PDA

View Full Version : Competitve team HELP

tomatohater
10th May 2012, 8:57 PM
Just got an outline for a team, probably isn't good and please suggest different pokes and their uses.

Gardevoir
Item: Leftovers
Nature: Modest
Ability: Trace
Moves: Dream Eater, Hypnosis, Psychic, Calm Mind
EVs: 172 HP, 140 Defence, 136 Sp Defence, 16 Spd, 46 Sp Attack

Ninetales
Item: Life Orb
Nature: Timid
Ability: Flash Fire
Moves: Energy Ball, Willo-O-Wisp, Flamethrower, Nasty Plot
EVs: 252 Speed, 252 Sp Attack, 4 Sp Defence

Blastoise
Nature: Bold
Ability: Torrent
Moves: Rapid Spin, Toxic, Surf, Ice Beam
EVs: 252 HP, 236 Def, 20 Sp Defence

Breloom
Item: Lum Berry
Nature: Adament
Ability: Effect Spore
Moves: Spore, Focus Punch, Mach Punch, Substitute
EVs: 248 Attack, 248 Speed, 12 HP

Electrode
Item: Leichi Berry
Nature: Naive
Ability: Static
Moves: Selfdestruct, Thunder Wave, Thunderbolt, Mirror Coat
EVs: 252 Speed, 252 Attack, 4 Defence

Flygon
Ability: Levitate
Moves: Earthquake, Roost, Dragon Claw, Fire Blast,
EVs: 252 Attack, 252 Speed, 4 Sp Attack

Aurath8
10th May 2012, 9:13 PM
Focus Blast > Dream Eater on Gardevoir. Psychic is a fine STAB move already and you need the coverage. Consider Shadow Ball instead of hypnosis as well.

Seed Bomb or Rock Slide over Mach Punch on Breloom. Again, you need the coverage against other types.

Electrode, kinda sucks. There a lot of other electric Pokemon that do what electrode does better. More importantly leichi berry is unobtainable in the 5th generation games.

davidchu
10th May 2012, 9:26 PM
You're going to have to thank god if Gardevoir survives through Calm Mind + Hypnosis hit. There are too many Physical Dark type pokemon running around.
Get rid of either Calm Mind or both Hypnosis and Dream Eater. You can't afford to put 2 status moves on 1 pokemon unless it is Substitute or you're talking about something like Ferrothorn (Skarmory, yeah blah blah).

Focus Blast + Shadow Ball would be the basic, but Thunderbolt can surprise an opponent who hasn't battled a Gardevoir before.
It can also Dual Screen, especially with the EVs you put there. (Remember to always use Reflect first)
You can also put Charge Beam instead of Calm Mind, because there is a pretty high chance of increasing Spe.Atk

Personally Gardevoir is a great pokemon, just overshadowed by Espeon.

tomatohater
10th May 2012, 9:44 PM
Thanks I'll take them into account
should I change Electrode to electivire or ampharos
PS so if I put on Focus Blast onto Gardevoir (to kill umbreons, blissys and skarmorys) and take away Dream eater, would i then need to change hypnosis or not because i was thinking of Hypnosis then switching to say Flygon to go in for the kill?

davidchu
10th May 2012, 9:51 PM
Thanks I'll take them into account
should I change Electrode to electivire or ampharos
PS so if I put on Focus Blast onto Gardevoir and take away Dream eater, would i then need to change hypnosis or not?

Definitely change Hypnosis. Its accuracy is just too low to use with another status move.
(BTW I personally suggest using Galvantula, because you don't have any Psychic killers on your team right now)

tomatohater
10th May 2012, 10:06 PM
If i were to put in galvantula what moves, evs etc should I use and any tactics for it too.

davidchu
10th May 2012, 10:27 PM
If i were to put in galvantula what moves, evs etc should I use and any tactics for it too.

oh yeah forgot about that
as serebii said in pokemon of the week

Galvantula @Electric Gem (I think)
Timid Nature, Swarm
252 Spe.Atk/ 252 Speed/ 6 who knows what
- Agility
- Electro Ball
- Bug Buzz
- Volt Switch
Agility + Electro Ball + Timid + 252 Speed = VERY SCARY DAMAGE
Bug Buzz is obvious, since you're a bug type, and STAB rocks
Volt Switch is just incase your opponents are scary (another way of saying "that's about all the moves Galvantula can use")

Galvantula @Electric Gem (then again don't trust me)
Modest Nature, Compoundeyes
252 Spe.Atk/ 252 Speed/ 6 who knows what (same)
- Thunder
- Bug Buzz
- Volt Switch
- Energy Ball/ Hidden Power (?)

Thunder is for abuse of Compoundeyes. The other 2 moves are same.
Energy Ball is a choice for just another hard hit, but if you have 70 power for Hidden Power (and a good type), you could consider that too

I suggest the Compoundeyes set
Galvantula is very frail, and it sometimes won't survive to finish that Agility.

tomatohater
11th May 2012, 5:47 PM
Do you think I could include a Dual Screen & Stealth Rock Uxie (Then obviously switch via U-Turn (Which also provides protection from dark types)) instead of Electrode?

Uxie
Item: Light Clay
Moves: Light Screen, Reflect, Stealth Rock, U-Turn
EVs: 228 HP, 76 Defence, 204 Speed

davidchu
11th May 2012, 9:07 PM
Do you think I could include a Dual Screen & Stealth Rock Uxie (Then obviously switch via U-Turn (Which also provides protection from dark types)) instead of Electrode?

Uxie

Yeah sure that works
just mind the type coverage
because now you only have 5 pokemon left to battle against everything else

tomatohater
13th May 2012, 4:47 PM
Do you think I could give Flygon an Expert Belt as it has 3 different types of moves so it has a good chance of getting a Suoer-effective attack, and also because I am using 2x Life Orbs?
Also, could I give Gardevoir a Mind Plate as I am using 2x Leftovers and Psychic will recieve a 20% boost?

terrytorterra
13th May 2012, 5:29 PM
If you give Flygon Dragon Claw, Fire Punch and Earthquake you'll everything for at least Neutral Coverage.

Flygon @ Life Orb / Choice Band
Jolly
4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
- Dragon Claw
- Fire Punch
- Earthquake
- (idk... Hone Claws?) / U turn
.:. It's really sad that Flygon doesn't get any other boosting moves, namely Dragon Dance since Trapinch is bug type rather than dragon type. I'd say this is the best set you could use physically.
Draco-Fire gives you perfect neutral coverage, save Heatran, which is covered by STAB Earthquake, so you're getting everything in-game for at least x1, if not x1.5 or x2. Obviously if you go Choice Band don't use hone claws...

Of course, its 80 base Special Attack could be looked at as well. I think a mixed set could be viable against the right Pokemon

Flygon @ Life Orb
Naive
4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
- Draco Meteor
- Fire Punch
- Earthquake
- Dragon Claw / U turn
.:. Draco Meteor's scary power on top of STAB can pretty much ensure a kill against anything you've weakened already, meaning you can invest fully in attack. Same thing basically, but with a little twist.

Lastly there is the fully special variant, which could certainly catch some people off guard, considering you're doing competitive.

Flygon @ Life Orb
Timid
4 HP / 252 SpAtk / 252 Spe
- Flamethrower
- Earth Power
- Dragon Pulse / Draco meteor
- U turn / HP Grass
.:. If you choose Draco Meteor I would go with Choice Specs to get the most out of it, considering you're using a move that gives SpAtk -2.
Anyways, same types, so same type coverage. U turn is still in there since there may be Pokemon you don't really want to deal with, and while it doesn't make a whole lot of sense with Specs, you could go with HP Grass to take out bulky waters easier, since those may be a problem...

The Pwner
13th May 2012, 5:33 PM
Maybe you should

redcharzard
14th May 2012, 1:43 AM
Breloom Nature Adamant
Ability Toxic Heal
Item Toxic orb
Moves
-Spore
-Substitute
-Focus punch/Sky uppercut
-Seed bomb

Works better then effect spore and is available 4th and 5th gen Focus punch requires a tm from 4th gen but has insane power.

Ninetails Nature Modest/timid
Ability Drought
Item Leftovers
Moves
-Fire blast/Overheat
-Energy ball/Solarbeam
-Extrasensory/substitute
-Nasty plot/Will-o-wisp

works better than flash fire if you need a Vulpix with drought just ask I can breed them easily and I don't even use Ninetails that often(due to a lack of sun based team members.)

Electode can also have explosion which is still better then selfdestruct.

tomatohater
14th May 2012, 5:55 PM
So for my final competitive team I'm going to use (Please read the bottom of the post for one last question):

Blastoise
Nature: Bold
Ability: Torrent
Moves: Rapid Spin, Toxic, Surf, Ice Beam
EVs: 252 HP, 236 Def, 20 Sp Defence

Uxie

Gardevoir
Item: Mind Plate
Nature: Modest
Ability: Trace
Moves: Thunderbolt, Focus Blast, Psychic, Calm Mind
EVs: 172 HP, 140 Defence, 136 Sp Defence, 16 Spd, 46 Sp Attack

Ninetales
Ability: Flash Fire
Moves: Energy Ball, Willo-O-Wisp, Flamethrower, Nasty Plot
EVs: 226 Speed, 226 Sp Attack, 4 Sp Defence, 52 HP

Flygon
Item: Expert Belt
Moves: Earthquake, Roost, Dragon Claw, Fire Blast,
EVs: 252 Attack, 252 Speed, 4 Sp Attack

Breloom
Item: Toxic Orb
Nature: Adamant
Ability: Poison Heal
Moves: Spore, Focus Punch, Mach Punch, Substitute
EVs: 248 Attack, 248 Speed, 12 HP

PS. Thanks for everybodys help (and could you suggest some IVs for each Pokemon too)! ͼ(•͜ •)ͽ

redcharzard
15th May 2012, 3:58 PM
Since IVs can be difficult to get unless you rng I'll recommend a primary Iv to go for and a secoundary that you can breed for. A third Max IVs is possible but can take a very long time to get.

Breloom likes max Atk IVs(Primary) since that increase damage.
It also could make use of either max Hp IVs(prefered secoundary) or max speed IVs

Blastoise should have max Hp IVs
It can also make use of max s.atk, def, or s.def IVs

Ninetails should have max speed or S.atk IVs or both

Flygon should have max speed IVs
S.atk or Atk are good secoundary IVs

Gardevoir likes having max S.atk IVs or Hp IVs for the primary
If S.atk is the primary go for either Hp or speed as the secoundary
If Hp is the primary go for Def or S.atk as the secoundary

Uxie is a pain to get max IVs for so I'll recomend max Hp and thats it.

If you rng then try to get all of them maxed except for the Gardevoirs and Nintails Atk stat since you can try to get hidden power fighting for Gardevoir(works with shadow ball for perfect coverage) and hidden power electric/something else for Ninetails although its not nessary. Also if you need help getting any of these pokemon I can trade you some(I can also breed for natures and 1-2 max IVs depending on the pokemon) in exchange all I would want is 1-3 wifi battles to test my new pokemon.

tomatohater
15th May 2012, 10:32 PM
Sorry if this is a stupid question, but what do you mean by primary and secondary IVs. I do not know this as I have never done IVs before so I would really appreciate it if you could explain them.

redcharzard
16th May 2012, 2:03 AM
By primary IV I mean the main IVs you want maxed(example breloom needs high atk to deal damage so you want to make sure the atk IVs are 31) Its easy to breed 1 Max IV onto a pokemon but it can take a lot longer to get a secound one. By secoundary IV I mean the getting 31 IVs onto a stat that also helps the pokemon

Once you get the pokemon you want with the first IV you can pass that down by giving it one of the Power Items used for EV training(the one that works for the stat that is for the IVs your trying to pass down.)

You can then breed a pokemon that learns an egg move(not nessary) and the has the appropriate nature and try to pass down the secoundary IV by good luck(the pokemon with the secoundary IV should have the correct nature and any egg moves you want to pass down along with a everstone to pass down the nature.)