out since...

ShinyHaxorus
29th July 2012, 9:04 PM
Pansage was terrible, I think I managed to get him to level 17 before I boxed it, before that it was getting OHKO'd all the time even by water pokemon.. talk about weak.
Also having not watched the anime of pokemon for a hell of a long time I was really dissapointed by the look of lillipup it looks like a yorkshire terrier and it's evolved forms are just as poor, it could be the strongest pokemon in the entire game but I'd of still kept clear of it looking like that.

Moonlight Amaryllis
30th July 2012, 9:10 PM
Liepard and Panpour. Once Purrloin evolved, it was as weak as before, and I had to store her in my PC. Panpour was with me all the way up to the League, but Splash (the Panpour) took ages to level up, and fainted from one to three hits. I boxed him right before deleting my info. I restarted...but this time didn't keep either...

★ Mr. Mime ★
31st July 2012, 4:34 PM
Blitzle was definitely a disappointment.

I thought things would get better with Zebstrika, but they didn't...

NickrossxD
31st July 2012, 5:53 PM
I ALWAYS hated Swoobat. Its SAtk is like 80 (don't quote me on that) and its Atk is like 60, while its signature move is physical! Oh my lord...

Arvis
1st August 2012, 5:39 AM
zebstrika was a dissapointment to me. i thought it was a good idea to get it since it appeared very early in the game but i wasn't. as soon as the main story ended i boxed it and i haven't used it ever since

ImMichael
6th August 2012, 10:56 PM
Druddigon. It looks SO cool and strong and then when I actually got one, and raised it... It's useless. It's just so inferior to all the other dragons, even the ones from this gen. Still, the shiny sprite is pretty cool, I guess. Zebstrika also sucked. I loved Zebstrika early on in the game, but it's turned out later to be pretty sad.

RainDance
6th August 2012, 10:59 PM
Liepard was so terrible I don't even want to talk about it...

Claus351
7th August 2012, 11:54 PM
probably the pidove line. not fast or strong in any way. I eventually stopped using it except for fly.

indifference
7th August 2012, 11:55 PM
Musharna is probably my weakest pokemon along with Simisear. I love Musharna but it was just no good.

5sniperwolf
8th August 2012, 12:08 AM
The Elemental monkeys were very disapointing to me, Pansear totally owned by a Darumaka, I used deerling instead of Pansage and really impressed me, even with all the weaknesses, and well I didn't used Panpour since I chose Oshawott

hyacinth
8th August 2012, 12:23 AM
100% agree about the elemental monkeys
dont't really like Throh and Sawk just naff versions of Hitmons i can't stand them as it looks like clothes they are wearing which to me is just wrong

*Sharp*
8th August 2012, 6:21 AM
Probably my Zebstrika or Samurott. I found that they became very diminished after a while, especially since my other pokemon were getting all the action.

E27
8th August 2012, 6:31 AM
Either Zebstrika or Vanilluxe. I thought Vanilluxe would be really good with a high special attack but its move pool is so shallow.