PDA

View Full Version : OCD/weird things you do in the game?

nekomi
7th July 2012, 9:52 PM
Are there any weird things you do in the game?

Some things I do:

I never nickname my Pokemon.
I only catch Pokemon with good natures.
I try to catch some Pokemon in certain Pokeballs.
I only hatch eggs on Route 3.
I always rearrange the PC boxes when I catch new Pokemon.
I try not to save if I wasted a lot of time.
I never use evolutionary stones until I find another.
I never use healing items.

mario_fan
8th July 2012, 3:00 AM
I never use items I only get or have one of for example I don't use my castella cone until I can get another day
and post game try to catch all pokemon in Premium or Luxury balls.

Dragalge
8th July 2012, 3:02 AM
I always use my bike everywhere I go in the games.

TheEliteEmpoleon
8th July 2012, 4:08 AM

Wow that's so weird!
Mine is that I only catch stuff in pokeballs.

FairyWitch
8th July 2012, 4:16 AM
the most ocd thing i do is save the game every single time i accomplish something but then i save again to make sure it saves...i started to do that since my red version which i did save and stuff but when i went to turn it on it never saved...so i ended up saving like mad after that...the saving madness was born :p

Wishing Star
8th July 2012, 4:20 AM
I don't save if I waste a lot of time without doing something productive. A thousand eggs and no shinies? Soft reset.
I use items until I have one left of them unless I absolutely have to.
I don't use Ethers, Elixirs, Max Ethers, Max Elixirs, or Leppa Berries.
I don't use Max Revives.
Unless I only have one HP-restoration item left, if a Pokémon has 164/165 HP, I'll heal it.
If I want to nickname a Pokémon, but I can't think of a nickname, I'll sit at the nickname screen until I think of a nickname. Yes, my DS has died from idling at that screen while naming shiny Pokémon tons of times before. (That's why I have so few shinies in my shiny card...)
In the Medicine pocket, I always put the "food" restorative items first, in decreasing-effectiveness order, then Potions (increasing order), Full Restores, Full Heals, Revives, then the vitamins (in stat-screen order), then the wings (in stat-screen order), then everything else.
Speaking of the wings, I never use them.

That's all I can think of at the moment. (:

Princess Raspberyl
8th July 2012, 4:33 AM

This. =P Also, I seriously feel weird if I don't nickname my Pokemon and I have no idea why. O+O

Sinfonietta
8th July 2012, 4:34 AM
A big one is coordinating pokeballs (An example off the top of my head would be a Pokemon like Cresselia in a heal ball). Another thing is organizing boxes by Pokemon bred, Pokemon caught, and Pokemon traded for, and then further breaking that down into shinies, along with a box for all my competitive Pokes. I also can say I avoid using pretty much any item until I can get another one.

FairyWitch
8th July 2012, 4:38 AM
A big one is coordinating pokeballs (An example off the top of my head would be a Pokemon like Cresselia in a heal ball). Another thing is organizing boxes by Pokemon bred, Pokemon caught, and Pokemon traded for, and then further breaking that down into shinies, along with a box for all my competitive Pokes. I also can say I avoid using pretty much any item until I can get another one.

you just reminded me of my other ocd....i like to arrange my items and medicine and etc in a certian order by stones, and etc...i been doing that for awhile lol...

Wishing Star
8th July 2012, 4:45 AM
you just reminded me of my other ocd....i like to arrange my items and medicine and etc in a certian order by stones, and etc...i been doing that for awhile lol...

The odd thing is, I don't care about evolutionary stone order. So while I must have my Potions arranged in the order of Potion, Super Potion, Hyper Potion, then Max Potion, I don't care whether it's Water Stone, Fire Stone, Leaf Stone, ThunderStone; or Fire Stone, ThunderStone, Leaf Stone, Water Stone.

Dragalge
8th July 2012, 4:46 AM
I hardly really use Fly except the storyline XD Only time I use it is Volcarona to hatch eggs and fly to get IVs and Hidden Power checked. Then I travel across Unova=)p

infernape612
8th July 2012, 4:53 AM
I have my PC Boxes completely sorted by National Dex number. Also, completing the National Dex isn't enough for me - I have to own every single Pokemon at the same time!

Donesparce
8th July 2012, 4:55 AM
I am extremely conservative with pp restoring/raising items. They can't be bought so I I only use them when I really need to, which I rarely decide that I do.

PikaPika677
8th July 2012, 5:45 AM
- I save in the middle of the Pokéball in the Pokémon Center
- I maintain my team's levels
- I save my Master Ball (except on stupidly hard to find legendaries like Suicune)
- I save before major events/battles

That's all I can think of off the top of my head.

Recon
8th July 2012, 5:54 AM
Store my PP ups and stat boosting items. Sort Pokemon based on the background of the box. Store Max Revives and stones and shards.

Jirachi9
8th July 2012, 6:02 AM
i never use to use my TMs because you could only get one of them.. now that you can reuse them i don't do this though.

nekomi
8th July 2012, 5:04 PM

I do this too. Lol.

The Eleventh
8th July 2012, 5:14 PM
I always save in the middle of the Poké Ball design on the floor of each Pokémon Center. I also catch the members of my team in standard Poké Balls, and rearrange their moves in a particular fashion. I place the basic, most-used attacking moves at the top, then support moves lower down.

Archangel Armada
8th July 2012, 11:55 PM
- I save in the middle of the Pokéball in the Pokémon Center
- I maintain my team's levels
- I save my Master Ball (except on stupidly hard to find legendaries like Suicune)
- I save before major events/battles

That's all I can think of off the top of my head.

I do all of this as well ^_^ Well I also arrange my Pokemon on the PC by evolution line and if it doesn't have one I just put them in a separate box :P

SoulMuse
9th July 2012, 12:24 AM
I always arrange my boxes by level ( 1-10, 11-20 and so on), but otherwise not much.

rykerr1
9th July 2012, 12:33 AM

I do this too.

Other things I do:
-arrange Pokemon by region in the PC (2 Unova boxes, 2 Sinnoh, etc)
-DW Pokemon and Foreign Pokemon are kept separate from everyone else >.<
-I only hatch eggs at Skyarrow bridge.
-I always use my starter on my first playthrough.
-I never save inside of buildings. If I'm in a Pokemon center, I leave the building before I save.

That's all I can think of at the moment >.<

The Benmeister
9th July 2012, 12:34 AM
I have to have all of my Pokemon on my team in the same Pokeball.

EmiiLava
9th July 2012, 4:53 PM
Organizing my PC after I wreck it :D

Farore the Virizion
9th July 2012, 8:23 PM
Heh. If I walk in a circle I have to walk the same way back round the same amount of times as I did before.

Farore the Virizion
9th July 2012, 8:24 PM
Heh. If I walk in a circle I have to walk the same way back round the same amount of times as I did before.

sackbot14
9th July 2012, 8:36 PM
-Organize PC pokemon by type, like BOX1 is Normal, 2 is Grass and so on. Then I have other boxes for Eggs/babies, legendaries, traded, transfer, party pokemon...

-All of my party pokemon (like ones a group into a party for online battles and such) need to have a nickname.

-I will not use a pokemon just for an outstanding trait like high defenses, speed, or attack, or a good ability, if I don't like how it looks.

-I must have certain number of items. Like: 15 potions, 25 super potions, 50 hyper potions, 75 max potions, 100 full restores. This applies to status healers and things like soda pop and moomoo milk as well. o.o

-Under no circumstance can 2 pokemon in one party have the same type.

-I generally never switch out party pokemon for the first story playthrough and postgame, after I catch it. So the pidove I caught on route 3, was still with me when I battled Alder (evolved though).

-Eggs are always hatched in one location for a game. For Black and White, its Skyarrow bridge, for most others, its the Cycling Road or Pokemon League.

Crimson Penguin
9th July 2012, 8:39 PM
When it comes to my first playthrough, I have a lot of OCD tendencies:

I must have one Fire and one Water Pokemon, and preferably one Grass, one Electric, and something that can use Fly. I also usually have at least one dual-type on my team. However, I cannot have more than one of the same type on the same team. I always use the full six slots on my team.

I never name the player character after myself. Ever.

If I'm not looking at the screen when the message "(Player) saved the game!" appears, I have to save again.

All my Pokemon must be within one level of each other unless absolutely necessary (such as an Elite Four battle or when I need to use an HM slave to get through a dungeon).

richi3f
9th July 2012, 9:02 PM
Some things I do:

I don't use Repels, Escape Ropes, Master Balls, PP Ups, PP Max, or Max Revives. However, I start using Repels and Escape Ropes once I beat the Elite Four.
Boxed Pokémon are arranged by type and national order. Spare boxes are used to keep legendaries, shinies, events, and synchronizers.
I don't train shinies or legendaries.
I keep the quantity of each item in my bag divisible by 5 or 2.
I don't teach HM moves (bar Surf and Waterfall) to my team members.
I try to hatch eggs in places the Pokémon is most likely to be found in the wild.
I like having one Pokémon from each generation in my team.
I don't like having two Pokémon of the same type in my team and I also don't like training the same Pokémon my rival or another main character has.

hokala
9th July 2012, 9:14 PM
I always save twice and save often (I've had too many nightmares of losing a lot of progress from playing so many SNES games and Fallout 3)
I always put the DS down when I throw a Pokeball out.
I'm a bit obsessed with making sure I'm using the Pokemon that the opponent's Pokemon is weak to

Navarch
9th July 2012, 9:22 PM
I only use Pokeballs and Masterballs...Legendaries are a pain...

LordLucario21
9th July 2012, 9:36 PM
I always overstock and overlevel for the E4, ride my bike everywhere, never use stuff like old gateaus, and Casteliacones, and never make my final in-game team have 6 members ( which is always coincidental).

EDIT: I also save twice before shutting my game off.

Zenthor
10th July 2012, 12:35 PM
I hate any pokeball that isn't a normal pokeball and refuse to use it aside from the event balls and masterballs of course.
I hate having the legendary pokemon from the game covers in my party.

doodlecloud
10th July 2012, 1:34 PM
Let's see:

I save in the middle of the pokeball in the pokemon center.
I heal my pokemon before saving or putting them in boxes.
I save two, sometimes three times, (unless I see the saved message come up I can never be sure if I've actually saved or not)
I nickname all Pokemon but never nickname legendaries.
I pretty much never touch legendaries (no levelling up, teaching moves or using in teams). The two exceptions to this are a Jirachi that I just had to use because it was too damn cute and a Zekrom. I'm can't remember how or why I ended up using Zekrom but he's a part of the team now so I can't just stop using him.
I arrange my boxes by national dex order and have a space for each full evolved pokemon (venusaur, charizard, blastoise, butterfree, etc.)
I have special boxes for special pokes (special move or ability), shinies, doubles and pokemon with good IVs)
I have to train everything from the lowest form of pokemon (if you can only catch ariados in the wild, I catch it, breed a spinarak, release the original and evolve the spinarak instead)
I don't like using traded pokemon (if I trade for a pokemon for my pokedex I have to use it to breed my own and then release the traded one)
I don't like having a pokedex entry and not owning the pokemon so I pretty much never trade for pokemon if I can't breed my own afterwards(still don't have Tornadus and Landorus)
I don't trade for pokemon if there's a way I can get them without trading (meaning I only really tradefor version exclusives that I can't get on the DW or starters that I can't get without buying another game or deleting my current one)
If I have a shiny of something I make sure that that is the sprite that appears in the pokedex
I pretty much never use items
I definitely don't use items if I only have one of them (used to never use TMs either)
I match pokeball designs to pokemon
When training a team I never have more than a 2 or 3 level gap between the pokes with the lowest and highest levels
I try not to be obsessive about genders but there are some pokemon that just have to be a certain gender (male Skitty and Jigglypuff I'm looking at you weirdos)

There are probably a load more that I won't remember until I catch myself doing it.

Seannoob
11th July 2012, 10:11 AM
Just today, I decided that I need to have all of my Pokemon in its National Dex numbered space in my PC ( Box 1 holds Pokemon #1 - #30, Box #2 holds #31 - #60 and so on). Also, whenever I talk on this forum I feel the need to capitalize my I's :P But only on here xD

Mikey1701
11th July 2012, 10:16 AM
My Pokemon team has to be the same level
All my Pokemon have assigned spacea in the Pokemon box system based on the order I've caught them
I try not to evolve my Pokemon unless I deem it strictly nessesary (I only evolved Tepig at Lv. 29 to beat Elesa)
I always hold down the B button when throwing a Pokeball

ebevan91
12th July 2012, 9:11 PM
My starter MUST be the highest level on the team.
I'm constantly pressing or holding down the B button, during battle, conversations, riding bike, walking, etc.
When I buy items, I always buy them so the second digit once they're in my bag is a 5 or 0.
The only legendaries I can use are the ones that are the version mascot of the game I'm playing (Giratina on Platinum, Ho-oh on HeartGold, Zekrom on White, etc.)

Pippi
12th July 2012, 9:24 PM
Let's see...

I always double-save. Doesn't matter when.
I keep all of the Pokémon I catch in standard PokéBalls.
I keep all of my Pokémon in the team certain levels apart.
My starter has to be the strongest.
If I get my starter decided, I need to catch the other two types to balance the core. Like, if I pick Emboar, I need to add a Grass and a Water Pokémon to the team, etc.
I stick to my pre-determined in-game team for the whole game. Anything else will be boxed.
I feel the need to train a Pokémon from the lowest evolution stage possible.

I probably do more, but I haven't caught myself yet.

WishIhadaManafi5
12th July 2012, 10:03 PM
* I tend to organize both my lv. 100 Pokémon and my shinies...
* I tend to save a lot, just in case... I'd hate to have my game freeze in the middle of a double battle in the wild... had that happen once... hated it... darn glitch.

TeamGalacticMars
12th July 2012, 10:17 PM
I never use my bike
I like to evolve my pokemon
I always have my boxes aranged my way.

Floette
12th July 2012, 10:50 PM
I save my game about 3 times before shutting off. I don't know why :p

I also feel the urge to battle every single trainer I see. Can't waste any exp ^_^

doodlecloud
12th July 2012, 10:52 PM
I never use my bike
I like to evolve my pokemon
I always have my boxes aranged my way.

Seriously? How do you not go insane? o_O

iloveicebeam
12th July 2012, 11:11 PM
i dont use more than one type of pokemon. for example, if i have a flying/normal type, i dont use a normal or flying type.
i arrange the order of my team by shortest name to longest name, same with my moves.
if i have a dual type, i only use one move of that type on my pokemon.

Martinzqx
12th July 2012, 11:24 PM
In every gen I have played I ALWAYS arrange my items. Max Repels first, evolution stones, and hold items (plates, battle items, evolutionary items((eg. magmarizer)), shards).
-I also get really anxious when I use even the tiniest amount of money so I try and be as frugal as possible.
-I always try to catch legendaries in pokeballs just because it seems funny to me.
-I never give my pokemon any nicknames.

Zecaomes
12th July 2012, 11:30 PM
I arrange my boxes by type.
Use bike wherever I go
Never nickname my Pokémon

Sworn Metalhead
13th July 2012, 12:03 AM
I have never nicknamed a Pokemon, always catch Pokes in PokeBalls (never any other kinds such as Great Balls) as it looks unprofessional - Legendaries are a pain. I also never repeat a type and always heal before a battle with a rival or main trainer (even if I'm sure I'm going to win) just to impress the CPU. Psycho I know

midnightelise
13th July 2012, 12:08 AM
Unlike most of you who save up your money, I'm a terrible money spender. Before I go catch a legendary, I get at least 10-20 of each pokeball I think I might use. Even if I already have a bunch. (So now I have 30 Timer balls that I should really sell back...) But I beat the game a while ago and sold a bunch of the Undella Bay treasures, so I have more money than I know what to do with anyway. XD

Wolfgirl44
13th July 2012, 7:57 PM
Occasionally I'll get really invested in totally useless projects.
As an example, I spent all of yesterday hatching and nicknaming a small army of Castform. Am I ever going to use them? Probably not, Castform is pathetic. Was it fun? Oh yes.

Italianbaptist
14th July 2012, 3:02 AM
I always save inside of a Pokemon Center...I blame the Stadium games for this little quirk
I spend long periods of time rearranging the Pokemon in my boxes
I am very particular about the Pokeballs my Pokemon go in and sometimes struggle with having certain Pokeballs together in my party. Specialty ones with a White bottom (Net, Timer, Repeat) and ones that are fully different colors (Dive, Dusk, Quick, Heal, Luxury, etc.) clash to me. But Pokeballs and Great Balls are timeless. Ultra balls are kinda ugly :P

I try to save in the middle of the Pokeball of the Pokemon Center, which made Sapphire particularly frustrating...there I would save in my Secret Base or in the hot springs :)

Bokk
14th July 2012, 3:36 AM
-This no longer applies to me, now that I have two DSes and both White and Black, but whenever I went below ten people in Black City, I would restart the game.

-When obtaining gym badges, I keep my starter two levels higher than the rest of my team.

-My starter has to always be male.

Shade2000
14th July 2012, 8:20 AM
Well on black I always take Samurott Excadrill and Emolga wherever I go. On my white I must have all my Pokemon roughly the same level. It's not much but...

D0M0
14th July 2012, 8:32 AM
Every time I buy pokeballs I get multiples of 10 for premier balls, which are the ones I want, and I always nickname pokemon that I somewhat care about, unless they're trade fodder or traded from someone else

Suffice
14th July 2012, 8:37 AM
I always save my game twice.
All the pokemon I'm going to use in my team have to be caught in normal pokeballs.
All my team members must be nicknamed.
I never use my bike.
I hate having legendaries in my party.

Poliwhirl'sMittens
14th July 2012, 9:27 AM
I never use PP healing items such as ethers or elixers.
I never use max revives.
I never use masterballs.
I used to never use TMs. Unlimited TMs are the greatest thing to ever happen.

None of the pokemon that are in my party are allowed to learn HM moves except for surf or waterfall so I get an HM slave out whenever I need it but put it back in the PC afterwards (Tropius).

All of my pokemon must be a gender that is the opposite of what they look like. (For example: Machamp, Slowbro/king, Weezing, Slaking, etc. must be female, while Bellossom, Clefable, Gardevoir, etc. must be male) I'm just weird like that lol..(Unless the IVs are good which is happening in my Black game so it's really really bothering me D; )

All of the pokeballs must match the pokemon's personality. (For example, Chansey goes in a heal ball, legendaries never go in timer/dusk balls)

No pokemon is allowed to faint while battling so I constantly soft-reset if one gets knocked out.

Unless I'm training low-leveled pokemon, no pokemon is allowed to share exp. since I want them to get the full amount and I soft-reset if it gets shared

Any nickname I give to my pokemon must be a normal noun without numbers or symbols and all pokemon must share the same name theme. (Platinum's theme was food names, Soul Silver's theme was things in a bathroom, and Black's theme is office supplies names).

I only catch the pokemon that I like unless I really need something from GTS so my pokedex is not that impressive...

Post-RBY/GSC I stopped using legendaries and they are now only meant for novelty.

After beating the Elite Four, I stop using my original pokemon party to battle so that I can save the exp for EV trained ones.

I always spam A while: an egg is hatching, I'm healing my pokemon, and after I throw a pokeball.

Trioxhydre
14th July 2012, 9:30 AM
One time I tried to copy Iris and make a whole dragon type team for fun if that count's?

Uhhhh....

If not....

I SING WEIRD LYRICS TO THE MUSIC?

.-.;

G50
16th July 2012, 1:52 PM
- I would always use my starter and the elemental monkey only always.
- I catch all three monkies every time for each run-through.

Willy.lee
17th July 2012, 4:18 AM
The most odd thing was getting a mystery gift darkai, and saving after i checked it was adament nature

munchlaxboy
17th July 2012, 4:23 AM
My PC is arranged so that there are no random spaces between the Pokemon. I remember I used to arrange them in extremely specific boxes, too.

I now treat the Gym battles like the Anime battles, using the same amount of Pokemon and not using healing items in battle.

PinKunoichi
17th July 2012, 4:45 AM
~ My starter will either be grass or water, and I have this pattern going concerning them. ((Silver)Feraligatr, (Sapphire) Sceptile, (Emerald) Swampert, (LeafGreen) Venusaur, (Pearl) Empoleon, (Platinum) Torterra, (HeartGold) Feraligatr, (Black) Serperior, and Samurott will be next in Black2) If I ever choose fire, it will be the biggest combo breaker I've ever done.

~ I name the Legendary Mascot after the game its in, such as Rayquaza Emerald, Palkia Pearl, Ho-Oh Gold. Reshiram was the odd ball in that I named it Yang, cause Black just didn't suit it.

~ I make sure my team are all around the same level.

~ Virtually use my bike whenever I can.

SouthParkPikachu
17th July 2012, 3:28 PM
I use my bike everywhere I go in the game...except buildings.
Repeatedly press the A button even though that doesn't make the game go any faster.
I limit using 1 legendary and one starter in my team.
Most of the time I save inside the Nimbasa City Pokemon Center...wonder how the girl with her Minccino feels about that. o_O
I change my team members around A LOT.

SasakiThePikachu
17th July 2012, 9:53 PM
I only nickname party members...pre gen 4 I nicknamed everything, but found myself running out of names :/

Hm, what else? I guess I always have to save in the Pokecenter, standing in the middle of the pokeball on the floor. Oh, and I always have a surfer and a flyer on my team, no matter what.

I also try never to put my DS in sleep mode in the middle of a battle. It just, ugh, it feels wrong.

Nightlingbolt
17th July 2012, 10:37 PM
-I only use Poke Balls when catching potential team members, unless I'm forced to use a Safari Ball.
-I nickname only team members and anything else I may have a non-HM Slave use for.
-On Black, I absolutely MUST have my Emboar and Simisage in my party AT ALL TIMES, as they're the only remaining members of the team that fought N and Ghetsis.
-When hatching an Egg, I always make an effort to hatch it in what would be a natural habitat for the baby.

Rai1994
19th July 2012, 3:11 AM
I only like to use PokéBalls when catching Pokémon
I never use my Master Ball on anything unless a Shiny Pokémon that has a dangerous move like whirlwind appears
I never nickname my Pokémon. I prefer they're actual names.
Sometimes I save twice to make sure I saved...

☭Secret_Shocker☭
19th July 2012, 8:00 AM
I always use my bike, even at short distances. Everywhere. Except indoors ofc.

Crimson_Blazer
19th July 2012, 8:31 AM
I used to not use any support or stat boosting moves, but dragon dance opened me up to using boosters, i also never nickname my pokemon. My starter is also always 2 levels higher than my other teammates. Also, unless its a useful pokemon ( archeops) i never have a flyer on my team, just some random poke in my PC that i get out whenever i need to go somewhere

FRUITYai
20th July 2012, 10:09 PM
-I always save standing on the Pokeball logo in the middle of the Pokecenter.
-I always hatch my eggs on Skyarrow Bridge (It's just so that I don't have to swerve my direction keys over and over again. I can just hit one direction for some period of time until I hear my character entering a terminal, when I hear that, I just go in the opposite direction. Rinse and repeat. Nice part about this is that I can multitask and do something else and just follow the sound of the game.
-I only use standard Pokeballs, I never touch the other Pokeballs during my play-through. It's probably just an aesthetic obsession. Also you rarely see anything other than a Pokeball in the anime.
-I save before any major battle (several times on occasion even if I clearly see my game saving)
-I arrange my boxes so that each one contains Pokemon that looks like they originate from the environment shown in the wallpaper.
-I always try to keep all of my Pokemon at the same level.

Ashiya
21st July 2012, 1:44 AM
- I always save more than once when I am done with my game for the day (for good measure too! have pressed the magical power button on impulse by accident)
- I always hatch my eggs on route 3 (which has been often as of late)
- I for some reason... always talk to the nurse joy twice to heal my pokemon (even though they are already healed...)
- I only use greatballs.
- I can't go anywhere without my darkrai or flyer Pokemon.
- I arrange my boxes based on the actual pokedex, keep legendaries in a legendaries box, partys in a party box and eggs in eggs. (Also includes removing any items from all pokemon)
- I have to re-arrange my inventory, and double check on items to make sure I have them still (don't wanna lose anything)
- I never nickname my pokemon (dont see why...) Any pokemon I DO have nicknamed would be my Arcanine, which is called Amaterasu.

Furret-Luver
11th August 2012, 7:58 PM
- i organize my PC boxes by type, trained, and sometimes species if i breed it a lot.
- i ride my bike everywhere
- i save after every "important" event or catching a Pokemon
- i try to hatch eggs in my favorite cites (castellia ans nimbassa)
- i wont use an item if i don't have another one of it
- sometimes i get emotional when a Pokemon evolves

Cutty
12th August 2012, 1:41 AM
- I must have a water pokemon in my team

- I must catch evey wild pokemon from each species in the route/place I pass

- I must use Crobat or Swoobat in my team, they're my signature

- I must level up my team 4/5 level higher than the next gym leader's pokemon before facing them

- I must battle all trainers in the region and talk to all charactets in the game even if it means in my jpn version game where I don't get the language.

- That's all so far.

Shneak
12th August 2012, 2:01 AM
I have to colour coordinate Pokeballs to the Pokemon.

Also, whenever I battle a Breeder (or another trainer that has a team equivalent to the number of Pokemon on my team), I have to have each Pokemon fight another at least once.

Matoro
12th August 2012, 8:12 PM
I am incredibly picky about PC organization.
I always nickname my team members.
When I nickname my dex fillers I give them a label based on their dex number, name, and order caught like 646/K/1 or 001/B/2.

Zoruagible
13th August 2012, 12:49 AM
I always save in houses.
Never nickname pokemon.
Keep pokemon that need friendship to evolve in my party for a week before training.

Pingouin7
13th August 2012, 3:52 PM
Uhhhh....

If not....

I SING WEIRD LYRICS TO THE MUSIC?

.-.;
Lol!
I do that too sometimes.
I come up with really random lyrics that really don't make any sense at all.

Plasticman21
14th August 2012, 4:44 AM
-When i save in in the PC, i always stand on the pokeball sign on the floor facing the door
-i save twice just incase (i forgot a lot)
-when i find two pokemon(the parents) that make the pokemon i want with the right IV's and nature and such, i put those two parents in the top right hand corner. I also mark the parents, wit the mother having a heart, and the father with the diamond. The offspring has both the heart and diamond as not to get confused with the immense amount of pokemon while breeding.
-I always keep my pokemon with the HM fly in my second slot so i can press "RIGHT A DOWN A" and be prepared forflight.
-I like to have 99 potions and anything else from the pokemart, usually when i can.
-i DO NOT nickname my pokemon. i find it silly.
-i hatch my pokemon on route 3
-when i breed i have to have 2 open slots for eggs. Ex. in slot 4, i put an egg, slot 5 magma armour pokemon, and slot 6 another egg.
-I have a box for legendaries, and its in dex order
-i have a box for my party pokemon. highest levels and/or pokemon i use the most on the top row. it is also the same box i keep my other battlebox pokemon
-when i breed, i keep one box for that evolutionary line. and the box HAS to be named from the first evolution, example: solosis. the first letter also has to be capitalized and the rest lower cased
-the lag when leaving the pokemon center in nimbasa city, and immediately biking north to the big stadium bothers me.
-i try to save right on the hour. example: 17:00
-in the previous games the pokemon all names in all capitals. and same with the player name. but it looks ridiculous in white because everything is now properly upper and lower cased. so pokemon names in capital really bother me. and my trainer name bothers me too, because that never occured to me and i dont want to restart my game.

TheMaster327
14th August 2012, 11:41 PM
-When i save in in the PC, i always stand on the pokeball sign on the floor facing the door
-i save twice just incase (i forgot a lot)
-when i find two pokemon(the parents) that make the pokemon i want with the right IV's and nature and such, i put those two parents in the top right hand corner. I also mark the parents, wit the mother having a heart, and the father with the diamond. The offspring has both the heart and diamond as not to get confused with the immense amount of pokemon while breeding.
-I always keep my pokemon with the HM fly in my second slot so i can press "RIGHT A DOWN A" and be prepared forflight.
-I like to have 99 potions and anything else from the pokemart, usually when i can.
-i DO NOT nickname my pokemon. i find it silly.
-i hatch my pokemon on route 3
-when i breed i have to have 2 open slots for eggs. Ex. in slot 4, i put an egg, slot 5 magma armour pokemon, and slot 6 another egg.-I have a box for legendaries, and its in dex order
-i have a box for my party pokemon. highest levels and/or pokemon i use the most on the top row. it is also the same box i keep my other battlebox pokemon
-when i breed, i keep one box for that evolutionary line. and the box HAS to be named from the first evolution, example: solosis. the first letter also has to be capitalized and the rest lower cased
-the lag when leaving the pokemon center in nimbasa city, and immediately biking north to the big stadium bothers me.
-i try to save right on the hour. example: 17:00
-in the previous games the pokemon all names in all capitals. and same with the player name. but it looks ridiculous in white because everything is now properly upper and lower cased. so pokemon names in capital really bother me. and my trainer name bothers me too, because that never occured to me and i dont want to restart my game.

Just checking, but Magma Armor/Flame Body only halves egg steps when it's placed in the lead spot of your party. Why would you put it in the 5th spot?

The last point I 100% agree entirely. I even nickname all Pokemon I transfer from past games in BW format, so they are not oddballs when they arrive in Gen 5!

Pingouin7
15th August 2012, 1:40 AM
Something else I do too. I based my idea off the Pokémon TCG.

Since Legendary Pokémon are kinda common, I marked them with the Circle mark.
Then there's the event Pokémon, which aren't completely rare, but uncommon nonetheless, so I mark them with the Diamond.
Then shinies, I mark with the Star mark, since they're pretty rare.

Then there's the other marks which I use much less commonly, such as the Triangle that marks EV'd Pokémon and the heart that marks Pokémon I like.<

Also, @plasticman and TheMaster, I still type my OT in full capital letters, because otherwise it would look out of place on the start menu (what with every option on there being all caps.)
The day they stop capitalizing the start menu options like that is the day I start typing my OT "properly."

Lorde
15th August 2012, 3:50 AM
I tend to save the game a lot, even if I don't do anything major during gameplay. I also try not carry Pokemon that I've recently captured in my party because I'm afraid that they'll gain happiness as I walk around; I always Fly to the nearest Pokemon Center and deposit them in the PC. I also try not to battle with the Pokemon that exist in my PC boxes because I like for all of my stored Pokemon to be untouched, meaning that they don't have experience points or anything like that.

Plasticman21
15th August 2012, 4:10 AM
@TheMaster, i thought it had to be right next to the egg

Mikey1701
15th August 2012, 6:46 AM
- Eggs always go last in my team
- I cannot have two Pokemon sharing types in my team. I fecently discovered this when I had a Hyregion and Tyranitar on call and I just found it wrong.
- When catching Pokemon I hold down B until the ball opens and then spam Up and A together.
- I must have all three starters on hand since Black & White.

Wishing Star
15th August 2012, 6:49 AM
I don't know if I've mentioned this before, but if a Pokémon has Thunder Wave, it must go in the second (upper-right) slot.

verdian
15th August 2012, 8:24 AM
I save my game twice (keep forgetting)
Always have a fire type pokemon in the team

Streetlight
15th August 2012, 8:27 AM
I can't have two Pokemon of the same color on my team. I just can't.

Poetry
15th August 2012, 8:37 AM
- When sending out HM slaves in battle as placeholders they must never get any Experience points.
- Moves must be arranged from least powerful to most powerful from the top-left to the top-right to the bottom-left to the bottom-right. Non offensive moves must go in the top-right.
- When turning on my DS I have to press every button on the console before the title screen appears
- When riding a Bicycle I must not bump into anything
- The volume level must be kept at a constant level at all times
- I always arrange my Pokemon in my PC in Pokedex order, apart from Unown, which have a box to themselves. They must be arranged in alphabetical order.
- When talking to people I sometimes go to the other side of them to talk to them again to balance things out
- All Pokemon must know at least one STAB move otherwise they are unusable
- Items in the bag must be arranged alphabetically (but Max Repels must always be at the top)
- Every single Route, City, Town, Cave and location must be ensured that no item is left behind (whether visible or invisible)
- In the Pokemon Center if I go upstairs then when I go downstairs I have to use the other set of stairs, go up that again and down the first one
- One can never have less than 500000 dollars. If the figure dips then items must be sold to make up the figure IMMEDIATELY
- If a move misses or the opponent uses Protect then the same move can't be used again twice
- All Pokemon must be within three levels of each other. The lowest leveled Pokemon must be at the front of the party to keep numbers level.
That's just a few....

TheMaster327
15th August 2012, 11:15 AM
@plasticman - no, it's definitely has to be in the lead spot of your party... Give that a try and let me know if your eggs hatch quicker.

Draco.
15th August 2012, 6:41 PM
i have done one strange thing latley,

i have only cought pokemons in regular pokeballs,
it all started when i played fire red, i dident have enough money to buy ultra balls, so i just bought alot of pokeballs,
( i know, the prises on pokeballs and ultra balls isnt that mouch )

and i cought moltres in my first pokeball i used, and i did not even hurt it :)

+ the pokeball feel more OG x)

and then i always save 2 times, cuz on my fire red my save file sometimes didnt save, so i just want to make sure it saves :)

primavista
16th August 2012, 1:22 AM
Well, thankfully Gen 5 has managed to unburden me here, but in every previous game, I'm extremely meticulous in organizing my bag.
I have an exact order for every single item, medicine and Pokéball; if I get a 'new' item, I can't do anything else until it's in its right place!

My other main thing is the order of moves on a Pokémon.
From top to bottom (in the summary window), I have to have the move names going shortest to longest.
However, if the Pokémon has at least two direct attacking moves, these have to bookend the list; the shortest-named DA move going first, the longest last. Any non-DA moves fill in the gaps.
If there's only one DA move, this will go last or first depending on how long its name is in relation to the other three moves.
And, if the Pokémon has only has status-et-al moves (like my Whimsicott, for instance), they simply go in length-order. Unless there's something like Counter or Bide; they get to count as DA moves this time.

It doesn't seem too bad, but it's horrific when a Pokémon learns a new move during a battle and it's in the wrong place!
Actually, remember Gens I-III where you could reorganise the move-set mid-battle using Select? Them were the good days!

The_UnAmerican_Idol
17th August 2012, 12:06 AM
-I keep my PC boxes organized by type
-I cant have my Pokemon at the same level as others
-I cant stand nicknaming my Pokemon
-Even if my Pokemon have only lost 1HP after a battle, I heal it
-My Pokemon must be within 4 levels of eachother
-I need to have a member of the Eevee family with me at all times
-I need to buy an even number of things at the store (ex:20 potions, not 21)

I have more but cant think of them off the top of my head...

Nimpe88
17th August 2012, 1:24 AM
I always arrange my party from levels from the lowest to the highest. In theory that makes it so my Pokemon are always at balanced levels but it never works.

Mienfoomaster
17th August 2012, 2:15 AM
I arrange my team lowest to highest I always try to give the exp share to my weekest I always have a fly and surf Pokemon I don't use him slaves, I try to catch legendariea in pokeballs, that's it for now

soundxfury
17th August 2012, 3:31 AM
Every time I catch a legendary (or shiny) I always save the game 3 times to be sure it's really saved lol

Draco.
17th August 2012, 1:54 PM
- i ALWAYS try to catch everything with a pokeball.
i cant have them in other pokemon balls.
my whole team needs to be in the sam type of ball
and if they dont im not using them :7 haha

Draco.
17th August 2012, 1:56 PM
oh yes and if i catch a legendary pokemon that is ''UBER'' i dont lvl them up, they stay on the same lvl i cought them in :3

Dragalge
17th August 2012, 2:06 PM
I always need a Bug in my team all the time thats really it:/

pokemon trainer mystery
17th August 2012, 3:46 PM
i never realy thought about it before but...
i rarely use nicknames
press a or b all the time when talking or battling
try to use diffrent pokeballs whenever possible
when hatching a egg for a team hatch it in a area that suits it
in black/white i cant use pokemon with capital names unless they can evolve it away (stops me from using my celebi/mew/jirach) the capital letters just look out of place
thats all i have for now i am sure theres more

Agonist
17th August 2012, 4:06 PM
- i ALWAYS try to catch everything with a pokeball.
i cant have them in other pokemon balls.
my whole team needs to be in the sam type of ball
and if they dont im not using them :7 haha

oh yes and if i catch a legendary pokemon that is ''UBER'' i dont lvl them up, they stay on the same lvl i cought them in :3

you don't need to double post bro, just use the edit button.

SmeargleRocks
17th August 2012, 4:17 PM
No matter what I never use ANY master ball on anything because I have grown to hate them
I sometimes only catch pokemon in a dive ball or ill just flee from the battle
Sometimes when facing a shiny I only go with the best type of ball to use on them where they are like when I found my shiny gurdurr in a cave I immediately used a dusk ball

mogan3
17th August 2012, 4:21 PM
i alway save 5 times
i never use a masterball
and theres more prob

soundxfury
17th August 2012, 8:13 PM
I also NEVER use my Master Ball. I've grown to hate that Pokeball so much that 99% of the time I won't accept a trade if the Pokemon being traded to me is in a Master Ball.
Also I only catch legendary Pokemon in regular Pokeballs. The one exception being Tornadus because I got sick of chasing him and used a Quick Ball. Which I now regret because it makes me cringe every time I pass by him while looking through my box.

Pingouin7
17th August 2012, 10:25 PM
I use regular Pokéballs to capture most Pokémon, Ultra Balls for capturing Legendaries and Master Balls to capture roaming legendaries.

Except in HG/SS, where I used Fast Ball for Growlithe, Heavy Ball for Heracross and Friend Ball for Zubat.

Torosiken
18th August 2012, 6:52 PM
I am catching every pokemon in Pokeball.
even Tornadus x'D Idk what I am thinking.

I am a weird one 83

Dagonet
19th August 2012, 6:35 PM
- I can't save without having my character looking at me.
- I almost always pick the fire starters.
- I never use fighting types (unless the starter is a a fire/fighting type)
That's all I can think of for now.

The_UnAmerican_Idol
19th August 2012, 6:36 PM
I am catching every pokemon in Pokeball.
even Tornadus x'D Idk what I am thinking.

I am a weird one 83

I do that too! I just think the Pokeball is original and looks best

D Dog Master Of War
19th August 2012, 6:39 PM
i play the in-game with nature pokemon even if you don't it in the in game

paluchi
20th August 2012, 2:45 AM
Saving about 3 times just to make sure I saved... Oh and looking at all the Pokemon i bred (hatched) with bad natures and not wanting to release them or organize them.

Draco.
20th August 2012, 11:18 AM
im using wi-fi teams as my IG team, cuz i never want to lose any battle xD

- i caught all my pokemons i have w/ regular pokeballs.
- never nicknamed a pokemon
- i like to save before a legendary fight, just to kill it oncen then after i catch it X'D

that last is probably the wierdest xD

Draco.
20th August 2012, 11:23 AM
now i just came up with a super strange thing i do when i hatch pokemons,

i always go to the pokemon league and hacth it there xD
cuz in that way it looks like its from the pokemon league and then its super good XDXDXDXDXD

andresballer03
27th August 2012, 8:09 PM
i catch every legendary in a pokeball. idk if im the only one who does this, but i feel that i cant have any pokemon on my team if it wasnt caught in a pokeball.
also, i only use male pokemon, i think its because i remember reading that males are more offensively iv'd and females are more defensively iv'd. i dont know if thats true or not, but that stuck with me and ive never used a female pokemon.

rovert
27th August 2012, 8:34 PM
i catch every legendary in a pokeball. idk if im the only one who does this, but i feel that i cant have any pokemon on my team if it wasnt caught in a pokeball.
also, i only use male pokemon, i think its because i remember reading that males are more offensively iv'd and females are more defensively iv'd. i dont know if thats true or not, but that stuck with me and ive never used a female pokemon.

I believe the gender thing is true in GSC but not in RSE and forward since IVs were redone.

As far as my OCD traits, I ALWAYS save before every trainer, even the simple team grunts... I also seem to run from a lot of battles and get experience solely from trainers xD

Toxic Nightshade
28th August 2012, 1:40 PM
Whenever i'm breeding pokemon for a shiny, i always have my hatched pokemon i chronological order from when i hatched it. Like if i mix them up, i get so irritated so i have to look through every one of them to see what date i hatched them on and then sort them. yeah, i'm OCD.

Star Champion AJ
28th August 2012, 2:40 PM
Weird things I do:

Having a Dragon type Pokémon in my main team (there are exceptions).
Having a Fire type Pokémon in my main team.
Having a pseudo in my main team (there are exceptions).
Having more Dual-types than Mono-types in my main team.
NOT having a Pokémon that never evolves.
NOT having a Legendary Pokémon in my main team except Arcanine.
The first Pokémon in my team must be the one with the lowest Level, if two Pokémon have the same Level, the one with lower HP is first, if both have the same HP, I'll go with the alphabetic order.
The moves should be sorted that way STAB (the STAB with the higher BP is first), coverage moves (highest to lowest BP) and non-attacking moves.
Save every single item I get, except Evolution Stones and Shards
When facing the E4, the healing items should be Moomoo Milks, Revival Herbs, Sitrus Berries (between battles) and those status healing Berries except Lum Berry.
The last PC Box must have the legendaries, the second to last contains Unown and the other boxes have caught/given/traded Pokémon by Level, then by HP (if same Level), then by name (if same HP).
Shinies go to a different Box (this is irrelevant since I don't have more than 1-2 shinies per game).
Sometimes I save twice, when I don't remember saving before.
And I save OFTEN (when I obtain a TM or a rare item, after every single Trainer Battle, before every single Trainer Battle, when facing Legendaries and so on...)

Colours
28th August 2012, 2:49 PM
I'm one of those who obsessively save the game every time something significant happens. Too many times before have I forgotten and had to go through so many battles just because of one blip.

Swagsire
28th August 2012, 4:45 PM
Dismounts bike everytime he goes into the stupid..terminal..things.

Gotta be respectful Qwaa! ;195;

Ropav
28th August 2012, 7:17 PM
lol I did the same thing.
Also I still do that and I never use repels, escape ropes, rare candies or my max revives.

munchlaxguy
28th August 2012, 11:59 PM
I always have my flyer in my 2nd party slot ALWAYS and my surfer in my 4th its kinda weird also, I save twice sometimes to make sure its saved.

Shneak
29th August 2012, 3:53 AM
I can't have any of my eggs hatch on a Route. It has to be in a city or a landmark.

ZoruaBoo
29th August 2012, 4:03 AM
All my Pokemon are sorted in my PC depending on their type.
I never nickname my Pokemon.
I never release my Pokemon, I always feel too guilty, so I trade them on the GTS.
Never use an item unless I have 2 or more.
Save about 10 times before battling a legendary in case I KO it.
Obsessively check Serebii for upcoming events in case I miss one.

Ausgirl
29th August 2012, 4:05 AM
Well right now I'm playing the games in order, as a pre excitment thing befor the release of Black 2. So far I've completed Sapphire & Emerald. I'm just about to finish what I can for the pokedex in the later. Next up is Platinum, HG and if I can squeeze in the time Black. The whole things gonna be a rush but meh, level grinding is easy in gen 4 and gen 5.

Wolfgirl44
29th August 2012, 7:47 AM
I keep my Staraptor in my first party slot while I'm hatching eggs, because it makes me feel like the baby pokemon have a bird mommy incubating their eggs.
It sounds less cheesy in my head.

~EternalDarkness~
29th August 2012, 7:49 AM
I only nickname starters and shinies.
I used to have the starter 2 levels above the rest of the team while the rest were all the same level (which funny enough has started to appear in the 5th gen games with all important npc trainers).
All pokemon in my pc are organised in order of when they were obtained.
I dislike using up/selling all items (e.g only selling 7 out of 8 nuggets).
I used to save in front of every gym leader and before taking the elite 4 challenge.

TrickyManectric
29th August 2012, 9:04 AM
All of the Pokemon in my party need to be different types.

If I think of a Pokemon as a girl, I will only catch female of that Pokemon, vice versa. For example, if I found a male Delcatty, I wouldn't catch it. I would wait until I found a female Delcatty before catching it.

I try to talk to every possible person in the game, in-case they may give me an item or something.

I try to make all of my Pokemon the same level at the same time (I learned my lesson).

I need at least 10 pokeballs at a time. I get nervous when I drop down to five pokeballs, and I go to the pokemart to restock.

To complete my pokedex, I will run in the grass for hours until I find a certain Pokemon. Once I do, I'll put it right into the PC and never look at it again.

If one of my Pokemon faints, then I'll immediately go to the nearest Pokecenter (yes, even if I'm in a cave or something!)

I am so OCD with Pokemon games, you don't even know @_@ I could easily think of infinity more weird things that I do.

Missile157
29th August 2012, 11:03 AM
Well, I keep thinking that I haven't saved when I'm about to stop playing so I end up saving about 3-5 times in a row.
I also keeping forgetting whether I gave the Pokemon that I'm breeding the correct items, (Everstone or Power items) so I keep having to check them before depositing.
I also plan my ingame teams too much.
Probably many more things that I haven't noticed yet.

Firelucario
29th August 2012, 11:52 AM
Lots of weird stuff I do/did in pokémon games.

FireRed (my first pokémon game)
-I always save in the center of the pokéball mark in the pokémon center or in the bed in my room.
-I always save again if I missed the 'game saved' message.
-I always forgot to bring cut if I went through diglett's cave.
-I pressed the A bottom like crazy when I threw a pokéball.
-I Talk to every guard if I am passing through route 23 (route to pokémon League)
-I thought that the cycling road was glitching out, because you went down without pushing any bottoms.
-I thought I would never be able to get back to Kanto, after you left to one island so I resetted the game and waited months because I didn't want to leave.
-I got lost a lot because I didn't know English back then, and every time that happend I would catch all pokémon I didn't caught, up till that point.

Stupidest thing I've done: On my very first encounter with a legendary pokémon (Moltres) I was thinking that my game encountered a 'virus' pokémon because of the music and my friends back then joked about a virus pokémon that would erase all your data. I ran and saved the game immediately. I regretted that a lot, I even considered to start over again.

Emerald
-I got mad at the game because you couldn't save in the middle of the pokémon sign on the pokécenter floor.
-I never wanted to restart the game because then I would lose all of the secret bases that appeared after mixing records.
-My starter had to be 5 levels higher as my other pokémon.
-I used my itemfinder on every route to obtain every item.
-I spent hours on gathering volcanic ash to get all the flutes.
-I often called random pokémon trainers.
-I checked the tv every day to see an advertisement of the Lilycove rooftop sale.
-I spend way to much attention on decorating my secret base.
-I was arguing with a friend who had the same secret base location, which one of us should move somewhere else.
-I talked to the berry master every day, and had always an interview with Gabby and Ty.
-The reason that Pelliper was a main member of my team was because of Mr. Briney's Peeko. :)

Stupidest thing I've done: Accidentally killing Latias. (Why did I use my master ball on Rayquaza?)

Pearl and Platinum
-I didn't notice the Physical/Special split, didn't know the difference untill then.
-I loved the pokétch, I played arround with it way too much. I always marked my next destination with the map marker.
-I always had to make sure my badges were clean and shiny.
-In spent a lot of time underground, and decorating my secret base.
-On Platinum I resetted at least 50 times trying to catch Giratina with my dusk balls (It had the best fitting animation) before throwing a master ball in my rage.
-I didn't know about the Griseous Orb until quite recently, so I often went back to the Distortion World to look at Giratina's Origin Forme.
-I loved the pokéball seals and went to the seal shop every day, (after I reached Sunyshore City) to buy new/more ones.
-I started to rearrange my boxes, first on type, later on national dex number.
-I lost all my money on Platinum because of that super expensive furniture you need to buy to decorate you're villa in Resort Area.

Stupidest thing I've done: I used a master ball... on a Chansey!

SoulSilver
-I sometimes tried to chase my partner pokémon.
-I gave Kurt (an) apricorn(s) every day to make new pokéball(s).
-I gave all places of interest a place on the map.
-I never went inside a building with big pokémon, because otherwise they would go back to their pokéballs.
-I never used the running shoes touch feature I always used the B bottom.
-I hated the Voltorb switch minigame, I am way too impatient, so I always touched some random cards and hoped I would get lucky.
-Customised the Safari zone a lot, even though I liked secret bases more.
-For some reason I could never win the bug catching contest, One time I caught a caterpie and won, since then I always catch the weakest pokémon.
-I overestimated the Johto Elite four, and trained my pokémon to level 60, after that the Kanto leaders were way to easy, so I wanted to rematch all of them in the Fighting Dojo to have a 'real' battle. Thus, I tried to call every leader every day.
-Every Time I took a picture, I took at least two of them to rearrange my party to make sure everyone stood in their best place.
-I wanted to make a picture with every gym leader.

Stupidest thing I've done: Not saving before Red. (I had to climb Mount Silver all over again :()

White
-I always turn my C-gear off, that flasing light annoys me.
-I never used the Xtransciever, does it even has a function other than the very beginning of the game?
-I used way to many repels and now my pokémon are underleveled.
-I did a pokémon Musical once, and I will never do it again.
-I hated to be too late for an ice cream in Castelia City. :@
-Because I never turned my C-gear on, I spent a lot of time trying to figure out how to get to the extralink.
-I hatched my eggs always in the Gear Station, you need two weights on the B and down/up bottom and you're ready to go!
-Because of the TM's not dissapearing after use, I really wanted to collect all of them.

Stupidest thing I've done: The first time, I defeated the Elite four with only five pokémon, thinking I otherwise wouldn't be able to use Zekrom against N (Someone spoiled that to me) But there were pc's! and they gave you even the option to change pokémon after catching Zekrom!

Firelucario
Sorry if there are some typos or grammatical errors

Latiken
29th August 2012, 10:18 PM
I don't use Rare Candy.

LeafLord
29th August 2012, 10:26 PM
-Never put my starter Pokemon in the Box!
-HAVE to have at least 50 pokeballs exactly. I use 1, I go buy 1.
-I go crazy if I own a fire type in my CURRENT TEAM
-Too in-over-my-head with talking to every person in a town before I take a foot out.
-Act as an over-protective Dad to my pokemon. (Healing w/ Max potion at 159/165 Health)

Flandre
30th August 2012, 3:06 PM
I will ONLY use Pokeballs to catch ANY Pokemon that I'm planning to use, even just as HM slaves etc. I hate the designs of all of the others. The only exception is with Pokedex fillers where I'll just buy 50 or so Fast/Quick Balls.
I also always save off of the path for some reason, like next to a sign or bench. Subconsciously, I might be in the way in the middle of a path? Haha.

HelloItsSaffron
31st August 2012, 5:43 PM
I only use Ultra Balls
I never use potions- only hyper
I never use berries
I never fly
Each Pokemon type has its own box, if a pokemon is more than one type I then judge it on its moves :L
I always save before facing a legendary of some sort, if it takes more than one pokemon to capture it I will restart
I never train my pokemon properly :L it's very rare that I have a pokemon in my party from the beginning of the game (other than starter obviously)
I have to name everyone of my pokemon, some games have themes to their names XD

Looker
31st August 2012, 10:22 PM
All of my Pokemon have to have nicknames.
I keep a box or two seperate for my team, favourites and shiny Pokemon I plan on training.
I usually train more than just the usual team of 6, my teams can be anything between 9 and 20 Pokemon. I could never choose just 6 and still have trouble with that, ahaha. One file has 30+ Pokemon I use!
Most times, I won't use a Legendary. I'll just leave it in a box somewhere. I've only ever trained a couple of them.
I save before all major events, such as Gym Leader battles, Legendary Pokemon battles and occasionally during the League.
When I buy items, it has to be a rounded off number either ending in a 0 or a 5.
I have to be carrying all kinds of Pokeballs on me at all times. You never know what will pop up, and I wouldn't wanna miss my chance.
I tend to always button mash after throwing a Pokeball, a habit drilled into me since my R/B/G days as a kid.
When I catch shiny Pokemon, I tend to use a ball that matches the colour of said shiny. Blue shiny Ditto in a Great Ball for example.
I saw someone mention they also make up song lyrics to go with the tunes as they play, I'm glad to know I'm know the only one crazy enough to be doing that ahaha! They sort of just come out your mouth when you're bored huh.

I'm sure there's many more I could think of but my list is long enough already.

LV 17 Magikarp
1st September 2012, 6:43 PM
I only catch male pokemon.
Unless I need a female for breeding. Then I release her.

Iwz8472
1st September 2012, 6:58 PM
I must have an absurd amount of items. If i fall below 200 full restores i must go buy more. I recently just saved with 70something full heals and as soon as i turn my DS back on, first thing im doing is buying enough to get into the triple digits.

Seles
2nd September 2012, 2:28 PM
I never release Pokemon......................ever.

Pyrii
2nd September 2012, 2:34 PM
I never release Pokemon......................ever.
I'm a hoarder too. I'm being finnicky about catching or evolving one of each pokemon atm to fill my pokedex. And I hate using anythign other than normal Pokeballs. It feels like cheating otherwise and is a permanent label that I needed to use something else.

I also have to talk to every NPC, I'm a completionist, I have to visit every spot in every level and find every secret :3

ManhattanTheStarr
2nd September 2012, 3:04 PM
Oh, I have quite a few:

- I have to capture Pokemon in certain Poke Balls
- All Pokemon (except legendaries) must be nicknamed
- I must have 3 males and 3 females in a team
- All Pokemon in my team must be at the same level
- My bag must be in order at all times
- My team must be at least 3 levels ahead of each Gym Leader's strongest Pokemon
- Each teammate needs to have a different nature (I also prefer if their characteristics are all different as well, but it doesn't bother me too much if they aren't)
- There needs to be at least 2 dual types in my team
- All Pokemon on each route must be captured... or it'll leave me feeling incomplete
- PC Box must be ordered by types. Though I don't usually get to doing so until I've captured a lot of Pokemon
- Always have to save in the center of the Poke Ball at the Pokemon Centers
- If a Pokemon is one that evolves early, I usually wait it out a bit before letting it move on to its next form, as I like to cherish my time with each of their stages... cheesy, I know.

I'll probably add more once they come to mind. :P

Pokeparadox
2nd September 2012, 4:27 PM
Sometimes I pretend there is a bit of a story and some trainers are mind controlled by someone or something.
Also, once I spent hours training a patrat to level 100 for fun. A level 20 could probs beat it though I beat one of my friends Persian level 100 with it!
all my level 100 pokemon must be in the box together when not in my party!
Whenever I go to face an Interactive pokemon or a gym leader/elite 4/ champion I must save incase I lose, so i just turn off and back on! LOL!
-Last one, Sometimes I forget that I saved so I end up saving at least 3 times

Shiny Venusaur
3rd September 2012, 7:08 AM
I always make sure I have at least 100 Premier Ball once I have the money to do so. That's really all I can think of at the moment.

Penguinist Trainer
4th September 2012, 1:41 AM
I specifically raise a different team for each gym leader and I won't challenge a gym leader unless all my pokemon types are supereffective and their level exceeds the gym itself.

Sigilyph2
4th September 2012, 1:55 AM
I have a couple things I do.
• I always organize my boxes
○ I only nickname Pokemon in my lineup
• I don't care about legendary natures
○ I always hatch eggs in the same place
• I bike around all of Unova twice when something is the daycare

ShinyMienshao
4th September 2012, 8:50 PM
-I sort my Pokemon by type in the pc
-Making sure nicknames are grammatically correct
-Sort my Pokemon's moves by type
-Save at every major point

SamtheUlfr
4th September 2012, 10:27 PM
-I nickname every pokemon I catch. If I traded for it and it doesn't have a nickname, it bugs me.
-I don't like having a mono-gendered team. I need at least two members that are a different gender than the rest.
-If I have one evolution stone, it won't be used until another is obtained out of some ill-bred fear of supposedly using the one and only.
-If I obtain a pokemon that I'm actually going to be using a lot, I must actually put thought into the name. This means looking up mythological beings and/or looking through name websites. Sometimes this takes a while.

Mokepon22
9th September 2012, 5:57 AM
- If I'm trading on the GTS the person HAS to have a location...I wanna get as much people as I can in the Unity Tower

- I have to capture Pokemon in certain Poke Balls

- Always have to save in the center of the Poke Ball at the Pokemon Centers

- I keep a box seperate for my teams, legendaries

- Button mash after throwing a pokeball

- Hatching eggs in places the Pokémon is most likely to be found in the wild

trainer0191
10th September 2012, 8:37 AM
Strange things I do:

- I try to evolve my starter before the first gym/ trainer battle (rival battles in the beginning don't count). If I can't do that then my starter is always at least Lv 13.
- If one of my main team members has a nickname - then all of my pokémon team members have to have names.
- If i nickname my pokémon, I always name them after mythological beings - with the name depending on the gender and type of the pokemon.
- I save obsessively, even if I have done basically nothing in the last 10 minutes and even if I'm going to trade.
- I always name my rival after my favourite Final Fantasy characters.
- The pokémon of my main team have to be at the same level before any major event.
- I am obsessed with over-levelling my pokémon so that they always have an advantage over the gym leaders/ elite 4/ rival(s).
- I never use healing items unless my pokémon are dying. Even then, if there is a pokémon center/ healing house nearby, it will be abused. I almost never use any
items I obtain, unless a particular pokemon on my main team or a potential team member needs a stone to evolve.
- I only use the master ball on pokémon that flee.
- I only hatch eggs on Route 3.
- I always catch every legendary in the game, not including event only legends.
- My legendaries always end up being caught in dusk balls.
- I always try to get every item (hidden or otherwise) in every dungeon that I visit.
- My pokémon in my PC box are always arrenged by their use. Ex. "Potential team members", "Legends", "Tradable baby pokémon", "Usless", "Team Members", etc.

empoleon49
10th September 2012, 10:03 AM
-Sort out my PC and put all my legendarys in one box
-Try to always have at least one left before using an item
-Try to avoid nicknaming Pokemon
-Save before a big battle or event
-Save multiple times after a big event
That's about it....

Plus side down side
10th September 2012, 10:27 PM
-Hatch my eggs in my hometown.
-Talk to everyone in any town I visit
-Catch 1 Pokemon in something other than an Ultra, Great, or Pokeball
-Nickname every Pokemon
-Have a box specifically reserved for my favorites

Cutty
11th September 2012, 7:26 AM
- Make sure I have enough pokeball of all kinds as I progress the game.
- Make sure I have enough money.
- Make I don't faint my team. I usually go back to the nearest PC (even if it is far away) to heal them if their hp's are low for the next battles. I don't really like using potions unless I really have to.
- Make sure I don't miss any trainers to battle or characters to talk to.

Wishing Star
11th September 2012, 7:29 AM
I'm not sure if I've said this before, but I always leave at least one of every item in the bag so that I don't have to rearrange the order of the items if I get another copy. I just hate it when I use my last Revive, and the Revive entry disappears from my list, only to reappear again at the very bottom after buying another one, and having to put it all the way back where it belongs. That's why I always make sure to buy extras of everything. (:

PopPrincess_Lyra
11th September 2012, 8:40 AM
~ALWAYS have 5 Meowths all knows Pickup and one use Pay Day and the PKMN 'm training has Lucky egg... money + training.
~My PKMN ALWAYS have berries/leftovers on battles.
~HAVE a lot of potions/revives/full heals.
~I always MM on the stairs of Skyarrow Bridge XD
~Reset the date...JUST to battle Bianky :3
~My boxes all sorted by diff OTs.

nya~

Omnite
11th September 2012, 3:48 PM
I never nickname, and i only catch pokémon in pokéballs

gruntykins
12th September 2012, 7:28 PM
Back when I used to play, pretty sure it was RBY and GSC, I would "sit" in the chair by the table in Pokemon centers when I saved.
I still to this day tab A furiously while catching Pokemon, knowing full well it does nothing.

Dumekkra
13th September 2012, 5:31 PM
1) Boxes are ordered by level and type. Individual box for Shinies, Legendaries, and Breeders.
2) I DO NOT use my bike.
3) Catch Shinies in Primier Balls.
4) Nickname my Water Starter Janken. (Always go with Water Starter)

I think that's it....

Covert Cactus
17th September 2012, 2:32 AM
1. I always keep my starter around.
2. Never use nicknames.
3. Always keep my starter higher level then the rest of my party. The only time I have not done this was with typhlosion on SS because he was worthless. He did not become a typhlosion until I got to the last johto gym lol.

Ferrin
18th September 2012, 9:50 PM
i don't throw regular pokéballs at pokémon.itry something with light patterns that have different designs. net balls,premier balls,dusk balls,etcetera

Giblie
19th September 2012, 12:08 AM
I always nickname my team members.
I try not to use a lot of my money.
I only use my bike for when I'm hatching.
I try to keep my team around the same level.

Hudsonn98
19th September 2012, 10:00 AM
I remembered one! During the playthrough no two types can match on my team and I only allow myself one maybe two slow Pokemon.

SoulSilverMstr411
19th September 2012, 10:24 AM
I never have more than two female Pokemon in the same party.

master_timmzy
20th September 2012, 4:53 AM
most ocd thing i do is arrange my box's in perfect order so there's no holes from moving i also background all random box;s the same and name them random and put legendary pokemon in one box with a different background and same with my shinys :P

pokenutter
20th September 2012, 5:07 AM
Oh, boy, where to start...

1. Any Pokémon that I form any kind of bond with gets a nickname. All Dittos are called Breedslave. All male Totodiles/Croconaws/Feraligatrs are Jackson, all females are Jackie.
2. Never choose Squirtle, Chikorita, or Piplup (nothing personal, fans of Squirtle, Chikorita, or Piplup.)
3. All nicknamed Pokémon must be within 5 levels of each other.
4. No Pokémon may be caotured and boxed forever until the party is filled. Members on rotation are allowed, but the first six Pokémon must be regularly used.
5. When capturing a Pokémon, I hold down B until the second wobble, and sometimes sync my breath to the beat of the music.
6. When fighting a Gym Leader on a DS-based game, not doing Light Yagami-esque gestures when KO'ing my opponents' Pokémon is inexcuseable.
7. In Mystery Dungeon, I must play as a starter, with Rule #2 in effect. Cubone is the sole exception.
8. In Mystery Dungeon, I am Thomas or Tom. My partner is Other Tom. The team name includes the PEBKAC acronym in some manner or form.
9. In Mystery Dungeon, either my partner or I must be a Totodile. If Totodile is unavailable, then Charmander may be substituted.
10. In the TCG game for GBC, I must start with Charmander & Friends.
11. I must never play Ranger on my own DS.
12. No matter the game, I am to buy as any Premier Balls as possible until I can buy Ultra Balls. My first catch should be attempted using only Premier Balls until I run out, or make the catch. This rule is ignored for Nuzlocke Runs.
13. During a Nuzlocke Run, I must roll a die to determine my starter. Assuming that Rule #2 would not be broken, I must accept the result.
14. Legendaries never get nicknames.
15. I must enact short-term self-imposed challenges postgame. Otherwise, I lose interest.

I think that's all.

Thunderstrike18
20th September 2012, 10:25 PM
I use my bike whenever I can.And if I can't I run.I never walk in the game.

36squid
21st September 2012, 1:11 AM
I always like to ride or walk in the exact middle of a pathway :S

Patri25
21st September 2012, 2:24 PM
I always use my bike and hatch the eggs on route 3

Birds of Paradise
21st September 2012, 10:12 PM
-sort my pc boxes by type, have one box for "team" pokemon and another box for legendary pokemon
-for the different "types" boxes I'll pick a background that matches that type (box for flying type pokemon will have the sky background)
-match the pokeball colors to the pokemon I catch
-nickname only my team pokemon with only japanese names
-always have a fire, flying, electric, water type in my team
-all team members must be within one level of each other (when one pokemon levels up I switch the lowest level pokemon in my party to the front until it levels up)

Young Xehanort
21st September 2012, 11:06 PM
Not play it.
That's weird, no?
I need to start playing again....

S/D/J
21st September 2012, 11:27 PM
I always have to have a Water, Fire and Grass type on my main team.
I plan my team before a playthrough, and only ever use the six Pokemon I want to keep in battle.
I keep my playthrough team postgame.

Fabulous Ampharos
22nd September 2012, 7:24 AM
I just run around and do nothing....also, I plan my team somewhat before i start...

Martinzqx
22nd September 2012, 4:25 PM
-I Always arrange items by type (stones with stones, healing items with healing items, held items with held items, etc.)
-My party pokemon HAVE to be at the same level
-I go into DEEP thought for planning my pokemon before I do a run through of a game.
-This includes breeding to get specific moves.
-I only plan for four different pokemon if I am transferring to another game to start an adventure so I can get an HMslave and flyer.
-Never really buy any items for healing and such until JUST before the E4. That way I haz many money's.
-Pokemon centers > potions.

Scratch
29th September 2012, 3:09 AM
This might be odd but I absolutely have to have a male pokemon. The female sign really really irritates me. Unless it's a female only pokemon like Chansey or Miltank.
I could be hatching eggs for days for ivs, natures, the sorts and get the absolute most perfect couldn't be better pokemon!... except it's female soooo gotta try again

Toyosatomimi no Miko
29th September 2012, 5:24 AM
I always hatch eggs on Skyarrow Bridge.
If I'm not using Fly, I'm on my bike.
I number and label every single box in the PC.
I don't use items unless I have at least two of them (with the exception of Master Balls).

orochi
29th September 2012, 6:17 PM
I go around talking to everybody saying " do you have something for me? " or " Gimme Gimme.' I also go on the Skyarrow Bridge just to hear the *whooooosh* once you almost reach....the big city. ( i forgot what its called and I'm too lazy to look XD)

TheWaywardDelibird
30th September 2012, 5:00 PM
I don't have doubles of one type in my team. I have a Samurott, so I won't put any other water-types. I feel that doubles of one type can give you a dis-advantage but that's just me.

Zenotwapal
30th September 2012, 5:14 PM
I always save in Pokemon Centers

why

ChiefLucarioOfficer
30th September 2012, 7:16 PM
Since I've been playing Fire Red, I have always saved in the middle spot of the Pokéball on the floor on every game I have. It's a weird habit, but funny.

I like to nickname the PC Boxes and Pokémon that I like that really want a nickname.

I also like to collect female Pokémon. :p

Mr. Ribbles
30th September 2012, 7:20 PM
I usualy have the typical habit of saving like 4 times in a row to make sure i saved. ;;

SmeargleRocks
1st October 2012, 1:41 PM
I organize my shinies, keldeo, meloetta, genesect, and mew in my game so I can find who I'm looking for