PDA

View Full Version : Persona: Fallen Paradise (Discussion Thread)

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

storymasterb
13th August 2012, 4:04 PM
Approved by Kamotz. Thanks to him for that.

So, I figured we could use one of these, especially since Jean Grey asked about it, and here it is.

I – The Magician: Diego Vendrix + Merlin (DVB)
II – The High Priestess: Drake Lune + Anne Frank (Manaphy Mare)
III – The Empress: Krystal Storm + Gabriel (Aura of Twilight)
IV – The Emperor:
V – The Hierophant:
VI – The Lovers: Carina Dawson + Undine (Ysavvryl)
VII – The Chariot: Danijela Cernik + Typhon (GoldenHouou)
VIII – Justice:
IX – The Hermit: Matthew Clark + Nidhoggr (storymasterb)
X – Wheel of Fortune: Nicolas Harley + Nostradamus (Billy May)
XI – Strength: Alyssa H. Lovelock + Valkyrie (CandleReaper)
XII – The Hanged Man: Cesaire Moreau + Ankou (GoldenHouou)
XIII – Death: Jannike Mortensen + Skoll and Hati (Jean Grey)
XIV – Temperance: Nodoka Hirano + Tsukuyomi (TheSequelReturns)
XV – The Devil: Ian Blackwood + Astaroth (SoulMuse)
XVI – The Tower: Alistair Blake + Mordred (storymasterb)
XVII – The Star: Louise Henrietta DuBois + Jeanne (Blivsey)
XVIII – The Moon: Aika Ichigawa + Arianrhod (Raiden193)
XIX – The Sun: Leonardo Silverstone + Phoenix (Mon1010)

So, basically, this thread is for asking questions about the RPG (so long as they're relevant), plotting out stuff which you feel needs discussing with everyone, and finally I can post here to set you guys on track if I feel I need to.

General direction for now is interactions, and once I think we've done well enough with that, I'll ram us into the plot and start the supernatural stuff by introducing our characters to Avalon.

DVB
13th August 2012, 4:27 PM
We still have some spots open, I see.

storymasterb
13th August 2012, 4:35 PM
Well, Son of Shadows reserved Justice, but his reservation expires tomorrow so we'll have to wait and see on that. I'm not too fussed by it, the nature of things makes it fairly easy for me to drop in new characters if needs be.

Also, everyone's allowed up to two characters, so if anyone wanted to grab any of the open spots for a second character, feel free.

Lost™
13th August 2012, 4:37 PM
We have three Cafes/Bakeries, isn't that... just a little overkill?

Monster Guy
13th August 2012, 4:42 PM
^ Louise mentioned the Bakery first... xD

Maybe I'll take Justice if SoS doesn't get his in time, but I'm not certain about that.

Lost™
13th August 2012, 4:44 PM
True, but my Character' Archtype is Sweet Bakery Owner who will snap your neck in a matter of seconds....

Yea, Alyssa's an OC of mine...

storymasterb
13th August 2012, 4:53 PM
I suggest no more bakeries, but multiple cafes are probably possible. In any case, I had nothing to do with the bakeries *holds up hands*.

And that's fine, Mon1010. I can introduce new characters into things easily enough, since I can just do dreams - blue butterfly - Avalon. Like what I'm doing with everyone else.

Blivsey
13th August 2012, 5:31 PM
Hey, I've got the grandfather clause on the whole "bakeries" thing. Besides, I was imagining mine more as a convenience store for bread, bagels, etc. than a pastry shop. I do agree, though, that we're at full saturation on those. A bakery, bakery/pastry shop and a cafe all at once is more than plenty. What we've got now could turn into a sort of shop rivalry, though...

So, while we're at it, do we want to decide whose characters are familiar with whom? Or do you guys just want to make it up as we go along? Right now, Louise is friendly with Diego, but I feel like she should have a girl or two to hang out with.

GoldenHouou
13th August 2012, 5:48 PM
Regarding who knows who... Dani just transferred, so it's very likely she doesn't know anyone. Cesaire's been living in the town for two years, so people have probably seen him stalking around and acting creepy, though he isn't too sociable so he most likely has no friends or even acquaintances.

Oh and hey, storymasterb, I've got a question. What sort of spells should we start out with? The basic Dia, Agi, Garu, Tarukaja, etc. or something stronger?

Either way, I'll probably post tomorrow. I've yet to read the posts in the thread too, so Imma go through them first.

storymasterb
13th August 2012, 6:28 PM
Well, on my end, Alistair's reasonably friendly and popular, so he may know various people. Matt's a recluse so most of the cast would likely only know him as that guy who lives in the house on the edge of town.

As for spells, while I'm not strictly going with the Persona spell system, in general terms we'd start with the basics and then 'level up' as we fight more in Avalon and gain more experience.

Monster Guy
13th August 2012, 6:36 PM
Leo's been in Misty Springs for three years, so he can know some people. I gave DVB permission for Leo and Diego to be friends, which works. Also, if it's ok with Ysa, I would also like Leo to know/be friendly with Carina (No, they haven't dated.) I imagine Leo has more female friends than male friends, and her personality seems like it'll work with his. And they have more in common then Leo knows. Hehe. B)

Lost™
13th August 2012, 6:59 PM
Well Alyssa has been living in the town her entire life, so she knows the Local, and everyone knows about the tragedy that befell her, unless they're new. (Which is about everyone's character) Jennike is a regular customer of hers, and she likes to befriend all of her customers.

Billy Mays
13th August 2012, 7:19 PM
Nick has lived in Misty Springs for 16 years, but he's generally only active at night and tends to hang around people his age, so besides Alyssa I'm not sure anyone would recognize him.

DVB
13th August 2012, 7:30 PM
The powr of FRIENDSHIP comppels you

GoldenHouou
13th August 2012, 8:02 PM
@Billy: Well, if Nick moves mostly during nighttime it's entirely possible he and Cesaire have seen each other, if not necessarily interacted; he likes to wander around the town and the local graveyard at nights.

@storymasterb: Ah, that's what I figured about the skills, thanks for clearing that up!

Lost™
13th August 2012, 8:02 PM
Yea, Story, should sometime later in the Role Play have Alyssa explain to anyone who has a character who's only live in the down from 0-4 Years explain her back story? It might be a good story compelling moment

Blivsey
13th August 2012, 8:20 PM
Hmm... Louise has only lived in Misty Springs for two or three months, but she's fairly amiable, so whoever wants to could probably adopt her as a friend. Given current connections, she should at least know Leo to some degree, but other than that she's open.

@CandleReaper: I'm not the GM, but I would suggest that your character only go through their backstory if it becomes directly relevant to whatever's going on. Otherwise, it just feels artificial and shoehorned in. Besides, I think Story mentioned at some point that shadow selves aren't totally out of the question, and any sort of tragedy would make a great breeding ground for a shadow.

storymasterb
13th August 2012, 8:21 PM
Hm, yeah. That's probably a good idea. Hm. Neither of my characters really work with that, since Alistair's been in MS his whole life, and Matt's about the same, bar his reclusiveness and time in college. You'd have to sort it out with someone else.

And ninjad. Blivsey makes a good point about relevance. Also, yeah, I'm still weighing up the idea of Shadow Selves. My big aversion to them is the size of our cast, which means I either spam them at us all at once, or spread them out and have them take a fair amount of time. That said, Shadow Selves fit very well with the idea I had for the overarching villain of this, and would carry on a proud series tradition, heh.

Monster Guy
13th August 2012, 8:35 PM
Shadow Selves would be fun. I imagine Shadow!Leo would be effing scary. xD (Beware the nice ones is my favorite trope. xD) I don't know what he'd be like, though.

Lost™
13th August 2012, 8:44 PM
Well, that would be true, because what's the point of saying something and not having it be relevant to anything at all... I wonder what Shadow!Alyssa would be like if we included them

DVB
13th August 2012, 8:50 PM
Shadoe Diego would be pretty much DX and be one of the most frightening figures

SoulMuse
13th August 2012, 8:55 PM
Well, I would rather not find out what Shadow!Ian would be like. I make messed up enough characters as is...

storymasterb
13th August 2012, 8:59 PM
Well, whether I include them or not is still up in the air. I may well, just because the concept is interesting and could be a good way to bring on some character development (potentially as a fuel for evolved Personae).

As for me, Shadow!Alistair and Shadow!Matt... hm... hard to tell what they'd be like.

Manaphy Mare
13th August 2012, 9:03 PM
Drake probably doesn't know that many people. the more probable ones would be Nodoka (since he is in the top 10 of his class), Leo (since he seems to be fairly social), and Alyssa (he'd be a regular at the bakery). He's probably seen Jennike, but his shyness probably would keep him from interacting with others.

As for Shadow Drake... That could be entertaining, to say the least.

Lost™
13th August 2012, 9:17 PM
A dark and Twisted Alyssa? Okay, that will be interesting... Lol she will have a Hemlock theme if you include Shadow selves, I call it. THis will create an interesting character development point, most likely Alyssa finally realizing to but her darker emotions and past behind her once and for all.

Ysavvryl
13th August 2012, 9:29 PM
I've been busy... and playing Pearl in my free moments. I gotta get off the comp shortly, but I plan to write an intro post this evening.

Carina's sociable and probably fairly popular; I never did decide if she became prom queen or not. She might have dated one of the guy characters, but I'll leave that up to you all to see if that happened. That could make for some interesting interactions. Otherwise, she's friendly with everybody.

Shadow Carina could be hilarious depending on who knows about her secret. Also, I was wondering this the other day... since Avalon's a supernatural realm, would the characters appear as they are or as they perceive themselves to be (like wearing a trademark or favorite outfit)?

Monster Guy
13th August 2012, 9:45 PM
^ Because otherwise, they'd show up in their pajamas. That could cause problems for some people. xD

storymasterb
13th August 2012, 9:54 PM
Perception of how they appear to be. Avalon's within the realm of the subconscious, it works by your self-image with regards to how you appear inside it.

At this point just basically gonna let you guys interact. Still hoping someone pops into the cafe so Alistair has someone to talk to, but I'm not really determined to make that happen. And yeah, in any case, once I feel we've had plenty of good old interaction, we'll be heading into Avalon.

SoulMuse
13th August 2012, 9:59 PM
Hm...maybe I will make Ian head to the cafe. He should get in on the interacting fun.

*Jean Grey*
13th August 2012, 11:07 PM
Wait, pajamas? >.< Well that would be embarrassing for some...especially for guys who wear full sets of striped pajamas. XD

I think a TvTropes page is in order. XD As usual for the RPs I join. XD Give me a while.

SoulMuse
13th August 2012, 11:10 PM
Oh god...

Anway, I will try and see if I can drag Ian to the cafe or something for some interaction later tonight.

storymasterb
13th August 2012, 11:15 PM
Wait, pajamas? >.< Well that would be embarrassing for some...especially for guys who wear full sets of striped pajamas. XD

I think a TvTropes page is in order. XD As usual for the RPs I join. XD Give me a while.

Jean you ninja you. I was just thinking about a TV Tropes page.

Billy Mays
13th August 2012, 11:15 PM
Nick would sleep in his underwear. I don't know if that would be better or worse than him wearing striped pajamas. :/

As for shadow Nick, I can't imagine him being that diffrent from Nick himself, other than being evil and all. Maybe it would take some of his more negitive traits and turn them up to 11? (Oh god, an extremely evil, chaotic, and horny version of Nick! RUN!)

*Jean Grey*
13th August 2012, 11:41 PM
Here we go!~

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/PersonaFallenParadise
http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Characters/PersonaFallenParadise

Trope away! XD I just notice that quite a number of characters have particular animal motifs. XD

Lost™
13th August 2012, 11:46 PM
Jean, thank you for doing that XD. Can you do Alyssa's Tropes Please? I don't have an account...

*Jean Grey*
13th August 2012, 11:50 PM
Sure. XD It's no prob. XD

Lost™
13th August 2012, 11:51 PM
Well, let me PM you what tropes I think would fit her, alright?

Monster Guy
13th August 2012, 11:57 PM
^ It's quite easy to make one. :P

Leo also sleeps in his underwear. Red boxers to be specific. :P Unlike Nick though, it'd probably be fansevice for some people. xD

Yay a Tvtropes. I already have a few tropes to add to Leo.

Aura Of Twilight
13th August 2012, 11:57 PM
Ugh. Sorry I haven't posted yet guys. Currently suffering from a minor writers block and the like. Hopefully I can get one up maybe later tonight or tomorrow.

*Jean Grey*
13th August 2012, 11:58 PM
Janna sleeps in either a black cropped tank and a black thong, a short black silk robe, or in the buff. XD

Eh, underwear and boxers can't be more embarrassing than striped pajamas on a dude! XD

CR: Sure, drop me a PM. XD I know one of tropes is "Something About a Rose" though. XD

Lost™
14th August 2012, 12:03 AM
I PM'd you some more, and I'll go look that one up.

Man, are we obsessing over Tvtropes?

DVB
14th August 2012, 12:22 AM
Very cool, will begin filling out mine when I can

Pir8Heart
14th August 2012, 12:56 AM
Well. When did this thread get here? e.e

Anyway, now that we have a Tvtropes, does this mean Gaias are in order? =3 We need Gaias.

And for the time being, I'm slowly updating Aika's tropes with whatever come to mind. I guess that's all for now.

Monster Guy
14th August 2012, 1:01 AM
^ I'd make Leo's, but Tektek doesn't work on a Wii. :(

The only thing Gaia doesn't have Leo's hairstyle. Which basically looks like Elite Four Aaron's (Hence why I'm using this avatar and usertitle. xD) You can change the colors of Aaron's hair, eyes, and outfit, and you'd have Leo. xD (Use a picture from the anime, manga, or Sugimori art. The Game sprites are awful.)

Billy Mays
14th August 2012, 1:14 AM
Well Nick is slightly based on a character of the same name in Left 4 Dead 2 (his last name is never disclosed though, so I made that up). Only slightly though, I pretty much only took the name, and his appearence is supposed to at least somewhat resemble him.

SoulMuse
14th August 2012, 1:31 AM
Hm...I will let someone else do Ian's tropes, unless I come across somethign that really fits him. Now to actually post something.

Lost™
14th August 2012, 1:49 AM
I feel bad for *Jean Grey*, Alyssa has so many tropes, and I'm sure our characters will get them as we progress....

DVB
14th August 2012, 2:15 AM
Yeah, I will post some as we move on through

*Jean Grey*
14th August 2012, 4:28 AM
Janna's Gaia isn't exactly like her either. XD Her corset is cropped above her stomach and her skirt has no gold chain. XD It was the closest I could get. XD

I added Alyssa's tropes...and also Leo's lion motif and Ian's snake motif. XD

Lost™
14th August 2012, 4:57 AM
Lol, those match her Perfectly. Just to let you guys know, Alyssa is both types of Yandere

Monster Guy
14th August 2012, 4:57 AM
Welp, looks like Leo's headed to Sunrise then. :P

I'll post tomorrow. Typing long posts on a 3DS is annoying. Plus, it's midnight. xD

Lost™
14th August 2012, 4:59 AM
Man these are some of the most conflicting tropes ever, who agrees?

Action Girl
BFS
B!tch in Sheep's Clothing
Break the Cutie
Cool Big Sis
Cordon Bleugh Chef: Has the craziest combinations in her cupcakes, but manages to make them surprisingly tasty.
Dead Little Brother
Dull Eyes of Unhappiness
Fiery Redhead
Ice Queen: Her Persona, Valkyrie
I Will Protect Her: Valkyrie to Alyssa
Something about a Rose
Team Mom
The Mentally Disturbed
Yandere

Blivsey
14th August 2012, 5:46 AM
Hmm... I suppose I can see Louise sleeping in a nightshirt and shorts, so that shouldn't be so embarrassing for her.

Not even past the first page and already we have a Tropes article. It's just the popular thing around here. Will deal with it tomorrow when I have browsing time and it isn't 11PM. Also, Louise already has like four avatars made. Check her profile in the SU thread.

*Jean Grey*
14th August 2012, 6:40 AM
Eh, nothing's embarrassing for a girl. XD It's just bad for a guy to wear striped pajamas because they're so...I don't know...full of terrible implications? XD

TvTropes is just fun...especially when either me or someone else brings it up. XD I'm having a hard time thinking of Janna's tropes myself. Sinister Scythe is a given, as well as Casting a Shadow (with Hati). XD But yeah...XD

GoldenHouou
14th August 2012, 6:41 AM
Dani'd sleep naked like a true mannnn. No idea about Cesaire.

I might just forgo the whole avatar making and draw my characters instead like I usually do. It's a lot easier for me, I'm not that good with 'em avatars. That's more JG's forte.

And ack, I'd like to fill out some tropes, but I've got posts to read and write right now. Will get to adding stuff later.

*Jean Grey*
14th August 2012, 6:47 AM
Eh, don't worry, I'll make their avatars. XD Not too difficult for me, I just have to see what looks good while sticking to their looks. XD

Thought of another trope for Janna...Meaningful name (Jannike Mortensen), which fits given her Arcana. XD

Lost™
14th August 2012, 6:57 AM
*Jean* Since you basically helped revamp Alyssa, I'm sure you can make her looks.

*Jean Grey*
14th August 2012, 7:02 AM
Don't worry about that. XD I'll handle it. XD

I wonder if a scenario where during Leo's birthday, Janna spikes the punch heavily and everyone falls asleep...entering Avalon, is possible. XD

Edit: Mon, can Leo have the trope Combat Medic? XD Phoenix does have both healing and offensive skills. >.>

Billy Mays
14th August 2012, 7:05 AM
In the case someone is going to attempt a picture of Nick, he looks similer to this. He'd look much younger though.

http://images4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb57525/left4dead/images/c/c2/Render-nick.jpg

And another one of his face:

http://media.photobucket.com/image/nick%20left%204%20dead%202/Scotland_no_1/epicface-edit.jpg

As for tropes, I found some luck based ones that might fit Nick:
Born Lucky
The Magic Poker Equation
Tomes of Prophecy and Fate (Nostradamus' choice of weapon)

That's all the ones I got for now. Might find more later.

Lost™
14th August 2012, 7:08 AM
Wait, wouldn't Alyssa have Divine Punishment, if you get on her Emotionless Persona's Bad-Side, also something to do with Lightning...

Manaphy Mare
14th August 2012, 8:39 AM
Jean: I don't have a TV tropes account either, think you could add Drake's tropes for me? Thank you!

Shrinking Violet/ Fragile Flower (I'm not sure which one he fits into more)
White-Haired Pretty Boy
Whip It Good
No Guy Wants an Amazon (Subverted; he uses an Amazoness deck when he plays the Yugioh Card game)
Colectible Card Game (his game of choice being Yugioh)
Insufferable Genius (subverted; he may have been skipped ahead a grade and still in the top 10 of his class, but he doesn't talk to others because he's shy, not because he thinks he's better by being smarter)
I'm sure there are others, I'm just not sure what they are...

Son_of_Shadows
14th August 2012, 9:33 AM
So, as posted in the SU thread, I haven't been able to work on my SU as I've barely been home for a week, so Justice is available for whoever wants it.

TheSequelReturns
14th August 2012, 12:56 PM
Got you covered SoS.

*looks around*

*snags Justice*

*walks away whistling*

Okay, so, seeing as how you guys are progressing along nicely, I'm still trying to skim over the DT.

Nodoka hasn't been in Misty Springs for too long (only a few months, maybe half a year, or so.) But, she has been tutoring high school students for most of that time. So if any of your characters would be the "academically challenged" type or some such, feel free to let me know which of you she should recognize from her tutoring sessions. ^^

*Jean Grey*
14th August 2012, 12:57 PM
Well, Janna is pretty academically-challenged. XD Easy to see that she's not one of the smart ones. XD Plus, the irony of her tutor being much younger than she is. >.>

TheSequelReturns
14th August 2012, 1:07 PM
*adds Janna to the tutor list*

That's one. Expect Nodoka to pester her about her studies for the remainder of the RP. *grins*

Anyone else?

Also going to be working on those Tropes if I have the time. Probably be a few days before I can really get at it though. Gotta get a few other things done first.

GoldenHouou
14th August 2012, 1:20 PM
Hmm, well, Cesaire has been held back a year, so he could have taken a few tutoring classes at some point. He probably had the habit of appearing onto her couch/bedside/behind her out of nowhere a little before or after the agreed time and nonchalantly informing her he was late/early because he spend the entire night with the dead and gosh, time flies when he does that.

Not sure if he'd still be taking classes, maybe every now and then. Could be fun.

TheSequelReturns
14th August 2012, 1:31 PM
Lol, okay. I can take you up on that. *drops another name on the list*

Any other takers?

I'm not going to be sending Nodoka to a bakery (those little shops are getting crowded) so if anyone wants to interact with her at this point, just bump into her (literally, figuratively, whatever works for you). If its later in the day, she'll be holding a rather large watermelon in her arms. ^^

GoldenHouou
14th August 2012, 1:35 PM
Not being sure what to do in my introductory post, I might just take you up on that offer and have Cesaire interact with her. Maybe he could pop up and demand some emergency tutoring as soon as possible because a test is coming up or something. I'm not sure if I can get a post in today though.

TheSequelReturns
14th August 2012, 1:45 PM
I think school's actually ending (I believe its the last day of school/the first day of summer vacation) in the RP. But if he has summer classes or some sort of remedial/make up test or something then it could still work.

Either way, I'd like her to have someone to talk to before the days out. Otherwise I won't have much more to post until I can get my sign-up for Justice in.

GoldenHouou
14th August 2012, 1:51 PM
Ah, right, forgot when the RP was set. Remedial test during summer works.

Now I just need to figure out what to do with Dani. Eh, I'll figure something out and will get a post in today or tomorrow either way.

storymasterb
14th August 2012, 2:18 PM
Empty cafe still waiting for anyone who wants to drift in *flails arms*

And yeah, Houou, RPG starts on the last day of school. We're into summer vacation in-RPG at this point. Also, you can probably expect Olympics to come up at some points, most likely just mentions but damn I am too proud of my country for hosting them so well not to mention them.

SoulMuse
14th August 2012, 2:32 PM
I am working on getting Ian there. Slowly. Keep having ot do other stuff.

GoldenHouou
14th August 2012, 2:46 PM
@storymasterb: Heh, yeah, 'twas my bad. Only reading through the posts now, have been occupied with other stuff 'till now. Will get to posting once I've read up.

SoulMuse
14th August 2012, 2:54 PM
@Storymasterb, what kind of sandwichs and stuff like that does the cafe have?

storymasterb
14th August 2012, 3:38 PM
Sorry about the wait, was out walking dogs.

As for sandwiches and stuff, sandwiches, savouries, small treats. Moving up to salads and smaller cooked meals. Pasties and stuff perhaps, fruit, etc. Maybe stuff with chips. Basically a small-town cafe for tourists is the image I have. It sells a fair amount of stuff but doesn't necessarily run into bakery territory because otherwise we'd have three bakeries and that'd be silly.

SoulMuse
14th August 2012, 3:43 PM
Hm...alright then. I will get Ian to that cafe no, before I have to eat.

Lost™
14th August 2012, 4:12 PM
*Dances around*

*Jean* and I have something planned for some point in the story, and if anyone redaa my first post, Alyssa has a small deli section, consider it the 'normal' part of her bakery. (Which isn't saying much)

*Jean Grey*
14th August 2012, 4:36 PM
Yeah. XD storymasterb and Mon...would it be OK for Alyssa to cater the desserts for Leo's 18th? XD

Monster Guy
14th August 2012, 4:38 PM
Yeah. XD storymasterb and Mon...would it be OK for Alyssa to cater the desserts for Leo's 18th? XD

Sure, Wynaut. xD

Lost™
14th August 2012, 4:44 PM
You guys sure?

*Jean Grey*
14th August 2012, 4:45 PM
Yeah, because we'd like to induce a Mushroom Samba followed by the punch Janna spikes taking effect. XD

Lost™
14th August 2012, 4:50 PM
Also, It would be the Tanetane Island Mushroom Samba

Manaphy Mare
14th August 2012, 5:07 PM
@TSR: I think Drake is more likely be Nodoka's study partner than one of the students she tutors.

@CR: Drake might just "accidentally" use his duel disc and summon a few of his monsters during the party. *begins imagining party's reactions*

Monster Guy
14th August 2012, 5:10 PM
^ They seriously have holographic duel discs now? ._.

Lost™
14th August 2012, 5:10 PM
Waa? How is that even... ???

Mother 3 continues the tradition when the party is forced to eat some strange mushrooms found in the jungle — in this case, it serves as a rather spiteful Journey to the Center of the Mind , as the hallucinogen preys on 'guilts and fears' (the party's dog is the only one not taken in). The events were apparently supposed to be even more horrible, but the creator decided to tone it down. It's still unrefined Nightmare Fuel, though.
Claus: Everyone's waiting, Lucas. Everyone's waiting to spit at you, throw rocks at you, and make your life Hell. Who's "everyone"?... everyone you love.

Just for everyone to expect what will happen

Manaphy Mare
14th August 2012, 5:14 PM
@Mon: Read Drake's history and it'll make sense.

@CR: Oh boy, Drake's gonna have some fun... ( Oh the joys of playing a shrinking violet who can border on fragile flower)

storymasterb
14th August 2012, 5:23 PM
Feel free to have Alyssa cater. Just keep things (relatively) PG-13, I'd rather not have a mod coming after me with a banhammer for breaking my stated content category.

In any case, I think we can keep up the interaction a bit longer before Avalon kicks in. It's just not Persona without the interaction mixed in with supernatural nightmares, after all.

TheSequelReturns
14th August 2012, 5:25 PM
@Manaphy Mare: Don't forget, Nodoka's advanced for her age. She's studying at a second or third year college level. And that's across ALL subjects, not just science or math.

Drake might have some good science down, but is he secure in his World History? Classic Lit? Philosophy? Psychology? Calculus? Japanese? Etc.

Manaphy Mare
14th August 2012, 5:31 PM
@TSR: He's probably pretty solid in Calc and Classic Lit (he is quite a bookworm at times) As well as his sciences. His history and Japanese might be a bit problematic though. He'd probably be the one who has Nodoka tutor him to ensure he maintains his straight-A's (hence why I said they'd probably be closer to study partners).

TheSequelReturns
14th August 2012, 5:36 PM
Hmmm, I'm willing to work with that. Who knows, he could be her "Star Pupil" or something.

*pens another name into Nodoka's address book*

*Jean Grey*
14th August 2012, 6:01 PM
Feel free to have Alyssa cater. Just keep things (relatively) PG-13, I'd rather not have a mod coming after me with a banhammer for breaking my stated content category.

In any case, I think we can keep up the interaction a bit longer before Avalon kicks in. It's just not Persona without the interaction mixed in with supernatural nightmares, after all.

Don't worry 'bout that. CandleReaper would probably think up of a fantasy ingredient that nobody knows causes hallucinations as a side-effect. XD Here's the TvTropes page detailing on that! XD

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/MushroomSamba

Monster Guy
14th August 2012, 7:08 PM
Now, Carina was elected Prom Queen. (Unless Ysa has a problem with this. In which case, I'll edit.) I needed a conversation starter.

Lucy is basically an NPC, but Lilly will be a player character (And Persona user,) once her sign up is finished. xD

storymasterb
14th August 2012, 11:52 PM
So, essentially. All the allowed Arcana are now taken, so we should be at our character quota once these sign-ups are in.

Now, probably just gonna keep up a little bit of interaction. Once I think we've done enough, I'll jump in, close up the interaction between Alistair and Ian at the cafe, and jump Alistair home to go to bed. Go to sleep, dream, blue butterfly, and into Avalon. Once we get into that part, I'll do plotty stuff, and give you some info here on general progression.

I'm also thinking of staggering the order in which people get their Personae, to avoid this mad jumping rush all at once to post people awakening their Personae, which would be awkward. Also, at some point after our first excursion into Avalon, I'll drag in the Velvet Room and Residents to provide EXPOSITION~. Yeah. Get used to there being two fountains of GM EXPOSITION~ here, Matt, and the Residents.

Lost™
15th August 2012, 12:12 AM
Well, we still need Mays and Manaphy to respond for Alyssa's Cupcake Contest, and then after that she'll close up shop.

storymasterb
15th August 2012, 12:20 AM
Hm, okay. Well, there's still the other bakery, but we can deal with that, by GM timeskip if necessary. The cafe stuff can be resolved by GM intervention also so yeah. I'll hold out though, interaction is always good.

Also, we should probably have people noticing each other in town after two or three meetings in Avalon, to clue people in that no, they weren't having a really wacky dream, and Avalon is in fact real. Though the Velvet Room should help with that too.

SoulMuse
15th August 2012, 12:23 AM
Hm....Well then I will need to find reason's to get Ian out of his house. Ah well, that should be fun. and I need to talk to *Jean Gray* about something.

Blivsey
15th August 2012, 12:27 AM
Well, all of the stuff at Sunrise is pretty much idle chatter that Leo/Mon could theoretically wrap up all in one post.

Other than that, if you need help deciding on awakening order, I'll volunteer Louise to be among the last. Honestly, I care little enough to throw myself on that grenade - I can hold off for a bit.

P.S. - I like how Ysavvryl didn't even have to ask or campaign for it, but basically just got Carina promoted to prom queen for him whether he wanted it or not. Also, looking forward to the implications of a male prom queen in drag.

storymasterb
15th August 2012, 12:30 AM
Okay, fair enough.

On my end, Alistair will likely be among the first to awaken his Persona. Just as a matter of GM needing a Persona-awakened character to lead the action, generally.

As for the prom queen deal, I did not have anything to do with it. That said, it should be amusing and interesting.

Also, that Jeffrey the Emolga is an idiot. Gah. Asking if Pokemon are allowed in a Persona RPG. Just, urgh, the stupidity. Does not compute.

Lost™
15th August 2012, 12:32 AM
I'm thinking Alyssa will most likely be one of the first ones because of the

Team Mom+Yandere+Fiery Redhead+Action Girl Combination

I know, he does seem to be one. He'd probably sign-up as Ash...

Monster Guy
15th August 2012, 12:42 AM
Okay, fair enough.

On my end, Alistair will likely be among the first to awaken his Persona. Just as a matter of GM needing a Persona-awakened character to lead the action, generally.

As for the prom queen deal, I did not have anything to do with it. That said, it should be amusing and interesting.

Also, that Jeffrey the Emolga is an idiot. Gah. Asking if Pokemon are allowed in a Persona RPG. Just, urgh, the stupidity. Does not compute.

Well, Leo is basically using Ho-Oh as a Persona. xD

The Prom Queen thing was my idea. I thought the implications of a "Male" Prom Queen would be hilarious. xD Carina has Leo to thank for her victory. lol xD

As far as when Leo will awaken his Persona, uh... I'm not sure yet. I'll figure that out when we get there.

DVB
15th August 2012, 12:45 AM
I am just waiting on Aura of Twilight to introduce her character to the mix and have the interaction

SoulMuse
15th August 2012, 12:48 AM
Hm...wonder where she went anyways.....

Have to ask her tomorrow

Billy Mays
15th August 2012, 1:32 AM
Personally I think our Persona should be awakened in order of number. For example, my Persona would be the 10th awakened, because Wheel of Fortune is the 10th Arcana. Of course we'd skip anyone inactive, or any spot where the person who took the spot hasn't actually made their character for it yet.

And I'll get to posting soon. Just remember though that Nick is the second oldest member of the group, with Matt being the only character older than him, by only a year. He will NOT be happy that Alyssa thought he was a high school student.

storymasterb
15th August 2012, 1:39 AM
Issue with that, Billy, is that ideally one of my characters should be among the first with awakened Personae for the purposes of controlling the flow of battles. And my characters are relatively far down in the Arcana, so yeah. Awkwardness. In any case, I'll think on it and probably discuss more with you all here.

In any case, let's keep things moving. Avalon awaits!

Ysavvryl
15th August 2012, 2:45 AM
lol, I can work with the prom queen thing. I was thinking of something to write for a situation where she didn't, but I think I just established her and Leo as pretty good friends.

If Leo has Ho-oh for a Persona, then my Emperor character has Zapdos for a Persona. I need to do some more work on him, but he's basically inspired by Kahn of Breath of Fire IV. Also, his situation is one where he could easily be delayed in introduction, so if you want to move to Avalon, you don't have to wait on him.

Lost™
15th August 2012, 3:07 AM
Wait, Isn't Alyssa the oldest Character? She's 22 for crying out load! Well, I'm waiting for those two so I can continue

Edit: Well, she's the oldest Female Character (And most likely Maturely too)... Also, Alyssa thought Nick was in High School... Creeper...

Monster Guy
15th August 2012, 3:12 AM
Wait, Isn't Alyssa the oldest Character? She's 22 for crying out load! Well, I'm waiting for those two so I can continue

You really should read the other Sign Ups. You would've also seen the other Bakery ahead of time.

Also, Nick's 25 if I remember right. *Runs to the Sign Up thread to be sure*

Edit: He's 24!

Lost™
15th August 2012, 3:19 AM
I just read them Over ^_^;... I didn't exactly have the time to...

*Jean Grey*
15th August 2012, 4:27 AM
I'd like a random order...XD Being 13th means...probably bad luck, and the more superstitious would actually skip 13 and save it for last...making it a terribly long wait. XD

BTW, I'm on TvTropes right now. XD Which 3 females fit the best under "Three Faces of Eve"? XD

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/TheThreeFacesofEve

Lost™
15th August 2012, 4:29 AM
Alyssa is a shoe in for the Middle, though she denies it, and for the Wife... Choose your Pic *Jean*

*Jean Grey*
15th August 2012, 4:30 AM
How about the other 2? XD The Child is definitely the hardest to find. XD

Lost™
15th August 2012, 4:32 AM
I'm thinking she's more of the Wife with traits of the Middle. Jenneke is definantly the Seductress...

*Jean Grey*
15th August 2012, 4:36 AM
Actually, I think Alyssa...has a combination of all three. XD That klutziness and perhaps her Yandere aspect can be the Child part. XD

Lost™
15th August 2012, 4:46 AM
Yea, also, where is her Berserk Button!?

Monster Guy
15th August 2012, 5:03 AM
Krystal is the wife
Dani is the child (lol)
Carina is the seductress (Bigger lol) xD

Now where's the Three Faces of Adam? 8P (It's really a trope. I'd link to it, but I don't really feel like typing a long link.)

*Jean Grey*
15th August 2012, 5:08 AM
I don't know if you're being serious or not...or both, since Carina is technically not female. XD But then again...XD

You mean this? http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/TheThreeFacesOfAdam

Yeah, who's our 3 faces of Adam and 3 faces of Eve? XD If Carina overlaps both...yeah...XD Seductress and Hunter

Billy Mays
15th August 2012, 7:16 AM
I don't know if you're being serious or not...or both, since Carina is technically not female. XD But then again...XD

Yeah, who's our 3 faces of Adam and 3 faces of Eve? XD If Carina overlaps both...yeah...XD Seductress and Hunter

Well the only one that remotely fits Nick is Hunter, and even that doesn't fit (since he's the second oldest male character, as well as the second oldest character in general).

Manaphy Mare
15th August 2012, 10:20 AM
When it comes to who awakens in what order, let's keep in mind of who the scanner is...

As for the Three faces of Adam, i could easily see Drake as the prophet or possibly the hunter.

As for the whole Jeffery the Emolga deal... I remember signing up for Falsum Animae as The Lovers with a Persona of Mew Ichigo (and I'd be lying if Isaid I wasn't tempted to just sign up as him instead). From experience I can say a persona based out of something from a more contemporary work can be difficult (if I recall either writer's block or finals prevented me from ever really posting much), and should really only be done if you have done extensive research on the character. But that's just my opinion.

EDIT: Found a few more tropes for Drake.

Megane: He always has his glasses on, mainly because he'd be blind without 'em.
Bookworm: Complete with Charles Atlas Superpower of being able to navigate around the town (or at least from the school to the bakery) while he's nose deep in a book.
Charles Atlas Superpower: Reading and walking without bumping into anyone/thing
Useful Book: Slightly Averted, his journal- He can list of the stats for any opponent... if Anne has scanned them first.

GoldenHouou
15th August 2012, 12:36 PM
Krystal is the wife
Dani is the child (lol)
Carina is the seductress (Bigger lol) xD

IAWTC. BD

Anyway, finally got the time to read through all the posts (I'm in way too many rps, seriously >>), and so I could get to posting. Like I said, will have Dani's up a bit later, gotta figure out what she'd be doing.

I'm game whatever order you choose for the Persona awakening, as long as it isn't one character per time because that'd... be very problematic. 8P

As for Jeffrey the Emolga, he's a troll and not even a good one. It's painfully obvious. I'm just baffled he hasn't been banned yet.

EDIT: Aaaand I'm done with Dani's post too. Just waiting for someone else to post first.

TheSequelReturns
15th August 2012, 2:43 PM
Thank you GH for giving Nodoka someone to talk to.

*hi fives*

Posting commencing shortly.

Monster Guy
15th August 2012, 2:56 PM

I was being serious about Carina being Seductress. S/he's more feminine than some of the girls. 8P The fact that s/he can get a straight guy to take her to the prom is saying something. xD

Lost™
15th August 2012, 2:59 PM
I'd Object that Alyssa, or at least Old!Alyssa is the wife. She's the Team Mom for crying out load! Oh well... *Yawns*

She does have a lot of tropes, but just look at her personality, persona, and bio!

Well, besides hat. I do have a question in mind. Do we have any Characters that can fit into this trope?

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/SevenHeavenlyVirtues

*Jean Grey*
16th August 2012, 2:49 AM
Nodoka, all of the above *Gets shot* How about the 7 Deadly Sins?

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/SevenDeadlySins

I think many different trios could be made...at least two or three different trios for the girls. XD Aika for instance, can also fit as a Child. XD

I can't wait to see which Five-man Band forms. XD

BTW, if anyone wants to know what happened to Janna during prom...she took her bartender friend with her but got kicked out in the middle of the dance because she was caught with alcohol in her possession. XD

TheSequelReturns
16th August 2012, 3:02 AM
Well, Nodoka certainly has Temperance.

Thank you, I'll be here all week.

As a sneak peak at my 2nd character, she's a literal Girl Scout. Cookies and all. Her Persona's going to be Angel, in her P3/P4 appearance. I just hope smb is okay with the age.

Lost™
16th August 2012, 3:03 AM
What about Alyssa for Pride?She has it for her Cupcakes, To the point of Correction/Killing if someone says something bad about them

Also for Kindness When her Depression/Yandere isn't showing

DVB
16th August 2012, 3:07 AM
What other characteristics could fit Diego and such? Great job everone!

Lost™
16th August 2012, 3:13 AM
Here's who I got for the Sins

Avarice- No one has seemed Greedy Yet

Envy- Same here

Glutonny- Jennike, definitely her

Lust- I could say Leo for this, or Nick. One of the two

Pride- Alyssa! She'll kill over her Cupcakes

Sloth- No one, but Diego gives of that Lazy vibe to me at times...

Wrath- Hmm, Alyssa's wrath is a lot worse, but that's only after a damaged pride. I can say Alistar might fit this

DVB
16th August 2012, 3:14 AM
Diego is a bit lazy but nowhere enough for sloth. Sloth not only means physical laziness, but also emotional and physical apathy

Monster Guy
16th August 2012, 3:15 AM
Leo's Virtue is definitely Kindness. That's his most defining trait.

His Sin would have to be Wrath. He doesn't get angry all that much, but that makes it more shocking when he does. xD

In other news, I'll probably get my second Sign Up in tomorrow, along with a post to move things along.

Lost™
16th August 2012, 3:22 AM
For the Five-Man band I can see Alyssa being the chick, as she's the Team Mom...

Also, why do I get a feeling Leo or Carina will be the Team Pet?

And we definitely have this: http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/BlondeBrunetteRedhead

*Jean Grey*
16th August 2012, 3:22 AM
Here's who I got for the Sins

Avarice- No one has seemed Greedy Yet

Envy- Same here

Glutonny- Jennike, definitely her

Lust- I could say Leo for this, or Nick. One of the two

Pride- Alyssa! She'll kill over her Cupcakes

Sloth- No one, but Diego gives of that Lazy vibe to me at times...

Wrath- Hmm, Alyssa's wrath is a lot worse, but that's only after a damaged pride. I can say Alistar might fit this

Janna is slim though. XD Not a big eater (Eating dessert for dinner does not equal big eater)...just a heavy drinker, so she subverts the image of Gluttony body-wise and looks-wise. XD So, she's only "half" Glutton. XD

Team pet? Nah, not Leo. XD

DVB
16th August 2012, 3:23 AM
Well Glutton can refer to either a heavy eater or drinker.

Lost™
16th August 2012, 3:25 AM
Janna is slim though. XD Not a big eater (Eating dessert for dinner does not equal big eater)...just a heavy drinker, so she subverts the image of Gluttony body-wise and looks-wise. XD So, she's only "half" Glutton. XD

Team pet? Nah, not Leo. XD

What about Carina then?

Also, for the Hair Colors. X/Alyssa/Jennike

And Insert other girl Group here

*Jean Grey*
16th August 2012, 3:26 AM
But, since she subverts image-wise, it's technically "half", because she is actually pretty hot and not...fat and big-bellied. XD Maybe in combination with Wrath because of dat Angry Jannike...>.> Or Lust because she's Ambiguously Bi and hits on anyone of her taste (which isn't very good)...or even Greed because...she's wealthy. XD This is a sinful girl you face. XD

"X" would have to be Carina. XD She's a brunette. XD Or, Louise. XD

Lost™
16th August 2012, 3:30 AM
But, since she subverts image-wise, it's technically "half", because she is actually pretty hot and not...fat and big-bellied. XD Maybe in combination with Wrath because of dat Angry Janna...>.>

"X" would have to be Carina. XD She's a brunette. XD Or, Louise. XD

Well, isn't that a Subversion? She fits the food part, but not the look part. Same with Diego?

*Jean Grey*
16th August 2012, 3:33 AM
Yeah, she is only a heavy drinker, so she only fits the drinking part, no food, no image. XD She's a wildcard that one, Up to four deadly sins in one six-foot body.

Monster Guy
16th August 2012, 3:57 AM
The truth is, no one fits all of those sins 100 percent.

Leo may commit wrath at times, but he usually forgives the person after a brief cooldown period, and doesn't like to hold a grudge. He doesn't relish in other people's misfortune (Which the sin seems to suggest...)

Pride is only a sin when the pride is not deserved. Etcetera...

*Jean Grey*
16th August 2012, 9:32 AM
Now that I look...yeah. XD Definitely no-one would fit a specific. XD I think the Team Pet would be Aika, now that I looked over. XD

I hope this RP lasts until a Halloween event. XD I'd like to see what each character would wear as a costume! XD I need someone to dress up as Janna's Sub! XD I want to see a Naughty Nun.

DVB
16th August 2012, 11:52 AM
Who hasn't updated yet by the way? Well, by that, I mean people who haven't posted at all?

Lost™
16th August 2012, 2:59 PM
AoS has Block as usual, and everyone else I don't know. I'm waiting for Mays' guesses, and the first to got it wrong, but *Jean* You were close...

*Sigh* Aren't we getting a tiny bit trope addictive?

*Jean Grey*
16th August 2012, 4:10 PM
Tropes are fun, that's why. XD Besides, we need some way to pass time while we wait for AoT's update. XD

Next...let's Sort all the characters into Hogwarts houses. XD I don't know if Janna being a bit of a bad influence would land her in Slytherin though...

Lost™
16th August 2012, 4:13 PM
Wha-what!?

I honestly don't know where Alyssa would be...

Manaphy Mare
16th August 2012, 8:48 PM
*Sigh* Aren't we getting a tiny bit trope addictive?

We aren't addicted, we can stop any time we want!

Drake would probably be in the Ravenclaw house. As for the Five-man-band... He's easily The Smart Guy.

SoulMuse
16th August 2012, 8:59 PM
Hm...I have no clue on both counts for Ian.

Monster Guy
16th August 2012, 9:07 PM
Leo is either Hufflepuff or Gryffindor

For the record, I don't consider the Hufflepuff house to be the one where they throw the kids that don't fit in anywhere else. >_>

As for the five man band, he's either the hero, or the chick. xD

Blivsey
16th August 2012, 9:27 PM
I would say that, as it's obviously not interfering with the RP (we're averaging nine posts per day so far, which isn't bad for an opening sprint, and I feel like we'd have even more if certain reply speeds improved), we're okay, though we are going a bit long on sorting our characters by archetype at this pace.

But whatever, I'm going to say that Louise would either belong to either Hufflepuff or Ravenclaw, not sure which given that both represent different aspects of her. Oh, and Hufflepuff isn't really a dumping ground - they're stated to appreciate loyalty, hard work, fair play, and patience, all of which are important character traits. As for the faces of Eve, Louise would likely be closest to child with a dash of wife, though we've already locked in those power trios, it seems. Also, she fits somewhere between Smart Girl and Heart in a Five-man Band... my characters tend not to fit cleanly into archetypes.

storymasterb
16th August 2012, 10:42 PM
Well, the interaction is going well, admittedly. That said, I would like to get into Avalon quite soon to kickstart the supernatural aspect of the plot. So. Yeah. I'll VM Aura of Twilight and see if I can get them to post. If they don't before Avalon it's not really a problem and I can deal with it.

So yeah, if we could start to wrap up the interaction for now, then I'll jump the plot forward via my GM powers.

Lost™
16th August 2012, 10:44 PM
Yea, All I'm waiting for is for Mays to post, and I do admit, he posts sparingly, having the lowest post count in my Original Role Play. Even the silent types have a lot more posts then him... So yea... Let me go VM him...

Aura Of Twilight
17th August 2012, 12:20 AM
Whew! Sorry for the wait everyone, but I finally got my post up. XD Hopefully in the future it wont take me nearly as long to get something written.

At any rate, topic at hand: Hogwart houses. Hmm. I really have no idea which one Krystal would be in...Defintely not Slytherin though. She's too much of a goody too shoe. lol

TheSequelReturns
17th August 2012, 12:40 AM
@storymasterb: Ah, in that case let me get up one more post real quick so I don't hold you up.

@Most everyone else: Not much of a Harry Potter fan. :/ So I'll sit this one out. And looks like someone already gave Nodoka The Smart One for the five man band, so that's covered.

Rochelle on the other hand... (My Justice Arcana character). She'd almost certainly be The Chick. No comment on HP House here either :P.

Lost™
17th August 2012, 12:45 AM
Since we have like, soon to be 19 Characters... Can't we do 4 Five Man Bands with an Extra?

Well I say we're trope addicted. I wonder if we're going to have to find our weapons or get them automatically *Is clueless*

Monster Guy
17th August 2012, 12:51 AM
Now that Lilly's officially a Persona user, she'd be the smart girl.

Her Persona is a Giant Floating Disembodied Brain with Tentacles and Eyes. xD (A sexy one too, he can induce Charm. xD) And a God of Intelligence/Wisdom. 8P

Lost™
17th August 2012, 12:54 AM
Um....

TENTACLE RAPE! I Said nothing... That just sounds so wrong.... Tentacles that can induce charm and stuff...

Monster Guy
17th August 2012, 12:55 AM
Um....

TENTACLE RAPE! I Said nothing... That just sounds so wrong.... Tentacles that can induce charm and stuff...

More like literal Mind Rape. 8P

*Jean Grey*
17th August 2012, 12:56 AM
You mean...4 5-man bands with one Team Pet? XD Well, I think it works. XD

AoT: I think Krystal may be a...Ravenclaw? XD

Alyssa may be a Slytherin...hey, I think it fits pretty well! XD Janna, now that I was looking at real House traits, would definitely not end up in Ravenclaw, as she's academically-challenged, and not Hufflepuff because...she isn't one to play by rules. XD I always thought she was a Slytherin, but taking Pottermore's wand-sorting test as "her" with one of my numerous e-mails....turned out Gryffindor...lolwhut?

Lost™
17th August 2012, 12:58 AM
More like literal Mind Rape. 8P

And Tentacle Rape! That thing has two rapes in one. Man the Japanese are so perverted in some ways...

Monster Guy
17th August 2012, 1:01 AM
And Tentacle Rape! That thing has two rapes in one. Man the Japanese are so perverted in some ways...

I'm sure Shin Megami Tensei didn't intend that. After all, the Charm thing was added by me. The Canon Skills it has were... boring. :/

storymasterb
17th August 2012, 1:35 AM
Since we have like, soon to be 19 Characters... Can't we do 4 Five Man Bands with an Extra?

Well I say we're trope addicted. I wonder if we're going to have to find our weapons or get them automatically *Is clueless*

With regards to the weapons question, the first area of Avalon we'll be in is a beach sort of area, with lots of weapons impaled into the sand. For reference, look up the Field of Blades trope. When we get attacked by Shadows, we just snatch up the first thing which comes to hand to defend ourselves, with Avalon basically creating that weapon in the right place at the right time for the right person. It's easier if you think of Avalon as being alive in its own weird way, since it basically is. And then, like, the Guardians of Avalon are antibodies, Shadows are some kind of harmful bacteria etc. And King Arthur's tomb is like Avalon's heart, the thing which keeps the island alive.

Can we please stop discussing any kind of rape before a mod steps in, sees that topic of discussion, and banhammers the thread closed? Also, guys, while I'm not averse to trope discussion, make sure you're still actually discussing stuff about the RPG or a mod would have grounds to banhammer the thread (namely that we're not using it for the approved purpose, ie, discussing Fallen Paradise).

Lost™
17th August 2012, 1:49 AM
With regards to the weapons question, the first area of Avalon we'll be in is a beach sort of area, with lots of weapons impaled into the sand. For reference, look up the Field of Blades trope. When we get attacked by Shadows, we just snatch up the first thing which comes to hand to defend ourselves, with Avalon basically creating that weapon in the right place at the right time for the right person. It's easier if you think of Avalon as being alive in its own weird way, since it basically is. And then, like, the Guardians of Avalon are antibodies, Shadows are some kind of harmful bacteria etc. And King Arthur's tomb is like Avalon's heart, the thing which keeps the island alive.

So basically it lives up to it's Eldrich Location name, and I know that trope from the Keyblade Graveyard. A beach of blades (and other), that sounds epic, and I'm sure as we fight we'll unlock our persona. Though, I'm sure not everyone will awaken them the first few times we visit, and I wonder what else we'll meet. Don't give any spoilers, it'll ruin somethings! Now, off to plan some more Flavors for Alyssa's Cupcakes

Billy Mays
17th August 2012, 5:12 AM
Ugh, been playing a ton of TF2 recently, so that's why I haven't gotten to posting already. Damn you Mann Vs Machine mode, being so new and totally awesome...

And I noticed that Nick and Janna are a lot alike. After all, they're both tall, heavy drinkers, and bisexual. Now if only Janna loved to play poker...

You know it'd be funny seeing Nick and Drake getting into an argument over either blackjack or Yu-Gi-Oh being the best card game.

DVB
17th August 2012, 5:44 AM
Diego is Gryffindor

*Jean Grey*
17th August 2012, 5:54 AM
Ugh, been playing a ton of TF2 recently, so that's why I haven't gotten to posting already. Damn you Mann Vs Machine mode, being so new and totally awesome...

And I noticed that Nick and Janna are a lot alike. After all, they're both tall, heavy drinkers, and bisexual. Now if only Janna loved to play poker...

You know it'd be funny seeing Nick and Drake getting into an argument over either blackjack or Yu-Gi-Oh being the best card game.

Yeah, I think they have similarities. XD Janna is not exactly bi though...just Ambiguously Bi....she's very open. XD Of course she won't hit on Elly though...that's just gross...she wouldn't want to end up in Chris Hansen's office or be caught by the police. XD Nick's fortune should go up and down like a wheel. XD 7/20 is just his bad day...who knows when Janna looks his way? I think it should be his dynamic...either really lucky or really unlucky. XD

Monster Guy
17th August 2012, 6:01 AM
Well, considering the circumstances with Alyssa, it should be lucky?

Oh, but poor Drake is sitting right there!

Billy Mays
17th August 2012, 6:07 AM
Yeah, I think they have similarities. XD Janna is not exactly bi though...just Ambiguously Bi....she's very open. XD Of course she won't hit on Elly though...that's just gross...she wouldn't want to end up in Chris Hansen's office or be caught by the police. XD Nick's fortune should go up and down like a wheel. XD 7/20 is just his bad day...who knows when Janna looks his way? I think it should be his dynamic...either really lucky or really unlucky. XD

Excellent idea. He IS the one with the Wheel of Fortune Arcana. July 20th will be an unlucky day, but maybe he'll get a break on July 21st...

*Jean Grey*
17th August 2012, 6:09 AM
Well, considering the circumstances with Alyssa, it should be lucky?

Oh, but poor Drake is sitting right there!

But Alyssa put him down. XD

Billy: BTW, guess the cupcake flavor. Maybe it wouldn't be so bad for Nick after all. XD

GoldenHouou
17th August 2012, 6:16 AM
I meant to wait for Sequel first so I could reply with both characters at once, but I'll just throw Dani's part up for now. Will get it done a bit later today, just woke up and all.

Oh, for the houses... I think both of mine would be Slytherin, seriously >>

EDIT: Working on the post now. Something urgent came up though, so I'm not sure if I can finish it anytime soon, but I'll get it done today regardless.

TheSequelReturns
17th August 2012, 2:13 PM
And... posted.

I took the liberty of handling the lost sheep issue.

Looks like Elly's finally got that badge she had her eye on. And Nodoka's found herself someone to help her out with that watermelon.

Blivsey
17th August 2012, 4:45 PM
Okay, keeping tabs on who's where on character interaction:

Cosgrove's is mostly down between idle chatter and pleasant conversation.
Nicolas has a tournament to play, but that can theoretically be off-screen.
Sunrise is largely resolved - everyone's either on their way out or just being buddy-buddy.
Krystal, Diego and Louise have a play date planned, but again, that could be off-screen.
Jasmine Cafe is on a steady stream of activity, but just finishing up on orders.
Cesaire and Nodoka are having a nice chat that could walk off into the sunset at any time.
Rochelle put Aika in a position for them to wrap up quickly.

Figured that might be useful for GM purposes.

In the meantime, Aika has a sheep dolly? Louise shall be her new best friend upon this discovery.

storymasterb
17th August 2012, 5:17 PM
Yup. I'm gonna call GM powers now and ask you all to get these conversations wrapped up so that tomorrow I can launch us into Avalon. Since ideally I want to start the supernatural stuff. So I'm going to have to call putting the tournament and play date offscreen (especially the tournament, far too many people involved most likely). So. Yeah. If we could get the interaction wrapped up by tomorrow, I'll post to move us into Avalon.

GoldenHouou
17th August 2012, 6:18 PM
Alright, will get my post up as soon possible (it might tomorrow morning, but that's tonight for most of you, so it should be alright?). I'll have Dani reply to Ian and Alistair, grab her order and leave, and have Cesaire talk about the dangers of watermelons before walking off with Nodoka.

Billy Mays
18th August 2012, 4:17 AM
Okay, keeping tabs on who's where on character interaction:

Cosgrove's is mostly down between idle chatter and pleasant conversation.
Nicolas has a tournament to play, but that can theoretically be off-screen.
Sunrise is largely resolved - everyone's either on their way out or just being buddy-buddy.
Krystal, Diego and Louise have a play date planned, but again, that could be off-screen.
Jasmine Cafe is on a steady stream of activity, but just finishing up on orders.
Cesaire and Nodoka are having a nice chat that could walk off into the sunset at any time.
Rochelle put Aika in a position for them to wrap up quickly.

Figured that might be useful for GM purposes.

In the meantime, Aika has a sheep dolly? Louise shall be her new best friend upon this discovery.

Drake is Manaphy Mare's character, and HE'S the one with the Yu-Gi-Oh tournament, not Nick.

DVB
18th August 2012, 4:20 AM
Well yeah. Will try and have the timeskip where Louise arrives at Diego's house to hang out with him and Krystal and a summary of what they did. How will they go into the Velvet room again? Sleeping?

Pir8Heart
18th August 2012, 8:59 AM
I forgot we had a discussion thread. Again. e.e

As per GM's orders, I closed up her day in a single post. Which sort of makes sense, since she left around the evening. :/ For now, I'll just ignore *JG*'s little trope game-thingys, since that's pretty much her usual thing. X)

Yes, all fluffy and white and clinically depressed. :)

storymasterb
18th August 2012, 8:38 PM
So, posted the Avalon stuff. Consider all interaction GM fast-forwarded. Anyway.

The sequence for posts with regards to getting to Avalon is basically: Character dreaming in a black void, character comes to stand. Blue butterfly flutters past, character chases butterfly, void breaks under character and they fall. As they're falling, they have a vision of Philemon where he just smiles, and then they wake up on the beach in Avalon.

There will be three or four groups scattered across Avalon's shore, essentially. We won't always be this scattered, but at first we will. For now, we should try to divide our characters between these groups as evenly as possible:

Group 1 (on the shore)
Alistair

Group 2 (rocky alcove at the base of Avalon's walls)

Group 3 (center of the beach)
Matt

Group 4 (small offshore island)

With regards to each location:

Group 1: You're just on the seashore roughly at the center of the coast. It's a fairly even coastline with the usual sort of breaking waves and such.

Group 2: Think some little cave in the base of Avalon's walls, with two barriers of rock moving round to encircle the entrance, with just a small two-persons-width gap in the barriers onto the beach proper.

Group 3: You're right smack-bang in the middle of the beach. You can't even see the sea or anything. From your perspective, you're basically in a desert (remember, distances in Avalon can be screwy. It's that sort of place). Completely open and exposed to attack muahahahaha.

Group 4: An island a little bit offshore. Not really interesting, just sand and rock. The gap between it and the 'mainland' isn't much, maybe ten feet or so. The current isn't that strong either. So you could swim it. Just watch out for Shadows in the water, heh.

Anyway, decide where your characters are, and once that's sorted and we have some posts with people getting together and going WTF what is this place, I'll intro the Shadows.

Blivsey
18th August 2012, 8:42 PM
Two. Picking group two.

Will get around to posting in the next 24 hours. There are about three different ways I could wrap up Louise's day, so no guarantees on where it actually goes.

SoulMuse
18th August 2012, 8:42 PM
Hm...I will post shortly, and have Ian be in group two, I suppose.

Billy Mays
18th August 2012, 8:44 PM
I'll pick Group 1. I'd pick Group 4, but we don't want Nick's nice suit to get wet, now do we? :p

Monster Guy
18th August 2012, 8:51 PM
I'm not sure which group to be in, or if Leo and Lilly will be in the same group... We'll see where everyone else goes.

GoldenHouou
18th August 2012, 8:52 PM
Well, considering nobody's in group 4 yet, I'll have either of my characters be there. Don't know which one yet. Cesaire can't swim but uh, that's okay, he'll survive. He always does. At least if someone helps him out a bit. Could be interesting.

As for the other one... I'll get back to you on that.

Lost™
18th August 2012, 11:35 PM
I just posted, since Alyssa thinks she's dreaming, that's why she grabbed a 'Halberd,' but it's just a giant stick... I don't know where she'll but, but she isn't in One or TWo... Also, I think I just showed a small bit of her BISC trope...

Aura Of Twilight
19th August 2012, 2:33 AM
I guess group three would work for me.

DVB
19th August 2012, 2:40 AM
Likewise group 3

Monster Guy
19th August 2012, 2:54 AM
Group 1
Allistair, Nick

Group 2
Louise, Ian

Group 3
Matt, Diego, Krystal, Alyssa*

Group 4

* I'm guessing that's where she is...

Pir8Heart
19th August 2012, 3:22 AM
Maybe I'll pick... Group... 4. Considering Aika will probably believe she's still dreaming, I'm going to put her in a slightly symbolic location to give her things to think about. Not that they have any meaning, seeing as Avalon really exists. X)

Group 1
Allistair, Nick

Group 2
Louise, Ian

Group 3
Matt, Diego, Krystal, Alyssa

Group 4
Aika

Oh, and question for storymaster whenever xe gets online; can we just get our weapon whenever? Like, do we find it somewhere or is it okay for it to appear out of thin air? :/

Lost™
19th August 2012, 4:26 AM
Yea, she's in Three, He did say field of blades, so yea...

Manaphy Mare
19th August 2012, 4:37 AM
I'm planning on Drake being in group 4 and I'll post later tonight.

*Jean Grey*
19th August 2012, 4:55 AM
Janna...Group One. XD

Pir8Heart
19th August 2012, 5:59 AM
Just posted, terribly sorry if someone finds it too long. '^_^ Just wanted to make up for having only three posts, is all.

Another question to storymaster, is anything in Avalon tall enough to see from the island? I may have to edit that out if that's not the case.

Group 1: The coastline
Allistair, Nick, Jannike

Group 2: The cave
Louise, Ian

Group 3: The beach

Group 4: The Island
Aika, Drake

In bold is people who've actually posted in Avalon. Feel free to edit the list if I missed anything. ^_^

Also, in case you didn't quite understand Dolly's transformation, she's an inside (http://www.parapluesch.com//catalog/images/Dollly_1_b_frei.jpg)-out (http://www.parapluesch.com//catalog/images/details/Dolly/Dolly_1.jpg?osCsid=5eeca266952ab0d46849c8912113e8a 0) plushie (http://www.parapluesch.com//catalog/images/details/Dolly/Dolly_2.jpg?osCsid=5eeca266952ab0d46849c8912113e8a 0). The pictures explain themselves.

storymasterb
19th August 2012, 10:33 AM
With regards to the weapons, they're in the swords/spears/axes/other stuff scattered around. When the Shadows attack, you'll reach out to pick one up, and Avalon will place the weapon so you, the right person, has it in the right place to be picked up at the right time.

As for the 'is anything on Avalon tall enough to be seen' question, yes. The island is basically a massive citadel with a bunch of tall buildings and spires, with the tallest one of all at the center. That said, it's not a problem if you didn't have Aika see it. Distances on Avalon can be very arbitrary, you can stand pretty much right next to something by real world standards and actually be a mile away. So yeah.

Also, remember, we're aiming to get roughly the same number of people in each group.

DVB
19th August 2012, 1:46 PM
Updated, I will probably try and describe the fields of blade even more

TheSequelReturns
19th August 2012, 3:46 PM
Dropping Nodoka in Group 2 and Rochelle in Group 4.

Will have a post up sometime tomorrow most likely.

Monster Guy
19th August 2012, 3:54 PM
Group 1
Allistair, Nick, Jannike

Group 2
Louise, Ian, Nodoka, Leo

Group 3

Group 4
Akika, Drake, Elly, Lilly

Blivsey
19th August 2012, 6:27 PM
Heh, almost had it done and then DVB posted. Had to revise a bit, but it's there, meeting his shout-out with another. Nice to see that someone else plays Munchkin, by the way. Expect plenty of affection in return for the sheep when Louise is more awake and not busy panicking from the crazy dream world.

I'll revise my descriptions if someone else signs on to group two. With nineteen players, we shouldn't have more than five per group, though.

Monster Guy
19th August 2012, 6:43 PM
3 groups will have 5, one group will have four.

Right now only two groups will have five, untill the Emperor gets filled.

Anyway, I'll get a post some time later.

storymasterb
19th August 2012, 6:53 PM
Don't get too hung up on the groups, we won't have them for long. Only the first two trips or so into Avalon. After that we'll get a way to appear in Avalon as one large group as opposed to scattering everywhere.

Anyway, I'm going to post, for Alistair interactions and to get Matt established. My next post after this will probably intro the Shadows and start craziness.

DVB
19th August 2012, 9:06 PM
Heh, almost had it done and then DVB posted. Had to revise a bit, but it's there, meeting his shout-out with another. Nice to see that someone else plays Munchkin, by the way. Expect plenty of affection in return for the sheep when Louise is more awake and not busy panicking from the crazy dream world.

I'll revise my descriptions if someone else signs on to group two. With nineteen players, we shouldn't have more than five per group, though.

Affection is always nice. Diego is jsut nice like that. I was inspired by Scott Pilgrim, the whole drawing someone a sheep thing, though Diego is better at drawing than Scott is XD. But yeah, affection and other positive feeings are the source of power for Diego. The Power of Friendship +The Power of Live= NighUnstoppable XD

GoldenHouou
19th August 2012, 9:21 PM
Aaand now group number 1 is lacking in numbers. Alright, I guess I'll throw Dani in there. Cesaire... 2 or 4. *coin flip* Hm, 2. Maybe that's for the better, group number 4 doesn't seem like it has anyone who could help Cesaire swim |D I'll get a post in a bit later, most likely tomorrow morning. I have some other stuff to take care of first (and I have a huge post in another rp almost done and in need of read-through in case of typos), so yeah.

So for now the only one who isn't in any group's Carina, right?

Monster Guy
19th August 2012, 9:54 PM
Aaaand posted. Leo called me a pedophile? I'm going to have to punish him later. >=(

I'll do Lilly's part later.

@GH: Right! Also, you always seem to be with Leo in every RP. :P

Group 1
Allistair, Nick, Jannike, Dani

Group 2
Louise, Ian, Nodoka, Leo, Ceasaire

Group 3

Group 4
Akika, Drake, Elly, Lilly

storymasterb
19th August 2012, 9:56 PM
Oops. I seem to have put Matt in the wrong place by accident. *Goes to edit*

GoldenHouou
19th August 2012, 10:24 PM
@GH: Right! Also, you always seem to be with Leo in every RP. :P

It's pretty much inevitable, really. You use Leo a lot and I often try to have my characters interact with most of the cast at least once, so of course they're going to cross paths at some point. Though I wouldn't really use the term "be with"... to me that implies a pairing, which would be... pretty much impossible with most of our character combinations 8P Just trying to imagine Leo/Cavity makes my brain explode. \unintended pun

Aura Of Twilight
20th August 2012, 1:22 AM
Hello all...Things are certainly getting intresting, don't you think? :)

There's a question that's been bothering me for awhile though. What would happen if someone died in the real world while they were sleeping? Would they remain in Avalon or would they simply just go on into the afterlife? I know that any character who dies in Avalon will never wake up, but I was just wondering if the opposite were to occur, as unlikely as it is.

Ysavvryl
20th August 2012, 4:19 AM
I'll stick Carina in group 1... and I'll try to get a post written tomorrow. No promises, though (freaking out a little because I have two short stories that should get done by September and they both need work).

*Jean Grey*
20th August 2012, 4:59 AM
So, now it stands at:

Group 1
Allistair, Nick, Jannike, Dani, Carina

Group 2
Louise, Ian, Nodoka, Leo, Cesaire

Group 3

Group 4
Aika, Drake, Elly, Lilly

Interesting to note that the Group 1 girls form a Blonde, Brunette, Redhead trio. XD

Lost™
20th August 2012, 5:02 AM
That's interesting, very interesting...

*Listens to Hikari*

So, has everyone posted yet? I see Mon Broke the Fourth Wall

Pir8Heart
20th August 2012, 5:07 AM
^ You mean Leo assuming Mon was a pedo? Definitely 100% true. XDD

And, how did Aika turn into Akika? I could've sworn I posted on here earlier today... I must've never posted it. :/

Monster Guy
20th August 2012, 5:21 AM
The breaking the fourth wall thing was the reason I made Lilly an RPer. xD There will probably be more of it at some point. :P

Did anyone notice 3/4s of Group 4 are loners/shy/quiet people and Elly? xD lol.

@JG: The Blonde and Brunette in that trio don't fit the trope. :P

Lost™
20th August 2012, 5:26 AM
Basically Group four is the Odd One out and the Chew Toys?

*Jean Grey*
20th August 2012, 5:42 AM
Well, the trope isn't strictly for personality type, but for visual appeal. XD

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/BlondeBrunetteRedhead

Group Four could be considered that...XD

Now that Group One has 5 members, who's who in the Five-Man Band?

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/FiveManBand

Well, all I know is...Janna isn't smart at all. XD

Monster Guy
20th August 2012, 5:47 AM
I can do that for group 2. :P

The Hero: Leo
The Lancer: Cesaire/Ian
The Smart Guy: Nodoka
The Chick: Louise

I have no idea who would be the fifth person. No one fits The Big Guy role. :/

TheSequelReturns
20th August 2012, 6:02 AM
@Mon: Thus, why I stuck Elly in with them. She should be able to liven things up a bit. :3

Also because I wanted to have her run into Aika again. That should be fun.

And Nodoka's in the same group as Cesaire now. At least I'll have some easy characters to approach.

Billy Mays
20th August 2012, 6:36 AM
Since he's older and not really smart/a leader, Nick would probably either be the Lancer or the Big Guy. I'd say Lancer, since I'm sure Alistar is the Leader and I think Nick's personality contrasts with his pretty well.

EDIT: On the other hand, I just noticed that there are three girls in Group 1, and Jannike would fit Lancer just as well, so I guess Nick would be the Big Guy.

GoldenHouou
20th August 2012, 6:44 AM
I can't see Dani as anything else than the Lancer, really. She isn't horribly smart, she's definitely not fit to be the hero and she's no chick. I guess she could pass for the Big Guy, though, now that I think about it. Now wouldn't that be embarrassing for the guys of the group 8P Alright, Big Guy it is.

@Mon: I pretty much agree with your choices. If we need a Big Guy though, maybe Ian?

Aaand I just realized Cesaire's in the same group as Louise. Cue a French conversation nobody else can make any sense out of. And he's definitely going to go over to Nodoka all "Told you so, the watermelon killed us both, just look around!"

Working on a post now.

Monster Guy
20th August 2012, 6:49 AM
@BM: That would make Dani The Smart Girl, which... doesn't fit... (Carina's The Chick)

Edit: Ninja'd

*Jean Grey*
20th August 2012, 6:53 AM
Yeah, Group 1 has no particularly smart people. XD But then again, each group has at least one archetype missing. Group 3 has a lot of smart ones, while Group 1...not really. XD Group 3 though has no true "Big Guys", in comparison to Group 1. XD

TheSequelReturns
20th August 2012, 7:40 AM
@*JG*: But doesn't The Smart Guy just have to be the smartest person in the group, not super-smart?

@GH: Do it. Cue an acute watermelon-phobia for several days/weeks/months.

*Jean Grey*
20th August 2012, 8:09 AM
So, I guess Alistair can be both The Hero and The Smart Guy. XD Sharing roles isn't uncommon. XD

Monster Guy
20th August 2012, 3:30 PM
@*JG*: But doesn't The Smart Guy just have to be the smartest person in the group, not super-smart?

True, but none of the people in Group 1 really fit the role...

Now for Group 4

The Hero/The Chick: Elly
The Lancer: Aika (I spelled her name right for a change! \'o'/)
The Smart Guy/Girl: Lilly/Drake (The Heirophant and The High Preistess are complementary Arcanas, The Heirophant is even sometimes called The High Preist. Also, they have a few things in common.)
The Big Guy: ...

All the groups are either missing a Big Guy, or a Smart Guy. xD

Lost™
20th August 2012, 5:21 PM
Hmm, For Group Three I got
The Leader- Diego
The Lancer/Big Guy- Matt
The Smart Guy- Krystal
The Chick-Alyssa

Who agrees?

DVB
20th August 2012, 6:02 PM
Diego's lancer would be more likely Krystal. If Diego isn't the leader, he'd probably end up as the smart guy. I am not sure, but I think that works all right I suppose

Monster Guy
20th August 2012, 6:32 PM
I'd say

Hero: Diego
Lancer: Alyssa
Smart Guy: Matt
Big Guy: ???
The Chick: Krystal

Imo, The Smart/Big Guy is supposed to be known In-Universe for being Smart/Strong. The only character in the cast who fits The Big Guy, is Dani. xD

Lost™
20th August 2012, 6:33 PM
I'd say

Hero: Diego
Lancer: Alyssa
Smart Guy: Matt
Big Guy: ???
The Chick: Krystal

Imo, The Smart/Big Guy is supposed to be known In-Universe for being Smart/Strong. The only character in the cast who fits The Big Guy, is Dani. xD

Um, Alyssa's the Team Mom, that's why she's the chick.

Monster Guy
20th August 2012, 6:36 PM
Um, Alyssa's the Team Mom, that's why she's the chick.

I think Krystal fits it better. Alyssa is, a wee bit unstable. xD

Lost™
20th August 2012, 6:44 PM
I think Krystal fits it better. Alyssa is, a wee bit unstable. xD

So? Everyone was some sort of Berserk Button, right?

Monster Guy
20th August 2012, 6:57 PM
So? Everyone was some sort of Berserk Button, right?

Yes... It's just my opinion. You don't have to agree with it.

Now, let's not spam the thread with this discussion. |D

So, how will the people not on the beach find their weapon?

Lost™
20th August 2012, 7:43 PM
Yea, that would be an interesting question, as Groups Four and Two aren't directly on the beach.

storymasterb
20th August 2012, 8:01 PM
The field of blades effect is still maintained on the island and in the cave. So they'll get their weapons the same way.

SoulMuse
21st August 2012, 1:18 AM
Hm...It seems I need to post again.

*Jean Grey*
22nd August 2012, 12:49 AM
Damn, in regards to CR's question...Team Moms aren't always Chicks. XD They can also be any other role, it's not that restrictive. XD

storymasterb
22nd August 2012, 6:55 PM
Gonna pose this question here now. Are we generally ready to start the Shadows and fights?

Also, I decided on eight characters who'll get their Personae this time:

Group 1: Alistair, Carina
Group 2: Ian, Cesaire
Group 3: Krystal, Alyssa
Group 4: Drake, Aika

Everyone else will most likely awaken their Personae the next time we come into Avalon.

Monster Guy
22nd August 2012, 7:44 PM
Well, I would like to get Lilly there, but she can come in the next time we go to Avalon, it won't make a difference to me.

Also, just curious, is there a reason why those people are among the first to awaken their Personae, or was it RNG? (Random Numbers Generator)

Edit: Wait, I just noticed, it's the first and last person in their respective groups to arrive.

storymasterb
22nd August 2012, 7:50 PM
Random Number Generator, except for Alistair, who was a conscious choice because as GM I felt I should have someone in this group for plot control purposes. I just basically made random choices besides Alistair.

DVB
22nd August 2012, 8:15 PM
I don't know, possibly? Well then, this should be interesting. Are our characters going to team up while in Avalon or wait until the next time.

Monster Guy
22nd August 2012, 8:18 PM
I don't know, possibly? Well then, this should be interesting. Are our characters going to team up while in Avalon or wait until the next time.

I think we're already teamed up, considering we're in groups.

GoldenHouou
22nd August 2012, 8:28 PM
I'll say wait a day more before the Shadows arrive so I can get my post in before that. Nah, but yeah, my opinion's totally biased since I'm planning to finish my post tomorrow and abhor the idea of having to edit it last second because of Shadows appearing. If everyone else wants to move on already though, I've got nothing against that either, my post will just take a lil longer.

Cesaire's among the first group, huh? Heh, I'm actually very glad my characters didn't both awaken theirs at the same time. Makes it a lot easier for me to manage.

SoulMuse
22nd August 2012, 10:12 PM
Well, I am good to start any kind of madness after tonight, since I want to post one more time. That should be done by midnight though.

storymasterb
22nd August 2012, 10:19 PM
Okay. I'll wait until tomorrow, and then start off the Shadows. I'll probably have Alistair awaken his Persona at the end of my post, and then the other seven mentioned can have their Personae awaken.

I did actively try not to have each player get more than one Persona awakened at this point for ease of stuff, and to avoid seeming biased admittedly. But yeah, you'll see Alistair's Persona in action soon enough.

Blivsey
22nd August 2012, 10:19 PM
I'm ready to start at any time.

Since GH is looking to post tomorrow and we haven't heard from Nodoka/TSR on the Avalon side of things, I'd say that you should set a deadline - say, 28 hours from now - when you will absolutely put the next story post up, and anyone wanting to add something has to do it by then. Give those two an opportunity to finish while putting us on the forward track.
[NINJA'D]

Just to be clear, are the rest of us going to be less effective without our Personae or will we be straight-up unable to fight Shadows? Not that Louise isn't going to retreat into a corner anyway once logic starts visibly breaking down.

storymasterb
22nd August 2012, 10:33 PM
You'll be less effective but able to fight. The Personae basically just add a bit of numerical edge plus their various skills. It's like, Mordred's adeptness with his swords plus his fire magic and hail of blades abilities provide a significant edge to our side, as do the other Personae's skills. Not having your Persona just means it's you with your weapon as opposed to you with your weapon + whatever your Persona brings to the fight.

Anyway, yeah, I'll give you all until some point late tomorrow in my time, and then move the plot forward.

Monster Guy
22nd August 2012, 11:00 PM
It looks like it'll be Ian and Cesaire doing most of the fighting. 8P (And Nodoka if she's secretly a Blood Knight.) Like I said in his Sign Up, Leo's not much of a fighter, and mostly only uses the weapon in emergencies.

So, he'd probably try to calm Louise.

SoulMuse
23rd August 2012, 12:26 AM
You know, I find it kinda funny that both dark/angsty characters in group 2 are the ones who end up doing all the work the first time around. Not sure why. On that note, I have posted. (Snarking is so fun.)

Monster Guy
23rd August 2012, 12:36 AM
You know, I find it kinda funny that both dark/angsty characters in group 2 are the ones who end up doing all the work the first time around. Not sure why. On that note, I have posted. (Snarking is so fun.)

Lol, I noticed that too.

Anywho, I'll get a post up shortly. (Tonight or Tomorrow.)

Pir8Heart
23rd August 2012, 7:16 AM
Two more questions for storymaster, how do you plan on us summoning our Personas after our first times? Will just calling their name suffice?

And, is it possible to touch another person's weapon? Like, can they grab it but not be able to utilize it, does it burn them etc.

GoldenHouou
23rd August 2012, 7:23 AM
Got half of my post done now, will get the other done later today.

And Mon, I made Cessy a roleplayer like we talked about. I think he sucks at it though. His character probably dies every other post. |D

Oh right, and I've got a question too. Do we awaken our Persona after defeating out Shadow Self like in P4, or do we just awaken them by calling out "Persona!" like in P3 (minus the evoker), and have the Shadow Selves appear later, or...?

storymasterb
23rd August 2012, 1:27 PM
When you awaken your Persona, their corresponding Tarot card will appear in front of you, and you just have to shatter it. Hit it with a weapon, crush it in your hand, smash it against the ground, anything like that will do. After that, any time you want to summon your Persona, you just think of it and the card will appear in your hand. Then just shatter it and yeah.

As for the weapons question, you can touch it, but you'll get this sort of 'this isn't right for me' feeling.

We just awaken the Persona by calling it out like in P3. That'll make the Tarot card appear and then you shatter the card. The Shadow Selves I'm still thinking on, but the most likely thing I'm seeing for them right now is to be the catalyst for our Personae to get their evolved forms. Like, defeating your Shadow Self and acknowledging the issues it represents provides you with the sort of development for your Persona to evolve. I've been thinking on Alistair's Shadow Self and it's... pretty creepy. Yeah. I've also finally got a name for his evolved Persona, Mordred Pendragon.

GoldenHouou
23rd August 2012, 1:39 PM
Alright, got it! Thanks. And I like the evolved Persona idea, though I have no idea what either of mine could evolve into. Hm. need to go do some research...

Also, posted, so I'm completely caught up on this one now, yay! BD

Monster Guy
23rd August 2012, 1:57 PM
@GH: What? No mention of the Teddy Bear Leo sleeps with? xD It was going to be a plush lion, but I couldn't come up with a cutesy name for it.

Considering Lilly is a mod, watch her infract Cesaire several times for posting very graphic death scenes. 8P

I've considered evolving Omoikane to Psyche (From the Mind to the Soul) but I'm not certain about that. Not sure about what Phoenix would evolve into, but I want to keep the same elements, well at least the healing anyway.

I'm posting later today for sure!

GoldenHouou
23rd August 2012, 2:05 PM
Woops, I actually had that teddy bear mentioned at some point, but after multiple edits on that paragraph, seems like I lost that bit. Eh. Won't go back and edit it in, he can mention it later if needed. |>

Hey, that's a way for Lilly to realize they're in the same game; she can overhear Cessy complaining how describing someone getting gutted in morbid detail is totally not inappropriate for a PG15 game, and how their mod is just being party-pooper for not allowing it.

Monster Guy
23rd August 2012, 8:11 PM
Posted!

I wasn't sure if I was allowed to make Shadows appear or not... So I didn't mention them to avoid problems.

storymasterb
23rd August 2012, 8:14 PM
Gonna clarify this now then, someone in each of the two groups without my characters in them needs to kickstart the Shadows. In terms of the ideas I had for the Shadow for those locations:

Island: Freaky man-fish things with big shark teeth, stingray tails and nastiness in general. Tough skin, but slow and awkward out of the water.

Cave: Golem snake things. Each of them has multiple tails, each ending in a sharp blade, and they can use them like whips. They also have fangs so watch that end too.

The other seven who'll awaken their Personae here can from now on, as well.

Pir8Heart
23rd August 2012, 9:53 PM
Evolved Persona? I was just thinking of Arianrhod transforming into Kaguya-hime. Too classic. >.> As for Shadow self... I think I have to develop Aika a bit more before I can think about that. Anyway, Shadow-butt-kicking time! :D

And, things I sorta' set Drake to do (Sorry Manaphy_Mare ^_^);

-your introduction
-are you part of her psyche
-the handle in the ground