PDA

View Full Version : Returning to Pokemon

intwo
6th July 2012, 4:01 PM
Hello!

I just graduated from college and I'm extremely bored, so I started playing Pokemon again. The last game that I played was Crystal, some ten years ago. Unfortunately, I could not find any copies of the GameBoy Advanced generation games, so I bought a Nintendo DSi and Pokemon Pearl.

It's nice to see that the game has not changed much. I just wish the region somehow connected to the regions from previous games and contained more Pokemon. I also assumed that I would be able to find most of the 400 or so existing Pokemon from that generation in the game - sort of like how Crystal increased the Pokedex to 251. My only disappointment is the contests. I'm too old to be playing dress up with Pokemon... but then again, I'm probably too old to be playing Pokemon anyways. :D

SapphireBlueEyes7799
6th July 2012, 4:37 PM
You can never be too old to play Pokemon. Pokemon Pearl you say? I have Pokemon Diamond, though I transferred all my Pokemon over to Pokemon Black. Whenever you finish Pearl, you shuld try out HearGold/SoulSilver, Or Black/White. They are more advanced, and the Pokemon Contests are replaced by the Pokeathalon (I spelled that totally wrong.) and Bug catching Contest in HG/SS. In B/W, It is replaced with a Pokemon Musical. But anyways, welcome! ....Back. xD

Forsaken Greninja
6th July 2012, 4:37 PM
Hmmm...

Hello, I love pokemon to, but also dragons, if you ever want a friend.... ask me or some of me other friends. I'm going into high school!! YAAAY!! so welcome

Trickster Zorua
6th July 2012, 4:39 PM
Yeah, I love pokemon too, it's a awesome series!

If you neeed a friend, VM me! ;)

intwo
6th July 2012, 5:05 PM
You can never be too old to play Pokemon. Pokemon Pearl you say? I have Pokemon Diamond, though I transferred all my Pokemon over to Pokemon Black. Whenever you finish Pearl, you shuld try out HearGold/SoulSilver, Or Black/White. They are more advanced, and the Pokemon Contests are replaced by the Pokeathalon (I spelled that totally wrong.) and Bug catching Contest in HG/SS. In B/W, It is replaced with a Pokemon Musical. But anyways, welcome! ....Back. xD

I definitely want to pick up HeartGold and SoulSilver in the future. And thanks for the welcome, everyone!

Am I missing something or is it extremely difficult to find copies of Ruby, Emerald, Sapphire, Fire Red, and Leaf Green?

scourt91
6th July 2012, 5:13 PM
The only place to get old games is eBay, just always buy the pal versions as they are rarely counterfeit :) just check google how to spot fakes first, I recently got a sapphire version from there but the internal battery has ran dry :( anyway hope you enjoy it online and I have both diamond and platinum so if you need a friend just add me or send me a pm :)

TeamGalacticMars
6th July 2012, 6:27 PM
Welcome and I am glad you still like pokemon!

★ Lucario ★
6th July 2012, 8:04 PM
Welcome to SPPf! If you need any help just VM (Visitor Message) me!

Darato
6th July 2012, 10:41 PM
Welcome to sppf!

If you need any help or just want a friend feel free to ask me.

L.F.D.

ChloboShoka
6th July 2012, 11:21 PM
Welcome to the forums.

G50
7th July 2012, 11:34 PM
Hello intwo, Welcome to the Forums! :)

Make sure you get acquainted with the FAQs, rules, and stickies of the Forums and sections. ™

If you have any other questions, feel free to ask. ™