PDA

View Full Version : how to identify a japanese Red 1.0 game?

Bla7kCaT
28th July 2012, 1:59 PM
hey guys, ive recently been trying to hunt down a japanese Red 1.0 for collectible reasons. the only thing is, theres Red 1.0 and Red 1.1. any japanese Red is hard to track down, so how can i tell which version im getting? are there any indicators?

thanks!

Pingouin7
13th August 2012, 6:01 PM
Here's a picture of a v1.1 of Japanese Yellow. (http://blogimg.goo.ne.jp/user_image/54/f1/bbfedecc2196511679273416b44d0bec.jpg)

See how it says 12A?

The A denotes that it's a v1.1 cartridge. If it was a v1.2, there would be a B. If it was v1.3, there would be a C, and so on.

When a cartridge is v1.0, these small prints on the sticker show no letter, only numbers.

An example being Pokémon Red (English)
There was only one revision of the English Pokémon Red and Blue; thus all English Red/Blue are v1.0
If I take a look at my Red cart, it says "22"

You should ask the seller to take the cartridge and tell you what the printed letters on the sticker say.

(For example, my Japanese Green shows 00A on the sticker, so I know it's a v1.1)

Hassamugarura
24th August 2012, 7:37 PM
Attempt the Dokokashira Door Glitch. If it works, you've got a 1.0.

Hassamugarura
30th August 2012, 12:03 AM
Er...actually, that's incorrect. That also works on 1.1. Never trust the internet, do your own tests >.<"

Bla7kCaT
9th August 2013, 12:25 PM
Here's a picture of a v1.1 of Japanese Yellow. (http://blogimg.goo.ne.jp/user_image/54/f1/bbfedecc2196511679273416b44d0bec.jpg)

See how it says 12A?

The A denotes that it's a v1.1 cartridge. If it was a v1.2, there would be a B. If it was v1.3, there would be a C, and so on.

When a cartridge is v1.0, these small prints on the sticker show no letter, only numbers.

An example being Pokémon Red (English)
There was only one revision of the English Pokémon Red and Blue; thus all English Red/Blue are v1.0
If I take a look at my Red cart, it says "22"

You should ask the seller to take the cartridge and tell you what the printed letters on the sticker say.

(For example, my Japanese Green shows 00A on the sticker, so I know it's a v1.1)

yep, 1 year later i can confirm this is absolutely true. but to elaborate, i wouldnt so much call it "small print", but an extremely light indentation in the paper. you more or less need to hold it near a light, and turn it different ways to get the lighting to make the tiny tiny light indent appear. its not something youll see in pictures

Pingouin7
9th August 2013, 8:39 PM
its not something youll see in pictures

Well you could see it in the picture I linked to in the original post.

RaZoR LeAf
10th August 2013, 3:25 PM
One year later, that's great. Still doesn't mean you can bump a dead thread.