PDA

View Full Version : In-game Pokemon Black team

DarkDanny45
7th May 2012, 12:13 PM
Ohai everyone, I was looking for some feedback for my Pokemon Black team. As a note, don't suggest Egg moves for my pokemon, because I won't be breeding pokemon until after the Elite4. Also, I'm probably not going to EV train them. I will however breed these pokemon after I'm done with my playthrough to get better Natures, IV's etc. In this post I will be posting the EV's I'm planning to use after the playthrough ;)

:500:
• Emboar @ Rocky Helmet
• Blaze
• Stuck with Impish for now, Will be getting Brave after the E4
• EVs (252HP/252Atk/4Def)
- Hammer Arm
- Assurance
- Heat Crash
- Work Up

I know, Impish sucks, but I'm not gonna reset my game to get a better ability. I am forced to run a physical moveset with Impish lowering my Special Attack. Hammer Arm is for STAB and lowers my already terrible Speed. Assurance will almost always be a 100 base power move with that lowered speed. Heat Crash is for STAB and works well with Emboar being a fat pig. Work Up is a filler move. But hey, it raises my attack, that's nice!

:565:
• Carracosta @ ?
• Solid Rock
• Adamant
• EVs (200HP/252Atk/56SpDef/)
- Curse / Shell Smash
- Aqua Tail
- Smack Down
- Crunch

Carracosta is the more bulky Fossil pokemon. Curse to boost my stats. Aqua Tail is for STAB, so is Smack Down. Crunch is a filler move, but works well against Caitlin. Later on, I will probably replace Curse with Shell Smash. The EV spread I will then use will be 252HP/252Atk/4Def

:573:
• Cinccino @ Silk Scarf
• Technician
• Jolly
• EVs (4HP/252Atk/252Spe)
- Bullet Seed
- Rock Blast
- Tail Slap
- Wake-up Slap

This is literally the first time I'm gonna use Cinccino, so I'm very excited about it ^.^ All my moves benefit from Technician. DoubleSlap even gets STAB, so that will be my main attack. Too bad no such thing as a skill link like item exist, otherwise I would have used that :DChanged DoubleSlap to Cinccino's signature move: Tail Slap

:596:
• Galvantula @ Wide Lens
• Compoundeyes
• Timid
• EVs (4HP/252SpAtk/252Spe)
- Bug Buzz
- Thunder
- Energy Ball
- Volt Switch

Ahh, Galvantula. Without Hidden Power, you kinda suck :P Signal Beam is for STAB, and will obviously be replaced with Bug Buzz as soon as I get that. Agility and Electro Ball go well together. Sucker Punch to finish off weakened pokes As suggested by cabooseman, I will now run this set on my Galvantula.

:623:
• Golurk @ Leftovers
• Iron Fist
• Brave
• EVs (252HP/252Atk/4Def)
- Substitute
- Focus Punch
- Shadow Punch
- Earthquake

Wanted to try Golurk out for a while, but in my other playthroughs, I already had a full team by the time I got to the Celestial tower :D Curse is there to boost it's attack and defense, while lowering it's already crappy speed. Shadow Punch benefits from Iron Fist and gets STAB, Earthquake gets STAB as well. Heavy Slam is a filler move, but it works well with Golurk being very heavy. I didn't realize that putting Curse on a Ghost pokemon gives you the crappy Curse effect. That's why this will be a Focus Punch set. Focus Punch also benefits from Iron Fist, making it even more awesome!

:549:
• Lilligant @ Leftovers
• Own Tempo
• Timid
• EVs (252HP/188Def/69SpAtk)
- Quiver Dance
- Sleep Powder
- Petal Dance
- Giga Drain/Hidden Power Rock/Dream Eater

Lilligant sucks, but I needed a grass type for my team. Replacements are highly appreciated ;) Hidden Power Rock might work if I get lucky and get it. If that won't happen, Dream Eater is there as an alternative. Basically has the same effect as Giga Drain, but with more Power, More PP and better type coverage.

Hope you like my team. Leave your suggestions below

DarkDanny45

chap196
7th May 2012, 12:39 PM
For Lilligant
It isn't that bad, you can just use it. Hidden Power Rock instead of Giga Drain because you already have Petal Dance as your Grass type move and Hidden Power Rock covered 4/5 type that Petal Dance can't kill them, also it give more coverage.
Hope this help

DarkDanny45
7th May 2012, 12:59 PM
Hidden Power Rock sounds like a plan. The only problem is that this is an ingame team, so the chances of getting a good Hidden Power are minimal. I will however add it as an option. I'm also thinking about Dream Eater instead of Giga Drain? To go with Sleep Powder

cabooseman
7th May 2012, 2:05 PM
Use this for Galvantula. This is my setup for my Galvantula for Super Battles in the Subway and it was also my set-up during the play through (well some of it). Wise Glasses gives it another 10% boost on the SP. attack making him even more deadlier. Combine Thunder with Compoundeyes ability gives it about 90%+ accuracy. Bug Buzz, Energy Ball, and Thunder rip through trainers like no tomorrow with this set. You always have volt switch to change up if opponent throws out fire type or something. Speed on this baby is fantastic also so I'm pretty sure you'll be the first one attacking most of the times.

Galvantula @Wise Glasses
EVs: 6 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
Ability: Compoundeyes

- Thunder
- Bug Buzz
- Energy Ball
- Volt Switch

DarkDanny45
7th May 2012, 2:21 PM
Use this for Galvantula. This is my setup for my Galvantula for Super Battles in the Subway and it was also my set-up during the play through (well some of it). Wise Glasses gives it another 10% boost on the SP. attack making him even more deadlier. Combine Thunder with Compoundeyes ability gives it about 90%+ accuracy. Bug Buzz, Energy Ball, and Thunder rip through trainers like no tomorrow with this set. You always have volt switch to change up if opponent throws out fire type or something. Speed on this baby is fantastic also so I'm pretty sure you'll be the first one attacking most of the times.

Galvantula @Wise Glasses
EVs: 6 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
Ability: Compoundeyes

- Thunder
- Bug Buzz
- Energy Ball
- Volt Switch

Totally forgot about Volt Switch :O Will teach him this moves as soon as possible, Thank God Energy Ball is just before the E4 :D Thanks for the help, will edit the OP with your advice!

cabooseman
7th May 2012, 2:43 PM
Np. I was also using Electro ball + agility set like you and it wasn't working well against opponents with a little speed.

Kansas_Rocks!
8th May 2012, 2:03 AM
Golurk is a ghost type, so curse has the bad effect. Consider using the SubPunch set. I will post it if you need it.

davidchu
8th May 2012, 3:17 AM
sorry to break it to you, but there is not "skill link" item. I would suggest skill link instead of technician, because want 3 moves that will benefit from it. (double slap too right?)

DarkDanny45
13th May 2012, 12:58 PM
sorry to break it to you, but there is not "skill link" item. I would suggest skill link instead of technician, because want 3 moves that will benefit from it. (double slap too right?)

Ah okay, that's too bad then :/ I'd love to get myself a Skill Link Cinccino, but I don't have access to the Dream World :( Besides that, all 4 of my moves benefit from Technician, so it's not that bad :)

DarkDanny45
13th May 2012, 1:05 PM
Golurk is a ghost type, so curse has the bad effect. Consider using the SubPunch set. I will post it if you need it.

Stupid Curse and his crappy side-effect for ghost pokemon! I changed the OP. But I'd love to hear your Moveset and EV's :D

Shine
14th May 2012, 2:58 AM
....wonder why no one mentioned Tail Slap is way more better than Doubleslap.

It's practically Minccino and Cinccino's signature move, and it works with Technician, I don't know how did you missed it :p

Räven
25th May 2012, 5:29 PM
Cool team. I would replace Simisage with Lilligant, if you don't like it.