PDA

View Full Version : Having a Tourney with Friends

Scathx
11th May 2012, 1:55 AM
This team is mainly made up of Pokemon from the OU Tier but that's not really important for the reason of this team. Me and a few friends are having a Tourney later this summer and I want to at least make it past the first couple rounds. So, I would really like some help with this team that I plan on using.

Azelf @Light Clay
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Special Defence / 252 Speed
Nature: Jolly
Moves:
- Reflect
- Light Screen
- Explosion
- Stealth Rock

Azelf is my lead and his main purpose is to set up Stealth Rocks. If he were to survive another round I would have him set up Reflect and/or Light Screen. But, if I know he won't survive anymore rounds I would immediately have him use Explosion.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Lucario @Life Orb
Ability: Inner Focus
Nature: Jolly
EVs: 252 Attack / 4 Special Defence / 252 Speed
Moves:
- Sword Dance
- Close Combat
- ExtremeSpeed
- Bullet Punch

Lucario is my Physical Sweeper I would use Sword Dance to increase his Attack Stat. Close Combat and Bullet Punch are there for Stab and ExtremeSpeed to do a quick Knock out if needed.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Gengar @Choice Specs
Ability: Levitate
Nature: Timid
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Special Attack / 252 Speed
Moves:
- Shadow Ball
- Focus Blast
- Thunderbolt
- Sludge Bomb

Gengar is my Special Sweeper. Shadow Ball is my main attack that I would use against most opponents. Focus Blast to take are of those who are immune or not weak to Ghost Types. And then Thunderbolt and Sludge Bomb are there for fill ins.
Infernape @Choice Scarf
Ability: Blaze
Nature: Hasty
EVs: 252 Attack / 64 Special Attack / 192 Speed
Moves:
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge
- Overheat
- Earthquake

Infernape is my Physically Based Mixed Sweeper. Close Combat and Overheat are there for Stab. Stone Edge I'd use to take care of one of his weakness, Flying Types. And then, Earthquake is there because I need a Ground type move.
Scizor @Choice Band
Ability: Technician
Nature: Adamant
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Attack / 8 Speed
Moves:
- U-Turn
- Bullet Punch
- Superpower
- Pursuit

Scizor is my Revenge Killer. U-Turn and Bullet Punch for Stab. Superpower is there for well power. And then Pursuit because I need a Dark type move. And with the Technician Ability three of these attacks are boosted and even more with the Choice Band
Vaporeon @Leftovers
Ability: Water Absorb
Nature: Modest
EVs: 212 Defence / 252 Special Attack / 44 Speed
Moves:
- Surf
- Ice Beam
- Wish
- Toxic

Vaporeon is here mainly as a fill in and someone to use Water and Ice Type attacks. So there isn't much to say except that Surf and Ice Beam are there because I need those to attack types. Wish is there for healing purposes and Toxic is there for some extra damage.

Now that's the team I would like to use and I am open to any ideas to help improve it.