PDA

View Full Version : Did you use your Elemental Monkey?

Pages : [1] 2

Räven
26th May 2012, 11:14 PM
So the question is, "Did you use your Elemental Monkey?" (Pansage, Pansear, or Panpour) "Did you continue to use it in the game", or "Are you still using it?"
Also, please explain your reasoning!

I am still using mine and I am in post-game!
:512: VineX (Simisage)
@ Miracle Seed
- Seed Bomb
- Crunch
- Shadow Claw
- Acrobatics

:D

SydneyIsSweet
27th May 2012, 7:58 AM
Nope. There's not many gen 5 pokemon that I like but this one was especially unattractive (than again I don't like monkeys)

Here and there in the beginning, but after the fourth gym it was forever boxed.

Too Funk to Druck
27th May 2012, 8:12 AM
I used them very briefly except for my most recent Black run. They were completely useless in gym one in all of my playthroughs. I did better just spamming tackle with my starter and hoping I would get a kill.

Serebii!
27th May 2012, 8:13 AM
I got a Pansear, it's great for the first Gym and was ok on my team for a while but now it just rests in my box as a level 40 Simisear

Ver-mont
27th May 2012, 8:13 AM
No, since I chose Snivy so I got a Panpour. I don't really like Panpour, at all.

~EternalDarkness~
27th May 2012, 8:21 AM
They're alright. I found them to be pretty decent all thee way through my playthroughs.

☭Secret_Shocker☭
27th May 2012, 11:06 AM
I liked them all, I never cared for what monkey am I getting anyways.

The Oncoming Storm
27th May 2012, 11:09 AM
The all are suck but elvis monkey is less suck.

OshyHikari
27th May 2012, 11:19 AM
I did use my Pansear against the Striaton Gym, boxed him afterwards and eventually evolved him.

Also caught the other 2 and evolved them as well.

Eusphyra
27th May 2012, 11:20 AM
used him. like a slave.

EspNeon
27th May 2012, 11:23 AM
I started with Tepig so I received Pansage but soon caught them all. I find them pretty useful and they have managed to hold their own in many gym battles.

Psycho Cut
27th May 2012, 11:27 AM
I used mine (Pan/Simisear) right up until the end of the E4, where he was duly replaced with Reshiram.

(·-·)(o_O)
27th May 2012, 11:59 AM
I used mine but only until the 6th gym

Dark Storm
27th May 2012, 1:50 PM
I tried to, on every single playthrough, but get sick of their sucking roughly about Lv. 20, and ditch them for something, or sometimes, nothing.

Kalosian
27th May 2012, 1:54 PM
I didn't use it. Didn't see any reason to use it since there were much better Pokemon from all three types available later on in the games.

Archangel Armada
27th May 2012, 11:19 PM
Nop! THey were not very appealing to me.

Aquarelle
28th May 2012, 11:03 AM
In Black, I used my Panpour during the main story. In White, I didn't use the Pansear I got, but I did use an EV trained Pansage and Panpour that I traded over from Black. I still use Simisage and Simipour on my main team.

When B2W2 come out, I am going to use a Simisear on one of the games. I actually really like the monkeys.

MagnetonNr1
28th May 2012, 1:38 PM
I only used my Elemental Monkey 'till I got the 3rd badge.

Aura Of Twilight
28th May 2012, 1:51 PM
I used my Pansear only for a little while in the game. The reason I stopped usng it was because I found its stats atrocious, and not in a good way either. XD

TheBattleFrontierAsh1
28th May 2012, 2:18 PM
I did use Pansage for the first gym. Then kept him until I caught Sewaddle before my rematch with Lenora. Box him away, brought him back after beating the game. And now he's a level 71 Semisage.

BlueNinja2
28th May 2012, 3:52 PM
used my pansear up until the celestial tower, where he was quickly replaced by a devious little candle :D

Indigoodra
28th May 2012, 3:54 PM
Yes, I used Simisear, but I f*cked up and evolved it too quickly.

EmeraldPhoenix
28th May 2012, 4:29 PM
I used my Panpour in Black, but ended up boxing it at lvl 41 or so... just before it would have learned Crunch and I would evolve it.

Pansage and Pansear never really got used much at all until I needed to finish the Unova dex.

SoulMuse
28th May 2012, 4:54 PM
I did for a little while, until I got a Blitzle that knew flame charge, which rendered my pansear useless.

RAGD0LL
28th May 2012, 4:55 PM
I used them at the first gym. But other than that they sat in the box. I don't find them particularly... Aesthetically pleasing.

"Spite" DefaultAsAwesome
28th May 2012, 6:28 PM
The only one I ever used was my Simipour. Wasn't my star player, but it came in handy.

Agonist
28th May 2012, 7:43 PM
no, since i made the mistake of taking Pansear during my first run-through, and realizing very quickly it was terrible.

DCFan
28th May 2012, 7:47 PM
No..the monkeys are terrible Pokemon

Jolteon91
28th May 2012, 7:57 PM
Nope, I dumped it straight in my box and kept on training better Pokemon.

Canto
28th May 2012, 7:59 PM
I used my Pansage to beat Cress, then boxed it. I like Lilligant better.

DCFan
28th May 2012, 8:03 PM

For Early game..i recommend using a Lilipup

Aquadon
28th May 2012, 8:40 PM
I used Pansear up until Gym 3, then he got Rotated out. He was useful for a while though.

Lady Umbreon
28th May 2012, 8:43 PM
Used Pan/Simipour during my first playthrough. Didn't plan to use him but he saved my butt in the first gym. Second playthrough got a Pansage and threw him in the box.

Squiddly Dee
28th May 2012, 8:46 PM
The only game I used my Pan is was my White nuzlocke, my third playthrough of White. I'm at the E4 now, and he's stuck with me all the way through.

coolminun
28th May 2012, 8:47 PM
Not really I wanted a pansage, but I chose osha, so i was stuck with sear. i used him briefly for the first badge then promptly dumped him away.

Jonah the Slaking
28th May 2012, 8:48 PM
I used good ol' Simipour for the entire storyline. He was a great help in Opelucid, what with his knowledge of Ice Beam. :3

GoldenMagikarp
28th May 2012, 9:04 PM
I didn't even realise that you could get one in the dreamyard until post-game. But I don't like the elemental monkeys, so it doesn't matter.

Missingno. Master
28th May 2012, 9:39 PM
You bet I did! Stuck with Simisage the whole game through, never regretted it once. A Seed Bomb from that thing is a destructive force to be reckoned with.

Cloud_Arcanine
28th May 2012, 9:46 PM

Same here, but got the Cottonee/ Whimsicott from the trade in Nacrene City instead.

paipr_christian
29th May 2012, 12:16 AM
I did. Didn't plan to but just fell for pansage. Named him brocollii and he stayed with me through the game.

Shadow XD001
29th May 2012, 12:20 AM
Yeah, I used Pansage a little bit. I evolved Pansage at Castelia City and I think I boxed him afterwards to get the Pokémon I was actually going to use on my team.

Myowu
29th May 2012, 12:25 AM
I boxed my FireMonkey not long after getting him. I didn't want to go through another Chimchar raising lol.

ThunderPuncher
29th May 2012, 12:58 AM
I didn't really care for them, they were pretty weak.

There were much better Pokemon available throughout the game.

Birds of Paradise
29th May 2012, 4:52 AM
I've done at least three playthroughs with different starters each time and I've used all the elemental monkeys, but around level 30 boxed them as they were not as strong as my other team members. Now I don't even bother with the elemental monkeys as I've already raised them and don't need to do so again.

Demysta
29th May 2012, 5:29 AM
I only used mine as a meat shield and boxed him after the second gym. I wound up finding much better Pokemon than my Panpour and just never found any use for it. It was my least favourite of the monkeys anyway.

Blivsey
29th May 2012, 5:41 AM
Nope, or at least not in battle. Used my Pansage for HMs until I got something better, but otherwise I had a rigid team of Samurott-Chandelure-Galvantula-Volcarona that I stuck to.

DL-Ghirahim
29th May 2012, 7:18 AM
Yes, I used my Elemental Monkey. Since I chose Snivy as my starter, I ended up with Panpour/Simipour.

32er
29th May 2012, 1:57 PM
I did on my 2nd playthrough, not on my 1st though.

Blitz Lucario
29th May 2012, 2:45 PM
Don't like any of the monkeys, I only used it in the first gym to fight the gym leader. All three of them are usless and my team can be filled with better choices than them.

DragonChampMorgan
29th May 2012, 3:33 PM
I never used the Pansage I was given in the DreamYard. I however do use my lv. 100 Japanese Simisage and my shiny Simisear I was given through the GTS :)

your_worst_nightmare
29th May 2012, 3:38 PM
i didnt really care much for the monkeys, the simisear i had gotten always died. i couldnt use it for much, although granted it did come in handy when my zebstrika died..

PerseusRad
29th May 2012, 5:59 PM
I used it, but I evolved it very early, so it was very ineffective, but I still was able to get it through the E4 and Champion + Ghestis with it in my team.

Dangertrout
29th May 2012, 6:24 PM
My simipour was in my team for most of the game. I can't remember if I used him against the E4 though.

Master Leo
29th May 2012, 6:27 PM
I did on my first and second playthrough (have only started a new game twice :) ).

The first time it was panpour and the second time it was pansage.

ssilva872
29th May 2012, 10:01 PM
First post in a long time on here so here it goes..

My first time playing White was so far the only time using one of the monkeys in my team.

I choose Snivy so I got Panpour.

Simipour was not bad however it was odd to me that even having a Bold nature it's Attack stat was higher than it's Special Attack stat..?

Later on I will train Simisear and Simisage for a future team and I may do Simipour later on since my first team was not the best it could have been.

As for the poll I voted Simisage as my favorite since I like grass pokemon the most out of the three types and I think it looks the best.

Umbrus57
31st May 2012, 12:51 AM
I used my panpour to beat the first gym and to cut the dreamyard tree. I boxed it after that.

Ropav
31st May 2012, 3:04 PM
I used it for awhile then I got better pokemon.

TheEliteEmpoleon
1st June 2012, 3:52 AM
My Simisear is a full member of my Black team even to today

Acthulhu
1st June 2012, 11:24 AM
Boxed. Boxed. Boxed. Panpour is just ugly. Only did one play through since I didn't want to lose my victini. :X

Hikari Paradise
1st June 2012, 10:58 PM
Yep I used Simisage through the main story and then boxed him. Don't have any plans for using him in the future though.

AwesomeReshiram93
2nd June 2012, 2:30 AM
I got Pansear but it sucked so badly after the first gym I boxed it. Not taking it out anytime in the future. Not even evolving it.

Howie Cheeto
2nd June 2012, 3:48 AM
Nope. I got panpour and I purposely let it battle and faint so that Snivy would get the easy KO & Exp points at the first gym. Then, I hopped on the wifi and got a chimchar for it.

Kall El
3rd June 2012, 7:41 PM
I actually did use Simisear for a good while in the Game.
But would love to use Simisage, I think it has a great design.
Infact the whole trio is a nice addition by GF, I know people complain about seeing them so much, but -
they're pretty cool imo :]

Star Champion AJ
15th June 2012, 9:28 PM
I used Pan/Simisage in-game until I got the 7th badge (Golett replaced the monkey with the best hairstyle)

Moog2
15th June 2012, 9:38 PM
Nope. I got it, thought "Oh, Cool!" And never used it. Once. There were just superior water types to choose from.

MegaSerperior
15th June 2012, 9:44 PM
I still use my Simipour and I'm post-game as well. I've actually grown to quite like it and I don't plan on ditching it any time soon.

ZACHATTACK
16th June 2012, 1:54 AM
I used Simisear for a while, until I caught Reshiram I think. It's level 44 right now, and I have plans to possibly train it further in the future.

shinytactics14
16th June 2012, 2:11 AM
I dumped my pansage in the box after the second gym cause It was not very good match up against 3rd gym

Kninja22
16th June 2012, 2:17 AM
I evolved it For the dex pages

Milotic-7
16th June 2012, 3:02 AM
My monkey became an HM slave...

Pokeparadox
16th June 2012, 10:23 AM
My panpour continued in my battle until the elite four (Against N) cuz I switched him with Zekrom once i caught it.

Chrysalis
16th June 2012, 10:36 AM
Not really, I don't find them particularly amazing, mine got put in my PC and hasn't seen the light of day since.

pikadon92
16th June 2012, 10:42 AM
Simipour looks like a surfer with braided hair. I can imagine it holding a surfboard. But afterwards I traded him away since he is too frail.

Dragalge
16th June 2012, 2:37 PM
I used Simipour throughout my gameplay and is level 98 because it had a better typing with a suprisingly good speed nature.

Navarch
16th June 2012, 2:40 PM
Pansage was really good when I had him with me. Great design and great movepool. Too bad I reset my game. Oh well, maybe I will get another one in the future...

Zoruagible
16th June 2012, 3:04 PM
I used Pansear but once I got Litwick I stopped

Scaldaver
16th June 2012, 3:08 PM
I haven't used it at all after the first gym - I hate the fact you are encouraged to use them and they look so ridiculous - especially after they evolve.

redcharzard
16th June 2012, 3:18 PM
I used mine until I got Darumaka and then I stored or released it. Pansear is in my opinion the worst of the three(special pure fire attackers rarely have good move pools so they're a pain to use.) The Pansage I got from the event is also in storage since it has a brave nature which makes no sense(should have benn Jolly, Adamant, or a Neutral nature and whats the deal with only one max IV they could have given the egg events 2-3 max IVs.)

フェージングのエコー
16th June 2012, 10:30 PM
Not really. I like panpour, but I used it as an HM slave. It was useful with all of the water type moves.

★ Lucario ★
16th June 2012, 11:05 PM
I used my Pansear untill Castelia City, where i caught Darumaka at Route 4. Pansear was quite usefull in the Striaton Gym and in Pinwheel Forest, though.

LordLati
16th June 2012, 11:24 PM
I used my pansear until I could evolve a darumaka into darmanitan. This was due to the fact that darumaka's accuracy was unreliable and would often be Ko'd after it missed.

I happen to use Volcarona now: it has nice stats, can fly, and makes egg hatching much easier.

sackbot14
16th June 2012, 11:39 PM
I used my Simipour past on to post-game. It's now level 89, the only reason I'm not using it, as with my other 5 in that party, is because I'm using a new one. I really liked Simipour. :P

Räven
17th June 2012, 12:54 AM
I used my Simipour past on to post-game. It's now level 89, the only reason I'm not using it, as with my other 5 in that party, is because I'm using a new one. I really liked Simipour. :P

So you used the dream yard Simipour, then caught a new Panpour and trained it? I don't get that.

redcharzard
17th June 2012, 3:55 AM
So you used the dream yard Simipour, then caught a new Panpour and trained it? I don't get that.

Simple the new one could have been bred for modest/timid nature and perfect IVs in at least S.atk and speed, as well as EV trained for max speed and s.atk.

Also I really didn't use Pansear that much since the Pidove I caught before facing the bug gym leader defeated the entire team. The Simisear really should have gotten a better move pool. A few more special attacks and I might have used it over Darmanitan.

Nyarlathotep
17th June 2012, 4:18 AM
Nope, although I love Pansear's design.

They are too fragile, I hate Pokémon which dies with one or two hits -_-

FieryLucario
17th June 2012, 4:33 AM
I only used my Pansear during the story, post game I got a better team together and just made my Panesear a box warmer

Metalhead9838772
17th June 2012, 5:32 AM
Never used my Panpour. Ever.

AceFlonne
17th June 2012, 6:11 AM
Nope, Never even used any of the 3 monkeys

Neji-and-Pidgeot
17th June 2012, 6:30 AM
I used my pansear until i got to the 3rd gym. It was then replaced with a tepig i got from a trade.

donphant
17th June 2012, 8:48 AM
i used my Panpour all the way through as i my main water pokemon and used for the things like swim

Kninja22
17th June 2012, 8:54 AM
The entire Chimchar line is picard face palming at the Elemental Monkey Trio and their evos

Shade2000
17th June 2012, 10:08 AM
i dumped simisear post game

jstinftw!
17th June 2012, 10:26 AM
Technically. I received Pansage, but I liked Panpour more, so I caught her, and I used her for quite sometime. I actually only stopped using her shortly before my beginning Competitive Battling, although I did that only because I wanted to use Seismitoad again. XD

I also tried Pansear, and Simisear, but Simipour's definitely the best of the three.

Cool Rafe
17th June 2012, 10:50 AM
These monkeys are terrible because of their pathetic stats and shallow movepool . They're great HM slaves though .

Little Rue
17th June 2012, 11:06 AM
I never used mine. (Simipour)

Siebold
17th June 2012, 3:14 PM
I got pansear used it all throughout the game its like Lv. 70 now.

ShinyZorua28
17th June 2012, 6:05 PM
Never used my Pansear. EVER.

spyro and sonic
17th June 2012, 10:24 PM
My (pan)(simi)sage was consistently the 2nd highest level pokemon on my team until I beat the E4. It was always on my team after than until it become level 96 at which point I boxed it in favor of stronger pokemon I had transfered from other places. Now his only purpose is to use flash when I need it.

ShinyMienshao
18th June 2012, 2:50 AM
I only used pans age for the first to the 3 gym. I never used him after that.

GreenHero
18th June 2012, 4:02 AM
I chose Tepig, so I got Pansage (Looking Like Elvis!), where it was only useful to me in the first gym (It beat down Bob Marley the Panpour!).

... Then I noticed a decline. It would soon face an early evolution at level 16 and was forever imprisoned in the wasteland of my "Evolved" Box, While My Bulbasaur (After I got the National Dex) took his place.

Even though it faced it's untimely end, It will still be ranked in the Hall of Masters for fighting alongside my Tepig and Lillipup.

Seles
18th June 2012, 4:38 AM
I didn't know where you got it so I never had one :( I would of had a Pansear though ;)

Hakallowin
18th June 2012, 4:54 AM
I used my Panage throughout the whole game and didn't evolve it until it learned Crunch a level 40 something... After iot evilved, it was a great member with Seed Bomb doing pretty good damage. I was playing it on the bus on the way to school, when my friend wanted to nickname someone and she nicknamed him Nanerpus... lol

ursaringisaboss
18th June 2012, 6:53 AM
I started with tepig and got pansage. He was good on my team and i kept him on my team because he had a spot. Up to my first game clear i had watchog stoutland and liepard along with emboar and simisage. As the only grass type he was my go to man in a lot of battles. After i beat the game the first time i placed him and the orgibal team in the box and leveled up emboar and zekrom and started a new team with braviary haxorus hydreigon. And my 6th member would be simisage after some long thought. He was perfect to me and still is.

Sarefan
18th June 2012, 2:28 PM
I used my Semisear untill the 6th gym. He was surprisingly usefull pre and mid game. But later he became less usefull.

punkrock111
18th June 2012, 3:12 PM
i used pansear for a while, i even used him again the elite four, tbh i never thought to evolve him till after, now i have he's an amazing part of my team now

doodlecloud
18th June 2012, 3:47 PM
I didn't know where you got it so I never had one :( I would of had a Pansear though ;)

Huh? I don't remember really being able to AVOID the girl who gives it to you...I figured you couldn't move on with the story until you took it? But maybe if you can and have moved on, the girl might still be there if you go back and you can go get one anyways? In any case, even if somehow you did miss her, you can catch them in the wild too you know.

And personally, I've always kind of disliked the monkeys. They are slowly growing on me but I still don't like their evolved forms. I had a Pansear and, although you have to level him up before you evolve him if you want him to have decent moves, I think I only get to level 27ish before I got annoyed, evolved him for my Pokedex and boxed him.

ricedonut
18th June 2012, 3:51 PM
I never used my Elemental Monkey because there are a lot of better Pokemon. The only time I used it was against Chili because my Snivy was having trouble with his Pansear.

Absol Wings
18th June 2012, 10:33 PM
Hell yeah. Used my beautiful Simipour (took me a hell lot of time to find a female one in Pinwheel Forest lol) in my first playthrough in Unova in Black version just because of how cute she is, but she really surprized me as she proved to be a pretty fast and poweful attacker, while I expected it to be something in the Liepard tier.
And in my White I used Simisage because he also looks cool. But Simipour is still my fav <3

But Simisear...yeah he looks pretty derpy :P

Zebro
19th June 2012, 12:18 AM
Nope. I really wanted to use Pansear, but it's only available at the beginning if you use Oshawott, which I don't like. Then when I did manage to get one much later in the game it was quite weak and seemed to need a lot of EXP (not sure if it does, it just seemd that way) so I ditched it :(

Lon
19th June 2012, 3:17 AM
I believe until I had more options, I used my elemental monkey and then grabbed the other two from shaking grass. They were quickly replaced after the second or third gym, but I still did use them nonetheless. :P

mr.tyranitar
19th June 2012, 11:51 PM
I put up my semisear for trade in the GTS for a tepig instead (: didn't really like the monkey pokemon i thought maybe i can get the fire starter out of it which i did.

Firebrand
20th June 2012, 3:26 AM
I used Simisear against Cilan, and then after a particularly disappointing performance in Lenora's gym, I boxed him forever in favor of Victini.

MistyMayDawn
20th June 2012, 3:32 AM
The all are suck but elvis monkey is less suck.

What in sam hill is that supposed to mean? I didn't really care for which one I got I liked them all

ViCx174
20th June 2012, 3:35 AM
Used my Semisear for the gym battle, didn't even level him up past 10 lol He's sitting in the pc. xD

rotomaton
20th June 2012, 9:09 AM
i hated the elemental monkeys.. most of the fun of pokemon is building your own team, now they're pretty much giving out pre-designed teams. i do like simisages design, though.

SuperPichu
20th June 2012, 7:16 PM
Yeah, I used my Pansear through all of the main story, although in post-game, I replaced it with Volcarona. I'm training it now again to Lv.100.

RiRiGaGaLover
22nd June 2012, 7:03 AM
I used Panpour/Simipour in my initial White playthrough. It was alright I guess. Never again though.

36squid
22nd June 2012, 8:55 AM
Only used mine for striaton xD

MusicMan
22nd June 2012, 12:51 PM
I Used Simisage It Helped Me A lot , Its More Cooler Than The Other Forms ....

AndyBananny
22nd June 2012, 2:41 PM
My first play through of White I didn't think about soft resetting. So I ended up walking around with a boy Simipour named Marley. Since then I've always made Marley a girl. She's pretty much a signature staple on my team with fearsome moves such as Lick and Scald. The opponent doesn't know whether to get burned or paralyzed. lol

In all seriousness though. I hated the design of Simipour the most out of all the elemental monkies, and even talked a friend into almost trading his Pansear when we first got the games. I'm glad I stuck with it though. She's really grown on me. We had some good times together. Good times.

Räven
22nd June 2012, 4:11 PM
What in sam hill is that supposed to mean? I didn't really care for which one I got I liked them all
I think he meant all suck except for Simisage "the Elvis monkey" XD

Yeah, I used my Pansear through all of the main story, although in post-game, I replaced it with Volcarona. I'm training it now again to Lv.100.
Oh cool!

Sceptrigon
22nd June 2012, 7:42 PM
Ever since I saw the monkeys, I've always wanted to use on in my team. I came to the decision to use Pan/Simipour since I preferred its design to Simisage and Simisear. Also, I needed a Pokemon to use Surf and Waterfall.

Necro101
22nd June 2012, 8:06 PM
My favorite is simipour and I chose snivy so got its baby evolution. I used mine as one of my HM slaves and now he is waiting in a box until I need dive, surf etc again.

RAWK ON

Arbok4Ever
22nd June 2012, 8:17 PM
Only for Striaton Gym. The monkeys really suck: they learn bad moves, they learn nothing if you evolve them, and their looks are... not very cool in my eyes.

~Nicole~
22nd June 2012, 8:18 PM
Actually, yeah, Pansear is part of my current replay team.

Lorde
23rd June 2012, 4:18 AM
I was pretty much forced to use Simipour in Black version due to the lack of good Water-types. It was fairly reliable in battle, but I'm not too fond of its design. Still, I guess it beats Simisage and Simisear. I absolutely loathe those two. :x

poopoop
23rd June 2012, 4:44 AM
I like simipour more

GigaGalvantula
23rd June 2012, 2:22 PM
Simisage is the only one I would call decent.

I used mine up until I beat N and Ghetsis then I chucked him in to the PC.

AllyNidhogg
23rd June 2012, 9:48 PM
I used Simisear during my White Nuzlocke Challenge, although it died around Route 18 or something. I'm generally not fancy using the Elementary Monkeys, I find their movepool boring, and there are way better Pokemon than them in the game, atleast in my opinion. (Except for the starters, we have Darmanitan, Ferroseed, Litwick, Jellicent, etc.)

PerishCount
23rd June 2012, 9:50 PM
I picked Oshawott, and I never used any of the elemental monkeys, but I love Simipour.

gpdlt
23rd June 2012, 10:53 PM
Only used it for the first gym.

Sworn Metalhead
13th July 2012, 2:01 AM
I took one look at the stats of these Pokemon and knew I wasn't going to train one. They are abysmal in every sense it's better to use brute force in dealing with the first gym i think.

letFLYGONSbeFLYGONES
16th July 2012, 3:56 AM
I used mine as my water HM slave... used it for the acrobatics attack a few times near the start of the game, but i kind of already knew what team i was going to put together going through the game so it wasn't very useful or wanted. forever boxed along with hundreds of other pokemon i never really plan on using... lol.

rykerr1
16th July 2012, 4:07 AM
I used mine (Simisage) until the postgame, when I got all of my favorite Pokemon from 4th gen. I really love Simisage's design, but I just prefer Leafeon and Sceptile as far as grass-types go.

emogirl
16th July 2012, 4:08 AM
I used mine for a little bit, but I easily replaced the monekeys with something that suited my style better. I dunno, they just don't really appeal to me.

SasakiThePikachu
16th July 2012, 10:07 PM
I used a Simisear and was delighted with him. He really helped me out in-game, and never caved in under pressure, even against Alder. Very nice type coverage in his movepool too.

Was underwhelmed with Simisage, although a trip to the Judge did confirm mine had ridiculously low IVs. That might have something to do with why he got OHKOd so many bloody times. Gr.

Not used Simipour, but can't wait to do so!

CherishBall
16th July 2012, 10:29 PM
I chose Snivy, so I have Panpour. I kept my Panpour in my PC Box and I only use it for Musicals.

Minteh
16th July 2012, 10:34 PM
Well I chose Tepig so I ended up with Pan/Simisage. I used mine for a while and the he just kept getting switched out for pokemon wo matched my style at the time.

Willy.lee
17th July 2012, 5:07 AM
i started of with tepig, and the grass rock star monkey served me well.

munchlaxboy
17th July 2012, 5:09 AM
Didn't use them. They all seemed so plastic and dull I didn't bother using mine.

Nightlingbolt
17th July 2012, 11:52 PM
Mostly just the first Gym in more recent playthroughs. Simisage is still a member of my original Black team, I'm raising Simisear rather than Darmanitan or Chandelure because I need Acrobatics for my current White playthrough, and I never use Simipour on the grounds that I never pick Snivy. When White 2 comes around, I might actually pick Snivy because, between Iron Tail and Aqua Tail, Serperior has at least a couple moves available to it, assuming you dedicate yourself to the physical spectrum, so I might actually make the effort to get Panpour in Lostlorn Forest.

I took one look at the stats of these Pokemon and knew I wasn't going to train one. They are abysmal in every sense it's better to use brute force in dealing with the first gym i think.

So according to you, 98 Attack, 98 Special Attack, and 101 Speed are abysmal.

Also, I've tried the brute force thing. It doesn't work.

Excitable Boy
18th July 2012, 12:15 AM
I recieved Pansage, having started with Tepig, and ended up using him throughout the entire game, as well as the post-game. While he was a bit lagging in the time before I evolved him (I waited for Seed Bomb), and a little toward the end, he was a pretty solid member of the team. He had some pretty good type coverage thanks to reusable TMs, and at no point did I feel that he was a waste of space.

Overall, I'm pretty pleased with him as a Grass type. While he's by no means ideal, I don't think that very many of the other Grass types I had available could have offered the same experience.

Wishing Star
18th July 2012, 6:31 AM
I did not use my elemental monkey. Not because they're bad, no; they're actually pretty good, if you can use them right. But it's because I generally don't like using Pokémon that are given to you (except for starters, for obvious reasons). (:

Floette
18th July 2012, 6:39 PM
I did not use my elemental monkey. Not because they're bad, no; they're actually pretty good, if you can use them right. But it's because I generally don't like using Pokémon that are given to you (except for starters, for obvious reasons). (:

I also didn't use my elemental monkeys for the same reason. I rarely use pokemon that are given to you, including starters. I did, however, hunt all three of them in pinwheel forest :p I ended up with 3 pansears, 2 pansages, and 2 panpours. However, I never got around to using any of them.

Dragalge
18th July 2012, 6:45 PM
The monkeys aren't to bad, could be worse.

Kanethedragon
18th July 2012, 7:40 PM
I used mine for a time until other pokemon were able to replace it (though at the time it was pretty useful since I chose snivy and thus got pansear in which made it easier for me to defeat Burgh since bugs give grass types a bad shaving.)

Princess Raspberyl
19th July 2012, 1:03 AM
Nope, not at all. Ditched em' after Striation City. =P

Ash&Pikachu-Fan
19th July 2012, 6:41 PM
I picked "I like them equal" because they seem too alike to be compared for me.

biomega
19th July 2012, 7:33 PM
I was having too much fun with venipede/whirlipede, Tepig, and my Tranquill with Super Luck to really care about Pansage. Also, I've never been much of a grass-type fan. Although, that was before I met Ferrothorn… MUAHAHAHAHA

SuperEpicRock
19th July 2012, 7:55 PM
I got pansage, which happens to be my favorite, but I didn't use him at all. Not interested and had already planned to use ferrothorn as my grass type. I might try a monkey in a subsequent playthrough if I get the chance.

OFWGKTADGAF
19th July 2012, 10:52 PM
I just got it and taught it cut after the first gym so I can cut down the tree where that Munna was. It was boxed quickly thereafter.

~CallOfTheIndie~
19th July 2012, 10:59 PM
My favorite has been Simisear for an unknown reason (other than it being in my original Black team). It's pretty strong, well for me it was. But now I'm raising Simipour, 'cause it seems stronger. My losses to a Simipour have contributed to wanting to train one, just to figure out their overall potential.

nekomi
20th July 2012, 1:18 AM
I did but only for the first gym. I didn't think he was necessary after that.

DKDG
20th July 2012, 4:29 AM
I used my monkey all the way through...Pan/Simisage= very useful

PinKunoichi
20th July 2012, 6:32 PM
Yep, she's still on my team too, though I now alternate with a Milotic in online play. Simipour, nicknamed Pourie. At first I was skeptical of her, but she more then earned her keep after getting through a bunch of hurdles on my journey.

BlackEmperor
20th July 2012, 6:56 PM
I received a Pansage, used him in the first gym, taught him Cut and then I put him in the box. I don't really like them.

JohnNiles
20th July 2012, 9:14 PM
Did I use mine? No. I resented being pushed to choose one and their stupid expressions ticked me off. As a result, the first gym was rather difficult for me. Also, there was a chimpanzee attack story in the news not long before I got the game, so I couldn't handle the idea of using a monkey pokemon.

Amethyst Star
20th July 2012, 9:29 PM
Nope, I don't like their designs. I just used mine for the first gym and to cut down that tree.

jabs4
20th July 2012, 10:05 PM
Unfortunately.

/GRUMBLE GRUMBLE GRUMBLE

dirkac
20th July 2012, 10:33 PM
God no! I hated those monkeys >:(
Well, I actually loved Pansear, don't like Simisear though, sadly I wasn't able to use em since I started with Snivy.

Canto
20th July 2012, 10:43 PM
No, I prefer Lilligant to Simisage. (Started with Tepig.)

FRUITYai
20th July 2012, 11:10 PM
Mine became my HM Cut slave.

Midnighteclipse
21st July 2012, 2:43 PM
I didn't, I prefer Jellicent to Simipour, Chandelure to Simisear and pretty much every Unova Grass type to Simisage.

amittal12
21st July 2012, 2:58 PM
Ya,I used my Simisage throughout the storyline that I received as a gift.Actually,It is very special to me as it helped me kill Alder's Druddigon when it had killed my 2 Pokemon already with Ourage and no one in my team had Ice or Dragon Attack.

Simisage@Miracle Seed
-Seed Bomb(STAB)
-Dig(Coverage against Fire/Poison and deal some damage to Steel)
-Rock Slide(Coverage against Fire/Flying/Bug/Ice)
-Shadow Claw(Just because I don't like Status moves and It didn't have a good movepool)

Then,I used a Simisage in my next Grass monotype playthrough.But this one was caught in Pinwheel Forest.Though I later replaced him(and all others Unova Pokemon) for non-Unova Pokemons for post-Team Plasma part.But I evolved this one very late to get Crunch as a move.

Simisage@Bright Powder
-Seed Bomb(STAB)
-Dig(Coverage against Fire/Poison and deal some damage to Steel)
-Rock Slide(Coverage against Fire/Flying/Bug/Ice)
-Crunch(Just I felt like having it)

G50
22nd July 2012, 1:30 PM
I used the Elemental Monkeys for all of my run-throughs of the games. I've actually used all three of them for each of the starter run-throughs instead of just the one given away in the Dreamyard.

Innocentmercy
25th July 2012, 10:12 PM
I never used them since I have my starter Pokemon :/

Earthia100
25th July 2012, 10:23 PM
I used my Simisage a lot! He's super reliable and I wouldn't be able to get through the E4 without him! He wiped out half of N's team when we got to that point and works great with my Excadrill on the battle subway. One of my favorite grass types ever! <3

candyson
25th July 2012, 10:46 PM
i didn't use my pansear except for gym 1 where it failed and hm cut
btw- they take forever to level up

Larry
26th July 2012, 2:12 AM
Every time I've played through Black and White I've used the elemental monkey. I found Simisage to be the best and Simisear the worst.

Shelxio
26th July 2012, 3:52 AM
I used Simisear in my playthrough of Black and Simisage in White. Overall Sage did me more good. :P

orochi
26th July 2012, 7:54 AM
i used the elemental monkeys for the first gym battle, but after that it didnt seem to fit my style:( but i do like theyre design:)

HueYol
26th July 2012, 8:19 AM
Yes and no. I traded my panpour on the GTS for a pansear because I thought the early fire types were quite shabby.

Mike Jushiro
26th July 2012, 3:38 PM
Yea, to me the monkeys were not attractive at al (and pokemon has really burned out monkeys), Straight to the box for me!

I swear, Game Freak, give monkeys a rest, no more! There are millions of animals in the animal kingdom to use as reference, as a petition, no more monkeys!

S/D/J
26th July 2012, 5:55 PM
I used Simisage on my first playthrough, but I haven't used the other 2, I dislike their designs, especially Simipour. (It looks way too feminine)

SpencerJJ2
27th July 2012, 3:22 AM
I used Panpour, even in the E4. Mostly he was just a Pokemon for surf, but he doubled up as my counter to fire types.

Slap Bass♪
27th July 2012, 4:14 AM
Initially I did. As the game progressed I found more useful pokemon. XD

Raptor737
27th July 2012, 4:18 AM
Nope. I absolutely hate Simisear and Pansear just wasn't worth keeping in my team. I only used Pansear for the first gym battle and then stuck him in the PC.

jakbeasley
29th July 2012, 7:45 PM
I really dislike using the monkeys. There are a lot better Pokemon that can be obtained just a little further into the game. I didn't really see a use for mine, it was boxed after a terrible battle it gave in the first gym.

Neyon
29th July 2012, 8:06 PM
I don't care too much for fire types, and since I'm going for a Bug team (the taste of suicide is oh so sweet to me), he just didn't fit in. Even before I started going for the Bug team, Fire just didn't fit in.

Volcaronick
29th July 2012, 9:12 PM
I am playing Black for the 3rd time and I just got Panpour. I prefer it because I <3 water types. I started with Snivy

Tuskie Tyrant Yoko Kurama
29th July 2012, 9:48 PM
I used my Simipour all the way through White, it was a major help, since it knew Blizzard to beat Iris.

Redphienix
29th July 2012, 9:50 PM
I just have to admit that I hated the monkeys.

Once evolved Simisage is sorta cool, but I hate the other two final forms and the pre-forms are, while cute, plain worthless to me.

While I was playing with my Oshawott and received the pansear I instantly felt like I had the biggest possible drain on my team. FELT like it, not that it was.

So I leveled it a touch and beat the gym, and then it NEVER came in my team again.

Those monkeys just disappoint me :/

heracrosstrainer635
29th July 2012, 11:57 PM
The pansear I got from playing with oshawott was useful, but only for the first gym. After that, I put it in the pc and never used it again.

airaid
31st July 2012, 12:02 AM
On Black I started with Snivy, so I got Panpour. I boxed it about Lv 22 and that was it, especially since I traded for the other starters. Recently, however, I've been working on leveling him again.

On White, on the other hand, I started with Tepig and ended up with Pansage. I used him throughout the game, and now he's a Lv. 70 Simisage with Seed Bomb, Acrobatics, Rock Slide and Shadow Claw. I call him Cilantro.

Arvis
31st July 2012, 7:49 AM
i used my simipour through the whole main story but now i use it every now and then.

★ Mr. Mime ★
31st July 2012, 4:52 PM
At first, I wasn't a fan of any of the monkeys, but I used a Simisage on my recent playthrough of Black version and it wasn't too bad.

I've never used the other 2 though, and their movepools make me not want to...

CathyHooves
1st August 2012, 9:22 AM
not using the one I got as first, didn't get rest,

I think I do not like them... Maybe a bad decision.

Shiny_Wooper
1st August 2012, 9:24 AM
I bought both black and white in black I used mine but in white I didn't use mine.

PopPrincess_Lyra
1st August 2012, 9:26 AM
Yes, used Pansage till PKMN League. I think it's Lv70-ish. Yes, I don't like Semisage and my Pan-Pan is still a Pansage, nya~

Frost471
1st August 2012, 12:12 PM
Yes and no. I wanted a pansage but got a pansear in the dreamyard so I caught a pansage in pinwheel forest and have been using him ever since

Elementer
2nd August 2012, 6:09 AM
Blargh. I hate the monkeys. The opposite element thing was a really great idea, but the monkeys were much too weak - and ugly (IMO) - to make them worth using. Unfortunately, there was no other decent Grass-type to use either, so I was stuck without one after choosing to start with Samurott.

Hope next gen they use the same opposite-element idea, but with much better Pokemon.

SmeargleRocks
2nd August 2012, 6:19 AM
Not a fan of them all that much but on white I raised my simipour to lv46 stopped using it just before I got to the pokemon league before reshiram

Heliotrope
2nd August 2012, 4:20 PM
When I first got my Japanese version of Black I did use my elemental monkey (Pansear/Simisear) as a member of my team throughout my first play through.

Forretress Fan
2nd August 2012, 9:20 PM
My First playthrough, I used my Pansear until it learned Crunch and evolved to Simisear and used it on my team. Second playthrough I did the same with Simisage. Now I disregarded my Third playthrough's Pansear in form of either Darumaka/Litwick.

x-sayrie-x
2nd August 2012, 10:54 PM
I used my Simisage all throughout White, though honestly I don't care for the Elemental Monkeys very much.

However, he was the most useful in the E4, and was my highest-leveled team member. How ironic.

Pokemon18
3rd August 2012, 11:02 PM
I almost always used my Panpour! It was on my team throughout my game completion, but I never evolved it! Now it just stays in the PC box at around level 60.

Dreamy
4th August 2012, 9:37 PM
I used my monkey once, but I haven't since then; I guess it was just too underwhelming:/
I would like to give Simipour another try though.

Claus351
4th August 2012, 9:48 PM
I used Simisear until I found this amazing little candle in a tower :P

aaron-now
5th August 2012, 4:08 AM
Nope. Always ditched them right after the first gym. I do like the concept of giving them at the start though.

WastingLight
5th August 2012, 5:19 AM
I used my Pansear all the way up till I got a Litwick, then I dumped it.

Profesco
5th August 2012, 12:29 PM
I actually really like the monkeys. All of the first stages are just the most adorable things, and only Simipour of the second stages causes me hesitation. It's the dreadlocks. I just don't like the look of dreadlocks. Otherwise, the monkeys are all great. The grass pair is my favorite, though. Unfortunately, Tepig is my least favorite starter, so if I ever want to use Pansage I have to get lucky and catch one in Pinwheel Forest.

That said, I have used the fire and grass monkeys as long-term team members in Black and White. I used Pansear with Snivy in Black version and I used Pansage with Oshawott in White version. Come to think of it, I prefer to play through Unova with a team of - specifically - Oshawott, Pansage, and Scraggy as my unevolved Pokemon. Somehow, having those three as my early-game team core just feels comfortable. =P

Jazz™
5th August 2012, 12:51 PM
http://i1094.photobucket.com/albums/i457/Weavile39/MainBanner.png

Navarch
5th August 2012, 12:55 PM
I used my Simisear through the whole game, ever since I got it in the Dreamyard. I still used him Post-Game, and he was great. Even though I hear people pick on his stance or whatever, I still think he rocks.

RainDance
5th August 2012, 6:50 PM
I never used my monkey at all. I just got it to fill up my pokedex :P My favorite was definitely pansage though.

PoKe_aRcHeR2010
5th August 2012, 8:04 PM
Yeah I used it as a box filler ... ^^' ... never felt like using it :l only in the first gym

Firewolf7
5th August 2012, 9:00 PM
Simisage is the grass one right cause I got the grass one. I didn't use it until after the Pokemon league twice and I used just to finish my ino a pokedex

Earth Wolf-Howl
6th August 2012, 8:51 PM
I think Simisage is the coolest monkey, but, as I chose Snivy, I got Panpour. MALE Panpour. I don't normally hate looks in Pokemon, but male Panpour is just... weird.

ImMichael
6th August 2012, 10:53 PM
Simisage is a great Pokemon and I still use mine occasionally.

RedCometCustom
7th August 2012, 10:08 PM
Only very briefly used Pansear.

NES
7th August 2012, 10:27 PM
Only to defeat Cilan (started with Oshawott), then he got boxed. I think at some point I released it to have more space.

Banana Bloodplanet
7th August 2012, 10:28 PM
I just used it to defeat Cilan's Pansage and cut the tree at the Dreamyard.

Earthbounded
8th August 2012, 12:33 PM
My Pansear was quite useful in battle against Cilan. He eventually was put in the box by around the time when I fought Elesa.

Hidden Power
8th August 2012, 4:48 PM
If my signature could hold more Pokemon they'll be on the list, no offense but with a bunch of monkey/primate Pokemon family released in prior generations you would think that GF would go for more distinguishable sub-species. They're really plain looking, and were added to the game for a very plain purpose.

...This poll doesn't even carry a "I don't like any of them" option >.>

Nibbles4Ever
8th August 2012, 6:30 PM
I've used all of them at least once but not recently.

Erik Destler
8th August 2012, 6:59 PM
I think I might've used it for the first gym. Other than that, nope. :3 Put it in the PC~

tomatohater
8th August 2012, 9:07 PM
I used my Simipour and evolved it and used it 'till I beat the Elite 4, when I ditched it.

SapphireL
8th August 2012, 11:14 PM
I got Panpour and I used it for the first gym. I dumped it right after that since Simipour looks weird and I wanted a different Water type.

Yzpo Z.
9th August 2012, 5:49 AM
I like Simipour alot because she smiled and waved at you. Its better to have the simipour as a girl in my opinion, seems to fit right.
I used Simipour up until the fifth gym. Kicked the ground dudes butt with simipour, but afterthat i never really used the monkey.
Simisage is a fav among everyone, and not to be mean but simisears stance is a little awkward. I tried using simipour competitively once in the tournament
But it ended up not being used as much as my standard double battle team but meh, she was there when i needed her. lol.

Tulnekaya
9th August 2012, 4:41 PM
Boxed my Panpour after a pretty early on, mostly because I was rotating pokemon and eventually came to prefer the rest of my team over it. Yeah it was helpful in the beginning, but it didn't really feel like it was pulling its weight later on.

EnragedSwalot
10th August 2012, 4:18 AM
No. This is because by the time that I learned that you get one of these guys for free, I had already developed a strong team with not many weaknesses.
However, I may consider using the monkeys in some future playthroughs.

CoolKidz-TH
10th August 2012, 3:10 PM
i used pansage.

Vandslaux
10th August 2012, 4:18 PM
In Black, no.

White, yes.

White 2, you don't get a monkey, they are only found in Lostlorn Forest in Shaking Spots. And no, I didn't.

Trainer Michael
10th August 2012, 6:03 PM
I like them all!

I just got BW a few days ago, and I got a Pansear from the Dreamyard (my starter was Oshawott). I caught a Pansage in Pinwheel Forest later, and I'm using both of them on my team. I'm looking for a Panpour in Pinwheel Forest now; they seem to be so rare lol. :)

soundxfury
10th August 2012, 9:28 PM
I used Pansear for the first gym just so I could beat it quickly and trade over eggs for my real team. Then I ditched both him and my starter and went on to happily play the rest of the game with Pokemon I actually liked.

Furret-Luver
10th August 2012, 10:12 PM
i had a simipour. i used till i got to the pokemon league, then i switched to jellicent.

Shneak
11th August 2012, 3:17 AM
The only one I've used in my playthroughs is Simisear. Not the greatest, but still valuable.

Matoro
12th August 2012, 9:28 PM
**** no. Those things depress me.

Wolveram
13th August 2012, 12:13 AM
I used Pansear to beat the first gym, and then into the PC it went.

Weedy Spyze
13th August 2012, 12:20 AM
I tried using Pansage once but I eventually dropped it for something else. I think it was Golurk. But yeah, I'm not a big fan of the monkeys.

kevin_durant35
13th August 2012, 12:37 AM
i used my simisear to defeat burgh, and then to the pc boxes it went

Mister_SGG
13th August 2012, 12:40 AM
I used Simisear on my first playthrough of White, but started to hate it around the third gym. I happily dropped him for Zekrom when the time came.

FusionKT
13th August 2012, 3:18 AM
I got pansear, which i immediately put in my box.

Out On a Whim-sicott
14th August 2012, 9:18 PM
I got it Pansear in my first playthrough and Panpour in my second, and never used either. Im trainjing a Simisage right now because i really like it, but im also bored post-game.

Mikey1701
15th August 2012, 7:49 AM
Definitely not. They are abysmal. I enjoy kicking the poo out of trainers that use them.

Streetlight
15th August 2012, 9:39 AM
On my original White save-file I used a Simisage and abosolutely loved the thing. Mine hit hard and had awesome speed thanks to its nature.

I'm replaying through White now using Pokemon I've never tried using before and am currently loving Simisear. It's a fresh change of pace to use a fire type that isn't Emboar or Darmanitan for once. My only complaint is his appearance. The way his arms stick out just looks.......just terrible. My only complaint really.

verdian
16th August 2012, 8:58 AM
nope.no.no.no.no.no.no. nonononononononono.
Its freakin horrible defence cant take hits.
even though its speed is high,IT IS WORSE

CovertNinja
17th August 2012, 5:25 AM
I tossed it in day care as soon as i could

SmeargleRocks
17th August 2012, 6:11 PM
I used my panpour up until I went to battle N after zekrom and after that I left my bold lv46 simipour in the PC never to use it again after that it was a half TM slave with cut and surf though

slugger57
18th August 2012, 5:23 AM
I used simisage. He was pretty awesome for in-game purposes.
I think it was a set like this:

Lettuce (simisage) @N/A
Naughty
-Acrobatics
-Crunch
-Rock slide
-Seed bomb

Not always the best, but helpful for quick attacks, especially on weakened pokemon.

Kurloz Makara
18th August 2012, 3:03 PM
On my Black, I got Pansear. Managed to use that guy until the battle with N, then switched him with Reshiram and never used him again. XD

On White, I ended up with Panpour.... and I'm still using him post-game. Although he's an unfortunate Surf, Waterfall, and Dive slave, he's still pretty strong. He beat Caitlin with his Crunch attack. :D

The_UnAmerican_Idol
18th August 2012, 6:13 PM
I used my Pansear for quite sometime, then evolved it and used it in the Elite Four. Now its just gathering dust in my box. Poor thing :(

Torosiken
18th August 2012, 8:36 PM
I use my Simisear in my team :D
Not really good defense, but I love its attack's damage.

Bossk
19th August 2012, 4:11 PM
The only one that I personally think is kind of cool is Semisage and I already had a Serperior. I think that the Water and Fire ones look weird.

spyclone138
20th August 2012, 12:00 AM
I was planning on using my panpour on my team then I didn't use him that much so he got replaced

red2000
20th August 2012, 1:22 AM
I've recently finished a Samurott run and I gotta say I take back the negative things I said about Pan/Simisear that thig was actually really good, fragile, and carp for a movepool, but all it seemed to need was Flamethrower and Grass Knot to own

Pkmn Breeder Jack
20th August 2012, 6:00 AM
Nah, it's useless.

RedAce♠
20th August 2012, 11:54 AM
I like :514: out of the three, since I like fire over water or grass. But I have used Simisage out of the three, sine I chosse Tepig as my starter. I used my Simisage through most of my game and he did do well. But near the end I stopped using him and traded him for a better poke, I can't remember who though :/ My reason for using him? Was for his speed and grass knot was a blast using against bigger pokes XD Plus he has a nicely sized move poolwhich made getting through the game a breeze. The reason I stopped using him near the end, which I believe was the 2nd to last gym leader, though I'm not saying it's a bad pokemon, nor are the other two, but it just didn't fit my battle style anymore. Plus I needed a hard hitting team for the elite four. Though I did use him once against the Elite Four Memeber Marshal. He got the job done against some of his pokes. But I mostly relied on my Druddigon. His rough skin made those sturdys' worthless XD I never regreted catching him, he was my butt kicker through most of the game and especialy in the elite four. Anyways I mostly like dragons, ground, and steel for the most part, so you can see those three monkeys wouldn't set right with me, but I may use Simisage again in a team for wi-fi. He does have a potential of being a good pokemon, especialy if they ever release those stupid stat berries...

Draco.
20th August 2012, 12:14 PM
i used my simisage all the way trough my gameplay, but now i never use it,
i think he is at lv.60+ ^^

Patri25
22nd August 2012, 2:03 AM
I never use my monkey, he is always in my box

Pyrotechnet
22nd August 2012, 8:12 AM
Used Pansear as an HM slave and tagalong until I had enough Pokemon on my team that there wasn't a slot for it. I carried it for quite some time if I recall, but never actually battled with it. I boxed it and evolved when I finally acquired a fire stone. Still never actually used it.

Reasoning? I battle with Pokemon I like because that's the way I learned growing up. I dislike Pansear and Simisear. Nothing against them, I just don't like 'em. I really don't like the elemental monkeys at all, any of them. Also, I had two fire types I that wanted (Volcarona and Chandelure) so there wasn't room for another one....