PDA

View Full Version : 4th Gen OU (im new so dont all of a sudden downplay me)

cmeks
20th May 2012, 9:01 PM
Hey guys, im new to OU and all that stuff and in the recent month i had wanted to play competitively online. I looked up a bunch of pokemon and chose pokemon that i felt best suited my personality and play style. Also note that i am also VERY new to EVs and chose pretty basic EV spreads or took some spreads from smogon. Also, i was VERY new to IVs and wasnt really that experienced in IV spreads and stuff like that so some of my pokemon may or may not have good IVs but i did breed them correctly. Anyways, heres my team.

Bronzong @ Leftovers
Ability: Heatproof
Nature: Sassy
EVs: 252 HP / 84 ATK / 80 DEF / 92 SpD
Moveset:
Stealth Rock
Gyro Ball
Payback
Earthquake
Bronzong was ment to be my physical wall but so far it has done well for both physical and special. However, i have blissey for the special wall so Bronzong is left in the shadow as my physical/mixed wall now. He has stealth rock just in case my lead has his stealth rock countered by rapid spin.

Blissey @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
Nature: Bold
EVs: 252 HP / 252 DEF / 6 Spe
Moveset:
Flamethrower
Toxic
Softboiled
(not yet determined)
Blissey is of course my special wall. And a counter to the ever frequent scizors seen in OU. What i plan to do with blissey is to switch in on a Special Attacker and use either toxic or flamethrower depending on who i think is going to switch in. If scizor switches in, i will try to predict it with flamethrower. Any other pokemon, i just use toxic.

Mamoswine @ Focus Sash (lead)
Ability: Oblivious ( I know, its bad but i was too lazy to breed another)
Nature: Jolly
EVs: 252 ATK / 252 Spe / 6 DEF
Moveset:
Stealth Rock
Earthquake
Ice Shard
Stone Edge
Mamoswine, while very weak at times due to many shortcomings with his typing has been one of my strongest pokemon when able to use an attack. Mostly though, i plan on using stealth rock then ice shard before mamoswine is blown to pieces.

Gengar @ Life Orb/Choice Specs/Choice Scarf
Ability: Levitate
Nature: Modest
EVs: 252 SP.ATk / 252 Spe / 6 DEF
Moveset:
Thunderbolt
Focus Blast
Explosion
Shadow Ball
Not hard to guess, Gengar is my special sweeper

Heracross @ Choice Band/Toxic Orb/Flame Orb
Ability: Guts
EVs: 252 ATK / 252 Spe / 6 HP
Moveset:
Swords Dance
Close Combat
Aerial Ace
Megahorn
Heracross is my physical sweeper

Gyrados @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
Nature: Adamant
EVs: 156 HP / 72 ATK / 96 DEF / 184 Spe
Moveset:
Stone Edge
Waterfall
Dragon Dance
Taunt
Gyrados is ment as a sort of bulky switch in to any person im having trouble with. The point to my gyrados is to switch in on someone he can tank off of and use dragon dance 1-2 times then start sweeping.

Please Rate my team and give me feedback on what to do/change

wolf king
20th May 2012, 9:22 PM
Hey guys, im new to OU and all that stuff and in the recent month i had wanted to play competitively online. I looked up a bunch of pokemon and chose pokemon that i felt best suited my personality and play style. Also note that i am also VERY new to EVs and chose pretty basic EV spreads or took some spreads from smogon. Also, i was VERY new to IVs and wasnt really that experienced in IV spreads and stuff like that so some of my pokemon may or may not have good IVs but i did breed them correctly. Anyways, heres my team.

Bronzong @ Leftovers
Ability: Heatproof
Nature: Sassy
EVs: 252 HP / 84 ATK / 80 DEF / 92 SpD
Moveset:
Stealth Rock
Gyro Ball
Payback
Earthquake

Blissey @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
Nature: Bold
EVs: 252 HP / 252 DEF / 6 Spe
Moveset:
Flamethrower/wish
Toxic
Softboiled
(not yet determined)/seismic toss

Mamoswine @ Focus Sash (lead)
Ability: Oblivious ( I know, its bad but i was too lazy to breed another)Ain't oblivious better than snow cloak for this team?, you don't have hail.
EVs: 252 ATK / 252 Spe / 6 DEF
Moveset:
Stealth Rock
Earthquake
Ice Shard
Stone Edge

Gengar -
Hypnosis
Dream Eater
Confuse Rays
Nightmare
Hold Item - Big root
/Life orb
Ability - Levitate
Nature - Timid
(that's what i use anyway)i'd deffo keep confuse ray on him though, i think he works better as a annoyer.

Heracross @ Choice Band/Toxic Orb/Flame Orb
Ability: Guts
EVs: 252 ATK / 252 Spe / 6 HP
Moveset:
Swords Dance
Close Combat
Aerial Ace
Megahorn

Gyrados @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
Nature: Adamant
EVs: 156 HP / 72 ATK / 96 DEF / 184 Spe
Moveset:
Stone Edge/roar
Waterfall
Dragon Dance/Sleep Talk
Taunt/Rest

Once you get stealth rock in place, sleeptalk roar will mix things up a bit, and waterfall will do some decent damage too, maybe even get a flinch.
Please Rate my team and give me feedback on what to do/change
comments in bold in quote.

cmeks
21st May 2012, 1:29 AM
could you tell me how to get wish on blissey? I heard it was an event move and im not anywhere near a place where i can get an event blissey with wish

wolf king
21st May 2012, 8:16 AM
could you tell me how to get wish on blissey? I heard it was an event move and im not anywhere near a place where i can get an event blissey with wish
your right it's a event move. :/. You could use heal bell/Aromatherapy instead, but those are both egg moves. Healing wish is another option (learned at lv 50)

BigMoney
21st May 2012, 11:50 PM
Why do you have aerial ace on Heracross?

.::Escalator::.
22nd May 2012, 3:05 AM
Lead Machamp can easily 6-0 this team.
You're also ill-equipped to deal with Starmie, Jirachi, Empoleon, &c. There's probably more but those were the first thing I saw after a quick glance. I recommend play-testing before coming back.

cmeks
22nd May 2012, 3:19 AM
Well this was the team i beat my friends with haha. And i did a lot of reading up on this site and smogon and found many flaws in my team. Im probably just gonna spend the summer redoing my team. And probably just actio replaying the legendaries haha. If a mod could lock this thread that would be awesome

Gamefreak
22nd May 2012, 5:59 PM
Locked upon request.