PDA

View Full Version : Sppf's Linkin Park Fanclub

Pages : [1] 2

S:C
14th March 2005, 1:33 AM
This Club was approved by Raging Dragon, formerly known as Shadowfaith.

Club Rules:

How to join:
Read the rules first. You'll learn there.

Rules:
General forum rules apply here.

Penalties:
In the case that any of the aformentioned rules are violated, I will give you a warning the first two times. In the case that the rules are violated a third time, a loss of membership will ensue.

Memberships:
In order to join, jump on in the discussion.

Positions:
S:C: Chairman
Shadow_Umbreon: Elite member
Black Widow: Member
charizard trainer #1: Member
~May~: Member
cornstarch: Member
Shadow_Fox: Member
Dark Fire: Member
Rayquaza942: Member
Black Blaze: Member
SlimShady: Member
Icy_Mew: Member
creepy_kecleon: Member
fighting_master: Member
BlAcKyBoI: Member
Haze: Member
NeoCrisis873: Member

Shadow_Umbreon
14th March 2005, 4:18 AM
Okay, so now I'm a member! Yay! Now moving on... even though I only have like... one CD of Linkin Park... which is really, really sad... I still consider them my favorite band. I don't consider myself one of the bigest fans since I only have one CD, but I really like them anyway from the sound of their music. I blame my friends Tammy and Shirley for getting me addicted. One day they put on some music and I'm all like, 'Woah, these guys are great! Who are they?' Then they exploded on me screaming, 'WHAT? You don't know who these guys are? They're Linkin Park you idiot! The only band that's actually worth listening to!' So I bought a CD and really loved... but I can only buy a CD once I get enough money for it, which is usually a while since my parents can't really pay me since they don't have the money most of the time.

So that's my sad little story XD
Spamming isn't allowed here right (like it is everywhere)? What isn't considered spamming here? Two to three sentences or more?

15th March 2005, 3:01 AM
Now moving on... even though I only have like... one CD of Linkin Park... which is really, really sad... I still consider them my favorite band.
Which CD do you have? I'm guessing that you have Hybrid Theory.

I blame my friends Tammy and Shirley for getting me addicted. One day they put on some music and I'm all like, 'Woah, these guys are great! Who are they?' Then they exploded on me screaming, 'WHAT? You don't know who these guys are? They're Linkin Park you idiot! The only band that's actually worth listening to!'
That sounds a little consoling, considering that nobody I know in real life likes LP.

Spamming isn't allowed here right (like it is everywhere)? What isn't considered spamming here? Two to three sentences or more?
Spam is anything incoherent. All that it does is clog up the server with unneeded posts.

Shadow_Umbreon
15th March 2005, 3:24 AM
Which CD do you have? I'm guessing that you have Hybrid Theory.

No, I have Live in Texas which is supposed to be a DVD, but have you ever tried to find a CD in Wal Mart? It's evil! Everything is scattered I swear... the only CD I could find was Live in Texas, and beleive me. It was hard enough to find at least one CD of Linkin Park, so I gave up and just bought that one ._.; Shame on me XD

15th March 2005, 4:26 AM
No, I have Live in Texas which is supposed to be a DVD, but have you ever tried to find a CD in Wal Mart? It's evil! Everything is scattered I swear... the only CD I could find was Live in Texas, and beleive me. It was hard enough to find at least one CD of Linkin Park, so I gave up and just bought that one ._.; Shame on me XD
Live In Texas wasn't that bad. The only reason I don't have it is because I already had all the songs that are on it, except for a few. All of the Wal-Marts where I live aren't disorganized at all. I actually found all of the Linkin Park CDs ever released to the general public there, except for Live in Texas. That's a bit of a coincidence. The LP CDs I own, by the way, are: Hybrid Theory, Meteora, and Reanimation. Collision Course didn't have any appeal to it at all.

Shadow_Umbreon
15th March 2005, 5:00 AM
Lucky, lucky you having that kind of Wal Mart XD
I'll probably get Hybrid Theory next since it seems like something worth listening to, so I'll get that...

16th March 2005, 3:42 AM
I'll probably get Hybrid Theory next since it seems like something worth listening to, so I'll get that...
I would strongly advise you to do so. Hybrid Theory, in my opinion, is easily the main reason why LP is even recognized. I'm not quite sure which song I like most on that album, but "Pushing Me Away" and "Papercut" were great songs.

Shadow_Umbreon
16th March 2005, 4:01 AM
I would strongly advise you to do so. Hybrid Theory, in my opinion, is easily the main reason why LP is even recognized. I'm not quite sure which song I like most on that album, but "Pushing Me Away" and "Papercut" were great songs.

"Papercut", even though it sounds different on Live in Texas, is one of my favorite songs... along with "Faint"... in fact, it's really hard to choose a favorite song XD

Black Widow
18th March 2005, 3:23 AM
Hey, I geuss I am Member #3. ^_^
Well, I have bought every Linkin Park CD other than the singles. I have some of the singles, but only for certain bonus tracks such as High Voltage, Step-up, and Carousel.
And to state my opinion, anyone who labels Linkin Park as "screaming kids" is completely ignorant of any of LPs lyrics. yeah, they scream, but at least they actually scream [I]words[I] unlike many other groups today. Thank you.
Finis.

Shadow_Umbreon
18th March 2005, 11:03 PM
Welcome, Black Widow... I hope you enjoy your stay :)

I agree, I don't think Linkin Park should be labeled as 'Screaming Kids'... so whoever says that gets shot XD I'm kidding...

Black Widow
19th March 2005, 12:33 AM
Thank you.
In humanities class, a little while ago, our teacher asked what our favourite band was. Of course I said Linkin Park, and he said: "Gee, doesn't all that screaming hurt your ears?"
And I almost said: "Yeah, but not as much as your face is getting ready to be."
But I stopped myself in time.....
Have any of you been to a LP concert? They're amazing, and they sound way better in person than any of their recorded live songs.
(But they sound good to. XD)

Shadow_Umbreon
19th March 2005, 12:44 AM
Thank you.
In humanities class, a little while ago, our teacher asked what our favourite band was. Of course I said Linkin Park, and he said: "Gee, doesn't all that screaming hurt your ears?"
Have any of you been to a LP concert? They're amazing, and they sound way better in person than any of their recorded live songs.
(But they sound good to. XD)

They don't scream THAT much (at least I don't think O_o) Yeah, you should have punched him! But taht would get you in trouble, so never mind XD

No I've never been to a LP concert, but my friends have... I feel so left out in the world... XD

Dawg 2005
19th March 2005, 12:58 AM
Can I join? I love the music! I have all the cd's except Collision Corse. I lost Meteora though...I love Meteora the bestest! So...huzzah!

19th March 2005, 2:22 AM
No I've never been to a LP concert, but my friends have... I feel so left out in the world... XD
You're not alone in having not attended an LP concert. However, I have heard the live version of "Step Up."

And to state my opinion, anyone who labels Linkin Park as "screaming kids" is completely ignorant of any of LPs lyrics.
Compared to a bunch of other bands I can name right off the top of my head, Linkin Park doesn't scream a lot. I completely agree with your stance, as LP doesn't waste time by screaming lyrics instead of nothing.

I laughed when I first read that post. That reminds of what happened in Science once when someone said "Linkin Park is a bad band, man." I just responded to that by saying: "That would describe [I mentoned a band name here that I won't disclose], not Linkin Park." It was a little resounding to hear everybody around me say "You gat served!"

Can I join? I love the music! I have all the cd's except Collision Corse. I lost Meteora though...I love Meteora the bestest! So...huzzah!
This isn't a warning, but please read the rules before posting here. You'll know why I told you to.

Black Widow
19th March 2005, 3:41 AM
You're not alone in having not attended an LP concert. However, I have heard the live version of "Step Up."

lol. I have also, I have it on a single, and they played it at the concert I went to.
Hrm...lets see...they played:
Hybrid Theory (except track 11)
Meteora (except "session)
High voltage
Step Up
My December
And they got the lead singers from P.O.D, Story if the Year, and Hoobastank to come sing along to "One Step Closer". It was amazing, just to be in the same room as Mike Shinoda. lol. (my name on Runescape in Shinoda9999)
I didn't like Collision Course all that much. Jay-Z sounds good by himself, and LP sounds good by themselves, but together.....meh......

Shadow_Umbreon
19th March 2005, 3:50 AM
I've heard a little bit of Collision Course from Shirley... I never really liked remixes and stuff like that, since they sound all weird to me...

charizard trainer #1
19th March 2005, 5:01 AM
Can i join?
Linkin Park is my favourite band and seriously i still love their songs after two years, maybe three. With other bands the music comes and goes with me but Linkin Park, i could listen to it any time and anywhere. Their the only band in the world who sound better live than on the cd.
FAV. SONG: Between Numb, Crawling (hybrid theory) and Points of authority (on reanimation).

Shadow_Umbreon
19th March 2005, 6:21 AM
Dude, doesn't anybody read the rules around here? Please read the rules :(

Black Widow
19th March 2005, 5:06 PM
Yes, please read the rules.
I loved reanimation, but I just didn't seem into Collision Course that much....

Shadow_Umbreon
19th March 2005, 6:39 PM
Hm, I want to see the reanimation now... XD

Black Widow
19th March 2005, 10:45 PM
Since their is no uncut version available currently, you may want to get it at Wal-Mart if you can find it. My Wal-Mart is really disorganized also. Lazy bums.

Shadow_Umbreon
20th March 2005, 12:08 AM
Since their is no uncut version available currently, you may want to get it at Wal-Mart if you can find it. My Wal-Mart is really disorganized also. Lazy bums.

LOL, I swear... there's very few Wal-Marts that are organized. And that goes for other stores too XD

21st March 2005, 1:05 AM
My Wal-Mart is really disorganized also. Lazy bums.

LOL, I swear... there's very few Wal-Marts that are organized. And that goes for other stores too XD
Colorado must be a very organized state, if unorganized stores are typical where you guys live. I can't recall ever going to an unorganized store in the state, whether it was a chain or not.

NEWS 3/20/05:

Today is the birthday of lead singer Chester Bennington. He turns 29 today, which means he was born in 1976. Have a happy birthday, Chester!

DJ Joseph Hahn, who's birthday we missed five days ago, is now 28 years old. Happy (albeit late) birthday, Joseph!

Emcee Mike Shinoda recently confirmed on MTV that he was planning on releasing what the LP Association called a "rock-free" album in the near future. He had also announced that he will be having guest appearances on his album, in a way similar to the invitations of Reanimation.

In a very creepy related story, serial killer Paul White, who had previously confessed to six different counts of murder in Denver (!), spoke to CBS from jail, claiming that Linkin Park and Metallica "influenced him to kill," although he brought up a conflict of interest during the same interview.

Go ahead and tell me what you guys think of the news.

Black Widow
21st March 2005, 5:11 AM
Colorado must be a very organized state, if unorganized stores are typical where you guys live. I can't recall ever going to an unorganized store in the state, whether it was a chain or not.

NEWS 3/20/05:

Today is the birthday of lead singer Chester Bennington. He turns 29 today, which means he was born in 1976. Have a happy birthday, Chester!

DJ Joseph Hahn, who's birthday we missed five days ago, is now 28 years old. Happy (albeit late) birthday, Joseph!

Emcee Mike Shinoda recently confirmed on MTV that he was planning on releasing what the LP Association called a "rock-free" album in the near future. He had also announced that he will be having guest appearances on his album, in a way similar to the invitations of Reanimation.

In a very creepy related story, serial killer Paul White, who had previously confessed to six different counts of murder in Denver (!), spoke to CBS from jail, claiming that Linkin Park and Metallica "influenced him to kill," although he brought up a conflict of interest during the same interview.

1.Remeber, I live in Kentucky
2.Happy birthday Chester and Mr. Hahn!!
3.I am getting that CD the day it comes out, like Metora!
4.Um, Linkin Park has nothing in their lyrics that is violent. I can't say say the same for Metallica, though they too, are a very talented band.
EDIT: How do you guys like my new banner?

Shadow_Umbreon
23rd March 2005, 3:57 AM

NEWS 3/20/05:

Woah... I live!! It's amazing!!

Well I like it, I could learn something besides the 'useless' information at
school XD

Edit: I'm going to steal your banner now, okay? XD

Black Widow
26th March 2005, 2:15 AM
You can have it. I already swithed em. XD
If you want, I'll send you a link via PM.
But LP made it themselves, so you might want to give credit to them to keep them from sueing or ranting. ;202; "Give credit!"
I doubt LP would sue a fan for advertising for free. :D

Shadow_Umbreon
26th March 2005, 3:12 AM
WOAH, someone posted!! Amazing...

That's okay, since I asked my buddy Shadow_Fox if she would make a LP/Green Day banner for me... since those are my two favorite bands... with LP in the #1 slot XP

~May~
26th March 2005, 6:33 PM
May I ask your permission to Join this wonderful Club :)?

Shadow_Umbreon
26th March 2005, 6:50 PM
May I ask your permission to Join this wonderful Club :)?

How much I would love to let you join, you didn't read the rules. Please read the rules and ask S:C once you have done that...
Where IS S:C anyways? If only I could let members join besides ban them X_x

Anyways, Spring Break is here finally, and I have a ton of work to do... I may be, and I may not... but I'll try to be on here at least once a day. Also I get to preorder Emerald! Yay! Hali- Halij... I can't spell that word... But I have this thing called 'Young Authors' and it sucks. I have to write... a... a... POEM BOOK... I suck at poetry. Art is my thing, not poetry... I know I'm going to win the coldecott award, but I'm not going to win 3rd place on this one. I also have a tutorial to do for a person who just got Photoshop and doesn't know how to do anything on there X_x; But everyone has to start somewhere, I guess... so I can't say anything. And deviantArt is being a jerk again and it won't let me type one single journal entry. Actually, it's not deviantArt, it's my computer. Ever since I got that new virus scan... gah!

Um... that's all I have to say for now... so bye :)

~DU;197;

27th March 2005, 6:08 AM
How much I would love to let you join, you didn't read the rules. Please read the rules and ask S:C once you have done that...
Where IS S:C anyways? If only I could let members join besides ban them X_x
I wasn't here because of the migraine that kept me in bed the whole day. Anyways, if you have a question about your prioritites, just PM me with it...

Also I get to preorder Emerald! Yay!
Whupee, I'm not alone! I preordered it the last day I was on before now. Anyways, let's get back on topic:

NEWS 3/26/05:

Linkin Park's Collision Course track Numb/Encore has become a certified platinum track. Essentially this means that over 1,000,000 (One million) tracks have been legally purchased. Congrats to LP on getting here!

We all forgot, but yesterday marked the one-year anniversary of the release of Meteora. Below is a list of significant events leading up to the release of the album, gathered from the LP Association:

- The "Meteora" tour began in Febuary 2003.
- "Meteora" was released on 25 March 2003, debuting at the number one slot in fourteen countries while going on to sell well over 1,000,000 (One million) copies and counting worldwide. 830,000 (Eight-hundred thirty thousand) copies alone in the U.S. sold in the first week, which made it LP's first number one album.
- "Meteora" eventually became a certified triple-platinum in the U.S. in Octoer 2003, meaning that three tracks from the album sold over 1,000,000 (One million) tracks legally.
- "Meteora" was designated a quadruple-platinum one year after its release. (March 2004).
- The "Meteora" tour ended in September 2004.

Happy 2nd birthday to "Meteora!"

Shadow_Umbreon
27th March 2005, 10:51 PM
I wasn't here because of the migraine that kept me in bed the whole day.

Ick, sorry you had a migraine... I hate those... hope you feel better today than yesterday. I seem to have a habit of finding out where everyone is. I always have to know where my friend Daniel is... if he's gone that is...

Whupee, I'm not alone! I preordered it the last day I was on before now.

Whaa, I wish Emerald was comeing sooner than May 1 ;_; I can't wait to get it...

We all forgot, but yesterday marked the one-year anniversary of the release of Meteora.

Heh, my friends reminded me of that. So not all of us forgot XD Yay for Meteora O_o

Happy 2nd birthday to "Meteora!"

Yeah, that too lol... I'm might get Meteora or something after I get Hybrid Theory... and Emerald... X_x

29th March 2005, 1:32 AM
Well, charizard member #1 has just been accepted as the club's newest member. Why don't we all say "Hi." For those of you who already are members, I'm sorry I didn't think of this greeting system earlier. This club could also be seeing another member soon; Shadow_Fox has expressed interest in joining, as has ~May~.

Shadow_Umbreon
29th March 2005, 1:40 AM
Oh yay!! My friend Shadow_Fox gets to join :3 I'm so happy.
So hello Shadow_Fox, ~May~, Charizard Trainer #1 and Black Widow and yay that we don't have 2 members anymore^^

29th March 2005, 2:23 AM
I recently received news of a Linkin Park plan to go overseas to Europe and Asia on a tour by the name of Projekt Revolution.

So hello Shadow_Fox, ~May~, Charizard Member #1 and Black Widow and yay that we don't have 2 members anymore^^
Heh, I remember that. We just kept responding to each other's posts. Anyways, I'm not sure that charizard trainer #1 knows yet of his admission; he was offline when I sent him the PM verifying his status.

Shadow_Umbreon
29th March 2005, 2:41 AM
I recently received news of a Linkin Park plan to go overseas to Europe and Asia on a tour by the name of Projekt Revolution.

Viva La Revolution!!!

Ahem, sorry about that...the 'revolution' part reminded me of a comic I read... so yay that Linkin Park is doing something X_x; Can't really think of much to say here, can't you tell?

Heh, I remember that. We just kept responding to each other's posts. Anyways, I'm not sure that charizard trainer #1 knows yet of his admission; he was offline when I sent him the PM verifying his status.
Charizard Trainer will know soon enough... I think... O_o Lol, it was kind of fun responding to everyone's comments... at least it was something to do XD

I was at Wal-Mart and I say a Yu-Gi-Oh! card and it was Exodia (or however you spell that evil, evil name >>). I understand that it is a rare card, but holy crap! For one card it was 20 effing dollars... I don't know about you, but I'm not desperate enough to buy that card. I bet I could go on E-Bay and get it cheeper O_o; Or maybe not... but still, 20 dollars?

charizard trainer #1
29th March 2005, 11:11 AM
I've done a sort of survey of music styles of different eras of times (music project, long story). During the 1990's Nirvana brought a totally new sound to music, 1960's the Beatles, 70's the bee-gees. When i compared the pop music bands of today and the setting of music i found Linkin Park totally different to bands of today (and also another not very well-known band called Retailers). What i'm saying is that LP is perhap the next band to change rock music just like Nirvana. I admit my view is a bit biased but i reckon you guys should try it out.

When you mean Asia does that include Australia?

30th March 2005, 3:47 AM
Guys, I recently edited the rules. Please go back and reread them from the beginning.

What i'm saying is that LP is perhap the next band to change rock music just like Nirvana. I admit my view is a bit biased but i reckon you guys should try it out.
In my opinion, your view makes plenty of sense. However, Linkin Park actually used two previous bands before them as inspiration for their work. Limp Bizkit and Korn were the two groups that inspired their work. On the other hand, I agree that LP has had quite an impact on the music world.

Unfortunately, LP has not announced anything about including Oz on their Projekt Revolution tour schedule. I know that you are like to see them, as would I, but it could be awhile before they go to Australia.

Shadow_Umbreon
30th March 2005, 4:07 AM
I've done a sort of survey of music styles of different eras of times (music project, long story). During the 1990's Nirvana brought a totally new sound to music, 1960's the Beatles, 70's the bee-gees. When i compared the pop music bands of today and the setting of music i found Linkin Park totally different to bands of today (and also another not very well-known band called Retailers). What i'm saying is that LP is perhap the next band to change rock music just like Nirvana. I admit my view is a bit biased but i reckon you guys should try it out.
I say Linkin Park is pretty much a genre of their own since they have like... a lot of different genres of music in their music (or was that another band? DANGIT... how I can't remember these things...). Ick, I feel like I'm going to get shot. Wait... I always feel like I'm going to get shot. Yeah, I agree with you there. They might change rock music. Which might turn out to be really good, but if I see one rock star trying to change their music to Linkin Park... I'll hate them for life. Even if they're a band I like X_x
I'm reading what I just typed and I think I seem really out there and confusing. So this'll probably be:
One, really confusing
Two, not what you meant
Or three, way off to what you meant. XD

I don't think so. I think Australia is a contenent of it's own and not a part of Asia... if I'm wrong... well, I've always sucked when it comes to geography. X3

Onto my day in life. The horror of it all. Anyways, I was spending the night at a friends house and she works at a resturant. Well, a waitress at the resterant let her borrow her Game Cube and it had Mario Cart Double Dash. So we sit down and we play this game until 10:00 P.M. until Tammy (another one of my friends) came and we taught her how to play the game. Holy crap, once Tammy and I get going we're like neck and neck. I won 10 games while Tammy won 5 and Shirley (my other friend) won 3 and her little sister won 1. I rock at that game. X3 Now I want a Game Cube...

charizard trainer #1
30th March 2005, 9:40 AM
Limp Bizkit and Korn were the two groups that inspired their work.

Limp Bizkeit... really i didn't know that. I guess for the more heavy metal songs. Korn is another band which i found different.

I have all of Linkin Park's cds. Sanity (the store dedicated to music is much more organised than wal-mart i guess) is where i get the cds.

Hybrid Theory and Reanimation was not as good as Meteora in my opinion. Probably because Joseph Hahn's excellent DJ skills was heard more in that album than in Hybrid theory.

Two more weeks and the end terms (often called winter break:goes for two weeks).

Shadow_Umbreon
30th March 2005, 10:25 PM
Sanity... a place where you can keep your sanity because everything is organized X_x;
How come we couldn't have one of those XD
I've heard of Korn, but I don't think I've ever heard their music. Meh, I probably will sometime in the future...

charizard trainer #1
31st March 2005, 10:32 AM
You know i just got an idea. Maybe we should have a vote to see LP's most popular song and band member. If we are voting i vote for Numb and Mike Shinoda!

Shadow_Umbreon
31st March 2005, 5:42 PM
Maybe we should, but I would have to exclude myself. Due to me only having 1 CD I don't know all the songs, and to tell you the truth... I barely know the band members^^; I'm a pathetic Linkin Park fan...

Woo Yeah! Member of Fizzy Bubbles XD

charizard trainer #1
31st March 2005, 11:27 PM
Maybe we should, but I would have to exclude myself. Due to me only having 1 CD I don't know all the songs, and to tell you the truth... I barely know the band members^^; I'm a pathetic Linkin Park fan...

Woo Yeah! Member of Fizzy Bubbles XD

Then just vote for your favourite song on whatever cd you have and no your not a pathetic LP fan. You don't have to know all the songs to be a good fan or know all the band members. Just as long as you like their music and they're you're fav. band then your a fan.

Shadow_Umbreon
1st April 2005, 1:51 AM
Then just vote for your favourite song on whatever cd you have and no your not a pathetic LP fan. You don't have to know all the songs to be a good fan or know all the band members. Just as long as you like their music and they're you're fav. band then your a fan.

Fine, I'm either deciding 'Faint' or 'Papercut' to be my favorites X_x;
I pick... 'Faint'...
HECK WITH THAT... I like all the songs :p

charizard trainer #1
1st April 2005, 2:04 AM
Fine, I'm either deciding 'Faint' or 'Papercut' to be my favorites X_x;
I pick... 'Faint'...
HECK WITH THAT... I like all the songs :p

Spoken like a true Linkin Park fan. Anyway i heard Chester is a father now. Some friends sent me an e-mail telling me so. Congratulations to Chester if that is true!

Shadow_Umbreon
1st April 2005, 2:58 AM
Spoken like a true Linkin Park fan. Anyway i heard Chester is a father now. Some friends sent me an e-mail telling me so. Congratulations to Chester if that is true!

Lol, we'll find out if that's true soon I bet ;)

*fillers... da da dee dee doo... okay, I'm done*

Manjoume
1st April 2005, 7:22 AM
can i join i love linkin park i have meteora, hybrid theroy, and collision corse

BlazingCharizard
1st April 2005, 7:28 AM
my fav. band member has to be Mike he's a great MC and represents AZns great. My favorite song is a toss-up between "Papercut", "With You", and "Faint" But I like them all. But PaperCut takes the cake on this one.

LP Freakin rocks!!!!!

charizard trainer #1
1st April 2005, 9:54 AM
BlazingCharizard and Raikou25 i'm sure you guys are fans of Linkin Park but if you want to join you should read the rules first.

Shadow_Umbreon
1st April 2005, 5:32 PM
BlazingCharizard and Raikou25 i'm sure you guys are fans of Linkin Park but if you want to join you should read the rules first.

Um... YEAH... what he said XD

2nd April 2005, 5:27 AM
Just in case you haven't noticed, Black Widow has taken a leave of absence and won't be here for at least another week. Also, ~May~ just joined The Club. Welcome to the Club, ~May~!

Anyway i heard Chester is a father now. Some friends sent me an e-mail telling me so. Congratulations to Chester if that is true!
Actually, Chester has been a father since the release of Meteora. At least you wished him congratulations.

can i join i love linkin park i have meteora, hybrid theroy, and collision corse
Can I ask you to read the rules and then ask the correct way? I know I've done what I wanted to, but your wish won't be granted until you do what I asked you to. If you were wondering, emphasis is neccesary to get my point out.

my fav. band member has to be Mike he's a great MC and represents AZns great. My favorite song is a toss-up between "Papercut", "With You", and "Faint" But I like them all. But PaperCut takes the cake on this one.

LP Freakin rocks!!!!!
While you're identified you favorite band member, I'll identify my stance towards something else. My least favorite thing to do is be redundant and say what I just did: Can you read the rules? Reading the rules freaking rocks!!! LMAO, did I just type that?

If you are asking to join the club in this thread, don't think about it. Read the rules, and then ask me. You'll know what I mean by saying that after you've read the rules. Reading the rules seems to be a capability many users are devoid of. I severely disdain Sppfers who don't know that rules are in place so that they can be read.

charizard trainer #1
2nd April 2005, 7:46 AM
If you are asking to join the club in this thread, don't think about it. Read the rules, and then ask me. You'll know what I mean by saying that after you've read the rules. Reading the rules seems to be a capability many users are devoid of. I severely disdain Sppfers who don't know that rules are in place so that they can be read.

Nicely done S:C!
Anyway welcome ~May~ to the LP club

Shadow_Umbreon
3rd April 2005, 4:23 AM
HI ~May~!! Even though you haven't posted here yet... HI!!

charizard trainer #1
3rd April 2005, 6:04 AM
Apparently the lead male singer of Evanescence was a former band member of LP. I read it in a newspaper article i think.

Shadow_Umbreon
3rd April 2005, 6:30 AM
Apparently the lead male singer of Evanescence was a former band member of LP. I read it in a newspaper article i think.

Okee... that's interesting O_o;;
I gotta go to the LP site now... I feel that I need to know more about my favorite band X_x;

charizard trainer #1
3rd April 2005, 8:40 AM
Okee... that's interesting O_o;;
I gotta go to the LP site now... I feel that I need to know more about my favorite band X_x;

Do LP have an official site? I could search but to be honest i am a bit lazy today (weekend finally).

~May~
3rd April 2005, 5:36 PM
hello all :p I finally joined :D ^^'

Shadow_Umbreon
3rd April 2005, 11:47 PM
Do LP have an official site? I could search but to be honest i am a bit lazy today (weekend finally).

I beleive so... I just typed linkinpark.com (I think...) and I was there and not arguing... so yeah...
I have to say, I like this club MUCH better than the Green Day fanclub... that one is completly random... you just kind of ask to join, no rules, and start talking... but random is good, but I like this club better...
Hi May! How are you doing this fine day? RYMING!!!

charizard trainer #1
4th April 2005, 10:51 AM
Thanks Dark Umbreon 2005! ^^
Welcome ~May~.
Anyway LP are planning a world tour late next year (the tour is still in doubt).

Shadow_Umbreon
5th April 2005, 2:59 AM
Thanks Dark Umbreon 2005! ^^
Welcome ~May~.
Anyway LP are planning a world tour late next year (the tour is still in doubt).
Yep, it seems I finally tore away from the Fizzy Bubbles Arcade... gah, I hate it when I get addicted to games X_x
And please, next time just call me DU, it's much shorter than typing my whole username :)

charizard trainer #1
5th April 2005, 10:50 AM
Righto DU
Hey where is S:C, he hasn't posted for ages!

~May~
5th April 2005, 9:06 PM

Toad man
5th April 2005, 11:47 PM
Can i join?
I love LP!!
I especilly love "numb"

Shadow_Umbreon
6th April 2005, 1:34 AM
charizard trainer #1 (I'm going to call you CT okay?) and May... S:C will come at his own time... so I'm going to wait here patiently... and it's going to kill me...

And Toad man, not meaning to be rude, but... (yes, I'm going to do what S:C did...)

If you want to join the club PLEASE read the rules. I know that at least three people or more in each club decide not to read the rules for a certain club and post asking if they can join and get dissed. Not all clubs are clubs that you can just post and BAM you're a member. After you have read the rules, bug S:C about being a member, THEN you can join.

Okay, I'm done. I think I've made my point. So, really, I wasn't trying to be rude, but maybe other people will see this or S:C's other post and decide to read the rules. Okee, I think I'm going to tick someone off now, so I'm going to shut up and finish this.

Later

6th April 2005, 3:10 AM
Can i join?
I love LP!!
I especilly love "numb"
I love when people follow the rules! On the other hand, I hate when people forget to read the rules. In case you're wondering, grilling Sppfers who don't read the rules is my profession as Chairman.

Hey where is S:C, he hasn't posted for ages!

thanks ...um really where is S:C ?
I guess that's an indicator for just how much can change in three days. You guys got into the discussion enough that you noticed I was gone amid the many posts you put up. I actually haven't been able to log on for the last three days, as I haven't had the time to, but now I'm back. By the way, that was nicely done, DU.
Anyways, let me give you guys some news:

NEWS 4/5/05:

Recently revealed by rapper Apathy was the fact that LP emcee Mike Shinoda has been working on an album with an underground Hip-Hop artist named Celph-Titled. Shinoda is also the executive producer of Styles of Beyond's upcoming album.

Club Tattoo, a tattoo parlor co-founded by LP lead singer Chester Bennington in Tempe, Arizona, U.S.A, in 1995, celebrated its tenth birthday on March 31st. Hava a happy 10th Anniversary of establishment, Club Tattoo!

LP recently announced that they were going to perform at the rocker Prince's birthday party. Prince commented that he was honored to have LP, a band he certainly admires, perform, while LP emcee Mike Shinoda said that it may be the only live show LP was planning on this year, as they originally hadn't planned on any live shows. Other prominent celebrities were also planning on making appearances at the birthday party.

In related news, DJ Z-Trip recently released released a single titled Walking Dead featuring LP lead singer Chester Bennington. The song has become popular with many Rock-based radio stations in the U.S.A., and appears to be a preceding event to DJ Z-Trip's new album, Shifting Gears, which is scheduled to land in the U.S.A. April 19th.

Tell what you guys think of the news.

Shadow_Umbreon
6th April 2005, 3:29 AM
I guess that's an indicator for just how much can change in three days. You guys got into the discussion enough that you noticed I was gone amid the many posts you put up. I actually haven't been able to log on for the last three days, as I haven't had the time to, but now I'm back. By the way, that was nicely done, DU.

Hooray for me! Lol...

NEWS 4/5/05:

Recently revealed by rapper Apathy was the fact that LP emcee Mike Shinoda has been working on an album with an underground Hip-Hop artist named Celph-Titled. Shinoda is also the executive producer of Styles of Beyond's upcoming album.

Club Tattoo, a tattoo parlor co-founded by LP lead singer Chester Bennington in Tempe, Arizona, U.S.A, in 1995, celebrated its tenth birthday on March 31st. Hava a happy 10th Anniversary of establishment, Club Tattoo!

LP recently announced that they were going to perform at the rocker Prince's birthday party. Prince commented that he was honored to have LP, a band he certainly admires, perform, while LP emcee Mike Shinoda said that it may be the only live show LP was planning on this year, as they originally hadn't planned on any live shows. Other prominent celebrities were also planning on making appearances at the birthday party.

In related news, DJ Z-Trip recently released released a single titled Walking Dead featuring LP lead singer Chester Bennington. The song has become popular with many Rock-based radio stations in the U.S.A., and appears to be a preceding event to DJ Z-Trip's new album, Shifting Gears, which is scheduled to land in the U.S.A. April 19th.

Club Tattoo...lol, anyways... happy anniversary! I can't believe I just said that to a building... XD
And, uh... happy birthday to Prince!! Yeah... that too... X_x
It's kind of sad that LP really isn't doing that much... shoot me if I'm wrong...

charizard trainer #1
6th April 2005, 11:23 AM
You guys got into the discussion enough that you noticed I was gone amid the many posts you put up. I actually haven't been able to log on for the last three days, as I haven't had the time to, but now I'm back.

Explains a lot!

Anyways, let me give you guys some news:

NEWS 4/5/05:

Interesting, i never knew Chester co-founded a tatoo parlour. But anyway happy b'day to the tatoo club, sorry i missed it.

8th April 2005, 1:06 AM
Club Tattoo...lol, anyways... happy anniversary! I can't believe I just said that to a building... XD
Yes, I know, it sounds odd wishing happy birthday ot an edifice, let alone any inantimate object. I just put it up because it was co-founded by an LP member.

It's kind of sad that LP really isn't doing that much... shoot me if I'm wrong...
No, you're not wrong. To reiterate what I said earlier, they originally hadn't planned on any tours at all before the year because 2005 was looking to be a very busy one for them. However, after the tsunamis in Southeast Asia, they planned a chairty event, and Prince's invitation was their second event of the year. It's a shame, then. I want to go to an LP concert for once.

Shadow_Umbreon
8th April 2005, 1:30 AM
No, you're not wrong. To reiterate what I said earlier, they originally hadn't planned on any tours at all before the year because 2005 was looking to be a very busy one for them. However, after the tsunamis in Southeast Asia, they planned a chairty event, and Prince's invitation was their second event of the year. It's a shame, then. I want to go to an LP concert for once.

You didn't shoot me!! XD

charizard trainer #1
8th April 2005, 10:24 AM
I want to go to an LP concert for once.

I would love to go to a LP concert too but i don't want songs done with Jay Z
except for encore/numb.

Shadow_Umbreon
9th April 2005, 3:04 AM
I would love to go to a LP concert too but i don't want songs done with Jay Z
except for encore/numb.
Yeah, so do I, but when you go to a concert it's hard to hear the music if you're in the back since everyone is screamin in your ears... but that's okay, I would like to see them in person at least instead of a picture...
this comment was copyrighted to the DU
GOODBYE to the link, although it's still in CT's post

charizard trainer #1
9th April 2005, 4:50 AM
TO KEEP THIS POST ALIVE, this (http://www.deviantart.com/view/8115387/) is going to give me nightmares... well not really, as you can see I have a bad sense of humor XD
this comment was copyrighted to the DU

Pretty cool!

Shadow_Umbreon
9th April 2005, 5:52 AM
Lol, glad you like the not-my-art catagory XD
HOW LONG DOES IT TAKE FOR ME TO GET A UPDATER ON FIZZY BUBBLES?!? Okay, I'm shutting up... O_o;

11th April 2005, 2:59 AM
DU, you might want to avoid posting links in this forum in the future; posting links is against the rules of the Clubs forum. Don't worry, this isn't a warning, but if you continue doing this, you will be warned.

Black Widow
12th April 2005, 2:56 AM

He's been a father for at least a year actually.
I have a little cool info. Check it out.
When Chester was married, he was to poor to buy rings, so they got there rings tattooed onto the ring finger of the left hand.

The Name Linkin Park was named after a park in Sant Montica California, where, rumor has it, Chester slept in his car in. XD

Chester also has the Hybrid Theory album cover tattooed onto his calf muscle. Dedicated, no?

Shadow_Umbreon
12th April 2005, 3:28 AM
DU, you might want to avoid posting links in this forum in the future; posting links is against the rules of the Clubs forum. Don't worry, this isn't a warning, but if you continue doing this, you will be warned.
SIR, YES SIR

Oh yays, Black Widow is back^^

When Chester was married, he was to poor to buy rings, so they got there rings tattooed onto the ring finger of the left hand.
LOL, at least they have a 'ring' XD

Chester also has the Hybrid Theory album cover tattooed onto his calf muscle. Dedicated, no?
That's... kind of disturbing...

12th April 2005, 5:01 AM
Guys, let's extend a warm welcome to cornstarch, who happens to be our newest member. Welcome to the club, cornstarch, and have a great time!

I guess that works as an alternative. Where did they get those tattoos anyways? My guess would be Club Tattoo, since Chester is the co-owner anyways...

The Name Linkin Park was named after a park in Sant Montica California, where, rumor has it, Chester slept in his car in. XD
The history behind the band name is actually that they were first named "Xeno." Then, they changed their name to "Hybrid Theory," before adopting "Linkin Park" for legal reasons which I'm quite unclear of. Guess where "Hybrid Theory" went? By the way, I forgot to share something funny I found out over Spring Break. There is a town 35 miles to the Southwest of Colorado Springs (Which happens to be in Colorado, mind you) named Lincoln Park. We actually stopped at a retailer in the city, though oddly enough, I couldn't find any LP albums at the store. Hmmm...

I would say yes, except that he forgot to tattoo:
-Reanimation
-Meteora
-Collision Course
-Live In Texas
-All of the LPU exclusive albums
Of course, I'm just joking. Once again, I guessing that he got the tattoo at - where else? - Club Tattoo.

Black Widow
13th April 2005, 12:01 AM
Actually, the bands first name was Xero not Xeno.....I think....thats what the LP site said....

I got most of my information off of LPs first DVD, "Frat Party at the Pancake Festival." Go buy it now.......NOW I SAY!

I never learned why they had to cahnge it either......I'll send abunch of E-mails to Chester. lol.
That is strange that that town didn't have any LP merch.....
Btw, LP has a forum. w00t. I'll probably join. It only has a few members.

14th April 2005, 3:28 AM
BW, you forgot to wish cornstarch a warm welcome to the club. Anyhow, I've devised a new way of eliminating the posts in the club that come from members asking to join. Guys, can you put "If you want to join, read the rules." at the end of every post? If a user decides to post anyways, then I'll do the duty of taunting that user with song lyrics.

If you want to join, read the rules for this club.

charizard trainer #1
15th April 2005, 7:46 AM
Do any of you know what meteora means? Hybrid theory means a mix of different things and in terms of music a mix of styles like rock and classical.

Black Widow
18th April 2005, 2:41 AM
I didn't know he joined! 0.0
Ok then, welcome Cornstarch! Have fun!

charizard trainer #1
18th April 2005, 6:11 AM
Welcome cornstarch!

Black Widow
19th April 2005, 3:05 AM
I sucessfully downloaded Hybrid Theory onto my MP3 player. (Don't worry, it was legal, I had the CD, saved it onto my comp, then loaded it onto my MP3 player.)
LP with no skips. Ahh.....

19th April 2005, 3:36 AM
I sucessfully downloaded Hybrid Theory onto my MP3 player. (Don't worry, it was legal, I had the CD, saved it onto my comp, then loaded it onto my MP3 player.)
LP with no skips. Ahh.....
Heh, I already had it easy. I just had to upload all my LP albums to my iPod, and *BAM!* LP was on my iPod. By the way, iTunes is evil; it doesn't sell any Linkin Park albums besides the Collision Course Mash-Ups, which didn't appeal to me at all.

charizard trainer #1
20th April 2005, 2:58 AM
By the way, iTunes is evil; it doesn't sell any Linkin Park albums besides the Collision Course Mash-Ups, which didn't appeal to me at all.

I can't stand the collision course mash up either! I'm getting an I-pod soon- my report card came and it was good.

20th April 2005, 3:44 AM
I can't stand the collision course mash up either! I'm getting an I-pod soon- my report card came and it was good.
iPods are awesome. Anyways, getting back on topic, I haven't been able to get any news lately. I'll try to have some up as soon as possible.

charizard trainer #1
21st April 2005, 10:33 AM
Linkin Park are quite this year... but they'll be back.

Black Widow
22nd April 2005, 12:01 AM
Meh. I'm too lazy to load all my albums onto the Comp.
I liked collision course, but only two of the songs.
The only other mash-ups I like are the Jay-Z/3 Days Grace. It was pretty good.
But I personally think Jay-Z alone is no-good. He sounds good with gutars in the background though.
:025n172: Jay-Z sorta got dissed! (Personal joke.)

charizard trainer #1
23rd April 2005, 6:28 AM
But I personally think Jay-Z alone is no-good. He sounds good with gutars in the background though.

I agree. I only like one of his songs and thats 99 problems.

Shadow_Umbreon
23rd April 2005, 7:37 AM
Wow, I haven't posted here in a while >>;;
Anyway, let's just say Jay-Z and Linkin Park DO NOT mix well ^^;;

charizard trainer #1
24th April 2005, 6:03 AM
Nice banner ^^
Tear to my eye when i see it...

24th April 2005, 6:25 AM
You meant to say insider's joke, didn't you?

I agree. I only like one of his songs and thats 99 problems.
Heh, I don't even like Jay-Z at all, least 99 problems out of all his tracks.

Anyway, let's just say Jay-Z and Linkin Park DO NOT mix well ^^;;
I have to agree. It just doesn't sound right to me to hear Jay-Z's voice in the foreground and Linkin Park playing in the background.

Linkin Park are quite this year... but they'll be back.
Yeah, LP hasn't been on the scene for awhile. Or, as I see it, that's an infinity. Yes, next year they'll be back in the news.

cornstarch
24th April 2005, 10:14 AM
Thanks for letting me join, S:C. And thanks for the "warm welcome" from the others. I have been in this group for like 12 days and this is my first post. I haven't been on SPPF in a long time...

Anyways - has anyone seen Linkin Park's video for "From the Inside"? I am not sure if it is ANCIENT or what, I don't watch MTV or MTV2 that often and when I do watch it I never see a video by LP...But, one day in computers class I was searching Windows Media Player for LP songs and "From the Inside" came up. It turned out to be a video too and a great one at that...

If this is old and this vid has been out for a while, sorrrrrrrry for the late late news. BUT, if this is new and hasn't even been released yet - goto WMP and search music for Linkin Park. You'll find it sooner or later.

And, I agree. What is with them...I haven't heard anything from them in forever - like you guys.

24th April 2005, 5:21 PM
Thanks for letting me join, S:C. And thanks for the "warm welcome" from the others. I have been in this group for like 12 days and this is my first post. I haven't been on SPPF in a long time...
Ahh, so that explains your absence. I was going to PM you and ask if you'd remembered your mambership.

Anyways - has anyone seen Linkin Park's video for "From the Inside"?
I haven't seen that one, but I've seen the Somewhere I Belong, Breaking The Habit, In The End, and Pts. Of Athrty. videos.

And, I agree. What is with them...I haven't heard anything from them in forever - like you guys.
Well, LP actually hadn't planned upon a single concert this year, but now they'll have held at least two bythe end of the year; They played in Southeast Asia at a Tsunami Relief Effort concert, and they'll be playing at rocker Prince's birthday party.

Shadow_Umbreon
24th April 2005, 11:34 PM
Hi cornstarch! *wave (they need a 'wave' icon...)*
Sorry if I didn't say hi earlier o.o;;
LP's probably going to make up for their CD with Jay-Z, or at least I hope they do O_O
And OMG, ALMOST MY B-DAY AND EMERALD IS COMING SOON *spazz attack*
YARR %)(&*$()#@JDJFSDE$&)#UOEW*(NIUE...
Okay, so I'm excited for Emerald >>;;

Black Widow
25th April 2005, 2:58 AM
Don't worry Cornstarch, From the Inside only came out last year. Its a OK video, but the little kid screaming is sorta corny. Like a DBZ live action movie or something.
BTW, are you really banned, or did you just write it their?......I geuss you can't answer if your really banned......Its one of those erie questions......

You meant insiders joke right?
Meh.

25th April 2005, 3:24 AM
BTW, are you really banned, or did you just write it their?......I geuss you can't answer if your really banned......Its one of those erie questions......
No, he's not banned. He'd have a cross through his name if he were banned.

Its a OK video, but the little kid screaming is sorta corny. Like a DBZ live action movie or something.
Yeah, I have to agree with you after having seen the video just now.

And OMG, ALMOST MY B-DAY AND EMERALD IS COMING SOON *spazz attack*
YARR %)(&*$()#@JDJFSDE$&)#UOEW*(NIUE...
Okay, so I'm excited for Emerald >>;;
Yeah, Emerald will be a great game. I can hardly wait for the day when I'll be able to just walk in, cut to the front of the amazingly long line, and take the copy I reserved.

Black Widow
25th April 2005, 3:54 AM
The best LP video would have to In the End. Ooooo. Giant whales flying in the air. Or crawling.

Origonally posted by S:C
No, hes not banned, or there would be a cross through his name.
[/QUOTE]
Meh.

25th April 2005, 3:59 AM
The best LP video would have to In the End. Ooooo. Giant whales flying in the air. Or crawling.
Yeah, In The End is the best one I've seen, though I personally also liked Pts. Of Athrty. a lot. Even though it seemed as if the whole video had no relevance whatsoever to the lyrics, who's going to complain about an awesome Gundam battle-like war video?

Black Widow
26th April 2005, 3:26 AM
You mean the remix to Pts of Authority. The origonal one is jsut a concert with the recorded track played over it. The remix is the one with the robots.

26th April 2005, 5:41 AM
Yeah, that's it. Anyways, Shadow_Fox just joined. Why don't we all wish Shadow_Fox a warm welcome? Welcome to the club, Shadow_Fox.

OzBlackman
26th April 2005, 9:49 AM
hey happy 100 posts, LOL.

Can i join pleeeez???

Shadow_Fox
27th April 2005, 12:33 AM
I have no authority to say this but, BlAcKyBoI, if you read the rules you might get in...

But im finnaly in! Yay! Hi, people! ^_^ Linkin Park is life. =P

~

Shadow_Umbreon
27th April 2005, 12:59 AM
OMGOMGOMGWTF you're HERE!!! Oh YAYS, so happy :p
*points to Shadow_Fox* Mine. Touch you die.

Wow... we have over 100 posts now :D

27th April 2005, 1:32 AM
I have no authority to say this but, BlAcKyBoI, if you read the rules you might get in...
Actually, you have plenty of authority to say this to anyone who fails to read the rules. From now on, why don't we end our posts with "Read the rules if you want to join" at the end of our posts. Y'all don't have to, but I will.

READ THE RULES (FIRST POST) IF YOU WANT TO JOIN.

Shadow_Fox
27th April 2005, 2:17 AM
Originally Posted by Dark_Umbreon2005
*points to Shadow_Fox* Mine. Touch you die.
Yay! =P

Im so happy! But... lets move on...

Read the rules if you want to join =3

~

Shadow_Umbreon
27th April 2005, 11:16 PM
Lol, now that my b-day is almost here and I'm going to get payed my 50+ dollars, I'm going to Emerald on May 1st and a new Linkin Park CD because I need one XD
And I bet I'll get another one from Tammy for my birthday, so yeah XD

P.S.ct#1, now that Shadow_Fox is here you complement HER on the banner, not me since I didn't make it :p

Shadow_Fox
28th April 2005, 12:37 AM
Yea, I want a new LP CD too, right now I have Hybrid Theory and Meteora. Linkin Park is the only thing I listen to now so something new-ish would be nice. I think the lyrics from those two CDs are forever etched into my brain. XD

Yea... I make banners so if someone wants one... Only if its LP related. =3

~

charizard trainer #1
28th April 2005, 11:16 AM
Got back from a boring camp in Canberra (capital of Australia). Filled in a 80 page booklet about the wars Australia faced in the 20th century (we got info in some old war museum). Boring...

Welcome Shadow_Fox!

P.S.ct#1, now that Shadow_Fox is here you complement HER on the banner, not me since I didn't make it :p

What are you talking about?
EDIT: oh, i see. Nice one Shadow_Fox.

Anyway i've just recently seen the video of In the End, Numb, Faint, From the inside and Papercut. I want to see the video of Point of Authority (remix).

Shadow_Fox
28th April 2005, 5:23 PM
Thanks, and hi!

The only videos ive ever seen are In the End, Breaking the habbit, Faint, Somewhere I Belong, and Nobodys Listening. The best out of those is Breaking the Habbit, Japanese looking animation = awesome. Don't know where to find a place to see a whole bunch of them though... The Pts of Authority remix sounds like it would be cool too. Ive never even heard any of the remixes yet...

~

Black Widow
29th April 2005, 3:41 AM
Welcome Shadow Fox.
I didn't know LP made a video for Nobody's Listening. I'll have to search for that one.

cornstarch
29th April 2005, 7:46 AM
They made a video for Nobody's Listening? Where did you see it at, Shadow_Fox?

Shadow_Fox
29th April 2005, 10:29 PM
X_X;;; It was Numb, sorry bout that...

Uh...yea... well, hi! ^^;

~

Shadow_Umbreon
30th April 2005, 12:19 AM
Nobody's Listening...
That title reminds me of a Green Day song... was it Letterbomb?
Nobody likes you,
Everyone left you,
They're all out without you,
Having fun...
Or something like that >>;;
Oh yeah, it's Friday. I only have to keep my patience until Sunday and I get Emerald X33
^I'm obsessed with red >>

Shadow_Fox
30th April 2005, 2:07 AM
Never heard of it... ITS FRIDAY!!! Yea!
Meh, I don't really like pkmn (Don't hurt me!) so Emerald dosent appeal to me much.
Im obsessed with purple if no one noticed yet. =P

~

charizard trainer #1
30th April 2005, 2:56 AM
Nobody's Listening...
That title reminds me of a Green Day song... was it Letterbomb?
Nobody likes you,
Everyone left you,
They're all out without you,
Having fun...
Or something like that >>;;

Yah it is letterbomb and is track 10 on American Idiot.

Black Widow
30th April 2005, 5:58 AM
I love Nobodys Listening. Cool japanese flute in the background......
Peep the style and the kids checkin for it
The number one question is how could you ignore it?
We drop right back in the cut,
With raps that got you backin this up like
[Rewind that!]
We're just rollin with the rythm,
rise from the ashes of syleistic division,
with these non-stop lyrics of life living,
not to be forgoten, but still unforgiven.
But in the mean time there are those
who wanna talk this and that,
so I suppose, that it gets to a point where sombodys gonna get hurt,
and get dirty with the people spreading the dirt
[It goes]...............
Hehe. Something like that.
*bows* Thank you, thank you.
btw, where the hell is S:C? I haven't seen him on all week.

30th April 2005, 6:07 AM
I'm here, y'all. In a little while, the new anti-n00b alliance will be including this club in their area of jurisdiction. They haven't started operations yet, but when they have, I'll let all of you know.

Black Widow
30th April 2005, 7:04 AM
Whats the deal with the Anti-n00b stuff? I've seen several peple with it in there sigs...
*ponders*

Shadow_Fox
30th April 2005, 4:32 PM
Yea, Nobodys Listening is cool, the flutes are beautifull in it. Who would think that rap and those flutes would sound so great togther? =P

Haha, i like the change in your sig, black widow. And what do you guys mean about the Anti-n00b stuff?

~

Black Widow
30th April 2005, 7:44 PM
Thanks Shadow Fox.
I tried to make up something creative, so I just typed something random, and put in the Popwar Skateboards logo. (The rabbit)
Anyway, if any of you guys have a windows media player, you can do a search and find some cool unreleased LP tracks. Simpally type in "Linkin Park" and a lot of pages come up, (not at once, XD) and you can hear Carousel, Morning after, and several other rare tracks. Hehe.
Have any of you seen the video to FRGT/10? (Remix to the 10th Hybrid Theory track.) Its cool.

Shadow_Umbreon
30th April 2005, 9:00 PM
Oooooo, Windows Media Player's good after all :}

Anti-n00b alliance thingy? WTF? O_o

Black Widow
1st May 2005, 4:13 AM
After all. Hehe.
I can't find my MP3 player....I need to listen to LP and they never play it on TV....I'm crazy....
*twitch*
What the hell is the link in your sig about anyway, DU? I'm confused. I like the Lucky charms thing though. Hehe.

Shadow_Umbreon
1st May 2005, 4:41 AM
LOL, which one? XD The one with the lucky charms is my deviantART account, I'm only 11 so don't expect expert art. XD
In case you don't know, DA is a place where great artists/future artists/people that just suck at art period can display their art and improve by comments. But to me it's like one huge chat room @_@
IT GOTS A JOURNAL!! AND I TYPE FASTER THAN I WRITE SO IT'S A BLESSING!!
Meh, I barely even USE Windows Media Player... It's funny, I have all this cool stuff on there (don't ask, haven't browsed through it fully) and yet I prefer my CD player XD Does a better job, I can listen to my music as loud as I want. My ears may blow, but at least my house won't XD

Shadow_Fox
1st May 2005, 4:50 AM
Youre 11 DU?!?!?!?!

X_____________x You seem so much older.... and your art is incredible for that age.... when i was 11 i could hardly draw a stick figure. XD Im trying to get a DA account, mostly just to talk to people, but the e mail verifycation link wont work. >.>

Anyways, I just watched/heard the Points of Authority remix. Pure awesomeness, now I like the Windows Media Player thing. =3

I like CD players better too, the computer dosent get loud enough.... O_o;;;

~

Shadow_Umbreon
1st May 2005, 5:07 AM
Everyone says that XD
OMG A RADIO... ON MEDIA PLAYER... >>;

Black Widow
2nd May 2005, 3:55 AM
Your art is awsome DU.
WMP is only good for putting songs on your MP3 player. Thats about it. And finding stuff on the web. >_> We have google for that anyway, so meh.

Shadow_Umbreon
3rd May 2005, 1:44 AM
OMG LE GASP EMERALD!!!!!!
If I'm not here you can blame it on Nintendo, Ken Sugimori, and the rest of the people who helped make that game

3rd May 2005, 2:04 AM
Yep, Emerald finally came out today. *Plays on*
*Remembers something*
Ayayay, it's been the longest time since I provided you guys with some LP news. However, what I've gathered isn't much, but that's the way it'll have to be until I can find more news. Anyways, here it is:

NEWS 5/2/05

MTV Japan nominated LP for three of their awards at the MTV Japan vma Awards 2005. Congratulations to LP for making in to these fields, as well as winning the "Best Collaboration Video" for the Numb/Encore music video.

Source: LPTimes

In a related story, LP has demanded to be released from their contract with Warner Bros. The incentives that benefit Warner Bros. as a result of the CD sales, that band has said, are a scam that will help WB make more money than is justified. LP made nothing from the last IPO plan put forth by WB, which may have triggered this ultimatum from the band.

Source: Rolling Stone

Tell me what y'all think of the news. I especially think that LP should have their contract with WB terminated.

charizard trainer #1
3rd May 2005, 2:52 AM
NEWS 5/2/05

MTV Japan nominated LP for three of their awards at the MTV Japan vma Awards 2005. Congratulations to LP for making in to these fields, as well as winning the "Best Collaboration Video" for the Numb/Encore music video.

Congrats LP.

Source: LPTimes

In a related story, LP has demanded to be released from their contract with Warner Bros. The incentives that benefit Warner Bros. as a result of the CD sales, that band has said, are a scam that will help WB make more money than is justified. LP made nothing from the last IPO plan put forth by WB, which may have triggered this ultimatum from the band.

Source: Rolling Stone

Tell me what y'all think of the news. I especially think that LP should have their contract with WB terminated.

LP are rich enough to have their own record company if i am correct.

Shadow_Fox
3rd May 2005, 11:29 PM
Yay! Go LP! ^_^ Ive never see the Numb/Encore music video....

Even if they are wealthy enough to own their own record company they prolly shoudnt... well, depends on how much money we're talking about here. XD

~

Shadow_Umbreon
4th May 2005, 1:26 AM
NEWS FLASH MAY 3, 2005:
;197;It seems that DU can't get off her fat *** and really type something on the computer since she's too addicted to Emerald. So she's going to pop here like... I don't know... when ever she feels like it in a week. Also, to add to this horrible post, her b-day's tommorow, so she might be here depending on how the day goes. HELL HAS FROZEN OVER- I mean, IT'S THE APOCALYPSE- whoops, what I meant to say was she'll be gone and you can expect short posts from her.
The End.
P.S. DU also wants to say congrats to LP

Dark Fire
4th May 2005, 6:14 AM
Well, Hi guys...I have officialy been admited into this club, which I think is so cool.
Anyhow, seeing as I am new here is some info bout me.
Male, 14 years old...yeah w/e...Point is I like LP...A lot. And a lot of times i get made fun for that, but w/e, it's better then what they're listening to.
Fav Song: Faint
Fav Album: Grrrr, so hard to choose...Meteora [I think]
Fav Songs: Faint, Somewhere I Belong, Runaway, Points of Authority[Reanimation], Numb.
Fav Band aside from LP: Hmmmm...Led Zeppelin...Gotta love the oldies.

So yeah, Hi everyone.

charizard trainer #1
4th May 2005, 12:04 PM
^^welcome Dark Fire!
Happy bday DU!
It's all i got today...

Shadow_Fox
4th May 2005, 10:28 PM
Hello, Dark Fire. Nice to get a new member. Faint rocks. =3

Happy birthday DU!!!

Ummm... I heard somewhere that LP may release a new album or something sometime soon, anyone else hear about that? If they do, I just hope its not another one like the last one with that J-Z guy. ;;>.>

~

Dark Fire
5th May 2005, 12:16 AM
Yeah I heard that too, and I hope they make this album better then the ones before. [Not saying they were bad] And although Collision Coarse was ok, i think they did that, because they ran out of ideas, but then again. can't wait for a new CD.

Shadow_Fox
5th May 2005, 1:52 AM
Yea, I can't wait either. My parents may actually buy something for me for once. XD

Meh, the only song Ive heard from the Collision Course album is Numb/Encore. It was okay but not something I would want to listen to as much as I have pure Linkin Park blasting in my ears. =P

~

Black Widow
5th May 2005, 3:52 AM
Welcome Dark Fire, congrats LP, and DU, I didn't know you are a girl. O>O
Anyway, I may not be on as much anymore either. About three times a week, instead of everyday, so its not that bad.
XD

5th May 2005, 5:20 AM
Oh my goodness, the Club President forgot to give DF the warm welcome when admitting him into the club - enough of that. Anyways, welcome to the LP Club, and have a great time, DF.

With the arrival of my announcement, this is now the third "I won't be on very often" announcement. I will only be on for a brief period per night, but some days, that might change. While I'm still on this subject, does anyone know what happened to ~ May ~? I haven't seen her post for quite a while now...

Speaking of CDs, LP are planning to release one. It hasn't been determined yet just when, but they're already working on it.

I guess you guys just piqued me into a new little club poll: Which LP track is your favorite one? Mine would have to be Somewhere I Belong, though of course I love all of LP's tracks.

Dark Fire
5th May 2005, 5:52 AM
I guess you guys just piqued me into a new little club poll: Which LP track is your favorite one? Mine would have to be Somewhere I Belong, though of course I love all of LP's tracks.

Well as I said before mine is Faint, and Somewhere I Belong close in second. What do you call that verse that comes between two choruses...w/e Somewhere I Belong has the nicest one of all song in the world IMO.

Shadow_Fox
5th May 2005, 7:21 PM
Originally Posted by Black Widow
DU, I didn't know you are a girl. O>O
O_o;;

My favorite track is... Thats really hard... =/ Um, Ill go with By Myself at the moment. My favs change to match my mood. =3

I can't wait for the 'possible' new CD.

~

Shadow_Umbreon
5th May 2005, 11:42 PM
Erm... LIVE IN TEXAS... THE ONLY ONE I HAVE >>;;

And welcome Dark Fire, no need to really introduce myself or make an idiot out of myself... but I do anyway HA HA HA I LAUGH...

DU, I didn't know you are a girl. O>O
NOPE, I'm a man...
I'm the manliest man on earth...
XDD
LOL, do I not act like one? O_O;;

Shadow_Fox
6th May 2005, 2:24 AM
Originally posted by Dark_Umbreon2005
NOPE, I'm a man...
I'm the manliest man on earth...
XDD
LOL, do I not act like one? O_O;;
No, not at all, I think BW's just crazy. XP
jk, jk. But I have no idea why someone would think that. O_o;;

What song from Live in Texas is your favorite, DU? I think thats what he meant...

~

Black Widow
6th May 2005, 2:51 AM
NEWS FLASH MAY 3, 2005:
;197;It seems that DU can't get off her fat *** and really type something on the computer since she's too addicted to Emerald. So she's going to pop here like... I don't know... when ever she feels like it in a week. Also, to add to this horrible post, her b-day's tommorow, so she might be here depending on how the day goes. HELL HAS FROZEN OVER- I mean, IT'S THE APOCALYPSE- whoops, what I meant to say was she'll be gone and you can expect short posts from her.
The End.
P.S. DU also wants to say congrats to LP

See, you said "her" and "she" so, it is only the human nature to assume that you are a girl. lol.

Shadow_Umbreon
6th May 2005, 4:53 AM
Whoops, sorry I've been skimming all day in class for info so I must have misread the poll-thingy >>;;

YARR, I CAN'T CHOOSE...
Erm, I'll choose Faint... That's a good song >>;;

I know BW, I'm just joking around XD

Oh no...
Idaho's Suck A** Test for math is here (Really it's Idaho's Standard Achievement Tests, but Idaho's Suck *** Tests sounds better and it fits better too)
Do you know how hard it is for me to keep quiet for 1 hour doing those tests without having a spazz attack? Espeacially when I love to talk...
But what really sucks about this test is that I'm going to bomb it.
Language score:242
Reading score:245
Math score:231
I have no IDEA why I suck so bad at math. NO IDEA. I can't do anything mentally because I swear, I'm amazed I can remember my name >>;;
So I'm going to bomb this test. Meh, I don't care anymore anyway... it's just my parents I'm going to worry about :|

So um... back to Emerald... MAN I love that game...

charizard trainer #1
6th May 2005, 12:28 PM
Interesting... Shadow Fox knows German. Hm... see if you can understand this:
Ich bin Ein Berliner.

I want Emerald but i have a choice: DS and get all of the newer games (diamond and pearl) or go for the Emerald and also buy a GBA (my old one ain't workin).

I just saw Numb on MTV.

Shadow_Fox
7th May 2005, 1:18 AM
Originally posted by charizard trainer #1
Interesting... Shadow Fox knows German. Hm... see if you can understand this:
Ich bin Ein Berliner.
Errmmm... I don't know much, just a few words, but some of my family knows a bunch. Youre from Berlin...? Get the DS, btw.

Anymore LP news, anyone?

~

7th May 2005, 2:14 AM
Nope, I don't have LP news yet. I'll post some as soon as I can find any.

charizard trainer #1
7th May 2005, 9:15 AM
Errmmm... I don't know much, just a few words, but some of my family knows a bunch. Youre from Berlin...? Get the DS, btw.

[COLOR=DarkGreen]~

No, i just lived in Berlin for two years then moved back to Ausland. My sis was born in Berlin. I was born in Sydney.

Shadow_Umbreon
7th May 2005, 10:00 PM
OMG Spheal is SOOO cute..
Erm...
Sorry... but it is you know >>;;

Oh yays, my friend is getting me American Idiot since I keep annoying Shirley about it and if I ask for it one more time Shirley's going to stab me! Yay!!
And I STILL don't have my b-day present yet...
I should tell my parents, 'If you don't know what to give me give me cash :D' and hope they don't get annoyed with me.

Anybody else here besides S:C and me have Emerald?

Hm... maybe I should switch Lombre with Spheal... because Spheal is cute and Lombre is just... meh...
AND BLAZIKEN IS MY NEW FAV POKEMON... NEXT TO UMBREON AND TYPHLOSION >>;

charizard trainer #1
8th May 2005, 6:01 AM
If i ever get emerald i'm starting with treecko.

Shadow_Umbreon
8th May 2005, 6:26 AM
As soon as I master Emerald I'm going to do a bunch of cheats to see if they work... it'll be fun...

Scary.
I actually did good on the Math part of the tests.
I am... amazed...

Black Widow
10th May 2005, 10:25 PM
hehe. I beat Emerald a week ago.
*laughs in triumph*
Anyway, I found out LP isn't doing a rap-only album, but it is a side project of Mike Shinoda. Sorta like a solo thing. O.o Confuses me too.

Shadow_Fox
11th May 2005, 12:23 AM
Yay, Im confuzzled too!!! XP
Meh, oh well, ill figure it out sooner or later.

~

charizard trainer #1
11th May 2005, 11:02 AM
hehe. I beat Emerald a week ago.
*laughs in triumph*
Anyway, I found out LP isn't doing a rap-only album, but it is a side project of Mike Shinoda. Sorta like a solo thing. O.o Confuses me too.

Congrats on finishing Emerald.
Mike doing his own album thing is probably a way for himself to find a new talent of his and us it for the band. Probably also to bring on some friend and try to publicise their talents.

Shadow_Fox
12th May 2005, 3:14 AM
It looks like everyone but me here has Emerald. Meh, oh well, I don't even like pkmn. O.o;;

I hope whatever this album thing is, its good. Im mad cuz im starting to like metal music more than Linkin Park. ><;;

~

12th May 2005, 3:36 AM
Anybody else here besides S:C and me have Emerald?
I guess that's been answered:

It looks like everyone but me here has Emerald. Meh, oh well, I don't even like pkmn. O.o;;
Remember, nobody said you had to in order to join this forum.
Let's try getting back on topic now, shall we?

From my perspective, ct1's explanation, given below, suffices to describe what Shinoda has planned:

Mike doing his own album thing is probably a way for himself to find a new talent of his and us it for the band. Probably also to bring on some friend and try to publicise their talents.
Shinoda's rationale behind his current project could be an attempt to connect with the rest of the music world, which LP did very well with Reanimation.

If you want to go off-topic, it's fine as long as long as you guys are actively involved in contributing to our LP discussion. If you're going to post about Emerald, that's fine as long as you include a coherent section that furthers the discussion.

Okay:
Hey guys, I just beat Winona on Emerald and my party Pokemon are at lv. 45 at the least. I'm doing really well in the game.

By the way, LP's playing at Prince's birthday party. Did y'all know that?

Not Okay:
zomg maxie iz t3h r0x0rz wth crobat n mightyena blahblahblah hehe whr r u gyz in mrld?

From now on, if you want to refer to me, just call me Stan instead of S:C. Yes, that is my first name. (Though it has little relevance to my username, S:C)

Shadow_Fox
13th May 2005, 1:49 AM
Sure thing, Stan. XP That was getting kinda out of control. Ummm... What does you username stand for/mean then?

What was Reanimation exactly? The only CDs of theirs ive heard are Hybrid Theory and Meteora...

~

Dark Fire
13th May 2005, 2:17 AM
Reanimation is a remix CD of Hybrid Theory. IMO it is actaully better than Hybrid Theory, although they ruined a couple of good songs.
Good Remix: Points of Authority...OMG best remix ever. It's one of my favs. I'm not to fond of the original.
My December: I like the Reanimation version better. Yes the original My December isn't on HT, but still, the remix rules.

Bad Remix: In the End: WOW, bad bad bad. Music bad, lyrics good...but music really bad.

Yeah they changed some of the lyrics, and many other artists collabortaed in the CD.

Also if you look at the HT cover you see the soldier with the butterfly net. [So symbolic towards peace =P LOL], and on the reanimation cover has a hi-tech robot thingy [the "reanimated" soldier] w/ a butterfly net. Obvioulsy fittting the CD name. Props to the designer for the very nice "reanimation".

EDIT: All in all the CD is very worth it, especailly if you liked HT. It's my second favourite. [Meteora > Reanimation > Hybrid Theory]

This brings me to another question: What is your favourite LP video?
Although Points of Authority isn't one of my fav songs [except the reanimation]. I think the video is amazing. The super high tech war thing going on, and in the end the big plasma blue snake thingy kills everyone. Very original, and sweet. Secong fav would have to be Somewhere I Belong, cuz of the elephant things, and the bed. I don't know why, but that bed looks so comfy.

Black Widow
13th May 2005, 10:43 PM
The best video would have to be In the End or the Forgoten remix. (FRGT/10.)
btw, DF, Mike Shinoda and Joe Hahn do the album covers.

Shadow_Fox
14th May 2005, 10:31 PM
I like the Numb video. I don't know why, I just do.
Yea... second favorite would have to be Somewhere I Belong. The giraffe/elephant thing scare me, but like what DF said, the bed is nice. XP

Shinoda and Hahn rock, they're amazing artists. I love the demon looking guy that one of them did on the wall in Metora.

~

charizard trainer #1
15th May 2005, 11:10 AM
Personally i think the video for points of authority (remix) is the best then In the End and then Somewhere i belong. Also, i like Meteora more.

Off topic: i've decided to buy DS and wait for Pearl and other thing to come out. I'm not getting emerald...

Shadow_Umbreon
16th May 2005, 2:26 AM
Hm... people are still calling me DU...
Not that I care, I just think it's kind of funny XD

SF, you're alone too, eh?

SO, I might be gone for a while or not because I have to sneak on the computer and I can only do that for... 15 min...
206 MESSAGES ON DA
Well, that wasn't as bad as last time... 900 something... almost 1,000... ALMOST...
My mom decided to ban me from the computer... sucks being an only child... get blamed for everything >>;

I saw LP in Wal-Mart where USHER's CDs were supposed to be...
If I could describe Wal-Mart it would be 'lazy'
But it's fun to play hide and go seek and tag in there....
Until you get caught and kicked out...*sigh* that was fun...

WTF is up with the Altering Cave? Anybody? >>;;

Okay, I have really nothing else to talk about... so... um... bye...

16th May 2005, 3:10 AM
WTF is up with the Altering Cave? Anybody? >>;;
Actually, you have to have a special ticket (Yes, a ticket. Nintendo is so unfair when it comes to these little trinkets) to alter the Pokemon Appearances.

Personally i think the video for points of authority (remix) is the best then In the End and then Somewhere i belong.
I like all of those videos too. I think that In The End would rank highest on my "Which LP Video do I like best?" list, but Somewhere I Belong and Pts. Of Athrty (The remix) come in at a close second.

The giraffe/elephant thing scare me, but like what DF said, the bed is nice.
Honestly, what is that thing? I thought it was some sort of mutated monkey the first time I saw it. About the bed, well, I was a bit confused when I saw Bennington falling through...nowhere, until he fell on the bed and we saw a Japanese-style room.

cornstarch
16th May 2005, 6:08 AM
Those little giraffe/dinosaur type things are something that Mr. Hahn drew/made up.

Shadow_Fox
17th May 2005, 2:11 AM
Originally posted by Shadow_Umbreon
SF, you're alone too, eh?
Si... ,-_-,
Looks like people still see you as DU. XP

Somehow I forgot about the In the End video, that ones awesome. All of them are, LP is so artistic. Thats what I love about them, their songs arent just lyrics and music, there art.

~

charizard trainer #1
17th May 2005, 1:01 PM
Si... ,-_-,
Somehow I forgot about the In the End video, that ones awesome. All of them are, LP is so artistic. Thats what I love about them, their songs arent just lyrics and music, there art.

~

I couldn't put it better than that...
How is Emerald... better than ruby and Saphire?

18th May 2005, 2:10 AM
How is Emerald... better than ruby and Saphire?
I'm thinking "You absolutely need to get it! There are so many changes to the game!" right now, but check the Emerald page on Spp. From there, it's your own decision.

All of them are, LP is so artistic. Thats what I love about them, their songs arent just lyrics and music, there art.
You remind me of the little video that came with Meteora featuring the booklet art. LP states that they try to throw in a little artistic twist into their album covers. Not only was Meteora's ablum booklet creative, but so were the other album booklets, not to forget the album cases.

charizard trainer #1
18th May 2005, 11:01 AM
I love the hybrid theory case the best because it is the most original and not many bands recently have done that sort of cover.

Shadow_Fox
18th May 2005, 11:22 PM
Originally posted by S:C
LP states that they try to throw in a little artistic twist into their album covers.
I was kinda thinking of their music, but thats true, too. Ive never heard another band that sounds anything like Linkin Park...

I think I liked the Meteora cover art best, the pics in the booklet incuded. Nice colors. =3

~

charizard trainer #1
19th May 2005, 6:35 AM
I was kinda thinking of their music, but thats true, too. Ive never heard another band that sounds anything like Linkin Park...

I think I liked the Meteora cover art best, the pics in the booklet incuded. Nice colors. =3

~

I agree, LP have a very unique sound and thats what makes them popular. Their music is really deep in my opinion (compare to Green Day, Blink 182, Sum 41, simple plan, Rammstein, etc.).

20th May 2005, 1:12 AM
I'm really starting to think that LP is in a category of their own. Their music combines plenty of aspects from different types of music, the most prominent being Hip-Hop and Metal.

Yes, I agree. LP displays amazing mastery of art creation by means of spray cans in the Meteora video.

What does you username stand for/mean then?
Here comes my flurry of off-topic remarks in the post.
My first name has little, if any, relevance to my username. My username is actually (Don't laugh) a typo. It should have been "SLC" instead of "S:C," but, hey, the ":;" key had to come after the "L" key, didn't it? For those of you who jumped to the conclusion that "SLC" has something to do with my name, YOU'RE WRONG! Anyways, SLC would've stood for "Snow lives coldly," thereby sufficiently describing my attitude towards n00bs, a cold one like snow. I'm not sure who has and who hasn't, but all of a sudden I got the feeling that some users could be comparing my intended username with Colorado winters. Look at my location.

charizard trainer #1
21st May 2005, 9:04 AM
^^ A typo. Well everyone mixes up L and :
Common mistakes (sarcasm).
Actually i accidently wrote # instead of just one. So there you go.

Shadow_Fox
22nd May 2005, 6:58 AM
I like your sn, Stan (you DID want us to call you that, right?) Its very distinctive.

We went to my old neighborhood today and our friends asked me what kind of music l liked, i said just Linkin Park, and they where like "Linking who?" I almost died... Its insane... im so obsessed, im halfway done with a pic of chester ive been working on . XP Hes so hot *drools*

Back on subject!(Kinda) ...The CD that mike is going to be in is called Fort Minor, right? Sounds interesting... Hafta look into that one, but LP just isnt LP without Chester.

~

22nd May 2005, 7:03 AM
So, you were planning on having your username as "charizard trainer one1?" I'm joking, I know what you mean.
>_>
Since I'm bored, I decided to throw in a little twist to the discussion. Whoever posts after me will guess what song the lyrics below belong to. Next, they will post lyrics from another song and continue the cycle. If you don't know, just say "pass." If you don't want to play this game, you don't have to. Carrying on, here I go (How redundant):

Hey, yo
Here we go again with the pain I feel isnít real
But in my mind, I find myself in places with names but not faces
My memory races at speeds
Hundred degrees
My soul bleeds, devil mustíve planted the seed
Now it feels like my backís against the wall
Iím taking the fall
Whenever I call nobodyís responding at all
But I donít know who I can trust
The screaming my name
I need somebody to help me out of the frame

charizard trainer #1
22nd May 2005, 10:43 AM
^^Crud, i have to guess. Innitialy i thought "i'll eat you alive" by Limp Bizkeit, it ain't no Linkin Park song (hopefully not). My next guess was there you go by i think boiling water (not boiling point). I don't know really.

"I'll eat you alive" by Limp Bizkeit. i think i'm wrong.

A lyric, lets see:

Is anybody listening
can you hear me when i call
Shooting signals in the air,
cuz i need somebody's help
I can't make it own
So i'm giving up myself
Is anybody listening... listening

I'm stranded here and i'm miles away
Making signals hoping they would save me
I lock myself inside these walls
cuz out there i'm always wrong

Shadow_Fox
22nd May 2005, 3:07 PM
Do we have life lines? XD Its something by good charlotte... sos? I think thats it...

Killing Me Killing You
Killing all we have
As our loves wither away

Burning Me Burning You
Burning us to ash
Drowning us in a sea of flames

Darling, do you feel, there is a storm coming our way
The burning light between us is already starting to fade
The fire in our hearts is smothered by the rain
and the crimson flame of passion turns into something gray

Muhahaha, you shal never get it right! XD

~

23rd May 2005, 3:59 AM
Well, those sound like the lyrics to Sentenced's Killing Me Killing You. Anyways, I had meant for the lyrics to be LP lyrics. After all, your post in this club is spam if it has nothing to do with LP. Starting over, here are mine:

*Note: Yes, these are from an LP track, as were my previous, which were from Plc. 4 Mie Haed.

I tried so hard
In spite of the way you were mocking me
Acting like I was part of your property
Remembering all the times you fought with me
Iím surprised it got so (far)
Things arenít the way they were before
You wouldnít even recognize me anymore
Not that you knew me back then
But it all comes back to me
In the end

cornstarch
23rd May 2005, 6:03 AM
Duh. "In the End".

Tension is building inside, steadily
(Everyone feels so far away from me)
Heavy thoughts forcing their way, out of me
(Trying not to break
But I'm so tired of this deceit
Everytime I try to make myself
Get back up on my feet
All I ever think about is this
All the tiring and time between
And how, trying to put my trust in you
Just takes so much out of me)

charizard trainer #1
23rd May 2005, 11:45 AM
From the inside or is it take everything from the inside? ^^

Watch as the moon rocks
Medily moon walk
Make's me the same
bangin in your boom box
rumble violence, lyrical stylists
Whenin a time when rock hip hop were childish.
You can't tell me what rhymes with an md
Rapin to a beat doesn't make you an mc

Shadow_Fox
24th May 2005, 1:39 AM
Its From The Inside XD And thats ^ Step Up, I belive.
Meh,
Spit drips from the jaw of the witless witness
Cryptic colloquialism shifts your midrift
Dark all I do embark the shadows
Involved with my thought catalog, analogue, rap catalog
Keep my distance, and fear resistance, hurt by persistance
The twisted web of tangled lies

Yay, love that song.

~

31st May 2005, 4:34 AM
That song would be And One - Linkin Park. While I'm still hearing CNN flow through the door, here's some LP News. I've been a little supine lately, so here's a quick update:

NEWS 30 MAY 2005:

VMA (Video Music Awards) handed out two of its awards to LP last night as VMA Japan 2005, one for "Best Group Video," which recognized Breaking The Habit, and "Best Collaboration" for the work put into Numb/Encore with Jay-Z. Why don't we give a round of applause for LP? *Claps*

Next up in the order, England's The Sun recently reported the third unplanned concert by LP this year. Supposedly they will be making an appearance at "Live 8 Concert" on 2 July 2005 in Washington, D.C., U.S.A. This concert is a sequel to a similar one planned in 1985, which had aimed to divulge attention to the "Make Poverty History" campaign. Also confirmed to be performing at the concert will be the likes of Alicia Keys, OutKast, The Black Eyed Peas, Mary J. Blige, and Destiny's Child.

Unfortunately, that's all I can fathom for now. Comment on whatever you want, keep the little game going, or do both.

Black Widow
3rd June 2005, 12:34 AM
Wow, I haven't posted here in fo'eva.
*claps for LP*
I wish I could get the unrealeased EP, but I don't trust Ebay enough to order it there...

charizard trainer #1
3rd June 2005, 2:21 AM
Congrats to LP.
Numb/encore is all LP success. Jay-Z nearly ruined the song.
Anyway i just saw on MTV "Points of Authority" (remix)

Shadow_Fox
5th June 2005, 4:21 PM
Really? I live right near Washington DC...

Um, I wont be online much for a few weeks, I doubt that anyone here will care all that much, but i thought id let you guys know so you didnt think i had died or something.

Edit- I drew a pic of Chester, its not that great but, meh, w/e, this is prolly considered off topic anyway... -link- (http://img204.echo.cx/img204/9674/chester8qs.png)

~

7th June 2005, 5:46 AM
Yeah, I saw your picture of Chester already. I say, you've got quite some artistic talent. Next time, though, watch for what you put in your post; links are not allowed in posts in this forum.

Jay-Z nearly ruined the song.
I couldn't have said that better myself. Jay-Z rapping before a background of LP guitaring and drumming (etc.) doesn't sound great to me.

Shadow_Umbreon
7th June 2005, 6:07 AM
I've been gone for a while and now I'm back, but really have nothing much to say.

Since Congrats to LP is really getting old, I'm not going to say that unless I can make a decent post.
I might edit this post but first I need to comment on the other clubs before I do that.

Dark Fire
7th June 2005, 6:17 AM
Wow this place is so dead, well actually almost dead.

There's been one song that's really been getting "beneath my skin" for lack of better terms. Nobody's Listening; I was never too fond of this song, but for some reason I've been finding it annoying lately so I just skip it...yeah that's bout all for LP news from me.

Oh Shadow Umbreon I got 2 questions, but since this is the LP Club I want ask them here, but rather PM you later on.

Shadow_Umbreon
7th June 2005, 6:42 AM
Oh Shadow Umbreon I got 2 questions, but since this is the LP Club I want ask them here, but rather PM you later on.
Um, you do that o.o

I'm getting annoyed of 'Breaking the Habit' to tell you the truth. They play it all the time on the radio, it just get's so annoying... I just turn off the radio or skip it on my CD. But at least LP got a few awards off it, so at least there's one good thing that came out of that song...
I'm not saying I hate that song, I just don't want too hear too much of it.

Okay this kind of a stupid question but does anybody here know when the next LP CD (LP CD... LOL) is coming out? I just want to hear it since I hope it makes up for Colision Course...

charizard trainer #1
7th June 2005, 2:08 PM
Um, you do that o.o

I'm getting annoyed of 'Breaking the Habit' to tell you the truth. They play it all the time on the radio, it just get's so annoying... I just turn off the radio or skip it on my CD. But at least LP got a few awards off it, so at least there's one good thing that came out of that song...
I'm not saying I hate that song, I just don't want too hear too much of it.

I would love it if they play Breaking the Habit all the time- they never play LP anymore well NOT including Numb/encore and izzo/in the end.

Trust me, when LP get their third album (not including reanimation and Collaboration thingo) this place will be buzzing with users. Just give it time!

11th June 2005, 5:19 PM
We all know that the new album would be greatly appreciated, as well as the boost to this club that might come with it. Anyways, LP said that they're working on it.

charizard trainer #1
12th June 2005, 3:15 AM
Have you guys noticed that they release albums every two years- atleast a year to go.

Shadow_Umbreon
12th June 2005, 6:58 PM
This place is dead again...

I guess I'd better just say this before I just sort of mysteriously disapear XD
Well, someone in my family had a stroke and it did a lot of damage. He has to have a feeding tube now in order to eat and all, but now he's asking to stop the feeding. Once they stop the feeding he's not going to last to the end of this week, so I guess he's pretty much dead now... so I'm only going to be here to keep myself updated on Fizzy Bubbles and I don't know if I want to post anything in clubs or not... so yeah -_-;

So I guees this is goodbye for now, see you guys later...

Dark Fire
12th June 2005, 11:30 PM
That sucks SU, feel better soon...have fun in FB...I'm your updater too 0_o...

Anyhow, I saw this awsome Dragon Ball Z video with "In the End" as backround music, and it really made the video "alive"...I saw another one w/ "Papercut" and it was awsome too. Funny how those are my two fav. songs off HT.

Anyway, yeah...I hope they make a new CD soon, cuz it would be great.

charizard trainer #1
13th June 2005, 5:05 AM
Hope your family member gets better SU, best wishes from me mate...
In the End with Dragon Ball Z... awesome. Lets hope their third album won't be anything to do with Jay Z.

Black Widow
13th June 2005, 5:11 AM
I'm sorry to hear about your family member, SU, the same thing happened to my grandfather. PM me if you want naything.
btw, that Chester pic is awsome, I saved it. ^_^

Shadow_Umbreon
13th June 2005, 5:32 AM
Hope your family member gets better SU, best wishes from me mate...
Just saying this, but he's not going to get better :(

I highly doubt it'll have anything to do with Jay Z... according to my friend it sort of just happened like this:

Jay Z: Yo, yo, yo, wazzup my homies?!
Linkin Park:Jay Z? WTF?
Jay Z: Mah homies, we should do some sort of CD together and make your songs sound like crap with mah songs...
Linkin Park: OMG, leik, NO. You suck at music and we don't, and we're not your homies... and we got more bling than you since we got more members...
*Jay Z pulls out a gun*
Jay Z:WANNA SAY DAT TO MAH FACE AGAIN BIG GUY?!
Linkin Park:Okay, Okay don't shoot, we'll do your stupid CD...

And that's how it happened in my friends world. I went,"Okay..." and moved on o.o
*Jay Z was sleeping while Chester pulled a knife on him*
^Okay, don't kill me for that...

Dark Fire:I know @_@ I thought it was kind of scary when I found out you were my updator... You could've sent a note saying,"SHADOW UMBREON... I AM YOUR UPDATOR" Like Darth Vader you know...

As you can see... I'm sort of feeling better...
But as soon as the funeral comes it's going to kill me o.o

charizard trainer #1
13th June 2005, 6:16 AM
Just saying this, but he's not going to get better :

But as soon as the funeral comes it's going to kill me o.o

Sorry to hear that SU- atleast you got your humour still- that is a good thing!

13th June 2005, 5:16 PM
I'm sorry about to hear about your family member, SU. Feel free to come back to the club anytime you want.

Sorry to hear that SU- atleast you got your humour still- that is a good thing!
Yes, that is a good thing. That's a nice little...LP/Jay-Z scene that you created.

Anyway, yeah...I hope they make a new CD soon, cuz it would be great.
Don't worry, they already are. Instead of saying "I hope they work on a new CD soon," why don't we all start ranting "I can't wait until their new CD comes out" instead!

While SU brought up the topic of Darth Vader (Star Wars) in the LP Club, I remembered seeing a little Star Wars Episode III video somewhere on the net (I can't remember where, though) that was like the video DF saw; it had LP playing in the background. I had one small problem with that, though; it was quite evident that the song was from Collision Course. *Shakes fist at Jay-Z*
*Gets gun pointed at him*
(lol, SU's little scene)

charizard trainer #1
15th June 2005, 11:43 AM
I'm sorry about to hear about your family member, SU. Feel free to come back to the club anytime you want.

Yes, that is a good thing. That's a nice little...LP/Jay-Z scene that you created.

Don't worry, they already are. Instead of saying "I hope they work on a new CD soon," why don't we all start ranting "I can't wait until their new CD comes out" instead!

While SU brought up the topic of Darth Vader (Star Wars) in the LP Club, I remembered seeing a little Star Wars Episode III video somewhere on the net (I can't remember where, though) that was like the video DF saw; it had LP playing in the background. I had one small problem with that, though; it was quite evident that the song was from Collision Course. *Shakes fist at Jay-Z*
*Gets gun pointed at him*
(lol, SU's little scene)

TWO THINGS
1. What do you mean by "JAY-z/Linkin Park scene" that i supposedly created?
2. Good to see S:C has humour- when i first came into this thread i seriously thought you were some bossy kid, who doesn't want to have fun, just boss people around. But after a while i got used to that (kidding, you proved me wrong). *No S:C, drop the gun, wait i...* CT drops dead instantly.

15th June 2005, 6:57 PM
1. What do you mean by "JAY-z/Linkin Park scene" that i supposedly created?
Sorry, I was actually talking to Shadow Umbreon.

2. Good to see S:C has humour- when i first came into this thread i seriously thought you were some bossy kid, who doesn't want to have fun, just boss people around. But after a while i got used to that (kidding, you proved me wrong). *No S:C, drop the gun, wait i...* CT drops dead instantly.
*Cracks up*

Anyways, adding some coherent material to the discussion, I just found out a bit more about Mike Shinoda's upcoming solo album.
1) So far it's been titled "The Rising Tied." (NOT to be mistaken with "The Rising Tide")
2) Some fans were complaining about the cursing in soe of the songs. It has attracted the interest of the "Parental Advisory" label, but Shinoda is planning on releasing a censored version of the album.

Shadow_Umbreon
15th June 2005, 7:11 PM
The scene I created...
And it's okay Jay-z... he wasn't insulting your mom... now back to therapy you go.
At least I still have my sense of humor eh? Believe me, my sense of humor has gotten me into plenty of fights XD I insulted this one guys favorite band by telling a joke and I got chased down the road by him. He was slow for 7th grade... I know I can't be that fast... or was it just motivation that kept me going. So really, I'm known to have a really bad sense of humor. XD
And of course S:C has a sense of humor! If he didn't he wouldn't be human o.o

Black Widow
17th June 2005, 5:50 AM
Onca again, I'm sorry about what happened SU. I know it hard.
To put things on a lighter, spammy note....
LIEK< I CNT WAIT T!LL TH3 N3W L31k, LPCD !5 0Ut.
erhrm....
...what?....stop staring.....

quote/ Leik, I can't wait till, like, the new LP CD comes out. like, gonna totally rock, galfriend.
Yeah, I just drank two 20 liters of Mt. Dew. Sorry I'm so hyper and spammy.
EDITL Wait, SU, are you saying S:C is from Earth? Oh, oopsies.

18th June 2005, 8:17 AM
EDITL Wait, SU, are you saying S:C is from Earth? Oh, oopsies.
[Sarcasm + made up stuff]No, that's not true. I'm a meta-form originating from Altair-4 in the Cassiopeian galaxy 350,000 light-years outside of the Milky Way.[/Sarcasm + Made up stuff]

Just to give y'all a heads up, I may not be here very often. See, the truth is that I'm on vacation right now. Have fun, guys.

charizard trainer #1
18th June 2005, 12:09 PM
O, see ya S:C... now we can flame S:C all we want now and when he comes back we'll delete all the posts. Let me start first:

"S:C has a brain, well you learn something everyday... must be the size of a pea pod" (joking).
Hey S:C, where you headin?

Shadow_Umbreon
18th June 2005, 11:18 PM
[Sarcasm + made up stuff]No, that's not true. I'm a meta-form originating from Altair-4 in the Cassiopeian galaxy 350,000 light-years outside of the Milky Way.[/Sarcasm + Made up stuff]

Just to give y'all a heads up, I may not be here very often. See, the truth is that I'm on vacation right now. Have fun, guys.
What the Hell are you talking about O_o;

And you are so lucky you're able to go somewhere. I want to travel back to Seattle so bad (I miss that one huge mall :(). But once I do, I get to bring my two best friends over with me and make them eat the most disgusting Seafood I can find (revenge).

I had... a mean, mean dream o.o
Six years have passed and my Grampa was still living. He had all these machines in his room to keep him alive and I couldn't go to school or anywhere for that matter because I was too busy making sure all the machines were still running.
One day, I finally snaped and went upstares and woke him up. I went on my knees in a sort of praying position and I said to him,"I LOVE YOU, BUT PLEASE DIE."
But what was really weird was after I said that it somehow went from my Grampa's room to the Wizard of Oz. On the Yellow Brick Road. And... it was... scary... very, very scary...

Gah, someone PM me. I'm bored, I want to talk to somebody, and I'm hyper (I never knew it was possible for me to drink 9 cans of Pepsi in one hour...hmm... mom's going to be so mad at me @_@).

Black Widow: S:C can't be as corrupted as me. I went running through the house today screaming,"YOUR DISCO, YOUR DISCO, YOUR DISCO NEEDS YOU!" And that's only 1/4 of it. Actually 1/8.
Ever since I ran into that pole in 4th grade, I've never been the same. In fact, if you go to my old elementry school now, you can still see the dent in the pole.

And a person said to me yesterday,'It's so sad that you only draw every-so-often. For 12, you're art is really good!' I cracked up. Half of the people who say that have NO idea what I draw. Not even my parents know exactly what I draw... Demons, blood, monsters, blood, giant fishies that'll eat you alive (Not Jeffery, Shadow_Fox XD), blood, more demons, blood, things that come from hell, blood, and did I mention blood?
Yes, if my family searched through my files, they'd think that I'm some sort of Satanist and have and exorcist come and chase the demon that's 'posessing' me away. Most of the time, believe it or not, I'm a depressed person who's usually angry at someone and if they annoy me I either take care of it myself or I get one of my friends to do it (example number one:Kid down the road tick me off. Kid down the road mock me. I punch kid down the road in the face. Kid down the road starts crying and I laugh my head off and leave).

So, there's my update. Just telling you that I live... and the funeral hasn't come yet...
Oh yeah, I've read through this post andI cant' tel lyouhouw myuch typosi"vef ound.

charizard trainer #1
19th June 2005, 10:11 AM
Well, Dah! The typos are plentiful after all S:C is the chairman and you know how bad his English is (kidding).

SU (i'm so used to calling you DU) are you sure that pole did more than just brain damage (if anything could be more)? Anyway i'm assuming its summer in the northern hemisphere so i guess you'll head down the beach. I'll be at a camp for some time (surfing camp) so i won't be here very often. so yah, continue talking.

Shadow_Umbreon
19th June 2005, 9:50 PM
SU (i'm so used to calling you DU) are you sure that pole did more than just brain damage (if anything could be more)? Anyway i'm assuming its summer in the northern hemisphere so i guess you'll head down the beach. I'll be at a camp for some time (surfing camp) so i won't be here very often. so yah, continue talking.
You know... it could've... but I'm smarter than some people. I think... wait, I can think? NO... WAY...
What is this beach in which you speak? In Idaho, there is no such thing as a beach (GAH, THERE'S NOTHING TO DO HERE IN IDAHO).

We're stuck with things called hiking and camping. And they suck because everytime I go camping a storm comes X_x and when I go hiking I always get hurt (I had to go hiking with a sprained ankle since Tyler made me sprain it. So after school when no one was around I saw Tyler. I limped over to him and smacked him saying,"YOU *****HOLE" and left...). When I went on a 8 mile hike with a sprained ankle.... it hurt so bad... and it was so hot too... until we found this small creek and I jumped in and started playing in the water. That was fun. Until I started sinking in the mud and got stuck. Marissa sat there and laughed and I pulled her in and started laughing at her. She was so mad at me... but it was REVENGE XD

I've looked at all my friends on the internet and counted how many girls I had for friends and how many boys I had for friends...
Oddly, I have more friends that are boys then girls... scary, scary, scary... scary.

20th June 2005, 5:11 AM
Guys, you've both been warned for going horribly off topic. At least try to include something coherent within your posts.

Shadow_Umbreon
20th June 2005, 5:16 AM
Okay then, back to Jay-Z sucks and he messed up everything! *thwacked*

Well he did >>;
Any news or anything?

20th June 2005, 5:21 AM
Yeah, there is, and (unfortunately for LP fans such as us), it involves LP performing with Jay-Z. LP has been confirmed for a performance at Live 8, but they will be playing at the Philadelphia branch instead of the Washington branch. AOL will WebCast the event. Jay-Z is also going to make an appearance there. Let's just pray that LP doesn't work in conjunction with him during their performances.

Shadow_Umbreon
20th June 2005, 5:44 AM
I refuse to pray since everytime I pray for something it always backfires on me... >>
Yes let's... you guys... pray that they won't work with... Jay-Z <== I need to make fun of his name...
I was chatting with my friend (linkinparkfrog1 in other words) today and it kind of went like this:
linkinparkfrog1:another person said to me, 'Why do you listen to a bunch of screaming people? You'll go deaf!'
TheFuzzyOne:You should've punched em.
linkinparkfrog1:I considered it. Believe me.
TheFuzzyOne:Okay, so make your point already...
linkinparkfrog1:My point is, have you realized how many people complain about them because they think they're screaming?
TheFuzzyOne:No, but I've been told that...
linkinparkfrog1:...by who?
TheFuzzyOne:Many, many people >>; Some on Serebii, some on UPN, some on DA...
linkinparkfrog1:... anyway, I'm sick and tired of everyone saying that about them! Chester has to let it out somehow!
TheFuzzyOne:Wha? Let what out??
linkinparkfrog1:Chester was abused when he was a child.

And I went, "OMG THAT'S SO SAD..."
So, what I'm wondering is, was he seriously abused? (was that little chat room conversation up there off topic?)

20th June 2005, 8:24 AM
So, what I'm wondering is, was he seriously abused?
I never knew that either, but it would make plenty of sense. I've always wondered why Chester always screamed on and on (not that I had a problem with it) about violence and emotions. Still, I remain a little skeptical. Where could your friend possibly have found out about something such as this?

(was that little chat room conversation up there off topic?)
You brought up a topic very well related to LP, so you're fine.

charizard trainer #1
20th June 2005, 10:54 AM
Actually i read somewhere that Chester was once sexually abused but not so serious like rape but either way it does make a person go crazy. Mike and Brad (part lead singer and lead guitarist) were apparently the cool kids who used to bully people back in primary school.

Off-topic... So what country are you visiting mr. S:C?

20th June 2005, 12:35 PM
Actually i read somewhere that Chester was once sexually abused but not so serious like rape but either way it does make a person go crazy. Mike and Brad (part lead singer and lead guitarist) were apparently the cool kids who used to bully people back in primary school.
That's quite a coincidence.

Off-topic... So what country are you visiting mr. S:C?
<Sarcasm>I prefer to be referred to by the title of "Doctor" rather than "Mr." </Sarcasm> I'm currently in a country relatively close to Australia compared to the U.S.A. I'm in the deep south of China, not too far from Hong Kong.

charizard trainer #1
20th June 2005, 12:48 PM
Just to add, Chester met Mike and Brad in like college.

I haven't been to China but i've been to Hong Kong- awesome place. Nice place and quite cheap actually. Japan, India and Sri Lanka are my favourite places in Asia. By the way are you having a tour around Asia?

Off topic (well above is off-topic)... this explains why i see you around at 8:35 on my watch. Generally your around 6:00 AM in the morning.

21st June 2005, 2:18 AM
By the way are you having a tour around Asia?
Not quite, but I will be going to Japan later.

Just to add, Chester met Mike and Brad in like college.
Mike and Joseph also met in college. It seems like there are a lot of bands that are formed from friendships going back to college.

charizard trainer #1
21st June 2005, 10:36 AM
You know, Joseph Hahn is homosexual i think because at the MTV awards last year Mike, LP's producer and Joseph when they won one of the awards he says he would have never done it without his partner and best friend "LP producer guy". Something to think about.

22nd June 2005, 6:28 AM
You know, Joseph Hahn is homosexual i think because at the MTV awards last year Mike, LP's producer and Joseph when they won one of the awards he says he would have never done it without his partner and best friend "LP producer guy". Something to think about.
I'm not exactly sure about that. I remember one of my friends saying something somewhere about Hahn's girlfriend, though I easily could have heard wrong since I was at a distance.

charizard trainer #1
22nd June 2005, 11:26 AM
Maybe Hahn meant something else... as in friend not boyfriend. I'll try to find out ok.

Black Widow
24th June 2005, 1:56 AM
Nah, Joe ain't gay. He says so on my DVD. Plus I heard somewhere about his girlfriend. Go check the LP forums, I think the band members occasionally get on. (!)

24th June 2005, 10:57 AM
Go check the LP forums, I think the band members occasionally get on.
That does happen a lot at the LP Association forums. Anyways, LP fans, hold your excitement. MTV, mtvU, and VH1 have confirmed that they will be broadcasting the American branch of Live 8 on July 2nd when it takes place in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, U.S.A. Is anyone excited about this? I am, since I couldn't get tickets but definitely have access to MTV here in China.

Black Widow
25th June 2005, 6:25 AM
I hate VH1, so I'll watch it on MTV. I wish Fuse would show it. =/

charizard trainer #1
25th June 2005, 6:55 AM
Serious, excellent. I can watch it on MTV. I agree with Black widow, i prefer MTV too.

Black Widow
29th June 2005, 5:45 AM
VH1 is too rappy. >:l

30th June 2005, 11:07 AM
That's basically what VH1 is built on: Rap, rap, and rap. I'm not even sure if I'll be able to see it since I don't know what time it will be here in China when it's playing in Philly, but I know for sure I'll go the MTV way if I can catch it.

Black Widow
30th June 2005, 8:37 PM
VH1=Too rappy.
MTV/MTV2:Too many f*cking reality shows!!
HOW ABOUT SOME GOD DAMN MUSIC? THAT IS WHAT THE NAME "MUSIC TELEVISION" IS IMPLYING, AM I CORRECT?
Please excuse this latest outburst of arachnid proportions.

But, yeah. I am watching it on MTV/2. =D

Shadow_Umbreon
1st July 2005, 5:01 AM
*gasp* I live... OMG, t3h horror...

I never knew that either, but it would make plenty of sense. I've always wondered why Chester always screamed on and on (not that I had a problem with it) about violence and emotions. Still, I remain a little skeptical. Where could your friend possibly have found out about something such as this?
When I said my friends were serious Linkin Park fans, I meant it. I have no idea where the hell she gets all her info, but most of the time she's right.

MTV, MTV, MTV... it's called Fuse people *thwacked*
^okay, I'll shut up. I seriously don't watch MTV and I've watched Fuse (and I admit, it wasn't bad) at Tammy's house. Tammy is obsessed with Fuse...

And some dolts at a forum said Linkin Park was punk -.-;
[sarcasticthingthat'snotfunnyandnottobetakenserious ly]Tell me Black Widow, do you think Linkin Park is punk? What about you S:C? I think they are so punk that... they're punk.[/sarcasticthingthat'snotfunnyandnottobetakenserious ly]

Excuse me now, I need to gourge Tammy's eyes out because she keeps pestering me on how I've never been to a concert.

charizard trainer #1
1st July 2005, 5:38 AM
*gasp* I live... OMG, t3h horror...

When I said my friends were serious Linkin Park fans, I meant it. I have no idea where the hell she gets all her info, but most of the time she's right.

MTV, MTV, MTV... it's called Fuse people *thwacked*
^okay, I'll shut up. I seriously don't watch MTV and I've watched Fuse (and I admit, it wasn't bad) at Tammy's house. Tammy is obsessed with Fuse...

And some dolts at a forum said Linkin Park was punk -.-;
[sarcasticthingthat'snotfunnyandnottobetakenserious ly]Tell me Black Widow, do you think Linkin Park is punk? What about you S:C? I think they are so punk that... they're punk.[/sarcasticthingthat'snotfunnyandnottobetakenserious ly]

Excuse me now, I need to gourge Tammy's eyes out because she keeps pestering me on how I've never been to a concert.

Linkin Park is punk, just like Green Day is rap and Nirvana was classical music. Hey dolt at the LP forum pass here the thing you smokin.

Who's Tammy?

Shadow_Umbreon
1st July 2005, 5:43 AM
Linkin Park is punk, just like Green Day is rap and Nirvana was classical music. Hey dolt at the LP forum pass here the thing you smokin.

Who's Tammy?
EDITS:I CHANGE MY STATEMENT! My friend has very kindly written to me why Linkin Park is not Punk. She wrote it because you people should all know I can't do these serious things without joking about them. Before you ask,'WHO IS CHAOTICBLACK...' I'll give you a cookie if you can figure out who she is.

An Exhaustingly Written Explanation Detailing Why Linkin Park is NOT Punk

Written by the ďgodlyĒ ChaoticBlack

Please note that this explanation was purely written as an answer to a request from a friend. My explanations are not perfect and are simply my honest opinion.

I, as a loyal fan of Linkin Park, hereby state my reasons for contradicting the following statement: Linkin Park is punk. For as long as I can remember, the majority of the people in the music industry have always claimed Linkin Park in the genre of nu-metal. Nu-metal is described as rock music combined with a touch of hip hop/rap. I personally think this portrays Linkin Park music very well since they have Mike Shinoda, who is a MC, doing rap within some of their songs. Punk, on the other hand, is commonly described as music that opposes politics, government, religion, or any other powerful force. Punk music may also contain lyrics about anarchy or demolition et cetera. Many say punk music does NOT contain lyrics that sing about how sorrowful oneís life is, losing a lover, or anything else that is depressing. Almost all of Linkin Park music is gloomy, hateful, or mournful.
I will admit that I know only a small amount of information on punk music, but I am positive that Linkin Park is not a true punk band. From what I have read, these are the bands that are considered TRUE punk: The Ramones, Sex Pistols, Rancid, et cetera. It is debatable whether bands such as Green Day and Simple Plan are punk though.
In conclusion, Linkin Park IS NOT punk. Enough said, I have spent sufficient time in writing this argument. Whether you agree with me or not is up to you.

Good day to you.
There, an explanation. You're all going to sue me now.

2nd July 2005, 1:53 AM
I can tell you that Linkin Park isn't punk in the least way. That happens the day Jay-Z fails to totally jack with the success of an LP/Jay-Z track, which I rest assured we all know will not happen, at least easily.

Before you ask,'WHO IS CHAOTICBLACK...' I'll give you a cookie if you can figure out who she is.
You told me she was Tammy. ell oh ell

HOW ABOUT SOME GOD DAMN MUSIC? THAT IS WHAT THE NAME "MUSIC TELEVISION" IS IMPLYING, AM I CORRECT?
You're correct about what it used to be. Not too long ago it actually was devoted to music, though I do have to admit I liked Jackass (The show) a lot.

Black Widow
2nd July 2005, 4:21 AM
wht r u guys talcinbout, course Lpee 1s punk...!!111!11!!
EDIT: I'm watching Live 8 right now. Its awsome, except for the fact Elton John played.

Shadow_Fox
3rd July 2005, 2:14 AM
Hey, sorry i havent really been posting, ive been on vacation the past month or so and my uncle dosent like me on his computer. But im back now... Yay.
Linkin Park is so not punk... Im not sure where to classify them, but it is not punk in the least. i dont think they have a real group thing, theyre just LP... Nu-Metal is prolly the most reasonable group i can think of.

~

Shadow_Umbreon
3rd July 2005, 4:44 AM
You told me she was Tammy. ell oh ell
Well of course you know XD

wht r u guys talcinbout, course Lpee 1s punk...!!111!11!!
0MG, l31k, 1m s0 g1@d y0u @gr33 w1t m3h!! 1t 1$ $0 0b\/10u$ eLPee 1$h t3h punk!!!oneeleven!!
Yeah, whatever >>;

I went to Idaho Falls... and went to Circut City... :') It was... ORGANIZED... *sniff* It was amazing *cries in a corner*
And we almost got killed in Wal Mart. Again. Why do people in Idaho even bother to drive...

Nu-Metal... I didn't know it was spelt like that O_O Hm...

a week in kanto
3rd July 2005, 5:07 AM
hey everybody can I join my favorite songs are

1.In the end
2.braking the habbit(My favorite)
3.Numb
4.Crawling
5.One step closer

Black Widow
3rd July 2005, 6:35 AM
PM S:C about it. He's on vacation though, so you won't be a member for a little while.
Go to the first page and read the rules please.
EDIT:
SU, 1 hpe ur n0t be1ng s@rc@5t1c, cuzz eLpEE ish t0t@ll33 pnk. 37 0 37.

charizard trainer #1
3rd July 2005, 7:27 AM
Nice explanation provided, Shadow Umbreon. For the record SU, i don't think LP is punk- i listen and breathe punk music (its my favourite type of music).

3rd July 2005, 11:35 AM
Well of course you know XD
Where's my cookie? *Holds you at gunpoint* Oh wait, now I'm imitating Jay-Z. (Whoops)

PM S:C about it. He's on vacation though, so you won't be a member for a little while.
No, I can come on very frequently. Basically that means to ignore my earlier comments of possibly being gone.

For the record SU, i don't think LP is punk- i listen and breathe punk music (its my favourite type of music).
That's why you listen to Green Day.</sarcasm>

Anyways, did any of you get to watch Live 8? I know Black Widow already has, or at least part of it. I got to the LP performance and through all of the concert starting from when I watched. If you missed it, you can still get it at AOL.com.

Shadow_Umbreon
3rd July 2005, 6:02 PM
Where's my cookie? *Holds you at gunpoint* Oh wait, now I'm imitating Jay-Z. (Whoops)
*tries to give cookie* NO, I can't do it ;_; It's my cookie, ALL MINE!! *runs off*

Anyways, did any of you get to watch Live 8? I know Black Widow already has, or at least part of it. I got to the LP performance and through all of the concert starting from when I watched. If you missed it, you can still get it at AOL.com.
Ugh, like I could ;_; everyone was so busy and the TV was taken... but thank god for AOL :P
Still need to see it though...

Okay, now I've just got to pay Tammy $20 and tell her she did a good job on the explanation...

SU, 1 hpe ur n0t be1ng s@rc@5t1c, cuzz eLpEE ish t0t@ll33 pnk. 37 0 37.
Are you okay? @_@

EDIT:And happy 4th of July to those of you that get fireworks.

Black Widow
11th July 2005, 10:50 PM
1'm t0t3rl33 f1n3, was rng w1f u?

erm....okay, I have my grammar back.
I saw Live8 and it SUCKED

12th July 2005, 1:19 PM
I saw Live8 and it SUCKED
I'm actually going to have to agree with that. Most of it was bad, though the LP part was okay.

Black Widow
12th July 2005, 7:29 PM
I didn't even see LP play, damn it.

charizard trainer #1
15th July 2005, 7:10 AM
Yah, Live 8 did suck big time, I didn't see the Linkin Park performance (probably why it sucked). But i guess the LP performance was good.

Shadow_Umbreon
15th July 2005, 7:40 AM
Well, my computer wouldn't allow me to download live 8 for some reason... so I never got to see LP or anything :/

charizard trainer #1
15th July 2005, 8:25 AM
I watched live8 on tv.
SU, what site did you try to download it on?

Black Widow
16th July 2005, 5:50 PM
k guys, this thread and my pair are the only reasons I atill come here, so try to keep this club active, for the sake of BW. ^^;

If you tried to download Live8 from anywhere other than MTV.com or vh1.com then it won't work.

charizard trainer #1
17th July 2005, 6:33 AM
Alright BW, i will atleast.The site has gotten a little boring- this thread is what kept me here ever since it started till around february.

Hey it looks like me and SU have had a warning/biff. The thing is i don't remember having a warning... S:C explain? Gets out a hand gun and places it on S:C's forehead.

What songs did LP sing? I guess 'Numb' and 'In the end' and maybe 'Somewhere i Belong'.

Black Widow
18th July 2005, 12:26 AM
I didn't see them play either so.....

Shadow_Umbreon
21st July 2005, 1:25 AM
Well, that explains why I couldn't download it :/ I tried to download it on AOL (I never liked AOL...)
But I don't want to anyway, my computer's about to die and the last time I downloaded something on a computer that was about to die it crashed. And I would be very sad if this thing crashed since I have a lot of crap saved on here that would take me forever to find/save ;0;

k guys, this thread and my pair are the only reasons I atill come here, so try to keep this club active, for the sake of BW. ^^;
Yes, yes, we shall tries o.o
Well, you guys, I might leave Serebii x_x; The only reason I haven't left yet is because I have friends here... but I will leave again if I get bored >>

Yay! None of us saw LP play! Let's celebrate! *everybody gives her a strange and angry look*
o__o I was kidding >>;

But anyway, any LP news or anything? X_X;

EDIT:I've decided I'm leaving the forums :/ Partially because I can't stand this place anymore. I'll be around a while longer only until FB allows home board changes again, but as soon as I change my home board to UPN I'm gone. I guess if any of you really need to contact me your best bet would be the UPNetwork forums, but who would want to talk to me? :p

25th July 2005, 1:57 AM
I hope to see you back someday, then, SU. Until then, farewell. ct1, you and SU were talking about camping at one point and what you did on your vacations. I think it was somewhere around page 14.

I've decided to relax entry policy into the club. I figured that's why no one has decided to join for awhile. Maybe this experiment will work, and maybe it won't. Who knows yet.

All of a sudden I'm reminded of a rumor that surfaced before Live8 the suggested that Kanye West and LP might work together at Live8. Wonder how it would've been if that had happened. *Thinks of Jay-Z outrage*