PDA

View Full Version : Ask the experts... at your own risk. (READ FIRST POST)

Pages : [1] 2

Fox
15th March 2005, 1:12 AM
This thread is for those who want to get their Move Sets and teams rated and aren't afraid to get brutally honest replies. Flaming in this thread will be allowed to a certain extent so long as it does not break any of the following:

1) Do not flame just to flame, post at least something to improve the team.
2) Do not reply to the flame with more flaming or complaining, remember, you posted at your own risk.
3) Those who reply to teams, don't use profane language, that won't be tolerated.
4) Do not post a reply just agreeing with another post without adding your own insightful tidbits.
5) Spam still won't be allowed so think before you post and if you have a problem with someone here, take it to PM. This thread WILL NOT turn into a flamewar and anyone who starts and/or continues any wars will most likely be banned.

The purpose of this thread is for people to get their threads rated brutally honestly. It also allows the experts a place to let loose with limitations. Do not abuse this thread or it will be permanently shut down.

Ok so we can flame once and then that's it. Cool.I prefer it being brutally honest, but to clarify, feel free to say how much a team sucks, but be sure to say why and how to fix it. Also, as I said, keep swearing to 0 even if its censored.

One more thing, DO NOT post lame comments about the subforum in general or any bits of spam. Thou hast been warned.

Shining Mew
15th March 2005, 1:29 AM
No kidding guys... we will be watching you ;D And also, I know some of you are fond of like less than 5 word sarcastic posts... lets try not to get into that ok?

And no "YOURE BANNED FROM THE THREAD" stuff >>

Powerful_Blaziken88
15th March 2005, 4:44 AM
Allow me to be the first one to ask for rating, will someone please rate this Ho-oh? Note: not an NB pokemon so no hidden power adjustments, no EV changes, etc etc. my hidden power is 56 flying (I know, isn't it great?[Sarcasm])

Ho-oh@Pataya berry
Nature: Rash (have to stick with that, from colosseum. not a bad one anyway for it's purpose)
EVs: 252 special attack, 252 speed, 6 attack
sacred fire (Note: I did use PP Ups on that move so low PP isn't a huge issue)
Solarbeam
Earthquake
Sunny day

A standard sunnybeamer, and earthquake is there, despite me having few attack EVs, is there to cover fire types that are strong to my sunnybeaming moves. I mainly was inclined to teach it something physical due to it's really high attack base stat and it's 28-30 IV for attack.
Tell me what you think.

Draconic Mage
15th March 2005, 5:23 AM
P.S. Allow me to be the first one to use this thread properly, will someone please rate this Ho-oh? Note: not an NB pokemon so no hidden power adjustments, no EV changes, etc etc. my hidden power is 56 flying (I know, isn't it great?[Sarcasm])

Ho-oh@Pataya berry
Nature: Rash (have to stick with that, from colosseum. not a bad one anyway for it's purpose)
EVs: 252 special attack, 252 speed, 6 attack
sacred fire (Note: I did use PP Ups on that move so low PP isn't a huge issue)
Solarbeam
Earthquake
Sunny day

A standard sunnybeamer, and earthquake is there, despite me having few attack EVs, is there to cover fire types that are strong to my sunnybeaming moves. I mainly was inclined to teach it something physical due to it's really high attack base stat and it's 28-30 IV for attack.
Tell me what you think.

Now, I'm not too good at lUber rating, but this is what I have to say.

Fire pokemon don't make good sunnybeamers, due to lack of cloryphyl. I can see that you are going for a speical sweeper, and I guess that's fine. Most stuff that can out-run you can do alot of damage to you. But since this is CvC, you shouldn't have to worry about Jask or swellow OHKOing you with HP rock. Jolt, trode, Areo, and some others still pose a problem, but you can take them out, except areo, who will OHKO.

Fox
15th March 2005, 6:04 AM
I will say this once more. This thread is for teams to get rated and such, not to debate on what's competetive and what's not.

Powerful_Blaziken88
15th March 2005, 6:11 AM
Sorry about that, just I can't help arguing back sometimes when an argument is made specifically against me.

Anyways, back on topic: Draconic Mage, thanks for the honest reply. I know Aerodactyl/Jolteon can cause me problems, and Jolt falls under the earthquake coverage category. Aerodactyl, I know to switch. Electrode, I can't see beating a Ho-oh. it doesn't have enough Sp. Atk to damage my high Sp. Def (I know I have a hindering nature but the base stat is still way high) and the only rock attack it can learn is rollout, a total joke, especially on Electrode's absolutely horrible attack. Electrode gets PWNed by an earthquake anyway.

Jenna Haze
16th March 2005, 10:09 PM
This is for in game wireless battling, just want to know what looks good/bad on it. So have at it.

Gyarados
-Earthquake
-Taunt
-Dragon Dance
-Return

Forretress
-Spikes
-Rapid Spin
-Explosiom
-Toxic

Suicune
-Surf
-Roar
-Rest
-Calm Mind

Dragonite
-Focus Punch
-Substitute
-Ice Beam
-Thunderbolt

Umbreon
-Mean Look
-Baton Pass
-Confuse Ray
-Moonlight

Sceptile
-Agility
-Leaf Blade
-Crunch
-Dragon Claw

Alexander the great V2
17th March 2005, 4:00 AM
Replace scepie's agitlity with HP eletric/thunderpunch, and ull be doinn fine with that team

;006; ;003; ;009;

Hey Micky!
17th March 2005, 10:54 AM
Gyarados
-Earthquake
-Taunt
-Dragon Dance
-Return
Meh, you got nothing else to put in Return's place since Gyarados needs Hidden Power.

-I suppose Flail is an option, but it takes too long to get down to a low HP and make it usable.
-Thunder Wave is an option but leaves you ultra exposed.
-Body Slam is an option which fills as a sort of Return/Wave combo
-On NB, Hydro Pump is considered an option for covering Weezings/Steelixes, while Fire Blast is considered an option for Skarms/Forrys. If this is off NB there's no point in it though (and I'm pretty sure its off NB).

Forretress
-Spikes
-Rapid Spin
-Explosiom
-Toxic
Why do you wanna blow up your Rapid Spinner? >,<

-Earthquake > Toxic, if you're decent with prediction. You can surprise Fire types and Magnetons on the switch in.
-Rest > Explosion if you intend to keep Rapid Spin, otherwise Counter/Reflect/Light Screen > Rapid Spin. Spin & Boom are keepable on the same set but it's a bit ... >,<

Suicune
-Surf
-Roar
-Rest
-Calm Mind
Standard (well, 1 of them)

Dragonite
-Focus Punch
-Substitute
-Ice Beam
-Thunderbolt
Standard

Umbreon
-Mean Look
-Baton Pass
-Confuse Ray
-Moonlight
-Taunt > C-ray
-Wish is optional > Moonlight.

Sceptile
-Agility
-Leaf Blade
-Crunch
-Dragon Claw
Meh, it's a fine ingame set (and could last Link Battles) but Sceptile can't stand up to the likes of 'zam since it can't get super effectives with ease. You definately need to ditch Agility for another Special Attack. A Special Hidden Power, thunderpunch or Pursuit are your best options.

If you can be bothered to breed:

-Leaf Blade
-Substitute
-Leech Seed
-Focus Punch / Toxic / Pursuit / *Support Special Move*

Seems to work pretty nicely. Seed something and just keep Subbing 'til you can get 1 up that remains there permanently. Focus Punch works with Sub pretty nicely to put a hurting on Blissey (though it takes a handful of EVs in attack), but that's redundent off of NB. Toxic works with LS in the sense that the work together to drain HP, Pursuit attacks things switching out of Seed and a support Special Move will basically aid you in offense (things like Hidden Power *Ice/Fire* are favourable for attacking Grass types who resist Seed).

If this is off of NB it looks fine for taking out friends

Powerful_Blaziken88
17th March 2005, 9:06 PM
This is for in game wireless battling, just want to know what looks good/bad on it. So have at it.

Gyarados
-Earthquake
-Taunt
-Dragon Dance
-Return

Fine. I honestly think taunt is pointless on Gyarados and to replace it with thunderwave or fire blast (Skarm/Forre) but it's fine.

Forretress
-Spikes
-Rapid Spin
-Explosiom
-Toxic

Like Whisper in the Wind said, explosion shouldn't be on the same set with rapid spin. Replace it with EQ and possibly toxic with rest or maybe even curse if it's possible.

Suicune
-Surf
-Roar
-Rest
-Calm Mind
Honestly I like ice beam over either roar or rest to cover it's common counter, Venusaur, but it's fine IMO. Especially if this is for stuff like battling friends and/or battle tower.

Dragonite
-Focus Punch
-Substitute
-Ice Beam
-Thunderbolt
Standard

Umbreon
-Mean Look
-Baton Pass
-Confuse Ray
-Moonlight
Fine

Sceptile
-Agility
-Leaf Blade
-Crunch
-Dragon Claw

TPunch > agility. Sceptile doesn't need any more speed than it's already got.

Jesse
18th March 2005, 1:40 AM
This is a team (Or at least part of it) I am working on for Emerald, it isn't finished as I still have to bread to get some of the eggmoves. However when finished these are the moves I plan for them to have.

Metagross
Iron Defense
Psychic
Meteor Mash
EarthQuake

Charazard
Flame Thrower
Steel Wing (TM)
Ancient Power (Egg move)
Dragon Dance (Egg move)

Alakazam
Recover
Psychic
Thunder Punch(Egg move)
Calm Mind

Tyranitar
Screech
Crunch
EarthQuake
Hyperbeam

There is also going to me a Milotic and a Salamenc but I havn't chosen the moves for them yet.

klducks
18th March 2005, 1:55 AM
This is a team (Or at least part of it) I am working on for Emerald, it isn't finished as I still have to bread to get some of the eggmoves. However when finished these are the moves I plan for them to have.

Metagross
Iron Defense
Psychic
Meteor Mash
EarthQuake

agility > iron defense... rather just boost speed and sweep then take hits and ko in the end... if this is for battle tower, explosion > psychic or earthquake (those damn weezing suck in battle tower w/o a sp attack =[)

Charazard
Flame Thrower
Steel Wing (TM)
Ancient Power (Egg move)
Dragon Dance (Egg move)

aerial ace > steel wing; earthquake > ancient power

Alakazam
Recover
Psychic
Thunder Punch(Egg move)
Calm Mind

id breed for fire punch > recover but its still good

Tyranitar
Screech
Crunch
EarthQuake
Hyperbeam

substitute, focus punch, crunch, thunderbolt/rockslide

There is also going to me a Milotic and a Salamenc but I havn't chosen the moves for them yet.
UMA UMA UMA (damn you character limit)

leafgreen386
18th March 2005, 2:17 AM
I love Metagross, but I wouldn't put Iron Defense on it myself. It's a sweeper. Period. The end. Metagross is alot better at physical sweeping however, so Shadow Ball, Brick Break, and Sludge Bomb are all possibilities over ID and Psychic. You could also include agility on there to outspeed your opponents.

Charizard looks fine but use Rock Slide over Ancientpower.

Alakazam can't last long enough to use recover, give it another one of the elemental punches, maybe Ice Punch for a sort of weaker Bolt-Beam.

Dragon Dance>Screech. Use DD once or twice or Screech every time a new foe comes in? Hmmm... I wonder. Also, Hyper Beam=bad. You use it, then your opponent subs in someone with brick break and your through.

I've never used a Milotic outside of contests so I can't help you there.

Physical Salamence
DD
HP:Flying
EQ
~filler (somebody should know the standard move that goes here)

Special Salamence
Flamethrower
Hydro Pump
Crunch
Dragon Claw

Jshadias
18th March 2005, 2:31 PM
Metagross is far from "a sweeper. Period. The end." It has good defenses, good typing, good defensive moves, and the attack to still deal out great damage without focusing on attack.

filler on salamence is either flamethrower or a rock move...

leafgreen386
18th March 2005, 5:54 PM
I was merely trying to get my point across that Metagross is meant to be an attacker. It can withstand quite a few hits, of course, that's what is so great about it. But Metagross's best stat is attack and I doubt anyone will argue that. I've trained many Metagross, I know what its limits are, I know what its strengths are. Iron Defense helps you against what, EQ? Hello Flamethrower and Overheat. Fire type attacks are common and Metagross can withstand EQ. But if its speed stat isn't high enough it can't finish off the opponent before the opponent finishes it.

Jshadias
18th March 2005, 9:57 PM
...and I was merely trying to get my point across that Metagross can do other things very well, while your statement implied it was only good at one thing.

Yes Iron Defense "helps" you against earthquake... and makes you pretty much invulnerable to physical attacks.

Fire-type attacks aren't that common, and are meant mainly to target Skarmory and Steelix; Metagross shouldn't take that much with a few EVs in SpD and HP. STABbed fire moves are hardly a threat... fire types won't enjoy switching into Metagross's Earthquake complemented by Metagross's "best stat".

Powerful_Blaziken88
18th March 2005, 10:11 PM
...and I was merely trying to get my point across that Metagross can do other things very well, while your statement implied it was only good at one thing.

Yes Iron Defense "helps" you against earthquake... and makes you pretty much invulnerable to physical attacks.

Fire-type attacks aren't that common, and are meant mainly to target Skarmory and Steelix; Metagross shouldn't take that much with a few EVs in SpD and HP. STABbed fire moves are hardly a threat... fire types won't enjoy switching into Metagross's Earthquake complemented by Metagross's "best stat".
Unless that fire type is Charizard, in which then you're screwed unless your metagross has rock slide, but I don't know anyone who has that for competetive battling. Mine has it in my emerald rom but I just use that to goof off...

Jshadias
18th March 2005, 10:22 PM
I'm not interested in every little thing that beats a given Pokemon.

leafgreen386
18th March 2005, 10:31 PM
I haven't participated in competitive battling (other than against my friends) lately, so fire type attacks have probabaly become less popular since I last battled. But when I did nearly every team I fought had a Flamethrower, Fire Punch, Blaze Kick or Overheat.

Jesse
19th March 2005, 2:46 AM
... are you guys done... Besides if they switch out a fire type I'll just switch to Milotic shesh.

Groudon80
19th March 2005, 5:15 AM
And what if they are too fast, and trap you?

Agilitygross is awesome. Slap agility on there a few times, and he will be very fast and strong. They didn't give agility as a level up move to Metagross just for kicks.

charizard trainer #1
19th March 2005, 5:38 AM
Charizard:
Dragon claw,flamethrower, Earthquake, Sunny day

Scyther:
Sword dance, silver wind, aerial ace, slash

Nidoking:
Body slam, shadow ball, megahorn, Strength

Octillery:
Surf, flamethrower, thunder wave, ice beam

Jolteon:
Thunder bolt, substitute, baton pass, thunder wave

Tyranatar:
Crunch, Rock slide, earthquake, Flamethrower

Q: should i evolve scyther?

Cipher Admin Anti-Shipping
24th March 2005, 6:17 AM
UGhhhhh

YES EVOLVE SCYTHER

uhh dude you got like everytime off the SPP main site and they happened to be crappy sets

Intimidator
25th March 2005, 4:04 AM
Exeggutor@Petaya
Timid; EV's: 252 Spd/Sp. Atk, 6 HP
-Chlorophyll
Solar Beam
Sunny Day
Toxic
Psychic

Tyranitar@Leftovers
Adamant; EV's: 98 HP, 252 Atk, 160 Spd.
Sand Stream
Dragon Dance
Earthquake
Rock Slide
Taunt

Machamp@Choice Band
Adamant; EV's: 160 Spd, 252 Atk, rest in HP
-Guts
Cross Chop
Rock Slide
Earthquake
Facade
How does CB work on Champ anyway?

Arbok@Lum Berry
Adamant; EV's: 252 Atk/Spd, 6 HP
-Intimidate
Earthquake
Rock Slide
Glare
Sludge Bomb

Zapdos@Petaya Berry
Naughty; EV's: 201 Atk, 126 Speed, 183 Sp. Atk
-Pressure
Thunderbolt
Thunder Wave
Drill Peck
Hidden Power (Grass)

Blastoise@Petaya
Calm; EV's: 252 Sp. Def/HP, 6 Sp. Atk
-Torrent
Surf
Rapid Spin
Toxic
Mirror Coat

R/S:

Ninjask@Liechi Berry
Impish; EV's: 252 Spd/Atk, 6 HP
-Speed Boost
Substitute
Protect
Swords Dance
Baton Pass

Medicham@Salac Berry
Jolly; EV's: 252 Atk/Spd, 6 HP
-Pure Power
Substitute
Reversal
Rock Slide
Shadow Ball

Raichu@Petaya Berry
Timid Nature, 167 Sp. Atk/91 Spd/252 Atk.
-Static
Thunderbolt
Light Screen
Substitute
Thunder Wave

Metagross@Liechi Berry
Adamant, 140/252/0/100/0/18
-Clear Body
Agility
Earthquake
Meteor Mash
Explosion

Salamence@Lum Berry
Lonely, 64/252/0/130/64/0
-Intimidate
Dragon Dance
Rock Slide
Earthquake
Flamethrower

Blaziken@Salac Berry
Naive, 252 Atk/Spd, 6 HP
-Blaze
Endure
Reversal
Swords Dance
Overheat

leafgreen386
25th March 2005, 4:19 AM
Your first team is good except I can't figure out how it's themed or why Toxic is on Executor. Choice Band works the same on all pokemon. You can only use one move but its power is multiplyed by 1.5
You're second team is good as well but why is Sub on Raichu? Get rid of LS or T-wave with Focus Punch if you want to keep it.
Unfortunently, you wouldn't be able to go into a competitive scenario with item clause with either team because of repeat berries.
Mostly standards, I'll let someone else figure out if the types are well balenced or correct me on something I missed because I'm tired and going to log off soon.

Groudon80
26th March 2005, 9:25 AM
Silver wind over protect on jask

charizard trainer #1
28th March 2005, 2:34 AM
UGhhhhh

YES EVOLVE SCYTHER

uhh dude you got like everytime off the SPP main site and they happened to be crappy sets

Yep, your right, the moves set are pretty bad at the main site- i lost to a person who i generally beat. The match was yesterday. Did bad...

I need help- big time because school comp. is coming and i generally come n the top 8. This year i'll come last.

Missingno. Master
29th March 2005, 4:51 PM
Alright, people, here's my Gyarados MS, free for all of you to rate. Go ahead, I can take the brutal honesty.

Gyarados *Shiny*
Item; Salac Berry
Nature; Careful (+ Special Defense, - Special Attack)
Dragon Dance
HP Flying (Yes, I was lucky enough to get HP Flying on a shiny Gyarados)
Taunt
Earthquake
EVs; Can't remember, though a lot, if not all, went into Attack and Speed.

The Careful nature decreases Special Attack, which Gyarados never uses anyway, and increases Special Defense, so if by some chance I run into an opponent that unexpectedly T-Bolts Gyarados, I'll still survive to switch him out.

Dragon Dance is obvious; to increase Gyarados's attack so he can hit harder, and to increase his speed so he can get those hard hits in first.

It was very lucky that I got HP Flying on my Gyarados, because it's one of the few times Gyarados can profit from having STAB on his moves.

Taunt is to stop the tricky opponents who'll try using moves like Charm, Haze, ect. to lower Gyarados's raised Attack and Speed.

Earthquake was an obvious choice for Gyarados- I mean, why let that godly Attack stat go to waste?

Netbattle
29th March 2005, 5:26 PM
Adamant - 252 Atk / 212 Spd / 44 Hp
Dv's - 31/31/31/30/30/30

Jolly - 252 Atk / 172 Spd / 84 Hp
Dv's - 31/31/31/30/30/30

Adamant outspeeds alakazam/sceptile/dugtrio after 1 Dance
Jolly outspeeds Jolteon and friends after one Dance

Cipher Admin Anti-Shipping
29th March 2005, 10:08 PM
Careful? Forget that, Adamant

CharZard
29th March 2005, 10:47 PM
Here's my team for FR. I want to start battling more competitively but this team REALLY sucks and I want to know if anybody has any suggestions:

LVL. 55 Charizard @ nothing
Blast Burn
Flamethrower
Wing Attack
Slash

LVL. 59 Zapdos @ Amulet Coin
Thunder
Drill Peck
Detect
Agility (I might change it to Shock wave which never misses)

LVL. 54 Moltres @ nothing
Flamethrower
Fire Spin
Fly
Endure

LVL. 54 Articuno @ Quick Claw
Blizzard
Ice Beam
Mist
Mind Reader

LVL. 67 Kadabra @ nothing
Future Sight
Role Play
Psychic
Trick

LVL. 70 Mewtwo @ nothing
Pyschic
Swift
Recover
that other move he has when you catch him…

PLEASE HELP ME!!! Be as honest as you want! I really need any help I can get by now!

Missingno. Master
30th March 2005, 3:20 PM
Careful? Forget that, Adamant
Well then, I'm going to raise ANOTHER Gyarados. Adamant this time. I'm still keeping my shiny Gyarados, though. ;130;

Cradily Fan
31st March 2005, 5:20 PM
I've got a team too. Here it is:

Ninjask @ Leftovers
Adamant nature
EVs: 252 Attack 252 Speed 6 Hp
Silver Wind
Swords Dance
Double Team
Baton Pass

Baton passer. Self-explanatory.

Aggron @ Shell Bell
Adamant nature
Earthquake
Rock Slide
Aerial Ace
Iron Tail

Physical sweeper. Intended target of Ninjask's Baton Pass.

Alakazam @ Shell Bell
Modest nature
EVs: 252 Special Attack 252 Speed 6 Hp
Calm Mind
Thunderpunch
Ice Punch
Psychic

Special sweeper.

Torkoal @ Leftovers
Calm nature
EVs: 252 Special Defense 252 Defense 6 Hp
Rest
Amnesia
Iron Defense
Toxic

Tank. Toxic over Heat wave so I can just sit back and relax.

Raichu @ Leftovers
Modest nature
Sweet Kiss
Attract
Thunderwave
Thunderbolt

Annoyer.

Blissey @ Leftovers
Modest nature
Calm Mind
Psychic
Softboiled
Heal Bell

A tank/healer hybrid. Calm Mind raises Special Defense, so the only thing you've got to worry about is its Defense. Psychic is there as an anti-Fighting move. It can pretty much handle other non-super-effective moves with Softboiled.

Hope its ok!!

Hey Micky!
31st March 2005, 5:53 PM
Ninjask @ Leftovers
Adamant nature
Silver Wind
Swords Dance
Double Team
Baton Pass

Baton passer. Self-explanatory.
Double-Team = No-No. I forfeit the moment I see someone use it out of principle.

Double-team means total dependence on Hax. The battle officially went from skill to luck the moment the move was used. Dependence on luck hinders your growth as a skilful player.

Ditch it for Sub.

I also like AA/HP Flying > SWind with Max Speed on 'jask for other 'jasks. You rarely use SWind and when you do that 1/10 chance of a boost isn't likely enough...

Aggron @ Shell Bell
Adamant nature
Earthquake
Rock Slide
Aerial Ace
Iron Tail

Physical sweeper. Intended target of Ninjask's Baton Pass.
Shell Bell isn't effective/reliable enough in comp. battles. Leftovers tends to return more HP. Lefties/Liechi > Shell Bell.

Aerial Ace NEEDS to be ditched. 60 Power isn't enough. 120 power against fighting types... waste of move slot. Rock Head Double-Edge = Base 120 almost all the time. DE > AA.

Iron Tail is pretty risky with such crappy AC. Focus Punch > Iron Tail is worth considering (FP can be used even without Sub, since not everyone goes on the auto-offence).

Alakazam @ Shell Bell
Modest nature
Calm Mind
Thunderpunch
Ice Punch
Psychic

Special sweeper.
If Metagross shows up you're gonna miss Fire Punch. Still, pretty standard.

Shell Bell, once more, not good in competitive battling. Petaya/Salac/Lefties = better.

Torkoal @ Leftovers
Calm nature
EVs: 252 Special Defense 252 Defense 6 Hp
Rest
Amnesia
Iron Defense
Toxic

Tank. Toxic over Heat wave so I can just sit back and relax.
Sit back, relax, get Hazed ;) At the rate switches occur and the commonness of Blissey, Toxic-stalling has become pretty worthless. Toxic's main use nowadays is to force (the only common stat-upping tank) Suicune to use Rest, and sticking this in front of Suicune = Suicide.

the most Torkoal can do is be a half-decent SkarmBliss counter:

Torkoal@Leftovers

Curse
HP Fighting/Sludge Bomb
Rock Slide
Flamethrower

Raichu @ Leftovers
Modest nature
Sweet Kiss
Attract
Thunderwave
Thunderbolt

Annoyer.
Annoyers don't work, I stickied a topic about it ;)

Once more, the issue of switching becomes a problem. Switch to Duggy and this thing is dead. Sub / Punch / HP Ice or TWave / Bolt is favoured but 2 SkarmBliss counters is overkill..

Blissey @ Leftovers
Modest nature
Calm Mind
Psychic
Softboiled
Heal Bell

A tank/healer hybrid. Calm Mind raises Special Defense, so the only thing you've got to worry about is its Defense. Psychic is there as an anti-Fighting move. It can pretty much handle other non-super-effective moves with Softboiled.
Clerics are meant to switch in and out. you don't wanna stay there for a long time. It's SDef needs no boosting. It takes about 10% from special hits (easy to get rid of with lefties).

Seismic Toss > Psychic. Fighters aren't common enough, SubPunchers are a bigger issue, and they come in all shapes/sizes/types.

Thunder Wave/Ice Beam > Calm Mind. Beam is there for Gengar purposes.

----

I think you've got some issues with experience. A lot of sets you've chosen are as I'd like to call, "Communism sets". Basically meaning "In theory it works, in practice it doesn’t." With a lil practice versus 'reasonably experienced' opponents you'll find that they can do the fairy dance all over your team.

You have no form of hazer, so the moment Salamence kicks off 1 or 2 Dragon Dances you can pretty much kiss this team goodbye. You have no Suicune-counter, so that thing will tear through you.

You have 1 poke (Aggron) totally reliant on the possibility of Ninjask managing to pass it 2 speed boosts, and that won't happen with the amount of PHazers that are used and the fact that no competitive team should lack a PHazer.

I have my doubts that this is a Metagame (NetBattle/RSBot) team, but the point still stands about competitive non-AI teams. Versus the AI you'd be better off pulling out Dragon-Dancing Salamence and mocking it's lack of creative thought. Against "friends who don't battle competitively" just prepare a Sub reverser Heracross and you have yourself a win.

octillery49
31st March 2005, 7:34 PM
Here's my Umbreon for everybody to say how much they hate it :)

Umbreon
1. Faint Attack
2. Confuse Ray
3. Toxic
4. Moonlight

rawpokepower!
31st March 2005, 7:42 PM
maybe its little late to say this but dont evolve scyther its better the way it is if he becomes a scizor hell have 4xweakness to fire and have less speed but a little more def and att and most of steel attacks IMO suck

Ham
2nd April 2005, 1:45 PM
maybe its little late to say this but dont evolve scyther its better the way it is if he becomes a scizor hell have 4xweakness to fire

and no other weaknesses.

Scyther has x4 weak to rock(more common), x2 weak to electric, x2 weak to flying, a x2 weak to Ice, a x2 weak to fire that will still get it OHKOed, and I'm pretty sure I forgot some weak.

and have less speed

Hi Agility/Salac berry!

1 agility makes it faster than base 130ers.

but a little more def and att

20 boosts in both are not "a little".

and most of steel attacks IMO suck

and Dying to a bunch of attacks IMO sucks.

and IT STILL GETS SWORDS DANCE, AND DEFENSE TO USE IT.

Scizor > Scyther.

Luna Lovegood
3rd April 2005, 9:59 PM
maybe its little late to say this but dont evolve scyther its better the way it is if he becomes a scizor hell have 4xweakness to fire and have less speed but a little more def and att and most of steel attacks IMO suck

Then why don't you just use it's bug attacks like Silver Wind? Regardless of whether it's Scyther or Scizor it's still going to get destroyed by Skarmory, Steelix and only high defense normal/bug/steel resistant pseudo hazers. You may as well take advantages that Scizor offers. It can still Salac/Reversal and Baton Pass. There is no reason why you should use Scyther over Scizor unless you're planning on using some sort of Choice Band version, because then Scyther gets a slightly better variety of moves.

Here's my Umbreon for everybody to say how much they hate it

Umbreon
1. Faint Attack
2. Confuse Ray
3. Toxic
4. Moonlight

This is another "Annoyer" Umbreon and not even a good one at that. Annoyers suck in general (basically having moves such as Confuse Ray, Toxic and the like with no actual good damage dealing moves), but this isn't even taking advantage of Umbreon's best moves: Baton Pass, Taunt, and Mean Look. Confuse Ray isn't an absolutely horrible move, but with what you have here it's really really bad. You may Toxic them and then Confuse them, but they'll just switch out and most likely Heal Bell/Aromatherapy/Rest to cure themselves of Toxic. Faint Attack is also pretty useless :(.

Ninjask @ Leftovers
Adamant nature
Silver Wind
Swords Dance
Double Team
Baton Pass

Someone already rated your team, but I have to mention this. What the HELL are you thinking? You're going to rely on Double Team luck to get a Baton Pass off? At the very least you should have Substitute or Protect over Double Team to ensure that you at least get one Speed Boost Baton Passed to whatever sweeper you were planning on passing to.

Intimidator
8th April 2005, 2:12 AM
Scyther (F) @ Salac Berry
Trait: Swarm
EVs: 7 HP / 251 Atk / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Attract
- Baton Pass
- Silver Wind
- Swords Dance

Exeggutor (M) @ Salac Berry
Trait: Chlorophyll
EVs: 255 Spd / 255 SAtk
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Endure
- Giga Drain
- Leech Seed
- Psychic

Tyranitar (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Sand Stream
EVs: 98 HP / 252 Atk / 160 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Dragon Dance
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Taunt

Machamp (M) @ Salac Berry
Trait: Guts
EVs: 115 HP / 255 Atk / 140 Spd
- Cross Chop
- Earthquake
- Endure
- Rock Slide

Gyarados (M) @ Salac Berry
Trait: Intimidate
EVs: 6 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
- Dragon Dance
- Earthquake
- Endure
- Flail

Salamence (M) @ Lum Berry
EVs: 64 HP / 252 Atk / 130 Spd / 64 SAtk
Lonely Nature (+Atk, -Def)
- Aerial Ace
- Dragon Dance
- Earthquake
- Flamethrower

Pwner9999
12th April 2005, 8:14 AM
I'll rate this properly later when I'm not tired, but I can say a few things now.

Scyther: Attract will simply not work. And Scizor>>>>Scyther in almost every possible way.

Exeggutor: Please put Sunny Day on there, doubled speed will beat Salac any day.

Tyranitar is good =)

Machamp: I personally like the CB set. Put Focus Punch or another strong physical attack over Endure.

Gyarados: The standard is Taunt/Dragon Dance/Earthquake/HP Flying, but sice you have Tyranitar doing basically the same thing, I see no point. It might work sometimes, but overall it's not that great (actually IMO it isn't). It can't touch Gengar.

Salamence: Yes this is good.

Exeggutor, Machamp and Gyarados MUST BE CHANGED. Tyranitar's Sandstream will kill them immediately after they Endure anyway.
I suggest you get a phazer/hazer now, as you have no way to stop something from statting up and destroying you.

I'll rate your team in more detail later.

Koubagia
15th April 2005, 4:36 PM
Okay, here's my combo moveset:

Ninjask:
Protect
Substitute
Baton Pass
Taunt

With this I alternate Protect/Substitute until speed is maxed. Taunt is there if a hazer appears, as high speed means I will be able to attack first. I then Baton Pass to:

Claydol:
Cosmic Power
Ice Beam
Rest
Taunt

I needed the speed 'cos its slow, and if I get 2 attacks in a row before any defense/sp.defense added, this is totally pointless. It also helps with taunting Hazers. I max out defenses and Ice Beam opponents to death, Resting whenever necessary. I think Toxic would be good, but I can't think of what to take off.

Ham
15th April 2005, 10:44 PM
1) Ninjask doesn't get Taunt.

2) Claydol doesn't get Taunt.

3) Thusly, watch out for Suicune.

Zee-V70
16th April 2005, 4:41 AM
Here is my team:

Raichu (Love hurts meganizim)
Iron Tail
Thunder
Attract
Focus Punch

Sceptile (Blocking Ace meganizim)
Leaf Blade
Detect
Aerial Ace
Earthquake

Rayquaza (Flyhigh Speed meganizim)
Dragon Claw
Fly
Extremespeed
Dragon Dance

Kyogre (Thunderdancer meganizim)
Calm Mind
Thunder
Surf
Ice Beam

Flygon (Stallersand meganizim)
Crunch
Steel Wing
Dragonbreath
Sandstorm

Latias (Cleric meganizim)
Recover
Refresh
Dragonbreath
Mist Ball

leafgreen386
16th April 2005, 5:43 AM
I really hope you meant Surf not Rain Dance on Kyorge.

That should be Thunderbolt on Raichu and T-Wave over Iron Tail for Paratracting Punch(which looks like what you're going for), which isn't really the best.

Sceptile
Dragon Claw
Leaf Blade
Crunch
T-Punch

OR

Sceptile
Leaf Blade
HP:Ice
Sub
Leech Seed

Don't know a thing about Rayquaza except that it can be an excellent Special or Physical sweeper.

Try this:
Flygon@CB
HP:Bug
Quick Attack
EQ
I forget-either Steel Wing or Rock Slide

Can't help on Latias, either.

Groudon80
16th April 2005, 6:44 AM
Rayquaza
Dragon Dance
extremespeed
EQ
aerial ace/HP flying

better set on him. why would you have rain dance on kyogre?

Zee-V70
24th April 2005, 9:20 PM
I really hope you meant Surf not Rain Dance on Kyorge.
QUOTE]

I did mean surf instead of rain dance. Whoops!

[QUOTE=leafgreen386]That should be Thunderbolt on Raichu and T-Wave over Iron Tail for Paratracting Punch(which looks like what you're going for), which isn't really the best

That sounds reasonable.

Rayquaza
Dragon Dance
extremespeed
EQ
aerial ace/HP flying

Great idea!

Sceptile
Dragon Claw
Leaf Blade
Crunch
T-Punch

OR

Sceptile
Leaf Blade
HP:Ice
Sub
Leech Seed

That I can't do. I'll see if I can get something better in, though.

Try this:
Flygon@CB
HP:Bug
Quick Attack
EQ
Steel Wing

Nice. I'll have to get some other ground move, though. I wasted my earthquake on my Sceptile.

And don't worry. What luck. Latias just became the Potw (Moveset included)!

Nuclear_Rabbit
26th April 2005, 12:08 AM
Please burn this team down as hard as you can, seeing as it needs to be perfect for a tournament :).
Double items aren't allowed.

Opener:
Sceptile @ petaya Berry
4 Hp, 252 speed/sp. atk.
Modest Nature
Dragon claw
leech seed
Leaf blade
Substitute

Miltank @ leftovers
252 HP, 128 atk/speed evs.
Adamant Nature
Thunder wave
Milk Drink
Heal bell
Return

Weezing @ quick claw
252 hp/def 4 sp. evs
Bold nature
Fire blast
Haze
Rest
Will-o-wisp

Slowbro @ Chesto Berry
252 hp 128 sp.atk/def ev's
Own tempo
Bold Nature
Calm mind
psychic
surf
rest

Salamence @ Lum berry
252 atk/sp. 4 hp
Adamant nature
Earthquake
aerial ace
brick break
dragon dance

Marowak @ Thick Club
128 hp/def 252 Atk
Adamant nature
Rock head
Bonemerang
aerial ace
ancientpower
double-edge.

Any comment is appreciated :)

lincoln174
26th April 2005, 11:47 AM
Can you please rate my team, thanks.

Skarmory:
-Drill Peck
-Spikes
-Whirlind
-Substitute

Slowking:
-calm Mind
-Surf
-Ice Beam
-Psychic

Snorlax:
-Curse
-Shadowball
-Return
-Rest

Camerupt:
-Earthquake
-Rock Slide
-Flamethrower
-???

Jolteon:
-Thunderbolt
-Thunder Wave
-Bite
-Wish

Venusaur:
-Toxic
-Leech Seed
-Magical Leaf
-Protect

Any input is welcomed.

Groudon80
26th April 2005, 9:54 PM
Skarmory:
-Drill Peck
-Spikes
-Whirlind
-Substitute

SKARM CAN'T LEARN BOTH DRILL PECK AND WHIRLWIND

Slowking:
-calm Mind
-Surf
-Ice Beam
-Psychic

THAT'S OKAY.

Snorlax:
-Curse
-Shadowball
-Return
-Rest

YAH

Camerupt:
-Earthquake
-Rock Slide
-Flamethrower
-???

BRAVE NATURE. EQ, ROCK SLIDE, FLAMETHROWER, RETURN/EXPLOSION

Jolteon:
-Thunderbolt
-Thunder Wave
-Bite
-Wish

YEAH.

Venusaur:
-Toxic
-Leech Seed
-Magical Leaf
-Protect

OH YES! YES ER... I MEAN.. HP GRASS/RAZOR LEAF, LEECH SEED, SLUDGE BOMB, MEH.

Any input is welcomed

Netbattle
26th April 2005, 10:05 PM
Please burn this team down as hard as you can, seeing as it needs to be perfect for a tournament :).
Double items aren't allowed.

Opener:
Sceptile @ petaya Berry
4 Hp, 252 speed/sp. atk.
Modest Nature
Dragon claw
leech seed
Leaf blade
Substitute

Fine for In-game

Miltank @ leftovers
252 HP, 128 atk/speed evs.
Adamant Nature
Thunder wave
Milk Drink
Heal bell
Return

No Speed evs, t-wave covers it, seismic toss > return or steels/rocks say hi. it's a tank so a + Def/Sdef nature def/Sdef/HP evs

Weezing @ quick claw
252 hp/def 4 sp. evs
Bold nature
Fire blast
Haze
Rest
Will-o-wisp

Sludge Bomb > FB, Pain Split > Rest, impish - 252 Def,220HP,rest in atk

Slowbro @ Chesto Berry
252 hp 128 sp.atk/def ev's
Own tempo
Bold Nature
Calm mind
psychic
surf
rest

Ice Beam > Psychic

Salamence @ Lum berry
252 atk/sp. 4 hp
Adamant nature
Earthquake
aerial ace
brick break
dragon dance

Hp Flying > AA, Rock Slide/Flamethrower >>>>>> Brick Break (even FT with adamant, BB only works on CB mence)

Marowak @ Thick Club
128 hp/def 252 Atk
Adamant nature
Rock head
Bonemerang
aerial ace
ancientpower
double-edge.

Jolly - 252 Atk / 252 Spd / 6 Hp
Rock Slide >>>>>>>>>>> AP
Focus Punch >>>>>> BB, [Bonmerang is generaly more effective then BB]
Swords Dance/Substitute >> DE (sub stops weezing)

Any comment is appreciated :)

One team done,

Can you please rate my team, thanks.

Skarmory:
-Drill Peck
-Spikes
-Whirlind
-Substitute

DP + WW is illegal, DP + Roar or WW + Aerial Ace/HP Flying
Rest > Sub

Slowking:
-calm Mind
-Surf
-Ice Beam
-Psychic

Rest > Psychic
Slowbro > Slowking

Snorlax:
-Curse
-Shadowball
-Return
-Rest

Camerupt:
-Earthquake
-Rock Slide
-Flamethrower
-???

EQ/RS/FT/Explosion - exploding camels are cool, no matter what anyone else says

Jolteon:
-Thunderbolt
-Thunder Wave
-Bite
-Wish

T-Bolt/Sub/HP Ice or Grass/Baton Pass

Venusaur:
-Toxic
-Leech Seed
-Magical Leaf
-Protect

Leech Seed/Sub or Synthesis or even Earthquake/Sludge Bomb/Sleep Powder

Any input is welcomed.

;089; MUUUUUUUUUUK!!!!!

Hot Nikkels
5th May 2005, 12:42 AM
**Edited with EVs/natures**

Here's my NB team, just started a few days ago.

Cloyster@leftovers
Bold
Hp 252/Def 129/Sp At 129

Ice Beam
Rapid Spin
Spikes
Surf

Arcanine@leftovers
Naughty
HP 129/At 252/ Spd 129

Extremespeed
Heat Wave
Iron Tail
Roar

Tyranitar@leftovers (thinking maybe Salac instead?)
Adamant
HP 88/At 252/Spd 170

Crunch
Focus Punch
Substitute
Earthquake

Could you explain why I should have T-bolt over EQ? I kind of had him pegged for physical

Scizor@leftovers (also maybe Salac, but I might need that extra health for another stat up)
Impish
HP 252/Df 129/ Sp De 129

Agility
Baton Pass
Silver Wind
Swords Dance

Gengar@Salac
Timid
HP 6/Spd 252/ Sp At 252

Destiny Bond
Thunderbolt
Shadow Ball
Psychic

Blissey@leftovers
Bold
HP 252/ De 252/ Sp De 6

Thunderwave
Softboiled
Aromatherapy
Seismic Toss

leafgreen386
5th May 2005, 1:12 AM
Um, EVs? Natures? Until you post EVs/Natures, I'll only do one thing for this team: Fix that terrible boah imatation.

Tyraniboah@leftovers
Quiet 252 HP/68 Spd/190 Sp.Atk
Sub
Punch
Crunch
T-Bolt

Hot Nikkels
6th May 2005, 7:19 AM
OK my revised team

not really just switched a few things around

Cloyster@leftovers
Bold
HP 252/ Def 129/ Sp Att 129

Spikes
Surf
Ice Beam
Rapid Spin

Arcanine@leftovers
Naughty
HP 129/ Att 252/ Spd 129

Extremespeed
Heat Wave
Iron Tail
Roar

Tyranitar@leftovers
Quiet
HP 252/ Spd 68/ Sp Att 190

Crunch
Bolt
Substitute
Focus Punch

Scizor@leftovers
Impish
HP 252/ Def 129/ Sp Def 129

Agility
Sword Dance
Baton Pass
Silver Wind

Dugtrio@leichi
Jolly
Arena Trap
HP 6/ Att 252/ Spd 252

Aerial Ace
Earthquake
Rock Slide
Sludge Bomb

Blissey@leftovers
Bold
HP 252/ Def 252/ Sp Def 6

Thunderwave
Softboiled
Aromatherapy
Seismic Toss

Groudon80
6th May 2005, 10:20 PM
HP flying>AA on duggy, also arcanine is really bad with 129/129/252.

leafgreen386
6th May 2005, 10:51 PM
I'm not very good with Arcanine, otherwise I'd help you with the EVs. Flamethrower>Heat Wave

CB>leichi on Dugtrio, and, as Groudon80 said, HP:Flying>AA.

For the most part, good pick on natures, and EVs too, as far as simpler spreads go.

Aaron
7th May 2005, 1:45 AM
HP flying>AA on duggy

dugtrio needs aerial ace > hp flying so that it can have hp bug.

Groudon80
7th May 2005, 3:41 AM
Oh yeah, I forgot about that, so EQ, RS, AA, HP bug. @CB Missed that too, but I wasn't thinking straight. :/

Melfice
7th May 2005, 4:03 PM
Just thought I'd see how mauld my current team will get, havent played since red/blue so these new mechanics are proveing to be interesting, so here it is:
(Currently all lv66)

Charizard(Serious):
HP:204 Sp.Att:180 Spd:160
Slash
Flamethrower
Blast Burn
Sunny Day

Tyranitar(Jolly):
Hp:230 Att:219 Def:169
Torment
Hyper Beam
Crunch
Earthquake

Aggron(Bashful)
Hp:184 Att:173 Def:265
Double-Edge
Metal Claw
Iron Tail
Protect

Sneasel(Timid)
Hp:173 Att:138 Spd:192
Metal Claw
Swords Dance
Faint Attack
Slash

Lapras(Naughty)
Hp:260 Sp.Att:131 Def:147
Ice Beam
Surf
Hydro Pump
Rain Dance

Dragonite(Timid)
Hp:210 Att:189 Sp.Att:155
Hyper Beam
Outrage
Dragon Claw
Brick Break

Currently I'm not too happy with Sneasel and I'm thinking of changeing it for a Special Defender....

Groudon80
7th May 2005, 9:07 PM
Get out of the competitive team rate. That is not competitive. First, moves like blast burn and hyper beam suck, second, you are doubling up on moves, and third, you have crappy natures, and not posting the EVs.

Hot Nikkels
9th May 2005, 4:23 AM
Yea Heat Wave misses more than it should, I out Flamethrower on. Why not 252/129/129? What would you reccomend?

Darkbolt
9th May 2005, 4:39 AM
I modified my NB team. plz check

Marowak@Thick club
Adamant nature
EVs 252 HP, 252 Attack, 6 Sp def
-Bonemerang
-Rock slide
-Aerial ace
-Double edge

Ampharos@Lum berry
Quiet nature
EVs 252 Sp. att, 84 Def, 174 Sp.def
-Thunderbolt
-Fire punch
-Substitute
-Focus punch

Sceptile@Salac berry
Modest nature
EVs 240 Sp.att, 218 Def, 40 Sp.def, 24 Speed
-Crunch
-Leaf blade
-Thunderpunch
-HP ice

Milotic@Leftovers
Modest nature
EVs 252 Sp.att, 154 Def, 104 Def
-Surf
-Ice beam
-Recover
-Mirror coat

Gardevoir@Lum berry
Timid nature
EVs 252 Speed, 200 Sp.att, 52 Def, 6HP
-Calm mind
-Magical leaf
-Psychic
-Ice punch

Salamence@Leftovers
Adamant nature
EVs 252 Attack, 200 Speed, 58 HP
-Dragon dance
-Earthquake
-Rock slide
-HP flying

Kaiser
9th May 2005, 5:34 PM
I modified my NB team. plz check

Marowak@Thick club
Jolly nature
EVs 252 Spd, 252 Attack, 6 Hp
-Bonemerang
-Rock slide
-Swords dance
-Focus Punch

Ampharos (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Static
EVs: 136 HP / 147 Atk / 70 Spd / 157 SAtk
Quiet Nature (+SAtk, -Spd)
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Grass / Ice]
- Substitute / Fire Punch
- Focus Punch

Sceptile (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Overgrow
EVs: 6 HP / 252 Spd / 252 SAtk
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Leaf Blade
- Leech Seed
- Substitute

Milotic@Leftovers
Calm nature
EVs 196 HP / 134 SDef / 180 SAtk i dont remember the exact EVs
-Surf
-Ice beam
-Recover
-Mirror coat / Hypnosis

Gardevoir@Lum berry
Timid nature
EVs 252 Speed, 252 SAtk , 6 Hp
-Calm mind
-T punch
-Psychic
-Ice punch

Salamence@Leftovers
Adamant nature
EVs 252 Attack, 200 Speed, 58 HP
-Dragon dance
-Earthquake
-Flamethrower
-HP flying

meeeeeeeeeh

-MK ;376;

majin_brolly
9th May 2005, 6:27 PM
i want to improve my team
but if you cange some of the moves or the e.v....so pleaseexplain me why your idea is better. thank u

blaiziken@---
adamant
252- attack....252-speed
over heat
bulk up
rockslide
sky upperc...

salamence@----
naughty
252-attack....252-speed
dragon dance
earthquake
aeriel ace
brick break/???? (help me on that one)

milotic@-----
calm
252-sp.atk and 252 sp.def
surf
icebeam
toxic
recover

dusclops@-----
relaxed
252-sp.def and 252 def
cure
rest
shadow ball
icebeam/---- ??

gardevior@----
naive
252-sp.atk and 252 -speed
psychic
thunderbolt
calm mind
fire punch/hypnosis ???

magneton@---
hardy
252-sp.atk and 252-speed
thunderbolt
hp fire
thunderwave
metal sound/???

Kaiser
9th May 2005, 9:12 PM
i want to improve my team
but if you cange some of the moves or the e.v....so pleaseexplain me why your idea is better. thank u

Blaziken (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Blaze
EVs: 6 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Naďve Nature (+Spd, -SDef)
- Overheat
- Rock Slide
- Sky Uppercut
- Swords Dance

Blaziken needs more speed to outspeed things of 285 of speed.he can up attack with swords dance so adamant nature isn't really necessary.

salamence@CB
Adamant
252-attack 252-speed 6 HP
rock slide
earthquake
hidden power flying
flamethrower

Salamence does better at CBing than DDncing.he doesn't have enough time to DD so for making a lot of damage he needs CB.Flamethrower is there because Skarmory/forry is too common.

milotic@leftovers
calm
228 HP / 174 SDef / 108 SAtk
surf
icebeam
hypnosis
recover

milotic is a sp wall not a sp sweeper.hypnosis is there for obvious reasons.toxicstalling sucks a lot dont use it.

dusclops@leftovers
impish
252 HP / 96 Atk / rest in defenses
shadow ball
pain split
focus punch
WoW

curse is totally *** in ghost pokes.it takes down ur HP.a pokemon that learns Pain split > rest.

gardevior@-Lefotverts
Timid
252-sp.atk and 252 -speed & 6 HP
psychic
thunderbolt
calm mind
Ice punch

magneton@leftovers
Modest
252 SAtk / enough for 222 Spd / rest in HP
thunderbolt
hp fire
sub
metal sound

-MK ;376; ;rukario;

majin_brolly
10th May 2005, 10:23 PM
thank you...and sorry for the question but i must ask what does choise band is for ??
i mean what is choise band doing to my pokemon ??????

leafgreen386
11th May 2005, 12:27 AM
It multiplies your Atk power by 1.5 but only allows you to use your first move selected as long as you hold the item(This is why people use the CB/Trick combo). This resets and you can choose a new move when you switch out.

Cromat
11th May 2005, 4:08 PM
CB Salamence isn't ALWAYS better...

Groudon80
11th May 2005, 11:12 PM
True, but I like CBmence better myself as a good CBer due to good speed/attack. Sala after a DD is nice, but still the hard part is setting him up.

Darkbolt
14th May 2005, 2:23 AM
DDmence works more for me. In my emerald and NB.

lincoln174
15th May 2005, 7:37 AM
should i do:

- bulk up
- EQ
- rock slide
- brick break

or

- sub
- focus punch
- rock slide
- EQ

thanks

AsakuraHao
15th May 2005, 6:12 PM
please rate my salamence and my mewtwo

my salamence:
salamence lvl100
hold item:leftovers
nature:adamant
evs:130 speed,252 attk,128 hp
dragon dance
aerial ace
earthquake
brick break

my mewtwo:
mewtwo lvl100
hold item:left overs
nature:modest
evs:252 speed,252sp.attk,6hp
recover
thunderbolt
ice beam
psychic

please be as truthful as possible since u people seem to be experts at this

Groudon80
15th May 2005, 6:18 PM
Timid>modest on mewtwo.

AsakuraHao
15th May 2005, 6:19 PM
i see hmm...eh well

Groudon80
15th May 2005, 6:21 PM
They are not bad, I'm assuming this isn't NB though, so considering its GBA, it is actually not bad at all.

AsakuraHao
15th May 2005, 6:24 PM
what in the world is nb?

Groudon80
15th May 2005, 6:26 PM
Netbattle, an online battle simulator.

AsakuraHao
15th May 2005, 6:27 PM
alright thanks for the help

lincoln174
18th May 2005, 3:41 PM
skarmory@leftovers:
impish
ev: sp. def & hp/attack
- roar
- drill peck
- spikes
- toxic

snorlax@leftovers
adamant
ev: hp & attack/def
- curse
- rest
- shadowball
- return

machamp@leftovers:
adamant
ev: attack & def/sp. def
- earthquake
- rock slide
- brick break
- bulk up

lanturn@leftovers:
modest
ev: sp. attack & hp/speed
- thuderbolt
- surf
- ice beam
- thunder wave

i an not sure what other two pokemon i could use in my team, i am thinking that i need another sweeper.

SceptileMaster
18th May 2005, 5:03 PM
Heres some pokemon from my team I'm trying to raise

Sceptile
leaf blade
earthquake
rock tomb
aerial ace

Milotic
ice beam
surf
hydro pump
recover

Aggron
Dynamic punch
iron tail
double-edge
thunderbolt

and I would like some opinions on move sets for my Flygon

ShinyRaichu
23rd May 2005, 3:26 AM
Needs rating.

Milotic
Attract
Surf
Ice Beam
Recover

Have your say.

leafgreen386
25th May 2005, 4:01 AM
What? So neither one of you post EVs/Nature? This will help both of you:

Milotic
Surf
IB
Hynosis
Recover

Now, if you want a competitive rate, get competitive. List EVs/Natures.

Neptune
25th May 2005, 8:21 PM
Crobat
Rash
EVs: Attack, Def

Return
Toxic
Confuse Ray
Mean Look
------------------------------

Slowking
Careful
EVs: Def

Surf
Psychic
Calm mind
Flamethrower

Gardevoir
Quiet
EVs: Def, Sp. Attack

Psychic
T-bolt
Attract
Calm Mind

Dusclops
Gentle
EVs:Speed, Attack

Night shade
Will-O-Wisp
Confuse Ray
Chesto rest
-------------------------------------

Skarmory
Jolly
EVs: Attack, Speed

Steel wing
Spikes
Roar
Fly
-------------------------------------
Please help me with this team.

orangekows
25th May 2005, 8:42 PM
Sceptile@Scope Lens
Modest (+Special attack, -attack)
EV's: 252 sp atk/252 spd/6 hp
~Thunderpunch
~Crunch
~Leaf Blade
~Dragon Claw

Meh... not the best set, but it works ingame

Salamence@???
Adamant (+attack, -special attack)
EV's: 252 atk/200 spd/52 sp def
~Dragon Dance
~Aerial Ace
~Earthquake
~Brick Break

The best physical sweeper in the game IMO.

Claydol@??? (stupid item clause)
Bold (+defense, -attack)
EV's: 252 hp/128 def/128 sp def
~Cosmic Power
~Psychic
~Rest
~Toxic

I think Claydol is a really good tank, it served me well on netbattle, so i decided to try it for ingame

Blissey@Leftovers
Bold (+defense, -attack)
Natural Cure
EV's: 128 hp/252 def/128 spd
~Aromatherapy
~Seismic Toss
~Thunder Wave
~Softboiled

Basicly a special wall... It can paralyse the whole team and KO some pokemon with seismic toss. very fun to use

Milotic@???
Timid (+speed, -attack)
EV's: 100 hp/60 def/252 sp atk/96 spd
~Surf
~Ice Beam
~Mirror Coat
~Recover

i dunno why milotic is here but it's like my favorite poke EVER. so yeah

Heracross@???
Adamant (+attack, -special attack)
Guts
EV's: 252 atk/252 spd/6 hp
~Swords Dance
~Megahorn
~Brick Break
~Earthquake

Physical sweeper number 2... heracross is just a cool poke.

yeah, so i need help with items and maybe movesets... thanks

RangerD
28th May 2005, 5:57 AM
These are 3 of the pokemon I want on my team. I have to come up with 3 more. >_< I can do breeding moves if I have to. PLease give me some pointers on what moves to add/subtract.

Vaporeon (M) @ (not a clue what to choose)
Trait: Water Absorb
EVs: 252 Hp, 252 Sp. Attack, 6 Sp. Defence
Modest
- Ice Beam
- Surf
- Bite
- Attract
I'm hoping this could be my Special Sweeper. I'm not sure if I want to keep charm.

Shiftry (F) @ (again, not sure)
Trait: Early Bird
EVs: 252 Attack, 252 Speed, 6 Hp
Adamant
- Aerial Ace
- Shadow Ball
- Brick Break
- Swords Dance

Phsycial Sweeper. Also, just a question; do Swift and Aerial Ace do the same thing?

Grumpig (M) @
Trait: Thick Fat
EVs: 252 Hp, 252 Sp. Defence, 6 Defence
Timid
- Light Screen
- Reflect
- Flash
- Psychic

My shield-guy. Please help him, I'm lost. D: Anywho, that's all the set I have for now. What other "Jobs" should I have on my team?

Groudon80
28th May 2005, 7:35 PM
explosion on shiftry, calm on grumpig. You don't have a physical sweeper. Drop grumpig, and get weezing/suicune/donphan.

Chris17
28th May 2005, 8:30 PM
This is my battle frontier team.Can you please help me improve it?Should i change one of my pokemons.
Swampert
Lv.100
Nature:Calm
Item hold:Leftovers
Attacks:
Earthquake
Muddy water
Blizzard
Rock tomb

Moltres
Lv.100
Item hold:Charcoal
Nature:Hardy
Attacks:
Fire blast
Flamethrower
Sky attack
Wing attack

Machamp
Lv.100
Nature:Brave(Att.points-371)
Attacks:
Dynamicpunch
Cross chop
Revenge
Seismic toss

Help with movesets and items.
Thanks

Misson_Togetic
28th May 2005, 8:35 PM
My best Emerald Team (out of all the rest)BTW, I forgot the EVs I gave them...

Blaziken@Salac Berry
Rash

Flamethrower
Thunder Punch
Endure
Reversal

Gardevoir@Petaya Berry
Modest

Psychic
Thunderbolt
Calm Mind
Destiny Bond

Milotic@Ganlon Berry
Quiet

Surf
Ice Beam
Toxic
Recover

Meganium@Leftovers
Rash

Razor Leaf
Leech Seed
Light Screen
Reflect

Slacking@Choice Band
Jolly

Return
Shadow Ball
Brick Break
Earthquake

Skarmory@Chesto Berry
Quirky

Fly
Spikes
Roar
Rest

Groudon80
28th May 2005, 8:36 PM
This is my battle frontier team.Can you please help me improve it?Should i change one of my pokemons.
Swampert
Lv.100
Nature:Calm
Item hold:Leftovers
Attacks:
Earthquake
Muddy water
Blizzard
Rock tomb

Calm lowers attack, get brave. EQ, surf, ice beam, curse

Moltres
Lv.100
Item hold:Charcoal
Nature:Hardy
Attacks:
Fire blast
Flamethrower
Sky attack
Wing attack

modest, flamethrower, filler

Machamp
Lv.100
Nature:Brave(Att.points-371)
Attacks:
Dynamicpunch
Cross chop
Revenge
Seismic toss

cross chop, earhtquake, rock slide, bulk up

Help with movesets and items.
Thanks
1/10 keep trying.

Basics
28th May 2005, 10:15 PM
Parasect @ Salac Berry
EVs: 252 Atk/252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd -S.Atk)
- Spore
- Endure
- Hidden Power [Bug]
- Flail

Doesn't get better than this. Well, Parasect doesn't, anyway. Does well with Par support.

Rhydon @ Leftovers
Evs: 200 HP/52 Def/252 S.Atk
Modest Nature (+S.Atk -Atk)
- Thunder
- Surf
- Blizzard
- Fire Blast

Tit-tacular.
Using numerology to count the Skarmorys I've sent to heaven/
Produces more digits than 22 divide by 7.

Groudon80
28th May 2005, 10:46 PM
Rhydon @ Leftovers
Evs: 200 HP/52 Def/252 S.Atk
Modest Nature (+S.Atk -Atk)
- Thunder
- Surf
- Blizzard
- Fire Blast

You are kidding, I hope.

Darkbolt
28th May 2005, 10:55 PM
Basics, I assume you're not a n00b For your other posts. But that Rhydon Moveset?

Rhydon (M) @ Choice Band
Trait: Rock Head
EVs: 200 HP / 252 Atk / 58 SDef
- Rock Blast
- Earthquake
- Megahorn
- Double-Edge

This is better

orangekows
28th May 2005, 11:30 PM
Basics, I assume you're not a n00b For your other posts. But that Rhydon Moveset?

Rhydon (M) @ Choice Band
Trait: Rock Head
EVs: 200 HP / 252 Atk / 58 SDef
- Rock Blast
- Earthquake
- Megahorn
- Double-Edge

This is better
he's kidding...

Basics
29th May 2005, 3:18 AM
Well... no, I was being original. Originality can win battles, and it's hella fun. The switch to a water type/Skarmory is how this Rhydon functions. It's obviously not as good as the standard, sorry if I gave that impression. But, seriously, we're not going to find much in a game that's been out as long as RS. Unpredictability is key. And, also, in regards to your set:

Rhydon @ Leftovers
200 HP/252 Atk/52 Def
Adamant Nature (+Atk -SAtk)
- Rock Slide/Rock Blast/Hidden Power [Rock]
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Double-Edge/Fire Blast

functions much better. Or, you could go even more standard with... Lefties, and run Sub-Focus Punch-Rock Slide-Earthquake.

Truly, Rhydon doesn't have the speed or staying power vs SAtks to use Choice Band. He works better as a Sub Puncher, or a sweeper, with Par Support.

DemonScythe
30th May 2005, 9:07 PM
Well I see thats taken care of
I want to ask a question about my uber Sweepers
If they will do?

Mew@Salac Berry
Jolly(-SpA,+Spd)
252spd/252att/6sSdef
-Bulk up
-Softboiled
-BrickBreak
-Return

Mewtwo@Leftovers
Modest(-Att,+Satt)
252Satt/200Sp/58def
-CalmMind
-Recover
-ThunderBolt
-Phychic

leafgreen386
30th May 2005, 9:30 PM
Leftovers>Salac on Mew. I don't know a lot about Mew, except that it has a lot of different standards. Mewtwo looks fine, but then again I don't play with Ubers, so I wouldn't know about the EVs.

Btw, for your Scizor, BP/SD/Sub/Agility @Liechi With the option of Silver Wind over Agility. If you choose to do so Salac>Liechi. Pass to someone who can outspeed base 130s with that Spd boost.

Kaiser
30th May 2005, 9:45 PM
for mew i usually use any of this sets:

bolt-beaming set...Mew@salac/lefties-modest:tbolt,ice beam,calm mind,softboiled

the subpunchboltbeamer:
mew@salac/lefties-rash:sub,punch,ice beam,tbolt

phys sweeper:
mew@lefties/salac-adamant:swords dance,eq,shadow ball,rock slide/softboiled

& for mew2:

Mewtwo @ leftovers
trait: pressure
EVs:252 SAtk / 252 Spd / 6 HP
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Psychic
- Ice beam / Thunderbolt
- Recover

-MK ;376; ;rukario; ;249-d;

Basics
30th May 2005, 10:25 PM
Your Mewtwo is 100% standard, and mew doesn't have enough speed to effectively pull off a Salac boost with Sub, especially when the chances are weighed against the difficulty. Stop offering Salac as an alternate option for Lefties, especially on Mew. It has extremely little use for the Salac boost, and it can really use the Lefties recovery.

Kaiser
30th May 2005, 10:38 PM
Your Mewtwo is 100% standard, and mew doesn't have enough speed to effectively pull off a Salac boost with Sub, especially when the chances are weighed against the difficulty. Stop offering Salac as an alternate option for Lefties, especially on Mew. It has extremely little use for the Salac boost, and it can really use the Lefties recovery.

Oh yeah!!!
i will make a Pinch Berries thread trying to explain why berries are good!!!

& salac is an OPTION,can u understand that? MEW SPEED BASE STAT = 100 =o

If u would try to make a mew set,u probably would use a toxic-shuffler set. -_-

DemonScythe
30th May 2005, 11:03 PM
If u would try to make a mew set,u probably would use a toxic-shuffler set.

Toxic shuffler....Quiet up there! my mew is not about to become an annoyer
those mews suck!
Allright how is this now....

Mew@Leftovers
Jolly(same as b4)
252att/252sp/6Sdef
-Bulk Up
-Softboiled
-Earthquake
-Return/RockSlide

Any better?......

Netbattle
31st May 2005, 9:15 AM
Mew - Swords Dance / Explosion / Earthquake / Shadow Ball

OR

Mew - Substitute / Focus Punch / (Thunderbolt/Ice Beam/Flamethrower) / Psychic

Last set has to have 252 HP evs.

Basics
31st May 2005, 10:27 PM
"Oh yeah!!!
i will make a Pinch Berries thread trying to explain why berries are good!!!

& salac is an OPTION,can u understand that? MEW SPEED BASE STAT = 100 =o

If u would try to make a mew set,u probably would use a toxic-shuffler set. -_-"

Well, if you're offering it as an option, why not also offer Focus Band? Or Quick Claw? Of course it's an option, you dolt. And I guess I worded it wrong: Mew does have the stats for it, but you would be running an ineffective Mew if you put enough EVs into Speed, etc etc. Also, it just straight-up doesn't need te Speed.

And if I were to use Mew, which I wouldn't, I would use

@ (No Item)
-Thunder Wave
-Softboiled
-Ice Beam
-Snatch

What with all the Lati@s, Groudon, and Rayquaza's. Snatching Lati@s' Soul Dew is Oh-so sweet. And Par support will really help out other pokes.

Kaiser
31st May 2005, 10:53 PM
Well, if you're offering it as an option, why not also offer Focus Band? Or Quick Claw? Of course it's an option, you dolt. And I guess I worded it wrong: Mew does have the stats for it, but you would be running an ineffective Mew if you put enough EVs into Speed, etc etc. Also, it just straight-up doesn't need te Speed.

And if I were to use Mew, which I wouldn't, I would use

@ (No Item)
-Thunder Wave
-Softboiled
-Ice Beam
-Snatch

What with all the Lati@s, Groudon, and Rayquaza's. Snatching Lati@s' Soul Dew is Oh-so sweet. And Par support will really help out other pokes.

Focus Band??? Lol.
quick claw is an acceptable item for retards that have bad defenses or something like that,but Focus Band?? U made me lol.

& there are tonz of better Movesets for mew that the one u posted,that only would work VS lati@s.but only with lati@s.

Learn more plz.

Basics
31st May 2005, 11:09 PM
My point was that Salac Berry is as random an idea as Focus Band. It's just dumb. It works, I guess. But, I mean, so does Twisted Spoon. You wouldn't catch me dropping that on Mew.

Ah, yes. vs Latias, and only vs Latias. I keep forgetting that stealing items from Blissey/Lugia/Ho-oh doesn't work, and that Thunder Wave only works on Lati@s. Jeez. I could always just run CM-SB-IB-TB, but I'm cooler than all that.

Kaiser
31st May 2005, 11:28 PM
My point was that Salac Berry is as random an idea as Focus Band. It's just dumb. It works, I guess. But, I mean, so does Twisted Spoon. You wouldn't catch me dropping that on Mew.

Ah, yes. vs Latias, and only vs Latias. I keep forgetting that stealing items from Blissey/Lugia/Ho-oh doesn't work, and that Thunder Wave only works on Lati@s. Jeez. I could always just run CM-SB-IB-TB, but I'm cooler than all that.

lol but salac actually can work & fb just sucks.
lol twisted spoon XD.

Basics
1st June 2005, 12:53 AM
Argh! You're not following. Twisted Spoon will work in guaranteeing a KO on some of the more iffy ones, and is much more reliable than a Salac Berry. Neither one comes anywhere close to Leftovers, though. There is so little reason to use Salac Berry that it is not worth mentioning.

Kaiser
1st June 2005, 3:12 AM
Argh! You're not following. Twisted Spoon will work in guaranteeing a KO on some of the more iffy ones, and is much more reliable than a Salac Berry. Neither one comes anywhere close to Leftovers, though. There is so little reason to use Salac Berry that it is not worth mentioning.

really,really u made me a big lol.

HOW the hell does a TWISTED SPOON WORKS BETTER THAN A ****ING SALAC ??????
seriously.

Basics
1st June 2005, 3:38 AM
*headdesk*

Forget it. Go on with your whatever. I'll try to explain again:

Pinch... Berries... Suck... If... You... Can't... Activate... Them... Reliably...

At least you can count on Twisted Spoon.

Netbattle
1st June 2005, 10:24 AM
Twisted spoon will only raise psychic attacks by 10%

Scenario: Mew has twistedspoon - (and randomly knows surf)

Mew vs Houndoom - now you wished you'd of had salac.

Seriously any pokemon that doesn't have leftovers/choice band as a hold item more often then not has a pinch berry. (scizor/yanma...................etc....etc.)

Hey Micky!
1st June 2005, 11:04 AM
Ok, seriously, take this berry discussion to the Pinch Berry thread. I'm just gonna warn any of you if you continue it in this thread since a huge chunk of this has just been you lot squabbling. This thread is about helping newbies, not arguing about Mew/items.

http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?t=67013 < Pinch Berry Thread, argue about how valuable they are there.

Oh yeah, just a minor point basics. Thief > Snatch. Snatch steals moves that don't do direct damage (I.E Calm Mind) and it won't steal items, which is kinda what you implied it does. The move you sounded like you were talking about was Thief... heh >_<;

Basics
1st June 2005, 10:12 PM
My mistake. And Snatch is also a great option. ;)

bootleofwater
8th June 2005, 3:00 AM
Rate my team:

GYARADOS@Leftovers
Intimidate

~Adamant

-Hp Flying
-Earthquake
-Dragon Dance
-Taunt

METAGROSS@Leftovers
Clear Body

~Adamant

-Sludge Bomb
-Meteor Mash
-Earthquake
-Agility

DRAGONITE@Leftovers
Inner Focus

~Naughty

-Focus Punch
-Substitute
-Ice Beam
-Thunder Bolt

LUDICOLO@Leftovers
Swift Swim

~Modest

-Giga Drain
-Surf
-Ice Beam
-Leech Seed

FLYGON@Choice Band
Levitate

~Naughty

-Fire Blast
-Earthquake
-Hp Rock
-Quick Attack

HOUNDOOM@Peteya Berry
Early Bird

~Modest

-Beat UP
-Pursuit
-Flamethrower
-Wil-O-Wasp

What do you think?

Groudon80
8th June 2005, 3:08 AM
EVs please... >>

bootleofwater
8th June 2005, 3:25 AM
Rate my team:

GYARADOS@Leftovers
Intimidate 252 in attack and speed, 6 in Hp.

~Adamant

-Hp Flying
-Earthquake
-Dragon Dance
-Taunt

METAGROSS@Leftovers
Clear Body

~Adamant 252 in attack and defense, 6 Hp.

-Sludge Bomb
-Meteor Mash
-Earthquake
-Agility

DRAGONITE@Leftovers
Inner Focus

~Naughty 210 in attack, 6 defense, 142 spec att, 75 spec def

-Focus Punch
-Substitute
-Ice Beam
-Thunder Bolt

LUDICOLO@Leftovers
Swift Swim

~Modest

-Giga Drain 255 spec att, 102 Hp, 51 speed, 102 spec def
-Surf
-Ice Beam
-Leech Seed

FLYGON@Choice Band
Levitate

~Naughty 255 att, 255 speed

-Fire Blast
-Earthquake
-Hp Rock
-Quick Attack

HOUNDOOM@Peteya Berry
Early Bird

~Modest

-Beat UP
-Pursuit
-Flamethrower 255 spec att, 255 speed
-Wil-O-Wasp

What do you think?

Groudon80
8th June 2005, 3:34 AM
K, Jolly gyarados, and you only need 172 speed EVs. Eh... I can't use NB right now so that's all I can say...

bootleofwater
8th June 2005, 4:52 AM
Why Jolly? Adamant, he doesn't use special attack anyway....

Darkbolt
8th June 2005, 4:58 AM
Jolly raises speed -_-

bootleofwater
8th June 2005, 5:07 AM
Yes, but Adamant raises attack which , IMO is more useful. Thanks to is inimidate is he can survive hits.

Netbattle
8th June 2005, 5:21 PM
it's up to preference anyway

Jolly, give it 264 + speed to out speed Aero/Jolt/Crobat after 1 DD

Adamant, give it 249 speed to out speed Sceptile/Zam/Dugtrio after 1 DD

IMO it depends on your team, in that team i think it should be Jolly

bootleofwater
9th June 2005, 1:39 AM
Yeah, I'll change it to see which works better.

colm
10th June 2005, 2:49 PM
I cannot think of a fourth move for Registeel (its role is physical tank), if there is anything else bad about my moveset please tell me. I cannot think of a nature, also.

Registeel Male lv 100
@Leftovers;
Ev: Attack: 252, Def:252, HP:6
Curse
Hidden Power Water
Explosion
????

Be brutally honest, please ;)
EDIT: This is my NB moveset, BTW.

Darkbolt
10th June 2005, 4:50 PM
I cannot think of a fourth move for Registeel (its role is physical tank), if there is anything else bad about my moveset please tell me. I cannot think of a nature, also.

Registeel Male lv 100
@Leftovers;
Ev: Attack: 252, Def:252, HP:6
Curse
Hidden Power Steel/Rock
Explosion/Earthquake
Rest

Be brutally honest, please ;)
EDIT: This is my NB moveset, BTW.

I would go with Careful/Impish but that's me

Netbattle
10th June 2005, 6:35 PM
Curse/Earthquake/Rest/[Thunder Wave/Explosion/Amnesia] - Careful/Sassy/Impish/Relaxed nature

Registeel can't attack for poo =o without curse, without curse seismic toss is the best bet.

Evs: some in HP / mostly Sdef and Def.

Regice and Regisock are a lot better then registeel

Regice - Ice Beam/Thunderbolt/Rest/[Thunder wave/Toxic/Psych Up/Sleep Talk/Seismic Toss]

Regisock - Curse/EarthQuake/Rock Slide/Rest

colm
10th June 2005, 7:50 PM
Curse/Earthquake/Rest/[Thunder Wave/Explosion/Amnesia] - Careful/Sassy/Impish/Relaxed nature

Registeel can't attack for poo =o without curse, without curse seismic toss is the best bet.

Evs: some in HP / mostly Sdef and Def.

Regice and Regisock are a lot better then registeel

Regice - Ice Beam/Thunderbolt/Rest/[Thunder wave/Toxic/Psych Up/Sleep Talk/Seismic Toss]

Regisock - Curse/EarthQuake/Rock Slide/Rest

What EVs should I use for Physical Tanking Regirock? What Nature?

Kaiser
10th June 2005, 10:44 PM
What EVs should I use for Physical Tanking Regirock? What Nature?

I think impish / adamant nature. lots of HP & Def,then the rest in Atk.

Netbattle
11th June 2005, 9:56 AM
Regirock @ Leftovers ** Regisock
Trait: Clear Body
EVs: 204 HP / 118 Atk / 112 Def / 76 SDef
Impish Nature
-Curse
-Earthquake
-Rest
-Rock Slide

colm
11th June 2005, 4:56 PM
Regirock @ Leftovers ** Regisock
EVs: 204 HP / 118 Atk / 112 Def / 76 SDef
Impish Nature
-Curse
-Earthquake
-Rest
-Rock Slide
Are you giving me a tip or are you asking people to rate your Regirock?

Aaron
12th June 2005, 12:39 PM
Are you giving me a tip or are you asking people to rate your Regirock?

he is giving you a tip.

colm
13th June 2005, 4:54 PM
Here is my Milotic. How can I improve it?

Milotic Lv.100
Trait: Marvel Scale
@Leftovers; Hardy
EV: HP:164, Def:252, Spd: 92
HP Electric
Ice Beam
Recover
Surf

Strategy: Special Sweeper. HP Electric and Ice Beam make a "Mini-Bolt Beam." Recover is to recover Hit Points. Surf is for the Same Type Attack Bonus. This is for NB, by the way.

Netbattle
13th June 2005, 5:56 PM
Bold nature

Hypnosis > Hp Electric

colm
13th June 2005, 9:17 PM
Hypnosis has low accuraccy, so please explain why HP Electric is worse than the inaccurate Hypnosis.

Kaiser
13th June 2005, 10:07 PM
Because milotic is made more for tanking than sweeping.even with its low accuracy,hypnosis is better.IMO rest in milotic is cool

Xeno Metal Knuckles
16th June 2005, 7:08 AM
Deoxys lv 53
hp 135/135
attack 122
def 111
Sp.Atk 122
sp.def 126
speed 192

Extremspeed 5/5
Recover 20/20
Psyhco boost 5/5
psychic 10/10

Good move set or not

DemonScythe
16th June 2005, 7:19 AM
Try this....

Deoxys(Emerald)@ChoiceBand
-IceBeam
-BrickBreak/Superpower
-Thunderbolt
-ShadowBall

Groudon80
16th June 2005, 7:35 AM
IMO, use shadow ball/extremespeed/thunderbolt/psycho boost.

Xeno Metal Knuckles
16th June 2005, 5:29 PM
thanks but the shadow ball I can't do I taught it that already and replaced it with extreemspeed. I just think it should some thing besides psychic type attacks Ice beam is one of the attacks I like.

move set I thought of

Extreemspeed
Ice beam
psychic
Physco boost

I only want one move changed

Netbattle
16th June 2005, 9:26 PM
Thunderbolt > psychic

psychic + physco boost = both same type attacks

'Fro-Dizzy
16th June 2005, 9:31 PM
Why Extreme Speed on something that's already super fast?

orangekows
16th June 2005, 9:34 PM
deoxys emerald is the worst deoxys (except for normal form) go with choice band thunderbolt/ice beam/superpower/psycho boost

MAGNUM
17th June 2005, 5:51 PM
Alright guys, Im new on the boards, been playin the pokes since r/b(2000). I would like some brutally honest opinions on my team L.50 EV'd i dont netbattle, mainly Link and Battle frontier/Tower. Pokemon Emerald. I have alot of other EVD pokes at 50 including Gardevoir,Blissey Aromatherapy(counter, Natural Cure), Slaking, Regice, Sceptile, jolteon, raikou, metagross, ludicolo(leech seed) Skarmory(Spikes Drill Peck), and Swampert.

Starmie@Leftovers (natural Cure)
Timid (182 Speed!)
-Surf
-Thunderbolt
-Ice Beam
-Psychic

Dusclops@Leftovers (Pressure)
Mild
-WoW
-Confuse Ray(I want this off...)
-Shadow Ball
-Rest

Magneton@Leftovers (Magnet Pull)
Quiet
-Thunderbolt
-Protect
-Toxic
-Rest

Venusaur@Leftovers (Overgrow)
Sassy
-Sleep Powder
-Leech Seed
-Razor Leaf (Solarbeam Maybe?)(Earthquake)
-Rest

Charizard@Leftovers ( Blaze)
Hasty
-Swords Dance
-Eathquake
-Slash
-Flamethrower

Snorlax@leftovers (Immunity)
Impish
-Curse
-Earthquake (Im not afraid of gengar)
-Body Slam
-Rest

Have at it.......

colm
17th June 2005, 7:54 PM
Forretress
@Leftovers; Impish Nature
EV: HP: 220; Atk:108; Def:180;
Earthquake
Explosion
Spikes
Rest

Strategy: Spike the field, then explode or switch. Earthquake is there in case it is the last Pokemon. Be honest, please!
EDIT: NB set.

Netbattle
17th June 2005, 8:03 PM
Standard forretress, but i like 252 hp, but evs are fine for in-game

MAGNUM
17th June 2005, 10:17 PM
Im afraid if I dont do this, it wont get rated. Please tell me if I should do this from now on, but I put my team out before the forretress post was out. Rate please, something I might be overlooking.

orangekows
17th June 2005, 11:06 PM
deoxys emerald is the worst deoxys (except for normal form) go with choice band thunderbolt/ice beam/superpower/psycho boost
heh, sorry it was 2 am when i said that... go leftovers or something. maybe calm mind since it has defenses unlike attack form

TyraniRay
21st June 2005, 2:42 PM
This set is designed for the majority of 1vs1 Battle Frontier (I've had the game 12 days and I've got 101:45).

Swampert @ Leftovers
Nature: Quirky
Muddy Water
Ice Beam
Earthquake
Not decided, Iron Tail, Rock Slide or Endeavor (currently Waterfall because of Steven)

Metagross @ Leichi Berry
Nature: Adamant
Meteor Mash
Psychic
Earthquake (currently Pursuit
Brick Break (currently Iron Defence)

Manetric @ Focus Band
Nature: Lax
Thunder
Bite (Crunch if decide to breed another)
Neither decided, probably moves like Toxic and Attract.

I don't care about EV's to much but they lean towards their Attack and SP. Attack. I know that time amount adds up to about 9 hours a day and I'm playing it now!

leafgreen386
22nd June 2005, 2:50 AM
No. Manectric isn't very good. And neither are those movesets.

Swampert @ Leftovers
Nature: Brave
Curse
Ice Beam
Earthquake
Rest

Metagross @ something else
Nature: Adamant
Meteor Mash
Agility
Earthquake
Explosion

Don't use Liechi on Metagross. If there's no item clause in the BF (I forget), give it leftovers. If there is, your best bet is to go hax and use Scope Lens.

Manectric
Don't use it. Get something like a Gardevoir.

Gardevoir@Lum berry
Modest/Timid
Psychic
CM
T-Bolt
WoW/IP

Syncronize ability with Lum.

Netbattle
22nd June 2005, 10:40 AM
btw Agility + liechi metagross is actuall sexcellent

on your gross put Agility > Brick Break (Meteor mash will hurt everything as much if not more then Brick Break would)

TyraniRay
22nd June 2005, 10:42 AM
Those were three of my six so I was kind of limited. Curse comes as an egg move from slowpoke right, cause I can't get that. I just realised I can't get Endeaver or Agility either, due to level restictions. Not that agility is a bad idea I just can't get it. That Leichi Berry took ages to get. The Gardevoir idea is good but that would take a while. My other Battle Frontier Pokemon are Ludicolo, Ampharos, Aggron, Altaria, Muk and Skarmory, if you could fit a similar set around them then thanks. I have no idea where to get Explosion on Emerald (I can't trade). I'll start on my Ralts now.

leafgreen386
23rd June 2005, 1:15 AM
So you're not playing open level then?

Kaiser
23rd June 2005, 2:43 AM
Tyraniray is wth.
he is weird.

leafgreen386
23rd June 2005, 3:06 AM
For your Swampert problem, Torkoal can learn Curse. Breed Curse from the Torkoal to any Monster/Field egg group pokemon (ie.Rhydon), and breed that pokemon with Swampert. Problem solved!

Ninjit
28th June 2005, 11:54 AM
Now, I want the Upper hand on my Friend, I have 3/6 of his Pokemon:
Shuckle(Annoyer)
Manectric(No Idea)
Sceptile(No Idea)

I have 2/6 of my pokemon ready, I need them Fixed up, and maybe some Suggestions
Oh and, The Movesets are from The Potw from which I heard, has problems with it.

Swampert @Leftovers Docile
Moves:
EQ
Muddy Water
Brick Break
Ice Beam

Camerupt @Shell Bell Jolly
Flamethrower
EQ
Overheat
RS

DemonScythe
28th June 2005, 12:29 PM
Swampert @Leftovers Docile
Moves:
EQ
Surf
Rest
Ice Beam

Camerupt @Shell Bell Jolly
Explosion/BodySlam
EQ
Overheat
RS
If you're not gonna rebreed then just do that...
the PotW does have some problems like the
moveset for Groudon..Yuck!....

leafgreen386
28th June 2005, 10:19 PM
And if you do rebreed, Curse>Muddy Water/Surf on Swampert, and get a Brave/Quiet nature.

Magoo Aran
6th July 2005, 10:53 PM
This is a team for the Battle Frontier. This is my first team I've ever made for competitive play. I know its in NetBattle lay-out, but that is just so I can make changes to the team easier. Any suggestions on any changes would be good.

Skarmory (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Keen Eye
EVs: 196 HP / 122 Atk / 192 Def
Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Drill Peck
- Rest
- Roar
- Spikes

Lapras (F) @ Chesto Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SAtk / 6 SDef
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Ice Beam
- Rest
- Surf
- Thunderbolt

Tyranitar (M) @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 68 Spd / 190 SAtk
- Crunch
- Focus Punch
- Substitute
- Thunderbolt

Espeon (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Synchronize
EVs: 196 HP / 252 Spd / 62 SDef
- Baton Pass
- Calm Mind
- Psychic
- Substitute

Typhlosion (M) @ Salac Berry
Trait: Blaze
EVs: 129 Atk / 129 Spd / 252 SAtk
Hardy Nature (Neutral)
- Flamethrower
- Focus Punch
- Substitute
- Thunderpunch

Claydol @ Leftovers
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 206 HP / 208 Atk / 96 SAtk
Brave Nature (+SAtk, -Spd)
- Earthquake
- Explosion
- Light Screen
- Rapid Spin

Lugia Slave
7th July 2005, 2:35 AM
(This isn't my team now, but this is the team i am gonna create)

Walrein
Dragonite
Charizard
Crobat
Sceptile
Aggron

I am trying not to use ubers....
If anyone has any changes to advise plz do!

Crystal Suicune
7th July 2005, 6:51 PM
This is my level 50 1-vs-1 battle frontier team.

Espeon Lv50 Item:Lum Berry
Ability:Synchronize
Psychic
Shadow Ball
Iron Tail
Bite

Umbreon Lv50 Item:Brightpowder
Toxic
Confuse Ray
Double Team
Baton Pass

Charizard Lv50 Item:White Herb
Ability:Blaze
Overheat
Rock Slide
Earthquake
Aerial Ace

Jolteon Lv50 Item:Chesto Berry
Ability:Volt Absorb
Thunderbolt
Iron Tail
Shadow Ball
Thunder Wave

Suicune Lv50 Item:Salac Berry[i have one]
Ability:Pressure
Surf
Ice Beam
Body Slam
Reflect{[why can't it learn mirror coat earlier]don't answer that}

Sceptile Lv50 Item:Leftovers
Ability:Overgrow
Leaf Blade
Leech Seed
Aerial Ace
Brick Break

I've never really made a team using help but now i'm pretty desperate.

Sporepunch
7th July 2005, 7:09 PM
This is my level 50 1-vs-1 battle frontier team.

Espeon Lv50 Item:Lum Berry
Psychic
Shadow Ball
Iron Tail
Bite

use espyjump. shadow ball/iron tail sucks on him because of his shitty attack stat

Umbreon Lv50 Item:Brightpowder
Toxic
Confuse Ray
Double Team
Baton Pass

baton pass/wish/mean look/taunt

Charizard Lv50 Item:White Herb
Ability:Blaze
Overheat
Rock Slide
Earthquake
Aerial Ace

aerial ace/earthquake/dragon dance/flamethrower

Jolteon Lv50 Item:Chesto Berry
Ability:Volt Absorb
Thunderbolt
Iron Tail
Shadow Ball
Thunder Wave

sub, baton pass, thunderbolt, HP grass

Suicune Lv50 Item:Salac Berry[i have one]
Ability:Pressure
Surf
Ice Beam
Body Slam
Reflect{[why can't it learn mirror coat earlier]don't answer that}

surf, ice beam, rest, calm mind

Sceptile Lv50 Item:Leftovers
Ability:Overgrow
Leaf Blade
Leech Seed
Aerial Ace
Brick Break

leech seed, leaf blade, HP ice, sub

I've never really made a team using help but now i'm pretty desperate.
@lefties on all of them

Basics
10th July 2005, 6:03 PM
Tyranitar @ Choice Band
252 Atk/Split the rest between speed/hp
- Rock Slide
- Earthquake
- Focus Punch
- Fire Blast/Hidden Power [Flying]

CashMoneyFRITZ
12th July 2005, 4:05 AM
rate, suggest, improvise, suggest a complete different pokemon in place of one if you think its needed. you know what to do.

SLAKING
Ability: Truant
Item: Leftovers
252 Atk/252 Spd/6 SDef
-Earthquake
-Shadow Ball
-Focus Punch
-Return or Substitute which should i go with?

Slaking is the opener

TYRANITAR
Ability: Sand Stream
252 Atk/160 HP/98 Spd
-Rock Slide
-Earthquake
-Brick Break
-Dragon Dance

DDTar physical sweeper.

GENGAR
Ability: Levitate
252 SAtk/252 Spd/ 6 HP
-Psychic
-Ice Punch
-Thunderbolt
-Destiny Bond

Special Sweeper.

KINGDRA
Ability: Swift Swim
252 SAtk/176 HP/40 Def/42 SDef
-Surf
-Ice Beam
-Rest
-Rain Dance

Kingdra is just cool. and he only has one weakness. even cooler.

TYPHLOSION
Ability: Blaze
Item:Leftovers
Quirky Nature (Neutral)
100 Atk/158 SAtk/252 Spd
-Flamethrower
-Thunderpunch
-Focus punch
-Substitute

should i get rid of that fp+sub combo on phlosion since its on slaking too?

REGISTEEL
Ability: Clear Body
Hardy Nature (Neutral)
126 Def/126 SDef/252 HP/6 Atk
-Earthquake
-Ice Punch (because i dont know how to figure out the whole HP thing)
-Rest
-Curse

A tank and a curser :-)

let me know what you think

leafgreen386
12th July 2005, 4:21 AM
On Slaking, use Return>Sub and give it a CB. Chesto berry on Kingdra because it can't take much of a hit, and Leftovers on everything else. Rock Slide>Ice Punch on Registeel.

Netbattle
12th July 2005, 11:02 AM
Typhlosion: Fire Blast > Flamethrower (despite the acc.) and a Timid Nature

upsy-daisy
12th July 2005, 6:09 PM
Gardevoir
-shadow ball
-psychic
-hypnosis
-dream eater

aipomkong
13th July 2005, 1:08 PM
Gardevoir
-shadow ball
-psychic
-hypnosis
-dream eater

1) it's attack is poor, so shadow ball isn't going to help at all
2) Hypnosis + Dream Eater is lol, it just begs for you to switch out after the hypnosis
3) [Ice Punch/Fire Punch/Will-o-Wisp/Thunder Wave/Wish]/T-Bolt/Calm Mind/Psychic is a hell of a lot better

chaos on the internet
13th July 2005, 3:02 PM
Destiny Bond please

Lugia Slave
14th July 2005, 2:08 AM
Rate, Change, & Help!!! Plz look at my "upcoming" team i have posted at the bottom of my signature.

leafgreen386
14th July 2005, 2:28 AM
Rate, Change, & Help!!! Plz look at my "upcoming" team i have posted at the bottom of my signature.
So, um... what do you want us to do? Have you ever heard of giving Movesets? Natures? EVs? Something?

We can't rate a list of six pokemon. You're practically asking for a team by doing so... or movesets at least. Go on Smogon (www.smogon.com) if you want movesets. Then we'll rate.

aipomkong
14th July 2005, 10:50 AM
Your 'Upcoming' team gets destroyed by Tyranitar, and it's funny how an In-Game team is available for 'rating' in a Competitive RMT when there is an in-game RMT elsewhere

frednmethod
14th July 2005, 7:04 PM
Can someone give me nature/EV distributions for Miltank so that it can stand up to Jolteon? And by 'stand up' I mean making it not be 2HKOed by its thunderbolt.

leafgreen386
14th July 2005, 8:02 PM
Um...

Without any Sp.Def EVs it's a 3HKO. >_>

Learn how to use the Smogon damage calculator (http://www.smogon.com/rs/calc.php).

frednmethod
14th July 2005, 8:18 PM
Minimum Damage 58%
Average Damage 63%
Maximum Damage 68%

That's what I got from the calculator, and from my experience with Miltank in the last few hours.

leafgreen386
14th July 2005, 8:31 PM
Hehe. Whoops. I used the HP formula instead of the 5-stat formula for calculating Miltank's Sp.Def.

You need enough EVs for a 215 Sp.Def stat and 340 HP stat to survive 2 T-Bolts (max damage) from a Jolteon. OR you could use enough EVs in Sp.Def to get a 199 Sp.Def stat and enough to get a 368 HP stat. There are several combinations that will work, these are just the first two I happened to come upon.

frednmethod
15th July 2005, 5:22 AM
Hehe. Whoops. I used the HP formula instead of the 5-stat formula for calculating Miltank's Sp.Def.

You need enough EVs for a 215 Sp.Def stat and 340 HP stat to survive 2 T-Bolts (max damage) from a Jolteon. OR you could use enough EVs in Sp.Def to get a 199 Sp.Def stat and enough to get a 368 HP stat. There are several combinations that will work, these are just the first two I happened to come upon.

Okay, thanks.

Crazy_Smash_Master
25th July 2005, 2:42 AM
Can somebody please rate my ;382; Kyogre?

Evs:Sp.attack:252/Defence:252/Speed:6
Item:Leftovers
Moves:
Surf
Ice beam
Thunder
Calm Mind

aipomkong
25th July 2005, 8:42 AM
movesets fine

252 sp.attack/252 speed/6 hp
would be better

TyraniRay
25th July 2005, 12:18 PM
Great moveset, the only thing I can think of now that can resist all of that is Lanturn and they're not to common where you would use Kyogre. Omastar's EV's are good andd would probably be best for your Kyogre. My brother, who likes to make counters for Pokemon with the same Pokemon would have trouble here.

leafgreen386
25th July 2005, 8:28 PM
Um... the set's standard. That's why it's so good. >_> The 'Bolt'Beam combo was thought up a long time ago.

Pokemon trainer Jeremy
28th July 2005, 6:07 AM
Salamence@Kings Rock
Adamant
-Dragon Dance
-Aerial Ace
-Rock Slide
-Earthquake

Blaziken@Quick Claw
Jolly
-Sky uppercut
-Overheat
-Brick Break
-Reversal

Metagross@Leftovers
Adamant
-Agility
-Explosion
-Sludge Bomb
-Earthquake

Milotic@Shell Bell
Bold
-Hypnosis
-Toxic
-Recover
-Confuse ray

Raichu@Scope Lense
Modest
-Thunderbolt
-Thunder-wave
-Light Screen
-Double team

Sceptile@Bright powder
Hasty
-Earthquake
-Dragon claw
-leaf blade
-toxic

Dewgong
28th July 2005, 8:08 AM
Salamence Lefties
Adamant
-Dragon Dance
-HP Flying
-Rock Slide
-Earthquake

Blaziken Lefties
Jolly
-Sky uppercut
-Overheat
-Brick Break
-Thunderpunch

Metagross@Leftovers
Adamant
-Agility
-Explosion
-Meteor Mash
-Earthquake

Milotic wtf? Shell bell? Lefties
Bold
-Hypnosis
-Toxic
-Recover
-Confuse ray

Raichu Lefties
Modest
-Thunderbolt
-Thunder-wave
-Light Screen | Substitute
-Wish

Sceptile Lefties
Hasty
-Earthquake
-Dragon claw
-leaf blade
-Swords Dance

Join my forums (http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y71/Arctic_Wish/haha.png)

DemonScythe
28th July 2005, 8:31 AM
Blaziken@Lefties
Jolly
-Sky uppercut
-Overheat
-RockSlide
-SwordDance

Milotic@Lefties
Bold
-Hypnosis
-IceBeam
-Recover
-Surf

Sceptile@Lefties
Hasty
-LeachSeed
-Dragon claw/T-punch
-leaf blade
-Substitute
Join my forums (http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y71/Arctic_Wish/haha.png)
Wicked Forums...

aipomkong
28th July 2005, 10:26 AM
wow april fools in july is pretty lame imo

Pokemon trainer Jeremy
29th July 2005, 6:53 PM
Should Blaziken have thunder punch besides overheat?

Darkeggy
29th July 2005, 6:54 PM
No. Blazed Overheat is good.

Drayano
31st July 2005, 7:58 PM
Always use Overheat or if you want to use it more than once Fire Blast. T-Punch isn't an option for any Blaziken except the HP Ice/T-Punch/Fire Blast/Sky Uppercut one.

flyquaza
13th August 2005, 10:18 PM
Rate my team please :)

Venusaur (F) @ Leftovers
EVs: 204 HP / 52 Spd / 252 SAtk
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Leech Seed
- Razor Leaf
- Sleep Powder

Metagross @ Leftovers
EVs: 204 HP / 188 Atk / 16 Def / 100 Spd
- Agility
- Earthquake
- Explosion
- Meteor Mash

Donphan (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 80 Atk / 176 Def
- Earthquake
- Rapid Spin
- Roar
- Rock Slide

Snorlax (M) @ Leftovers
EVs: 204 HP / 116 Atk / 120 Def / 68 SDef
Careful Nature (+SDef, -SAtk)
- Curse
- Frustration
- Rest
- Shadow Ball

Gyarados (M) @ Leftovers
EVs: 148 HP / 112 Atk / 124 Def / 120 Spd / 4 SDef
- Dragon Dance
- Earthquake
- Hidden Power [Flying]
- Taunt

Swampert (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Torrent
EVs: 172 HP / 116 Def / 100 SAtk / 120 SDef
- Earthquake
- Ice Beam
- Rest
- Surf

its kinda random. but works great. very standard imo

Edit: dont like choice banding donphan. only using medi, hera and sala as choice banders. maybe aerodactyl but they arent good in this team

Lance_Is_King
13th August 2005, 11:23 PM
Rate my team please :)

Venusaur (F) @ Leftovers
EVs: 204 HP / 52 Spd / 252 SAtk
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Leech Seed
- Razor Leaf
- Sleep Powder
good

Metagross @ Leftovers
EVs: 204 HP / 188 Atk / 16 Def / 100 Spd
- Agility
- Earthquake
- Explosion
- Meteor Mash
Standerd

Donphan (M) @ Leftovers
- Earthquake
- Rapid Spin
- Roar
- Rock Slide
good

Snorlax (M) @ Leftovers
- Curse
- Frustration
- Rest
- Shadow Ball
standerd

Gyarados (M) @ Leftovers
EVs: 148 HP / 112 Atk / 124 Def / 120 Spd / 4 SDef
- Dragon Dance
- Earthquake
- Hidden Power [Flying]
- Taunt
standerd

Swampert (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Torrent
EVs: 172 HP / 116 Def / 100 SAtk / 120 SDef
- Earthquake
- Ice Beam
- Rest
- Surf
noo nooo nooo
-EQ
-Ice Beam
-Curse
-Rest
Brave nature btw

its kinda random. but works great. very standard imo

Edit: dont like choice banding donphan. only using medi, hera and sala as choice banders. maybe aerodactyl but they arent good in this team

ok i speel bad

leafgreen386
14th August 2005, 2:03 AM
I agree that the Swampert is messed up, but that's not the change I would make. Curse>Rest is more standard than Surf>Curse. Keep Surf, though.

Kaiser
14th August 2005, 2:10 AM
i like surf,eq,curse,beam in pert.
works well for me IMO.

flyquaza
14th August 2005, 9:23 AM
here another team. its my older version of the other

Medicham (F) @ Choice Band
Trait: Pure Power
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
- Fake Out
- Hi Jump Kick
- Rock Slide
- Shadow Ball

Gengar (M) @ Leftovers
EVs: 236 Atk / 180 Spd / 92 SAtk
Hasty Nature (+Spd, -Def)
- Focus Punch
- Giga Drain
- Substitute
- Thunderbolt

Donphan (F) @ Leftovers
- Earthquake
- Rapid Spin
- Roar
- Rock Slide

Snorlax (M) @ Leftovers
- Curse
- Frustration
- Rest
- Shadow Ball

Vaporeon (F) @ Leftovers ** Vappy
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SDef
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Baton Pass
- Ice Beam
- Substitute
- Wish

Metagross @ Leftovers
EVs: 140 HP / 252 Atk / 16 Def / 100 Spd
- Agility
- Earthquake
- Meteor Mash
- Explosion

DemonScythe
14th August 2005, 9:56 AM
I prefer 252 Def. and HP divisible by 16 on Donphan..

your BP Vaporeon is has an odd moveset but it could work..
However it could have some more SDef since you have a Physical wall already

blackemerald
14th August 2005, 6:03 PM
Here is a team i've been using for friends/trainer tower battling

Tyranitar@leftovers
Trait-sand stream
Ev's 252 atk/200 def/52 sp.atk
Nature-Quiet
-earthquake
-crunch
-taunt
-hp rock

Celebi@Leftovers
Trait-natural cure
Ev's 252 sp.def/176 def/76 sp.atk
Nature-Calm
-leech seed
-heal bell
-toxic
-psychic

Jolteon@leftovers
Trait-volt absorb
Ev's 121 spd/200 sp.atk/189 hp
Nature-Modest
-thunderbolt
-thunderwave
-substitute
-HP grass

Suicune@leftovers
Trait-pressure
EV's 252 sp.def/252 spd
Nature-Modest
-roar
-surf
-calm mind
-rest

Spectile@leftovers
Trait-overgrow
EV's 252 sp.atk/126 sp.def/126 def
Nature-Modest
-leech seed
-substitute
-thunderpunch
-leaf blade

Hearacross@leftovers
Trait-guts
Ev's 352 atk/100 def/58 spd
Nature-Adamant
-swords dance
-brick break
-megahorn
-rock slide

aipomkong
14th August 2005, 6:11 PM
Here is a team i've been using for friends/trainer tower battling and has had 100 consecutive wins

Tyranitar@leftovers
Trait-sand stream
Ev's 252 atk/200 def/52 sp.atk
Nature-Quiet
-earthquake
-crunch
-taunt
-hp rock

random SAtk evs and random SAtk nature ._.

Celebi@Leftovers
Trait-natural cure
Ev's 252 sp.def/176 def/76 sp.atk
Nature-Calm
-leech seed
-heal bell
-toxic
-psychic

lol toxic celebi, more like Recover > Toxnub

Jolteon@leftovers
Trait-volt absorb
Ev's 121 spd/200 sp.atk/189 hp
Nature-Modest
-thunderbolt
-thunderwave
-substitute
-HP grass

evs + nature are lolable

Timid - 252 Spd/252 SAtk/6 HP

Baton Pass > Thunder Wave, it doesn't have the defences

Suicune@leftovers
Trait-pressure
EV's 252 sp.def/252 spd
Nature-Modest
-roar
-surf
-calm mind
-rest

wow, random spd/sdef evs for no good reason, easily beaten which is **** for a suicune

Bold - 240 HP / 212 DEF / rest in SDef or not worth using

Spectile@leftovers
Trait-overgrow
EV's 252 sp.atk/126 sp.def/126 def
Nature-Modest
-leech seed
-substitute
-thunderpunch
-leaf blade

wow it has no speed at all ._.

Timid - 252 SAtk / 252 Spd / 6 HP

Hearacross@leftovers
Trait-guts
Ev's 352 atk/100 def/58 spd
Nature-Adamant
-swords dance
-brick break
-megahorn
-rock slide

352 atk? guessing 252

@ choice band

focus punch > swords dance

needs 252 spd aswell

lol everything that should have speed doesn't and stuff that don't need speed has it

blackemerald
14th August 2005, 6:32 PM
Thanks.i'm not that good with ev's but i am learning.the reason i put modest on jolteon and spectile is because they have so much speed,i thought they did not need any more

Ham
15th August 2005, 3:33 AM
Thanks.i'm not that good with ev's but i am learning.the reason i put modest on jolteon and spectile is because they have so much speed,i thought they did not need any more
Jolteon needs Timid thanks to Aerodactyl.

and Sceptile will then be outspeeded by Alakazam and Dugtrio.

Warahyuu
16th August 2005, 9:22 AM
Could I get some thoughts on this team?I've been away from competitive battling for about 2 years. This is my first team since.

Skarmory (F) @ Leftovers
Impish Nature (+Def, -Sp.Atk)
- Drill Peck
- Rest
- Spikes
- Roar
EVs: 196 HP / 36 Atk / 252 Def / 26 Spd
Stats: 320 / 205 / 416 / 182 / 104 / 176

My Starter. The ideal situation is: set up spikes and switch into Tyranitar or Suicune depending on what they have out.

Tyranitar (F) @ Leftovers
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -Sp.Atk)
- Dragon Dance
- Taunt
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
EVs: 48 HP / 214 Atk / 252 Spd
Stats: 353 / 392 / 256 / 220 / 203 / 236

Not too sure on EVs here. I put EVs into HP until it was divisible by 16+1.

Celebi @ Leftovers
Trait: Natural Cure
- Leech Seed
- Calm Mind
- Psychic
- Recover
EVs: 240 HP / 118 Def / 152 Spd
Stats: 401 / 212 / 265 / 301 / 236 / 236

I like having over 300 speed on this. I can send it on on a lot of Pokemon to get leech seed in. I didn't put EVs in Sp.Def because of Calm Mind. I am considering HP: Grass over something, probably Calm Mind or Psychic.

Blissey (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Natural Cure
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Seismic Toss
- Aromatherapy
- Softboiled
- Thunder Wave
EVs: 216 HP / 252 Def / 42 Sp.Def
Stats: 705 / 50 / 130 / 146 / 186 / 316

Standard I believe.

Weezing (F) @ Leftovers
Impish Nature (+Def, -Sp.Atk)
- Pain Split
- Will-O-Wisp
- Sludge Bomb
- Haze
EVs: 196 HP / 62 Atk / 252 Def
Stats: 320 / 231 / 372 / 156 / 185 / 176

Heracross was giving me trouble before so this is my counter. Also gives me a hazer should Skarmory and Suicune faint.

Suicune @ Leftovers
Trait: Pressure
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Roar
- Calm Mind
- Rest
- Surf
EVs: 240 HP / 198 Def / 56 Spd / 16 Sp.Def
Stats: 401 / 167 / 346 / 220 / 216 / 270

No Sp.Atk evs due to Calm Mind

Pokemon trainer Jeremy
17th August 2005, 8:45 PM
Meganium(M)
Nature-Bold(+D,-A)
Ability-Overgrow
Hold-Leftovers
-Grasswhistle
-Light Screen
-Counter
-Razor Leaf

Arcanine(M)
Nature-Adamant(+A,-SA)
Ability-Intimidate
Hold-Leftovers
-Fire Blast
-Hidden Power(Fight)
-Extremespeed
-Howl

Lapras(M)
Nature-Modest(+SA,-A)
Ability-Shell Armour
Hold-Leftovers
-Surf
-Ice Beam
-Thunderbolt
-Confuse Ray

Snorlax(M)
Nature-Carefull(+SD,-SA)
Ability-Thick-Fat
Hold-Lefovers
-Substitute
-Focus Punch
-Body Slam
-Rest

Alakazam(M)
Nature-Timid(+SpD,-A)
Ability-Syncronzine
Hold-Leftovers
-Calm Mind
-Ice Punch
-Psychic
-Recover

Aerodactyl (M)
Nature-Jolly
Ability-Rock Head
Hold-Choice Band
-Aerial Ace
-Double Edge
-Hidden Power(rock)
-Eathquake

black lugia
18th August 2005, 12:19 AM
Well... this is my team can you rate it please

skarmory
-drill peck
-spikes
-roar
-toxic

articuno
-mind reader
-sheercold
-ice beam
-fly

shuckle
-toxic
-earthquake
-rest
-double team

smeargle
-spore
-sheercold
-mind reader
-rest

mewtwo
-thunderbolt
-ice beam
-shadow ball
-psychic

salamence
-fly
-fire blast
-dragon claw
-outrage

Kaiser
18th August 2005, 2:10 AM
Well... this is my team can you rate it please

skarmory
-drill peck
-spikes
-roar
-rest

articuno
- Ice beam
- HP grass / electric
- Rest
- Sleep talk

SHEER COLD IS NUB

shuckle
-toxic
-Rest
-encore
-meh

dont use schuckle

smeargle
-spore
-Belly drum
-batton pass
-sub

mewtwo
-thunderbolt / beam
-calm mind
-recover
-psychic / beam

salamence
-HP bird
-flamethrower
-eq
-rock slide

R.ead stickys

Kingdra89
18th August 2005, 12:55 PM
Please may you rate my planned team:

Snorlax, Chesto Berry
Adamant, Male, Thick Fat, 10proteins, 10 hp up, 10iron, 10 zinc
Rest
Double team
toxic
body slam(used 1 ppup)

Dragonite, Shell Bell
serious, male, inner focus, 10 proteins, 10 zinc, 10 calcium, 10 carbos
Double Edge
Focus Punch
Ice Beam
Subsitute

Tyranitar, Shell Bell
Careful, male, sand stream, 10 proteins, 10 iron, 10 calcium, 10 carbos
Earthquake
Rock Slide
Brick Brake
Thunderbolt

Metagross, Shell Bell
Modest, Clear body, 10 proteins, 10 zinc, 10 calcium, 10 carbos
Psychic
Meteor Mash
Shadow Ball
Earthquake

Kingdra
Hardy, male, swift swim, 10 zinc, 10 calcium, 10 carbos, 10 iron,
Surf
Ice Beam
Dragon Breath
Rain Dance

Heracross
Gentle, Male, 10 proteins, 10 iron, 10 calcium, 10 carbos
Brick Brake
Megahorn
Swords Dance
Earthquake

DemonScythe
21st August 2005, 4:12 AM
^Snorlax@Leftovers
-BodySlam
-Rest
-Curse
-Earthquake

Heracross needs more RockSlide..

leafgreen386
21st August 2005, 4:21 AM
Please may you rate my planned team:

Snorlax
What DarkScythe said. Leftovers>Chesto berry. Careful>Adamant.

Dragonite, Leftovers
Rash, male, inner focus, 10 proteins, 10 zinc, 10 calcium, 10 carbos
T-Bolt
Focus Punch
Ice Beam
Subsitute

Tyranitar, Leftovers
Adamant, male, sand stream, 10 proteins, 10 iron, 10 calcium, 10 carbos
Earthquake
Rock Slide
Dragon Dance
Taunt

What do you have against Leftovers?

Metagross, Choice Band
Adamant, Clear body, 10 proteins, 10 zinc, 10 calcium, 10 carbos
Explosion
Meteor Mash
Shadow Ball
Earthquake

Kingdra@Chesto berry
Modest, male, swift swim, 10 zinc, 10 calcium, 10 carbos, 10 iron,
Surf
Ice Beam
Rest
Rain Dance
This is probably the only pokemon I will ever say to put a Chesto berry on. Snorlax can take the hits while its Resting. Kingdra can't, and doesn't have any other real options.

Heracross@Leftovers
Adamant, Male, 10 proteins, 10 iron, 10 calcium, 10 carbos
Brick Break
Megahorn
Swords Dance
Earthquake

You know you don't have to use just vitamins to increase your EVs. That's the lazy way to do it. I didn't bother going around fixing EVs for that reason. If you're too lazy to EV train, then why should I bother providing EVs?

Tryrant
21st August 2005, 5:56 PM
who does 1 get umbreoon w/ wish

i cant get sub what is a replacement

Kaiser
21st August 2005, 11:46 PM
Tyrant is the original name no tryrant

bass_forte
22nd August 2005, 1:26 PM
For the Battle Frontier in general:

Metagross@Leftovers
Agility
Sludge Bomb
Earthquake
Meteor mash
EVs 255 ATK, 255 SP.DEF (Yeah, I know. But it's too late to change it without levelling up the rest of my party another 10 levels to level 80. *lazies*

Starmie@Shell Bell
Thunderbolt
Ice Beam
Surf
Psychic
EVs- 210 SP.ATK, 100 SP.DEF, 100 DEF, 100 SPD

I have a Latias spacefilling right now, but I doubt you want to hear about it. Also, who would be ideal to teach Aerial Ace? (I'm really cautious about who to teach TMs...)

Tryrant
22nd August 2005, 3:54 PM
Tyrant is the original name no tryrant

i no kaiser
that still doesnt answer my question

Kokichi
23rd August 2005, 1:57 AM
I've seen a lot of references to Fake Out and CB...what gives? I thought that Fake Out can only be used on the first turn, and if it hits, it causes flinching. I realize that you can CB it and make it a bit more powerful, but it only has a base damage of 40; it doesn't seem like it can do that much, especially to someone who is normal / strong against it. If you use it two times in a row does it cause Struggle? I don't see the point in putting Fake Out on Medicham (http://www.smogon.com/dex.php?q=medicham&page=pokemon) ...can someone please explain this to me?

leafgreen386
23rd August 2005, 2:00 AM
Do a few damage calculations and you might change your mind. 720 Atk power hurts even when the attack used has a 40 base. It's used to finish off weakened pokemon.

Tip The Waitress
23rd August 2005, 2:18 AM
Originally Posted by lavabyle
sceptile:
timid
leaf blade
Leech Seed
Substitute
thunderpunch
252 speed evs
252 spec atk
6 hp

heracross
jolly
brick break
Rock Slide
mega horn
Earthquake
216 speed
252 atk
42 HP

bliss
Bold
aromatherapy
softboiled
Thunder Wave
ice beam/Seismic Toss One or the other, but not both.
212 HP
252 Defense
46 Special Defense

blaziken
Naive
overheat
sky uppercut
rock slide
s-dance

252 Attack
252 speed
6 HP

suicune
Bold
surf
ice beam
c-mind
rest
240 hp
200 def
70 Special Attack

and boah
quiet
crunch
t-bolt
sub
focus-p
252 hp
68 speed
190 sp atk

and all my pogeys r holding lefties

just wanted a few more opinions on my team. thx

~S.Y.F

godhead3
23rd August 2005, 5:16 AM
how do you make trainer cards if you find out tell me my username is godhead3

Pokemon trainer Jeremy
25th August 2005, 4:18 AM
can someone rate my team please?

Legendary Hunter Rasheed
26th August 2005, 10:11 PM
Can someone rate my team. I live in a secluded area so I win every battle I enter, but I wanna see what the experts think of my team. If it sucks, please tell me so I can train a new one.

Rocky-Regirock Lv 100 ;377;
Hard Stone
Ancient Power
Explosion
Earthquake
Hyperbeam

Rocky is my physical sweeper. I usually use ancient power first for a stat boost, then earthquake or, if earthquake won't work, hyper beam away. I use explosion in an emergency.

Icy-Regice Lv 100 ;378;
Focus Band
Ice Beam
Blizzard
Thunder Bolt
Hyper Beam

Icy is my dragon killer. I use it against all those people who have salamence,dragonite, and flygon. With blizzard in a double battle, I can KO 2 dragons at ounce. Thunder Bolt is for water types that ice is not very effective to. I have no idea why I have Hyper Beam on it, so I just don't use that move.

Steely-Registeel Lv 100 ;379;
Leftovers
Iron Defence
Ammnesia
Rest
Thunder

Steely is my worst pokemon. I'm not saying it's all bad, but I don't know where I went wrong. I figured I'd have Iron Defence and Ammnesia to make it unstoppable, then rest away the damage when I needed to. Leftovers makes it harder to take down. I put Thunder because it's a strong move but I've been thinking about switching it for Arial Ace. Anyway, steely's weakness is it's defence. It's special defence is like 340 something, which is good, but it's defence is a shocking 143. 143! It dies from commenly used moves like Earhtquake and Brick Break before I can set up a barrier.

Ho-oh Lv 100 ;250;
Charcoal
Sunny Day
Sacred Fire
Solarbeam
Recover

My ho-oh is my pride and joy. It took me a month of pokemon colliseum to get it. Anyway I use Sunny Day first to weaken water typed enemies and strengthen my Sacred Fire. I use Solarbeam to take care of waters and, more importantly, rocks. Recover is used when needed.

Rayquaza Lv 100 ;384;
Dragon's Fang
Dragon Claw
Thunder Bolt
Fire Blast
Hyper Beam

My rayquaza has no strategy in it whatsoever. He's basicly a mad attackive pokemon with great moves to cover diffrent types. I have Dragon claw for dragon typed pokemon.

Mewtwo Lv 100 ;150;
Twisted Spoon
Psichic
Shadow Ball
Calm Mind
Recover

My mewtwo is my strongest pokemon. I use 6 Calm Mind, using Recover when needed, Then I blast my way to victory. Shadow Ball cover ghost typed pokemon. I know that he's helpless against dark types, but that's usually when I switch out.

So that's my team. Again please be honest about how good it is. I want to be the greatest so if I'm not that good then it's time to train a new team.

aipomkong
26th August 2005, 10:36 PM
remove all hyper beams first

Master Mewtwo
26th August 2005, 10:43 PM
Stop using legendarys - second.

Master Mewtwo

aipomkong
26th August 2005, 10:45 PM

Master Mewtwo

stop posting

if you mean non-uber legends aswell (zapdos etc.)

Legendary Hunter Rasheed
27th August 2005, 2:29 AM
remove all hyper beams first
What do I put in replacement?

Legendary Hunter Rasheed
27th August 2005, 2:30 AM

Master Mewtwo

My screen name is Legendary Hunter Rasheed

MasterTrainer54
27th August 2005, 8:00 PM
Can you rate my Blazikan and Latios? Thanks.
Blazikan
LV-50
Nature-Brave
EQ
Flamethrower
Sky Uppercut
Swordsdance

Latios
LV-100
Nature-Docile
Physic
Dragon Claw
Calm mind
Ice Beam

Darkeggy
27th August 2005, 8:46 PM
Can you rate my Blazikan and Latios? Thanks.
Blazikan
LV-50
Nature-Jolly/Adamant. I prefer Adamant.
EQ
Overheat/Fire Blast because you're gonna need more power from the SAtk downage from the Nature.
Sky Uppercut
Swordsdance

Latios
LV-100
Nature-Modest
Safeguard
Dragon Claw
Calm mind
Recover

BLAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA 10 CHAR SUCKS

bass_forte
28th August 2005, 6:46 AM
Legendary Hunter Rasheed: Don't use Rayquaza, Ho-oh or Mewtwo, simply because they are 00bers. Try and use non-legendaries, although the Regi's are OK. Some non-legendaries are awesome as well, like Metagross, Salamence and the like. And don't double-post.

WootyMcWoot
28th August 2005, 4:11 PM
Legendary Hunter Rasheed: Don't use Rayquaza, Ho-oh or Mewtwo, simply because they are 00bers. Try and use non-legendaries, although the Regi's are OK. Some non-legendaries are awesome as well, like Metagross, Salamence and the like. And don't double-post.
LOL more like all legendary non-ubers are ok for the standard metagame. The birds, the dogs, the regis, Celebi, and Jirachi are not uber and ok to use in the standard metagame.

frednmethod
28th August 2005, 6:33 PM
Why is Wooty banned? :(

Ham
28th August 2005, 6:52 PM
No particular reason besides the Final Solution.

Kokichi
29th August 2005, 10:49 AM
Curious, when you use Hidden Power in NetBattle, do you have to adjust your stats to be divisible by whatever it is needed in order for the power to be at base 70, or is it always at base 70 no matter where you put your EVs? Thanks!

Final Fantasizer
29th August 2005, 12:34 PM
im entering a gameboy tournamet soon, no bans, but no gameshark codes allowed, can you rate my team?it may seem cheap but oobers are allowed, and first prize is $100 and a nintendo ds, i'll play whatever wins

mewtwo-leftovers
psychic
calm mind
recover
thunderbolt/ice beam (undecided)
nature - (not caught yet)
evs:252 SA/252 speed/6 hp

slaking-leftovers, choice band if i can find
gender-undecided
return
shadow ball
focus punch
earthquake
nature - adamant
252 attack/252 speed/6 def

rayquaza-leftovers
crunch
thunderbolt
icebeam
dragon claw
nature - quirky
252 SA/252 Speed/6 hp

kyogre-leftovers
gender-none
calm mind
surf
thunder
ice beam
nature - serious
252 SA/252 speed/6 hp

latias-leftovers(cant get soul dew)
gender-female
calm mind
psychic
recover
dragon claw
nature - docile
252 SA/252 speed/6 hp

tyranitar-leftovers
gender-undecided
crunch
thunderbolt
substitute
focuspunch
nature - quiet
252 hp/190 SA/68 speed

umm, i havent begun ev training yet, but i hav an idea on what to give them, i also am thinking of replacing one of them with wobbuffet

wobbuffet-leftovers
gender-undecided
counter
mirror coat
encore
safe guard
nature - bold
252 def/252 sp def/6 hp

aipomkong
29th August 2005, 12:55 PM
Curious, when you use Hidden Power in NetBattle, do you have to adjust your stats to be divisible by whatever it is needed in order for the power to be at base 70, or is it always at base 70 no matter where you put your EVs? Thanks!

Hidden power goes on IVs not EVs

Pokemon trainer Jeremy
30th August 2005, 1:36 AM
uhhh hello mine please.....???

Darkeggy
30th August 2005, 1:58 AM
Make your own thread.

Dragon Master Blade
30th August 2005, 3:25 AM
please be honest and rate my dragon team there all on level 100

Fafnir ;149;
king's rock
Earthquake
Hyperbeam
Outrage
Fireblast

Sizzle ;006;
charcoal
Flamethrower
Dragon Claw
Fly
Sunny Day

Carolox ;149;
none
Hyperbeam
Aerial Ace
DragonDance
EarthQuake

Salamence ;373;
Peteya Berry
Dragon Claw
Double-Edge
Flamethrower
Dragon Dance

Flygon ;330;
Soft Sand
EarthQuake
Dragon Claw
Flamethrower
Hyperbeam

Altaria ;334;
Dragon Claw
Dragon Dance
Ice Beam
Sky Attack

Pokemon trainer Jeremy
30th August 2005, 3:36 AM
darkeggy... iam asking the EXPERTS not random people...

leafgreen386
30th August 2005, 3:40 AM
Imo, this thread should be closed. You get more responses when you make your own thread, and inexperienced raters are too afraid to get flamed if they come here.

Blaziken05
30th August 2005, 3:45 AM
please be honest and rate my dragon team there all on level 100

Fafnir ;149;
king's rock
Earthquake
Hyperbeam
Outrage
Fireblast

Sizzle ;006;
charcoal
Flamethrower
Dragon Claw
Fly
Sunny Day

Carolox ;149;
none
Hyperbeam
Aerial Ace
DragonDance
EarthQuake

Salamence ;373;
Peteya Berry
Dragon Claw
Double-Edge
Flamethrower
Dragon Dance

Flygon ;330;
Soft Sand
EarthQuake
Dragon Claw
Flamethrower
Hyperbeam

Altaria ;334;
Dragon Claw
Dragon Dance
Ice Beam
Sky Attack
lol...Not going to go through all the trouble of rating everything, but some general advice. 10% boosts (Mystic Water, etc.) suck. Leftovers on almost everything. Hyper Beam and it's friends suck. Charizard needs Belly Drum. Fly and Outrage suck btw.

aipomkong
30th August 2005, 3:29 PM
everything in this thread has either;

a magneton + heracross weak

or

to much hyper beam

Firaga Metagross
30th August 2005, 4:08 PM
typhlosion w/ soothe bell
flamethrower
thunder punch
earthquake
return

feralgatr w/ nevermeltice
surf
ice beam
earthquake
crunch

sceptile w/ soft sand
leaf blade
earthquake
iron tail
dragon claw

raichu w/ mystic water
thunderbolt
reversal
thunder wave
surf

heracross w/ white scarf
megahorn
reversal
facade
earthquake

seviper w/ scope lens
sludge bomb
crunch
giga drain
flamethrower

what do you think?

-;376;

aipomkong
30th August 2005, 4:33 PM
typhlosion w/ soothe bell
flamethrower
thunder punch
earthquake
return

no - sunny day/fire blast/thunderpunch/substitute @ petaya berry

feralgatr w/ nevermeltice
surf
ice beam
earthquake
crunch

Swords Dance/Earthquake/Rck Slide/Hydro pump or HP Bug @ Leftovers

sceptile w/ soft sand
leaf blade
earthquake
iron tail
dragon claw

Leaf blade/Sub/Leech Seed/HP Ice @ Leftovers

raichu w/ mystic water
thunderbolt
reversal
thunder wave
surf

Bolt/Surf/HP Grass/Substitute @ Leftovers

heracross w/ white scarf
megahorn
reversal
facade
earthquake

Megahorn/Brick Break/Focus Punch/Rock Slide @ Choice Band

seviper w/ scope lens
sludge bomb
crunch
giga drain
flamethrower

Flamethrower/Sludge Bomb/Glare/whatever, it's not like seviper is good

looks more like an in-game team so in should have gone it In-Game team rate like all the others that randomly get put in here, with the excuse 'oh it's for link battles with my imaginary friend and to battle myself'

/Spoiler Text

Tazzler
30th August 2005, 11:46 PM
Jynz@Leftovers Modest
252Spatk/252Spd/6Hp
Calm Mind
Lovely Kiss
Ice Beam
Psychic

Sceptile@Need Help Naive
252spattk/252spd/6hp
leafblade
crunch
thunderpunch
dragonclaw

omastar@leftovers rash
68spd/252spattk/126Def/68hp

Salamencejolly
6hp/252spattk/252spd
earthquake
dragondance
aerial ace
rockslide

Persian@leftovers jolly
252attk/232spd/20hp
hypnosis
return
shadowball
aerial ace

houndoom@leftovers modest
252spd/252spattk/6hp
willowisp
beatup
flamethrower
crunch

Darkeggy
31st August 2005, 12:11 AM
Jynx@Leftovers Modest
252Spatk/252Spd/6Hp
Calm Mind
Lovely Kiss
Ice Beam
Psychic

Really dunno. Looks fine.

Sceptile@Need Help Timid
252spattk/252spd/6hp
leafblade
Leech Seed
Substitute
dragonclaw/HP Fire/Ice if NB

omastar@leftovers Modest
136 hp /122spd/252spattk/

Salamencejolly
6hp/252spattk/252spd
earthquake
dragondance
aerial ace
rockslide

Persian@leftovers jolly
252attk/232spd/20hp
hypnosis
return
shadowball
aerial ace

houndoom@leftovers modest
252spd/252spattk/6hp
willowisp
beatup
flamethrower
crunch

CMRaikou>Your team.

Pokemon trainer Jeremy
31st August 2005, 12:19 AM
Meganium(M)
Nature-Bold(+D,-A)
Ability-Overgrow
Hold-Leftovers
-Grasswhistle
-Light Screen
-Counter
-Razor Leaf

Arcanine(M)
Nature-Adamant(+A,-SA)
Ability-Intimidate
Hold-Leftovers
-Fire Blast
-Hidden Power(Fight)
-Extremespeed
-Howl

Lapras(M)
Nature-Modest(+SA,-A)
Ability-Shell Armour
Hold-Leftovers
-Surf
-Ice Beam
-Thunderbolt
-Confuse Ray

Snorlax(M)
Nature-Carefull(+SD,-SA)
Ability-Thick-Fat
Hold-Lefovers
-Substitute
-Focus Punch
-Body Slam
-Rest

Alakazam(M)
Nature-Timid(+SpD,-A)
Ability-Syncronzine
Hold-Leftovers
-Calm Mind
-Ice Punch
-Psychic
-Recover

Aerodactyl (M)
Nature-Jolly
Ability-Rock Head
Hold-Choice Band
-Aerial Ace
-Double Edge
-Hidden Power(rock)
-Eathquake

SHUCKLE MAN
5th September 2005, 9:54 AM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I will rate your Meganium for now

Meganium(M)
Nature-Bold(+D,-A)(Probably the best nature for this moveset)
Ability-Overgrow
Hold-Leftovers(good choice)
-Grasswhistle-I would not have a sleeping move on Meganium too innaccurate
-Light Screen-This is a good attack for Meganium, you could also use Reflect.
-Counter-Another great choice. Counter is great because of 100 base defense and a bold Meganium.
-Razor Leaf(Giga drain is more powerful and can give you a lot of extra HP despite only having 5PP.

Another possible moveset is
Meganium
Nature-Admant
Hold-Leftovers(always give a Meganium Leftovers)
Giga drain-(Good for making Meganium an annoyer)
Body Slam-(For diversity and does better in double battles because Razor leaf hits two opponents.
Toxic-Make a good impression on the opponent.
Razor Leaf-Another grass type move. You may be wondering why I have two of the same type of move in my moveset. This is because meganium lasts for ever such a long time in a battle and will probably run out of PP for giga drain before long especially if the for has pressure as its ability.
What Meganium really lacks is speed. I will edit this post later because my improvised moveset IMO is pretty bad and far too predictable so I will do research for a better one.

aipomkong
5th September 2005, 2:38 PM
what meganium should always lack is the move toxic kthx

Pokemon trainer Jeremy
10th September 2005, 4:51 AM
okay thanks Shuckle man

Blaziken05
10th September 2005, 4:59 AM
3 or 4 damaging moves on Zam IMO. no time to not attack.

Infinity
10th September 2005, 7:37 AM
I know it's a bit of a strech to get, but I do think that it'd be better to have Hidden Power Grass on Meganium since it has more PP.

That team holds a nice balance, although I'd switch Arcanine for something else... Just my personal opinion.

Pokemon trainer Jeremy
11th September 2005, 5:48 AM
okay any others
?

SHUCKLE MAN
12th September 2005, 10:02 PM
Arcanine is definately the best Pokemon on your team and is the 4th best fire type for battling. 1st is Ho-oh, 2nd (joint) are Moletres and Entei. So Arcanine is the best non-legendry firetype Pokemon although he is classed as a Legendry Pokemon if you look at his Pokedex entry. Compare his stats to Charizard, Blaziken, Typhlosion, Rapidash, Ninetales and his are by far the best. While I am here I will rate your Arcanine.

Arcanine(M)
Nature-Adamant(+A,-SA)-Well done it is probably the best nature for most Arcanines.
Ability-Intimidate-Obviously you could have choson Flashfire but intimidate is far better IMO
Hold-Leftovers-I doubt an Arcanine will ever hold any other better item than leftovers.
-Fire Blast-I would use Overheat it has higher power, accuracy and its side effect does not damage your other moves.
-Hidden Power(Fight)-It could also work well as Ground, Grass or Ice. If HP is Grass or Ice you cannot have Overheat though.
-Extremespeed-This is good for Arcanine because it saves you putting EVs into Speed
-Howl-This is not the best move but since Arcanine has such a limited movepool I reccomend that you keep it.
My movesets are:
Moveset 1
This is the same as your own except I would use HP ground instead of fighting. Flash fire could also be used instead of intimidate to power up Overheat but Intimidate makes Pokemon with groud and rock type attacks have a harder time beating you.
Moveset 2
Nature-Modest
Item-Leftovers
Ability-intimidate
Substitute
Fire Blast
Hidden Power Ice / Hidden Power Grass
Crunch / Overheat / Extremespeed
I do NOT reccomend using this moveset for competitive battling like Netbattle because Arcanine is not made to be a special sweeper. It is OK for the Gameboy games though. Substitute is there to help Arcanine to be a mixture of a tank and sweeper (I know it sounds silly). i do not reccomend using Overheat because you already have Fire Blast. Crunch would be better. Extremespeed always goes first but this is the SPECIAL sweeper Arcanine so Crunch is the best and gives you the edge over Ghost and Psychic types. Hidden Power Grass and Hidden Power Ice are here to beat your weaknesses. Grass is probably the best because it is Super Effective on Water, Ground and Rock which are your three main weaknesses.

I am sorry I am taking so long to rate your team. I am back at school and I have lots of homework (I am only 10 years old). I will rate your team as quick as possible if it is not too late. if anyone disagrees with my movesets please post. I would like to learn from my mistakes...

aipomkong
12th September 2005, 10:21 PM
good luck making Arcanine better then Houndoom

superryan
12th September 2005, 10:33 PM
houndoom is way more useful than Arcanine could ever dream to be

Pokemon trainer Jeremy
13th September 2005, 3:21 AM
hows this houndoom @ leftovers/ Quiet /nature /Early Bird*
-Cruch(STAB)
-Fire Blast(STAB)
-Hidden Power(GRASS)
-Will-O-Wisp

leafgreen386
13th September 2005, 3:25 AM
It's standard. Which means it's good. What is the HP's power? Btw, Beat Up is to hurt Blissey - Fire Blast is your only real STAB move.

superryan
13th September 2005, 3:53 AM
beat up runs off of the base attack stat of your team so STAB doesnt matter

Pokemon trainer Jeremy
13th September 2005, 1:06 PM
HP is grass i cant beleve i 4got about houndoom he was my favorite pokemon(next to espeon)

aipomkong
13th September 2005, 5:07 PM
beat up is useless on houndoom

YOU NEED ALL YOUR POKEMON STILL ALIVE AT LEAST

just use Pursuit/Crunch > Beat Up and then switch out of bliss to Heracross on the Wave for the easy win