PDA

View Full Version : Teen Titans: Future Imperfect Discussion and Information Archive

Pages : [1] 2 3

bronislav84
19th November 2012, 5:14 PM
I have received permission from Psychic to start this thread. I hope she is well, and thank her for still taking the time to approve requests for DS threads.

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y109/Ultradyne/TeenTitansReboot.png
Thanks so much Neo/Avenger

Sign Up Thread (http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?588930-Teen-Titans-Future-Imperfect-SU-%28Little-TT-knowlege-needed-to-participate%29)

The RP thread (http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?589871-Teen-Titans-Future-Imperfect-(RP-Thread)-T). Although it's started, signups will never be closed unless we start getting too many villains.

Map of San Francisco is being used as a rough map of the city (http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/8/8a/San_Francisco_districts_map.png)

It is 10 years in the future of the Teen Titans series, but this is not a good future. The city has gone through what most people call "The Apocalypse." No, not a nuclear war, alien invasion, horrific natural disaster, or a meteor crashing into the world like what killed the dinosaurs. Something worse. You ask me “what can be worse than any of this?” Simple, really; the bad guys have won, good is no more, and the humans that remain are enslaved to do the bidding of their new masters.

For those who are alive, life is never-ending hell and torture, worse than the depths of hell itself. They wake up and go to work. What's so bad about work? "Work" for them is being slaves to the evil dictators of their once fair Jump City. Ordinary citizens have to do as they're told to be able to keep their lives. They need to live to survive this, because surely it won't last forever. Or will it? The authorities and government have been killed, enslaved, or bought off, and the rest of the country, along with the world, have given up on this city, now called Dark City, or The City of Shadows, depending on who you ask. The city has been cordoned off. As long as the bad guys stay there, they can have their way with the city for now. Those who are born in this city are called "The Cursed" or "The Unfortunate" because they are doomed to live out their lives as just tools.

What of the once strong Titans? They are a myth, a tale told as a sort of religion to give hope and motivation to those that need it. They have been scattered into hiding, their powers unused and untrained, weakened by the hands of time. Over the course of the 10 years Robin, the leader, had gone off to train with Batman and came back as Nightwing. But he had been almost fatally wounded in the last stand, and has since been in a coma for 8 years. The team tried to go on without him, but it was impossible to beat the forces of evil without a strong leader. They were horribly defeated and even more horribly wounded, forced to go into hiding to avoid being killed. Raven, Beastboy and Cyborg were the only ones who knew how that fight really turned out.

When Nightwing was brought down by a number of the Slade duplicates they had come up against in this final battle, Raven was the first to fight her way through to reach him and investigating with her powers knew he was as near to death as it is humanly possible to be without going beyond the brink. She knew the knowledge would probably crush Starfire if they were unable to save him. The battle was being lost, that much was obvious. So, Raven did the only thing she could think to do, she made it look to all that watched as though she, Cyborg, and Beast Boy were crushed by a tumbling building that had been under the attack of one of the other villains. There had been so many of them united in this one battle that they must have been rallied under someone, but whose banner they were under was a mystery to everyone but them.

In reality, Raven carried Nightwing away with her power and hid herself and the others as they retreated. In the end Nightwing had to be put in a life support capsule that Cyborg fashioned out of parts obtained from various abandoned hospitals. The three then hid for a time with him underground in an unknown location. When they finally concluded that there was nothing more that could be done by them at the time and that they were endangering him further by the necessity of having to come and go, and therein opening up the possibility that evildoers might follow them to their hiding place, they left him there, leaving no clues to his whereabouts, hoping that one day he would wake up and lead them to victory once more.

Cyborg used the little technology he had scrounged up to make a memory modification device, which he used to erase their memories of Robin's hidden location, even each other's. They were each exposed to the device one at a time by Cyborg, and exited not knowing what they were doing there, why they had come, or any plans of the others on how to hide. When it came time to use the device on himself, Cyborg made sure that he fired his blaster on maximum power at the same time, vaporizing it. He left like the others, without any idea of what he was doing there, why he had come, and where the other Titans were. They had agreed beforehand that it was better this way in case they were captured. The three had disappeared into the shadows, which were everywhere around them, and were lost to the wind.

But Nightwing has not awoken for 8 whole years, and the Titans' spirits are broken. Those that can, try to lead normal lives; at least as normal as possible with evil presiding over everything in their lives. Those that can't, live in the sewers with the rest of the people that have not submitted to evil.

They call themselves The Renegades, and their leader is none other than Starfire herself. Plagued by the loss of the four friends that meant everything to her, her once cheerful demeanor has hardened. She only shows her cheerfulness when she has to use her powers, and even that's not a guarantee. Her one goal in life is to beat the forces of evil one day, and rid the city of their foul, dirty control.

A mineral has been discovered that can give ordinary humans abilities beyond imagination. It's called Diamite. Simply by touch, Diamite mutates people. Some lose their bodies and become monsters with superhuman strength. Others gain the ability to change their shape at will. These are simply two examples of the almost limitless possibilities of what this mineral can bestow to ordinary humans. The properties of Diamite are simply not of this world.

Of course it's not of this world. It comes from Tamaran, Starfire's home planet. It's harmless to Tamaranians, and is therefore used as fuel for it's abundant energy. But other races are mutated by it. Even in small quantities, Diamite gives off potent energy, and a marble-sized piece would be enough to power a city for eons. Many minions of evil would love to get their hands on a piece of Diamite, so the quantity that The Renegades possess is a carefully guarded secret.
~*~

So there's been a lot of people asking questions either in the SU thread itself or by VM. I figured it would be better to have a full on discussion thread, so here it is.

First of all here's all the questions that have been asked so far, and some VM discussions I've had with people:
This is interesting. Will be an awesome way to bring back Ninjice. Is there a maximum age for this? Also, I cannot help but be reminded of a Batman arc where Gotham was decimated by an earthquake and cut off by the rest of the US.And my reply:
There's really no max age, as long as it's reasonable. For example an elderly person wouldn't really make sense.
~snip out~
~*~

Are neutral characters allowed, and does the character HAVE to be from Dark City, or can they be from somewhere else if you have a good explanation as to how they got in and why they did?And my reply:
Yes, as long as you can explain your reasons for not getting killed by all the villains having their way with practically everybody, why you're there if you're not a regular resident who is now stuck there or wants to help liberate the town, and your reasons for being there in general, you can be neutral. We just don't want the story spilling outside the city, but if the need arises this can change. Just not in the near future.

This really isn't a place people WANT to be in normally. They're either stuck there cause all means of escape are blocked and they've been enslaved, are enjoying the freedom to do what the heck they want to everybody else, or are there because they want to help set things right.

I don't see much reason to be neutral, but if you can spin it well, it's fine. ;) Go nuts, pretty much. I once derived advanced technology in a setting that had long lost access to such things. So yea, if you can make it make sense, go ahead.
~*~

~snip out~
Does this actually have a plot as in how things will go or is that up to the players tyring to figure out how to take down the antagonist
~snip out~And my reply:
~snip out~
I don't have a distinct plot outline with what I'd like to happen in order. I believe in RP where the GM doesn't dictate the entire story. That might as well be a fanfic. Everybody can and should attempt to shape the plot. You're free to do as you will as long as it doesn't get you killed, but there's tons of evil patrols. The villains shouldn't and do not know there there is a resistance movement at all. If they good guys don't show themselves, they can live out their entire lives in peace. Of course, what fun would that be? I don't have a fallback for another base, so if we get discovered and have to evacuate there's nowhere to go that I can think of.
~snip out~
~*~

~snip out~
But regarding plot, I mean like how would we proceed in beating the boss and reclaing the city?
~snip out~And my reply:
~snip out~
How? We haven't decided and it will not need to be decided for a while. Well see, Neo isn't a behind about stuff like this, especially with such an overpowered character. We don't need to worry about facing Shade for a while. We need to avoid her detection while keeping our base secret. Largely we will be fighting and beating the villains into submission, then either finding a way to contain them or just outright killing them completely out of existence. Neo will be making up adversaries for us and we will also be having conflicts with player villains. There is a plan in place for people who lose their characters to death, but do try to avoid death because it has to mean something that you've died and not just "Oh, I can just be revived so I should be reckless with no regard for my safety". There needs to be something left to revive from, and not everybody gets to become a ghost. If Shade turns you into candy and eats you, you're screwed and there's no way to revive you. Sorry.
~snip out~
~*~

Yeah, all right then. It's that in some RPGs, te lack of process starts to annoy people or make them not try as much in the RPG because they feel their actions are not having impact.And my reply:
~snip out~
Yea I don't like [not] having much impact on the plot either. I'm trying to make this plot player driven, not GM driven. We will monitor and guide it, not have sole direction on it. We are players too. But if it gets too far in a certain skewed direction and the goal is lost we need to get it back on course of course.
~snip out~
~*~

DVB also had some questions on exactly how powerful Shade is. While he wasn't able to understand it initially, and suggesting superspeed could be used to get in and kill her, I believe this quote will set the record straight:
~snip out~
She doesn't really need to read their minds. She just needs to know they're there. Shade has complete control over her reality. Stepping into it like stepping into a completely different dimension with different physics, which is in her favor. Everything in her area is in her favor. Everything. Including you. You're in her area, she owns you. Please, just trust me on this.

Shade no longer reads minds, but approaching her puts you under her influence once she knows you're there.

If I missed anybody's questions, please show me a link and I will add it in. Also please continue all questions and discussion in this thread from now on. This will also serve as the discussion for when the RP starts.

~*~

We are currently looking for a couple more player villains, and hopefully somebody to play Raven.

About villains in general. Being a villain doesn't necessarily mean your fate is to lose and be killed off. For one thing, Shade can revive the dead to torment the living. Second of all if you're captured and put in some kind of holding cell, there is the possibility of escape and wreaking further havoc. Sure I'd like the good guys to triumph, but that doesn't necessarily mean the villains shouldn't try their hardest. DO NOT play a villain if you plan to just roll over and die at some point, ok?

THEIRONDONUT
19th November 2012, 7:02 PM
When will the storyline begin developing? And will registered embers be allowed to submit entries on missions, Character files, chapters etc. Because If i am allowed, I would love to partake in the development of the storyline. I have worked on my para's as asked :)

EDIT: I also have another question. How many plot twists will there be? If our characters are dramatically killed of, turned comatose, vegetablised (that isn't a word, but hopefully you get the gist), then 1) will you PM us beforehand? And 2), will WE still be allowed to be involved, be it submitting chapters, coming up with plot developments, or just generally helping out with the story?

bronislav84
19th November 2012, 11:05 PM
I covered this. Please read what's already discussed.

This isn't a fanfic. The RP is player driven, not GM driven. You have a plan, present it to the others and gather forces to come with you. Neo and I will only guide the plot, not force it down people's throats.

There will be as many plot twists as we all, collectively, decide on and write in.

Player killing doesn't happen without permission and only if it's unavoidable. Assuming your character isn't vaporized, you can be revived from death. Both sides have access to a form of this. Of course that doesn't mean you should be reckless with no regard to your character's life, but there is a plan in place.

biggggg5
19th November 2012, 11:59 PM
What is the rp rated? Cuz my girlfriend made a great villain a while back but she is a little... Intense.

Avenger Angel
20th November 2012, 12:14 AM
Just so people know, I'm the one that Bron is referring to as "Neo." I got my name changed a ways back but I guess the nickname stuck.

Shade is meant to be powerful, yes. Definitely not a one-hit kill enemy. In the meantime, I'm a bit disappointed there's a severe lack of villains, but I have means of working around it by using NPC villains and possibly RPing things out from their perspective.

Anyway, Bron asked me to mention that the RP is in fact rated Teen.

Grassmaster411
20th November 2012, 12:19 AM
Just a note, my character, The Fossil, will be using some very obscure and not well known extinct creatures. To help everyone out, I will post a picture of said creature and I will try to describe it as well as possible. The only times I won't do this is when its a well known animal, like stegosaurus or a sabre toothed cat.

Also, I have some NPC villans and heros left over from my last Teen Titans RP. If your interested, you can use them. If you want to see them, please ask and I will post their bios here.

DVB
20th November 2012, 12:31 AM
You could also post a link to Wikipedia to help

bronislav84
20th November 2012, 12:46 AM
I'm sure Neo will like your villains Grass.

Also here's a full non-core list of characters, with links to full bios on the bottom for those that have them: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Teen_Titans_characters

Btw, just putting out there. Unless Neo wants to use her for something, I'm going to have Blackfire be a member of the Renegades on a Vegeta-like basis. Basically, the only reason she's around would be to make sure she's the one to defeat and humiliate Star, not anybody else. Kinda can't do that with Shade being there.

DVB
20th November 2012, 12:55 AM
Doesn't she have children to take care of?

bronislav84
20th November 2012, 12:57 AM
You saw that short too, huh? I'll make it work. She got a babysitter.

Grassmaster411
20th November 2012, 1:18 AM
Well, there goes my theory that Shade was really Blackfire

Here are my NPC villans. I'll get my NPC heros up wedsday or thursday at the latest.

Blackice: A 21 year-old girl with dark secrets. Her skin is blue, and covered in incriut tattoos. She has long charcoal black hair that goes down to her waist. She wears a tattered green Kimono. Her powers are a general control of ice, creating it, moving it, forming it, and using it for travel. She is the brains of this threesome of terror, directing movements and attacks. She has a cold, dark, and calculating persona, and would not hesitate to sacrifice a hostage. She is also known to use her seductivness to her advantage.

Knucklehead: His name means more than you think. With an I.Q. of -12, he is confused by the simplest things. He is mostly a machine, only his head still human. But he has incredible strengh. He could pick up and throw an Eighteen wheeler. His robotic body is huge and bulky, with arms and legs like industrial hydrualics. It is unknown how he got these. Because of his 'intelligence' he mostly does whatever Blackice tells him.

The Phantom: From French descent, this ghostly villan is always prepared. He wears a black cloak and top hat, and his face is covered by a smiling opera mask. Inside his cloak, he carries almost every weapon imaginable. Swords, knives, throwing stars, daggers, katana's, grenades, and even nunckucks. He also has power. He can beccome invisible, and phase through walls and other solid materials. He is the tech guy for the team, and rarly talks, even to his teamates.

Avenger Angel
20th November 2012, 1:29 AM
I can't RP any canon villains. I'll be honest, I've never actually watched Teen Titans, so I know nothing about who the villains are, what their personalities are like, what their backgrounds are, and so on.

My plans are to just make up my own villains to serve as Shade's henchmen. I think that should work out fine.

bronislav84
20th November 2012, 2:12 AM
Dude I linked you all the villains. They're really not that complicated. Also you can always ask me or the other people, like Grass.

You sure?

DVB
20th November 2012, 2:15 AM
Oh wow, an archenemy for Ninjice

Zalck
20th November 2012, 2:17 AM
Was my sign up over-looked....

Zekshirom
20th November 2012, 2:20 AM
Marion lives in a noticable mansion, and her generosity is well-known, so she gets visitors often. Maybe somebody could meet her, and she senses their powers, then shows them Wyvern in secret.

bronislav84
20th November 2012, 2:51 AM
I'm sorry, Zalck. I dunno about Neo's reason, but I can't read sign ups too well in my phone cause it comes out too long. Sorry, I'll get to it when my computer has Internet again. I can only stay 2 hours online.

I can only skim on my phone, which is why I haven't been able to give a full analysis of it.

Avenger Angel
20th November 2012, 6:28 AM
Dude I linked you all the villains. They're really not that complicated. Also you can always ask me or the other people, like Grass.

You sure?

I'll give it a shot, but if I get them wrong, it's not my fault. I don't want to have to research every villain before bringing them into action.

Was my sign up over-looked....

It wasn't. I just haven't gotten around to it yet because I've been busy with other things, and honestly, it hasn't even been 24 hours since it was posted. Your sign up is pretty huge after all, which means either one of us needs to allot the time out to read it from beginning to end. Try to be a little patient, please. We'll get around to it eventually.

Zalck
20th November 2012, 9:41 AM
It wasn't. I just haven't gotten around to it yet because I've been busy with other things, and honestly, it hasn't even been 24 hours since it was posted. Your sign up is pretty huge after all, which means either one of us needs to allot the time out to read it from beginning to end. Try to be a little patient, please. We'll get around to it eventually.

I just wanted to be sure. There were a lot of reasons, I wasn't being impatient. It was right before a new page, and I saw Bron post without acknowledging it. I've ran RPs here before, I know the posting system can get crazy, sometimes. Please, bear with me. :) It's Thanksgiving break and I'm home from college and bored at home, while the rest of my family is at work or school during the day.

Also, hopefully tomorrow (If I don't get too busy) I will send a PM to both of you GMs with what I meant by 'I'll contact you later' with what I put on my character's Other info. However, I've stayed up playing Black Ops II for too long now, and will attend to it tomorrow. Maybe. Yeah, hopefully. As in Tuesday, that's what I mean by tomorrow.

Samantha Sparks
20th November 2012, 11:05 AM
Since my character is a magician, is it OK for him to learn new spells much later in the story. Of course, these new spells are not entirely new, but are basically improvements to his current spells.

bronislav84
20th November 2012, 11:50 AM
I dunno Neo, for me it's easier to use existing characters than make up entirety new ones, but that's just me.

Food Guy's signup was not too huge to read on my phone. I'd just like to say sorry again Zalck.

Samantha I'd say you can start learning new spells as soon as they're needed. Entirely new ones, too. With how we designed her, Shade can be a little....overwhelming.

Oh and I'd like to acknowledge I did read you Zekshirom, just wasn't sure what to say since it was a comment to everybody. All I can say is the mansion might be looking abandoned by now or something, since richer people would probably be the first to be looted. You might have a hard time meeting up with people who don't feel like going to look for you specifically, without meeting bad guys. The city is arbitrarily huge, after all.

Perhaps it's better to make a map? I'm just wondering how people feel about this. I'm personally not good at maps, and making a map takes out some of the mystery and spontaneity, solidifying the playing field. It can become too predictable.

Avenger Angel
20th November 2012, 3:49 PM
Yeah, I definitely agree with Bron here. People shouldn't feel restricted into feeling they can't train or add on new abilities to their characters.

As for a city map, I suggest we just use an already existing real life city map and just go off of that. City maps take a very long time to make.

biggggg5
20th November 2012, 4:17 PM
Jump city is based on San Francisco and Boston so maybe we can use a map of them

THEIRONDONUT
20th November 2012, 5:54 PM
I would be perfectly happy to CREATE a villain, but any of the writers would have access to him/her. Also, I will clarify My characters powers and then, if you want, you can post suggestions on ways of killing him, to balance out the range of abilities at his disposal. I have a great concept for him, that I would like to share with you all. Basically, I kinda adapted the concept of the Greek hero Achilles. I was thinking, that my character, has 2 main Achilles heels, but they are both MENTAL, NOT PHYSICAL. The first one is the Tommy one, as anyone who read my character's application, but the second could be that, if Renegade is mentally blocked from wolf, he will be put into a raging state, and without wolf to help direct his anger and calm him down, then he will become like Peeta out of hunger games, an angry person that attacks anyone he sees, and will have to be locked up because he is mentally unstable. But, I don't know how they would be able to detain him... Thoughts? I will get around to making you a villain ASAP

biggggg5
20th November 2012, 6:33 PM
How strong is shade's telepathy?

Avenger Angel
20th November 2012, 7:15 PM
How strong is shade's telepathy?

If you're within her mile five radius of power influence, she can pretty much read all your character's thoughts. And it allows me to use what would generally be considered OOC knowledge in my favor.

Sorry, but in an RP with nearly a dozen heroes and barely any bad guys, she's got to have the edge.

bronislav84
20th November 2012, 8:09 PM
Donut that would be bothersome to have around. Shade can already read his mind and make him blow the heck up whenever she wants. That weakness is really too unstable to even have, and I think you should just take it out. We don't need friendly fire.

Other thing is, the Villains should not know there's a building resistance movement at all, who is a member, or who the leaders/generals are. It just happens that people tend to disappear and reappear randomly, but nobody in the Villain community knows what's going on yet. For now, Shade included. There's no battles being fought yet either, and both sides are just recruiting, while the Villains believe they're in complete control of the city.

Any questions?

Also I'll get to putting my final thoughts on the people waiting to be added to the first post later today. I need to charge my phone so it's battery lasts the full 2 hours I need to use its hot spot feature for my computer as long as possible. That's when I'll look over those who aren't added in yet into the first post, and add them in. I do trust Neo, but I'd like to see stuff for myself, too. Lately I've just had time to skim, and I'm sorry for that.

Avenger Angel
20th November 2012, 9:11 PM
Other thing is, the Villains should not know there's a building resistance movement at all, who is a member, or who the leaders/generals are. It just happens that people tend to disappear and reappear randomly, but nobody in the Villain community knows what's going on yet. For now, Shade included. There's no battles being fought yet either, and both sides are just recruiting, while the Villains believe they're in complete control of the city.

No. No. No. No. No. Please.

Let's get right into things and not slowly and painfully waddle around dealing with slow, interest-killing and motivation-slaughtering formalities and sheepish turtle tactics. It's bad, and every time I see an RP do it, it dies before the action starts. The best storylines, movies, video games, and RPs I've been in got the action and the intensity moving IMMEDIATELY. Furthermore, the exposition has already been set. We already know the Resistance is forming and recruiting, and they can continue to do so over the course of the fight. We don't need to rehash the point across again and again until we're tired enough to go look for other things to do besides participating in this RP.

Otherwise, there's actually no reason for me to even post with Shade except for the one "oh, I've already conquered everything I need to" exposition post until the Resistance comes out, which may be a while, so I might as well go back to playing Team Fortress 2 or Borderlands 2 until you guys are actually ready to really get things started for real this time. And if you guys take your sweet time with the recruiting process before finally getting the courage to take a stand, it's going to get boring for the villain side and make it even less appealing to sign up for.

Lastly, the only way for Shade to not be aware of the Resistance is that it can't actually exist yet or is so small that the one or two people that are aware of it have managed to evade Shade's Aura. So no, please. Let's get through the boring pre-game events quickly and get straight to the heart of the action.

Grassmaster411
20th November 2012, 9:40 PM
I have a question about Shades Aura. I read it extends in a 5 mile radius around her, but does that apply to whats above or below her? If I had the Fossil flying high above her as a pterosaur, would she know? Or If he burrowed deep underneather he fortress as a diictodon, would she be able to tell? I'm mainly curious, but I've had a few ideas.

biggggg5
20th November 2012, 9:42 PM
I have a question about Shades Aura. I read it extends in a 5 mile radius around her, but does that apply to whats above or below her? If I had the Fossil flying high above her as a pterosaur, would she know? Or If he burrowed deep underneather he fortress as a diictodon, would she be able to tell? I'm mainly curious, but I've had a few ideas.

Adding on to this is the aura visible?

bronislav84
20th November 2012, 9:59 PM
No. No. No. No. No. Please.

Let's get right into things and not slowly and painfully waddle around dealing with slow, interest-killing and motivation-slaughtering formalities and sheepish turtle tactics. It's bad, and every time I see an RP do it, it dies before the action starts. The best storylines, movies, video games, and RPs I've been in got the action and the intensity moving IMMEDIATELY. Furthermore, the exposition has already been set. We already know the Resistance is forming and recruiting, and they can continue to do so over the course of the fight. We don't need to rehash the point across again and again until we're tired enough to go look for other things to do besides participating in this RP.

Otherwise, there's actually no reason for me to even post with Shade except for the one "oh, I've already conquered everything I need to" exposition post until the Resistance comes out, which may be a while, so I might as well go back to playing Team Fortress 2 or Borderlands 2 until you guys are actually ready to really get things started for real this time. And if you guys take your sweet time with the recruiting process before finally getting the courage to take a stand, it's going to get boring for the villain side and make it even less appealing to sign up for.

Lastly, the only way for Shade to not be aware of the Resistance is that it can't actually exist yet or is so small that the one or two people that are aware of it have managed to evade Shade's Aura. So no, please. Let's get through the boring pre-game events quickly and get straight to the heart of the action.You had no problem with it before when we talked about it, why now? Shade can singlehandedly slaughter everybody as the RP starts. We need to build some kind of strategy before facing her. I thought we agreed on this?

And yes it's meant to be that nobody has wandered into her radius yet. Otherwise she can just storm in and kill everybody because she'd know our location.

What else would you have me do? Attacking her right as the RP starts is suicidal. We all know it.

Hmm Grass, I'm gonna let Neo answer this, because I hadn't really thought of that. Maybe it's half spherical? Doesn't extend below ground level very much, if at all?

As for visible. It really doesn't have to be. You should be able to see the difference just by how changed the landscape becomes. If Neo wants to have signs beyond that or not change the landscape, then I'll leave this to him to decide.

Zalck
20th November 2012, 10:17 PM
Can we use this for a map: http://www.shipdetective.com/images/maps/San_Francisco_districts_map.png
(P.S. It's a huge image)

We can just state what district or area of that district we are in, just to get a general idea of space and position.

Also, I'm just going to post my ideas here instead of PM. Well, most of them.

First, I would like to suggest (Especially since we are trying to decided how to start the action) that what I used in my RP sample (edited to how you see fit) be the opening post of the RP, therefore others can either have been listening to the speech, or are the members going on Sam's 'mission' that will give some of us our first actions. That way, we really aren't doing anything 'major' against the bad guys, but we are also have some 'action' to go off of. Definitely just a suggestion, but I think that will help us get off on the right foot.

Also, I am considering a Villain Sign-Up, but unsure if I really want to handle two characters. I can always create some sub-generic bad guys for us to bag on, and for Shade to use. Perhaps Shade found all the cannon baddies to weak and puny, and either enslaved them to her bidding, killed them, or sent them away (where they joined the renegades). That way, we can use SOME cannon on the bad side, SOME cannon on the good side (I.e. Starfire's sister, as Brons suggested) and it would explain why some of them never show up at all (enslaved to mundane tasks, or they're dead.) Since Shade can basically set up her own reality, she can re-create people or things into new baddies that will do her every bidding.

My villain character is actually forming up quite nice at the moment... If it was an A.I. persay like Cortana on Halo, since she could be everywhere and no-where, can she be immune to Shade's reality bending powers? Since she is literally a program, and has no physical form, I feel like she would not be a part of the reality that Shade could bend. Not that she would be completely invincible, like she could be destroyed if Shade disconnects her, and traps her in a physical storage device, and destroy's that device. Or there could be other ways. But I feel like I would need a baddie that would not be 100% at the will of Shade. That basically means Neo needs to approve it.

I think the last thing, I will PM Brons and Neo about, seeing as I want it to be more of a surprise.... Okay. I think this wraps this post up!

Avenger Angel
20th November 2012, 11:01 PM

It's pretty much a giant sphere around her. So yeah, it would cover the skies.

Adding on to this is the aura visible?

I would say yes. Let it be a kind of violet-colored bubble around her, although the changes inside would be a pretty obvious far offshoot from reality just to make it even more obvious.

You had no problem with it before when we talked about it, why now? Shade can singlehandedly slaughter everybody as the RP starts. We need to build some kind of strategy before facing her. I thought we agreed on this?

And yes it's meant to be that nobody has wandered into her radius yet. Otherwise she can just storm in and kill everybody because she'd know our location.

What else would you have me do? Attacking her right as the RP starts is suicidal. We all know it.

Well, then we have a pretty severe issue in terms of communication getting across. Like I explained in our chats, I AM NOT GOING TO SLAUGHTER EVERYONE WITH SHADE'S POWERS BECAUSE THAT'S NOT THE WAY SHE BEHAVES. I'll repeat it again. I AM NOT GOING TO SLAUGHTER EVERYONE WITH SHADE'S POWERS BECAUSE THAT'S NOT THE WAY SHE BEHAVES. She will be challenging and tricky to deal with, but I'm not going to make it "suicidal" to face her, because then no one will even want to go near the Aura and it makes for a very, very lame duck RP.

So please, don't urge people to utilize turtle tactics and waddle slowly with boring exposition stuff. Have a little bravado and go for the gusto. You go after her, she goes after you, and so on. I'm not going to be zapping people dead left and right with her powers, but I don't want to see you guys just hiding in holes the entire RP and not stepping up to the plate. Either go big or go home. Seriously. It really does sound like you simply just don't trust me at all with this and you're encouraging everyone to not even try.

And like I said before, the best villains DO NOT KILL THE HERO. They keep messing with them and keep letting them helplessly see the mess they've made while the villain enjoys it.

Can we use this for a map: http://www.shipdetective.com/images/maps/San_Francisco_districts_map.png
(P.S. It's a huge image)

We can just state what district or area of that district we are in, just to get a general idea of space and position.

That rocks, let's just use that and stick with it. It's easy to follow and there's plenty of space to use.

As for the other stuff, if Bron really insists on doing exposition stuff, okay, but I really want to expedite it and get things going. He may like turtling, but I urge everyone else to step up to the challenge and not think going after Shade is "suicidal." Shade is tricky and crazy, but she's not some kind of goddess that smites people instantly. She toys with them and plays cat and mouse with them. Yeah, she'll kill a few people every now and then to set an example, but she's not out to turn all of Jump City into a nuclear holocaust.

Grassmaster411
20th November 2012, 11:37 PM
It's pretty much a giant sphere around her. So yeah, it would cover the skies..

Yes, but HOW far up? and you didn't mention if it goes underground as well. If it only goes a few inches down, the Fossil can just dig a tunnel under her, deliver a bomb or something and taker her out.

bronislav84
20th November 2012, 11:57 PM
Ok Neo, I guess we did have a communication issue there, cause I thought you were cool with it. Sorry man. I like your idea better.

I do trust you, but then again I'm not the one who designed her inner personally and inner thoughts. I left that to you and I wasn't 100 percent sure on how you were going to play her personality. Fairly or not wasn't the question.

On the rest, fair enough, but I personally need an exposition and somewhere to hoard the unfortunate people who are outcasts now. If we lose the base, like I've said, I have no fallback plan.

I also like the map. It's organized enough that we know relative locations, but arbitrary enough that we can say we're in a distinct and not be actually near each other. There's room to wiggle.

Grass he's literally talking about a sphere, 5 meters radius with Shade in the middle. As I thought.

Let's have fun people!

Grassmaster411
21st November 2012, 12:36 AM
Grass he's literally talking about a sphere, 5 meters radius with Shade in the middle. As I thought.

Sorry if I'm getting annoying, but I just have to understand this. Is her bubble 5 meters or 5 miles? The sign-up said 5 miles.

bronislav84
21st November 2012, 12:57 AM
Yup, it's miles. Meters just wouldn't be practical.

Billy Mays
21st November 2012, 2:57 AM
So I gotta ask, Shade needs to KNOW about someone's presence for her to be able to effect someone specifically, right? So if you were say, invisible, Shade wouldn't know you are there? And I would assume since my character also has mind reading powers (to an extent), he'd be able to prevent Shade from reading his thoughts, whilst simutaniously she would be able to block him from affecting her mind?

Also got an idea for a villian; he's gonna be simple, and he's not really going to be loyal. But hey, he'll be a villian.

Zalck
21st November 2012, 3:04 AM
I think that the thing to remember about Shade, like any good uber-villain, is that she will have a weakness. Do we know what it is yet? No. Even when we know what it is, will we know a plan on how to exploit it? no. But these are things to be solved in time. If we really could just defeat her in a battle, then why hadn't we done it already? It doesn't make sense.

Just thing about video games. If you could beat the final boss right at the beginning, where would the fun be?

And on the flip side, if the Final Boss just walked up to you in your first level and demolished you, where would the fun be in that? For both the hero and the villain. That's how games, TV shows, movies, stories, etc. Work.

I dunno. I'm just saying for ya'll to think about.

bronislav84
21st November 2012, 3:05 AM
Know, as in sense you for at least a one bazillion'th of a second. Mind reading optional.

If somebody is psychic I would say they're allowed to have a battle of wits with her, but winning and not getting mind read would depend on who writes it better.

Zalck you make excellent points. Just one thing though, most video game villains don't see the hero as much of a threat at the start of the game, or aren't aware of them for 75% of the story. Neo wants to have Shade start off knowing about the residence existing.

Samantha Sparks
21st November 2012, 3:56 AM
I have an idea for a villian. This new villian primarily serves as Kotamae's nemesis, although he will often try to hunt down other heroes. This villian won't be human, and he will have three minions at his disposal.

Should I make an app for this new villian?

bronislav84
21st November 2012, 4:54 AM
For those making Villains while already having a hero "main", I'd say you should only make a form for them if you are going to be writing from their perspective separately. If you're just going to write them occasionally, or letting Neo narrate them, prolly doesn't need a full form.

Avenger Angel
21st November 2012, 5:14 AM
Okay, I'm honestly thinking of scratching off Shade's mind reading/controlling powers, since it's making everyone... paranoid. That, and it would solve the problem of making sure she doesn't know the real truth behind the Resistance but can still be aware of it being out there somewhere. She could be trying to find it, but since she can't read minds, they're staying hidden from her. Meanwhile, you guys can work behind the scenes and do your thing.

She has plenty of arsenal at her fingertips already even without that, so it's not exactly going to put her in a meager situation. Since everyone is concerned about these powers of hers, I say I drop them for her.

So yeah, those are my thoughts.

biggggg5
21st November 2012, 5:42 AM
I agree that mind reading and reality bending together may be a little overpowered. Maybe she just knows exactly where people are when they are in the aura or something?

bronislav84
21st November 2012, 5:51 AM
Yes, let's go with what Big suggests, while removing reading everybody's minds/control of NPCs. Nice compromise that sets everybody at ease a bit. What do you think Neo?

Avenger Angel
21st November 2012, 5:57 AM
Yes, let's go with what Big suggests, while removing reading everybody's minds/control of NPCs. Nice compromise that sets everybody at ease a bit. What do you think Neo?

Yeah, I'm game with that. Instead of being a mind reading/mind controlling thing, it can just work more as a radar instead.

EDIT: Actually, I think it would be better even without that ability. I think it would be better if she could be caught by surprise. So yeah, no mind reading/controlling power at all. She's got plenty already.

bronislav84
21st November 2012, 6:54 AM
No if she can be caught by surprise, that's game. Super speedy characters can just kill her in 2 seconds as DVB originally suggested to me by VM. Let's just leave it as being able to sense they're in her area and where, immediately. Insta-radar.

Avenger Angel
21st November 2012, 3:07 PM
No if she can be caught by surprise, that's game. Super speedy characters can just kill her in 2 seconds as DVB originally suggested to me by VM. Let's just leave it as being able to sense they're in her area and where, immediately. Insta-radar.

Nah, there's plenty of ways to counter something like that even without a "radar." Even with her being up against super speedy characters.

Besides, if she has a "radar," then the element of stealth goes out the window. The good guys should have a chance to sneak behind enemy lines if clever and resourceful stealth tactics are used, even while in Shade's Aura. I also think this would motivate people into being more on the offensive rather than defensive.

bronislav84
21st November 2012, 4:00 PM
Ok, your funeral. :P I just don't want this to be easy if somebody plays a Flash-like character. Their super speed is just overpowered. Flash can beat people's faces in a thousand times before they even have a chance to react.

Sight based doesn't always work. If you're sure I'll remove it from the first post here when I'm adding people to approved later today.

THEIRONDONUT
21st November 2012, 5:00 PM
FOr the aura, what about the star wars concept of the deflector shields? It would mean that people must enter her aura to attack her, so ranged attacks would be harder, giving the villains an adavntage. Thoughts?

Avenger Angel
21st November 2012, 5:26 PM
Ok, your funeral. :P I just don't want this to be easy if somebody plays a Flash-like character. Their super speed is just overpowered. Flash can beat people's faces in a thousand times before they even have a chance to react.

Sight based doesn't always work. If you're sure I'll remove it from the first post here when I'm adding people to approved later today.

It definitely won't be easy.

Shade pretty much gets Flash-like powers while she's in her own Aura anyway, so they'd be on an even ground when it comes to that. If this were an MMORPG, think of Shade as a raid boss. Not impossible to take down, but there's no way to do it alone, and you're going to need teamwork and coordination to overwhelm her.

So yeah, don't go preparing the casket and the flowers already. They may not offer refunds.

FOr the aura, what about the star wars concept of the deflector shields? It would mean that people must enter her aura to attack her, so ranged attacks would be harder, giving the villains an adavntage. Thoughts?

You would pretty much HAVE to enter Shade's Aura to attack her. Making a shot from five miles away is totally impossible. Even sniper shots from ONE mile away have to take into account things like wind speed, projectile drop, weather, and even the rotation of the Earth.

So yeah, you're going to have to walk into the dragon's cave to take down the dragon.

bronislav84
21st November 2012, 6:48 PM
Well if you're sure, Ok.

*goes back to charging the phone to be able to use Internet on the computer*

THEIRONDONUT
22nd November 2012, 5:41 PM
Ok then. Can someone please list the renegades, so that i can gain a perspective on the team. SO far i am aware of the following charcters that are DIRECTLY INVOLVED with the renegades;

Starfire
Captain Reaction
The Fossil
LifeBane
Renegade

I am also aware of the characters Wyvern and The french illosion dude whose name escapes me.

biggggg5
22nd November 2012, 10:25 PM
Game boy is one of the renegades

bronislav84
23rd November 2012, 3:07 PM
Hmm I think you got it right Donut, unless we're counting NPCs, of which there's a lot more but there's too many to list. Also yea, you forgot Big's character.

I just got through putting everybody into the first post. If I missed anyone please let me know. There's still some issues with Donut's characters, but I trust you to fix it up so I added it to the first post anyway. Also I need you to take out the A-Bomb thing, man. It's not exactly healthy for either side.

How about we start on Sunday or Monday? What does everyone think?

Samantha Sparks
23rd November 2012, 3:14 PM
The earlier the better.
Sunday sounds nice.

biggggg5
23rd November 2012, 3:15 PM
I am ready to start whenever you guys are

Zekshirom
23rd November 2012, 3:33 PM
Sunday is good.

bronislav84
23rd November 2012, 5:08 PM
It's way too early to suggest an ending, since we haven't even started yet, although you know the intended one is the city gets reclaimed. I thought that was obvious? This thread will be used for all brainstorming, so don't be shy guys.

Avenger Angel
23rd November 2012, 6:02 PM
Yeah, let's not be thinking of endings already. It's almost a 100% guarantee that any premeditated ending will not happen the way people intended, especially before things have even started.

I'm also fine with starting on Sunday. Sounds good to me.

Zalck
24th November 2012, 1:07 AM
I would not be able to post until Sunday evening. Driving back to college, and Fraternity Elections and such. But I could possible get a post in Sunday.

THEIRONDONUT
24th November 2012, 1:35 PM
Hey guys, I just had a read through of the past comments and stuff, and I just wanted to throw some stuff out there that might be interesting.

1) I think Min reading kinda sucks, as it just makes it so much harder to move, so what about this as a compromise: Shade can sense changes in the air inside her bubble, meaning she can sense where people are inside her bubble. Maybe not Pin-point, as having an army inside with her, and an enemy strike force as well, would just make it too hard, but she can sense the general area of where her enemies are, and if in combat, can sense when their muscles tighten and they are about to pounce/jump/strike, but only when they are in an attacking position (if she could do that all the time, then she could kill all retreating enemies with a flick of her wrist)

2) I looked at the map, don't know if you approved it from Zalck, but I had an idea: The Renegades could be placed at the South-East quadrant. The Southern Fwy is the main patrol route, though heroes can delve deeper (as Renegade does in his RP sample). The best point of access for a tactical strike would be through Lake Merced/the forests surrounding it, as that could be a really good setting for a fight/a great way to split up groups and create more drama. The villains would have, as their border territories, The Avenues, Haight, and Soma, and everything behind it is Villain occupied. In between is up for exploration, a 'No-mans land' if you like.

3) I like Bron's idea of recruiting, but I think the action should start early on. How about, the main characters starting out are: Captain Reaction, Renegade, LifeBane and Gameboy. I like the idea of, after REactions speech, Renegade and Reaction go on a basic scouting patrol, and as this is (I presume) in the early stages of enemy occupation, all teams are unsure of the boundaries. They then find the Fossil, who is protecting a group of civilians, and recruit him. Then, the story unfolds. More battles happen, we recruit the rest of the submitted heroes, we throw in the odd chapter about the rouge heroes and Villains, and the plot unfolds

Remember, I am just throwing idea's out here, and as Bron said, it's a brainstorming thread, so I guess i'm storming my brain! Also, 2 quick questions,

1) *I forgot, Iwill get back to you in an edit*

2) Can I have a mutual position with Captain Reaction, he is the second in command, but Renegade is... The General. He orders the troops on the feild of battle, and still commands a lot of respect with the others, being one of the first original Renegades?

Thank you, and I look forward to the start of this Epic RPG :)

bronislav84
24th November 2012, 1:58 PM
Fossil is already a member. Villains have been in control for 8 years, so not so much early changes. You can be high ranking, but I liked how the Captain was written into a story inside the base. You didn't really do that and too late now.

Too much to think about the rest. Will come back to comment on that later when there's time.

DVB
24th November 2012, 3:15 PM
I've been gone a bit. But, I put in my profile that Ninjice was pretty much there since the early days of this :/

Shouldn't we let the two Co-GMs decides who is 2nd in command and such

Zekshirom
24th November 2012, 3:24 PM
I've decided for ONLY Marion to play a violin. She's normally on the balcony of the mansion playing it, so people can hear it most of the time and see her up there.

THEIRONDONUT
24th November 2012, 4:44 PM
Ok then, as I mentioned, those where only ideas for the story line, I was just trying to incorporate ideas, also, I wasn't trying to say I outrank Captain Reaction, I'm just saying that I want my character to have respect, either out of fear (which is most likely) or because he has been a long serving member. I know that Fossil was already a member, but I was just expanding on a previous comment of Early Recruiting. I am only Brainstorming ideas.

PS: watch the video in Zekshirom's Sig, its powerful, and I wish Sahtori the best

bronislav84
25th November 2012, 12:52 AM
Donut every player is pretty much high ranking and has everybody else's respect. Don't worry none of you are grunts unless you want to be a grunt.

As for the locations, that's not a bad idea. South East it is. I'm assuming City Hall is in the center somewhere, and that's where the center of Shades operation is.

THEIRONDONUT
25th November 2012, 10:48 AM
Yeah, ok. I was thinking that, with the layout, we can stage some pretty good stealth missions for each team, with the lake, and the buildings that cordone off a select area. It's in Sunday in England, so does that mean we are going to begin posting the storyline?

EDIT: Here are the clothes that my Hero will be wearing, the mask i couldn't find one anywhere, so I've done a (bad) sketch of the basic design. Bon Apetite!

You may have to zoom in on it :)

DVB
26th November 2012, 5:49 AM
I set up what could be the first plot. I hope no one is bothered and that it is accepted. If not, then changes could be made.

bronislav84
26th November 2012, 6:11 AM
It sounds good. I expect we'll have to destroy it so it doesn't fall into the wrong hands, or something. Otherwise it's a bit too easy of a solution just to time travel and prevent this all from happening. Or we can keep it as a backup plan.

What's everybody think of how I included Blackie? She's still evil, just Vegeta kind of evil.

Samantha Sparks
26th November 2012, 6:21 AM
The Yoko has been awakened, and Kotamae pays a visit to Marion.
I wonder how this will turn out.

PeeGee
26th November 2012, 11:54 AM
Honestly, I could easily see the machine getting accidentally destroyed in a battle or something like that. Also don't worry about Lifebane being too macabre, it is something that eventually he will find himself snapping out of. Also *foreshadowing* for future developments for him.

Also I'm in the process of writing up a sign-up for a villain, and will probably have it up sometime over the next few days.

DVB
26th November 2012, 1:20 PM
It sounds good. I expect we'll have to destroy it so it doesn't fall into the wrong hands, or something. Otherwise it's a bit too easy of a solution just to time travel and prevent this all from happening. Or we can keep it as a backup plan.

What's everybody think of how I included Blackie? She's still evil, just Vegeta kind of evil.

Well... it's not like they don't know that Shade is from the same world as Starfire. Furthermore, it could just be prototypical. I also have some other ideas that could be used to stop Shade if we need some things to do.

bronislav84
26th November 2012, 3:41 PM
Unless you've been above ground and survived an encounter with Shade to talk about it, no you probably wouldn't know who she is just yet. Although looking at her it should be obvious by her eyebrows, which are Starfire-like.

Let's try not to resolve the story in one page. Please? :)

DVB
26th November 2012, 4:11 PM
Unless you've been above ground and survived an encounter with Shade to talk about it, no you probably wouldn't know who she is just yet. Although looking at her it should be obvious by her eyebrows, which are Starfire-like.

Well someone has to have heard something. The odds of no one getting a glimpse of her is kinda low considering what a massive influence she is.Most people can see it and sooner or later someone would figure it out during these years.

Oh I know, but no one is saying it would be resolved. They have no clue what she looks like, they just spy on the chaos she is creating.

Avenger Angel
26th November 2012, 6:23 PM

It actually does make sense though for word of her to have gotten around. After all, Osama Bin Laden's name sure got around even though he did a lot of hiding. It's understandable if none of the Renegades have seen her personally, but they'd at least know her name and what she's been doing, along with getting heads up from civilians who were subjected to Shade's powers, but left the Aura when she moved away. But you're probably right that they wouldn't know where Shade came from.

Otherwise, you're asking for Shade, who doesn't know the Renegades exist, to stumble upon the Renegades, who wouldn't know Shade exists, or vice versa. It just seems weird for the Renegades to be totally aware that Dark City is a disaster but have no clue who is responsible for it, especially when Shade isn't exactly hiding herself and walks openly without a care in the world, manipulating everything around her.

bronislav84
26th November 2012, 6:32 PM
Fine so we'll have names known, but not seen personally. But yea it wouldn't exactly be known where she's from just yet.

THEIRONDONUT
26th November 2012, 11:25 PM
Basically, here's my theory on how each group reacts with one another: Renegades know that the forces oppressing them is rumored to be called Shade, but at the moment, that is all Shade is: Chinese Whispers, a Shadow in the corner of the room that is becoming more black and menacing by the day. On the other hand, I would have thought Shade's forces would have encountered the odd resistance party, and killed them off. She probably thought these where just random survivors, curious and foolish enough to look for new 'territories', possibly for shelter, but Shade's concept of coincidence is running thin. She is beginning to believe that these attacks and scout patrols may be part of something larger. Then, eventually, both group's hunches are confirmed, and the war begins... And that's my hypothesis :)

Avenger Angel
26th November 2012, 11:38 PM
Basically, here's my theory on how each group reacts with one another: Renegades know that the forces oppressing them is rumored to be called Shade, but at the moment, that is all Shade is: Chinese Whispers, a Shadow in the corner of the room that is becoming more black and menacing by the day. On the other hand, I would have thought Shade's forces would have encountered the odd resistance party, and killed them off. She probably thought these where just random survivors, curious and foolish enough to look for new 'territories', possibly for shelter, but Shade's concept of coincidence is running thin. She is beginning to believe that these attacks and scout patrols may be part of something larger. Then, eventually, both group's hunches are confirmed, and the war begins... And that's my hypothesis :)

To be honest, I like the sound of this. It's a great build up toward the main heat of the action, and I think it will work pretty well.

Grassmaster411
26th November 2012, 11:43 PM
Should I be doing anything specific with my "Personal Mission"? I noticed it in Donuts post, and I'm not sure where to go from that. His post said it affected Fossil, but it doesn't seem to. At least not directly.

PeeGee
27th November 2012, 12:03 AM
Just a quick little question, do we have communicators of any sort, or walkie talkies or anything like that?

bronislav84
27th November 2012, 12:07 AM
I like Donut's idea too.

Grass, there's some small bunnying on Donut's part. I've been trying to sort it out so he doesn't need to rewrite his whole post, but he seems to have picked a couple players to be given missions from Star including himself, when I haven't posted about yet. I was going to and it's like he read my mind, but it seems awkward as it is now. I have no idea how you wanna proceed, but that seems to be the gist of it. It's late for him, so his post probably won't make sense until he wakes up later.

Grassmaster411
27th November 2012, 12:11 AM
ok, I thought of a good idea to encorporate it anyway.

bronislav84
27th November 2012, 12:21 AM
Yea best we can do is work off it as it is now. Donut prolly won't need to edit it. I'll try to make it work in my next post, soon as my phone charges to full so I can share it's Internet to my computer by WiFi.

Why yes, yes we do have communicators. I'm assuming paying a cell phone bill is out of the question, so we should just use wrist or pocket communicators to get texts across and talk on our own closed network.

Billy Mays
27th November 2012, 12:24 AM
By the way, you can expect my character I'llusionniste to be extremely friendly towards everyone he meets, including villians. God, I can just imagine how hilarious it'll be when he first interacts with villians like Madame Mist or The Yoko. Heh heh.

Pokefan0234
27th November 2012, 3:13 AM
So... who exactly runs all the communications for the villains? There's been mention of a communications tower and walkie-talkies, but I'm not entirely sure how they relate to the villains as a whole, seeing as some of the villains aren't in any real alliance with the others.

Also, Dark City reminds me a whole lot of the prison-city that Batman: Arkham City takes place in.

bronislav84
27th November 2012, 4:29 AM
Noted, Billy. We need some comedy around here.

Magic Pokefan. No really, let's just assume both have a way to communicate with their own faction. Or rough affiliated faction, since we have neutral evils, unaffiliated goods, and just plain neutrals now. That doesn't exactly mean communications can't be knocked offline, just that it shouldn't be thought too much about. Communication is needed and each has a closed communication network. If people want to pursue it and work it out further than this, be my guest.

Neo and I haven't thought much on it. We're trying not to over-complicate things.

THEIRONDONUT
27th November 2012, 8:28 AM
Each team could always have a psychic link between them, maybe on different frequencys?

bronislav84
27th November 2012, 8:33 AM
Eh, would require somebody on each side to maintain the link and cover the entire city. Too much work, even for an NPC man. Good idea, but no idea how to execute it properly.

biggggg5
27th November 2012, 5:54 PM
I talked to bronislav via VM and he said I can let my character switch forms and get rid of the cool down. Just letting you all know.

THEIRONDONUT
27th November 2012, 6:08 PM
well basically, The said Psychic could do the following:

*for renegades, it would be quite hard to execute, so maybe not a good idea

*for Shade's forces, maybe only use it if an important message needs relaying, only in combat, and only to high Ranking members. Say, Shade wanted to send a message to Madame Mist that the enemy (whoever that may be) where going attack from the left flank, and do not want to use the unconventional, bulky W-T's, then perhaps the Psychic could boost his/her power, with the use of shade's aura. Shade could then channel her aura into, say, a beam, and satellite-beam it directly to Mist's mind.? Just a thought, but not much use

EDIT: I also thought that Star could oversee the whole operation, but as she is... sick, sort of, then our good friend the Captain could act as standing Director, and filter through the missions, maybe assign us some missions himself. My mission does not have to be direct from star, as it only requires a quick stop in the patrol route, to take some reading's on his wrist-scanner thing. Don't know why he needed so much NPC guards, probably will only use 5, but would like to eventaully stumble upon Dino-destroyer Fossil, and his Computer Pal, as they destroy the forces of evil (quite proud of that Alliteration ;) )

Avenger Angel
27th November 2012, 6:18 PM
well basically, The said Psychic could do the following:

*for renegades, it would be quite hard to execute, so maybe not a good idea

*for Shade's forces, maybe only use it if an important message needs relaying, only in combat, and only to high Ranking members. Say, Shade wanted to send a message to Madame Mist that the enemy (whoever that may be) where going attack from the left flank, and do not want to use the unconventional, bulky W-T's, then perhaps the Psychic could boost his/her power, with the use of shade's aura. Shade could then channel her aura into, say, a beam, and satellite-beam it directly to Mist's mind.? Just a thought, but not much use

EDIT: I also thought that Star could oversee the whole operation, but as she is... sick, sort of, then our good friend the Captain could act as standing Director, and filter through the missions, maybe assign us some missions himself. My mission does not have to be direct from star, as it only requires a quick stop in the patrol route, to take some reading's on his wrist-scanner thing. Don't know why he needed so much NPC guards, probably will only use 5, but would like to eventaully stumble upon Dino-destroyer Fossil, and his Computer Pal, as they destroy the forces of evil (quite proud of that Alliteration ;) )

Just seems to be more trouble than what it's worth. I figure let's just assume they stick to radio communication rather than trying to deal with telepathic formalities.

biggggg5
28th November 2012, 7:54 PM
I might be overthinking it but does irondonuts recent post seem a little bunnying? It seems that he is controlling Samantha sparks' character(s) but I'm not sure.

Avenger Angel
28th November 2012, 10:56 PM
I might be overthinking it but does irondonuts recent post seem a little bunnying? It seems that he is controlling Samantha sparks' character(s) but I'm not sure.

It's definitely bunnying. He shouldn't be declaring what hits Yoko and how Yoko reacts to it.

My vote is to have Iron clean out that last paragraph, but I want to see what Bron and Samantha think first.

bronislav84
29th November 2012, 12:19 AM
It definitely looks like bunnying to me. First rule of RP fights, let the opponent decide how stuff hits their character. If they're dodging too many attacks, they're not fighting fair. NPC minions can be narrated by anybody unless the owner player refuses or the changes to these minions are too radical (Such as them getting killed off in one hit). NPCs directly under a player's control (like I'm doing with Blackfire) would also count as bunnying.

Need to know if he worked this out with Sam before finalizing a bunnying call on half the next to last paragraph and all of the last paragraph. All actions in that area from post #36 onward don't count until we know what she says.

Avenger Angel
29th November 2012, 12:45 AM
After chatting about this with Bron, we decided that IronDonut, you've got 24 hours to change that post or for Samantha to confirm she was okay with this bunnying, or else we need to invalidate your entire post.

Sorry, dude, but we really can't have that kind of bunnying going on. If you're going to do something like that, talk about it in here first before you go ahead with it so we know what's going on.

Samantha Sparks
29th November 2012, 2:00 AM
Sorry Donut, please do change your post to remove the bunnying...

THEIRONDONUT
30th November 2012, 12:50 AM
I am incredibly sorry, I should have checked that out with Sam first, I will change it ASAP, apologies. If you think my latest post is a bit like that as well, because it might be, I don't know, please VM me sooner, of course I will change it! I have no right to do that, guess I just got carried away. Sam, please VM me if you want to either change your characters reactions, or get me to re-write the enitre post. Taxing, but reasonable. Ok, thanks for understanding guys, will change the post ASAP

bronislav84
30th November 2012, 1:50 AM
She's said above that she would like the post changed to remove the bunnying. It shouldn't include anything having to do with you controlling her characters. That's up to her to decide what they do. The RP in that area is affecting at least three players. Please get it figured out as soon as you can, because the story is stalled. In the meantime I recommend deleting your last post, since it's going to need a rewrite anyway. Save it somewhere for later.

THEIRONDONUT
30th November 2012, 5:59 PM
Ok, I have asked her whether she wants me to edit it to her desired responses, or to just remove it. I'm still waiting for a reply, so I apologise to any inconvenience this has had on the RPers

bronislav84
30th November 2012, 7:09 PM
Dude, post 97. You did read it? And I just re-stated it for you right before you posted. Why ask again? It just wastes people's time, as well as yours.>.<

THEIRONDONUT
1st December 2012, 12:00 AM
Hello everyone, edited all my posts accordingly. I do have one querie though, I'm just gonna clarify this with the group: Bascially Grassmaster411 asked me if his hero and my Male villain could fight an I'm ready to stage it, we seem to have given each other perm for the characters, so yeah. But in the most recent addition to the story, by Samantha Sparks, says that The Fossil is battling with The Yoko? Does anyone else know anything about this? It's annoying, as Grass is offline for a while, I've left him a VM, but we can't clear this up until he returns. Ok, thanks agin y'all.

EDIT: sorry Bron, I kinda f*cked up again on my part, I was tired, but I edited it and I swear to god it will never happen again... God I feel retarded :( sorry all

bronislav84
1st December 2012, 12:41 AM
Dude don't beat yourself up. These things happen. You're learning. Let's just be glad everything was figured out and everybody's fun can resume.

As for Grass, his character was involved in the fight with Yoko before Butcher showed up. It would flow much better if Gameboy and Fossil teamed up against Butcher and Yoko plus minions. You know, rather than having two fights like right next to each other. Maybe my math is off, but Big is going to need help since it's 4 on one if you count the minions.

Delta Hunter
1st December 2012, 2:54 PM
Yo all! Name's deltakurumiru4, figured I would just introduce myself. If you need any help with RPing, I would happy to help, as I have participated in two other randitions of a Teen Titan RP.

Samantha Sparks
2nd December 2012, 4:14 AM
Anyone see Zeshikrom around? Kotamae cannot proceed.

Well, my character is a magician just like Script, maybe I could interact with Script later in the story. While he is a magician, he has only one type of written magic, and the rest is learnt through non-written means.

bronislav84
2nd December 2012, 4:30 AM
I think she was going to wait for Star to show up, which is going to take a very long time. Ask on her profile I guess?

A fight between Script and Kota would be dangerous for him. Extremely. Script is a spell leech and would see Kota as a meal. His spells, anyway.

Right now the fight in Central District seems to be fixed and events there can continue just fine. Who is holding up the story there, exactly? Been wondering that for a while now. I was really interested in how that was going, personally.

Billy and CF have not posted for a while and Neo told me he's waiting for CF to post, but there's time since he has schoolwork. But he said he will be moving on with Shade soon if CF doesn't react.

PeeGee
2nd December 2012, 4:38 AM
I would be interested in a fight between Script and Kota later on, it would definitely be an interesting battle to say the least.

THEIRONDONUT
2nd December 2012, 9:52 AM
I suppose I could aid them with Renegade, to even up the odds. It's starting to look like a good setting!

PeeGee
2nd December 2012, 10:54 AM
Assuming that you are talking about the battle between Kota and Script, I would prefer to keep it between magic users. If not, disregard this post.

THEIRONDONUT
2nd December 2012, 12:31 PM
I was talking about The Yoko + minions and the Butcher + Garthaplaax vs The Fossil, GameBoy and Renegade. I think the involved fighters should start posting idea's on this thread, before the next one of us posts. This Involves sam sparks, Grassmaster, biggggg and me (I think that's it)

EDIT: Bron, if you're referring to the fight just off of the patrol route (Southern Fwy) that no doubt is taken into the central districts, we're all kinda waiting for Grass to answer some questions, before we will start to script out the fight storyline on the RPG cafe thread

EDIT 2: And by 'Script' I just mean find out the basic skeleton, not work out who says what line. Also, we'll work out perm's between fighting characters, such AS the fossil and The Butcher, or Gameboy and Yoko, or Renegade and Yoko's minions. WE'll see how it turns out

EDIT 3: (God, I'm finding a lot of edits) I just worked out that maybe Yoko's fight post with Grass could of happened just as Butcher arrived, and was surveying the area. Then, Gameboy could have taken over Fighting the Yoko (as biggggg seemed to have desired, according to what grassmaster told me) and Grass could have come over to challenge the butcher. Just a thought.

Samantha Sparks
2nd December 2012, 12:58 PM
I do believe we could have a more organised fight. The Yoko handling Gameboy sounds great.

THEIRONDONUT
2nd December 2012, 8:18 PM
Coolio man, lets do this!

bronislav84
2nd December 2012, 8:41 PM
If you guys need backup I can try to send out some NPC supers until we finish the story going on in the base.

Must post soon as my phone is charged.

Avenger Angel
2nd December 2012, 9:59 PM
Billy and CF have not posted for a while and Neo told me he's waiting for CF to post, but there's time since he has schoolwork. But he said he will be moving on with Shade soon if CF doesn't react.

I decided to post without CF and Billy. Not sure when they'll be back, but I figure it's best just to keep things moving along.

As far as my schoolwork goes, it's getting done, but I don't think it will interrupt my RPing too much.

Billy Mays
2nd December 2012, 10:37 PM
My character was going to go off and do his own thing anyway. Regardless, I should probably post soon.

Grassmaster411
3rd December 2012, 12:50 AM
TheIrondonut misunderstood what I meant when I asked him if the Fossil ans Butcher could fight. He thought it meant now, and I, being inactive for the weekend, couldn't correct him. Also, he bunnyed my character WAY out of proportion. Fossil would never do most of the things he did. I don't want him punished, I should have explained this eariler on, but I need to say this.

None of the previous posts regarding the Fossil since my last post are valid. I greatly apologize for this inconvienence. I will try and get a post in this week and fix all of this up.

Chthonic Flames
3rd December 2012, 1:35 PM
I decided to post without CF and Billy. Not sure when they'll be back, but I figure it's best just to keep things moving along.

As far as my schoolwork goes, it's getting done, but I don't think it will interrupt my RPing too much.

Yeah, sorry about that. Weekends are always difficult for me. Because I work at a nightclub I have a terrible sleep schedule on weekends and can't always make it to a library to make a post, while Sundays are impossible because all the places I go to get internet access are closed, much like everything else on a German Sunday.

Avenger Angel
3rd December 2012, 2:56 PM
Yeah, sorry about that. Weekends are always difficult for me. Because I work at a nightclub I have a terrible sleep schedule on weekends and can't always make it to a library to make a post, while Sundays are impossible because all the places I go to get internet access are closed, much like everything else on a German Sunday.

Not a problem, I understand. I figured it was something along those lines, but many times, people drop out without forewarning and since I'm playing the main antagonist, I can't wait for that long on someone that might have left already.

Great post though, thanks for giving us the heads up.

THEIRONDONUT
3rd December 2012, 6:07 PM
Edited posts. I deleted my entire post, will rewrite, I'm just gonna make Butcher fight Renegade for now, less complicated. There will be more time for team ups and cross fights further on into the story

EDIT: Also, I think our Heroes should have a good old-fashioned chinwag after the fight. I think the heroes should be more social. Not like a pointless conversation, but maybe more of a speculation between the warriors as they walk back to base. We will also need to hold a council of war or something soon. I would like to put forward a suggestion about a possible tactical move in the story, which would incorporate the Chimera at Lake Merced. Thoughts?

EDIT 2: sorry Grass, edited completely. There was a break-down in comms that weekend, sorry for the inconvenience.

EDIT 3: Once again I find many things to add to my posts, but yeah. I wanted to put a suggestion toward DVB, as maybe just a thing to remember when on far-reaching missions. As DX seems to be a voice or entity inside Ninjice's mind, I was wondering if maybe Wolf and DX could communicate telepathically and relay the information to their hosts. So say, in a 2 team strike force mission, That Renegade wanted to tell Ninjice that the enemy had set up an ambush his side of Lake Merced, and that he needed to get his team out of there, then Wolf could tell DX, who could tell Ninjice, and Ninjice and Renegade could use their (god knows what I'm meant to describe the things as. Entities?) entities to communicate to each other, and then direct their teams. More effecient than radios, and 20x more secure. What do you say?

Avenger Angel
6th December 2012, 9:49 PM
OCC: If you want Shade to enter via a different method, either VM me or post on the discussion thread, and i'll edit to show how Shade enters Market Street, though I tried to be vague. Have decided that Butcher and Renegade's fight will take place on a different post, it eems a bit of a mouthful to have them all in one go. Game on AA my friend, game on... >:-)

Here's the main issue with the bunnying:

Shade has not arrived yet. Until she does, don't simply just assume that's how and when she'll enter. Don't simply think making it vague counts, just don't do it at all. Because right now, I feel like I'm obligated to now have Shade arrive as how you described to keep consistency, and that's exactly the reason why people hate having their characters bunnyed. Or, if I feel like changing the way she enters or perhaps change her mind and have her go somewhere else, it's not going to follow what you posted, so yeah, this is where bunnying people gets screwy and why you really shouldn't do it.

When I mention what Madame Mist does, I don't mention anything beyond what you did with her character. That's what you need to do as well. Again, Shade hasn't arrived, don't say she does until she actually does when I post. And this goes for everything when it comes to mentioning what other people's characters are doing.

THEIRONDONUT
7th December 2012, 11:38 PM
Right... I am so **** at this. *sigh* I will change it when I have the chance, as I'm using my phone to post at the moment

Avenger Angel
8th December 2012, 12:27 AM
Right... I am so **** at this. *sigh* I will change it when I have the chance, as I'm using my phone to post at the moment

Dude, besides this, your RPing is VERY GOOD. All we're asking for is to stop bunnying, and by that, it just means not declaring what someone else's character does unless the person in control of that character actually does it. In this example, Madame Mist is already at Market Street, but Shade has not arrived yet. Mist can anticipate if, how, and when Shade will arrive in her own personal thoughts, but no where should you actually say it happened until it really does happen. Same thing with attacking another person's character. Madame Mist could launch a shadowy ball of darkness at Starfire, with Mist laughing maniacally, but that should end your post. No where should you say the attack you launched actually hits or not. You leave that up to the defending player.

That's all we're asking. It doesn't mean you're bad, it's just a habit that needs to be corrected. You'll get past this.

Grassmaster411
8th December 2012, 12:59 AM
I have few, thought provoking ideas and questions to through out here.

1. Does anyone here remember the Teen Titans episode where they are fighting the magician, and they get absorbed into his hat? And in his hat he controlled reality in a similar way to how Shade is controlling reality here? In this hat-world, he turns the Teen Titans into animals. When he gets to beast boy, he finds that, no matter what animal he tries to turn Beast Boy into, Beast boy could change back. Only when the magician turned Beast Boy into an inanimate object did he cancel out his powers.

My question is; If the Fossil is turned into an animal by Shade, can he change back or to other animals? It might provide an interesting plot device.

2. Is there any chance we might have an water mission? I know its not likely, but I have yet to use the Fossil is a water environment, and he is very powerful and versatile in the water.

bronislav84
8th December 2012, 2:18 AM
Mumbo's hat world, from How to make a Titanimal Disappear. Anyway I think it might be interesting, and I for one think we should allow you to decide that. It's your character after all.

Water missions? Well the closest I could think of would be the lake in the city, and the person playing Chimera hasn't posted in a while. Unless we have a reason to go to the lake though, I doubt anything will happen underwater. Maybe if Shade decides to turn her 5 mile radius sphere into a water world, but that's about all I can think of.

Avenger Angel
8th December 2012, 2:26 AM
I have few, thought provoking ideas and questions to through out here.

#1 would be yes.

#2 depends on how things play out, but it's possible if a fight occurs near the coast or at a harbor. But at the moment, I don't think there's any plans to specifically involve a water location.

Samantha Sparks
8th December 2012, 11:21 AM
I'm intending to make a new hero. Are you guys still accepting heroes?

If so, my character's kinda unique. The hero I intend to make is controlled by two people. So is it alright to include these two people in one single app?

bronislav84
8th December 2012, 3:27 PM
We are, but if they're villains they're gonna have to be NPCs.

THEIRONDONUT
8th December 2012, 7:10 PM
ook AA, thanks, my computer's been acting wierd at the month, so not had time to update.

In co-operation with Grassmaster's idea of a water mission, That incorporates very nicely into my character's idea at the war council. When we start it, I will reveal the answer on my RP post, and you can agree/disagree by your character's reactions.

Avenger Angel
10th December 2012, 7:13 PM
Saw this in the SU thread, so...

could i create a hero but make turn to the villans side when they're back open? i know it'll be a while and i have people ahead of me but still....

I would be okay with this, but I'd need to talk to Bron first, since he's pretty much the GM for the good guy side.

THEIRONDONUT
10th December 2012, 7:40 PM
Grass I remember, My bro watched the episode and I ended up watching it with him. I think you could go somewhere with this idea, but its all down to Avenger in the end. I am also up for doing the war council plus the water mission idea thing as soon as we get back, but waiting for Bron to expand on that, since he's my sworn leader and stuff.

Avenger Angel
10th December 2012, 9:11 PM
Donut, you mentioned you're waiting for Shade to arrive at Market Street, but she's there now. I saw you had changed your post and I'm satisfied with the changes, but you don't need to keep waiting for her.

THEIRONDONUT
10th December 2012, 9:28 PM
Ok, I've been offline for a couple o' minutes, but yeah. Will post later when I have time, but I sorted out Butcher vs Renegade's little tussle, so I don't have that looming over me like a stack of homework. I will post when I'm ready. I will also post my War Council plans, regarding the heroes, in a little bit.

biggggg5
17th December 2012, 7:03 PM
Sorry I haven't posted in a while. Finals suck. I will have an update this week sometime.

Grassmaster411
17th December 2012, 9:58 PM
Just a few things:

If the need of a "hostage" is ever present. I could have the Fossil get kidnapped by the villans. His powers increase his chance of survival and he would likely try an banter/mess with them once he realizes he can't escape.

Like a lot of people, I'll be inactive over the Christmas vacation.

These next two things are directed at Avenger Angel:

Were you previously Neo Pikachu?

Would Shade think some random cute animal in her bubble is a transformed person and ignore it? The Fossil has a few "cute" extinct animals, and if he happens to use one within her Bubble, would she overlook it? The animals I'm refering to, amoung many, are diictodon and microraptor. Both are small, big eyed animals that Fossil uses often. I don't have a lot of time, so I can't post pictures. I will later, but if you could google image them, it would be a great help. Thanks.

And Happy Holidays to everyone!

Avenger Angel
17th December 2012, 11:16 PM
These next two things are directed at Avenger Angel:

Were you previously Neo Pikachu?

Yeah, actually I was, but I got tired of that name.

Would Shade think some random cute animal in her bubble is a transformed person and ignore it? The Fossil has a few "cute" extinct animals, and if he happens to use one within her Bubble, would she overlook it? The animals I'm refering to, amoung many, are diictodon and microraptor. Both are small, big eyed animals that Fossil uses often. I don't have a lot of time, so I can't post pictures. I will later, but if you could google image them, it would be a great help. Thanks.

And Happy Holidays to everyone!

Problem is... it's still out of place, even if it is cute. A puppy or kitten would probably easily go overlooked, but not a prehistoric creature.

And hey, Merry Christmas to you too.

DVB
17th December 2012, 11:30 PM
How would she know its a prehistoric creature? She's not exactly omniscent (all-knowing). Furthermore, happ holidays and I have more dangerous missions and planned for the team.

bronislav84
17th December 2012, 11:39 PM
Big thank you for the update! I was actually going to ask you about that. Neo and I have been worried about activity lately.

It's great you finally posted Grass. Try to be as active as you can before the Christmas stuff starts, you know, to get as much done as you can. And yea he was. Guess it took you a while to put 2 and 2 together on why I'm calling him Neo?

Neo I have to agree with DVB. We tossed out the mind reading thing, so she would have to rely on her knowlege to recognize that it's not somebody she transformed. Grass, honestly, if you're going to do that I would suggest to just be stealthy and avoid being seen at all.

~*~

Guys! Neo and I have some big plans for the RP! Now is a good time to get friends involved. We have a Trigon Invasion arc planned for an undetermined point in the future, and there still hasn't been one full scale clash between the two factions.

DVB
17th December 2012, 11:50 PM
Well, one faction has the reality warping queen. Only way I can imagine for a clash to occur somewhat fairly would be wound her in a matter that hinders her powers or causes a form of pain regardless.

But I have at least two more missions the group will do, the latter could serve to weaken Shade.

Avenger Angel
18th December 2012, 12:02 AM
How would she know its a prehistoric creature? She's not exactly omniscent (all-knowing). Furthermore, happ holidays and I have more dangerous missions and planned for the team.

You don't think this (https://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQCMf6gAc0ORuk1dfHQrnUD1-LcYcTWM29fuDbdgtsyTYNVxjS_) and this (https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRo3uEj5FhUzN5dQqJRpNWjPegXIHuvf KayF9C7NuH9YbfSsuBF5w) wouldn't look just a little out of place in a totally urban setting? Shade may not be psychic, but she sure ain't stupid.

Guys! Neo and I have some big plans for the RP! Now is a good time to get friends involved. We have a Trigon Invasion arc planned for an undetermined point in the future, and there still hasn't been one full scale clash between the two factions.

Eh, I didn't think we had fully agreed to do that quite yet. Or at least I hadn't anyway. I mean heck, no one from the Renegades has even confronted Shade yet, so I think it's way too early to think about this kind of thing.

As a possibility, sure, but let's not set something like that in stone.

DVB
18th December 2012, 12:08 AM
You don't think this (https://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQCMf6gAc0ORuk1dfHQrnUD1-LcYcTWM29fuDbdgtsyTYNVxjS_) and this (https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRo3uEj5FhUzN5dQqJRpNWjPegXIHuvf KayF9C7NuH9YbfSsuBF5w) wouldn't look just a little out of place in a totally urban setting? Shade may not be psychic, but she sure ain't stupid.

OOOhh... I didn't read that all the way. Was thinking he would transform into a prehistoric small mammal or something... >.<

Avenger Angel
18th December 2012, 12:11 AM
OOOhh... I didn't read that all the way. Was thinking he would transform into a prehistoric small mammal or something... >.<

Well, that's what I got when I googled diictodon and microraptor. Can't say I've ever seen anything like those going around when walking through the city.

bronislav84
18th December 2012, 12:24 AM
I did mean as a possibility. Of course it's too early now.

bronislav84
18th December 2012, 4:35 AM
Guys I found some real words in Tamaranian! Double post, I know.

Blorthog: A Tamaranian holiday that celebrates friendship.
Bungorf: One who is taken care of by their Knorfka.
Clorbag Vorblernelk: An insult, referring to someone who does terrible things to people.
Drenthax: Green blob people that make their home on the swamp moons of Drenthax-Four.
Drenthax-Four: a desireable destination for vacationing Tamaranians.
Eranian Measles: A Tamaranian disease.
Flarnop: A Tamaranian creature that looks like a giant, mutated Domo-kun.
Galfor: Starfire's former Knorfka.
Galufnog: "Gesundheit" or bless you.
Glorg: 1: A green gelatin with flesh-colored blobs inside 2: Some type of carnivorous creature that likes to feed on Zarnics.
Glorthrog the All-Seein: a Tamaranian deity.
Gordanians: Enemies of Tamaran.
Gorka pipes: A Tamaranian instrument.
Gorlon-Prime: A planet of cow people.
Grebnax: Unknown body part(s).
Grimplork: person who takes another's love interest.
Grishnik: a Tamaranian animal of some kind.
Grubfar: A Tamaranian unit of currency.
Knorfka: a caretaker, a guardian.
Milnip Wusserloop: a kind of a light insult, like the name of some ugly Tamaranian animal.
Plinthors: A unit for measuring distance.
Portkin: A Tamaranian creature that resembles a bearded man in an orange dinosaur costume and wearing a football helmet.
Rekmas: The point when friends start to drift apart from one another.
Rutha: Weak.
Shlorvax: "dreams."
Sputflinks: rubbery, dark purple gobs; four tablespoons of which, melted, goes into a Glorg Supreme.
Stewed Grudthmec: "Purple wiggly Tamaranian pie."
Stinermite: A Tamaranian insect.
Tameranian acupressure: A strange Tamaranian massage in which a person is held upside down by his ankles. It can cure petrification.
Throknar: A birthday crown constructed entirely of meat.
Tinabula: A necklace of bells worn on the Tamaranian holiday Blorthog.
Zal: A greeting.
Zalworg Tobeckplizing Zorgmorker: a very strong insult meaning a very bad man.
Zarbnarf: An insult referring to a rude, inconsiderate person.
Zarnic: A type of pet Starfire once had. It was eaten by a Glorg, then spit up.
Zorkaberries: A Tamaranian fruit.
Zorkmorking Clorbag: Another Tamaranian insult.

And some I made up for this RP:
Doozak: Idiot or hated person.
Glofar: F*ck.
Glofaring: F*cking, basically.
Grock: Borrowed from Planet Sheen, it's a deity.

Avenger Angel
18th December 2012, 5:22 AM
Guys I found some real words in Tamaranian! Double post, I know.

You come up with some of the weirdest things sometimes, man...

bronislav84
18th December 2012, 5:36 AM
I found these. I didn't make them. They're real words she's used in the show.

DVB
18th December 2012, 5:41 AM
Yeah, I remember most of these words. So, what is the course for how things are? I imagne a team up will occur when the invasion occurs.

bronislav84
18th December 2012, 5:48 AM
That is a long ways off, but yes.

Samantha Sparks
18th December 2012, 5:52 AM
I see that Starfire and the others are rising up to the occasion. *chuckles*
Well, I wonder how my ultimate 'last resort only use in some apocalypse' weapon will fare. Only one way to find out. I am ironically more concerned about character development in the story.

bronislav84
18th December 2012, 6:04 AM
The homunculus girl? She could come in handy eventually.

But yea, that's why I thought it best to call off fighting for a while. Get more character development going.

Avenger Angel
18th December 2012, 6:36 AM
I found these. I didn't make them. They're real words she's used in the show.

Whoa, really? Wow, that's just... funky. Well, guess I can't argue with what's canon.

Grassmaster411
18th December 2012, 10:51 PM
@Avenger Angel: Yep, while the picture of microraptor was less fluffy than it actually was, your completly right. It was mainly a suggestion. Shade makes some weird stuff, maybe she would overlook something else weird. But, she's your character, and you answer is final. By the way, that picture of the diictodon is exactly the model I use for the Fossil.

@DVB: Eh, its not a bad idea. Using some prehistoric mammal. But most of those are really weird looking, and not exactly cute like some of todays tiny mammals. The only tiny mammal Fossil uses on any kind of regularity is purgatorias, which looks like a cross between a tiny monkey and a squirrel. And he rarely uses it.

Just another quick question, Is Starfire aware of the Shades bubble? Cause I have Fossil running back to base to tell her.

Also, I know I kind if missed the conversation, but whats with Blackfires kids? Are they some kind of insect?

bronislav84
18th December 2012, 11:52 PM
No she's never been out of the base. Only gets reports, and barely. How would Fossil know who's causing it though? When has he seen Shade?

As for Blackfire's kids, look up Teen Titans shorts on YouTube. They're some kind of blobs.

Grassmaster411
19th December 2012, 2:11 AM
No she's never been out of the base. Only gets reports, and barely. How would Fossil know who's causing it though? When has he seen Shade?

Fossil didn't see Shade and doesn't know shes causing the bubble. He just saw the bubble and thought it should be reported. Sorry for the miscommunication.

Avenger Angel
19th December 2012, 5:38 AM
It does feel as though save for Samantha RPing the Yoko, all the other RPers handling villains have left.

I definitely think the heroes have got to get out of HQ. You guys have spent the entire RP down there and there's barely been any action save for what the villains have been doing to NPCs.

bronislav84
19th December 2012, 5:43 AM
They've been busy. I've gotten replies from verybody except Zalck.

We're working on getting out of the HQ right now.

Avenger Angel
20th December 2012, 4:28 PM
Donut, again you bunny the heck out of Shade...

Pay attention to the bolded parts and the referenced numbers. This is where you're bunnying again.

Madame Mist
Market Street, Haight
Affected RPers: Avenger Angel (Shade)

Typical. Shade had to storm into the street, cause utter mayhem, and then completely ignore Mist, jus because she had take a more ominous approach. She probably thought that Mist was late. Mist, however, was never late. As Shade talked to her clonable companion, Mist decided she better break up those two lovebirds- or would it be love crows? Anyway, time to make these people really wet their pants in fear. She grabbed the folds of the black, yet very ornate trench coat that she was wearing, covered with swirls and rings, attached to stems so it looked like leaves (very Japanese) and spread them wide above her. She had chosen the perfect time to do this, as the moon was Directly behind her, making her look like a raven. She then creased the coat, and held it in folds, so he was using origami on her coat (sort of) to give an amazing silhouetted effect. ① She had now caught Shade's attention. Shade clapped, and waited for Mist to continue. She now looked like a giant black widow, perching on the moon, and the people below froze with fear.

She then unleashed hordes of spiders into the crowds, who screamed and ran. She then started webbing up people to her little podium, mainly children. ② She and Shade both shivered with delight, as the mother shrieked when she realised her little boy was being wrenched from her grasp up to the puppeteer of death. "Max! Max, No! Not my son! Please! I'm Begging you! NOT MY SON!!!!" Her scream rang out through the crowds, so everyone stopped as it echoed through the night sky. Mist stroked the boys head, as the mother sobbed quietly, paralysed by fear. She then proceeded to rip of the infants head. Then, she turned into her full, spiderous form, and scuttled away on all eight legs, whilst her upper body was held aloft like a royal. There where no further creams. Most where paralysed by the horror of the following events. One man ran over to the woman, and they hugged each other whilst sobbing violently. And the most horrible of all, one man, was sick.

But he puked up a stream of black, spiders tumbled out of his mouth, with green vomit. Progressively, the vomit changed red, and the man fell on the floor, and stopped moving. Then another, then another, until everyone except for one 9 year old boy stood left. He had tears streaked from his eyes, and he was shaking. Mist whispered, so quietly, that it was barely audiable, but the boy still obeyed. "Run" and the boy fled. ③ Mist then went back to an awe-struck Shade and the bumbling buffoon of company she had encountered whilst waiting for Mists appearance. "Before we do anything, I suggest The man and his seven clones follow the boy. He is part of the 'heroes' rebellion, and will lead our forces to the main nest. Of course, we can't enter the base, but we can base ourselves close to their outermost patrol routes, which will give us an advantage, and let us spy on them until we can make a move. This would also be the perfect time to induce some fear." The bumbling man looked bewildered. Mist sighed. "Shade honey? Please tell the idiot to get a move on, before I choose to devour his head as well."

① - Here, you're saying Madame Mist has gotten Shade's attention, and you mentioned "Shade clapped and waited for Mist to continue." Dude, I never had Shade do that. What if I don't want Shade to clap for Mist (I don't)? Aren't they in competition? Shade would see Mist's transformation into a giant black widow spider as a challenge that she needs to step up her game and terrorize the civilians more than Mist is.

② - Surprise, I don't want Shade to "shiver with delight" either. Again, SHADE IS NOT YOUR CHARACTER TO CONTROL. In this situation, Shade might notice Mist attacking the children (but don't go bunnying her into doing that either), but she wouldn't just stand there watching her do it. However, again, stop dictating what Shade does and let me be the one to decide since it's my character. She's not an NPC you can just do whatever you'd like with.

That you state she talked with Billy Numerous, ignore Mist, and caused mayhem in the streets is acceptable because yes, I had her doing all that in my last post. But I did NOT have her clap for Mist or shiver in delight for what she was doing. Not only are you bunnying Shade, but you're also having her do stuff that's out of her character.

③ - Again, Mist goes "back to an awe-struck Shade." STOP doing that. STOP saying how Shade is reacting. THAT IS FOR ME TO DECIDE. Shade wouldn't be awe-struck from what Mist does. Shade is arrogant and conceited, and she'd only see it as a nudge that she needs to step up her game to outperform Mist. That's how she remains the boss. Otherwise, if she admired and clapped for everything Madame Mist did and it looked like Madame Mist was more powerful, then wouldn't Mist be the leader of the villains instead?

Lastly, the last paragraph reeks of god-modding. How does Mist know the 9 year old boy is part of the heroes rebellion? And how does she know she'll lead them right to the HQ? But even besides that, you have Mist ordering Shade around. Sorry, dude, but Shade wouldn't take orders from Mist. Not a freaking chance unless she really wanted to do that herself. In this situation, she'd tell Mist to go shove it and tell Mist to ask "that idiot" herself.

Dude, this ABSOLUTELY HAS TO STOP. Seriously, I'm getting pretty tired of it and it's clear you're not paying attention to what we've been telling you. Most other GMs would have banned you by now for all this bunnying, and that god-modding in the third paragraph is a rather cheap and unrealistic method to try and discover where the heroes' HQ is.

Edit that last post ASAP. If this kind of thing happens again, sorry, but I'm going to advise Bron to drop you from the RP, and I have a feeling he's not going to disagree with me considering how often this has been happening and how we're both tired of seeing it.

THEIRONDONUT
20th December 2012, 5:11 PM
I decided I'm dropping Mist from the RP. I don't think I can go anywhere with her, and I think she's a bit overpowered, so yeah

bronislav84
20th December 2012, 5:24 PM
Wow he bunnied again? I didn't even read that part of the post last night, just the part concerning Star. I was too wiped to read it all and was going to today after sleep.

If that's what it takes to get it fixed, alright. We really don't wanna kick you out, man.

THEIRONDONUT
20th December 2012, 5:26 PM
To be honest, if you choose to kick me out, then I'm cool with that. I don't wanna ruin it for other users, and I don't think any of my characters really fit the stroyline

bronislav84
20th December 2012, 5:31 PM
I like your hero. He's cool. Just saying.

Edit: Donut decided against it, but he's bailing Mist from the contest.

THEIRONDONUT
21st December 2012, 9:56 AM
Yeah, so basically Mist just got bored waitng and went home

bronislav84
21st December 2012, 1:44 PM
Funny. Neo had Shade get bored waiting for MM IIRC.

Chthonic Flames
24th December 2012, 10:02 AM
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year guys!

Hope everyone has a wonderful and safe holiday week. :D

THEIRONDONUT
24th December 2012, 10:41 AM
Thanks. I relay that message of good will to you Chthonic FLames, and to all the RPers. Merry Xmas!

THEIRONDONUT
29th December 2012, 1:32 PM
Hey guys, just wanted to run something by you. Listen, I was wondering whether my character could have some interaction with an outside source, the source being The Batman. I have included details in my post, but if this is out of the question, then I shall edit my post. Basically, he was just going to ask Renegade to feed him info on the city's status (hoping for a clue on NightWing discreetly), so that he can feed the info back to the fast reforming, undercover Justice League. Thoughts?

bronislav84
29th December 2012, 1:38 PM
The JL are still around. There's no need to have them form again. They're just staying out of the conflict. As for Batman, I don't have a problem with talking to him as long as he doesn't show up in person. Bats or Supes here would basically kill the RP.

THEIRONDONUT
30th December 2012, 2:21 AM
Yeah, I understand. Well, I'm going afk for a week or two, um, you can leave Renegade as he is, I'll just pick up where he left off, but Neo can write for my villains until I return, as long as they don't do anything too out of character. But I will still be following the RP, the discussion thread, and I'll still be contributing. Just my characters will be a bit lifeless for a while is all :)

Samantha Sparks
3rd January 2013, 3:38 AM
Well, I'm actually glad we're beginning to move as the New Year kicked in. The Yoko was actually trying to taste the Sonic Silver to confirm whether he/she/it tasted like his old archenemy Tamae. And it did.

The plot is finally back on track. While Kotamae won't join the Renegades, he'll probably aid them as a three-type offender - frontline tank, far-range shooter and mid-range caster.

bronislav84
3rd January 2013, 3:48 AM
Did you want Kota to seal Yoko or for him to get owned? Just wondering.

I can't post again until DVB posts, FYI.

DVB
3rd January 2013, 4:05 AM
Yeah, been busy sorry. updating now

Samantha Sparks
3rd January 2013, 4:20 AM
Nah, I don't want him to seal the Yoko yet. Spoils the fun. Obviously the other option.

DVB
3rd January 2013, 4:29 AM
There, updated!

bronislav84
3rd January 2013, 9:47 AM
I see Sam. And thank you DVB. It's the holiday. I understand. I'll update soon, probably tomorrow or as time allows. I've been having internet troubles lately. By that I mean it works but I'm trying to ration the highspeed before it becomes slow.

Speaking of, how was everybody's holiday season?

Zalck
8th January 2013, 4:33 AM
Hey... I apologize for my absence. Finals week was much more demanding than I had imagined, and then Christmas break and what-not. I basically haven't been on the computer a bunch since I was last here. If you still want me around, I'll try to catch up and post.

bronislav84
8th January 2013, 5:13 AM
I see. Could have said something. We still want you around if you can catch up. But Ninjice is in the process of taking the Captain's job. Sorry but you've been away too long.

Avenger Angel
8th January 2013, 11:36 AM
As I've told Bron already, I need to drop out of the RP. Grad school classes start on Thursday for me and they're going to be pretty rigorous. Thus, I'm pretty much dropping out of every RP I'm in and not signing up for any new ones.

Bron thinks the RP needs to shut down over this, but I highly disagree with that. I think it would be fine if Shade is made into an NPC and things just continue as normal. You guys are doing fine without me anyway, so I figured now would better time to resign rather than stop right when she goes after the heroes and you guys end up having to wait for me to respond.

bronislav84
8th January 2013, 4:20 PM
If she's an NPC it's the end of the RP cause anybody can write her, and somebody can just kill her in her sleep. So who wants to pick up Shade to save our RP?

Avenger Angel
8th January 2013, 4:44 PM
If she's an NPC it's the end of the RP cause anybody can write her, and somebody can just kill her in her sleep. So who wants to pick up Shade to save our RP?

Bron, who do you know would kill the main villain NPC just like that with no effort? Obviously not a respectful RPer that would be worth keeping in the RP itself. Only a spineless noob of an RPer would do something like that, and you could easily overrule them and if necessary, kick them out completely if they weren't willing to compromise. Any respectful RPer would handle her the same way I've been handling her from the moment the RP started and would only have her do things that were according to her character. From the way I've seen people handle this RP, I honestly think you can trust them to do that.

Again, it's entirely up to you, but I think just axing the entire RP over this is very brash and reckless.

biggggg5
8th January 2013, 5:31 PM
I was having fun so please don't kill this RP

THEIRONDONUT
8th January 2013, 6:10 PM
This is a great RP. I have been absent for a few weeks, but I still check the story over. Shade can be easily NPC'ed (no offence to her character) and its all our responsibility to ensure that she is ready, either for when Neo eventually manages to get back, or for the time being. We can work as a group collaboratively, and keep it alive.

bronislav84
8th January 2013, 7:31 PM
So who wants to write for her? I don't want to because I usually don't play both sides, but this would give me more control over the ending details, so I might if nobody want to.

If I take her up she would appear very scarcely.

Avenger Angel
9th January 2013, 6:02 AM
Bron and I talked things over, and I might be able to stick around, but it's going to mean at least a week of me not posting. I would have to ask that no one approaches Shade until I get back. Let it just be that Shade never catches word of the heroes going about their mission, or gets distracted by harassing the civilians around and doesn't pay any attention to them.

If people are okay with this, alright. I don't like the bunnying part about it and I'd hate to tack on another week of inactivity, but if Bron feels that's better than me dropping out, then let's just leave it at that.

bronislav84
9th January 2013, 8:50 AM
Wow I so assumed that wrong. So you don't want us to find a more longterm permanent replacement? DVB already asked Jean. Oops?

But we've been building up to this for weeks now, and I had it in my head already how to do it. By the way it isn't bunnying if we know her power allows it. Sure it's bending the bunnying rule, but everybody knows there's no way to resist Shades influence, yet. Also remember she can't kill outright.

Avenger Angel
9th January 2013, 2:12 PM
The other option is for her to be bunnied as an NPC until after the 16th. As I've told Bron, the main reason why this came up is because from January 10th through January 13th, I'm taking a class that meets every day from 9am to 5pm that has assignments every night as well. It's a three credit course done in four days plus a final assignment that's due before January 15th. I've never taken a class like this before, so I don't know how grueling it gets. And on the 16th starts my other class, though that will only meet once a week and probably not be as rough and all at once.

I was originally going to just post one last time and have her withdraw back to her palace for now, but Bron feels it would be better if she confronted the heroes.

bronislav84
9th January 2013, 4:08 PM
That's fine dude. Take your nutso full semester course in four days. I got this in your absence. Take care and don't blow your brain. Good luck.

You can handle at least checking in to correct me, right? From our VM conversation it seems like you can, so yay.

Let's all go back to business as usual, alright guys?

Avenger Angel
9th January 2013, 4:42 PM
That's fine dude. Take your nutso full semester course in four days. I got this in your absence. Take care and don't blow your brain. Good luck.

You can handle at least checking in to correct me, right? From our VM conversation it seems like you can, so yay.

Let's all go back to business as usual, alright guys?

Thanks, and yeah, that would be fine.

Delta Hunter
9th January 2013, 5:40 PM
Just curious, how many villains do we have left? It would be easy for me, at the moment, to have Calc switch sides. It would make more sense for his original purpose was to be a villain, but if we are still full up on villains, I can keep him a hero.

bronislav84
9th January 2013, 8:28 PM
No villains have officially dropped out, although Donut is on hiatus. Food is always busy, but he posts sometimes so his villain hasn't dropped out yet.

I'm still waiting to hear from Chimera's player, and he seems to be important to Grass's character.

Villain Lock is still in effect, sorry delta.

Zalck
10th January 2013, 5:14 AM
To be honest, you guys are moving on without me fine; so you can stay that way.

I'm a once or twice a week kind of guy usually. I'm just too slow for this RP.

Have fun. Keep up.

bronislav84
10th January 2013, 7:04 AM
That's too bad Zalck. I thought once in two to three days or so was ok with most people. I post when I can so I'm not holding people up, and they do the same usually so it seems to move quickly sometimes. The week thing is a last resort, but I personally don't mind waiting for people who are slower. There's really no rush.

Sorry to lose you. Sure you won't change your mind?

bronislav84
12th January 2013, 4:05 PM
I'm making this plot twist public. Anybody who would like to meet Shade, come to the battle going on in absolute northeastern SoMa on the rooftop by the Docks. I'll be making the post in the evening, probably late.

The post will not count immediately, since I need to check with Neo.

THEIRONDONUT
12th January 2013, 5:00 PM
Hey guys, I'm back. Will maybe not post every single day, but will when I can, which should be about twice a week. So, hey!

bronislav84
13th January 2013, 9:07 AM
WB Donut. Actually doing the plot twist Sunday guys.

THEIRONDONUT
13th January 2013, 10:19 AM
Thanks, and OK then, ill post today and hopefully be ready. I can get Renegade up to speed with the group

bronislav84
13th January 2013, 1:08 PM
Not jumping to conclusions. This is me outright DENYING anything about Bats from having happened, and you are also NOT allowed to go after Cyborg. That is all. Feel free to try to convince me otherwise, but you're dealing with sensitive information.

And also you need to water down the punch a bit. You're assuming a bit too heavily that it landed. That's up to Sam to decide, not you.

THEIRONDONUT
13th January 2013, 1:15 PM
I am not implying that I am gonna go after Cyborg, she is just rambling to herself. She's crazy, I mean, come on. SHe is a giant, morphing spider-hybrid, that has been in stasis for hundreds of years, surrounded by death and destruction. Of course she's gonna be crazy. Will edit the batman stuff out :) also, I never said the punch hit, I just jot cut up badly. It doesn't matter whether the punch connects of not, I have achieved my goal of saving the girl

EDITED: Edited punch and batman. I said the justice league where powerless to help, that's not implying anything other than her reassuring herself that the villains have the upper hand. That is all

bronislav84
13th January 2013, 4:32 PM
Looks good, and ok.

Now tell me, why are you so intent on bringing in Bats? Maybe if you explain, he can be allowed. The way I see it, he is just too epic for this RP. And yes I know he doesn't actually have any powers himself. Bats is just a strong hero in general. I mean heck, he can take down Supes by being clever with Kryptonite.

DVB
13th January 2013, 5:03 PM
Look, I think it should just remain wha we have. Batman already has problems dealing with Gotham. He would not come to Dark City

THEIRONDONUT
13th January 2013, 6:36 PM
I thought that the silence from all the younger heroes, and the general confusion that Dark city loses all communication with the outside world, would intrigue a few Justice Leaguers. He has other contacts in Gotham that can handle it for a few nights (robin and Red Robin, plus Huntress and Batgirl and Oracle) so he could investigate the city. Plus the fact his first companion as robin, and one of his oldest friends, has gone missing in the vicinity, and Nightwing always checks in (to make sure Bruce isn't getting too lonely). ALso, there would most likely be strange phenomena's going on, power surges and whatnot, recorded close to the city (maybe due to Shade's aura) and Bats would pick up on that on his bat-*** computer. All the other main heroes have powers and protect larger domains, Flash, Wonder Woman, the Green Lantern's, SUperman, even Aquaman (he has the whole sea to protect from, I dunno, of course fishing boats) so Bats kind has the time. Maybe at the end, in the final battle, The JLA could help them evacuate citizens or something, I dunno. PS, are Nightwing and the others gonna be found at the end of the RP?

bronislav84
13th January 2013, 6:58 PM
The JL showing up would just destroy the game balance. Even ones without any actual superpowers like Batman.

This isn't a show or comic where the writing team is in control of everything. This is a RP where fairness to everybody's fun has to be observed. I know for a fact nobody wants Shade to get quickly and royally pwnt? As poweful as she is, she can't handle the entire JL dropping down on her from out of nowhere.

NPCing any JL member is just not doing them justice, and PCing any JL member would upset the game balance. This is why I feel it better to leave them out, especially the higher powered ones. The way ansem was doing Fate would be allowed, if he would get on and let us know he finished the form.

Nightwing and the others being found is up to all of us as players to decide. I had a special event planned for Nightwing to show up in down the line, but the others would show up in their more powerful adult forms. Raven would have more control over her powers, Cyborg would be a technopath similar to the way I'm doing Tecna (Honestly not sure if his cyborgism ever gets a boost at all), BB would be the new Animal Man with the ability to become multiple animals at once and would find a kindred spirit in Fossil. Honestly, the basic Titans members are underpowered in this RP. There's a reason why Star and Blackie have new techniques, and that is definitely it.

Currently working on my post which includes Shade. Anybody who still hasn't shown up to the vicinity of the rooftop should do so in the next hour or two from this post.

bronislav84
13th January 2013, 9:10 PM
Double post lol. Well, it's posted but Neo needs to approve it before it becomes active. While we wait, what's everybody think? Shade hasn't left yet and I've left room for her to be talked to by anybody who wants to, but she needs to leave in the next post so don't do anything that would make her stay ok?

In other news, I'm a bit sick with a sore throat.

THEIRONDONUT
13th January 2013, 9:47 PM
Ok, I see your reasoning. And sorry about your throat, hope it feels better soon :) Well, peace out! Brofist!

biggggg5
14th January 2013, 12:12 AM
I realize that slade is completely whipped but he still seems a little out of character IMO.

bronislav84
14th January 2013, 12:23 AM
He's very whipped and on a leash. Where is he out of character? I can fix.

biggggg5
14th January 2013, 12:32 AM
The second to last sentences. "But seriously" and more importantly "but man" just seem too hip for slade. Just my opinion so you don't have to change anything.

bronislav84
14th January 2013, 12:36 AM
He's desperate. How would you word it to convey his being desperate? It's like silently mouthing "help me" to somebody while hugging a person you hate.

biggggg5
14th January 2013, 12:38 AM
I see what you mean. Forget I said anything.

bronislav84
14th January 2013, 1:03 AM
I still fixed it up. What do you think Big?

biggggg5
14th January 2013, 1:12 AM
That's better. Thanks.

bronislav84
14th January 2013, 1:17 AM
No problem. Anybody else think something else needs to be changed while we wait for Neo?

Grassmaster411
14th January 2013, 9:43 PM
I have a few questions actually.

You said Beast Boy and Fossil would meet and be kindred spirits. Thanks, BB was always one of my favorite superheros, and him teaming up with the Fossil makes for an unbeatable duo. Fossil has the brains, BB the experiance. So my question here is, when you said BB can become several animals at once, does that mean he makes copies of himself or fuses animals together into 1 form?

Also, I'll now post Fossil joining up with the rest of the gang. I'll have him witness the entire post you made, so he knows everything as well. I may or may not have him make an assasination attempt on Shade. He won't succeed of course, but it would be a way to get in some interaction.

Finally, I still can't post after tonight. Midterms.

bronislav84
14th January 2013, 9:54 PM
I definitely meant fuses animals. Like the head of a Tyrano, claws of a Lion, so on. Best attributes of multiple animals. Well, once he re learns his powers. The original Titans have been civies for at least 5 years now, hiding.

Post is active now. Neo approved it this morning and I reposted it.

Avenger Angel
14th January 2013, 10:00 PM
I definitely meant fuses animals. Like the head of a Tyrano, claws of a Lion, so on. Best attributes of multiple animals.

Post is active now. Neo approved it this morning and I reposted it.

Just posting to verify this. Also, my class is done, and while I still need to finish the final project, I'm confident that I can get back into this and continue to post for Shade on my own.

And yes, it was a pretty grueling and demanding class, but it was fun in ways. But yeah, it's official. I'm back.

bronislav84
14th January 2013, 10:19 PM
So Neo you don't need me to post her leaving post?

And what did I tell you about quoting me man? Now the quote is old. I often find things to add to my posts later lol.

Grassmaster411
14th January 2013, 11:32 PM
oh, I almost forgot. Are we still going with Fossil being able to change back to human if Shade changes him into an animal? Since they will be interacting soon, its important this is clarifyed

bronislav84
15th January 2013, 12:50 AM
Yes of course he can, same as BB did with Mumbo. Although why you'd want to in this case I'm not sure. You were an insect and lamb for like 2 seconds each.

Edit: Hmm ok, you didn't catch the part where Big took your character with him? And oh great, now Neo has a reason to stay. Good job Grass lol. -_-

DVB
15th January 2013, 1:02 AM
Currently updating.

Grassmaster411
15th January 2013, 1:37 AM
Yes of course he can, same as BB did with Mumbo. Although why you'd want to in this case I'm not sure. You were an insect and lamb for like 2 seconds each.

Edit: Hmm ok, you didn't catch the part where Big took your character with him? And oh great, now Neo has a reason to stay. Good job Grass lol. -_-

Wait, what? Fossil wasn't there for that, he arrived and watched from the sky. No, I'm sorry, I didn't see that. Big's post still says he dropped Fossil off in his room. I'm afraid I don't understand your sarcasm here.

bronislav84
15th January 2013, 1:42 AM
First sentence of the last paragraph of his post has him grab your character again. You can of course choose to ignore it.

It's not sarcasm. I had planned to have Shade leave, but Neo wanted her to join the fight and play with us. I had convinced him to follow the original idea we had, but assuming nobody attacked her. You did, so all bets are off now.

MugoUrth
18th January 2013, 5:01 AM
I've made a few posts, but I'm wondering what I should do to make an actual impact on the RP.

DVB
18th January 2013, 5:15 AM
Not sure to be honest. Wiat to meet with the group

bronislav84
18th January 2013, 5:38 AM
Well Mug, you're in the body pile right now with everybody else. Introduce yourself and get to know people, maybe join up with the group and get in on the events going on. Will be confusing cause everybody pretty much knows everybody else, except Sonic Silver who also is new to the others.

MugoUrth
18th January 2013, 3:17 PM
There's one thing. Headache resembles a past hero of mine. I was trying to wait for someone to mistake Headache for Detour before truly introducing her.

Samantha Sparks
18th January 2013, 5:03 PM
Kotamae left behind a couple pages from his familiar summoning spellbook. They are the first and last pages of the chapter on contracting with homunculi. If one were to grab their hands on those, they will require the other pages to complete the ritual, unless they are master magicians who can improvise, although that usually leads to flaws.

I did state that it can be used on humans, but has a low chance on working on those.

Well, the Yoko is still at large. He's deciding whether to gather a legion of his own villains, or join Shade.

bronislav84
18th January 2013, 7:38 PM
Mug only Fossil would be able to recognize that character, maybe Ninjice. Talk to DVB or Grass about that.

Interesting post Sam. So instead of Kota we picked up spell pages? Interesting.

DVB
18th January 2013, 7:39 PM
Ninjice may recognize, not sure, but think so

Mr. Spock
18th January 2013, 7:46 PM
Mug only Fossil would be able to recognize that character, maybe Ninjice. Talk to DVB or Grass about that.

Interesting post Sam. So instead of Kota we picked up spell pages? Interesting.

im kinnda confused but i'll manage.
so if we got spell pages then who on the good guys could baybe use them?
Fate could, but he is unconcious at the moment...

bronislav84
18th January 2013, 9:10 PM
Tecna would be able to recognize them for what they are, but there would be too much synthesizing required to make them work and there would be too many flaws as Sam mentioned. Easier to get the original book. This gives reason for the owner of the book to come to us. Very interesting development.

Mr. Spock
20th January 2013, 3:05 AM
@ MugoUrth
just wanted to say that i assumed that headache had moved from holding fate cuz you said he was defending him and was talking to starfire. If you want me to change that i will.

@sparks
I cant wait to see "the god from the machine" spell. (i just remember reading that latin phrase somewhere, and im pretty sure thats what it was XD)

Grassmaster411
21st January 2013, 11:06 PM
Finally, I've been waiting for Fossil to be able to figure out Ninjice and Starfires plan. Until now, he had no idea why they left the base.

He is going to be completly against the idea of time travel. With a degree of paleontology, he understands the past than pretty much all the other heros. He's going to try and talk them out of it as if his life depends on it. I might even have him try to destroy the machine, or use force to keep the heros away, but I'll let you know if I go that far.

Also, interesting Post Avenger. I presume it has to due with the time travel?

DVB
21st January 2013, 11:12 PM
No. All the diamite that she ate finally backfired on her. The Time Gate was made to go back and keep her from existing

bronislav84
21st January 2013, 11:22 PM
Interesting development there Grass, but I am pretty sure it would not be so easy to resolve the plot with that time machine. I was thinking it doesn't work, but your character destroying it works out as well.

Neo and I figured it would be best to have a new villain leader that is not so overpowering that everybody wants to avoid him or her. Makes the RP more fun. Neo will be making a replacement for Shade soon, he said.

Mr. Spock
21st January 2013, 11:28 PM
Interesting development there Grass, but I am pretty sure it would not be so easy to resolve the plot with that time machine. I was thinking it doesn't work, but your character destroying it works out as well.

Neo and I figured it would be best to have a new villain leader that is not so overpowering that everybody wants to avoid him or her. Makes the RP more fun. Neo will be making a replacement for Shade soon, he said.

stronger than shade? yikes.
anyhoo, i got to have fate look at the pages, but i dont know a whole lot about familiars, but i recall a wiki article...So if i mess up on that just tell me.

Also, if you guys are wondering about fate's powers then watch young justice seasopn 1 episodes 7, 14 and 19 (they also show klarian, if he ever shows up in this)

bronislav84
21st January 2013, 11:36 PM
No dude, weaker than Shade. More on par with us. Please read what I said about Shade being too overpowering.

Avenger Angel
21st January 2013, 11:39 PM
Shade's dead from too much long term exposure to too much Diamite. After using it so much and getting careless with it, it finally backfired, as DVB said. But the truth is both Bron and I felt we needed to get rid of her, as it seemed her god-like potential and power was really spoiling the RP and making a mess out of things. No one wanted to fight her and no one wanted her to go after them for perfectly valid reasons. She was grossly overpowered and no matter how fair I tried to be, it didn't matter. She had next to nothing for weakpoints and could essentially do whatever the heck she wanted.

I am bringing in another villain to replace Shade as the leader, but he won't be as cheaply and as disgustingly overpowered. Given, he'll be a bit tougher than the average villain, but absolutely nothing near as ridiculous as Shade was.

Grassmaster411
22nd January 2013, 1:24 AM
Fossil fought Shade. I was planning on having him take her on again, but I agree, she was overpowered.

If Fossil can convince the others not to use time travel, then he won't destroy the machine. But I'll hang onto that idea as a trump card.

Samantha Sparks
22nd January 2013, 4:43 AM
I was thinking of a battle between Kotamae and Shade after he got more powerful and such.
Ah well, while Kotamae learns more spells, expect the Yoko to attempt to sniff out the Renegades.

biggggg5
22nd January 2013, 8:48 PM
Hey guys I'm back from the weekend. What did I miss?

MugoUrth
22nd January 2013, 8:53 PM
Shade died in a somewhat gruesome macabre fashion.

bronislav84
22nd January 2013, 11:47 PM
Yup, Shade's gone.

biggggg5
23rd January 2013, 12:11 AM
I see... Any thoughts on the new villain? If i was slade, and he is able to survive without shade, I would see this as a huge opportunity. Just my 2 cents

Avenger Angel
23rd January 2013, 1:12 AM
I see... Any thoughts on the new villain? If i was slade, and he is able to survive without shade, I would see this as a huge opportunity. Just my 2 cents

Having not seen a single Teen Titans episode, I figured I probably couldn't RP Slade without making a ton of mistakes along the way with regards to his character. He is able to survive now thanks to finding a small fragment of Shade's lost Diamite, but we figured he would need to stay as an NPC.

bronislav84
23rd January 2013, 1:43 AM
Slade's taken up residence in City Hall of anybody wants to bother him.

BTW guys fix your locations please. When Tecna bubbled away the heroes we moved twenty miles northward, to Fisherman's Wharf.

Grassmaster411
25th January 2013, 2:20 AM
Just wanted to double check, but you guys are ok with the Fossil destroying the supposed time machine right?

DVB
25th January 2013, 2:25 AM
Yeah, but it be funny if he does it in a manner that gets him comically injured. It is an arch, so when he breaks it, it collapses on him.

bronislav84
28th January 2013, 4:31 AM
Okay so as of now Food Guy and Donut are the ones who have not posted since the rooftop collapse and are lying unconscious in the alley under the hologram, off to the side hidden away from Sam's two characters fighting. They need to post or they will be left behind pretty soon.

PeeGee
29th January 2013, 10:44 AM
I don't think I will be able to post for at least a couple more days. I've been stuck without any internet and now electricity for a couple of days due to flooding, and have only been just been able to get to a place with power.

bronislav84
29th January 2013, 1:08 PM
Completely understandable Food. I wish you well, and you can give us a full explanation of what exactly happened when you return and have more time to play catch up.

THEIRONDONUT
29th January 2013, 7:40 PM
I am really busy this week, and may be unavailable for the next few weeks... I have a valid reason as far as the plot is concerned to why I have been absent, so this works out OK so far

bronislav84
29th January 2013, 8:27 PM
Being unconscious in an alley after a building collapse is a perfectly valid IC reason. You don't need to make one up. Looking forward to your being back dude.