PDA

View Full Version : Who's completed their Dex?

Blazikener
11th May 2012, 1:58 AM
Finally evolved my Woobat into a Swoobat!
I'm one Snivy egg hatch and evolution away from a full Unova Dex (need Servine).
Have you completed your Regional/National Dex?

TheEliteEmpoleon
11th May 2012, 3:07 AM
I almost have the Unova Dex, but I'm far from completing the National Dex...

xXdArKvOidXx
11th May 2012, 3:08 AM
Just about done too.

TeamRocketGrunt
11th May 2012, 3:19 AM
Regional=Yes Unova, National XC no

G50
11th May 2012, 3:26 AM
Took a very long time, but I was able to complete the National Pokedex. Aside from the 3 event Pokemon however.

Drummerdude
11th May 2012, 3:36 AM
I've completed my Regional Pokedex but I am no where close on the National Pokedex. Maybe I'll try to do that this summer or something.

AwesomeReshiram93
11th May 2012, 3:42 AM
Well i'm trying to complete the National Dex and i'm doing pretty well...expecting to be finished before the year ends :)

Archangel Armada
11th May 2012, 3:52 AM
Comleted it all a long time ago on my Pokemon Black Version :P now I need to do White D:

Blazikener
11th May 2012, 4:57 AM
I finished it at the same time my Tyranitar hit level 100! :D
Double whammy!

Seles
11th May 2012, 10:57 PM
National-nope
Regional-pretty darn close.

Kalosian
11th May 2012, 11:05 PM
I completed the Unova Dex and the National Dex on both Black and White. I felt that it went much faster than I had expected due to the improved experience system this generation.

EmeraldPhoenix
12th May 2012, 2:32 AM
I actually went and completed the Unova dex on my White recently... and TECHNICALLY, I've captured at least one of every pokemon that's been released in my region, so 646/649, but that's between my Pearl and my White. XD 493 in Pearl, just haven't transferred most of them over.

Mavm
12th May 2012, 2:57 AM
yes, i do... i was difficult especially the legendaries and some pokemon in 2 and 3 gen.

TheBluePorygon
12th May 2012, 3:37 AM
Yeah I finished the Unova Dex but the National? Oh no no no

☭Secret_Shocker☭
12th May 2012, 9:53 AM
Yes I did. Regional and National. It's like, hecka tough.

Pokemonpal7
13th May 2012, 7:29 PM
I'm a Meloetta, Genesect and Keldeo away from completion of the Unova dex.

Lorde
13th May 2012, 7:35 PM
I've completed both Pokedexes on my main Black version. It actually took less time than I thought it would. The last Pokemon that I needed for the National Dex was Arceus, but I was easily able to transfer it over from HG.

ShadowRaikou
13th May 2012, 7:51 PM
Have completed the first gen pokedex before & completed the UnovaDex. Never completed the NationalDex though. XD

Räven
14th May 2012, 1:18 AM
I completed the National Pokedex and caught every pokemon.

Torpoleon
14th May 2012, 1:29 AM
Completed both the Regional & National a while ago. Dunno the exact day I finished the Regional (though it was definitely before the National), but I know I finished the National on July 12, 2011. Of course this doesn't count Keldeo, Meloetta & Genesect.

aguilas_hhh
14th May 2012, 1:30 AM
I used to trade in the GTS Negotation... but I have 649 Pokémon in my Black...

ForeverFlame
14th May 2012, 1:56 AM
I'm about 100 away. It's a bit tricky though. I evolved all of my Pokemon in Diamond, so now I have to breed them all to get their pre-evolutions.

ILoveShroomish
14th May 2012, 2:08 AM
I'll probably never be able to complete my national dex because I won't be able to get Deoxys, Phione, and Manaphy. I'm still confused on whether Kyogre, Groudon, and Rayquaza are event only. Plus I still need the event ones for Black and white.

Fincap
14th May 2012, 9:15 AM
I've seen 134 in Unova, and only cuaght 33 :D Nationally, I've seen 204 and caught 53.

My goal is to see each Unova pokemon and catch every Unova legendary before June 23rd.

(ˇ-ˇ)(o_O)
14th May 2012, 10:02 AM
All I need are regular pokemon all my legendaries are complete even the events so I think I can finish it in a week

cupofchuck
16th May 2012, 3:36 PM
I'm working on my Unova dex and I had a question. I have been trading for pokes on the GTS but it does not allow me to "seek" pokes that I have not seen. I play black and that makes is hard to see the pokes from white. I have the starters and the regular pokes, but I can't trade for Thundurus (and therefore Landorus). I also can't see any of the national pokes in GTS unless I have seen them in combat.

Do you know how I can face Thundurus or Victini in combat so that I can request a trade for them in GTS?

Also, do you know if I face national pokes on the battle subway do they show up in your dex?

Thanks,
Chuck

Shiny Arcanine Trainer
16th May 2012, 3:57 PM
I'm working on my Unova dex and I had a question. I have been trading for pokes on the GTS but it does not allow me to "seek" pokes that I have not seen. I play black and that makes is hard to see the pokes from white. I have the starters and the regular pokes, but I can't trade for Thundurus (and therefore Landorus). I also can't see any of the national pokes in GTS unless I have seen them in combat.

Do you know how I can face Thundurus or Victini in combat so that I can request a trade for them in GTS?

Also, do you know if I face national pokes on the battle subway do they show up in your dex?

Thanks,
Chuck

as far as Thundurus/Tornadus is concerned, if i remember correctly when you got the Abundant Shrine where Landorus is you get shown the one you don't have so you can get him over GTS. & the only Unova Pokémon you won't be able to see anywhere in the game that's not in yours is Rufflet/Vullaby. you'll just have to get lucky over GTS Negotiations or trade through the forums here. Same goes for National Dex ones that you haven't seen.

Victini can only be unlocked in-game through an item that was given away ages ago, you'll just have to get it in a trade.

& no, Battle Subway/Institute Pokémon don't count in your Dex. first time i saw a Cresselia in the Institute i got excited but i checked, & it's not recorded.

completed my Unova Dex finally 2-3 days ago but only got my Diploma yesterday, considering i only got the game exactly a month ago i'm rather proud of myself. i'm only 110 away from completing the National Dex too. the trade forums here are excellent, i've gotten every legendary bar Manaphy through it, & much more. i'm hoping to have it completed by the end of month, or at least a few away from it.

1quacka1
16th May 2012, 4:01 PM

Thanks,
Chuck

You can only look for pokes you've seen, there's no way to see Thundurus or Victini in Black (unless you have the liberty pass, which I'm guessing you missed). You could try GTS-negotiations, but you're probably better off heading over to the trade forums either here or on other pokemon message boards.

Subway pokes don't show up in your dex

The Eleventh
16th May 2012, 4:24 PM
I finished the National Dex several months ago. It's not exactly difficult if you own previous games.

Serebii!
18th May 2012, 7:45 AM
I haven't even completed the game but when I do I plan on completing the Pokedex, I try to in all my Pokemon games

ShinyMienshao
23rd May 2012, 5:49 PM
Literally 3/4 done the national dex.

Sietse23
23rd May 2012, 9:04 PM
I don't really care about dex filling but I almost got the Unova dex comlete.

The Nemesis
24th May 2012, 5:06 AM
Finally completed mine last week. I don't "own" all the pokemon as I just got a few of the harder-to-find legendaries (Deoxys, Shaymin, Celebi, Mew) traded to me briefly from other people then traded them right back to their original owners. But it counts in the dex, so I'm going to be proud of my irrelevant achievement. Now it's just a wait for the last 3 B/W legendaries that haven't been released yet.

lifeseber
24th May 2012, 5:45 AM
regional dex, yes. and i don't just have the evolved forms of pokemon i physically have them all in my box hehe. and in order lol as for the national dex i only have 1st and 5th gen complete

Regiultima
24th May 2012, 6:44 AM
Unova Dex= Yes (excluding Keldeo, Meloetta,and Genesect)
National Dex B/W= No
National Dex HG= Yes

Technically I have completed it, I'm just too lazy to finish it on B/W.

Absoltastic
24th May 2012, 7:19 AM
I completed the Unova Dex last July, and I have the other 493 all crammed onto my Heart Gold version, but I don't necessarily feel motivated enough yet to complete the national dex on Black. I guess that counts as collectively having the national dex at the moment.

RAGD0LL
25th May 2012, 4:23 PM
Me. It didn't take too long. I stole my brother's DS and transferred most of em. And traded non stop for about a week. It's a pretty sight to scroll through :P

Thunder09
26th May 2012, 7:53 AM
I've done the Unova Pokedex. Now I have to complete the National Pokedex.

iMillenium
27th May 2012, 1:21 AM
Regional-almost
Just landorus, the white version genie, volcaronna and evolutions and rufflet and family...

Shadow XD001
27th May 2012, 2:22 AM
Close in the Unova Dex, not too close in the National Dex.

Phoopes
27th May 2012, 2:32 AM
I completed the National Dex a few months ago, after finally getting Celebi via a trade with one of my friends. I had always thought there would be more of a reward for completing the National Pokedex, but oh well.

EDIT: To clarify, I meant the reward thing in HG/SS. Because I only have the 646 that are legally available in White.

Dragalge
1st June 2012, 12:51 AM
Cleared mines 6 months ago back in late 2011

Trinatar
2nd June 2012, 10:05 PM
I've completed the Unova dex. WOO. YAY FOR FEELING ACCOMPLISHED.

Crimson Penguin
2nd June 2012, 10:34 PM
Completed my Unova Dex a few months ago, when I finally got a Water Stone to evolve my Panpour into Simipour.

And as you can tell from my signature, I only have 99 Pokemon to go to complete the National Dex. I'm trying to get all the ones that are legitimately available through Dream World, White Forest, etc. first before I begin transferring from 4th gen.

I've also finished the National Dex on Sapphire and Diamond, so that's a plus. : )

Dancing Togekiss
2nd June 2012, 11:05 PM
I have comepleted my unova dex and I am almost finished my national dex. I currently have 626/646. I only need 20 pokemon until I'm finished. Too bad they're all legendaries so ther're hard to get hold of.

MrLance228
19th June 2013, 6:44 PM
Just finished my national dex yesterday got the shiny charm and know I look forward to going through grass ^^

Hozu
21st June 2013, 8:54 PM
National dex completed in both my B1 and B2 games, with all possible shiny Pokémon.

ebevan91
21st June 2013, 9:07 PM
I completed mine sometime last year then like an idiot I restarted my game shortly after.

But now I'm working on White 2. Just started though. I still have like 500+ to go.

Shadow Caster
22nd June 2013, 12:20 AM
Anyone here actually, and legitimately completed their National Pokedex, as in, they have a legit Arceus, Mew, Darkrai, Manaphy, Victini, Genesect, Meloetta, Jirachi, Celebi, Shaymin, Keldeo, and Deoxys?

Pretty unlikely.

SoulMuse
22nd June 2013, 12:33 AM
I think I am really close on the Unova dex, and about half to two thirds done with the National dex. Probably next time I devote two or three weeks to my Black 2 I will just finish both outright.

flyscorpio
22nd June 2013, 3:11 AM
I completed my National Dex in Black 2 some time ago thanks in part to my HeartGold's completed National Dex and all the free time on my hands. Good job, team.

Maxi
22nd June 2013, 6:21 PM
Seen 536 on the National on Black2, gonna be a challenge consider I don't own the older games so the older legends will be hard to get.

☭Azimuth_055☣
24th June 2013, 10:31 AM
I have 613 seen and caught in my Pokémon White Version. I'm too lazy to do the rest.

Canada
26th June 2013, 10:43 PM
I've completed my dex a few times, but I recently restarted the game and haven't touched in it months, so it's not completed this time around.

I'm too lazy to do the rest.

More like you're not lazy enough to do the rest.

Uncle_Terra
27th June 2013, 12:18 AM
Black was actually the first game I completed the National Dex in. Felt pretty good, but I don't think I'll be doing it in my White 2 game. Way too much work. >_>

*PKMN Trainer Paddy*
4th July 2013, 6:03 PM
Well... I have complete the regional dex without much hassle (had to breed the odd pokemon and trade for version exclusives). As for the national dex, i have actually got it quite well filled with 598 pokemon seen.

Arceusgamer14
4th July 2013, 7:53 PM
I'm still working on that in White 2 so I could get Easy Shinies!

Redphienix
6th July 2013, 10:56 AM
I finished my National Dex for Black fairly quickly (had to start from scratch with no trade ups ;3; )

Was finished "6th June 2011"

But I also no-lifed the absolute cake out of it and made that all I was doing. So I don't mean that as in 'you're taking too long' I just mean 'I did it'

Was fun :3

Mr. L 500
6th July 2013, 7:38 PM
I got a game pretty late into this generation, so I haven't (and it doesn't look like I will) finish the National Dex in any of the Gen. V games. I'm pretty close to finishing the regional one, however.

I'm getting Pokemon Y on opening day, and I have my sights set on completing my National Dex!

xenard
7th July 2013, 4:25 AM
I need roughly 20 more pokemon to complete the National Dex. After I finish transferring the rest from Soul Silver tonight I should be finished

kyle72686
7th July 2013, 6:11 AM
I'm currently on a pokedex quest. I haven't completed the national pokedex since gen 3, although I was very close in Platinum. My goal is to finish before October 12th.

Just completed the Kanto Dex today. I've got a few trades to make and a couple pokemon to evolve to make sure both FireRed and LeafGreen have all 150, but together they have the full pokedex.

Hoenn and Kanto down, Sinnoh is next.

PopPrincess_Lyra
11th July 2013, 11:27 AM
Yel. Sknce most were in my White game, i just strated back and forth. A friend traded me loads so yeah xD nya~

Zoruagible
15th August 2013, 7:28 PM
I'm a little over a hundred away from finishing it

Golduck Is Cool
15th August 2013, 8:04 PM
Own 610, seen 614. Still need the legendary guys you can't get in the regular games like Mew. Just need the Generation III starters and Skitty.

Nibbles4Ever
15th August 2013, 8:08 PM
I'm pretty sure I caught every pokemon except a couple event legendaries that I couldn't get.

SapphireL
23rd August 2013, 9:54 AM
I just completed the National Dex on my White version a few weeks ago, actually. The last Pokemon I needed was Exploud! I spent a week or two just breeding, catching, and transferring Pokemon over from my other games onto White. I have all 649! The last (and only other) time I completed the Pokedex was back in Gold version.

oarfish
23rd August 2013, 3:37 PM
I completed my black 2 national dex a few months ago. My last few were poochyena and gulpin. ( I got several gulpin, including some females/dwf not long after that ).
I just want to say congratulations to everyone in this thread, and well, to everyone in general who has completed this monumental task.
I have the first of every pokemon evolution line boxed, along with several evolutions there better be gen VI transferring just in case there is gen VI transferring (see my signature). I can also help people with completing their dexes, seeing as I have access to most gen IV and gen V games.

I just wish that, well to quote myself in the XY forum...."I completed the national dex and all I got was this pathetic plaque."
I wish that in gen VI we get something of actual value for completing the regional/national dexes. Whether it be a legendary or something like that for he regional dex, or a special-wait a minute....-remembers shiny charm-.....darn. I forgot about that in the XY forum....oh well :P.
But really, something that guarantees something to happen/a gift/pokemon that is useful would be nice for such a great achievement in future games. Especially considering that we will have WELL over 700 pokemon to catch..........Which is why I have prepared, but if we do not have transferring....then how....? Just how....? Well, you get my point here :).

Overall, I would just like to congratulate everyone again, and say that I can still help with certain others.
And to all those who are still trying to complete their national dexes, I have some tips:
I went for the harder ones first, i.e. starters/legendaries (especially events. I know that they are not really needed for the shiny charm, but it is nice to have them).
Go to the trade forums here. They were REALLY useful for me. As was the serebii chat ( although it does not work on my new computer....:( ).
Try the GTS. I know that it is full off level 9 and under legendaries, but OCCASIONALLY you will find a rare jewel of a good trade. Also, try GTS negotiations. I got most of my starters/many of my legendaries from this. It is more reliable that people think (or I must have just been lucky).
Try to set daily/weekly goals. This is a good way to motivate yourselves.
Try to complete the different generations' dexes by themselves at first. This helps to break up the big, overall task.

Now I must be going to class in a few mintues. I may come back later and add more to this post.

Good luck everyone, and congratulations!

Ace Of Keys
23rd August 2013, 3:41 PM
I completed my White 2, until I lost my DS on the bus. With the game in it. Now I'm starting over

Venusaur Master
23rd August 2013, 4:04 PM
I've completed the dex a few times. In Diamond, White, White 2. Its always great when you realise you're on your last batch of eggs to get pre-evolutions :D

Cassafrass1999
24th August 2013, 10:01 PM
I am nowhere near being done with my Dex lol... not sure if I am almost done with the Regional Dex (probably getting kinda close, but I should check lol), but I am nowhere even near to being done with the National Dex lol! XD

SmartD
25th August 2013, 2:53 PM
I have all the dex entries in my White game.

Earendil
29th August 2013, 2:25 PM
I finished the Pokedex in my White pretty recently, on August 12th, so it took me about 2 1/2 years.

Royal_Qeca
29th August 2013, 7:01 PM
I finished mine when I got the last event Pokémon (Deoxys). It something really exciting to think about all those 649!

grovyle1997
29th August 2013, 7:13 PM
I tried, but I gave up after collecting all the Gen I and Gen II pokemon. It's just too much work.

Darkendra
29th August 2013, 7:36 PM
I have all 649 Pokemon in my Pokedex on both my Pokemon White and my Pokemon Black 2.
It helps if you had previous games such as D/P/PT or HG/SS to help out with that.

Cloneydew2000
29th August 2013, 7:41 PM
Got a while to go, but Im determined.

alexfirefist6
2nd September 2013, 2:19 AM
finished mine ;) took a long time but i finally got my shiny charm :)

AmbipomMaster
2nd September 2013, 2:22 AM
Finished mine! Unfortunately, I got Mew, Celebi, Jirachi, Shaymin, Arceus, and Manaphy through illegitimate means. However, I plan on replacing them as soon as I get a chance to get legit ones :D

davidn86
14th September 2013, 6:18 PM
almost completed mine just need celebi and meloetta

SoulOfSilver
14th September 2013, 8:36 PM
Almost there! Just need Manaphy, Arceus and Darkrai. Looking for trade backs if anyone is willing to help! :)

tomatohater
14th September 2013, 8:37 PM
Just a few Legendaries to go! Mew, Celebi, Phione/Manaphy, Shaymin and Meloetta are the ones I need! *Cough* Would happily trade for them *Cough*

pikkichu
14th September 2013, 8:50 PM
I completed mine :) havent put it to good use only got shiny mareep and too lazy to hunt any more

Willing to help any one complete their dex, I'm super easy to trade with, I'm breeding all 4 generations of pokemon for someone and its only costing them a shiny maractus and shiny black tower gible and a couple pp max, will help anyone no matter how many pokemon you need, if it has pink in its shiny sprite, or if its a nice purple or blue or a good coloration at all and legit is good enough for me :) would prefer 2 shinies minimum to keep my iinterest unless its a pokemonn in my shiny want list in my sig will easily do it for one of them, can breed almost all pokemon in about a day or two depending on the day of the week(have college tues-thurs) so pm me and we can work a deal!! :)

If its a rreally small amount of pokemon will help for pp max

PKMN Trainer Tee
25th September 2013, 7:29 PM
I completed mine 3 days ago. :-)
I was so determined to get the shiny charm before the release of X and Y so I wouldn't lose focus. It was well worth it and saw that it worked like....a charm.
I got my shiny Shinx yesterday after 138 eggs and roughly 4 1/2 hours.

Xyllerion
26th September 2013, 1:26 PM
I completed mine yesterday! Wooooo!
649/649
They are all ready for transfer.

deoxysdude94
26th September 2013, 2:39 PM
I did in Black. I've been too lazy to do it in Black 2, though.

Believe In The Shield
26th September 2013, 9:00 PM
Pokémon W2 I completed back in February! (transferred a load of Pokémon from Platinum) xD

KantoPkmnMaster
26th September 2013, 9:03 PM
I've completed the dex every generation :) Been a while since i completed it on White 2, and i can't wait to tackle the kalos dex.

Phoenix6000
27th September 2013, 2:05 AM
Completed mine on Black 2 back in the spring.

Sephora
27th September 2013, 3:16 AM
I completed the National Dex the first time in Platinum, then I kept switching over my pokemon into later games. Now I have all 649 pokemon in my White game :)
It took me forever too, since most of them were caught and raised all on my own.

Mew The Gato
27th September 2013, 6:34 PM
I have seen all the Pokemon in the Regional Dex, but not caught them, quite yet. The Regional Dex is close to being completed, though.

Mr. Spock
27th September 2013, 6:52 PM
.................No, I have not XD

Dew Watatsumi
27th September 2013, 7:36 PM
I completed my pokédex for black 2 a few months back. And all I can say is...

SUCK IT ASH! I'VE CAUGHT THEM ALL! (Well...before X/Y)

Sir.M
28th September 2013, 12:07 AM
I've got quite the ways to go before I complete my National dex.
It's a shame that so many of the older transfer options from game to game used to be so ridiculous, because it's a real bother sending over hundreds of pokemon by minigames.
But I'm only 3 entries away from clearing my Unova dex.
Can't wait to tackle the Kalos-dex.

Edit: Well ain't this a good time reference? I've now managed to make it to the point where I'm only missing 9 dex entries in total to complete my national dex.
I just hope that it won't be another three years until the next Deoxys event.. that'd be a real shame, considering it's the only wifi event pokemon that I'm still missing.
I wonder when Meloetta is going to get herself a event that is not based on location aswell.

Zugov
28th September 2013, 6:15 AM
I've completed the Unova pokedex, still need to see 23 for the national one though. If anyone can help me with trade backs I'd be grateful, just need to see:

Articuno, Zapdos, Moltres, Mew, Mewtwo, Raikou, Entei, Suicine, Celebi, Regice, Regigigas (though if I could borrow a Regice to go get my own it'd be nice), Latias, Kyogre, Groudon, Rayquaza, Jirachi, Phione, Manaphy, Darkrai and Shaymin.

Miss-Bashful
28th September 2013, 6:36 AM
Yep, completed my National Dex a while ago. =D All set and ready for X and Y~

Neinteen91
8th October 2013, 7:00 AM
EDIT: Completely finished the Unova dex and am up to 625 Pokemon.

Wolfless
8th October 2013, 7:14 AM
I completed the Unova dex on my White 2. Now time for the National dex.

Aquarelle
8th October 2013, 8:53 AM
I completed the National Dex on my White about a year ago.

I probably won't complete the Pokedex on Black, though, since I plan to restart that game eventually.

Kamek1
8th October 2013, 1:43 PM
Other than Shaymin, Mew, and Melotta my black dex is complete. I haven't and probally won't try on my black 2