PDA

View Full Version : 5th Gen Shiny Discussion/FAQ Thread

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7

bobandbill
21st July 2012, 5:08 PM
A repost of the shiny thread for a few reasons.

Firstly; the current one already had over 1000 pages so a restart just for that is not a bad idea. Secondly, the previous rule of having to post once per page is currently being relaxed. That means you can post multiple times a page! On that note however, you are not allowed to spam or post meaningless stuff like 'I haven't found any yet' too often; otherwise that rule may well reappear.

Anyways! Post if you have found any shiny Pokemon and discuss them for the BW games (not in other games, please; they have their own threads). Follow these rules for the thread if you don't want to be infracted.

All general Serebiiforums Rules (http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?t=364266) and B/W Rules (http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?t=438326), of course.

You may not go offtopic in this thread at all. This is discussion of and questions about shinies only. This means no talking about your favorite ice cream flavor or which Pokemon is the coolest, or anything like that. This also means none of the ever-annoying "congrats" or "good luck" messages. If you feel the need to say that to someone, do it on their profile.

This is B/W, which means Black and White shinies. Don't post here talking about SRing for Rayquaza or your Red Gyarados in Silver.

No "semi-legit" (aka still hacked but makes people feel better about themselves) or "hacked" shinies. No one can stop you from cheating to get Newmoon Island on your Pearl, but don't share it with us. Don't post here saying you got a fake shiny Reshiram/Zekrom or something.

Want a trade? Use the trade corner sections!

Frequently-Asked Questions about Shinies

Check the main site’s Shiny Mechanics Page (http://www.serebii.net/games/shiny.shtml) first.

1. Q: Shiny Pokemon? What are those?
A: Shiny Pokemon first appeared in the Gold and Silver games for the Gameboy Color. Basically, they are alternately colored Pokemon (for example, shiny Charizard is black instead of orange).

2. Q: Wow! Are shiny Pokemon more powerful?
A: Unfortunately, no. The ONLY difference between shinies and regular Pokemon is the color. They’re pretty much just for bragging rights.

3: Q: How can I find a shiny Pokemon?
A: Every single catchable Pokemon that you find (Eggs, Gifts, Wild, etc) has a 1/8192 chance of being shiny. There are a few ways to find certain Pokémon as shiny quicker, but you still need to rely on luck. They are often called Masuda Method and PokeRadar Chaining (note the latter is for D/P/Pt only).

4: Q: But I’ve seen over 10000 Pokemon in my game and haven’t found a shiny yet! That can’t be right!
A: 1/8192 is a probability. That doesn’t mean that after 8192 Pokemon, you will automatically find a shiny.

A good example of this is when you roll dice. You have a 1/6 chance of getting any particular number when you roll, such as the number 2. That doesn’t mean that you will roll a 2 in six rolls, or that your second roll will be a 2, etc.

The same goes for shiny Pokemon. You may find a shiny on your first try, or within a hundred tries, or maybe not until 10000 tries.

To delve in a bit deeper, picture that whenever you encounter a Pokemon, a random number between 1 and 8,192 is generated. Let’s say that the number 500 is the “shiny number.” If 500 happens to be the random number that’s generated, the Pokemon will be shiny. If the number is anything else, it will be a normal Pokemon. Nice odds, aren’t they?

5: Q: If I breed a shiny Pokemon, will the baby from the Egg be shiny as well?
A: Unlike in G/S/C, where you had a higher chance of hatching shiny offspring when the parents were shiny, this is NOT true for any of the later generation games. In the 4th Generation, almost every Pokemon has the same odds of being shiny. There is the exception to this rule, being the Masuda Method.

6: Q: What is this soft resetting/SRing thing I’ve been hearing about?
A: Soft resetting (SRing) is when you press Start + Select + L + R to reset your DS (just like turning the system off and on, skipping the firmware screen). It’s helpful when trying to find a shiny of a Pokemon you can save in front of, such as your starter at the beginning, legendaries, etc. It's faster than turning the game on and off, and it's less stressful on the system/batteries. Save, see if the Pokemon is shiny, if not SR your game and try again. Just like finding any shiny, this depends completely on luck, but if you’re patient you should eventually get your shiny. Keep in mind that this could take hours or days with luck, and months and months without.

7: Q: What does a shiny _____ look like?
A: The Pokedex on the main site shows sprites of every Pokemon:
http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-bw/

8: Q: How do I know if I have a shiny Pokemon?
A: Besides the change in color, a shiny Pokemon will sparkle when it
comes into battle. There are also a couple changes on its summary page, which you can see on the main site’s shiny page (link above).

9. Q: When will I know if I’ve gotten a shiny starter?
A: When you’re choosing your starter, the game will show you a picture of each Pokemon. This picture will NOT show you whether that Pokemon is shiny or not (unlike in HGSS). You will have to choose it and check its summary, or use it in battle, to find out if it’s shiny or not.

10. Q: Can I save before hatching my Egg, and reset until I have a shiny?
A: No. All of the Egg's values are set once you take it. However, you can save before taking it and have a chance.

11. Q: If my shiny Pokemon evolves, will it stay shiny?
A: Yes. Once shiny, always shiny.
If you have any other questions or think something should be added here, don't hesitate to PM me.

Masuda Method
Essentially, the Masuda Method consists of this:
1. You obtain a Foreign Pokemon [E.g. a German Ditto]
2. You breed your Pokemon with aforementioned foreign Pokemon.
3. The Game checks to see if one pokemon is foreign.
4. Thus, the chances of getting a Shiny Pokemon is roughly fourthed [supposedly 1/2048 instead of 1/8192 in 4th gen games, but in B/W it is 6/8192 (!)]
Masuda's Official Blog. (http://www.gamefreak.co.jp/blog/dir_english/?p=30)

TeamRocketGrunt
21st July 2012, 5:13 PM
Thanks for that, I'm gonna be hunting a foreign ditto. Germany ftw
First I'll go for Deino no I'm not obsessed with Germany

The Eleventh
21st July 2012, 5:15 PM
I'd just like to point out a small error in the OP. Gen IV's Masuda Method rate is 1/1638, not 1/2048.

YNCRN
21st July 2012, 5:53 PM
Thanks for the new thread, bill!

It's good to have the basic info in the first post, so when new users ask FAQ's about shinies we can refer them to the OP.

Much appreciated.

I boxed up another 100 eggs last night - after hatching these 100 I'll be at 700 hatched for my mystery hunt. Hopefully it'll be shiny somewhat soon! I have an odd feeling it'll be earlier than 2,288 eggs (which my Houndour was), but of course now that I've said it I'm sure it'll go longer.

Also, just a reminder for all of us - the "one post a page" rule is relaxed, not eliminated. Just be sure that you're not having a one on one conversation that takes up 18 posts back and forth. Also, be sure to have some sort of substance within the post, either giving a solid update or information on an event that heppened, etc. Make sure to at least include a bit of substance to our posts so we don't have to go back to the one post per page rule.

Good luck hunting, all! And congrats on the shiny Aerodactyl (in the other thread)!!

Edit: Thanks for the reminder, Danger. I meant that since we're not buried thousands of pages in it's easier for people to find the info in the OP.

Dangertrout
21st July 2012, 6:02 PM
Thanks for the new thread, bill!

It's good to have the basic info in the first post, so when new users ask FAQ's about shinies we can refer them to the OP.

Much appreciated.

I boxed up another 100 eggs last night - after hatching these 100 I'll be at 700 hatched for my mystery hunt. Hopefully it'll be shiny somewhat soon! I have an odd feeling it'll be earlier than 2,288 eggs (which my Houndour was), but of course now that I've said it I'm sure it'll go longer.

Also, just a reminder for all of us - the "one post a page" rule is relaxed, not eliminated. Just be sure that you're not having a one on one conversation that takes up 18 posts back and forth. Also, be sure to have some sort of substance within the post, either giving a solid update or information on an event that heppened, etc. Make sure to at least include a bit of substance to our posts so we don't have to go back to the one post per page rule.

Good luck hunting, all! And congrats on the shiny Aerodactyl (in the other thread)!!

You never looked at the OP of the original thread, did you? That FAQ was always there :p

After hatching 331 Rattata's, I decided to switch targets. (At least I was able to get a better parent out of that batch, if nothing else)
So now I'm working on Spearows. I have a foreign DW female for this run, so the eggs are showing up much faster. Of course, my breeding ditto is very lonely now :p
After this I'll be breeding a couple birthday shinies for some friends. Hopefully they don't pick something that takes long to hatch, but knowing my luck... they'll all want eevees >.<

doodlecloud
21st July 2012, 6:05 PM
Woooo, new thread! I actually can't remember what I was talking about in the old thread though....I must have an awful memory, I only read it like an hour ago...

Congrats to whoever got the Aerodactyl and Shroomish in the previous thread!

Currently at 1840 eggs, hoping to get a Shiny Ponyta before 2000, wish me luck! Hopefully this thread will fill up with lots of good shiny news quickly!

needsalimegreenespeon
21st July 2012, 6:34 PM
Hatching Lillipups this morning. I haven't hatched very many... Only 99 eggs this whole hunt. And I started this hunt on June 12. I've just been too busy to hatch. Well, maybe the 100th egg will be my lucky one. Lol. I have no actual hope of that, but still... It'd be funny. Considering my Eevee hunt has been put on hold after 7000+ eggs and two years.

Alex048
21st July 2012, 6:58 PM
Still MM'ing for a shiny Ralts. It's been three months and a thousand eggs. Hoping it will shine soon enough.

Shine
21st July 2012, 7:03 PM
Thanks for the new thread ;)

250 eggs for Squirtle so far (I'm kinda lazy sometimes, today I hatched less than 50 eggs :p) and still no shiny yet.
I'm hoping I'll get the shiny before 500 eggs, just like my previous three MM.
Once I got the Shiny Squirtle, that means I've completed my Shiny Kanto Starter collection, and I'm moving on to complete the Johto one (already got Meganium and Feraligatr, so now I only need Cyndaquil :D)

After that I'll finally update my shiny banner lol

and Serebii recently posted pics that involves Shiny Excadrill....it makes me want to get one, so now while hatching eggs I also look for shaking dust in caves, just in case a Shiny Drilbur/Excadrill pops out.

Cutty
21st July 2012, 7:20 PM
New thread, yay!

And I happen to have a new shiny too!
But from other gen. My third RE hunt in JPN RUBY shone today.
And it's exactly the shiny I wanted like Venipede. I'm so blessed this month.
I've migrated it to my JPN HG then to JPN WHT so I might post the pic here.

But I'll post all about it in 3rd gen shiny thread just because.

Good luck guys. Hope the new thread brings more luck. Post away people... Make it 1,000 posts...

TheMaster327
21st July 2012, 7:22 PM
Hatching Lillipups this morning. I haven't hatched very many... Only 99 eggs this whole hunt. And I started this hunt on June 12. I've just been too busy to hatch. Well, maybe the 100th egg will be my lucky one. Lol. I have no actual hope of that, but still... It'd be funny. Considering my Eevee hunt has been put on hold after 7000+ eggs and two years.

Wow! 7,000+ eggs?! Dan2point5's record is most certainly in danger! Hopefully you get it soon...

Just boxed up another 150 Tauros eggs. I really hope it's in one of these... I tell you, the golf is speeding up this hunt immensely!

Also, woot, new thread!

Terra Force
21st July 2012, 7:39 PM
I assume BW can mean BW2 shinies also?

Well last night I finally hit 15,000 REs for Virbank Complex. I've somehow become more interested in this hunt now than a week ago. Hoping for a shiny Koffing since it'd be a first on youtube. Hoping for not a shiny patrat since I've got a shiny watchog already. Shiny Magby and Growlithe are 2nd and 3rd, magnemite in a strong 4th favorite.

Good luck on your hunts!

KittyKitty3308
21st July 2012, 7:55 PM
Still working on my Giant Chasm hunt. 8935 encounters in and hoping for a shine soon! Knowing my luck, I won't get one until around 12K encounters. I am really trying to get one before next weekend! :) Come on Ditto or Metang!

Question: I know this may be almost impossible, but is there any way that if you are REing in double grass, could 2 pokemon be shiny in one battle? Example: Double grass in Giant Chasm... Is it possible (very, very, VERY UNLIKELY I know) to encounter a shiny Ditto and shiny Solrock in the same battle? I was thinking about this earlier, because you have to faint one pokemon in order to capture the other. I would cry if I found a shiny Metang and shiny Ditto in the same battle because I am after them both and can only pick one. :p

Dangertrout
21st July 2012, 8:03 PM
Still working on my Giant Chasm hunt. 8935 encounters in and hoping for a shine soon! Knowing my luck, I won't get one until around 12K encounters. I am really trying to get one before next weekend! :) Come on Ditto or Metang!

Question: I know this may be almost impossible, but is there any way that if you are REing in double grass, could 2 pokemon be shiny in one battle? Example: Double grass in Giant Chasm... Is it possible (very, very, VERY UNLIKELY I know) to encounter a shiny Ditto and shiny Solrock in the same battle? I was thinking about this earlier, because you have to faint one pokemon in order to capture the other. I would cry if I found a shiny Metang and shiny Ditto in the same battle because I am after them both and can only pick one. :p

it's very unlikely that you'll get two shinies in a double battle, but it's possible.
my friend decided on drilbur for his birthday gift, so I'll be breeding that on my White game this month. Since it's a present I not only need it to be shiny, but I need the right nature and ability as well >.< While I'm at it, I guess I should give it good IVs. I may end up with half a dozen shiny drilbur at the end of this project. I wonder how long it'll take... T_T

Marvs
21st July 2012, 8:11 PM
Coming up to 4000 REs for my White 2 badge quest, I really want to start playing the game a bit so I hope I get a shine soon!

Kanethedragon
21st July 2012, 8:13 PM
After doing a bit of musical trying to get props so that I can finish up the prop thing and turn my trainer card silver, I'm now MMing for another shiny Zorua so I could get myself a shiny Zoroark without having to evolve my current shiny Zorua. Am on egg 13/25.

Shiny Hunter Se7en
21st July 2012, 8:20 PM
Hi guys, well I'm planning an intensive hunt this weekend... Turtwig will shine

Really cool shinies there @seancon93, Riolu is one of my "must MM" pokés... the day will come for that hunt. Good luck with your next one
Nice Shroomish @Luneth777, it looks like an Autumn Shroomish
Wow, that is good luck @Shiny Lord, just decided to change your target and it shines... nice, Aerodactyl shiny colour is so cool, it looks like an ancient Crobat. Good luck with Snivy, the effort is totally worth it

Oh no @TheMaster327, don't give up... keep looking for it, I totally know how you feel, I also fell as if Turtwig is never going to shine but it's bond to happen, jus keep thinking on how awesome it will be whe he shines, and how great you will feel for not giving up

Good luck guys SRing, REing and MMing

PS:I know this is the 5th gen shiny post and mine is a 4th gen BQ, but this thread is the one were we shiny hunters gather... I still believe a non-exclusive-generation shiny post will fit better in this case

Edit: Ok, so to stay on topic and don't break the rules, I'm also SRing for Snivy in my White... still no shiny Snivy

Dangertrout
21st July 2012, 8:25 PM
Hi guys, well I'm planning an intensive hunt this weekend... Turtwig will shine

Really cool shinies there @seancon93, Riolu is one of my "must MM" pokés... the day will come for that hunt. Good luck with your next one
Nice Shroomish @Luneth777, it looks like an Autumn Shroomish
Wow, that is good luck @Shiny Lord, just decided to change your target and it shines... nice, Aerodactyl shiny colour is so cool, it looks like an ancient Crobat. Good luck with Snivy, the effort is totally worth it

Oh no @TheMaster327, don't give up... keep looking for it, I totally know how you feel, I also fell as if Turtwig is never going to shine but it's bond to happen, jus keep thinking on how awesome it will be whe he shines, and how great you will feel for not giving up

Good luck guys SRing, REing and MMing

PS:I know this is the 5th gen shiny post and mine is a 4th gen BQ, but this thread is the one were we shiny hunters gather... I still believe a non-exclusive-generation shiny post will fit better in this case

Actually, there IS a general shiny thread in the General Pokemon Discussion sub-forum. I prefer the generation specific shiny threads over that one though. I mainly post here, because all my hunts are on 5th gen, but I still read through the 4th and 3rd gen threads.

Kanethedragon
21st July 2012, 9:02 PM
Well I'm done hunting for today. Didn't find Zorua and I plan to have a quota of 30 eggs/day. For me that's almost 2 hours with Zorua eggs (As I know that each egg is different depending one the pokemon). Now I'm just going to do Dream World and finish for now with pokemon until later in the day because I have a trade scheduled. Hopefully I'll have better hunting tomorrow that way I can get another shiny Zorua that I can evolve to have a shiny Zoroark.

AquaRegisteel
21st July 2012, 9:10 PM
Nice new thread. Glad I'm going to be able to post on the first page of this. 1000 pages coming right up. And it's nice to see that the post once per page rule is relaxed, it's nice to see shiny stories from the same person on the same page.

Starting up my SRs again. Come soon please, Shiny Starter!

GLE.

EDIT: Last post on first page! Phew.

doodlecloud
21st July 2012, 10:35 PM
Wow! 7,000+ eggs?! Dan2point5's record is most certainly in danger! Hopefully you get it soon...

Tbh I don't really count hunts that are 'put on hold' too much because it kind of ruins the numbers imo. I mean if you do other hunts and stuff in between then those could easily have been Shiny (in this case) Eevee eggs.....am I the only one who feels this way?

Also, I imagine there will be a BW2 Shiny thread when the BW2 forum becomes more....used? So maybe when it's released outside of Japan?

Dangertrout
21st July 2012, 10:48 PM
Tbh I don't really count hunts that are 'put on hold' too much because it kind of ruins the numbers imo. I mean if you do other hunts and stuff in between then those could easily have been Shiny (in this case) Eevee eggs.....am I the only one who feels this way?

Also, I imagine there will be a BW2 Shiny thread when the BW2 forum becomes more....used? So maybe when it's released outside of Japan?

Yeah, I can never really decide when to start counting. Not only does it skew your numbers for the hunt on hold, but the new target number gets thrown off too. Like my 352 weedle eggs, sounds short but then I realized it had actually been more like 1600 eggs since my last shiny because I did a bulbasaur batch in between that failed to yield a shiny. But, in the end I keep track of the species hunts separately, regardless on if they were on hold or not. Its just easier for me that way, even if it does skew the numbers.

As for the second part, I doubt they will make a separate thread for BW2. Just because if you look in the 4th gen section, you find one thread for D/P/Pt AND HG/SS. Since they didn't split those up, I imagine the same will be true for 5th gen.

Floette
21st July 2012, 10:52 PM
A repost of the shiny thread for a few reasons.

Firstly; the current one already had over 1000 pages so a restart just for that is not a bad idea. Secondly, the previous rule of having to post once per page is currently being relaxed. That means you can post multiple times a page! On that note however, you are not allowed to spam or post meaningless stuff like 'I haven't found any yet' too often; otherwise that rule may well reappear.

Yay a new thread! I thought my computer was glitching when I saw that the shiny thread only had two pages. Also glad to see the one post per page rule is being relaxed.

Anyway, continuing in my Zubat MM hunt. Hatched a total of about 209~ eggs or so (have to check my calculator for the exact number). I have 7 boxes of eggs, which I will hopefully hatch later (in between my reading of The Grapes of Wrath)

I am hoping the hunt doesn't reach 2k+ as some of you are having.

Well, good luck on your hunts everyone, and hoorah for a new thread.

StingrayKurt
21st July 2012, 11:30 PM
I've spent 4 hours dedicated to my badge quest and shiny kyurem but got no luck, currently at 3300 SR and 600 eggs hatched on my secret hunt

TheMaster327
22nd July 2012, 12:19 AM
I've just thought of something that will keep me motivated - having the first shiny of the new thread! Currently hatching my most recent batch of eggs...

Shiny Lord
22nd July 2012, 12:43 AM

I always keep track of the eggs hatched for any pokemon I decide to mm. I usually tend to switch targets a lot because I get bored of seeing the same pokemon over and over again. I go through a ton of eggs usually before I get a shiny but it is still a lot of work. For my shiny snivy hunt I have picked it up and put it on hold many times and even though I have done this I still keep track because I still put in all the effort to hatch the eggs so I feel like they should count to the overall total of that hunt. I've had 14 successful shinies hatch from doing it this way. I tend to get lucky and get early shinies by switching after so many eggs. My longest successful mm target was Poliwag which hatched on egg 999. My longest hunt I've ever done is Snivy-3000 then Sandile-2200(I think because I lost the paper with it on) and Tauros 1830. I also had a long Frillish hunt but again I lost the paper that I had that one recorded on though I know it was more than 1000 eggs hatched for one.

Spoodish
22nd July 2012, 1:14 AM
Currently going for a shiny Minccino just because I want one :3

Twilit Dragoon
22nd July 2012, 1:56 AM
http://i161.photobucket.com/albums/t237/Storm_Dragoon/b2w2shinies/IMG_2838.jpg

After a lengthy shiny drought, this shiny Magby appeared in my Black 2 :D. I was busy watching an LP on youtube when I saw the orange bodied Magby, followed by sparkles. He has a Gentle nature, which doesn't bother me in the slightest :).

Gentle nature (http://i161.photobucket.com/albums/t237/Storm_Dragoon/b2w2shinies/IMG_2842i.jpg)

Next hunt is in Sangi Ranch, where I'm hoping for a Mareep(seeing as I am using a Static Emolga). I wouldn't mind a Patrat or a Pidove, as long as it isn't another shiny Lillipup.

Shiny Lord
22nd July 2012, 2:48 AM
Congrats on the shiny magby. It is a nice looking shiny.

Rai1994
22nd July 2012, 3:47 AM
So my Shiny Electrike Hunt is now up to 1,330 Eggs as you can see in my sig... I hope it shines before 2k Eggs, and I hope it is Male. I don't think I mentioned before but I have an Everstone on my Modest Electrike I'm using to breed to try passing Modest down to the Shiny. If anyone wants to predict Nature/When it will hatch/etc. feel free to do so on my profile on here!

needsalimegreenespeon
22nd July 2012, 6:37 AM
Ending my egg hatching tonight with a grand total of...

25 eggs hatched.

Yeah... I didn't hatch that many today. Life got in the way. This brings my total eggs hatched up to 124 eggs. I'll hatch more tomorrow. Maybe. Night everyone.

~needsalimegreenespeon signing off! See ya!

Dangertrout
22nd July 2012, 7:05 AM
I'm thinking I need a break from MMing, might try REing something. I guess running away from battles and having an Illuminate pokemon in the lead would help speed things up... any other tricks?

2rsa
22nd July 2012, 7:07 AM
Gosh i miss shiniy hunting.Maybe I'll start a new hunt.I still need to by a Pokemon black game tho.^-^;

Birds of Paradise
22nd July 2012, 8:01 AM
Decided to pick up my MM hunt again after a 3 month break and I was watching TV when the egg hatched. At first my brain was like "no way!" but my shiny target hatched!! This was my first MM hunt and it was short to boot. It hatched around the 210ish egg, and I say "ish" because a couple of eggs hatched while I was waiting to get an egg from the daycare man. Timid syncer worked and its characteristic is likes to run. Checked its IVs and it has 30 Speed :). It also has 21 Attack and 18 HP/SpDef, not sure what I'll EV train it in besides speed. Still have another box and a half of zorua eggs to go, so I'll hatch those and start my next MM target :).

Sorry for the crappy quality, my camera never has liked the pokemon info page >_<...that and its late and I don't feel like re-taking the picture XD

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y103/BirdConure/shinyzoruaproofresize.jpg

Edit: Tomorrow I'll replace the picture with a more clear one.

Terra Force
22nd July 2012, 9:30 AM
Congrats on shiny Magby and Zorua!!

Hooooolllyyy shiiiitt its fricking 3 am and I just got a shiny! 16,110 REs, check it out !!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wBdXvD6rx-w&feature=youtube_gdata_player

StingrayKurt
22nd July 2012, 2:18 PM
Congrats on ur new shinies everyone! Charizard aster I just liked and subscribed!

Cyada
22nd July 2012, 3:42 PM
That's a beautiful Zorua! I think I'll hunt for it when I'm done with my current targets.

Anyway, more than 800 Ponyta eggs hatched now. Still waiting for the blue flames.

AquaRegisteel
22nd July 2012, 4:07 PM
I agree, I think I am subbed...I'll sub now if i'm not.

Regardless, I have just hit 12075 Starters Seen. It does not want to shine really.

dan2point5
22nd July 2012, 4:37 PM
Yay a new relaxed thread!

Congrats on the new shinies peeps. Magby and Zorua are both awesome!
Special Congrats to CharizardMaster, Magnemite is sweet! Glad your hunt has finally finished!

Keep going Aqua, your hard work will definately be rewarded so keep it up.

Just boxing up some more eggs. Lets hope it's in this batch!

Shine
22nd July 2012, 4:49 PM
My longest hunt I've ever done is Snivy-3000 then Sandile-2200(I think because I lost the paper with it on)
I also had a long Frillish hunt but again I lost the paper that I had that one recorded on though I know it was more than 1000 eggs hatched for one.

Rather than writing it on paper, you can try nicknaming the hatched Pokemon with the egg number.

For example, the first Pokemon that hatched is nicknamed 001, the second is 002, and so on.

That's what I do to keep track on how many eggs I've hatched.

TheMaster327
22nd July 2012, 4:49 PM
Nothing in my most recent batch of eggs, bringing the total up to 1,430. Congrats on recent shinies!

KittyKitty3308
22nd July 2012, 6:11 PM
Up to 9760 encounters in the Giant Chasm. Still no shiny. I think after I get this shiny, I will just stick to MMing. I am going nuts wondering when and what I will get. At least with MMing, you know what you're gonna get, you just don't know when. ;) Whenever I get this shiny, it will be my first shiny since last summer. I don't really hunt much when I am in college.

Terra Force
22nd July 2012, 6:32 PM
Thanks for the congrats guys, I'm really psyched about this shiny. Especially because of this:

Magnemite - #081 (Modest)

HP: 31
Att: 31
Def: 29
SpA: 18-19
SpD: 6 - 13
Speed: 10 - 17

Modest nature, pretty awesome IVs. This only happens on my long hunts... Shiny treecko, 13K, lonely with near flawless attack and speed. Shiny Pidgey with adamant nature after 19K. I just tend to be more luck with longer hunts.

Anyway I am getting ready to continue my BQ, not sure if I'll go for shiny in Virbank again, or repel trick eevee. What do you guys think? I've also got mudkip, charmander, and ho-oh hunts to finish. Not sure which I'll finish first though.

Good luck to everyone on your hunts, if you have a long one it's much more satisfying when you finally get it!

andyhaj
22nd July 2012, 8:44 PM
Look at this thing here :)

http://i1072.photobucket.com/albums/w366/andyhaj/IMAG0103.jpg?t=1342982610

I got it with the Masuda Method, and got it after only 324 hatched eggs. It has a Relaxed nature, which isn't that bad, I guess. It has Shell Armor ability, which I didn't hope for. Still one of the coolest shinies, though ;)
I just love Shellder and Cloyster, and the shiny formes are just awesome :D

I still got three boxes with eggs to hatch, so maybe I get some more?

Anybody who want to suggest a new hunt? I'm thinking of Squirtle, but I'm not sure...

the3rdH0kage
22nd July 2012, 8:59 PM
I'm about to start MMing for a Shiny Eevee then a Shiny Zoura. Congrats on recent shines!!!

Crimson_Blazer
22nd July 2012, 9:08 PM
3,900 encounters in victory road and route 14, im taking a break at the moment though to play through Soulsilver, that game likes to give me random shinies so maybe If i just play instead of hunt ill get lucky

Floette
22nd July 2012, 9:24 PM
Keep going Master/Kitty/everyone else

Congratulations on that magnemite Charizard! Fantastic find :D

Congrats to you, too, Andyhaj! You asked for some suggestions; well personally, I like to hunt shinies that aren't extraordinarily common (doesn't apply to my current zubat hunt).

Maybe chatot? I am personally going to MM for Emolga & Castform (rotating every 200 eggs) after I finish up my Zubat hunt. Which is at 219 eggs or so at the moment. I am really determined for this one because I am planning on adding shiny Crobat to my permanent post-game team for White 2 and beyond.

Anyway I haven't done any MM'ing today due to life :L But I have the rest of the day and tonight to hatch. Hopefully it shines in one of the 7 boxes of eggs I have boxed up, because I am really eager to get a shiny emolga or castform.

andyhaj
22nd July 2012, 9:31 PM
Ohh, joy! I've hatched another shiny Shellder! Egg number 348 also contained a shiny :D
This time, I got a Shellder with Naughty nature and Skill Link ability!

Still got two and a half box left too ;)

Btw, I decided that I'll MM a shiny Carvanha after hatching all the other eggs.
I will upload pictures of both Shellders later, so then you'll see that I'm not kidding!

TheMaster327
22nd July 2012, 10:09 PM
Congrats on the Shelder x2, Andyhaj! Now throw that luck over here please, I could do with it!

Currently boxing up more Tauros, and will maybe do some Turnback SRing later on also...

AquaRegisteel
22nd July 2012, 10:11 PM
Yup throw some luck to me too! I've got a nasty hunt going on.

I've done ~220 SRs for today, amounting to 12,651 Starters Seen now.

Tempted to SR for Azelf in Platinum now...

Also, hit 1,450 REs in Pinwheel Forest and Route 222 hunt (well, I started randomly REing in Route 222 to dual hunt something).

Congrats on the Shellder Duo as well!

TomoEGoto
22nd July 2012, 10:25 PM
I'm SRing for a special target now, one I have been dying to get for a while now.
I am hoping it goes under 100 SRS but since it's a legendary I doubt that, but it'll be a nice compliment to my Meganium and the greatest shiny before school starts.

Bummer the old thread is closing.

broken glass
22nd July 2012, 11:33 PM
hello everyone nice idea for a new thread

well in other news no shiny yet as of my hunts i just got platinum today so tempted to SR giritina
my hunts:
pokemon soulsilver: 1600 encounters
pokemon white: 1500 encounters
pokemon platinum: havent started yet

well gl on the hunts

Terra Force
23rd July 2012, 12:17 AM
Congrats on shiny shellders, incredible shiny right there for both shellder and cloyster.

Okay traded my shiny magnemite to Black, and what do you know, Magnet Pull ability!!! Wow this shiny is one of the best ones I've had in terms of nature, ability, and IVs all coming together. Also decided not to evolve it to Magnezone since Magneton looks nicer IMO and is still very usable with Eviolite. So I will comence EV training and then beat up Roxie, and hunt whatever I may decide to hunt.

Also good luck to everyone, especially Aqua since that hunt has really gone over the odds, and I feel your pain with my first Johto starter hunt.

*PKMN Trainer Paddy*
23rd July 2012, 1:07 AM
Ohh..... A shiny new shiny thread (excuse the pun, really i could not resist it), i have news, no treecko but my second shiny ever just shone a modest roselia, will post in 4th gen about it. Because of life taking over im only a box r two further into the treecko hunt (#shine) and congrats on all of the shinys, and andhajs shellder duo, are you just evolving one? And charizard master's magnemite finally shone and i hope the new thread brings new shinies especially to aquaregisteel, because i think your game is bullying you...
*turtwig away*

StingrayKurt
23rd July 2012, 2:25 AM
Whooohooo just got a shiny! Its not my mystery hunt for bq and it's not shiny kyurem, it's something that I just started today...here it is:
http://m.youtube.com/?reload=3&rdm=m7f5ak5dh#/watch?v=nAeb5YyV0p0
Please comment,sub and like please!

Shine
23rd July 2012, 2:48 AM
Magnemite - #081 (Modest)

HP: 31
Att: 31
Def: 29
SpA: 18-19
SpD: 6 - 13
Speed: 10 - 17

Modest nature, pretty awesome IVs.

offensive stat wise, that's NOT a pretty awesome set of IVs :p
31 Attack and 18-19 SAtk on a Modest Nature......

Still, congrats on getting a Modest Shiny Magnemite ;)

And congrats to everyone else who got a new shiny :)

I'm still on 255 eggs for Squirtle, really hoping one would shine before 500 eggs.

Cutty
23rd July 2012, 5:45 AM
I'm thinking I need a break from MMing, might try REing something. I guess running away from battles and having an Illuminate pokemon in the lead would help speed things up... any other tricks?
There is White Flute. But Illuminate pokemon is enough. You don't really need it in double grass. Just try it, REing is fun :)
I notice most of hunters here like to leave their DS on while REing. I always restart after 100 encounters. It doesn't affect the chance, I just like to 'save time' and feel more lucky this way.

I hope I can do more encounters today for my RE hunts and I hope Vullaby will shine in JPN BLCK, it's at 6,600 REs.

Congrats on new shinies caught.
EDIT: Congrats on The Zubat below me. Crobat is my fave pokemon (though I dislike the shiny). It's still awesome.

Floette
23rd July 2012, 6:00 AM
This just in, I have my first captured/hatched shiny ever! I was MM'ing a few minutes ago, and a shiny Zubat hatched from egg number 301. I am incredibly happy. I jumped out of my chair ^_^

It is a hasty nature, so the jolly everstone didn't work, but hasty nature boosts speed so it doesn't even matter :D

I bred it with a 31 Speed IV so I'm glad about that. I was watching tv, specifically an old animated reality show called "Drawn Together"- and I hadn't looked down at my DS for about 3 minutes. I knew an egg had hatched. I looked down and I got a nice surprise. I was quite tired and slowly falling out of focus, I almost went to bed but decided to hatch another 5 eggs, and I am glad I did (even though the same egg would have hatched shiny tomorrow, its nice to go to bed content)

Anyway I have been having trouble uploading pics, but here is a shabby attempt at a low quality pic, so might be some problems. 5327

It is a Hasty Male Zubat named Jellybean. Egg received, 7/22/2012, Route 3, Alert to sounds.

Finally my first successful MM :) I have decided to go for either feebas/emolga/castform/trapinch next. I was originally just going to do emolga and castform, but I might do a 4 pokemon multi hunt.

EDIT: I just realized that on my English White, I have not yet seen a Crobat. This means that my pokedex will display a shiny Crobat as the default ^_^ I do intend to fully evolve my Zubat and keep it as a permanent post-game team member for BW/BW2/Beyond.

Shine
23rd July 2012, 6:05 AM
There is White Flute.

White Flute and all the other colored Flutes have no effect in B/W (most likely they have no effect in B/W 2 too)
Annoying since now there's no cure for Attract/Cute Charm.

Probably their effects will return in the R/S/E remake, which is supposed to be also on Gen 5.....R/S were the games that introduced the colored Flutes, after all.
The returning effects could be used to promote the remakes.

EDIT : congrats on the Zubat ;)
Hasty is a quite good Nature, since you can make it into a Mixed Crobat.

Master Leo
23rd July 2012, 6:15 AM
Today, I hatched another 120 eggs in my 4 pokemon multi hunt for Minccino, Sewaddle, Pidove, and Lillipup. Bringing me to 600 eggs hatched. I also hatched some eggs for my Mawile hunt in SS, but got nothing out of it.

I decided to put the Bulbasaur SR hunt on hold at 14,100 SR's and my Mawile hunt at 480 eggs, to SR for Groudon in SS. Currently at 115 SR's, which is going by very quickly since I am using a rubber band for the first time.

mario_fan
23rd July 2012, 6:21 AM
So I've been lurking this thread for sometime while hunting for shinies of my own. Normally not a habitual Shiny hunter, I only hunt when I feel like it or when my friend makes a competition of it -like now-. The current competition is to see who finds 10 shinies first, all methods except chaining are allowed and I thought I would share my results to make this less dull.

currently
My friend:4/10
Me:2/10

http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/sprites/bws/602.png
My First shiny was obtained via MMing a couple months ago. At first I was just hatching Tynamo eggs while browsing internet (not paying attention) one of my Tynamos was slightly blue...er than the rest.I didn't realize it at first and it took 3 days for me to notice that I got a shiny Tynamo. I only realized by looking at my pokedex (thank goodness for that new feature) I would have released it without noticing. Its Adamant so its not too bad

http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/sprites/bws/140.png

My second shiny I just got today while reading this thread. I also MMed it and it took 3871 eggs to finally get my shiny Kabuto ( 4 grueling weeks)! I had to do a double take just to make sure the fatigue wasn't getting to me but it is most definitely real! Its bold but I stopped caring once the hunt exceeded 3000 eggs. This is my longest MM hunt and I feel incredibly accomplished I would like to believe that I am the first one on this forum to have a shiny Kabuto but I know I'm not.......A man can dream can't he ;_;
its Iv's are as followed

HP:28
ATK:0-28
DEF:0-19
SPATK:1-27
SPDEF:0-8
SPD:1-27

my friend (boo)
:548::541:;079;:622:
Me: (yay)
:602: ;140;

doodlecloud
23rd July 2012, 11:28 AM
Man, all these new shinies are getting me really excited though I'll admit all the low numbers are also making me really jealous! Congrats to everyone (there's a lot so won't list them all) but especially the Shellders - two in under 350 eggs? Amazing!

Also regarding the putting hunts on hold, if I did end up doing that I would probably still count them as I too wouldn't want my effort to not be counted but I do try not to let that happen. Like at the moment, I reaaaally want to train up some of my other shinies or evolve some stuff for my Pokedex or even try REing but I'm not letting myself because I'm trying to make sure my Ponyta numbers are correct. It's really, really annoying but kind of good at spurring me on - even if I lose interest I tell myself I can't do anything else until the hunt is over and then I can force myself to hatch more eggs.

AquaRegisteel
23rd July 2012, 1:08 PM
I'm at 12,834 Starters Seen and ~4,240 SRs. I haven't gone over the odds in SR terms, but I hope I get my shiny soon.
I don't know what I should do next after my hunt. I would like to go for a badge quest, but the nostalgia of the game wants me to play through it regardless...

Anyways, I have two new targets for the future, in the form of:

http://www.pokestadium.com/pokemon/sprites/handheld/heartgold-soulsilver/shiny//382.pnghttp://www.pokestadium.com/pokemon/sprites/handheld/heartgold-soulsilver/shiny/384.png

SRing for both once I buy HeartGold...

KittyKitty3308
23rd July 2012, 1:11 PM
Just doing an update of my Giant Chasm hunt. Made it up to 10,779 total encounters last night. Still no shiny. I swear the next Clefairy I see will be kicked back to wherever the #@$% it came from! ;) They are starting to mock me, I know it! Anyways, I hope I have some luck come by me soon!

TheMaster327
23rd July 2012, 1:54 PM
I have boxed up 210 Tauros eggs (that's the maximum I can do with the space I have), so I hope it shines soon! If I only had half the luck Andyhaj had with Shelder...

JohnNiles
23rd July 2012, 3:31 PM
Since I grabbed a Nosepass on one of my rare visits to the Icy Cave in the Dream World, I liked its ability (Sand Force) and decided to breed for a shiny with good IVs. I was aiming for Sassy Nature and Sand Force. It took a while, but I just got a shiny. I missed the pivotal moment because I was browsing forums and using the Dream World. -_- ... it's Jolly and has Magnet Pull. ^_^; I'll probably keep going, though I want to take a break badly.

Will add the egg count once the TV in Black/White cycles around to personal stats. I really hate waiting for the TV.

edit: 331 eggs, though it felt like much more.

AquaRegisteel
23rd July 2012, 5:32 PM
13,000 Starters Seen now. Jeez, I will hit 15,000 Starters seen and 5,000 SRs at this rate!

dan2point5
23rd July 2012, 6:03 PM
After a week off from RE'ing I'm gonna pick up my hunt again. At 10k so hopefully it'll be kind and show itself soon. Just wanna carry on playing the game!

AquaRegisteel
23rd July 2012, 6:11 PM
Yes dan! Get that Rattata on your Heart Gold nao! =P

Good luck, in all fairness.

Holy crap, almost given a scare! Thought I'd skipped over a shiny Chikorita...

dan2point5
23rd July 2012, 6:19 PM
Haha be careful! Would be nothing worse than losing a shiny you've worked so hard for! My fingers and crossed you finally get your starter soon.

AquaRegisteel
23rd July 2012, 6:22 PM
Right, it didn't, gave myself a midget shock haha.

Tempted to stop now and go back to my Pinwheel Forest RE Hunt...or I could go for Virizion...

TheMaster327
23rd July 2012, 6:47 PM
Well, nothing in the first 4 boxes... I can sense where this is heading... Will hatch the rest later.

*PKMN Trainer Paddy*
23rd July 2012, 6:57 PM
660 eggs for treecko now, back to boxing up eggs, really hope it shines this week, preferably before 1000 eggs. Good luck and congrats to everyone chasing the elusive critters. @Aquaregisteel Dont give up on your starter hunt, ive been watching your hunt from the start and to quit would just be stupid it will shine, just dont think that you've missed it, any way which starter would you prefer? and dan i hope ratata shines for you, you should be due a short hunt after slugma. Also every time i think of quitting a mm i think of your slugma hunt.

YNCRN
23rd July 2012, 6:59 PM
Wow guys! Congrats on all the new shinies!!!

There's nothing that motivates me more to finish my MM hunt than seeing a bunch of other, successful hunts!

I'm up to 700 eggs hatched, moving forward to 800 now in my mystery hunt. let's hope we see something soon! So many shinies - congrats to ALL!

andyhaj
23rd July 2012, 7:22 PM
I hatched the rest of the Shellder eggs, but none of them were shiny. I can't complain, I guess :)

Here are the pictures I promised:
http://i1072.photobucket.com/albums/w366/andyhaj/12-D905A7E2-768940-960.jpg?t=1343064009http://i1072.photobucket.com/albums/w366/andyhaj/IMAG0105-1.jpg?t=1343057976

I'm thinking of keeping the Relaxed Shellder as it is, and train and evolve the Naughty Shellder. Then I'll have one of each :)

Now I'm starting off with a new hunt, shiny Carvanha. Knowing my luck, I won't get it in a month or two...

Cutty
23rd July 2012, 7:35 PM
I'm gonna fish for shiny Shellder instead in LG/FR in the future. Note: the key word is in the future.

7,100 REs on rt 10 JPN BLCK & 3,100 REs in Desert Resort JPN WHT 2.
The 3rd hunt is in 4th gen.

Dangertrout
23rd July 2012, 8:22 PM
I'm getting there in my hunts, slowly but surely.
Spearow is up to about 250 eggs hatched on Black, and I'm about 10 eggs into my Drilbur hunt. I don't think I'll continue keeping track of eggs for Drilbur. The egg counts are starting to depress me, and having to hatch 2 shinies, one of which has to be very specific.... is going to take forever >.<

Shine
23rd July 2012, 8:29 PM
I'm getting there in my hunts, slowly but surely.
Spearow is up to about 250 eggs hatched on Black, and I'm about 10 eggs into my Drilbur hunt. I don't think I'll continue keeping track of eggs for Drilbur. The egg counts are starting to depress me, and having to hatch 2 shinies, one of which has to be very specific.... is going to take forever >.<

Well, you can control the nature using Everstone.....though there's still that chance of the shiny not having the parent's nature, unless you're using B2/W2.

Dangertrout
23rd July 2012, 9:01 PM
Well, you can control the nature using Everstone.....though there's still that chance of the shiny not having the parent's nature, unless you're using B2/W2.

Unfortunately, I don't have the new games yet. So I only get 50% chance at the right nature.
I'm trying to make an Adamant or Jolly Sand Rush Drilbur with (hopefully) max Attack and Speed and at least "Relatively Superior" stats overall. I'm everstoning a Jolly parent right now, but if I hatch an Adamant one, I'm going to switch for that.
But first I want to finish this batch of Spearows. C'mon shiny Sniper Spearow! *crosses fingers*

AquaRegisteel
23rd July 2012, 9:14 PM
660 eggs for treecko now, back to boxing up eggs, really hope it shines this week, preferably before 1000 eggs. Good luck and congrats to everyone chasing the elusive critters. @Aquaregisteel Dont give up on your starter hunt, ive been watching your hunt from the start and to quit would just be stupid it will shine, just dont think that you've missed it, any way which starter would you prefer? and dan i hope ratata shines for you, you should be due a short hunt after slugma. Also every time i think of quitting a mm i think of your slugma hunt.

Good news, I haven't even considered it! I won't, thanks for motivating me even more. Hope Treecko shines, I have no patience to MM at all. I couldn't.

Heliotrope
23rd July 2012, 10:27 PM
Hello everyone. I see we have a new shiny thread.

I haven't found any new shinies in my 5th ten games yet, but here's how all my hunts are going so far:

White: Litwick - 21,643 encounters
SS: Headbutt - 13,610 encounters
HG: BQ/Lapras - 4300 soft resets
And I'm currently breeding for a good IV'd jolly female Aipom in my Japanese Black, so that I can eventually breed for a shiny one.

And... I know it's not 5th gen, but I have found my 3rd badge quest shiny in Platinum: a shiny Cranidos, who shone after only 1512 soft resets ^_^ : video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PD9TvVYrfUk&feature=youtu.be)

Good luck, guys. Congrats on new shinies.

Shiny Hunter Se7en
24th July 2012, 12:48 AM
Hi guys!!! Awesome, incredible, totally expected news
Well for about three weeks i've been looking for shiny Turtwig in my Pokémon Pearl to start my first ever BQ. Since it was taking so long I decide to start SR in my Pokémon White for a shiny Snivy, this was an on/off hunt. Since Turtwig was taking so long I decide to give Turtwig a week and Snivy the next one. Last week was Turtwig's week so today I got focus on Snivy
The moment I decided to SR for Snivy as well -I'd been looking for Turtwig for at least two weeks at this moment- I knew that Arceus's twisted sense of humor was going to make Snivy shine before my most wanted Turtwig, and about an hour ago it happened

Nice looking Magneton @Charizardmaster#1, pretty good nature
Congrats on those awesome orange Shellder @andyhaj, wow! now you can evolve one to be a cool shiny Cloyster and leave the other as orange Shellder
Cool shiny Roselia and Cranidos,@PaddysTurtwigFanClub and @Helotrope, I don't mind it was a 4th gen catch... still congrats
Really cool shiny @StingrayKurt, Shinx's shiny evolution line is for sure one of those I want
Nice job @PocketMonstre, congrats on your first MM shiny poké ever
Awesome shinies @mario_fan, both final shiny forms of those pokés are really cool
Congrats on your new shiny Nosepass @Johnfiles, too bad it didn't get the ability you want

Good luck on your Spearow hunt and SUPER GOOD LUCK with Drillbur @Dangertrout, I hope they shine as fast as Snivy
Good luck guys SRing, REing and MMing, they'll shine for you

By the way shiny Turtwig's hunt is still on, shiny Snivy just gave me the strenght to continue

and Snivy is Impish nature....

dan2point5
24th July 2012, 1:07 AM
Congrats on Cranidos and Snivy! Love seeing peoples hard work pay off.

Unto 11,260 encounters now. Will carry on tomoz.

Best of luck everyone!

JohnNiles
24th July 2012, 1:11 AM
I'd never heard of a "badge quest" before yesterday, so I have questions for those that are doing it. Do you prefer to get each shiny before a badge or afterwards? Do you use nothing but those shinies in your team? And are you bothered by the long gaps in gameplay?

TheMaster327
24th July 2012, 2:18 AM
Well, this is quite irritating... Nothing in that batch of 210, so the total is now 1,640... Why is shiny Tauros so elusive?!

rykerr1
24th July 2012, 2:25 AM
I'm glad to see that there's a new topic with more relaxed rules, and I'm also very happy that I finally have a 5th gen shiny to report after months of hunting!

http://i50.*******.com/30accur.jpg

Blitzle hatched after 1480 eggs, and a combined 2874 eggs. I said that I wanted a shiny before a combined 3k, and I got one! She's Jolly, which means that my great luck with the everstone is continuing, and has 31 IV's in Speed! She also has Lightningrod for an ability (I probably would have preferred Motor Drive, but both are pretty good) and Double-edge as an egg move. I'm glad that I got a really great shiny after such a long hunt =)

I have another 90 Blitzle eggs that I need to hatch, and then I'll be hatching 180 Ponytas. I'll keep MMing until Ponyta shines, though I'm not sure what I'll do after that. I have other MM targets in mind, but I would also like to SR Groudon and Ho-Oh in Soul Silver... I guess I'll figure that out when I get there.

Congrats to all of the recently obtained shinies, and good luck to everyone on your hunts!

Skippio
24th July 2012, 5:12 AM
Congratulations on all the recent shinies!

I have a shiny of my own; shiny Corsola, after only 122 eggs, making my first MM hunt relatively short and successful. c:

She's Bold with Hustle. Not the best combination, I would've preferred Natural Cure, but she probably won't see much battle anyway.

IVs: 07/31/24/31/12/26

Hunting a Shuckle next. Good luck on your hunts, everyone!

StingrayKurt
24th July 2012, 5:21 AM
I'm so happy to see everyone getting shinies lately congrats to all of you and thank you to all who have watched my shiny shinx videos!
You guys and gals are great on this thread!

Rai1994
24th July 2012, 6:14 AM
I am now up to 1,510 Electrike Eggs, Still no Shiny. But I'm not even considering giving up. I feel as if it will shine really soon. As I said previously in the thread, if anyone wants to make predictions, feel free to do so on my profile!

needsalimegreenespeon
24th July 2012, 6:25 AM
Is it just me, or do female Lillipups look lighter colored than Males? Ugh. My DS is trolling me. If I don't look directly at the Pokemon, I get all kinds of excited because I think I hatched a shiny. I haven't hatched many eggs today, but I'll need to catch up... I was supposed to be at... 300 eggs today? I'm not even in the 200s. >.<
I'll be able to hatch for another thirty minutes tonight, then it's off to bed.

TheEliteEmpoleon
24th July 2012, 6:36 AM
Just got my sparkly Cobalion! It came fairly quick, but I was hoping it would come on my birthday last Tuesday. Regardless, it is a shiny, and the Synchronise worked: Jolly natured.

Floette
24th July 2012, 7:02 AM
Congratulations Rykerr, Skippio, and Empoleon! (sorry if I missed anyone)

Some people up here are having some long hunts (master) but keep going guys.

Anyway, after my shiny zubat, I am probably going to MM for a shiny castform. I like it because it is one of my favorites, and it is really uncommon, especially in shiny form. If I get bored, I will switch to Emolga or Feebas, but I will hunt all three at some point.

2rsa
24th July 2012, 7:07 AM
Congratz on the new shinies guys.^-^
I started to MM Cynda.

Supremacy
24th July 2012, 12:23 PM
After a week of no hunting I'm ready to start up again :) I'll be reing in the Challenger's Cave since I like all the shiny forms in there and headbutting tree's on Soul Silver for that female Combee that I've been hunting on and off for since January hope it shines this time! Gratz on all the recent shinies and good luck all.

TheMaster327
24th July 2012, 1:14 PM
I am decreeing this day as a day of rest. Think I need it after hatching nearly 1,000 eggs in one week!

AquaRegisteel
24th July 2012, 3:35 PM
I'm tempted to not bother with my badge quest after I get my starter. I am at 13,167 Starters seen, and I'm about to continue with hunting whilst watching Youtube Vids.

cocoadragon
24th July 2012, 4:41 PM
nice idea to renew the thread hmm i guess ii am back

congratz on all those new shinies they look amazing

gl on the hunts guys

also i am continuing my whirlipede hunt at 1500 RE

@aquaregisteel good luck on your starter hunt

AquaRegisteel
24th July 2012, 5:18 PM
^I was wondering where you went =) Welcome Back. At least people can't be infracted for posting for than once on the same page (not in a row, of course). Keep up the Vaporeon hunt then (Well, Eevee hunt)!

Dangertrout
24th July 2012, 6:44 PM
@ Cocoadragon, if you're not careful you'll get infracted again. Even if it's on two different accounts, you probably shouldn't be posting the SAME progress of a 4TH GEN badge quest here, at least not without some 5th gen news.
@TheEliteEmpoleon, Grats on the Cobalion!

I hatched an Adamant Drilbur in White last night, so that hunt will go much better now that I can use the Everstone trick ^_^ I'm just going to finish off my batch of Spearow in Black and then focus on the Drilburs. (At about 300 Spearow now)

cocoadragon
24th July 2012, 7:27 PM
@ Cocoadragon, if you're not careful you'll get infracted again. Even if it's on two different accounts, you probably shouldn't be posting the SAME progress of a 4TH GEN badge quest here, at least not without some 5th gen news.
@TheEliteEmpoleon, Grats on the Cobalion!

i know that ...... so i cant post about my badge quest here anymore :/

ah well that sucks well i guess i will post if i find a shiny whirlipede or something different

gl on the hunt tho everyone

Cutty
24th July 2012, 7:28 PM
Is it just me, or do female Lillipups look lighter colored than Males? Ugh. My DS is trolling me. If I don't look directly at the Pokemon, I get all kinds of excited because I think I hatched a shiny. I haven't hatched many eggs today, but I'll need to catch up... I was supposed to be at... 300 eggs today? I'm not even in the 200s. >.<
I'll be able to hatch for another thirty minutes tonight, then it's off to bed.

Yeah, while I was REing on rt 3 my eyes became alert everytime a wild Lillipup showed up w/ a different shade. At least the hunt didn't make me sleepy.

Good luck on your hunts btw. Who knows my 'good luck' is different from everyone else as I tend to get female shiny :D

7,500 REs on rt 10 JPN BLCK & 3,500 REs in Desert Resort JPN WHT 2.

~ Cutty Flam signing off! See ya!

Floette
24th July 2012, 7:35 PM
I am sure no one will have a problem with you keeping us updated with your badge quest, just try not to post a ton because even though this is a 'relaxed' thread, you should still be somewhat self conscious of how often you are posting. Just try to space out your posts and keep different info, make your posts longer and further apart. You can always go back and edit them too. Other people keep us updated on their BQ's on here, and it isn't a problem usually.

Anyway I found a Japanese Castform on the GTS (female) and I have a Modest (male) castform which I am breeding with it; so the MM for Castform on English White has begun.

11 eggs in and quite pumped about this hunt, especially because I just went back and watched Castform's anime episode (unfair weather friends) :D I will watch it again later on for motivation if the hunt drags on. I am also going to use this castform in my White2 playthrough when it is released for English, so I have plenty of motivation. I am considering REing a bit after this hunt, but I will still be MMing for Feebas & Emolga at one point.

Still siked about my shiny zubat too ^_^

EDIT: I agree with dan2point5's post below about other-gen shinies and hunts.

Shiny Supercow
24th July 2012, 8:17 PM
After a week vacation I've started hunting Porygon again!
Still at quite a large amount of eggs so I hopes it shines soon.

dan2point5
24th July 2012, 9:10 PM
I like the fact people post in here the shiny hunts and success stories no matter what generation it's from. I find it helps keep people motivated on their own hunts seeing people achieving their targets and being rewarded. At the end of the day we're all in this together in a way and our goals are the same. I thinks it's silly not being able to celebrate that success with one another without being warned over silly rules.

If the majority of people disagree that's fair enough and I'll keep my hunts to myself if they're not gen 5 but I just think it would be a shame to not hear from certain people and helping each other out.

YNCRN
24th July 2012, 9:37 PM
I like the fact people post in here the shiny hunts and success stories no matter what generation it's from. I find it helps keep people motivated on their own hunts seeing people achieving their targets and being rewarded. At the end of the day we're all in this together in a way and our goals are the same. I thinks it's silly not being able to celebrate that success with one another without being warned over silly rules.

If the majority of people disagree that's fair enough and I'll keep my hunts to myself if they're not gen 5 but I just think it would be a shame to not hear from certain people and helping each other out.

I think I'm with you on this one dan.

I know it may technically be "against the rules", but I get motivated to keep going with mine when someone points out a shiny they got, no matter what generation.

I myself have posted a few Gen IV shinies I've gotten in this thread, and I guess I did it because I feel like this thread would be more populated than the Gen IV one, simply because the games are newer.

In any regard, it's not really a huge distraction as I think everyone gets encouraged to see new and awesome shinies. I guess if people really do complain a lot you may have to go to Gen IV, but my vote is to keep you, and all shiny talk, here.

:D

cocoadragon
24th July 2012, 9:40 PM
I also agree i like to see people get there shiny after such hard work and it helps motivate me

we should be able to post about shinies we got in other gens on this thread

if its a problem i wont post about my BQ anymore either only 5th gen hunts

i agree with dan and yncrn

AquaRegisteel
24th July 2012, 10:03 PM
I love 4TH Gen Shinies alot, I find it far more motivating when people post about 3rd, 4th or 5th Gen shinies. It has helped me so much, especially with cocoadragon and dan2point5 doing badge quests.

Just hit 13,800 starters seen. Let's hope I get it before 5,000 SRs.

Shiny Hunter Se7en
25th July 2012, 12:38 AM
Hi guys
Congrats @rykerr1, nice shiny Blitzel, it is going to be an awesome Zebstrika
Nice short hunt @Skippio, blue shiny Corsola looks great, good luck with Shuckel
Wow, nice shiny Cobalion @TheEliteEmpoleon, is so cool to see a legendary shine

I'm at route 2 looking for my first BQ pokémon, dreading I'm going to run from a shiny Lillipup -I just can't tell them appart- and hoping for a shiny Purrloin or Patrat

Good luck fellow hunters SRing, REing and MMing, keep the good job

I also agree with the non-generation-exclusive threat

Wishing Star
25th July 2012, 1:13 AM
I'm still valiantly looking for that shiny Torchic! It's been around four thousand eggs or something, so I'm sure it'll shine soon.

A few hours ago I got myself a shiny Litwick! Woo-hoo! Named it 幽霊火 (ゆうれいび, or Ghostfire) for obvious reasons.
Now if only Ember changed colors in accordance to Litwick's flame, then that'd be awesome! (:

Anyway, after Torchic, I'll probably start on Horsea or something. Haven't found a shiny Water-type at all.

AquaRegisteel
25th July 2012, 2:05 AM
Hit 14,100 starters seen and 1,535 REs in SS and Pinwheel Forest. Well, looking forward to keeping the effort up!

DrakoKnight15
25th July 2012, 3:00 AM
Hey everyone! After finally recieving a foreign psyduck, I began my process of MMing psyducks. Hoping it shines soon, though saying that I've only just started hatching (am on the 5th egg). Anyways great shinies everyone, they're very motivating. Be back soon, gonna continue hatching eggs, I really want this shiny!

Shiny Lord
25th July 2012, 4:38 AM
I also agree with everyone. I love coming here and reading about other shiny success and it keeps me motivated on my hunts. I love reading about everyone success. I also get inspired to hunt a pokemon I might not have originally before. I hope everyone continues to post their shiny success no matter what generation it is in.

deoxysdude94
25th July 2012, 4:46 AM
oh wow... I've never posted in here. Well, in my 330 or so hours of playing pokemon black, I've found 2 shinies: a Basculin and a Litwick. The litwick is now a level 100 shiny Chandelure :) It's my favorite 5th gen shiny. Oh, I forgot to mention... According to the back of my trainer card, I haven't even encountered 8192 pokemon yet. It's amazing that I already have 2 shinies!

2rsa
25th July 2012, 7:36 AM
I'm at 300 eggs for Cynda.I'm going to gather 10 more boxes of eggs before i start hatching again.I'm taking this really slow since i am really busy these days.Good luck every one and may the odds be ever in your favor.:P

Kyle Clarthy
25th July 2012, 9:04 AM

Actually, I couldn't agree more!

It seems that the majority of the shiny hunters have migrated here, and the other threads in the other gens are pretty much dead. I have each thread bookmarked and I check them regularly, because it's fun to read of other people hunting, and seeing those shiny Pokes motivate you, but they either never have a new post, or very little activity has occurred.

Pokemon is the type of game that you can easily go back to a previous gen and play through it, and all of the games are connected in some ways to the others, whether via Pal Park or any other way. It's inevitable that we'd be going back to a previous gen to get some Poke we couldn't get easily in another gen or whatever, and so we'd be playing different gens all over the place. As a community, we sometimes need that motivation, and posting about it in a thread that no one looks at for several months makes for a pretty lonely feeling.

I actually have two new shinies that I haven't posted about, but I haven't really had the motivation to do it due to this, whether that sounds silly or not.

I'm not meaning to single out people, but there have been a few other posts where people have mentioned their hunts in older gens within this thread. I don't have a problem with that, but what I'm getting at is the fact that we're all human, and we're going to post some things like that without probably thinking about it in the first place. It just seems natural to want to share our hunts with one another.

Edit: I just wanted to say, too, that it's not about bragging that you got a shiny or anything like that. It's about sharing your success with others that understand, because let's face it, not many people will care about it in every day life.

Edit 2: I'm sorry, I just sort of read through my post again, and it probably comes off a bit as a garbled mess, so sorry about that. It's just some rambling thoughts, though.

Crimson_Blazer
25th July 2012, 9:18 AM
4,000 encounters so far. I stopped hunting in white version so im doing double victory road in black and soulsilver, black hasnt had a shiny since cottonee, almost 40k encounters!

Supremacy
25th July 2012, 10:08 AM
@Zane Clarthy 100% agree, I haven't posted about most of my shinies in SS because of how dead the other thread is. Its very motivating reading people share their success in hunting no matter the gen.

dan2point5
25th July 2012, 11:00 AM
Well the community have spoken and it looks like we're pretty much all in agreement that we should be able to post about our hunts and achievements regardless of which generation it may be from. Hopefully the mods will take notice and allow us to all come together in one communal thread without worrying about breaking a rule. Horrible to think people arnt posting about their successes because the designated generation thread is pretty much redundant.

But yeah, it's up to the mods. I just hope a little common sense comes into play if and when they make a decision.

Heliotrope
25th July 2012, 11:00 AM
I don't see what's wrong with posting about your older gen hunts/shinies here; especially if you're posting about 5th gen hunts/shinies at the same time (and especially since the other shiny threads are basically dead now...)

Anyway, I've just started up a new 5th gen hunt in my UK Black, since I finally managed to hatch a good enough Japanese female Aipom to use in my shiny Aipom hunt (Jolly natured, IV's: HP: 24, ATT: 31, DEF: 31, SP.ATT: 31, SP.DEF: 31, SPE: 19). I'm now at 100 eggs hatched.

As for my other hunts:

White: Litwick - 21,697 encounters
SS: Headbutt - 13,665 encounters
HG: BQ/Lapras - 4600 soft resets
Platinum: BQ - 100 encounters

*PKMN Trainer Paddy*
25th July 2012, 12:04 PM
i also argee with pretty much every one else on this thread, it should be for all generations because it helps with motivation. I got a modest natured shiny roselia last week and no one can see pictures cus its against rules.
I especially enjoy hearing about dan and cocoadragons badgequests.
Any way 150 more eggs boxed up for treecko hopefully one hatches shiny, if not this will take me to 800+ eggs. I really love shiny treecko and his colours, i have hatched some treeckos with upto 4 flawless stats so roll on the shinies for me and everyone else (dan2point5,cocoadragon,aquaregisteel se7en heliotrope and the many others hunting) and congrats to rykerr1 on blitzle and the guy/gal who got the shiny zubat, sorry cant remember your name... and of course all the others

doodlecloud
25th July 2012, 1:15 PM
Congrats on the Snivy, Corsola, Blitzle, Cobalion, Basculin and two Litwicks! Some of my fave Gen 5 pokes in there. : )

I also agree with the whole posting about different Gen shinies and everything...I would post in seperate threads but no-one reads the others and a lot of people have multiple differen gen hunts going on at the same time.....it's a lot easier to post everything in one thread.

In any case, I finally got my shiny Ponyta!!! It decided to shine last night after 2077 eggs. It actually hatched accidentally whilst I was stocking up on eggs, good thing too otherwise I would've carried on going till I was at at least 5 boxes haha. It has the nature and ability I want and a 31 in attack which was unexpected because although 1 parents did have a high attack stat I hadn't used a power item as they had the everstone. It's other stats aren't so great but the Jolly nature makes up for the average speed and I'm not so fussed about the others. So happy!

And now I get to put up my new shiny card. : ) My Ponyta's not really a Rapidash quite yet but I'm sure it will be by the end of the day. ; )

http://i97.photobucket.com/albums/l239/yruahippo/DSC_0444.jpg

dan2point5
25th July 2012, 2:31 PM
Congrats! You've worked hard for that Ponyta, so glad it decided to finally shine for you!

Continuing REing today. Got a feeling it's getting close so hopefully it's today!

Floette
25th July 2012, 3:17 PM
Congrats on that Ponyta, you worked for that :)

Later on I am going to switch parents in my castform hunt, because I messed up with planning the natures (forgot that everstone applies to the female's nature and not the males)

29 Eggs so far.

bobandbill
25th July 2012, 3:49 PM
Sorry guys, but really this section is for 5th gen discussion, not other gen. Prefer this thread or not, but please keep it to 5th gen only. Neglect is why other gen shiny threads can get boring after all, so i don't quite follow the logic of pushing it into here either; it's causing the problem.

At least ask mods about it first rather than saying a few posts in this thread means 'the community has spoken'. =|

KittyKitty3308
25th July 2012, 3:52 PM
Hey all! Congrats on that Ponyta! I love his Ponyta's blue flames! I am still currently REing in Giant Chasm and it is taking wayyyy to long. :( Currently at 10888 and no shiny. As this would be my first ever RE shiny (whenever I get it), it is kind of discouraging to try to RE again... I have had wayyy better success at MMing. Maybe I should just stick with MMing after this hunt.

dan2point5
25th July 2012, 4:13 PM
Fair enough.

YNCRN
25th July 2012, 4:46 PM
Congrats on the Ponyta doodle!

I've always been a huge fan of the blue flames, it's a shame they go grey-ish when he turns into Rapidash. Still, grey flames are better than the red for Ponyta in my opinion.

And I guess as long as we're hatching the actual eggs in a Gen V game we're OK to post in here, right bob? It doesn't have to be a Gen V Pokemon or would you rather this discussion be only for Gen V Pokemon shinies?

In any regard - working my way up to 900 hatched eggs on this mystery MM hunt - hoping it shines soon. I've been really motivated as of late to get this one, but from what I've heard in B&W2 the Everstone guarantees to send the nature down from the parent holding it, or am I reading that wrong?

Kinda makes me want to hold off on all these MM hunts and wait until B&W2 so I can guarantee I get the nature I want...

Oh well - let's hope for a shiny soon!

AquaRegisteel
25th July 2012, 5:25 PM
He means 5th Gen hunts, YNCRN, in Black and White. I don't totally agree with what bob has said, but I'll have to obey the mods. It seems fair enough. I'll post an update on my SS hunt, but I'll keep posting on my Pinwheel Forest hunt.

Black and White - Pinwheel Forest RE Hunt - 1,755 REs
SoulSilver - SRing for a Shiny Starter - 14,15 Seen (4,719 SRs)

HRRlion
25th July 2012, 5:35 PM
Congrats on all the recent shinies. I have a question, I managed to get a female nidoran from the dream world yesterday and I was wondering if I could MM it with another nidoran/other breed able pokemon in its egg groups? If I can then the hunt wont be boring cause you dont know which nidoran is going to hatch. Thanks.

doodlecloud
25th July 2012, 5:47 PM
He means 5th Gen hunts, YNCRN, in Black and White. I don't totally agree with what bob has said, but I'll have to obey the mods. It seems fair enough. I'll post an update on my SS hunt, but I'll keep posting on my Pinwheel Forest hunt.

I assumed it was any gen pokemon but only Gen 5 hunts.

Anyways, you just said you'd obey the mods but then posted about a Gen 4 hunt. Is that not against the rules, even if you do post it with other Gen 5 news? Not trying to get you in trouble just kind of confused about what is and isn't allowed now.

And I agree that us all agreeing on what we prefer =/= us being allowed to bend the rules as we please.

However, I do think it would make more sense to just have one thread: either one that isn't in any particular gen forum or one that stays in whichever forum/subforum is latest (in this case B/W until a B/W2 shiny thread is made). I know it doesn't quite make as much sense organising-wise but it would be easiest to use and cuts down on posting multiple posts in multiple threads when you could quickly sum up all your shiny news in one post if you have one multi-gen thread.

Actually, I wouldn't mind seeing some kind of multi-gen forum (shiny hunting threads, fave poke/move/area/gym leader/etc. threads and so on) It may be too much of a shake up but the more I think about it the more I like that idea. Competitive battling isn't the only type of Pokemon thing that spans all generations but it's the only one that seems to have it's own forum. Obviously it would be silly to have a whole forum just for shiny hunting but maybe a forum could be introduced for other aspects of pokemon that are not limited to one particular gen and so are too big for gen forums but that are not big enough to warrant their own forum.

Also, thanks for the congrats. :)

EDIT: HRRlion, yes, you could breed your Nidoran F with any other pokemon in the same egg-group and you'll have a 50/50 chance of getting a Nidoran F or Nidoran M.

Chibi_Muffin
25th July 2012, 5:50 PM
Congrats on all the recent shinies. I have a question, I managed to get a female nidoran from the dream world yesterday and I was wondering if I could MM it with another nidoran/other breed able pokemon in its egg groups? If I can then the hunt wont be boring cause you dont know which nidoran is going to hatch. Thanks.

Yes, you can. =) Good luck! I had a similar hunt quite a while ago, with Illumise/Volbeat though. Just don't evolve the Nidoran (Nidorina/queen can't breed for some reason).

Ugh. So unmotivated. I've only hatched 15 Phione eggs so far. =( Help? (At least the finally relaxed rules let me post here without getting it). When I hold off a hunt, it tends to slip into the 1,000 zone as well...

Congrats to every shiny on this new thread!

HRRlion
25th July 2012, 5:57 PM
hanks doodlecloud and Chibi_Muffin for your answers :) Looks like thats my latest target. Good luck everyone on your hunts.

Dangertrout
25th July 2012, 6:23 PM

What he said makes perfect sense. If you don't post in the 4th Gen thread because "its dead" you're contributing to that death. The only way it would get more active is if more people who are posting their stories here, post them over there. (I'm saying in general, I know I've seen you post in the 4th gen thread)
I check all the generation shiny threads, so whether the stories are here or there doesn't make a difference to me. I actually prefer them split up, but that may just be an OCD thing :p

edit - at 390 Spearows now, which marks the end of the batch (minus one egg the daycare man is holding atm) So now it's time to release them all, and then focus on my Drilbur hunt. Hopefully it will be shorter :p

AquaRegisteel
25th July 2012, 7:01 PM
Yeah, I think it's fair enough for the sake of the forum and the community. I don't hate what he said, it irks me, but I can see why bobandbill decided that. It's not a problem, in the end.

cupofchuck
25th July 2012, 7:02 PM
I'm up to 675 REs on Route 202 to get my BQ started in Diamond. It's been a few weeks now and I'm getting anxious to get my BQ underway with my first 4th gen shiny. Keep up the good work guys, they'll shine soon!

TheMaster327
25th July 2012, 7:45 PM
How about the rule being if we get a shiny on 3rd or 4th gen, we have to transfer to 5th gen before we can post photos of it?

Dangertrout
25th July 2012, 7:56 PM
How about the rule being if we get a shiny on 3rd or 4th gen, we have to transfer to 5th gen before we can post photos of it?

I don't think that will work, since the point of all the shiny threads was to post about shinies you caught in that generation. But there's nothing wrong with suggesting it.
I'd speak to a mod directly or post in the serebii forums suggestion thread though, since the mods don't spend all their time here they might miss your post altogether.

2rsa
25th July 2012, 7:59 PM
So far i collected 5 boxes and 10 extra eggs accidently hatched so i'm @ 310.I hope Cynda shines soon.I started MMing him so many times but every time i changed the target and got another shiny.:D
Good luck to you guys and BTW nice Ponyta!

master of murkrow
25th July 2012, 10:53 PM
I just got a shiny Chikorita after 229 SRs on HG. now its up to cyndaquill to shine on my white game so I have all 3 johto starter evolutions shiny. at 1000 eggs at this moment so hope this mm hunt goes fast

rykerr1
25th July 2012, 11:00 PM
Congrats on that Ponyta, you worked for that :)

Later on I am going to switch parents in my castform hunt, because I messed up with planning the natures (forgot that everstone applies to the female's nature and not the males)

The everstone applies to whatever Pokemon you gave it to. It doesn't just work for the female.

For example, both times that I MM'd Eevees I used a Modest, male Japanese Eevee. He held the everstone and it worked twice.

Anyway, I'm at almost 6k for Giratina and tomorrow marks 7 MONTHS for my Snivy SR in Black. I will be FURIOUS if that hunt goes on for as long as Piplup did...

I'm almost done hatching my current batch of Ponytas; if one doesn't shine I will box another 360 eggs. But I'm glad to see that Doodle got a shiny Ponyta, it really is beautiful =)

@bob: I used to follow this rule, and only post 3rd gen shinies in the 3rd gen thread, 4th gen in the 4th gen thread, etc. The problem with that is, unless I am mistaken, those threads still have the 1 post per page rule. That was why I stopped posting in those threads - I would post a shiny in the thread, then get another shiny and be unable to post it because only 1 or 2 other people had posted since me and it would take weeks, if not months to wait for a new page.

If that rule were to be taken off the 3rd and 4th gen threads, I'd be thrilled to go back to posting there. Until then, I guess I'll keep my 3rd and 4th gen shinies to myself on this forum...

WishIhadaManafi5
25th July 2012, 11:04 PM
Still working on my shiny Dratini hunt... mainly just fishing right now, since I have to empty out the pc box that I use to breed Dratinis in. Been busy breeding some other Pokemon as of late... but will be breeding somemore Dratinis soon :). Hopefully I'll either run into a shiny Dratini or hatch one soon enough... getting a little tired of seeing so much blue and white O_O. So pretty much been biding my time waiting for one. Silly game and its coding :p.

KittyKitty3308
25th July 2012, 11:19 PM
@bob: I used to follow this rule, and only post 3rd gen shinies in the 3rd gen thread, 4th gen in the 4th gen thread, etc. The problem with that is, unless I am mistaken, those threads still have the 1 post per page rule. That was why I stopped posting in those threads - I would post a shiny in the thread, then get another shiny and be unable to post it because only 1 or 2 other people had posted since me and it would take weeks, if not months to wait for a new page.

If that rule were to be taken off the 3rd and 4th gen threads, I'd be thrilled to go back to posting there. Until then, I guess I'll keep my 3rd and 4th gen shinies to myself on this forum...

You could always edit your post in those threads with your new shiny if a new page has yet to be started. :)

Also, no shiny yet again today. Up to 11,497 encounters. Silver Metang or Blue Ditto... Are you out there?!?!?

Kyle Clarthy
26th July 2012, 12:57 AM
Sorry guys, but really this section is for 5th gen discussion, not other gen. Prefer this thread or not, but please keep it to 5th gen only. Neglect is why other gen shiny threads can get boring after all, so i don't quite follow the logic of pushing it into here either; it's causing the problem.

At least ask mods about it first rather than saying a few posts in this thread means 'the community has spoken'. =|

That's understandable ...

It will be up to us to go breathe some life into those other gen threads, then. It's not going to change otherwise.

And I can't speak for everyone, but I wasn't whining about the fact, but I did feel like it was something I had to say at the time. Everyone has opinions and it's healthy to share them.

Anyway, something I forgot to do in my previous post was to congratulate all of those people who have found new shiny Pokes,such as doodlecloud and their Ponyta, and other's from the beginning of this new thread.

cocoadragon
26th July 2012, 1:00 AM
i see we cant post about 4th gen here anymore so i started up a hunt in challengers cave in my white

ill accept any

using a illuminate chinchou and damp golduck just in case of shiny graveler knowing explosion well gl on the hunts everyone

Supremacy
26th July 2012, 1:45 AM
^ Ah, looks like were both hunting in the same place, how about a friendly race :p? I'm a little over 1k encounters atm.

Gratz on any recent shinies and good luck!

Shiny Hunter Se7en
26th July 2012, 1:57 AM
Hi guys
Congrats @Wishing Star for shiny Litwick, cool looking shiny.
Nice couple of RE shinies @deoxysdude94
Cool shiny Ponyta @doodlecloud, and is a girl that's great, it will be an amazing shiny gray fire Rapidash
Congrats on shiny Chikorita @master of murkrow, a really short hunt, and good luck with Cyndaquil

I get what bobandbill says, but like dan2point5 said -and I totally agree with him- "the community have spoken", we are the ones who make this forums, the mods are here to moderate, not to control...
I don't mean to shake things, but it is what it is, this is our forum
A shiny thread for all gens makes easier for us to keep track of other people hunts, and that way we all give support and motivation, I love that about this forum, I don't understand why the generation segregation lol
Some of us only hunt on one gen but I don't mind reading other people struggles to get their most precious shinies in other gens, in fact I love to read about everyones succestories... sorry but I'm going to keep supporting ONE SHINY THREAD FOR ALL GENS

I have a dream for all shiny hunts to be united under a same thread without carrying for the generation they are

All this rambling and I forgot to talk about my so called BQ... I think I'm going to give a twist to my White BQ, finding a shiny poké consumes time -a lot- so instead of RE them I'm going to hatch eggs -not MM- to get the 5 shiny pokés I want to complete my party before the Pokémon League. I'm planning on getting one shiny from each gen -let the gens come together-
they are going to be, Charizard, Kingdra, Metagross, Gliscor and Haxorus -I don't care for the free one in one of the sequels- They will be joining my shiny Snivy/Serperior

Good luck guys SRing, REing and MMing for your favorite shiny no matter the gen

Dangertrout
26th July 2012, 2:08 AM
The thing that really bothers me about the whole "the community has spoken, we demand a consolidated thread!" is that THERE IS ONE. Since January 2012 there has been a GENERAL shiny thread. It's in the GENERAL pokemon sub-forum.
But no one bothered to look outside of the Gen 5 sub-forum. and then they give the mods crap for wanting to keep things that are in a GEN 5 sub-forum about GEN 5
yeesh.

cocoadragon
26th July 2012, 2:12 AM
^ Ah, looks like were both hunting in the same place, how about a friendly race :p? I'm a little over 1k encounters atm.

Gratz on any recent shinies and good luck!

sure why not i recommned using a damp pokemon in case of shiny graveler so u dont lose it

im only about 100 encounters in good luck on the hunt!

Shiny Hunter Se7en
26th July 2012, 3:19 AM
Well guys I guess it isn't a bad idea if we all migrate our shiny stories from any gen to the thread Dangertrout was talking about...

This is the link to the general shiny thread: Anything and Everything Shiny 2.0! (http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?556802-Anything-and-Everything-Shiny-2-0!)

Hopefully I'll be reading from all of you in there, doesn't matter the gen

Shiny Lord
26th July 2012, 3:21 AM
Still working on my shiny Dratini hunt... mainly just fishing right now, since I have to empty out the pc box that I use to breed Dratinis in. Been busy breeding some other Pokemon as of late... but will be breeding somemore Dratinis soon :). Hopefully I'll either run into a shiny Dratini or hatch one soon enough... getting a little tired of seeing so much blue and white O_O. So pretty much been biding my time waiting for one. Silly game and its coding :p.

Why would you bother hunting for a shiny dratini when you can get one in Pokemon White 2?

master of murkrow
26th July 2012, 3:23 AM
The thing that really bothers me about the whole "the community has spoken, we demand a consolidated thread!" is that THERE IS ONE. Since January 2012 there has been a GENERAL shiny thread. It's in the GENERAL pokemon sub-forum.
But no one bothered to look outside of the Gen 5 sub-forum. and then they give the mods crap for wanting to keep things that are in a GEN 5 sub-forum about GEN 5
yeesh.

well maybe we can find a middle way,what if people may post on this thread from other gens but then also post something about their hunts on B/W. then it would be fair to those that have taken a break from gen 5.

anyways Ive hatched over 300 eggs now on White and am at 1300 cyndaquill eggs. congratz on all the new shinies

Cutty
26th July 2012, 5:04 AM
7,738 REs later in JPN BLCK... shiny Vullaby really appeared. What a month!

- Encounter - (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v81/Aurorellis/Just%20shinies/shinyVul.jpg)
- Data - (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v81/Aurorellis/Just%20shinies/shinyvul1.jpg)

Careful nature. I named her 'Love' as I was listening to Green Day's new single 'Oh Love' when she showed up. I resume my hunt for Vanillite in the Cold Storage afterwards.

Anyway, just saying, there's used to be a place where hunters meet to share their shinies all across the gens, which was... the shiny club.
It could be revived/made again if there's an approval from at least 3 mods if I'm not mistaken. Just throwing another idea here.

Congrats on other new shinies as well.
Oh love! :D

Jessara
26th July 2012, 5:10 AM
A full month has now passed since I started my RE hunt in Chargestone Cave. I'm now at 7370 pokemon encountered since the 23rd of June. As I mentioned before this is my longest RE hunt and I'm not sure where I'm getting the patience from to keep it going. Reading this thread and watching videos on youtube does help with keeping wanting a new shiny of my own.

Congrats to all who have recently gotten new shinies, one that stands out to me is doodlecloud's shiny Ponyta as that is one beautiful shiny I've been wanting for a long time, congrats :)

Good luck on your hunts people and may something shine soon.

Kyle Clarthy
26th July 2012, 6:08 AM
Why would you bother hunting for a shiny dratini when you can get one in Pokemon White 2?

It seems funny to me that I just finished hunting a Dratini and an Axew, and then this happens.

But, I look at it like this. Those shiny Pokemon are going to have a set location, right? Everyone is going to know where they came from.

And at the end of the day, all that really matters is that my Axew and my Dratini ... well, Haxorus and Dragonite now, are important to me. They will always be just a little bit more special than either of these gift shinies, and their value doesn't really get any worse in my opinion.

Heck, you see people still breeding for shiny Magikarp even after the Red Gyarados. It's just how it is. I don't really question it. I caught my shiny Magikarp via fishing while I was hunting for a Poliwag ... and honestly, she is just as special to me as any of my other Pokemon because I recall the effort I put into finding her rather than just being handed to me on a silver platter.

So, yeah, while these gift shiny Pokemon might be the same to everyone else, they're not always going to be the same to the individual due to the fact that there are usually stories behind shiny encounters, and therefore memories.

(And yeah, I am aware I sound a little lame, but it's true!)

Also, thanks for posting that link, Shiny Hunter Se7en. I guess with Serebii being quite large and with multiple forums, it is quite easy for topics to get lost in amongst it all. I have it bookmarked now.

Terra Force
26th July 2012, 7:21 AM
Ahh the shiny club.... It isn't going to be approved if anyone were to try top, I'm afraid. It had a good reason to be shut down and it was really stressed that no matter what it wouldn't be brought back.

Well I haven't posted in a while, so congrats on everybody's shinies. I'm at around 3,000 encounters in my new Virbank complex hunt. My magnemite is now ev trained and I've got a bike and an illuminator now so hopefully it'll be a bit shorter this time around. Good luck on your hunts everybody!

RaichuArcanine
26th July 2012, 9:50 AM
I haven't posted here in a while! I' taking a break from Kyurem, and I'm now SRing for a shiny Volcarona in relic castle. I'm currently on around 150 or so resets. Good luck to everyone!

~RaichuArcanine~

doodlecloud
26th July 2012, 11:14 AM
yeesh.

If there IS one then why do this thread and all the other Gen specific shiny threads exist? Seems like the answer is to delete this thread and move over there. I do now understand more why the mods are annoyed but at the same time I'm not sure why they even allowed these threads to be created if we already had an all gen thread...

bobandbill
26th July 2012, 2:06 PM
Lateish replies:

And I guess as long as we're hatching the actual eggs in a Gen V game we're OK to post in here, right bob? It doesn't have to be a Gen V Pokemon or would you rather this discussion be only for Gen V Pokemon shinies?That's right; talk about shinies caught in a Gen V game here, 4th gen games in 4th gen, etc.

However, I do think it would make more sense to just have one thread: either one that isn't in any particular gen forum or one that stays in whichever forum/subforum is latest (in this case B/W until a B/W2 shiny thread is made). I know it doesn't quite make as much sense organising-wise but it would be easiest to use and cuts down on posting multiple posts in multiple threads when you could quickly sum up all your shiny news in one post if you have one multi-gen thread.One major flaw is that if someone looks to ask about shiny Pokemon in say 3rd gen games (not an uncommon occurence) they'd have to know to come to the BW section, not the 3rd gen general discussion section or whatnot which doesn't make sense in that regard. Plus the FAQs in those threads can be specific to that gen too.

Actually, I wouldn't mind seeing some kind of multi-gen forum (shiny hunting threads, fave poke/move/area/gym leader/etc. threads and so on) It may be too much of a shake up but the more I think about it the more I like that idea. Competitive battling isn't the only type of Pokemon thing that spans all generations but it's the only one that seems to have it's own forum. Obviously it would be silly to have a whole forum just for shiny hunting but maybe a forum could be introduced for other aspects of pokemon that are not limited to one particular gen and so are too big for gen forums but that are not big enough to warrant their own forum.Arguablt the General Pokemon Discussion section covers that. And linked from the rules is a general shiny discussion thread (http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?556802-Anything-and-Everything-Shiny-2-0!/page25) already so you could say that already exists. (As Shiny Hunter Se7en also posted; it's a 2.0 version and exists since January). Which is even more reason for this thread to remain restricted to shiny Pokemon found in fifth gen games.

I don't think that will work, since the point of all the shiny threads was to post about shinies you caught in that generation. But there's nothing wrong with suggesting it.
I'd speak to a mod directly or post in the serebii forums suggestion thread though, since the mods don't spend all their time here they might miss your post altogether. Razor Leaf already replied there but I feel that it's better to keep it to Pokemon actually *caught* in 5th gen, not just transferred.

If that rule were to be taken off the 3rd and 4th gen threads, I'd be thrilled to go back to posting there. Until then, I guess I'll keep my 3rd and 4th gen shinies to myself on this forum... Valid point. As we took off that rule for this thread as a trial I will go and remove it from the 4th/3rd gen threads too.

I get what bobandbill says, but like dan2point5 said -and I totally agree with him- "the community have spoken", we are the ones who make this forums, the mods are here to moderate, not to control...
I don't mean to shake things, but it is what it is, this is our forum
A shiny thread for all gens makes easier for us to keep track of other people hunts, and that way we all give support and motivation, I love that about this forum, I don't understand why the generation segregation lol
Hopefully the above explains it then some more. And sure, we are here to mod, but we're also in charge in keeping organisation and enforcing rules by extension of being mods. Plus I don't mind discussing it, but in future at least ask mods about ideas rather than try to run it yourself.

(And as said an alternate general shiny thread already exists too, so).

well maybe we can find a middle way,what if people may post on this thread from other gens but then also post something about their hunts on B/W. then it would be fair to those that have taken a break from gen 5.
Nope, not if threads already exist to both talk about all gens, and other gens besides 5th.

Anyway, just saying, there's used to be a place where hunters meet to share their shinies all across the gens, which was... the shiny club.
It could be revived/made again if there's an approval from at least 3 mods if I'm not mistaken. Just throwing another idea here.You're free to take it up with the club mod/s.

If there IS one then why do this thread and all the other Gen specific shiny threads exist? Seems like the answer is to delete this thread and move over there. I do now understand more why the mods are annoyed but at the same time I'm not sure why they even allowed these threads to be created if we already had an all gen thread... Similar to the answer (well, a answer) I gave for the 3rd/4th gen shiny threads existing in their respective sections. There are questions and etc specific to those threads and if someone wants to ask them or talk about a shiny they found in those games they are going to first go to those sections, not the 5th gen section and not necessarily GPD either. To save constantly redirecting people to one thread over and over we allow threads to exist for each gen.

In the end there is no 'best' way or right way to do it; but this is just how we've gone with it and more or less it's worked.

Sure is a popular subject, this one. =p

Scot_82
26th July 2012, 2:27 PM
I'll throw my hat into the ring...

I gave up Pokemon 3 years ago. Sold everything I had. Included in that sale was a Diamond cartridge which featured my whole shiny collection. I have been missing my shiny's lately. I just bought a DSi XL and White and Soul Silver. I can't wait to start hatching for shinys! Especially since the MM has come about. It wasn't yet known when I sold my games. So I currently do not have any shinys, but you can see in my signature what my targets are once I get back into hatching!

doodlecloud
26th July 2012, 3:08 PM
Arguably the General Pokemon Discussion section covers that. And linked from the rules is a general shiny discussion thread already so you could say that already exists. (As Shiny Hunter Se7en also posted; it's a 2.0 version and exists since January). Which is even more reason for this thread to remain restricted to shiny Pokemon found in fifth gen games.

I'm kinda new to the forums and haven't really explored the other sub-forums. I assumed there wasn't one as if there was I would've thought people would use it instead and this thread wouldn't exist! So I'm quite suprised right now haha.

I'm going to move to the above thread instead and hopefully others will too. I'll come back if people are really reluctant to move but I would hope that they'd be happy to use a thread where we can talk about all gens?

AquaRegisteel
26th July 2012, 3:13 PM
You're free to take it up with the club mod/s.

In the end there is no 'best' way or right way to do it; but this is just how we've gone with it and more or less it's worked.

Sure is a popular subject, this one. =p

I will agree with this, it works, no matter how many people have found it useless. I don't want to debate this anymore. I might see if anyone else has interest in the revival of the shiny hunters club.

And, it is popular, indeed =P

Anyone up for reviving the shiny club then?

Right. I'm up to 1,815 REs in Pinwheel Forest.

rykerr1
26th July 2012, 3:32 PM
I'd be happy to see a shiny hunters' club return, although I remember that the last one had problems with drama and people posting one-line, essentially spam posts. But if those problems could be avoided, it would be really great to see IMO.

Anyway, I'm back to boxing up Ponytas; I'm at 1574 right now and I would really like one before 2k >.< I've been hunting this since March and I'd really like to do something else!

And, 7 months ago today, I got a shiny Kyogre in Sapphire and started SRing for Snivy in Black... I find it really annoying that I STILL haven't played through the Black version that I got for Christmas. SHINE SNIVY!!!

Congrats to everyone on any recently obtained shinies, and good luck on your hunts =)

2rsa
26th July 2012, 6:19 PM
I'm @ 460 eggs for shiny Cynda.PLZ shine soon Cynda!:')
Good luck everyone.

ShinyHaxorus
26th July 2012, 7:35 PM
Got myself my first 5gen shiny today Drilbur is it worth EV training him? I've never had one before I know it evolves into Excadrill which looks pretty cool but what areas should I beast up with EV training? Any advice would be great :)

Also I'm 1000 encounter's in and still no shiny Axew *sigh*

doodlecloud
26th July 2012, 7:41 PM
Got myself my first 5gen shiny today Drilbur is it worth EV training him? I've never had one before I know it evolves into Excadrill which looks pretty cool but what areas should I beast up with EV training? Any advice would be great :)

Also I'm 1000 encounter's in and still no shiny Axew *sigh*

Excadrill has amazing attack stats so it's worth EV training (though any pokemon is if you want to use it). But how to train it may depend on what nature it has.

ShinyHaxorus
26th July 2012, 7:46 PM
Excadrill has amazing attack stats so it's worth EV training (though any pokemon is if you want to use it). But how to train it may depend on what nature it has.

Thanks for the reply! I'm pretty new to all this although I have been playing Pokémon since red came out, my Drilbur is of sassy nature and is apparently mischievous.. is that a good thing?

Supremacy
26th July 2012, 8:56 PM
^ Not really since Excadrill relies mostly on attack and speed and the sassy nature lowers speed :s and Mischievous is a special attack IV characteristic so that wouldn't be useful considering its base Special attack is pretty low but none the less its a great shiny and pretty good pokemon in-game.

A bit passed 2k encounters in Challengers Cave hope this hunt doesn't take too long, good luck everyone.

doodlecloud
26th July 2012, 9:01 PM
Thanks for the reply! I'm pretty new to all this although I have been playing Pokémon since red came out, my Drilbur is of sassy nature and is apparently mischievous.. is that a good thing?

It's not an amazing thing as it lowers it's speed which is something you want to be higher if you're focusing on Attack.

Excadrill's Sp. Defense isn't bad though and with the boost from the Sassy nature (it lowers speed stats by 10% whilst upping Sp. Defense stats by 10% btw) you might be able to make a defensive Excadrill. There's one on Smogon - it requires Adamant nature which gives a boost in attack but you have to work with what you've got. http://www.smogon.com/bw/pokemon/excadrill

What Ability does it have? I'm assuming it doesn't have it's DW ability meaning it will have Sand Rush which can cause a boost in Speed of Sand Force which causes a boost in certain Attacks, both of which could help you out. I can do my best but I'm sure the more veteran players will be able to come up with some viable ideas.

ShinyHaxorus
26th July 2012, 10:18 PM
It's not an amazing thing as it lowers it's speed which is something you want to be higher if you're focusing on Attack.

Excadrill's Sp. Defense isn't bad though and with the boost from the Sassy nature (it lowers speed stats by 10% whilst upping Sp. Defense stats by 10% btw) you might be able to make a defensive Excadrill. There's one on Smogon - it requires Adamant nature which gives a boost in attack but you have to work with what you've got. http://www.smogon.com/bw/pokemon/excadrill

What Ability does it have? I'm assuming it doesn't have it's DW ability meaning it will have Sand Rush which can cause a boost in Speed of Sand Force which causes a boost in certain Attacks, both of which could help you out. I can do my best but I'm sure the more veteran players will be able to come up with some viable ideas.

Yeah it's got the Sand Rush ability, I must admit that bulky excadrill sounds really good as I've got a adamant natured axew that also has mold breaker that I breeded (and needs EV training speed and attack right?) also major thanks for the link to that site I'm going to read up on everything now!

master of murkrow
26th July 2012, 11:46 PM
I'm @ 460 eggs for shiny Cynda.PLZ shine soon Cynda!:')
Good luck everyone.

wanna do a little race? who of us gets the first shiny cyndaquill wins. Good luck though since im already up to 2000 eggs and still no sparkle :(

Crimson_Blazer
27th July 2012, 12:04 AM
Just trained my damp golduck a bit so it can last a bit longer if i finally get this drifblim. Switching between victory roads in B and SS and hunting route 14? For drifblim, even another jigglypuff would be cool since i evolved mine already, speakin of not getting right nature when MMing, some ppl might remember my Axew hunt. I was using an adamant everstone and she hatched with a freaking CALM nature and rivalry...when english BW2 come out ill be adamant synchronizing that haxorus till i get it w/ mold breaker and the right nature

Stunk
27th July 2012, 1:40 AM
Finnalyyyyyyy! Got my shiny charmander earlier today (can't post pics cause Im in a hurry to the airport) it took me a total of 22,673 SR's on my Fire Red and I started this hunt back in April, hope you all have a good day/summer break, Bye!

Supremacy
27th July 2012, 5:11 AM
^ Wow gratz! Nice to see your hard work paid off.

Well I just found out that cute charm doesn't effect the gender of shinies in 4th gen :/ so most likely I won't get my female Combee on SS but I'm still gonna keep headbutting maybe I'll get lucky and it will be female if not I'll have to go back to RE'ing route 11 on white which kinda sucks since I already got 11 shinies in that route (one being a male Combee -.-) but I'm not giving up on Shiny Vespiquen, I must have it.

mogan3
27th July 2012, 5:14 AM
earlier in this forum i was shiny huntin a sheildon it took me 309 eggs then i finally got it and congrats on the new shinies every body

Ribemba
27th July 2012, 5:45 AM
shiny hydreigon is great!!!!!! but shiny tornadus, thundurus and landorus suck...

Floette
27th July 2012, 5:48 AM
Congrats on the shiny Charmander!

Boxed up 7 more boxes of Castform, hoping for another easy hunt like Zubat. I might do a side RE hunt in SS, but thats unrelated.

City of Delusion, I really hope you get that shiny Vespiqueen, it seems like you have wanted it for a while hehe.

Going to box up some more eggs and hatch them tomorrow. I am thinking about all of the shinies I want to hunt before BW2 English comes out so I feel like I am running out of time. Hoping Castform shines quickly. (There was a huge rainstorm when I was collecting eggs tonight, I'm hoping thats a good sign for Castform :))

So: does anyone else get tired while MM'ing (or possibly RE'ing or other hunting methods? For some reason it puts me to sleep, not from boredom, but more the fact that its a bit relaxing. I find myself closing my eyes while riding my bike and briefly opening them while passing the Day Care Man.. its like I am MM'ing in my sleep :D

Dangertrout
27th July 2012, 6:32 AM
Congrats on the shiny Charmander!

Boxed up 7 more boxes of Castform, hoping for another easy hunt like Zubat. I might do a side RE hunt in SS, but thats unrelated.

City of Delusion, I really hope you get that shiny Vespiqueen, it seems like you have wanted it for a while hehe.

Going to box up some more eggs and hatch them tomorrow. I am thinking about all of the shinies I want to hunt before BW2 English comes out so I feel like I am running out of time. Hoping Castform shines quickly. (There was a huge rainstorm when I was collecting eggs tonight, I'm hoping thats a good sign for Castform :))

So: does anyone else get tired while MM'ing (or possibly RE'ing or other hunting methods? For some reason it puts me to sleep, not from boredom, but more the fact that its a bit relaxing. I find myself closing my eyes while riding my bike and briefly opening them while passing the Day Care Man.. its like I am MM'ing in my sleep :D

Playing pokemon does make me tired, but never tired enough to sleep. Too bad, since it would really help out these days. just can't seem to fall asleep before 3am, no matter what I try >.<
Silver lining: I get to play pokemon without it interfering with life activities :p

Drilbur hunt is still on, somewhere in the 150-200 range on eggs.

Rai1994
27th July 2012, 7:45 AM
I've reached 1,600 Eggs in my Shiny Electrike Hunt on Pokémon Black. Still no luck in hatching it though... I hope it shines soon!

Good luck to everyone else on their hunts and congrats if you found any lately!

Kyle Clarthy
27th July 2012, 9:47 AM
Anyway, I'm back to boxing up Ponytas; I'm at 1574 right now and I would really like one before 2k >.< I've been hunting this since March and I'd really like to do something else!

And, 7 months ago today, I got a shiny Kyogre in Sapphire and started SRing for Snivy in Black... I find it really annoying that I STILL haven't played through the Black version that I got for Christmas. SHINE SNIVY!!!

Good luck for your egg hatching, Rykerr, but more importantly for your Snivy SRs ... what a massive pain! It's long due, that's for sure. I don't think you will, but don't give up! Keep at it, and if Snivy is still being a pain, then you know where to come if you want to vent to prevent going nuts.

Hmm, a shiny club, you say? I don't know ... I don't really know if my opinion matters all that much, but if there is to be a shiny club, all these other topics may be ignored. Shouldn't we try to focus on reviving those, or at least posting in them a little bit more first? At the end of the day, I'd probably be happy with whatever. I need to post here more often, that's for sure, and any excuse will do. But yeah, I don't really know how it all works, and I hope that if it was done, it was done properly and in a way that it lasted for a long time, rather than a few months and then be ruined again.

Congratulations Stunk on that Charmander ... such dedication! And congrats on the Shieldon, Mogan!

City of Delusion, you were the one who was after a female Combee, and got basically everything else but ... and multiples, like a couple of Tranquills and three Rapidash, right? I wish you the best of luck! What a massive pain. I'm just wondering if anyone here has a shiny female Combee? If only a male one wasn't so useless then it wouldn't be such a problem. But yeah, your male Combee would basically be a trophy at the end of the day and that's it.

Crimson_Blazer
27th July 2012, 12:29 PM
I dont know if he posts here, but a youtuber named kaosdarkrai has a female combee, and also went through alot of shinies to get it. I think something like 7 tranquill

KittyKitty3308
27th July 2012, 1:04 PM
Well... I hit 12,018 encounters last night in the Giant Chasm. Still no shiny. I am starting to think my white's shiny generator is broken. ;) jk. Hopefully I get my metang or ditto soon! Congratz everyone and gl!

UltimaTiger
27th July 2012, 1:23 PM
restarted HG about a month ago bred a team to play it with, then found a gold geodude right off the bat in the dark cave.
thanks for the tips about shiny hunting... i feel a sudden drain on my free time coming up...

doodlecloud
27th July 2012, 2:13 PM

Yes! I don't get it during the day but I've gotten into the habit of either MMing or Reing before bed as it sends me to sleep. I always used to have problems with sleeping but not anymore haha.

Shiny Supercow
27th July 2012, 3:04 PM
Still no blue Porygon.. This will be my first and last MM hunt. I prefer RE's much, much more.
1210 eggs so far.

2rsa
27th July 2012, 3:48 PM
I want my shiny Cynda already!Befor i change target again.:p
I'm currently @ 550 eggs hatched.

RaichuArcanine
27th July 2012, 4:01 PM
I got tired of SRing for Volcorona, so I'm taking a break to MM Purrloin on my white. I got a Japanese one of the GTS earlier, so I'm all good. Hopefully this will be a quick hunt.

~RaichuArcanine~

Snivasel
27th July 2012, 4:25 PM
The other day I was dual REing in Pinwheel Forest just for fun and 15 minutes later... a wild shiny Petitil appeared! :)

This was my quickest hunt ever with only 79 encounters.
I'll add some pictures of Lily when, but unfortunately I couldn't make photos of her when she was a Petilil.

Also, yesterday, I got a shiny Abra in LG after 6 SRs, the 457th was him :).

I'll edit this post with images when I'll can but now I can't use my 3DS, sorry :S.

My luck seems to be changing since that frozen Chikorita. Good luck to all with your hunts!

ohjeezitskim
27th July 2012, 4:29 PM
I'm currently MMing for my first shiny. (without trade or event) Zorua is first.. then if I have the patience i'm starting with trying to get some first gen shinies (male nidoran, vulpix, and shellder..)

Also I have a question (hoping there are more people here that would know because it's a shiny thread...)
While looking up tips for MMing, I came across two people on different websites that said that if you turn off your game (not putting it to sleep) that the RGN restarts - So keeping it in sleep mode won't restart the RGN and you are bound to run a cross a shiny, I'm assuming "faster."
Is this true? It makes sense. But in all my years of pokemon, I've never seen someone bring up that point. Anyone have experiences with this?

firedojomaster
27th July 2012, 4:39 PM
Hey I'm new to this whole shiny hunting thing. My goal is to get a shiny piplup in either pokemon diamond/platinum or in pokemon white. What's the best way to go about this?

AquaRegisteel
27th July 2012, 4:42 PM
I'm currently MMing for my first shiny. (without trade or event) Zorua is first.. then if I have the patience i'm starting with trying to get some first gen shinies (male nidoran, vulpix, and shellder..)

Also I have a question (hoping there are more people here that would know because it's a shiny thread...)
While looking up tips for MMing, I came across two people on different websites that said that if you turn off your game (not putting it to sleep) that the RGN restarts - So keeping it in sleep mode won't restart the RGN and you are bound to run a cross a shiny, I'm assuming "faster."
Is this true? It makes sense. But in all my years of pokemon, I've never seen someone bring up that point. Anyone have experiences with this?

It isn't RGN btw, it's RNG.

Anyways. This is true in a sense, but RNG is based on time. RNG is basically centred around the DS clock, and if you adjust it to certain times, you can find shinies and flawless pokemon. However, some hunters call it a form of cheating for shinies, but some can RNG but prefer to naturally hunt for shinies.

YNCRN
27th July 2012, 4:44 PM

I don't BELIEVE this to be true.

Regardless of if you turn your system on or off you're still going to have a 1:1,366 chance of the egg being shiny.

In my personal experience this is true as well. I was collecting box upon box upon box of Houndours, and I think the total number of eggs hatched before I turned my DS off was around 800 - no shiny.

Then, a while later, I turned my DS on and collected 10 boxes (300 eggs) and started hatching. Egg 28 was the shiny, just after turning my DS back on, and I still had 272 more to hatch after that, and I was slightly irritated with grinding my way through that many eggs. For that reason, I only collect 100 eggs at a time now. I figure it's a nice, round number that's easy to keep track of. I'm at 900 hatched now, and I simply collect 100 and start hatching, this way if one hatches anywhere in this 100 eggs I simply count how many are LEFT to be hatched and I have my number.

Easy, huh?

Either way you want to do it, STAY PATIENT. People tend to get discourage (myself included) when hatching and hatching and hatching and hatching, and also know that just because the odds are 1:1,366 doesn't mean you're guaranteed a shiny in that first 1,366.

See my (and lots of other users') signature if you don't believe me.

:D

GreatGonzales
27th July 2012, 5:03 PM
Hey I'm new to this whole shiny hunting thing. My goal is to get a shiny piplup in either pokemon diamond/platinum or in pokemon white. What's the best way to go about this?

Well, seeing as piplup is a starter, you could start with soft resetting, which is basically saving in front of the spot where you recieve your starter and resetting until you get a shiny.

I currently have a foreign charizard, but I don't know if I have the patience for hatching a shiny. I tried SRing for a shiny mudkip in emerald, but I ran out of patience very fast.

Can someone explain all of the shiny lingo to me? MM? RE? What is that?

Scot_82
27th July 2012, 5:24 PM

MM= Masuda Method
RE=Random Encounter

cocoadragon
27th July 2012, 5:30 PM
heres all the methods to finding a shiny

SR- soft resetting- resting the game for a stationary pokemon to shine
RE- random encounters- running around in gras caves water until you encounter a shiny
MM- masuda method- hatching eggs by using a pokemon from a different country with yours until one hatches shiny
Chain- using the pokeradar a version exclusive item only found in diamond,pearl and platinum
trade- going on the gts or with friends and trade for them

Supremacy
27th July 2012, 5:30 PM

SR'ing for starters in those games is pretty slow, you're better off MM'ing for it in black or white, good luck!

*PKMN Trainer Paddy*
27th July 2012, 6:19 PM
Hey guys congrats and good luck to all as usual. Aqua still no luck with your starter? @ the above posts i personally find rng too complicated and too much like cheating, also try to stay on topic. My black version hasnt heard of beginners luck @ 750 eggs and no turquoise treecko still strong though! Shine 4 me soon, as for the next MM hunt i was thinking turtwig but i really am starting to like other shinies so im either picking up my zorua hunt(@465 eggs) or starting a vulpix or charmander hunt.

*PKMN Trainer Paddy*
27th July 2012, 6:21 PM
Hey guys congrats and good luck to all as usual. Aqua still no luck with your starter? @ the above posts i personally find rng too complicated and too much like cheating, also try to stay on topic. My black version hasnt heard of beginners luck @ 750 eggs and no turquoise treecko still strong though! Shine 4 me soon, as for the next MM hunt i was thinking turtwig but i really am starting to like other shinies so im either picking up my zorua hunt(@465 eggs) or starting a vulpix or charmander hunt.

Dangertrout
27th July 2012, 6:30 PM

Shutting power off will reseed your RNG (It's not truly random, the string of number is always the same but where it starts in the string is determined when you power on)
BUT there are things that you do that skips over numbers. So unless you're abusing the RNG, you don't necessarily have a better chance at hitting a shiny if you leave the power on. You could easily skip over it, just by your character moving a couple steps.

ShinyHaxorus
27th July 2012, 7:06 PM
I'm on my first MM shiny hunt after I got my japanese ditto today off the GTS, looking for a shiny axew with a adamant nature, I'm 13 eggs hatched in..nothing yet but 13 regular axews with adament nature if anyone wants one let me know

Shiny Lord
27th July 2012, 7:43 PM
ShinyHaxorus you do know you can get an automatic shiny Haxorus in Pokemon White 2 and Black 2. You just have to see all the pokemon in the Unova pokedex. You could soft reset until you catch an adamant natured one.

JohnNiles
27th July 2012, 8:00 PM
While we're on the subject of shinies and B/W 2, is anyone tempted to hold off until they're released? I kinda want shinies now, regardless of the new games' benefits.

edit: I mean benefits like 100% nature inheritance with Everstone, the charms to encounter shinies more frequently, the automatic shinies, and anything I haven't heard of yet.

Dangertrout
27th July 2012, 8:10 PM
While they give out a shiny haxxorus in the new games, you don't get the shiny dex data for axew and fraxure. So, I would also be inclined to breed an axew.
@JohnNiles, I'm actually trying to get as much of the Kanto dex in shiny form as I can before the new games come out. A little side-tracked with the birthday Drilbur right now, but once I finish that it's back to Rattata and Spearow hunting for me. I'm one of those people who like to do things before the nerf as much as possible.

Crimson_Blazer
27th July 2012, 9:29 PM
No new shinies, but i did IV checks on some of my shinies, most were poor or average, but these two were my best
http://i466.photobucket.com/albums/rr22/burrut90/568d1b43.jpg
http://i466.photobucket.com/albums/rr22/burrut90/90f69daf.jpg

Rennluvz
27th July 2012, 9:36 PM
I have a few questions that no one seems to answer for the masuda method-

1. If you go into a battle/save/go into a room other than a daycare/fly, does it reset your chance of getting a Shiny?
2. What are the chances that you don't get a shiny after getting 1366 eggs and hatching them all
3. Is there any better way to get Shinies on Black/White?
4. If you change the pokemon your breeding, does it reset your chances?

AquaRegisteel
27th July 2012, 9:44 PM
1. Untrue, it doesn't. Walking can make you miss a shiny, so not really.
2. 1/1366 is a probability. It won't always happen after 1365 eggs, so it can happen anytime.
3. No, there isn't. However, BW2 has the Shining Charm that cuts the probability down to 1/1028?
4. Of course not.

TheMaster327
27th July 2012, 10:19 PM
1. Untrue, it doesn't. Walking can make you miss a shiny, so not really.
2. 1/1366 is a probability. It won't always happen after 1365 eggs, so it can happen anytime.
3. No, there isn't. However, BW2 has the Shining Charm that cuts the probability down to 1/1028?
4. Of course not.

1/1,024, actually... Flipped a coin on my way home from work tonight to see what I'd be doing (heads - Turnback Cave SRing, tails - egg gathering). It was tails, so guess what I'm doing...?

ohjeezitskim
27th July 2012, 10:57 PM
It isn't RGN btw, it's RNG.

Anyways. This is true in a sense, but RNG is based on time. RNG is basically centred around the DS clock, and if you adjust it to certain times, you can find shinies and flawless pokemon. However, some hunters call it a form of cheating for shinies, but some can RNG but prefer to naturally hunt for shinies.

Ah, yeah sorry I know it's RNG - I just sometimes say it backwards in my head lol I don't plan to use that program because I feel like it's cheating as well.

And thank you to danger and yncrn for answering too!

Floette
27th July 2012, 11:44 PM
I'm one of those people who like to do things before the nerf as much as possible.

I am also one of those people, but my question is are you referring to the shining charm in BW2? Because it seems pretty difficult to obtain, I don't really see it as too big of a nerf. Well, it is definitely more of a nerf for RE than MMing, but still.

Moving on, Hatched 106 total Castform eggs. It seems to be taking a lot longer because they take almost 2x the steps for hatching than my last hunt. I still have 7 more boxes to hatch before another egg collecting spree.

I am really excited about this hunt because you don't see shiny Castforms often :)

Oh and @JohnNiles - 100% Everstone nature is a nice perk, but not something that I feel the need to wait months without MMing for. The gift shinies are cheap and I don't count them as actual shiny targets. The shining charm takes a long time to get and most of my current hunts are MM, where the shining charm's impact is significantly less than its impact on RE hunts.

Going to take a break of hatching for a bit and then back to it tonight. I am trying to get this shiny before I go away on holiday in a week. Looking for those bright yellow eyes on castform =p

jellywolffy
28th July 2012, 12:20 AM
Will you guys consider using the shiny charm as cheating? Just curious.

For my hunt, still gathering sandslash eggs.

Wishing Star
28th July 2012, 12:29 AM
Will you guys consider using the shiny charm as cheating? Just curious.

For my hunt, still gathering sandslash eggs.

I personally don't consider it cheating, primarily for two main reasons:
a. You've already worked hard for it. After catching the 638 required Pokémon (it is 638, I'm pretty sure), it's a reward that you deserve. And even if you hack it into your game...
b. The satisfaction of getting a shiny varies from person to person. One person may feel great after catching a shiny using the Shiny Charm, while another may not feel as happy unless they caught it with the 1/8192 chance.

As for me, I think getting a shiny in of itself is awesome. It doesn't matter whether it was a 1/1024 or 1/8192 chance; the fact that I still have a new shiny makes me happy for the day. (:

JohnNiles
28th July 2012, 12:42 AM
I wouldn't consider it cheating, but I won't use it for the pokemon whose nature/abilities/skills I want to tinker with.

Now that I know the requirement for getting it, I think it's terribly ironic. I was sort of saving one of my carts to have as many shinies as pokedex images as possible (if your first catch or encounter, I forget which, is shiny, then its pokedex entry image defaults to shiny). I messed that up somewhat by downloading a bunch of Dream World pokes, and it looks like I won't be doing that for Black 2/White 2.

Shine
28th July 2012, 1:17 AM
Now that I know the requirement for getting it, I think it's terribly ironic. I was sort of saving one of my carts to have as many shinies as pokedex images as possible (if your first catch or encounter, I forget which, is shiny, then its pokedex entry image defaults to shiny). I messed that up somewhat by downloading a bunch of Dream World pokes, and it looks like I won't be doing that for Black 2/White 2.

umm you can change it via the Pokedex itself.

As long as you've obtained the Shiny form, you can change the default sprite displayed on the Pokedex into the Shiny one.

And it's "permanent", the displayed sprite will always be the shiny one until you change it back into the non-shiny one (but why would you do that? :p)

So it actually doesn't matter at all if the first isn't the shiny one, since you can change the Pokedex sprite into the shiny one anyway, as soon as you obtain the shiny form.

anyway, 375 eggs for Squirtle, still no shiny yet.

Dangertrout
28th July 2012, 1:28 AM
I am also one of those people, but my question is are you referring to the shining charm in BW2? Because it seems pretty difficult to obtain, I don't really see it as too big of a nerf. Well, it is definitely more of a nerf for RE than MMing, but still.

Yeah, I'm calling it a nerf, even if it's not that big a difference. And while it IS work to complete a dex, I've been playing since RBY and have all the games from then until now, so it's more a matter of trading for me. Still work, but it's not like i'm starting from scratch.

And, no, I don't consider it cheating. You earn your charm and the right to use it. anyways, I'm sure I'll still have hunts that go up to 4K, even with the charm :p

x-sayrie-x
28th July 2012, 2:04 AM
Been MMing for a shiny Zorua as of late. So far, have about six boxes (haven't been keeping perfect track of the egg count) and no luck. Of course, that's approximately 200 eggs or so, so I'm not very surprised that I haven't encountered one yet.

On another note, I just caught a random-encounter shiny Swanna on Marvelous Bridge, making it my third RE shiny. I seem to have more luck finding shinies via RE than I do MMing XD

StingrayKurt
28th July 2012, 2:50 AM
I'm happy to anounce I have two new shinies! I got bored of hatching eggs and SR for kyurem, so I went chaining again and I got me a male and female shiny dunsparce! For those of you who watch my YouTube channel, I'll have it up soon!
Here's the video: http://m.youtube.com/?reload=7&rdm=m7f5ak453#/watch?feature=plcp&v=-jaepUBLL3g

Kyle Clarthy
28th July 2012, 3:09 AM
I dont know if he posts here, but a youtuber named kaosdarkrai has a female combee, and also went through alot of shinies to get it. I think something like 7 tranquill

While it is nice to find a shiny, I imagine that finding seven of the same shiny when you're after something specific is a nightmare rather than a dream. What an awesome shiny it is, though.

This is slightly different, but one of my favourite Pokemon is Mothim, and I'd love a shiny one. I bred for ages on Platinum, and nothing shone. Then I switched it to Black a year or more later, and luckily hatched a shiny within 25 eggs or so! I prayed it was a male, and to my dismay I found it wasn't. It was quite frustrating, because not only does Wormadam have a pretty lame shiny sprite, I am now paranoid of hunting for it again and finding yet another female. But hey, I guess talking about this sort of stuff with female Combee goes to show that you just have to push on, because if you want something bad enough, you just can't give up or think that way.

Lorde
28th July 2012, 3:57 AM
I took a break from Shiny hunting a few weeks ago, but I'm back in the game (literally). I've decided to work on two hunts this/next month: a Shiny Togepi Masuda Method hunt and a Shiny Lunatone random encounter hunt. I plan to work on the Shiny Togepi hunt first since it seems like it'll be the easiest, and I'll start working on the Shiny Lunatone hunt after I've hatched at least 1,000 Togepi eggs. I've just about completed my Shiny Pokedex, so there isn't much else left for me to cover in the Shiny Pokemon department.

RaichuArcanine
28th July 2012, 4:49 AM
I'm up to 49 eggs on my Purrloin MM. Hoping for a quick hunt!

~RaichuArcanine~

Kyle Clarthy
28th July 2012, 6:54 AM
I was just browsing the net and I came across someone who posted this:

"Looks like I'll be releasing my Masuda Method shinies, seeing as they are not 'true' shinies."

I can't tell if they're being serious or not, but I was wondering: Do people really think this way? If so, wow ... I don't really know what to say about that.

I have a few MM shinies. They're as special to me as any other, and some of them took so long to appear, countless hours of hatching. And on the other hand, I've had random encounter shinies that appeared within a few encounters. I just don't know what to think anymore. I mean, my shiny Pokemon are always going to be special to me, but why does it seem that so many people seem to be competing or seem to care what others think? I find it a little absurd.

Does anyone have any thoughts?

Floette
28th July 2012, 7:02 AM

"Looks like I'll be releasing my Masuda Method shinies, seeing as they are not 'true' shinies."

I can't tell if they're being serious or not, but I was wondering: Do people really think this way? If so, wow ... I don't really know what to say about that.

I have a few MM shinies. They're as special to me as any other, and some of them took so long to appear, countless hours of hatching. And on the other hand, I've had random encounter shinies that appeared within a few encounters. I just don't know what to think anymore. I mean, my shiny Pokemon are always going to be special to me, but why does it seem that so many people seem to be competing or seem to care what others think? I find it a little absurd.

That is pretty absurd. MM is completely legitimate, but I guess some people are just really picky. If this person actually does this, they will most likely end up regretting it. I know I would..

People are just getting all worked up with MM and the Shining Charm and what is legit and what isn't- its a lot of drama. IMO, I just want my shinies to be non-hacked, non-RNG'ed, and not traded for (must have OT from one of MY games, so I must have obtained it myself.)

People will hopefully calm down about all of this and things will settle down.

I've been hatching eggs ALL night and have reached 280 Castforms hatched with about 1-2 boxes left to hatch. Getting kind of tired, I need to slow my hatching pace down a lot if I want to survive a long hunt.

Good luck to everyone in their shiny endeavors.

master of murkrow
28th July 2012, 7:02 AM

Any shiny that is caught in a legit way(SR-MM-RE-Event-InGame) on a legit game card is a real shiny.

Jessara
28th July 2012, 7:54 AM

All shinies caught within the game without a cheating device like an AR are legit. I don't care if a person uses MM or a shiny charm, the shiny is still legit and takes effort to get. A while back I considered not counting my chained shinies in my collection but I changed my mind as I caught them with an item within the game, not cheating or anything. MM is a part of the game and a little bonus that the devs put in for shiny hunters, shouldn't people be happy that they have included little things like this?

So yeah in my opinion, using MM or a shiny charm or any other in-game means for shiny hunting is not cheating and people should enjoy the shinies they get through those methods and not worry about what others think. I'm sure most people are hunting shinies for themselves, not to impress others, if you're happy with your shiny, that's all that matters :) Sorry, rambled on a bit there :p

Just want to add that my Chargestone Cave hunt is still ongoing and is now at 7723 REs, I'm still hopeful that something will shine one day soon.

ShinyHaxorus
28th July 2012, 2:35 PM
I've got to say my thoughts on the method of MM. Having not been into the whole shiny thing in previous games I thought I'd try my hand at it in black/white and I've been hatching Axew eggs since last night (32 hatched no shiny) to me it's 100% legit you've got to put a whole load of work in to get one and IMO if the shiny charm is given in game then whats the problem, it's there for a reason!

Also does the whole Magma Armor ability still work with 5th gen? Thanks in advance :)

best of luck with your hunting guys!

RaichuArcanine
28th July 2012, 2:39 PM
@ShinyHaxorus: yes, the magma armour ability still works in the fifth gen. I've been busy hatching Purrloin all day, and now I've hatched 181 with no shine. Fingers crossed I'll get it before I hit the 600 mark. I really want this shiny: Liepard is my favorite 5th gen pokemon, and I LOVE it's shiny form!

~RaichuArcanine~

Ambri
28th July 2012, 2:50 PM
Yay, a new thread~ Congrats on all the recent shines everyone, including the ones from the end of the last thread!

After levelling up my main team a lot I started my Multihunt for Tepig/Snivy the other day. I've only hatched 30 eggs for Tepig so far, cause I've mainly gone back to focusing on my 4th Gen Groudon hunt for now to try and get a lot further with it :3.

If anyone's getting bored or has trouble focusing on their hunts, I think watching the Olympics while you're doing them could make it a bit funner XD I managed to do about 200 resets just watching the opening ceremony on TV last night!

Good luck everyone! ^_^

SnazzySwampert
28th July 2012, 3:42 PM
I've started a bunch of hunts on my english White version. One is shiny Kyurem, the second is shiny Volcarona and lastly shiny Aron. This could take a while...

Floette
28th July 2012, 3:48 PM
Looks like I had another stroke of luck :3

I went to bed last night with 280 eggs hatched. I got up this morning with the intention of not picking up my hunt again until tonight, when I decided to hatch my way up to 300 total eggs. Thats when on the 281'st egg, Castform developed blazing yellow eyes peering into my very soul :o

So, this has been my 2nd successful MM.

I will now EV train my Zubat and Castform and then pick up with another hunt :D

I will try to attach a picture of the Castform, but my computer and camera and both meh so I don't know if it will work. If someone could clarify whether or not my attachment worked for them that would be great =p 5392

P.S- I nicknamed my shiny Castform "Cloud", which is really quite an awful nickname.. any suggestions?

I am also quite pleased that it turned out to be a Modest Female like I hoped.

http://media.pldh.net/pokemon/gen5/blackwhite_shiny/351.png (shiny castform sprite :D)

Also, grats on Sableye, Cocoadragon

cocoadragon
28th July 2012, 5:06 PM
omg omg omg shiny sableye after 2852 encounters yay!!!!

will edit and post pics later

http://i47.*******.com/2gxo6ck.jpg

gratz to pocketmonstre on shiny castform

AquaRegisteel
28th July 2012, 5:50 PM
Congrats cocoadragon! What's your next hunt afterwards? But still, I hope I get my Pinwheel Forest shiny before 3,000 REs.

Just looked at cocoadragon's sig and realised that I've done more than twice the amount of SRs that the Meganium shone at...

2rsa
28th July 2012, 5:58 PM
Wow,Congratz pocket monstre and coacoadragon.^-^
You guys make me wanna collect and hatch more!Even tho i'm really busy these days.X_X
I'm @ 550 eggs for Cynda and i'm going too collect 15 boxes of eggs before i start hatching again.I know thats a lot.:D

cocoadragon
28th July 2012, 6:00 PM
will try to get better pic as for my next hunt hmm might start my first MM for a shiny lunatone

Landroval
28th July 2012, 6:01 PM
I came a bit late to the Black/White party since I just bought White a week ago. So far on my first play through I have had 2 RE's with shinys. The first was a deerling that didn't end well (Flame body = not a good idea). The second was a shiny Liepard outside Opelucid City that I did manage to get. Now I am trying to hatch a shiny charmander so I can evolve it to Charizard.

PS: Yay first post on the forum.

KittyKitty3308
28th July 2012, 7:30 PM
Congratz on Sableye and Castform! It seems like everyone is getting their targets! (But me of course) :( Up to 12,320 in Giant Chasm. Why wont you shine Ditto/Metang?!?!?! Urgh! I wanna move on to my Sneasel MM hunt already!

Cutty
28th July 2012, 7:55 PM
I count my chained shinies separately from my MM, RE or SR shinies not because I think them less valuable.
But more b/c the two groups have a large collection. I don't even count random shinies from non sparkled patches as 1/8219 shiny like some of you cuz it's still involving chaining.

No, I don't see Shining Charm as a form of cheating either but I'm not gonna use it as I don't have problem finding shinies w/out it. I mean, tbh I'm curious too, if someday I decide to have it, I will definitely say something like I got this shiny using Shining Charm, etc. It will become my third large collection. But still, I don't find it easy to complete the dex.

My current hunts in 5th gen: 4,500 REs in Desert Resort JPN W2 & 900 REs in Cold Storage JPN BLCK.

Supremacy
28th July 2012, 8:03 PM
Gratz again on the shiny Sableye and winning our race cocoadragon hopefully something shines for me soon, over 5k encounters now. Also gratz on that Castform, beautiful shiny!

2rsa
28th July 2012, 8:06 PM
I'm actually excited about shiny charm.Not be cause of the shinies but be cause it will be my first time completing my pokedex.And we have to actually catch all the pokemon to get that thing so for me it would be a great challenge.^-^
I played since pearl but i never had GBA games or wifi to complete my pokedex.This will be the first.

StingrayKurt
28th July 2012, 10:45 PM
I got me an awesome forest green Cubone using poke radar, you can watch it here! http://m.youtube.com/?reload=7&rdm=m7f5ak453#/watch?v=7Xvp6WQ1A48

KittyKitty3308
28th July 2012, 10:53 PM
YES!!! YES!!! YES!!! After 12,589 encounters in the Giant Chasm, I finally got my shiny!!! Here it is...
My shiny blue Ditto!!5399

It is a mild nature and has good endurance. So excited! Now to continue my Sneasel hunt that I put off since last summer! 900 eggs was put into my Sneasel hunt last summer, lets see how long it will take and if I can get my pink Sneasel before I go back to school on the 18th!

Good luck everyone! I am so glad because this was the shiny I have been going for! (And Metang of course!)

AquaRegisteel
28th July 2012, 10:55 PM
Yeah, that is a cool shiny there! At least it finally hatched, congratulations.

Haven't started up my Pinwheel Forest hunt due to other hunts.

HOLY CRAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I cannot believe my eyes. I Have finally found a shiny starter, and it happens to be a Chikorita!

I absolutely cannot believe it!!!! I must thank cocoadragon and dan2point5 for the inspiration and motivation. You two have helped me so much, I couldn't have got this without you two, thank you! It appeared after 15,552 Starters seen and 5,184 SRs! I cannot believe it at all! I don't mind it being Chikorita! Longest hunt is over!

andyhaj
29th July 2012, 12:07 AM
Ok, so... I started my hunt for a shiny Carvanha. The first 120 eggs didn't give me anything, so I stocked up four more boxes. I just started hatching them, and this came after 8 eggs into this batch. That brings the hunt to 128 eggs :)
As you can see, it's Hardy natured, which neutral, right? Well, the Everstone trick didn't work...

I still got almost four boxes left, so you don't know if I get some more. After all, I did with Shellder :)

http://i1072.photobucket.com/albums/w366/andyhaj/IMAG0106.jpg?t=1343512921

Not sure what to go for next. I want to MM Togepi, Castform, Geodude and Ponyta. But not sure which to go for...

Floette
29th July 2012, 12:07 AM
Wow, congrats to everyone :D Nice shiny ditto kitty, I love its nickname. Lots of shinies today hehe.

Also thanks for the congratulations on the castform. I will be picking up another undecided hunt immediately after getting her EV trained =p

cocoadragon
29th July 2012, 12:14 AM
congratz join teh club kitty :P i also got shiny ditto from giant chasm

my next hunt will be in 4th gen will be mming lunatone next time i get a shiny in white

KittyKitty3308
29th July 2012, 12:27 AM
Wow, congrats to everyone :D Nice shiny ditto kitty, I love its nickname. Lots of shinies today hehe.

Also thanks for the congratulations on the castform. I will be picking up another undecided hunt immediately after getting her EV trained =p

Hahaha. I named it T-Swagga-G because I told my friend Taylor that I was gonna name my next shiny after her and it was the first funny and random nickname that I came up with that would match her name. xP Whenever I get my Sneasel, I am naming it "DJ K MAC" and my Aipom will be "BeffaB****" (Can't quite show the full name for obvious reasons). They are all nicknames for my friends that I will be rooming with for my last semester of college!

And thanks cocoa! It took FOREVER!!!!

And congrats on the Cubone Kurt and Aqua for the Chikorita! (you were going for Cyndaquil though, right?)

master of murkrow
29th July 2012, 12:28 AM
Yeah, that is a cool shiny there! At least it finally hatched, congratulations.

Haven't started up my Pinwheel Forest hunt due to other hunts.

HOLY CRAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I cannot believe my eyes. I Have finally found a shiny starter, and it happens to be a Chikorita!

I absolutely cannot believe it!!!! I must thank cocoadragon and dan2point5 for the inspiration and motivation. You two have helped me so much, I couldn't have got this without you two, thank you! It appeared after 15,552 Starters seen and 5,184 SRs! I cannot believe it at all! I don't mind it being Chikorita! Longest hunt is over!

congratz! its a nice shiny. I got 1 too a few days ago. now im SRing for sudowoodo on HG and MMing for cyndaquill on White

*PKMN Trainer Paddy*
29th July 2012, 1:19 AM
Congratulations! to aquaregisteel finally getting your shiny chickorita, you really deserved it! Good to see cocoadragon back, sableye is an amazing shiny! and to pocketmonstre on your castform, did you now my treecko hunt is taking longer than your zubat and castform hunts combined , @ 811 eggs, boxing up again, no treecko = ( q: how long is your A) shortest and B) longest MM hunt

TheMaster327
29th July 2012, 1:36 AM
Currently hatching the first box of six total boxes. hopefully Tauros will shine, and soon...

Shortest hunt for me - Squirtle - 16 eggs
Longest hunt - Onix - 5,206 eggs

SEGludian
29th July 2012, 2:09 AM
Today I got the shiny charm huzza!

I had to poke-shift from Diamond and trade over nearly everything from an English Pokemon Black to the Japanese Black 2. I decided that My old Japanese Black 1 is going to be my pokedex game, so for that I bred about 400 Axews, no shinies found. I has previously bred over 1,000 pokemon trying to get the Masuda method to work without luck. Now that I have the shiny charm, hopefully I'll have something to report soon. I am thinking of going back to hunt for Venipede or trying to breed Larvesta again.

Kyle Clarthy
29th July 2012, 2:10 AM
Looks like I had another stroke of luck :3

... on the 281'st egg, Castform developed blazing yellow eyes peering into my very soul :o

P.S- I nicknamed my shiny Castform "Cloud", which is really quite an awful nickname.. any suggestions?

Nice one, PocketMonstre! I haven't really seen many Castform, let alone shiny ones. As for nicknames, I find it best to first go to something like Bulbapedia or somewhere that not only breaks down the name, but also has a lot of information about the particular Pokemon in regards to its behaviour or description. Then I load up Wikipedia and put in anything that may have a link to the Pokemon, or use Thesaurus.com.

Here are a few suggestions that you don't have to use, but might give you some inspiration.

Fogg
Foggi
Raine
Summer
Hailey
Sunny
Popo
Celly
Misty :P
Droplet
Cloud :P
Cumulus
Stratus
Nimbus
Puff
Puffy
Puffcuddle
Alto
Altos
Cirros
Fluffstuff
Cotton
Droplette
Dew
Flamette
CliMate
Aurora

That only took me a few minutes. I admit that some are pretty dopey, but oh well! :P Maybe there's something there that catches your eye or gives you something to work with or whatever. Good luck! Let us know what you choose.

Also, congratulations to Cocoadragon on that beautiful Sableye! I love that little thing.

15 boxes, 2rsa?! Good luck ... I give you permission to scream if there's nothing in there.

Good job catching that Liepard, Landroval! Sorry to hear about the Deerling. Things like that are something that happens to a lot of people because we're too excited and don't anticipate them. Are you going to reclaim it?

And a big congrats to Kittykitty! Finallyfinally! ;)

Landroval
29th July 2012, 2:17 AM
Right now I'm mass producing charmanders so I can eventually get the shiny Charizard.

I'm just trying to collect shinies, I'm not picky on the stats.

master of murkrow
29th July 2012, 2:42 AM
I have some nice tips to fight boredom and discourage on a long hunt.

-(SR)put in your latest SR shiny as your first pokemon. then when feeling discouraged you just wait a few sec. and when you see the sparkle you get new hope.
-(SR-MM) watch a movie during your hunt and only look briefly at the screeen.
-(SR-MM) watch youtube videos of suceeded shiny hunts.