PDA

View Full Version : Possible White 2 Team

Pokemon Trainer FireRed
24th May 2012, 4:32 PM
I plan to build my team on my current White version and trade eggs over to my White 2 as soon as trading is possible, then hatch the eggs and train and use this team for the remainder of the game. I'm not sure yet what non 5th gen pokes are in the region dex and I don't want any ??? entries in my pokedex so I'm using all 5th gen pokes. I also don't want to use any moves that aren't attacks, since this is in game only I feel like buffs are a turn I could have spent attacking.

Frillish
Cursed Body
Modest

-Psychic/Sludge Wave
-Shadowball
-Energy Ball
-Surf

Sigilyph
Magic Guard
Modest

-Ice Beam
-Psychic
-Flash Cannon
-Ancientpower

Rufflet
Sheer Force
Adamant

-Aerial Ace/Brave Bird when it becomes Braviary
-Rock Slide/U-turn/Return
-Shadow Claw
-Rock Smash/Superpower when it becomes Braviary

Stunfisk Thinking of replacing with either Deerling or Bouffalant
Static
Modest

-Thunderbolt
-Sludge Wave
-Scald
-Earth Power

Deino
Hustle
Modest

-Dragon Pulse
-Incinerate/Flamethrower when it's Hydreigon
-Dark Pulse
-Earth Power

Larvesta
Flame Body
Modest

-Bug Bite/Bug Buzz when it's Volcarona
-Flame Charge/Flamethrower when it's Volcarona
-Acrobatics/Psychic when it's Volcarona
-Wild Charge/??? when it's Volcarona

This is the third draft and I'm open to any and all suggestions within the guidelines I have already stated. I'm aware I will have to level up to get some of these moves and breed for others. Please keep in mind as well that this team will only be used within the game, not against any human opponents.

Thank You for your time and future suggestions.

Aurath8
24th May 2012, 6:42 PM
Cryogonal
Mild
-Ice Beam
-Flash Cannon
-Reflect
-Light Screen

Cryogoal has a pitiful attack. It's only usable moves apart from Ice Beam Flash Cannon and Hidden Power are Dual Screens. It's fast and has good Spdef so it can be a good team player.

Once, your Rufflet evolves, use Superpower over Rock Smash.

Scald > Flash on Stunfisk. It's rarely a good idea to lower you're opponents stats when you can just hit it.

Use Night Slash/Shadow Claw over Thunder Fang. They pairs very well with Superpower.

I prefer Hammer Arm over Superpower on Tepig. It doesn't lower your offensive stats. Once it evolves use Wild Charge over Strength and Scald over Magnitude for better coverage.

Next time post what you plan for your final team. It's not against the rules, but it means we can know exactly what you want from each pokemon.

Aura Sensei™
24th May 2012, 10:48 PM
Emboar @Expert Belt
Mild l Blaze
• Flamethrower
• Brick Break
• Scald
• Wild Charge

davidchu
24th May 2012, 11:01 PM
Just like Aurawarrior8 said, get something other than Flash.
The in-game strategy is HIT AND OHKO, sometimes with a self status boost at the beginning.
Making the opponent's stat lower is just letting the opponent have a free turn.

And, don't let Druddigon have Superpower. Unless you're sure it will KO the opponent without STAB, it is a very risky move.

otherwise, the whole team is made for killing, which I think is good in-game. You'll probably beat the game no problem.

Pokemon Trainer FireRed
25th May 2012, 12:07 AM
@ Aurawarrior8-
Thank you for all the great suggestions! The original post has been edited to reflect these.

@Aura Sensai-
Why Flamethrower over Flare Blitz?
I actually like Hammer Arm over Brick Break, it does more damage

@davidchu-
What would you suggest over Superpower on Druddigon?

davidchu
25th May 2012, 12:18 AM
@davidchu-
What would you suggest over Superpower on Druddigon?

Revenge. With -4 priority, you're almost sure to hit with 120 power, unless the NPC does something stupid like rain dance or something. Plus, if the opponent hits you with a physical move, rough skin will damage it. You're defenses are pretty good too.

If you don't need the fighting STAB, Earthquake is definitely considerable. Except for its tendency to get in the way in double battles, Earthquake should always be considered.

(BTW I like how you actually update your post unlike some other newbies)

Pokemon Trainer FireRed
25th May 2012, 12:35 AM
Revenge. With -4 priority, you're almost sure to hit with 120 power, unless the NPC does something stupid like rain dance or something. Plus, if the opponent hits you with a physical move, rough skin will damage it. You're defenses are pretty good too.

If you don't need the fighting STAB, Earthquake is definitely considerable. Except for its tendency to get in the way in double battles, Earthquake should always be considered.

(BTW I like how you actually update your post unlike some other newbies)
I seem to have fighting covered so I went with Earthquake, I don't do too many double and triple battles except the ones the game forces you to do and there is usually a healing station of some kind nearby. I update my post so I can keep up with the end result. I don't understand how people can build the final build if they don't keep up with the changes they liked.
(BTW I updated the post to reflect Earthquake)

chap196
25th May 2012, 12:05 PM
For Stunfisk
Hidden Power Ice instead of Sludge Wave on Stunfisk because it give you more coverage even Sludge Wave have more power, also not many Pokemon can resist both Ice and Electric type move. My recommend item is Leftover because it make Stunfisk more harder to defeat by gaining Stunfisk HP every turn.

Pokemon Trainer FireRed
25th May 2012, 4:00 PM
For Stunfisk
Hidden Power Ice instead of Sludge Wave on Stunfisk because it give you more coverage even Sludge Wave have more power, also not many Pokemon can resist both Ice and Electric type move. My recommend item is Leftover because it make Stunfisk more harder to defeat by gaining Stunfisk HP every turn.

How do I make sure it gets the hidden power I want, and is it worth the effort for an in game only team?

davidchu
25th May 2012, 9:04 PM
How do I make sure it gets the hidden power I want, and is it worth the effort for an in game only team?

you either RNG (which is manipulating the game's random number generator to get the pokemon with the stats, shininess... you want)
or
"sheer, dumb luck." quote McGonagall

Pokemon Trainer FireRed
25th May 2012, 11:23 PM
you either RNG (which is manipulating the game's random number generator to get the pokemon with the stats, shininess... you want)
or
"sheer, dumb luck." quote McGonagall

Doesn't sound like it's worth the effort, I tried out this team on my White and wiped the floor with the e4

chap196
26th May 2012, 3:24 AM
Hidden Power is about IV and if you want to know how Hidden Power work, then go to www.serebii.net/games/hidden-power.shtml or go to www.serebii.net and search Hidden Power in the search section. If you want to know what is your Hidden Power type, then go to Mistralton City and there was a man inside the pokemon centre who can check your Pokemon Hidden Power type, however he cannot check Hidden Power base power.
Hope this help

justinjiaxinghu
26th May 2012, 11:35 AM
I think your team is pretty good, and that you will TOTALLY send those in-game trainers (gym leaders, Elite Four, Cheren, etc.) flying.

Pokemon Trainer FireRed
26th May 2012, 3:35 PM
Hidden Power is about IV and if you want to know how Hidden Power work, then go to www.serebii.net/games/hidden-power.shtml or go to www.serebii.net and search Hidden Power in the search section. If you want to know what is your Hidden Power type, then go to Mistralton City and there was a man inside the pokemon centre who can check your Pokemon Hidden Power type, however he cannot check Hidden Power base power.
Hope this help

Thanks, after reading that, I think I'm gonna stick with Sludge Wave, it has a higher base damage and is much easier to work with when I'm breeding eggs

chap196
26th May 2012, 3:58 PM
Even Sludge Wave has higher base power, Hidden Power Ice give more coverage which is more important, but if you found out it is too hard to get the right Hidden Power type, then keep Sludge Wave or use Toxic instead to badly poison your opponent Pokemon which is very annoying, also Stunfisk is a good Toxic-Staller. Sludge Wave also help you to kill Grass Type Pokemon which Earth Power, Scald and Thunderbolt are all not very effective to Grass, Hidden Power Ice also kill Grass type Pokemon, but Hidden Power Ice give more coverage.

davidchu
26th May 2012, 5:09 PM
Even Sludge Wave has higher base power, Hidden Power Ice give more coverage which is more important, but if you found out it is too hard to get the right Hidden Power type, then keep Sludge Wave or use Toxic instead to badly poison your opponent Pokemon which is very annoying, also Stunfisk is a good Toxic-Staller. Sludge Wave also help you to kill Grass Type Pokemon which Earth Power, Scald and Thunderbolt are all not very effective to Grass, Hidden Power Ice also kill Grass type Pokemon, but Hidden Power Ice give more coverage.

It's in-game, so don't give Stunfisk Toxic unless you're sure that it can't kill anything (which I'm sure it can)

chap196
27th May 2012, 3:07 AM
Just use Toxic only when you are fighting strong trainer in in-game, otherwise just use Sludge Wave to give Stunfisk 1 type coverage, but it is Grass, so it will be useful.

Pokemon Trainer FireRed
27th May 2012, 6:41 PM
I'm thinking of switching out Druddigon for Deino, what do you guys think? This is the setup I'd use for it

Deino
Hustle
Modest

-Dragon Pulse
-???/Flamethrower when it's Hydreigon
-Dark Pulse
-Earth Power

Also, instead of Tepig

Larvesta
Flame Body
Modest

-Wild Charge

I'm also considering switching out Cryogonal and Stunfisk, but I haven't figured out with what. Also I've updated Rufflet to reflect the possibililty of Shadow Claw instead of U-turn. I know I want a good Ice, Electric, and Steel move in there and I've decided the movesets need to be all attacks. I don't care about buffs for an in game team.

davidchu
27th May 2012, 11:52 PM
Also, instead of Tepig

Larvesta
Flame Body
Quiet

-Bug Buzz
-Flamethrower
-Acrobatics/Aerial Ace when it's Volcarona
-Wild Charge

NOOOOO!!!
that set is awful
awful I tell you!!! (ok I'm calm now)
Larvesta, the pre-evolution of Volcarona is attack based
Volcarona, the one you'd want to use, is special attack based
VERY VERY DIFFERENT
Larvesta evolves at Lv.59, so it'll take a long time
here is the set to use before it evolves (notice: it does NOT have moves that it learns afterwards)

Larvesta
? Nature, Flame Body
- Flame Charge
- U-turn/Bug Bite
- Wild Charge
- Acrobatics/Overheat

Flame Charge is Larvesta's main physical STAB, and pretty much the only one it can use, unless you want to level it to 100 (NOT SUGGESTED).
U-turn is the suggested Bug STAB, though Bug Bite is only a bit weaker if you don't want to switch out.
Wild Charge is just a nice TM to take advantage of.
Acrobatics is the same as above. Overheat is here because of its crazy power, and the fact that spe.atk lowering means nothing to Larvesta. However, your spe.atk isn't high.

Volcarona @Leftovers/Shell Bell
Modest (if you won't use Larvesta in battle) Nature, Flame Body
- Flamethrower/Fiery Dance
- Bug Buzz
- Quiver Dance
- Hurricane/Psychic/Morning Sun/Hidden Power Grass?

Flamethrower and Fiery Dance both abuse Volcarona's super high spe.atk, and Fiery Dance's 2ndary effect is just crazy. However, I don't really like to lvl 100, so Flamethrower is fine.
Bug Buzz is STAB.
Quiver Dance is another move that Volcarona just HAPPENS to have, boosting its Spe.atk, Spe.def and speed at the same time. Definitely keep it.
Hurricane is just a strong move. Make sure that missing won't kill Volcarona though.
Psychic is just a nice TM.
Morning Sun is for restoring HP, but you shouldn't use it unless you're in the sun, because Volcarona is frail Physical-wise.
Hidden Power Grass is for killing Water types and Rock types, both a bad enemy of Volcarona's. However, as you stated before, RNG is annoying, and ppl hardly ever get lucky. Personally, this is in-game. Just switch out when you see those types = =.

hope this helped!

Pokemon Trainer FireRed
28th May 2012, 12:32 AM
NOOOOO!!!
that set is awful
awful I tell you!!! (ok I'm calm now)
Larvesta, the pre-evolution of Volcarona is attack based
Volcarona, the one you'd want to use, is special attack based
VERY VERY DIFFERENT
Larvesta evolves at Lv.59, so it'll take a long time
here is the set to use before it evolves (notice: it does NOT have moves that it learns afterwards)

Larvesta
? Nature, Flame Body
- Flame Charge
- U-turn/Bug Bite
- Wild Charge
- Acrobatics/Overheat

Flame Charge is Larvesta's main physical STAB, and pretty much the only one it can use, unless you want to level it to 100 (NOT SUGGESTED).
U-turn is the suggested Bug STAB, though Bug Bite is only a bit weaker if you don't want to switch out.
Wild Charge is just a nice TM to take advantage of.
Acrobatics is the same as above. Overheat is here because of its crazy power, and the fact that spe.atk lowering means nothing to Larvesta. However, your spe.atk isn't high.

Volcarona @Leftovers/Shell Bell
Modest (if you won't use Larvesta in battle) Nature, Flame Body
- Flamethrower/Fiery Dance
- Bug Buzz
- Quiver Dance
- Hurricane/Psychic/Morning Sun/Hidden Power Grass?

Flamethrower and Fiery Dance both abuse Volcarona's super high spe.atk, and Fiery Dance's 2ndary effect is just crazy. However, I don't really like to lvl 100, so Flamethrower is fine.
Bug Buzz is STAB.
Quiver Dance is another move that Volcarona just HAPPENS to have, boosting its Spe.atk, Spe.def and speed at the same time. Definitely keep it.
Hurricane is just a strong move. Make sure that missing won't kill Volcarona though.
Psychic is just a nice TM.
Morning Sun is for restoring HP, but you shouldn't use it unless you're in the sun, because Volcarona is frail Physical-wise.
Hidden Power Grass is for killing Water types and Rock types, both a bad enemy of Volcarona's. However, as you stated before, RNG is annoying, and ppl hardly ever get lucky. Personally, this is in-game. Just switch out when you see those types = =.

hope this helped!

I agree except for Quiver Dance. It's a very good buff, but it's still a turn I could have attacked. I edited the post to reflect the changes. Is Larvesta a better choice than Tepig? Also what did you think of trading Druddigon for Deino?

davidchu
28th May 2012, 1:33 AM
I agree except for Quiver Dance. It's a very good buff, but it's still a turn I could have attacked. I edited the post to reflect the changes. Is Larvesta a better choice than Tepig? Also what did you think of trading Druddigon for Deino?

Oh well, it's ingame anyway. Still, no Wild Charge. Volcarona is not a mix attacker. It is purely special based.
Yes, Larvesta is better than Tepig. (when it evolves, that is) Emboar doesn't have good enough speed to make use of its attacks, something Volcarona does very well.
And Deino is a good trade also. Hydreigon is a pseudo-legendary, with a large special movepool to abuse. However, it will take a long time to evolve, something that you should note.

Pokemon Trainer FireRed
28th May 2012, 2:38 AM
Oh well, it's ingame anyway. Still, no Wild Charge. Volcarona is not a mix attacker. It is purely special based.
Yes, Larvesta is better than Tepig. (when it evolves, that is) Emboar doesn't have good enough speed to make use of its attacks, something Volcarona does very well.
And Deino is a good trade also. Hydreigon is a pseudo-legendary, with a large special movepool to abuse. However, it will take a long time to evolve, something that you should note.

I know they will both take quite awhile to evolve, but they should be evolved by e4 which is when those evolutions will be needed most. I updated my original post to reflect the changes and I'm keeping Wild Charge for Larvesta, but I'm open to changing it when it becomes Volcarona, it has to be an attack though. I'd use buffs if I were battling a human opponent because they can sometimes mean the difference between winning and losing, but in game trainers are kinda stupid anyway so I figure full on attack is the way to go. I will EV train my team but haven't decided which EVs to put where. I'll also use items as they become available. The reason I didn't post the team with items is that I don't know when within the storyline I'll get certain ones and if I'm thinking correctly, certain items are only obtainable after e4.

davidchu
28th May 2012, 2:46 AM
I know they will both take quite awhile to evolve, but they should be evolved by e4 which is when those evolutions will be needed most. I updated my original post to reflect the changes and I'm keeping Wild Charge for Larvesta, but I'm open to changing it when it becomes Volcarona, it has to be an attack though. I'd use buffs if I were battling a human opponent because they can sometimes mean the difference between winning and losing, but in game trainers are kinda stupid anyway so I figure full on attack is the way to go. I will EV train my team but haven't decided which EVs to put where. I'll also use items as they become available. The reason I didn't post the team with items is that I don't know when within the storyline I'll get certain ones and if I'm thinking correctly, certain items are only obtainable after e4.

well yeah it's white 2 so you'll never know
you can change wild charge to psychic when you evolve, but according to my experience, i never use it much
if you want to EV train in-game, I usually go for the kill, as in 252 speed + 252 main way of attack (physical or special), and the other 4 EVs personally don't matter

Pokemon Trainer FireRed
28th May 2012, 2:55 AM
well yeah it's white 2 so you'll never know
you can change wild charge to psychic when you evolve, but according to my experience, i never use it much
if you want to EV train in-game, I usually go for the kill, as in 252 speed + 252 main way of attack (physical or special), and the other 4 EVs personally don't matter

Oh I'll know :) I've got preorders on both the Japanese and American copies of White 2, by the time the one I can actually read comes in, I'll have beat the Japanese one. I really want to change out Cryogonal and Stunfisk as well but can't find replacements that give me the right movepool.

davidchu
28th May 2012, 4:30 AM
well for cryogonal you have (for dual screen)
1. Starmie is PERFECT
2. Jynx can't use Flash Cannon
3. Mew (duh) is PERFECT
4. Mewtwo can't use Flash Cannon (I doubt you'll need it)
5. Forretress can't use Ice Beam
6. Mamoswine can't use Flash Cannon
7. Corsola can't use Flash Cannon
8. Suicune can't use Flash Cannon
9. Lugia can't use Flash Cannon
10. Lunatone can't use Flash Cannon
11. Claydol can't use Flash Cannon
12. Metagross can't use Ice Beam
13. Latias and Latios can't use Flash Cannon
14. Jirachi can't use Ice Beam
15. Deoxys is PERFECT
16. Bronzong can't use Ice Beam
17. Magnezone can't use Ice Beam
18. Mesprit can't use Flash Cannon
19. Cresselia can't use Flash Cannon
20. Manaphy can't use Flash Cannon
21. Arceus is PERFECT (LOL)
22. Audino can't use Flash Cannon (extremely not suggested)
23. Sigilyph is PERFECT
24. Reuniclus can't use Ice Beam
25. Zekrom can't use Ice Beam
26. Kyurem is PERFECT (once again, a legendary. The mascot too)
27. Genesect is PERFECT (interesting)

lots and lots of choices, sir.
took me a long time too = =

chap196
28th May 2012, 11:47 AM
For Deino
Surf instead of Earth Power for more coverage, also it has more power. The rest of your Deino set is good.
Hope this help

Pokemon Trainer FireRed
28th May 2012, 4:01 PM
well for cryogonal you have (for dual screen)
1. Starmie is PERFECT
2. Jynx can't use Flash Cannon
3. Mew (duh) is PERFECT
4. Mewtwo can't use Flash Cannon (I doubt you'll need it)
5. Forretress can't use Ice Beam
6. Mamoswine can't use Flash Cannon
7. Corsola can't use Flash Cannon
8. Suicune can't use Flash Cannon
9. Lugia can't use Flash Cannon
10. Lunatone can't use Flash Cannon
11. Claydol can't use Flash Cannon
12. Metagross can't use Ice Beam
13. Latias and Latios can't use Flash Cannon
14. Jirachi can't use Ice Beam
15. Deoxys is PERFECT
16. Bronzong can't use Ice Beam
17. Magnezone can't use Ice Beam
18. Mesprit can't use Flash Cannon
19. Cresselia can't use Flash Cannon
20. Manaphy can't use Flash Cannon
21. Arceus is PERFECT (LOL)
22. Audino can't use Flash Cannon (extremely not suggested)
23. Sigilyph is PERFECT
24. Reuniclus can't use Ice Beam
25. Zekrom can't use Ice Beam
26. Kyurem is PERFECT (once again, a legendary. The mascot too)
27. Genesect is PERFECT (interesting)

lots and lots of choices, sir.
took me a long time too = =
Only 22-27 apply since I'm only using 5th gen pokes, and using a legendary is out since I'm trading over eggs to the new game, but Sigilyph is WAY better than Cryogonal. This is the moveset I'm thinking of using:

Sigilyph
Magic Guard
Modest

-Ice Beam
-Psychic
-Flash Cannon
-Ancientpower

if this set works I might rework the movesets on some of the others.

For Deino
Surf instead of Earth Power for more coverage, also it has more power. The rest of your Deino set is good.
Hope this help

It's good advice, but I'd rather not take Earth Power off Deino, I'm thinking of replacing Stunfisk and if I do, Deino might have the only Ground move on my team.

I've updated my original post to reflect changes and considered changes.

davidchu
28th May 2012, 4:35 PM
well I sorta based my chart on dual screen, which you aren't apparently using, so you might want to do some research yourself.

Pokemon Trainer FireRed
28th May 2012, 4:38 PM
well I sorta based my chart on dual screen, which you aren't apparently using, so you might want to do some research yourself.

I actually did, I like Sygiliph alot and really don't want any moves that aren't attacks. Cryogonal is gone.

Original post updated. Here is the current one for those not wanting to go back a page:

I plan to build my team on my current White version and trade eggs over to my White 2 as soon as trading is possible, then hatch the eggs and train and use this team for the remainder of the game. I'm not sure yet what non 5th gen pokes are in the region dex and I don't want any ??? entries in my pokedex so I'm using all 5th gen pokes. I also don't want to use any moves that aren't attacks, since this is in game only I feel like buffs are a turn I could have spent attacking.

Frillish
Cursed Body
Modest

-Psychic/Sludge Wave
-Shadowball
-Energy Ball
-Surf

Sigilyph
Magic Guard
Modest

-Ice Beam
-Psychic
-Flash Cannon
-Ancientpower

Rufflet
Sheer Force
Adamant

-Aerial Ace/Brave Bird when it becomes Braviary
-Rock Slide/U-turn/Return
-Shadow Claw
-Rock Smash/Superpower when it becomes Braviary

Stunfisk Thinking of replacing with either Deerling or Bouffalant
Static
Modest

-Thunderbolt
-Sludge Wave
-Scald
-Earth Power

Deino
Hustle
Modest

-Dragon Pulse
-Incinerate/Flamethrower when it's Hydreigon
-Dark Pulse
-Earth Power

Larvesta
Flame Body
Modest

-Wild Charge/??? when it's Volcarona

This is the third draft and I'm open to any and all suggestions within the guidelines I have already stated. I'm aware I will have to level up to get some of these moves and breed for others. Please keep in mind as well that this team will only be used within the game, not against any human opponents.

Thank You for your time and future suggestions.