PDA

View Full Version : Rate my first team UU

FlyingSlowbro
27th July 2012, 9:47 PM
Ok so I'm new to competitive battling, as in I have never done it before. So I decided to make my first UU team using the knowledge I have obtained on this website and many others. Please leave suggestions!!

Slowbro @ Leftovers
Ability: Own Tempo
252Def , 212 hp, 44 SpA
Nature: Bold
Slack off
Icebeam
Surf
Focus Blast

So when I started to look at Pokemon for my team, I already had a bold slowpoke that I hadn't trained yet. I thought he might be good against other High Attackers in the UU tier such as Aggron and Blaziken because of type advantage. Plus Slowbro's SpA is not bad so i believe that his Surf could easily dominate them. The only other Pokemon I would have to worry about is Absol, which is why I put Focus Blase on Slowbro for coverage. That is also the reason I have Ice Beam, for even more coverage. Its also a Plus that Slowbro is my favorite pokemon :D

Claydol @ Lum Berry ;344;
Ability: Levitate
252 Hp, 144 SpD, 112 Atk
Nature: Sassy
EQ
Rapid Spin
Stealth Rock
Explosion

Claydol is my Rapid Spin/Steath Rocker thats I will be using to support my team. Plus I am also using him as s Special Wall of some sort. EQ is just a good STAB move and Explosion... well its just good that Claydol can go BOOM.

Hitmonlee @ Life Orb ;106;
Ability: Limber
252 Atk, 252 Spe, 4 HP
Nature: Adamant
Close Combat
Stone Edge
Blaze Kick
Match Punch

Ok her come the part that I'm not entirely sure about. This is my first team ever, and I haven't been playing for a long time so bare with me. Close Combat is just a great STAB move, and Stone Edge is for coverage. I Just think its awesome that Hitmonlee can learn Blaze Kick. Mach Punch is just so Hitmonlee can attack first sometime because its Adamant, not jolly, so im sure lots of pokemon that can out speed him.

Alakazam @ Expert Belt ;065;
Ability: Synchronize
252 SpA, 252 Spe, 4 HP
Nature: Timid
Focus Blast
Physic
Shadow Ball
Grass Knot

Alakazam will be one of my Special Sweepers/ Revenge Killer? I was researching online about move sets and tried to make some of my own but this one seemed to be the best. Physic is for his STAB move and Focus Blast and Shadow Ball just to show off Alakazams great SpA. Grass Knot I chose to take care of the bulky ground and water types that he might have to go against.

Kabutops @ Choice Scarf ;141;
Ability: Battle Armor
252 Atk, 252 Spe, 4 HP
Nature: Jolly
Waterfall
Swords Dance
Rock Slide
Low Kick

This is my second Physical Attacker/ I just wanted to out speed most pokemon I go against with Kabutops, which is why he is Jolly, not adamant. Plus with Swords Dance set up Kabutops will be a force to be reckoned with. Water fall is a great STAB along with Rock Slide. I chose Rock Slide over Stone Edge is because I love the accuracy, plus with swords dance, Rock Slide will be just as stone a Stone Edge. Low kick is just a filler move I guess.

Moltes @ Choice Specs ;146;
Ability: Pressure
252 SpA, 252 Spe, 4SpD
Nature: Modest
Roost
Flamethrower
Air Slash
U-Turn
Finally Motres is my second Special Attacker/Scouter, because I seen alot of teams online that have scouters to look at the opponents Starters, which is the reason it has U-Turn. Air Slash and Flamethrower and goos STAB and roost is just awesome to heal Moltres I guess, so i can use him later on in the match

I know its probably not all that great but again this is my first team I ever put together. So leave suggestions on how i can improve my team. Maybe some strategy ideas or replacement pokemon? Anything will help. Thanks have a nice day

zzzz
8th August 2012, 11:02 PM
Considering no else has offered anything I'll mention a couple things but as a warning I'm just getting into the competitive aspect myself.

I may consider calm mind over focus blast on Slowbro. Allows you to boost sp.att and sp.d along with slack off should make him more difficult to bring down, plus focus blast has shaky accuracy.

With Claydol being your rapid spinner if your opponent tries to block your spin by using a ghost type (most are immune to ground) claydol is pretty much helpless so maybe needs something to hit them.

You might consider aqua jet over low kick on Kabutops to give a little more priority on team.

Hopefully this helps out a little.

Azaki
9th August 2012, 3:03 AM
I would suggest one of your pokemon learn safeguard, toxic and paralysing attacks are very dangerous if the opponent is skilled when using them, especially poison like toxic which could wipe out half your party when going up against a slow to kill wobbufet :\

cooldeadpunk777
24th August 2012, 4:51 AM
I don't do competitive much but instead of Grass Knot on Alakazam try energy ball. Also use wise glasses. Both will help with the special Atk you have.