PDA

View Full Version : Pokemon Parodies

Jazz14456_Plebeian
16th July 2012, 6:18 PM
This is a collection of pokemon lyrics, much like Pokedex One-Shots in that it has small, not really related pieces of writing instead of a continuous story. They will are non-comical parodies (although I may try a funny one, I usually suck at writing comedy), based off a song, either chosen by me or my readers.
So far, all of the parodies are G to PG-13, and generally you can guess where in that range it is by the tone of the song.

Table of Contents, with the newer songs at the bottom:

Parody name---------------Song name----------------------------Artist----------------Featured Pokemon-Link
Claydol----------------------Dreidel----------------------------------Unknown----------Claydol----------------Link (http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?578495-Pokemon-Parodies)
Short Lived-----------------Viva la Vida----------------------------Coldplay------------Bronzong-------------Link (http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?578495-Pokemon Parodies&p=14846410#post14846410)
Listen Well------------------Fur Elise-------------------------------Beethoven---------Chatot----------------Link (http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?578495-Pokemon-Parodies&p=14853869#post14853869)
Time to Pass----------------Wake me when September Ends--Green Day---------Mew-------------------Link (http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?578495-Pokemon-Parodies&p=14855230#post14855230)
The Powerful Ho-oh-------The Rainbow Connection------------Kermit the Frog----Ho-oh----------------Link (http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?578495-Pokemon-Parodies&p=14855647#post14855647)
Angry------------------------Choices--------------------------------The Hoosiers-------Lapras----------------Link (http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?578495-Pokemon-Parodies&p=14914340#post14914340)
The Dog Who Is Staying--The Man Who Will Not Be Moved---The Script----------Herdier---------------Link (http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?578495-Pokemon-Parodies&p=14923280#post14923280)

PM List:
Krazy95
Jazz Hands

Krazy95; Jazz14456_Whenwilltheychangeitback; Jazz Hands;

VM/PM/Say here if you want to be on the PM list. If you join the PM List, you get a PM every time I make a new parody, plus the added bonus of receiving my rough idea of what songs I'm going to parody next, and any rough concepts. Please let me know if you are on here and you have a name change, so that I can update accordingly.

---

"Claydol" is a parody of "Dreidel", the Jewish folk tune about the game played around Hannukah consisting of a spinning a special top called a dreidel.

"Claydol"

This is my friend called Claydol
I trained it with my all.
From a baby Baltoy
It started so very small!

Claydol, Claydol, Claydol,
I trained you from my heart,
You are so strong and smart.

Mud and clay and some strange light,
I have to thank for you.
No foe can overwhelm you,
With Psybeam's strength and hue.

Claydol, Claydol, Claydol
You move by levitation,
Oh Claydol, Claydol, Claydol,
You have taught me Thracian.

Claydol you can do anything,
I love your Rapid Spin,
The strongest of all of them,
United, we will always win.

Oh Claydol, Claydol, Claydol
I adore your Dig,
Oh Claydol, Claydol, Claydol
Our haters make a renege.

If you see anything that could be improved, like grammar or anywhere that it isn't matching up to "Dreidel", please let me know!

TeamRocketGrunt
16th July 2012, 6:21 PM
That's a nice song. :)
No improvement needed

はるひ
16th July 2012, 6:23 PM
i thought this was pretty funny and it fits the tune of the song perfectly. (though baltoy looks more like a dreidel and claydol but I see why you chose that one)

Jazz14456_Plebeian
16th July 2012, 6:24 PM
That's a nice song. :)
No improvement needed

Thanks... maybe I should try pokemon parodies more often.

The spacing was of, so edited that.

EDIT:

i thought this was pretty funny and it fits the tune of the song perfectly. (though baltoy looks more like a dreidel and claydol but I see why you chose that one)
Thanks! I was a little unsure if stuff like the "s" in "let's" counted as a syllable or not.
Yeah, it does, but the Claydol sounds a lot more like Baltoy or not.
I'm assuming GF had Claydol sound like driedel on purpose (Clay was for it being made out of clay, dol for it being a doll that the ancient people used (according to the pokedex entries) and the dol also making it sound like driedel, because it was a top).

TeamRocketGrunt
16th July 2012, 6:26 PM

Yeah because Claydol rhymes bettee

HetaOni
16th July 2012, 6:27 PM
I always think of Claydol whenever I think of the Dreidel.
Nice work!

Jazz14456_Plebeian
16th July 2012, 6:34 PM
I always think of Claydol whenever I think of the Dreidel.
Nice work!

Thank you! The funny thing is I tried making a fic a while ago, and it took me hours and hours. It got negative feedback (justly so, it was a poorly planned, rushed piece of junk).
This took me fifteen minutes.

Psychic
16th July 2012, 8:43 PM
It is very weird to see this song outside of Channukah. :P

Unfortunately, without the rhyming that's in the original song, I find your version falls a little flat. The syllables match up fine, but the second and fourth lines should really rhyme in some way, or else is just sounds weird. This especially applies for the Rapid Spin stanzas, since the original song has rhyming "win" and "in" which already rhymes with "spin." I think it would be pretty easy and add a lot to just rhyme it.

Also, I wish you had included more details like the Rapid Spin one instead of repeating the same stuff about training from the heart. I would have liked to see some references to its Pokedex information or other attacks or about how it floats, just anything.

Anyhow, there is definitely room for improvement. I liked the overall use of Claydol's name in the song and such, but it wasn't especially clever. It definitely got the original song stuck in my head for a good ten minutes, though. :P

~Psychic

Jazz14456_Plebeian
16th July 2012, 9:02 PM
It is very weird to see this song outside of Channukah. :P

Unfortunately, without the rhyming that's in the original song, I find your version falls a little flat. The syllables match up fine, but the second and fourth lines should really rhyme in some way, or else is just sounds weird. This especially applies for the Rapid Spin stanzas, since the original song has rhyming "win" and "in" which already rhymes with "spin." I think it would be pretty easy and add a lot to just rhyme it.

Also, I wish you had included more details like the Rapid Spin one instead of repeating the same stuff about training from the heart. I would have liked to see some references to its Pokedex information or other attacks or about how it floats, just anything.

Anyhow, there is definitely room for improvement. I liked the overall use of Claydol's name in the song and such, but it wasn't especially clever. It definitely got the original song stuck in my head for a good ten minutes, though. :P

~Psychic

Whats Channuakah? The season of Christmas + Hannukah?
It was a song that I learned, because I was playing the cello a few days ago. I wanted to sit down and do this for a week or so.

Rewrite with rhyming (didn't even notice it in "Dreidel").
Thanks, stuff like that is what really helps.

I thought about writing it from Claydol's POV and somehow making the realization that the trainer abandoned Claydol or something, but I didn't really know how to do that in such a short thing.
That will work... I just should have the chorus not actually be a chorus but a verse on its own.

I found myself humming that throughout the day after I had finished this. :P

Psychic
16th July 2012, 9:46 PM
Whats Channuakah? The season of Christmas + Hannukah?
It was a song that I learned, because I was playing the cello a few days ago. I wanted to sit down and do this for a week or so.

Rewrite with rhyming (didn't even notice it in "Dreidel").
Thanks, stuff like that is what really helps.

I thought about writing it from Claydol's POV and somehow making the realization that the trainer abandoned Claydol or something, but I didn't really know how to do that in such a short thing.
That will work... I just should have the chorus not actually be a chorus but a verse on its own.

I found myself humming that throughout the day after I had finished this. :P
It's just one of the many ways to spell the holiday in English, haha. I'm Jewish, so I actually learned that song when I was little and we'd sing it during the holiday season. Hence why I'm pretty surprised to see it on a Pokemon forum in the middle of July. XD

But yeah, if you sing the song out loud it's a lot easier to notice the rhymes. It was likely more noticeable for me since I know the song from my childhood.

The Claydol POV would be an interesting take, but a very dark spin (pun intended) on the song. Although isn't Claydol supposed to be made by some ancient civilization or something? You could try to incorporate them building Claydol "out of clay" and then "with Claydol we shall play" or something, only for the civilization to die out. There's certainly potential in that!

Also, just skip one line between stanzas, not two. :> Anyhow good luck, I'm sure you'll figure out something!

~Psychic

Jazz14456_Plebeian
16th July 2012, 10:03 PM
Updated with Psychic's advise.

It's just one of the many ways to spell the holiday in English, haha. I'm Jewish, so I actually learned that song when I was little and we'd sing it during the holiday season. Hence why I'm pretty surprised to see it on a Pokemon forum in the middle of July. XD

But yeah, if you sing the song out loud it's a lot easier to notice the rhymes. It was likely more noticeable for me since I know the song from my childhood.

The Claydol POV would be an interesting take, but a very dark spin (pun intended) on the song. Although isn't Claydol supposed to be made by some ancient civilization or something? You could try to incorporate them building Claydol "out of clay" and then "with Claydol we shall play" or something, only for the civilization to die out. There's certainly potential in that!

Also, just skip one line between stanzas, not two. :> Anyhow good luck, I'm sure you'll figure out something!

~Psychic

I bug my dad with singing/playing as many winter songs as possible during June and July.

I never actually knew the lyrics except for the chorus until right now.

Yeah, according to all of the various Pokedex entries, it was a clay/mud doll/top made by ancient civilizations that was brought to life by a "mysterious light".

A dark take on a light, happy song.

Thanks!

Jonah the Slaking
17th July 2012, 6:28 PM
Make this a series! It can be like Pokedex One Shots, but with music!

*Ahem* Anyway, nice job. Like Psychic said, some of the rhymes were off, but it was good as a whole.

Jazz14456_Plebeian
17th July 2012, 7:28 PM
Make this a series! It can be like Pokedex One Shots, but with music!

*Ahem* Anyway, nice job. Like Psychic said, some of the rhymes were off, but it was good as a whole.

I only see one... Which I will go fix. Where are the rest?

Psychic was talking about It from before, when I hadnt put any rhymes in.

Jazz14456_Plebeian
18th July 2012, 8:48 PM
Here is my parody of "Viva la Vida" (yes, "Dreidel" to "Viva la Vida".... lets do "Fur Elise" next? :P) by Coldplay. It happens to be one of my favorites. Without further ado, I present to you "Short Lived".

Short-Lived

I always wore a warm smile.
Our pact could stand every trial.
And then you turned on me forever.
You left me, a Bronzong error.

I used to feel my steel,
Know the outcome of my master's battle.
Listen as the crowd went wild,
"Marcus, slay the skylos, slay the dumb child!"

One moment I was your prize,
Next I was the object of lies,
And I realized you were loathsome, vile.
How could you live with what you've become?

I hear Samecuts are calling,
Michina revolts for your falling.
Be my Bronzor, my fall and faith,
My warriors of the deadly wraith.

You had doomed us to battle.
Once you left there was never,
Never a true smile.
And that was when I fathomed you.

We flew down the hill to blooden fields,
To kill the corrupt and bring pain.
Tragedy struck, death and the sound of sobs.
People couldn't believe what I had arranged.

Retributionists wait
For my steel on a wooden stake.
Just your murderer with a lonely life.
Oh, who would ever want to see you?

Be my Bronzor, my yield and faith,

When I glimpse at the lush, green land
I know Arceus will understand.
Never a true smile.
And that was when I fathomed you.

Be my Bronzor, my yield and faith,

When I glimpse at the lush, green land
I know Arceus will understand.
Never a true smile.
And now I can understand even you.

A/N:Are words like let's counted as one syllables or two?

Tell me if you want to be on the PM List.
I'll try to start one today and finish it tomorrow... because after that I'm going to somewhere where I won't have internet for the next week, and I'll be drop-dead tired after it.
As soon as I can after that, I'll put up another one.

はるひ
19th July 2012, 8:43 PM
from the review game :D

Don't know the song but I do feel that the words go well with each other as I was reading this. It wasn't too flowery nor was it too forced, so yeah ,perfect for a song.

Relationships... well I can tell that the Pokemon in the song is somewhat close to their master, I like seeing that because it's mostly from the human perspective we see it in. And for some reason I did one thing. Was he trying to say that Arceus was looking down on him?

In general, this made me want to look up the actual song being parodied, also i makes me want to parody my own songs. This felt alot stronger than Claydol to be honest. It was more... passionate.

EDIT: I'm pondering about the opening, when he said you left me, an error... I didn't quite catch that. Looking at the ending, I think that what is trying to be said was that "yes you left me, but I and god will understand etc etc". Yeah I need help on that. :[

Jazz14456_Plebeian
19th July 2012, 9:34 PM
from the review game :D

Don't know the song but I do feel that the words go well with each other as I was reading this. It wasn't too flowery nor was it too forced, so yeah ,perfect for a song.

Relationships... well I can tell that the Pokemon in the song is somewhat close to their master, I like seeing that because it's mostly from the human perspective we see it in. And for some reason I did one thing. Was he trying to say that Arceus was looking down on him?

In general, this made me want to look up the actual song being parodied, also i makes me want to parody my own songs. This felt alot stronger than Claydol to be honest. It was more... passionate.

EDIT: I'm pondering about the opening, when he said you left me, an error... I didn't quite catch that. Looking at the ending, I think that what is trying to be said was that "yes you left me, but I and god will understand etc etc". Yeah I need help on that. :[

Er... I'm kind of confused about this.
Which one were you reviewing?
Your supposed to have at least four of the categories......
Bronzong is a pokemon, its supposed to be the pokemon that is the main character of "Short Lived".
If you look at Viva la Vida, at the same spot you'll see "I know Saint Peter won't call my name", a reference to the popular Christian viewpoint that Saint Peter reads the names of those who are going to heaven.
Here, its the opposite, referencing that Arceus will understand the reasons behind Bronzongs
murder of Marcus.

TeamRocketGrunt
19th July 2012, 10:46 PM
Can we suggest things? If so, can you do Porygon's Party Rock Anthem? RedFoo <3

Jazz14456_Plebeian
19th July 2012, 11:16 PM
Can we suggest things? If so, can you do Porygon's Party Rock Anthem? RedFoo <3

Sure... They may or may not be implemented, but I will put them on my list usually.
Right now I'm doing Fur Elise (yes, I was serious), though.

Jonah the Slaking
20th July 2012, 1:03 AM
Sure... They may or may not be implemented, but I will put them on my list usually.
Right now I'm doing Fur Elise (yes, I was serious), though.

Nonono! Porygon has to be Poker Face! It HAS to be!

...Then again, the way I'm thinking of it, Poker Face would fit P-Z better.

Jazz14456_Plebeian
20th July 2012, 3:47 AM

Jonah, I have no idea what you said.

I won't be able to get Fur Elise done tonight, as I was visiting my grandma in the hospital.
I'll do 2-4 tommorow (four is stretching it, but it would be insane- and make up for the next week where I'll be gone).
Although I guess I might be able to slide one in on Sunday.
Anyways, however many I do it will depend on if I can sit down and just do it.... And once school starts, I'll probably be doing this around twice a week, definitely not multiple in a day.

Any more song suggestions?

TeamRocketGrunt
20th July 2012, 3:50 AM

Cmon!
Porygon is in the house tonight! And we gonna cause some pain in the eyes!

Krazy95
20th July 2012, 4:05 AM
What about a song about... Uh... I'm not sure of a species - something that has a close bond, so maybe the Lati's? To the tune of Green Day's Wake Me Up When September Ends? Also, a song along the lines of it, so meaningful, emotional, empathic, and yeah. I'll stop now XD

but a song parody for that please! :D

Bulba the Great!
20th July 2012, 10:27 AM
From the Reviews thread, I'm glad I stumbled across this!

Short Lived is the name of the game. As fate would have it, Viva la Vida is one of my all-time favorite songs. Really.

First up, the Writing. Of course, when writing something like song lyrics, it's gonna be more artistic than anything. It was clever that you figured out the mirror/Bronzor parallel. Some word choices were a little weird though (Why is "that was when I fathomed you" your replacement for "when I ruled the world"? Fathomed just seems an odd word choice.)

Second, Relationships. Although this is a one-off song parody, it seemed quite clear to me the relationship between the singer and (Is Marcus his name)? Such a twisted relationship of confusion and mistrust. It was quite fascinating.

The opening verse grabbed me. It spoke of one who was once naive, happy, who was betrayed and became vengeful. It most definitely drew me in.

Your technique of storytelling is truly original and a fantastic departure from the typical story format. It was short, succinct, and not flowery, but the way you set it up, a full story was told.

I really like this idea. Keep it up!

Jazz14456_Plebeian
20th July 2012, 2:50 PM
From the Reviews thread, I'm glad I stumbled across this!

Short Lived is the name of the game. As fate would have it, Viva la Vida is one of my all-time favorite songs. Really.

First up, the Writing. Of course, when writing something like song lyrics, it's gonna be more artistic than anything. It was clever that you figured out the mirror/Bronzor parallel. Some word choices were a little weird though (Why is "that was when I fathomed you" your replacement for "when I ruled the world"? Fathomed just seems an odd word choice.)

Second, Relationships. Although this is a one-off song parody, it seemed quite clear to me the relationship between the singer and (Is Marcus his name)? Such a twisted relationship of confusion and mistrust. It was quite fascinating.

The opening verse grabbed me. It spoke of one who was once naive, happy, who was betrayed and became vengeful. It most definitely drew me in.

Your technique of storytelling is truly original and a fantastic departure from the typical story format. It was short, succinct, and not flowery, but the way you set it up, a full story was told.

I really like this idea. Keep it up!
I'd believe it. Its mine too, and its a pretty darn popular song.

When I said "Samecut", I was referencing that in ancient times stone was cut, so a Bronzong (who is the singer of the story) might call its relatives Samecuts. And then that one of the references of Bronzong are a bell, so its supposed to be Bronzong/Bell too. I'll go look that. I was trying to use "understood", but I couldn't get the syllables to match-up. I'll change it to something about the happy days...

Yes, Marcus is his name. Its Marcus from the Arceus movie, who is the ruler of the town Michina. He had a Bronzong, and thats the Bronzong who sings the story. It also has the added bonus of because "Viva la Vida" is set in ancient Rome (around the time of Christ, so two thousand years ago), but with some Greek references. And Marcus/Michina is ancient Greek town.

Noted.

Thanks! Well, I will have more songs soon, today I'm going to do a glob, all in the same format, so check it out.

Thanks! It was really helpful to get a review of "Short Lived".

What about a song about... Uh... I'm not sure of a species - something that has a close bond, so maybe the Lati's? To the tune of Green Day's Wake Me Up When September Ends? Also, a song along the lines of it, so meaningful, emotional, empathic, and yeah. I'll stop now XD

but a song parody for that please! :D
Noted. I might hold off on that one, as I'm going to try to branch out to different genres, so that there is a song for everyone.

If you want to be on the PM List, tell me! You'll get an easy notification whenever a new song is up, and as a bonus, you'll get my rough plan of what songs are coming next!

Jazz14456_Plebeian
20th July 2012, 4:00 PM
So you wondered how I was going to make a Fur Elise parody when Fur Elise doesn't have any lyrics (in English, and of course the dubbed version doesn't match up syllabically)? Well, some really talented guy http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Bn-yc2Vo9c made lyrics and turned the classic into a motivational love song. I twisted it into a dialogue between a trainer and a Chatot. The italics are the Chatot's part, and note that they usually don't match the copied stanza in syllables. The Chatot is harmonizing with the trainer, and this is a common little game between them. I present to you "Listen Well"

"Listen Well"

If I had any more seconds than this,
Could you understand my distorted speech?
Chat, let me see you once more.

If I had any more moments than this,
Could you see through my cracked speech?
Chat wants some crackers.

Can't you understand my words just this last moment?
There is a longing in my soul,
That forces me to let you know

Can't you understand my words just a little? For
There is a longing in my soul,
That forces me to love you more

If I will die a death for only you,
Would you show me there is something I can do?

But you can't, you cannot, you can't,
For you are my master!

To change your life,
To let them know how great you are?

What do you need,
To stop this death which I can't bear?

If I die a death for only you?

No, you cannot! I am yours, and you are mine...

In the lower drawer, beneath the clothes,
Under the stones, lies my medicine!
Please, Chat.

In the right shelf, over the clothes,
Beneath the stones, lies your medicine!
Where, Hya?

So I will die a death for only you...

NO!!!!

Please don't go Hya please, please stay by my side,
As fate and time work your deadly demise,
Please don't go Hya please, please stay by my side,
There's nowhere for me to go anymore.

Only you be truly strong, only you truly great,
only you are great,
only you,
only you,

Jonah the Slaking
20th July 2012, 4:02 PM
What if you made a sequel to Short Lived, where the Bronzong meets up with his Trainer again, and they get along?

Also, do a Sneasel/Weavile song to Welcome to the Jungle (because it FITS).

About the whole Poker Face thing, I was saying that Porygon-Z would make a better Poker Face parody, due to more variety in the lyrics that the song demands. If you don't know the song, look it up on Youtube and please don't hate me.

Ninja'd by the Fur Elise parody. Nice job on that, and I feel bad for Chatot! :<

Jazz14456_Plebeian
20th July 2012, 4:06 PM
What if you made a sequel to Short Lived, where the Bronzong meets up with his Trainer again, and they get along?

Also, do a Sneasel/Weavile song to Welcome to the Jungle (because it FITS).

About the whole Poker Face thing, I was saying that Porygon-Z would make a better Poker Face parody, due to more variety in the lyrics that the song demands. If you don't know the song, look it up on Youtube and please don't hate me.

Ninja'd by the Fur Elise parody. Nice job on that, and I feel bad for Chatot! :<
Bronzong murdered his trainer. :P I was thinking about doing Violet Hill as a sequel, but the lyrics are too short for me to do much of anything.

Noted.

Er.... double-noted?

Thanks.

Krazy95
20th July 2012, 4:09 PM
Hm, can you add me to the PM list then? And I can think of something else instead.

Jazz14456_Plebeian
20th July 2012, 4:11 PM
Hm, can you add me to the PM list then? And I can think of something else instead.
You can, but don't feel pressured to.
I have songs now :P
I'd appreciate it if you only suggested songs, not ideas :P

And added to PM List.

Krazy95
20th July 2012, 4:13 PM
Okay, what about a parody to the tune of The Hoosiers - Choices?

Or a parody of The Script - The Man Who Can't be Moved?

Jonah the Slaking
20th July 2012, 4:32 PM
Bronzong murdered his trainer. :P I was thinking about doing Violet Hill as a sequel, but the lyrics are too short for me to do much of anything.

So have the Trainer come back as a ghost!

Jazz14456_Plebeian
20th July 2012, 5:04 PM
Okay, what about a parody to the tune of The Hoosiers - Choices?

Or a parody of The Script - The Man Who Can't be Moved?

Noted.
Never heard those before now, and I like them.

Jazz14456_Plebeian
20th July 2012, 10:01 PM
"Time to pass" is my parody of "Wake Me When September Ends" by Green Day. It tells a bittersweet tale of the burdens of eternal life.

"Time to pass"

His life has come and passed.
Just like all the other friends.
Just let me go when its time to end.

Like my friend has gone and passed.
'Thousand years has left so slow.

Here comes the fire again,
Beating on my soul.
Tired in suffering,
Becoming who I am.

As my friends sleep and rest,
I never forget what I've lost,

Its the curse of Mew,
To see my good old friends die.
Just let me go when its time to pass.

Archeops, its been so long.
Your death hurts me.
Why can't I come to see you?
Oh, when will it all end.

As my friends sleep and rest,
I never forget what I've lost,

Like my friend has gone and passed.
Millions of years blur apart.

Jazz14456_Plebeian
20th July 2012, 11:46 PM
Here's my next work, "The Powerful Ho-oh", a parody on "The Rainbow Connection". A much lighter tone then the past few parodies.

"The Powerful Ho-oh"

Why are there so many,
Tales about Ho-oh?
And people who have caught it?
Ho-oh seems real enough,
But some think its fake.
Ho-oh doesn't have mysteries,
So we've been told.
And some choose to believe it.
I know they're wrong, wait and see.
Someday I'll catch it,
The great Ho-oh my friend...
The hunters, the dreamers, and me.

Who said that I can't do it?
That I'm just some small child?
But I know I can catch anything.
Some say I can't catch it.
And some know that I can.
Look what I've done so far.
What's so amazing?
That keeps us sky-gazing?
And what do we think we will see?
Ho-oh shall be my pokemon!
The hunters, the dreamers, and me.

All of us under its wings.
We know that its the greatest pokemon.

Have you heard whispers?
That Ho-oh has left us?
I know its only waiting,
It knows my ambition.
Soon we will be together.
The world is awaiting for it and me!
I've heard my call and I shall not ignore it.
Someday you'll see me,
Riding high above the clouds,
The glorious, great, strong Ho-oh and me.

La la la le la loo
La la la la le la la loo

Jazz14456_Plebeian
2nd August 2012, 9:38 PM
Got back from my vacation, so now I should be able to make more parodies on a regular-semiregular schedule.

This is "Angry", a parody of "Choices" by The Hoosiers, as suggested by Krazy95. The idea was provoked by reading Orson Scott Card's Xenocide, at the part where the humans massacred the forest, killing even the mother tree. I wondered how long non-violence believers like Martin Luther King Jr. and Ghandi believed that it was morally necessary to not respond violently. Would violence against people/pokemon/aliens who have done horrific things to the potential-violence doers be justified under that set of morales?

"Angry"

We were made to,
feel and see the icey cold.
Yet they push us beyond our home, beyond our cool tranquil grounds.
They know our strengths, yet they keep on throwing crap.
They take our young, shoot our sick; how long will it be 'till we snap?

Stop making us angry!
Stop making us angry!

We are victims, of all these poachers.
We've forgotten about peace.
We've forgotten my temper.
Woe could hurt you more, more then you can ever imagine.
We understand that violence, violence isn't the answer.

Stop making us angry!
Stop making us angry!
Stop making us angry!
Stop making us angry!

We can fake it, fake it like it doesn't hurt.
We can make your people die slowly, crimes worse than even your wrongs.
How long is it, before violence is just?
Where is this gray line between our self-defense and assault?

Cant we talk this through
Actions are not what I'm used to
Cant we talk this through
Actions are not what I'm used to

Stop making us angry!
Stop making us angry!
Stop making us angry!
Stop making us angry!
We're warning you!
Stop making us angry!
Stop making us angry!
We don't want to!
Stop making us angry!
Stop making us angry!

Without flippers, we would sink in the ocean.
Maybe you could let us keep them and save our conscience.
Let us keep our morales and all of our hopes.
We don't want to hurt you, heed our warning or see new horrors.

A/N In case you didn't catch it, the singer/s of the song were Lapras singing to the poachers/pirates.
Also, the metaphor at the end was purely figurative. It was saying that if the Lapras ever did violence, it would be against all of their beliefs, and thus they were asking the poachers/pirates to stop before the Lapras would be forced to use their power to hurt the humans.

Jazz14456_Plebeian
5th August 2012, 1:07 AM
What happens when a evil team actually beats the hero?

"The Dog Who is Staying"

Heading back to the old tree where you first caught me,
Gonna sleep there 'till you come back to be with me.
Need you more then ever, after all we've been through and seen.
Where have you gone, are you dead and do you know where I am?

Are you still hiding from them, waiting to return?
I'm a Herdier and I'll wait for you forever.
I can't think of anything better that I can do.
How can I move on when I'm still in need of you?

'Cause if one day you can come and be my destined fating,
And you heart starts to wonder where you could find me waiting,
Thinking maybe you'll come back here to the place you caught me,
And you'll see me waiting for you on the rough trunk of the tree.
So I am stayin', I am stayin'.

In the end they won, we didn't stop strife.
Who would think we could lose this big, lose everything everyone values in life?
Hope faith love joy generosity
Is this really what they have ruthlessly destroyed?

So I am staying, I am staying.
I am stayin', I am stayin'.

People try and comfort me, not understanding me.
I'm just waiting for you to come home, for my life to be right again.

Maybe you'll come back to me, in years and years just maybe.
Maybe you'll wander into this town and see your dog.
And you'll come crying to my tree,
'Cause you know I'm just for you
I'm the dog who is stayin'.
I'm the dog who is stayin'.

Heading back to the old tree where you first caught me,
Gonna sleep there 'till you come back to be with me.

Jazz™
5th August 2012, 9:43 PM
Hey, why don't you put videos of them on YouTube? Just an idea. The parodies are really good!

Jazz14456_Plebeian
5th August 2012, 10:19 PM
Hey, why don't you put videos of them on YouTube? Just an idea. The parodies are really good!

That's an interesting idea....

Do you mean just play the lyrics over the original song?

Or do you mean sing the new lyrics?
That would be fun, but I can't sing very well.

Jazz™
6th August 2012, 8:19 AM
That's an interesting idea....

Do you mean just play the lyrics over the original song?

Or do you mean sing the new lyrics?
That would be fun, but I can't sing very well.

The latter, but you wouldn't have to sing. You could find someone else to sing it and then give them credit?

Jazz14456_Plebeian
6th August 2012, 2:23 PM
The latter, but you wouldn't have to sing. You could find someone else to sing it and then give them credit?

Honestly, I don't know m/any talented singers.... and you wouldn't need just one, you would need at least a dozen, because the songs have drastically different styles.

Maybe at some point in the future I could do this...

I think someday in the rest of summer when I have time, I'll do the first one, though, as that is a good way to get lots of viewers (especially ones who might sing for me!).
Heck, I could even do a cover eventually.

Thank you for these ideas, Hands!

Jazz™
6th August 2012, 4:58 PM
Honestly, I don't know m/any talented singers.... and you wouldn't need just one, you would need at least a dozen, because the songs have drastically different styles.

Maybe at some point in the future I could do this...

I think someday in the rest of summer when I have time, I'll do the first one, though, as that is a good way to get lots of viewers (especially ones who might sing for me!).
Heck, I could even do a cover eventually.

Thank you for these ideas, Hands!

it was my friend who came up with them, but i'l pass the thanks onto him.
And I want to be on the PM list!

Jazz14456_Plebeian
6th August 2012, 9:07 PM
it was my friend who came up with them, but i'l pass the thanks onto him.
And I want to be on the PM list!

Affirmative.