PDA

View Full Version : oh my god.

CathyHooves
26th July 2012, 2:11 PM
So elite four maoule dme into the ground.
I realized what a noooooooooooob I am.

So hi! I was educating myself here on this fine website and now I decided to join the forum to find friends and learn some more. I love this game so much it's ridiculous. I won't even tell you how old I am... but I'll reveal I'm the idiot who got their kid a pokemon white and herself a pokemon black and damn, I know yer laughing at me
(to clarify things: I am not THAT old. Just maybe to old to obsess over getting a happy swadloon so I can teach it False Swipe.)

Okay, so, that is it, I look forward to lurchin' about here! Not lurching ;480; I don't wanna sound creepy.

Electricbluewolf
26th July 2012, 2:30 PM
Hello there sweetie-belle, welcome to the forums~

If you have any question, do be afraid to ask me or any other friendly pony round here~

Make sure you've read the rules etc, and have fun!

(Oh, and if I were you, I would make your sig a bit smaller)

RaZoR LeAf
26th July 2012, 3:37 PM
I wouldn't concern yourself with your age, a lot of people here are in their late 20's, and there's probably quite a few older than that too.

TheFonz
27th July 2012, 3:48 AM
Exactly, age doesn't matter with Pokémon! Have fun and enjoy the game :) and welcome to Serebii!
(Btw why would you want a Swadloon with False Swipe?)

TeamRocketGrunt
27th July 2012, 3:50 AM
Ohai thar pal.

Darato
27th July 2012, 6:41 AM
Welcome to sppf!

If you need any help or just want a friend feel free to ask me.

L.F.D.

G50
28th July 2012, 7:30 AM
Hello CathyHooves, Welcome to the Forums! :)

Make sure you get acquainted with the FAQs, rules, and stickies of the Forums and sections. ™

If you have any questions, feel free to ask. ™

RogueLapras
30th July 2012, 3:11 AM
Welcome to the forums!

Age doesn't matter at all. Nowdays the majority of people I know plays video games. Some are kids and some are a lot older than me. Video games are just a great past-time. I am in my 20's and have liked Pokemon ever since it came out in like '95 or '96.

Anyway, these forums are a great place to trade, battle, and talk about Pokemon. If you have any questions or just want to chat send me a message and/or a friend request.

I hope you have a great time here.

Tuskie Tyrant Yoko Kurama
30th July 2012, 3:36 AM
Welcome to Serebii, it's cool to find a parent who plays Pokemon. :)

Skytorn
30th July 2012, 4:05 PM
Welcome. I see your a brony /)(\.

Read the rules, FAQ, etc.

CathyHooves
1st August 2012, 6:58 AM
I am happy people see it this way, that with pokekon age does not matter. I played my first game when I was twenty... now it is ten years later and I feel so cool trying to play with my kid.

Sorry for the late answer, I was a bit too busy this week-
I evolved Swadloon into Leavanny so it could learn the False Swipe in order to catch Cobalion without much fuss. I saw people saying the FS makes it easy and indeed, the fist Dusk Ball caught him when FS got him to 1 (in case someone missed the fact, False Swipe makes a pokemon stat go to 1, not making it faint, which is preeettty preeeeettty cool, as Larry David would say)

Welcome to the forums!

Age doesn't matter at all. Nowdays the majority of people I know plays video games. Some are kids and some are a lot older than me. Video games are just a great past-time. I am in my 20's and have liked Pokemon ever since it came out in like '95 or '96.

Anyway, these forums are a great place to trade, battle, and talk about Pokemon. If you have any questions or just want to chat send me a message and/or a friend request.

Thanks so much! I sent you an F/R!

It is kind of mind blowing to explain Pokemon to a small kid. I have to say things like:

'Oh, but the pokemon didn't get hurt, they are friends, they just exercise together and the other got tired, because yours is stronger now'

or

'Don't think the other Pokemon is stupid, you lost because the other Pokemon was a bit stronger, so what?'

all cutie cutie. Just imagine a kids face all pudgy and innocent when there's like a Flame Charge and the other Pokemon gets burned and the kid goes all 'oooh oh, oh poor baby'

I am so much brony it hurts . Happy to sww a spazzing Twilight (love the signature, btw!), always makes me feel NORMAL to see her like that. ;)

Again sorry to say hi a week after I posted the msg, but it gave me much of the feels to see the replies.

CathyHooves
1st August 2012, 7:01 AM
I am happy people see it this way, that with pokekon age does not matter. I played my first game when I was twenty... now it is ten years later and I feel so cool trying to play with my kid.

Sorry for the late answer, I was a bit too busy this week-
I evolved Swadloon into Leavanny so it could learn the False Swipe in order to catch Cobalion without much fuss. I saw people saying the FS makes it easy and indeed, the fist Dusk Ball caught him when FS got him to 1 (in case someone missed the fact, False Swipe makes a pokemon stat go to 1, not making it faint, which is preeettty preeeeettty cool, as Larry David would say)

Welcome to the forums!

Thanks so much! I sent you an F/R!

It is kind of mind blowing to explain Pokemon to a small kid. I have to say things like:

'Oh, but the pokemon didn't get hurt, they are friends, they just exercise together and the other got tired, because yours is stronger now'

or

'Don't think the other Pokemon is stupid, you lost because the other Pokemon was a bit stronger, so what?'

all cutie cutie. Just imagine a kids face all pudgy and innocent when there's like a Flame Charge and the other Pokemon gets burned and the kid goes all 'oooh oh, oh poor baby'

I am so much brony it hurts . Happy to sww a spazzing Twilight (love the signature, btw!), always makes me feel NORMAL to see her like that. ;)

Again sorry to say hi a week after I posted the msg, but it gave me much of the feels to see the replies.

Make sure you've read the rules etc, and have fun!

(Oh, and if I were you, I would make your sig a bit smaller)

Thank you for the advice!

White_Roar~
1st August 2012, 7:29 AM
Hi CatyHooves! I'm Ducklett12 and like everyone said it doesn't matter if you're 60 years old and you're playing Pokemon, anyone can play it just have fun.

But anyway, Have Fun at the Forums, feel free to add me as a friend, and if you have any questions ask a Ninetales such as me or anyone else on Serebii XD

Remorph
1st August 2012, 8:11 AM
I'm 16, and I know a lot of the competitive side of Pokemon. If you need anything, lemme know, k?

CathyHooves
5th August 2012, 1:24 PM
Hi CatyHooves! I'm Ducklett12 and like everyone said it doesn't matter if you're 60 years old and you're playing Pokemon, anyone can play it just have fun.

But anyway, Have Fun at the Forums, feel free to add me as a friend, and if you have any questions ask a Ninetales such as me or anyone else on Serebii XD

Thanks!
I will add you, and oooh breeding cub *saucer eyes*!

I'm 16, and I know a lot of the competitive side of Pokemon. If you need anything, lemme know, k?

Thanks a lot, I will use your offer :)

I wanted to ask, and i know this is an introduction thread but where do I ask questions of the likes ( I mean, the Seneral Discussion thread is oka for such? I feel like it would be spamming?)

How to trade Pokemon from generations 1-4 without having many friends on PalPad? (the Pokemon list on the GTS is limited to the 5th gen on the Black I play)

How/ where to make PalPad friends and how to learn the you know, protocols of behavior, trading, also what else one can do with this thing? Is it good only for the Union Room or can you play with friends on the Subway in B/W?

I am grazing tough the forums and it i still a lot to take in, if someone could help me I would appreciate, if not, surely sooner or later I will figure it out so NP.

Pokeshipper:)
5th August 2012, 2:27 PM
Hello and welcome to the forums!!!!!

I promise you that you will have a marvelous time posting in the forums!!!!!

Add me as a friend!!!

CathyHooves
5th August 2012, 4:00 PM
Hello and welcome to the forums!!!!!

I promise you that you will have a marvelous time posting in the forums!!!!!

Add me as a friend!!!

Done! Love enthusiastic people, really, sugar of my life!