PDA

View Full Version : Pokemon Breeders Of Any Region! Share Breeding Tips!

SapphireBlueEyes7799
29th June 2012, 4:30 PM
;197; Umbre, Umbreon!
Hello, I'm a Pokemon Trainer AND a Breeder. This is a forum where Breeders of any Region can share Breeding tips and secrets with their fellow Breeders. I'm a breeder from the Unova Region. :3

Serah Farron
1st July 2012, 10:49 AM
Ill jump in and say hi and if anyone has a question ill answer as best i can =]

White_Roar~
1st July 2012, 5:05 PM
Hi My name is Ducklett12 and I'm a major Pokemon Breeder from the Hoenn Region but I've explored Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, Sinnoh, and Unova with all my Pokemon

Codeepfly
1st July 2012, 5:29 PM
Nice to see ducklett in this thread. Breeders unite! I to breed as well and hail from sinnoh.

Räven
1st July 2012, 6:54 PM
YAY!!!!!!! Fellow breeders! ... I know absolutely nothing about breeding.

Meesey
1st July 2012, 11:36 PM
I used to do quite a bit of breeding back in gen IV. Hopefully Ill get back into it when I get wifi again soon, so if anyone has any questions ill attempt to answer them :)

SapphireBlueEyes7799
2nd July 2012, 1:21 AM
YAY!!!!!!! Fellow breeders! ... I know absolutely nothing about breeding.

Oh Gmaemaster xD Then why are you on here? :P

TeamRocketGrunt
2nd July 2012, 1:24 AM
I'm a fellow breeder too. I suck and have bad luck though pokesex ftw

White_Roar~
2nd July 2012, 3:11 AM
I also wrote these paragraphs too! ^_^

Ducklett12: Ghost type 8th Gym Leader Region: Sinnoh
"The Silent Pokemon Breeder with a Ghostly passion"
Pokemon:
Gengar
Banette
Dusknoir
Mismagius
Rotom (Frost form)
Froslass

I always think of myself as a Pokemon Breeder because I like to treat my Pokemon as if they were real like say if I take a Chikorita out of my team and I had it for a really long time, I would think that Chikorita wouldn't just want to leave me. It has good memories with me and chreished moments as well. I also like to talk to my Pokemon to and I like to know how my Pokemon communicate with each other and what they're likes and dislikes are such as food, nature and personality. Also when Caretaking for Pokemon, A Trainer is responsible for the health and happiness of their Pokémon. Therefore, Trainers are expected to feed them, take them to Pokémon Centers regularly, heal their status ailments, revive them when they have fainted, and give them attention and affection. That's what I do but, Neglecting a Pokémon is often looked down upon, since it reflects a severe lack of responsibility as a Trainer. That's why my profile says, Ducklett12 Pokemon Breeder

Seven Years of Letters
2nd July 2012, 5:06 AM
Where are the tips then?

SapphireBlueEyes7799
2nd July 2012, 3:31 PM
Honestly I don't know where the tips are xD but it is a place for breeders to unite x3

Serah Farron
3rd July 2012, 9:39 PM
Breeding tip number 1:: ALWAYS save before picking up an egg.

Every egg is predetermined once you pick it up. If you get an egg then save and it hatches into a bold nature. If you reset it will still be a bold nature. If you save before hand and get that same egg It could hatch into a different nature like sassy or mild. So make sure you always save before grabbing eggs so you can get a nature you want

SapphireBlueEyes7799
5th July 2012, 12:25 AM
Here's a Breeding Tecnique:
Have someone who wants a Pokemon breeded a certain nature? Well, make the parent with the right nature hold an everstone. It will pass down the nature to their baby.

silence27
5th July 2012, 1:09 AM
Hi yall thanks for the everstone tip. I hatched a Nincada and wanted to EV train it. I let it hold a Macho Brace and it has Pokerus to promote the growth. I then took it to route 3 to battle Basculin which hole 2 speed Evs. My Nincada is Impish and is somewhat vain. Defense is red and Special attack is blue. So speed shouldn't be hindered, right? The Macho Brace should take those 2 speed evs and double it, making it 4 and then pokerus should double THAT making it 8. So how is it when Nincada levels up the speed only goes up by 1? I heard 4 Evs make a +1 so shouldn't the speed get +2 for every Basculin I kill?

SapphireBlueEyes7799
5th July 2012, 1:26 AM
Hm, I'm not an expert at this EV training stuff, but all Pokemon are different. Maybe somehow, It doesn't affect the Nincada. I wouldn't know how though.

Serah Farron
5th July 2012, 7:27 AM
Unlike the previous gen where you could see your self getting +7 or +21 to a stat for EV training gen Vs leveling system was modified to still give you nothing higher then A +4 maybe a +5. I don't know why they did this but dony worry you still get the points you would be getting if you EV train. They just have it spread through out the entire level base. It's wierd but I've tested it and it works

As for the everstone, you could do that but you have to remember the female has to hold it as the female passes the ability and the male passes down moves. Though I've always breed using the power items to tranfer Ivs the nature I can always find with time.

silence27
5th July 2012, 8:05 PM
So...somehow I've failed horribly. I don't see how but I guess I must have. I tried to put 252 Evs into Nincada holding Macho Brace with Pokerus. I fought 15 Basculin, 24 Patrat/Lillipup, and 9 Frillish. Basculin give 2 speed Evs, Patrat/Lillipup give(s) 1 Attack Ev, and Frillish 1 Sp. Def Ev. First Basculin 15x4 is 60. Multiply that by 2 = 120. Second Patrat/Lillipup. 24x2 is 48. Multiply that by 2 = 96. Third Frillish. 9x2 is 18. Multiply that by 2 = 36. 120+96+36 = 252. I go to the lady in Oppelucid city to see if Nincada's Evs are maxed out to find out that they are not. Then I realize 252 Evs is the max amount I need in training but 255 is the actual max amount overall cause 3 Evs go to waste. So I go and fight 3 more Lillipups just to knock out those 3 wasted Evs and go back to Oppelucid city but only to find out Nincada's Evs STILL AREN'T MAXED OUT? So I give Nincada 10 Proteins for the hell of it and...his Evs still aren't maxed out. It is holding Macho Brace and has Pokerus. I know this is my first attempt at Ev training but still I'm confused as **** lol

Serah Farron
5th July 2012, 9:43 PM
Thre are a total of 510 Evs you can put on any Pokemon. Every stat can have a max of 255. It's confusing but if you want message me an ill explain it to you so it's not as complicated

scourt91
5th July 2012, 11:27 PM
Hey there everyone, this may not be the place to ask this but as your all breeders it makes sense to ask you all :) when you look at a pokemons stats eg attack def, special att etc.... are they iv's? and if so when you breed for better iv's should you be able to see them or will they still appear as 5/6's? Thanks for anyones time who does answer this :)

oh also... dwf pokemon.. if you breed them and the offspring is female and it carries the ability do they class as a dwf or just a regular pokemon?

Eelijah
6th July 2012, 12:13 AM
Here's a Breeding Tecnique:
Have someone who wants a Pokemon breeded a certain nature? Well, make the parent with the right nature hold an everstone. It will pass down the nature to their baby.

Excuse me, I am not an expert breeder, but I once read somewhere that only female parents holding an Everstone have the right chances to pass down their nature to the babies. Is that right?

Serah Farron
6th July 2012, 12:20 AM
Hey there everyone, this may not be the place to ask this but as your all breeders it makes sense to ask you all :) when you look at a pokemons stats eg attack def, special att etc.... are they iv's? and if so when you breed for better iv's should you be able to see them or will they still appear as 5/6's? Thanks for anyones time who does answer this :)

no they are not your IVs. IVs can go from 0-31 0 being bad 31 being outstanding. when a pokemon is hatched and you see its stats it could read 5\5\6\7\5\4 and have a neutral nature. you can guess that the IV value for each stat is by looking at these but not the actual IVs. You have to go to the NPC in the battle subway for a assesment of your pokemon. You can use the serebii page they have set up for the explanations on what they say.

oh also... dwf pokemon.. if you breed them and the offspring is female and it carries the ability do they class as a dwf or just a regular pokemon?

its considered a dwF

Excuse me, I am not an expert breeder, but I once read somewhere that only female parents holding an Everstone have the right chances to pass down their nature to the babies. Is that right?

Yeah your right i poseted that under it but yes only Females can pass down abilities while males pass down moves

scourt91
6th July 2012, 12:38 AM
Thank you very much for the help :D

ohjeezitskim
6th July 2012, 12:38 AM
I breed but what natures are the most wanted? I know jolly is one of them.

Serah Farron
6th July 2012, 12:43 AM
natures depend on how you really train a pokemon, so i dont really know what would be the most wanted though i know everyone has preferences

ohjeezitskim
6th July 2012, 1:00 AM
Oh alright! I hear everyone always talking about Jolly or Adamant so I figured there was a set group of natures people wanted the most!

SapphireBlueEyes7799
6th July 2012, 1:13 AM
There are some pretty popular Natures out there, Adamant being only one. Hardy is another popular one, seeming it doesn't affect the stats of a Pokemon.
And yes, I was mistaken. The female passes down the Nature. Exception is when you breed with a Ditto. Making the male hold the everstone passes down the Nature. I was asked to breed an Adamant Electrike, so I got my Adamant Manectric and bred it with Ditto, resulting in me getting Electrikes with all Adamant Nature.

Mellette
6th July 2012, 8:35 AM
I'm very new to breeding and my first experiment is my charmander. Me and my friends did a sort of pokemon draft to get our 6 and we plan on having a league, and since Charizard isn't the strongest I wanted to try and breed for high attack IVs but I'm not entirely sure what I'm doing. I've been taking the newly hatched eggs to the guy who tells you their potential and so far I haven't gotten any that have superb potential. Idealy I could get that and a have attack be its best stat and have it say, "It could not be better." Any help would be gladly appreciated and I'm open to help on move sets also.

Serah Farron
6th July 2012, 8:41 AM
It's very hard to breed Pokemon to have "it can't be better" unless you have rnged one or it is hacked in some wy but there is always luck. If you do come across one it is always good to have the power items as when they are held you can actually pass on the Ivs of the parent. It took me a while but I have a legit flawless ditto that I bred like crazy to get all the stats at 31 IV. It can be done you just need lots of patience. I offer breeding services if one wants help feel free to ask just know I breed all in my White.

As for move sets it depends what you want. I can offer charmanders with belly drum as that's usually a crowd favorite.

Mellette
6th July 2012, 8:48 AM
I've had about 60 charmander eggs so yeah I can see its hard.. My electrive is my only superb "it can't be better" pokemon and I really want to get charizard that way.. Is the only way to just keep hatching eggs until I get lucky?

Right now for move set I have planned
Fly ( It's a mildly good flying attack and I need to get around without constantly going to the computer)
Heat Wave
Earthquake
Crunch

Is bellydrum good for charizard?

Serah Farron
6th July 2012, 8:54 AM
Pretty much. Just lots of patience and time. If you want I can hatch one for you. I like breeding and it's something I do a lot. Right now I'm finally breeding my magcargo.

Mellette
6th July 2012, 8:56 AM
What did you think about move set? I would love the help trying to get a high attack IV and then I can train for EVs even though I'm not entirely sure how to. I'm playing on soul silver though can you trade between White and SS?

Serah Farron
6th July 2012, 9:02 AM
Well the move set I see a lot is an attacking set.
Belly drum/flare blitz/wing attack/thunder punch or earthquake
belly drum you get from breeding with snorelax and thunder punch is a tutor move

And no you won't beable to trade. It's going to be luck until you fine the nature you want with the IV you want.

Fincap
6th July 2012, 2:00 PM
Breeders unite? I'm a breeder from the Unova region, but I have travelled a bit of every region. Here's my tip. Get a ditto from a different country. It will increase your chances of getting a shiny anything, which can then be used to breed with other pokemon. If your "client" requests a pokemon to be bred with a certain nature, and no egg moves, dittos are also very useful since they don't pass down moves.

Honestly, I'm not that great of a breeder, but it's what I love. Peace.

SapphireBlueEyes7799
6th July 2012, 4:00 PM
Ah, I' a breeder yet I feel stupid for asking this. In Pokemon Black, where exactly is the guy who rates your Pokemon? Or is there not one in black? I've never taken time to look at IVs or EV train my Pokemon, but I would like to know where the guy is.

Trickster Zorua
6th July 2012, 5:32 PM
Ah, I' a breeder yet I feel stupid for asking this. In Pokemon Black, where exactly is the guy who rates your Pokemon? Or is there not one in black? I've never taken time to look at IVs or EV train my Pokemon, but I would like to know where the guy is.

Subway station, search for a guy, it rates your poke! ;)

Serah Farron
6th July 2012, 7:25 PM
The best way to breed a shiny is get to different region Pokemon like one from Japan and one from the uk and breed them together in your version. You get eggs a lot faster as well. But make sure that the poke species is the same example two caterpies or two shinx

Nutter t.KK
6th July 2012, 8:03 PM
I'm going to shut this thread. This is either a "game" help thread, or a Club, either of them will require being make in to another forum section. I'm just a little unsure of where to move it to.